Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

+2
Tane Karyak
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 29 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:34 am

The Nephandus raised an eyebrow at that.
"He should not have been out there capturing Nephandi? Not that I disagree with that stance but it is a little surprising."
He muttered.
Colin shook his head, "No, it's just that the man is undisciplined and overlooks things he shouldn't."

"This is not something I want to talk about...I...do not want to talk about it!"
Siege hissed and he took on a more threatening stance.
He nodded, "And I won't press further on the issue."

"Yeah I can't blame you for that the plan is utter madness and have made us a pariah among other Labyrinths who think it is heresy, but if it works...if it work it will be glorious."
The man said and gave a bright smile.
He shrugged, "If it works, I still say it's utter madness. We'll have to stop the whole dirty affair, obviously."

"That is good...I am glad they are not captured they...are such sweet kids and I can understand turning against Lady Larson I guess we all have thought...well anyway not important...they are free for now at least."
Siege muttered.
He nodded, "Tian did let us secure his daughter and her mother - the child's a wonderful, perfect Awakened little darling. Lucky thing, too - I had a... confrontation with two of Abigail's minions on the way there."

The Nephandus eyes widened at what knowledge you had then he sigh.
"Larson keep having her best spirit mage being the creature to keep it in the Penumbra and Dalisse keeps undoing those bindings. If Larson could she would have killed the Handler long ago but doing so would mean she lost control over the ship, even punishing the Handler upsets the creature and she is getting so frail I am not sure she can take allot of punishing anyway...some of us mutate you know..."
He muttered and it was clear this was concerning him allot.
He nodded sagely, "Yes, between Paradox and Jhor, you're not exactly leading a healthy lifestyle... I've seen some, er, anatomically improbable orifices and sensory organs on some of you."

Engrave started writing, first it was of a boy child with religious parents who could not quite settle down in Church, he believed in god but not the way that organized religion presented it. The story spoke of siblings, friends and a girlfriend who moved away, about a child who loved to sing, a kind boy who wanted to please is parents, protect his younger siblings and who heard the voice of the creator in music...It seamed the writing this story would take some time though as the letters appeared on the wall.
He glanced at the wall, "By the way, have you ever heard a song titled 'Killing me Softly'? I believe the Fugees covered it in the nineties..."

"Hum...Larson will not be pleased to hear that...so these widderslainte are full members of this Chantry then?"
He asked and frowned as he saw that his demand would be harder to get fulfilled now.
"Ok...ok I will settle for Larson's daughter then but we must have her back we must."
He smiled wryly, "I don't know... we did grant her sanctuary here because she didn't want to be sacrificed. You know the Third Protocol, right? The one about keeping our word?"

"I do not know who captured her but it would not surprise me he seams like a really active little asshole, she is a member of my Labyrinth though and while my mission do not require it...I do not want to leave her in Traditionalist hands."
Siege muttered, his wounded hand where shaking now holding a knife, even though Serge's illusions was getting to be a problem and he was running out of time and was getting more desperate.
He shrugged, "He actually seems determined to save her - can't really fault him for that - and I wish him the best of luck with that. I don't think it will help her chances if she is released, though."

"Diego is a foul mounted imbecile he tried to rape my apprentice I have no intention of saving him he can rot for all I care!"
Siege grumbled.
He nodded, "He tried the same with Prelate Gabriel's apprentice. That's what got him beaten and kicked out of Chicago, in fact... Gabriel's dead now, though, by my own hand, and his apprentice is safe."

"My Mentor would not be pleased Sir but do not let him have that bargaining chip the ehm massassa have calmed down if I bleed I only risk death, and we have good healers please take him out."
Andrew muttered he was crying now but trying to be brave. The Nephandus looked down at the kid and frowned.
He nodded, "We'll want to avoid injury at all - and he can't well afford to kill you."

"The Indonesian guy stabbed his bloody sword right through it...some blond hippie dude healed me but the hand do still hurt."
He muttered but he did not say which had it was, the one he was holding the knife with was pink with freshly healed skin though.
He grimaced, "Ouch, that sword is a pretty nasty thing, too; I'd hate to find out how brutishly strong the guy must be to use that thing for stabbing..."

"She have several plans that are quite aggressive but yes she ordered me to get captured on purpose and make it look good, it was a gamble the restraining cuffs would block off my abilities as well as they do not interact with my Avatar but anything that did I would be immune to so there was a chance I would be free to...act when the time was right."
He frowned, "So, you were to be caught on purpose, and then... let others through the wards while you created a distraction, or were you supposed to open the wards after you got what you came for?"

"I did not feel like telling you everything I can do, but no I can not transmute matter I am quite good at working with spirits though, which should have been obvious since I was harvesting Avatar shards."
He said and gave you a friendly smile.
He frowned, "Of course, since you have a phylactery, you would be a lot safer from the usual risk of getting the pieces lodged in your own Avatar. Someone should have thought of that... that Lisa at least sends people she expects to at least have a decent chance of success to do such make-work."

"You should learn to do the same kid, shield your mind."
Siege said and nodded.
"It is not to hard and spend a little time on it you will be protected."
He nodded to Serge, bringing the memories of the experience of being Gilgulled to the forefront of his mind, "He's right, you know, if you can make a decent mind shield, you should. If not, well, you'll have to rely on other tricks instead, like me."

((OOC: Manipulation roll to lure Siege into moving his focus, either to the writing on the wall, or to snoop on Colin's foremost thoughts, which should be a quite harrowing experience for the poor guy. Razz Roll comes to: 4,8,9. Hm. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20 - Page 29 Empty Re: Wrapping up in Chicago, New Trouble at Home and Angry Magi IC Thread 20

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:08 pm

Colin shook his head, "No, it's just that the man is undisciplined and overlooks things he shouldn't."

"Well I did try to make sure my Phylactery was not found, and he did stop my magick for a while when he destroyed one of my hands so don't be to hard on the kid, then again if you really want to give him a sound spanking I am not going to get in your way."
The Nephandus said and grinned.

He nodded, "And I won't press further on the issue."

Siege glared at you with pain in his eyes but he said nothing more about it. Apparently few Nephandi enjoyed talking about their time in the Caul.

He shrugged, "If it works, I still say it's utter madness. We'll have to stop the whole dirty affair, obviously."

"I guess that is why we are enemies."
He grumbled.

He nodded, "Tian did let us secure his daughter and her mother - the child's a wonderful, perfect Awakened little darling. Lucky thing, too - I had a... confrontation with two of Abigail's minions on the way there."

"Tian have a kid? I never knew...hum I bet Abigail would have loved to get her hands on her...so you run into some more of us when getting this kid and her mother? So that means more of our number dead? It seams you are quite a menace Sir..."
Siege muttered sourly.

He nodded sagely, "Yes, between Paradox and Jhor, you're not exactly leading a healthy lifestyle... I've seen some, er, anatomically improbable orifices and sensory organs on some of you."

"Most of us get tentacles, extra eyes and mouths that sort of thing or start to rot from Jhor the Handler though is different her mutations are quite...beautiful in a way but they do make her fragile, I know some of the Labyrinth members have been exploiting that...and Lady Larson is not exactly protecting her, then again accidents tend to happen to those who hurt her and they get gobbled up by the ship."
He said and shrugged.

He glanced at the wall, "By the way, have you ever heard a song titled 'Killing me Softly'? I believe the Fugees covered it in the nineties..."

Engrave did not seam to understand your question. Siege nodded.
"I have heard it, what do that have to do with anything?"

He smiled wryly, "I don't know... we did grant her sanctuary here because she didn't want to be sacrificed. You know the Third Protocol, right? The one about keeping our word?"

"I do know it yes...well you really have to choose, the one you have given sanctuary to and this boy then..."
He muttered in a threatening tone of voice.

