Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

4 posters

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 4 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Tane Karyak Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 3:43

"He will need mental and spiritual therapy that is true, unfortunately though not many among us are healers in such a way, not healers of the mind where there are no magick involved, only patience and compassion."
Tane sighed loudly Life's too short, but that's another thing for my tasks list.

"Perhaps, but such and approach would require enormous amounts of Quintessence that we just do not have, it is after all a rather limited resource Mr Karyak...one of your Cabalmates have thought up a method to get rid of unwanted energies and it might work and will not require allot of resources but it might be a rough treatment and I am concerned for the little Avatar's ability to withstand it, we might not have much of a choice though."
Cita said and frowned.
Tane nodded thoguhtfully I know, but not even her proyection can stand long. I fear she's going to suffer much.

"Hum...I have heard of such things...impossibly strong Avatars that once was shattered, each piece strong enough to form a new personality and reincarnating into new hosts...that might possibly explain it but it would also put the boy in considerable danger, those other shards will have hosts as well and some of them might potentially wish to...complete their soul..."
The spirit healer muttered frowning again.
It could be a problem. We would need to interview her about that after we heal them. Fortunatelly, the other shards wouldn't be willing to absorb her now given that they could get addicted to, so we have got time.

"Is there anything you need before we try this Tane?"
Just stop frowning. You're much cuter when you look determined, and our patients will need a comforting smile. he said amusingly with a smile Now let's save a life.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18 - Page 4 Empty Re: Battle, Death and a Pine Cone IC Thread 18

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 8:31

Adley:

You work your magick, it was always a bit more complicated in the Umbra, reality responded more, was your magick, it was more flowing, different or not you where rewarded by a half irritated, half frightened grunt from around the bend in the tunnel system where the other mage where trying to flee. The man was however not planning on going down without a fight and the floor itself rose up into chunks of some size ready to crush you...well for a little while before Udella waved her hand and dismissed that magick, the old Quesitor might not be much of a runner anymore but she had some magick in her.
"Let us go and pick up our little spy before he becomes to much of a nuisance, it sounds like you have him caught for the moment."
The old maga suggested as she begun to slowly move in that direction.

(OOC: Well yes we are lucky up here when it comes to things like vacation time and more important our health services, but it is cold here there is no denying that.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 8:40

Tane:

Tane sighed loudly Life's too short, but that's another thing for my tasks list.

"Well you are a mage Mr Karyak, most Traditions have ways to stop aging, though I hear the Dreamspeaers are not fond of doing so."
Cita said and nodded.
"But yes we need more healers of the mind."

Tane nodded thoguhtfully I know, but not even her proyection can stand long. I fear she's going to suffer much.

"The treatment will not be painless for the young Avatar or for her host that is true, but it can also save them, and we just do not have the resources to try it your way, it is not about an unwillingness to do so, I would have to do the calculations but I doubt this Chantry have that amount of Tass even if they where they drain their reserves dry."
Cita said looking concerned.

It could be a problem. We would need to interview her about that after we heal them. Fortunatelly, the other shards wouldn't be willing to absorb her now given that they could get addicted to, so we have got time.

"If she is willing to talk about where she came from that is, most Avatars are hardly very talkative, especially with strangers."
The spirit healer said she sigh.
"Yes...it may be the other shards will not want the boy's soul back which might offer some protection, let us also hope that if his Avatar is part of a greater whole then the rest of it belong to Traditionalists, for if so they will be bound by the law not to try to harm him once he have been apprenticed by one of us."

Just stop frowning. You're much cuter when you look determined, and our patients will need a comforting smile. he said amusingly with a smile Now let's save a life.

"Well being cute is not my goal you know but yes, our young patient will need us to seam confident."
Cita said and nodded in agreement to your last statement as she headed to Tobias' room and carefully knocked on the door before entering.
"We will need the boy's consent to do this as well as there will be some...discomfort and some risk.""
She instructed to you as she walked towards the bedroom to wake up Tobias.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 19:09

The man was however not planning on going down without a fight and the floor itself rose up into chunks of some size ready to crush you...well for a little while before Udella waved her hand and dismissed that magick, the old Quesitor might not be much of a runner anymore but she had some magick in her.

He hadn't been expecting an attack of that nature. The ground began to rise up, scattering spiritual bones and the blood...it was like a heaving lung or digestive tract being torn apart. Disgusting and dangerous. His mind immediately thought 'not again,' as he brought up his hands for some kind of defensive maneuver. This was the second time a road had been chucked at him! But the elder maga next to him was just as fast as him and stronger, negating the magick even as he built it. He felt a wave of relief as the spell fell apart.

"Let us go and pick up our little spy before he becomes to much of a nuisance, it sounds like you have him caught for the moment."

He nodded to her and approached cautiously, weapon ready, trying to keep her covered (not that she hadn't proven capable). Honestly, he hadn't had much thought beyond stop the guy. Now they had to go see what the situation was and deal with it.

// Happy Easter to everyone that celebrates, or happy holiday at least.

Oh yeah I meant to say that there would be more words about chatting important information at the doorstep of the enemy than about if Colin can make a knock-off Parma Magica rote on his own lol xD Adley would probably be (secretly) impressed if he did it, even if he couldn't condone it ; ) But as it is, I think he's running around the umbra while they're chatting about that, which is why I've not been replying to some portions unless Colin addressed him.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat 15 Apr 2017 - 20:22

Udella looked at you for a moment as the bones who had been heaved into the air fell down again with a clatter.
"A feisty one."
She muttered she she begun to head in that direction, two more times the gound heaved and Udella waves the magick away with her own counterspells, well it would be natural for her to be skilled at such sorcery, her job was to detain magi who broke the laws of the Order and the Traditions in general.
"If you go and pick him up Sodalis, I will cover you."
The Enforcer suggested, careful not to use names where they could be heard by an hostile mage who might use it to his advantage.
"Let us find out who this man is."

