Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

5 posters

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Colin frowned and shook his head, "No, you take that little extra time to reason with them, find out why they refuse. Children are surprisingly reasonable if they're given rational arguments in words they understand. It's when you repeatedly impress upon them that your authority comes from your being bigger and stronger than them that you end up with broken drones instead of healthy adults."

"And when a little extra time is not enough? When offers of rewards are refused?"
Miss Bosh asked. Kristina sigh.
"Then unless it is a medical emergency the parents should take their little ones home and discuss it there where they feel comfortable and safe, any use of force should be the absolute last resort and I do not think it should be used for preventative medicine. Often it takes a little bit of time to get down to why a child is afraid and when one know why then one can take steps to address what scares them."
She said and Miss Bosh raised an eyebrow.
"I see, well at the clinic I work at we have tree minutes tops with each child, most of the parents are working class they do not have the luxury of getting hours off from work to bring their children for a second consultation it is a question of money, that is also why I usually refuse when parents ask for butterfly needles for their kids when we have to draw their blood and I admit they are thinner and more comfortable but they cost more than take longer than larger gauge straight needles and we have to be economic."
The hedge wizard protested.
"Yes well that is one thing but you still have the same policy while treting member of this Chantry and we can afford to pay a little more for better care...even so you scared one of the Hermetic first degrees so much his mentor spent five hours trying to coax him out from under his bed afterwards!"
Kristina muttered and frowned.

He took a deep breath, "One must always consider irrational fears - whether in children or adults - because there are few stronger motivators for violence than fear. You are lucky the girl was magically restrained - had she not, it is likely you would not have been standing up right now. Using force to reinforce a child's phobia... how is it 'best for them' if they're so scared of medical personnel that they never seek medical assistance again, however sick or injured they are?"

"Well perhaps that Nephandi child should be restrained in a cell Sir."
Miss Bosh grumbled.
"And I am sure those children we have to force will see the wisdom of it when they grow up."
She said sounding rather sure of herself.

He nodded, "That common practice stems from the Union, does it not? Much as they've excelled at mending the body, they've forgotten the mind and spirit. And that... is where we should strive to pick up the slack, not emulate the bloody Technocracy. Following their example is no way to win a war for the hearts and minds of the people."

Mrs Bosh opened and closed her mouth a few times looking enraged at what you where saying but not finding the words to protest.
"Perhaps I should...go to see if there are any...wounded among those returning from the mission at the Labyrinth."
She snapped and glared at you.

He smiled, "Freddy's getting better, though... You'll get to see a lot of her in the future."

"Her name is Freddy? Do you think she is scared after she was shot?"
Anna asked softly.

He nodded and sighed, "Well, he's reacted to his chicken - which means he's not yet entirely retreated into his own mind..."

"My Mentor have always loved animals I am not surprised that one of his chickens would make him react Sir."
Dan said and he smiled but he was clearly still very concerned about his teacher.

He grinned, "You'll be finding your beach, little by little. It's... a rather unique thing, I think, but it'll be a good sign."

"I am not completely sure I understand but if you think it is a good thing, my Glass Dragon would be happy about it at least."
Anna muttered.

He nodded, "I can't promise those nightmares will go away anytime soon... but you know what they say - if you can't beat them, join them."
He sighed softly, "And I suppose I'll have to make a few extra allowances for an extended sock budget..."

"I guess not...I have allot of nightmares...many in the Labyrinth...do..."
The girl said and she looked down sadly when she remembered that the Labyrinth had been wiped out then she sigh and looked up at you.
"Sock budget I don't..."
Then she looked down at how her fingers where plucking at her socks and she blushed.
"Ohh...ehm sorry..."

He nodded, "He's a good chap, happily carving stories into solid surfaces to preserve history and memories, rather than using his claws on people. He was glad to be able to write memorials for his old friends, it seems."

"I like him but he always seam so sad. Is he happier now that he have a new purpose and a name?"
The young Nephanda asked as she glanced up at you.

He nodded sadly, "Yes, everyone else... I will be there for them, at the end; enemy or not, everyone deserves a face that doesn't hate them present at the last..."

Anna looked down and started sobbing.
"They must be terrified I am terrified and you say I stand a good chance of not being...not being...that...how do someone even stay alive with something like that looming over their heads...is there nothing that can be done for them? Nothing?"
The little girl asked she curled up into a ball and cried.

