Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

5 posters

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:12 am

"Thank you," he said.

Crexia just nodded at that.

"And quite helpful," he agreed. "Very well," he said, and began to gather the impressions of going home to Steelhaven, back to keeping the Chantry's shields strong while they were away, keep the bad spirits that nibbled on people and the wards from getting a foothold. He knew these ideas were more complex than the spirits would readily understand, but the task could fall into their purview, he felt. He felt a wave of homesickness as well, even in the midst of everything else. But he could not go home until all that needed to be taken care of here and at Morningstar was dealt with...yet he could send Uragi's children back where it was safer until he had need of them again. He focused his mind on that so they would have as clear a path back as he could manage for them.

The spider spirits stopped what they where doing and looked at you then they chittered happily over a new task given and vanished deeper into the Umbra, they could not understand the concepts you gave them, but they could use the associations to navigate back to Steelhaven, there where no space for them, only associations and tasks, one task here, another task there and that association would lead them home. Harry stopped and looked up at you he chittered contentedly and stomped his tiny feet a few times before he left as well, and just like that the tiny, green gaffling where gone and safely back at your Chantry.
"Helpful indeed, one day you have to tell me the story of how you managed to secure a contract with these entities Sosalis."
Crexia said and she nodded in approval when you where done sending the little spirits home.

"His 'raw ability' came at the expense of others that he exerted his cruelty over, for his enjoyments...forgive me, but it leaves a bitter taste, the 'impression' he's left on me. I do not wish to continue speaking of him now." He shook his head, then added, "Ma'am," trying to correct his rather blunt statement.

Crexia looked at you for a long while, perhaps she suspected you where the Etherite Deaconess' apprentice's reincarnation, perhaps she saw something else in your eyes but there was something there some bit of understanding and she simply nodded and declared.
"We will talk no more of the man unless there is urgent need, at least not at the moment."
She said an she pretended she had not heard your tone, it was not the way a young mage who had not yet had his Disciple degree confirmed should talk to an archmage and one of the Deacons of a powerful Chantry and again you had the feeling there would be some finger wagging from your Mentor, or perhaps in this case if he was told the reason he would just give you a hug, but it was still a breach of etiquette...Crexia though said nothing about it she did look a little concerned though.
"Your Cabalmate is taking the man's apprentice under his wing though so...it is unlikely you can avoid hearing about him in the future..."
She said and she looked concerned as if she was worried about whatever or not you would be okey.

"I think...you perhaps should measure yourself against your own goalposts, instead of those of my House or anyone else, even. Recall, it's hard to take a target down if you can't spot them. And you helped us to do just that, all the faster.

Cara nodded she still looked embarrassed but she was a bit more self confident now.
"Thank you Sodalis I...needed to hear that...I am not completely useless in this..."
She muttered and looked down at her hands.

Besides, I cannot say I find all this...easy. But together we can help one another survive. I have a feeling I will need your expertise again soon enough.

"No I would not think you find it easy Sodalis but you...are a war mage, at least you don't faint...at the sight of a fallen enemy."
She muttered then she nodded and gave a slight smile.
"I...will do what I can..."
She promised.

I saw that you got the teacup, I think I should give it over to be taken care of while we have the time?"

Cara nodded and handed you the little delicate thing, it was small, fit to serve imaginary tea to a doll, with the print of a small cottage surrounded by a flower garden on one side, the print was slightly faded the result of long hours of loving play.
"A child's toy?"
Cara asked curiously as she handed the teacup over then she thought better of it.
"No...don't tell me the less the ears in the wall of this place knows about those back home that we protect the better."
She said and shook her head. The teacup felt like Jane and you could see the sweet natured child imagining a tea party with her dolls and stuffed toys using this, she was one of those the Nephandi would destroy if they won, but if these Labyrinths where taken down perhaps little Jane would not suffer more grief than the loss of a cup from her play tea set.

Adley looked to him and said, "Not more than we have to handle. But they have been trying to deplete us...no doubt there are a few good fights to come." Then he turned his attention to trying to repair his shield and keep an eye on things.

"Yeah...I guess you are right we have to handle this. I still have my brother to think of and a grumpy old Mentor who refuse to take his Longavity potions and as such needs care as well...I can't die here."
Leon muttered.
"Not that I would call the fights good then again I am not a Nuke...ehm sorry."
He said and gave you an apologetic smile over having used your House less than favored nickname a nickname you shared with Paradox itself which helped to make it a unappreciated slur.

You tried to work your magick but you where upset and so where your Avatar and there was just nothing, you might as well have swung a dirty sock over your head and said booga booga, not that it might have worked for some mages. Perhaps this was what Kyle felt as he sat in his cell back home at Steelhaven, this impotent frustration of his magick just not responding, it certainly was not a good feeling as reality calmly ignored your attempts to command it with the brazenness one might ignore a irritating fly with.

"Very well," he nodded, turning to walk to the Chief's room.

You got back to the foul woman's offensively normal looking room William still slept peacefully, he looked allot calmer trapped in Crexia's magical sleep, as if he felt at ease for the first time since his ordeal started and you saw him breathing slowly and evenly, at least he was getting a break from the horrors of his life.

"And here I was only going to remark I would not like to have to fight an army of possessed or golem summoned teddy bears. How terribly embarrassing it would be to lose to such," he tsked, as he walked away.

Well now that would actually be...horrifying and yes loosing to that would not be something to brag about. It reminds me of those things in the cartoon I watched as a kid, where you had these huge angry bears developing from the cutest little teddy bears...I so wanted to learn Ars Spiritus and summon something like that at the time, off course I was just a first degree back then so I was stuck learning basic rituals but you know the kid in me sort of still want to."
Leon said with a bit of a grin.

(OOC: Well that is not a very magickal roll. Razz )

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 5 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:27 pm

"A woodchipper would work, fire, acid anything that destroy the body completely, it takes a long time to get back from that if not that then powerful enough anti magick will do the trick."
Crexia said and grimaced.
"But yes...I would be most cross with anyone who did that to me..."
Colin frowned, then chuckled, "Well, anyone able to sneak up on you with a concealed wood chipper would certainly elicit some measure of respect for their skills. Their judgment, perhaps not so much..."

"No a preferable state to find that man in young man would be being a helpless captive on his way into the Main Sentencing Hall, however dead is a good second."
The archmage said sternly.
He nodded, "Point."

