Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

5 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Colin nodded, "And I know just the lich to ask..."

"You know one of their number, I have to say I am impresses liches are quite rare."
Jurgen said as he glanced over at you.
"Few are willing to sacrifice as much for immortality."

He frowned, "Nothing comes to mind - though I should like to get a CT scan fairly shortly afterwards, to see how much if any residue is left after a single dose. And for that, obviously, I would need some lich blood to mix with the contrast fluid."

"Well there are a good Sons of Ether run clinic on Horizon young man I think they have a CT machine, one of my students fell and hit his head once I do think that is one of the tests they ran before and after healing him to make sure all was as it should."
Udella said. Crexia raised an eyebrow over the last part.
"Lich blood, why would you need that to mic with, what did you call it contrast fluid? What are such a fluid for?"
She asked then she sigh.
"Technically speaking we do not have blood, we have the potion we made for the transformation our bodies produce more of it naturally and it is part of what keep us animated...I could probably help you out however only with the strongest assurances that my ehm...blood is not left unattended and whatever is left is properly destroyed such would make a very strong arcane connection to the core of my very being."
The old Tytalus said sternly to emphasize just how little she wanted any of the fluid that kept her animated to go unaccounted for.

He shrugged, "Someone to bring in reinforcements quickly when the time comes would be very useful. Aside from that... we'll talk later, alright?"

"I have a Cabal and a strong Coven I might be able to talk them into helping when the time comes."
Andy offered.

He frowned, "Yes, well, I suppose Gabriel would have liked that whip only temporarily. He was a man of many... particular tastes. But he is dead now, and not a concern until he reincarnates...

"Yeah well Gabriel is or was then I guess an asshole but he was a strong mage, then again I guess I am also an asshole so I do not have much right to complain, his widderslainte will be one fucked up kid though."
Matty mumbled.

As for marshmallows and puppies, I wouldn't be all that surprised if there was an area of the Labyrinth filled with those, either for the mindfuckery or for a barbecue."

"Well there might be some marshmallows in the kitchen come to think of it, and while there are no puppies we have a pair of werbears, a cat and a couple of those disturbingly adorable little mini parrots I forget the name of...will that do however my point was my faction are not know for being sweet and kind."
The prisoner said and sigh.

He shrugged, "I don't know if it will be bad, but I wouldn't be surprised. You're rather a unique situation."
And then the pain began...

Matty just looked at you for a moment and grimaced before Crexia and her group started their ritual and the young Nephanda started screaming.

Colin grimaced and flung the sachet at the Umbrood, envisioning a spear to impale the malicious spirit, "Pilum ex malomagia!"

You hit the spirit pretty much center mass it was fully manifested so the Prime spear burned through it and looked quite horrible form the corrupted Quintessence, like a bleeding, puss filled wound in reality, the spirit screamed in pain and stopped advancing on Adley for a moment as it turned to look at you, it screamed again and looked from you to your Cabalmate not able to decide who to attack first but then it fully turned towards you and started oozing towards you, deciding you where a bitter threat or a bigger asshole at the moment.

(OOC: Yeah there is that about social agility but I am sure I can make the game work for my group anyway. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 17 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Adley Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:18 pm

He lurched aside as the angry spirit rushed at him, feeling less a skilled matador and more of an unlucky person that accidently teleported into the middle of the running of the bulls in Spain. There was going to be no pirouetting ballet-style fuckery this fight, he was tired and in pain and this thing radiating hate at him in the form of oaths that he hadn't known could be worded in Enochian. As it went by he desperately swung at it. Then Colin's spell ripped it a new one. Adley recovered in its moment of indecision, then it turned its ire on his friend for putting a gaping hole in it. As the thing moved for Colin, Adley wound up to strike at it again.

// @Warp, Did Colin addressed him? While he was dealing with the avatar, I thought Adley would be mostly focused on keeping its attention. I figure he'd miss some of the conversing that was going on around him for it but caught things here and there, like the end about the serum, though after he and Crexia talked he probably put more together but hadn't a chance to say anything. Thank you though, I do miss things often enough, so if I did, let me know. Also lol, dark joke about puppy BBQs...poor puppies. I laughed and was like hahah-aww man xD

melee: 3, 7 ,7, 6, 2, 7; 0, 3, 0, 9, 9, 1; 6, 4, 5, 2, 3, 6 - I don't know if he'll get three rounds of fighting this thing, but I'll be out for the afternoon so I put up some rolls. The first one is from the round he attacked him, miss I assume with 2 modifier. Third one if it happens also misses. Second is the round it goes after Colin looks it would get 3 sux @diff 7 but it at least got one. I'm assuming the actual physical damage on the artifacts are negligible anyway, but the spell discharges?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:47 pm

You swing as the spirit as it rush towards you but you just can not get your body to move quickly enough, it was aching all over and you felt sluggish, then as the horrid Umbrood turned to go after Colin and you struck at it again you hit, and you hit it good, there was almost like an electrical discharge as the enchanted flyswatter made contact with the manifested spirit and it howled in pain. Now the foul thing was indecisive again, both you and Colin had hurt it and it could not fully decide who to go after.

Adjan stepped in and joined into the fray, he rolled his bone dice in his hands and whispered something as he looked at the foul spirit and again it screamed.
"Let us keep it busy until the Masters can deal with it."
The Euthanathos called, you saw that Crexia and Udella was working on it but they where exhausted from the earlier ritual and building power for a new spell took a little time.

You got a third swing at the creature but you missed the Umbrood, it seamed to have decided to continue towards Colin. Olamide begun to cast something, her hands moving quickly and elegantly as she spoke words in Coptic demanding the creature leave this place...another banishment, might might weaken it in time. Leon leveled his gun at the manifested spirit and pressed of a round again the foul creature screamed, Olamide gave the young Hermetic a look as she continued her chanting.
"What, the thing is manifested it can be hurt by physical things..."
The Jerbiton replied and shrugged.

Andy pulled her weapon as well and aimed she placed a precise shot in the center of the attacking Umbrood and it cursed at her and screamed in pain but while it was clear the thing was taking damage it was not slowing down, not yet at least.

