Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

5 posters

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Adley Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:57 pm

"Ah yes off course...thank you Sodalis...we have to go back that direction anyway, very well we will rest for a few moments to catch our breath and renew our protection then we will move back to the Labyrinth's Chief's office and send for a portal there, then move on the the Caul chamber and deal with this foulness for good."
He shrugged, "I was meaning to retrieve him, as well, on the assumption it won't take a kiss from a prince to wake the sleeping beauty - fresh out of those, I'm afraid - but I suppose coming back here with the cat and taking everyone with us to pick the poor fellow up will do just as well."
"I would not want any one of us to move around in the Labyrinth alone. No you can shake the boy awake he is just sleeping deeply but it is better that we go to retrieve him as a group."
Crexia said and frowned.
He nodded, "Be right back once I find the cat, then."

He nodded to them then went back to working on putting his shield back up until they moved again. It felt a slower process overall, the dense matter of his body was making him feel as if his being were weighed down. He was tired and that pain that was everywhere was making it harder to concentrate. But at least his mind was back where it should be, in the now, thanks to Colin and Udella. Matty's soul had been put back where it belonged - well, as much as they could rectify it's state anyway, though Matty. They were all still very much alive.

// kinetic shield - 3, 3, 4; 8, 0, 3; - I put up a couple, let me know how many rounds there are here in this part of the scene or if they're going to move over there how many there if there are any : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:10 pm

It took you a little while to get going, focusing was hard and controlling your magick was not easy you desperately needed rest, but there was still so much to do, it had been one hell of a week and it was beginning to take it's toll, eventually your small ritual with it's familiar words and gestures helped you relax a little, settle into the working and then Quintessence flowed much easier and reality begun to obey your words, your shield where beginning to take form.

Once you where done with your working you saw Colin and Leon return, your Cabalmate holding a small cat in his arms. Crexia helped Udella back up to her feet.
"Ok it is time to move, back towards the Security Chief's room, those who where not originally with my group just follow us."
The old Tytalus said.

Adjan came over to you once he saw you where done working.
"Hello my friend, are you alright?"
He asked concerned over your Quiet and over how pale you probably looked, the Euthanatos himself looked rather worse for wear, he was drenched in blood and considering how much skin on his face and neck was fresh, pink and new and the injuries still left on his face that blood was probably his, he still gave you a smile though.
"Are you able to continue?"

(OOC: I would think he gets another roll inn before they go, the shield will get up but you have time to roll one more time to strengthen it. Aldley have set up that kinetic shield so many times I think the working to do so should not take to long.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:29 pm

"Ok it is time to move, back towards the Security Chief's room, those who where not originally with my group just follow us." The old Tytalus said.

"Very well," he said, glad that Colin seemed to be fine. He raised an eyebrow at the cat. It seemed ordinary enough, so ordinary it made it extraordinary in such a place they were in.

Adjan came over to you once he saw you where done working. "Hello my friend, are you alright?" He asked concerned over your Quiet and over how pale you probably looked, the Euthanatos himself looked rather worse for wear, he was drenched in blood and considering how much skin on his face and neck was fresh, pink and new and the injuries still left on his face that blood was probably his, he still gave you a smile though.

"We could all use a rest but yes," he said, looking over at him. He frowned at the scar again, it had been the last face he'd seen before his mind had decided to take a vacation for him for a while. "I am able to continue...I was brought back to myself, thankfully so we could perform our duties properly. I have been told there is more work for me to do," he added with a wry smile. "There is much I wish to discuss with you but not here. So I will ask if are you alright? That looks like it hurt," he added with some concern, though he didn't want to bring attention to it if he didn't wish to discuss it. "I am very glad to see you and our other chantrymates," he added. Suddenly, he could almost hear Arto teasing him about fussing over people and he felt like laughing.

// 2, 3, 0 - so that should make 3 sux at diff 6 with the 2 mod

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:32 pm

"Sometimes something drastic have to be done."
The young Nephanda said and shrugged.
"This world have to perish but it seams ensuring that it do will no longer be my job..."
She added sadly.
Colin nodded, "Oh, something drastic has to be done, that much I agree with. But doing something destructive is... well, it hasn't worked out well in the past. Still, perhaps this time around I can actually manage to leave a productive legacy..."

"Very well but be careful."
Crexia said and nodded then she turned to Leon.
"If you are not to tired from the working we just did Sodalis then please go with him I do not want anyone of us to walk around in these hallways alone."
The archmage ordered Leon nodded and gave Crexia a bit of a bow before he headed after you.
He smiled wryly, "I'd not be too worried about myself. Fate, it seems, is setting me up for too much grief and work to let me get killed here and now... But yes, I should like the company, all the same."

"I know but it is so hard to visualize a big bad Nephandus tending to a small animal pet, but I guess you are right, even the Nephandi have human parts to them, it makes it allot harder to hunt them down and exterminate them though, even if this Labyrinth have to be so eradicated."
Leon said as he petted the cat, the animal being quite happy with three hands petting him.
He frowned, "In many ways, it makes them easier to hunt down - you can make a few good guesses as to what a human will do, which is greatly different from some great, alien monster. As for exterminating them... It might make it harder in the here and now, but trust me, I've seen soldiers suddenly realize that they've not killed some faceless other, but human beings. Getting that epiphany after the fact is brutal... there's a reason why so many combat veterans need psychiatric help. Well, several reasons, but that one is a pretty big one..."

"I get it with the Technocracy, they are our enemies yes but at the core they to want what is best for this world we just happen to disagree on what that best is. I have observed my Mentor negotiate prisoner exchanges with Union men, but Nephandi, they want to destroy this world to make it nothing, they are harder to wrap my head around."
The young Hermetic protested.
He nodded, "The Fallen are Nihilists, in the most extreme form of the philosophy. They believe that the world is so fundamentally broken as to necessitate its unmaking. Understanding what they want is easy, even if understanding the why of it is a little more alien to our way of thinking. Once you accept what their ultimate objective is, though, fighting them becomes a lot simpler - you can start guessing accurately at what they'll try, to piece together their plans from scraps... they may have an insane endgame, but they're moving toward it in a quite rational and calculated manner, and that is as much a weakness as a strength."

You got bad to the Northern hub the cat opened his eyes and looked around excitedly, then he looked confused and sad as he clearly expected his mistress to be here and he looked disheartened when he did not see her and he gave a sore meu to call for his mistress.
He frowned and scritched Rikki under the chin, looking around for Dalett Vega, wondering if she had already been sent away... "Sorry, son, but your mum isn't here anymore..."

Adjan came over to you once he saw you where done working.
"Hello my friend, are you alright?"
He asked concerned over your Quiet and over how pale you probably looked, the Euthanatos himself looked rather worse for wear, he was drenched in blood and considering how much skin on his face and neck was fresh, pink and new and the injuries still left on his face that blood was probably his, he still gave you a smile though.
He frowned and stepped over toward Adjan and Adley, lowering his voice, "Ah, I must thank you for the loan of the pistol - it's served impeccably so far. But I must ask you for a small favour once you return to the Chantry here... there's a young girl in the infirmary, a Fallen girl barely in her teens. When you drop by, would you kindly offer her a little moral support? She's terribly frightened as it is, and her medical condition is poor, but a kind word from you, even if a little morbid, will calm her down. Just don't let on I sent you, though. It's a little complicated."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:05 pm

"Very well," he said, glad that Colin seemed to be fine. He raised an eyebrow at the cat. It seemed ordinary enough, so ordinary it made it extraordinary in such a place they were in.

The cat maued but it made not effort to get out of Colin's grip it looked and behaved like a loved pet. You noticed Olamide glance at the cat and casting a quick Intelligo Vim rote glancing at the cat then she nodded and said to Colin.
"There appear to be some sort of ward on the animal, my guess it keeps it away from the dangerous parts of the walls or keep it away from the cat, other than that it is just a ordinary, mundane cat what I can tell."

"We could all use a rest but yes," he said, looking over at him. He frowned at the scar again, it had been the last face he'd seen before his mind had decided to take a vacation for him for a while.

"Yes rest would be welcome, I fear there is much to do before any of us can relax though."
The Euthanathos said and frowned.

"I am able to continue...I was brought back to myself, thankfully so we could perform our duties properly. I have been told there is more work for me to do," he added with a wry smile.

"That is good to hear."
The death magus said then he smiled slightly.
"Yes these damned Nephandi are keeping us busy."

"There is much I wish to discuss with you but not here. So I will ask if are you alright? That looks like it hurt," he added with some concern, though he didn't want to bring attention to it if he didn't wish to discuss it.

"No this is not a place for discussion it is a place to clear out, do our tasks and then burn."
Adjan said darkly then he touched in face and gave a wry smile.
"Well I have felt more comfortable sensations to say it like that...the Verbena healer with my group."
The Euthanathos pointed at Andy.
"Saved my life, it is fine I will get what is left treated when we are back at Morningstar, it do make me wonder when last I got a tetanus shot though."

"I am very glad to see you and our other chantrymates," he added. Suddenly, he could almost hear Arto teasing him about fussing over people and he felt like laughing.

"Yeah Fra...ehm my Traditionmate is well she have not been injured during the fighting, not beyond a few bumps and bruises."
Adjan said and nodded towards Francesca who stood with some of the others doing some quick adjustments to her gun. Adjan turned to you again he looked tired so did Francesca, and more than just physical fatigue, considering their Tradition it had probably fallen to them to...deal with wounded enemies along the way and none of the two death magi took lightly to such a duty.
"Anyway I just wanted to make sure you where alright my friend."
He said and patted you lightly on the shoulder then he added with a wry smile.
"Also be thankful the Verbena healer do not speak Latin."
He said sounding amused, referring to some of the things you had said during your Quiet.

Colin nodded, "Oh, something drastic has to be done, that much I agree with. But doing something destructive is... well, it hasn't worked out well in the past. Still, perhaps this time around I can actually manage to leave a productive legacy..."

Matty gave you a confused look and raised an eyebrow.
"I am afraid you lost me there Traditionalist."

He smiled wryly, "I'd not be too worried about myself. Fate, it seems, is setting me up for too much grief and work to let me get killed here and now... But yes, I should like the company, all the same."