"His 'raw ability' came at the expense of others that he exerted his cruelty over, for his enjoyments...forgive me, but it leaves a bitter taste, the 'impression' he's left on me. I do not wish to continue speaking of him now." He shook his head, then added, "Ma'am," trying to correct his rather blunt statement.
Crexia looked at you for a long while, perhaps she suspected you where the Etherite Deaconess' apprentice's reincarnation, perhaps she saw something else in your eyes but there was something there some bit of understanding and she simply nodded and declared.
"We will talk no more of the man unless there is urgent need, at least not at the moment."
She said an she pretended she had not heard your tone, it was not the way a young mage who had not yet had his Disciple degree confirmed should talk to an archmage and one of the Deacons of a powerful Chantry and again you had the feeling there would be some finger wagging from your Mentor, or perhaps in this case if he was told the reason he would just give you a hug, but it was still a breach of etiquette...Crexia though said nothing about it she did look a little concerned though.
"Your Cabalmate is taking the man's apprentice under his wing though so...it is unlikely you can avoid hearing about him in the future..."
She said and she looked concerned as if she was worried about whatever or not you would be okey.
He nodded, "Indeed, the subject is dropped for now."

He looked over at Colin as he heard himself so addressed. "That sounds very unpleasant," he said."What is that for?" he asked, looking at the monocle with a quirk of his brow.
He arched an eyebrow back at Adley, "It's a monocle. You look through it. Specifically, it lets you see the glow of magic, while the rote lasts."

Leon looked at you for a moment then his lips spread in a wide grin.
"You know...you may be right...I might think twice about breaking into that place...perhaps thrice as well."
He smiled thinly, "And hopefully decide against it, I trust?"

"And here I was only going to remark I would not like to have to fight an army of possessed or golem summoned teddy bears. How terribly embarrassing it would be to lose to such," he tsked, as he walked away.
Well now that would actually be...horrifying and yes loosing to that would not be something to brag about. It reminds me of those things in the cartoon I watched as a kid, where you had these huge angry bears developing from the cutest little teddy bears...I so wanted to learn Ars Spiritus and summon something like that at the time, off course I was just a first degree back then so I was stuck learning basic rituals but you know the kid in me sort of still want to."
Leon said with a bit of a grin.
He arched an eyebrow at Leon, "If you've read any Lovecraft, you should at least know never to conjure up anything you can't put back down... I'd suspect such a teddy might be troublesome. An army of them... why, that does not bear pondering."

((OOC: Actually, Colin spent three rolls to spot the lucky hiding spots, a few moments to look around, and a roll to see the wards - I'd say Adley should easily have time for another roll or two.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Colin frowned, then chuckled, "Well, anyone able to sneak up on you with a concealed wood chipper would certainly elicit some measure of respect for their skills. Their judgment, perhaps not so much..."

"Indeed after I had ehm...collected myself, I would make sure such a person was very sorry, and then probably apprentice them."
Crexia said with a wry grin.

He smiled thinly, "And hopefully decide against it, I trust?"

"Yes, I probably would decide against it."
Leon agreed and smiled.

He arched an eyebrow at Leon, "If you've read any Lovecraft, you should at least know never to conjure up anything you can't put back down... I'd suspect such a teddy might be troublesome. An army of them... why, that does not bear pondering."

Leon raised an eyebrow.
"So you have been fried by a Prime Bolt, poked by scorpions and quite a few other things and you still feel up to do bad puns?"
He asked then he sigh.
"Well I can not really conjure up shit, I can see spirits but that is about it, energies and thought forms those I can play with but spirits not so much but not conjuring anything one can not dismiss, well that do make allot of sense. My old Mentor might just like you Orphan."
He said and grinned.

(OOC: Hum...yeah he might have time for that yes come to think about it.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:55 pm

"Indeed after I had ehm...collected myself, I would make sure such a person was very sorry, and then probably apprentice them."
Crexia said with a wry grin.
Colin grinned, "Well, best not advertise that as a method for picking apprentices. People might get the wrong idea."

Leon raised an eyebrow.
"So you have been fried by a Prime Bolt, poked by scorpions and quite a few other things and you still feel up to do bad puns?"
He asked then he sigh.
"Well I can not really conjure up shit, I can see spirits but that is about it, energies and thought forms those I can play with but spirits not so much but not conjuring anything one can not dismiss, well that do make allot of sense. My old Mentor might just like you Orphan."
He said and grinned.
He grinned, "Always. If I were to refrain from such quips, you should be very much afraid... And I'm sure I'd like to meet your Mentor later. After I've had some rest."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:10 pm

Colin grinned, "Well, best not advertise that as a method for picking apprentices. People might get the wrong idea."

"I don't know, if someone could actually manage to take me out in such a way they might just be resourceful enough to spend the time training."
Crexia said and smiled sweetly.

He grinned, "Always. If I were to refrain from such quips, you should be very much afraid... And I'm sure I'd like to meet your Mentor later. After I've had some rest."

"Yes...well I suspect I might indeed be afraid if you should find yourself in such a mood."
Leon said then he smiled fondly.
"My Mentor live in one of the Chatries in Gary, he is quite elderly now though, many of my House choose not to extend our lives with magick, feeling that doing so rob us of some of what makes us human...I am not so sure I agree with him about that. But yes once things calm down I am sure he would love to have tea with you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:14 pm

The spider spirits stopped what they where doing and looked at you then they chittered happily over a new task given and vanished deeper into the Umbra, they could not understand the concepts you gave them, but they could use the associations to navigate back to Steelhaven, there where no space for them, only associations and tasks, one task here, another task there and that association would lead them home. Harry stopped and looked up at you he chittered contentedly and stomped his tiny feet a few times before he left as well, and just like that the tiny, green gaffling where gone and safely back at your Chantry.

Adley send them a sense of gratitude and in particular a goodbye for Harry since he had come up to him and he recognized him out of his brethren...or sistren, then the sense of going home for the now-time, to their task.

"Helpful indeed, one day you have to tell me the story of how you managed to secure a contract with these entities Sosalis." Crexia said and she nodded in approval

"I am sure there will be many stories we would like to tell..." he replied obliquely. He was not sure it would be a good time to tell that story for some while, at least.

Crexia looked at you for a long while... "We will talk no more of the man unless there is urgent need, at least not at the moment." She said an she pretended she had not heard your tone...Crexia though said nothing about it she did look a little concerned though. "Your Cabalmate is taking the man's apprentice under his wing though so...it is unlikely you can avoid hearing about him in the future..."
He nodded, "Indeed, the subject is dropped for now."

"That I know, I just...not right now," he said, unable to explain. Even if he had the liberty he wasn't sure he would, or even know how. How does one say that they felt that all happened to them in the middle of a battle, and also had been angry about it for decades? He knew, in a sort of  vague way that he was being rude and arch, but his temper was still piqued and it had no good outlets at the moment. "My apologies...I need a moment to calm down," he added, looking to Colin as well.

"Thank you Sodalis I...needed to hear that...I am not completely useless in this..." She muttered and looked down at her hands

"Not useless at all," he said.

"No I would not think you find it easy Sodalis but you...are a war mage, at least you don't faint...at the sight of a fallen enemy." She muttered then she nodded and gave a slight smile. "I...will do what I can..."

"I know you will," he replied.