He shrugged, "He actually seems determined to save her - can't really fault him for that - and I wish him the best of luck with that. I don't think it will help her chances if she is released, though."

"At least she will not be Gilgulled by the bloody Traditions if she is released...there is no saving a Fallen you should know that Traditionalist!"

He nodded, "He tried the same with Prelate Gabriel's apprentice. That's what got him beaten and kicked out of Chicago, in fact... Gabriel's dead now, though, by my own hand, and his apprentice is safe."

"Yeah I don't have the influence to do that. However I managed to protect my student and have sent him to a Labyrinth over in Maine so he will be away from all of this chaos...so Gabriel is dead he is Abigail's torturer right and his apprentice captured? Poor kid then..."
He muttered and sigh.

He nodded, "We'll want to avoid injury at all - and he can't well afford to kill you."

Andrew nodded but he still looked rather terrified.

He grimaced, "Ouch, that sword is a pretty nasty thing, too; I'd hate to find out how brutishly strong the guy must be to use that thing for stabbing..."

"He is pretty nasty in a fight, seamed to be hard to shoot as well...and yeah his is strong...bloody strong."
Siege muttered and his hand shook a little at the memory. Andrew glanced down at the shaking knife nervously.

He frowned, "So, you were to be caught on purpose, and then... let others through the wards while you created a distraction, or were you supposed to open the wards after you got what you came for?"

The Nephandus just scowls at you and do not reply.

He frowned, "Of course, since you have a phylactery, you would be a lot safer from the usual risk of getting the pieces lodged in your own Avatar. Someone should have thought of that... that Lisa at least sends people she expects to at least have a decent chance of success to do such make-work."

Siege nodded at that.
"I had a guy with me who where at more risk but yes there is a reason why I was sent on such a mission yes, and also that I would have a better chance of escape if I was captured."

He nodded to Serge, bringing the memories of the experience of being Gilgulled to the forefront of his mind, "He's right, you know, if you can make a decent mind shield, you should. If not, well, you'll have to rely on other tricks instead, like me."

Siege moved his hands slightly on the handle of his knife he only needed a few simple gestures to cast a spell then he looked at Colin before he gasped, lost the knife on the ground so it clattered to the floor and let go of Andrew as he backed away horror on his face.
"Fuck...fuck...fuck!"
He muttered in utter terror then he turned and his hands started moving quickly.

(OOC and then folks it is time to roll initiative....)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:53 pm

"Well I did try to make sure my Phylactery was not found, and he did stop my magick for a while when he destroyed one of my hands so don't be to hard on the kid, then again if you really want to give him a sound spanking I am not going to get in your way."
The Nephandus said and grinned.
Colin frowned, "No, I think I will have to ask a wereshark to sit on him. Spanking is counterproductive, but that... might help."

"I guess that is why we are enemies."
He grumbled.
He shrugged, "More like an expression of why we are enemies. Really, if you weren't so adamant to unmake the world, when we're trying to make it better, we wouldn't have reason to fight. Hell, the Jade Demon believes the world will come to an end anyway, and is content to wait it out, and that's not a problem for us, but your group? Not so reasonable."

"Tian have a kid? I never knew...hum I bet Abigail would have loved to get her hands on her...so you run into some more of us when getting this kid and her mother? So that means more of our number dead? It seams you are quite a menace Sir..."
Siege muttered sourly.
He shook his head, "No, both those survived, actually... But I will admit to having dealt some nasty blows to your faction this past week, from euthanizing Ojan to, well, now."

"Most of us get tentacles, extra eyes and mouths that sort of thing or start to rot from Jhor the Handler though is different her mutations are quite...beautiful in a way but they do make her fragile, I know some of the Labyrinth members have been exploiting that...and Lady Larson is not exactly protecting her, then again accidents tend to happen to those who hurt her and they get gobbled up by the ship."
He said and shrugged.
He nodded, "So basically, Larson looks the other way as her Labyrinth members sign their own death sentences. Such stellar leadership skills..."

Engrave did not seam to understand your question. Siege nodded.
"I have heard it, what do that have to do with anything?"
He smiled, "Mene, mene, tekel upharsin..."

"I do know it yes...well you really have to choose, the one you have given sanctuary to and this boy then..."
He muttered in a threatening tone of voice.
He nodded, "So it seems. And so we stand here in a stalemate."

"At least she will not be Gilgulled by the bloody Traditions if she is released...there is no saving a Fallen you should know that Traditionalist!"
He shook his head, "That's where you are wrong. Anything that is done can be reversed; Avatar inversion is no exception. It takes effort and time... but it can be done."

"Yeah I don't have the influence to do that. However I managed to protect my student and have sent him to a Labyrinth over in Maine so he will be away from all of this chaos...so Gabriel is dead he is Abigail's torturer right and his apprentice captured? Poor kid then..."
He muttered and sigh.
He nodded, "Your apprentice may be safe for the duration of this conflict, yes. As for Gabriel's girl, she can never be Gilgulled, I think. Pattern damage to her heart; the stress would be... unhealthy for anyone making the attempt. I will raise her well as my own... I gave a promise - in hindsight, perhaps a slightly reckless promise, but all the same..."

Siege nodded at that.
"I had a guy with me who where at more risk but yes there is a reason why I was sent on such a mission yes, and also that I would have a better chance of escape if I was captured."
He nodded, "Well, I can't fault that reasoning in any way. I must commend your resourcefulness."

Siege moved his hands slightly on the handle of his knife he only needed a few simple gestures to cast a spell then he looked at Colin before he gasped, lost the knife on the ground so it clattered to the floor and let go of Andrew as he backed away horror on his face.
"Fuck...fuck...fuck!"
He muttered in utter terror then he turned and his hands started moving quickly.
He grinned and aimed at Siege's shoulder, "Andrew, get clear!"

((OOC: Initiative... Gah, that was 1s10+Dex+Wits... I rolled a 3, so that's 9.))

((OOC2: My schnuckums and I will be headed out in a while to go see Kingsmen 2. We'll be back somewhat later tonight.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:40 pm

Colin frowned, "No, I think I will have to ask a wereshark to sit on him. Spanking is counterproductive, but that... might help."

"Well ehm...I certainly would not want a whereshark to sit on me...however tell me do you know of any of those? Is it a overweight woman with dull eyes and a big nose?"
Siege asked suddenly looking rather interested.

He shrugged, "More like an expression of why we are enemies. Really, if you weren't so adamant to unmake the world, when we're trying to make it better, we wouldn't have reason to fight. Hell, the Jade Demon believes the world will come to an end anyway, and is content to wait it out, and that's not a problem for us, but your group? Not so reasonable."

"I bet the Traditions would take down the Jade Demon as well if they could, I do agree though this world will eventually decay and die on it's own, however that will take to long and also if left to it's own devices a new world of would be born in it's place when it dies and we would not want that now would we."
The Nephandus said and frowned.

He shook his head, "No, both those survived, actually... But I will admit to having dealt some nasty blows to your faction this past week, from euthanizing Ojan to, well, now."

"Oh fuck you are so dead when Larson finds out you did that holy shit I don't want to be in your shoes!"
Siege said and his eyes went wide.
"Ehm sorry for the language but yeah...ehm...you are dead...."

He nodded, "So basically, Larson looks the other way as her Labyrinth members sign their own death sentences. Such stellar leadership skills..."

"I have never claimed that Lisa Larson is a good leader now have I, but yes a Labyrinth are often not a loving, nurturing place go figure..."
He muttered wryly.

He smiled, "Mene, mene, tekel upharsin..."

The Nephandus just raised an eyebrow. Engrave was busy writing about how Siege had met his teacher now, about his training at a war Chantry, and later how he had met and falled in love with a woman who called herself Jodi Blake and was a member of the Nephandi.

