Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 3 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:05 pm

Colin nodded, "Teomim's actions were wrong, by every definition thereof... but they owned their misdeeds, and the reasoning behind them. Still, it was a desperate ploy, and there are most certainly better ways to bring the Traditions together than to make oneself the enemy... It's not the sort of unification that will stand the test of time."

"Their actions where wrong, and no that is not the way to unify us, then again sometimes I am wondering what our society would have been if Heylel had not done what they did."
Cara said and sigh.
"Well yes they owned their crimes and never backed down from their actions. I do wonder if what was done to them was just though, yes Heylel Teomim did a horrible thing, but was his soul really guilty as well?"

He smiled wryly, "I suppose everyone's relationship with their Avatar is unusual, in their own way."

"Very true, everyone's relationship with their soul are unique...my House tend to do things a bit differently though, or our Avatars do, when they choose to manifest partly on our skin."
The Criamon said and smiled a little.

He nodded, "That's why there's a lot to be said for simple methods - the fewer elements that can fail, the better."

"There are some wisdom in that Mr Wainwright, at times things get complicated but if possible doing things simply are never a bad idea, the simpler the better."
Crexia commented.

He grinned, "I expect Bonisagus might protest at the notion of making it publically available to anyone and everyone, though..."

"No of all the Founders Bonisagus are the one least likely to protest, he shared his findings willingly among the members of the Order."
The archmage said and smiled a little.
"That is why most Hermetics today knows how to cast the Parma Magcia...he might have a problem sharing outside of the Order but I think he would have supported the idea of the Traditions. There is a reason why in the Code of Hermets, not Bonisagi swear that a member of House Bonisagus can take our apprentices if they find them useful in their studies, and Bonisagi sear to share what wisdom they uncover with the rest of the Order."
She explained.

He set down the tanks with a nod, and opened the valves carefully with his right hand, raising the chaos wand in his left, "Quite... This will probably not be pleasant to behold, but if it works, it should eat away the Aegis like quicklime in the bathwater..."
He raised his left hand toward the approximate area where the ward would be, "Regio circulum retexo per malomagia magnus!"

James and his brother took two steps further away when you opened that valve and the Cultists gave the tanks a dirty look, Loretta moving in between them and Rosario protectively, no one seamed very easy when they where opened. Crexia nodded and begun changing, her hands moving into the same sigils as before, the cat's paw and the eye as she demanded.
"Et in nomine deorum custodes de elementis. Ego hoc mando mea verba magicae sunt per aliud, et vult parere!"
It was clear this was heavy work for the archmaga, while her face was as unmoving as usually, her eyes where extremely focused, after some moments though she nodded to you.
"Try to follow my magick into the ward Mr Wainwright...do it now while it is also being hammered at from somewhere else."
Crexia commanded.

You work your magick to set the tainted Quintessence in the tanks to work, at one point you feel your own power slipping, but you manage to regain control of your spell, which is good for who know what would have happened if you had messed up what you are doing right now. The Aegis was shivering as you worked, but it did not quite break...not yet, but it was clear what you where doing where effective.
"Is there any way you can give it some extra kick young man?"
Crexia muttered as she worked.
"It do seam like we are getting somewhere."

(OOC: Enjoy your switch and your RPG book, those new Star Wars RPGs are pretty good. Truth to be told I have not been on much today either I have not been feel 100 percent. I managed to bite my tongue and got an infection so now it is swollen and I speak funny and I feel rather wiped. Hurray. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 3 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:21 pm

Tane knocked at cita's door
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:31 pm

"Their actions where wrong, and no that is not the way to unify us, then again sometimes I am wondering what our society would have been if Heylel had not done what they did."
Cara said and sigh.
"Well yes they owned their crimes and never backed down from their actions. I do wonder if what was done to them was just though, yes Heylel Teomim did a horrible thing, but was his soul really guilty as well?"
Colin sighed, "Without Teomim's betrayal like that... we might have found a stronger unification against the Technocracy, if the message of their danger had been spread in a less detrimental manner. Or they would have wiped us out long ago. Hard to say for certain... but the Traditions might have been more benevolent in legal practice; I don't think anyone fully appreciates how close we came to mob rule as the defining judicial process... But I'm no lawyer, just a hobbyist historian. Whether or not Teomim's soul was guilty as well... who today can say with certainty how much Teomim's Avatars and Teomim themselves influenced one another? I might not fully agree with the method of punishment... but I can no more protest it than Teomim did."
He glanced quickly over at Udella, without a word.

"There are some wisdom in that Mr Wainwright, at times things get complicated but if possible doing things simply are never a bad idea, the simpler the better."
Crexia commented.
He smiled, "One of my teachers when I learned silversmithing said that complexity is for art, not engineering. He advocated simple tools and sophisticated handiwork."

"No of all the Founders Bonisagus are the one least likely to protest, he shared his findings willingly among the members of the Order."
The archmage said and smiled a little.
"That is why most Hermetics today knows how to cast the Parma Magcia...he might have a problem sharing outside of the Order but I think he would have supported the idea of the Traditions. There is a reason why in the Code of Hermets, not Bonisagi swear that a member of House Bonisagus can take our apprentices if they find them useful in their studies, and Bonisagi sear to share what wisdom they uncover with the rest of the Order."
She explained.
He smiled bashfully, "Ah, more the curator than the hoarder, then... I suppose there's fair room for some misrepresentation towards those of us outside of the Order... With all due respect."

James and his brother took two steps further away when you opened that valve and the Cultists gave the tanks a dirty look, Loretta moving in between them and Rosario protectively, no one seamed very easy when they where opened. Crexia nodded and begun changing, her hands moving into the same sigils as before, the cat's paw and the eye as she demanded.
"Et in nomine deorum custodes de elementis. Ego hoc mando mea verba magicae sunt per aliud, et vult parere!"
It was clear this was heavy work for the archmaga, while her face was as unmoving as usually, her eyes where extremely focused, after some moments though she nodded to you.
"Try to follow my magick into the ward Mr Wainwright...do it now while it is also being hammered at from somewhere else."
Crexia commanded.
He nodded, releasing the spell and opening the floodgates of power once he was confident in the flow rate.

