Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 27 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:45 pm

Boston November:

Colin smiled, "There's a saying, 'Ignorance is Bliss'. I was a man grown before I experienced magic, myself, and it was only then that I started realising how much I'd never known before..."

"I can not remember a time when I was not a mage...I remember casting magick as a little kid, and getting Paradox sick."
Anna said and Kyle nodded.
"Yeah I mean I can vaguely remember a time before I Awakened but not very well, I was only three years old. I remember getting Paradox sick though, endless hospital visits where the doctors just could not figure out what was wrong...my mom crying..."
He muttered then he sigh.
"Anyway I think Mr Wainwright is sort of right. Think of it as being born in a box, there are no windows, no sounds and everything is gray and bland but you can be happy enough for you do not know anything else, however if you have been let out of that box to experience a green field and the world outside then you can not imagine how you was ever able to live inside such a limited place."
The young boy said and nodded.
"Sleepers don't know what they are missing...we do, but they can not long for what they don't know and what they have never seen."
Anna nodded at that but she still looked puzzled.

He grinned, "A good omelette is an excellent place to start. I'm sure you'll become a fine cook in due time."

Anna smiles at that.
"Do you think so Mentor? I like omelets with lots of cheese and some chopped up leek in them."
She informed you.

He nodded, "On the positive side, I don't think there's any structural damage to the ship whatsoever, so she's just lying in dock, scaring everyone..."

"Something tells me structural damage would be far easier to fix."
Anna muttered.

He nodded, "Simpler things, such as a bolt of primal fire, are easy enough. But to be honest, I haven't used such resonated Quintessence for complicated work much, since I haven't really had the opportunity to test it in, er, controlled circumstances. But yes, I expect any working that runs counter to my own personal inclinations would prove slightly harder to conjure up, regardless of the extra Quintessence procured to fuel it. It's a simple way to increase power drastically, but control, oh, now that is the one part that must come from within to begin with.

"Yeah well usually let us say you have Resonance from a hospital Node it might be easy to use to heal with but not to create big explosions with, while a Node from a torture chamber might be easy to do curses and to do harm, but not so good for healing, that is what I meant, but when working with Quintessence externally like that would it be yours or the Quintessence you are working with who would be the deciding factor on how compatible it is to the working you are attempting?"
Anna asked and she looked at you with great interest in the topic.

Sort of like a Ball of Abysmal Flame; I'm given to understand that is left to soak up a ridiculous amount of Quintessence over an extended period of time before it is detonated?

Kyle nodded.
"That is what I am told, there was an older spell called by the same name which is basically and exploding fireball but the new one is like a bomb, it is left to soak up ambient Quintessence and then...boom."
The young mage agreed and nodded.

Same basic principle; the casting depends on the skill and power of the Mage, but the extra Quintessence can be forcibly pumped into further damage. Most importantly, though - it is an efficient way to burn off highly resonated Quintessence, in case one should come to, say, confiscate a carload of Qlippothic Tass, and is disinclined to chew through it all and contract Jhor in the process."

"That is what you normally do with Quintessence to Mentor you channel it into an effect, ok now all magick is run on Quintessence but you pump more into it, that is exactly the same."
Anna said.
"So you can burn it without taking it into your own system?"

He arched an eyebrow at Kyle, "I'd almost have thought your Mentor would have shown you this already, though... But I suppose he decided to wait until your trial."

"Well I would have little chance to use it if the trial go badly."
Kyle muttered bitterly then he sigh.
"To be fair he have been teaching me magick but he is trying to teach me how to fit my own Paradigm into the basic Hermetic one, basics first I assume."

He grinned, "Like a carefully woven ward on the door? The sort a half-demonspawn might find tasty? I'd love to see what you can teach me about that."

"Not demon, Outsider Thing...but I guess it depends on what you would call the demon."
Anna corrected you then she grinned and nodded eagerly.
"Sure I can teach you that Mentor...it is a very nice ward and that spirit was really mean to eat it!"

Chicago Now:

He nodded, turning serious again, "I'm sure we'll find out soon enough, Ma'am."

Crexia nodded.
"That we will...far to soon I suspect."

He frowned, "Well, warn us if you spot it, would you?"

Udella just nodded at that.

He took in the sight without even twitching a muscle, then patted Rosario on the shoulder, "Miss, would you..."
He swallowed, only for an instant, "Would you kindly throw the marble into the node, as hard as possible, and shatter it? Then, after that is done, I'll... burn it all out."

Rosario lifted the hand that held the small, colorful marble then she hesitated and looked at the girl bound to the rack in the middle of the room.
"What about her...she...she is alive...you can't just burn her alive Sir."
The Cultist protested.
"You can't just burn her..."
She said sounding horrified.
"Who...who would...do something like this..."
She said and looked around the room and looked like she would get sick again.
"How can anyone be this...twisted?"

He laid his left hand against his chest, almost in a cradling gesture, and thought inward, 'I know, it's horrible... But we'll use the Node to burn itself and the chamber out, once the portal is dealt with... Primal fire should clean the room quite well... and perhaps even make some headway in purifying the Node?'

Mia looked at you from inside your soul.
"So many dead...this is defiling the pool that it have to flow though this filth...yes burn it...burn it all so something else can be created in it's stead."
You heard her voice, full of disgust, it was not that often she spoke but when she did it was because she had something important to say.
"It is that torture device...it is the focus point, the Node itself, pain and suffering have created it...it is time to end it's centuries of blood, but save a piece...save one splinter to make something beautiful with to remember those who passed here who will have no other grave..."
She advices softly though the Resonance of the Node where clearly upsetting her.

(OOC: Why...I hear they are perfectly comfortable until they send you to a hell dimension to be ripped apart and put back together again, and even that can even be seen as a thousand years of vacation, free nihilism with every purchase. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 27 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Adley Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:20 am

The Nephandus gave a horrified whimper when you talked about breaking his fingers, he hesitated and relaxed his hands a little...but really it was not making it that much easier, he was terrified and the earlier breaking of his fingers had traumatized him, he was to scared to relax and with his fingers taunt and stiff from his fear manipulating them without harming him was not an easy task.

He frowned to himself, doing the best that he could do to ensure he was actually secure and yet not hurt him, or be too gentle about it, since he knew that would just mean doing it again and that would do no good. It was almost worse, how scared and traumatized he was compared to the Diedne, who had been angry even while he was afraid. He wondered if he could remember how that spell worked, that had been used, or if it wouldn't even do any good here, with so little time and different circumstance. Dancer of Screams, so they were called, seemed to have broken this man when they took 'ownership' of them. The idea of him being owned or a slave was disturbing on its own right, and the torture. It struck him this was probably his ''owner's' room, and indeed maybe he was 'owned' by the Chief of Security, given the markings and the cuff.

Willie looked at you, his eyes big and scared, then he looked at the wall where Abigail's picture with her three students where located and he winced terrified of what his mistress might do to him if he betrayed her but then he looked back and you again and seamed to believe what you had said about what would happen, about the trap on the Node and finally he blinked twice to show you he would talk, perhaps Oblivion scared him more than his Mistress, after all Nephandus or not if he was not Awakened he had not been through the Cauls and there would be a limit to how much he would be able to long for such a thing, he looked so scarred though that his cooperation would be fragile, and with all of those scars, his fear was well founded, pressing him to much might make him shut down and say nothing.

"Good. I'm going to remove the gag. Remember, don't yell. First, what do you know about why that Elemental is just standing there not engaging us?" he asked, and went to remove the sock from his mouth. "You might want to wait, he's going to talk to us..." he said to the others.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:26 am

He frowned to himself, doing the best that he could do to ensure he was actually secure and yet not hurt him, or be too gentle about it, since he knew that would just mean doing it again and that would do no good. It was almost worse, how scared and traumatized he was compared to the Diedne, who had been angry even while he was afraid. He wondered if he could remember how that spell worked, that had been used, or if it wouldn't even do any good here, with so little time and different circumstance. Dancer of Screams, so they were called, seemed to have broken this man when they took 'ownership' of them. The idea of him being owned or a slave was disturbing on its own right, and the torture. It struck him this was probably his ''owner's' room, and indeed maybe he was 'owned' by the Chief of Security, given the markings and the cuff.

Willie whimpered in fear the whole time you worked on his fingers only interrupted by groans of pain when you had to use force to secure his fragile fingers, you manage to do it though and he do not resist but he was so afraid. You think you could work that spell, making a ball of cold, and it might help ease the pain of an injury or reduce swelling which was what it had been used for when your former incarnation did it, but for a badly healed, aching injury it was not sure cold would help, heat was often better though could might do if the old injury got easily inflamed. It was a rote that required finesse more than power though, the ball could not be to cold or hot or it would do more harm than good, and if it was not cold or hot enough it would not help. Willie whimpered at the bonds on his fingers that kept them immobile, he did not dare to test the bonds and it clearly hurt him and he gave you a terrified look.

"Good. I'm going to remove the gag. Remember, don't yell. First, what do you know about why that Elemental is just standing there not engaging us?" he asked, and went to remove the sock from his mouth.

The prisoner gave a slight cough when you pulled that sock out of his mouth then he said quickly.
"She is not an elemental she is the soul of an landfill and garbage dump which have now been turn into a recycling center, I do not know that much about her, with effort I can feel spirits are there, Levi was the one who commanded her but from the sound of it..."
The young man gave a nervous pause.
"Levi is dead, I know she was given a command to activate the trap set on the Node if we, and by that I mean the group of guards where ever taken out or someone tried to tamper with the Node."
He said and glanced at you.
"But I never knew what that trap was...I promise..."
He pleaded.

"You might want to wait, he's going to talk to us..." he said to the others.

Crexia had heard your request to wait and she had then walked a little closer to the Node and said.
"Wait your Cabalmate have convinced our new prisoner to talk."
She had clearly not heard about the Elemental's task nor did her voice sounder louder than it had to for Colin to hear her.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:40 am

In the end, he didn't try any spells. There wasn't a lot of time and there was the chance he might make things worse. He muttered apology leave his lips as he finished the job.

"She is not an elemental she is the soul of an landfill and garbage dump which have now been turn into a recycling center, I do not know that much about her, with effort I can feel spirits are there, Levi was the one who commanded her but from the sound of it..."Levi is dead, I know she was given a command to activate the trap set on the Node if we, and by that I mean the group of guards where ever taken out or someone tried to tamper with the Node." He said and glanced at you. "But I never knew what that trap was...I promise..."

He felt his brows raise up in alarm and said, "Stop them! Don't do anything to the node! The spirit was instructed to activate the trap set on the node if it's tampered with or if the guards were taken out," he relayed quickly to the others. How close...if William hadn't had to go the bathroom and had ducked out...maybe the Fortunae's and Colin's luck were still working on their side. He waited, to see if the message had gotten through to them before he replied to William. "I believe that you did not know what the trap was; is there anything else that you know about this situation? Can you tell me what the wording of the command was?" he asked.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:30 am

In the end, he didn't try any spells. There wasn't a lot of time and there was the chance he might make things worse. He muttered apology leave his lips as he finished the job.

Willie looked at you confused when you apologized to him he did not understand anyone doing that for hurting him, much less an enemy.

He felt his brows raise up in alarm and said, "Stop them! Don't do anything to the node! The spirit was instructed to activate the trap set on the node if it's tampered with or if the guards were taken out," he relayed quickly to the others.

Crexia nodded and she relayed the message quickly.
"The Umbrood is ordered to activate the trap your Cabalmate says, do not do anything to the Node, not yet."
She told Colin quickly.
"Be careful."

He waited, to see if the message had gotten through to them before he replied to William. "I believe that you did not know what the trap was; is there anything else that you know about this situation? Can you tell me what the wording of the command was?" he asked.