He nodded, "So it seems. And so we stand here in a stalemate."

"Yes i assume we are...but eventually something are going to have to give."

He shook his head, "That's where you are wrong. Anything that is done can be reversed; Avatar inversion is no exception. It takes effort and time... but it can be done."

Siege just snorted at that he clearly did not believe you.

He nodded, "Your apprentice may be safe for the duration of this conflict, yes. As for Gabriel's girl, she can never be Gilgulled, I think. Pattern damage to her heart; the stress would be... unhealthy for anyone making the attempt. I will raise her well as my own... I gave a promise - in hindsight, perhaps a slightly reckless promise, but all the same..."

"Yes my student will be kept safe...as for you...you are actually taking over the training of a little Fallen girl...now your own Faction can not be to pleased about that."
The Nephandus muttered.

He nodded, "Well, I can't fault that reasoning in any way. I must commend your resourcefulness."

Siege just gave you a polite nod at that.

(OOC: I will hold off on anything combat related until everyone have gotten a chance to roll initiative.)
(OOC 2: Enjoy your movie.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:22 pm

"You should learn to do the same kid, shield your mind."
Siege said and nodded.
"It is not to hard and spend a little time on it you will be protected."

"It's not a hard thing to do. Just hate the feeling of my mind hardening. And I didn't exactly have all day to prepare for a fight." Serge said as he watched the standoff between Colin and Siege carefully.

"Fuck...fuck...fuck!"

As Siege finally released his hostage, Serge moved further behind Adley's shield and held his drawing close to him, ready to make any slight alterations. Mind Shield or not, this was the only way he could defend himself and Serge at least had to try.

(((OOC: Initiative I think is 1d10+Dex+Wits. I rolled a 2 so my initiative is 7)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:34 pm

"It's not a hard thing to do. Just hate the feeling of my mind hardening." Serge said as he watched the standoff between Colin and Siege carefully.

"I do not really feel my mind hardening when I protect my mind, it is not so much different than any other kind of ward really."
Siege said and shrugged.
"Perhaps you need a new way to set up your wards..."

(OOC: Yeah that is 7. I will reply to everyone's reaction to Siege releasing Andrew once everyone have had a chance to roll initiative, sorry for the delay I just want to make sure I am fair.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:55 pm

You looked over Siege he had two powerful wards up one against spirits and spiritual attacks and one against mental ones, probably a good idea when dealing with massassa. You do see something though, a little fleck of light that shone with all the wrong colors, in his gut. You get a nagging suspicion that prior to letting himself get captured he had swallowed his phylactery and it was now in his guts, not perhaps the most dignified thing to do with one's Avatar but it was undoubtedly effective.

Adley squinted at the Nephandi. "He's got spirit wards up and some other magickal ward. He ate his phylactery, it's in his guts, in transit as it were. I hope it gives him indigestion but it will come out eventually..." He gave Nicole and the vampires a bit of side-glance, keeping an eye on it.

Engrave started writing, first it was of a boy child with religious parents who could not quite settle down in Church, he believed in god but not the way that organized religion presented it. The story spoke of siblings, friends and a girlfriend who moved away, about a child who loved to sing, a kind boy who wanted to please is parents, protect his younger siblings and who heard the voice of the creator in music...It seamed the writing this story would take some time though as the letters appeared on the wall.

He saw the writing, and scanned some of it...but then flicked his attention back to the situation.

"My Mentor would not be pleased Sir but do not let him have that bargaining chip the ehm massassa have calmed down if I bleed I only risk death, and we have good healers please take him out."
Andrew muttered he was crying now but trying to be brave.

Having been in Andrew's shoes not too long ago, he knew that the kid meant it. And he knew what his pater would do and what he was trained to do, as well. He shifted so he could draw his weapon and keep Serge protected.

//lmao no one likes Diego. Adley doesn't have any ars mens, so he probably wouldn't know it was a mental ward - though Serge found that out the hard way.

// ooc 2: initiative: 1d10+Dex3+Wits3=7 Any of those hand sigils Siege is using recognizable to Adley?

//ooc3: enjoy kingsman2!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:12 pm

Adley squinted at the Nephandi. "He's got spirit wards up and some other magickal ward. He ate his phylactery, it's in his guts, in transit as it were. I hope it gives him indigestion but it will come out eventually..." He gave Nicole and the vampires a bit of side-glance, keeping an eye on it.

"Let me see if I got it right, this guy ate...his Phylactery Avatar...well I guess that is how he got it past a search but seriously...that is not a very dignified way to treat one's Avatar."
Francesca said and frowned.
"Do you think we can get it out in any way?"

He saw the writing, and scanned some of it...but then flicked his attention back to the situation.

The writing talked about Siege getting so deeply involved with Blake that he could not get out again and he joined the Nephandi, which first was a shock for him, but soon he came to accept their ways and he became a loyal servant of Lisa Larson.

Having been in Andrew's shoes not too long ago, he knew that the kid meant it. And he knew what his pater would do and what he was trained to do, as well. He shifted so he could draw his weapon and keep Serge protected.

You see the situation quickly changes, Siege looked at Colin, then he turned pale, dropped his knife in shock and gave Andrew a push so the young mage stumbled forward then the Nephandus started some sort of spell, you have no idea what the gestures where, as he started gesturing he also begun singing in Latin in a beautiful clear voice, you think he might be combining Catholic chants with Hindu Mudras.

(OOC: No one likes Diego, poor Diego. No Adley have no idea really the gestures are not Hermetic they might look like Mudras, hand Yoga positions.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:27 pm

"Let me see if I got it right, this guy ate...his Phylactery Avatar...well I guess that is how he got it past a search but seriously...that is not a very dignified way to treat one's Avatar." Francesca said and frowned. "Do you think we can get it out in any way?"

"Make him vomit or empty his bowels. I can't say what the thing is made of to make other suggestions, though it had to be small enough to eat, other than cutting it out of him."

// ok, let me know when to go in relation to the others and Siege, thanks!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:43 pm

Nicole ignored the woman's comment about the vampire; now was not the time to discuss such things. Continued to carefully watch the Fallen - waiting for an opening... then with the clattering of the blade, saw it wide open.

In her mind, there were two priorities; the first to get the now-former hostage out of the way, the second to stop the Fallen to stop him doing any hocus-pocus. But it was all about distance and reaction time; if she could get to the hostage first, she'll attempt to either pull him out of direct danger or get him to the floor and shield him, if the second was more applicable, to throw herself physically into the Fallen's lower half - to either distract him by the imminent threat, or to attempt to knock him to the floor with her own weight...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:26 pm

"Make him vomit or empty his bowels. I can't say what the thing is made of to make other suggestions, though it had to be small enough to eat, other than cutting it out of him."

"Hum...I might be able to get him to be sick, but it will take me a few moments to cast the spell."
Francesca said.
"If you think it might help?"

In her mind, there were two priorities; the first to get the now-former hostage out of the way, the second to stop the Fallen to stop him doing any hocus-pocus. But it was all about distance and reaction time; if she could get to the hostage first, she'll attempt to either pull him out of direct danger or get him to the floor and shield him,

"Andrew was between you and the Nephandus so grabbing him was probably the quickest. The young mage gave a shout of surprise as you grabbed his arm and pulled him to safety, putting yourself between him and the Nephandus. The teenager was shaking with adrenaline but he gave you a grateful look.
"Thanks Miss..."

He grinned and aimed at Siege's shoulder, "Andrew, get clear!"

The Nephandus kept desperately singing and moving his hands in complicated gestures, his voice was beautiful and it sounded so out of place with Diego laughing from one of the cells and all the cacophony that had been earlier. You took aim of his shoulder Siege kept singing more concerned with that than seeking cover. You see the large woman you did not know yet rush into the hallway and drag Andrew to safety.