You work your magick to set the tainted Quintessence in the tanks to work, at one point you feel your own power slipping, but you manage to regain control of your spell, which is good for who know what would have happened if you had messed up what you are doing right now. The Aegis was shivering as you worked, but it did not quite break...not yet, but it was clear what you where doing where effective.
"Is there any way you can give it some extra kick young man?"
Crexia muttered as she worked.
"It do seam like we are getting somewhere."
He grimaced as the power kept flowing into the spell eating away at the Aegis' elegant patterns, "Not much extra kick I can add on top, as such - but the Quintessence is flowing steadily, and it is building like a snowball growing into an avalanche. Shouldn't be much longer, I think... Well, I hope."

((OOC: Yeah, tinkering with adapting the system to a straight-up Fantasy setting. Might have to Force some changes, though - adding magic instead and removing the hi-tech is going to take a little bit of work. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:18 am

Tane:

You knock on Cita's door, after a few moments the spirit healer opens her door and give you a smile though she did look a bit concerned.
"Mr Karyak, is all well with Tobias? Can I help you with something?"
She asked.

Colin:

Colin sighed, "Without Teomim's betrayal like that... we might have found a stronger unification against the Technocracy, if the message of their danger had been spread in a less detrimental manner. Or they would have wiped us out long ago. Hard to say for certain... but the Traditions might have been more benevolent in legal practice; I don't think anyone fully appreciates how close we came to mob rule as the defining judicial process... But I'm no lawyer, just a hobbyist historian.

"I think what Teomim from the contents of his last speech feared the most was that we would end up joining the Order of Reason but yes it is hard to know what would have happened if the grand alchemist had not betrayed his Cabal."
Cara said then she sigh.
"Well I guess that is futile to speculate about right now though."

Whether or not Teomim's soul was guilty as well... who today can say with certainty how much Teomim's Avatars and Teomim themselves influenced one another? I might not fully agree with the method of punishment... but I can no more protest it than Teomim did."
He glanced quickly over at Udella, without a word.

"Avatar and host do influence one another this we do know, however an Avatar is eternal, and such such are more precious than a human life."
The Criamon said. Udella continued to look at you for a while but the old Quesitor said nothing.
"Well I guess that if Master Teomim himself did not protest his punishment there is little use of us now, six hundred years later to second guess it."
Cara muttered and shivered as if cold.

He smiled, "One of my teachers when I learned silversmithing said that complexity is for art, not engineering. He advocated simple tools and sophisticated handiwork."

"He is a wise man this teacher of yours then Mr Wainwright and I agree, in art and in handiwork or in a bit of poetry you can make things as complicated as you will, but when solving a practical task, keep it as practical as you can."
Crexia agreed.

He smiled bashfully, "Ah, more the curator than the hoarder, then... I suppose there's fair room for some misrepresentation towards those of us outside of the Order... With all due respect."

"Ah yes the idea that we are all arrogant assholes hoarding knowledge in our towers and sanctums?"
The archmage said and raised an eyebrow.
"Well I guess that will all stereotypes, or at least most of them there is a crenel of truth, but yes Lord Bonisagus was a wise man, more concerned with creating a order to preserve the art of magick than he was with hoarding knowledge and wisdom for himself...the man Ascended they say...though that might be just rumors, but if it is true it do indicate he did something right."
The old Hermetic said proudly.

He grimaced as the power kept flowing into the spell eating away at the Aegis' elegant patterns, "Not much extra kick I can add on top, as such - but the Quintessence is flowing steadily, and it is building like a snowball growing into an avalanche. Shouldn't be much longer, I think... Well, I hope."

Crexia nodded as she focused on her own magick, the seconds ticking by then suddenly there was like...well a sensation of something giving way and shattering, there was a backlash from that which could be felt by every mage in the narrow corridor as the Labyrinth's Aegis shattered then then was no more. Crexia gave a slight grunt but collected herself quickly as she was hit by the wave from the ward turning into nothing.
"We are through, and I can guarantee the inhabitants of the Labyrinth know their wards are down, or at least some of them know, so we should move in and fast...oh and Mr Wainwright...please close those valves."
The archmaga said and glanced at the tanks.
"Let us go ladies and gentlemen and keep your senses sharp, this will not be easy."
She instructed.

(OOC: A fantasy setting with that system could be fun. Well the force rules can be said to be magic though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:52 am

"I think what Teomim from the contents of his last speech feared the most was that we would end up joining the Order of Reason but yes it is hard to know what would have happened if the grand alchemist had not betrayed his Cabal."
Cara said then she sigh.
"Well I guess that is futile to speculate about right now though."
Colin nodded, "Absorption would be the death of us, I fear, just as easily as a defeat in battle. But yes, it's a moot point."

"Avatar and host do influence one another this we do know, however an Avatar is eternal, and such such are more precious than a human life."
The Criamon said. Udella continued to look at you for a while but the old Quesitor said nothing.
"Well I guess that if Master Teomim himself did not protest his punishment there is little use of us now, six hundred years later to second guess it."
Cara muttered and shivered as if cold.
He winked slyly at Udella, "Well, if an Avatar truly is eternal, perhaps it is a little arrogant to assume they can be destroyed completely in any case..."
He scritched the side of his nose thoughtfully, "Besides, if not the rest of the First Cabal, it does seem Teomim truly and deeply grieved for what happened to their beloved Eloine... I think they loved her more than life itself, perhaps."

"Ah yes the idea that we are all arrogant assholes hoarding knowledge in our towers and sanctums?"
The archmage said and raised an eyebrow.
"Well I guess that will all stereotypes, or at least most of them there is a crenel of truth, but yes Lord Bonisagus was a wise man, more concerned with creating a order to preserve the art of magick than he was with hoarding knowledge and wisdom for himself...the man Ascended they say...though that might be just rumors, but if it is true it do indicate he did something right."
The old Hermetic said proudly.
He smiled wryly, "I wouldn't go quite so far as to say all of you... but as you said, Bonisagus was perhaps a little less eager to share his knowledge outside the Order, and that attitude might have been exaggerated a little over the centuries. And, of course, I dare not question his ability or competence. But never fear; I respect that you have secrets that you're unwilling to share, and I won't ask any of you to betray that... but i just might work some of them out on my own."