"Never trust fate young man, she can be quite fickle."
Crexia warned.
"The future is never set so your life is not guaranteed so do take my young Sodalis here with you for safety."
She insisted.
"And both of you be careful."
She urged and Leon nodded.
"I will be Ma'am."

He frowned, "In many ways, it makes them easier to hunt down - you can make a few good guesses as to what a human will do, which is greatly different from some great, alien monster. As for exterminating them... It might make it harder in the here and now, but trust me, I've seen soldiers suddenly realize that they've not killed some faceless other, but human beings. Getting that epiphany after the fact is brutal... there's a reason why so many combat veterans need psychiatric help. Well, several reasons, but that one is a pretty big one..."

"I guess you are right...but I mean considering what we do to these guys if we take them alive...I mean we have two women in there we are sending to Horizon they will be...that is hard to do to someone if you see the humanity in them."
Leon said then he suddenly paled and looked rather green.
"Oh shit if things had gone just a bit differently I would have assisted in a...I would be a Soulrender...I...shit..."
He muttered softly and he looked rather uncomfortable.

He nodded, "The Fallen are Nihilists, in the most extreme form of the philosophy. They believe that the world is so fundamentally broken as to necessitate its unmaking. Understanding what they want is easy, even if understanding the why of it is a little more alien to our way of thinking. Once you accept what their ultimate objective is, though, fighting them becomes a lot simpler - you can start guessing accurately at what they'll try, to piece together their plans from scraps... they may have an insane endgame, but they're moving toward it in a quite rational and calculated manner, and that is as much a weakness as a strength."

"I guess you are right, even so their motivation is creepy as shit. I guess that is why we have to take them down at all costs but I mean...it is scary, and it is...terrifying to think that any mage could be like them, if we Fall I mean I...can not imagine ever wanting the world to end like they do...though I guess knowing their motivations might give us an advantage in fighting them."
Leon said a bit hesitantly and scratched his head.

He frowned and scritched Rikki under the chin, looking around for Dalett Vega, wondering if she had already been sent away... "Sorry, son, but your mum isn't here anymore..."

Dalett and her pawn was still there, towards a corner of the room with non dangerous wall organs, they where sitting on the floor, bound and under guard by three magi from Morningstar who's names you did not know. Rikka rubbed his head against your hand but he still seamed to be looking for his mistress looking a bit sad when he did not see her, he could not understand that she was gone, but he could probably smell her and yet she was not here.

He frowned and stepped over toward Adjan and Adley, lowering his voice, "Ah, I must thank you for the loan of the pistol - it's served impeccably so far.

Adjan turned towards you and gave you a tired smile and a nod.
"I am pleased to hear it, I do try to keep my weapons in good working order."
He said proudly.

But I must ask you for a small favour once you return to the Chantry here... there's a young girl in the infirmary, a Fallen girl barely in her teens. When you drop by, would you kindly offer her a little moral support? She's terribly frightened as it is, and her medical condition is poor, but a kind word from you, even if a little morbid, will calm her down. Just don't let on I sent you, though. It's a little complicated."

"Very well that should be no trouble, I am going to have to head up to the infirmary anyway to get my face tended to I will talk with her then...poor kid I heard a Nephandi child had been captured."
Adjan agreed with a smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:29 pm

"Well I have felt more comfortable sensations to say it like that...the Verbena healer with my group." The Euthanathos pointed at Andy. "Saved my life, it is fine I will get what is left treated when we are back at Morningstar, it do make me wonder when last I got a tetanus shot though."

"I am thankful for that," he said, though he was unsure if Adjan felt the same, having discussed Fran's restoration earlier. But he could not help being glad that he was alive, they needed them for the fight. And he was his friend.

"Yeah Fra...ehm my Traditionmate is well she have not been injured during the fighting, not beyond a few bumps and bruises."
Adjan said and nodded towards Francesca who stood with some of the others doing some quick adjustments to her gun. Adjan turned to you again he looked tired so did Francesca, and more than just physical fatigue, considering their Tradition it had probably fallen to them to...deal with wounded enemies along the way and none of the two death magi took lightly to such a duty.

He nodded and then looked over to Fran as well, raising a brief hand to her.

Anyway I just wanted to make sure you where alright my friend." He said and patted you lightly on the shoulder then he added with a wry smile. "Also be thankful the Verbena healer do not speak Latin."

"Thank you, I appreciate it," he said and grasped his arm a moment. Then he looked embarrassed. "I probably should still apologize for that..." He rubbed a hand through the back of his hair. "But you know what, I did learn things, even then. I am fortunate though to have such good friends and people, for one."

He frowned and stepped over toward Adjan and Adley, lowering his voice, "Ah, I must thank you for the loan of the pistol - it's served impeccably so far. But I must ask you for a small favour once you return to the Chantry here... there's a young girl in the infirmary, a Fallen girl barely in her teens. When you drop by, would you kindly offer her a little moral support? She's terribly frightened as it is, and her medical condition is poor, but a kind word from you, even if a little morbid, will calm her down. Just don't let on I sent you, though. It's a little complicated."

He looked over at Colin as he approached them and gave him a nod. "You're alright?" he asked, then quieted as he talked to Adjan about, he presumed, Anna.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:41 pm

"I am thankful for that," he said, though he was unsure if Adjan felt the same, having discussed Fran's restoration earlier. But he could not help being glad that he was alive, they needed them for the fight. And he was his friend.

"I had not started crossing over, my Tradition is not against healing or for that matter any life saving medical treatment, it is not the same...Master N...our Chantry's main healer are so powerful he could rip my Traditionmate from the arms of death or as close as one get but he still saved her, my life was saved yes but I was not dragged out of crossing over."
Adjan explained hearing the hesitation in your voice and guessing at your concern.
"I am grateful to the healer for being able to stay alive for a while longer."
He said and smiled.

He nodded and then looked over to Fran as well, raising a brief hand to her.

Francesca looked up from putting her gun back together and waved at you and gave you a tried but friendly smile before she continued with what she was doing.

"Thank you, I appreciate it," he said and grasped his arm a moment. Then he looked embarrassed. "I probably should still apologize for that..." He rubbed a hand through the back of his hair. "But you know what, I did learn things, even then. I am fortunate though to have such good friends and people, for one."

"I am sure she understands that things can happen in a Quiet and a mage in the grip of such insanity might say things he or she otherwise would not."
Adjan said.
"If you want to apologize to her then do so but I do not think it is necessary."
He said then he smiled and patted your hand for a moment.
"I am fortunate as well to have good friends...friends, Cabalmates...family...these are the things that make this war worth fighting other than our duty to the sleepers to protect them off course."
The death magus said softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:46 pm

Matty gave you a confused look and raised an eyebrow.
"I am afraid you lost me there Traditionalist."
Colin shrugged, "Old ambitions to build something of lasting value. Not too good a track record, though not for want of trying..."

"Never trust fate young man, she can be quite fickle."
Crexia warned.
"The future is never set so your life is not guaranteed so do take my young Sodalis here with you for safety."
She insisted.
"And both of you be careful."
She urged and Leon nodded.
"I will be Ma'am."
He nodded, "True enough. We'll be alert."

"I guess you are right...but I mean considering what we do to these guys if we take them alive...I mean we have two women in there we are sending to Horizon they will be...that is hard to do to someone if you see the humanity in them."
Leon said then he suddenly paled and looked rather green.
"Oh shit if things had gone just a bit differently I would have assisted in a...I would be a Soulrender...I...shit..."
He muttered softly and he looked rather uncomfortable.
He nodded, "In that regard, you are fortunate... though you might not be able to retain that innocence forever. Best cherish it while you can... though, a small light in the darkness is that that ritual is imperfect - I don't think anything conceived by man can destroy an Avatar utterly. Though tearing it to bits to let the fragments drift and congeal is hardly much better..."

"I guess you are right, even so their motivation is creepy as shit. I guess that is why we have to take them down at all costs but I mean...it is scary, and it is...terrifying to think that any mage could be like them, if we Fall I mean I...can not imagine ever wanting the world to end like they do...though I guess knowing their motivations might give us an advantage in fighting them."
Leon said a bit hesitantly and scratched his head.
He frowned, "Yes... such evil is not necessarily obvious; the most effective Nephandus is the one who doesn't act overtly destructive, but the one who sits down to discuss philosophy over a friendly brew at the pub... Eternal vigilance, son. Eternal."

The cat maued but it made not effort to get out of Colin's grip it looked and behaved like a loved pet. You noticed Olamide glance at the cat and casting a quick Intelligo Vim rote glancing at the cat then she nodded and said to Colin.
"There appear to be some sort of ward on the animal, my guess it keeps it away from the dangerous parts of the walls or keep it away from the cat, other than that it is just a ordinary, mundane cat what I can tell."
He smiled, "About as expected - one would not want a charmer like this to run afoul of voracious architecture."

Dalett and her pawn was still there, towards a corner of the room with non dangerous wall organs, they where sitting on the floor, bound and under guard by three magi from Morningstar who's names you did not know. Rikka rubbed his head against your hand but he still seamed to be looking for his mistress looking a bit sad when he did not see her, he could not understand that she was gone, but he could probably smell her and yet she was not here.
He gave Dalett a quick nod, showing her the cat was safe.

"Very well that should be no trouble, I am going to have to head up to the infirmary anyway to get my face tended to I will talk with her then...poor kid I heard a Nephandi child had been captured."
Adjan agreed with a smile.
He nodded, "I'll be apprenticing her; she'll tell me in the not-so-distant future how much she appreciated that visit... But nothing is cast in stone, so she might need some comfort in case the worst should happen..."

He looked over at Colin as he approached them and gave him a nod. "You're alright?" he asked, then quieted as he talked to Adjan about, he presumed, Anna.
He nodded, giving Rikki another scritch, "As alright as one can expect, at least - I'll need the arm and leg properly tended still, but at least this is one promise I can easily keep, to save Rikki and try to find him a good new home... His poor mummy was the daughter of Madame Vega over there, and... that one is going to weigh on me for some time."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:09 pm

Colin shrugged, "Old ambitions to build something of lasting value. Not too good a track record, though not for want of trying..."

"I see, well until we rip this world a new one good luck I guess."
Matty muttered as she glanced up at you.