As Siege finally released his hostage, Serge moved further behind Adley's shield and held his drawing close to him, ready to make any slight alterations. Mind Shield or not, this was the only way he could defend himself and Serge at least had to try.

You move to the relative safety behind Adley's shield, well the Nephandus looked terrified now, whatever or not that did anything for his mental shield or not was hard to say, it might be weaker now or the shield might be continuing to do it's thing regardless of the owner.

Francesca glanced at Nicole.
"Can you use a firearm?"
She shouted and halfway run forward to hard you her Desert Eagle before she sat down and begun rattling a bone that had been filled with something and then painted. The man with the dog let the animal of it's leach and shouted.
"Get him boy."
The dog rushed towards the Nephandus who managed to kick the large, black animal away without loosing his concentration. Helga took aim and fired at Siege and even at that pretty short range she managed to somehow miss, that seamed to much of a miss to just be accident. Engrave continued to write on the wall, telling Siege's story. Ty neared Karl again trying to get the vampire to stand up so he could get him out of harm's way, but again Karl just curled up more.

(OOC: Ok so the result of the initiative rolls are Siege, Nicole, Helga, Colin, Serge and Adley go at the same time, Francesca, Darrian and Ty go at the same time and Darrian's dog go last. I have not rolled for the vampires they are not fit to fight, for Adjan and Kristina who are busy tending to Henrietta or any of the mages who came down the stairs as they are not in the room they can get to act in a round or two.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:06 pm

Anja's Post:

A curt nod to the kid for the thanks, as Nicole continues to get him out of the way; not too gently, but a bruise or two would be nothing compared to say getting blown to bits.

Anja's Post:

Another nod, taking the firearm, looking to make sure it was both loaded and the safety was off. Held it in the gloved hand in the perfect manner to make full use of the iron sight, turning to face the Fallen as she killed her breathing to increase accuracy. Pointed it at the shoulder-socket of the enemy's dominant hand* [aka the one which had been holding the blade] and fired. [Or readied to fire if there isn't enough time this round]

[*unless she can only get a clean shot at the other]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:09 pm

"Well ehm...I certainly would not want a whereshark to sit on me...however tell me do you know of any of those? Is it a overweight woman with dull eyes and a big nose?"
Siege asked suddenly looking rather interested.
Colin tilted his head, "So you know a local wereshark, do you?"

"I bet the Traditions would take down the Jade Demon as well if they could, I do agree though this world will eventually decay and die on it's own, however that will take to long and also if left to it's own devices a new world of would be born in it's place when it dies and we would not want that now would we."
The Nephandus said and frowned.
He frowned, "Actually, owing to a separate set of circumstances, that's not even impossible in the immediate future. Unlikely, to be certain, but not impossible. The field of honour is a strange thing. And yes, Thermodynamics state that the entropy of a closed system can only increase... I'm just not convinced the world is indeed a closed system. And while a new world rising from the ashes of the old one does have a certain appeal, I'd rather keep trying to make improvements on the one we have. I live here, after all."

"Oh fuck you are so dead when Larson finds out you did that holy shit I don't want to be in your shoes!"
Siege said and his eyes went wide.
"Ehm sorry for the language but yeah...ehm...you are dead...."
He shrugged, "Considering I faced Abigail with comparably bad news... I'll take my chances. Besides, Ojan had already gone septic after digging three Primium rounds out of his own torso and failing to heal the injuries. All I did was save him maybe an hour's suffering at the most, probably less. If Abigail should blame someone for Ojan's death, it ought to be the Union. Fallen or not, I couldn't let someone bleed out like that."

The Nephandus just raised an eyebrow. Engrave was busy writing about how Siege had met his teacher now, about his training at a war Chantry, and later how he had met and falled in love with a woman who called herself Jodi Blake and was a member of the Nephandi.
He sighed, "Not a Bible scholar, then... It's from... hum, I forget where that story is, but it's the one with the writing on the wall... The phrase was translated roughly as 'Your days are numbered, you've been weighed and found wanting, and your kingdom will be divided'. You might not have a kingdom... but the writing is still on the wall."

"Yes my student will be kept safe...as for you...you are actually taking over the training of a little Fallen girl...now your own Faction can not be to pleased about that."
The Nephandus muttered.
He shrugged, "There will be some... rough work ahead, but people will come around. I have a good lawyer."

Francesca glanced at Nicole.
"Can you use a firearm?"
She shouted and halfway run forward to hard you her Desert Eagle before she sat down and begun rattling a bone that had been filled with something and then painted. The man with the dog let the animal of it's leach and shouted.
"Get him boy."
The dog rushed towards the Nephandus who managed to kick the large, black animal away without loosing his concentration. Helga took aim and fired at Siege and even at that pretty short range she managed to somehow miss, that seamed to much of a miss to just be accident. Engrave continued to write on the wall, telling Siege's story. Ty neared Karl again trying to get the vampire to stand up so he could get him out of harm's way, but again Karl just curled up more.
Everything happened almost at once - the brawny woman who looked like she was ready to pose for a more punk-ish replica of the iconic Rosie the Riveter poster dragged Andrew out of harm's way, Helga missed at point blank range, and Mundi got kicked aside... Colin lowered the gun a little and raised his ring at Siege, aiming for his gut with Adley and Francesca's recent revelation of the Phylactery's location fresh in mind, "Venti Silencio Mundanus!"

((OOC: So, a quick Wind of Mundane Silence instead of a gunshot, since the guy seems to be warded against that. Might not affect his wards much, but should give him a bit of magical indigestion for trying to cast new spells. Razz Throwing in a Quintessence and a Willpower for extra success; Arete roll: 2,5,8. The 5 should be an easy Success here, but I think the 2 is not, so three successes total, I think? ))

((OOC2: Kingsmen 2 was fun. Very good sequel. Worth the money. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:46 pm

The Nephandus kept desperately singing and moving his hands in complicated gestures, his voice was beautiful and it sounded so out of place with Diego laughing from one of the cells and all the cacophony that had been earlier.

Serge had known about Siege's awakening, but it had never actually occurred to him that he used music and songs as his foci. It was disturbing, hearing beautiful music in such a hostile environment.

You move to the relative safety behind Adley's shield, well the Nephandus looked terrified now, whatever or not that did anything for his mental shield or not was hard to say, it might be weaker now or the shield might be continuing to do it's thing regardless of the owner.

Serge had a feeling that Siege's shield hadn't gone away even in his panicked state. Still he had nothing better to do and with more than 7 people fighting Siege, what he did likely wasn't going to matter. In fact, Serge had a feeling that Siege might try and escape with the odds so stacked against him.

Serge knew that he couldn't hurt Siege, at least not effectively, so he decided to distract him from whatever he was attempting to do. He quickly looked back at the drawing of Siege that he had made and made one slight alteration. He quickly added shadowy figures surrounding the drawn Nephandus and changed his facial features to make him look more scared. Finishing the picture, Serge looked straight at the singing Nephandus and concentrated, imagining Siege's fears coming to life and devouring him. He let that imagination flow into his picture and then into Siege's mind.

(((OOC: Serge is going to try and use a Mind 3/Entropy 1 Effect to amplify Siege's panicked emotions and to find and force him to think about his fears (his Caul, getting Gilgulled, the price of failure, and any others that Serge's magick can find...) within his mind in an attempt to distract him from the fight and his spellcasting.