Crexia nodded as she focused on her own magick, the seconds ticking by then suddenly there was like...well a sensation of something giving way and shattering, there was a backlash from that which could be felt by every mage in the narrow corridor as the Labyrinth's Aegis shattered then then was no more. Crexia gave a slight grunt but collected herself quickly as she was hit by the wave from the ward turning into nothing.
"We are through, and I can guarantee the inhabitants of the Labyrinth know their wards are down, or at least some of them know, so we should move in and fast...oh and Mr Wainwright...please close those valves."
The archmaga said and glanced at the tanks.
"Let us go ladies and gentlemen and keep your senses sharp, this will not be easy."
She instructed.
As the Aegis disappeared, Colin swiftly closed the valves again, letting the spell run dry and dissipate on its own before checking the gauges on the tanks. That spell would have eaten up a decent portion of the supply, but surely not all of it? "Indeed, we've kicked a hole, now we can go and kick the sleeping dragon."
He looked over his shoulder to where the ghost had vanished, "Ma'am, the way is unbarred... If you wanted to find your son, this just might be your chance..."

((OOC: Yeah, but I have some... shall we say issues with the nature of the Force as such. A bit too black and white and shades of gray, when there are so many interesting colors to play with.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:11 am

Well, i think we can clean him. he said, shrugging. We discussed some kind of dyalisis with his avatar: she seems to agree with the idea, though she fears she'll feel the need for blood. Maybe afterwards some suggestion so that Tobias can't drink any more blood and a long term treatment to supress the need can help, maybe something like a resonance cleaning... Well, that'd be after we deal with this,
but i belive the dyalisis option is able to stop their deterioration.

Also, you should know the avaar is holding the effects on tobias. She's recibing more and harsher punishment from the poison because she's shielding the boy. looks like he's going to be important somehow for her to want to protect him so badly.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:33 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Absorption would be the death of us, I fear, just as easily as a defeat in battle. But yes, it's a moot point."

"I fear you are right and probably that is a fear that Heylel Teomim shared, they feared that if the Traditions had joined the Order of Reason, there would be no magick as we know it left, or at least that is what it seams from the history books but yes...we hae more important concerns right now."

He winked slyly at Udella, "Well, if an Avatar truly is eternal, perhaps it is a little arrogant to assume they can be destroyed completely in any case..."

Udella looked at you with an sort of realization in her eyes and while she said nothing she just raised an eyebrow. Cara nodded.
"Perhaps you are right Mr Wainwright."

He scritched the side of his nose thoughtfully, "Besides, if not the rest of the First Cabal, it does seem Teomim truly and deeply grieved for what happened to their beloved Eloine... I think they loved her more than life itself, perhaps."

Udella finally spoke up.
"They loved the Lady Eloine yes, they loved them all but especially her and they would have wanted nothing more than to spend centuries by her side, until idealism drove them to commit their crimes."
The old Quesitor said softly.
"Master Teomim was badly tortured when they where captured, and far from all of it could be supported by the law but none of it was worse I think than when they brought them to see Lady Eloine before she died...the Order of Reason had tortured her to the point where not even the best healers of her Tradition could help her, and when Master Teomim saw...their love in such a state...I believe it hurt them more than the Gilgul did..."
The Enforcer muttered and Cara's eyes widened.
"You where alive back then and saw this Mistress?"
She asked and Udella nodded sadly.
"I was just a young brat, younger than you are now my dear but yes I was alive and I saw it."
She replied through you only caught a bit of that conversation...

There where heavy chains around your wrists that blocked your alchemical arts and dug into your flesh, your back burned after a sound beating and several ribs where broken, hot irons had touched your skin and...more you had lost track of the torture and yet right then and there you forgot about the pain, it did not matter...you could hardly recognize the woman laying under the fine linen bedcovers, what you saw of her face was mangled, her dark curls had be roughly shaved off her head, both her eyes where swollen shut and her skin was blue and black and full of deep lacerations...and this was after the healing attempts by the best physicians of the Verbena. Your guards let go of your arms so you could go to her, and you did, expecting the woman you loved would hate you for bringing this upon her...she should hate you, but as you touched her ever so gently she grabbed for your chained hands, she could neither see nor hear anymore but her fingers, those of them that where not so broken as to never move again weakly held your hand, if only she had hated you...perhaps it would have been easier if she had...but seeing the love that was still there after you had taken Eloine's children from her...betrayed her to this...you stopped hoping for any mercy from the Traditions, not that you had wished for any before, or thought you deserved any, but Gilgul would be a relief...to not be reborn with these memories...

It had only been a few seconds when you where back in the tunnel, Udella and Cara was still talking and they had not noticed you zoning out for a moment and you heard Mia whisper to you.
"I would not let you off...that easy, not one brief flash of pain and then oblivion...and this time you will stay true...to all of them..."

He smiled wryly, "I wouldn't go quite so far as to say all of you... but as you said, Bonisagus was perhaps a little less eager to share his knowledge outside the Order, and that attitude might have been exaggerated a little over the centuries. And, of course, I dare not question his ability or competence. But never fear; I respect that you have secrets that you're unwilling to share, and I won't ask any of you to betray that... but i just might work some of them out on my own."

"It is no secret that the Order of Hermes was...brutal to non Order magi, often having a join or become target practice for the Flambeau policy, something which made it even harder when the Verbena, a collection of witches and hedge wizards to numerous to ignore came to us and suggested the formation of the Traditions...the Order was not always kind but what we did...we did to preserve magick itself."
The old maga said proudly.
"Well yes off course the Order have secrets, the Parma itself for example...and I have my own secrets and if you figure them out...well now Mr Wainwright, I can hardly stop you...legally."
The Tytalus said with a sweet smile.

As the Aegis disappeared, Colin swiftly closed the valves again, letting the spell run dry and dissipate on its own before checking the gauges on the tanks. That spell would have eaten up a decent portion of the supply, but surely not all of it? "Indeed, we've kicked a hole, now we can go and kick the sleeping dragon."

"I doubt the dragon is sleeping after that."
Crexia muttered, you notice that James and his brother looked at where you had placed that spell with horror at that corrupted Quintessence and there was some small sounds as Cara lost her breakfast on the floor and then did a small ritual to sever arcane connections from well the proof of her moment of indignity. Both the Cultists looked disgusted. Udella did not seam to let it bother her though and Nancy was watching something on the wall and giggling. There where about half of the foul stuff left in the tanks.
"Gather up please."
Crexia said and the group begun moving to gather up around her...to get ready to enter the Labyrinth.