He nodded, "True enough. We'll be alert."

"Good, thank you young man."
Crexia said with a slight nod.

He nodded, "In that regard, you are fortunate... though you might not be able to retain that innocence forever. Best cherish it while you can... though, a small light in the darkness is that that ritual is imperfect - I don't think anything conceived by man can destroy an Avatar utterly. Though tearing it to bits to let the fragments drift and congeal is hardly much better..."

Leon nodded he looked rather shook up by his sudden realization.
"Yeah well luckily I am not a Guernicus, unless I end up in a crazy situation like this again it is not likely I would ever have to...do something like that, but it could happen I guess...god I hope not..."
The young Jerbiton said and shuddered.
"Hum...you may be right, I mean there are little fragments left after...that is it not...perhaps they will reform at some point."
He said and shook his head and rubbed a hand across his eyes.
"Even so that ritual it...gives me...the creeps...I can not imagine being a part of it and much less being it's victim."

He frowned, "Yes... such evil is not necessarily obvious; the most effective Nephandus is the one who doesn't act overtly destructive, but the one who sits down to discuss philosophy over a friendly brew at the pub... Eternal vigilance, son. Eternal."

"Hum...yes you are probably right, that do not make me feel much better though, the thought that there could be a Nephandus anywhere and that they might just talk you into...things..."
Leon said and shook his head again.
"I do hope I have greater mental fortitude than that."

He smiled, "About as expected - one would not want a charmer like this to run afoul of voracious architecture."

"Yes that would be most tragic."
Olamide said and smiled.
"He is adorable, is he healthy?"
She asked as she smiled at the small animal and wriggled her fingers to amuse him with the glint of the light from the organic light in the roof over the multitude of rings she wore, and Rikka was amused, he was most amused and stared and those glinting rings transfixed.

He gave Dalett a quick nod, showing her the cat was safe.

The Nephanda looked at the cat and smiled, she was still quietly weeping but seeing that her daughter's pet was safe seamed to cheer her up.
"Thank you Sir."
She said with gratitude in her voice.

He nodded, "I'll be apprenticing her; she'll tell me in the not-so-distant future how much she appreciated that visit... But nothing is cast in stone, so she might need some comfort in case the worst should happen..."

"I see well it cost me nothing to give the child a visit, and apprenticing her that is a big job you are taking on."
Adjan said and raised and eyebrow.
"I am glad the child will get a chance at least, even if she is Fallen I would not want to see a child go through...well after what we saw with your Cabalmate a few days ago...gods have it only been a few days...I would not a child to have to..."
He said and there was a dark look in his gray eyes.

He nodded, giving Rikki another scritch, "As alright as one can expect, at least - I'll need the arm and leg properly tended still, but at least this is one promise I can easily keep, to save Rikki and try to find him a good new home... His poor mummy was the daughter of Madame Vega over there, and... that one is going to weigh on me for some time."

Adjan gave you a concerned look.
"Ah you are injured...my group have a healer if you need help."
He said and nodded towards Andy who was busy tending to Matty.
"I see, well having to do...some duties are heavier than others."
He agreed and gave you sympathetic look then he reached out to pet Rikka gently, which the small cat enjoyed immensely.
"You are doing a good thing showing mercy to a fallen foe's pet, the animal is blameless in this, there is no need for him to suffer."
The death magus said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:22 pm

"I had not started crossing over...Adjan explained hearing the hesitation in your voice and guessing at your concern. "I am grateful to the healer for being able to stay alive for a while longer." He said and smiled.

"Me too, we still have more to deal with...we'll need one another to get through it all."

"I am sure she understands that things can happen in a Quiet and a mage in the grip of such insanity might say things he or she otherwise would not." Adjan said. "If you want to apologize to her then do so but I do not think it is necessary."

"True," he said, the look of embarrassment faded before a different kind of look, a bit faraway for a moment as he acknowledged himself that he'd gone truly out of his own mind, into someone else's and back again (thank goodness). He shook his head. "Well, we are all still here," unsure if he meant the combination of memories from his former lives and avatar, the shard, himself and all the assembled Traditionmates gathered - probably the lot.

"I see well it cost me nothing to give the child a visit, and apprenticing her that is a big job you are taking on."
Adjan said and raised and eyebrow. "I am glad the child will get a chance at least, even if she is Fallen I would not want to see a child go through...well after what we saw with your Cabalmate a few days ago...gods have it only been a few days...I would not a child to have to..." He said and there was a dark look in his gray eyes.

"I wish you hadn't gotten so hurt, but at least we're still up, even if there will be...things that we're going to need to work though. No doubt of that. And my thanks to you, for that, for that matter on my own part." He tapped at his head and then looked to Crexia to see if they were going to get William and the portal up to take Matty, Dalett and her pawn and William. "Should we assist checking them over before we send them?" he said, encouraging the conversation away from Beatrice.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:01 pm

"Me too, we still have more to deal with...we'll need one another to get through it all."

"We will not win this war standing alone so yes you are right we will need one another to get rhough all the fates seam fit to toss at us."
Adjan said and nodded.
"Yes there is more to deal with and I also happen to enjoy being alive, I do not fear the time of my eventual demise but I do tend to enjoy life for a while longer if the circle see fit to grant me that mercy."

"True," he said, the look of embarrassment faded before a different kind of look, a bit faraway for a moment as he acknowledged himself that he'd gone truly out of his own mind, into someone else's and back again (thank goodness). He shook his head. "Well, we are all still here," unsure if he meant the combination of memories from his former lives and avatar, the shard, himself and all the assembled Traditionmates gathered - probably the lot.

Adjan said nothing, he off course did not know what you had experienced during your Quiet, but he stood there for a moment looking at you, letting you have your moment then he said softly.
"If you ever need to talk my friend...I am here."

"I wish you hadn't gotten so hurt, but at least we're still up, even if there will be...things that we're going to need to work though. No doubt of that. And my thanks to you, for that, for that matter on my own part." He tapped at his head and then looked to Crexia to see if they were going to get William and the portal up to take Matty, Dalett and her pawn and William. "Should we assist checking them over before we send them?" he said, encouraging the conversation away from Beatrice.

The Euthanatos nodded not sure if you meant him or Colin when you said you wished they had not gotten so hurt then he said.
"Yes we are still here...not all of us are that lucky."
He said and looked down sadly.
"There where...losses."
He added then he sigh.
"Well I guess it is better to complete our task for now and mourn the dead later...at the very least the Nephandi girl will need to be carried, I was thinking I would volunteer for that, checking the prisoners over might be a good idea though."
He said and begun to move in that direction you saw Crexia was getting everyone together now to get the group mobile, calling out orders.
"We will take care of the prisoners Madam, at your leave off course."
Adjan offered and Crexia nodded.
"Very well, but let us get going."
She said and she took point and begun to walk back the way you had come from.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:05 am

"I see, well until we rip this world a new one good luck I guess."
Matty muttered as she glanced up at you.
Colin smiled warmly, "Why, thank you."

Leon nodded he looked rather shook up by his sudden realization.
"Yeah well luckily I am not a Guernicus, unless I end up in a crazy situation like this again it is not likely I would ever have to...do something like that, but it could happen I guess...god I hope not..."
The young Jerbiton said and shuddered.
"Hum...you may be right, I mean there are little fragments left after...that is it not...perhaps they will reform at some point."
He said and shook his head and rubbed a hand across his eyes.
"Even so that ritual it...gives me...the creeps...I can not imagine being a part of it and much less being it's victim."
Colin nodded, eyes fixed on a distant point "It was done to me, long ago... well, my previous incarnation, anyway, and I remember every second of it. I have had two attempts against me this weekend, first by Warden at the post office in Gary, and then by Cotta here in the Labyrinth... those were what you could call unsuccessful - but still remarkably unpleasant. And I can speak sincerely from experience when I tell you that you would rather take an explosive missile to the face than be subject to... that. Oh, the Avatar can piece itself together, of sorts, but... it takes a while, and it won't be quite the same. Even if the ritual was not completely finished, it's still nothing short of a horror..."

"Hum...yes you are probably right, that do not make me feel much better though, the thought that there could be a Nephandus anywhere and that they might just talk you into...things..."
Leon said and shook his head again.
"I do hope I have greater mental fortitude than that."
He grinned and gave Leon a pat on the back, "Oh, I'm sure you will do fine. And should you falter, I'm certain your brother will be all too glad to sit on you until you come to your senses again."

"Yes that would be most tragic."
Olamide said and smiled.
"He is adorable, is he healthy?"
She asked as she smiled at the small animal and wriggled her fingers to amuse him with the glint of the light from the organic light in the roof over the multitude of rings she wore, and Rikka was amused, he was most amused and stared and those glinting rings transfixed.
He nodded, "He looks to be in perfect health - no enchantments save a simple protection against the walls. His mummy was not Fallen, it seems, so he's not been exposed to anything corrupted, as such..."

The Nephanda looked at the cat and smiled, she was still quietly weeping but seeing that her daughter's pet was safe seamed to cheer her up.
"Thank you Sir."
She said with gratitude in her voice.
He nodded, "The least I could do... I'll do what I can to see him rehomed with a good family."

Adjan said and raised and eyebrow.
"I am glad the child will get a chance at least, even if she is Fallen I would not want to see a child go through...well after what we saw with your Cabalmate a few days ago...gods have it only been a few days...I would not a child to have to..."
He said and there was a dark look in his gray eyes.
He frowned, "Oh, that's not going to happen in any case - she wouldn't survive the stress. Not for a great many years, if ever..."

Adjan gave you a concerned look.
"Ah you are injured...my group have a healer if you need help."
He said and nodded towards Andy who was busy tending to Matty.
"I see, well having to do...some duties are heavier than others."
He agreed and gave you sympathetic look then he reached out to pet Rikka gently, which the small cat enjoyed immensely.
"You are doing a good thing showing mercy to a fallen foe's pet, the animal is blameless in this, there is no need for him to suffer."
The death magus said.
He grimaced and nodded toward his left arm and leg, "There was a small gout of primal fire. I don't know how easy that will be to heal, though... I think I was rather too good at aggravating the Labyrinth Keeper. Taunting her about her significant other's death was effective, but I still feel guilty about it... As for Rikki here, I could do no less - I promised to do what I can to save it in exchange for one question. It gave me a powerful weapon against Larson later..."

