Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

5 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:51 pm

"Ah well I know I would not mind a stiff drink at the moment, perhaps it helps, getting drunk and watching science fiction as well is a great way to spend an evening but I am not so sure it will help sort of that mess of what did you call it a timy wimy ball?"
Felicity said and raised an eyebrow.
Colin smiled, "Doctor Who has run for over fifty years... well, skipping a few years in there, but still... You could say it has inoculated me to some extent against the confusion of temporal loops and paradoxes. I wouldn't necessarily think it gives me a free pass against the Scourge, but it does help sort out the timey-wimey ball."

"Yeah I mean both will leave you without magick but if one turn into a vampire...they can't kill themselves can they or so I hear? Also I wonder what kind of afterlife if any are in store for them...I mean I have not met any other vampires than Miss Jarden really but still they freak me out."
Leon said and grimaced.
He nodded, "I've... met a few others. Including a Tremere who was a Tremere when it was a House. There's good reason to be unnerved, but much as they are powerful predators, they are somewhat tragic figures, I suppose."

"Well if I actually got it into my head to become a Nephandus, that I actually wanted to be one do feel free to kill me that would be better."
Zach said just as evenly.
"But if it was some mistake or coercion involved then sure feel free to disable me and resolve the situation without shooting my head of."
He nodded and gave Zach a quick pat on the shoulder, "Let us just carry on and make sure none of us wind up in that unenviable position in the first place."

"Oh dear, that poor child, probably Miss Bosh then she...is good at the technical part of her job, if I ave a wound I can't heal that need cleaning and stitching I would go to her and feel confident I was in the best of hands but I would not take my children to her for their checkups to say it like that."
Kristina said as she hurried along beside you.
He nodded, "From the description, it seems she's just lacking empathy, rather than being outright cruel. Not that that is much of an improvement on the spot."

The hedge wizard healer looked at you then down at her hand and saw the syringe she had forgotten she quickly capped it and muttered.
"Ah yes off course I am sorry...Mr Wainwright was it."
Her eyes widened when she heard what Anna had seen.
"Oh...I did not know I am dreadfully sorry, I get allot of scared kids where I work and it is best to just have someone hold them down and get it over with but if she have experienced something like that it is a trouble I understand that certainly, poor child."
He nodded, "In the future, it might be wise to check if the child is merely scared of needles, or if it is a genuine phobia. Anna has a weak heart - if that fails in her panicked state, well... suffice to say, if it happens again, I will consider it attempted murder and respond appropriately. Forcing a child down and just getting it done is... a very efficient way to get them to fear doctors and nurses. You might wish to brush up on your psychology."

Anna looked at you and she looked miserable, her eyes was red from crying and she was terrified, she was holding onto the tray as best she could with her wounded hands.
"She wanted to harm my brain, she said that needle would affect my brain!"
She screamed.
"I am going to become like that man in the bed over there and they want to harm my brain as well!"
She sobbed and curled up more and coughed violently, she was deathly pale and did not look healthy.
He shook his head, "She wanted to calm you down - right now your brain is telling every muscle in your body to fight, and your heart is weak, dangerously so... So weak, in fact, that there is no way you will end up like Wolfgang over there. If they tried, it would with absolute certainty kill you, and then your glass dragon would be confused, angry and alone, and go on a murderous rampage and never find his precious beach. Try to breathe slowly, relax a little, I won't let anyone hurt you."

Anna glanced at the doll over the tray she was holding and her eyes widened.
"That...that...was mine...I remember...before Gabriel captured us my mother gave that to me, she carved it out of a log."
She muttered then she looked at recognition and shock on her face.
"I...met you in the Labyrinth when I was little I...it is fuzzy but I...remember I...you can save her in the future? My mother?"
She asked.
He smiled, "I don't know if I can, but i know I can try. But only if you stay with me... I'm offering you a chance, as my apprentice; there'll be some difficulty at first, but I've seen the future. We'll be living on Horizon with my wife and child, in a nice little green house with a ghost cat demanding our attention and petting. You'll be courageous, even learning to control your fear, but most importantly, you'll be making great strides toward the beach."
He inched closer, until the doll was within Anna's reach, "Does that sound agreeable to you? I know a great lawyer who'll help protect you, I trust her with my own soul - already have, in fact - and I think she'll help Allison, as well. Plus, we saved Rikki from the Labyrinth, as well as your marbles and your library; I'd be so sad if we couldn't study those books together."

Anna glanced at Kristina still holding onto the tray.
"A healer...what is she going to do to me?"
She asked nervously. Kristina who stood a good distance away took one of her crystals out of her belt pouch and rolled it over to you so you could show the girl that her methods would not hurt her.
"Another room...are you sure no one will hurt me...no one will stick me with needles for any reason?"
Anna asked skeptically not quite believing it she was still holding onto that tray for bare life and struggeling to breathe.
He nodded to her broken thumb, picking up the crystal and holding it up, "She will mend your broken thumb, and try to keep your heart from stopping. No needles, no touching your head, just some elegant use of these crystals' healing ability. And yes, I am sure no one will come with needles for any reason - I will make it absolutely clear that anyone trying to do so will be shot, somewhere painful and slow to heal. You are under my personal protection now, and I take that seriously. If ever blood needs to be drawn, or medication given, you have my word, I will do everything I can to ensure it won't be using needles."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Adley Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:17 pm

You saw Zach speak with Colin he was clearly rather stressed and you could see why, Flavio lay completely limp on the floor. You heard the two of them speculate that the prisoner had ended up in a Seeking after you left him and it could seam that it was correct. Zach and Colin then discussed Hans Harris setting up a portal to get everyone not needed to destroy the Caul back to Morningstar and then it appeared that Colin got some disturbing news. "Keep an eye on things until the portal is up if you please and then help me get everyone through safely would you Sodalis?" Joakim asked, he glanced at Flavio and frowned. Joakim was still carrying Abigail over his shoulder.

"Yes, sir," he nodded, looking between Zachary and Flavio with a confused look and then to Colin. "What happened?" he said, more to himself. Then, as the portal set up he started helping people through it.

Returning to the corridor, he gave Adley a nod, "Medical crisis, I've got to return a little ahead of schedule. Stay safe." Then he made straight for Harris' portal and powered through.

The same question was on his mind when Colin popped through the portal. "You too," he replied, as he left, with a concerned look. Then he went back to helping those through the portal that were leaving. "Damn," he sighed. He would find out soon enough - after they had secured their prisoner.

// All good Anja. I had a great time ^_^
Colin is sneaky! Also round glasses ftw

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled, "Doctor Who has run for over fifty years... well, skipping a few years in there, but still... You could say it has inoculated me to some extent against the confusion of temporal loops and paradoxes. I wouldn't necessarily think it gives me a free pass against the Scourge, but it does help sort out the timey-wimey ball."

"Well then that is a useful TV series if it helps you wrap your head around your visions. I have to say though I do not understand how the Cultists do it."
Felicity said with a bit of a wry smile.

He nodded, "I've... met a few others. Including a Tremere who was a Tremere when it was a House. There's good reason to be unnerved, but much as they are powerful predators, they are somewhat tragic figures, I suppose."

"Hum...there are rumors that you brought a vampire back during that mission where you became aware of Carlyle's existence."
Leon said and he sigh.
"Yeah I suppose they are tragic figures in a way but Miss Jarden do not seam depressed or anything she well mostly she just seam like a normal person unless you really scare her or touch her or something."

He nodded and gave Zach a quick pat on the shoulder, "Let us just carry on and make sure none of us wind up in that unenviable position in the first place."

"Amen to that!"
Zach said and gave you a weary smile.
"Let us indeed make sure of that."

He nodded, "From the description, it seems she's just lacking empathy, rather than being outright cruel. Not that that is much of an improvement on the spot."

"Miss Bosh is not cruel but yes she might have to little empathy, she wanted to give my children five shots ones for vaccines and was most cross when I told her no it was not happening, one or at most two at a time with some months in between at least I am not traumatizing my children with preventative medicine. I pointed out to her that after USA increased the number of illnesses that vaccines are recommended form the usual between 9 and 11 that are common in Europe to nearly 60 with as many as six injections at the time, sometimes more if some dozes was missed at earlier appointments the number of individuals with so severe fear of needles they refuse needed medical aid have risen to four times what you find in Europe, that did not impress her though. Miss Bosh feel children do not know their own good and need to be forced if they do not immediately agree."
Kristina said and shook her head as she ran beside you.
"She mean well...but I do not like her attitude."

He nodded, "In the future, it might be wise to check if the child is merely scared of needles, or if it is a genuine phobia.

"And how would one tell the difference? I work at a nurses office in a children's clinic I have at least five or six children a day that have to be restrained by several strong male nurses for their vaccinations and several more that cry and beg, they do not know their own good and it is better to be firm than to drag it out."
Miss Bosh protested.

Anna has a weak heart - if that fails in her panicked state, well... suffice to say, if it happens again, I will consider it attempted murder and respond appropriately. Forcing a child down and just getting it done is... a very efficient way to get them to fear doctors and nurses. You might wish to brush up on your psychology."

"It was exactly because of her weak heart I wanted to give her something to calm her down the young prisoner where panicking."
Mrs Bosh said and again she looked like she wanted to protest but she did not dare start and argument with a true mage and looked away.
"Very well Sir..."
She muttered but she clearly did not agree.

He shook his head, "She wanted to calm you down - right now your brain is telling every muscle in your body to fight, and your heart is weak, dangerously so... So weak, in fact, that there is no way you will end up like Wolfgang over there. If they tried, it would with absolute certainty kill you, and then your glass dragon would be confused, angry and alone, and go on a murderous rampage and never find his precious beach. Try to breathe slowly, relax a little, I won't let anyone hurt you."