He grinned, "Precisely. And as it happens, I have a small library of my own - almost all fantasy; recreational books. You might enjoy a few of those, as well."

Anna glanced up at you and wiped her tears though fresh ones came to replace them.
"I...I would like that..."
She muttered still upset about what would happen to the captured members of her Labyrinth.

He nodded, "You call me Mentor now. Welcome to the Traditions, Anna."

The little girl smiled a little.
"T...thank you Mentor..."
She muttered still rather overwhelmed about becoming a Traditionalist.

He nodded, "She was Greek, as were you - I don't know the circumstances of how you got caught, but I would hazard you might have been on vacation or something similar in the US. Perhaps a family gathering; a wedding or something similar? At any rate, you spoke to me in Greek, back when you first saw me, and called me Hephaestus."

"I...I don't remember how we got here or how we were captured Mentor. I remember the Labyrinth and I remember my mother telling me about the Gods when I was little which is probably why I though you where one of them."
Anna muttered.
"But it could have been some reason like that why we come to the States...I just do not remember."

He grinned wryly, "I'll admit, I have some mixed feelings about that assumption..."

"I am sorry Mentor I...guess it was the scars I do not mind them but...I guess it made me think you where that God...I did not mean to hurt your feelings."
Anna said softly.

He nodded, "Thank you, Kristina... would you be so kind as to scout ahead, find a vacant room where we can put her, and make sure we don't run into miss Bosh on the way?"

Kristina nodded at that.
"Off course I will go and take care of it right now."
She said and headed out of the room with her crystals.

He smiled down at Anna, gently lifting her into his arms, "I know, you burned a lot of energy just now... I will ask a friend if he can watch over you for a while when he comes back from the Labyrinth... I trust him fully, even if some others might find him a little morbid..."

"I am pretty used to morbid."
Anna said and smiled a little she seamed rather weak and tired but at least she was awake and her heart was beating.
"Are you sure I am safe Mentor?"
She asked.

His eyes widened, and he looked down at the cat, "Granite... Anna is safe now, but would you have a word with that man on the bed there? He's... a bit out of it, but you might be able to coax him back..."

The large gray cat looked up at you, he maued but he did not understand your words. Dan smiled a little and he bent down to lift the seven kilo ball of gray fur up onto his Mentor's bed. Granite swished his tail in protest of such handling of his magnificence and made a show of washing himself after Dan put him down to make it clear he did not enjoy being lifted, then he looked at Wolfgang and stepped onto his belly, walked around himself a few times and laid down clearly deciding that the Mercere was as good a bed as any. Wolfgang smiled, just a little he did nothing else but he smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Heart of the Labyrinth, Screams and Hope IC Thread 19

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:46 pm

"Hum...that might be useful yes...I am having some issues with a prisoner that are refusing to talk. I would prefer not to have to resort to less...civilized methods of interrogation, would you want to give it a shot and see if you can talk the man into cooperating?"
Jeffry asked and Ryan started to protest.
"Sir you are talking about putting the kid in a room with a Nephandus you just can't..."
Jeffry raised an eyebrow.
"We are at war Mr Darehill and while I understand your concern for the young man's well being being in a room with a controlled, restrained prisoner is about as benign an exposure to the Asencion War you can get."
He said and Ryan sigh.
"Yes Sir..."
He muttered then he added under his breath.
"Angie is going to kill me!"

"Angelica did say I need to find my way in the world." Serge reasoned with Ryan. "Not only that, she did technically say that I needed to listen to the Deacons. Besides, he's right, talking to a man in a controlled room surrounded by guards isn't exactly a death-defying stunt. If I fail, I'll just leave and if I succeed that I'll have used what little talents I have to benefit this community."

Looking back at Jeffry Serge said, "I can give it a shot, although from what I hear about the Nephandus, I doubt that civilized methods of interrogations will be any effective. I can still give it a try though. Who is the prisoner?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:50 pm

"Well perhaps that Nephandi child should be restrained in a cell Sir."
Miss Bosh grumbled.
"And I am sure those children we have to force will see the wisdom of it when they grow up."
She said sounding rather sure of herself.
Colin breathed deeply, "She will, for a while, once she is past the most critical stage. But not here, and not now."
He shook his head, "And no, children forced in such a manner will largely not 'see the wisdom of it' when they grow up. Their distrust of medical personnel and authorities will only fester and grow... When the only memory they have of a clinic or hospital is one where angry, strong, big people hold them down and stab them with needles, what the hell do you think they're going to feel about going there for help, even in emergencies?"

