Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 30 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:25 am

"It's understandable, this is a horrible place and the harm that the Nephandi are causing is terrible but it will only not continue to be that way if we do something about it. For all that is terrible, at least we can spare others. We can make it through this place, together." He stood with her, holding her hand if she let him, keeping an ear on the conversation between Colin and the spirit, and looking out for danger until she was called to act.

Rosario let you hold her hand it was warm, and strong, as an archer and hobby violinist her fingers where well trained but now her hand shook she did nod to what you where saying though.
"We have to stop this Abigail so this do not happen again, stop her and burn her Labyrinth."
The Cultist said sadly.
"We have to stop her...stop this..."

"Do you think that the Mistress is likely to know that the trap was unmade?" he asked. Then he waited for her to see if anything could be done for the woman, even if the answer seemed apparent.

"I would think it is rather likely she knows yes."
Crexia said and frowned as she examined the tortured woman.

Adley looked at Crexia and said, "We can save one other and also all those that are counting on us...at least this woman will no longer suffer, and no one else will either to feed this fetid node." He shook his head.

"You are right Sodalis no one else will suffer to feed this Node."
Crexia said as she cast another spell on the suffering woman to put her to sleep, Colin's idea to burn the Node out was the quickest way to end her suffering but she did not need to be awake for that. Rosario tried to keep herself from sobbing but she to nodded.
"At least this thing will be gone, but I do wish there had been some way to save that poor girl."
She muttered.

"We also need to consider what to do with our captive. I don't know if we can bring him with us through this place."

"It will create difficulties but what he knows I would not want to just kill him either, his testimony is to important."
Crexia said and frowned deeply.
"But yes dragging a prisoner with us is not ideal."

He looked to Rosario and said, "Let's go see how the others fare..." He wasn't sure if the Cultist could handle watching another person die, even if it was a small mercy for them. And her friends would be able to give her more comfort than he, knowing her all the better.

The Cultist gave the tortured woman one last, regretful look then she nodded.
"Yes let us see how the others are doing."
She repeated and let you lead her out of the Node. You saw Cara stand together with Nancy with Leon keeping a lookout over them. Crexia's co located self and Udella was still in the Nephandi Security Chief's room with Willie. Care came over when she saw how upset Rosario was and she put her arms around the other woman a bit gingerly, she was not that used to being touched.
"It will be okey Rossy..."
She muttered. Nancy gave you a look, the Hollower was uneasy but she said nothing.

Colin nodded, "I'm sorry - the spirit of the can, as not a being of flesh, may know; I don't know for certain, but it seems it may be so. But the incarnate creator of the can, as a human, cannot know for certain before the can is in the created state in the sequence of things. It remains a limitation of living flesh, it seems."

"That is most impractical."
The Umbrood said but at least she seamed to understand what you where saying now.

He nodded, "Such is the function of incarnate humans - the price we pay, I suppose, for not being limited to be what we are. We are imperfect, but can improve ourselves in sequence, while your kind is perfect in the eternal now."

"Hum...that is understandable at least Craftsman. Perhaps that is the goal of those which I cannot touch, to become imperfect to experience sequence, a most peculiar existence I would say."
She commented and nodded.

He sniffed the air tentatively, and glanced around as if to check that the place looked like it still existed around him, "I think so."

You and the foul structures around did indeed appear to be still in existence. Rosario gave you a bit of a nervous look.

He frowned, "I'd not be surprised if she does... but then again, the spell was not hers, unlike her personal room's wards that the spirit is triggering, so she might not have sensed it... Cotta, however, would have sensed it if she were still alive, I'm sure."

"Well Cotta is beyond dead, as for Abigail it is hard to know how much control she have over her Labyrinth...she will notice her personal wards being triggered though, and I bet she will not be pleased about that, not pleased at all."
Crexia said with a grim smile.