"All I know is that the Umbrood is a fail safe on the Lady's trap and that my mistress do not like that trap it worried her but she never protest what the Lady do, ever."
He commented and shook his head then he closed his eyes and tried to remember then he nodded and spoke in Enochian, as high a dialect of it as someone not Awakened could get, usually only used by Hermetic third degree initiates.
"If the last man of the guards die or the Node is damaged, or the spell of my trap itself are tampered with, activate the spell with my authority."
He said and glanced and you and repeated the phrase in English in case you did not understand.
"That is what the Lady told the Umbrood before she handed her of to Levi's authority."
Willie muttered nervously.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:51 pm

Boston, November:
"I can not remember a time when I was not a mage...I remember casting magick as a little kid, and getting Paradox sick."
Anna said and Kyle nodded.
"Yeah I mean I can vaguely remember a time before I Awakened but not very well, I was only three years old. I remember getting Paradox sick though, endless hospital visits where the doctors just could not figure out what was wrong...my mom crying..."
He muttered then he sigh.
"Anyway I think Mr Wainwright is sort of right. Think of it as being born in a box, there are no windows, no sounds and everything is gray and bland but you can be happy enough for you do not know anything else, however if you have been let out of that box to experience a green field and the world outside then you can not imagine how you was ever able to live inside such a limited place."
The young boy said and nodded.
"Sleepers don't know what they are missing...we do, but they can not long for what they don't know and what they have never seen."
Anna nodded at that but she still looked puzzled.
Colin nodded, "Essentially it. An alternative comparison, you've been raised only on plain mashed potatoes. Then, one day, when you've grown up, you're introduced to a home-made pizza with a delectable sauce, a thick crust, three kinds of sausage and a succulent cheese blend. You've suddenly discovered flavours you had never imagined could exist... Oh, you can still have mashed potatoes, of course, but now you know you can have something with it, too - meat, sauce, et cetera - to give the meal flavour."

Anna smiles at that.
"Do you think so Mentor? I like omelets with lots of cheese and some chopped up leek in them."
She informed you.
He nodded, "Perhaps some diced bacon, and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce..."

"Something tells me structural damage would be far easier to fix."
Anna muttered.
He shrugged, "Yes and no... It might prove a far more complicated task; there's a lot of Primium that would be... costly to replace if that were necessary, but it would certainly require less research and caution."

"Yeah well usually let us say you have Resonance from a hospital Node it might be easy to use to heal with but not to create big explosions with, while a Node from a torture chamber might be easy to do curses and to do harm, but not so good for healing, that is what I meant, but when working with Quintessence externally like that would it be yours or the Quintessence you are working with who would be the deciding factor on how compatible it is to the working you are attempting?"
Anna asked and she looked at you with great interest in the topic.
He smiled, "I suspect Quintessence from a hospital Node used for an explosion might still make the same explosion, but it might be the most health-promoting explosion in the world. It's the Mage who makes the spell, and that means the Mage's Resonance determines how hard a time they'll have with it... the external Quintessence will not significantly change the difficulty or complexity of the working, but all that Resonance does show up in the effect, and will most certainly affect the target accordingly. When I've created primal shards of corrupted Quintessence, it's looked like a... pus-filled scar in reality, of sorts; rather like a rotting flame, I suppose. Getting hit by that is... not a pretty sight; quite possibly worse than a prime bolt thrown by a Nephandus."

Kyle nodded.
"That is what I am told, there was an older spell called by the same name which is basically and exploding fireball but the new one is like a bomb, it is left to soak up ambient Quintessence and then...boom."
The young mage agreed and nodded.
He smiled, "And as your Mentor can attest, that bomb can be drained by one experienced old Flambeau and an innovative Initiate with a few bottles of condiments..."

"That is what you normally do with Quintessence to Mentor you channel it into an effect, ok now all magick is run on Quintessence but you pump more into it, that is exactly the same."
Anna said.
"So you can burn it without taking it into your own system?"
He nodded, "And here's a very useful thing - when someone is flinging a spell at you, the Quintessence of it can be redirected into something else, dampening the blow. It'll take a bit of preparation to pull it off, of course, but if you see it coming in advance, you can drain the incoming Quintessence to power, say, a shield to block the rest of the spell. That requires a lot of finesse and quick thinking, though - but it can be done."

"Well I would have little chance to use it if the trial go badly."
Kyle muttered bitterly then he sigh.
"To be fair he have been teaching me magick but he is trying to teach me how to fit my own Paradigm into the basic Hermetic one, basics first I assume."
He grinned, "Well, he would make sure you were at least using the same book, even if you're not quite on the same page yet."

"Not demon, Outsider Thing...but I guess it depends on what you would call the demon."
Anna corrected you then she grinned and nodded eagerly.
"Sure I can teach you that Mentor...it is a very nice ward and that spirit was really mean to eat it!"
He grinned, "Half-Outsider Thing, then. It's still a magic-eater, which makes it troublesome."

Chicago, Now:
Rosario lifted the hand that held the small, colorful marble then she hesitated and looked at the girl bound to the rack in the middle of the room.
"What about her...she...she is alive...you can't just burn her alive Sir."
The Cultist protested.
"You can't just burn her..."
She said sounding horrified.
"Who...who would...do something like this..."
She said and looked around the room and looked like she would get sick again.
"How can anyone be this...twisted?"
He shook his head soberly, "I... don't think we can do anything for her, except end her suffering. Igniting the Node to purge the chamber in one go is probably the quickes and most merciful thing we can do for her..."

Mia looked at you from inside your soul.
"So many dead...this is defiling the pool that it have to flow though this filth...yes burn it...burn it all so something else can be created in it's stead."
You heard her voice, full of disgust, it was not that often she spoke but when she did it was because she had something important to say.
"It is that torture device...it is the focus point, the Node itself, pain and suffering have created it...it is time to end it's centuries of blood, but save a piece...save one splinter to make something beautiful with to remember those who passed here who will have no other grave..."
She advices softly though the Resonance of the Node where clearly upsetting her.
He frowned and looked at Rosario, "It's the rack itself that forms the Node... I'm getting a small fragment of it before I destroy it, to make a small, precious memorial for all its victims; turning the cruelty into something tasteful and dignified."

Crexia had heard your request to wait and she had then walked a little closer to the Node and said.
"Wait your Cabalmate have convinced our new prisoner to talk."
She had clearly not heard about the Elemental's task nor did her voice sounder louder than it had to for Colin to hear her.
He frowned and nodded, stalling Rosario a little, "Very well, we'll hold... But this is the worst thing I've ever seen, I think..."

Crexia nodded and she relayed the message quickly.
"The Umbrood is ordered to activate the trap your Cabalmate says, do not do anything to the Node, not yet."
She told Colin quickly.
"Be careful."
His eyes widened, "If we tamper with the Node, the portal goes off? So if we break the portal first, we should be relatively safe?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:07 pm

Boston November:

Colin nodded, "Essentially it. An alternative comparison, you've been raised only on plain mashed potatoes. Then, one day, when you've grown up, you're introduced to a home-made pizza with a delectable sauce, a thick crust, three kinds of sausage and a succulent cheese blend. You've suddenly discovered flavours you had never imagined could exist... Oh, you can still have mashed potatoes, of course, but now you know you can have something with it, too - meat, sauce, et cetera - to give the meal flavour."

Kyle nodded at that.
"Very true Sir, only it is all the senses not just one, it is a part of every way that you experience the world around you, every part of it is greater and expanded, I can not imagine living without that though...these last months I have...tried to imagine it in my nightmares."
He said softly and Anna shivered and looked down.
"Me to..."
She muttered.
"Me to."

e nodded, "Perhaps some diced bacon, and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce..."

"I have not tried that sauce Mentor I usually prefer ham to bacon though, I am not to fond of the smoky taste, I do like peas in omelettes though they taste good."
Anna said and nodded. Kyle grimaced.
"But...but everyone likes bacon."
He protested.

He shrugged, "Yes and no... It might prove a far more complicated task; there's a lot of Primium that would be... costly to replace if that were necessary, but it would certainly require less research and caution."

Anna nodded at that.
"I would imagine so Mentor."
She commented.

He smiled, "I suspect Quintessence from a hospital Node used for an explosion might still make the same explosion, but it might be the most health-promoting explosion in the world. It's the Mage who makes the spell, and that means the Mage's Resonance determines how hard a time they'll have with it... the external Quintessence will not significantly change the difficulty or complexity of the working, but all that Resonance does show up in the effect, and will most certainly affect the target accordingly.

"It is both really, something that is Resonated all wrong for the effect one is trying to do will be harder to shape that way, it is like trying to comb your hair in a direction other than where the follicles want to go, you can do it, but it is harder and the result might be messy."
Kyle said and ran his fingers though his thick dark red hair that never looked like a comb had ever been near it.
"But it will also color the effect so an explosion made with healing Quintessence might do less harm, or when someone is hit by a splinter it might end up right next to a rumor that would not have been discovered otherwise."
The boy continued sounding proud like if he was repeating one of Jeffry's lessons proud to be remembering it all.

When I've created primal shards of corrupted Quintessence, it's looked like a... pus-filled scar in reality, of sorts; rather like a rotting flame, I suppose. Getting hit by that is... not a pretty sight; quite possibly worse than a prime bolt thrown by a Nephandus."

"My Prime bolts look beautiful!"
Anna protested and pouted. Kyle grinned a little at than but he nodded.
"Yeah I can imagine that would not be something you want to be hit by Sir."

He smiled, "And as your Mentor can attest, that bomb can be drained by one experienced old Flambeau and an innovative Initiate with a few bottles of condiments..."

Kyle nodded.
"I was told the story Sir...I translated the message on that captured Nephandus' phone when it was I who was locked up in this room I heard about the forthcoming attack on the Umbral port, my Mentor came and told me how things had gone later so I would not worry, what the two of you did was most impressive."
The boy said and smiled.

He nodded, "And here's a very useful thing - when someone is flinging a spell at you, the Quintessence of it can be redirected into something else, dampening the blow. It'll take a bit of preparation to pull it off, of course, but if you see it coming in advance, you can drain the incoming Quintessence to power, say, a shield to block the rest of the spell. That requires a lot of finesse and quick thinking, though - but it can be done."

Anna looked quite interested at that.
"Hum that would be a practical form of counter magick Mentor, and I am rather quick with my casting, I might be able to pull it off."
She said proudly and looked down at her hands for a moment and flashed several sigils that where quite different from those of the Hermetics you know but there was some similarity, not that her gestures meant anything as long as her magick was blocked.
"I would like to see if I can do what you describe once Mentor."
She said and smiled.

He grinned, "Well, he would make sure you were at least using the same book, even if you're not quite on the same page yet."

"Yeah I mean my father's House they say, it came from the Order but so long ago the gestures he know have sort of developed in a different direction, the Paradigm to plus he is a hedge wizard, so it is some getting used to my Mentor's magick."
Kyle said and nodded.
"But I think I will get the hang on it eventually."

He grinned, "Half-Outsider Thing, then. It's still a magic-eater, which makes it troublesome."

"It is troublesome that is for sure...but I guess Miss Jerkins...will not be making any more of them."
Anna said sadly and sigh.
"I miss the Labyrinth you know, they where my family..."

Chicago Now:

He shook his head soberly, "I... don't think we can do anything for her, except end her suffering. Igniting the Node to purge the chamber in one go is probably the quickes and most merciful thing we can do for her..."

"That...but..."
Rosario begun to protest then she looked at the tortured women who was just staring into nothing, her mind completely broken by her torment, her body mangled. For a moment you remember Eloine broken in bed, blind, fighting for breath, and you feel Mia's disgust and despair at what had been done here.
"You are probably right Sir but...this is so wrong...it is just so wrong."
The Cultist muttered softly beside you.
"I think I am going to be sick again."
She groaned and bent over though there was nothing left to throw up so all she could do was dry heave.

He frowned and looked at Rosario, "It's the rack itself that forms the Node... I'm getting a small fragment of it before I destroy it, to make a small, precious memorial for all its victims; turning the cruelty into something tasteful and dignified."

"That...is a nice thought."
Rosario said and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and cough.
"But the rest of the foul thing have to go...it can not be allowed to remain."
She said angrily.
"All those poor people."

He frowned and nodded, stalling Rosario a little, "Very well, we'll hold... But this is the worst thing I've ever seen, I think..."

Rosario lowered her hand again and glanced in the direction Crexia was calling from.
"Yeah it is bad...very...very bad..."
She muttered and started turning waxy pale again.
"When we get out of this damned place and back to Morningstar I am so getting drunk, I am getting to unbelievably, wasted of my ass..."
She said more to herself than to anyone else.
"As soon as I have checked on my Mentor that is."
Crexia called back from where she was standing at the end of the corridor.
"The Node it is what is the worst you have seen young man? In either case just hold of for now."

His eyes widened, "If we tamper with the Node, the portal goes off? So if we break the portal first, we should be relatively safe?"

"Hopefully yes but we are going to have to hear what more your Cabalmate can get out of the prisoner before we act...do you need assistance? If not I and the Honored Queistor will be focusing on trying to communicate with the Umbrood we are facing here."
The archmage said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:40 pm

"All I know is that the Umbrood is a fail safe on the Lady's trap and that my mistress do not like that trap it worried her but she never protest what the Lady do, ever." He commented and shook his head then he closed his eyes and tried to remember then he nodded and spoke in Enochian, as high a dialect of it as someone not Awakened could get, usually only used by Hermetic third degree initiates...'If the last man of the guards die or the Node is damaged, or the spell of my trap itself are tampered with, activate the spell with my authority." He said and glanced and you and repeated the phrase in English in case you did not understand. "That is what the Lady told the Umbrood before she handed her of to Levi's authority."