Mrs Bosh opened and closed her mouth a few times looking enraged at what you where saying but not finding the words to protest.
"Perhaps I should...go to see if there are any...wounded among those returning from the mission at the Labyrinth."
She snapped and glared at you.
He nodded, "That would perhaps be best. There are a few casualties; they'll be able to handle someone... less gentle and more efficient."

"Her name is Freddy? Do you think she is scared after she was shot?"
Anna asked softly.
He nodded, "She was - not so much because she was shot, but... well... Warden tried to gilgul me as Freddy regained consciousness, and she heard me scream in pain, but couldn't see how I was doing. Warden tried... she failed like no-one has failed before, but it still hurt a lot. After I came to, she's seemed less frightened and more irritated by not being able to see her screen for a while."

"I am not completely sure I understand but if you think it is a good thing, my Glass Dragon would be happy about it at least."
Anna muttered.
He grinned, "In five years, you told me he'd been a lot less lazy recently. So yes, I think he was enjoying it immensely."

"I guess not...I have allot of nightmares...many in the Labyrinth...do..."
The girl said and she looked down sadly when she remembered that the Labyrinth had been wiped out then she sigh and looked up at you.
"Sock budget I don't..."
Then she looked down at how her fingers where plucking at her socks and she blushed.
"Ohh...ehm sorry..."
He chuckled, "Don't worry about it - socks are cheap, and there are far worse nervous habits you could have."
He gave her a mock stern expression, "If you start smoking, for example, I'll make sure you're grounded for the next three reincarnations."

"I like him but he always seam so sad. Is he happier now that he have a new purpose and a name?"
The young Nephanda asked as she glanced up at you.
He nodded, "He's... I'm not sure 'thrilled' is an accurate term, but he's gone from being forced to do meaningless, violent tasks to doing meaningful things of his own accord, to preserve memories as he should. He was grateful enough that he promised to come if I call."

Anna looked down and started sobbing.
"They must be terrified I am terrified and you say I stand a good chance of not being...not being...that...how do someone even stay alive with something like that looming over their heads...is there nothing that can be done for them? Nothing?"
The little girl asked she curled up into a ball and cried.
He shook his head, "Not much that can be done for them, I'm afraid, except leaving them as much dignity as possible. But, everyone copes with the inevitable in their own ways, and Jodelle, for example, will go to her fate proud and unbroken..."

"I am sorry Mentor I...guess it was the scars I do not mind them but...I guess it made me think you where that God...I did not mean to hurt your feelings."
Anna said softly.
He grinned, "Quite alright - the god of craftsmen is a promotion, I suppose."

"I am pretty used to morbid."
Anna said and smiled a little she seamed rather weak and tired but at least she was awake and her heart was beating.
"Are you sure I am safe Mentor?"
She asked.
He nodded, "Quite safe."

The large gray cat looked up at you, he maued but he did not understand your words. Dan smiled a little and he bent down to lift the seven kilo ball of gray fur up onto his Mentor's bed. Granite swished his tail in protest of such handling of his magnificence and made a show of washing himself after Dan put him down to make it clear he did not enjoy being lifted, then he looked at Wolfgang and stepped onto his belly, walked around himself a few times and laid down clearly deciding that the Mercere was as good a bed as any. Wolfgang smiled, just a little he did nothing else but he smiled.
He smiled, "A good sign, that..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Sarge:

"Angelica did say I need to find my way in the world." Serge reasoned with Ryan. "Not only that, she did technically say that I needed to listen to the Deacons. Besides, he's right, talking to a man in a controlled room surrounded by guards isn't exactly a death-defying stunt. If I fail, I'll just leave and if I succeed that I'll have used what little talents I have to benefit this community."

Ryan looked rather doubtful but then he sigh and nodded.
"Well I guess you will not be in to much danger kid, the man is restrained both physically and magickally, but I do not think it is just mortal peril Angie is concerned about, she is also worried about you emotionally, interrogating a prisoner fated for the grimest of ends can be a difficult thing."
He said and shook his head.
"But yes perhaps you can do some good with this. I will not deny you the attempt kid after all you are initiated in the eyes of the Traditions you are an adult."

Looking back at Jeffry Serge said, "I can give it a shot, although from what I hear about the Nephandus, I doubt that civilized methods of interrogations will be any effective. I can still give it a try though. Who is the prisoner?"

"Thank you Mr Yager, well some of the Fallen can be reasoned with others not, for now I do not want you to hurt him, you can scare him if you must but do not harm him if...less civilized methods have to be employed I will bare that burden not you but perhaps your skills with people will be of some aid. He says his name is Siege Jael and he was captured a few hours ago by two of the members of this Chantry while...collecting shards from a shattered Avatar in a parking lot in the slums. We know he was a Traditionalist for he have mentioned belonging to a Chantry and a Cabal but we do not know which or which Tradition he was initiated into. The man is polite but have refused to answer any questions so far."
Jeffry said and he frowned as he mentioned the shattered Avatar.
"Beyond that we know little about him."

Colin:

Colin breathed deeply, "She will, for a while, once she is past the most critical stage. But not here, and not now."

Miss Bosh glared at you but said nothing.

He shook his head, "And no, children forced in such a manner will largely not 'see the wisdom of it' when they grow up. Their distrust of medical personnel and authorities will only fester and grow... When the only memory they have of a clinic or hospital is one where angry, strong, big people hold them down and stab them with needles, what the hell do you think they're going to feel about going there for help, even in emergencies?"

Miss Bosh was about to say something but Kristina spoke up first.
"Many members of my Tradition are afraid of fire, they remember horrid executions in earlier lives or have been traumatized by our rather brutal initiation rituals I have seen up close the effect of strong phobias but the thing is while a fear of fire might keep them from using real candles during rituals, trust me there is allot of sales of the good electric ones among Verbena, they are not going to die, not unless caught out in the middle of winter and to much fear to start a campfire but that is not likely to happen, however when it comes to medical phobias Miss Bosh people die, people die each year, and in America the number of those who have a fear of needles strong enough to avoid medical aid are around ten percent for those born after 1983 when the new vaccination program was put into effect, so yes are some of those kids i your clinic going to be fine yes of course, just like I also have memories of my former incarnation's execution, I remember how it felt to be burned alive but I am no more vary of fire than anyone else, some are fine, but ten percent of them are going to avoid medical aid, and another ten percent will be scared enough to create problems for them for weeks before an examination and it could be avoided so easily."
The Verbena said softly and Miss Bosh sigh.
"There is not much I can do Mrs Knox the system is what it is..."
She defended herself.

He nodded, "That would perhaps be best. There are a few casualties; they'll be able to handle someone... less gentle and more efficient."

The hedge wizard snorted and marched towards the stairs.
"For what it is worth Mr Wainwright I hope the little girl will be alright."
She said as she left.

He nodded, "She was - not so much because she was shot, but... well... Warden tried to gilgul me as Freddy regained consciousness, and she heard me scream in pain, but couldn't see how I was doing. Warden tried... she failed like no-one has failed before, but it still hurt a lot. After I came to, she's seemed less frightened and more irritated by not being able to see her screen for a while."

"This Freddy is very brave I would have been terrified I hit my head once and was scared out of my wits, Cotta one of those who live...lived in the Labyrinth told my Mentor that is what happens with what he makes me watch, he told her to just shut up and well anyway...she tried to...to Gilgul you? That is horrible that must have been scary..."
The girl exclaimed she hesitated then put her hand on yours for a moment.

He grinned, "In five years, you told me he'd been a lot less lazy recently. So yes, I think he was enjoying it immensely."

"That is good...he should be less lazy he just likes to sit there in my soul looking at things and not do much else."
Anna said and nodded.

He chuckled, "Don't worry about it - socks are cheap, and there are far worse nervous habits you could have."
He gave her a mock stern expression, "If you start smoking, for example, I'll make sure you're grounded for the next three reincarnations."

"I guess..."
Anna said and let go of her socks then she wrinkled her nose in disgust.
"Smoking smell bad I would not want to do that...I do like fruit filled chocolates though I can imagine eating them until I am as fat as my Glass Dragon."
She said wryly and smiled a little.
"Can an Avatar get fat? And if so can it get stuck in your soul so it can't leave when you die?"
She asked suddenly, one of those strange worries children got perhaps when they did not fully understand how things worked.

He nodded, "He's... I'm not sure 'thrilled' is an accurate term, but he's gone from being forced to do meaningless, violent tasks to doing meaningful things of his own accord, to preserve memories as he should. He was grateful enough that he promised to come if I call."

"That is very good, I hope he is happier now, spirits are nice, they are perfect you know, even if it is just for one single thing, they are perfect I like spirits."
Anna said and nodded.

He shook his head, "Not much that can be done for them, I'm afraid, except leaving them as much dignity as possible. But, everyone copes with the inevitable in their own ways, and Jodelle, for example, will go to her fate proud and unbroken..."

"I imagine she will, Miss Jerkins is a warrior, she is tough."
Anna said and nodded she was still sobbing.
"I wish there was something I could do for them, but I guess there is nothing anyone can say about something so horrible that will make it any easier...are...are you sure my Glass Dragon are safe?"
She asked both sad for the other Nephandi and terrified for the safety of her own Avatar.

He grinned, "Quite alright - the god of craftsmen is a promotion, I suppose."

"He was one of my mother's favorites, she used to make things. I remember she had a shrine to him in her workshop and would leave offerings of materials, wine and flowers there when she started new projects."
Anna muttered with a faraway look in her eyes.
"She told me he would protect me if I ever needed help..."

He nodded, "Quite safe."

The girl wrapped her arms around you but said nothing she seamed to be half asleep.

He smiled, "A good sign, that..."

Dan smiled and nodded.
"Yeah...I think so to...thank you Sir."
He said as he petted the large cat.
"And thank you as well fluffball."
He said and Granite gave him a sour look, he had not quite forgiven him for being lifted yet but he butted his head against the young Mercere's hand, he would accept petting as an offering for forgiveness.

Kristina dropped into the infirmary again and told you.
"I have found a room where the child can rest, and the hallway is clear, if you would come with me we should get her to bed."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Zach nodded and sigh. "I know...I know but he was my responsibility and then something happened to him and I feel guilty over it."
The Virtual Adept said still stressing.

"Well, there is no need to blame yourself if you didn't do anything to him. Sometimes things happen and you have to try to deal with it but it's not directly your fault. I understand the feeling, but for now we should focus on trying to take care of the problem."

"Yeah ehm...the recording is on my phone." Zach said. "I will give it to the Chief when we get back...so it was what you told him that made him like this? So what do we do now? Just let him have his Seeking and why where he in pain I have never been in pain before a Seeking before and I have had two."

"Good," he agreed as he talked about the information. "Did he hit his head as he went down?" he asked, checking over Flavio to see if he had done so, or was in an awkward position. "If his avatar is having a chat with him, it's best to leave him to it for now. People have different kinds of Seekings depending on their avatar and their own outlooks. As for if it was what I said, it seems I gave them food for thought, let's leave it at that."

"I could make a make shift stretcher to carry him on, I am a bit worried with that stone on his hands if he is not handled with allot of care the stone might bounce around or pull to much on his hands or something." The young Virtual Adept said. "No he probably should not be kept like that for to long, it looks like it hurts even if he said it did not."

"That's a good idea, if it doesn't cost you too much to do, is there some cloth or material to use? And I agree, we should try to mind his hands. Let's get to it..." he gave him a nod.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:29 pm

Ryan looked rather doubtful but then he sigh and nodded.
"Well I guess you will not be in to much danger kid, the man is restrained both physically and magickally, but I do not think it is just mortal peril Angie is concerned about, she is also worried about you emotionally, interrogating a prisoner fated for the grimest of ends can be a difficult thing."

"You don't need to tell me twice. She's quite literally saved me from myself multiple times. Still, In the world that we live in I'm going to need face this kind of stuff eventually. No use hiding it from me when everyone around me talks about it." Serge said calmly.

"Thank you Mr Yager, well some of the Fallen can be reasoned with others not, for now I do not want you to hurt him, you can scare him if you must but do not harm him if...less civilized methods have to be employed I will bare that burden not you but perhaps your skills with people will be of some aid. He says his name is Siege Jael and he was captured a few hours ago by two of the members of this Chantry while...collecting shards from a shattered Avatar in a parking lot in the slums. We know he was a Traditionalist for he have mentioned belonging to a Chantry and a Cabal but we do not know which or which Tradition he was initiated into. The man is polite but have refused to answer any questions so far."
Jeffry said and he frowned as he mentioned the shattered Avatar.
"Beyond that we know little about him."

Serge looks off into the distance as he what Jeffrey had said. "This will be interesting. Don't worry about me using less-civilized methods. I'm not one of those rough police interrogators. I couldn't scare a little kid no matter how hard I tried.

Laughing slightly at that mental image, Serge continued, "And I don't plan on doing any mind trickery with him unless absolutely necessary. Besides you guys probably have better mind-readers than me. I'll try to get a conversation going with him....see if I can get him talking and try to learn what I can from there. Is their any specific information that you want to know?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Adley:

"Well, there is no need to blame yourself if you didn't do anything to him. Sometimes things happen and you have to try to deal with it but it's not directly your fault. I understand the feeling, but for now we should focus on trying to take care of the problem."

"I guess you are right, but I still feel terrible about it, I know I could not have done anything but he was my responsibility and I sort of feel that I should have done something anyway."
The young Virtual Adept muttered.

"Good," he agreed as he talked about the information. "Did he hit his head as he went down?" he asked, checking over Flavio to see if he had done so, or was in an awkward position.

"No, I mean he was already on the floor after all so he just sort of went limp."
Zach replied. You could see that Flavio's head was a bit to much to the side he would have a stiff neck and perhaps a headache when he woke up if left like that but he was not hurt in any way.

"If his avatar is having a chat with him, it's best to leave him to it for now. People have different kinds of Seekings depending on their avatar and their own outlooks. As for if it was what I said, it seems I gave them food for thought, let's leave it at that."

"Well you are right about that."
Zach said he still seamed worried though and he looked curious as to what it was you had said to Flavio to drive the Nephandus into a Seeking but he left it at that and did not ask anything further.

"That's a good idea, if it doesn't cost you too much to do, is there some cloth or material to use? And I agree, we should try to mind his hands. Let's get to it..." he gave him a nod.

"I don't cost me anything it is not my room."
Zach said and looked around.
"That book shelf there if we just take the end of it and wrap it in a blanket we have a makeshift stretcher right there and the way I understand it this place is going to come apart anyway so we might as well use what we can and a mess will not matter much."
The Virtual Adept said and pointed at a tall Ikea bookshelf.
"If you watch Flavio for a moment I can take the shelf apart and make the stretcher."
He offered glad to be doing something.

Sarge:

"You don't need to tell me twice. She's quite literally saved me from myself multiple times. Still, In the world that we live in I'm going to need face this kind of stuff eventually. No use hiding it from me when everyone around me talks about it." Serge said calmly.

Ryan nodded solemnly at that.
"I know, I just a few days ago had to tell my own apprentice about some of the darker things in our society, it is not fun but it is part of it and we are at war, it is true that sooner or later you will have to deal with that kid but I had hoped it would be later."

Serge looks off into the distance as he what Jeffrey had said. "This will be interesting. Don't worry about me using less-civilized methods. I'm not one of those rough police interrogators. I couldn't scare a little kid no matter how hard I tried.

"Good, do not use magick to directly affect his mind either many would consider such a violation to be worse than torture, you can use your Ars to change the mood have a general calming effect on the man, those kinds of subtle effect but not directly changing or reading his mind if you please, that kind of unpleasantness might be necessary if everything else fails but for now let us try to fight the Nephandi without becoming like them."
Jeffry said and frowned.

Laughing slightly at that mental image, Serge continued, "And I don't plan on doing any mind trickery with him unless absolutely necessary. Besides you guys probably have better mind-readers than me.

"Well we do have an archmage but like I said I try to avoid such methods if at all possible."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.

I'll try to get a conversation going with him....see if I can get him talking and try to learn what I can from there. Is their any specific information that you want to know?"

"It is early morning why don't you try to bring him breakfast, a bit of kindness might get him to open up enough to have a conversation at least."
Jeffry suggested.
"Yes I want to know what the Nephandi wanted to do with the Avatar fragments, why they have been attacking their own, if they have any agents among the Chantries in the Tribunal, and if you get a reply to that question bring it to me and once and tell no one else I do not need rumors spreading. I also want to know what he knows about Lisa Larson, that is the leader of this little Nephandi infestation we are having are planning, where she is and about the defenses of their Labyrinth, some of this we already know but I want to know as much as possible as well as have information confirmed from different sources. Also I would like to know who he was, what Tradition he was and how he was recruited."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:46 pm

(OOC: So we are at 30 pages again and it is time for a new summary. This will have to be a bit quick one since I am rather busy this week but if I have missed something important please let me know.

Adley and Colin spoke with William some more, Crexia sent him into a magickal sleep and they left him in the Nephandi Chief's room under a protective barrier as Udella burned out the corridor and turned it to glass, the group then moved to the Northern Hub of the Labyrinth where they had heard that the Chief's apprentice who they needed for her shortcut into the Caul chamber and several other Nephandi was making a last stand against a group of their allies. Getting there they ended up in a massive fight, which they won. Colin managed to talk a Nephandi woman Dalett into surrendering if she was allowed to kill her wounded daughter rather than see the younger maga be captured by the Traditions. The group also captured Allison the non corrupted apprentice of the Chief. The Traditionalists win the fight and slaugther the remaining Nephandi that do not surrender.

Adley ended up in a Quiet where he saw himself as his former life Einje a Flambeau warrior during the Schism War. Colin was sent into Adley's Mind to retrieve him, in the Quiet the two mages meet Arto a Diedne who Einje and Carmon once captured and turned over to Crexia for torture and execution and the memory of the dead druid become their guide through the Quiet. Adley comes back to his senses. Colin however slips into another future vision where he is five years into the future on Horizon he learns that Udella will take Allison as her apprentice to give the girl a chance however the former Nephandi apprentice go into a coma after a stroke due to her long time use of the magick dampening serum. Colin gets some ideas for how to slow Matty Carlyle down which he manage to present just in time, he also learn that the serum was a botched Hermetic lichdom potion that the Technocracy modified. Colin also learn that Lisa Larson's Labyrinth is a downed Battle Cruiser and that it have a handler, a woman who identify with the Navigators in Dune so the Orphan plans on charming her enough to get close by bringing her some Dune themed gifts and it might just work.

Adley uses Heart's Blood on the pine cone and by that he manages to reach Matty Carlyle's who by now are attacking the group, Avatar and he talks it into cooperating, the being make a deal with the Traditionalists that it wishes to die and Matty is to be able to choose life and death after it is done, after that the Traditionalists manage to separate the Avatar from the Umbrood it have been bounded to and the Avatar go back inside Matty's soul, she is restrained and taken into custody and the spirit she was bounded with gets banished.

The party who now have joined forces with the other Traditionalists from the hub return to the Chief's room to use her shortcut, they ask for a portal from Hans Harris and get the wounded and the prisoners, including William sent back to Morningstar. Later they discover that Flavio a Fallen Flambeau have come in through the Umbra to try to blow the group of Traditionalists, Morningstar though the portal and a good chink of Chicago away with a modern Ball of Abysmal Flame, some good tea have to be sacrificed but at the end of the day the group take Flavio out and stop his spell. Adley have a talk with Flavio and ask him some questions that cut to the core for later the Nephandus go into a Seeking over them.

The group move through the shortcut and end up in the Caul Chamber there Abigail is holding a protective barrier going using a vial of blood as an arcane connection to a young Orphan who's Avatar is the soul of Chicago she is planning on destroying this soul in a glorious last stand effort but that is stopped when Adley use magick and take the vial away from her, the protective barrier fails and all of the remaining Nephandi save Abigail are killed. Abigail try to off herself but is stopped and healed though she is in a coma.

Crexia give Adley a very hard choice, she can try to wind time back and return the Caul into the form of the child she had once been, but after careful consideration Adley chooses to rather have her destroy it and release it's sleeping Avatar, the chance was to greatthat even if it looked like a child the creature would still be a Caul inside.

The group return to the Chief's room, Colin destroy Isabella's blood since it is not needed anymore and everyone prepare to evacuate the Labyrinth. Crexia and a few of the Masters stay behind to finish off the Caul and destroy the Labyrinth itself. Colin gets a call through Zach that there is trouble with Anna and he rushes through a portal to Morningstar to save her. Adley is overseeing the evacuations and heling Zach get Flavio through Hans' portal.

Tane have been getting Tobias to the Node chamber, spoken with Coawa about safety and the morning meeting with the local werewolves and have been planning to get some spirits to help him make spirit morphine for Beatrice.

And we have a new character in the game Sarge who have moved from his former Chantry Westchapel where his Mentor still lives to Steelhaven to stretch his wings. He have had a meeting with Jeffry Morgan and due to his skills with people have been asked to have a talk with a Nephandi prisoner to try to get the man to give up information without having to resort to torture.

Thank you for the gaming everyone great job we had some great moments, especially Adley's talk with Flavio and later his pondering what to do about the Caul. Also it is great to have a new player. Three exp to everyone. One of the two Labyrinths the player characters know about down and one to go.

Here is a link to the next IC thread: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t117-wrapping-up-in-chicago-new-trouble-at-home-and-angry-magi-ic-thread-20 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30