He nodded to her and approached cautiously, weapon ready, trying to keep her covered (not that she hadn't proven capable). Honestly, he hadn't had much thought beyond stop the guy. Now they had to go see what the situation was and deal with it.

You walk around the turn in the disgusting, bone covered path and see a young man standing there, he had dark skin and short, curly dark hair, his eyes was pretty, almond shaped and dark brown as well, the man was wearing black pants and a dark gray hoodie and he glared at you as you approached, he formed a bolt of energy in his hands and growled in frustration as again Udella cut his magick short.
"Is it you or the old bitch that are playing with countermagick!"
He exclaimed from pure frustration as he saw you anger overpowering fear at the moment.
"Release me...release me now!"
He demanded and fought against the ground which had become like thick, bone gruel around his feet, no more appetizing but not easy to move in, and he gave a long row of swearing in the Dragons Tongue for good measure while he was at it, the more sensitive and reactive reality of the Penumbra screaming in protest at the foulness of the language he spoke.

(OOC: Happy Easter everyone, I am not Christian so I celebrated Ostara a few weeks ago instead but do that stop me from having a extra good dinner tonight...no, no it do not. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 5:49

Udella looked at you for a moment as the bones who had been heaved into the air fell down again with a clatter.
"A feisty one." She muttered she she begun to head in that direction, two more times the gound heaved and Udella waves the magick away with her own counterspells...

This guy was fast with his magick; they weren't too far away and he'd already tried to fling the ground at them a few times. Even in the umbra, it wasn't as if it were an easy thing to do while caught in another spell.

"If you go and pick him up Sodalis, I will cover you." The Enforcer suggested, careful not to use names where they could be heard by an hostile mage who might use it to his advantage. "Let us find out who this man is."

"Very well," he said and searched with his free hand for a pair of restraints. "Then?" he asked. There were really only so many choices. It might have been easier to shoot him down, but accurate information was valuable. If they could squeeze any out...

"Is it you or the old bitch that are playing with countermagick!" He exclaimed from pure frustration as he saw you anger overpowering fear at the moment. "Release me...release me now!" He demanded and fought against the ground which had become like thick, bone gruel around his feet, no more appetizing but not easy to move in, and he gave a long row of swearing in the Dragons Tongue for good measure...

Oh wonderful, Adley thought sarcastically. He would be close friends with Diego, if other people could stand Diego. Or even if Diego could stand himself, which he suspected he could not. At least it answered the question if he were Fallen. He tried to place him from the descriptions they'd gotten from Tian, or from what he'd glimpsed - though this man looked too young to belong to the old Labyrinth. Now what to do with him..."Stop wasting your energy before you backlash yourself," he said, checking out the state of the mire to see where he could get close without getting stuck himself. "Who are you?"

// lol, I'm not either but roast ham is good stuff.

IIRC, there are three pairs of magick cuffs atm. One is on the now-vampire hedge wizard, then there's the talon cuffs from the Post Office and one more pair somewhere?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 6:08

"Very well," he said and searched with his free hand for a pair of restraints. "Then?" he asked. There were really only so many choices. It might have been easier to shoot him down, but accurate information was valuable. If they could squeeze any out...

"Then...we get information out of him Sodalis, we want to know what he is doing here and what is happening inside of the Labyrinth and we do not have much time to squeeze it out of him so I suggjest a simple offer, taking a prisoner at this moment would be bothersome so it is fully legal not to extend the resources, if he talks willingly and do not waste our time he gets a bullet, simple as that, if he do not cooperate I bind his powers and send him to sleep and try to store him in one of my pocket realms until we are done with this place...a simple choice that might be more effective than threatening the man with pain."
Udella said, her eyes a little uneasy but firm, the old Quesitor did not like to play hardball but she would do it if need be.

He tried to place him from the descriptions they'd gotten from Tian, or from what he'd glimpsed - though this man looked too young to belong to the old Labyrinth. Now what to do with him...

He did match one of Tian's descriptions for a young Fallen Orphan, you do not recognize him from your past life memories though which would be natural, the man looked younger than you, though then again so did Cita so it did not have to matter but usually most mages you had seen who stopped their aging did not do so this young.

Now what to do with him..."Stop wasting your energy before you backlash yourself," he said, checking out the state of the mire to see where he could get close without getting stuck himself. "Who are you?"

The young man looked at you and hissed, he seamed to use very quick hand gestures for his magick these though where not even close to Hermetic ones and the Nephandus had probably made them up himself, they worked well though and he was halfway through another spell before he sigh and let his hands drop.
"Damn it!"
He muttered. You see one path to the side there you can get close though to grab the Nephandus without getting stuck yourself.
"I do not think you can pronounce my name, my mother named me Tanner that are going to have to do for now...who are you?"
He replied and narrowed his eyes.
"Traditionalists?"

(OOC: I think Adley gave the last pair back, I do not remember what happened to the talon cuffs he might still have those.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 8:13

"Then...we get information out of him Sodalis...a simple choice that might be more effective than threatening the man with pain."

He nodded at that. Pain did not seem much a deterrent to the Nephandi he'd encountered so far. Considering that they went through the Caul and what they did to one another, it almost seemed expected. Or worse, they somehow fed on it. "Offering such outright is legal?" he asked. "Hm, how to tell if they lie?"

"I do not think you can pronounce my name, my mother named me Tanner that are going to have to do for now...who are you?" He replied and narrowed his eyes. "Traditionalists?"

"Tanner, then." Not Edmund, apparently...if he wasn't lying.

// I can't recall if he gave the talon ones, pretty sure you're right about the other ones. I need to remember to write that sort of thing down, I'll have a scour quick before I post next in the am and finish the rest of the reply.

And yay, Dr Who premiered for the US : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 8:38

He nodded at that. Pain did not seem much a deterrent to the Nephandi he'd encountered so far. Considering that they went through the Caul and what they did to one another, it almost seemed expected. Or worse, they somehow fed on it. "Offering such outright is legal?" he asked. "Hm, how to tell if they lie?"