The Euthanatos nodded not sure if you meant him or Colin when you said you wished they had not gotten so hurt then he said.
"Yes we are still here...not all of us are that lucky."
He said and looked down sadly.
"There where...losses."
He added then he sigh.
"Well I guess it is better to complete our task for now and mourn the dead later...at the very least the Nephandi girl will need to be carried, I was thinking I would volunteer for that, checking the prisoners over might be a good idea though."
He said and begun to move in that direction you saw Crexia was getting everyone together now to get the group mobile, calling out orders.
"We will take care of the prisoners Madam, at your leave off course."
Adjan offered and Crexia nodded.
"Very well, but let us get going."
She said and she took point and begun to walk back the way you had come from.
He nodded, "Injuries of the flesh are, well... humans are resilient; if something doesn't kill us outright, we'll usually bounce back stronger... still hurts like hell, of course, but... I'll manage if I have to."
He smiled to Adjan, "Thank you for taking care of miss Carlyle... let's get moving."
He cuddled the cat a little closer and smoothly maneuvered through the group until he ended up alongside Dalett, "He's a good boy, and I think I know a girl who will be very glad to see him again, even if only for a quick visit..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 29, 2017 4:49 am

Adjan said nothing, he off course did not know what you had experienced during your Quiet, but he stood there for a moment looking at you, letting you have your moment then he said softly. "If you ever need to talk my friend...I am here."

"Same goes for you, just so you know," he replied with a nod.

He frowned, "Oh, that's not going to happen in any case - she wouldn't survive the stress. Not for a great many years, if ever..."

He raised an eyebrow at that. "Much to discuss," he said and then made a gesture as if

"Yes we are still here...not all of us are that lucky." He said and looked down sadly. "There where...losses." He added then he sigh. "Well I guess it is better to complete our task for now and mourn the dead later...at the very least the Nephandi girl will need to be carried, I was thinking I would volunteer for that, checking the prisoners over might be a good idea though."

He seemed to want to ask about whom they'd lost but thought better of it. "Yes, we should," he agreed and looked over at Crexia.

He nodded, "Injuries of the flesh are, well... humans are resilient; if something doesn't kill us outright, we'll usually bounce back stronger... still hurts like hell, of course, but... I'll manage if I have to." He smiled to Adjan, "Thank you for taking care of miss Carlyle... let's get moving."

"Even so. Well, there's not too much to be done about it right now, I suppose," he said with a nod to Colin. Then he began to walk towards the gathering of prisoners. As he walked near Leon, he asked him, "Did you and the honored lady take their items from them, sodalis?" he asked, nodding a chin towards the prisoners.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:02 am

Colin smiled warmly, "Why, thank you."

Matty shrugged and looked embarrassed.
"Well ehm...it is not like there is any skin of my nose over it."

Colin nodded, eyes fixed on a distant point "It was done to me, long ago... well, my previous incarnation, anyway, and I remember every second of it. I have had two attempts against me this weekend, first by Warden at the post office in Gary, and then by Cotta here in the Labyrinth... those were what you could call unsuccessful - but still remarkably unpleasant.

"Your former incarnation was...oh shit and then this Warden tried to...oh...damn..."
Leson said and shook his head.
"I think what Cotta tried to do, the spell she cast that hit my brother I do not think it was meant to destroy but rather hurt, it is an effective way to get mages down on the ground screaming rather than fighting I guess...even so...shit."
The young Hermetic said his eyes wide.
"Those must be terrible past life memories...so...so Avatars to reform then they say that is impossible that once destroyed they are gone..."

And I can speak sincerely from experience when I tell you that you would rather take an explosive missile to the face than be subject to... that.

"Ehm...yeah...I believe you there while I would definitively not want to try any of the two, I would rather suffer physical wounds than spiritual ones."

Oh, the Avatar can piece itself together, of sorts, but... it takes a while, and it won't be quite the same. Even if the ritual was not completely finished, it's still nothing short of a horror..."

Leon nodded and shuddered he looked rather scared.
"Well at least it is rare...on members of our own side at least."
He whispered.

He grinned and gave Leon a pat on the back, "Oh, I'm sure you will do fine. And should you falter, I'm certain your brother will be all too glad to sit on you until you come to your senses again."

Leon grinned at that.
"Yeah he would definitively do that."
He said but the young Hermetic still looked rather uneasy.

He nodded, "He looks to be in perfect health - no enchantments save a simple protection against the walls. His mummy was not Fallen, it seems, so he's not been exposed to anything corrupted, as such..."

Olamide nodded and wriggled her fingers at the cat again.
"Yes the enchantments I saw where harmless, they where made by a Fallen mage though and I think it likely that our prisoner's child where Fallen, why else would the women surrender to keep us from trying to heal her daughter and take her alive?"
The Tytalus lowered her voice at the last part, there where no need for Dalett to overhear and be further upset.

He nodded, "The least I could do... I'll do what I can to see him rehomed with a good family."

Dalett gave you a warm smile.
"Thank you I am sure he will make a good pet for someone he is very loving."

"Ah I see, that is good then in a terrible way."
Adjan said and nodded.
"No child should have to face that."

He grimaced and nodded toward his left arm and leg, "There was a small gout of primal fire. I don't know how easy that will be to heal, though... I think I was rather too good at aggravating the Labyrinth Keeper. Taunting her about her significant other's death was effective, but I still feel guilty about it...

"Look at it this way, if your life pattern is like a cloth, then most wounds are little tears in that cloth, simple straight rips in the fabric, easy enough to knit back together or sew up, while fire, Primium and some other things make a horrible mess, it is like if someone have gone at that fabric with a pair of scissors ripping it up to bits, that is still possible to repair but require far more skill an effort. The only thing we do not know how to heal is when the fabric have already been mended, a good or bad mend the tears have already been sewed up and you do not get a do over. Also the wounds caused by Paradox is also beyond our known skills. I would let the healer have a look at you, burns and especially those caused by Primal flames are certainly beyond my small ability as a healer but the Verbena knows what they are doing."
Adjan said then he nodded.
"I see, well such taunts are indeed likely to cause quite a bit of anger but I assume you had your reasons."

As for Rikki here, I could do no less - I promised to do what I can to save it in exchange for one question. It gave me a powerful weapon against Larson later..."

"A Nephandus trading secrets for the life of a cat, well I guess there are tenderness even down n this hellhole."
The Euthanatos said as he petted the small animal.

He smiled to Adjan, "Thank you for taking care of miss Carlyle... let's get moving."

Adjan just nodded at that.

He cuddled the cat a little closer and smoothly maneuvered through the group until he ended up alongside Dalett, "He's a good boy, and I think I know a girl who will be very glad to see him again, even if only for a quick visit..."

Rikka made a little mau of protest as you held him tighter he did not struggle though. Dalett looked at you as one of the guards helped her to her feet she smiled a little.
"I am glad to hear it and he is a sweet cat...aww my daughter so loved him..."
She muttered her hands where bound behind her slender back so she could not pet the animal but she smiled to him and spoke at him kindly in the Nephandi language.

"Same goes for you, just so you know," he replied with a nod.

The death magus nodded at that and gave you a slight smile.
"That you, I might take you up on that when we get out of here, some of the things I have seen and done have been...horrible."
He said softly and then shook his head to clear it so he could keep his mind of the tasks ahead.

He seemed to want to ask about whom they'd lost but thought better of it. "Yes, we should," he agreed and looked over at Crexia.

Crexia was arranging the group with the best combatants surrounding essential personal an non combatants, Andy seamed displeased to be placed in the middle of the group among those who needed protecting and there where no doubt the Verbena could fight, but she was also currently the group's best healer, if she was safe she could help anyone else wounded, and she did not protest orders she just looked displeased about it.

Then he began to walk towards the gathering of prisoners. As he walked near Leon, he asked him, "Did you and the honored lady take their items from them, sodalis?" he asked, nodding a chin towards the prisoners.

"We did Sodalis, they did not have much on them, but what they had went into a bad that I still have on me."
He said and patted at his jacked pocket. Dalett and Mala looked rather tired and scared with the latter trying to comfort the former seeing the cat seamed to cheer Dalett up though. Allison who was being helped to her feet by one of the linear magi from Morningstar, you had seen him in the hallways but did not know his name, looked to be fairly ok though still a little pale from that burst of Paradox she had suffered she gave you a nervous look though and twisted her bound hands away from you, just to be sure. Adjan walked over to where Matty lay mewling on the ground, he took his jacket of and placed it over the Nephanda for warmth and then gently lifted her up into his arms to carry her with a small grunt of effort.
"We are going to have to search this one as well."
He said and indicated the woman in his arms.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:00 am

"Your former incarnation was...oh shit and then this Warden tried to...oh...damn..."
Leson said and shook his head.
"I think what Cotta tried to do, the spell she cast that hit my brother I do not think it was meant to destroy but rather hurt, it is an effective way to get mages down on the ground screaming rather than fighting I guess...even so...shit."
The young Hermetic said his eyes wide.
"Those must be terrible past life memories...so...so Avatars to reform then they say that is impossible that once destroyed they are gone..."
Colin nodded, "Oh, I suppose Cotta only meant to... do the equivalent of tasing our Avatars. Mine will have none of that, obviously. And yes, if there's at least one piece big enough to retain a bit of identity, it can reform eventually... but there are tales of great clusters of fragments gathering in the Umbra; I dread to think what would happen if those clouds were to gain just enough awareness to start moving around on their own. I've got some understanding of what happens if an unsuspecting Mage accidentally wanders into a stray shard of ephemera... Not good, not pleasant."

Leon nodded and shuddered he looked rather scared.
"Well at least it is rare...on members of our own side at least."
He whispered.
He grimaced, "You forget, we're not the only ones who do that shit... the Union has a very different method, of course, but the Fallen... well, they're less concerned with jurisprudence, I suppose, and tearing apart an Avatar that refuses to cooperate only helps serve their goals if they can't get the Mage through the Caul..."