He nodded sadly to Crexia, then glanced at Adley and Rosario, "There's also the spirit's child... I committed us to come to its rescue after we've dealt with the Node and miss Carlyle; also, we must contact the EPA about the illegal dumping at the spirit's recycling facility. That's..."
He slapped his forehead, "Bugger, I forgot to ask where it is located! We'll have to find out... Hum, perhaps the prisoner knows?"

"We will do what we can for the Umbrood's child and rescue it if we are at all able."
Crexia promised.
"We can ask the prisoner if he knows where this recycling plant is located and if he do not know I guess we have to try to scry for it in some way or contact the Umbrood to ask once we are done here."

He stepped inside the Node chamber and gave Crexia a small nod, drawing Jodelle's dagger and neatly cutting a lock of the poor victim's hair, wrapping it in his handkerchief for later, then gave the rack a careful look for a suitable piece that could be extracted - like a bolt or similar piece that wouldn't risk having a sharp point in his pocket

The woman did not react as you took a lock of her dirty, blood stained hair. You found a slightly loose bolt on the rack that you could pry loose with some effort, it should not be to sharp to transport, touching the Node though felt disgusting and you felt Mia's unease and disgust at getting close to it though she did not protest.

while he drew his pistol, gesturing for Adley to lead Rosario away from where she could see the door.
Then he looked up at Crexia, "Will you offer the last mercy, or shall I?"

Crexia waited until he had gotten Rosario out of the room and away from where she could see then she said sadly.
"I will do it, this task have fallen on you to often during this mission."
She said and held her hand out for the gun, which looked to big for her small hand, though the old Hermetic hardly needed a firearm to kill but she probably would not want to work magick in this Node more than she absolutely have to.
"I assume it is used pretty much the same a s a revolver? It is a long time since I have held a firearm."
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 30 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Adley Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:49 am

"We have to stop this Abigail so this do not happen again, stop her and burn her Labyrinth." The Cultist said sadly. "We have to stop her...stop this..."

"And we are, and we will."

"I would think it is rather likely she knows yes."Crexia said and frowned as she examined the tortured woman.
He frowned, "I'd not be surprised if she does... but then again, the spell was not hers, unlike her personal room's wards that the spirit is triggering, so she might not have sensed it... Cotta, however, would have sensed it if she were still alive, I'm sure."
"Well Cotta is beyond dead, as for Abigail it is hard to know how much control she have over her Labyrinth...she will notice her personal wards being triggered though, and I bet she will not be pleased about that, not pleased at all."

"Well, currently only one of those people are a problem."

He nodded sadly to Crexia, then glanced at Adley and Rosario, "There's also the spirit's child... I committed us to come to its rescue after we've dealt with the Node and miss Carlyle; also, we must contact the EPA about the illegal dumping at the spirit's recycling facility. That's..." He slapped his forehead, "Bugger, I forgot to ask where it is located! We'll have to find out... Hum, perhaps the prisoner knows?"
"We will do what we can for the Umbrood's child and rescue it if we are at all able."
Crexia promised."We can ask the prisoner if he knows where this recycling plant is located and if he do not know I guess we have to try to scry for it in some way or contact the Umbrood to ask once we are done here."

"Of course, which is why I thought it prudent to ask what to do about him while you two are dealing with the node, amicus," he said with a nod. "I can try to ask him about the plant."

"It will create difficulties but what he knows I would not want to just kill him either, his testimony is to important." Crexia said and frowned deeply. "But yes dragging a prisoner with us is not ideal."

"Please let me know what is the best thing to do with him; considering my amicus' contract with the spirit and the man's bracelet and his current state, there are pros and cons to all of it but you are hearing the story again," he said, since she was also with Udella. "And he too is a victim in this."

He stepped inside the Node chamber and gave Crexia a small nod... gesturing for Adley to lead Rosario away from where she could see the door.
The Cultist gave the tortured woman one last, regretful look then she nodded."Yes let us see how the others are doing." She repeated and let you lead her out of the Node. You saw Cara stand together with Nancy with Leon keeping a lookout over them. Crexia's co located self and Udella was still in the Nephandi Security Chief's room with Willie. Care came over when she saw how upset Rosario was and she put her arms around the other woman a bit gingerly, she was not that used to being touched. "It will be okey Rossy..."She muttered. Nancy gave you a look, the Hollower was uneasy but she said nothing.

He nodded to Colin as he gestured at him, sparing him a concerned glance about what he had to deal with now. Then he went with Rosario as she finally broke away from the grim scene and into the hands of Cara. He gave the other woman a grateful glance before catching Nancy's look. He was not sure what her expression held but she seemed anxious to him. He made his way towards Crexia and Udella to see their progress with William, alert for any signs of change now that the trap had been dispersed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:57 am

"Hum...that is understandable at least Craftsman. Perhaps that is the goal of those which I cannot touch, to become imperfect to experience sequence, a most peculiar existence I would say."
She commented and nodded.
Colin nodded, "That is what most of us believe to be correct."

Crexia said with a grim smile.
He grinned, "Well, Abigail specified her trap. Hardly the noble spirit's fault that I could so strongly dispute the claim to the portal."
He turned a little more serious, lowering his voice, "I just hope I don't make the accidental discovery of other, more inconvenient inheritances. At least, not before I can figure out how to let my Avatar revert the fragments we've collected."

Crexia promised.
"We can ask the prisoner if he knows where this recycling plant is located and if he do not know I guess we have to try to scry for it in some way or contact the Umbrood to ask once we are done here."
He nodded, "If all else fails, she has the monocle I gave her. Scrying for that might point us in the right direction; I still have the rest of the set, after all, an the link between them should be strong."

The woman did not react as you took a lock of her dirty, blood stained hair. You found a slightly loose bolt on the rack that you could pry loose with some effort, it should not be to sharp to transport, touching the Node though felt disgusting and you felt Mia's unease and disgust at getting close to it though she did not protest.
He pulled down his jacket sleeve a little, and used it to grip the bolt to pull it out, then dropped it into an otherwise empty pocket - no need to get more skin contact than absolutely necessary.

Crexia waited until he had gotten Rosario out of the room and away from where she could see then she said sadly.
"I will do it, this task have fallen on you to often during this mission."
She said and held her hand out for the gun, which looked to big for her small hand, though the old Hermetic hardly needed a firearm to kill but she probably would not want to work magick in this Node more than she absolutely have to.
"I assume it is used pretty much the same a s a revolver? It is a long time since I have held a firearm."
She asked.
He nodded and handed the pistol over, careful to point it away from them both, "Essentially, yes. Like a double-action revolver; just aim it where you want to hit, and squeeze the trigger. I've already flicked off the safety."
Then he looked around the Node chamber, and made a mental note of the approximate volume of the room, to start working out the burning to take place.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:21 am

"And we are, and we will."

Rosario gave you a determined look through her tears and nodded.

"Well, currently only one of those people are a problem."

"This is very true, and she will not remain a problem when we are done."
Crexia said darkly.
"There is a chance she will send someone to try to deal with us though and that do worry me."

"Of course, which is why I thought it prudent to ask what to do about him while you two are dealing with the node, amicus," he said with a nod. "I can try to ask him about the plant."

"Ask the prisoner what he knows, and see if he knows anything else that can be useful about the Labyrinth defenses while you are at it please."
Crexia ordered.

"Please let me know what is the best thing to do with him; considering my amicus' contract with the spirit and the man's bracelet and his current state, there are pros and cons to all of it but you are hearing the story again," he said, since she was also with Udella. "And he too is a victim in this."

"The bracelet can probably be removed but his state do concern me he have been tortured into submission and are loyal to his mistress and that is a problem and we would be moving slower with a prisoner, I guess we could drug him and leave him here unconscious until we have a chance to come back for him, beyond what testimony he can give I do not want to have to kill the man."
Crexia said and Rosario spoke up.
"I have some morphine that I took from the infirmary and that will knock him out but I am not really sure what dose will leave him awake, which will knock him out and which will kill him so ehm...it will not be safe."
She said hesitantly.

He nodded to Colin as he gestured at him, sparing him a concerned glance about what he had to deal with now. Then he went with Rosario as she finally broke away from the grim scene and into the hands of Cara. He gave the other woman a grateful glance before catching Nancy's look. He was not sure what her expression held but she seemed anxious to him.

Cara gave you a look that said she got this as she gently comforted her Cabalmate. Nancy looked worried and anxious but she said nothing so it was hard to know what the mad Hollower where thinking about.

He made his way towards Crexia and Udella to see their progress with William, alert for any signs of change now that the trap had been dispersed.

Udella was giving William a bit of water from her bottle as you came over and Crexia glanced over at you.
"He have told her his story, sad as it is...poor man."
She muttered to you then she frowned, the unfortunate former Verditius was now a bit of a problem.

Colin nodded, "That is what most of us believe to be correct."

"I do not have the ability to want to learn, but I can see why there would be something attractive about it for those that I can't touch."
The Umbrood said and nodded.

He grinned, "Well, Abigail specified her trap. Hardly the noble spirit's fault that I could so strongly dispute the claim to the portal."

"You seam to be able to talk a stone into giving you water young man, however yes it was fortunate that you could convince the Umbrood the trap on the Node is yours...how you got that claim do concern me though."
Crexia said and nodded.

He turned a little more serious, lowering his voice, "I just hope I don't make the accidental discovery of other, more inconvenient inheritances. At least, not before I can figure out how to let my Avatar revert the fragments we've collected."

"That do concern me as well, and I do not know enough about your ehm...condition to give you any advice young man. If I where you I would seek the council of a certain Virtual Adept Master who are more knowledgeable about such matters, let us hope we do not get to many surprises though."
Crexia said and she frowned again she had been doing that allot lately.

He nodded, "If all else fails, she has the monocle I gave her. Scrying for that might point us in the right direction; I still have the rest of the set, after all, an the link between them should be strong."

The old Tytalus just nodded in affirmation to that.

He nodded and handed the pistol over, careful to point it away from them both, "Essentially, yes. Like a double-action revolver; just aim it where you want to hit, and squeeze the trigger. I've already flicked off the safety."

Crexia nodded she took the weapon and looked it over briefly being sure to point it down then she sigh and gently turned the poor woman's head to the side and whispered a short prayer over her, the the old Roman Gods you hear, before placing the weapon against the base of the woman's skull and pulled the trigger twice, the poor woman's body did not even spasm as she died, her mind had completely given up. The old Tytalus's face was unreadable but her eyes where sad, angry and sad as she handed the weapon back to you.
"At least now...she can rest..."
She said softly.

Then he looked around the Node chamber, and made a mental note of the approximate volume of the room, to start working out the burning to take place.

The room was not very big, about as big as your living room back at Steelhaven, igniting the stored up rotten Quintessence should take it out and burn everything in it to ash.

(OOC: I do not have the time to make the write up of this thread done today so we might go to page 31 on this thread. I will try to get that done tomorrow.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:57 pm

"You seam to be able to talk a stone into giving you water young man, however yes it was fortunate that you could convince the Umbrood the trap on the Node is yours...how you got that claim do concern me though."
Crexia said and nodded.
Colin nodded, smiling thinly, "I seem to have a diplomatic knack... Perhaps it relates to my distaste for war; perhaps it something subtler, but it seems to work."

"That do concern me as well, and I do not know enough about your ehm...condition to give you any advice young man. If I where you I would seek the council of a certain Virtual Adept Master who are more knowledgeable about such matters, let us hope we do not get to many surprises though."
Crexia said and she frowned again she had been doing that allot lately.
He nodded again, then grinned, "Ah, yes, I've already consulted her on this matter, as well as conferred with her on several other matters more or less related. She's presently visiting, as it happens, and it just might seem she has found a reason to extend her visit as well..."

Crexia nodded she took the weapon and looked it over briefly being sure to point it down then she sigh and gently turned the poor woman's head to the side and whispered a short prayer over her, the the old Roman Gods you hear, before placing the weapon against the base of the woman's skull and pulled the trigger twice, the poor woman's body did not even spasm as she died, her mind had completely given up. The old Tytalus's face was unreadable but her eyes where sad, angry and sad as she handed the weapon back to you.
"At least now...she can rest..."
She said softly.
He nodded and took the gun back, "Requiescat in pace... Now, let's step outside so I can work my magic and turn the Node in on itself. If Abigail hasn't noticed yet, then that at least should cramp her style... Look to the prisoner and the others, would you? This is going to look disgusting."

The room was not very big, about as big as your living room back at Steelhaven, igniting the stored up rotten Quintessence should take it out and burn everything in it to ash.
He trotted out of the Node chamber, and started his working, quickly outlining the scope of the primal burn and preparing to let it run until the Node dried up, "Gladius Intra Cubiculum ex Nodus Malomagia!"

((OOC: So, Arete rolls for setting a prime shard to extend to the entirety of the room, and to drain the entire disgusting Node in the process... 1,8,9 - 4,7,9 - 7,8,0 - Six successes, that should be the limit for custom work like that... And draw on the node to keep scorching the Node chamber until there's no more power to draw on. That's gotta sting Abigail's precious resource hoard. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:18 pm

"This is very true, and she will not remain a problem when we are done." Crexia said darkly. "There is a chance she will send someone to try to deal with us though and that do worry me."

He gave her a nod. "Same."

He grinned, "Well, Abigail specified her trap. Hardly the noble spirit's fault that I could so strongly dispute the claim to the portal. He turned a little more serious, lowering his voice, "I just hope I don't make the accidental discovery of other, more inconvenient inheritances. At least, not before I can figure out how to let my Avatar revert the fragments we've collected."

He gave a wry look to him that turned more into a concerned one. "Indeed. Let's not speak of it here though."

"That's true. It could be ephemera while she has it in her possession but we still should be able to use that, good idea."

"Ask the prisoner what he knows, and see if he knows anything else that can be useful about the Labyrinth defenses while you are at it please."

"Very well. I doubt he will speak of his...owner. But he did tell me the name of the Hagalaz that they have doing most of the traps and which room is hers. Sølvi Gjende from Boston, apprentice of Synøve Brønnerud, forgive the likely mispronunciation. Her room is three doors down on the left hand side from the Chief's."

"I have some morphine that I took from the infirmary and that will knock him out but I am not really sure what dose will leave him awake, which will knock him out and which will kill him so ehm...it will not be safe.

"He was hit in the head, sedating him might kill or damage him from concussion."

"He have told her his story, sad as it is...poor man." She muttered to you then she frowned, the unfortunate former Verditius was now a bit of a problem.

He was starting to wonder why another Verditius was attacked from Lux Iternis but he was cautious of asking anything about it while one was hiding at his home chantry. It was another piece of the bigger problem. "Is there a way for it to be recorded under witness just in case? Hm, I have some questions to ask him. William, may I ask you a few questions? I would like to know the location of the recycling dump the spirit is associated with and anything you might know about the defenses of the Labyrinth.."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Colin nodded, smiling thinly, "I seem to have a diplomatic knack... Perhaps it relates to my distaste for war; perhaps it something subtler, but it seems to work."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Well whatever it is your talent for talking others into doing what you want have often come in handy young man."
She said and smiled.

He nodded again, then grinned, "Ah, yes, I've already consulted her on this matter, as well as conferred with her on several other matters more or less related. She's presently visiting, as it happens, and it just might seem she has found a reason to extend her visit as well..."

"Very well then, just make sure you are careful."
The old archmage warned.

He nodded and took the gun back, "Requiescat in pace... Now, let's step outside so I can work my magic and turn the Node in on itself. If Abigail hasn't noticed yet, then that at least should cramp her style... Look to the prisoner and the others, would you? This is going to look disgusting."

"I already are doing so young man, space really are no hindrance to doing two things at once."
Crexia said with a slight smile.
"But if you have things in hand then there are always tasks to be done, not that I have not seen disgusting things before."
The Archmage said before she just vanished as she stopped co locating.

He trotted out of the Node chamber, and started his working, quickly outlining the scope of the primal burn and preparing to let it run until the Node dried up, "Gladius Intra Cubiculum ex Nodus Malomagia!"

You create a massive primal shard getting it big enough to cover the whole room in flame is hard but you manage if just barely however it burns well and over time it will drain the Node unless it is stopped, it will take some time though and you doubt Abigail will be happy about you washing her stored up Quintessence down the drain.

He gave her a nod. "Same."

"Keep your eyes open Sodalis..."
Crexia urged.
"Something tell me trouble is brewing."

"Very well. I doubt he will speak of his...owner. But he did tell me the name of the Hagalaz that they have doing most of the traps and which room is hers. Sølvi Gjende from Boston, apprentice of Synøve Brønnerud, forgive the likely mispronunciation. Her room is three doors down on the left hand side from the Chief's."

"Hum no I suppose not the poor man is probably brainwashed. I see Brønnerud that was the little Janissary girl's mother was she not? At least from the rapports I have been presented with."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Hum three doors down...and to the left so that one there then."
She said and pointed at one of the doors in the corridor.
"Well let us stay away from the Nephandic trap expert's chambers shall we...in either case it seam our prisoner are willing to give us some information let us see what else we can get which can me useful."

"He was hit in the head, sedating him might kill or damage him from concussion."

"I can heal his concussion, I am no great healer but a concussion I can manage, I am more concerned that I will give him to much medicine and kill him or hurt him when injecting him, especially if I give him to little and have to do it again, I am not nurse or a doctor after all I have just taken a couple of first aid classes and bound a few of my uncle's cuts and scrapes over the year, I really are not comfortable with sticking needles into people."
Rosario said.
"I might be able to mesmerize him though, put him into a plesant trance or sending him to sleep, that is not to hard to do I am a Disciple of Mind, the question is if it is secure enough, at least that though will cause him no pain or distress."

He was starting to wonder why another Verditius was attacked from Lux Iternis but he was cautious of asking anything about it while one was hiding at his home chantry. It was another piece of the bigger problem. "Is there a way for it to be recorded under witness just in case?

"I have stored the man's testimony in a partition in my mind, it can be magically examined for correctness and accuracy without infringing on my privacy."
Udella said and nodded.
"I will have the testimony recorded onto paper as well once we get out of here but it is still always useful to have the original witness."

Hm, I have some questions to ask him.

Udellla nodded and stepped a side so you could stand before the bound man on the floor.
"Off course..."

William, may I ask you a few questions? I would like to know the location of the recycling dump the spirit is associated with and anything you might know about the defenses of the Labyrinth.."

"I do not know the exact address and I have not been there myself, but I know it lies to the North of Gary, but that is all I know about that but I guess google maps might be able to help you more than I there."
William said nervously then he looked away fearfully before shaking his head.
"I can't answer your second question I am sorry, if the Labyrinth go down my Mistress would be put in danger, if the Traditions capture her...I could not bare something like that happening to her."
The former Verditius said then he looked at you.
"I know you might try to force it out of me...it is ok I am used to it, you do not need to feel bad but can I ask for one favor first please? I ehm...it is embarrassing to say but I really...really have to go...you know relieving myself...it is not some ploy to escape I promise but if I can't go to the bathroom soon I just can't hold it any longer I think, can I please be allowed to go to the bathroom?"
Willie begged as he looked at you with pleading eyes.

(OOC: Colin is really pissing in Abigail's cereal. Razz Well then BBQ party done, I sat playing MTG with a friend most of them time after dinner while everyone else was out being social but at least I attended. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:44 pm

(OOC: We are at 30 pages again so it is time for a summary and a new thread.

Colin, Adley and the rest of their team managed to finish up the battle with Jodelle's child in the sewers and while they did win, Quesitor Jake King lost his life. The Enforcer's body was sent back to Morningstar by his teammates but there was little time for grief, pressing on the group entered the Labyrinth only to be assaulted by a group of pawns, two Nephandi magi and two werbears, the group manage to slaughter the group of Nephandi using Loretta's time magick, some of Colin's Primal flames, some of Adley's manipulations of gravity and allot of bullets, Cara get a minor injury though and James gets badly hurt by a spirit the Nephandi had enslaved to help them though he is later healed.

The spirit is attracted to Colin due to the Orphan working with silver and he had once been the spirit of a Verditius' silver blade, this Verditus had been killed by the Nephandi and the spirit had been stripped of it's name and purpose and been forced to serve the murderers of his friend. Colin with the help of Adley reach the spirit and give him a new name, Engrave and set him to the task to recording his lost friend's life and deed, this calms the spirit and the group of magi can safely pass.

The group move through the hallways of Abigail's Labyrinth and reach the infirmary here they hear voices, it appears that Mel's student Edmund, the now grown son of the ghost the group encountered in the sewers have left his post to check on his Mentor who is badly Paradox sick after the Post Office incident. Colin movies in first, he shoots a young pawn he later learn are called Ruben in the back, severing his spinal column and Crexia kills Mel before the Master Nephanda have any time to react. The two others in the infirmary, Edmund and a badly traumatized young man who have just been through the Cauls, Valen are talked into cooperating if something is done to relieve their fallen friend's pain. Rosario finds some morphine and tend to Ruben. The group get some information from Edmund, not enough but what he promised to get Ruben help, he turn out to be a dedicated Malfean but he is still a nice and noble man, the problem is the group can not let him go and prisoners would be hard to justify so Edmund and Valen is executed, this affects everyone but particularly Rosario though Colin manage to talk her down, the Cultist still insist on coming back for Ruben and getting him proper care once the Labyrinth is taken through and Crexia reluctantly agree to leave the pawn alive. Rosario raid the Labyrinth's medic only known as Doc's stores as Colin comes up with an idea to lure Cotta the entrance corridor where she can be ambushed and group moved back to engage in this plan.

Colin quite badly insults Cotta by writing on her Labyrinth flesh and yes the Labyrinth Keeper do show up, several Umbroods in two and the mages have themselves one hell of a fight. One of the Umbroods are the captured water elemental the young man Adley and Udella captured spoke about, she is reluctant to attack the group but she do, mortally wounding Loretta. Cotta try to attack the group's Avatars she miss most but hit James and the Fortunae go down screaming though he is not seriously injured. Adley keep the sea elemental busy while the rest deal with her, the other spirits and then manage to take down Cotta herself, though the old Nephanda do not go down easily. Adley and Udella manage to talk the water elemental into helping them so they can get her back to the sea outside of Boston where she can look for her charge a young, inexperienced wershark, they do this by Adley talking her into giving them her name so they get control over her and break her free of the Nephandi's hold.