Cara nodded and handed you the little delicate thing, it was small, fit to serve imaginary tea to a doll, with the print of a small cottage surrounded by a flower garden on one side, the print was slightly faded the result of long hours of loving play. "A child's toy?" Cara asked curiously as she handed the teacup over then she thought better of it. "No...don't tell me the less the ears in the wall of this place knows about those back home that we protect the better."

"Thank you," he took the cup and brought it over to Crexia. "Shall I take care of these, ma'am?" he asked, still holding the reigns on his temper.

"Yeah...I guess you are right we have to handle this. I still have my brother to think of and a grumpy old Mentor who refuse to take his Longavity potions and as such needs care as well...I can't die here." Leon muttered. "Not that I would call the fights good then again I am not a Nuke...ehm sorry."

Adley glanced at him and looked away quickly at his apology, fighting at the urge to snap at him. It was no real surprise that he flubbed his spell and that only added to his irritation. He cast around for a sense of calm within and took a deep breath before even thinking to try again.

He arched an eyebrow back at Adley, "It's a monocle. You look through it. Specifically, it lets you see the glow of magic, while the rote lasts."

"Ah, pardon. Of course. I don't generally need an item for such a working, rather like spirits but let's see if it works for me, I believe it did before."

You got back to the foul woman's offensively normal looking room William still slept peacefully, he looked allot calmer trapped in Crexia's magical sleep, as if he felt at ease for the first time since his ordeal started and you saw him breathing slowly and evenly, at least he was getting a break from the horrors of his life.

He knew all too well what William had been exposed to while he was in the Labyrinth, at Gabriel's hands. He hoped someday he could be assured that his tormentor was dead and would not touch him again. At least he had that.

"Well now that would actually be...horrifying and yes loosing to that would not be something to brag about. It reminds me of those things in the cartoon I watched as a kid, where you had these huge angry bears developing from the cutest little teddy bears...I so wanted to learn Ars Spiritus and summon something like that at the time, off course I was just a first degree back then so I was stuck learning basic rituals but you know the kid in me sort of still want to."

"I will remember that story if anyone accuses us of lacking imagination," he said.

"So you have been fried by a Prime Bolt, poked by scorpions and quite a few other things and you still feel up to do bad puns?" He asked then he sigh. "Well I can not really conjure up shit, I can see spirits but that is about it, energies and thought forms those I can play with but spirits not so much but not conjuring anything one can not dismiss, well that do make allot of sense. My old Mentor might just like you Orphan."
"Yes...well I suspect I might indeed be afraid if you should find yourself in such a mood."
Leon said then he smiled fondly. "My Mentor live in one of the Chatries in Gary, he is quite elderly now though, many of my House choose not to extend our lives with magick, feeling that doing so rob us of some of what makes us human...I am not so sure I agree with him about that. But yes once things calm down I am sure he would love to have tea with you."

"Sodalis, the fewer details in this place the better," he said to Leon, then went to work. Before anything else, he glanced around for spirits or spiritual workings. She had proven herself  a Master at them. Then he put the monocle to his eye to see if the rote would work for him, giving a wide scan before setting out for the painting.

// your call, let me know and I'll throw up a roll in the right place or not.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ooc comment)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:10 pm

Adley send them a sense of gratitude and in particular a goodbye for Harry since he had come up to him and he recognized him out of his brethren...or sistren, then the sense of going home for the now-time, to their task.

It was hard to know if the spiderlings understood a concept such as gratitude, but maybe they did for Harry lingered one moment longer and his eyes twinkled cutely and he rubbed his first two pairs of legs together in your direction, he had not done that before, then he to went back home.

"I am sure there will be many stories we would like to tell..." he replied obliquely. He was not sure it would be a good time to tell that story for some while, at least.

"And apparently many stories we would not like to tell Sodalis...and that is ok do not mind an old woman's curiosity."
Crexia said mildly as she noticed the tone in your voice.

"That I know, I just...not right now," he said, unable to explain. Even if he had the liberty he wasn't sure he would, or even know how. How does one say that they felt that all happened to them in the middle of a battle, and also had been angry about it for decades? He knew, in a sort of vague way that he was being rude and arch, but his temper was still piqued and it had no good outlets at the moment. "My apologies...I need a moment to calm down," he added, looking to Colin as well.

"I will say nothing more about it Sodalis...do what you need to ground and center yourself, you will need a clear head for what lies ahead...if any of us can achieve it that is."
Crexia said politely she did not mention anything about rudeness, she seamed to just accept that you emotions where...getting the better of your manners and said nothing more about it.

"Not useless at all," he said.

Cara gave you a relieved look at that.

"I know you will," he replied.

The Criamon nodded.
"I will try and thank you again Sodalis for...protecting my Imprints, I owe you one, I mean it."

"Thank you," he took the cup and brought it over to Crexia. "Shall I take care of these, ma'am?" he asked, still holding the reigns on his temper.

Crexia nodded she took a handkerchief with some drops of something blue on it hand handed it to you folded up.
"Yes please do and if you would burn this as well, and just see if anyone else have anything they have used to clean their scrapes with, I will cleanse this corridor when we leave but making doubly sure is a boon, we do not want to leave our blood laying about."

Adley glanced at him and looked away quickly at his apology, fighting at the urge to snap at him. It was no real surprise that he flubbed his spell and that only added to his irritation. He cast around for a sense of calm within and took a deep breath before even thinking to try again.

Leon cast you another apologetic look when he saw how angry you where, it was never wise to annoy a Flambeau after all. You could almost hear your Mentor lecturing you about remembering your roots, even the simple rituals done as a first degree, they could calm you down when you needed clarity, they where basic but far from useless, even to an Awakened mage- You do think you have the time to center yourself and try repairing your shields again.

"I will remember that story if anyone accuses us of lacking imagination," he said.

Leon gave a grin at that.

"Sodalis, the fewer details in this place the better," he said to Leon, then went to work.

The Jerbiton looked at you then he sigh.
"Yeah...I guess you are right...my bad."
He muttered.

Before anything else, he glanced around for spirits or spiritual workings. She had proven herself a Master at them.

You see no spirits but there was some wards against hostile Umbrood., specially around the woman's bedroom, and there appeared to be many bits of residue where she had gone out into the Umbra from her rooms, but there was not allot of magick in here, probably the woman had a working chamber somehere, a lab or ritual room of some sort where she did most of her Art.

Then he put the monocle to his eye to see if the rote would work for him, giving a wide scan before setting out for the painting.

"Well yes you did see energies, it was the same magick you had used when holding Colin's hand and letting him see the spirit world though your own magick, now you saw energies though his. Doing your own working would probably be better as this felt a bit alien, the Orphan's magick was different to yours after all though it did give you an insight in how your friend saw the world. You do see the warding The Orphan had seen though, and you did not need your own magick to recognize the weaving, the save that was hidden behind a painting of horses that just seamed to normal to hang on the wall of a old, sadistic Nephanda was warded with a rote that would explode, taking a good part of the wall and the contents of the safe with it if the safe door was tampered with, it was crude but effective Ignem and Vim.

(OOC: I would say Adley have one or two more rolls he can do to try to fix his shield yes, sorry about the confusion.)

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:23 am

"I don't know, if someone could actually manage to take me out in such a way they might just be resourceful enough to spend the time training."
Crexia said and smiled sweetly.
Colin grinned, "Oh, absolutely - it just might set an unpleasant precedent."

"That I know, I just...not right now," he said, unable to explain. Even if he had the liberty he wasn't sure he would, or even know how. How does one say that they felt that all happened to them in the middle of a battle, and also had been angry about it for decades? He knew, in a sort of vague way that he was being rude and arch, but his temper was still piqued and it had no good outlets at the moment. "My apologies...I need a moment to calm down," he added, looking to Colin as well.
He caight Adley's look and nodded, "Quite alright. You saw more of his... handiwork at the post office. The need for a bit of distance is understandable."

"Ah, pardon. Of course. I don't generally need an item for such a working, rather like spirits but let's see if it works for me, I believe it did before."
He smiled thinly, "We all have different ways to focus our sights. My way just happens to be inherently shareable. Some times, I wonder what might happen if I let people see the currents of air through a public window like that. Probably nothing good for me, though, so it's not liable to happen, but still..."

Leon said then he smiled fondly.
"My Mentor live in one of the Chatries in Gary, he is quite elderly now though, many of my House choose not to extend our lives with magick, feeling that doing so rob us of some of what makes us human...I am not so sure I agree with him about that. But yes once things calm down I am sure he would love to have tea with you."
"Sodalis, the fewer details in this place the better," he said to Leon, then went to work. Before anything else, he glanced around for spirits or spiritual workings. She had proven herself a Master at them.
He nodded, "My Cabalmate's right - too many details. I've slipped up too, so I've no right to chastise for it, but... nevertheless."

Then he put the monocle to his eye to see if the rote would work for him, giving a wide scan before setting out for the painting.
Well yes you did see energies, it was the same magick you had used when holding Colin's hand and letting him see the spirit world though your own magick, now you saw energies though his. Doing your own working would probably be better as this felt a bit alien, the Orphan's magick was different to yours after all though it did give you an insight in how your friend saw the world. You do see the warding The Orphan had seen though, and you did not need your own magick to recognize the weaving, the save that was hidden behind a painting of horses that just seamed to normal to hang on the wall of a old, sadistic Nephanda was warded with a rote that would explode, taking a good part of the wall and the contents of the safe with it if the safe door was tampered with, it was crude but effective Ignem and Vim.
He sighed and, as Adley examined the painting closer, opened the desk drawer. That, at least, had not looked explosive, and was likely to contain some good intel...

((OOC: Opening the drawer, of course, assumes Colin spotted no wards on it, unlike the painting. If you're ruling Colin didn't see the drawer through the monocle before calling for Adley, he ain't touching it... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:02 am

Colin grinned, "Oh, absolutely - it just might set an unpleasant precedent."

"Ah yes I will try not to make a habit of it."
Crexia said wryly.

He smiled thinly, "We all have different ways to focus our sights. My way just happens to be inherently shareable. Some times, I wonder what might happen if I let people see the currents of air through a public window like that. Probably nothing good for me, though, so it's not liable to happen, but still..."

"Well if you like Paradox that would be a good way to go about getting some. It might also Awaken a few sleepers but generally I do not think that would be a smart idea."
Leon said and raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "My Cabalmate's right - too many details. I've slipped up too, so I've no right to chastise for it, but... nevertheless."

The Jerbiton looked at you for a moment then he sigh and nodded, you where right off course giving whoever might be listening in to many details about those back home would not be good.

He sighed and, as Adley examined the painting closer, opened the desk drawer. That, at least, had not looked explosive, and was likely to contain some good intel...

The desk drawer did not appear to be warded, you open it, there you find several papers, most of them written in a language you did not understand, others where simple complaints or reports it seamed at first glance. You do see a map there though, it did not map the inner part of the Labyrinth but it did map everything else and in greater detail than Anna's hand drawn attempts. You also find a half empty bottle of the foul, green serum that would stop someone from using their magick. As Freddy a few months from now would say as she stood in your kitchen preparing a dose for Anna, how could something so creepy have such a pretty green color. There where also several syringes to use with it, as well as other office supplies, pens, a stapler, two erasing rubbers and a wad of post it notes.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:12 am

"And apparently many stories we would not like to tell Sodalis...and that is ok do not mind an old woman's curiosity."
Crexia said mildly as she noticed the tone in your voice

"Some of the latter as well...more even fall into the middle, might like to tell, alas should not."

"I will say nothing more about it Sodalis...do what you need to ground and center yourself, you will need a clear head for what lies ahead...if any of us can achieve it that is."

"Yes."

He caight Adley's look and nodded, "Quite alright. You saw more of his... handiwork at the post office. The need for a bit of distance is understandable."

He looked at him a moment and then shook his head. "Excuse me."

The Criamon nodded. "I will try and thank you again Sodalis for...protecting my Imprints, I owe you one, I mean it."

"You do not owe me anything, I was performing my duty and I am glad to help you stay safe. And...it was a unique experience, one that I am grateful for and will remember."

Crexia nodded she took a handkerchief with some drops of something blue on it hand handed it to you folded up.
"Yes please do and if you would burn this as well, and just see if anyone else have anything they have used to clean their scrapes with, I will cleanse this corridor when we leave but making doubly sure is a boon, we do not want to leave our blood laying about."

He nodded, took what she gave him and offered to trade her the bag of 'sample' from the floor. "Yes, ma'am." He went to go remove the arcane threads from the items and burn them up, looking for a spot to do so. Probably, some of the scorpion rocks could be piled to make an impromptu place.

Leon cast you another apologetic look when he saw how angry you where, it was never wise to annoy a Flambeau after all. You could almost hear your Mentor lecturing you about remembering your roots, even the simple rituals done as a first degree, they could calm you down when you needed clarity, they where basic but far from useless, even to an Awakened mage- You do think you have the time to center yourself and try repairing your shields again

He should have liked time for the lesser banishing, but there was not time, and this place not safe. But he could at least try to direct his thoughts better. He imagined that he had a cup with endless amounts of water being poured into it. At first it was good, enough to drink but it would eventually find the point of overflowing. He had to control how much water came through at once...it was a simple metaphor for his emotions. He switched the focus to fire, Similarly he had a fire and had to feed it, warmth and light were good, but not too hot. But too much fuel destroyed the fire...just enough to do what needed to be done and not more.

e smiled thinly, "We all have different ways to focus our sights. My way just happens to be inherently shareable. Some times, I wonder what might happen if I let people see the currents of air through a public window like that. Probably nothing good for me, though, so it's not liable to happen, but still..."

"Well, remember when you asked how I showed you spirits, before? This is the other way around...also, I suspect the Great Equalizer would not like you making such a window."

The Jerbiton looked at you then he sigh. "Yeah...I guess you are right...my bad." He muttered

"Just try to be careful, please, for your sakes."

You do see the warding The Orphan had seen though, and you did not need your own magick to recognize the weaving, the save that was hidden behind a painting of horses that just seamed to normal to hang on the wall of a old, sadistic Nephanda was warded with a rote that would explode, taking a good part of the wall and the contents of the safe with it if the safe door was tampered with, it was crude but effective Ignem and Vim

"Mmm...this definitely does not summon teddy bears. It's just as you thought, a bomb trap. Fire and primal energy, set to blow the entire wall out and the safe with it, if the door is tampered with...I wonder what she has in here that's so important. I also wonder if she only trapped the door..." he said. He frowned at the painting of running horses...it reminded him of his pater. "I also wonder if our sleeping friend knew how to get inside..." He squinted at the picture.

// no worries on the timing thing, there's a lot going down so I wasn't sure either - so he'll spend whatever time to see if he can calm the hell down a bit more, if that's all the rounds then that's fine, if not then he'll try to cast again.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:45 am

"Some of the latter as well...more even fall into the middle, might like to tell, alas should not."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Do not speak of things you think you should not, or do not want to to talk about just to be polite, share only what you think is right for you to share."
The old Tytalus advised.

"You do not owe me anything, I was performing my duty and I am glad to help you stay safe. And...it was a unique experience, one that I am grateful for and will remember."

"Yes it was...ehm...unique..."
Cara said and she blushed a little she was not used to letting anyone touch her Imprints and especially not by magick.
"But you did it very...respectfully you did not upset him, I appreciate that."
She said and smiled a little.

He nodded, took what she gave him and offered to trade her the bag of 'sample' from the floor. "Yes, ma'am." He went to go remove the arcane threads from the items and burn them up, looking for a spot to do so. Probably, some of the scorpion rocks could be piled to make an impromptu place.

Crexia took the bag with the sample and put it in her purse, she gave you a nod.
"Thank you Sodalis."
There where several places where the former scorpions had returned to being rocks in little piles that could easily be made into a makeshift fireplace. You see Udella come over to you.
"Sodalis are you burning the bloodies things after the fight? Here are some from me, and from a few of the others."
She said and handed you some bloody rags and handkerchiefs. You see Rosario stand and look for the next person who needed healing and she walked over to Olamide, still in a trance so her steps was a bit uneven.

He should have liked time for the lesser banishing, but there was not time, and this place not safe. But he could at least try to direct his thoughts better. He imagined that he had a cup with endless amounts of water being poured into it. At first it was good, enough to drink but it would eventually find the point of overflowing. He had to control how much water came through at once...it was a simple metaphor for his emotions. He switched the focus to fire, Similarly he had a fire and had to feed it, warmth and light were good, but not too hot. But too much fuel destroyed the fire...just enough to do what needed to be done and not more.

Your quick exercise did even out your emotions, a little or rather bought you a little more control, you had to try to come to terms with your own new memories, well not yours but they felt like yours, terrible memories, you could feel the leather straps around your own wrists fastening you to Gabriel's work bench, you could now describe exactly what a needle going into a eyeball felt like, Dylan's memories where not easy to handle and even those bad memories paled in comparison with the raging fire of emotion from your Avatar but you managed more control though the emotions was still there, threatening to overwhelm you if ever your control slipped, but you did feel calmer...for now.

"Just try to be careful, please, for your sakes."

Leon nodded.
"I will Sodalis."
He said and sigh.

(OOC: Let us say he have a chance to try once to recast his rote once he have calmed down a bit, but yes Adley is not a happy mage right now. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:37 am

"Well if you like Paradox that would be a good way to go about getting some. It might also Awaken a few sleepers but generally I do not think that would be a smart idea."
Leon said and raised an eyebrow.
"Well, remember when you asked how I showed you spirits, before? This is the other way around...also, I suspect the Great Equalizer would not like you making such a window."
Colin grinned, "Well, I didn't say I was eager to test it. Best not; Paradox is one thing, but there might be some Union issues with it, as well... And I'm not sure which would be worse."

The desk drawer did not appear to be warded, you open it, there you find several papers, most of them written in a language you did not understand, others where simple complaints or reports it seamed at first glance. You do see a map there though, it did not map the inner part of the Labyrinth but it did map everything else and in greater detail than Anna's hand drawn attempts. You also find a half empty bottle of the foul, green serum that would stop someone from using their magick. As Freddy a few months from now would say as she stood in your kitchen preparing a dose for Anna, how could something so creepy have such a pretty green color. There where also several syringes to use with it, as well as other office supplies, pens, a stapler, two erasing rubbers and a wad of post it notes.
He frowned and grabbed the map and the bottle, "Hum... a better view of the place... and I'm keeping this. Poor girl, she so hates this stuff, but... in lieu of a better way..."
He sighed and pocketed the bottle before examining the map a little more meticulously.

"Mmm...this definitely does not summon teddy bears. It's just as you thought, a bomb trap. Fire and primal energy, set to blow the entire wall out and the safe with it, if the door is tampered with...I wonder what she has in here that's so important. I also wonder if she only trapped the door..." he said. He frowned at the painting of running horses...it reminded him of his pater. "I also wonder if our sleeping friend knew how to get inside..." He squinted at the picture.
He nodded, "I was afraid it might be something like that. And you've got more experience with that area than do I; I may be good at locating the safe for its valuables inside through luck, but getting past the bomb trap might be a little more complicated. Any suggestions for bypassing the ward, or taking it apart?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:51 am

Colin grinned, "Well, I didn't say I was eager to test it. Best not; Paradox is one thing, but there might be some Union issues with it, as well... And I'm not sure which would be worse."

"Well chances are you would not have to choose if you did that, first you would get to experience the joys of Paradox and then the Technocracy would hunt your ass down and if you escape them then the Enforcers will want to have a chat with you about the Law of Shade...so yeah it would be a all round bad idea..."
Leon said and gave you a wry smile.
"If you wake up one day and feel really masochistic though, then it might be a way to get your rocks of."

He frowned and grabbed the map and the bottle, "Hum... a better view of the place... and I'm keeping this. Poor girl, she so hates this stuff, but... in lieu of a better way..."
He sighed and pocketed the bottle before examining the map a little more meticulously.

The bottle felt so normal to touch, only the small hint of magick hung over it, the liquid was thicker than most medicine you had seen and according to Kyle it burned like hell, not to mention it would be devastating for most mages since most never learned to fight by mundane means and so this would render them defenseless for twenty four hours. The map showed a intricate series of hallways and rooms, Labyrinth indeed. It seamed you had explored one corner of it though and a larger chamber that where a hub for this section where coming up, one could get to the inner section from there, you also see the room that was marked as Abigail's room on Anna's map a few turns further in, the second Node also lay close to the hub. As you where reading the map though the phone on the Chief's desk suddenly rang.

(OOC: I am going to be out for most to the day today GMing Mage for one of my groups. I will reply when I get home.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:27 am

"Yes it was...ehm...unique..." Cara said and she blushed a little she was not used to letting anyone touch her Imprints and especially not by magick. "But you did it very...respectfully you did not upset him, I appreciate that."

He nodded, "Good." He did not wish to make her uncomfortable about it. Then he said to Nancy, "Thank you as well."

There where several places where the former scorpions had returned to being rocks in little piles that could easily be made into a makeshift fireplace. You see Udella come over to you. "Sodalis are you burning the bloodies things after the fight? Here are some from me, and from a few of the others." She said and handed you some bloody rags and handkerchiefs.

"The whole area will get a treatment as well but yes I can take care of these," he said with a nod. He was careful not to get the blood on himself and added the items to the pile that he was building the rocks around. In went the cup as well as any of his own paper scraps and used spell materials that he did not wish to carry as a precaution. Adding a few twists of blank paper, he used his lighter and set to work on removing the arcane links.

"Me either," he replied.

"Found something?" he asked, looking towards him.

He nodded, "I was afraid it might be something like that. And you've got more experience with that area than do I; I may be good at locating the safe for its valuables inside through luck, but getting past the bomb trap might be a little more complicated. Any suggestions for bypassing the ward, or taking it apart?"

"Let me see if I can see how complicated this is...maybe determine if it's rigged only to the door...if not, there might be another solution, if we can avoid triggering that altogether by going straight through it. But matter is not a sphere I know...and this flesh," he made a face. He turned back to scrutinize how the spell was set up, trying to be careful not to accidentally set it off.

// Forces: 3, 3, 8 on the shield rote and Prime: 3, 6, 7 for working the arcane connections for the pile. What should I roll to determine his attempt to learn more about the trap? Would it be better to use his own rote?

Took the dog out for a day adventure, the weather couldn't make up its mind between fog, wind and hot (two out of three being normal) and somehow ended up sunburnt anyway lol. Hope you had a good time at your game, Anja.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:02 am

He nodded, "Good." He did not wish to make her uncomfortable about it. Then he said to Nancy, "Thank you as well."

Cara nodded. Nancy looked at you and gave you a bright smile.

"The whole area will get a treatment as well but yes I can take care of these," he said with a nod. He was careful not to get the blood on himself and added the items to the pile that he was building the rocks around. In went the cup as well as any of his own paper scraps and used spell materials that he did not wish to carry as a precaution. Adding a few twists of blank paper, he used his lighter and set to work on removing the arcane links.

You work the rote that Jeffry had taught you to remove arcane connections on the pile of scraps, bloodied rags and the teacup. It worked fairly well and you think you managed to remove the magickal links between the items and their owners before burning them. The porcelain cup might not be destroyed by the bonfire fire but at least it's links to Jane was now gone.

You do seen Colin putting away a bottle of the same foul green serum you had to use on Kyle to stop him from using his magick.

"Let me see if I can see how complicated this is...maybe determine if it's rigged only to the door...if not, there might be another solution, if we can avoid triggering that altogether by going straight through it. But matter is not a sphere I know...and this flesh," he made a face. He turned back to scrutinize how the spell was set up, trying to be careful not to accidentally set it off.

From what you saw looking through Colin's monocle the ward was only on the safe door, though the spell itself looked not very complicated as such, it would create an big explosion and that was about it but it was finely made. Your own magick might be able to tell you more.

(OOC: Where you then thinking about Adley fixing his own kinetic shield when you say shield rote? For that should be enough for some protection. I think that if he want to know more then rolling int plus occult if he use Colin's monocle and a regular Arcane roll to use his own magick to examine the ward would be best.)

(OOC: I am sure your dog enjoyed that. I did have fun I am not so sure the player character mages had so much fun though.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:09 pm

"Well chances are you would not have to choose if you did that, first you would get to experience the joys of Paradox and then the Technocracy would hunt your ass down and if you escape them then the Enforcers will want to have a chat with you about the Law of Shade...so yeah it would be a all round bad idea..."
Leon said and gave you a wry smile.
"If you wake up one day and feel really masochistic though, then it might be a way to get your rocks of."
Colin snorted, "At some point in the future, I'll have an angry rock after me, due to a Paradox mishap. I don't know what, how, when or why, but I'm fairly certain it won't be quite that boneheaded..."

He nodded, "A substantial quantity of the serum - I'm taking it for verification; we'll need it at home soon enough. And there's a map."

He smiled thinly, "Let me know if you figure it out - it looked like sophisticated work, and a bit more combustive than I can handle yet."

The bottle felt so normal to touch, only the small hint of magick hung over it, the liquid was thicker than most medicine you had seen and according to Kyle it burned like hell, not to mention it would be devastating for most mages since most never learned to fight by mundane means and so this would render them defenseless for twenty four hours. The map showed a intricate series of hallways and rooms, Labyrinth indeed. It seamed you had explored one corner of it though and a larger chamber that where a hub for this section where coming up, one could get to the inner section from there, you also see the room that was marked as Abigail's room on Anna's map a few turns further in, the second Node also lay close to the hub. As you where reading the map though the phone on the Chief's desk suddenly rang.
He muttered as he pocketed the bottle, "I should perhaps get myself dosed once, just to see what it's like... and perhaps it could help calm... well, no names..."
He reflexively picked up the receiver, eyes widening ever so slightly as he realized what he'd done, and held it up to his ear, giving only a slightly tired grunt in response, grimacing apologetically to Adley.

((OOC: Well, my character had a bit of an enthusiastic creative rush after that humongous Quintessence boost - but the bloody Nephandi raid and the crabby old Christaliban lady next door got a bit bothersome... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Colin snorted, "At some point in the future, I'll have an angry rock after me, due to a Paradox mishap. I don't know what, how, when or why, but I'm fairly certain it won't be quite that boneheaded..."

"A angry rock, well that is a new one. My fingers got webbing one though, that was ehm...fun for about a week or so."
Leon grumbled.
"I do not think I did anything to boneheaded at the time though, it was more from the general build up of the stuff."

He reflexively picked up the receiver, eyes widening ever so slightly as he realized what he'd done, and held it up to his ear, giving only a slightly tired grunt in response, grimacing apologetically to Adley.

A rather frighted young woman was on the other end of the line.
"Mentor please we need help we are up by the northern hub, and the Traditionalists are everywhere. Doc is trying to hold them back but it will not work for long, so many of the pawns are dead, please help. I tried to read the teams assisting the Lady up by the Caul but I could not get through."
The you woman said before pausing to take a ragged breath.
"We are going to die...I am scared Mentor...I am so scared..."

(OOC: Well then we have our poor Verbena Paradox magnet and off course the widderslainte kid who was made to question his nihilistic ideals by being told that if the world di not exist then neither would chocolate, pizza and playstation, best argument against a Fallen ever. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:28 pm

"A angry rock, well that is a new one. My fingers got webbing one though, that was ehm...fun for about a week or so."
Leon grumbled.
"I do not think I did anything to boneheaded at the time though, it was more from the general build up of the stuff."
Colin nodded, "Well, whatever it ends up being, it will apparently anger that rock, and by extension Reality, enough to suggest it will be something rather rash..."

A rather frighted young woman was on the other end of the line.
"Mentor please we need help we are up by the northern hub, and the Traditionalists are everywhere. Doc is trying to hold them back but it will not work for long, so many of the pawns are dead, please help. I tried to read the teams assisting the Lady up by the Caul but I could not get through."
The you woman said before pausing to take a ragged breath.
"We are going to die...I am scared Mentor...I am so scared..."
He sighed, then replied in a hard, cold voice, "Your Mentor is already dead; she perished quickly and with little pain... If you wish to live a little longer, I can only recommend you surrender. And thank you for the heads up."
He hung up quickly before grimacing to Adley, "We're crushing them at the northern hub; their doctor is there and fighting a losing battle... and it seems Abigail has retreated to the Caul and isn't receiving communications. The security chief's apprentice sounded desperate... poor woman..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:40 pm

Colin nodded, "Well, whatever it ends up being, it will apparently anger that rock, and by extension Reality, enough to suggest it will be something rather rash..."

"Well I guess it could be worse there are probably more dangerous things out there than an angry rock."
Leon said and grin.
"At least with Paradox life is never dull eh?"

He sighed, then replied in a hard, cold voice, "Your Mentor is already dead; she perished quickly and with little pain... If you wish to live a little longer, I can only recommend you surrender. And thank you for the heads up."

"But...but...but...she can't be!"
You hear the young woman stutter then her voice failed her and she started sobbing.
"Bastard!"
She shouted before you had the time to hand up.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:12 pm

He nodded, "A substantial quantity of the serum - I'm taking it for verification; we'll need it at home soon enough. And there's a map."

"Is there anything clean to dispense that, we might need to use it if we have prisoners later," he said, eyeing the stuff. A map...hum," he glanced over at it for magick as well, then back to the wall.

From what you saw looking through Colin's monocle the ward was only on the safe door, though the spell itself looked not very complicated as such, it would create an big explosion and that was about it but it was finely made. Your own magick might be able to tell you more.
He smiled thinly, "Let me know if you figure it out - it looked like sophisticated work, and a bit more combustive than I can handle yet.
[/quote]

'It's not overly complicated but it is very well made and the explosion would be quite big. I do think it's only on the door though, but let me see if I can unmake it without setting it off...I am wondering if we can get into the sides, top or bottom of it...or if it would be possible to try to unravel the rote and not set it off..." He took the monocle away from his eye and blinked as everything suddenly shifted vibration levels and then offered it back to Colin. "I think I will use my own method to have a look, yours works no doubt but I get insights when I use my own." Plus, it would let him see how much control he felt he had before tampering with a bomb, that was an unspoken usefulness. He stepped back a bit to work his rote to let him assess the spell more clearly.

He muttered as he pocketed the bottle, "I should perhaps get myself dosed once, just to see what it's like... and perhaps it could help calm... well, no names..." He reflexively picked up the receiver, eyes widening ever so slightly as he realized what he'd done, and held it up to his ear, giving only a slightly tired grunt in response, grimacing apologetically to Adley.
He sighed, then replied in a hard, cold voice, "Your Mentor is already dead; she perished quickly and with little pain... If you wish to live a little longer, I can only recommend you surrender. And thank you for the heads up." He hung up quickly before grimacing to Adley, "We're crushing them at the northern hub; their doctor is there and fighting a losing battle... and it seems Abigail has retreated to the Caul and isn't receiving communications. The security chief's apprentice sounded desperate... poor woman..."

Adleys's eyes widened as he picked up the phone and then his jaw dropped as Colin talked to whomever was on the other line. "What did you tell them that for?" he asked, in a shocked tone, when he hung up. Then he shook his head, "Nevermind, let's finish up here so we can join our fellows...well, good news for now, as it holds, I think our leader might like to know about that? Perhaps she too learned something from her...investigation." Still, he was glad to hear they were doing well but the call had provoked a heightened sense of urgency.

// ooc1: Yeah, it's the kinetic one you said he had a few rounds to try the kinetic sheild rote again, so I used one to calm him down and one to patch it up, if that's do-able.
ooc2: I think it's esoterica now now occult for that (occult is now all the mundane stuff iirc), but if he's gonna try to see if he can pull down the spell it might be good to use his magick anyway - 9, 3, 2
ooc3: well, coffee, chocolate, videogames and pizza ARE good reasons to save existence ; )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:41 pm

"Is there anything clean to dispense that, we might need to use it if we have prisoners later," he said, eyeing the stuff. A map...hum," he glanced over at it for magick as well, then back to the wall.

The map did not seam to be magickal, you notice that it is fairly detailed and match up with the one the little Nephanda girl had made for Colin. The inner, changing section though there not marked.

He took the monocle away from his eye and blinked as everything suddenly shifted vibration levels and then offered it back to Colin. "I think I will use my own method to have a look, yours works no doubt but I get insights when I use my own." Plus, it would let him see how much control he felt he had before tampering with a bomb, that was an unspoken usefulness. He stepped back a bit to work his rote to let him assess the spell more clearly.

You start working your rote to see the Nephandic Security Chief's trap and it came to you, perhaps not as clearly as you would have liked but it came, you saw more of the Ignem and Aurem used to weave the spell now, you think it should be possible to unmake the enchantment, but it would be a dangerous task and need a steady hand for the ward was woven well and there where several failsaves. It was only the door that was warded though, going into the safe in any other direction should not set it of.

(OOC 1: Jupp I was just making sure I understood what you meant. Then I have that noted.)

(OOC 2: Ah yes off course, sorry I am so used to the old system.)

(OOC 3: Well yes they are but it also makes little 5 year old Fallen very frustrated. I mean oblivion or chocolate, how could he possibly choose? Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:06 pm

"Well I guess it could be worse there are probably more dangerous things out there than an angry rock."
Leon said and grin.
"At least with Paradox life is never dull eh?"
Colin frowned, "I think I prefer a bit of boredom over the excitement of an angry Reality..."

He nodded, "A few syringes... they're probably clean. We'll have to check, obviously, but it looks like they're individually sealed. I'll get them, too... hand them to our healer for verification once we're done in here."

'It's not overly complicated but it is very well made and the explosion would be quite big. I do think it's only on the door though, but let me see if I can unmake it without setting it off...I am wondering if we can get into the sides, top or bottom of it...or if it would be possible to try to unravel the rote and not set it off..." He took the monocle away from his eye and blinked as everything suddenly shifted vibration levels and then offered it back to Colin. "I think I will use my own method to have a look, yours works no doubt but I get insights when I use my own." Plus, it would let him see how much control he felt he had before tampering with a bomb, that was an unspoken usefulness. He stepped back a bit to work his rote to let him assess the spell more clearly.
He nodded, "Of course; I'd expect no less - the monocle was merely to give you a quick overview immediately, so you'd have an idea of what to look for, rather than to have to go through several adjustments on the fly."

"But...but...but...she can't be!"
You hear the young woman stutter then her voice failed her and she started sobbing.
"Bastard!"
She shouted before you had the time to hand up.
He sighed, softly.

Adleys's eyes widened as he picked up the phone and then his jaw dropped as Colin talked to whomever was on the other line. "What did you tell them that for?" he asked, in a shocked tone, when he hung up. Then he shook his head, "Nevermind, let's finish up here so we can join our fellows...well, good news for now, as it holds, I think our leader might like to know about that? Perhaps she too learned something from her...investigation." Still, he was glad to hear they were doing well but the call had provoked a heightened sense of urgency.
He looked a bit bitter, "Because those Fallen are fighting a desperate fight, and if they thought reinforcements were coming, they'd likely fight even more fiercely with their backs against the wall... Take away their hope of reinforcements, and it's possible they'll yield instead... They're afraid of dying, and that... might tilt the balance in our favour."
He shook his head, "In any case, I'll naturally inform our team leader of the call, and take any reprimand she sees fit... but at least Sleeping Beauty over there shouldn't be disturbed by the phone ringing again..."
He turned the phone around and smoothly unplugged the cord, "Like so."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:39 pm

Colin frowned, "I think I prefer a bit of boredom over the excitement of an angry Reality..."

"True enough, a bit of boredom can be good, very good when compared to Paradox and fucked up Labyrinths."
Leon said then he sigh.
"Well despite it all, despite this damned war, I would not trade it away you know. I would not choose greater safety and remain a sleeper, there are costs to what we are, but there is also...so much wonder..."
The young Hermetic muttered softly.

He nodded, "A few syringes... they're probably clean. We'll have to check, obviously, but it looks like they're individually sealed. I'll get them, too... hand them to our healer for verification once we're done in here."

There where three syringes big enough to hold a 3ml dose and a few needles big enough to transfer the fairly thick liquid, they where in their original packaging. There where also one syringe that had been used laying in the drawer, it off course where not clean.

He shook his head, "In any case, I'll naturally inform our team leader of the call, and take any reprimand she sees fit... but at least Sleeping Beauty over there shouldn't be disturbed by the phone ringing again..."

William has not stirred at all from the sound of the phone, he was sleeping peacefully, his eyes movies a little behind his eyelids indicating that he was dreaming, other than that and this chest rising and falling evenly the hedge wizard had not moved since Crexia cast the spell on him to make him sleep.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:42 pm

"Good idea," he agreed.

He nodded, "Of course; I'd expect no less - the monocle was merely to give you a quick overview immediately, so you'd have an idea of what to look for, rather than to have to go through several adjustments on the fly."

After a moment, he said, "It's possible to unwweave the enchantment. However, I would rate it at very difficult; it would need someone with finesse. There are signs of both Ignem and auram. There are several failsafes, making one mistake could well set the whole thing off...perhaps a time working might mitigate harm to the individual attempting to disarm it. I do not believe I would be the best person to unmake it currently, if we take that course, though I could try if I must," he admitted with a frown. "Yet there might be another method. I see nothing that indicates the working is linked to anything but the door, so feasibly someone with matter and life ars, possibly with correspondence could break through it without setting it off, perhaps remove the safe somewhere entirely for now, though as I do not have those ars it would be beneficial to check first before trying either."

e looked a bit bitter, "Because those Fallen are fighting a desperate fight, and if they thought reinforcements were coming, they'd likely fight even more fiercely with their backs against the wall... Take away their hope of reinforcements, and it's possible they'll yield instead... They're afraid of dying, and that... might tilt the balance in our favour." He shook his head, "In any case, I'll naturally inform our team leader of the call, and take any reprimand she sees fit... but at least Sleeping Beauty over there shouldn't be disturbed by the phone ringing again..." He turned the phone around and smoothly unplugged the cord, "Like so."

"I hope you're right. The good news is, you have a tendency to be..." He sighed and rubbed a hand at the back of his neck. "I'm sorry, I know I'm snappish...it's not an excuse but my temper...Just do me a favor and don't let me do anything stupid. Ah, and...can you please tell her my thoughts on the safe?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:43 pm

"True enough, a bit of boredom can be good, very good when compared to Paradox and fucked up Labyrinths."
Leon said then he sigh.
"Well despite it all, despite this damned war, I would not trade it away you know. I would not choose greater safety and remain a sleeper, there are costs to what we are, but there is also...so much wonder..."
The young Hermetic muttered softly.
He shrugged, "I don't know that sleepers have greater safety... it's just that the nature of the dangers changes drastically, really. Sleepers still get preyed upon by vampires, Fallen, malicious spirits, and so on, and they have no defenses against that..."

There where three syringes big enough to hold a 3ml dose and a few needles big enough to transfer the fairly thick liquid, they where in their original packaging. There where also one syringe that had been used laying in the drawer, it off course where not clean.
He left the used syringe alone - too risky to handle, on the whole...

After a moment, he said, "It's possible to unwweave the enchantment. However, I would rate it at very difficult; it would need someone with finesse. There are signs of both Ignem and auram. There are several failsafes, making one mistake could well set the whole thing off...perhaps a time working might mitigate harm to the individual attempting to disarm it. I do not believe I would be the best person to unmake it currently, if we take that course, though I could try if I must," he admitted with a frown. "Yet there might be another method. I see nothing that indicates the working is linked to anything but the door, so feasibly someone with matter and life ars, possibly with correspondence could break through it without setting it off, perhaps remove the safe somewhere entirely for now, though as I do not have those ars it would be beneficial to check first before trying either."
He nodded, "Good; I believe there are some most useful items inside, both in terms of short-term and long-term intel as well as possibly talismans to control the defenses in the Labyrinth, and perhaps other devices..."

"I hope you're right. The good news is, you have a tendency to be..." He sighed and rubbed a hand at the back of his neck. "I'm sorry, I know I'm snappish...it's not an excuse but my temper...Just do me a favor and don't let me do anything stupid. Ah, and...can you please tell her my thoughts on the safe?"
He smiled, "You are fire, son. It's not a bad thing to be, so long as you can control it, but it does mean those around you need to make a few allowances in stressed situations. And I'll try to restrain you as necessarily; I know one young lady who would flense me if I didn't."
He nodded, "Right, we've been spending enough time, I suppose - best not risk her mind getting lost entirely..."

He frowned and stepped back into the corridor to check on Crexia, to see if she'd frozen too hard in place...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next