It was a shame that he was a pawn of the Fallen and had been so badly abused. He had some training, it was clear which gave Adley some insight into his Mistress, it was seeming more likely she was a barrabus Hermetic maga, not something to be trifled with. He was not keen on finding more of his Tradition had Fallen. But it was useful to know. He said to William, "I see. Did Levi add any other commands while he was guarding?" he asked. "Is the spirit allowed to speak to others?"

He said to the others, "He says the following were the orders from 'the Lady,' given in Enochian: 'If the last man of the guards die or the Node is damaged, or the spell of my trap itself are tampered with, activate the spell with my authority.' The translation he gave is similar, though he doesn't speak with the full ability that she would have," he explained. "There are many variables in that order," he said, turning it over. He couldn't see what Colin and Rosario were witnessing, perhaps thankfully.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:57 pm

He said to William, "I see. Did Levi add any other commands while he was guarding?" he asked. "Is the spirit allowed to speak to others?"

"He told her to assist if we where attacked but she do not always obey others than the Lady's orders, she is very resentful."
Willie said.
"I do not know of any orders to prevent her from talking to others but I know she do not easily trust mages, not since we took her child...her balance."
He said and sigh.
"I can understand her reluctance."

He said to the others, "He says the following were the orders from 'the Lady,' given in Enochian: 'If the last man of the guards die or the Node is damaged, or the spell of my trap itself are tampered with, activate the spell with my authority.' The translation he gave is similar, though he doesn't speak with the full ability that she would have," he explained.

"That is not good...such an order is rather wide...I think we are going to have to get the Umbrood over on our side or...deal with her some other way before we can risk trying to dispel that portal."
Crexia said.
"I have given your Cabalmate the order to wait, but this complicate matters...hum also our new prisoner speaks Enocian? Do you think he is Hermetic Sodalis?"
Crexia asked.
"I guess it do not matter much right now...do he have any Investment marks you can see?"

"There are many variables in that order," he said, turning it over. He couldn't see what Colin and Rosario were witnessing, perhaps thankfully.

"There is but the last member of the guard team is still alive, bound and captured but alive and your Cabalmate and the Cultist have not yet done anything to the Node or the portal but we can not wait to long."
Crexia said.
"See what else you can get out of him and I will try to talk with the Umbrood."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:11 pm

"He told her to assist if we where attacked but she do not always obey others than the Lady's orders, she is very resentful." Willie said. "I do not know of any orders to prevent her from talking to others but I know she do not easily trust mages, not since we took her child...her balance."

"Her balance?" he asked.

"That is not good...such an order is rather wide...I think we are going to have to get the Umbrood over on our side or...deal with her some other way before we can risk trying to dispel that portal." Crexia said. "I have given your Cabalmate the order to wait, but this complicate matters...hum also our new prisoner speaks Enocian? Do you think he is Hermetic Sodalis?" Crexia asked. "I guess it do not matter much right now...do he have any Investment marks you can see?"

"I believe he might have been, perhaps up to the third degree going by his ability to speakit. Or his...'owner' is or whomever mentored him," he sounded disgusted at the term. "It might be their Security Chief, I think this is her room," he said. "I agree with your assessment. That woman took her child hostage, and she seems only to take orders from her directly. Others try but she does not always listen, seeing as how they have no leverage."

"There is but the last member of the guard team is still alive, bound and captured but alive and your Cabalmate and the Cultist have not yet done anything to the Node or the portal but we can not wait to long." Crexia said. "See what else you can get out of him and I will try to talk with the Umbrood."

"Yes, ma'am," he said. Then he said to Willie, "Is there anything else that you want to tell me to prevent us from triggering the trap? Something you might have overheard your Mistress saying?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:42 pm

"Her balance?" he asked.

"Yeah I am not completely sure how to explain it...ok you know how one of the three powers can get out of hand right, like you can have completely wild Dynamism or something that just get to Static, well the landfill this spirit is the soul of sort of got over used and neglected and started to pollute the land around right, it became corrupted you could say, and the way I understand it....from what my Mistress is saying...that spirit created a small, Dynamic creative Umbrood to be her child, to be her balance to prevent herself from being corrupted herself, something like that, but the Lady took that smaller spirit away from her so now she is not completely stable....I don't really know, that is what I heard."
Willie tried to explain.

"I believe he might have been, perhaps up to the third degree going by his ability to speakit. Or his...'owner' is or whomever mentored him," he sounded disgusted at the term.

"I...was of House Verditius...a third degree initiate..."
Willie muttered softly in a sad, frightened voice as you and Crexia discussed whatever or not he was once a Hermetic.
"M...my Mistress do use Hermetic magick though...she do...I try but with my hands...making the tools I need have been difficult..."
He said and looked away not to show how sad and upset he was over that, not to an enemy.

"It might be their Security Chief, I think this is her room," he said. "

"Hum...that makes me wonder where this Security Chief is Sodalis. I hope one of the other teams have dealt with her, something tells me she will be trouble."
Crexia said and frowned.

"I agree with your assessment. That woman took her child hostage, and she seems only to take orders from her directly. Others try but she does not always listen, seeing as how they have no leverage."

"That might be to our benefit in getting that Umbrood to listen to us, if we can make her accept that her only chance of getting her child out safely are with us, Abigail will never let the lesser spirit go, perhaps we can talk her into trusting us, but this will be a tricky one..."
The old archmaga said.

"Yes, ma'am," he said. Then he said to Willie, "Is there anything else that you want to tell me to prevent us from triggering the trap? Something you might have overheard your Mistress saying?"

"I do...not know much. I know my Mistress and the Prelate..."
He was silent for a while as he mentioned Gabriel's title then he swallowed hard.
"They did not like the Lady's fail safe...the Prelate he have a young apprentice and my Mistress also have a student, he is adult but he have not been through the Cauls yet and she do not want him to risk getting hurt...that is what she said. They said the fail safe would only be activated by the Lady or someone she had given the authority to do so...but I do not know more than that...I am sorry..."
He muttered and shivered and assumed you would hurt him to try to find out more.
"Are...you going to torture me?"
The Nephandus asked softly in a scared tone of voice.
"And...and when you have asked...all your questions are you going to kill me?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:31 pm

"Yeah I am not completely sure how to explain it...ok you know how one of the three powers can get out of hand right, like you can have completely wild Dynamism or something that just get to Static, well the landfill this spirit is the soul of sort of got over used and neglected and started to pollute the land around right, it became corrupted you could say, and the way I understand it....from what my Mistress is saying...that spirit created a small, Dynamic creative Umbrood to be her child, to be her balance to prevent herself from being corrupted herself, something like that, but the Lady took that smaller spirit away from her so now she is not completely stable....I don't really know, that is what I heard."

On it's own right, the idea of a type of spirit creating something wholly different than itself was fascinating, not something he knew could happen. Then again, this week was showing many different and strange insights, not all of them welcome, due to the Nephandi's horrible plan. "That is helpful, thank you."

"I...was of House Verditius...a third degree initiate..." Willie muttered softly in a sad, frightened voice as you and Crexia discussed whatever or not he was once a Hermetic. "M...my Mistress do use Hermetic magick though...she do...I try but with my hands...making the tools I need have been difficult..."

"It is a shame that you have become a pawn of the Fallen," he said.

"That might be to our benefit in getting that Umbrood to listen to us, if we can make her accept that her only chance of getting her child out safely are with us, Abigail will never let the lesser spirit go, perhaps we can talk her into trusting us, but this will be a tricky one..."

"Yes. He said that the child was of a different type than it, the one here created a Dynamic child in order to help prevent herself from becoming corrupted, since the area that she came from had become badly polluted. Now, without her child, her balance, she is less stable. And bound to that woman's will."

"I do...not know much. I know my Mistress and the Prelate..."He was silent for a while as he mentioned Gabriel's title then he swallowed hard. "They did not like the Lady's fail safe...the Prelate he have a young apprentice and my Mistress also have a student, he is adult but he have not been through the Cauls yet and she do not want him to risk getting hurt...that is what she said. They said the fail safe would only be activated by the Lady or someone she had given the authority to do so...but I do not know more than that...I am sorry..."

"I don't suppose you might know where your Mistress is?" he asked.

Are...you going to torture me?"The Nephandus asked softly in a scared tone of voice. "And...and when you have asked...all your questions are you going to kill me?"

"I am not going to torture you," he repeated. "As I said, you have had enough of that in this place Let us see if we can figure out this trap. And if you have anything more to say...?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:04 pm

On it's own right, the idea of a type of spirit creating something wholly different than itself was fascinating, not something he knew could happen. Then again, this week was showing many different and strange insights, not all of them welcome, due to the Nephandi's horrible plan. "That is helpful, thank you."

William looked at you for a moment.
"It is kind of sad...the two of them are not together is it not though I guess it is better for the Lady if the Umbrood is just a insane manifestation of decay gone to far."
He muttered more to himself than to you.
"And it is not my place to comment."
He added quickly with a wince and he squeezed his eyes shut as if he expected to be hit.

"It is a shame that you have become a pawn of the Fallen," he said.

"I...was sold...I had no choice..."
Willie muttered bitterly.
"I and a Node was the price given for a widderslainte girl...I did not think it was legal...but I can not protest, it is not my place..."
He muttered fearfully.

"Yes. He said that the child was of a different type than it, the one here created a Dynamic child in order to help prevent herself from becoming corrupted, since the area that she came from had become badly polluted. Now, without her child, her balance, she is less stable. And bound to that woman's will."

"Hum...I have never heard of a spirit creating another in a different trinity alignment than itself but it do make some sense, the three powers are circular, and new Dynamic creation would come after Entropy and as such a creative, Dynamic being might help balance out destruction gone overboard though Entropy are harder to balance than the other two, two balances against one another."
Crexia said and sigh.
"We are going to have to see what we can do to help..."

"I don't suppose you might know where your Mistress is?" he asked.

"She have bound me to her magickally, I do not know exactly but I know the general location and she can call me to her side if she need me..."
Willie muttered and nodded.

"I am not going to torture you," he repeated. "As I said, you have had enough of that in this place Let us see if we can figure out this trap. And if you have anything more to say...?"

The Nephandi pawn looked surprised though he was not sure if he believed you.
"Thank you..."
He whispered.
"I...do not think I know more about...the trap that I have not already told you."
He said nervously then he gave you a sad smile and opened his eyes a little.
"And I know you did not reply when I asked if you would kill me so you would not scare me...you are kind but it is ok...it is better that I die, when Mistress finds out I have talked with you, she will punish me...she will send me...to the Prelate again...for...it is better to die."
He said and for a moment his eyes looked kind.
"Do not worry about it, I stopped being...a person a long time ago, killing me won't matter."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:24 am

Boston, November:
Kyle nodded at that.
"Very true Sir, only it is all the senses not just one, it is a part of every way that you experience the world around you, every part of it is greater and expanded, I can not imagine living without that though...these last months I have...tried to imagine it in my nightmares."
He said softly and Anna shivered and looked down.
"Me to..."
She muttered.
"Me to."
He pondered for a moment, then looked unusually sober, "I'd suspect the loss of the senses would not be anywhere near as bad as the sense of loss of your closest friend and companion, though... Let's endeavour to make sure everyone keeps their Avatars in place, shall we?"

"I have not tried that sauce Mentor I usually prefer ham to bacon though, I am not to fond of the smoky taste, I do like peas in omelettes though they taste good."
Anna said and nodded. Kyle grimaced.
"But...but everyone likes bacon."
He protested.
He chuckled, "Everyone likes beer, too, Kyle, but there are still people who are... not overly fond of it. There's no accounting for taste, I'm afraid - personally, I'd rather not see peas in my omelette, but it takes all sorts."

"It is both really, something that is Resonated all wrong for the effect one is trying to do will be harder to shape that way, it is like trying to comb your hair in a direction other than where the follicles want to go, you can do it, but it is harder and the result might be messy."
Kyle said and ran his fingers though his thick dark red hair that never looked like a comb had ever been near it.
"But it will also color the effect so an explosion made with healing Quintessence might do less harm, or when someone is hit by a splinter it might end up right next to a rumor that would not have been discovered otherwise."
The boy continued sounding proud like if he was repeating one of Jeffry's lessons proud to be remembering it all.
He smiled, "You sound like your Mentor in lecture mode, but yes, that sounds essentially accurate. And yes, I would look at the Resonance of such external Quintessence before applying it to a spell - Qlippothic Quintessence, for example, is very good for making someone's day miserable, while highly Static, preservative Quintessence would be good to power something like a wall of force, or perhaps to hamper growth or decay."