He looked over his shoulder to where the ghost had vanished, "Ma'am, the way is unbarred... If you wanted to find your son, this just might be your chance..."

You see nothing but you feel a spiderweb touch on your hand as something slides past you in the direction of the maintenance shed.

(OOC: Adley is so going to scold Colin for what he is talking about publicly when he get the chance, there will be some finger wagging I suspect...allot of finger wagging...Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:45 am

Well, i think we can clean him. he said, shrugging. We discussed some kind of dyalisis with his avatar: she seems to agree with the idea, though she fears she'll feel the need for blood. Maybe afterwards some suggestion so that Tobias can't drink any more blood and a long term treatment to supress the need can help, maybe something like a resonance cleaning... Well, that'd be after we deal with this,
but i belive the dyalisis option is able to stop their deterioration.

"I see, hum...that could work, and I got a email from a fellow Adept with a method your Cabalmate Colin Wainwright had taught him and asked him to get to me that might...work for that...I agree that might stop the deterioration if the soul is able to take the strain of the dialysis itself."
Cara said and nodded.
"Yes one one of us have tasted vampire blood...there will always be that desire there, I am working on securing the boy a place at Horizon once he is well enough to be moved, there he should not encounter any temptation, I am not sure manipulating him mentally or spiritually to prevent him form subcomming to his desires will be effective though, keeling him away from vampires though that might just do it. I am trying to get him a good teacher, one that can lead him right."

Also, you should know the avaar is holding the effects on tobias. She's recibing more and harsher punishment from the poison because she's shielding the boy. looks like he's going to be important somehow for her to want to protect him so badly.

"I suspected as much."
Cita said and frowned.
"It do not change the fact that the boy's Avatar is still a bit of a mystery though, it should not be able to do what it is doing, we are talking about a small Dynamic soul, one I would not have expected to Awaken without considerably guidance and yet it not only do that, but it acts on it's own in ways you hardly ever see outside of powerful Primordial Avatars...not to mention that with as much damage it have taken it should have shattered long ago...not that I am not glad it have not...no that boy and his soul is a mystery..."
The spirit healer said then she sigh.
"Well there will be time enough to worry about that mystery after we save them Mr Karyak, if you would be so kind as to assist me, the sooner we try this the better."

(OOC: And if there is any question about it, we are using the Blood Treachery version of what happens to a ghouled mage, the new Black Hand book have a far kinder set of rules and the upcoming Book of Secrets have a set of rules as well that while harsh do not kill Avatars, but I have always preferred the Blood Treachery rules, they give a good reason for mages to stay far away from vampires.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:47 am

"I fear you are right and probably that is a fear that Heylel Teomim shared, they feared that if the Traditions had joined the Order of Reason, there would be no magick as we know it left, or at least that is what it seams from the history books but yes...we hae more important concerns right now."
Colin nodded, "And seeing as what sort of world the Technocracy has managed to create, they'd have been right."

It had only been a few seconds when you where back in the tunnel, Udella and Cara was still talking and they had not noticed you zoning out for a moment and you heard Mia whisper to you.
"I would not let you off...that easy, not one brief flash of pain and then oblivion...and this time you will stay true...to all of them..."
He didn't move a muscle on his face as he mentally replied, "No, this time... We can't undo what was done, but we can do better. We can try to find them all, and do right by them... and perhaps one day earn their forgiveness. And we can try to make the Traditions what the old ideals suggest they should be, rather than what they were made into back then..."

"It is no secret that the Order of Hermes was...brutal to non Order magi, often having a join or become target practice for the Flambeau policy, something which made it even harder when the Verbena, a collection of witches and hedge wizards to numerous to ignore came to us and suggested the formation of the Traditions...the Order was not always kind but what we did...we did to preserve magick itself."
The old maga said proudly.
"Well yes off course the Order have secrets, the Parma itself for example...and I have my own secrets and if you figure them out...well now Mr Wainwright, I can hardly stop you...legally."
The Tytalus said with a sweet smile.
He smiled wryly, "I do hope you wouldn't stop me illegally either, if I happened to make my independent discoveries to match Hermetic secrets? After all, it might be highly unlikely for me to know I was treading on your secrets if I don't know about them properly to begin with."

"I doubt the dragon is sleeping after that."
Crexia muttered, you notice that James and his brother looked at where you had placed that spell with horror at that corrupted Quintessence and there was some small sounds as Cara lost her breakfast on the floor and then did a small ritual to sever arcane connections from well the proof of her moment of indignity. Both the Cultists looked disgusted. Udella did not seam to let it bother her though and Nancy was watching something on the wall and giggling. There where about half of the foul stuff left in the tanks.
"Gather up please."
Crexia said and the group begun moving to gather up around her...to get ready to enter the Labyrinth.
He sighed, "Very true... One moment, though, if you please..."
He took a quick step back from the tanks, and raised his signet ring again, envisioning the cluttered passageways, and Mia with the brooms clearing them out, "Scoria expurgate!"
Then he grimaced at the tunnel, "Alright, I'm ready to press on, then."

((OOC: Arete roll: 2,4,6 - one success, I think? Should do it to deal with the residual guk from that spell.))

((OOC2: Yeah, there probably will be a lot of finger wagging for this one... Well, better Adley than Old Man Winkle, right? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Colin nodded, "And seeing as what sort of world the Technocracy has managed to create, they'd have been right."

Cara nodded at that.
"Yeah you are right about that Mr Wainwright."
She muttered.

He didn't move a muscle on his face as he mentally replied, "No, this time... We can't undo what was done, but we can do better. We can try to find them all, and do right by them... and perhaps one day earn their forgiveness. And we can try to make the Traditions what the old ideals suggest they should be, rather than what they were made into back then..."

Mia looked at you from her place in your soul and she was silent for a little while before she nodded.
"Yes, we can not undo what was done but we can try to make amends, and we can find a better way, a better way to make the Traditions one and preserve magick in this world."
She whispered before she gently returned back into your soul to observe the world though your eyes.
"Only that will bring respite from old pain...only a better way."
Her words where there and not, just a slight whisper in your mind, which could have been your own thoughts."