Arete Roll (with -3 difficulty thanks to nearby node and drawing): 4, 6, 10

Serge is going to try and overpower the Mind ward so I'm not sure how many successes that is.)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:34 am

"I am not the girl's Mentor Mr Karyak, Mrs Danielson is her Mentor. I do know the girl since we are of the same Tradition though."
And you're well respected, and any testimony comming from her mentor would be disregarded. At least you can give me some kind of direction since i trust you and you've more experience than me in occidental legal thingies. He said, in lack of better terms.

The young man you captured when you, your custos and Miss Day went to the parking lot
Riiight. Hmn... it would be good to question him too, to see if there were other organizations of nephandi going around. he said. He had thought the boy was refering to other guys captured that day, but it had been a long day, and he was prettyconfused by this hour. Hell of a fight that one. My brother got a terrible silver wound, all rotten and all.

That sounds like those trees that the Verbena keep
It's not a mistery that we share many costumes and ways. They remember what should never have been forgotten in the first place.We find brethren where we can.

"Does it have any other cool abilities?
As i said, it's a gift nor to hurt, although it can. It is a tool to help and protect, to give you a way to stand between those who hurt others and those in need of help
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:15 am

Colin tilted his head, "So you know a local wereshark, do you?"

"I know Abigail is looking for one with the description I mentioned, have you seen her?"
Siege asked.

He frowned, "Actually, owing to a separate set of circumstances, that's not even impossible in the immediate future. Unlikely, to be certain, but not impossible. The field of honour is a strange thing.

The Nephandus gave you a confused look at that.

And yes, Thermodynamics state that the entropy of a closed system can only increase... I'm just not convinced the world is indeed a closed system. And while a new world rising from the ashes of the old one does have a certain appeal, I'd rather keep trying to make improvements on the one we have. I live here, after all."

"And we will keep trying to destroy it, I mean this world is a cesspool os shit it have to be purged."
The Nephandus muttered with a religious fervor to his words.

He shrugged, "Considering I faced Abigail with comparably bad news... I'll take my chances. Besides, Ojan had already gone septic after digging three Primium rounds out of his own torso and failing to heal the injuries. All I did was save him maybe an hour's suffering at the most, probably less. If Abigail should blame someone for Ojan's death, it ought to be the Union. Fallen or not, I couldn't let someone bleed out like that."

"Three Primium rounds? Damn that is bad, well I guess the Lady will not be to pleased at the Technocracy either then again are any of us to fond of them? I guess it will be up to her then but I suspect she will have no love for your either."
He muttered.

He sighed, "Not a Bible scholar, then... It's from... hum, I forget where that story is, but it's the one with the writing on the wall... The phrase was translated roughly as 'Your days are numbered, you've been weighed and found wanting, and your kingdom will be divided'. You might not have a kingdom... but the writing is still on the wall."

"Ah yes I remember something about that but no I am not a scholar, I was raised Catholic and find allot of value in that religion, but I like to spread my religious pursuits around as it where, however yes now that you mention it I do see the joke with your little friend writing on the wall there...it is cute..."
The Nephandus grumbled.

He shrugged, "There will be some... rough work ahead, but people will come around. I have a good lawyer."

He just nodded at that.
"This is Abigail's little counterpseller we are talking about is it not?"

Everything happened almost at once - the brawny woman who looked like she was ready to pose for a more punk-ish replica of the iconic Rosie the Riveter poster dragged Andrew out of harm's way, Helga missed at point blank range, and Mundi got kicked aside... Colin lowered the gun a little and raised his ring at Siege, aiming for his gut with Adley and Francesca's recent revelation of the Phylactery's location fresh in mind, "Venti Silencio Mundanus!"

You cast your spell, it was quick work and not powerful but there was a slight breeze that floated towards the Nephandus, it did not seam to do much though, perhaps his Phylactery had some sort of protection or your spell where to weak to do much damage, you got a glare from the Nephandus however with his own spellcasting and kicking Mundi he was rather busy.
A curt nod to the kid for the thanks, as Nicole continues to get him out of the way; not too gently, but a bruise or two would be nothing compared to say getting blown to bits.

Andrew did not resist he was pretty dazed and you got him over to the rest of the group and the kid quickly run the rest of the way himself where the reinforcements that where coming down the stairs could take care of him, he appeared to be unharmed though.

Another nod, taking the firearm, looking to make sure it was both loaded and the safety was off. Held it in the gloved hand in the perfect manner to make full use of the iron sight, turning to face the Fallen as she killed her breathing to increase accuracy. Pointed it at the shoulder-socket of the enemy's dominant hand* [aka the one which had been holding the blade] and fired. [Or readied to fire if there isn't enough time this round]

The weapon was loaded, you had to flick of the the safety though, Fransesca was not going to hand around a weapon with the safety off. You take aim at the Nephandus shoulder and breathes slowly as you focused your understanding of reality, the bullet did hit Siege in the shoulder and there was a flash of blood as he was thrown to the floor, screaming.

(Your Arete roll are 2,4,7 I am not going to post all the back and forth with the aiming and damage rolls as there is allot of them but Siege is wounded.)

Serge knew that he couldn't hurt Siege, at least not effectively, so he decided to distract him from whatever he was attempting to do. He quickly looked back at the drawing of Siege that he had made and made one slight alteration. He quickly added shadowy figures surrounding the drawn Nephandus and changed his facial features to make him look more scared. Finishing the picture, Serge looked straight at the singing Nephandus and concentrated, imagining Siege's fears coming to life and devouring him. He let that imagination flow into his picture and then into Siege's mind.

Siege was on the ground now, screaming from a pretty bad bullet wound to the shoulder so the singing had stopped but now the screaming increased and the Nephandus crawled across the floor, nearly getting over to Ty and Karl, clearly terrified and he was shouting something that was not as beautiful as his earlier signing, it was a foul sound that was like if language itself was being ripped apart, you did seam to have scarred him badly though so it did seam like your spell worked.

The hostage a kid that might be two years younger than you or around there had been helped by Nicole over to you and now he dumped down on the floor exhausted, he gave you bit of a look, he was terrified but alright it seamed and he pulled a notebook out of his pocket and started writing.
"Hi..."
He muttered seemingly glad to see someone his own age evening in the absurdity of the fight.

Karl where getting rather upset again with Siege flailing around near him and the vampire was growling and getting up. Ty tried his best to calm him but it was not easy.
"Hey...no one is going to hurt you, settle down...shh..."
He tried but Karl was still growling.

Serge and Tane earlier:

And you're well respected, and any testimony comming from her mentor would be disregarded. At least you can give me some kind of direction since i trust you and you've more experience than me in occidental legal thingies. He said, in lack of better terms.

"I can give you advice on the legal affairs of the Traditions Mr Karyak and how they work but for testimony I can only speak what I see that the girl is Fallen, I do not share your belief that she can be saved, she do deserve a fair trial and will get it but I can not take responsibility for her as some second Mentor that I am not willing to do, give advice yes but not that..."
Hildegard said sternly. Cadence just sigh and looked down.
"I have a Mentor ma'am I do not need another but thank you for what you are doing."
She said softly.

Riiight. Hmn... it would be good to question him too, to see if there were other organizations of nephandi going around. he said. He had thought the boy was refering to other guys captured that day, but it had been a long day, and he was prettyconfused by this hour. Hell of a fight that one. My brother got a terrible silver wound, all rotten and all.

"Ah yes questioning the Nephandus might be a good idea..."
Hildegard agreed.
"As for your friend I do hope Mr Coawa is quite alright, how do silver affect his kind?"

It's not a mistery that we share many costumes and ways. They remember what should never have been forgotten in the first place.We find brethren where we can.

Cadence nodded at that.
"Well it is nothing I am used to working with, but perhaps the Verbena will let you do rituals with them and stuff if you already have a similar Paradigm..."
She commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:44 am

"I know Abigail is looking for one with the description I mentioned, have you seen her?"
Siege asked.
Colin shook his head slowly, "I've seen a wereshark... but unless they can change their sex at will, it doesn't sound like the same."

The Nephandus gave you a confused look at that.
He shrugged, "There might be a duel at some point in the near future. Under the proposed terms, it's plausible the venerable Gilledian could lose. That... would likely not end well for him."

"And we will keep trying to destroy it, I mean this world is a cesspool os shit it have to be purged."
The Nephandus muttered with a religious fervor to his words.
He shook his head, "I'll agree the world is a bit shitty in places, but it's not yet a total write-off. Love goes a long way to mend that; unfortunately, the Union's rather putting the brakes on any attempt at actually making the world a better place. I don't suppose your Faction is guilty of any infiltration that might have nudged the Union a bit toward Entropy?"

"Three Primium rounds? Damn that is bad, well I guess the Lady will not be to pleased at the Technocracy either then again are any of us to fond of them? I guess it will be up to her then but I suspect she will have no love for your either."
He muttered.
He shrugged, "I don't suppose any of us are fond of the Union... but honestly, I hardly expect any gratitude from Larson. Besides, you lot owe us a clean Node; Ojan rather sullied one of ours, that was what tipped us off to the fact that you were up to something in the first place. That ball got rolling pretty damn fast, too."

"Ah yes I remember something about that but no I am not a scholar, I was raised Catholic and find allot of value in that religion, but I like to spread my religious pursuits around as it where, however yes now that you mention it I do see the joke with your little friend writing on the wall there...it is cute..."
The Nephandus grumbled.
He glanced at the narrative unfolding, "Hm, I suppose it might be held as evidence that the usual punishment for unwittingly having anything to do with the Fallen simply needs to go. The Law, as it stands, is a bit too unforgiving..."

He just nodded at that.
"This is Abigail's little counterpseller we are talking about is it not?"
He nodded simply, "So it is. Remarkably clever girl, too, and nowhere near as... unpleasant-minded as most Fallen I've spoken with this week."

((OOC: Waiting with the next combat post until everyone's acted - still waiting for Adley, I believe?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:01 am

Colin shook his head slowly, "I've seen a wereshark... but unless they can change their sex at will, it doesn't sound like the same."

"I have no idea what they can or can't do, the description was passed to us that is all I know, apparently Abigail wants the woman to control one of her spirit servants."
He said and shrugged.

He shrugged, "There might be a duel at some point in the near future. Under the proposed terms, it's plausible the venerable Gilledian could lose. That... would likely not end well for him."

"Well the Jade Demon are an enemy so I do not know who to cheer for in such a duel...but I agree if he loose to a Traditionalist it would probably not end well for him at all, but damned that have to be one powerful Traditionalist the Jade Demon are ancient..."
Siege commented and whistled.

He shook his head, "I'll agree the world is a bit shitty in places, but it's not yet a total write-off. Love goes a long way to mend that; unfortunately, the Union's rather putting the brakes on any attempt at actually making the world a better place. I don't suppose your Faction is guilty of any infiltration that might have nudged the Union a bit toward Entropy?"

"I suspect we have our fingers in all the mages...ehm all the pies I mean, the former would just be wrong...I do not know for sure what we might be doing with the Union though."
The Nephandus said and shrugged.
"So love will fix it all? You will forgive me Sir if I call bullshit on that one."
He grumbled.

He shrugged, "I don't suppose any of us are fond of the Union... but honestly, I hardly expect any gratitude from Larson. Besides, you lot owe us a clean Node; Ojan rather sullied one of ours, that was what tipped us off to the fact that you were up to something in the first place. That ball got rolling pretty damn fast, too."

"I guess that makes it our Node then it is not our fault you lot can't safely use corrupted Quintessence we rather like it."
The Nephandus said and smiled.
"No there will be no gratitude from Larson, she is not really the grateful type, she was fond of Master Ojan though, very fond."

He glanced at the narrative unfolding, "Hm, I suppose it might be held as evidence that the usual punishment for unwittingly having anything to do with the Fallen simply needs to go. The Law, as it stands, is a bit too unforgiving..."

The Nephandus shrugged.
"Well the laws do drive more than one Traditionalist to our arms no need to change the laws on our account."
He said and glanced at the writing on the wall and frowned. Engrave was writing about life in the Labyrinth and about recruiting a young teenager, Awakening him and taking the boy as his apprentice.

He nodded simply, "So it is. Remarkably clever girl, too, and nowhere near as... unpleasant-minded as most Fallen I've spoken with this week."

"Yes when I met her she was surprisingly sweet natured considered who her Mentor is."
The Nephandus said and smiled a little.

(OOC: Yes Adley is left to post on the combat so let us wait for Strife to post.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:35 am

"I have no idea what they can or can't do, the description was passed to us that is all I know, apparently Abigail wants the woman to control one of her spirit servants."
He said and shrugged.
Colin nodded, "Well, I guess Abigail will just have to be disappointed in that regard."

"Well the Jade Demon are an enemy so I do not know who to cheer for in such a duel...but I agree if he loose to a Traditionalist it would probably not end well for him at all, but damned that have to be one powerful Traditionalist the Jade Demon are ancient..."
Siege commented and whistled.
He shrugged, "The circumstances of a formal duel... Who can say what the outcome will be?"

"I suspect we have our fingers in all the mages...ehm all the pies I mean, the former would just be wrong...I do not know for sure what we might be doing with the Union though."
The Nephandus said and shrugged.
"So love will fix it all? You will forgive me Sir if I call bullshit on that one."
He grumbled.
He grinned and shook his head, "You'd be right to call bullshit on that one. No, love will not fix it all. Hard work and creativity has a chance to fix it all - but if there's no love in it, eh... then one might question whether there's anything worth fixing after all. But even the Eaters of the Weak feel love, so there's hope there, even for you."

"I guess that makes it our Node then it is not our fault you lot can't safely use corrupted Quintessence we rather like it."
The Nephandus said and smiled.
"No there will be no gratitude from Larson, she is not really the grateful type, she was fond of Master Ojan though, very fond."
He grinned, "Oh, using corrupted Quintessence safely is not a problem, it just means we have to be a little more picky with what we use it for. Lugging some forty-plus drams of corrupted Quintessence around to brute-force my way through an Aegis, though - it was a little on the unpleasant side, but it tore through those wards like a chainsaw through a very sick tree."
He fished out one of Dalett's buttons, "I'll admit, I'm not too fond of the flavor of these things - but I can still use them safely. And soon, the whole of the Traditions will know the trick, too. So no, I don't think you'll be allowed to use our Node for yourselves."

The Nephandus shrugged.
"Well the laws do drive more than one Traditionalist to our arms no need to change the laws on our account."
He said and glanced at the writing on the wall and frowned. Engrave was writing about life in the Labyrinth and about recruiting a young teenager, Awakening him and taking the boy as his apprentice.
He nodded, "Obviously, such a legal change would by necessity take how people are driven into your arms into account. It's a lot harder to bring a Fallen Avatar back to the light than it is to stop our people from running off to your side in the first place."

"Yes when I met her she was surprisingly sweet natured considered who her Mentor is."
The Nephandus said and smiled a little.
He nodded, "I... failed her mother, once. Can't really allow myself to fail her, too."