"My Prime bolts look beautiful!"
Anna protested and pouted. Kyle grinned a little at than but he nodded.
"Yeah I can imagine that would not be something you want to be hit by Sir."
He smiled wryly, "And I'm sure your Prime bolts still look far cleaner than what I conjured up, sweetie..."

Kyle nodded.
"I was told the story Sir...I translated the message on that captured Nephandus' phone when it was I who was locked up in this room I heard about the forthcoming attack on the Umbral port, my Mentor came and told me how things had gone later so I would not worry, what the two of you did was most impressive."
The boy said and smiled.
He nodded, "I'm glad it worked as intended... I'll admit I was confident it should work, but not 100% certain. If it hadn't, though... I'd have had the most unpleasant task of trying to kill the Chief afterwards; I don't think he'd have managed to process all that horrid Quintessence alone. And then there's the matter of the port's Security Chief... Well, that's not important right now; I'm glad I managed to prevent her from making a more serious mistake..."

Anna looked quite interested at that.
"Hum that would be a practical form of counter magick Mentor, and I am rather quick with my casting, I might be able to pull it off."
She said proudly and looked down at her hands for a moment and flashed several sigils that where quite different from those of the Hermetics you know but there was some similarity, not that her gestures meant anything as long as her magick was blocked.
"I would like to see if I can do what you describe once Mentor."
She said and smiled.
He smiled as he tried to follow her hand gestures, "I'll have to learn those hand seals of yours; I might not have much use for them, myself, but at least I can see what you're doing, and perhaps expand on the repertoire."

"Yeah I mean my father's House they say, it came from the Order but so long ago the gestures he know have sort of developed in a different direction, the Paradigm to plus he is a hedge wizard, so it is some getting used to my Mentor's magick."
Kyle said and nodded.
"But I think I will get the hang on it eventually."
He nodded, "Sort of like learning German, I suppose, and then trying to converse with Austrians. Same fundamental language, but the difference in dialects can be quite painful to navigate."

"It is troublesome that is for sure...but I guess Miss Jerkins...will not be making any more of them."
Anna said sadly and sigh.
"I miss the Labyrinth you know, they where my family..."
He nodded, "She won't... I suppose that bit is for the better, though I do mourn her passing, too... And I'll grant this, not everyone in the Labyrinth were out-and-out bad people. Enemy combatants or not, I suppose I would have preferred to live and let live to a greater extent."

"That...but..."
Rosario begun to protest then she looked at the tortured women who was just staring into nothing, her mind completely broken by her torment, her body mangled. For a moment you remember Eloine broken in bed, blind, fighting for breath, and you feel Mia's disgust and despair at what had been done here.
"You are probably right Sir but...this is so wrong...it is just so wrong."
The Cultist muttered softly beside you.
"I think I am going to be sick again."
She groaned and bent over though there was nothing left to throw up so all she could do was dry heave.
He nodded, "It is wrong... Take your time, but we're ending this chamber of torment today, as soon as the portal is out of the picture..."

"That...is a nice thought."
Rosario said and wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and cough.
"But the rest of the foul thing have to go...it can not be allowed to remain."
She said angrily.
"All those poor people."
He nodded, "Making a memorial will be part of the process of mending the Node, I should think - creating a sense of reflection and tranquility in the place of torture and suffering. It might not be enough to turn the Node into a healthier sort, but I'll damned well do what I can..."

Rosario lowered her hand again and glanced in the direction Crexia was calling from.
"Yeah it is bad...very...very bad..."
She muttered and started turning waxy pale again.
"When we get out of this damned place and back to Morningstar I am so getting drunk, I am getting to unbelievably, wasted of my ass..."
She said more to herself than to anyone else.
"As soon as I have checked on my Mentor that is."
Crexia called back from where she was standing at the end of the corridor.
"The Node it is what is the worst you have seen young man? In either case just hold of for now."
He nodded to Rosario, "I'm quite certain you won't be drinking alone... Quite likely, the brothers will join you, at least."
He nodded to Crexia, "Yes, the Node is the worst I've seen... It's a torture chamber... there's a rack, with a victim on it... that's the focal point, the centerpiece of the bastard..."

"Hopefully yes but we are going to have to hear what more your Cabalmate can get out of the prisoner before we act...do you need assistance? If not I and the Honored Queistor will be focusing on trying to communicate with the Umbrood we are facing here."
The archmage said.
He pondered for a moment, then frowned, "I'll give you those ten dollars once this is dealt with. Damn, and I felt good about that wager, too. No, I don't think I shall need any further assistance here, just let me know when it's all clear..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:27 am

"I...was sold...I had no choice..." Willie muttered bitterly. "I and a Node was the price given for a widderslainte girl...I did not think it was legal...but I can not protest, it is not my place..."

"You were sold? I don't understand, you were a member of a House." Even if he was only a third degree, that meant... "What node and what widderslainte girl and..." He stopped a moment, trying to get a hold on his temper before he scared William further, for he was not angry at him. But if what he was saying was true...then he had no choice but to be sold like chattel, and to find himself here, tortured by his enemies. Someone made a deal with the Nephandi for a widderslainte. "Ma'am, did you hear that?" Adley said to Crexia or Udella. Saying it wasn't legal was an understatement but he couldn't afford to be the only one that heard this, dangerous as it was. Certainly, the young man could be lying. That he knew but if not...

"She have bound me to her magickally, I do not know exactly but I know the general location and she can call me to her side if she need me..."

"Would you be willing or able to tell us where you think she is, based on that?"

"And I know you did not reply when I asked if you would kill me so you would not scare me...you are kind but it is ok...it is better that I die, when Mistress finds out I have talked with you, she will punish me...she will send me...to the Prelate again...for...it is better to die." He said and for a moment his eyes looked kind. "Do not worry about it, I stopped being...a person a long time ago, killing me won't matter."

"If that is the only freedom from this place available, then I can see why you have cause to think death would be better. But right now, the trap is active and we need to figure that out and you need to be alive for some while longer, at least." He sighed and said to Crexia, "I think that is all he knows of the spirit trap situation. If you wish to see if he is telling the truth, otherwise I think that's what he knows about it. Being in Enochian, something of the spirit of intent would be implied emotionally, yet the spirit may take the command at its literal value which could be beneficial to us if we can figure out how to use that in our favor." He frowned and muttered. "If, or, or, then. That was the way of it, right William? All one sentence?"

He seemed thoughtful. "An if-then statement is simple, if one condition, then the other occurs. But in this case, there are several 'or' conjunctions used to join three different alternative situations, each may trigger her to act. But could it be interpreted that of all the alternative sets of conditions, if one of those conditions remains true, then the entire order could be construed as still being followed? Did her poor wording accidentally give the spirit the ability to choose which alternative that she would adhere to, and still be following her order. For example, 'If the last guard dies,' is not true, as the guard is still alive and therefore she will  not act, the next alternative is 'or the node is damaged', we likewise could not damage it. And the last...the last is the only situation we would be interfering with..." He suddenly asked Willie, "William, was the Lady that gave the order to this landfill spirit the same person that put the trap on the node? Or did she have someone else do it for her?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:38 am

Boston November:

He pondered for a moment, then looked unusually sober, "I'd suspect the loss of the senses would not be anywhere near as bad as the sense of loss of your closest friend and companion, though... Let's endeavour to make sure everyone keeps their Avatars in place, shall we?"

"No it would not, that loss would be far worse Sir."
Kyle said and he and Anna squeezed one another's hands, they where in the same boat after all, both at risk of being sentenced to Gilgul.
"Yeah we have to try that to keep everyone's Avatars where they belong Mentor."
Anna agreed she looked a little scared, they both did.

He chuckled, "Everyone likes beer, too, Kyle, but there are still people who are... not overly fond of it. There's no accounting for taste, I'm afraid - personally, I'd rather not see peas in my omelette, but it takes all sorts."

"Yeah I was allowed to have a sip from my father's bottle last Christmas and no, I do not like beer not at all."
Kyle declared, that was probably the best way to stop the young boy from drinking, letting him actually taste the stuff then there was no rebellion in trying it and he was only left with the taste. Anna nodded.
"I don't have to make omelettes with peas in in Mentor."

He smiled, "You sound like your Mentor in lecture mode, but yes, that sounds essentially accurate. And yes, I would look at the Resonance of such external Quintessence before applying it to a spell - Qlippothic Quintessence, for example, is very good for making someone's day miserable, while highly Static, preservative Quintessence would be good to power something like a wall of force, or perhaps to hamper growth or decay."

Kyle scratched his head and looks a bit embarrassed.
"I do? Well I guess he is rubbing of on me, the man is a good teacher you know."
He said and grinned before he nodded.
"I guess that is why there is a trade with Tass going on, everyone want some juice that is suitable to the magick they plan to be casting right..."

He smiled wryly, "And I'm sure your Prime bolts still look far cleaner than what I conjured up, sweetie..."

"They probably do look cleaner, I don't know the last one I cast was the one your cuffs interrupted."
Anna said and pouted.
"But they are cute."

He nodded, "I'm glad it worked as intended... I'll admit I was confident it should work, but not 100% certain. If it hadn't, though... I'd have had the most unpleasant task of trying to kill the Chief afterwards; I don't think he'd have managed to process all that horrid Quintessence alone. And then there's the matter of the port's Security Chief... Well, that's not important right now; I'm glad I managed to prevent her from making a more serious mistake..."

"Killing my Mentor?"
Kyle said and he looked quite shocked and worried.
"For he would have entered a Jhor fueled Quiet and that...would have been bad for everyone, especially with his power?"
He asked and looked down.
"I am very glad you did not have to do that Sir and not only because he keeps my Avatar safe, but he is a good man you know. But what about the Umbral Port's Security Chief what was wrong with her?"
He asked sounding a bit confused.

He smiled as he tried to follow her hand gestures, "I'll have to learn those hand seals of yours; I might not have much use for them, myself, but at least I can see what you're doing, and perhaps expand on the repertoire."

Anna nodded she repeated the gestures more slowly this time.
"Transference of power, flow, creation, destruction, control..."
She begun as she showed you the hand sigils that came so natural to her, they where probably also based on Hermetic ones but where even further from the source than Kyle's, they where elegant though and beautiful in their way.

He nodded, "Sort of like learning German, I suppose, and then trying to converse with Austrians. Same fundamental language, but the difference in dialects can be quite painful to navigate."

Kyle nodded in agreement.
"Yes exactly that Sir, for example this is Vim with the old Hermetic sigils."
He said and made a sort of eye with his left hand.
"This is Vim with the new sigils."
He said and now his fingers where extended and only his ring and little finger where curled the thumb backing a hook.
"This is what I use."
He said and make the eye but the two leftover fingers where not forming extensions to it but rather making hooks under it.

He nodded, "She won't... I suppose that bit is for the better, though I do mourn her passing, too... And I'll grant this, not everyone in the Labyrinth were out-and-out bad people. Enemy combatants or not, I suppose I would have preferred to live and let live to a greater extent."

Anna nodded sadly at that.
"I wish this war did not exist Mentor."
She muttered and looked down.
"It sucks so much. And I hate that I lost everyone I cared for."
She muttered and had to wipe fresh tears from her eyes.

Chicago Now:

He nodded, "It is wrong... Take your time, but we're ending this chamber of torment today, as soon as the portal is out of the picture..."

Rosario nodded sadly at that.
"I hate this place but yes we are ending this chamber, we are ending it."
She said with determination though she still looked rather waxy and pale.

He nodded, "Making a memorial will be part of the process of mending the Node, I should think - creating a sense of reflection and tranquility in the place of torture and suffering. It might not be enough to turn the Node into a healthier sort, but I'll damned well do what I can..."

"At least the victims will have some sort of...memorial, an acknowledgement perhaps that will ease their souls and give them some peace."
Rosario muttered she looked at the tortured woman on the rack.
"I would go and hold her hand while we wait for word on when we can destroy this thing but...I fear she might be scared if anyone touch her."
She said in a frustrated tone of voice.

He nodded to Rosario, "I'm quite certain you won't be drinking alone... Quite likely, the brothers will join you, at least."
He nodded to Crexia, "Yes, the Node is the worst I've seen... It's a torture chamber... there's a rack, with a victim on it... that's the focal point, the centerpiece of the bastard..."