(OOC: Well they are Nephandi puppy BBQ are probably a thing alongside babies.. Yes the spell on the flyswatter discharges and comes into effect when Adley hits. I think it is likely he did not caught everything that was being said he was busy trying to negotiate with a being that could have ripped the whole group to shred after all, there are no limits to the power of an Avatar. Enjoy your afternoon.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:45 pm

With the Tobias situation under control, Tane was thinking on what to do next, and how the morphine had to be his next priority, as he saw Morgan come up in a much worse shape than him. Goodnight Master Morgan. IS everything alright? Need a hand?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:52 pm

Jeffry stopped when he sees you then he sigh.
"No not really, it is just a prisoner that refuse to cooperate, the man you brought in with the stab wound to his hand, he is polite, reasonably calm but have shut up tight as a clam, it is hard to get anything out of him, and what we need now is information on Lisa Larson's bloody Labyrinth."
The old Hermetic said sounding frustrated then he rubbed at his eyes.
"Sorry it have been a long week, everything is alright Mr Karyak just the regular frustrations."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:36 pm

"You know one of their number, I have to say I am impresses liches are quite rare."
Jurgen said as he glanced over at you.
"Few are willing to sacrifice as much for immortality."
Colin grinned, "I actually met her during the very troubles in which I met Anna... The good lady is remarkably cunning and experienced - you may have heard of her, the good Lady Crexia, currently of House Tytalus?"

"Well there are a good Sons of Ether run clinic on Horizon young man I think they have a CT machine, one of my students fell and hit his head once I do think that is one of the tests they ran before and after healing him to make sure all was as it should."
Udella said. Crexia raised an eyebrow over the last part.
"Lich blood, why would you need that to mic with, what did you call it contrast fluid? What are such a fluid for?"
She asked then she sigh.
"Technically speaking we do not have blood, we have the potion we made for the transformation our bodies produce more of it naturally and it is part of what keep us animated...I could probably help you out however only with the strongest assurances that my ehm...blood is not left unattended and whatever is left is properly destroyed such would make a very strong arcane connection to the core of my very being."
The old Tytalus said sternly to emphasize just how little she wanted any of the fluid that kept her animated to go unaccounted for.
He smiled to Crexia, "I would not dream of suggesting to exclude you from the examination if you were to donate the necessary sample. Contrast fluid is something used for certain medical scans, to make it easier to see things which should not be there - in this case, particles of Primium in the brain tissue, which needs lich blood as a catalyst. I'll explain in more detail later."

"I have a Cabal and a strong Coven I might be able to talk them into helping when the time comes."
Andy offered.
He nodded, "Thank you. I will keep you posted, then, as operational security will allow."

"Well there might be some marshmallows in the kitchen come to think of it, and while there are no puppies we have a pair of werbears, a cat and a couple of those disturbingly adorable little mini parrots I forget the name of...will that do however my point was my faction are not know for being sweet and kind."
The prisoner said and sigh.
He grimaced, "The werebears... past tense. They were so unlucky as to run into my team. The cat and the birds, those we just might be able to save and rehome."

You hit the spirit pretty much center mass it was fully manifested so the Prime spear burned through it and looked quite horrible form the corrupted Quintessence, like a bleeding, puss filled wound in reality, the spirit screamed in pain and stopped advancing on Adley for a moment as it turned to look at you, it screamed again and looked from you to your Cabalmate not able to decide who to attack first but then it fully turned towards you and started oozing towards you, deciding you where a bitter threat or a bigger asshole at the moment.
He lurched aside as the angry spirit rushed at him, feeling less a skilled matador and more of an unlucky person that accidently teleported into the middle of the running of the bulls in Spain. There was going to be no pirouetting ballet-style fuckery this fight, he was tired and in pain and this thing radiating hate at him in the form of oaths that he hadn't known could be worded in Enochian. As it went by he desperately swung at it. Then Colin's spell ripped it a new one. Adley recovered in its moment of indecision, then it turned its ire on his friend for putting a gaping hole in it. As the thing moved for Colin, Adley wound up to strike at it again.
You swing as the spirit as it rush towards you but you just can not get your body to move quickly enough, it was aching all over and you felt sluggish, then as the horrid Umbrood turned to go after Colin and you struck at it again you hit, and you hit it good, there was almost like an electrical discharge as the enchanted flyswatter made contact with the manifested spirit and it howled in pain. Now the foul thing was indecisive again, both you and Colin had hurt it and it could not fully decide who to go after.

Adjan stepped in and joined into the fray, he rolled his bone dice in his hands and whispered something as he looked at the foul spirit and again it screamed.
"Let us keep it busy until the Masters can deal with it."
The Euthanathos called, you saw that Crexia and Udella was working on it but they where exhausted from the earlier ritual and building power for a new spell took a little time.

You got a third swing at the creature but you missed the Umbrood, it seamed to have decided to continue towards Colin. Olamide begun to cast something, her hands moving quickly and elegantly as she spoke words in Coptic demanding the creature leave this place...another banishment, might might weaken it in time. Leon leveled his gun at the manifested spirit and pressed of a round again the foul creature screamed, Olamide gave the young Hermetic a look as she continued her chanting.
"What, the thing is manifested it can be hurt by physical things..."
The Jerbiton replied and shrugged.

Andy pulled her weapon as well and aimed she placed a precise shot in the center of the attacking Umbrood and it cursed at her and screamed in pain but while it was clear the thing was taking damage it was not slowing down, not yet at least.
He grimaced as the thing showed no signs of slowing down much, "Bloody hell, that thing's tougher than it has any right to be..."
He drew up a gun and squeezed off a shot, hoping not to hit any allies with flyswatters.

((OOC: So, one cautiously pointed bullet for the spirit, aiming to err on the side of caution if he misses. Dex+Firearms: 2,5,8. So, one success, that's 4L: 2,5,6,9 - two Lethal for monsieur.))

((OOC2: Colin addressed Adley in the third post from the bottom - this was right after the Quiet moment, and as Colin came back from his vision. Probably about at the same time as Adley finished up his personal wards, before Matty came a-running.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:12 am

Several people were trying to hold off the spirit now but even altogether they didn't seem to be doing too much to it, at least it was confused and annoyed by where it should put its energy into attacking. After missing again, he tried to see if he could get into a flanking position to keep the thing confused over who to target. He struck out again it, hoping that the others were about to kick it back to the plane where it came from.