"It is a legal gray zone. I can not let a Nephandus go when it is practical to take them in, however in the middle of a fight it might not be, trying to take him captive would be a strain on our resources as such not doing so is legal, as for offering to do so...it is a gray area."
Udella admitted.
"As for the risk of the young man lying, that I can deal with, you have heard of the spell, frozen breath of the spoken lie? This spell will not harm this young man but a puff of smoke, like when breathing out during winter will emit from his mouth if he speaks a lie, though remember this spell react to actual lies, one can easily mislead someone and never actually speak a word that are a direct lie, so be aware."
The Quesitor advices.

"Tanner, then." Not Edmund, apparently...if he wasn't lying.

The Nephandus nodded at that. He did not look like he could be the ghost woman's son either as she was fair of skin and hair and this man was rather dark.
"You did not tell me who you are."
Tanner commented.

(OOC: I think Adley might still have the talon ones but I do think he handed the other cuffs back and Joakim put them in his safe. Yes I have to write it down as well, I usually do but sometimes it slips my mind.)

(OOC 2: Wee Dr Who is fun.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 13:00

"You you mentioned as much Mr Wainwright, then again far often than not the humble advisor is the real leader rather than the one who sit on the Primus' seat or a king's throne."
Crexia said and smiled.
Colin smiled, "Indeed, the inconspicuous advisor can puppeteer a weakling on the throne - but no, I would not want to seek that sort of an advisory position. I've seen what a weak leader might do when the advisor is absent, and wouldn't want to contribute to such a mess..."

"Well we will appreciate the cooperation if time for such a request ever comes."
She said with a most winning smile.
He nodded with a small grin, "An arrangement more beneficial than... well, your Tradition's speciality, I'm certain."

"If any of the Jade Demon's household should happen to be left when all is said and done and it is time to actually consider taking captives they are fair game Mr Wainwright, they are Nephandi after all but they are not our primary targets at the moment."
Crexia said sternly.
"And as we can neither ally ourselves with or easily identify the members of his household, not opening fire on apparent friendlies will have to do, anyone else who is not our own are fair game as well."
He nodded, "Absolutely correct. And I personally hope we won't find it convenient afterwards to attempt to capture any of the Jade Demon's people owing to the presumed retribution he's likely to offer, not because of any gratitude for assistance. I should hate to return to Boston only to hear of the damage done to your Chantry..."

"I hope so young man for if the Jade Demon and his people are still here at that point then we will have to have a conflict with them, which would be bad, for both of our sides."
The archmaga said and frowned.
He nodded, "Of course, capturing and disabling the man himself might be a feat that would turn the Council's heads, but I don't see that as something we'd be likely able to do..."

"Outside," he replied shortly.
He frowned briefly, and watched as Udella and Adley vanished through the slightly thicker air..

((OOC: Board game night last night. Got back closer to three at night. But was fun; Arkham Horror, and we beat Hastur in four hours, and then we got in a round of Last Night on Earth. Very Happy ))

((OOC2: Anna's wearing one set of handcuffs, isn't she? Both to keep her physically and magically confined in the infirmary...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 13:46

Colin smiled, "Indeed, the inconspicuous advisor can puppeteer a weakling on the throne - but no, I would not want to seek that sort of an advisory position. I've seen what a weak leader might do when the advisor is absent, and wouldn't want to contribute to such a mess..."

Crexia nodded approvingly.
"A sensible position to take Mr Wainwright, so you are planning for you new House to be actual advisers and fully neutral? Hum...interesting it could be useful."

He nodded with a small grin, "An arrangement more beneficial than... well, your Tradition's speciality, I'm certain."

"Ah well we have several specialties."
The archmaga said in a way that made it rather hard to tell if she was joking with you or not.
"I am sure some arrangement that will be beneficial for both sides can be found."
She said and glanced over at Adley as the Flambeau and Udella headed out into the Umbra to follow up on what he had seen out there.
"Be careful."
Crexia said half to you and half to Adley and Udella.

He nodded, "Absolutely correct. And I personally hope we won't find it convenient afterwards to attempt to capture any of the Jade Demon's people owing to the presumed retribution he's likely to offer, not because of any gratitude for assistance. I should hate to return to Boston only to hear of the damage done to your Chantry..."

"Yes the one time we captured one of the Jade Demon's Household that did cause...problems though the worst pain did not come from his retribution, we took one of his mages so he took one of our Nodes and there was nothing we could do about it...no the worst pain was what...that prisoner caused the emotions of some of our Chantry members..."
Crexia said and sigh.
"We will follow the law of course but if we can we will leave the damned Jade Demon and his brood alone, they are not the problem here anyhow."
She muttered bitterly.

He nodded, "Of course, capturing and disabling the man himself might be a feat that would turn the Council's heads, but I don't see that as something we'd be likely able to do..."

"If we where able to take down the Jade Demon it would mean honor and a rise in rank for everyone involved and yes it would turn the Council's head and make them somewhat obligated to grant favors but unless the man should succumb to Paradox before our eyes it will not be easy...we are both arcmagi, but I am not so sure I am his match."
The old Tytalus said with an expression in her eyes that said it hurt to admit that.

He frowned briefly, and watched as Udella and Adley vanished through the slightly thicker air..

The air returned to normal after the two Hermetics had walked into the Penumbra, you saw Crexia tensing up a little bit, ready to jump in after her two Sodali if there should be a need, she said nothing though.

(OOC: I love Arkham Horror, I have not had a chance to play it very often though. My husband is not so fond of board games.)

(OOC: Yes that is right so one of those cuffs are on Anna, one are on Mr Valiant and the third I think is in Joakim's safe. Also poor Anna.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 20:10

Crexia nodded approvingly.
"A sensible position to take Mr Wainwright, so you are planning for you new House to be actual advisers and fully neutral? Hum...interesting it could be useful."
Colin nodded, "I've noticed a mild distrust toward the Mercere, and perhaps even the Guernicus, owing to their being Hermetic Houses - some, it seems, aren't entirely convinced those Houses won't favour loyalty to the Order over loyalty to the Traditions as a whole. If I am to found such a House of Diplomats, it would need to be a House of Orphans, with no concrete ties to any one Tradition... The chief purpose would be to foster relations between the Traditions, and to deal with disagreements before they have to be dealt with by the law..."

"Ah well we have several specialties."
The archmaga said in a way that made it rather hard to tell if she was joking with you or not.
"I am sure some arrangement that will be beneficial for both sides can be found."
She said and glanced over at Adley as the Flambeau and Udella headed out into the Umbra to follow up on what he had seen out there.
"Be careful."
Crexia said half to you and half to Adley and Udella.
He grinned wryly, "Yes, multiple specialties, and none of them pleasant to be on the receiving end of..."

"Yes the one time we captured one of the Jade Demon's Household that did cause...problems though the worst pain did not come from his retribution, we took one of his mages so he took one of our Nodes and there was nothing we could do about it...no the worst pain was what...that prisoner caused the emotions of some of our Chantry members..."
Crexia said and sigh.
"We will follow the law of course but if we can we will leave the damned Jade Demon and his brood alone, they are not the problem here anyhow."
She muttered bitterly.
He nodded, "He seems a very... fixed individual, I guess. Predictable, though not easily manipulated."

"If we where able to take down the Jade Demon it would mean honor and a rise in rank for everyone involved and yes it would turn the Council's head and make them somewhat obligated to grant favors but unless the man should succumb to Paradox before our eyes it will not be easy...we are both arcmagi, but I am not so sure I am his match."
The old Tytalus said with an expression in her eyes that said it hurt to admit that.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Acknowledging that uncertainty is the first step to finding a way to overcome it... You're an experienced, clever Archmage; even if you might not be able to defeat him in a straight up fight, that might not be necessary if it came to that - if possible, change the battlefield and the conditions to your favour without the enemy noticing. I don't know if you've read the Art of War?"

((OOC: Arkham Horror was fun; I played the cheesy Indiana Jones-clone, Monterey Jack. And we were lucky as all hell; only one monster surge throughout the entire game, and the terror track only reached 1, meaning Hastur was a pushover at the end. Very Happy ))

((OOC2: Poor Anna, yes - but on the bright side, she's got a chance, unlike the rest of the Labyrinth's denizens. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 20:27

Colin nodded, "I've noticed a mild distrust toward the Mercere, and perhaps even the Guernicus, owing to their being Hermetic Houses - some, it seems, aren't entirely convinced those Houses won't favour loyalty to the Order over loyalty to the Traditions as a whole. If I am to found such a House of Diplomats, it would need to be a House of Orphans, with no concrete ties to any one Tradition... The chief purpose would be to foster relations between the Traditions, and to deal with disagreements before they have to be dealt with by the law...

"Well with Guernicus there are other Enforcers as well from other Traditions and even within the Order of Hermes while most Quesitori are from House Guernicus, it is a title anyone who wish for it and who show the knowledge and integrity for and and who are a member of the Order in good standing can get...with the Mercere though I see the point they are Hermetics first and foremost, while they do serve all of the Traditions I can see the point of a house of Orphans."
Crexia said and nodded

He grinned wryly, "Yes, multiple specialties, and none of them pleasant to be on the receiving end of..."

"Very true...very true."
The Tytalus said and grinned like a cat that was looking at a delicious mouse.

He nodded, "He seems a very... fixed individual, I guess. Predictable, though not easily manipulated."

"Yes...he do not act like most other Nephandi."
Crexia agreed.
"Whatever that is a relief or a worry I do not know, I tend to think both."

He nodded thoughtfully, "Acknowledging that uncertainty is the first step to finding a way to overcome it... You're an experienced, clever Archmage; even if you might not be able to defeat him in a straight up fight, that might not be necessary if it came to that - if possible, change the battlefield and the conditions to your favour without the enemy noticing. I don't know if you've read the Art of War?"

"Clever man now you are thinking like a member of my House Mr Wainwright, yes indeed, I do not know if I can defeat the Jade Demon in a straight up match I am however sure Chicago would not appreciate the two of us tearing reality to shreds trying to figure out who have the upper hand, changing the battlefield in my favor though...yes perhaps...perhaps though for now The Jade Demon have not made enough of a neusance of himself to be worth the risk."

(OOC: Well Anna do have a rough time ahead of her and the Labyrinth is still standing, for now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 21:59

"It is a legal gray zone. I can not let a Nephandus go when it is practical to take them in, however in the middle of a fight it might not be, trying to take him captive would be a strain on our resources as such not doing so is legal, as for offering to do so...it is a gray area." Udella admitted.

He frowned. "Perhaps I should let you talk as you will know what is legal to say?" It was that or beating around the bush. And they didn't have a lot of time.

"As for the risk of the young man lying, that I can deal with, you have heard of the spell, frozen breath of the spoken lie? This spell will not harm this young man but a puff of smoke, like when breathing out during winter will emit from his mouth if he speaks a lie, though remember this spell react to actual lies, one can easily mislead someone and never actually speak a word that are a direct lie, so be aware."

"I understand the limitation," he replied. "I will restrain him then."

You did not tell me who you are." Tanner commented.

"I suggest you cooperate with us," he said, as he moved a bit closer to the safer area of the mire, ready if the guy tried to make any sudden moves.

// Anna! That's where the other pair went, I knew it had something to do with Colin. Though I couldn't find what happened to the snake cuffs - either he handed them over to the Chief or he has them, though I don't know if it would be legal (or moral) to even use them anyhow.

Sounds like a fun board game night : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 22:45

He frowned. "Perhaps I should let you talk as you will know what is legal to say?" It was that or beating around the bush. And they didn't have a lot of time.