"Yeah there will be allot of drunk mages tonight alright."
Rosario said wryly.
"Is the victim to far gone to save? And yes that do sound bad, very bad, but hold of for now until we know more."
Crexia ordered from the other side of the small corridor.

He pondered for a moment, then frowned, "I'll give you those ten dollars once this is dealt with. Damn, and I felt good about that wager, too. No, I don't think I shall need any further assistance here, just let me know when it's all clear..."

"Well win some loose some eh, and I will be needing more embroidery thread."
Crexia said with a bit of humor.
"But yes I will let you know when it is clear young man but be careful. Do not touch the Node for now."

"You were sold? I don't understand, you were a member of a House." Even if he was only a third degree, that meant... "

"Yes I was, but I did a crime. I fell in love with a Technocrat I met at the Boston Umbral Port and we begun to see one another, I never spoke of the Traditions and she never spoke of the Union, we betrayed no one but I know it was against the law, I was caught eventually and sentenced to ten years of indentured servitude, the sister of the Quesitor who was the persecutor at my trial bought the contract and she was the one who sold me to the Nephandi...and she was the one who...broke my hands when I tried to escape...I..."
Willie's words trailed of. Indentured servitude did happen as a punishment though it was more commonly given to Custos and hedge wizards than true magi, however an indentured servant was still a member of the Traditions or protected by the laws as a Custos, and while it was legal to force them to work and punishing wrong doings breaking their hands like that and doing permanent damage would still be considered an attack on another member of the Order and since William used his hands for his magick like most Hermetics would also be considered an attack on his magical abilities which was a serious offense and selling anything, much less an indentured servant to the Nephandi was quite litterary dealing with enemies of the Asencion, it was about as far from legal as you could get. Yes abuse happened with indentured servants, which was why your Mentor hated the practice and had broken into a Chantry to rescue the Von Hess couple, earning himself a beating in the process for stealing them, but this level of abuse would not be tolerated, not even by the conservative law of the Traditions.

"What node and what widderslainte girl and..." He stopped a moment, trying to get a hold on his temper before he scared William further, for he was not angry at him. But if what he was saying was true...then he had no choice but to be sold like chattel, and to find himself here, tortured by his enemies. Someone made a deal with the Nephandi for a widderslainte.

William whimpered at your anger and curled up more you saw the make shift ropes biting into his flesh as he fearfully strained against them.
"I...I do not know which Node...please don't hurt me...I only heard them talking. The same with the widderslainte girl...the Labyrinth had found a former member again...a child, but I and the Node was given in trade for her location...please it is all I know they did not give me all the details."
He wept fearfully.

"Ma'am, did you hear that?" Adley said to Crexia or Udella. Saying it wasn't legal was an understatement but he couldn't afford to be the only one that heard this, dangerous as it was. Certainly, the young man could be lying. That he knew but if not...

"I heard..."
Crexia said darkly.
"I have to deal with the Umbrood but do you think it will frighten the man if I came in to speak with him afterwards, what have happened to this man is horrible."
Udella said you heard anger in her usually mild voice.

"Would you be willing or able to tell us where you think she is, based on that?"

"I can't, I can't she owns me, I have to obey her and when the Prelate is done torturing me...every time she will hold me, and tell me it is alright and put ointment on the wounds."
Willie wept. It was a simple enough tactic to break someone's will and make them loyal, have them horribly tortured again and again, and when they are at their most fragile and will take comfort from anyone as long as there are some comfort, something other than pain, then be that comfort and see an bond from from their desperation, your Mentor had warned you about that, sometimes rescued captives will be fanatically loyal to their captors due to this and other forms of manipulation.

"If that is the only freedom from this place available, then I can see why you have cause to think death would be better. But right now, the trap is active and we need to figure that out and you need to be alive for some while longer, at least."

Wiilie looked at you and nodded.
"For a little while longer at least."
He repeated softly.

He sighed and said to Crexia, "I think that is all he knows of the spirit trap situation. If you wish to see if he is telling the truth, otherwise I think that's what he knows about it.

Crexia stepped into the room and William whimpered fearfully.
"I am not going to harm you I am just going to see if you have spoken any lies the last few minutes."
The old Tytalus said as she quickly cast a Mentem spell then shook her head.
"No lies so either he have been telling the truth or he have been telling the trust as he believe it to be."
The old maga said and she gave the young man a compassionate look.

Being in Enochian, something of the spirit of intent would be implied emotionally, yet the spirit may take the command at its literal value which could be beneficial to us if we can figure out how to use that in our favor." He frowned and muttered. "If, or, or, then. That was the way of it, right William? All one sentence?"

"It was all one sentence..."
William confirmed and he repeated it for you as best he could in the limited way someone not Awakened could. Crexia nodded.
"Yes this might help us out, especially if the Umbrood are trying to find a loophole to the orders she have been given."

He seemed thoughtful. "An if-then statement is simple, if one condition, then the other occurs. But in this case, there are several 'or' conjunctions used to join three different alternative situations, each may trigger her to act. But could it be interpreted that of all the alternative sets of conditions, if one of those conditions remains true, then the entire order could be construed as still being followed?

Crexia nodded at that.
"I do think that if any of the conditions are followed then the whole order can be seen as being followed, but I am not sure when it comes to the entire guard party being destroyed or the Node or the spell tampered with...perhaps as long as our new friend here is alive she is free to not act or she might decide to act if the Node or the portal are affected."
Crexia said as she looked at Willie.
"It is hard to say for sure but we do know the Umbrood is not likely to want that portal to open, that will harm her child as well."

Did her poor wording accidentally give the spirit the ability to choose which alternative that she would adhere to, and still be following her order. For example, 'If the last guard dies,' is not true, as the guard is still alive and therefore she will not act, the next alternative is 'or the node is damaged', we likewise could not damage it. And the last...the last is the only situation we would be interfering with..."

"Hum...that is what I suspect might be the case as long as some of the elements in the order do not fulfill, Young William here is kept alive and the Node is not damaged then she might not react to us taking down the portal, it is how I would interpret it, but it is hard to know for sure in this situation."
The archmaga said and nodded.
"The person who gave this order is not very good or used to speaking Enocian...it seams."

He suddenly asked Willie, "William, was the Lady that gave the order to this landfill spirit the same person that put the trap on the node? Or did she have someone else do it for her?"

"She had someone else do it for her...Lady Cotta the Labyrinth Keeper made the trap as far as I know, the Lady of the Labyrinth herself did not create the trap but she gave the Umbrood the order."
William said he cast you and Crexia concerned looks.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:53 pm

Boston, November:
"Yeah I was allowed to have a sip from my father's bottle last Christmas and no, I do not like beer not at all."
Kyle declared, that was probably the best way to stop the young boy from drinking, letting him actually taste the stuff then there was no rebellion in trying it and he was only left with the taste. Anna nodded.
"I don't have to make omelettes with peas in in Mentor."
Colin smiled, "Taste evolves over time - what you loved as a small child might not be palatable when you're a man grown, and vice versa. But I think your father made a wise move in letting you get an early taste like that."
He grinned to Anna, "If you want peas in your omelette, by all means, have some."

Kyle scratched his head and looks a bit embarrassed.
"I do? Well I guess he is rubbing of on me, the man is a good teacher you know."
He said and grinned before he nodded.
"I guess that is why there is a trade with Tass going on, everyone want some juice that is suitable to the magick they plan to be casting right..."
He nodded, "And Tass that is scarcely Resonated at all seems to be the most precious, while heavily Resonated Tass is... more trouble than it's worth, sometimes. With my Rote, poorer Chantries with perhaps one or two extremely Resonated Nodes can suddenly see more use - more safe use - from those Nodes, rather than having to barter for higher quality Tass."

"They probably do look cleaner, I don't know the last one I cast was the one your cuffs interrupted."
Anna said and pouted.
"But they are cute."
He smiled, "Hum, I wonder if I perhaps could shape my Prime bolts into something more unnervingly adorable, like perhaps a flying squirrel or somesuch form? Hm, a notion worth looking into, I suppose..."

"Killing my Mentor?"
Kyle said and he looked quite shocked and worried.
"For he would have entered a Jhor fueled Quiet and that...would have been bad for everyone, especially with his power?"
He asked and looked down.
"I am very glad you did not have to do that Sir and not only because he keeps my Avatar safe, but he is a good man you know. But what about the Umbral Port's Security Chief what was wrong with her?"
He asked sounding a bit confused.
He nodded, "Those were his explicit orders before we started draining the Quintessence... if he were to slip into a Jhor quiet, I was not to hesitate, but to make every effort to shoot him on the spot, to prevent him from doing something... on par with the calamity we were preventing. It takes a brave and good man to order his own execution under such circumstances, and I'm glad the condition was not met. As for the Umbral Port's Security Chief... she was an extortion victim. She attempted to betray us... but because I already had my pistol at the ready, and was vigilant for any complication, I was able to prevent her from making a fatal mistake... Well, at least preventing her from succeeding at it."

Anna nodded she repeated the gestures more slowly this time.
"Transference of power, flow, creation, destruction, control..."
She begun as she showed you the hand sigils that came so natural to her, they where probably also based on Hermetic ones but where even further from the source than Kyle's, they where elegant though and beautiful in their way.
He watched intently and tried to mimic the gestures, without any of the power or concentration involved, "Hm, there's rather an extensive alphabet of sorts? Hmmm... I'd like you to try to draw up a primer on them; it'll be helpful in getting some drawing practice for hands, as well as a bit of magical exercise, even if you can't draw on the power just yet, alright?"

Kyle nodded in agreement.
"Yes exactly that Sir, for example this is Vim with the old Hermetic sigils."
He said and made a sort of eye with his left hand.
"This is Vim with the new sigils."
He said and now his fingers where extended and only his ring and little finger where curled the thumb backing a hook.
"This is what I use."
He said and make the eye but the two leftover fingers where not forming extensions to it but rather making hooks under it.
He nodded, "Well, not being Hermetic myself, those signs are about as significant to me as Sleeper sign language; I can tell that the gestures have defined meanings and purposes, but I haven't had the time and opportunity to learn them. But, I can clearly see that they work for others, and a bit of magical observation of their use might lead me to some discoveries of my own."

Anna nodded sadly at that.
"I wish this war did not exist Mentor."
She muttered and looked down.
"It sucks so much. And I hate that I lost everyone I cared for."
She muttered and had to wipe fresh tears from her eyes.
He smiled wryly, "Not everyone was lost... Some escaped, like Tian - he might cross your path again someday. And..." He lowered his voice conspiratorially, "A little bit of Cotta lives on in me..."

Chicago, Now:
"At least the victims will have some sort of...memorial, an acknowledgement perhaps that will ease their souls and give them some peace."
Rosario muttered she looked at the tortured woman on the rack.
"I would go and hold her hand while we wait for word on when we can destroy this thing but...I fear she might be scared if anyone touch her."
She said in a frustrated tone of voice.
He nodded, "And repurposing the last remaining fragment of such a Node will be a symbolic act, as well... Who knows, perhaps it will eventually form a new Node, wherever it's put?"
He grimaced, "Also, touching her might qualify as tampering with the Node - best avoid that until the portal's gone, just in case."

"Yeah there will be allot of drunk mages tonight alright."
Rosario said wryly.
"Is the victim to far gone to save? And yes that do sound bad, very bad, but hold of for now until we know more."
Crexia ordered from the other side of the small corridor.
He nodded to Crexia, "By the looks of it, she's long since utterly broken in every way... I'm no expert, of course, but my admittedly layman's opinion is that the only things we can do is slow down or expedite her eventual demise..."

"Well win some loose some eh, and I will be needing more embroidery thread."
Crexia said with a bit of humor.
"But yes I will let you know when it is clear young man but be careful. Do not touch the Node for now."
He nodded, "Well, I suppose that's a good way to spend the winnings, since I've already cost you a fair bit of thread this weekend. We'll stall, for now..."

He glanced warily over his shoulder, at the corner around which Adley held Willie hostage, and at the spot where he'd glimpsed the spirit.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Boston November:

Colin smiled, "Taste evolves over time - what you loved as a small child might not be palatable when you're a man grown, and vice versa. But I think your father made a wise move in letting you get an early taste like that."

"Very true, I like things now that I did not like when I was little, now I appreciate a bit of vegetables with my dinner while I tried to hide them so I would not have to eat them when I was a kid."
Kyle said and grinned.
"Yeah my dad probably had a good idea."

He grinned to Anna, "If you want peas in your omelette, by all means, have some."

The young Nephandus nodded and gave you a big smile at that.