Olamide nodded and wriggled her fingers at the cat again.
"Yes the enchantments I saw where harmless, they where made by a Fallen mage though and I think it likely that our prisoner's child where Fallen, why else would the women surrender to keep us from trying to heal her daughter and take her alive?"
The Tytalus lowered her voice at the last part, there where no need for Dalett to overhear and be further upset.
He frowned, "There is one fairly obvious reason - I shot the poor young woman with a Primium bullet. I'm sure you know as much as I do about what that does for healing... Let us for mercy's sake assume the mother told the truth, and that she was the one who warded the cat..."

"Ah I see, that is good then in a terrible way."
Adjan said and nodded.
"No child should have to face that."
He nodded, "No adults either, really - with a few significant exceptions..."

"Look at it this way, if your life pattern is like a cloth, then most wounds are little tears in that cloth, simple straight rips in the fabric, easy enough to knit back together or sew up, while fire, Primium and some other things make a horrible mess, it is like if someone have gone at that fabric with a pair of scissors ripping it up to bits, that is still possible to repair but require far more skill an effort. The only thing we do not know how to heal is when the fabric have already been mended, a good or bad mend the tears have already been sewed up and you do not get a do over. Also the wounds caused by Paradox is also beyond our known skills. I would let the healer have a look at you, burns and especially those caused by Primal flames are certainly beyond my small ability as a healer but the Verbena knows what they are doing."
Adjan said then he nodded.
He nodded, "That's essentially it - my burns are not so bad as to greatly impair my combat capabilities, but I fear they will not be worth risking half-assing in the middle of a dangerous situation. It's the sort of thing that could cause complications over time if the healing was interrupted, you know..."

"Even so. Well, there's not too much to be done about it right now, I suppose," he said with a nod to Colin.
He nodded, "I'd rather not risk an interrupted healing for it..."

"I see, well such taunts are indeed likely to cause quite a bit of anger but I assume you had your reasons."
He frowned, "In a Labyrinth, trying to seek out the Labyrinth Keeper - the one person who knows the place as intimately as their own body, almost - is suicide; she could pick us off at her leisure without us ever knowing where she was. Pushing her off balance and goading her into coming for us in person was... necessary."

"A Nephandus trading secrets for the life of a cat, well I guess there are tenderness even down n this hellhole."
The Euthanatos said as he petted the small animal.
He nodded, "I'm sure it helped that she was allowed the last mercy for her daughter, as well... Even the Fallen can have bonds of love."

Rikka made a little mau of protest as you held him tighter he did not struggle though. Dalett looked at you as one of the guards helped her to her feet she smiled a little.
She muttered her hands where bound behind her slender back so she could not pet the animal but she smiled to him and spoke at him kindly in the Nephandi language.
His face didn't twitch, but he looked at Dalettout of the corner of his eye, "I'm sorry, but... could you refrain from speaking that language? It's a bit unnerving to hear it used in fond tones of voice. Not as unpleasant as Diego's operaic performances, but still..."

He said and indicated the woman in his arms.
He nodded, "As a matter of principle, I'd feel better if one of our ladies performed that search..."

((OOC: Er, now I wonder...
He raised an eyebrow at that. "Much to discuss," he said and then made a gesture as if
- as if what? Seems you forgot to finish that sentence. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:57 am

Colin nodded, "Oh, I suppose Cotta only meant to... do the equivalent of tasing our Avatars. Mine will have none of that, obviously.

"Well it is still unpleasant and I understand that your Avatar must have been quite upset at such a rote directed at it, considering your memories it could not have been a good experience...luckily I avoided being hurt myself but my brother..."
The Jerbiton sigh, he was clearly concerned about his brother.

And yes, if there's at least one piece big enough to retain a bit of identity, it can reform eventually... but there are tales of great clusters of fragments gathering in the Umbra; I dread to think what would happen if those clouds were to gain just enough awareness to start moving around on their own. I've got some understanding of what happens if an unsuspecting Mage accidentally wanders into a stray shard of ephemera... Not good, not pleasant."

"Well that an Avatar can reassemble itself give some comfort at least but the tho thought of such masses of Avatar shards...damn that is scary I dear not think what would happen if they start to move it would make the Umbra all but impossible to traverse...but what are all those Avatar shards doing out into the Umbra?"
Leon asked and raised an eyebrow.

He grimaced, "You forget, we're not the only ones who do that shit... the Union has a very different method, of course, but the Fallen... well, they're less concerned with jurisprudence, I suppose, and tearing apart an Avatar that refuses to cooperate only helps serve their goals if they can't get the Mage through the Caul..."

"Yeah...fuck...ok then it is official I am never leaving the Chantry again."
The young Hermetic grumbled and shook his head.

He frowned, "There is one fairly obvious reason - I shot the poor young woman with a Primium bullet. I'm sure you know as much as I do about what that does for healing... Let us for mercy's sake assume the mother told the truth, and that she was the one who warded the cat..."

"So you are saying she surrendered to be able to give her daughter respite from pain rather than trying to save her from us?"
Olamide said and glanced over at Dalett.
"Hum...well it is possible someone else but the owner spelled the cat I guess..."

He nodded, "No adults either, really - with a few significant exceptions..."

Adjan nodded at that a dark look in his eyes.
"You are right off course no one save a few, damnable individuals should ever have to suffer such a fate..."

He nodded, "That's essentially it - my burns are not so bad as to greatly impair my combat capabilities, but I fear they will not be worth risking half-assing in the middle of a dangerous situation. It's the sort of thing that could cause complications over time if the healing was interrupted, you know..."

He nodded, "I'd rather not risk an interrupted healing for it..."

"That is a fair enough point, a healing is more likely to be complete done in the safety of a Chantry where the healer have time to work properly."
The Euthanatos said and nodded.

He frowned, "In a Labyrinth, trying to seek out the Labyrinth Keeper - the one person who knows the place as intimately as their own body, almost - is suicide; she could pick us off at her leisure without us ever knowing where she was. Pushing her off balance and goading her into coming for us in person was... necessary."

"A sound strategy and since you are her and the Labyrinth Keeper is not I assume it worked out and that the fight ended with the Keeper's demise?"
Adjan said and raised an eyebrow.
"I guess you had to insult her in a way that she could not ignore and that made her loose control in order to make er give up her advantage and come to you then, such insults was then necessary."

He nodded, "I'm sure it helped that she was allowed the last mercy for her daughter, as well... Even the Fallen can have bonds of love."

"They are human beings, mages like us even if they are dangerous and misguided."
Adjan said and sigh.
"And showing kindness and mercy can be a dangerous weapon and is often far more effective in the art of interrogation than are the use of force and pain."

His face didn't twitch, but he looked at Dalettout of the corner of his eye, "I'm sorry, but... could you refrain from speaking that language? It's a bit unnerving to hear it used in fond tones of voice. Not as unpleasant as Diego's operaic performances, but still..."

Dalett looked at you for a moment then she nodded and spoke in English.
"Very well, I am not very used to the English language anymore though, it is hard...to speak it, but I can understand that for someone who is not Fallen our language can sound unnerving, please do forgive me."
She agreed, clearly struggling with the formation of English words. The cat hardly reacted it was used to the horrid noise of the Dragon's Tongue.
"As for Diego...you got him then...good riddance...just please tell me I will not be sharing a cell with that filth!"
The Nephanda said looking disgusted.

He nodded, "As a matter of principle, I'd feel better if one of our ladies performed that search..."

Andy nodded and begun to carefully search Matty, first her pockets and then patting her down, she removed a glass bead and string bracelet, a half finished bag of fruit flavored hard candies, a wand, a Iphone, a wand, a set of keys, a wallet, a good quality dagger, and two stones that contained a dram of corrupted Tass each, they looked like very dirty, bad quality smoky quartz. Andy handed the items to Adley.
"This is what she had on her."
She said.
"I do not think she have anything else but off course I would recommend a more...intimate search but not here in front of everyone I would rather recommend such be done once she is given a cell with just women present to see."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:16 pm

"Well it is still unpleasant and I understand that your Avatar must have been quite upset at such a rote directed at it, considering your memories it could not have been a good experience...luckily I avoided being hurt myself but my brother..."
The Jerbiton sigh, he was clearly concerned about his brother.
Colin gave Leon a light pat on the shoulder, "He'll be fine. He's made of stern stuff - I'll wager even now he's preparing to chew you out for sticking your head in the lion's den without him, or something equally brotherly."

"Well that an Avatar can reassemble itself give some comfort at least but the tho thought of such masses of Avatar shards...damn that is scary I dear not think what would happen if they start to move it would make the Umbra all but impossible to traverse...but what are all those Avatar shards doing out into the Umbra?"
Leon asked and raised an eyebrow.
He frowned, "At a guess - trying to reform, to gain enough cohesion to reincarnate. Such a newly remade Avatar would be... seemingly fragile and weak at first, but able to grow in strength over time as the fragments merge together seamlessly. I hope to get to see such a cluster with my own eyes someday; I might be able to learn something... very interesting from it."

"Yeah...fuck...ok then it is official I am never leaving the Chantry again."
The young Hermetic grumbled and shook his head.
He chuckled, "Seclusion and fear is no way to live a life, or to walk the paths of magic, my good man... The bonds you make with people and places outside your home, those can give great strength in trying times, and open venues of creative thought you might never otherwise consider."

"So you are saying she surrendered to be able to give her daughter respite from pain rather than trying to save her from us?"
Olamide said and glanced over at Dalett.
"Hum...well it is possible someone else but the owner spelled the cat I guess..."
He nodded, "I cannot say so for certain, of course, but I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt."

Adjan nodded at that a dark look in his eyes.
"You are right off course no one save a few, damnable individuals should ever have to suffer such a fate..."
He sighed, "I fear the practice plays far too easily into the hands of the Fallen as it is, but changing it will take... quite a shock."
He glanced around, "Well, we'll have to end one horror at a time; today, it's Labyrinths, not law..."

"A sound strategy and since you are her and the Labyrinth Keeper is not I assume it worked out and that the fight ended with the Keeper's demise?"
Adjan said and raised an eyebrow.
"I guess you had to insult her in a way that she could not ignore and that made her loose control in order to make er give up her advantage and come to you then, such insults was then necessary."
He frowned, "If it had only ended in her demise, I would have felt less conflicted, I suppose... Though, the manner of her end did enable us to find and disable an Oblivion portal Abigail had ordered for the main Node, so that trap was fortunately rendered inert... and then I set the Node to burn itself out, just for good measure; disgusting thing it was..."