"Yes...that is probably best if you will help keep an eye on him then Sodalis."
Udella said as she stepped towards the trapped Nephandus.

"I understand the limitation," he replied. "I will restrain him then."

The old Quesitor nodded at that.
"Good, thank you."

"I suggest you cooperate with us," he said, as he moved a bit closer to the safer area of the mire, ready if the guy tried to make any sudden moves.

"Yeah...no sorry can't do that, I doubt you would have cooperated with me if our roles had been reversed."
The Nephandus said as he tried to fight against the mire of blood and bone and not really getting anywhere.
"Gah!"
He exclaimed, Udella stepped forward she made a few simple gestures of her hand then she spoke calmly.
"Mr...Tanner, I would urge you to reconsider, by law members of the Traditions must try to capture Nephandi alive so that they can be dealt with in a more...permanent manner, however at the moment dealing with a prisoner might be more trouble than it is worth, now I can not direly offer you death in exchange for information off course, that would be most illegal, but I can say that cooperation will probably help convince me that keeping an Awakened prisoner at this point is to dangerous...do you understand me young man?"
The Quesitor said with ice in her voice and the dark skinned young Nephandus' eyes widened.
"I but...no...so it is true what the Traditions do with...shit...shit!"
He said and he looked now rather terrified.
"But you can't do something like that to people...ok I guess they do say Warden can do so and have...and Cotta as well but..."
He muttered more to himself than anyone else his hands formed into fists.
"Please just let me go...I will stay far away from you, let me go please..."
He pleaded.
"You are running out of time Mr Tanner, you will get this suggestion just once, if I determine you to be safe enough to capture you will be knocked out and stored until we can get to you...are you sure you will not want to convince me it is better to not have to worry about a prisoner?"
The Enforcer asked and Tanner looked rather desperate.
"But I...Can't but...ok...ok fine...fine what do you two want to know...I will answer just please don't...bring me in for...please..."
The young man pleaded and he was so afraid tears started welling up in his eyes. Udella still looked firm but some of the steel vanished form her eyes, it was hard to watch a man that scared over one's words and knowing he had very good reason for that fear.

(OOC: The hooked cuffs would probably be legal to use as for moral? On a prisoner probably not, they would after all cause allot of pain, though if it was an absolute emergency, an ally going into a violent Quiet and the choice was causing them pain, letting them run rampant or killing them then perhaps using them would be less of an offense, but it would be a rather bad thing to do yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun 16 Apr 2017 - 23:03

"Well with Guernicus there are other Enforcers as well from other Traditions and even within the Order of Hermes while most Quesitori are from House Guernicus, it is a title anyone who wish for it and who show the knowledge and integrity for and and who are a member of the Order in good standing can get...with the Mercere though I see the point they are Hermetics first and foremost, while they do serve all of the Traditions I can see the point of a house of Orphans."
Crexia said and nodded
Colin nodded, "And with all Enforcer factions, there remains that unfortunate glimmer of suspicion of preferential treatment when they have to act in regard to someone of their own Traditions. That is not a concern uniquely for House Guernicus, but nevertheless, there it is - and it's likely mostly unjustified and unfortunate in every case."

"Very true...very true."
The Tytalus said and grinned like a cat that was looking at a delicious mouse.
He sighed softly and gave Crexia a small smile, speaking softly, "With all due respect, Milady, I think I'd prefer, on the whole, if you didn't keep fixing me with quite so predatory a look. Obviously, I can't stop you from looking at me like that, but it is nevertheless a tad on the unnerving side... and I should like to have as few such distractions prodding at my mind with the rather delicate work I have to do here."

"Yes...he do not act like most other Nephandi."
Crexia agreed.
"Whatever that is a relief or a worry I do not know, I tend to think both."
He nodded, "A relief in the short-term, I suppose, but in the long run... he'll only get more powerful and patient in his pursuit of oblivion. Who knows what might get dragged with him at such a time."

"Clever man now you are thinking like a member of my House Mr Wainwright, yes indeed, I do not know if I can defeat the Jade Demon in a straight up match I am however sure Chicago would not appreciate the two of us tearing reality to shreds trying to figure out who have the upper hand, changing the battlefield in my favor though...yes perhaps...perhaps though for now The Jade Demon have not made enough of a neusance of himself to be worth the risk."
He grinned, "I think like any officer who actually paid attention to the instruction."

He sighed, "I hope Master Adimari and Mr. Roth Hicks don't need too long to apprehend whoever he saw... And that there's no more trouble for them."

((OOC: Anna does have some rough times ahead, but at least she has a shot at survival...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 0:12

Colin nodded, "And with all Enforcer factions, there remains that unfortunate glimmer of suspicion of preferential treatment when they have to act in regard to someone of their own Traditions. That is not a concern uniquely for House Guernicus, but nevertheless, there it is - and it's likely mostly unjustified and unfortunate in every case."

"Very true and while all Enforcer factions I know of learn how to stay natural there is always that risk, for example young Hermetics are taught, often from we are children about the Code of Hermes, but many things that we are forbidden are perfectly legal for a member of another Tradition so when a Hermetic Quesitor is then put in judgment of a case where such immortality is part of it, let us say a Virtual Adept spying on a Hermetic member of his Chantry which leads to that Hermetic giving his technomancer Chantrymate a sound trashing and the Virtual Adept then accuse him of violence, it is easy for that Quesitor to say that the Adept had it coming, while in fact if they where of roughly equal rank the Hermetic have broken the law but the Adept have not, as there are no laws against such spying in his Tradition, it is rude yes, but not illegal, and we have to guard against such bias at all times."
Crexia said and nodded then she added.
"Though why a Tradition would not have laws against spying magickally on one another in their codes and laws is beyond me..."