((Well, plenty of pre-combat dialogue to mop up. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:51 am

"Hum...I might be able to get him to be sick, but it will take me a few moments to cast the spell."
Francesca said. "If you think it might help?"
"Worth a shot...there aren't many ways to get the thing out of him, just now," he said with a frown.
(Serge) move to the relative safety behind Adley's shield, well the Nephandus looked terrified now, whatever or not that did anything for his mental shield or not was hard to say, it might be weaker now or the shield might be continuing to do it's thing regardless of the owner.
Finishing the picture, Serge looked straight at the singing Nephandus and concentrated, imagining Siege's fears coming to life and devouring him. He let that imagination flow into his picture and then into Siege's mind.
Siege was on the ground now, screaming from a pretty bad bullet wound to the shoulder so the singing had stopped but now the screaming increased and the Nephandus crawled across the floor, nearly getting over to Ty and Karl, clearly terrified and he was shouting something that was not as beautiful as his earlier signing...
Adley saw the first shot at the Nephandus go wide, even at point blank. Then another from the woman he didn't recognize hit him and there was a flurry of spells flung at the would-be hostage taker. Adley attempted to put a press on him to stop him and keep him down, hands describing the sigils for 'regio' and 'auram' as he spoke an incantation.

// Thanks for the movie recommend, Warp. Sorry for lag, all.

ooc2: Arete roll on the Forces 2 rote: 4, 6, 4, nothin! If we do another round of initiative, Adley's is 8

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:02 am

Conversation before the fight:

Colin nodded, "Well, I guess Abigail will just have to be disappointed in that regard."

"Well you did say that Abigail is in a coma so how disappointed can she be?"
Siege said and shrugged.
"I never really wanted to tangle with a wershark anyway, they do sound rather bitey."
He muttered.
"And I am still trying to wrap my head around the idea that such a creature exist in the first place, then again I live in a owned Umbral monster resembling a giant polyp so who am I to judge what exist and not..."

He shrugged, "The circumstances of a formal duel... Who can say what the outcome will be?"

"I guess if the Jade Demon where to agree not to use the full force of his power the outcome would be rather unknown...hum..."

He grinned and shook his head, "You'd be right to call bullshit on that one. No, love will not fix it all. Hard work and creativity has a chance to fix it all - but if there's no love in it, eh... then one might question whether there's anything worth fixing after all. But even the Eaters of the Weak feel love, so there's hope there, even for you."

"Yeah...well I am so glad you think there is hope for me."
He said sarcastically.
"But no it is because we love this world we have to kill it, like a mother who murders her own children before a famine so they will not suffer."
He protested.
"Nothing can change how broken this world is."

He grinned, "Oh, using corrupted Quintessence safely is not a problem, it just means we have to be a little more picky with what we use it for. Lugging some forty-plus drams of corrupted Quintessence around to brute-force my way through an Aegis, though - it was a little on the unpleasant side, but it tore through those wards like a chainsaw through a very sick tree."

"How do you avoid attracting Jhor, even we gets issues with that eventually."
Siege asked and he looked like he was rather doubting your claim.

He fished out one of Dalett's buttons, "I'll admit, I'm not too fond of the flavor of these things - but I can still use them safely. And soon, the whole of the Traditions will know the trick, too. So no, I don't think you'll be allowed to use our Node for yourselves."

The Nephandus looked at the buttons with desire in his eyes.
"It surprise me a Traditionalist would carry around something like that..."
He commented.
"You have gotten me curious though what that trick you are talking about is though."

He nodded, "Obviously, such a legal change would by necessity take how people are driven into your arms into account. It's a lot harder to bring a Fallen Avatar back to the light than it is to stop our people from running off to your side in the first place."

"I doubt you can get your Traditions to go along with such a change but if you do well, what would actually be a problem for us, then again who is to say we do not have agents among your Faction in high places that make sure such laws that drive mages towards the Nephandi stay in place."
Siege commented.

He nodded, "I... failed her mother, once. Can't really allow myself to fail her, too."

"You failed her mother? I don't understand..."
He said and raised a eyebrow.

The fight:

"Worth a shot...there aren't many ways to get the thing out of him, just now," he said with a frown.

"I will do my best."
Francesca promised and she gave you a smile before she handed her gun to the woman that you did not know and then sat down rattling her bones, literary and she seamed to enter into some sort of trance as she worked.

Adley saw the first shot at the Nephandus go wide, even at point blank. Then another from the woman he didn't recognize hit him and there was a flurry of spells flung at the would-be hostage taker. Adley attempted to put a press on him to stop him and keep him down, hands describing the sigils for 'regio' and 'auram' as he spoke an incantation.

You tried to work magick but you where to hurt and tired and pain affected your concentration, you did the gestures and the words but just did not manage to get into it, the ritual actions became just going through the motions, a most frustrating exercise and the Nephandus just continued to scream on the floor as he tried to regain enough control of himself to act. Suddenly he started looking rather green though and he was beginning to empty his stomach on the floor, he looked about as miserable as you had felt that time you had eaten bad sushi from the University's cafeteria as he had no choice but to empty his insides out. Francesca continued to work with her bones and then you heard a small, metallic clink as something small and metal hit the floor along with whatever else had been in the now quite miserable Nephandus' stomach.

(OOC: If there is still a fight going on after next round I will do another initiative roll for the reinforcements that have come down the stairs. But things are not looking to good for the Nephandus right now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:34 am

"Well you did say that Abigail is in a coma so how disappointed can she be?"
Siege said and shrugged.
"I never really wanted to tangle with a wershark anyway, they do sound rather bitey."
He muttered.
"And I am still trying to wrap my head around the idea that such a creature exist in the first place, then again I live in a owned Umbral monster resembling a giant polyp so who am I to judge what exist and not..."
Colin nodded, "True enough, and the spirit is out of her control anyway."

"Yeah...well I am so glad you think there is hope for me."
He said sarcastically.
"But no it is because we love this world we have to kill it, like a mother who murders her own children before a famine so they will not suffer."
He protested.
"Nothing can change how broken this world is."
He shook his head, "A little discomfort is part of the human condition. It is when we find ways to let people live; to defeat illness, counter starvation, end suffering, that's where we prove ourselves better than we were. Where we start improving on the world, not just for ourselves, but for everyone."

"How do you avoid attracting Jhor, even we gets issues with that eventually."
Siege asked and he looked like he was rather doubting your claim.
He smiled, "With surprising ease. Though, of course, I wouldn't want the stuff lying around in the long term - for brief transport to deliver a payload, sure, but not for keeping in my bedside drawer."

The Nephandus looked at the buttons with desire in his eyes.
"It surprise me a Traditionalist would carry around something like that..."
He commented.
"You have gotten me curious though what that trick you are talking about is though."
He smiled thinly, pocketing the button again, "I would have shown you, but, well, I wouldn't want to scare our friends here. It gets flashy. Besides, Madame Vega gave me these for practical use, not for showing off."

"I doubt you can get your Traditions to go along with such a change but if you do well, what would actually be a problem for us, then again who is to say we do not have agents among your Faction in high places that make sure such laws that drive mages towards the Nephandi stay in place."
Siege commented.
He shrugged, then smiled smugly, "True enough. We'll have to do something about those agents soon, I suppose. But, one problem at a time; once Larson is down, we can deal with your infiltrators somewhat more at our leisure. We just need to set the bait properly first."

"You failed her mother? I don't understand..."
He said and raised a eyebrow.
He frowned, "Gabriel tortured her mother to death when the girl was about five. I was unable to rescue them at that time. Not much more complicated than that... Well, a little more complicated, but that's the gist of it."

You tried to work magick but you where to hurt and tired and pain affected your concentration, you did the gestures and the words but just did not manage to get into it, the ritual actions became just going through the motions, a most frustrating exercise and the Nephandus just continued to scream on the floor as he tried to regain enough control of himself to act. Suddenly he started looking rather green though and he was beginning to empty his stomach on the floor, he looked about as miserable as you had felt that time you had eaten bad sushi from the University's cafeteria as he had no choice but to empty his insides out. Francesca continued to work with her bones and then you heard a small, metallic clink as something small and metal hit the floor along with whatever else had been in the now quite miserable Nephandus' stomach.
Colin's eyes widened, and he stepped up quickly to kick the metal object aside, getting it clear of Siege before the Nephandus could recover, and following it to pick it up when out of reach.

((OOC: Dex+Athletics, I would surmise? 3,4,5,7,9,0. Also, that's going to leave a stain on the shoes. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:47 am

Colin nodded, "True enough, and the spirit is out of her control anyway."

"I see I guess the whole thing is moot now then."
Siege said and nodded.

He shook his head, "A little discomfort is part of the human condition. It is when we find ways to let people live; to defeat illness, counter starvation, end suffering, that's where we prove ourselves better than we were. Where we start improving on the world, not just for ourselves, but for everyone."

"There are discomfort and there are discomfort..."
The Nephandus scoffed.
"I doubt this debate will take us anywhere though Traditionalist."

He smiled, "With surprising ease. Though, of course, I wouldn't want the stuff lying around in the long term - for brief transport to deliver a payload, sure, but not for keeping in my bedside drawer."

Siege gave you a bit of a look, he did not know if he should believe you yet and he raised an eyebrow.
"I see."
He muttered doubtfully.

He smiled thinly, pocketing the button again, "I would have shown you, but, well, I wouldn't want to scare our friends here. It gets flashy. Besides, Madame Vega gave me these for practical use, not for showing off."

"Flashy?"
The Nephandus asked and he raised and eyebrow.
"Ah Dalett Vega a most interesting lady, I guess things have not gone well for her but why would she give you any of her Tass?"
He asked rather doubtfully again.

He shrugged, then smiled smugly, "True enough. We'll have to do something about those agents soon, I suppose. But, one problem at a time; once Larson is down, we can deal with your infiltrators somewhat more at our leisure. We just need to set the bait properly first."

"You will have to find them first and that might not be so easy a task Traditionalist."
Siege said confidently.
"I doubt they will take your bait so easily."

He frowned, "Gabriel tortured her mother to death when the girl was about five. I was unable to rescue them at that time. Not much more complicated than that... Well, a little more complicated, but that's the gist of it."

"So you knew the girl and her mother back then? Hum...well yes Gabriel is not the kindest man ever...well or where, you said you had killed him."
The Nephandus muttered and shrugged.
"Well good luck with your apprentice, training one can be a joy."

Colin's eyes widened, and he stepped up quickly to kick the metal object aside, getting it clear of Siege before the Nephandus could recover, and following it to pick it up when out of reach.

Siege grabbed for the small metal object but you where quicker, yes you soiled your shoes as he bent over and dry heaved looking rather sick, miserable and desperate. You pick up the small item that had clattered across the floor, it was a gold finger ring, plain but for a rough, poor quality diamond, the kind that would be used for drill tips, the stone was rough, fingernail size and the exact same color of brownish gray as Siege's own eyes.
"No...give...me...back...don't...please..."
The Nephandus moaned weakly and he reached out a hand towards you as he lay in a pool of his own vomit and blood.

(OOC: Sorry for the short reply, I am writing at an odd angle as Maude decided it was lap time despite my wish to write a post. Razz Let us wait and let the others reply before moving forward.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:34 pm

"There are discomfort and there are discomfort..."
The Nephandus scoffed.
"I doubt this debate will take us anywhere though Traditionalist."
Colin smiled, "Perhaps not... then again, if I could make you start to remember what you once stood for, before Jodi Blake had her hooks too deep in you, there might be a chance you could try to come back, before the end..."

"Flashy?"
The Nephandus asked and he raised and eyebrow.
"Ah Dalett Vega a most interesting lady, I guess things have not gone well for her but why would she give you any of her Tass?"
He asked rather doubtfully again.
He smiled wryly, "Because I treated her decently during the capture... I let her preserve dignity, and did what I could to reduce her discomfort as much as possible... and I made sure to save her daughter's beloved cat, even as her daughter was allowed a quick and painless death instead of... well, Primium bullets do nasty damage to a face. More so when the hit is initially not fatal. Had I been harsh and ruthless, instead of sincerely apologizing for the discomfort I exposed her to, I doubt she would have volunteered as much."

"You will have to find them first and that might not be so easy a task Traditionalist."
Siege said confidently.
"I doubt they will take your bait so easily."
He smiled, "Oh, I don't know... perhaps it's less about finding them, and more about ensuring the proof is irrefutable."

"So you knew the girl and her mother back then? Hum...well yes Gabriel is not the kindest man ever...well or where, you said you had killed him."
The Nephandus muttered and shrugged.
"Well good luck with your apprentice, training one can be a joy."
He grinned sheepishly, "The poor child begged me for help, thinking I was Hephaestus. I can hardly blame her; I suppose I rather look the part. And yes, I have good hopes for the girl."

Siege grabbed for the small metal object but you where quicker, yes you soiled your shoes as he bent over and dry heaved looking rather sick, miserable and desperate. You pick up the small item that had clattered across the floor, it was a gold finger ring, plain but for a rough, poor quality diamond, the kind that would be used for drill tips, the stone was rough, fingernail size and the exact same color of brownish gray as Siege's own eyes.
The Nephandus moaned weakly and he reached out a hand towards you as he lay in a pool of his own vomit and blood.
He carefully wiped the ring off on his remaining sleeve, holding it up for a closer look, "So this is a phylactery... I am going to guess that the stone looked a lot better in the beginning, though... I'm afraid I can't let you have this back; you're far too clever to be trusted with it, I'm sure you understand. I will hold on to it for now, though."
He looked carefully at the facets, thinking to Mia, 'This is rather spectacular... I don't suppose you could help figure out how to put it back together right?'
He glanced at Adley, "I trust this is it?"
He looked back at Kristina, "Ma'am, can you patch him up so we can drag him back to confinement?"

((OOC: Oops, I just reviewed and spotted the "let us wait" bit. My bad for jumping at the bit. Razz ))

Last edited by Warpmind on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mea culpa.)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:13 pm

Siege was on the ground now, screaming from a pretty bad bullet wound to the shoulder so the singing had stopped but now the screaming increased and the Nephandus crawled across the floor, nearly getting over to Ty and Karl, clearly terrified and he was shouting something that was not as beautiful as his earlier signing, it was a foul sound that was like if language itself was being ripped apart, you did seam to have scarred him badly though so it did seam like your spell worked.
....most frustrating exercise and the Nephandus just continued to scream on the floor as he tried to regain enough control of himself to act.

"Wait did that work?" Serge muttered to himself as he saw the effects of his spell as the Nephandus's screaming increase and he saw his terrified look.  "I thought he had a mental ward up."

The hostage a kid that might be two years younger than you or around there had been helped by Nicole over to you and now he dumped down on the floor exhausted, he gave you bit of a look, he was terrified but alright it seamed and he pulled a notebook out of his pocket and started writing.
"Hi..."
He muttered seemingly glad to see someone his own age evening in the absurdity of the fight.

"Hey man. Pretty fucked up day right. Also stand behind this guy." Serge said with a smile, pointing to Adley. " You feeling OK?"

"I mean...it was 7 against 1 dude." Serge said to the downed Nephandus. "God it's really hard to resist the urge to play the Final fantasy Victory Music insides everyone's head. Remember...that spell I told you about in our little talk."

Looking back at Colin and Adley, Serge said "So is the fight over or should we make sure that their aren't more freaks within the building. After all wasn't he a distraction for a bigger plot?"

Tane and Serge earlier:

As i said, it's a gift nor to hurt, although it can. It is a tool to help and protect, to give you a way to stand between those who hurt others and those in need of help

"Wish I had an ancient ancestral weapon like that to protect people. All I've got is this pencil." Serge said holding up his pencil. "Doesn't even have any symbolic meaning to it, I brought it at an art store when I came here in Boston."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30  Next