He smiled wryly, "I do hope you wouldn't stop me illegally either, if I happened to make my independent discoveries to match Hermetic secrets? After all, it might be highly unlikely for me to know I was treading on your secrets if I don't know about them properly to begin with."

"Me? No the time for hoarding our own secrets on our own individuals hills are past, some other Hermetics though...finding such secrets would not be safe for you Mr Wainwright...some would rather break the Code than to see our secrets spread, so step carefully young man, step carefully."
Crexia said as she regarded you for a moment.

He sighed, "Very true... One moment, though, if you please..."

"Very well Mr Wainwright but do not take to long."
The archmaga agreed.

He took a quick step back from the tanks, and raised his signet ring again, envisioning the cluttered passageways, and Mia with the brooms clearing them out, "Scoria expurgate!"
Then he grimaced at the tunnel, "Alright, I'm ready to press on, then."

You felt more refreshed and the clutter of energy sorted itself out, giving you a little boost and making you feel refreshed like from a quick shower. Crexia nodded.
"Very well Mr Wainwright...are everyone else ready as well?"
The Archmaga said and looked around at the other gathered magi, most of which nodded to her.

(OOC: Yes that should take care of the Resonance before it fully forms. Yes well unless you like the idea of time being changed so you where never born then better Adley then old man Wrinkle indeed, and speaking of Adley we should probably let Strife respond before pressing on.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:09 pm

Mia looked at you from her place in your soul and she was silent for a little while before she nodded.
"Yes, we can not undo what was done but we can try to make amends, and we can find a better way, a better way to make the Traditions one and preserve magick in this world."
She whispered before she gently returned back into your soul to observe the world though your eyes.
"Only that will bring respite from old pain...only a better way."
Her words where there and not, just a slight whisper in your mind, which could have been your own thoughts."
Colin thought back to Mia, "And more than anything, protect the children..."

"Me? No the time for hoarding our own secrets on our own individuals hills are past, some other Hermetics though...finding such secrets would not be safe for you Mr Wainwright...some would rather break the Code than to see our secrets spread, so step carefully young man, step carefully."
Crexia said as she regarded you for a moment.
He smiled, "Well, I wouldn't necessarily share every last of my discoveries all that freely... The rote I've already taught you, that one is too valuable in order to protect Magi from the effects of disposing of heavily resonated Quintessence; corrupted Tass in particular - I could not in good conscience keep that one to myself and be miserly about it. Other spells I devise, though... well, it would hardly do to be challenged to a duel and find that I've already published all the tricks up my sleeve for my challenger to study."

You felt more refreshed and the clutter of energy sorted itself out, giving you a little boost and making you feel refreshed like from a quick shower. Crexia nodded.
"Very well Mr Wainwright...are everyone else ready as well?"
The Archmaga said and looked around at the other gathered magi, most of which nodded to her.
He picked up the tanks again, "Ready to advance, Ma'am."

((OOC: Yup; and since I'm heading off to dinner with the outinlaws today, there's going to be a few hours until I can check in again.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Colin thought back to Mia, "And more than anything, protect the children..."

"Yes...more than anything, protect the children."
Mia agreed in a soft whisper from somewhere deep inside your mind.

He smiled, "Well, I wouldn't necessarily share every last of my discoveries all that freely... The rote I've already taught you, that one is too valuable in order to protect Magi from the effects of disposing of heavily resonated Quintessence; corrupted Tass in particular - I could not in good conscience keep that one to myself and be miserly about it. Other spells I devise, though... well, it would hardly do to be challenged to a duel and find that I've already published all the tricks up my sleeve for my challenger to study."

"A wise precaution Mr Wainwright, and I do appropriate you sharing the draining rote you have devised but both for a duel but also just to have some leverage and an income that can come hard for an Orphan if you do not mind me saying so young man, keeping some of your secrets to yourself might indeed be wise, and off course if you should stumble onto something the Order count among our own secrets well, as long as we do not find out about it you should be safe enough eh."
Crexia said and smiled.

He picked up the tanks again, "Ready to advance, Ma'am."

The old archmaga nodded.
"Very well, we will be headed to the areas where we think we can find Miss Carlyle, there is little time to take prisoners, if we encounter any of the Nephandi or their servants, which we are likely to do, shoot to kill unless it is Abigail, do remember there are two more teams of our own men and women advancing on the Labyrinth though, do be careful who you shoot at."
She instructed the group.
"And steel yourself, we are going into an unpleasant place."
She muttered.

(OOC: Enjoy your dinner.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:28 pm

Adley squinted a bit as he saw someone, his body posture changing as he strafed to carefully look to see if the mage was still there and try to act if he was. "There's some-mage in the umbra," he warned the others. "Someone help me grab them..."

// ooc1: Sorry for more questions: so the guy is in the umbra and so either need to use enchanted weapons or rotes that can can across the other side of the gauntlet. Adley can't cross the gauntlet himself but Spirit 2 should allow attempts to use rotes across it, depending on the strength of it right? Basically trying to figure out if Spirit and say Forces could be used together to either grab the guy like Hayden (though I assume he'd be stuck at the gauntlet) or stop him in his tracks where he is.

ooc2:re: how did a chart not become a chart? Something strange happens when a group works on a project and members work on it separately - like the telephone game, things begin to change. The last person who touched it before it was sent by boss decided the chart was hard to read (though you could zoom in and it was completely legible) - emptied it, leaving just the empty chart with arrows and the headers and put the rest of it into paragraphs instead. What I had suggested to do (based on what I formatted in the first place) was to, -in addition- to the original finished chart as the top page, blow up quarters of the chart for ease of readibility.  - so yes fuckery of the first order xD).

ooc3: That Star Wars game looks fun, btw, Warp. And hope your tongue feels better Anja, done that before it hurts a lot! Thankfully the tongue does tend to heal fast but get some antibiotics if you need them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:12 pm

You do think the mage you saw in the Umbra is still there, you can not see him right now but the spirit world is about more than what you can see, chances are though he will be bolting to rapport what he have seen shortly though. Udella nodded there where little time to loose if you where going to have a chance to catch the man you had seen.
"I will bring you into the Umbra Sodalis and you show the way and we will see if we can grab the person you noticed."
The Quesitor said in her authoritative but still soft voice as she held out her old. wrinkly hand towards you.