He sighed softly and gave Crexia a small smile, speaking softly, "With all due respect, Milady, I think I'd prefer, on the whole, if you didn't keep fixing me with quite so predatory a look. Obviously, I can't stop you from looking at me like that, but it is nevertheless a tad on the unnerving side... and I should like to have as few such distractions prodding at my mind with the rather delicate work I have to do here."

"Ah yes...do forgive me young man."
Crexia said and gave you a winning smile.
"I shall try not to so unnerve you while you are working."
She agreed though she seamed to be a bit amused.

He nodded, "A relief in the short-term, I suppose, but in the long run... he'll only get more powerful and patient in his pursuit of oblivion. Who knows what might get dragged with him at such a time."

"Yes."
The Tytalus agreed.
"Sooner or later the Jade Demon have to be stopped and his growing power do concern me, the man is cunning and I do not like it, however one Labyrinth at the time."

He grinned, "I think like any officer who actually paid attention to the instruction."

"Perhaps so young man, but you would be surprised as to how few actually do that, pay attention or really think at all."

He sighed, "I hope Master Adimari and Mr. Roth Hicks don't need too long to apprehend whoever he saw... And that there's no more trouble for them."

"I hope so as well Mr Wainwright we do not have much time to waste and I do not want the pair of them hurt either."
Crexia said and peered into something you do not see, keeping and eye on the situation.
"I will give them a couple of minutes but not more."

(OOC: She do at that and if she is lucky she might even survive complete.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 1:51

"Very true and while all Enforcer factions I know of learn how to stay natural there is always that risk, for example young Hermetics are taught, often from we are children about the Code of Hermes, but many things that we are forbidden are perfectly legal for a member of another Tradition so when a Hermetic Quesitor is then put in judgment of a case where such immortality is part of it, let us say a Virtual Adept spying on a Hermetic member of his Chantry which leads to that Hermetic giving his technomancer Chantrymate a sound trashing and the Virtual Adept then accuse him of violence, it is easy for that Quesitor to say that the Adept had it coming, while in fact if they where of roughly equal rank the Hermetic have broken the law but the Adept have not, as there are no laws against such spying in his Tradition, it is rude yes, but not illegal, and we have to guard against such bias at all times."
Crexia said and nodded then she added.
"Though why a Tradition would not have laws against spying magickally on one another in their codes and laws is beyond me..."
Colin nodded, "Indeed; it would not be illegal for me to scry on you, but it would probably be hazardous to my health. And more importantly, as you put it, rude. I suppose, though, it would be a good thing if the law against espionage was implemented across the Traditions, rather than in each individual Tradition... As it is, would not the Adept still be in the clear, legally, if the Adepts adopted the Hermetic law against spying verbatim? It is, as I understand, specific to fellow Hermetics and Chantry- and Cabalmates, is it not?"

"Ah yes...do forgive me young man."
Crexia said and gave you a winning smile.
"I shall try not to so unnerve you while you are working."
She agreed though she seamed to be a bit amused.
He chuckled, "I suppose after a while, you start to pay attention to the potentially useful and otherwise interesting people, and not look quite as intently on those who might appear less immediately a concern, hmm?"

"Yes."
The Tytalus agreed.
"Sooner or later the Jade Demon have to be stopped and his growing power do concern me, the man is cunning and I do not like it, however one Labyrinth at the time."
He nodded, "Today will be costly enough; the Jade Demon is something for which one would need far longer planning and preparation..."

"Perhaps so young man, but you would be surprised as to how few actually do that, pay attention or really think at all."
He sighed, smiling wryly, "No, I'm afraid I wouldn't... I've run a shop for a few years, and there've been more than a few instances where I've had to... explain things to customers who wouldn't listen to my clerk."

"I hope so as well Mr Wainwright we do not have much time to waste and I do not want the pair of them hurt either."
Crexia said and peered into something you do not see, keeping and eye on the situation.
"I will give them a couple of minutes but not more."
He nodded, drawing his gun and brushing an imaginary speck off the slide, "Quite... Do you see them, over on the other side?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 4:57

As a spirit that is something i would be able to do. I would not like to be more than the man i am. Expanding one life's goes against the equilibrium. he said, and he knew he might have to change this idea if the world really needed him, but for now he focused on not dying by more violent means.

it is not about an unwillingness to do so, I would have to do the calculations but I doubt this Chantry have that amount of Tass
Yes, i understand. Let's try to ease it as much as we can, though. We can't have all our efforts fade. he said, urging her for caution.

I see, just like regular medicine: you can intervene only if it's risky not to and the other can't give consent. he understood.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 5:18

"Yes...that is probably best if you will help keep an eye on him then Sodalis." Udella said as she stepped towards the trapped Nephandus.

"Very well," he said, moving to keep her covered. "I will immobilize them..."  He didn't think he had any cuffs on him, at least not the ones without snake fangs which were not the most humane of tools. Then again, if it were someone they had to cuff, they might have to try to drag him in. Tiptoeing around legal technicalities was making things harder...it wasn't as if he wanted to have another widderslainte born from another Nephandi's death. He figured the best thing was to use the spell he'd worked on to neutralize any threat further, hopefully that would be faster than physically trying to restrain them, break or bind their hands and deprive them of tools which could get messy.

"But you can't do something like that to people...ok I guess they do say Warden can do so and have...and Cotta as well but..." He muttered more to himself than anyone else his hands formed into fists.

At the mention of Warden's name, Adley fought a frown, angry feelings over what she had tried to do to Colin stirring up. Cotta, however was the main problem and apparently was strong enough to try the rite. Well, not surprising perhaps but now they knew for sure.

"But I...Can't but...ok...ok fine...fine what do you two want to know...I will answer just please don't...bring me in for...please..."

Tanner stopped panicking and trying to escape, though he had started to sob and beg instead. But he finally seemed to get the point that Udella was making. "Cross your arms in front of your chest, palms flat; don't make any sudden moves. Answer the questions truthfully." Adley made the same series of gestures again, though this time aiming for more finesse to bind Tanner's arms as well as immobilize him, something like a chest down mummification. When he was done, he nodded to Udella and waited for her to cast her rote before launching into the first bit of his pile of questions.