"They are human beings, mages like us even if they are dangerous and misguided."
Adjan said and sigh.
"And showing kindness and mercy can be a dangerous weapon and is often far more effective in the art of interrogation than are the use of force and pain."
He grimaced, "Yes, a little kindness and respect go a long way... both for interrogation and... assassination, if needs be... I might not have done that yet, but I still remember it..."

Dalett looked at you for a moment then she nodded and spoke in English.
"Very well, I am not very used to the English language anymore though, it is hard...to speak it, but I can understand that for someone who is not Fallen our language can sound unnerving, please do forgive me."
She agreed, clearly struggling with the formation of English words. The cat hardly reacted it was used to the horrid noise of the Dragon's Tongue.
"As for Diego...you got him then...good riddance...just please tell me I will not be sharing a cell with that filth!"
The Nephanda said looking disgusted.
He grinned wryly, "The more people I meet who know the guy, the more impressed I am with how utterly disliked the man is. Especially having encountered two apprentices of his, and seeing how incredibly far the apples fell from the tree... I can make no promises, but I can certainly make a recommendation that the... man be put in soundproof isolation until sentencing."

Andy nodded and begun to carefully search Matty, first her pockets and then patting her down, she removed a glass bead and string bracelet, a half finished bag of fruit flavored hard candies, a wand, a Iphone, a wand, a set of keys, a wallet, a good quality dagger, and two stones that contained a dram of corrupted Tass each, they looked like very dirty, bad quality smoky quartz. Andy handed the items to Adley.
"This is what she had on her."
She said.
"I do not think she have anything else but off course I would recommend a more...intimate search but not here in front of everyone I would rather recommend such be done once she is given a cell with just women present to see."
He frowned and reached for the two Tass stones, "Hm, mind if I take these? I can use them safely, and I used the last Tass I had for that makeshift javelin. Waste not, want not, you know - and there's a nice poetic justice in using corrupted Tass against the Fallen. And I agree; I don't think allowing her that much dignity is going to be much of a risk, considering the circumstances. If we caught her infiltrating somewhere, we might be concerned with secreted items, but for defending her home, those would probably be far too awkward to hide on short notice..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:56 pm

Colin gave Leon a light pat on the shoulder, "He'll be fine. He's made of stern stuff - I'll wager even now he's preparing to chew you out for sticking your head in the lion's den without him, or something equally brotherly."

The Jerbiton sigh he gave you a grateful nod.
"I sure hope so I would even welcome one of his lectures right about now."
He said still sounding quite concerned.

He frowned, "At a guess - trying to reform, to gain enough cohesion to reincarnate. Such a newly remade Avatar would be... seemingly fragile and weak at first, but able to grow in strength over time as the fragments merge together seamlessly. I hope to get to see such a cluster with my own eyes someday; I might be able to learn something... very interesting from it."

"Hum...that may be it and it do sound interesting, disturbing but interesting. It is not easy to see and Avatar though but perhaps some mage will be born with such a shard cluster one day and you can look at his or her soul if they will allow you to do so."
Leon said and smiled a little.

He chuckled, "Seclusion and fear is no way to live a life, or to walk the paths of magic, my good man... The bonds you make with people and places outside your home, those can give great strength in trying times, and open venues of creative thought you might never otherwise consider."

"Yeah you are right but still...fuck that is a scary prospect that someone might...well you know...that if I ever get captured by one of the other factions...yeah...that is scary as shit."
The Jerbiton said and shook his head looking a little pale.

He nodded, "I cannot say so for certain, of course, but I am willing to give her the benefit of the doubt."

Olamide nodded at that.
"Very well, I can accept that, at least for now and in either case there is not much that can be done about it at the moment if the claim that the woman was not Fallen turns out to be a lie."

He sighed, "I fear the practice plays far too easily into the hands of the Fallen as it is, but changing it will take... quite a shock."
He glanced around, "Well, we'll have to end one horror at a time; today, it's Labyrinths, not law..."

"It do play into their hands, first of all no Fallen will surrender alive or cooperate, secondly anything that destroys that which is beautiful and pure is good for the Nephandi, third if someone have ended up having anything to do with the Fallen they have no where to go than ehm...down."
Adjan said and shook his head.
"But yes...first we deal with this Labyrinth then we deal with Lisa Larson and then...we will see."

He frowned, "If it had only ended in her demise, I would have felt less conflicted, I suppose... Though, the manner of her end did enable us to find and disable an Oblivion portal Abigail had ordered for the main Node, so that trap was fortunately rendered inert... and then I set the Node to burn itself out, just for good measure; disgusting thing it was..."

"I see that is terrible, but I guess she could not be allowed to reincarnate."
The Euthanatos said and shook his head sadly then he raised an eyebrow.
"A portal to Oblivion...oh my well I am very glad that trap was disabled for if such a portal had been activated that would not have been...comfortable. I do kind of feel bad for the Labyrinth Keeper though, poor woman."

He grimaced, "Yes, a little kindness and respect go a long way... both for interrogation and... assassination, if needs be... I might not have done that yet, but I still remember it..."

"Yes you told me about that, it would be a horrible situation if it where to occur I hope you will not need to do something like that...but yes kindness can be a dangerous thing, and often the only right thing one can do in a situation."
Adjan said and gave you a pat on the shoulder.

He grinned wryly, "The more people I meet who know the guy, the more impressed I am with how utterly disliked the man is. Especially having encountered two apprentices of his, and seeing how incredibly far the apples fell from the tree... I can make no promises, but I can certainly make a recommendation that the... man be put in soundproof isolation until sentencing."

"Yes Diego's two students are quite charming and that is a wonder considering how they have been treated, I do hope they are not captured by the Traditions though, that would be quite a tragedy."
Dalett said and shook her head.
"As for Diego I almost feel sorry for the Spirit Masters who will be dealing with him."
She spat.

He frowned and reached for the two Tass stones, "Hm, mind if I take these? I can use them safely, and I used the last Tass I had for that makeshift javelin. Waste not, want not, you know - and there's a nice poetic justice in using corrupted Tass against the Fallen.

Andy raised an eyebrow.
"You can use corrupted Tass safely, that shit right there do not feel like it is Entropic it feels corrupted that is what gets you Jhor, well one of the things that gets you Jhor."
The Verbena said and she seamed a bit doubtful.
"But I guess that if you really want it I am not going to tell you no."
She said and Dalett glanced up at you.
"Jhor is not something you would want to attract young man."
She warned.
"Take it from someone who have been badly touched by the Necromancer's Bane, it is not a plesant thing."

And I agree; I don't think allowing her that much dignity is going to be much of a risk, considering the circumstances. If we caught her infiltrating somewhere, we might be concerned with secreted items, but for defending her home, those would probably be far too awkward to hide on short notice..."

"Agreed, we have to check to make sure but I think it is unlikely we will find anything in such places and so we should let the prisoner, well all of them keep their dignity as much as possible."
Andy said. Dalett glanced at her and said nothing, Allison started protesting though.
"I am not going to let anyone...!"
She begun but Mala shook her head.
"I doubt we are in much of a position to protest Miss."
She said and Allison settled down but her eyes glanced around angrily.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:03 pm

"Thank you," he said, in agreement with Colin.

"That you, I might take you up on that when we get out of here, some of the things I have seen and done have been...horrible." He said softly and then shook his head to clear it so he could keep his mind of the tasks ahead.

He nodded at him and left it at that.

"We did Sodalis, they did not have much on them, but what they had went into a bad that I still have on me." He said and patted at his jacked pocket. Dalett and Mala looked rather tired and scared with the latter trying to comfort the former seeing the cat seamed to cheer Dalett up though. Allison who was being helped to her feet by one of the linear magi from Morningstar, you had seen him in the hallways but did not know his name, looked to be fairly ok though still a little pale from that burst of Paradox she had suffered she gave you a nervous look though and twisted her bound hands away from you, just to be sure. Adjan walked over to where Matty lay mewling on the ground, he took his jacket of and placed it over the Nephanda for warmth and then gently lifted her up into his arms to carry her with a small grunt of effort.
"This is what she had on her." She said."I do not think she have anything else but off course I would recommend a more...intimate search but not here in front of everyone I would rather recommend such be done once she is given a cell with just women present to see."

"Yes, if we can get the items into one pile I can go over them," he agreed. "Hm, there are the birds in the cage and also the pawn in the infirmary," he remembered as he looked to the items he'd collected so they could get the prisoners and William out of there with some haste.

"Agreed, we have to check to make sure but I think it is unlikely we will find anything in such places and so we should let the prisoner, well all of them keep their dignity as much as possible." Andy said. Dalett glanced at her and said nothing, Allison started protesting though. "I am not going to let anyone...!" She begun but Mala shook her head. "I doubt we are in much of a position to protest Miss." She said and Allison settled down but her eyes glanced around angrily.

"Yes, they may have investment marks or...well, let us hope there are not any others willing to birth spiritual or demonic abominations, but that has to be considered, unfortunately, though with as much tact as possible and by a female if that is possible or preferred," he agreed. Then he turned his attention to the items and looked for anything that would be problematic, traces of magic indicating traps, hung spells or tracking spells, performing the rote that he had completed before for such purpose.

// @Warp: whups I moved a quote and erased the end of my sentence, which was - "as if in a frustrated manner"

prime rote to check over the materials: 2, 9, 2; 7, 4, 7 - how many successes needed?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:03 pm

The Jerbiton sigh he gave you a grateful nod.
"I sure hope so I would even welcome one of his lectures right about now."
He said still sounding quite concerned.
Colin nodded, "I know what you mean. There's a very special lady I can't wait to hear chew me out for putting myself in danger and getting injured..."

"Hum...that may be it and it do sound interesting, disturbing but interesting. It is not easy to see and Avatar though but perhaps some mage will be born with such a shard cluster one day and you can look at his or her soul if they will allow you to do so."
Leon said and smiled a little.
He smiled, "Hum, I was thinking of seeing one in the wild, as it were - drifting free in the Umbra. To see one incarnated, for me, just requires introspection..."