(OOC: No problem at all. Yes he is in the Umbra so to get him either you have to reach across the Gauntlet in some way using magick or some weapon that can do so, or step into the Umbra yourself. Yes Adley can use rotes across the Gauntlet and that might be faster and safer than accepting Udella's offer to help you get across the Gauntlet with her to go after the guy. Yes Forces and Spirit and a dash of Prime unless you convert another force into the kinetic grip can be used to grab the person, or stop him in his tracks, but Adley can not get him across the Gauntlet himself, others in the party can though.)

(OOC 2: My tongue feels allot better today thank you, I used some antiseptic had left over from a gum infection a while back and it seams to clear it up.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:40 am

Ah, yeah, horizon could be an option... but mostly if we can find a teacher and maybe if there really is nothing of vampires there. Let's hope he doesn't come across them. Tane thought out loud. In any case, spiritual and mental therapy should be in order. he assured, althoguh it was harder than it seemed.
Also, we could take our time and do it slowly, more naturally. We used the metaphore of a creek running through a forest, where the poisoned water would flow through the soil and it would absorb the poisonous water with time, leaving the new clean water to move on. Maybe we need to make the quintessence flow until depleted while using it, and then just give it back a little, through filters so that it cleans itself naturally. Fast forward the time. Then the doe would be less strained and the solution would be the same. he said with a smile.

Having all that info, i would say it's not a little dynamic avatar, but a shard of a brutally strong avatar. I would be inclined to say that shards would be harder than regular avatars at least in the incarnation they've been shattered. Which would mean that maybe he was implanted or born with that shard. Maybe on purpose. he said, and then shaked his head, curiosity kicking out of his head. It's true, it makes no difference to us, in the worst case it's curious and that's it. The little doe has given me her concent to bring you, so if you want to try, we can do it just now.

((And what do you tell me of the merit "ghoul"? how does a tremere work? and how does your version work? ))
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:48 am

Ah, yeah, horizon could be an option... but mostly if we can find a teacher and maybe if there really is nothing of vampires there. Let's hope he doesn't come across them. Tane thought out loud. In any case, spiritual and mental therapy should be in order. he assured, althoguh it was harder than it seemed.

"The boy will need a teacher and I think I might be able to get him one. I know a kindly old Hermetic that might be a good fit for Tobias."
Cita said then she smiled a little.
"There are no vampires on Horizon Mr Karyak and let me assure you that if anyone dared to bring such a creature to the stronghold of the Traditions there would be steep penalties so the boy would be safe there for now, he would have to learn to deal with his addiction eventually but for now he needs rest."
She said before adding.
"He will need mental and spiritual therapy that is true, unfortunately though not many among us are healers in such a way, not healers of the mind where there are no magick involved, only patience and compassion."

Also, we could take our time and do it slowly, more naturally. We used the metaphore of a creek running through a forest, where the poisoned water would flow through the soil and it would absorb the poisonous water with time, leaving the new clean water to move on. Maybe we need to make the quintessence flow until depleted while using it, and then just give it back a little, through filters so that it cleans itself naturally. Fast forward the time. Then the doe would be less strained and the solution would be the same. he said with a smile.

"Perhaps, but such and approach would require enormous amounts of Quintessence that we just do not have, it is after all a rather limited resource Mr Karyak...one of your Cabalmates have thought up a method to get rid of unwanted energies and it might work and will not require allot of resources but it might be a rough treatment and I am concerned for the little Avatar's ability to withstand it, we might not have much of a choice though."
Cita said and frowned.

Having all that info, i would say it's not a little dynamic avatar, but a shard of a brutally strong avatar. I would be inclined to say that shards would be harder than regular avatars at least in the incarnation they've been shattered. Which would mean that maybe he was implanted or born with that shard. Maybe on purpose. he said, and then shaked his head, curiosity kicking out of his head.

"Hum...I have heard of such things...impossibly strong Avatars that once was shattered, each piece strong enough to form a new personality and reincarnating into new hosts...that might possibly explain it but it would also put the boy in considerable danger, those other shards will have hosts as well and some of them might potentially wish to...complete their soul..."
The spirit healer muttered frowning again.

It's true, it makes no difference to us, in the worst case it's curious and that's it. The little doe has given me her concent to bring you, so if you want to try, we can do it just now.

"Yes for now we need to focus on saving that Avatar's life, everything else is a lesser concern."
Cita said and nodded in agreement.
"I will just get my computer and I am ready to give it a try."
She said and went to her living room table, picked up her laptop and put it in it's bag.
"Is there anything you need before we try this Tane?"
She asked you.

(OOC: It vary from edition to edition. Originally a mage ghoul was just like any other ghoul, you got the benefits and no particular drawbacks, though since you would become the slave of the vampire you drank from, if you remained blood bound then you would no longer go on Seekings, Avatars do not deal well with their hosts being enslaved against their will and tend to go on strikes, but the Avatars themselves where not harmed, it was just the mage would not continue to develop. The came Blood Treachery which have the rules I use. A ghouled mage do get all the benefits of being a ghoul, and in addition can use the vitae in their system as extra Quintessence but their Avatars get addicted to vampire blood from the first time and this continue through the incarnations, and in addition once a mage become a ghoul you take their Avatar rating and add that to their Arete, that is how many years they can stay a ghoul safely, once they have been a ghoul longer than that they start loosing points in Avatar once a year until it is gone, ghouldom is slow Gilgul for a mage. Then you have the new version found in the new Black Hand book where you do get all the benefits of being a ghoul and we are back to the original version where your Avatar is fine but you do not continue to develop Arete, in addition all Paradox backlashes manifests as Vampiric weaknesses, so you will get a problem with sunlight, you will grow fangs and you do not go in Quiet you go into a Frenzy, you will begin to desire blood and so on, as you get more and more Paradox you get more and more vampirelike. Now there will be a new version of ghoul mages in Book of Secrets. I have not read all of it yet though as I did not want to spoil the book for myself for when it is out. In this game we are still using the Blood Treachery rules though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:57 pm

"A wise precaution Mr Wainwright, and I do appropriate you sharing the draining rote you have devised but both for a duel but also just to have some leverage and an income that can come hard for an Orphan if you do not mind me saying so young man, keeping some of your secrets to yourself might indeed be wise, and off course if you should stumble onto something the Order count among our own secrets well, as long as we do not find out about it you should be safe enough eh."
Crexia said and smiled.
Colin grinned wryly, "Well, I'd be hard pressed to not share an Order secret I stumbled across on my own, if I didn't know it was an Order secret to begin with... But unless I discover something which is too valuable to the Traditions as a whole, to save lives and prevent harm on a grand scale, I'm likely to charge quite reasonably for instruction to begin with. And I'll certainly heed a Cease and Desist, should it come to that."

The old archmaga nodded.
"Very well, we will be headed to the areas where we think we can find Miss Carlyle, there is little time to take prisoners, if we encounter any of the Nephandi or their servants, which we are likely to do, shoot to kill unless it is Abigail, do remember there are two more teams of our own men and women advancing on the Labyrinth though, do be careful who you shoot at."
She instructed the group.
"And steel yourself, we are going into an unpleasant place."
She muttered.
He nodded, "There's another complication down there, too - The Jade Demon is on the warpath to take out Abigail, as well. He might take some amount of offense at us killing or trying to capture his household - so we don't only have numerous friendlies down there, we have third-party combatants who are not at present engaged in hostilities with us. So do stay cautious, and try to be sure of your target's affiliation before you shoot. You won't want the Jade Demon to be personally upset at you - though he does seem a pragmatic and fairly understanding fellow, all things considered."

Adley squinted a bit as he saw someone, his body posture changing as he strafed to carefully look to see if the mage was still there and try to act if he was. "There's some-mage in the umbra," he warned the others. "Someone help me grab them..."
He frowned, "Someone spying on us from the Umbra? Did you get a good look? Wait, more importantly, was he watching from outside or inside the Aegis' perimeter?"

((OOC: I'd rather expected a second post from S7trif3 by now... Ah, well, keep the narrative ticking along... ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:14 pm

Colin grinned wryly, "Well, I'd be hard pressed to not share an Order secret I stumbled across on my own, if I didn't know it was an Order secret to begin with... But unless I discover something which is too valuable to the Traditions as a whole, to save lives and prevent harm on a grand scale, I'm likely to charge quite reasonably for instruction to begin with. And I'll certainly heed a Cease and Desist, should it come to that."

"Well I am sure we can work with you Mr Wainwright...however something tells me that one day you are going to be a very dangerous man, the kind of man that will either become a leader or well...something not quite so prestigious...but I will remind my fellow Hermetics that there are no need for unpleasant action should you stumble onto something you should not have, you are a man of reason, we can come to an arrangement with you."
Crexia said with a soft smile, friendly but she also looked just a little bit like a crocodile considering a baby antipole by the watering hole and decided to wait until the beast was bigger and fatter before having it for dinner.

He nodded, "There's another complication down there, too - The Jade Demon is on the warpath to take out Abigail, as well. He might take some amount of offense at us killing or trying to capture his household - so we don't only have numerous friendlies down there, we have third-party combatants who are not at present engaged in hostilities with us. So do stay cautious, and try to be sure of your target's affiliation before you shoot. You won't want the Jade Demon to be personally upset at you - though he does seem a pragmatic and fairly understanding fellow, all things considered."

"We can not form an alliance with the Jade Demon for obvious reasons, so in theory taking out a member of his Household is as valid a target as anything else the Labyrinth throws at us."
Crexia said then she sigh.
"But yes as Mr Wainwright says the last thing we need is another enemy, generally speaking all Fallen in the Labyrinth are target but if the target in question are not fighting back and appear to be engaged in battle with the Labyrinth's inhabitants...in no way trust them, they are still Fallen after all but wait with shooting them until we are done here and do not engage with the Jade Demon himself if you should encounter him, he is a tall, grunt Chinese man with long graying hair wearing traditional garb of fine cut, or so they say, do not engage with him or you will die and presently he and his own Labyrinth are not an issue, we do not need more enemies."
The archmaga instructed.

He frowned, "Someone spying on us from the Umbra? Did you get a good look? Wait, more importantly, was he watching from outside or inside the Aegis' perimeter?"

Adley you will have noticed that the guy you saw was sneaking around on the outside of the Aegis perimeter at the moment, but you do not know where he came from.

Crexia tensed a little as the watcher was mentioned and she gripped the handle of her whip, just in case there was trouble, the others also got ready in case you all had a new fight on your hands.

(OOC: Strife's work probably kept him busy, I do not think USA have a week of Easter vacation right now that we in Norway have.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:42 pm

"Well I am sure we can work with you Mr Wainwright...however something tells me that one day you are going to be a very dangerous man, the kind of man that will either become a leader or well...something not quite so prestigious...but I will remind my fellow Hermetics that there are no need for unpleasant action should you stumble onto something you should not have, you are a man of reason, we can come to an arrangement with you."
Crexia said with a soft smile, friendly but she also looked just a little bit like a crocodile considering a baby antipole by the watering hole and decided to wait until the beast was bigger and fatter before having it for dinner.
Colin smiled back, "Oh, I should far prefer an advisory role to the mantle of leadership... I do have ambitions to build an independent House of Negotiators; it would be poor sport not to acquiesce to a reasonable request from a Tradition."

"We can not form an alliance with the Jade Demon for obvious reasons, so in theory taking out a member of his Household is as valid a target as anything else the Labyrinth throws at us."
Crexia said then she sigh.
"But yes as Mr Wainwright says the last thing we need is another enemy, generally speaking all Fallen in the Labyrinth are target but if the target in question are not fighting back and appear to be engaged in battle with the Labyrinth's inhabitants...in no way trust them, they are still Fallen after all but wait with shooting them until we are done here and do not engage with the Jade Demon himself if you should encounter him, he is a tall, grunt Chinese man with long graying hair wearing traditional garb of fine cut, or so they say, do not engage with him or you will die and presently he and his own Labyrinth are not an issue, we do not need more enemies."
The archmaga instructed.
He nodded, "Capturing any of the Jade Demon's household will likely be the equivalent of dragging the Trojan Horse inside - from his reputation, the man does not tolerate his own being held captive by anyone. That said, I'm sure he can accept that sometimes, the wrong people get killed or wounded in the heat of battle, and he did send us word of when he would be raiding this place - but I believe it's safe to say that 'not shooting at his people in the middle of the battle' does not quite constitute allying ourselves with him. I rather expect that as soon as the last of Abigail's Labyrinth is dead or captured, the Jade Demon will make his escape while we are otherwise occupied with securing the premises..."