"But she said it would change things in my head I have seen how my Mentor change things in people's heads!"
Anna cried then she looked at you.
"Is that why my chest hurt, it burns and it is so hard to breathe?"
She asked and glanced towards Wolfgang's bed.
"Is that is name? Wolfgang? Did someone hurt him is that why he is like that?"
She asked then she gave you a confused look.
"How do you know my Glass Dragon want to be a beach? I have not told anyone that...how?"
She seamed gave you a curious look and peeked out from behind the metal tray.
"So they...can't Gilgul me? I would die?"
She asked.
"Are you sure?"

He smiled, "I don't know if I can, but i know I can try. But only if you stay with me... I'm offering you a chance, as my apprentice; there'll be some difficulty at first, but I've seen the future. We'll be living on Horizon with my wife and child, in a nice little green house with a ghost cat demanding our attention and petting. You'll be courageous, even learning to control your fear, but most importantly, you'll be making great strides toward the beach."

"A ghost cat sounds nice..."
The little girl admitted.
"You want me...to be your apprentice? Are you going to torture anyone? Gabriel tortures people...and I am weak I do not like it...I do not know if I can ever learn to like it."
She muttered fearfully and started crying again.
"I don't want to control my fear I just want to practice magick and not be hurt!"
She sobbed.

He inched closer, until the doll was within Anna's reach, "Does that sound agreeable to you? I know a great lawyer who'll help protect you, I trust her with my own soul - already have, in fact - and I think she'll help Allison, as well. Plus, we saved Rikki from the Labyrinth, as well as your marbles and your library; I'd be so sad if we couldn't study those books together."

Anna looked at the doll and hesitated she could not grab it and hold onto the tray for if she used her wounded hand the doll would be soiled with blood, eventually she put the tray down, very slowly and nervously and reached for the doll with the hand that still had the cuff attached and took it and hugged it towards herself she coughed and you saw there was blood in her spit as she did so.
"Allison survived the raid? And Rikka...that is good. I saw William lived did anyone else make it? Was anyone captured?"
She asked sounding very sad.
"You have my marbles and my books? I...I would like that I do like to study but...I am scared..."
She muttered.
"Do you think this lawyer you speak of can help me?"

He nodded to her broken thumb, picking up the crystal and holding it up, "She will mend your broken thumb, and try to keep your heart from stopping. No needles, no touching your head, just some elegant use of these crystals' healing ability.

"That is pretty..."
Anna muttered, she was calming down but she was weak, dangerous so her panic had drained what little reserves she had.
"O...ok she can use the crystals...to heal my thumb...I...I am not feeling to well..."
The child muttered weakly.

And yes, I am sure no one will come with needles for any reason - I will make it absolutely clear that anyone trying to do so will be shot, somewhere painful and slow to heal. You are under my personal protection now, and I take that seriously.

Anna looked at you and put a hand to her midsection.
"Yes you are good at shooting people."
She agreed but there was no spite in her words, just acknowledging a truth.
"You will protect me?"

If ever blood needs to be drawn, or medication given, you have my word, I will do everything I can to ensure it won't be using needles."

Anna considered for a while then she seamed to come to the conclusion you where telling the truth and the begun climbing out of her hiding place, she managed to grab your hand but then she went limp and she fainted falling into a heap halfway out of the corner.

Adley:

"Yes, sir," he nodded, looking between Zachary and Flavio with a confused look and then to Colin. "What happened?" he said, more to himself. Then, as the portal set up he started helping people through it.

"I did nothing to hurt him!"
Zach said and shook his hands as if to ward off that notion.
"After you guys left I asked the prisoner if he wanted some water, he looked rather out of it and he agreed to that so I gave him some, after that he told me he would tell me what he knew about Lisa Larson's labyrinth...that is the bitch in Boston is it not? Anyway I recorded what he said it was not much but it sure where enough to creep me out, and then he started screaming and complaining about pain, I tried to figure out if he was hurt and asked him if it was his hands inside all of that rock that was hurting and he said no and then he just collapsed like that I think he is in a Quiet or a Seeking or something."
The Virtual Adept explained hastily.
"I...I do not know wat to do now but your friend said he should not be given that anti magick serum before he is out of the mindscape..."

You begun helping people through Hans' portal back to Morningstar, the evacuation went quickly and without any problems.
"Should we carry Flavio though the portal?"
Zach asked as Joakim went through with the still form of Abigail.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Ok then, if you have to flee, meet me at the central square. In front of so many we all will be tied up, but my magick is subtle so maybe we will have the upper hand. In any case, i doubt they'll risk so much.

Call me if there's anything new, alright?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:21 pm

Ok then, if you have to flee, meet me at the central square. In front of so many we all will be tied up, but my magick is subtle so maybe we will have the upper hand. In any case, i doubt they'll risk so much.

"I hate crowds of humans but fair enough there are wisdom in your idea brother."
Coawa said he clearly where not happy about the idea.
"Hopefully that will not be needed but if we have to flee I will get the females to the center of the city and wait for you there."

Call me if there's anything new, alright?

"I will do that, and you as well brother call me if you need my aid brother."
He said.
"Ok is there anything else you need at the moment then?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:21 pm

"I am afraid you will be disappointed there kid, the Chantry is housed in an apartment building, there is not allot of medieval fortresses in the middle of Boston...the name comes from the Chantry's founder, George Steelhaven, he might have come from a fortress like that once though, no one know how old he is." Ryan said as he drove he sounded slightly amused.

Serge laughs and says, "I've never been concerned with what the reality of something is. Too boring and mundane for my taste. I can make anything look like anything else....inside my own head....or other people's heads. The power of the mind and imagination and all that."

"So that is our leaders, most others you will meet in time...there is a few other things you should be aware of though...ehm we have some prisoners from our clashes with the Nephandi, they will hopefully be taken to Horizon to stand trial today, but be aware of them anyway and stay well clear unless given an order to keep guard or something...and you should also know that one of these Fallen is...was a member of Westchapel." He said sadly.

"Cadence Clearwater the student of Mrs Danielson..."

"Damn...really?" Serge said sadly. He remembered the girls face, kind, caring, and friendly.

"I can't even imagine...well I can but...I would never have thought someone like that would turn to the Nephandi. Why would she even think about doing something like that? Did you guys ever find out why she joined the Nephandi?" Serge wondered as he continued to draw, mostly as a distraction from the sadness that was now present within the car.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:30 pm

Serge laughs and says, "I've never been concerned with what the reality of something is. Too boring and mundane for my taste. I can make anything look like anything else....inside my own head. The power of the mind and imagination. "

"Ah yes Deaconess O'Conner is going to adore you."
Ryan said he sounded more than a little amused.
"But keep that imagination kid there is a power in it and who is to say which reality is real anyway, we do sort of reweave it every time we cast a spell so we know it is fluid, perhaps it is your world that is real and the rest of us are just boring."
He said half laughing.

"Damn...really?" Serge said sadly. He remembered the girls face, kind, caring, and friendly.

"Unfortunately yes there is little doubt about it she was found with a group of Nephanding defending a storehouse where they kept some of our own prisoner."
The old Cultist said and shook his head sadly.

"I can't even imagine...well I can but...I would never have thought someone like that would turn to the Nephandi. Why would she even think about doing something like that?" Serge wondered as he continued to draw, mostly as a distraction from the sadness that was now present within the car.

"Hard to say, we know some have been coerced to join but I do not know if that is the case here. A Dreamspeaker at the Chantry captured her and he have apparently got a soft spot for her and is trying to get her legal aid or something so she can't be all gone but I just don't know why anyone would sell their soul to the Fallen, perhaps they had an offer she could not refuse, they are master manipulators and know how to tempt a person with just the thing they think they want, all it takes then is being weak for one moment and you are trapped in their web, that is perhaps the most dangerous thing about the Fallen."
Ryan said and shook his head sadly.
"And now she is lost to us...forever..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:10 pm

"Well then that is a useful TV series if it helps you wrap your head around your visions. I have to say though I do not understand how the Cultists do it."
Felicity said with a bit of a wry smile.
Colin grinned, "I believe the term is 'altered states of mind'. Which, really, is a good description for wrapping your mind around anything out of the ordinary."

"Hum...there are rumors that you brought a vampire back during that mission where you became aware of Carlyle's existence."
Leon said and he sigh.
"Yeah I suppose they are tragic figures in a way but Miss Jarden do not seam depressed or anything she well mostly she just seam like a normal person unless you really scare her or touch her or something."
He smiled thinly, "That's the one, yes. And you don't have to seem or be depressed to be a tragic figure. The vampires, though, seem to have an... inescapable dark fate waiting, however far off; while I don't know for certain, it seems that whatever the time and manner of their death, there's nothing good to meet them on the other side... And that is tragic."

He frowned as he moved toward the portal, "Nurse fucked up. I'll fill you in when it's sorted out."

"Miss Bosh is not cruel but yes she might have to little empathy, she wanted to give my children five shots ones for vaccines and was most cross when I told her no it was not happening, one or at most two at a time with some months in between at least I am not traumatizing my children with preventative medicine. I pointed out to her that after USA increased the number of illnesses that vaccines are recommended form the usual between 9 and 11 that are common in Europe to nearly 60 with as many as six injections at the time, sometimes more if some dozes was missed at earlier appointments the number of individuals with so severe fear of needles they refuse needed medical aid have risen to four times what you find in Europe, that did not impress her though. Miss Bosh feel children do not know their own good and need to be forced if they do not immediately agree."
Kristina said and shook her head as she ran beside you.
"She mean well...but I do not like her attitude."
He arched both eyebrows, "Sixty? Bloody hell, that's... whyever the hell can't they use more compound vaccines like the MMR? Still, sixty vaccines isn't bad, since they prevent illness, but six shots at a time... no, that's not a good schedule. Especially not if it turns out a child has an adverse reaction to one or more... Christ, that's... much too hard on children..."