Crexia decide that Cotta is to dangerous to bring along as a prisoner and they do not want to deal with her widderslainte further down the line and so a decision is made to Gilgul the woman in the field, with only two Masters of Spirit and Olamide who is an Adept in that Sphere to perform the ritual it is not an easy task. Adley and Cara have the job of securing Cotta and Adley have a short throwback to the early middle ages when he and Carmon broke the fingers of a captured Diedne. Cara insist on staying with Cotta during the ritual, the woman is a terrible enemy but everyone deserve some support during something like that. Adley takes Cotta's foci and personal items though he give her back a pendant that where a gift from Warden, clearly it means allot to the woman and it might be able to offer her some support. Crexia and Udella go through with the Gilgul and it is just as horrible as one would expect, afterwards Colin give the broken woman the last mercy. A piece of Cotta's soul gets absorbed by Mia though and Colin starts having throwbacks seeing some of Cotta's memories, he sees her with Warden, the two clearly love one another, and he see an argument between her and Gabriel where she and Warden are ordered to create a portal to Oblivion itself in the Labyrinth's Node, a trap to be activated if the Labyrinth was ever close to being taken, as it would swallow the place up, Abigails enemies and a good chunk of Chicago as well, Cotta do not agree with this order but she have little choice but to obey. The argument takes place in Gabriel's play room and Colin see how the old Prelate forces his young apprentice to watch as he torture and lobotomize his victims which give a good explanation for the young Nephanda he have named Anna's fear of needles.

Crexia and Udella did the ritual on Cotta in a time bubble since it was lengthy and this seam to have triggered another one of Colin's future visions, he sees himself trying to cheer Anna up two months into the future, the little girl is scared over her trial, itching to use her magick that have been blocked from her for over two months and upset over the injections of the serum, during the talk with her and Kyle though the child mention Cotta giving her a marble that was missing when Colin brought back her collection from the Labyrinth, and that the old Labyrinth Keeper had told her to toss it into the Node if ever there was need to stop something terrible. The rest of the conversation is mostly bonding with the child, but Colin do then have the clue he need for how the group can stop the portal from opening. While Colin are having his visions and having his wounds from the fight treated and Rosario and Leon try and succeed in saving Loretta's life Adley try to calm down Cara who is rather upset over what she have seen. Loretta is teleported back to Morningstar for treatment.

The group make their way to Anna's room. Colin find the enchanted Marble that and end Cotta and Warden's portal to Oblivion, he also bring along the girl's marble collection and her books and put them in Crexia's pocket realm. The group continue, they run into a group of the Jade Demon's Household fighting one of Jodelle's children, the group assist and once the child is disposed of the two groups of mages to separate ways. Eventually the Node is found it is guarded though but the group of mages get a chance to strike when one of the guards, Willie have to go relieve himself urgently, Adley knocks him down while Crexia and Udella burn the rest to ash, Colin kills the last man standing and he and Rosario go to deal with the portal. The Node turn out to be a medieval rack that the Nephandi have tortured victims on for centuries is is quite a horrible sight. Adley talks with Willie and it turns out the man is a slave sold by a Traditionalist to the Nephandi he have been tortured and broken and the Flambeau have quite a bit of sympathy with him. William can tell him that there is an Umbrood with the guards and she have been told to activate the portal however her orders where given so poorly that Colin later managed to convince her to stay out of the group's way in exchange for helping to free her child from the Nephandi and having the sorry state of her domain, a recycling plant looked into, originally she wanted his face. Colin learned to see spirit from the shard Mia got from Cotta's Avatar.

The portal is deal with and Crexia kill the latest victim of the rack so she will not suffer anymore. A plan is made to go and find Matty Carlyle and deal with her and then go after Abigail herself. Colin is igniting the Node to burn away the corruption while Adley and Rosario discuss how they can restrain William so he can be kept alive to testify what have happened to him.

Tane speaks with Andrew sort of scarring the boy since he discuss Gilgul with the teenager, then he discuss with Henrietta warning her at they will be moving Tobias to the basement so she should be aware he might come looking for Dennis. Henrietta promise to be careful, she also ask the Dreamspeaker's help to keep her Awakening Avatar slumbering since she do not want to start her studies all over again and loose her skill with hedge magic. Tane promises to try to help find a way she can practice both true magick an hedge wizardry before he go to speak with Amadeus about moving Tobias to the Node where he can recover, he also gets to meet Bruce.

Great gaming everyone 2 exp for you each.

Here is a link to the new IC thread: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t109-the-heart-of-the-labyrinth-screams-and-hope-ic-thread-19#14738 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum