Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 26 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:25 pm

"I was born in New York as well, and yes I met my Mentor there, did you live in a chantry there?"

"No I lived with my parents and only went to the Chantries to train with my Mentor." Serge explained.

"I did not fit in much and it frustrated my parents to no end."

"Try being a crazy lunatic who was still talking to his imaginary friends in middle school." Serge said with a smile.

"It didn't frustrate my parents, only made them worry to no end. They sent me straight to a psychiatrist. And that's where I met my Mentor."

Serge and Tane earlier:

"You thought that Steelhaven would be a castle...in the middle of Boston?"
Constance said and grinned though her expression soon sobered again.
"Well I guess there are that Hermetic Chantry at the University it is sort of like a castle, anyway I am glad that you are happy here."

"Hell Yeah I did! Look." Serge said flipping to the drawing of a castle that he had drawn in the car.

"I mean think about its name for a second. Steelhaven. Sounds like a medieval fortress to me. Anyways I'm glad to see you too." Serge said with a smile.

"It could have been allot worse, and another person was stabbed with that sword, my this guy gets around as for what he looks like sort of like a short man with dark skin, dark hair and allot of tattoos."
The new Nephandus said and glanced over at Tane and she smiled just a little.
"I am not so sure I agree with the coolness of that sword though but it certainly where effective."
She grumbled.

"Short man...with dark skin, dark hair, and tattoos. So kind of like Mr. Karyak?" Serge with a glance at Tane and his ritual tattoos.

"Ohhhhh he's Mr. Shark Sword." Serge said finally realizing. "Do you have the sword on you? Because I would love to draw it some day." Serge said with a smile returning to his face.

Tane grinned at the boy exited with him. What would be his surprise with tane's identity "Who else have you seen?"

"In this Chantry? A couple of people so far but not many. As for people you've stabbed I've only met one other person.
A prisoner in the basement."
Serge said remembering his talk with Siege.

Constance shook her head.
"They offered but I don't think I could eat anything, not with what...is going to happen to me."
She muttered and the white flecks of anxiousness in her aura flared up as she thought about it.

Serge twitched a little as the white flecks flared up. Seeing emotions on someones face was easier to ignore than seeing it in a brilliant display of lights and magick.

"Yeah...shit do happens..."
Constance muttered bitterly.

"Did you put up a fight?" Serge asked curiously. "I mean....what do you do when Mr. Shark Sword comes at you flailing a shark by its tail. I would probably freak and run away." Serge said humorously keeping a careful eye on her aura to see if their were any improvements to her mood.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 26 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:40 pm

"I am thankful that you are understanding about it Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and nodded clearly still a little uneasy.
Colin nodded, "I've seen how easy it would be for a Verbena to locate someone - and possibly worse - with just the blood sticking to an extracted tooth. It rather impressed upon me how much a risk something so traceable can be..."

"Hum...you might be right actually."
Crexia said as she pondered the question.
"In either case I am sure Master Ir would love to examine that Avatar of yours...with her permission off course, she seams quite unique."
He nodded, "I shall have to ask her... but not now; it will have to wait until the meet-and-greet is arranged, and that again will have to wait until I have the time to come visit again."

"I really depends on how much of a hurry you are in...listen go to the cafeteria and see if you find your Chantrymate there, when I am at the infirmary I will see if anyone I trust is there and send them to take over babysitting duty until you can come back for the kid and send Mr Terach down to meet with the rest of you, do that sound like a workable plan?"
Rhe archmage asked.
He pondered briefly, "That... might be inadvisable; I asked Mr. Terach not to leave her side until I came back. I believe he'll stick to that unless... hmm... Hang on, let me just write him a message."
He quickly flipped up his notebook and scrawled down neatly, 'Adjan, something urgent has come up. In case I can't arrange to bring Anna back ASAP - there's an urgent crisis at home - the bearer of this note has been trusted to watch over my apprentice until I can come for her. Just in case, though, the bearer will be given a spoken passphrase Anna will understand. C. Wainwright.'
He tore the note out of the book and handed it to Crexia, whispering softly, "The passphrase is 'lazy glass dragon and marbles'. I trust your judgment."

((OOC: Probably refueling loaners from the Chantry garage. And his phone is registered with a nearby home address - y'know, spam targeting everyone in the area... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:36 pm

Nicole:

From what you could see the hostage taker just stood there with a knife at the young man's throat, however this likely being a mage the chance that he had something else up his sleeve was pretty good.
"Yeah, try a crap week."
The woman with the gun said she was not taking her aim of the man with the knife but she was not firing either.

The man with the knife smiled slightly.
"Oh I do not assume every one of you would bend over backwards to save a lone apprentice ma'am, however you might have noticed the two gentlemen running around, a noticed that they are not quite human, now it just so happens that these beings when angry or scared, well very angry and scared get rather unpredictable, reason leave their minds and as such chance play a pretty good role in their action, and I many or many not have manipulated chance to have them do as much damage as possible, also please notice that they are quite injured, cut and burned I did that before releasing them...what do you think are the chances that if this kid dies with me here that a tiny drop of their blood ends up on their lips?"
He said and smiled sadly again.
"It might only be about give or take fifty percent chance that he will wake up again if that happens but...are you willing to take a fifty percent chance with his Avatar? Now if you would please get me someone who can actually listen to my demands and do anything about them..."
He said, pretty convinced at least some of the gathered mages would know enough to understand his threats.

As you stood there assessing the situation the cryptid that had been running towards you did his best to push you out of the way to get out into the other basement corridor and he was pretty strong for his small frame.

(OOC: If Nicole do not wish to be tossed to the side rolling strength plus brawl to push back or Dex plus Athletics to step out of the way would be appreciated.)

Serge:

"No I lived with my parents and only went to the Chantries to train with my Mentor." Serge explained.

"I see, some do it that way with underage mages, it is easier than to try to get custody of the child out well kidnap them from their parents...mine never gave much shit what happened to me though so I moved into Chantry Eos soon after my Mentor found me. My parents where happy to send their troublesome daughter of to special school."
Francesca said and shrugged.

"Try being a crazy lunatic who was still talking to his imaginary friends in middle school." Serge said with a smile.

"It didn't frustrate my parents, only made them worry to no end. They sent me straight to a psychiatrist. And that's where I met my Mentor."

"I can understand your parents getting worried over that, it is not exactly usual and if they where sleepers they would not have understood."
The Euthanathos said.
"At least they cared..."

Serge and Tane earlier:

"Hell Yeah I did! Look." Serge said flipping to the drawing of a castle that he had drawn in the car.

"That is a nice castle Serge but you do know we are in a big city in USA and not in the Scottish countryside? There are very few castles around here."
Cadence said and she smiled a little.

"I mean think about its name for a second. Steelhaven. Sounds like a medieval fortress to me. Anyways I'm glad to see you too." Serge said with a smile.

"Well yes it do kind of sound like that...perhaps the guy who founded it Master Steelhaven lived in a fortress once."
The new Nephanda said then she gave you a sad look.
"I only wish it was under different circumstances Serge..."
She muttered.

"Short man...with dark skin, dark hair, and tattoos. So kind of like Mr. Karyak?" Serge with a glance at Tane and his ritual tattoos.

"Ohhhhh he's Mr. Shark Sword." Serge said finally realizing. "Do you have the sword on you? Because I would love to draw it some day." Serge said with a smile returning to his face.

Your enthusiasm made Cadence giggle a bit.
"Yeah...he is the one..."
She muttered.
"And I think the sword is ceremonial so be careful to show some respect, he appears to be a nice enough man when one is not in a fight with him but you do not want to insult him now do you..."

"Did you put up a fight?" Serge asked curiously. "I mean....what do you do when Mr. Shark Sword comes at you flailing a shark by its tail. I would probably freak and run away." Serge said humorously keeping a careful eye on her aura to see if their were any improvements to her mood.

Cadence shook her head sadly.
"No I did not...I...saw someone in the Traditionalist strike team I did not expect to see, my ex in fact and I got distracted for just a moment and then I was on the ground with a hole in my side bleeding out, yeah if I had seen someone coming at me with that sword I would have been scared for sure but I really did not see it coming, I did a very poor job at guarding that door..."
She muttered. You saw the gray and silver flare around her aura, and there was so much orange, the girl was terrified and sad and her mood did not seam to be improving much.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "I've seen how easy it would be for a Verbena to locate someone - and possibly worse - with just the blood sticking to an extracted tooth. It rather impressed upon me how much a risk something so traceable can be..."

"Or the bit of blood Abigail used to nearly destroy the soul of this city, there is a reason why most magi are careful about our body parts and destroy blood from wounds, fallen hair and nail clippings...but with that potion, it is turned to me in every way...there could be no stronger arcane connection to me."
Crexia said with urgency in her voice.
"So please keep the sample safe until it have been used and then destroyed."

He nodded, "I shall have to ask her... but not now; it will have to wait until the meet-and-greet is arranged, and that again will have to wait until I have the time to come visit again."

"Off course, off course it have no urgency of course."
Crexia said and nodded.
"I am sure Master Ir will find you both fascinating though."

He pondered briefly, "That... might be inadvisable; I asked Mr. Terach not to leave her side until I came back. I believe he'll stick to that unless... hmm... Hang on, let me just write him a message."
He quickly flipped up his notebook and scrawled down neatly, 'Adjan, something urgent has come up. In case I can't arrange to bring Anna back ASAP - there's an urgent crisis at home - the bearer of this note has been trusted to watch over my apprentice until I can come for her. Just in case, though, the bearer will be given a spoken passphrase Anna will understand. C. Wainwright.'
He tore the note out of the book and handed it to Crexia, whispering softly, "The passphrase is 'lazy glass dragon and marbles'. I trust your judgment."

Crexia took the note and nodded.
"Very well, I am sure I can find someone who will treat the girl kindly."
She said before giving you a nod of her head and preparing to leave.

(OOC: Well spam for everyone then.)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cadence not Constance I am mixing up character names :P)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:36 pm

"I see, some do it that way with underage mages, it is easier than to try to get custody of the child out well kidnap them from their parents...mine never gave much shit what happened to me though so I moved into Chantry Eos soon after my Mentor found me. My parents where happy to send their troublesome daughter of to special school."
Francesca said and shrugged.

"I had a sort-of secret identity situation with my parents. They still don't know that I'm a mage capable of ripping their minds of apart. I always had to give random excuses every time I wanted to train with my mentor. It got easier when I turned 18 and had to moved out for college" Serge said with a shrug.

"I can understand your parents getting worried over that, it is not exactly usual and if they where sleepers they would not have understood."
The Euthanathos said.

"Understood what? I wasn't doing anything magickal, at least not in middle school. I was actually talking to my imaginary friends. I was a pathetic, lonely kid and didn't have any friends so I made them up myself." Serge said a little embarrassed.

Serge and Tane earlier:

"That is a nice castle Serge but you do know we are in a big city in USA and not in the Scottish countryside? There are very few castles around here."
Constance said and she smiled a little.

"Yeah well, who cares? If I close my eyes I can be in a big castle if I want to be." Serge said with a smile.

"Well yes it do kind of sound like that...perhaps the guy who founded it Master Steelhaven lived in a fortress once."
The new Nephanda said then she gave you a sad look.
"I only wish it was under different circumstances Serge..."
She muttered.

"I won't lie, better circumstances would be nice but I'm not complaining. No point complaining or worrying about things that have already happened. Might as well make the best of it. It's nice just seeing you again." Serge said with a smile.

Your enthusiasm made Constance giggle a bit.
"Yeah...he is the one..."
She muttered.
"And I think the sword is ceremonial so be careful to show some respect, he appears to be a nice enough man when one is not in a fight with him but you do not want to insult him now do you..."

"Damn your right. Swords like that are always important." Serge said a little annoyed.

Turning back towards Tane Serge said nervously, "Sorry if I was a bit forwards. I just spent 15 minutes talking non-stop with a prisoner and most of that conversation involved you and that sword. I guess I got a little excited."

Constance shook her head sadly.
"No I did not...I...saw someone in the Traditionalist strike team I did not expect to see, my ex in fact and I got distracted for just a moment and then I was on the ground with a hole in my side bleeding out, yeah if I had seen someone coming at me with that sword I would have been scared for sure but I really did not see it coming, I did a very poor job at guarding that door..."
She muttered. You saw the gray and silver flare around her aura, and there was so much orange, the girl was terrified and sad and her mood did not seam to be improving much.

Serge bit his lip to stop himself reacting to the changes in Cadence's aura. This was the downside of seeing a person's emotions in real-time. He silently cursed himself for thinking that reminding Cadence of her fight would cheer her up. He tried to think of another topic to cheer her up but Serge realized that that was not the reason he was here.

"Well it's very clear that you being treated reasonable and well. You should eat something soon. You should eat though. Some food might help calm you down." Serge advised.

"I don't think Master Morgan would be happy that I spent some time talking to you. I was just supposed to make sure you were being treated well. Well I'm glad I talked with you. I still have other tasks I need to take care off." Serge said, saying his farewells.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:44 pm

"If you bring your Chantrymate from this room though you are going to either have to bring the girl as well, take her back to the infirmary or find someone else to watch her." Crexia said. "We can not have her wandering around free in restraints she can get out of if she give it a good try, I am sorry about that."
He sighed. "We just don't have time to bring her back with us now, plus it seems a dangerous situation..."
He nodded, "Precisely why I would prefer coming back for her and Mr. Terach after attempting to secure a better restraint than the pair of cuffs - which I suspect Chief Joakim would want back before I leave in any case."
"I really depends on how much of a hurry you are in...listen go to the cafeteria and see if you find your Chantrymate there, when I am at the infirmary I will see if anyone I trust is there and send them to take over babysitting duty until you can come back for the kid and send Mr Terach down to meet with the rest of you, do that sound like a workable plan?"
Rhe archmage asked.
"Good, let's go..."
He nodded, "We'll be right behind you." He glanced sideways at Adley, "Need a shoulder to lean on rather than sprint down the stairs?
"Can I borrow your stiff upper lip?" he teased, then took an offered shoulder if it meant getting down the stairs faster. "Thank you," he said.
There where one message on your phone from your Mentor..."
He shook his head mildly at the letter format and then showed the message to Colin, a vaguely suspicious look on his face. "This should help..."
He frowned, "Hum... The gas station near the Chantry has a two-for-one offer on motor oil. Might be of interest to you once your car is roadworthy again."
He snorted. "I forgot all about my car...what a week," he said, looking for someone that fit the description of the mysterious Mr Yeger.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:17 pm

Serge:

"I had a sort-of secret identity situation with my parents. They still don't know that I'm a mage capable of ripping their minds of apart. I always had to give random excuses every time I wanted to train with my mentor. It got easier when I turned 18 and had to moved out for college" Serge said with a shrug.

"It is probably best they don't know, if they do not know about the Asencion War then there is less chance they become a target and besides if they are sleepers chances are they will be less than understanding, they might even fear you."
Francesca said as she glanced over at you.

"Understood what? I wasn't doing anything magickal, at least not in middle school. I was actually talking to my imaginary friends. I was a pathetic, lonely kid and didn't have any friends so I made them up myself." Serge said a little embarrassed.

"I am sorry to hear you did not have any friends...but are you so sure those imaginary friends where just that, often both we and the sleepers are doing magick without knowing, in fact the whole Consensus thing is magick done by the sleepers and Awakening is less about becoming able to do magick than realizing that we already are."
The death maga said softly as she gave you an encouraging smile.

Tane and Serge earlier:

"Yeah well, who cares? If I close my eyes I can be in a big castle if I want to be." Serge said with a smile.

"The way you see the world Serge is pretty odd, but I can not help to feel that it is far more fun than the way I do."
The new Nephanda said and she sounded amused.

"I won't lie, better circumstances would be nice but I'm not complaining. No point complaining or worrying about things that have already happened. Might as well make the best of it. It's nice just seeing you again." Serge said with a smile.

"Well you are not the one who where run through and who sit here bound, having to tell your Mentor you joined the Nephandi and knowing you would soon be...ended...I do not see any way to make the best of this Serge but...it is good to see you again..."
She said softly and looked down fearfully.

"Damn your right. Swords like that are always important." Serge said a little annoyed.

"So they are...sorry for annoying you I just did not want you to hurt Tane's feelings."
The former Chorister muttered.

"Well it's very clear that you being treated reasonable and well. You should eat something soon. You should eat though. Some food might help calm you down." Serge advised.

"I guess you are right...and if I don't eat sooner or later I will be forced to and I would like to keep what little dignity I have left."
Cadence said.
"Well you did your job I am treated fine, far better than any of you would be if you had been captured by the Nephandi so I can't complain."
She said and tried to force a small smile.

"I don't think Master Morgan would be happy that I spent some time talking to you. I was just supposed to make sure you were being treated well. Well I'm glad I talked with you. I still have other tasks I need to take care off." Serge said, saying his farewells.

"I am sorry for keeping you...but yeah I am glad for the talk."
Cadence said and smiled slightly again. Hildegard nodded to you.
"Her hands will be taken care of and her wound re dressed we do not want her to suffer needlessly, and advocate have been arranged for her and will arrive shortly."
She informed you.
"Well if you are satisfied I will not keep you from your tasks young man."

Colin, Adley and Serge:

He sighed. "We just don't have time to bring her back with us now, plus it seems a dangerous situation..."

"I will see if I can find someone else to watch over the girl while your group return to deal with the issues at your Chantry Sodalis."
Crexia promised.

He snorted. "I forgot all about my car...what a week," he said, looking for someone that fit the description of the mysterious Mr Yeger.

You get down to the cafeteria where you find Francesca wearing another new loaner shirt since the last one was full of Nephandi guts sitting by a table sipping coffee and talking with a young man showing her drawings in a notebook. Colin you also see the Cultists that Felicity pointed out. One of them where tall and dark with long dark brown hair in a braid, wearing black leather boots, dark clothes and elegant silver rings on her fingers. Beside her sat a woman who was shorter and plumper with a mass of shoulder length golden hair, wearing floral clothes and the collar you had seen earlier, both of them where drinking coffee but the small plump woman was careful with one of her hands she might have hurt it and she also had a nasty scrape down her right leg.

(OOC: Well Jeremy you get to make a introduction for Serge finally and describe him to two of the other players.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:32 pm

"I am sorry to hear you did not have any friends...but are you so sure those imaginary friends where just that, often both we and the sleepers are doing magick without knowing, in fact the whole Consensus thing is magick done by the sleepers and Awakening is less about becoming able to do magick than realizing that we already are."
The death maga said softly as she gave you an encouraging smile.

"I know some of the things that I did in high school were probably magick instead of dumb luck like I originally thought. I thought I was really good at reading faces but it turns out I was just using magick to see other peoples emotions. Sometimes peoples emotions would shift to match my own. Sometimes the other kids saw my imaginary creations when I zoned out and went into my own world." Serge said with a smile remembering the strange things that happened during high school.

Tane and Serge earlier:

"I am sorry for keeping you...but yeah I am glad for the talk."
Cadence said and smiled slightly again. Hildegard nodded to you.
"Her hands will be taken care of and her wound re dressed we do not want her to suffer needlessly, and advocate have been arranged for her and will arrive shortly."
She informed you.
"Well if you are satisfied I will not keep you from your tasks young man."

Serge nodded politely to Hildegaard and turned to Tane and said, "Thanks for letting me into your room to check on Cadence. You know its strange but I feel like I already know a little bit about you."

Serge then exited the room and proceeded onto his next tasks.

Colin, Adley and Serge:

Sitting next to Francesca was an average height young man with light-brown hair and a young-looking face. He held a large sketchbook which he was using to show pictures to the death maga. He wore an unbuttoned checkered shirt and underneath he wore a blue t-shirt. His jeans were worn out as if they had been worn constantly. Placed securely on his finger was a lotus ring.

He also looked tired, as if he had been walking all over the place.

(((OOC: Hi Everybody! Time for us all too meet. Smile)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:52 pm

"Or the bit of blood Abigail used to nearly destroy the soul of this city, there is a reason why most magi are careful about our body parts and destroy blood from wounds, fallen hair and nail clippings...but with that potion, it is turned to me in every way...there could be no stronger arcane connection to me."
Crexia said with urgency in her voice.
"So please keep the sample safe until it have been used and then destroyed."
Colin nodded, "You have my word."

"Off course, off course it have no urgency of course."
Crexia said and nodded.
"I am sure Master Ir will find you both fascinating though."
He smiled wryly, "Somehow, I think that's going to be quite mutual."

He nodded, "We might have the time to bring her back, but yes, the situation is dangerous."

Crexia took the note and nodded.
"Very well, I am sure I can find someone who will treat the girl kindly."
She said before giving you a nod of her head and preparing to leave.
He smiled, "I am sure you will."

"Can I borrow your stiff upper lip?" he teased, then took an offered shoulder if it meant getting down the stairs faster. "Thank you," he said.
He gave Adley an even look and steadied him a little, "Afraid that's going to be difficult; the surgeon stitched it on pretty firmly."

He shook his head mildly at the letter format and then showed the message to Colin, a vaguely suspicious look on his face. "This should help..."
He arched an eyebrow, "Fair of hair and eye, is it? So, Mr. Karyak's little brother, then."

He sighed, "Closer to a fortnight, relatively. So yes, what a week..."

You get down to the cafeteria where you find Francesca wearing another new loaner shirt since the last one was full of Nephandi guts sitting by a table sipping coffee and talking with a young man showing her drawings in a notebook. Colin you also see the Cultists that Felicity pointed out. One of them where tall and dark with long dark brown hair in a braid, wearing black leather boots, dark clothes and elegant silver rings on her fingers. Beside her sat a woman who was shorter and plumper with a mass of shoulder length golden hair, wearing floral clothes and the collar you had seen earlier, both of them where drinking coffee but the small plump woman was careful with one of her hands she might have hurt it and she also had a nasty scrape down her right leg.
Sitting next to Francesca was an average height young man with light-brown hair and a young-looking face. He held a large sketchbook which he was using to show pictures to the death maga. He wore an unbuttoned checkered shirt and underneath he wore a blue t-shirt. His jeans were worn out as if they had been worn constantly. Placed securely on his finger was a lotus ring.

He also looked tired, as if he had been walking all over the place.
He glanced at Adley, nodding to the youngster with Francesca, "That our man, you think? I... will have to chat with the two ladies over there first... you check with miss Mandis if that's Mr. Yager?"

A scar-faced man, looking rather like if Colin Firth had played the part of Frankenstein's Creature, crossed the room toward a pair of women. His suit looked like it had been through a rough night, and the left sleeve and leg were crudely removed. He gave Francesca a brief nod in passing, and moved on.

He stepped up before the couple, "Excuse me, ladies... My name is Colin Wainwright, a silversmith from Boston, with the group from Steelhaven. Am I correct in presuming you are Mrs. Piti and Mrs. Wellspring, of Chantry Lavender? I, ah, would have waited for someone to properly introduce is, but things have become a little hectic..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:27 pm

He gave Adley an even look and steadied him a little, "Afraid that's going to be difficult; the surgeon stitched it on pretty firmly."
His eyes widened a bit, unsure what remark to make to his dark joke and then he said, "I...er...well, I am thankful for that."
He arched an eyebrow, "Fair of hair and eye, is it? So, Mr. Karyak's little brother, then."
"He writes old fashioned sometimes," Adley said of his pater's writing, with a shrug and put away his phone.
He glanced at Adley, nodding to the youngster with Francesca, "That our man, you think? I... will have to chat with the two ladies over there first... you check with miss Mandis if that's Mr. Yager?"
"Looks like a good candidate for 'the mage child' and ticks all the boxes. I've seen freshman look older,'" he said with a nod to Colin and broke off to head over to Fran and the stranger.

He eyed the latter quite warily with bright blue eyes and a guarded expression. He was taller than his friend with messy dark hair that needed a comb. He'd been leaning on Colin a bit as he made his way down the stairs but now seemed to take effort to hide that as completely as he could, though there seemed no obvious cause of any injury and his face was pinched and wan. He, too, was probably wearing borrowed clothing, as they fit but not quite and there was something bulky the size of an ipad stuck under his coat. "Mrs Mandis," he nodded to her. "I heard that someone was looking for us," he said, glancing at the young man nearby and then back to her for confirmation. "That we need to leave /right now/."

// yay finally they meet!
@Anja, yeah calla lillies look like the Trad cultist symbol

Last edited by s7trif3 on Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:29 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ooc comment)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:27 pm

Serge:

"I know some of the things that I did in high school were probably magick instead of dumb luck like I originally thought. I thought I was really good at reading faces but it turns out I was just using magick to see other peoples emotions.

"I think many experience that. I hear that earlier Hermetics used to find their apprentices like that, they would look for kids that had strange luck or had some sort of odd ability or episodes, often we use magick long before we realize that we can."
Francesca said and nodded sagely.

Sometimes peoples emotions would shift to match my own. Sometimes the other kids saw my imaginary creations when I zoned out and went into my own world." Serge said with a smile remembering the strange things that happened during high school.

"Yeah I know what you mean, often I would see ghosts and spirits as a kid. I saw my grandmother kissing me goodnight for example only she died five years before I was born, I used to go to places of accidents and tragedies, I thought I could feel the spirits there and they always treated me better than living humans did."
The Euthanathos said then she looked up and smiled and waved at two men who where coming into the cafeteria, one was stocky and badly scarred and the other more slender with dark hair and eyes.
"Those two are Mr Roth Hicks and Mr Wainwright..."
The death maga explained.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "You have my word."

Crexia nodded quite solemnly to that.

He smiled wryly, "Somehow, I think that's going to be quite mutual."

"Well Master Ir is an interesting man, quite creepy, but interesting."
The Tytalus said and smiled a little.

He nodded, "We might have the time to bring her back, but yes, the situation is dangerous."

"Bringing a child into a combat situation might to be a good idea either...not for her safety or for yours."
The archmage said and frowned.

A scar-faced man, looking rather like if Colin Firth had played the part of Frankenstein's Creature, crossed the room toward a pair of women. His suit looked like it had been through a rough night, and the left sleeve and leg were crudely removed. He gave Francesca a brief nod in passing, and moved on.

Francesca gave you a friendly wave of her hand as you passed her on your way to speak to the Cultist couple.

He stepped up before the couple, "Excuse me, ladies... My name is Colin Wainwright, a silversmith from Boston, with the group from Steelhaven. Am I correct in presuming you are Mrs. Piti and Mrs. Wellspring, of Chantry Lavender?

Harmony raised her gaze to look at you, her eyes where dark olive green.
"Yes Mr Wainwright that is us."
She replied politely.
"I am Harmony Lisa Piti and this is my wife Heather Wellspring both of the Cult of Ecstasy and Chantry Lavender yes, what can we do for you Sir?"
She asked and raised an eyebrow. Heather gave you a friendly smile but then looked down a bit shyly.

I, ah, would have waited for someone to properly introduce is, but things have become a little hectic..."

"I certainly understand that with all the Nephandi shenanigans going on, please sit and tell us what is on your mind."
Harmony said as she took her wife's good hand in hers and regarded you curious about what you wanted to talk about.

(OOC: Ohh it appears I was wrong the Cult of Ecstasy symbol rings that they wear are not lotuses they are lilies I think it was Strife said they are.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:39 pm

"Looks like a good candidate for 'the mage child' and ticks all the boxes. I've seen freshman look older,'" he said with a nod to Colin and broke off to head over to Fran and the stranger.

Fran gave you a big smile and a wave.
"Hello Mr Roth Hicks."
She said.
"We where looking for you, this is Serge he have just moved in at Steelhaven he is a...ehm..."
She glanced down at Serge's ring.
"A Cultist of Ecstasy."
She said to introduce the younger mage.
"Yeah he was sent here to work out some dire prophesy from that Criamon child we met earlier the one with the drawings, there are trouble back home..."
She said as she stood eager to get back and help.
"We where just waiting for you guys...ehm should I go and get Adjan?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:42 pm

The Euthanathos said then she looked up and smiled and waved at two men who where coming into the cafeteria, one was stocky and badly scarred and the other more slender with dark hair and eyes.
"Those two are Mr Roth Hicks and Mr Wainwright..."
The death maga explained.

"Darn I liked chatting with you. Oh well Let's go explain how Steelhaven is going to be attacked....again." Serge said with a frown picking up the warning picture.

Fran gave you a big smile and a wave.
"Hello Mr Roth Hicks."
She said.
"We where looking for you, this is Serge he have just moved in at Steelhaven he is a...ehm..."
She glanced down at Serge's ring.
"A Cultist of Ecstasy."
She said to introduce the younger mage.
"Yeah he was sent here to work out some dire prophesy from that Criamon child we met earlier the one with the drawings, there are trouble back home..."
"

He, too, was probably wearing borrowed clothing, as they fit but not quite and there was something bulky the size of an ipad stuck under his coat. "Mrs Mandis," he nodded to her. "I heard that someone was looking for us," he said, glancing at the young man nearby and then back to her for confirmation. "That we need to leave /right now/."

"Yes yes yes yes. Yes we really do, like right now." Serge said quickly as he stood up to greet the older man.

"My name is Serge Yager and here is a copy of the picture that foretells an attack that will be happening against Steelhaven." the cultist said holding out his copy of the prophetic drawing.

The prophetic drawing was the same as the original except that it was black and white and drawn hastily. it showed three naked women dancing around a brass key, before them a knight in full armor was sighting an hourglass with it's sand almost gone the knight bloody and wounded. In the woods around the clearing stood three skinny wolves on one side and three plump ones on the other and above a starry sky with two moons shone down on the scene below.

"I don't have much time to explain the drawing again but the hourglass shows that we are running out of time. The wolves represent the fact that the Nephandi are hunting for the items that they need and the theme of three indicates the the third attack against steelhaven which should be happening soon." Serge explained quickly pointing at the various images on the picture.

She said as she stood eager to get back and help.
"We where just waiting for you guys...ehm should I go and get Adjan?

"Yeah we should probably round up everyone quickly and return home. This attack will be quiet and subtle, at least that is what I think it will be like. It could have started already without anybody knowing."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:57 pm

"Darn I liked chatting with you. Oh well Let's go explain how Steelhaven is going to be attacked....again." Serge said with a frown picking up the warning picture.

"The same we should do it again sometime, the talking not the explaining about doom and gloom."
Francesca said and smiled.

"I don't have much time to explain the drawing again but the hourglass shows that we are running out of time. The wolves represent the fact that the Nephandi are hunting for the items that they need and the theme of three indicates the the third attack against steelhaven which should be happening soon." Serge explained quickly pointing at the various images on the picture.

"If we consider the Island creature yesterday one attack then the spirit trying to devour our wards that I heard about would be the second and whatever is going to happen now will be the third."
The Euthanathos said as she glanced at the drawing and frowned deeply.
"I have to say that I am really concerned."

"We should probably round up everyone quickly and return home. This attack will be quiet and subtle, at least that is what I think it will be like. It could have started already without anybody knowing."

"We need someone to help out by teleporting us back...perhaps then we can stop whatever is happening before to much damage is done."
Francesca agreed anxiously.
"Ehm...what room is Adjan in? Well I guess I can just call him."
She said and fished up her phone out of the pockets of her skirts.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:21 pm

"Bringing a child into a combat situation might to be a good idea either...not for her safety or for yours."
The archmage said and frowned.
Colin sighed, "In any case, I must petition the two Cultists' aid before they head home. That part, at least, shouldn't take long."

His eyes widened a bit, unsure what remark to make to his dark joke and then he said, "I...er...well, I am thankful for that."
He chuckled briefly, "Didn't think the quip all the way through, did you?"

"He writes old fashioned sometimes," Adley said of his pater's writing, with a shrug and put away his phone.
He nodded, "At least he uses modern grammar and spelling. I suppose his written eloquence is something of a lost art these days."

He nodded.

Francesca gave you a friendly wave of her hand as you passed her on your way to speak to the Cultist couple.
He smiled and waved back, briefly enough.

Harmony raised her gaze to look at you, her eyes where dark olive green.
"Yes Mr Wainwright that is us."
She replied politely.
"I am Harmony Lisa Piti and this is my wife Heather Wellspring both of the Cult of Ecstasy and Chantry Lavender yes, what can we do for you Sir?"
She asked and raised an eyebrow. Heather gave you a friendly smile but then looked down a bit shyly.
He bowed politely to them both, and extended one of his cards, "Ah, that's a bit... delicate, I suppose, but urgent all the same."

"I certainly understand that with all the Nephandi shenanigans going on, please sit and tell us what is on your mind."
Harmony said as she took her wife's good hand in hers and regarded you curious about what you wanted to talk about.
He nodded and gently sat down opposite them, speaking softly so as to not let the whole cafeteria hear, "I've just adopted an apprentice of my own - or more precisely, the formalities are still in progress, though those are merely formalities. There are, however, complications; as Cultists, I presume you have some understanding of the peculiarities of Chronomancy?"
He sighed, "You see, my newfound apprentice has already saved lives thanks to my future self sending me on little mental loops into the future, where my apprentice has provided me with crucial intelligence on people and locations in the current conflict. She is... scarcely more than a child, and the big problem is... she is Fallen. As such, until she can prove herself trustworthy, my Chantry demands she be kept magically suppressed, and the default solution would be that abhorrent Union serum, which has just been discovered to have guaranteed nasty side effects with extended use, and potentially lethal ones as well. So obviously, that is not going to be acceptable... Handcuffs can be picked, so that will not be sufficient either. However, one of those visions of the future revealed my apprentice to be wearing a suppressant collar, one which bears a startling resemblance to that one," He nodded to Heather's collar.
"I am aware of the personal significance it holds to you both, and were I not so desperate, I would not dare impose on you like this, but... can I persuade you to let me rent that collar for a period of time, until I can have one made for my apprentice? I... suspect that will take a number of months, unfortunately, but I am willing to offer what compensation I am capable of. I may not be a wealthy man, but I am not entirely without marketable skills."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:54 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a little nod to the man's words; after all, credit where it was due. Though she really wanted to put a bullet in his head too. Any other situation, it would be fine - but no, she had to be all polite and come unarmed...

'A chance, sure.' she conceded. 'But it's not as cert as you think. And the message is sent; the boss'll be here in a moment.' already she'd started to see other options; the crypids appeared to be vampires, which meant if they were hungry, may be distracted by blood - ideally, the man's. Why weren't any of the others doing anything; plus, how the hell did he get here in the first place?

As the possible-vampire attempted to make a break for it, Nicole knew what she had to do - the first rule in shit like this was containment. And to keep him away from her; those fangs and things could really hurt. So she made to block their path...

[If possible, Nicole will kick him back. If not, shove back. She wishes to block, not openly attack].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:15 am

I'm doing everything possible to prevent anything from happening. It will be a tough fight, but you're going to be ok. I'm getting ready,
and tomorrow i'll need both of you... around mid day i'll be able to tell you my ideas.
He said, scolding her a little for letting herself down so easily.

Don't really remember the other one, but maybe a visit is due. He said, really sleepy and tired.

"Ohhhhh he's Mr. Shark Sword." Serge said finally realizing. "Do you have the sword on you? Because I would love to draw it some day."
Take a good look. It has a long history. He said, letting him see (and not touch) the sword still bloody.

"Did you put up a fight?"
Harder than most people here. I've cut some other in half with half the effort.

"Sorry if I was a bit forwards. I just spent 15 minutes talking non-stop with a prisoner and most of that conversation involved you and that sword. I guess I got a little excited."
We're young. Passion and energy are our ways
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:32 am

Colin:

Colin sighed, "In any case, I must petition the two Cultists' aid before they head home. That part, at least, shouldn't take long."

"Agreed see if you can talk them into borrowing the collar.
Crexia agreed.
"It would make things easier."

He bowed politely to them both, and extended one of his cards, "Ah, that's a bit... delicate, I suppose, but urgent all the same."

Harmony took the card and looked at it for a moment before she handed it to Heather.
"Delicate Mr Wainwright?"
She asked and raised and eyebrow and Heather put the card into her purse.

He nodded and gently sat down opposite them, speaking softly so as to not let the whole cafeteria hear, "I've just adopted an apprentice of my own - or more precisely, the formalities are still in progress, though those are merely formalities. There are, however, complications; as Cultists, I presume you have some understanding of the peculiarities of Chronomancy?"

"I see congratulations Mr Wainwright...and yes both me and my wife study that magickal art to some extent."
Harmony confirmed and nodded as she leaned back to hear what else you had to say.

He sighed, "You see, my newfound apprentice has already saved lives thanks to my future self sending me on little mental loops into the future, where my apprentice has provided me with crucial intelligence on people and locations in the current conflict. She is... scarcely more than a child, and the big problem is... she is Fallen. As such, until she can prove herself trustworthy, my Chantry demands she be kept magically suppressed, and the default solution would be that abhorrent Union serum, which has just been discovered to have guaranteed nasty side effects with extended use, and potentially lethal ones as well. So obviously, that is not going to be acceptable...

Both the two Cultists seamed to accept your tale that you where getting messages from your future self in stride that your new apprentice were Fallen though made Harmony raise an eyebrow.
"I see well that certainly is a complication, someone saved from the Labyrinth then."
She asked then she nodded when you mentioned the serum.
"Yes I have seen that stuff used and as a nurse, hey we all need some way to put money on the table magick seldom pays very well, I have to say that looking at the consistency of that snot it is not something you would want to inject into anyone much less a child."

Handcuffs can be picked, so that will not be sufficient either. However, one of those visions of the future revealed my apprentice to be wearing a suppressant collar, one which bears a startling resemblance to that one," He nodded to Heather's collar.
"I am aware of the personal significance it holds to you both, and were I not so desperate, I would not dare impose on you like this, but... can I persuade you to let me rent that collar for a period of time, until I can have one made for my apprentice? I... suspect that will take a number of months, unfortunately, but I am willing to offer what compensation I am capable of. I may not be a wealthy man, but I am not entirely without marketable skills."

The two women looked at one another for a moment both looking rather dismayed at what you where saying, finally Harmony spoke again.
"You are aware Mr Wainwright that this collar is not a toy for us? Many seam to think that what I and Heather have is just sexy games and nothing else, however the thing is that while intimate activities are a part of our relationship like they are most marriages they are not what it is about. That collar is pretty similar to a wedding ring, I placed it on Heather when I made her my wife, and you have to understand that the sheer trust she places in me to allow me to have that kind of power over her very magick is an extremely precious thing, worth far more than what money you might offer to rent it."
The Cultist said, clearly speaking as someone who had heard her relationship dismissed far to many times and she squeezed Heather's good hand lovingly for a moment as she spoke.
"Is there no other way you can restrain your new apprentice?"

Nicole:

"Nothing is certain in this life save our slow trek towards nothingness ma'am."
The Nephandus said politely.
"I see good, then I guess we wait until the boss arrive, my demands is simple and I am sure will be seen as reasonable to secure this child's life and...the safety of his soul."
He added with a slight smile.

The other mages seamed to be concerned with the young hostage's safety and where holding of, the tall, black man was getting back on his feet now and where trying for one of the cryptids again, the trap was simple enough, if the hostage where nicked with the Nephandus' blade that would attract the out of control cryptids and chances are they would bleed on their victim, which apparently was a prospect that terriedied these mages and they wanted the vampires dealt with first.
"Shh calm...I will not hurt you."
The tall black man told the cryptid he was slowly approaching, the one on the opposite side of the room that the creature advancing on you. The cryptid did not respond to well to the man's words though and hissed at him and curled more into the corner he was sitting in.

The cryptid advancing on you where surprisingly strong he was probably half your weight and yet as you planted your booth in his midsection to try to kick him back he grabbed it as gravity did it's work, he might be strong but he was also far lighter than you and yet his grip on your leg now that you had him on the ground was like iron for a moment before he tried to claw himself back on his feet to get away he seamed scared out of his mind and eager to escape rather than aggressive and yet you had no doubt that if someone became a threat or blocked his path to much he would attack with everything he got.

(OOC: Nicole's player have asked me to roll for them 1, 2, 2, 5, 7, 8 )

Tane:

I'm doing everything possible to prevent anything from happening. It will be a tough fight, but you're going to be ok. I'm getting ready,
and tomorrow i'll need both of you... around mid day i'll be able to tell you my ideas. He said, scolding her a little for letting herself down so easily.

Cadence looked down and sigh.
"I...will try to fight."
She muttered but it was clear she did not have much in the way of hope. Hildegard raised an eyebrow.
"Is it me you are referring to as one of those you will need at mid day Mr Karyak or is Mr Yager the other person you are talking about?"
The Chorister asked.

Don't really remember the other one, but maybe a visit is due. He said, really sleepy and tired.

"Which other one Mr Karyak?"
Hildegard asked.
"Well you need some sleep, I can take care of Miss Clearwater for a few more hours while you get some rest but then I have other duties to attend to."
She told you sternly.

Take a good look. It has a long history. He said, letting him see (and not touch) the sword still bloody.

Cadence looked at the sword and winced.
"Ehm is that my blood Tane should you not wipe it of or something? I mean ok the sword is wood and teeth so I won't rust but will it not eventually start to smell?"
She asked and raised an eyebrow.

Harder than most people here. I've cut some other in half with half the effort.

"Well perhaps it would have been easier if I where cut in half Tane but I can think of better ways to go...looking at that sword I am just never going swimming where there are sharks again...well I guess I never will be doing that but you get my point."
She muttered as she eyed the sword.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:09 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a grunt as she resumed her previous position; watching the hostiles alertly. On the Fallen's comment, she gave a shrug for several reasons; she'd get a better debate out of a piece of concrete than a cultist, she wasn't really the philosophical type, she didn't have a clue on how to handle this and lastly, she was now dying for a smoke.

While wondering where the hell their backup had gone, Nicole gave a small glance towards the gun-wielding woman, so see what she was up to.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:15 am

Tane and Serge earlier:

Serge wasted no time staring at the blade and making a mental copy of all of its intricacies for later reference.

"Damn this looks like it came straight out of a video game. Does it have a name? I doubt it's just called shark sword." Serge asked.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:00 am

He chuckled briefly, "Didn't think the quip all the way through, did you?"
"I sure didn't, and I apologize..."
Fran gave you a big smile and a wave. "Hello Mr Roth Hicks." She said. "We where looking for you, this is Serge he have just moved in at Steelhaven he is a...ehm..." She glanced down at Serge's ring. "A Cultist of Ecstasy." She said to introduce the younger mage. "Yeah he was sent here to work out some dire prophesy from that Criamon child we met earlier the one with the drawings, there are trouble back home..."
"Yes yes yes yes. Yes we really do, like right now." Serge said quickly as he stood up to greet the older man. "My name is Serge Yager and here is a copy of the picture that foretells an attack that will be happening against Steelhaven." the cultist said holding out his copy of the prophetic drawing. "I don't have much time to explain the drawing again but the hourglass shows that we are running out of time. The wolves represent the fact that the Nephandi are hunting for the items that they need and the theme of three indicates the the third attack against steelhaven which should be happening soon.
He reached out to take the drawing from him, a frown on his face as he glanced at it and the man continued to explain. "Not good and you don't need to convince me there is trouble at home." There was a sensation of something in the air from his shield when he was close in proximity, almost like pushing on a soap bubble. He then he handed the drawing back, the symbols on it at the back of his mind. From the fact he had on those types of protections spoke he was ready to head into battle.
"Yeah we should probably round up everyone quickly and return home. This attack will be quiet and subtle, at least that is what I think it will be like. It could have started already without anybody knowing."
(Fran) said as she stood eager to get back and help. "We where just waiting for you guys...ehm should I go and get Adjan?"
"Quite, time to go. I know where your Traditionmate is, my amicus there just sent him a text but perhaps you can follow up on that one and collect both he and my amicus? Or I can tell you where to go though I don't like speaking of plans much in public. Meanwhile, we need to talk to a teleporter for the gate and get that connection ready. Then we all can meet in the gate room and go," he suggested, clearly not wanting to waste even a moment of time.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed replying to Warp, so I added it in, sorry!)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:46 am

Nicole:

The woman with the gun was still looking for an opening to see if there where any chance that she could shoot the Nephandus and not give him a chance to hurt his young hostage before he went down. Now you where hearing several people on the stairs, help where coming but off course it took a little time. The vampire on the floor was now back up on his feet and trying for the door again which means getting past you.

Adley:

"Quite, time to go. I know where your Traditionmate is, my amicus there just sent him a text but perhaps you can follow up on that one and collect both he and my amicus? Or I can tell you where to go though I don't like speaking of plans much in public.

"Just tell me where Adjan is and I can run and get him."
Francesca said.
"Mr Wainwright is right over where talking with those women that I think are Cultists."
She said and pointed.
"What if you get him and I get Adjan to speed things up?"

Meanwhile, we need to talk to a teleporter for the gate and get that connection ready. Then we all can meet in the gate room and go," he suggested, clearly not wanting to waste even a moment of time.

"Which one of us should talk with a teleporter, we could send Mr Yager here..."
The Euthanathos suggested.
"Or I can drop by the computer room and look for Master Harris on my way to get Adjan..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 am

"I sure didn't, and I apologize..."
Colin smiled, "No apology needed... Hum, yes, I think I might be able to help you with that stiff upper lip; it's a matter of attitude more than anything else. We'll need to get you some proper suits, and wean you of that ghastly coffee in favour of some proper tea, though."

Harmony took the card and looked at it for a moment before she handed it to Heather.
"Delicate Mr Wainwright?"
She asked and raised and eyebrow and Heather put the card into her purse.
He nodded, "Very much so."

Both the two Cultists seamed to accept your tale that you where getting messages from your future self in stride that your new apprentice were Fallen though made Harmony raise an eyebrow.
"I see well that certainly is a complication, someone saved from the Labyrinth then."
She asked then she nodded when you mentioned the serum.
"Yes I have seen that stuff used and as a nurse, hey we all need some way to put money on the table magick seldom pays very well, I have to say that looking at the consistency of that snot it is not something you would want to inject into anyone much less a child."
He smiled wryly, "I've tested the serum on myself, actually - it is indeed not something one would want to inject into anyone outside of the direst circumstances. I've learned that the Primium particles in it will, if you're on the stuff for several days in a row, start building up in the brain, with... all the consequences that will have. It's ghastly. Unfortunately, the CT scan pictures I've seen will not be taken for another five years, unless I manage to shift the timeline, in which they never will need to be taken at all..."

The two women looked at one another for a moment both looking rather dismayed at what you where saying, finally Harmony spoke again.
"You are aware Mr Wainwright that this collar is not a toy for us? Many seam to think that what I and Heather have is just sexy games and nothing else, however the thing is that while intimate activities are a part of our relationship like they are most marriages they are not what it is about. That collar is pretty similar to a wedding ring, I placed it on Heather when I made her my wife, and you have to understand that the sheer trust she places in me to allow me to have that kind of power over her very magick is an extremely precious thing, worth far more than what money you might offer to rent it."
The Cultist said, clearly speaking as someone who had heard her relationship dismissed far to many times and she squeezed Heather's good hand lovingly for a moment as she spoke.
"Is there no other way you can restrain your new apprentice?"
He nodded, "As I said, I am aware of the personal significance. If it were simply a toy, I would be far more hesitant to ask to borrow it for my apprentice - she's a minor, and the associations would be... unpalatable, to say the least. It is a bond of trust, and I respect that; like I said, I'm a silversmith - I've made a number of commissioned wedding bands over the years. Nothing so remarkable as yours, though."
He sighed and started counting off his fingers, "First, the serum will not do, since that's turning out to be a slow death sentence. Additionally, the poor girl has a weak heart due to, er, improper healing of a gunshot wound, and a severe phobia of needles due to her Fallen Mentor's lobotomy hobby. Second, handcuffs can be picked or otherwise escaped from too easily - she accidentally broke her thumb and tore free from one when a well-intentioned nurse attempted to give her a shot not half an hour ago. Third, the restraining ropes the Fallen favour, with the snake-heads on the ends are torturous - unsuitable for anyone, however healthy. Fourth, another Mage locking down her powers can work, but the precise timing and access to a Mage with the proper talents is... practically unfeasible enough that my Security Chief won't accept it. With those options out of the picture, I'm afraid I don't know any other alternatives."
He frowned, "As I said, i am not a wealthy man, but if you were to permit this loan, my services as a silversmith, or those as a pilot, would be at your disposal. And I'm not asking you to say yes or no on the spot - I have to clean out another Labyrinth in Boston before it's safe to bring the girl over... If you would like to see her for yourselves, she's presently resting under guard in one of the rooms on the same floor as the infirmary; somewhere away from needles. If you ask nicely, Mrs. Knox will probably be able to show you."
He pondered for a moment, then fished out his case of monocles and his Chaos wand, and put them on the table along with his signet ring, "As a token of my desperation, though - these are my Foci, without which my magic is, well, hampered."
He opened the case of monocles, "These are necessary for me to see the raw essence of magic, energy patterns, material properties, connections and finally to scry through time. There was one to observe the fickle fingers of Fate as well, but that was given up to appease an Umbrood Lord who wanted my... face. The wand is used to manipulate Fate and Fortune, and I need the ring to manipulate raw magic - Prime, if you will. I am willing to let you pick any one of these as collateral while you decide - let you use them to get a feel for my sincerity, if you will - and trust you not to abuse that link, which is the closest thing I have to something as powerful as the connection your collar represents."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:12 am

He nodded, "Very much so."

"I see..."
The Cultist said as she regarded you curiously.

He smiled wryly, "I've tested the serum on myself, actually - it is indeed not something one would want to inject into anyone outside of the direst circumstances. I've learned that the Primium particles in it will, if you're on the stuff for several days in a row, start building up in the brain, with... all the consequences that will have. It's ghastly. Unfortunately, the CT scan pictures I've seen will not be taken for another five years, unless I manage to shift the timeline, in which they never will need to be taken at all..."

"I see, your apprentice's pictures then I assume Mr Wainwright since you are coming to us desperate for another solution?"
Harmony asked and she did not seam surprised that you had seen something five years into the future or where acting to try to prevent what might happen then.

He nodded, "As I said, I am aware of the personal significance. If it were simply a toy, I would be far more hesitant to ask to borrow it for my apprentice - she's a minor, and the associations would be... unpalatable, to say the least. It is a bond of trust, and I respect that; like I said, I'm a silversmith - I've made a number of commissioned wedding bands over the years. Nothing so remarkable as yours, though."

The two Cultists looked somewhat surprised at your acceptance of their relationship then Harmony spoke.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright most would not be as open minded."
She said before sipping her coffee again.

He sighed and started counting off his fingers, "First, the serum will not do, since that's turning out to be a slow death sentence. Additionally, the poor girl has a weak heart due to, er, improper healing of a gunshot wound, and a severe phobia of needles due to her Fallen Mentor's lobotomy hobby.

"Well if the serum contains Primium that gets stored up in one's brain then no taking that serum over any length of time is not advisable and I have to concur, if the girl is afraid of needles exposing her to negative stimuli surrounding them regularly will only make her more phobic over time."
Harmony nodded.
"I can see why you would want to avoid that Sir..."

Second, handcuffs can be picked or otherwise escaped from too easily - she accidentally broke her thumb and tore free from one when a well-intentioned nurse attempted to give her a shot not half an hour ago.

"Yes cuffs can be gotten out of and also should not be worn for to long at the time if it is possible to avoid it, with men it is easier but most women are flexible enough to get out of such restraints given some unless they are tight enough to restrict at least some blood flow."
The Cultist agreed and nodded seemingly knowing what she was talking about on that front.

Third, the restraining ropes the Fallen favour, with the snake-heads on the ends are torturous - unsuitable for anyone, however healthy.

"I am afraid I am unfamiliar with those Mr Wainwright but I will take your word for it...if they are made by the Fallen they are not likely very plesant no."

Fourth, another Mage locking down her powers can work, but the precise timing and access to a Mage with the proper talents is... practically unfeasible enough that my Security Chief won't accept it. With those options out of the picture, I'm afraid I don't know any other alternatives."

Harmony sigh at then and tapped a finger against the side of her cup.
"And then unless you can find another option it falls back to the serum which would be a deadly and quite cruel way to restrain this child...you are potting me in a difficult potion Mr Wainwright, I do not want to let a child suffer and yet I do not feel good about loaning out an item of such immense personal importance to me and my wife."
She said and frowned.

He frowned, "As I said, i am not a wealthy man, but if you were to permit this loan, my services as a silversmith, or those as a pilot, would be at your disposal. And I'm not asking you to say yes or no on the spot - I have to clean out another Labyrinth in Boston before it's safe to bring the girl over... If you would like to see her for yourselves, she's presently resting under guard in one of the rooms on the same floor as the infirmary; somewhere away from needles. If you ask nicely, Mrs. Knox will probably be able to show you."

"We might go and see her...the situation is not a good one though, I do not like to negotiate with someone in such a desperate position, it go against my personal codes."
Harmony said and sipped her coffee again.
"I can not decide this on the fly...I will need to think it over and discuss this with my wife, for despite what many may think while I lead the two of us, I do value her input."
She said after a while.

He pondered for a moment, then fished out his case of monocles and his Chaos wand, and put them on the table along with his signet ring, "As a token of my desperation, though - these are my Foci, without which my magic is, well, hampered."
He opened the case of monocles, "These are necessary for me to see the raw essence of magic, energy patterns, material properties, connections and finally to scry through time. There was one to observe the fickle fingers of Fate as well, but that was given up to appease an Umbrood Lord who wanted my... face. The wand is used to manipulate Fate and Fortune, and I need the ring to manipulate raw magic - Prime, if you will. I am willing to let you pick any one of these as collateral while you decide - let you use them to get a feel for my sincerity, if you will - and trust you not to abuse that link, which is the closest thing I have to something as powerful as the connection your collar represents."

Harmony regarded your foci silently she grimanced when you spoke about the Umbrood Lord though and muttered more to herself than to you.
"Yes they will do things like that..."
You notice Heather studying your silver framed monocles with some interest, she did not touch them though. Finally Harmony spoke again.
"You have shown your sincerity Mr Wainwright and that is appreciated, however right before a fight for the safety of your Chantry I would not dream of depriving you of your tools...if and let me stress that it is still if I agree to what you are asking, then I will need collateral as the collar are valuable and not just personally but for now the offer is enough."
She said and leaned back in her chair.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:41 am

"I see, your apprentice's pictures then I assume Mr Wainwright since you are coming to us desperate for another solution?"
Harmony asked and she did not seam surprised that you had seen something five years into the future or where acting to try to prevent what might happen then.
Colin nodded, "Precisely... and my apprentice was not the only one put into mortal danger by extended use of the serum at that point, either."

The two Cultists looked somewhat surprised at your acceptance of their relationship then Harmony spoke.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright most would not be as open minded."
She said before sipping her coffee again.
He smiled sadly, "That's their loss, I suppose... Life is too short to be critical of others' private lives; indeed, I believe love in all its expressions should be encouraged. Provided, of course, the participants are willing and able to offer consent."

"Well if the serum contains Primium that gets stored up in one's brain then no taking that serum over any length of time is not advisable and I have to concur, if the girl is afraid of needles exposing her to negative stimuli surrounding them regularly will only make her more phobic over time."
Harmony nodded.
"I can see why you would want to avoid that Sir..."
He frowned, "Also, the strain each injection puts on the muscle is... ridiculously painful. And liable to cause lasting damage if one is not careful; one thing is in a large, full-grown, well-trained muscle, but she is... so young and slender; the risk of damage is so much greater."

"Yes cuffs can be gotten out of and also should not be worn for to long at the time if it is possible to avoid it, with men it is easier but most women are flexible enough to get out of such restraints given some unless they are tight enough to restrict at least some blood flow."
The Cultist agreed and nodded seemingly knowing what she was talking about on that front.
He nodded, "With both cuffs on the same wrist, that should at least make it a little harder to escape, since the leverage is lost, but nevertheless..."

"I am afraid I am unfamiliar with those Mr Wainwright but I will take your word for it...if they are made by the Fallen they are not likely very plesant no."
He shook his head, "Master Adimari insisted on testing them before subjecting prisoners to them - her description of the pain they induced, far above and beyond what a few pinpricks should be able to do - was quite graphic and unpalatable."

Harmony sigh at then and tapped a finger against the side of her cup.
"And then unless you can find another option it falls back to the serum which would be a deadly and quite cruel way to restrain this child...you are potting me in a difficult potion Mr Wainwright, I do not want to let a child suffer and yet I do not feel good about loaning out an item of such immense personal importance to me and my wife."
She said and frowned.
He nodded, "I fully understand... All the same, I have to ask, for the sake of my apprentice. I... failed her in the past; I should very much like to avoid doing so in the future. But there's no obligation on you to help."

"We might go and see her...the situation is not a good one though, I do not like to negotiate with someone in such a desperate position, it go against my personal codes."
Harmony said and sipped her coffee again.
"I can not decide this on the fly...I will need to think it over and discuss this with my wife, for despite what many may think while I lead the two of us, I do value her input."
She said after a while.
He nodded, "I might be back later today, or at the very latest tomorrow, to bring my apprentice home after the fight is settled... And you do have my number; if you would give me a call once you've decided, I would appreciate it."

Harmony regarded your foci silently she grimanced when you spoke about the Umbrood Lord though and muttered more to herself than to you.
"Yes they will do things like that..."
You notice Heather studying your silver framed monocles with some interest, she did not touch them though. Finally Harmony spoke again.
"You have shown your sincerity Mr Wainwright and that is appreciated, however right before a fight for the safety of your Chantry I would not dream of depriving you of your tools...if and let me stress that it is still if I agree to what you are asking, then I will need collateral as the collar are valuable and not just personally but for now the offer is enough."
She said and leaned back in her chair.
He smiled, "The Umbrood Lord was reunited with her child - so that ended remarkably well in any case. The two of us have an accord."
He nodded, "Thank you. If you will excuse me, then, I must return to the fray. And if there's anything I can do for you, do let me know."
He smoothly collected his items, bowed to the women, and made his way back to Adley, Francesca and Serge.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:57 pm

Adley wrote:There was a sensation of something in the air from his shield when he was close in proximity, almost like pushing on a soap bubble. He then he handed the drawing back, the symbols on it at the back of his mind. From the fact he had on those types of protections spoke he was ready to head into battle.

"Woah dude do you have, like, a shield around you?" Serge said pushing at the air around Adley. "Actually, forget I said that. Now is not the time to ask stuff like that."

"Which one of us should talk with a teleporter, we could send Mr Yager here..."
The Euthanathos suggested.
"Or I can drop by the computer room and look for Master Harris on my way to get Adjan..."

"I have no problem going although I still don't know anybody here and nobody knows me. It may be faster just to send one of you guys. The people her already know and trust you." Serge said.

Colin wrote:He smoothly collected his items, bowed to the women, and made his way back to Adley, Francesca and Serge.

Serge looked back at Colin as he approached and smiled.

"Hey! My name is Serge Yager." Serge said introducing himself despite the dire situations. He had already experienced the trouble with not introducing yourself.

"In case you didn't know, Steelhaven will be attacked and this is the picture that foretells it. Serge said quickly holding out his copy of the prophetic picture.

"I don't have the time to go over it in detail. We should probably get the last member of your party and talk to a teleporter quickly so we can hurry back home while we still have a home."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 30 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next