"What were you doing before you ran away through here?" he asked, starting with the easiest question to see if he was going to lie. He waited for an answer before asking each successive question, since combining them might make the truth rote ineffective. "What was going on inside the labyrinth before you left it to come out here now? Did you contact anyone about us already?"

//Sorry for slow, I am trying to catch up, thanks for patience. I figure Udella and Adley have not yet been gone very long, not yet. He's trying to augment his current immobilization rote so that Tanner can't use his wicked finger-tutting magick, run off or get a weapon, etc. Arete: 6,9,6 I didn't want to lag the scene so I continued a little, hope that is ok.

edit: This just popped up on my feed and I thought of Hannah's snails - http://www.thedailyweird.com/wp-content/uploads/huge-lap-snail.jpg

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 7:45

Adley:

"Very well," he said, moving to keep her covered. "I will immobilize them..."

Udella nodded as she focused on the young Nephndus and the task at hand.
"Thank you Sodalis."
She said and frowned, she to did not like the situation but she would rather kill this Nephandus and get information that could be useful, than try to take him prisoner at this point, then again killing him meant and innocent family would suffer for it in the future, a child would suffer for it in the future.

Tanner stopped panicking and trying to escape, though he had started to sob and beg instead. But he finally seemed to get the point that Udella was making. "Cross your arms in front of your chest, palms flat; don't make any sudden moves. Answer the questions truthfully." Adley made the same series of gestures again, though this time aiming for more finesse to bind Tanner's arms as well as immobilize him, something like a chest down mummification. When he was done, he nodded to Udella and waited for her to cast her rote before launching into the first bit of his pile of questions.

Tanner looked at you a moment and hesitated, a terrified look in his eyes, then he glanced at Udella and shivered before he slowly obeyed and crossed his hand across his chest, laying his palms flat. Your rote worked as you made the mire rise into bonds around him, holding his arms and legs in place, the Nephandus gasped fearfully as the stuff solidified over his fingers, the very tools he used for his magick, but you do not think you had hurt him, he was just scarred and felt his chances for escape dwindling.

Udella made her own gestures, Intellego, Mentem and Auram, the spell was quickly cast and Udella just muttered the words, she had probably cast this rote thousands of times through her many years as a Quesitor. Once she was done she simply nodded to you.

"What were you doing before you ran away through here?" he asked, starting with the easiest question to see if he was going to lie.

"We are under attack, my teacher felt the wards was being messed with so she sent me here to see if I could find out who was at our doors and how many."
Tanner said and there where no reaction or smoke from his mouth at that reply.

asking each successive question, since combining them might make the truth rote ineffective. "What was going on inside the labyrinth before you left it to come out here now?

"First the Jade Demon, it have to be him have been attacking."
The young Nephandus said and he added an insult in the Dragon's Tongue which was probably not flattering the old Master of the Realm much.
"Then someone else attacked from the Umbra, we are trying to mount defenses since we, well you know do not want to be overrun...fuck..."
Tanner muttered and again the Quesitor's spell dd not react.

Did you contact anyone about us already?"

"Yes I did they will be coming out here any moment!"
The young Nephandus declared but this time a fine mist rose from his lips, like when breathing out in the cold, he did not seam to notice himself though, perhaps he was to scarred.

(OOC: Do not worry about it, the game is not running away. No they would not have been gone for long. Well holding the man's fingers against his chest will work, poor little Nephandus. Yes that is perfectly ok.)

(OOC 2: Yes those are the ones, African giant snails, they make for good pets.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 7:57

Tane:

As a spirit that is something i would be able to do. I would not like to be more than the man i am. Expanding one life's goes against the equilibrium. he said, and he knew he might have to change this idea if the world really needed him, but for now he focused on not dying by more violent means.

Cita nodded at that.
"I understand that stance Mr Karyak, I have expanded my own life, or rather strengthened to matrices of my life patterns and data to slow my own aging that will eventually expand my life as it keeps me young, for me as long as my Avatar is not nagging me to leave, I can stay as long as I want to...or as long as I am needed."
The Virtual Adept said with a bit of a smile.

Yes, i understand. Let's try to ease it as much as we can, though. We can't have all our efforts fade. he said, urging her for caution.

Cita nodded as she walked to her door.
"Agreed but I am not so sure we can do this half way, trying to drain the poison out of him through dialysis like you suggjest would be milder but we do not have the resources, the rote I have just learned will do the same thing but far more rougher and I am not sure I can make that easier on the boy."
The spirit healer said and frowned.

I see, just like regular medicine: you can intervene only if it's risky not to and the other can't give consent. he understood.

"Well I am not a physician I am not bound my an oath to not do harm, and at times my treatments do cause harm, and at times they fail, but I do not touch the Avatar of another without their consent, and I do not try any risky procedures without their consent either...a few times I have been asked to be the one to perform a Branding, but then only when the one sentenced to such a punishment personally asks me to be the one to do it since I...usually do a quicker and better job of it, cutting down on the time it takes to heal and the pain the victim is feeling, a physician would not do that, I will however if one of these treatments make me a Soulrender one one these days, it will be with the full consent of the patient for my attempt, even if failed, to help them."
Cita said before she went to Tobias' room to wake him.
"Wait here a moment please Tane."
She said as she went to talk with the young Orphan boy.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 8:11

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Indeed; it would not be illegal for me to scry on you, but it would probably be hazardous to my health. And more importantly, as you put it, rude. I suppose, though, it would be a good thing if the law against espionage was implemented across the Traditions, rather than in each individual Tradition...

"Indeed, it is not a Protocol, it is a individual Traditional law, like our own law against dealing with vampires, understandable enough given well...my former House."
Crexia muttered and her eyes darkened.
"Or the Cultists' laws when it comes to the consent of their...intimate partner which go beyond the general Traditions general laws, these not being Protocols but general interpretations and rulings when it comes to rape...some laws do fit best within their given Tradition even if they make enforcing them a bother but the one about spying should be a Protocol really, if you ask me about it."

As it is, would not the Adept still be in the clear, legally, if the Adepts adopted the Hermetic law against spying verbatim? It is, as I understand, specific to fellow Hermetics and Chantry- and Cabalmates, is it not?"

Crexia nodded at that.
"That is correct Mr Wainwright."

He chuckled, "I suppose after a while, you start to pay attention to the potentially useful and otherwise interesting people, and not look quite as intently on those who might appear less immediately a concern, hmm?"

"Very true, very true and I would far prefer to have you as an ally than an enemy young man, I sense great things to come in you."
The old Tytalus said and smiled.

He nodded, "Today will be costly enough; the Jade Demon is something for which one would need far longer planning and preparation..."

Crexia nodded.
"Yes indeed, this will be costly enough, when we one day move on the Jade Demon, we are going to have to be prepared and I fear that will be costlier still."
She said and looked into the Umbra for a moment.

He sighed, smiling wryly, "No, I'm afraid I wouldn't... I've run a shop for a few years, and there've been more than a few instances where I've had to... explain things to customers who wouldn't listen to my clerk."

"Ah yes, the frustrations of an artisan is it, a well known problem indeed."
Crexia said with a smirk on her face.

He nodded, drawing his gun and brushing an imaginary speck off the slide, "Quite... Do you see them, over on the other side?"

"They have rounded a corner so no I can not see them but I can sense them there, they seam to have caught someone...senses work different in the Umbra, they have rounded a corner but I can...sense them out there, especially when you are used to it, I can not look to closely though since that would be, as we discussed before scrying but I should be able to sense it if they get into trouble they can not handle on their own, then again Udella is quite the mage, she might not look it Mr Wainwright but she got some fight in her still."

(OOC: Sorry I missed your post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 10:41

"Indeed, it is not a Protocol, it is a individual Traditional law, like our own law against dealing with vampires, understandable enough given well...my former House."
Crexia muttered and her eyes darkened.
"Or the Cultists' laws when it comes to the consent of their...intimate partner which go beyond the general Traditions general laws, these not being Protocols but general interpretations and rulings when it comes to rape...some laws do fit best within their given Tradition even if they make enforcing them a bother but the one about spying should be a Protocol really, if you ask me about it."
Colin nodded, "Indeed; I do believe the Euthanatos have their own internal legislation on the subject of murder and, well, euthanasia?"

"Very true, very true and I would far prefer to have you as an ally than an enemy young man, I sense great things to come in you."
The old Tytalus said and smiled.
He frowned for a moment, then chuckled, "I don't suppose you've read the Harry Potter books - or at least, the first one, have you?"

"Ah yes, the frustrations of an artisan is it, a well known problem indeed."
Crexia said with a smirk on her face.
He nodded, "More like the frustrations of a clerk... She has pointed me to a website were people have vented their frustrations about idiot customers; it's rather full of anecdotes that makes one wonder about the state of humanity at times... It's a rather dark sort of comedy, really."

"They have rounded a corner so no I can not see them but I can sense them there, they seam to have caught someone...senses work different in the Umbra, they have rounded a corner but I can...sense them out there, especially when you are used to it, I can not look to closely though since that would be, as we discussed before scrying but I should be able to sense it if they get into trouble they can not handle on their own, then again Udella is quite the mage, she might not look it Mr Wainwright but she got some fight in her still."
He smiled, "Indeed, and she's got quite the store of experience to lean on, even if she might have been forced to physically slow down a little in recent decades... I expect she's a point of pride for her House."

((OOC: No problem; I just woke up, myself.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon 17 Apr 2017 - 10:58

Colin nodded, "Indeed; I do believe the Euthanatos have their own internal legislation on the subject of murder and, well, euthanasia?"

"They do and they also call their laws the Code and you would be surprised over how sensible their laws are, there are far more to the death mages then well, killing."
Crexia said and nodded.
"All of the Traditions have their own laws usually formed around their practices, for the Euthanatos they want to make sure they do not just become murderers, the Cultists preach hedonism but hedonism with responsibility and so they need laws for that, Virtual Adepts need laws surrounding sharing of computer data and so on."
The old Tytalus explained.

He frowned for a moment, then chuckled, "I don't suppose you've read the Harry Potter books - or at least, the first one, have you?"

"I have actually, Swan was badly Paradox sick a few years back and she requested I read it for her."
The old archmaga said with a slight smile.
"I usually do not have much time for fiction books but when my love needs me...well that is another story."

He nodded, "More like the frustrations of a clerk... She has pointed me to a website were people have vented their frustrations about idiot customers; it's rather full of anecdotes that makes one wonder about the state of humanity at times... It's a rather dark sort of comedy, really."

"The problem I think is that often the customer do not see the clerk as human they just want what they want and they want it now, never pausing to consider if it is doable and what trouble it might cause for the clerk or craftsman in question, I mean just look at how few actually give a polite nod or a good day to the woman or man behind the counter in the supermarket...in many ways we are not that different society as we once was in ancient Rome with their slaves, only now the slaves can complain online and well say no, but we do not really treat people any better."

He smiled, "Indeed, and she's got quite the store of experience to lean on, even if she might have been forced to physically slow down a little in recent decades... I expect she's a point of pride for her House."

"She is indeed a pride for House Guernicus, she is known to be fair and just though she prefer the role of advocate to that of judge. These last ten years though she have been legal advisor to the harbor master on Horizon, dealing with the legality of import, solving conflicts on the docks and dealing with ship building permits and the like, though she still take the odd criminal case, she is a good friend and a good mage."
Crexia said fondly.

(OOC: I woke up a little while ago, I check my email and such when I get up so I got a post in, then I had my regular morning routines, my spiritual works and breakfast. So it is first now I have had the time to post again.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 30  Next