He nodded, "And Tass that is scarcely Resonated at all seems to be the most precious, while heavily Resonated Tass is... more trouble than it's worth, sometimes. With my Rote, poorer Chantries with perhaps one or two extremely Resonated Nodes can suddenly see more use - more safe use - from those Nodes, rather than having to barter for higher quality Tass."

"Yeah more severely Resonated Tass will be more of an issue, after att there is more limits to what it can be used for and it might really fuck up the mage using it so I guess you are right that the rote you describe could help poorer Chantries out allot."
Kyle commented and nodded.

He smiled, "Hum, I wonder if I perhaps could shape my Prime bolts into something more unnervingly adorable, like perhaps a flying squirrel or somesuch form? Hm, a notion worth looking into, I suppose..."

Anna giggled at that and nodded.
"That would be fun Mentor."
She declared happily.

He nodded, "Those were his explicit orders before we started draining the Quintessence... if he were to slip into a Jhor quiet, I was not to hesitate, but to make every effort to shoot him on the spot, to prevent him from doing something... on par with the calamity we were preventing. It takes a brave and good man to order his own execution under such circumstances, and I'm glad the condition was not met.

"My Mentor is brave, there is no doubt about that, and he is powerful to...very powerful but would you really have done it Mr Wainwright if he had entered into a Jhor Quiet? Would you have shot him?"
Kyle said his eyes big.
"Could you really have done it?"

As for the Umbral Port's Security Chief... she was an extortion victim. She attempted to betray us... but because I already had my pistol at the ready, and was vigilant for any complication, I was able to prevent her from making a fatal mistake... Well, at least preventing her from succeeding at it."

"What happened to her afterwards Mentor, did you kill her?"
Anna asked.
"Did one of the Nephandi force her to try to betray you?"

He watched intently and tried to mimic the gestures, without any of the power or concentration involved, "Hm, there's rather an extensive alphabet of sorts? Hmmm...

The gestures would take some practice to get right, but there was a flow to them, a simple, practical way to focus one's mind and being for magick.
"Yeah there is."
Anna confirmed and nodded.

I'd like you to try to draw up a primer on them; it'll be helpful in getting some drawing practice for hands, as well as a bit of magical exercise, even if you can't draw on the power just yet, alright?"

The young Nephanda nodded eagerly.
"I can do that Mentor...I can start tonight."
She agreed happily and smiled.

He nodded, "Well, not being Hermetic myself, those signs are about as significant to me as Sleeper sign language; I can tell that the gestures have defined meanings and purposes, but I haven't had the time and opportunity to learn them. But, I can clearly see that they work for others, and a bit of magical observation of their use might lead me to some discoveries of my own."

"Well the old Hermetic ones are really rather intuitive, take Perdo for example one curl the hand as if one is holding something one is trying to crush so it is logical it is a sign for destruction, Creo have a open palm with the hand tilted a bit backwards so it look like you are supporting a sphere in your hard, something you have created, Muto make your hand look like you are controlling a marionette I mean it is all rather logical."
The boy said and he demonstrated each sigil he spoke about.
"The hand gestures my father taught me are derived from that but they are a bit more man made if you will and less organic...I do not know how to explain it."
Kyle said and scratched his head.

He smiled wryly, "Not everyone was lost... Some escaped, like Tian - he might cross your path again someday. And..." He lowered his voice conspiratorially, "A little bit of Cotta lives on in me..."

"Yeah and that is good but if I am a Traditionalist now and I meet Tian again, I will have to try to hurt him and I do not think I can do that."
Anna said sadly then she looked at you and nodded.
"You said your Avatar are a bit of her, when they...ended her...do you have any of her memories and emotions?"
She asked softly.

Chicago Now:

He nodded, "And repurposing the last remaining fragment of such a Node will be a symbolic act, as well... Who knows, perhaps it will eventually form a new Node, wherever it's put?"

"We can hope so, a better Node."
Rosario said and sigh.

He grimaced, "Also, touching her might qualify as tampering with the Node - best avoid that until the portal's gone, just in case."

"I know...you are right, I just wish I can do something to offer her a bit of comfort you know."
Rosario and and sigh as she glanced at the tortured woman sadly.
"I wonder who she is."

He nodded to Crexia, "By the looks of it, she's long since utterly broken in every way... I'm no expert, of course, but my admittedly layman's opinion is that the only things we can do is slow down or expedite her eventual demise..."

"I see, the only thing we can really do then is to make her death as quick and painless as possible."
Crexia said sadly.
"Damned Nephandi...Abigail will pay at least we can do that for the girl, the one who ordered her torment will pay, and we will take that woman alive, she will face judgment at Horizon."

He nodded, "Well, I suppose that's a good way to spend the winnings, since I've already cost you a fair bit of thread this weekend. We'll stall, for now..."

"Yes...you have I got to make almost a whole tablecloth while keeping that time bubble going."
Crexia said sounding amused.
"But yes stall for now but be ready to act when we know more.

He glanced warily over his shoulder, at the corner around which Adley held Willie hostage, and at the spot where he'd glimpsed the spirit.

You could see the spirit now and again, she had folded her arms over her chest and she looked defiant and skeptical as Udella was trying to negotiate with her, noticing you looking at you the spirit glanced in your direction with her glass shard eyes and the you who remembered two months taking care of Anna got the sudden thought that the little girl would have like this spirit for her eyes if she had seen her and you made a note to tell her when next you visited her only to remember that right now the girl barely knew you and she was chained and scared laying in a infirmary bed at Morningstar.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:48 pm

"Yes I was, but I did a crime. I fell in love with a Technocrat I met at the Boston Umbral Port and we begun to see one another, I never spoke of the Traditions and she never spoke of the Union, we betrayed no one but I know it was against the law, I was caught eventually and sentenced to ten years of indentured servitude, the sister of the Quesitor who was the persecutor at my trial bought the contract and she was the one who sold me to the Nephandi...and she was the one who...broke my hands when I tried to escape...I..."

Adley frowned. "You were from Boston?" Another tumble down the rabbit hole...given that he was a Hermetic he could speculate which chantry he was from, who the Quesitor in question was as well. "What is your...or was your Name? What chantry were you from, and when was the trial?"

"I...I do not know which Node...please don't hurt me...I only heard them talking. The same with the widderslainte girl...the Labyrinth had found a former member again...a child, but I and the Node was given in trade for her location...please it is all I know they did not give me all the details."

"I'm not angry at you," he assured him. "Nor am I going to torture you," he reminded him. "Can you tell me who was talking about this deal? And when did this occur? How long have you been here?" He knew it was possible that the man could have false memories, could be lying. But if it were true...

"I have to deal with the Umbrood but do you think it will frighten the man if I came in to speak with him afterwards, what have happened to this man is horrible." Udella said

"He is scared and thinks we will punish him, but I will see if he will agree," he said, then said to William. "One of my sodalis wishes to discuss the matter of how you came to be here after they have dealt with the spirit, will you please speak with her, tell her what you have told me and answer her questions that she might have? It is important."

"I can't, I can't she owns me, I have to obey her and when the Prelate is done torturing me...every time she will hold me, and tell me it is alright and put ointment on the wounds."

He sighed; he didn't expect any other answer but he had to ask. "The Prelate is done torturing anyone, he will not be touching you again in this life, if that is any consolation.

Crexia stepped into the room and William whimpered fearfully.
"I am not going to harm you I am just going to see if you have spoken any lies the last few minutes."
The old Tytalus said as she quickly cast a Mentem spell then shook her head.
"No lies so either he have been telling the truth or he have been telling the trust as he believe it to be."

"I figured as much. You don't think his mind has been tampered with? For what he has been telling us..." He frowned.

"I do think that if any of the conditions are followed then the whole order can be seen as being followed, but I am not sure when it comes to the entire guard party being destroyed...It is hard to say for sure but we do know the Umbrood is not likely to want that portal to open, that will harm her child as well."

"That's true."

"Hum...that is what I suspect might be the case as long as some of the elements in the order do not fulfill, Young William here is kept alive and the Node is not damaged then she might not react to us taking down the portal, it is how I would interpret it, but it is hard to know for sure in this situation." The archmaga said and nodded. "The person who gave this order is not very good or used to speaking Enocian...it seams."

"The person who gave this order to the spirit was the person in that picture, wasn't it?" he asked, and gave Abigail's location, for confirmation with William. "If so, then it might be she thought she had it under her command, due to her hold over the child and did not see fit to use proper protocol measures...or she was in a hurry." He frowned....he wasn't sure what command Abigail had over Enochian.

"She had someone else do it for her...Lady Cotta the Labyrinth Keeper made the trap as far as I know, the Lady of the Labyrinth herself did not create the trap but she gave the Umbrood the order."

"If that's the case, the person who gave the order and the person who made the trap were not the same person. The order indicated to attack if under the condition prefaced by 'my trap', therefore, the abyss-trap is not hers and the use of possessive is inappropriate. It may have been her plan but it could be argued it's not her trap as she had nothing to do with the making of it. William, did she cast any other traps on the node that you know of?" he asked, just to be sure. "Perhaps my amicus will have some ideas as to how to get around the second condition, or if this makes sense to him."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:40 pm

Adley frowned. "You were from Boston?" Another tumble down the rabbit hole...given that he was a Hermetic he could speculate which chantry he was from, who the Quesitor in question was as well. "What is your...or was your Name? What chantry were you from, and when was the trial?"

"I was trained on Horizon but I lived in Boston at a Chantry there when my training was done and after my gauntlet."
Willie muttered.
"I was William Aron Carlson Hermes bani Verditius filius Helga Juliana Telvas of Chantry Lux Itineris."
The prisoner muttered he knew that line by heart.
"Or so was my shadow name, my craft name...the trial was in 2011."

"I'm not angry at you," he assured him. "Nor am I going to torture you," he reminded him. "Can you tell me who was talking about this deal? And when did this occur? How long have you been here?" He knew it was possible that the man could have false memories, could be lying. But if it were true...

Willie did not seam like he believed you that you would not hurt him and he was very tense.
"The deal was discussed by the woman who bought my contract Vittoria Sofia D'Angelo Hermes bani Guernicus and my Mistress the Security Chief of this Labyrinth...exactly sure when, time bleeds together a bit around that time I think it was a few months after my trial...I was taken here directly afterwards..."

"He is scared and thinks we will punish him, but I will see if he will agree," he said, then said to William. "One of my sodalis wishes to discuss the matter of how you came to be here after they have dealt with the spirit, will you please speak with her, tell her what you have told me and answer her questions that she might have? It is important."

William looked at you confused he was not used to be asked about his consent to anything he looked scared but he nodded.
"O...ok...is she going to hurt me?"
He asked softly.

He sighed; he didn't expect any other answer but he had to ask. "The Prelate is done torturing anyone, he will not be touching you again in this life, if that is any consolation.

"The Prelate is always there, with his hot irons, his whips and knives and all his needles...and worse what he do...he will always be back."
William said he sounded like he had no hope and did not believe that Gabriel could be gone.

"I figured as much. You don't think his mind has been tampered with? For what he has been telling us..." He frowned.

Crexia frowned and shook her head.
"No, I do not think his mind is tampered with, it is damaged from torture and he will be very easy to lead and manipulate but no his mind is not tampered with I do believe he is telling the truth."
The old Tytalus said and shook her head.
"He have not been treated kindly."

"The person who gave this order to the spirit was the person in that picture, wasn't it?" he asked, and gave Abigail's location, for confirmation with William.

William nodded at that.
"Yes it was, that is the Lady of the Labyrinth."
He confirmed.

"If so, then it might be she thought she had it under her command, due to her hold over the child and did not see fit to use proper protocol measures...or she was in a hurry." He frowned....he wasn't sure what command Abigail had over Enochian.

"All of those are potential explanations, it is hard to know for sure and all we really can do is speculate right now though."
Crexia said and frowned.
"The wording is sloppy though so her being in a hurry is a potential explanation."

"If that's the case, the person who gave the order and the person who made the trap were not the same person. The order indicated to attack if under the condition prefaced by 'my trap', therefore, the abyss-trap is not hers and the use of possessive is inappropriate. It may have been her plan but it could be argued it's not her trap as she had nothing to do with the making of it.

Crexia nodded.
"Hum...it is an easy enough mistake to make, Abigail considers everything in this Labyrinth to be hers, so even if she did not make the trap, it is in her mind hers but she did not make it...that could potentially give us the freedom to destroy that portal without the Umbrood acting...hum, and it might explain why she remain so passive even if she show no interest in talking to any of us either."
The old Tytalus said and nodded.
"You do have a good point there Sodalis..."

William, did she cast any other traps on the node that you know of?" he asked, just to be sure. "Perhaps my amicus will have some ideas as to how to get around the second condition, or if this makes sense to him."

William shook his head.
"No not that I know of but I am not privy to all of the Lady's activities, usually it is that Hagalaz woman who handle traps around here so I do not think so."
Crexia nodded.
"I can ask him or perhaps we should all reconvene and discuss out next action instead of being spread out like this, it is not the safest position to hold."
She said and frowned.
"You could discuss it with your Cabalmate yourself Sodalis."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:01 pm

"I was trained on Horizon but I lived in Boston at a Chantry there when my training was done and after my gauntlet." Willie muttered. "I was William Aron Carlson Hermes bani Verditius filius Helga Juliana Telvas of Chantry Lux Itineris." The prisoner muttered he knew that line by heart. "Or so was my shadow name, my craft name...the trial was in 2011."

Adley was not pleased at what he was hearing, it only added to his suspicions but he kept them close and filed away the information. William's use of the past tense made it feel as if he had indeed died when he became a slave, and he felt a pang of sympathy for him. He'd made a mistake, it was true but he was paying for it, until all this happened to him, none of which was under his control.

"The deal was discussed by the woman who bought my contract Vittoria Sofia D'Angelo Hermes bani Guernicus and my Mistress the Security Chief of this Labyrinth...exactly sure when, time bleeds together a bit around that time I think it was a few months after my trial...I was taken here directly afterwards..."

He didn't say anything at first as he heard the name but turned to look at his sodales with a tense expression. This was very bad indeed. Of course, who would believe a Nephandi pawn? Not likely, they did not expect him to ever come to the light of day again, assuming this is what actually occured. "I see," he said carefully to William.

"O...ok...is she going to hurt me?" He asked softly.

"She is going to ask you questions about what you just told me. She may use a spell to see if you are lying, or something of that nature," he explained.

"The Prelate is always there, with his hot irons, his whips and knives and all his needles...and worse what he do...he will always be back."

"Not in this lifetime," he repeated.

"...hum, and it might explain why she remain so passive even if she show no interest in talking to any of us either." The old Tytalus said and nodded. "You do have a good point there Sodalis..."

"I suppose then, as it does not seem we are not barred from speaking with her, is to see if it is within her conceptualization of her obligation."

"No not that I know of but I am not privy to all of the Lady's activities, usually it is that Hagalaz woman who handle traps around here so I do not think so."

"I don't suppose you would know where the Hagalaz is?"

"I can ask him or perhaps we should all reconvene and discuss out next action instead of being spread out like this, it is not the safest position to hold." She said and frowned. "You could discuss it with your Cabalmate yourself Sodalis."

"True I don't like it either, I don't want to take my eye off William here though for the moment. Perhaps if our sodalis is finished her first conversation with the spirit then, as we do need to make the best of our time," he agreed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:29 pm

Boston, November:
"Yeah more severely Resonated Tass will be more of an issue, after att there is more limits to what it can be used for and it might really fuck up the mage using it so I guess you are right that the rote you describe could help poorer Chantries out allot."
Kyle commented and nodded.
Colin smiled wryly, "Quite. The financial benefit to poorer Chantries, though, was not one I initially considered; it was pointed out to me later. The original single reason why I decided to publish for a pittance was that it's too valuable for those of the Traditions who have to deal with Node cleansing, disposal of confiscated corrupt Tass, and so on. Some thought me insane for giving up such a veritable goldmine of a Rote, others recognized my rather cunning way of making it pay off in academic and philanthropic recognition instead. I think there will, in time, be quite a few of even highly senior Hermetics who grudgingly acknowledge that Orphans can indeed come up with something they themselves had not..."

"My Mentor is brave, there is no doubt about that, and he is powerful to...very powerful but would you really have done it Mr Wainwright if he had entered into a Jhor Quiet? Would you have shot him?"
Kyle said his eyes big.
"Could you really have done it?"
He nodded, simply, "Without hesitation. Could I have killed him? That part, I'm not so sure about. As you say, he's remarkably powerful, but on his orders, if he became such a threat, I would have tried my damned best to save us all from him..."

"What happened to her afterwards Mentor, did you kill her?"
Anna asked.
"Did one of the Nephandi force her to try to betray you?"
He frowned, "No, I did not kill her... She was arrested and her injured hand tended to - I'm afraid I made rather a mess of her main hand - and her Mentor, who was held hostage by the Fallen was eventually rescued... Her subsequent trial... Well, that's not something I should like to discuss right now. She may have acted under duress, but still..."

The young Nephanda nodded eagerly.
"I can do that Mentor...I can start tonight."
She agreed happily and smiled.
He smiled, "Excellent. I'm sure it will be an invaluable teaching tool, for us both."

"Well the old Hermetic ones are really rather intuitive, take Perdo for example one curl the hand as if one is holding something one is trying to crush so it is logical it is a sign for destruction, Creo have a open palm with the hand tilted a bit backwards so it look like you are supporting a sphere in your hard, something you have created, Muto make your hand look like you are controlling a marionette I mean it is all rather logical."
The boy said and he demonstrated each sigil he spoke about.
"The hand gestures my father taught me are derived from that but they are a bit more man made if you will and less organic...I do not know how to explain it."
Kyle said and scratched his head.
He nodded, "I think I understand... Sort of like how a naturally evolved language like English feels more natural and instinctive compared to a constructed language like, say, Quenya or Klingon."

"Yeah and that is good but if I am a Traditionalist now and I meet Tian again, I will have to try to hurt him and I do not think I can do that."
Anna said sadly then she looked at you and nodded.
"You said your Avatar are a bit of her, when they...ended her...do you have any of her memories and emotions?"
She asked softly.
He shrugged slightly, "If we can successfully restore a Fallen Avatar from its inverted state at that time, and he surrenders in hope of attaining that goal for himself... well, I can only hope for the best."
He nodded, "Fragments... I remember how much she and Warden loved one another... little bits like that. I worry that I'll one day meet Warden's reincarnation and recognize her; that's liable to be an... awkward situation."

Chicago, Now:
"I know...you are right, I just wish I can do something to offer her a bit of comfort you know."
Rosario and and sigh as she glanced at the tortured woman sadly.
"I wonder who she is."
He shrugged, "Hard to say... I fear the best we can do is to take her fingerprints and have someone search for those... that's got risks of its own, though. At a guess, she's one of the thousands of missing persons annually in the United States. I doubt the Fallen find it too difficult to find a Sleeper to torture to a slow death..."

"I see, the only thing we can really do then is to make her death as quick and painless as possible."
Crexia said sadly.
"Damned Nephandi...Abigail will pay at least we can do that for the girl, the one who ordered her torment will pay, and we will take that woman alive, she will face judgment at Horizon."
He nodded, "A flash primal burn of the Node chamber should be sufficiently instantaneous - I can do that, easily enough with the Node's own power turned inward on itself - and I'd wager Abigail will feel that."

"Yes...you have I got to make almost a whole tablecloth while keeping that time bubble going."
Crexia said sounding amused.
"But yes stall for now but be ready to act when we know more.
He smiled wryly, "Well, then, we should use that tablecloth for tea at some point."

You could see the spirit now and again, she had folded her arms over her chest and she looked defiant and skeptical as Udella was trying to negotiate with her, noticing you looking at you the spirit glanced in your direction with her glass shard eyes and the you who remembered two months taking care of Anna got the sudden thought that the little girl would have like this spirit for her eyes if she had seen her and you made a note to tell her when next you visited her only to remember that right now the girl barely knew you and she was chained and scared laying in a infirmary bed at Morningstar.
He rubbed briefly at his eyes, frowning and muttering softly, "I see more people... have the scales fallen from my eyes, like those of Saul?"

He shook his head and glanced back toward the corner, "Any progress over there?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:47 am

Chicago Now:

He didn't say anything at first as he heard the name but turned to look at his sodales with a tense expression. This was very bad indeed. Of course, who would believe a Nephandi pawn? Not likely, they did not expect him to ever come to the light of day again, assuming this is what actually occured. "I see," he said carefully to William.

Crexia's eyes widened a bit.
"We need to keep him alive as witness Sodalis but careful, many would want him dead rather than hear this story."
She whispered to you. William just looked at you for a moment then he looked away again.

"She is going to ask you questions about what you just told me. She may use a spell to see if you are lying, or something of that nature," he explained.

The pawn started looking nervous then Crexia said softly.
"It will not hurt child, it is a spell that will cause air around your mouth to look like you are out in the middle of winter if you lie, it is nothing to be afraid of."
William looked at her and nodded but he said nothing.

"Not in this lifetime," he repeated.

The pawn clearly did not believe you but he thought it best not to argue the matter and said nothing again.

"I suppose then, as it does not seem we are not barred from speaking with her, is to see if it is within her conceptualization of her obligation."

"Yes indeed, she ins a frustrating spirit, that is for sure, I doubt she is under orders not to speak to us, she just refuse to do so anyway, we are going to have to see."

"I don't suppose you would know where the Hagalaz is?"

"I know where her room is, but most likely she is out defending the Labyrinth with the others."

"True I don't like it either, I don't want to take my eye off William here though for the moment. Perhaps if our sodalis is finished her first conversation with the spirit then, as we do need to make the best of our time," he agreed.

"Hum...no good call, I will go and speak with the honored Quesitor and see if she is ready to speak with him."
Crexia said and nodded she inclined her head to you and went to do just that, coming back with Udella a few moments later, the old Quesitor approached William carefully and stopped when he started looking afraid.
"Hello..."
She said softly.
"I am not here to hurt you, I only want to hear your story while my Sodales here see if they can stop that trap, is that ok?"
she asked before she looked at Crexia and shook her head.
"That stubborn Umbrood just want nothing to do with me."
She said sounding a bit frustrated.

He shrugged, "Hard to say... I fear the best we can do is to take her fingerprints and have someone search for those... that's got risks of its own, though. At a guess, she's one of the thousands of missing persons annually in the United States. I doubt the Fallen find it too difficult to find a Sleeper to torture to a slow death..."

"I guess you are right, and that is just to sad, I hate what the Fallen is doing here I hate all of it, I hate that people vanish and no one care, I hate it all, but perhaps if we could figure out her name we could see if she have family, then again perhaps it would be kinder not to let them know how her end was."
Rosario said and sigh.

He nodded, "A flash primal burn of the Node chamber should be sufficiently instantaneous - I can do that, easily enough with the Node's own power turned inward on itself - and I'd wager Abigail will feel that."

"That would be...quick, she would have no time to feel fear or pain."
The Cultist said and looked at the poor woman on the rack.
"Good let Abigail feel it."
She muttered angrily.

He smiled wryly, "Well, then, we should use that tablecloth for tea at some point."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Yes we should indeed."

He rubbed briefly at his eyes, frowning and muttering softly, "I see more people... have the scales fallen from my eyes, like those of Saul?"

"Are you alright?"
Rosario asked you softly.

He shook his head and glanced back toward the corner, "Any progress over there?"

Udella glanced at you from where you could see her on the corner.
"This most noble lady are quite stubborn and have no interest in talking with me so we can get more clarity in what actions we can take."
The Quesitor said in a frustrated tone of voice.

Boston November:

Colin smiled wryly, "Quite. The financial benefit to poorer Chantries, though, was not one I initially considered; it was pointed out to me later. The original single reason why I decided to publish for a pittance was that it's too valuable for those of the Traditions who have to deal with Node cleansing, disposal of confiscated corrupt Tass, and so on. Some thought me insane for giving up such a veritable goldmine of a Rote, others recognized my rather cunning way of making it pay off in academic and philanthropic recognition instead. I think there will, in time, be quite a few of even highly senior Hermetics who grudgingly acknowledge that Orphans can indeed come up with something they themselves had not..."

Anna listened to what you where saying and nodded.
"That is kind of of Mentor."
She said then she added.
"And wise I do think many will be forced to give you some recognition for that one, and it is a very useful rote."
She said proudly and patted your hand.

He nodded, simply, "Without hesitation. Could I have killed him? That part, I'm not so sure about. As you say, he's remarkably powerful, but on his orders, if he became such a threat, I would have tried my damned best to save us all from him..."

Kyle seamed like he went through several different emotions at once before he looked down and said.
"It could not have been an easy situation to be in Mr Wainwright, and my Mentor driven to insane destruction would be...terrifying."
He agreed.
"He often tell me that the more powerful one get the more we have a responsibility to do what we can to avoid Quiet to not become and I quote, everybody's problem."
He said then he sigh.
"But it could not have been easy to stand there knowing you might have to try to kill him."

He frowned, "No, I did not kill her... She was arrested and her injured hand tended to - I'm afraid I made rather a mess of her main hand - and her Mentor, who was held hostage by the Fallen was eventually rescued... Her subsequent trial... Well, that's not something I should like to discuss right now. She may have acted under duress, but still..."

Anna looked at you and looked down.
"Poor girl."
She muttered and looked down at her hands.
"I do not think I would like my hands injured, we had a slave at the Labyrinth, a pawn, when he came in his hands where broken, my Mentor said it was not unusual in old times for Hermetics to do that to one another to prevent a prisoner from using magick, that sounds bad."
She muttered and Kyle nodded.
"I have read something like that in the history books of the Order...wait slave?"
Anna nodded as if it was the most natural thing in the world.
"Yes a hedge wizard he belonged to one of Lady Abigail's apprentices, she used to have my Mentor torture him."
Her eyes turned dark for a moment.
"I saw him tortured several times..."

He smiled, "Excellent. I'm sure it will be an invaluable teaching tool, for us both."

Anna smiled and nodded she looked quite happy about the task she had been given.

He nodded, "I think I understand... Sort of like how a naturally evolved language like English feels more natural and instinctive compared to a constructed language like, say, Quenya or Klingon."

"Yes exactly so Sir."
Kyle said and nodded. Anna tried to copy his hand gestures and he gently corrected the placement of her fingers a few times.

He shrugged slightly, "If we can successfully restore a Fallen Avatar from its inverted state at that time, and he surrenders in hope of attaining that goal for himself... well, I can only hope for the best."

"Yeah that would be good, I do not think Tian likes being a Nephandus much, but he came to the Labyrinth very young, like me so we sort of understand one another. More likely though Mentor if I ever see him again we will have to fight, and I would not like that..."

He nodded, "Fragments... I remember how much she and Warden loved one another... little bits like that. I worry that I'll one day meet Warden's reincarnation and recognize her; that's liable to be an... awkward situation."

"Then Cotta is not completely gone."
Anna said and smiled a little.
"I think that might make her happy to know, well if someone who have been...through that...get an afterlife."
The little girl said and looked down. Kyle sigh.
"I think they do Mini Jace, I have been reading a bit about ghosts since Danielle is one."
He said and stopped to smile longingly when mentioning the Risen girl.
"Anyway I think there are several parts to the soul and the Avatar is just one part, there is a story of a mage who met the ghost of his Avatar's former incarnation so yeah I think this Cotta have an afterlife."
He said and Anna nodded.
"I hope so."
She agreed then she nodded.
"Yeah Miss Warden and Cotta loved one another they used to fuck all the time."
Anna declared and Kyle cringed.
"You know it sound really...out of place when a sweet little girl say things like that you know."
He said and Anna gave him a confused look.
"Why? It is the truth, I saw them in the hallways many times."
She explained then she turned to you.
"It probably world be awkward yes since Miss Warden's reincarnation is going to be a widderslainte and Traditionalists do not like widderslaintes."
She said then looked at Kyle.
"Sorry..."
The young Hermetic shrugged.
"Oh I know they don't like us, I know."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:01 am

Boston, November:
Kyle seamed like he went through several different emotions at once before he looked down and said.
"It could not have been an easy situation to be in Mr Wainwright, and my Mentor driven to insane destruction would be...terrifying."
He agreed.
"He often tell me that the more powerful one get the more we have a responsibility to do what we can to avoid Quiet to not become and I quote, everybody's problem."
He said then he sigh.
"But it could not have been easy to stand there knowing you might have to try to kill him."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "No, that part was not easy... but it helped that his order was unambiguous and with clear consequences of failure. Killing someone is never easy; it might be easier in the heat of battle, but even then, you're stuck living with it afterwards... Knowing that it's kill or be killed - that not killing the person before you will put countless others at risk, that's a sobering thought, though."

Anna looked at you and looked down.
"Poor girl."
She muttered and looked down at her hands.
"I do not think I would like my hands injured, we had a slave at the Labyrinth, a pawn, when he came in his hands where broken, my Mentor said it was not unusual in old times for Hermetics to do that to one another to prevent a prisoner from using magick, that sounds bad."
She muttered and Kyle nodded.
"I have read something like that in the history books of the Order...wait slave?"
Anna nodded as if it was the most natural thing in the world.
"Yes a hedge wizard he belonged to one of Lady Abigail's apprentices, she used to have my Mentor torture him."
Her eyes turned dark for a moment.
"I saw him tortured several times..."
He frowned, "Slave? Not Gabriel's, but... whose?"

"Yeah that would be good, I do not think Tian likes being a Nephandus much, but he came to the Labyrinth very young, like me so we sort of understand one another. More likely though Mentor if I ever see him again we will have to fight, and I would not like that..."
He nodded, "He's a good kid... I suspect he's lurking around Chicago still, keeping half an eye on his adorable daughter, though... He can't show his face, of course, but I think he's still keeping a vigil over his little girl and her mother."

"Then Cotta is not completely gone."
Anna said and smiled a little.
"I think that might make her happy to know, well if someone who have been...through that...get an afterlife."
The little girl said and looked down. Kyle sigh.
"I think they do Mini Jace, I have been reading a bit about ghosts since Danielle is one."
He said and stopped to smile longingly when mentioning the Risen girl.
"Anyway I think there are several parts to the soul and the Avatar is just one part, there is a story of a mage who met the ghost of his Avatar's former incarnation so yeah I think this Cotta have an afterlife."
He said and Anna nodded.
"I hope so."
She agreed then she nodded.
"Yeah Miss Warden and Cotta loved one another they used to fuck all the time."
Anna declared and Kyle cringed.
"You know it sound really...out of place when a sweet little girl say things like that you know."
He said and Anna gave him a confused look.
"Why? It is the truth, I saw them in the hallways many times."
She explained then she turned to you.
"It probably world be awkward yes since Miss Warden's reincarnation is going to be a widderslainte and Traditionalists do not like widderslaintes."
She said then looked at Kyle.
"Sorry..."
The young Hermetic shrugged.
"Oh I know they don't like us, I know."
He sighed, "And that, sweetie, is another reminder to have a long talk about propriety... There are simply certain things it is considered improper to discuss in public - such as a loving couple's, ah, marital practices. While I'm sure the two enjoyed their, hm, public displays of affection, it's not something one should speak loudly of. It's generally considered impolite."

Chicago, Now:
"I guess you are right, and that is just to sad, I hate what the Fallen is doing here I hate all of it, I hate that people vanish and no one care, I hate it all, but perhaps if we could figure out her name we could see if she have family, then again perhaps it would be kinder not to let them know how her end was."
Rosario said and sigh.
He nodded, "It would probably not help her family to know how she died... but giving them closure would be good."

"That would be...quick, she would have no time to feel fear or pain."
The Cultist said and looked at the poor woman on the rack.
"Good let Abigail feel it."
She muttered angrily.
He smiled darkly, "Abigail will come to feel many things today, I think - fear chief among them."

"Are you alright?"
Rosario asked you softly.
He nodded, "I think so... mostly. Have you ever blinked and realized you could see something you couldn't previously? I've just started seeing spirits, it seems - I've never had any insight into the subject before, but it seems something has... triggered it; opened my eyes a little more. Perhaps it was the intimate encounter with my new friend, perhaps... something else was the determining factor, but I keep seeing a beautiful lady with bottleshard eyes and rubbish hair flickering in and out of sight, right over there," he nodded toward where the spirit was standing.
"I'm... not sure if I can control this sight, either; I mean, I've got Foci and spells to let me observe details of materials or energy flows that are usually invisible to the naked eye, I can make myself see distortions in time and space, or evaluate someone's luck... but those are all things I have to make an effort to see. How in the world can one unsee people, human or not?"

Udella glanced at you from where you could see her on the corner.
"This most noble lady are quite stubborn and have no interest in talking with me so we can get more clarity in what actions we can take."
The Quesitor said in a frustrated tone of voice.
He frowned, "So, do we try to disable the portal, or do we try some more surreptitious approach?"
He glanced over toward the spirit again, muttering softly, "Begging your pardon, milady."

((OOC: So yeah, if you don't mind, Colin's definitely going to have problems unseeing spirits, I think. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:54 am

Boston November:

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "No, that part was not easy... but it helped that his order was unambiguous and with clear consequences of failure. Killing someone is never easy; it might be easier in the heat of battle, but even then, you're stuck living with it afterwards... Knowing that it's kill or be killed - that not killing the person before you will put countless others at risk, that's a sobering thought, though."

"Yeah I guess if it is something you have to do or die yourself or someone else is going to die, then you sort of have to, but I hope I never have to kill anyone, though since I am being trained to be a war mage, chances are one day I will."
Kyle muttered and looked down at his hands.
"And that kind of sucks."

He frowned, "Slave? Not Gabriel's, but... whose?"

"Our Security Chief, she is the one who owned him, I do not know where she got him though but I am pretty sure he used to be a Hermetic artificer."
Anna explained.

He nodded, "He's a good kid... I suspect he's lurking around Chicago still, keeping half an eye on his adorable daughter, though... He can't show his face, of course, but I think he's still keeping a vigil over his little girl and her mother."

"The little girl I was sent to capture when you shot me Mentor."
Anna said and played with her sock again.
"I am sorry about that, I would not have liked to take a kid captive but I was told we needed her to keep Tian in line...is she ok you think? The little girl?"

He sighed, "And that, sweetie, is another reminder to have a long talk about propriety... There are simply certain things it is considered improper to discuss in public - such as a loving couple's, ah, marital practices. While I'm sure the two enjoyed their, hm, public displays of affection, it's not something one should speak loudly of. It's generally considered impolite."

"But why Mentor it is a completely natural activity and why do it ick people more out to hear about Cotta and Miss Warden enjoying themselves and the walls in the hallways than hearing about pawns flogged to death, also in the hallways, why is violence easier to hear about than sex?"
The young Nephanda asked sounding very confused.
"Now I still think sex sounds icky, but when I grow up and find someone I like what would be wrong with anyone seeing it or hearing about it?"
The young mage seamed completely confused about your reaction. Kyle looked like he wanted to be anywhere else or preferably vanish into a hole in the floor.
"Because not all of us have grown up in a Labyrinth..."
He muttered.

Chicago Now:

He nodded, "It would probably not help her family to know how she died... but giving them closure would be good."

"We could take a strand of her hair and ask someone good at dowsing to find her family."
Rosario suggested.
"And I agree that probably her family would appreciate the closure, the question is what to tell them."

He smiled darkly, "Abigail will come to feel many things today, I think - fear chief among them."

Rosario nodded steel in her pretty, brown eyes.
"Yeah she will feel fear alright."
She muttered.

He nodded, "I think so... mostly. Have you ever blinked and realized you could see something you couldn't previously? I've just started seeing spirits, it seems - I've never had any insight into the subject before, but it seems something has... triggered it; opened my eyes a little more. Perhaps it was the intimate encounter with my new friend, perhaps... something else was the determining factor, but I keep seeing a beautiful lady with bottleshard eyes and rubbish hair flickering in and out of sight, right over there," he nodded toward where the spirit was standing.

"Well it is good to learn to do new things. I can not see spirits myself, but it is a very useful skill."
Rosario said and turned to where you where indicating.
"Perhaps it is the spirit they are trying to contact to figure out what to do next...bottle shard eyes? My my, that sounds like quite a sight Sir."

"I'm... not sure if I can control this sight, either; I mean, I've got Foci and spells to let me observe details of materials or energy flows that are usually invisible to the naked eye, I can make myself see distortions in time and space, or evaluate someone's luck... but those are all things I have to make an effort to see. How in the world can one unsee people, human or not?"

"I am sure you will figure out how to control it in time Sir but I can see how it can be confusing, I guess you will need more training and study to control your new gift."
Rosario said and nodded.
"Perhaps the process of creating foci...for your foci is hand made are they not...since you are a craftsman I mean, I am sorry for making assumptions though. In either case perhaps the process of making or getting used to a focus for seeing spirits will help you learn control?"
The Cultist said and glanced at you and then back into the corner where she saw nothing again.
"Hum..."

He frowned, "So, do we try to disable the portal, or do we try some more surreptitious approach?"
He glanced over toward the spirit again, muttering softly, "Begging your pardon, milady."

"We will be regrouping out here to discuss just that young man."
Crexia said.
"For frankly I am not completely sure what the best course of action would be."
She added.

The spirit suddenly turned at looked at you cocking her head to the side.
"Yes..."
She said her voice founded like kicking a empty can across the pavement. You see Crexia over there look rather surprised though she hid it a second later.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next