// ack sorry I did not see part of your reply Warp - I see the part where he says 'future me helped' on pg 14 then about the fireworks display, is that where I missed? Embarassed

melee: 3, 3, 7, 9, 4, 9

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:36 am

Colin grinned, "I actually met her during the very troubles in which I met Anna... The good lady is remarkably cunning and experienced - you may have heard of her, the good Lady Crexia, currently of House Tytalus?"

"Hum...yes I might have heard about the woman indeed, she lives in Chicago do she not but originally lead a Chantry in Brasil?"
Jurgen asked.
"I did not know she was a lich though...hum..."

He smiled to Crexia, "I would not dream of suggesting to exclude you from the examination if you were to donate the necessary sample.

"Very well I would like to see the result of that examination, I am willing to donate such a sample as long as anything left over from it are responsibly destroyed."
Crexia said and nodded.

Contrast fluid is something used for certain medical scans, to make it easier to see things which should not be there - in this case, particles of Primium in the brain tissue, which needs lich blood as a catalyst. I'll explain in more detail later."

"Hum...I see I have never heard of such examinations then again there is a very long time since I visited a mundane doctor, very well you can explain things better later."
She said and nodded graciously.

He nodded, "Thank you. I will keep you posted, then, as operational security will allow."

Andy nodded.
"Very well."
Was all she had to say to that.

He grimaced, "The werebears... past tense. They were so unlucky as to run into my team. The cat and the birds, those we just might be able to save and rehome."

"I see that is a shame such creatures can be hard to find."
Matty muttered.
"I guess it is good the animals will not just be left here."

He grimaced as the thing showed no signs of slowing down much, "Bloody hell, that thing's tougher than it has any right to be..."
He drew up a gun and squeezed off a shot, hoping not to hit any allies with flyswatters.

Andy grimaced as she took aim again.
"Well you did not think it would be easy did you Sir?"
She commented wryly. You aimed at the spirit and shot at it, one of it's arms that had been hit by several attacks seamed to be a little wonky now and it made a sound that indicated it was not happy, before it shouted things at you that you did not need to know Enochian to understand and continued towards you, taking a good swing as you as soon as it reached you, it did not really have a mouth, but up close you saw hundreds of tiny openings with razor sharp spikes all around it's body you probably do not want to be hit by.

Several people were trying to hold off the spirit now but even altogether they didn't seem to be doing too much to it, at least it was confused and annoyed by where it should put its energy into attacking. After missing again, he tried to see if he could get into a flanking position to keep the thing confused over who to target. He struck out again it, hoping that the others were about to kick it back to the plane where it came from.

You moved just as the thing went for Colin, the spirit managed to take a swing at the Orphan but then you get your attack in and you hit it in the side, the Umbrood screamed in pain and turned to attack you as well, it continued to defile Enochian by it's words as it did so and you felt your Avatar becoming just a tad bit annoyed at it's antics, so to it appeared that the Sea Elemental that was with Udella was feeling irritated for you could see it in the Umbra attacking the manifested Umbrood from her side something that made the thing stop mid attack and hiss at the other spirit. The Sea spirit did not enjoy her native language so treated and she was not happy, at least that gave you a few moments to act as the two spirits faced off.

Several of the other magi either fired at the manifested Umbrood or cast spells at it and it was weakening...a little but it was still going and it apparently still wanted you and Colin dead first, at least attacking it was having an effect but man was it a durable critter.

(OOC: Warp I assume you want to roll dodge. Strife you do not need to roll as the spirit stopped mid attack when the Sea spirit decided she had enough of his profanities in Enochian, quite enough. Also sorry for my late reply I fell asleep on the sofa last night. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:13 am

Could there be something from the place that maybe we rought and has some value to him? Something to use as a carrot to get the answers we need? Tane asked, trying to help
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:35 am

"He did not have much with him, his clothes and some personal items, a phone if that is what that shiny slab is, some jewelry, a few bits and pieces but little I think is of allot of personal value to him."
Jeffry said and shook his head.
"We could try to offer him more comfort since he is currently tied to a wall fixture but beyond that I am not really sure what we can offer him."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:51 pm

"Hum...yes I might have heard about the woman indeed, she lives in Chicago do she not but originally lead a Chantry in Brasil?"
Jurgen asked.
"I did not know she was a lich though...hum..."
Colin nodded, "That is the one. She's a remarkable woman, really - and she makes commendable effort to retain her mental flexibility. I apprenticed her for a while, you know, in a mundane craft."

"Very well I would like to see the result of that examination, I am willing to donate such a sample as long as anything left over from it are responsibly destroyed."
Crexia said and nodded.
He nodded, "You will have full view of the whole process, I promise."

"I see that is a shame such creatures can be hard to find."
Matty muttered.
"I guess it is good the animals will not just be left here."
He shrugged, "I think I would prefer to meet ones that don't walk the Black Spiral. I wonder, though, whether their being hard to find is more due to their ability to conceal themselves among humans, or their actually being rare? As for the mundane animals... they are blameless, and unless they've been magically altered, there is no reason to kill or harm them."

Andy grimaced as she took aim again.
"Well you did not think it would be easy did you Sir?"
She commented wryly. You aimed at the spirit and shot at it, one of it's arms that had been hit by several attacks seamed to be a little wonky now and it made a sound that indicated it was not happy, before it shouted things at you that you did not need to know Enochian to understand and continued towards you, taking a good swing as you as soon as it reached you, it did not really have a mouth, but up close you saw hundreds of tiny openings with razor sharp spikes all around it's body you probably do not want to be hit by.
He grinned, "Perish the thought. But it's a soldier's prerogative to complain, is it not? One of the truest things I ever learned from infantrymen."

((OOC: Ack, dodge comes to 7,8,9,9,0... Holy crap, Rudolf Nurejev in the house! Shocked ))

((OOC2: Bah, sorry, got a bit rushed when indicating the comment. *My* third post from the bottom of page *16*. Colin told Adley the attack on Steelhaven Hall comes on January 2nd. Visiting my parents for a few days - post frequency is one thing, but I also now have two parental disturbances who interrupt my typing flow with offers of food and demands for my presence at served meals. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:48 pm

Colin nodded, "That is the one. She's a remarkable woman, really - and she makes commendable effort to retain her mental flexibility. I apprenticed her for a while, you know, in a mundane craft."

"That is quite a honor to be allowed to teach someone so old and renowned, even in a mundane ability or craft. Hum I have seen more flexibility in the brains of elder magi who make an effort to learn new things and develop themselves, conscious effort can help slow down the stagnation that often comes with advanced age."
Jurgen said and nodded.

He nodded, "You will have full view of the whole process, I promise."

Crexia nodded at that.
"Good then this is agreeable to me."

He shrugged, "I think I would prefer to meet ones that don't walk the Black Spiral.

"Well they are fluffier and less you know scabbed..."
Matty said and shrugged.

I wonder, though, whether their being hard to find is more due to their ability to conceal themselves among humans, or their actually being rare?

"It have to do with the werewolves nearly hunting them into extinction long ago or so I hear it told, something about the werewolves being angry that the bears would not resurrect their fallen warriors or some such...I don't know the werewolf I heard this from was pretty drunk at the time so I do not know how reliable the story is."
The Nephands said and frowned.

As for the mundane animals... they are blameless, and unless they've been magically altered, there is no reason to kill or harm them."

"I doubt they have been, I think the woman who own that cat I mentioned might have enchanted it to make the walls less likely to eat it, but generally they are just pets."

He grinned, "Perish the thought. But it's a soldier's prerogative to complain, is it not? One of the truest things I ever learned from infantrymen."

"Yeah well it is one way to let steam out."
Andy said with a grin as she fired on the foul spirit and hit it in the side, it roared and swung at her and the Verbena narrowly ducked out of the way. You however quite elegantly sidestepped the swing that came towards you, making it look for anyone who might be watching as if you had everything under perfect control and was just toying with the Umbrood.
"Show of..."
Andy said with a wry grin.

You do see the Sea spirit, still looking like a noble, Greek lady swing at the manifested Umbrood again though she really where not happy with it. The Umbrood parried the attack from the Umbra with his arm but he was momentarily quite distracted by the powerful spirit's attack.

(OOC: And Colin get to store one success away for later. Enjoy your stay at your parents. I am going to go and visit my mother soon, not for two weeks though but when I do there might be some days I can not post for if the weather is good we are going camping.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:09 pm

He turned to Adley, "Also, the attack comes on the second of January. Now we can prepare to defend our home... set up an ambush, perhaps."

He gave Colin a brief side-look as he was addressed, a subtle nod. "Attack...ah...I see, it seems we will have much to discuss," he said, as it clicked. The Union...Colin must have seen something in the future again.

You do see the Sea spirit, still looking like a noble, Greek lady swing at the manifested Umbrood again though she really where not happy with it. The Umbrood parried the attack from the Umbra with his arm but he was momentarily quite distracted by the powerful spirit's attack.

After Colin moved like a dancer, even with an injured leg, to get out of the way of the nasty thing, he went for another swing at it glad that his friend had evaded the attack. Around him bullets hailed on it and it kept cursing. The sound of it was annoying him, he couldn't imagine an avatar having to suffer being grafted to that, apparently not even a Fallen one wanted that. Something like the spirit version of Diego...

// @Warp: aha! Found it, I /did/ miss that one, sorry about that. And don't worry, I'm the one that missed it in the first place. I hope you have a nice time visiting!

melee: 5, 6, 2, 8, 5, 7, 5 - miss I believe unless diff is 6

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:29 pm

After Colin moved like a dancer, even with an injured leg, to get out of the way of the nasty thing, he went for another swing at it glad that his friend had evaded the attack. Around him bullets hailed on it and it kept cursing. The sound of it was annoying him, he couldn't imagine an avatar having to suffer being grafted to that, apparently not even a Fallen one wanted that. Something like the spirit version of Diego...

You swung at the most unfriendly Umbrood with a flyswatter and it howled in pain and flailed around for a moment it was still able to fight though despite all the damage it had taken, but then the two Master Hermetics cast the spell they had been working on, the Umbrood fought...swore and then it was gone, there was a moment of uneasy, as if you felt something of the dreadful place that was it's home, a horrid place of darkness and decay, but the portal was soon closed behind it as it was well and truly banished, Olamide did not even have to use her own rote, weakened as it was by all the damage it had taken, while it could still move and fight it had not been a match for the two elder magae.

There was a almost empty feeling once the Umbrood was gone, so much had happened and all at once, Matty was making pained noises on the floor, there was a rustling of weapons and sighs of relief. Andy called out over the gathering of magi.
"Are anyone hurt?"
No one but Matty seamed to be though. It was a feeling there of waiting for something bad to happen and yet it was silent...well far more quiet than it had been at least.
"It is gone...everyone take two minutes to replenish personal wards and shields and catch your breath."
Crexia ordered then she turned to Colin and glanced at Matty on the floor.
"Do you think you can get her mobile young man or do we need to ask for transport for her, I do not want to tax the teleporters if I do not have to but with her powerful soul we can not just kill her and we made a deal with her Avatar to end it's suffering however nor can we carry her around."

While Crexia spoke with Matty the sea elemental came over to you, she was still in the Umbra but you could see her and she was still indignant, Udella was the one who commanded her but she seamed to have sensed your connection to languages so she decided you where the one to complain to.
"That...spirit, treating our language in such a way it is not acceptable, not acceptable as all, it is quite an outrage!"
The fine Greek lady exclaimed in Enochian.
"I am most displeased about it!"

(OOC: And there we finally have enough successes for Crexia and Udella, having a big dice pool do not always equal rolling high. Yes you hit the diff is 6 that spirit is a big, slow moving monstrosity it is not that hard to swat. Ohhh my cat wants the earrings laying on the table I better run and stop her before she eat them Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:33 pm

"That is quite a honor to be allowed to teach someone so old and renowned, even in a mundane ability or craft. Hum I have seen more flexibility in the brains of elder magi who make an effort to learn new things and develop themselves, conscious effort can help slow down the stagnation that often comes with advanced age."
Jurgen said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "Very much so - I suppose it didn't hurt that I practice a dying craft, in a fashion. Not that many silversmiths around anymore, I'm afraid - the handcraft's been going out of vogue for a few decades."

He gave Colin a brief side-look as he was addressed, a subtle nod. "Attack...ah...I see, it seems we will have much to discuss," he said, as it clicked. The Union...Colin must have seen something in the future again.
He nodded, "We'll be getting a bit of rest in a bubble before we head home - there are some things we need to discuss. Us two, and the two most senior of our team."

"Well they are fluffier and less you know scabbed..."
Matty said and shrugged.
He smiled wryly, "And presumably a little less liable to, you know, destroy the world. I can't let that happen, after all; the world is where I keep all my stuff."

"It have to do with the werewolves nearly hunting them into extinction long ago or so I hear it told, something about the werewolves being angry that the bears would not resurrect their fallen warriors or some such...I don't know the werewolf I heard this from was pretty drunk at the time so I do not know how reliable the story is."
The Nephands said and frowned.
He frowned, "I'm sure the rationale seemed sound at the time."

"Yeah well it is one way to let steam out."
Andy said with a grin as she fired on the foul spirit and hit it in the side, it roared and swung at her and the Verbena narrowly ducked out of the way. You however quite elegantly sidestepped the swing that came towards you, making it look for anyone who might be watching as if you had everything under perfect control and was just toying with the Umbrood.
"Show of..."
Andy said with a wry grin.

He shrugged, never taking his eyes off the spirit, "Yes, well, this thing is strong and tough, but not so agile, it seems. Which means that it might not hit all that often, but it only needs to hit the once..."

You swung at the most unfriendly Umbrood with a flyswatter and it howled in pain and flailed around for a moment it was still able to fight though despite all the damage it had taken, but then the two Master Hermetics cast the spell they had been working on, the Umbrood fought...swore and then it was gone, there was a moment of uneasy, as if you felt something of the dreadful place that was it's home, a horrid place of darkness and decay, but the portal was soon closed behind it as it was well and truly banished, Olamide did not even have to use her own rote, weakened as it was by all the damage it had taken, while it could still move and fight it had not been a match for the two elder magae.
He raised the gun to fire again, and the thing vanished, "And good riddance... Capital work, Masters."

There was a almost empty feeling once the Umbrood was gone, so much had happened and all at once, Matty was making pained noises on the floor, there was a rustling of weapons and sighs of relief. Andy called out over the gathering of magi.
"Are anyone hurt?"
No one but Matty seamed to be though. It was a feeling there of waiting for something bad to happen and yet it was silent...well far more quiet than it had been at least.
"It is gone...everyone take two minutes to replenish personal wards and shields and catch your breath."
Crexia ordered then she turned to Colin and glanced at Matty on the floor.
"Do you think you can get her mobile young man or do we need to ask for transport for her, I do not want to tax the teleporters if I do not have to but with her powerful soul we can not just kill her and we made a deal with her Avatar to end it's suffering however nor can we carry her around."
He looked down at Matty, pocketing the gun, "I'm not sure... The bindings induce an excessive amount of pain on top of the... spiritual surgery you just performed, and she got a solid dose of painkillers."
He knelt down and tried to raise her up in at least a sitting position, glancing over at Andy and Rosario, "Healers, what do you think?"

((No problem. And Maude would probably find earrings hard on her digestion.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:00 pm

Colin nodded, "Very much so - I suppose it didn't hurt that I practice a dying craft, in a fashion. Not that many silversmiths around anymore, I'm afraid - the handcraft's been going out of vogue for a few decades."

"A silversmith...yeah I guess most things you find in jewelry shops looks like they have been made by a machine, I needed silver parts for a tool I was building a while ago and it was hard to find someone able to make something custom for me."
Jurgen said and scratched his head.
"Well it is good someone is keeping the old craft alive."

He smiled wryly, "And presumably a little less liable to, you know, destroy the world. I can't let that happen, after all; the world is where I keep all my stuff."

"The world sucks fuck the world."
Matty said bitterly.
"And no uncorrupted werebears are gentle giants they are healers or so I hear, and apparently have the ability to wake the dead but they hardly ever do..."
She added and shrugged.

He frowned, "I'm sure the rationale seemed sound at the time."

"Or the rationale was that the werewolves where pissed and wanted someone to take it out on, not a new story really."
The Nephanda said wryly.

He shrugged, never taking his eyes off the spirit, "Yes, well, this thing is strong and tough, but not so agile, it seems. Which means that it might not hit all that often, but it only needs to hit the once..."

"Well yeah that I what I am concerned about, I sure as hell would not want to be hit by that thing and find out what those little beaks or whatever it is the bloody thing have all over it's body is."
Andy said as she took aim again.

He raised the gun to fire again, and the thing vanished, "And good riddance... Capital work, Masters."

Crexia gave you a bit of a tired nod and a slight smile as she helped a pale Udella down onto the floor so the aging maga could rest for a few moments.
"Foul thing."
The Tytalus muttered.

He looked down at Matty, pocketing the gun, "I'm not sure... The bindings induce an excessive amount of pain on top of the... spiritual surgery you just performed, and she got a solid dose of painkillers."

"I fear the spiritual...surgery...as you call it might be far more overwhelming that the restraints though I do not like using them, see what you can do if you please."
Crexia said as she attended to Udella and gave the old Quesitor a sip from a bottle of water.

He knelt down and tried to raise her up in at least a sitting position, glancing over at Andy and Rosario, "Healers, what do you think?"

Matty at least was not trashing anymore but her skin was cowered by a thin sheen of sweat and she was not able to fully focus her eyes, you could sit her up but she was hurting badly and she was in shock, you could feel her shaking as you touched her and she felt a bit cold, you think that if you let go of her she would fall right back down and her head was slowly moving back and forth as she mad soft noises of distress. Andy hunched down beside Matty and checked her pulse and took out her phone so she could use it's flashlight function and check the Nephanda's eyes.
"Hum...she is not in a good condition her puls is very rapid, she is in shock and should be under a doctor or a healer's care in a bed, perhaps a stimulant of some sort could get her to her feet but she would need constant supervision I am not sure how aware of her surroundings she will be until the pain she is in subsides...I can heal her bruises but her Avatar and whatever those bindings do to her, I just are not competent to do anything about that."
The Verbena said and shook her head.

(OOC: Yeah I would not want her to chew on it and risk swallowing tiny sharp parts...and off course in chasing after her she drops the earring like a caltrop and I step on it. I guess cat 1 me 0. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:25 pm

"A silversmith...yeah I guess most things you find in jewelry shops looks like they have been made by a machine, I needed silver parts for a tool I was building a while ago and it was hard to find someone able to make something custom for me."
Jurgen said and scratched his head.
"Well it is good someone is keeping the old craft alive."
Colin smiled, "I may not be as... active as a silversmith anymore, but I still do take commissions. Do feel free to come around, should you need some custom work done."

"The world sucks fuck the world."
Matty said bitterly.
"And no uncorrupted werebears are gentle giants they are healers or so I hear, and apparently have the ability to wake the dead but they hardly ever do..."
She added and shrugged.
He shrugged, "See, that attitude about the world is where our opinions differ. I think it's still worth saving and improving on. It's not all so broken that it can't be fixed - not for your side's lack of trying."

"Or the rationale was that the werewolves where pissed and wanted someone to take it out on, not a new story really."
The Nephanda said wryly.
He grimaced, "That's usually considered a sound rationale until the aftermath."

"I fear the spiritual...surgery...as you call it might be far more overwhelming that the restraints though I do not like using them, see what you can do if you please."
Crexia said as she attended to Udella and gave the old Quesitor a sip from a bottle of water.
He nodded, "She chose the barbs over the serum, though, and I'm fresh out of other options, even if she is out of it... The alternative is unbinding her and unleashing her magic, which will likely be painful for her for a while, but not so much so as to render her harmless..."

Matty at least was not trashing anymore but her skin was cowered by a thin sheen of sweat and she was not able to fully focus her eyes, you could sit her up but she was hurting badly and she was in shock, you could feel her shaking as you touched her and she felt a bit cold, you think that if you let go of her she would fall right back down and her head was slowly moving back and forth as she mad soft noises of distress. Andy hunched down beside Matty and checked her pulse and took out her phone so she could use it's flashlight function and check the Nephanda's eyes.
"Hum...she is not in a good condition her puls is very rapid, she is in shock and should be under a doctor or a healer's care in a bed, perhaps a stimulant of some sort could get her to her feet but she would need constant supervision I am not sure how aware of her surroundings she will be until the pain she is in subsides...I can heal her bruises but her Avatar and whatever those bindings do to her, I just are not competent to do anything about that."
The Verbena said and shook her head.
He sighed and looked up at Crexia, "Well, that rather settles it - she'll have to be sent home for better care... untie her first and let them restrain her better at the Chantry?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Colin smiled, "I may not be as... active as a silversmith anymore, but I still do take commissions. Do feel free to come around, should you need some custom work done."

"I will remember that Mr Wainwright. I work with machines that tap into and manipulate frequencies they need very specific components of specific materials to work, sometimes those materials are silver, to get the resistance just right you know."
Jurgen said and gave you a bright smile.

He shrugged, "See, that attitude about the world is where our opinions differ. I think it's still worth saving and improving on. It's not all so broken that it can't be fixed - not for your side's lack of trying."

"Well it seams our side have taken a loss today...the would is still going to be unmade though, sooner or later it is just the way of things."
Matty said with confidence in her voice as she smirked at you.

He grimaced, "That's usually considered a sound rationale until the aftermath."

"Yes...far to often that is indeed the case."
Matty said then she shrugged.
"Well it is none of my business really the furballs can kill one another all day long for all it concerns me."

He nodded, "She chose the barbs over the serum, though, and I'm fresh out of other options, even if she is out of it... The alternative is unbinding her and unleashing her magic, which will likely be painful for her for a while, but not so much so as to render her harmless..."

"I do not think the pain of those bindings matter allot right now, she is in a far grater agony, it is the same as not worrying about a stubbed tow if your arm is being slowly sawed off...though I might be mistaken I have not had the misfortune of feeling the effect those bindings, in either case I agree with you her magick have to be restrained somehow and if she choose this over the serum then I think her wishes should be respected."
Andy said and frowned.
"Pain is not everything."

He sighed and looked up at Crexia, "Well, that rather settles it - she'll have to be sent home for better care... untie her first and let them restrain her better at the Chantry?"

"No keep the restraints on yes I do not think she will be able to cause trouble in her current state but I do not want to take any chances."
Crexia said then she fished up her phone.
"If you can check around if anyone else needs to be evacuated and I will call our teleporters and request a portal."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:55 pm

"I will remember that Mr Wainwright. I work with machines that tap into and manipulate frequencies they need very specific components of specific materials to work, sometimes those materials are silver, to get the resistance just right you know."
Jurgen said and gave you a bright smile.
He grinned, "Just keep in mind I can afford to charge a bit more creatively now than I did in Boston - I find that cash to be a bit cruder in exchange for such service nowadays. You might end up owing me a favour."

"Well it seams our side have taken a loss today...the would is still going to be unmade though, sooner or later it is just the way of things."
Matty said with confidence in her voice as she smirked at you.
He shrugged, "The Principle of Entropy suggests you may be right. But to be honest, I suspect that has happened several times already, and the world has been replaced by something different. I figure the cycle of creation and unmaking is going to repeat itself until a perfect world arises. Whether by fixing the imperfect and making the world better, or by your kind unraveling it all and the process starting all over again. Either way, I'm one of the people who will try to make things better, so I would like to see my side come out victorious, just as you would like the Fallen to succeed."

"I do not think the pain of those bindings matter allot right now, she is in a far grater agony, it is the same as not worrying about a stubbed tow if your arm is being slowly sawed off...though I might be mistaken I have not had the misfortune of feeling the effect those bindings, in either case I agree with you her magick have to be restrained somehow and if she choose this over the serum then I think her wishes should be respected."
Andy said and frowned.
"Pain is not everything."
He nodded, "No, it's not everything, but it would certainly act as a force multiplier, I think. When I was released from the hospital, the pain wasn't debilitating, but it certainly didn't help with the real problems I had the first few years..."

"No keep the restraints on yes I do not think she will be able to cause trouble in her current state but I do not want to take any chances."
Crexia said then she fished up her phone.
"If you can check around if anyone else needs to be evacuated and I will call our teleporters and request a portal."
He snapped to a crisp salute, "Won't be a moment, ma'am."
He quickly headed back the way they'd come, to look for the cat, speaking softly, "Oh, Rikka, where are you? Here, kitty, kitty..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:24 am

He nodded, "We'll be getting a bit of rest in a bubble before we head home - there are some things we need to discuss. Us two, and the two most senior of our team."

"I am quite sure we will need it," he agreed. "As you wish," he said with another nod.

"Are anyone hurt?"

He gave a rough sigh of relief and half muttered 'thank god' as the thing was kicked out, not that he enjoyed the taste of wherever it had come from. The quiet could not even be enjoyed for the sensation it left in its wake and Matty's sounds of pain, but he glanced around at the others to see if they were okay. He gave Andy an 'ok' sign and pointed at himself.

"It is gone...everyone take two minutes to replenish personal wards and shields and catch your breath." Crexia ordered
"That...spirit, treating our language in such a way it is not acceptable, not acceptable as all, it is quite an outrage!"
The fine Greek lady exclaimed in Enochian. "I am most displeased about it!"

"Yes, ma'am," he said, fighting at the urge to sit down. As he was about to work on his shields again, the water elemental started to speak to him. He looked up at her as she she bemoaned the awfulness of the spirit. "I agree, it was a most foul and disgraceful creature, I am very glad that it is gone from thisnow and thisplace. Thank you for your assistance in helping us be rid of them."

"Perhaps we should also consider the person that we have in the Chief's office?" he requested, thinking of William.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:05 am

He grinned, "Just keep in mind I can afford to charge a bit more creatively now than I did in Boston - I find that cash to be a bit cruder in exchange for such service nowadays. You might end up owing me a favour."

"That seams to be fair enough and if I need such custom work done again I would not mind owing a favor in exchange for having what I need created."
Jurgen said and nodded.

He shrugged, "The Principle of Entropy suggests you may be right. But to be honest, I suspect that has happened several times already, and the world has been replaced by something different. I figure the cycle of creation and unmaking is going to repeat itself until a perfect world arises.

"Well even if we get a new world, this one still go down and we will end up with something better for this is one shitty world."
Matty said and frowned.
"I am ok with there coming a new world as long as this one is destroyed."

Whether by fixing the imperfect and making the world better, or by your kind unraveling it all and the process starting all over again. Either way, I'm one of the people who will try to make things better, so I would like to see my side come out victorious, just as you would like the Fallen to succeed."

"Yeah that's why it is called a war I guess."
Matty said and shrugged.
"We all want something different for the world."

He nodded, "No, it's not everything, but it would certainly act as a force multiplier, I think. When I was released from the hospital, the pain wasn't debilitating, but it certainly didn't help with the real problems I had the first few years..."

"I get that and it probably is not helping I was just saying that if something hurt so badly it can not be described in words a lesser pain might not really be felt compared to it, in either case those bindings are not a good thing."
Andy said and nodded in agreement.

He snapped to a crisp salute, "Won't be a moment, ma'am."
He quickly headed back the way they'd come, to look for the cat, speaking softly, "Oh, Rikka, where are you? Here, kitty, kitty..."

Crexia gave you a slight nod. You got around the corner the corridor you had gotten in through. You heard soft steps behind you Leon was there he looked rather tired.
"No one should go anywhere alone."
Was all he said. You soon found the cat, he sat washing one of his back paws eying you a bit suspiciously but then standing up once it realized you did not look dangerous. The small, stocky cat started going figure eights around your legs and purring, the animal was lovable and trusting.

He gave a rough sigh of relief and half muttered 'thank god' as the thing was kicked out, not that he enjoyed the taste of wherever it had come from. The quiet could not even be enjoyed for the sensation it left in its wake and Matty's sounds of pain, but he glanced around at the others to see if they were okay. He gave Andy an 'ok' sign and pointed at himself.

Andy nodded at you then her eyes continued to go over the gathered magi to see if anyone else was hurt, no one seamed to be, but some, especially the spirit magi was extremely tired, Udella looked like she had spent every bit of strength she had and she was sitting on the ground breathing heavily, all in all you had been lucky though, no one was seriously hurt save Matty herself.

"Yes, ma'am," he said, fighting at the urge to sit down. As he was about to work on his shields again, the water elemental started to speak to him. He looked up at her as she she bemoaned the awfulness of the spirit. "I agree, it was a most foul and disgraceful creature, I am very glad that it is gone from thisnow and thisplace. Thank you for your assistance in helping us be rid of them."

The water elemental nodded.
"The foul spirit is gone and that is indeed good, he was most disrespectful and I am not pleased at him not at all."
She complained then she nodded when you thanked her and walked over to Udella still muttering under her ehm...breath in annoyance over the rudeness of the other Umbrood much like a stern school teacher might walk around muttering angrily about a rude, unbecoming student, then she sat down beside the Quesitor sand seamed to be concerned with helping the other maga recovering.

"Perhaps we should also consider the person that we have in the Chief's office?" he requested, thinking of William.

"Ah yes off course...thank you Sodalis...we have to go back that direction anyway, very well we will rest for a few moments to catch our breath and renew our protection then we will move back to the Labyrinth's Chief's office and send for a portal there, then move on the the Caul chamber and deal with this foulness for good."
Crexia announced with a nod of thanks in your direction for reminding her of William then she put her phone away for now and started working on her own protections, even ancient liches needed them at times."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:16 am

"That seams to be fair enough and if I need such custom work done again I would not mind owing a favor in exchange for having what I need created."
Jurgen said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "I'm sure we can work something out."

"Well even if we get a new world, this one still go down and we will end up with something better for this is one shitty world."
Matty said and frowned.
"I am ok with there coming a new world as long as this one is destroyed."
He arched an eyebrow, "You're the first Fallen I've spoken to who has accepted a new world rising from the nothingness, rather than eternal nothingness..."

"Ah yes off course...thank you Sodalis...we have to go back that direction anyway, very well we will rest for a few moments to catch our breath and renew our protection then we will move back to the Labyrinth's Chief's office and send for a portal there, then move on the the Caul chamber and deal with this foulness for good."
Crexia announced with a nod of thanks in your direction for reminding her of William then she put her phone away for now and started working on her own protections, even ancient liches needed them at times."
He shrugged, "I was meaning to retrieve him, as well, on the assumption it won't take a kiss from a prince to wake the sleeping beauty - fresh out of those, I'm afraid - but I suppose coming back here with the cat and taking everyone with us to pick the poor fellow up will do just as well."

Crexia gave you a slight nod. You got around the corner the corridor you had gotten in through. You heard soft steps behind you Leon was there he looked rather tired.
"No one should go anywhere alone."
Was all he said. You soon found the cat, he sat washing one of his back paws eying you a bit suspiciously but then standing up once it realized you did not look dangerous. The small, stocky cat started going figure eights around your legs and purring, the animal was lovable and trusting.
He gently picked the cat up, giving it a few scritches behind the ears, "That's a good boy, I'm afraid your mummy won't see you again, but your grandmum wanted me to make sure you get a good, long life in safety."
He turned to nod to Leon, "Right, then, back to join up with the others, and make our way back to the proverbial lion's den... I trust your wards are in place?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:28 am

Colin nodded, "I'm sure we can work something out."

Jurgen nodded at that and smiled.
"I am sure we will. I will keep it in mind Sir."

He arched an eyebrow, "You're the first Fallen I've spoken to who has accepted a new world rising from the nothingness, rather than eternal nothingness..."

"Yeah well it is this world I have a problem with, not the next manifestation of the Tree of Life when this world have become Qlippothic fragments like so many words before it."
Matty said and shrugged.
"Perhaps the next world will be better."

He shrugged, "I was meaning to retrieve him, as well, on the assumption it won't take a kiss from a prince to wake the sleeping beauty - fresh out of those, I'm afraid - but I suppose coming back here with the cat and taking everyone with us to pick the poor fellow up will do just as well."

"I would not want any one of us to move around in the Labyrinth alone. No you can shake the boy awake he is just sleeping deeply but it is better that we go to retrieve him as a group."
Crexia said and frowned.

He gently picked the cat up, giving it a few scritches behind the ears, "That's a good boy, I'm afraid your mummy won't see you again, but your grandmum wanted me to make sure you get a good, long life in safety."

The cat maued happily at you when you lifted him, his coat was healthy and shiny, he was well fed and was clearly a well cared for, much loved pet. The animal looked at you when you spoke to him, he did not understand you off course but he did look at you then rubbed his head on your hand to entice more petting.

He turned to nod to Leon, "Right, then, back to join up with the others, and make our way back to the proverbial lion's den... I trust your wards are in place?"

Leon nodded at that.
"Yeah my wards are in place and I am ready to go."
He said though he looked rather tired.
"Let us be done with this whole mess."
He said as he reached on a hand to pet the cat.
"A kitty is not what I would have expected to find down here."
He commented as he begun to head back towards the rest of the group.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:37 am

"Yeah well it is this world I have a problem with, not the next manifestation of the Tree of Life when this world have become Qlippothic fragments like so many words before it."
Matty said and shrugged.
"Perhaps the next world will be better."
Colin sighed, "Babies and bathwater, in my opinion..."

"I would not want any one of us to move around in the Labyrinth alone. No you can shake the boy awake he is just sleeping deeply but it is better that we go to retrieve him as a group."
Crexia said and frowned.
He nodded, "Be right back once I find the cat, then."

The cat maued happily at you when you lifted him, his coat was healthy and shiny, he was well fed and was clearly a well cared for, much loved pet. The animal looked at you when you spoke to him, he did not understand you off course but he did look at you then rubbed his head on your hand to entice more petting.
Colin obliged with a sad smile, providing pettings and scritches as he carried the cat back toward the others.

Leon nodded at that.
"Yeah my wards are in place and I am ready to go."
He said though he looked rather tired.
"Let us be done with this whole mess."
He said as he reached on a hand to pet the cat.
"A kitty is not what I would have expected to find down here."
He commented as he begun to head back towards the rest of the group.
He gave Leon a wry smile, "Remember, the Fallen are still quite human - only a few of them have abandoned their humanity entirely, and one peculiar human trait is the need for someone to love. Even Abigail loves her apprentices and her flowers, and the poor girl who owned Rikki here was not even Fallen herself, only her mother was... I visited a deceased Technocrat's apartment the other day for a prisoner extraction; he, too, had a cat. Never forget that our enemies are as human as we are; thinking of them as something less than that will... well, suffice to say, that's one very easy way to turn into a monster..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:08 pm

Colin sighed, "Babies and bathwater, in my opinion..."

"Sometimes something drastic have to be done."
The young Nephanda said and shrugged.
"This world have to perish but it seams ensuring that it do will no longer be my job..."
She added sadly.

He nodded, "Be right back once I find the cat, then."

"Very well but be careful."
Crexia said and nodded then she turned to Leon.
"If you are not to tired from the working we just did Sodalis then please go with him I do not want anyone of us to walk around in these hallways alone."
The archmage ordered Leon nodded and gave Crexia a bit of a bow before he headed after you.

Colin obliged with a sad smile, providing pettings and scritches as he carried the cat back toward the others.

Rikka purred contentedly and closed his large yellow eyes his tail gently swung back and forth and now and again he would look up to see that you where not taking him to close to the walls, the cat knew what was dangerous in the Labyrinth, he was a very trusting animal though so none of the Nephandi could have treated him poorly, the walls though, those he was skeptical of.

He gave Leon a wry smile, "Remember, the Fallen are still quite human - only a few of them have abandoned their humanity entirely, and one peculiar human trait is the need for someone to love. Even Abigail loves her apprentices and her flowers, and the poor girl who owned Rikki here was not even Fallen herself, only her mother was...

"I know but it is so hard to visualize a big bad Nephandus tending to a small animal pet, but I guess you are right, even the Nephandi have human parts to them, it makes it allot harder to hunt them down and exterminate them though, even if this Labyrinth have to be so eradicated."
Leon said as he petted the cat, the animal being quite happy with three hands petting him.

I visited a deceased Technocrat's apartment the other day for a prisoner extraction; he, too, had a cat. Never forget that our enemies are as human as we are; thinking of them as something less than that will... well, suffice to say, that's one very easy way to turn into a monster..."

"I get it with the Technocracy, they are our enemies yes but at the core they to want what is best for this world we just happen to disagree on what that best is. I have observed my Mentor negotiate prisoner exchanges with Union men, but Nephandi, they want to destroy this world to make it nothing, they are harder to wrap my head around."
The young Hermetic protested.

You got bad to the Northern hub the cat opened his eyes and looked around excitedly, then he looked confused and sad as he clearly expected his mistress to be here and he looked disheartened when he did not see her and he gave a sore meu to call for his mistress.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next