((OOC: This is true - and he's had a rough week with that flowchart. :/ ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:56 pm

Colin smiled back, "Oh, I should far prefer an advisory role to the mantle of leadership... I do have ambitions to build an independent House of Negotiators; it would be poor sport not to acquiesce to a reasonable request from a Tradition."

"You you mentioned as much Mr Wainwright, then again far often than not the humble advisor is the real leader rather than the one who sit on the Primus' seat or a king's throne."
Crexia said and smiled.
"Well we will appreciate the cooperation if time for such a request ever comes."
She said with a most winning smile.

He nodded, "Capturing any of the Jade Demon's household will likely be the equivalent of dragging the Trojan Horse inside - from his reputation, the man does not tolerate his own being held captive by anyone. That said, I'm sure he can accept that sometimes, the wrong people get killed or wounded in the heat of battle, and he did send us word of when he would be raiding this place -

"If any of the Jade Demon's household should happen to be left when all is said and done and it is time to actually consider taking captives they are fair game Mr Wainwright, they are Nephandi after all but they are not our primary targets at the moment."
Crexia said sternly.
"And as we can neither ally ourselves with or easily identify the members of his household, not opening fire on apparent friendlies will have to do, anyone else who is not our own are fair game as well."

but I believe it's safe to say that 'not shooting at his people in the middle of the battle' does not quite constitute allying ourselves with him. I rather expect that as soon as the last of Abigail's Labyrinth is dead or captured, the Jade Demon will make his escape while we are otherwise occupied with securing the premises..."

"I hope so young man for if the Jade Demon and his people are still here at that point then we will have to have a conflict with them, which would be bad, for both of our sides."
The archmaga said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:23 pm

"Outside," he replied shortly.

"I will bring you into the Umbra Sodalis and you show the way and we will see if we can grab the person you noticed."

"Someone cover the group," he requested, in case it was a lure, and took Udella's hand. "I'll look through first," he said.

// Sorry, this week was not fun at work and it's made me cranky. So I went out last afternoon/night then came home and hit the bed hard and just woke up to my dog requiring pets and breakfast. Good news is that it's now the weekend - so I will catch up to you Warp. And no, we don't get a whole week off for Easter, that sound amazing! Glad your feeling better Anja.

ooc2: Since in your last post Adley can't see/perceive the guy anymore from this side, it seems he'll have to at least have a 'look' through the Gauntlet at the same vibration level to get a lock on him. Kind of like the guy did to them - so that'll be first thing and if he can see him then he'll try to snag him, otherwise he'll have to go in further with Udella.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:41 pm

"Someone cover the group," he requested,

Rosario nodded as she readied an arrow on her crossbow. Loretta had never let go of her small, mother of pearl handle gun, the two Cultists now stood ready, Leon made several complicated hand gestures and his brother you saw made the modern gestures of Ignem, the pair of them was ready if there was a problem and Nancy stood there looking at the roof with a grin on her face but her knife was in her hand, the rest of the group would be well protected and they still had Crexia with them.

and took Udella's hand. "I'll look through first," he said.

The old Quesitor gave a sad smile and made one sharp gesture of her free hand, the air before you seamed almost liquid for a moment, like looking into the surface of a still pond, then she took one step forward and pulled you through, her parchment dry hand gripping yours but letting go one you where through the Gauntlet, you had shown to have enough ability with Ars Spiritus to move around on your own in the Penumbra.

You stood in a dirty old corridor, the walls where crumbling and blood oozed down from them like from wounds, under heel where human bones that paved the roadway, not far of you heard the sound of quick, running steps on the bone covered floor, someone was fleeing.
"We should hurry Sodalis."
Udella said
"Though I think you can run faster than me, I am no young maiden anymore."
She said in her slight Italian accent as she begun to hurry as fast as she could in the direction of the running footsteps.

(OOC: We are lucky here in Norway at times, I do not celebrate Easter but for many it is a week used for a little vacation. Ah yes pets will demand attention when they want it.)

(OOC 2: I am thinking Udella bring Adley over into the Umbra then but she can bring him right back if that is not what you had in mind, but I was thinking that is how she would interpret it. He can not see the guy though but he can hear running footsteps.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:52 pm

//that's fine with me - can he use the sound of the footsteps to lock on to grab him? Stuff is different in the Umbra but line-of-sight is how it's often ruled for things like Forces without Correspondence 2. (I'd like to develop some of his personal rotes in the direction of sound/vibration though, given his form of Echoes and paradigm.)

Americans don't get vacations really unless we spend our vacation time aside from some specific days like Xmas. Easter is always Sunday and people may sometimes still work holidays depending on their jobs.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:00 pm

(OOC: Yes I think Adley can use sound to try to grab him, it might be a little more difficult, add one to the diff but yes he can do that. I would say Forces without Correspondence is reasonable closeness and being able to sense that person, it is not like a blind mage can do nothing without Correspondence, sound, smell and touch should work just as well. That sounds fitting for him yes.)

(OOC 2: We get three weeks in the summer, some get one in the autumn, then some get a week for Christmas but for most it is a few days, then again some get a week in the winter and it is a week for Easter.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:36 am

"We should hurry Sodalis." Udella said "Though I think you can run faster than me, I am no young maiden anymore." She said in her slight Italian accent as she begun to hurry as fast as she could...

No, he couldn't expect an elder of her age to chase someone through the Umbra, at least not for long. And the further they went there was the risk of getting lost or cut off from the rest of the group, especially if the would-be spy escaped deeper into it. He reached out with his free hand and made a succession of gestures for Prime, Spirit and Forces and Control. The idea was simple enough, not unlike a gravity well to stop the mage in his tracks, but operating on the spiritual plane. Turn the area nearby where the mage was running into an ephemeral quagmire so he would not be able to escape. Easy idea, more complicated to pull off. "Spiritus uorago!" he said, directing the rote towards the sound of the retreating footfalls.

// Arete: 3, 0, 7 - should work?

ooc2: that is a lot of vacation time lol. Incentive to move growing, except I'm not fond of winter and snow : /

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next