"And how would one tell the difference? I work at a nurses office in a children's clinic I have at least five or six children a day that have to be restrained by several strong male nurses for their vaccinations and several more that cry and beg, they do not know their own good and it is better to be firm than to drag it out."
Miss Bosh protested.
He narrowed his eyes, ever so slightly, "Suddenly the anti-vaccine movement starts making a lot more sense... I may have received fewer vaccinations than present-day American children, but you know what? I never was afraid of them after I was big enough to be afraid, because my mother was there to hold my hand and shepherd me through it. Perhaps you ought to consider that next time instead; have a parent just hold their hand instead of committing an outright case of child abuse. Catching a vaccine-preventable disease is perhaps unfortunate, but giving children a reason to fear nurses and doctors well into adulthood... that's worse. Far, far worse."

"It was exactly because of her weak heart I wanted to give her something to calm her down the young prisoner where panicking."
Mrs Bosh said and again she looked like she wanted to protest but she did not dare start and argument with a true mage and looked away.
"Very well Sir..."
She muttered but she clearly did not agree.
He nodded, "And while I understand your motivation, you should have checked whether an ingested drug would have been better. I'm not going to suggest your medical skills are flawed, but your bedside manner leaves much to be desired."

"But she said it would change things in my head I have seen how my Mentor change things in people's heads!"
Anna cried then she looked at you.
"Is that why my chest hurt, it burns and it is so hard to breathe?"
He nodded, "She tried to give you something that would calm you down; she didn't know what Gabriel had forced you to watch... The difference being that he tried to break people, while she tries to... well, she means well, but her skills with people seem lacking."

She asked and glanced towards Wolfgang's bed.
"Is that is name? Wolfgang? Did someone hurt him is that why he is like that?"
He nodded, "Someone hurt him, yes... Gabriel, Warden and a few others attacked his Chantry yesterday, and tortured him... His Avatar had long since left him on its own, though - I'm given to understand he hurt someone, and was explicitly not allowed to, so it found another Mage to stay with. Apparently, the little girl we both tried to find when we met at that apartment complex - Tian's daughter - is that very Mage. We're... hoping letting the girl visit him will rejuvenate him a bit."

She asked then she gave you a confused look.
"How do you know my Glass Dragon want to be a beach? I have not told anyone that...how?"
She seamed gave you a curious look and peeked out from behind the metal tray.
"So they...can't Gilgul me? I would die?"
She asked.
"Are you sure?"
He grinned wryly, "Yes, well, we will have that conversation where you tell me about your lazy dragon's dreams of beaches in a few weeks. It's complicated... it seems we're bound to have a lot of conversations in the wrong order, we two. And yes, if they were to try that ritual, you would die. And I would very much like to avoid that."

"A ghost cat sounds nice..."
The little girl admitted.
"You want me...to be your apprentice? Are you going to torture anyone? Gabriel tortures people...and I am weak I do not like it...I do not know if I can ever learn to like it."
She muttered fearfully and started crying again.
"I don't want to control my fear I just want to practice magick and not be hurt!"
She sobbed.
He nodded, "I do want to take you on as my apprentice. I think I owe you that much - you are a great kid, and besides, Tian asked me to protect you. Besides, Gabriel is not going to object... he didn't make it out of the Mercere Chantry yesterday. So no torture, and so far as I can avoid it, I won't have you exposed to anything more needle-like than a pair of chopsticks."
He tilted his head to the side slightly, "Well, not entirely true; I think you're going to get a few pieces of jewelry for Christmas and birthdays over the years. By the way, the spirit who pierced your nose... was it a dark, shadowy fellow with silvery claws, sort of a cross between Freddie Krueger and Slenderman?"

Anna looked at the doll and hesitated she could not grab it and hold onto the tray for if she used her wounded hand the doll would be soiled with blood, eventually she put the tray down, very slowly and nervously and reached for the doll with the hand that still had the cuff attached and took it and hugged it towards herself she coughed and you saw there was blood in her spit as she did so.
"Allison survived the raid? And Rikka...that is good. I saw William lived did anyone else make it? Was anyone captured?"
He nodded, "Yes, we got Abigail... alive. She might never wake up, but she is alive. And... Matty surrendered, too - her Avatar is no longer bonded to that vicious bastard of a spirit it was grafted to. And... Dalett offered up her life in exchange for her daughter's death. Flavio tried to blow everything apart; second of his Balls of Abysmal Flame I've had to help defuse, but he was captured, too... A few others, I think... but the Labyrinth has fallen."

She asked sounding very sad.
"You have my marbles and my books? I...I would like that I do like to study but...I am scared..."
She muttered.
"Do you think this lawyer you speak of can help me?"
He nodded, "Well, one of the senior Magi here has the marbles and books in her pocket realm - I'm sure I'll get them when she gets back. You have a lot of marbles and interesting books, you know - I'm given to understand it's worth quite a bit, too. Not, of course, that selling any of it is going to happen, but we might gain you a bit of a nest egg letting others study the books for a fee. And I think this lawyer can help you; more importantly, she is willing to do so - and your case is a lot better than many others she has gladly taken on."

"That is pretty..."
Anna muttered, she was calming down but she was weak, dangerous so her panic had drained what little reserves she had.
"O...ok she can use the crystals...to heal my thumb...I...I am not feeling to well..."
The child muttered weakly.
He nodded and gestured for the Verbena to come closer, slowly, "Thank you... we'll get you moved into another room as quickly as possible."

Anna looked at you and put a hand to her midsection.
"Yes you are good at shooting people."
She agreed but there was no spite in her words, just acknowledging a truth.
"You will protect me?"
He nodded, "I will protect you... and you have already protected me in the past. It's complicated, and I will explain later."

Anna considered for a while then she seamed to come to the conclusion you where telling the truth and the begun climbing out of her hiding place, she managed to grab your hand but then she went limp and she fainted falling into a heap halfway out of the corner.
His eyes widened and he stepped forward, quickly hoisting Anna up and lifting her onto the bed, "Bugger! Mrs. Knox, time to show you're as good as I trust you are! I'm going to step back and out of the way... unless you need a hand."
He took a moment to make sure both handcuffs were locked into place on the same wrist, then stepped aside and picked up her doll, putting it on her nightstand, making sure he didn't get in Kristina's way.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:17 pm

"Hard to say, we know some have been coerced to join but I do not know if that is the case here. A Dreamspeaker at the Chantry captured her and he have apparently got a soft spot for her and is trying to get her legal aid or something so she can't be all gone but I just don't know why anyone would sell their soul to the Fallen, perhaps they had an offer she could not refuse, they are master manipulators and know how to tempt a person with just the thing they think they want, all it takes then is being weak for one moment and you are trapped in their web, that is perhaps the most dangerous thing about the Fallen." Ryan said and shook his head sadly.

"And now she is lost to us...forever..."

"Master manipulators who can quite literally mess with your mind or whatever the hell their magick can do to you." Serge said nervously as he listened to Ryan's increasingly somber response. His hands twitched somewhat as he sketched his vision onto the page.

Deciding to change the subject, Serge asked "So what's your magick like anyways? What kind of cool stuff can you do?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:16 pm

Colin:

Colin grinned, "I believe the term is 'altered states of mind'. Which, really, is a good description for wrapping your mind around anything out of the ordinary."

"Yeah that might be so, well perhaps i will learn to manipulate time one day as well and I will have to deal with that headache for now all I can do is wish you good luck with yours."
Felicity said and grinned.

He smiled thinly, "That's the one, yes. And you don't have to seem or be depressed to be a tragic figure. The vampires, though, seem to have an... inescapable dark fate waiting, however far off; while I don't know for certain, it seems that whatever the time and manner of their death, there's nothing good to meet them on the other side... And that is tragic."

"Well that would explain Miss Jarden's extreme fear of death, not that most people are not afraid of dying I know I am I want to live as long as possible but she is terrified if her afterlife will be...bad that is tragic that sort of means there is no escape no matter how mad her life gets."
Leon said and he looked down for a moment.
"That is not a good fate."

He arched both eyebrows, "Sixty? Bloody hell, that's... whyever the hell can't they use more compound vaccines like the MMR?

"MMRs cost more, single vaccines are simply cheaper. That is why most shots hurt more in the States than in Europe as well, the materials used other than the vaccine itself most American healthcare centers use the cheapest manufactured vaccines that will get the job done and most of the time the preservatives and other ingredients in them will burn allot more than in Europe where the most comfortable, healthiest options that are more expensive are chosen, sometimes there is an option to go for the better vaccines that would be less traumatic to the kids but they usually cost so much that you have to be well to do to afford them."

Still, sixty vaccines isn't bad, since they prevent illness, but six shots at a time... no, that's not a good schedule. Especially not if it turns out a child has an adverse reaction to one or more... Christ, that's... much too hard on children..."

"It is not so much the amount of vaccines as how it is done that I have a problem with, some of the ones that France do not offer though the regular program I have still gotten for my kids here in America but the problem is that they are not combined more and not more spread out, efficiency are what is valued and nothing else, and for most of the appointments kids will have to expect at least three shots at the time sometimes far more, and I am not putting the twins through that, now they are to young to protest much but when they get older they will get the choice themselves, I will offer intensives, treats and bribes but ultimately the choice will be theirs."
Kristina said and sigh.

He narrowed his eyes, ever so slightly, "Suddenly the anti-vaccine movement starts making a lot more sense... I may have received fewer vaccinations than present-day American children, but you know what? I never was afraid of them after I was big enough to be afraid, because my mother was there to hold my hand and shepherd me through it. Perhaps you ought to consider that next time instead; have a parent just hold their hand instead of committing an outright case of child abuse. Catching a vaccine-preventable disease is perhaps unfortunate, but giving children a reason to fear nurses and doctors well into adulthood... that's worse. Far, far worse."

"We off course try to have the parents just comfort the children first but often it is not enough the children refuse, pull away or do not sit still, especially older children. They recently added three shots to the eleven to twelve check up and those can be a challenge these kids are to old to be appeased just by a mother's hand and so force have to be used but off course if the presence of a parent is enough nothing is better than that."
Miss Bosh said and frowned at your words.

He nodded, "And while I understand your motivation, you should have checked whether an ingested drug would have been better. I'm not going to suggest your medical skills are flawed, but your bedside manner leaves much to be desired."

"I did check that Mr Wainwright, but I considered that with an ingested drug it would take far longer for it to have effect and I would need to give her a greater doze an injected agent was the best option."
The hedge wizard said defending herself.
"And I am not here to make patients like me and especially not a captured Nephandus I am here to make her well."

He nodded, "She tried to give you something that would calm you down; she didn't know what Gabriel had forced you to watch... The difference being that he tried to break people, while she tries to... well, she means well, but her skills with people seem lacking."

"Would what she tried to give me have damaged my brain?"
Anna said nervously.
"She said it would affect it...she tried to grab my arm so I kicked her."
She said and she curled up a little fearfully.

He nodded, "Someone hurt him, yes... Gabriel, Warden and a few others attacked his Chantry yesterday, and tortured him... His Avatar had long since left him on its own, though - I'm given to understand he hurt someone, and was explicitly not allowed to, so it found another Mage to stay with. Apparently, the little girl we both tried to find when we met at that apartment complex - Tian's daughter - is that very Mage. We're... hoping letting the girl visit him will rejuvenate him a bit."

"My Mentor is good at hurting people...he likes it."
Anna muttered and she glanced at Wolfgang.
"His Avatar left him? That is so sad...I did not know that could happen."
She muttered.
"I hope meeting that little girl will help him then...I know she is Tian's daughter that is why Lady Abigail wanted her."
The young Nephanda hesitated for a moment then she looked down.
"Do you think me freaking out over seeing him made that man...Wolfgang sad?"
She asked.

He grinned wryly, "Yes, well, we will have that conversation where you tell me about your lazy dragon's dreams of beaches in a few weeks. It's complicated... it seems we're bound to have a lot of conversations in the wrong order, we two. And yes, if they were to try that ritual, you would die. And I would very much like to avoid that."

"That is a little odd but I know what future visions can do...it is ok I can get used to things being in the wrong order even if it is odd that you know that my Avatar is lazy and want to be a beach."
The little girl said and looked at you then she looked down fearfully.
"I do not want to die either...but I would rather die than let anyone hurt my Glass Dragon."

He nodded, "I do want to take you on as my apprentice. I think I owe you that much - you are a great kid, and besides, Tian asked me to protect you. Besides, Gabriel is not going to object... he didn't make it out of the Mercere Chantry yesterday. So no torture, and so far as I can avoid it, I won't have you exposed to anything more needle-like than a pair of chopsticks."

"I know Gabriel is dead...you told me...I am going to miss him so much I loved him."
Anna said and tears welled up in her eyes again.
"If I become your apprentice do that mean I am going to be a Traditionalist? For that is weird."
She announced then she smiled when you announced that you would protect her from what she feared.

He tilted his head to the side slightly, "Well, not entirely true; I think you're going to get a few pieces of jewelry for Christmas and birthdays over the years. By the way, the spirit who pierced your nose... was it a dark, shadowy fellow with silvery claws, sort of a cross between Freddie Krueger and Slenderman?"

"What do getting jewelry have to do with controlling my fears?"
Anna asked she looked a bit confused then she nodded.
"Yeah he pierced my nose you have seen him then."
She confirmed.
"One of the were bears did my lip though with his claw the spirits did a better job, I got an infection and became sick when the shapechanger did it."

He nodded, "Yes, we got Abigail... alive. She might never wake up, but she is alive. And... Matty surrendered, too - her Avatar is no longer bonded to that vicious bastard of a spirit it was grafted to. And... Dalett offered up her life in exchange for her daughter's death. Flavio tried to blow everything apart; second of his Balls of Abysmal Flame I've had to help defuse, but he was captured, too... A few others, I think... but the Labyrinth has fallen."

Tears rolled down the young mage's eyes.
"I assume those who have been captured will be...will be..."
She did not finish what she was saying and instead started crying again, that Labyrinth had been her home and the Nephandi living in it her family.
"What...will happen to the Chief's slave...Willy?"

He nodded, "Well, one of the senior Magi here has the marbles and books in her pocket realm - I'm sure I'll get them when she gets back. You have a lot of marbles and interesting books, you know -

"I do have allot of marbles, my Mentor often bring me a new one when he have been out of the Labyrinth and he gets me books to."
Anna said proudly.
"He wants me to study and become powerful I like books but I wish he at times had let me read just for fun as well..."

I'm given to understand it's worth quite a bit, too. Not, of course, that selling any of it is going to happen, but we might gain you a bit of a nest egg letting others study the books for a fee.

"That is ok by me if you think it is a good idea."
The girl said as she regarded you from her hiding spot.

And I think this lawyer can help you; more importantly, she is willing to do so - and your case is a lot better than many others she has gladly taken on."

"O...ok if you think there is hope that there could be a good outcome?"
Anna said she still seamed a bit doubtful and terrified though.

He nodded and gestured for the Verbena to come closer, slowly, "Thank you... we'll get you moved into another room as quickly as possible."

Kristina moved a little closer. Anna nodded and regarded the Verbena nervously.

He nodded, "I will protect you... and you have already protected me in the past. It's complicated, and I will explain later."

"More visions...your sense of time must me really strange...but I guess that is ok."
Anna said she seamed a little less afraid after you promised to protect her.

His eyes widened and he stepped forward, quickly hoisting Anna up and lifting her onto the bed, "Bugger! Mrs. Knox, time to show you're as good as I trust you are! I'm going to step back and out of the way... unless you need a hand."
He took a moment to make sure both handcuffs were locked into place on the same wrist, then stepped aside and picked up her doll, putting it on her nightstand, making sure he didn't get in Kristina's way.

Kristina looked at you and nodded she did not waste time with words instead she pulled a rock crystal out of her pocket and held it over Anna's chest for a few moments, the girl's shallow breath evened out some, then the Verbena started placing crystals on the girl's body making a complicated but colorful pattern.
"I can not heal her damaged patterns but I can get her heart going again properly I think."
Kristina said as she finally begun speaking, then she moved on to Anna's thumb and begun to treat it with a small dark green stone with red spots and you saw the thumb righting itself slowly and the ripped open skin closing back up. Anna's eyes fluttered open and she looked at you, still very weak and tired, completely exhausted after her body had just given in and then had been brought back.
"I...feel sick..."
The little girl muttered still to weak to move much.

Sarge:

"Master manipulators who can quite literally mess with your mind or whatever the hell their magick can do to you." Serge said nervously as he listened to Ryan's increasingly somber response. His hands twitched somewhat as he sketched his vision onto the page.

"Yeah...well you need to enter a Caul, the thing that makes you a Nephandus of your own free will so their magick can not force you to do that but they certainly can use it to get you to that point."
Ryan said darkly.
"The Nephandi are bad news kid, just about as bad news as you can get."

Deciding to change the subject, Serge asked "So what's your magick like anyways? What kind of cool stuff can you do?"

"Ah you want to know all my secrets do you kid?"
Ryan said and smiled.
"I am an Adept of Time to use the formal words for it, my most developed magickal gift is to play around with time itself."
He said proudly then he pointed.
"You see that brick apartment building over there, that is Steelhaven."
He said, you had not gotten into a low cost residential area mostly filled with students apartments and others who could not afford to live anywhere else. Ryan drove down into a garage and parked the car.
"So anything else you want to know before we go in?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:50 pm

"Ah you want to know all my secrets do you kid?"
Ryan said and smiled.
"I am an Adept of Time to use the formal words for it, my most developed magickal gift is to play around with time itself."

"Damn! Really? Time magick always freaked me out. I know its technically the cultists specialty but I could never really wrap my head around. That's impressive." Serge said impressed. He had known about time magick through his studies with his mentor but could never really pick it up like other cultists, preferring his studies with the mind.

"You see that brick apartment building over there, that is Steelhaven."
He said, you had not gotten into a low cost residential area mostly filled with students apartments and others who could not afford to live anywhere else.

"I liked my version better." Serge said humorously as he looked down into his sketchbook. He had drawn steelhaven as a grand medieval castle.

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 29 230355bfaf252972bf359c440e0cefa7--fantasy-castle-castles

"So anything else you want to know before we go in?"

"Not really. Besides the best way to learn things is to see them for yourself. I kinda wanna see what this place is like." Serge said as he hopped out of the car, eager to see the inside of his new home.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:37 am

"Yeah that might be so, well perhaps i will learn to manipulate time one day as well and I will have to deal with that headache for now all I can do is wish you good luck with yours."
Colin grinned, "One day, I fear, I will do something so magnificent and brutal to the timestream that my only hope is that Paradox has compassion... But it is not this day."

"MMRs cost more, single vaccines are simply cheaper. That is why most shots hurt more in the States than in Europe as well, the materials used other than the vaccine itself most American healthcare centers use the cheapest manufactured vaccines that will get the job done and most of the time the preservatives and other ingredients in them will burn allot more than in Europe where the most comfortable, healthiest options that are more expensive are chosen, sometimes there is an option to go for the better vaccines that would be less traumatic to the kids but they usually cost so much that you have to be well to do to afford them."
He frowned, "Ah, yes, i forgot - that wonderful American healthdon'tcare system... Haven't really needed it much since I came here, so I tend to forget what an absolute clusterfuck it is..."

"It is not so much the amount of vaccines as how it is done that I have a problem with, some of the ones that France do not offer though the regular program I have still gotten for my kids here in America but the problem is that they are not combined more and not more spread out, efficiency are what is valued and nothing else, and for most of the appointments kids will have to expect at least three shots at the time sometimes far more, and I am not putting the twins through that, now they are to young to protest much but when they get older they will get the choice themselves, I will offer intensives, treats and bribes but ultimately the choice will be theirs."
Kristina said and sigh.
He nodded, "And even several shots at a time can be... manageable, if it's done in a manner that doesn't scare the kids. The assembly line method is great for manufacturing objects, but not suited for dealing with people..."

"We off course try to have the parents just comfort the children first but often it is not enough the children refuse, pull away or do not sit still, especially older children. They recently added three shots to the eleven to twelve check up and those can be a challenge these kids are to old to be appeased just by a mother's hand and so force have to be used but off course if the presence of a parent is enough nothing is better than that."
Miss Bosh said and frowned at your words.
He lowered his voice slightly, a hint of steel in his tone, "And you don't think the children resist the vaccine regimen because they associate vaccines with being held down and stabbed with needles against their will?"

"I did check that Mr Wainwright, but I considered that with an ingested drug it would take far longer for it to have effect and I would need to give her a greater doze an injected agent was the best option."
The hedge wizard said defending herself.
"And I am not here to make patients like me and especially not a captured Nephandus I am here to make her well."
He looked at her calmly, back straightening, voice leveling off and facial expression just... fading away, "You saw she had a phobia of needles, and you went ahead anyway? Miss Bosh... I am informed your medical skills are on par with the best the Union has to offer, but unfortunately, your empathy for your patients is the same. I am not saying this as a Mage, but as a concerned citizen and a parent to be - I would strongly recommend you abandon any pediatric work for good, and focus solely on adult patients. I intend to keep an eye open in the future, and if I ever hear of a scared child hurt by your hands again, I will file such a string of professional complaints against you that you will find it impossible to gain employment in the continental United States in any respectable medical facility with a pediatric wing. Am I quite clear in this matter?"

"Would what she tried to give me have damaged my brain?"
Anna said nervously.
"She said it would affect it...she tried to grab my arm so I kicked her."
She said and she curled up a little fearfully.
He shook his head, "No, it wouldn't have harmed your brain... it would have relaxed you, probably made you a little drowsy, but likely nothing more. And nobody is going to blame you for kicking her... not with your story."

"My Mentor is good at hurting people...he likes it."
Anna muttered and she glanced at Wolfgang.
"His Avatar left him? That is so sad...I did not know that could happen."
She muttered.
"I hope meeting that little girl will help him then...I know she is Tian's daughter that is why Lady Abigail wanted her."
The young Nephanda hesitated for a moment then she looked down.
"Do you think me freaking out over seeing him made that man...Wolfgang sad?"
She asked.
He nodded, "Apparently, some Avatars can leave their Mage if the Mage does something the Avatar has forbidden, or is forbidden from doing. I'm not sure about the details, but it seems such a separation is less... traumatic than other kinds. As for Wolfgang... I don't know that he noticed; he seems rather... out of it."

"That is a little odd but I know what future visions can do...it is ok I can get used to things being in the wrong order even if it is odd that you know that my Avatar is lazy and want to be a beach."
The little girl said and looked at you then she looked down fearfully.
"I do not want to die either...but I would rather die than let anyone hurt my Glass Dragon."
He smiled wryly, "It gets stranger... I remember that you'll start putting on a healthy amount of weight, start leaving sand everywhere, and absolutely dote on my kid and that ghost cat..."

"I know Gabriel is dead...you told me...I am going to miss him so much I loved him."
Anna said and tears welled up in her eyes again.
"If I become your apprentice do that mean I am going to be a Traditionalist? For that is weird."
She announced then she smiled when you announced that you would protect her from what she feared.
He nodded, "Yes, it does... A Traditionalist like me, eventually, and weird is not going to be much of a problem."

"What do getting jewelry have to do with controlling my fears?"
Anna asked she looked a bit confused then she nodded.
"Yeah he pierced my nose you have seen him then."
She confirmed.
"One of the were bears did my lip though with his claw the spirits did a better job, I got an infection and became sick when the shapechanger did it."
He smiled, "Nothing to do with controlling fears, but piercings are certainly more needle-like than chopsticks... And that spirit is a fine chap, now that I gave him a new Name and Purpose. He liked that; I'll be inviting him over for a chat from time to time, I think - maybe he could be of help if you want a new piercing, as well?"

Tears rolled down the young mage's eyes.
"I assume those who have been captured will be...will be..."
She did not finish what she was saying and instead started crying again, that Labyrinth had been her home and the Nephandi living in it her family.
"What...will happen to the Chief's slave...Willy?"
He nodded, "I'm afraid there's little I can do for them, though Willy... he's not Fallen, but a victim. I suspect that he will see one hell of a day in court, as a material witness."

"That is ok by me if you think it is a good idea."
The girl said as she regarded you from her hiding spot.
He nodded, "I also think making a few copies of some of the books - properly hand-written and neatly bound - will be able to prove both instructive for you, and a way to earn a modest supplemental income. Pocket money, if you will."

"O...ok if you think there is hope that there could be a good outcome?"
Anna said she still seamed a bit doubtful and terrified though.
He grinned, "Well, that's mostly up to you right now, isn't it? I can offer you a new path, but it's up to you if you want to live and walk it. All I can promise is to work hard to teach you more magic, and to protect you, and to try to reach back and save your mother. I know I'll be able to project myself into the past, to that day, and that means I have a chance to snag your mother from the jaws of death... A small chance, and I won't be able to do it alone, but I do believe it's possible. It's... probably going to hurt a lot, though - I don't want to contemplate how much the Scourge is going to take out of my hide for it... but that's not going to stop me."

"More visions...your sense of time must me really strange...but I guess that is ok."
Anna said she seamed a little less afraid after you promised to protect her.
He nodded, "Increasingly, this weekend."

Kristina looked at you and nodded she did not waste time with words instead she pulled a rock crystal out of her pocket and held it over Anna's chest for a few moments, the girl's shallow breath evened out some, then the Verbena started placing crystals on the girl's body making a complicated but colorful pattern.
"I can not heal her damaged patterns but I can get her heart going again properly I think."
Kristina said as she finally begun speaking, then she moved on to Anna's thumb and begun to treat it with a small dark green stone with red spots and you saw the thumb righting itself slowly and the ripped open skin closing back up. Anna's eyes fluttered open and she looked at you, still very weak and tired, completely exhausted after her body had just given in and then had been brought back.
"I...feel sick..."
The little girl muttered still to weak to move much.
He exhaled, relieved - had he held his breath all this time? - and gently stroked Anna's hair, "So you do... you scared me, sweetie; your heart almost gave out there... please don't work yourself up like that again, hmm? Also, your thumb seems to be fine again... care to see if you can move it?"

((OOC: So, Manipulation+Intimidate to politely persuade miss Bosh to turn her skills toward only the adult population in the future: 1,6,6,7. Well, it's not a botch... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:15 am

I belive not. Did i tell you that tomorrow morning we are to meet the Garou, right?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:22 am

"I did nothing to hurt him!" Zach said and shook his hands as if to ward off that notion.

"Be calm; I didn't think you had..." he said, while moving someone.

"After you guys left I asked the prisoner if he wanted some water, he looked rather out of it and he agreed to that so I gave him some, after that he told me he would tell me what he knew about Lisa Larson's labyrinth...that is the bitch in Boston is it not? Anyway I recorded what he said it was not much but it sure where enough to creep me out, and then he started screaming and complaining about pain, I tried to figure out if he was hurt and asked him if it was his hands inside all of that rock that was hurting and he said no and then he just collapsed like that I think he is in a Quiet or a Seeking or something."

As he listened to Zach recount what happened, he frowned. "Good thinking getting that recorded, we need to make sure that we get the info back home...and yes, it certainly is," he nodded as he called her a 'bitch.' That was one word. "Well, shit I guess what I said had quite the impact on him...I wonder..."

The Virtual Adept explained hastily. "I...I do not know wat to do now but your friend said he should not be given that anti magick serum before he is out of the mindscape..."

"There is probably not much you can do at this point," he said. "It's not like we can check on him, it would be dangerous. As for that serum, I have no idea about how it works, I would take my cabalmate's advice about it though.

He frowned as he moved toward the portal, "Nurse fucked up. I'll fill you in when it's sorted out."

"Good luck," he said, holding off on further questions for the moment.

You begun helping people through Hans' portal back to Morningstar, the evacuation went quickly and without any problems. "Should we carry Flavio though the portal?" Zach asked as Joakim went through with the still form of Abigail.

"We probably should make him ready to be taken, yes, and then us or someone take him. He needs to be transported - carefully. He can't stay here, he's being taken into custody. Once over there, someone will have to deal with his hands as well as find him a secure and quiet place to...recuperate. I don't know how good keeping them like that for too long will be, but my guess is not very."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:09 am

Sarge:

"Damn! Really? Time magick always freaked me out. I know its technically the cultists specialty but I could never really wrap my head around. That's impressive." Serge said impressed. He had known about time magick through his studies with his mentor but could never really pick it up like other cultists, preferring his studies with the mind.

Ryan smiled a little.
"It have become our specialty over the ages yes perhaps due to the fact that our magick is based around changing our state of mind and when that is more fluent it is easier to see time itself as more than just a straight line."
He said and nodded.
"But other kinds of magick is just as good not everyone of our Tradition studies how to manipulate time."

"I liked my version better." Serge said humorously as he looked down into his sketchbook. He had drawn steelhaven as a grand medieval castle.

Ryan smiled at that and Duncan who had not said much on the drive over glanced at your drawing.
"Very good young man, yes such a building would be more exiting would it not?"
He said and Ryan commented.
"Yes well it would also sort of announce to the Union that here be mages, all it need is a dragon on the roof."

"Not really. Besides the best way to learn things is to see them for yourself. I kinda wanna see what this place is like." Serge said as he hopped out of the car, eager to see the inside of his new home.

"Very well, I will show you around then."
Ryan said and he turned to Duncan.
"And you Mr Acherman?"
He asked the Verbena gestured towards the Chantry.
"I came to see how my Coven sister is doing so I will go and see to her now."
He sand before he turned to you.
"Good luck young man."
He said before he walked into the Chantry. Ryan led you inside.
"Hum...we should probably tell Chief Morgan that you are ere first if you will follow me?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:35 am

Ryan smiled at that and Duncan who had not said much on the drive over glanced at your drawing.
"Very good young man, yes such a building would be more exiting would it not?"
He said and Ryan commented.
"Yes well it would also sort of announce to the Union that here be mages, all it need is a dragon on the roof."

Serge perked up at the comment, smiled, and spun his pen in-between his fingers. "I can do that! Wizards vs Dragons! Sounds like a video game." He said excitedly as he envisioned a red dragon attacking the castle which he had just drawn.

"Very well, I will show you around then." Ryan said and he turned to Duncan.
"And you Mr Acherman?" He asked the Verbena gestured towards the Chantry.

"I came to see how my Coven sister is doing so I will go and see to her now." He said before he turned to you.

"Good luck young man." He said before he walked into the Chantry.

"Good luck to you too." Serge said to Duncan as he gave a slight wave.

Ryan led you inside. "Hum...we should probably tell Chief Morgan that you are here first if you will follow me?"

"That sounds like a good idea. He's that Hermetic Security Chief you mentioned in the car right?" Serge said remembering the list of names that Ryan had mentioned during the trip. He followed the older cultist into the chantry, keeping an eye out and taking in his surroundings.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:52 am

Colin:

Colin grinned, "One day, I fear, I will do something so magnificent and brutal to the timestream that my only hope is that Paradox has compassion... But it is not this day."

"I am not so sure it have to much of that you know, compassion I mean."
"But I hope for your future self's sake that it do."

He frowned, "Ah, yes, i forgot - that wonderful American healthdon'tcare system... Haven't really needed it much since I came here, so I tend to forget what an absolute clusterfuck it is..."

"Yeah I have not used it much either if anything happens I can generally take care of it myself or go to my Mentor but yes the way healthcare works in America is rather...unfair."
Kristina said as she hurried beside you.

He nodded, "And even several shots at a time can be... manageable, if it's done in a manner that doesn't scare the kids. The assembly line method is great for manufacturing objects, but not suited for dealing with people..."

"One really have to first of all look at how the kid in question is reacting if they are terrified of one shot do not give them several at once, also there are allot of ways to reduce or even eliminate the pain of a needle prick, but very few doctor's offices offer any such methods and patients have to fight for them, since they make the process take a little longer, if the kids or hell even adults, some find it problematic long into adulthood, feel no pain during vaccinations several shots at once is not a problem, but when it have to be as fast an efficient as possible that is when there is a problem."
The Verbena commented.

He lowered his voice slightly, a hint of steel in his tone, "And you don't think the children resist the vaccine regimen because they associate vaccines with being held down and stabbed with needles against their will?"

"We see it everywhere, kids and even some adults but those it is hard to force to do anything are nervous and resist, sure most are bribable by their parents but some refuse any such intensives and then we are left with using force, what would you suggjest we do Mr Wainwright when a child just plain refuse such vaccinations and no amount of rewards or comfort from their parents help, just let them walk out of the office and teach them that they can get away with anything?"
Miss Bosh said and scoffed.

He looked at her calmly, back straightening, voice leveling off and facial expression just... fading away, "You saw she had a phobia of needles, and you went ahead anyway? Miss Bosh... I am informed your medical skills are on par with the best the Union has to offer, but unfortunately, your empathy for your patients is the same.

"Many kids are afraid, one can not take a child's irrational fears into consideration when doing what is best for them."
The hedge wizard defended herself and she gave you a very angry look but restrained herself from the comments she would have wanted to make since you where a true mage and she was just a hedge wizard.

am not saying this as a Mage, but as a concerned citizen and a parent to be - I would strongly recommend you abandon any pediatric work for good, and focus solely on adult patients. I intend to keep an eye open in the future, and if I ever hear of a scared child hurt by your hands again, I will file such a string of professional complaints against you that you will find it impossible to gain employment in the continental United States in any respectable medical facility with a pediatric wing. Am I quite clear in this matter?"

The woman glared and you and you could see the desire to fire off some retorts burn in her but instead she just sigh and took a deep breath to cool her anger.
"You have made yourself perfectly clear Mr Wainwright."
She muttered and glared at you.
"But I assure you what i do is common practice some might pretend it bother them more but the standard recommendation is that if children refuse some treatment that they be forced if other forms of motivation is not effective."

He shook his head, "No, it wouldn't have harmed your brain... it would have relaxed you, probably made you a little drowsy, but likely nothing more. And nobody is going to blame you for kicking her... not with your story."

That seamed to relax the girl a little.
"I do not want my brain hurt...I am always afraid when I am sent out on missions that someone will shoot me in the head."
She muttered and looked down.
"It happened the woman with green hair that was here she had been shot in the head and now she could not see anymore."
Anna said and she curled up a bit nervously.

He nodded, "Apparently, some Avatars can leave their Mage if the Mage does something the Avatar has forbidden, or is forbidden from doing. I'm not sure about the details, but it seems such a separation is less... traumatic than other kinds. As for Wolfgang... I don't know that he noticed; he seems rather... out of it."

The Mercere Deacon's apprentice who still sat faithfully by his Mentor's side glanced in your direction for a moment as his teacher was discussed.
"He had a soul promise a Geas not to ever harm an animal, one day he and his Cabal was attacked by a Nephandus who had figured out his weakness and so he teleported a rabid, aggressive dog and set it upon my teacher or so he told me, his only choice other than letting it kill him and several members of his Cabal that was badly wounded was to kill the dog, and so he did and the Nephandus as well with one spell, knowing full well what that would mean."
Dan said in a whisper as he brushed hair from his Mentor's forehead gently.
"No I do not think he is scared by the little girl but if he understand how afraid she is that might make him sad."
He muttered.
"The only thing that have made him react in any way is when one of his pet chicken where brought in, he petted it even if he moved nothing else but his hand."
Anna glanced at Wolfgang.
"Poor guy..."
She muttered.

He smiled wryly, "It gets stranger... I remember that you'll start putting on a healthy amount of weight, start leaving sand everywhere, and absolutely dote on my kid and that ghost cat..."

"I would not mind a little brother or sister...though before I knew that if Gabriel took another apprentice he would make them watch as well."
The girl muttered and looked down.
"Why where I leaving sand everywhere?"

He nodded, "Yes, it does... A Traditionalist like me, eventually, and weird is not going to be much of a problem."

"Yeah but I have had nightmares about that you know, about Traditionalists being one is just weird."
She muttered and she plucked at her socks like you remember her doing, she tended to go though pairs rather quickly due to that habit.

He smiled, "Nothing to do with controlling fears, but piercings are certainly more needle-like than chopsticks... And that spirit is a fine chap, now that I gave him a new Name and Purpose. He liked that; I'll be inviting him over for a chat from time to time, I think - maybe he could be of help if you want a new piercing, as well?"

"Well I guess but they are not needles...I am skeptical of the ones meant for piercing guns that are pointed in the end I do not think I would use those but other than that they are not needles..."
The little girl protested.
"You gave him a name? That is good he was not happy, my Mentor said that spirits need a name and a purpose but then again so do human being I guess and I would like more piercings eventually yes..."
She said and nodded.

He nodded, "I'm afraid there's little I can do for them, though Willy... he's not Fallen, but a victim. I suspect that he will see one hell of a day in court, as a material witness."

"So Willy wont be killed at least?"
Anna asked and glanced at the terrified hedge wizard.
"I have seen my Mentor torture him so many times and there was nothing I could do to help him."
She muttered sadly.
"Nothing at all."
Anna then looked up at you.
"And everyone else will be Gilgulled? That...that is horrible!"
She whispered and sobbed.

He nodded, "I also think making a few copies of some of the books - properly hand-written and neatly bound - will be able to prove both instructive for you, and a way to earn a modest supplemental income. Pocket money, if you will."

"Money buys more marbles and books."
The little girl said and and smiled.
"I have copied books by hand before I can do that."

He grinned, "Well, that's mostly up to you right now, isn't it? I can offer you a new path, but it's up to you if you want to live and walk it. All I can promise is to work hard to teach you more magic, and to protect you, and to try to reach back and save your mother.

Anna looked at you for a moment then she nodded.
"O...ok it is the best chance I got and if you try to save my mother...so ehm...do that mean I call you Mentor now then?"
She asked and glanced at you with her big, blue eyes.

I know I'll be able to project myself into the past, to that day, and that means I have a chance to snag your mother from the jaws of death... A small chance, and I won't be able to do it alone, but I do believe it's possible. It's... probably going to hurt a lot, though - I don't want to contemplate how much the Scourge is going to take out of my hide for it... but that's not going to stop me."

"I do not like Paradox, I grew a tail once!"
Anna complained.
"But my mother is a good person I do not remember her much...she spoke another language, and she would sing and make things...but i do not remember anything else other than that she was kind."
She said and looked at you and smiled a little.
"Thank you for offering to try to help her in the future."

He nodded, "Increasingly, this weekend."

The girl looked at you and smiled a little at that.

He exhaled, relieved - had he held his breath all this time? - and gently stroked Anna's hair, "So you do... you scared me, sweetie; your heart almost gave out there... please don't work yourself up like that again, hmm? Also, your thumb seems to be fine again... care to see if you can move it?"

Anna looked at you weakly and nodded she moved her thumb slightly and smiled.
"Yeah it is a little tender but I can move it."
Kristine nodded.
"It will be a little tender for a while child it is better for the body to age the tissue naturally, I can put some salve on it if you wish?"
Anna shook her head.
"No it is ok."
She said as Kristine removed the stones she had placed on her.
"Once we have her moved I will make a crystal grid that will strengthen her and one that will keep away...anyone who would harm her."
The verbena told you. Anna looked at you and smiled slightly.
"I am tired Mentor..."
She muttered and reached out for your hand.

By now you see that Granite had deemed it proper to make an appearance in the infirmary and he was walking slowly towards you, suddenly you notice Wolfgang's eyes focusing and following the cat he did noting else but his attention was on the small gray animal instead of well, lost out there somewhere.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:09 am

Tane:

"Yeah I remember that I just hope the fuzzballs do not decide to be a problem."
Coawa said and he all but growled he was not to fond of werewolves.
"Where should I meet you to go and talk with them brother?"

Adley:

"Be calm; I didn't think you had..." he said, while moving someone.

Zach nodded and sigh.
"I know...I know but he was my responsibility and then something happened to him and I feel guilty over it."
The Virtual Adept said still stressing.

As he listened to Zach recount what happened, he frowned. "Good thinking getting that recorded, we need to make sure that we get the info back home...and yes, it certainly is," he nodded as he called her a 'bitch.' That was one word. "Well, shit I guess what I said had quite the impact on him...I wonder..."

"Yeah ehm...the recording is on my phone."
Zach said.
"I will give it to the Chief when we get back...so it was what you told him that made him like this? So what do we do now? Just let him have his Seeking and why where he in pain I have never been in pain before a Seeking before and I have had two."

"There is probably not much you can do at this point," he said. "It's not like we can check on him, it would be dangerous. As for that serum, I have no idea about how it works, I would take my cabalmate's advice about it though.

"Ok...ok...I guess we just take him through to the Chantry and give him a bed then."
Zach muttered and scratched his head.
"I have no idea how that serum works either, my little Chantry can not afford shit like that so when anyone go into a Quiet the rest babysit...yeah ehm...ok...moving him then..."

"We probably should make him ready to be taken, yes, and then us or someone take him. He needs to be transported - carefully. He can't stay here, he's being taken into custody. Once over there, someone will have to deal with his hands as well as find him a secure and quiet place to...recuperate. I don't know how good keeping them like that for too long will be, but my guess is not very."

"I could make a make shift stretcher to carry him on, I am a bit worried with that stone on his hands if he is not handled with allot of care the stone might bounce around or pull to much on his hands or something."
The young Virtual Adept said.
"No he probably should not be kept like that for to long, it looks like it hurts even if he said it did not."

Sarge:

Serge perked up at the comment, smiled, and spun his pen in-between his fingers. "I can do that! Wizards vs Dragons! Sounds like a video game." He said excitedly as he envisioned a red dragon attacking the castle which he had just drawn.

"Usually we do not fight dragons young man, they are one of the things lost from this world when the Union hardened reality, a great loss so when one is found usually we help them."
Duncan said and smiled a little and Ryan grinned.
"Well there is a dragon at Steelhaven...sort of...one of the hedgies can turn into one."
He added with a teasing grin.

"Good luck to you too." Serge said to Duncan as he gave a slight wave.

Duncan nodded to you and gave you a smile before he left.

"That sounds like a good idea. He's that Hermetic Security Chief you mentioned in the car right?" Serge said remembering the list of names that Ryan had mentioned during the trip. He followed the older cultist into the chantry, keeping an eye out and taking in his surroundings.

"That he is, House Flambeau."
Ryan said he led you into a sort of lobby though it was more of a bit wider hallway and knocked on one of the doors to the left once he had gotten a reply he led you into a tiny office, there was a shelf with books, folders and a coffee maker, an old worn desk and two chairs in front of it and that was pretty much it. Behind the desk sat a man who looked Arabic, he was tall and lean with a sharp nose and nearly black eyes, shoulder length curly hair was held back into a pony tail, the man was wearing a pair of jeans and a plain black tshirt.
"This is my nephew from Westchapel Master Morgan."
Ryan said and he gave you a bit of a push to get you to go in and introduce yourself as the Security Chief himself rose to his feet and extended his hand towards you.
"Jeffry Amaris Morgan Hermes bani Flambeau it is nice to met you young man."
He said in a friendly tone of voice though it was also clear from the look in his eyes that that his friendliness could turn to steel at any moment."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:52 am

"That he is, House Flambeau."
Ryan said he led you into a sort of lobby though it was more of a bit wider hallway and knocked on one of the doors to the left once he had gotten a reply he led you into a tiny office, there was a shelf with books, folders and a coffee maker, an old worn desk and two chairs in front of it and that was pretty much it. Behind the desk sat a man who looked Arabic, he was tall and lean with a sharp nose and nearly black eyes, shoulder length curly hair was held back into a pony tail, the man was wearing a pair of jeans and a plain black tshirt.
"This is my nephew from Westchapel Master Morgan."
Ryan said and he gave you a bit of a push to get you to go in and introduce yourself as the Security Chief himself rose to his feet and extended his hand towards you.
"Jeffry Amaris Morgan Hermes bani Flambeau it is nice to met you young man."
He said in a friendly tone of voice though it was also clear from the look in his eyes that that his friendliness could turn to steel at any moment."

Wanting to make a good impression from the start, Serge reached out and shook the Security Chief's hand. He remembered the words from his mentor, warning him from tarnishing her reputation. He took a small breath and in a clear and concise matter, that hid his nervousness, Serge introduced himself.

"It is nice to meet you as well. My name is Serge Yager. Like my uncle, I am a member of the Cult of Ecstasy and I look forward to staying here in Steelhaven. I plan to continue my studies here and I hope I can be of some help to the chantry's endeavors."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:02 am

"It is nice to meet you as well. My name is Serge Yager. Like my uncle, I am a member of the Cult of Ecstasy and I look forward to staying here in Steelhaven. I plan to continue my studies here and I hope I can be of some help to the chantry's endeavors."

The older mage shook your hand firmly then he indicated one of the chairs in his small office.
"It is a pleasure meeting your Mr Yager your Mentor have told me about you."
He said as he walked over to his shelf, something that only took a couple of steps.
"Would you like a cup of coffee young man?"
He asked as he filled his own cup, the old Hermetic seamed rather exhausted.
"Well this is usually a safe Chantry for a young mage, there are few luxuries here but we have two Nodes and a small library, we would off course expect you to help out with whatever needs doing to have access to our resources, I hope that will not be a problem for you."
He said and took a sip from his coffee and glanced at you over the rim of his cup.
"Your Mentor tells me you are an Disciple, that is quite impressive for one so young, is it your Tradition's favored Sphere you study or another if you do not mind me asking?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:31 am

The older mage shook your hand firmly then he indicated one of the chairs in his small office.
"It is a pleasure meeting your Mr Yager your Mentor have told me about you."
He said as he walked over to his shelf, something that only took a couple of steps.
"Would you like a cup of coffee young man?

Serge sat down in the indicated chairs. When offered coffee, Serge shook his head and said "No thanks. I've never really been a fan of coffee. I could never really handle its bitterness."

"Well this is usually a safe Chantry for a young mage, there are few luxuries here but we have two Nodes and a small library, we would off course expect you to help out with whatever needs doing to have access to our resources, I hope that will not be a problem for you."

"That won't be a problem for me. I'll do what ever I can to help around here." Serge said adamantly.

He said and took a sip from his coffee and glanced at you over the rim of his cup.
"Your Mentor tells me you are an Disciple, that is quite impressive for one so young, is it your Tradition's favored Sphere you study or another if you do not mind me asking?"

Serge looked a bit nervous at Morgan's praise. "Yeah, a Disciple of Mind. My tradition definitely has an affinity for that sphere even if it's not the seat they hold in the council. Before my awakening I spent more time in my head than I did in reality. So I had a lot of practice with the inner workings of the mind. When my mentor took me under her tutelage, everything just sort of...clicked. Although compared to the mages here, I'm nothing special."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:52 am

Serge sat down in the indicated chairs. When offered coffee, Serge shook his head and said "No thanks. I've never really been a fan of coffee. I could never really handle its bitterness."

Jeffry smiled a little at that, he took his own cup and sat down at his desk and put his cup down before him.
"As you wish it is an acquired taste I guess."

"That won't be a problem for me. I'll do what ever I can to help around here." Serge said adamantly.

"Good with all that have been going on lately I have found that more helping hands to do the tasks that need to be done is a boon."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.

Serge looked a bit nervous at Morgan's praise. "Yeah, a Disciple of Mind. My tradition definitely has an affinity for that sphere even if it's not the seat they hold in the council.

"Ah yes, remember that the seats in the Council or even the Spheres themselves are more or less a social construct, very few Traditions specialize in only one type of magick, and as for the Spheres while sorting reality into nine is practical and it is a good way for a willworker from one Tradition to be able to communicate with someone with a completely different Paradigm, they are a good aid for communication and for ranking but that is pretty much it."
Jeffry said and shrugged.

Before my awakening I spent more time in my head than I did in reality. So I had a lot of practice with the inner workings of the mind. When my mentor took me under her tutelage, everything just sort of...clicked. Although compared to the mages here, I'm nothing special."

"With the danger of sounding like a greeting card all mages are special, hum yes your Mentor work with the mind do she not...and I am not surprised that a Cultist would learn Mind mental states and their manipulation are very much the core of your Tradition's Paradigm the way I understand it..."
He said then he smiled.
"It might interest you then that our Deacon Primus George Steelhaven is an Archmage of Mind."
He said as he regarded you for a moment.
"So do you have any useful mundane skills that might be useful to us young man? I know your Mentor is a healer of the mind have you taught you any of her mundane craft?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:28 am

"It might interest you then that our Deacon Primus George Steelhaven is an Archmage of Mind."

Serge seemed taken aback at the revelation. "I...I....Wow I didn't know that. That's actually....quite interesting."

"So do you have any useful mundane skills that might be useful to us young man? I know your Mentor is a healer of the mind have you taught you any of her mundane craft?"

Thinking back to his training with his mentor, Serge could only think of a few things that he had learnt from her. "Sort of. She didn't teach me psychology specifically but she definitely taught me how to talk to people. She taught me how to read faces....to understand how someone else was feeling based off of their speech patterns. She taught me the ways to make people listen to you, the best way of persuading or convincing someone, and how someone acts when they lie."

Scratching the back of his head as he tried to think of other skills that might be useful, "And I also have a talent for art. Although I doubt that will be of much use to you. It's mainly a way for me to bring my imagination into reality without having to worry about paradox."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:14 am

Serge seemed taken aback at the revelation. "I...I....Wow I didn't know that. That's actually....quite interesting."

Jeffry gave a slight smile.
"Yes well most archmages have left earth for Umbral realms due to Paradox but Master Steelhaven still lives here with us."
He informed you.

Thinking back to his training with his mentor, Serge could only think of a few things that he had learnt from her. "Sort of. She didn't teach me psychology specifically but she definitely taught me how to talk to people. She taught me how to read faces....to understand how someone else was feeling based off of their speech patterns. She taught me the ways to make people listen to you, the best way of persuading or convincing someone, and how someone acts when they lie."

"Hum...that might be useful yes...I am having some issues with a prisoner that are refusing to talk. I would prefer not to have to resort to less...civilized methods of interrogation, would you want to give it a shot and see if you can talk the man into cooperating?"
Jeffry asked and Ryan started to protest.
"Sir you are talking about putting the kid in a room with a Nephandus you just can't..."
Jeffry raised an eyebrow.
"We are at war Mr Darehill and while I understand your concern for the young man's well being being in a room with a controlled, restrained prisoner is about as benign an exposure to the Asencion War you can get."
He said and Ryan sigh.
"Yes Sir..."
He muttered then he added under his breath.
"Angie is going to kill me!"

Scratching the back of his head as he tried to think of other skills that might be useful, "And I also have a talent for art. Although I doubt that will be of much use to you. It's mainly a way for me to bring my imagination into reality without having to worry about paradox."

"Art nourishes the soul, it might not be of practical use though but it is not useless, in either case there is allot of things that needs doing I am sure we can find something for you."
Jeffry said.
"If you do not mind getting your hands dirty that is."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:32 am

"We see it everywhere, kids and even some adults but those it is hard to force to do anything are nervous and resist, sure most are bribable by their parents but some refuse any such intensives and then we are left with using force, what would you suggjest we do Mr Wainwright when a child just plain refuse such vaccinations and no amount of rewards or comfort from their parents help, just let them walk out of the office and teach them that they can get away with anything?"
Miss Bosh said and scoffed.
Colin frowned and shook his head, "No, you take that little extra time to reason with them, find out why they refuse. Children are surprisingly reasonable if they're given rational arguments in words they understand. It's when you repeatedly impress upon them that your authority comes from your being bigger and stronger than them that you end up with broken drones instead of healthy adults."

"Many kids are afraid, one can not take a child's irrational fears into consideration when doing what is best for them."
The hedge wizard defended herself and she gave you a very angry look but restrained herself from the comments she would have wanted to make since you where a true mage and she was just a hedge wizard.
He took a deep breath, "One must always consider irrational fears - whether in children or adults - because there are few stronger motivators for violence than fear. You are lucky the girl was magically restrained - had she not, it is likely you would not have been standing up right now. Using force to reinforce a child's phobia... how is it 'best for them' if they're so scared of medical personnel that they never seek medical assistance again, however sick or injured they are?"

The woman glared and you and you could see the desire to fire off some retorts burn in her but instead she just sigh and took a deep breath to cool her anger.
"You have made yourself perfectly clear Mr Wainwright."
She muttered and glared at you.
"But I assure you what i do is common practice some might pretend it bother them more but the standard recommendation is that if children refuse some treatment that they be forced if other forms of motivation is not effective."
He nodded, "That common practice stems from the Union, does it not? Much as they've excelled at mending the body, they've forgotten the mind and spirit. And that... is where we should strive to pick up the slack, not emulate the bloody Technocracy. Following their example is no way to win a war for the hearts and minds of the people."

That seamed to relax the girl a little.
"I do not want my brain hurt...I am always afraid when I am sent out on missions that someone will shoot me in the head."
She muttered and looked down.
"It happened the woman with green hair that was here she had been shot in the head and now she could not see anymore."
Anna said and she curled up a bit nervously.
He smiled, "Freddy's getting better, though... You'll get to see a lot of her in the future."

The Mercere Deacon's apprentice who still sat faithfully by his Mentor's side glanced in your direction for a moment as his teacher was discussed.
"He had a soul promise a Geas not to ever harm an animal, one day he and his Cabal was attacked by a Nephandus who had figured out his weakness and so he teleported a rabid, aggressive dog and set it upon my teacher or so he told me, his only choice other than letting it kill him and several members of his Cabal that was badly wounded was to kill the dog, and so he did and the Nephandus as well with one spell, knowing full well what that would mean."
Dan said in a whisper as he brushed hair from his Mentor's forehead gently.
"No I do not think he is scared by the little girl but if he understand how afraid she is that might make him sad."
He muttered.
"The only thing that have made him react in any way is when one of his pet chicken where brought in, he petted it even if he moved nothing else but his hand."
Anna glanced at Wolfgang.
"Poor guy..."
She muttered.
He nodded and sighed, "Well, he's reacted to his chicken - which means he's not yet entirely retreated into his own mind..."

"I would not mind a little brother or sister...though before I knew that if Gabriel took another apprentice he would make them watch as well."
The girl muttered and looked down.
"Why where I leaving sand everywhere?"
He grinned, "You'll be finding your beach, little by little. It's... a rather unique thing, I think, but it'll be a good sign."

"Yeah but I have had nightmares about that you know, about Traditionalists being one is just weird."
She muttered and she plucked at her socks like you remember her doing, she tended to go though pairs rather quickly due to that habit.
He nodded, "I can't promise those nightmares will go away anytime soon... but you know what they say - if you can't beat them, join them."
He sighed softly, "And I suppose I'll have to make a few extra allowances for an extended sock budget..."

"Well I guess but they are not needles...I am skeptical of the ones meant for piercing guns that are pointed in the end I do not think I would use those but other than that they are not needles..."
The little girl protested.
"You gave him a name? That is good he was not happy, my Mentor said that spirits need a name and a purpose but then again so do human being I guess and I would like more piercings eventually yes..."
She said and nodded.
He nodded, "He's a good chap, happily carving stories into solid surfaces to preserve history and memories, rather than using his claws on people. He was glad to be able to write memorials for his old friends, it seems."

"So Willy wont be killed at least?"
Anna asked and glanced at the terrified hedge wizard.
"I have seen my Mentor torture him so many times and there was nothing I could do to help him."
She muttered sadly.
"Nothing at all."
Anna then looked up at you.
"And everyone else will be Gilgulled? That...that is horrible!"
She whispered and sobbed.
He nodded sadly, "Yes, everyone else... I will be there for them, at the end; enemy or not, everyone deserves a face that doesn't hate them present at the last..."

"Money buys more marbles and books."
The little girl said and and smiled.
"I have copied books by hand before I can do that."
He grinned, "Precisely. And as it happens, I have a small library of my own - almost all fantasy; recreational books. You might enjoy a few of those, as well."

Anna looked at you for a moment then she nodded.
"O...ok it is the best chance I got and if you try to save my mother...so ehm...do that mean I call you Mentor now then?"
She asked and glanced at you with her big, blue eyes.
He nodded, "You call me Mentor now. Welcome to the Traditions, Anna."

"I do not like Paradox, I grew a tail once!"
Anna complained.
"But my mother is a good person I do not remember her much...she spoke another language, and she would sing and make things...but i do not remember anything else other than that she was kind."
She said and looked at you and smiled a little.
"Thank you for offering to try to help her in the future."
He nodded, "She was Greek, as were you - I don't know the circumstances of how you got caught, but I would hazard you might have been on vacation or something similar in the US. Perhaps a family gathering; a wedding or something similar? At any rate, you spoke to me in Greek, back when you first saw me, and called me Hephaestus."
He grinned wryly, "I'll admit, I have some mixed feelings about that assumption..."

Anna looked at you weakly and nodded she moved her thumb slightly and smiled.
"Yeah it is a little tender but I can move it."
Kristine nodded.
"It will be a little tender for a while child it is better for the body to age the tissue naturally, I can put some salve on it if you wish?"
Anna shook her head.
"No it is ok."
She said as Kristine removed the stones she had placed on her.
"Once we have her moved I will make a crystal grid that will strengthen her and one that will keep away...anyone who would harm her."
The verbena told you. Anna looked at you and smiled slightly.
"I am tired Mentor..."
She muttered and reached out for your hand.
He nodded, "Thank you, Kristina... would you be so kind as to scout ahead, find a vacant room where we can put her, and make sure we don't run into miss Bosh on the way?"
He smiled down at Anna, gently lifting her into his arms, "I know, you burned a lot of energy just now... I will ask a friend if he can watch over you for a while when he comes back from the Labyrinth... I trust him fully, even if some others might find him a little morbid..."

By now you see that Granite had deemed it proper to make an appearance in the infirmary and he was walking slowly towards you, suddenly you notice Wolfgang's eyes focusing and following the cat he did noting else but his attention was on the small gray animal instead of well, lost out there somewhere.
His eyes widened, and he looked down at the cat, "Granite... Anna is safe now, but would you have a word with that man on the bed there? He's... a bit out of it, but you might be able to coax him back..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next