"Yeah you are right but still...fuck that is a scary prospect that someone might...well you know...that if I ever get captured by one of the other factions...yeah...that is scary as shit."
The Jerbiton said and shook his head looking a little pale.
He nodded darkly, "Yes, but the counsel you should draw from that fear is to make sure you can always find an escape route, not to withdraw yourself from everything. Even the safest sanctum can be breached, but someone who always has an escape route at hand can not be easily captured..."

"It do play into their hands, first of all no Fallen will surrender alive or cooperate, secondly anything that destroys that which is beautiful and pure is good for the Nephandi, third if someone have ended up having anything to do with the Fallen they have no where to go than ehm...down."
Adjan said and shook his head.
"But yes...first we deal with this Labyrinth then we deal with Lisa Larson and then...we will see."
He nodded, glancing at Dalett, "Yes... too many lambs to the slaughter... it might shake the powers that be."

"I see that is terrible, but I guess she could not be allowed to reincarnate."
The Euthanatos said and shook his head sadly then he raised an eyebrow.
"A portal to Oblivion...oh my well I am very glad that trap was disabled for if such a portal had been activated that would not have been...comfortable. I do kind of feel bad for the Labyrinth Keeper though, poor woman."
He nodded, then frowned and lowered his voice a bit, "Not all is lost, not all is beyond redemption..."

"Yes you told me about that, it would be a horrible situation if it where to occur I hope you will not need to do something like that...but yes kindness can be a dangerous thing, and often the only right thing one can do in a situation."
Adjan said and gave you a pat on the shoulder.
He nodded, then frowned, "You know, I will be starting a project later - working on an Umbral ship in nead of a good cleaning. I think you might see some benefit in lending a hand with that... this is not the place for details, though."

"Yes Diego's two students are quite charming and that is a wonder considering how they have been treated, I do hope they are not captured by the Traditions though, that would be quite a tragedy."
Dalett said and shook her head.
"As for Diego I almost feel sorry for the Spirit Masters who will be dealing with him."
She spat.
He sighed, "Yes, I rather pity his Avatar, too. It seems fairly likely it is not fond of him, either. It does seem Larson only kept him around as an easily expendable goon, really..."

Andy raised an eyebrow.
"You can use corrupted Tass safely, that shit right there do not feel like it is Entropic it feels corrupted that is what gets you Jhor, well one of the things that gets you Jhor."
The Verbena said and she seamed a bit doubtful.
"But I guess that if you really want it I am not going to tell you no."
She said and Dalett glanced up at you.
"Jhor is not something you would want to attract young man."
She warned.
"Take it from someone who have been badly touched by the Necromancer's Bane, it is not a plesant thing."
He smiled, actually smugly, "It is decidedly corrupted Tass - and if I were forced to draw the Quintessence into myself to employ it, it would be rather like juggling plutonium. However, I have recently devised a Rote allowing me to draw Quintessence directly into a spell from anywhere I can find it available - Tremere himself would have been rather impressed with that, I think."
He wrapped the two stones in his handkerchief, "That doesn't mean I'm entirely eager to touch these things with my bare hands, of course - the stones feel rather like they're coated in Tim Curry's voice from his most insidious roles."

"Agreed, we have to check to make sure but I think it is unlikely we will find anything in such places and so we should let the prisoner, well all of them keep their dignity as much as possible."
Andy said. Dalett glanced at her and said nothing, Allison started protesting though.
"I am not going to let anyone...!"
She begun but Mala shook her head.
"I doubt we are in much of a position to protest Miss."
She said and Allison settled down but her eyes glanced around angrily.
He shook his head, "No, I'm afraid protesting won't help much. But I do believe the examinations will be as uninvasive and proper as is feasible. There's a fine line between thoroughness and abuse, and I'll be quite upset with anyone even contemplating crossing that line."

((OOC: Ah, okay, was wondering what was supposed to be after the cutoff. Nothing demanding further talk or elaboration, then.))

((OOC2: Been on an outing today. Had whale steaks. Was nom. Omnomnomnomnom. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:55 pm

"Thank you," he said, in agreement with Colin.

Dalett looked at you and gave a slightly apologetic smile.
"I will try to keep to English then."
She agreed with a small sigh.

"Yes, if we can get the items into one pile I can go over them," he agreed. "Hm, there are the birds in the cage and also the pawn in the infirmary," he remembered as he looked to the items he'd collected so they could get the prisoners and William out of there with some haste.

Andy nodded she put the items on the floor and placed the piles from the three other prisoners beside it. Dalett had a dagger, some broken down half rotten celluloid buttons containing corrupted Tass, a comb and keys to her room. Mala had a lipstick, a gun and a pack of gum. Allison had keys to her room, a wand and a ritual dagger, a phone, a used cinema ticket and a few coins in her pockets.
"Hum...perhaps one of the Adepts we have with us in our group can get that prisoner and the birds so we do not have to run all over the Labyrinth looking for them."
Andy said and pointed to two men and a young woman, the woman was the same young Adept that you had met a few hours earlier when she was out in Morningstar's garden walking her pug, the two men you do not know.

"Yes, they may have investment marks or...well, let us hope there are not any others willing to birth spiritual or demonic abominations, but that has to be considered, unfortunately, though with as much tact as possible and by a female if that is possible or preferred," he agreed.

The Nephandi prisoners looked at one another, they seamed a bit confused over all of this fuss over their dignity, they where nervous, in the Labyrinth anyone strong enough to control them could do as he or she pleased, they had expected the same treatment from their captors and they gave the Traditions mages uncertain looks.

Then he turned his attention to the items and looked for anything that would be problematic, traces of magic indicating traps, hung spells or tracking spells, performing the rote that he had completed before for such purpose.

Your rote went easy enough. You could see the traces of twisted Nephandic magick on the ritual tools, the wands and daggers, there was to be expected they would have magickal residues on them, the rest of them items had no magick attached to them though and none of them had any active spells on them.

Colin nodded, "I know what you mean. There's a very special lady I can't wait to hear chew me out for putting myself in danger and getting injured..."

"Ah I see, you are a lucky man then."
Leon said and smiled.
"Yeah I want to go and see my brother, see that he is ok and if he want to yell at me then that is just fine."

He smiled, "Hum, I was thinking of seeing one in the wild, as it were - drifting free in the Umbra. To see one incarnated, for me, just requires introspection..."

"Seeing and Avatar without a host that is quite dangerous, I am sure it would be interesting but it is the kind of interesting that get you remarkably dead."
The Jerbiton griped then his eyes widened.
"You have such a shard collective that is quite...oh my how do that feel?"
He asked as he gave you a look as if you had just grown pink horns on the top of your head.

He nodded darkly, "Yes, but the counsel you should draw from that fear is to make sure you can always find an escape route, not to withdraw yourself from everything. Even the safest sanctum can be breached, but someone who always has an escape route at hand can not be easily captured..."

"I guess you are right about that."
The young Jerbiton agreed hesitantly.

He nodded, glancing at Dalett, "Yes... too many lambs to the slaughter... it might shake the powers that be."

"Hum...yes Horizon will not be a plesant place once these trials begin...and what comes after the trials."
Adjan agreed and frowned.
"It might shake things up, at least all of these lambs for the block will create for a whole lot of scared magi, what can be done with that fear to shape things in the future though, that is another matter."

He nodded, then frowned and lowered his voice a bit, "Not all is lost, not all is beyond redemption..."

The death magus raised an eyebrow.
"I fear you have lost me there, if the Labyrinth Keeper have gone through...that there will be nothing left of her."

He nodded, then frowned, "You know, I will be starting a project later - working on an Umbral ship in nead of a good cleaning. I think you might see some benefit in lending a hand with that... this is not the place for details, though."

"Perhaps, I would prefer not to attract more Jhor though."
Adjan said and glanced at you.
"Agreed we should discuss it somewhere the walls do not literary have ears."
He said and pointed at an ear growing out of one of the walls right next to a vagina and two large eyes.

He sighed, "Yes, I rather pity his Avatar, too. It seems fairly likely it is not fond of him, either. It does seem Larson only kept him around as an easily expendable goon, really..."

"I certainly would not want to be stuck in that man's soul but I guess Larson found her uses for the guy, that is not my place to say."
Dalett said and shrugged.

He smiled, actually smugly, "It is decidedly corrupted Tass - and if I were forced to draw the Quintessence into myself to employ it, it would be rather like juggling plutonium. However, I have recently devised a Rote allowing me to draw Quintessence directly into a spell from anywhere I can find it available - Tremere himself would have been rather impressed with that, I think."

"Oh that is quite a rote I would be quite interested in paying to learn it, if our Paradigms in any way match that is."
Andy said and she looked quite impressed.
"Tremere can, if you excuse my French go and fuck himself but for the rest of us, I can see many uses for something like that."

He wrapped the two stones in his handkerchief, "That doesn't mean I'm entirely eager to touch these things with my bare hands, of course - the stones feel rather like they're coated in Tim Curry's voice from his most insidious roles."

Andy grinned at that.
"No I would not like to touch those stones."
Dalett spoke up.
"I have a few Drams of Tass as well in some buttons that was taken from me, you are welcome to it Sir, this Labyrinth is done for anyway so it is not like it will do anyone any harm to give it to you, I know you can just take it, but I am saying you can do so with my blessing, if it matters to you."
She offered softly.

He shook his head, "No, I'm afraid protesting won't help much. But I do believe the examinations will be as uninvasive and proper as is feasible. There's a fine line between thoroughness and abuse, and I'll be quite upset with anyone even contemplating crossing that line."

"I did not suspect that protesting would help."
Allison said and shrugged.
"I find it hard to believe no one among you will exploit the situation though, as long as that bloody serum works I am pretty much at your mercy."
She said sounding confused.
"I am quite sure you will not be touched, any examination needed can be done with magick, a woman might need to see your naked body to check for such marks but beyond that I am sure no further damage to your dignity will be done."
Adjan tried to assure the young apprentice but she still looked quite doubtful, Dalett and Mala to for that matter.
"That is not how prisoners are treated around here Sir."
Mala said, she had a nice voice and she glanced at you for a moment then looked down humbly.

(OOC: Bloody Windows it have spent several hours on an update. Sorry for the late reply.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:46 am

"Hum...perhaps one of the Adepts we have with us in our group can get that prisoner and the birds so we do not have to run all over the Labyrinth looking for them." Andy said and pointed

"That would be up to the Lady," he said to Andy, nodding to Crexia. "I had just thought of them as we came back here," he said, looking over the items as they were passed to him. "As she says, no one alone but even in trios it is none too safe here." He said thank you as Andy began to unload the items for inspection.

"I am quite sure you will not be touched, any examination needed can be done with magick, a woman might need to see your naked body to check for such marks but beyond that I am sure no further damage to your dignity will be done." Adjan tried to assure the young apprentice but she still looked quite doubtful, Dalett and Mala to for that matter.

"That is not how prisoners are treated around here Sir." Mala said, she had a nice voice and she glanced at you for a moment then looked down humbly.

"Yes...we're aware," Adley said in a dry tone, having rather too intimate an awareness of that fact and wanting nothing to do with repeating such a thing upon someone else. He stood up from looking over the items, tying them up in bundles for transport. "There seems to be no hostile spells like trackers or traps that I could detect, at least nothing active. Other than the residues you would expect to find on tools, the buttons are tass as you already found," he said with a nod to Colin. "One of us might wish to keep the pistol as a holdout and we could look over the phone, then turn it off if it's coming with us..."

// lol coated in Tim Curry's voice xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:46 am

"That would be up to the Lady," he said to Andy, nodding to Crexia. "I had just thought of them as we came back here," he said, looking over the items as they were passed to him. "As she says, no one alone but even in trios it is none too safe here." He said thank you as Andy began to unload the items for inspection.

Andy nodded and looked at Crexia.
"Ma'am I was thinking I am told we also have another prisoner and a pair of birds perhaps one of our Virtual Adepts could get them without the need to go physically to get them."
Crexia nodded.
"If they can do so safely."
She agreed. One of the Adepts smirked.
"I am so glad you are volunteering us Andy."
The girl you had spoken with earlier spoke up.
"Oh pipe it down Zack. Anyway I can take care of it."
She said and fished up her phone.
"Do anyone have a map where you can show me where this prisoner and the birds are?"
She requested.
"Names young ones...be careful of names!"
Crexia said and shook her head.

"Yes...we're aware," Adley said in a dry tone, having rather too intimate an awareness of that fact and wanting nothing to do with repeating such a thing upon someone else.

Mala looked at you for a moment but she said nothing, then she looked down again.

He stood up from looking over the items, tying them up in bundles for transport. "There seems to be no hostile spells like trackers or traps that I could detect, at least nothing active. Other than the residues you would expect to find on tools, the buttons are tass as you already found," he said with a nod to Colin. "One of us might wish to keep the pistol as a holdout and we could look over the phone, then turn it off if it's coming with us..."

"I could have a look at the phones see what I find."
The Virtual Adept the Labyrinth now knew was named Zach offered.
"The tools should be left here they are the ones with the most arcane connections to them, the other items we can bring along."
Crexia said and you saw both Allison and Dalett looking sad over that, they where as attached to their favored foci as any mage.
"Well i guess I will never need them again."
Dalett muttered fear and sadness in her eyes. Mala moved in a little closer to try to comfort her mistress but it did not appear to be working much. Allison sigh.
"I would prefer to keep my foci but I guess if things go well I can always get new ones."
She said but she did not look pleased.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:54 am

"Ah I see, you are a lucky man then."
Leon said and smiled.
"Yeah I want to go and see my brother, see that he is ok and if he want to yell at me then that is just fine."
Colin smirked, "Yes, I've had a few spoilers, as well... Despite it all, it seems I'm going to have at least twenty very pleasant years coming along right off the bat."

"Seeing and Avatar without a host that is quite dangerous, I am sure it would be interesting but it is the kind of interesting that get you remarkably dead."
The Jerbiton griped then his eyes widened.
"You have such a shard collective that is quite...oh my how do that feel?"
He asked as he gave you a look as if you had just grown pink horns on the top of your head.
He arched an eyebrow, "How does it feel to have a normal one? But seriously, it doesn't feel much different, except perhaps that the realization brought us closer. And she's getting stronger. It is slightly unnerving, since I don't know how far we're able to go, but encountering such a free-roaming cluster... might not be dangerous to me, but a potential source of greater power. I wouldn't recommend seeking one out without a well shielded ship, though."

The death magus raised an eyebrow.
"I fear you have lost me there, if the Labyrinth Keeper have gone through...that there will be nothing left of her."
He nodded, "I might elaborate later."

"Perhaps, I would prefer not to attract more Jhor though."
Adjan said and glanced at you.
"Agreed we should discuss it somewhere the walls do not literary have ears."
He said and pointed at an ear growing out of one of the walls right next to a vagina and two large eyes.
He shook his head, "I would not ask you to come if I thought you would be put at such risk - in fact, it's quite the contrary. If I can successfully clean the ship, it should be possible to help you do the same... But, I have to hammer out the hypotheses and theories before I dare try put them into practice."

"Oh that is quite a rote I would be quite interested in paying to learn it, if our Paradigms in any way match that is."
Andy said and she looked quite impressed.
"Tremere can, if you excuse my French go and fuck himself but for the rest of us, I can see many uses for something like that."
He grinned, "Well, I hope to see it in print in the Paradigma in a matter of months - I believe I should be able to explain it in enough ways that most Traditions should be able to figure it out."

Andy grinned at that.
"No I would not like to touch those stones."
Dalett spoke up.
"I have a few Drams of Tass as well in some buttons that was taken from me, you are welcome to it Sir, this Labyrinth is done for anyway so it is not like it will do anyone any harm to give it to you, I know you can just take it, but I am saying you can do so with my blessing, if it matters to you."
She offered softly.
He smiled, "Thank you - that does actually matter. Not as a practical thing, I suppose, but the element of consent is... significant."

"I did not suspect that protesting would help."
Allison said and shrugged.
"I find it hard to believe no one among you will exploit the situation though, as long as that bloody serum works I am pretty much at your mercy."
She said sounding confused.
"I am quite sure you will not be touched, any examination needed can be done with magick, a woman might need to see your naked body to check for such marks but beyond that I am sure no further damage to your dignity will be done."
Adjan tried to assure the young apprentice but she still looked quite doubtful, Dalett and Mala to for that matter.
"That is not how prisoners are treated around here Sir."
Mala said, she had a nice voice and she glanced at you for a moment then looked down humbly.
He nodded, "No, I suppose it isn't... and I suppose you're right, it is quite inconceivable that none among us would take advantage of the circumstances, but it is the obligation of the strong to ensure the weak are not abused. Those who take every advantage of the disadvantaged... there'll be a reckoning. One day, some way, those who abuse power will find themselves off balance, and then... the man comes around."

"Yes...we're aware," Adley said in a dry tone, having rather too intimate an awareness of that fact and wanting nothing to do with repeating such a thing upon someone else. He stood up from looking over the items, tying them up in bundles for transport. "There seems to be no hostile spells like trackers or traps that I could detect, at least nothing active. Other than the residues you would expect to find on tools, the buttons are tass as you already found," he said with a nod to Colin. "One of us might wish to keep the pistol as a holdout and we could look over the phone, then turn it off if it's coming with us..."
He nodded and picked up the buttons, as well, "I already have a spare gun on me - you take it."

Dalett looked at you and gave a slightly apologetic smile.
"I will try to keep to English then."
She agreed with a small sigh.
He smiled thinly, "Thank you."

((OOC: What, you've never watched Ferngully? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:29 am

Colin smirked, "Yes, I've had a few spoilers, as well... Despite it all, it seems I'm going to have at least twenty very pleasant years coming along right off the bat."

"Well that is more than what many get. I wish you the best with it."
Leon said and he smiled a little.

He arched an eyebrow, "How does it feel to have a normal one? But seriously, it doesn't feel much different, except perhaps that the realization brought us closer. And she's getting stronger. It is slightly unnerving, since I don't know how far we're able to go, but encountering such a free-roaming cluster... might not be dangerous to me, but a potential source of greater power. I wouldn't recommend seeking one out without a well shielded ship, though."

"I ehm...don't know I can not say I feel her much, she communicate through dreams."
The Jerbiton said and scratched his head.
"Hum no I would not want to meet such a cluster without some very good shields between me and it, are you saying you can absorb it to get stronger? That is quite...amazing!"

He nodded, "I might elaborate later."

Adjan nodded at that.
"Very well."

He shook his head, "I would not ask you to come if I thought you would be put at such risk - in fact, it's quite the contrary. If I can successfully clean the ship, it should be possible to help you do the same... But, I have to hammer out the hypotheses and theories before I dare try put them into practice."

"You are saying you are working on a way to clean Resonance out of a mage?"
Adjan asked as he raised an eyebrow.
"That would be quite...a lifesaver to my Tradition. Hum well if you have such methods then I will have no reservations against helping you with the ship you mentioned, off course provided that they work..."

He grinned, "Well, I hope to see it in print in the Paradigma in a matter of months - I believe I should be able to explain it in enough ways that most Traditions should be able to figure it out."

"I am going to have to buy that issue then, though I would think you could earn more by offering privately to paying students."
Andy said as she glanced over at you.
"Such a rote would have so many applications."

He smiled, "Thank you - that does actually matter. Not as a practical thing, I suppose, but the element of consent is... significant."

Dalett looked at you for a moment then she nodded.
"Very well the buttons are yours."

He nodded, "No, I suppose it isn't... and I suppose you're right, it is quite inconceivable that none among us would take advantage of the circumstances, but it is the obligation of the strong to ensure the weak are not abused. Those who take every advantage of the disadvantaged... there'll be a reckoning. One day, some way, those who abuse power will find themselves off balance, and then... the man comes around."

Mala and Allison looked at one another and then at you they seamed quite confused then Allison said.
"This idea is quite alien to me, but I am grateful non the less, I would not want to...well anyway if it is true it will make this a little easier."
She commented sullenly.

He smiled thinly, "Thank you."

The captured Nephanda looked at you and nodded.

(OOC: I have watched it but it is a long time ago and I only remember the basic plotline.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum