Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 16 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:00 pm

"From what I have heard yes they have sleeper servants."
The Hollower confirmed.
"Oh the more experienced magi are going as well, everyone but a skeleton crew to defend the Chantry, newly Awakened apprentices and the wounded are going, we are all going to have to do our part."
Henrietta said calmly.

"Everyone? Really? Serge said a little confused. "Damn that's a lot of people. Even the wounded? Do you know the specific number of people or just that a lot of people are going?" Serge asked.

The Hollower shook her head.
"No Mr Yager you do not want to see that, blood, pain and death is quite different in reality than what you see on a TV screen."
She said sadly.
"But we have to fight to protect everyone in this city and beyond who can not protect themselves that is why we do it even if it is horrible."

"That's very noble of you." Serge said with a nod.

"I want to try to protect people in any way that I can but I hope at the very least I can brighten other people's days." Serge said glancing back that the two young girls.

Jeffry looked at you for a moment then he said.
"If you where a prisoner at a Technocracy Construct and someone came down to your cell to speak to you, they where nice to you and kind and brought you food I bet your conversation would be civil enough but would that stop you from trying to escape even harming the Technocrats who got in your way if given half a chance?"
The old Hermetic asked.

"I guess I would try to escape the first chance I got. I guess I never really looked at the situation through their eyes but your right. I spend so much time in my own fantasy worlds I tend to avoid seeing the reality of things. It's a problem I've had since I was young." Serge admitted.

"Few things are black and white Mr Yager, and the first duty of a prisoner is to escape. The man you spoke to might be nice for a Nephandus but that do not mean you should trust him and the same go for Miss Clearwater she is a prisoner facing the worst of punishments she will say and do anything to escape and she is Fallen she will want the world destroyed."

"Your right sir. I'll remember that for the future." Serge said with a respectful nod although he wasn't sure he fully accepted that.

"I will be as gentle with Miss Clearwater as I can Mr Yager but remember this is an important situation I might have to ask her questions she will find uncomfortable, I have no desire to cause the young woman more distress than need be though."
Jeffry said firmly.

"Thank you sir. I understand the gravity of the situation may call for some...extreme actions. Do what you have to do." Serge said with a nod.

"We can and I plan to do just that when Deaconess O'Conner will let me at her new pets."
The old Hermetic said and frowned again.

"She really likes those cats doesn't she." Serge said glancing at the cats held by the Deaconess.

Martha looked at the drawing.
"That is pretty close, her nose is a little thinner and she use some gel or something in her hair, the good stuff that make it a bit spiky but still looking classy you know."
She commented and pointed.
"But yeah that is pretty much exactly her."

Serge made the modifications suggested by Martha. "She's one freaky looking women. Giant Scar and weird thing in her lips. She shall be dubbed 'Asian Scar Lady'." Serge said with a chuckle.

"All right that's one down. Anyone else you wanna describe?" Serge said turning to a fresh page.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 16 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:45 pm

"Everyone? Really? Serge said a little confused. "Damn that's a lot of people. Even the wounded? Do you know the specific number of people or just that a lot of people are going?" Serge asked.

"No everyone but the new apprentices and the wounded are going, basically everyone who can. There are no specific number but we need to stop this Labyrinth from reaching their goals at all cost and that means everyone chipping in."
The Hollower said firmly.

"That's very noble of you." Serge said with a nod.

Henrietta smiled a little at that.
"I am only trying to do what is right Mr Yager."

"I want to try to protect people in any way that I can but I hope at the very least I can brighten other people's days." Serge said glancing back that the two young girls.

Liv and Jane was back to coloring in their coloring books on the floor, talking between themselves. Henrietta smiled.
"That sounds like a rather noble goal to me."
She said approvingly.

"I guess I would try to escape the first chance I got. I guess I never really looked at the situation through their eyes but your right. I spend so much time in my own fantasy worlds I tend to avoid seeing the reality of things. It's a problem I've had since I was young." Serge admitted.

"You can keep your fantasy world Mr Yager it is a part of your magick, just make sure you see the rest of the world as well."
Jeffry said and gave you a smile.
"Remember young man to see though the eyes of your enemy are the first step to defeating it."

"Your right sir. I'll remember that for the future." Serge said with a respectful nod although he wasn't sure he fully accepted that.

Jeffry did not press the issue but he did regard you for a moment before he let the matter drop.

"Thank you sir. I understand the gravity of the situation may call for some...extreme actions. Do what you have to do." Serge said with a nod.

"I am not going to torture her if that is what you are afraid of Mr Yager, that is something I would only do if there where no other choice to get vital information and even then information gained though such coercion are usually unreliable. I am going to cast a simple spell on her that will make her breath look like she is out on a cold winter day if she lie and ask her to repeat what she told you."
The old Hermetic said to reassure you.

"She really likes those cats doesn't she." Serge said glancing at the cats held by the Deaconess.

"Yes she seam to do just that...and it is hard to say exactly what would make her give them up, the Deaconess do not always think and act like the rest of us."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"You would not have any good ideas for just that would you Mr Yager?"

Serge made the modifications suggested by Martha. "She's one freaky looking women. Giant Scar and weird thing in her lips. She shall be dubbed 'Asian Scar Lady'." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Hum...freaky I don't know in my home Labyrinth was have a doctor with several sets of tentacle arms, and my sister have several mouths down her neck."
Martha muttered as she looked at the picture.
"That is an accurate retardation of the Prelata though."

"All right that's one down. Anyone else you wanna describe?" Serge said turning to a fresh page.

"Hum...well next let us work on Larson's second in command, his first name is Jace but I have never heard a last name for him, his name in the Nephandi language translates as Screaming in Anguish so he might just have chosen a name he like the sound of."
Martha said then she begun to describe Jace.
"He have board shoulders and he is tall and thin, his eyes are light gray and his hair looks dark blond in sunshine and brown inside, he wear it at jaw length, with a mid part and it is usually a bit messy, his jaw is angular and his nose is hawk like, he likes to wear tshirts and jeans and he have hands with very fine, long fingers."
She said as she tried to remember details about Jace's appearance.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:55 pm

"I see that is somewhat impractical, I guess we are going to have to use the old ways for messages for a while then." Darrian said and frowned he looked at Mundi and then at you.

"At least be careful what you impart over it, till it's sorted out but yes, the old fashioned way is probably more secure for now."

"He says that she is of average size for a human female, with black hair ad blue eyes but he do not know how to describe human faces, he says that your friend with the lines in his face...ah he means no disrespect but he probably means Mr Wainwright have met her in another part of the now."

"Ah, someone with burn marks or scars?" he nodded. "Explains the hood. Thank you, friend."

"Understood it is not my place to argue the decision. I have one on me, and the one that restrained Karl can still be used. They are both to be staked now and then they can get the choice to be moved to a less secure position where such means will not be needed later? Very well Karl is already laying on his back and he is not likely to wake up until it is done, but I prefer to spend some time calming him down afterwards. ML needs to be moved and this is likely to wake him and considering what happened he will be very scared. I suggjest I deal with Carl and you with ML he knows you and you are more likely to be able to talk him down into compliance."

He read the reply and gave a short nod. 'We will try to give them an option to move to another location but until then they must be staked. However, feasibility and general improvement on confinement is dependent on factors that are unknown as of yet and it will be less secure for them than here. Should I wait for you to deal with the one first then you may serve as backup in case of upset, and vice versa? I do not wish to have to hold him down but I will if it will if I have to and it will be less traumatic for him.

// Good news is, so far doggo is ok so far, despite his indiscriminate eating habits. Fingers crossed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:58 pm

Anja's Post:

Having performed her little exploration, Nicole moved back to the room containing the vampires. She didn't enter it; simply stood there, observing them with a slightly puzzled look on her face.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:23 pm

Nicole moved back to the room containing the vampires. She didn't enter it; simply stood there, observing them with a slightly puzzled look on her face.

Adley turned to glance over his shoulder with an inquiring glance. "May I help you?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:26 pm

"Why would someone watch movies on their phone or play games on it, are it not for letters and phone calls Mr Wainwright?"
Jeffry asked and he sounded dumbfounded at such silliness.
"In either case I do get your point, so you think this bothersome spirit will not stay for to long...well we are anyway going to have to be careful in the meantime and I would prefer not to get the Union involved in this mess as well."
He said and his eyes darkened at the mention of the Technocracy. Jeffry Morgan was not the Union's biggest fan.
Colin smiled wryly, "A mobile phone is so much more than it used to be only a few years ago... It has gone a bit far, I do agree. Though while I don't believe the bothersome spirit will linger for very long, too long is... well, I fear we're past that mark already. I don't like it at all."

Freddy's eyes narrowed a bit.
"You do keep getting yourself into trouble love...just so you know your pretty face is all mine."
She said and kissed you on the cheek.
"However that is part of what I was saying the spirit probably did not know that taking your face would kill you, she just do not understand how human beings work, they can be very alien and that can create dangerous misunderstandings."
He smiled wryly, "I think she saw my face as something damaged, something repaired, which resonated with her nature. Which made it desirable for her. I think I understand a little of spirit psychology; just enough to be wary of making bargains that seem straightforward. Knowing Enochian would be helpful, though; that would make it easier to be accurate..."

"Yeah sure, as soon as I can see properly again I will get on that, do you have a name for the plant love or anything else I can use to identify it with? Any other information that might be useful when looking into the matter?"
Freddy asked.
"Is this for the spirit who wanted to take your face? She do not still want a bit of your flesh do she?"
He grinned, "Of course I have its name. Gary Recycling and Waste Management. It should be fairly easy to look up. The excess trash comes in large, white cars, and is more than the facility is equipped to handle... The spirit of the place is affected by it, so I'm inclined to suspect there's some pretty mundane corruption in place - money under the table to look another way, that sort of thing. Get sufficient evidence, and prod the EPA and IRS to get the wheels moving..."

Freddy nodded at that and glanced around uneasy.
"Yeah I prefer to speak about this in private anyway."
She said clearly not enjoying the discussion.
He nodded, "Or at all..."

"I trust my uncle's skills he is a very good teleporter but even for a Master of the Art taking something out of a brain and getting it out without harming the surrounding tissue is not a easy task and when that thing is Primium...that can quickly go very, very wrong."
The Virtual Adept muttered she was clearly afraid at the thought but she was trying to hide it.
"I guess we are going to have to see how bad it is first though, no need to worry...before we know right."
She said and drew a few deep breaths to calm herself but she was holding onto you rather tightly.
He sighed, "True - and we should not try something like that without an exceptional healer in place at the same time, just in case."

"Poor thing, that can not have been easy on her..."
Freddy muttered.
He shook his head, "She has a potentially fatal fear of needles, as well... so no, it was not easy on her. Nor on me, really..."

"I see I hope you can talk the owners of this alternative into parting with it then...but what if you can not do so, if the serum is dangerous you can't put the girl on it for that long."
The Virtual Adept said and shook her head.
He frowned, "If I have to rent handcuffs with thumb locks to ensure they can't be slipped out of, I will... but the serum is out of the question, I'm afraid. I'll also commission a suitable restraint for her right away."

Freddy sigh and nodded.
"Yeah it is better to find out if something is wrong...alright...ok what if I speak with Dr Lee and you speak with young Kyle and Master Morgan and talk them into it as well?"
She said and she was trying to cover her nervousness though action instead.
He nodded, "I will discuss it with the Chief when I give him my report."

"I am completely innocent however let me just say that there is always a good time for green cakes."
Freddy said and grinned.
"But yes saving the world first then cake."
Jareth made a hoot he did not want to be forgotten in a discussion about treats.
He nodded, "Hum, I'll have to ask miss Larson about her recommendations for owl snacks."

Freddy's eyes widened a bit.
"That...will either be brilliant if it actually works or really really stupid you know."
She said.
"Also this Handler would not she be rather powerful?"
She whispered back to you.
He chuckled, "Immensely powerful... but frail due to mutations. Killing her would not be advisable, though, since that might make the creature try to drift home to the Deep Umbra with our people still on board."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Adley's Post:

Nicole turned to look at the Mage. 'Not sure. I'm trying to work something out, me.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:54 pm

Adley and Nicole:

"At least be careful what you impart over it, till it's sorted out but yes, the old fashioned way is probably more secure for now."

Darrian nodded at that.
"I will be careful Mr Roth Hicks, thank you for the warning."

"Ah, someone with burn marks or scars?" he nodded. "Explains the hood. Thank you, friend."

"No I think he more means that your Cabalmate have met this woman in another point in time."
The alchemist says.
"Mundi do not see scars as we do, nor names so to him your Cabalmate is the man with the lines in his face, I am sorry for the confusion and I also mean no disrespect."
He said quickly.

He read the reply and gave a short nod. 'We will try to give them an option to move to another location but until then they must be staked. However, feasibility and general improvement on confinement is dependent on factors that are unknown as of yet and it will be less secure for them than here.

"I understand, these options can be presented to them but now in the middle of the day if they wake up and are terrified I am not so sure they will understand said options it is better to wait until tonight to explain it to them and then perhaps we will know more about what can be offered as an alternative."
Kristina wrote in the wax with a bit of difficulty as she had not used such a tool before.

Should I wait for you to deal with the one first then you may serve as backup in case of upset, and vice versa? I do not wish to have to hold him down but I will if it will if I have to and it will be less traumatic for him.

"That seam wise and I can also then give you some instructions on how to do this when working on Karl. Backup is never a bad idea, these creatures are strong and fast and as you saw can be dangerous when scared or angry."
Kristina handed the tablet back to you and glanced at the vampires regretfully before she looked back at you and said.
"Whenever you are ready then."

Having performed her little exploration, Nicole moved back to the room containing the vampires. She didn't enter it; simply stood there, observing them with a slightly puzzled look on her face.

Kristina glanced fro Adley to Nicole for a moment and is about to say something when the Hermetic addressed the larger woman, she was clearly curious about what Nicole was doing down in the basement though.

Colin:

Colin smiled wryly, "A mobile phone is so much more than it used to be only a few years ago... It has gone a bit far, I do agree. Though while I don't believe the bothersome spirit will linger for very long, too long is... well, I fear we're past that mark already. I don't like it at all."

"More gifts from the Technocracy to humanity I see."
Jeffry scoffed.
"I do know this is a problem though, it is being looked at though by Master Sharaya and I fear that when it comes to technology I am not much help."

He smiled wryly, "I think she saw my face as something damaged, something repaired, which resonated with her nature. Which made it desirable for her. I think I understand a little of spirit psychology; just enough to be wary of making bargains that seem straightforward. Knowing Enochian would be helpful, though; that would make it easier to be accurate..."

"Yes you should be careful when dealing with spirits absolutely, their idea of a straightforward deal might not be the same as yours."
Freddy said.
"Learning Enocian would be useful but the Hermes boys are not sharing their secrets on that field, I guess you can learn directly from a spirit though."

He grinned, "Of course I have its name. Gary Recycling and Waste Management. It should be fairly easy to look up. The excess trash comes in large, white cars, and is more than the facility is equipped to handle... The spirit of the place is affected by it, so I'm inclined to suspect there's some pretty mundane corruption in place - money under the table to look another way, that sort of thing. Get sufficient evidence, and prod the EPA and IRS to get the wheels moving..."

Freddy grinned a little.
"I am sure I can get you what you need then, so soon as my eyes start working as they should again I will get right on that."
She said then she gave you a fond smile.
"So you have started helping out spirits as well love?"

He nodded, "Or at all..."

"Yeah not at all would be the preferable option."

He sighed, "True - and we should not try something like that without an exceptional healer in place at the same time, just in case."

"Yeah a healer...would be good."
Freddy said but her expression told you that she was not that thrilled about the idea of someone teleporting something out of her head healer there or not.

He shook his head, "She has a potentially fatal fear of needles, as well... so no, it was not easy on her. Nor on me, really..."

"Ah then it...would be even worse, poor kid."
Freddy said and frowned.
"I guess we are going to have to protect her and make sure that do not happen to her then, and no I do not suppose it was easy on you either."
She said and then scratched her head as if she did not like to mention it but she muttered.
"Ehm...also I have seen a therapist for medical phobias, and it have helped...it is not needles for me...I am fine with them it is lights...strong lights...overhead, like the ones a dentist would use...I can not stand...well anyway I can give you her name, the therapist I mean she is pretty good at what she do."
The young technomancer said looking embarrassed to mention such a weakness.

He frowned, "If I have to rent handcuffs with thumb locks to ensure they can't be slipped out of, I will... but the serum is out of the question, I'm afraid. I'll also commission a suitable restraint for her right away."

"Handcuffs with thumb locks worn over a long period of time sounds rather uncomfortable but I guess it is better than the alternative."
Freddy said and frowned.

He nodded, "I will discuss it with the Chief when I give him my report."

"Very well love I will have a talk with Dr Lee in the meantime."
The Virtual Adept agreed.

He nodded, "Hum, I'll have to ask miss Larson about her recommendations for owl snacks."

"That is probably a good idea, I think I saw her around here somewhere...oh and Jareth is going to get so spoiled is he not."
Freddy said grinned as she petted the owl on his head. Jareth seamed to enjoy that and he closed his eyes and opened his beak happily.

He chuckled, "Immensely powerful... but frail due to mutations. Killing her would not be advisable, though, since that might make the creature try to drift home to the Deep Umbra with our people still on board."

"I see...well you should try to avoid killing her then. I guess your ability to talk a stone into dancing will be put to the test then. I do not like you being in danger love but I guess we are all going to have to do our part in this."
She said but she seamed quite a bit concerned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:23 pm

"No I think he more means that your Cabalmate have met this woman in another point in time." The alchemist says. "Mundi do not see scars as we do, nor names so to him your Cabalmate is the man with the lines in his face, I am sorry for the confusion and I also mean no disrespect."

"Oh...hum..." His brow furrowed. "Lines in his face, but not scars..." he mused.

"I understand, these options can be presented to them but now in the middle of the day if they wake up and are terrified I am not so sure they will understand said options it is better to wait until tonight to explain it to them and then perhaps we will know more about what can be offered as an alternative."

'Stake first, explain later? How to calm them down then?'

"That seam wise and I can also then give you some instructions on how to do this when working on Karl. Backup is never a bad idea, these creatures are strong and fast and as you saw can be dangerous when scared or angry."

'Should I prepare spells to hold them?' he asked her and then showed her the tablet. When he was done, he beckoned over Arn and Adjan so he could show them a succinct overview in what was about to happen so they could help and be prepared for what was about to happen.

'Not sure. I'm trying to work something out, me.'

"Could you please 'work it out' outside of this room? Thank you," he replied in a peremptory tone.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:10 pm

"Oh...hum..." His brow furrowed. "Lines in his face, but not scars..." he mused.

"I think you still misunderstand Mr Roth Hicks, if I can try to translate what Mundi says your Cabalmate knows who the woman you said you saw outside is but he might not know in this point in time. The woman is not scarred or have lines in her face, Mundi do not describe someone through physical descriptions very well and by lines in the face he is referring to you Cabalmate."
Darrian explained.

'Stake first, explain later? How to calm them down then?'

Kristina glanced down at the tablet and wrote a reply.
"If they wake up try to talk to them, try to convince them that they will be safe, be patient they might be terrified but also be careful they might get unpredictable, do not let them see the stake itself...I guess you could say try to calm them down in whatever way you think would have worked on you if the roles had been reversed, just try to be kind."
She wrote and showed you the tablet.

'Should I prepare spells to hold them?' he asked her and then showed her the tablet. When he was done, he beckoned over Arn and Adjan so he could show them a succinct overview in what was about to happen so they could help and be prepared for what was about to happen.

"Yes that might be wise but do not use them unless we have to, it will be more traumatic for them if they are held down."
Kristina wrote back and frowned. Adjan glanced at the tablet when you showed it to him and he just nodded firmly. Ty raised an eyebrow at the tablet.
"Is this wax?"
He asked but then he read what you showed him and he nodded and said.
"Ok I will help out."

(OOC: It is Adjan and Ty that are in the basement Arn are up on the higher floors keeping watch.)

(OOC 2: I am glad to hear your dog is not ill despite his eating habits, poor doggie.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:23 pm

"I think you still misunderstand Mr Roth Hicks, if I can try to translate what Mundi says your Cabalmate knows who the woman you said you saw outside is but he might not know in this point in time. The woman is not scarred or have lines in her face, Mundi do not describe someone through physical descriptions very well and by lines in the face he is referring to you Cabalmate."

"Ah...hum. That is confusing but I will tell him when I see him."

"If they wake up try to talk to them, try to convince them that they will be safe, be patient they might be terrified but also be careful they might get unpredictable, do not let them see the stake itself...I guess you could say try to calm them down in whatever way you think would have worked on you if the roles had been reversed, just try to be kind."

He nodded as he pointed at her suggestions and made the 'ok' sign.

"Yes that might be wise but do not use them unless we have to, it will be more traumatic for them if they are held down."
Kristina wrote back and frowned. Adjan glanced at the tablet when you showed it to him and he just nodded firmly. Ty raised an eyebrow at the tablet.

'I can't hang a spell the way others can, I can build it or dissipate it but am slower right now. Who else here can prepare in advance or is fast enough if something should go amiss?'

// whups wrong NPC. Dogger not quite out of the woods yet but so far so good.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Adley's Post:

A raised eyebrow. 'Don't see how I'm getting in your way, out here.'

Spoiler:
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:48 pm

"No everyone but the new apprentices and the wounded are going, basically everyone who can. There are no specific number but we need to stop this Labyrinth from reaching their goals at all cost and that means everyone chipping in."
The Hollower said firmly.

"Well damn. I thought we were just going to send in a squad of our most powerful mages." Serge said.

"On a side note do we know where the Labyrinth is? I heard that those things we're well-hidden." Serge asked wanting to fill in his knowledge.

Liv and Jane was back to coloring in their coloring books on the floor, talking between themselves. Henrietta smiled.
"That sounds like a rather noble goal to me."
She said approvingly.

"Perhaps. The world really sucked for me before I met my Mentor. She showed me the brighter side of reality. Least I can do is get people to see that brighter side of life as well." Serge said with a shrug.

"You can keep your fantasy world Mr Yager it is a part of your magick, just make sure you see the rest of the world as well."
Jeffry said and gave you a smile.
"Remember young man to see though the eyes of your enemy are the first step to defeating it."

Serge nodded respectfully at that showing that he understood.

"I am not going to torture her if that is what you are afraid of Mr Yager, that is something I would only do if there where no other choice to get vital information and even then information gained though such coercion are usually unreliable. I am going to cast a simple spell on her that will make her breath look like she is out on a cold winter day if she lie and ask her to repeat what she told you."
The old Hermetic said to reassure you.

"OK that's a really cool sounding spell." Serge said with a slight smile, content with the old hermetic's reassurance. "Hopefully she'll be talkative."

"Yes she seam to do just that...and it is hard to say exactly what would make her give them up, the Deaconess do not always think and act like the rest of us."
Jeffry said and frowned.
"You would not have any good ideas for just that would you Mr Yager?"

"Maybe we could try and get Jane to ask for the kittens. She doesn't seem like the type of women to deny the request of a small child." Serge suggested with a smile.

"Although if you ask I'm pretty sure she'll give them to you. It is the Nephandi and the fate of the world we're dealing with." Serge commented.

"Hum...well next let us work on Larson's second in command, his first name is Jace but I have never heard a last name for him, his name in the Nephandi language translates as Screaming in Anguish so he might just have chosen a name he like the sound of."
Martha said then she begun to describe Jace.
"He have board shoulders and he is tall and thin, his eyes are light gray and his hair looks dark blond in sunshine and brown inside, he wear it at jaw length, with a mid part and it is usually a bit messy, his jaw is angular and his nose is hawk like, he likes to wear tshirts and jeans and he have hands with very fine, long fingers."
She said as she tried to remember details about Jace's appearance.

Serge went straight to work, sculpting Jace's appearance both on paper and in mind. "Board Shoulders....tall and thin.....light grey eyes....dark and blonde sunshine hair with brown on the inside,....angular jaw.....hawk nose....t-shirt and jeans.....long fine fingers." Serge muttered to himself as he concentrated on getting the sketch just right.

(OOC: More drawing rolls! Roll: 6, 2, 6, 10, 1, 2)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:51 pm

"More gifts from the Technocracy to humanity I see."
Jeffry scoffed.
"I do know this is a problem though, it is being looked at though by Master Sharaya and I fear that when it comes to technology I am not much help."
Colin nodded, "Like so many of them, a double-edged sword. Or a Trojan Horse, if you prefer."

"Yes you should be careful when dealing with spirits absolutely, their idea of a straightforward deal might not be the same as yours."
Freddy said.
"Learning Enocian would be useful but the Hermes boys are not sharing their secrets on that field, I guess you can learn directly from a spirit though."
He grinned, "My Avatar swears like a sailor in it, so I think I should stand a decent chance at picking it up at some not-too-distant point."

Freddy grinned a little.
"I am sure I can get you what you need then, so soon as my eyes start working as they should again I will get right on that."
She said then she gave you a fond smile.
"So you have started helping out spirits as well love?"
He shrugged, "A couple... and one ghost I've failed miserably. The recycling lady, though, was a promise out of not only compassion, but also pragmatism - she had to make a child to balance herself, due to the excess of trash dumped in her domain; not looking into it would risk corrupting her entirely and creating... well... a disaster area, really."

"Yeah a healer...would be good."
Freddy said but her expression told you that she was not that thrilled about the idea of someone teleporting something out of her head healer there or not.
He smiled sadly, "We could look around for a more medically skilled teleporter; I can think of a few places to look."

"Ah then it...would be even worse, poor kid."
Freddy said and frowned.
"I guess we are going to have to protect her and make sure that do not happen to her then, and no I do not suppose it was easy on you either."
She said and then scratched her head as if she did not like to mention it but she muttered.
"Ehm...also I have seen a therapist for medical phobias, and it have helped...it is not needles for me...I am fine with them it is lights...strong lights...overhead, like the ones a dentist would use...I can not stand...well anyway I can give you her name, the therapist I mean she is pretty good at what she do."
The young technomancer said looking embarrassed to mention such a weakness.
He nodded, "Sounds like a plan. A good plan."

"Handcuffs with thumb locks worn over a long period of time sounds rather uncomfortable but I guess it is better than the alternative."
Freddy said and frowned.
He nodded, "Far better..."

"That is probably a good idea, I think I saw her around here somewhere...oh and Jareth is going to get so spoiled is he not."
Freddy said grinned as she petted the owl on his head. Jareth seamed to enjoy that and he closed his eyes and opened his beak happily.
He chuckled, "I just hope Mr. Ackerman won't get too upset if his son suddenly turns up a bit pudgy."

"I see...well you should try to avoid killing her then. I guess your ability to talk a stone into dancing will be put to the test then. I do not like you being in danger love but I guess we are all going to have to do our part in this."
She said but she seamed quite a bit concerned.
He shrugged, "All things considered... I think I'll be safer with the Handler than the ones going after Larson will. But the Handler can turn the polyp against Larson's wishes, so that's too good an advantage not to make a play for."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:58 pm

"This is not a spectator sport. Unless you are here to provide backup in the event of an emergency or some other good reason other than your curiosity, your presence is not needed here."

// I got the impression Nicole was basically at or near the doorway since she's able to see them, but at any rate he would probably say the same thing.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:19 pm

Nicole looked silently at the Hermetic, then gave a lazy semi-stretch with her arms, revealing the shoulder holster. 'I can do backup. Wondering if they'd wake up, me.'

[Ah, no worries.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:38 pm

Adley and Nicole:

"Ah...hum. That is confusing but I will tell him when I see him."

"I do apologize I could not make it more clear."
Darrian said apologetically.
"Mundi do not really see time like you or me."

He nodded as he pointed at her suggestions and made the 'ok' sign.

"One more thing we should not be to many in the room when we do this, that will only lead to scaring them further, let us try not to crowd them."
Kristina said.

'I can't hang a spell the way others can, I can build it or dissipate it but am slower right now. Who else here can prepare in advance or is fast enough if something should go amiss?'

"I am pretty fast and I can prepare a spell and stay at the ready but it depends on what you need."
Ty said and Adjan nodded.
"I can not hang spells but I can be ready with one while you...deal with the guests."
He commented.

"Be aware that we are going to restrain these men and the process might frighten them and make them dangerous, you might not be safe out there Miss."
Kristina warned.
"I also imagine these men would appreciate not being...gawked at at such a moment of indignity, however back up is appreciated if it is done respectfully and kindly."

"Well damn. I thought we were just going to send in a squad of our most powerful mages." Serge said.

"If we did chances are we would loose this is a powerful Labyrinth and while our Masters can do allot they will need back up and support from the rest of us."
Henrietta said firmly.

"On a side note do we know where the Labyrinth is? I heard that those things we're well-hidden." Serge asked wanting to fill in his knowledge.

"We know where at least one of the portals into the Labyrinth are, the thing itself is located in the Umbra."
The Hollower explained.

"Perhaps. The world really sucked for me before I met my Mentor. She showed me the brighter side of reality. Least I can do is get people to see that brighter side of life as well." Serge said with a shrug.

Henrietta smiled a little.
"Well it is still noble, and your Mentor sounds like she is a really nice person."
She said and looked at you.
"I am glad she helped you to get a better life."

"OK that's a really cool sounding spell." Serge said with a slight smile, content with the old hermetic's reassurance. "Hopefully she'll be talkative."

"It is an old specialty of my Tradition, the frosty breath of the spoken lie, it can come in handy at times and yes I do hope Miss Clearwater will indeed choose to talk."
Jeffry said and he nodded in agreement and glanced over at the prisoner and her Mentor.

"Maybe we could try and get Jane to ask for the kittens. She doesn't seem like the type of women to deny the request of a small child." Serge suggested with a smile.

"Mara O'Connor are kindly that is true, but I do not like tricking her, she usually have some reason for her actions though the rest of us often are not privy to them...hum...but perhaps an actual living kitten might make her willingly give up those little monstrosities she have made."
The old Flambeau said and rubbed the side of his nose as he considered.

"Although if you ask I'm pretty sure she'll give them to you. It is the Nephandi and the fate of the world we're dealing with." Serge commented.

"The woman have as much fay in her as is possible and still have a human enough soul for an Avatar to find it's home in it, who knows what her response will be she have one leg in our world Mr Yager and one in another, one neither of us can see with ease."
Jeffry said.

Serge went straight to work, sculpting Jace's appearance both on paper and in mind. "Board Shoulders....tall and thin.....light grey eyes....dark and blonde sunshine hair with brown on the inside,....angular jaw.....hawk nose....t-shirt and jeans.....long fine fingers." Serge muttered to himself as he concentrated on getting the sketch just right.

Martha looked at the drawing and nodded.
"Yeah that is pretty close, his eyes is a bit sharper and his cheekbones a bit higher."
She corrected as you worked and when satisfied she asked.
"Are you able to do one more kid?"

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Like so many of them, a double-edged sword. Or a Trojan Horse, if you prefer."

"We had no need of such modern inventions when I was young."
Jeffry grumbled.

He grinned, "My Avatar swears like a sailor in it, so I think I should stand a decent chance at picking it up at some not-too-distant point."

That made Freddy giggle.
"Your Avatar sounds like quite the character love, at least she is helpful mine is literary an online troll."

He shrugged, "A couple... and one ghost I've failed miserably. The recycling lady, though, was a promise out of not only compassion, but also pragmatism - she had to make a child to balance herself, due to the excess of trash dumped in her domain; not looking into it would risk corrupting her entirely and creating... well... a disaster area, really."

"Now I feel bad for that spirit lady, she made a child to balance herself that...is quite interesting this ghost though how did you manage to get involved with one of them?"
Freddy asked and raised an eyebrow.
"In either case I will see what I can do about the recycling plant."

He smiled sadly, "We could look around for a more medically skilled teleporter; I can think of a few places to look."

"There could be skilled healers in my Tradition, but even so such an...treatment is...well let us just say it is not something I would want to do if there is any way around it."
Freddy said and she shuddered and looked quite miserable for a moment before she pulled herself together.
"It was only for two weeks I was on the serum it might not be that bad..."
She said hopefully.

He nodded, "Sounds like a plan. A good plan."

"She is a willworker like us and she live over at Westchapel so anything the girl tells her a sleeper should not learn about will be ok...I will get you her card."
Freddy said.

He nodded, "Far better..."

The Virtual Adept nodded at that though she looked a little concerned.

He chuckled, "I just hope Mr. Ackerman won't get too upset if his son suddenly turns up a bit pudgy."

"Can owls even get fat?"
Freddy asked as she petted Jareth and he looked rather content.
"I suppose they can but I am sure Mr Ackerman wont mind as long as his boy here can still fly. That Mr Ackherman is related to his birds by blood though is still a little creepy."
She commented and glanced over at the Verbena healer who where talking with some of the others near the door to the entrance hall.

He shrugged, "All things considered... I think I'll be safer with the Handler than the ones going after Larson will. But the Handler can turn the polyp against Larson's wishes, so that's too good an advantage not to make a play for."

"I agree love your plan is sound and it should be done it is a good opportunity, however I am allowed to worry."
Freddy said as she wrapped her arms around your waist and smiled to you.

(OOC: Well I hope your dog will continue to be fine Strife, he is such a little cutie.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:11 am

"We had no need of such modern inventions when I was young."
Jeffry grumbled.
Colin nodded sagely, "Granted that quite some time has passed since you were young; all the same, the extra features of a modern phone is more of a convenience and a practical distraction from more important things than a necessity... Games and movies to enjoy as one walks around, that's an efficient distraction from Reality..."

That made Freddy giggle.
"Your Avatar sounds like quite the character love, at least she is helpful mine is literary an online troll."
He chuckled, "Well, I know you and your Avatar will get along a little better, once he has annoyed you to further enlightenment... They say that diamonds are made under pressure, but pearls are made from irritation."

"Now I feel bad for that spirit lady, she made a child to balance herself that...is quite interesting this ghost though how did you manage to get involved with one of them?"
Freddy asked and raised an eyebrow.
"In either case I will see what I can do about the recycling plant."
He frowned, voice getting a little rough for a moment, "I'd... rather not get into detail about the ghost right now. I wronged her, greatly, and I might not be able to set things right..."

"There could be skilled healers in my Tradition, but even so such an...treatment is...well let us just say it is not something I would want to do if there is any way around it."
Freddy said and she shuddered and looked quite miserable for a moment before she pulled herself together.
"It was only for two weeks I was on the serum it might not be that bad..."
She said hopefully.
He shook his head, "I'm sorry, luv, but... the absolute limit for safe use is three days. Granted, the severity is probably less than... other cases, but all the same, I want to make sure you're safe."

"She is a willworker like us and she live over at Westchapel so anything the girl tells her a sleeper should not learn about will be ok...I will get you her card."
Freddy said.
He grimaced, "Luv, Anna has been through the Caul in this life, and raised by a sadist in a Labyrinth... I wouldn't say anything she might say will be alright. But yes, she'll probably be able to deal with it better than any Sleeper."

"Can owls even get fat?"
Freddy asked as she petted Jareth and he looked rather content.
"I suppose they can but I am sure Mr Ackerman wont mind as long as his boy here can still fly. That Mr Ackherman is related to his birds by blood though is still a little creepy."
She commented and glanced over at the Verbena healer who where talking with some of the others near the door to the entrance hall.
He grinned, "Well, I suppose it would be creepier yet if Mr. Ackerman was magically related to his owls instead. Can you imagine a flock of owls suddenly practicing blood magic on people?"

"I agree love your plan is sound and it should be done it is a good opportunity, however I am allowed to worry."
Freddy said as she wrapped her arms around your waist and smiled to you.
He nodded, "You'll be absolutely right to worry. I'm not entirely fearless, myself, after all - there's a lot to be afraid of in a polyp; I should know..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:27 am

"We know where at least one of the portals into the Labyrinth are, the thing itself is located in the Umbra."
The Hollower explained.

"Well that's good. At least we know where it is." Serge said. "Are we looking for the other portals or are we just going to use the one?"

Henrietta smiled a little.
"Well it is still noble, and your Mentor sounds like she is a really nice person."
She said and looked at you.
"I am glad she helped you to get a better life."

"Yeah she's cool." Serge said remembering his mentor fondly. "With everything that's going on I hope she's all right."

"Mara O'Connor are kindly that is true, but I do not like tricking her, she usually have some reason for her actions though the rest of us often are not privy to them...hum...but perhaps an actual living kitten might make her willingly give up those little monstrosities she have made."
The old Flambeau said and rubbed the side of his nose as he considered.

"Not sure about that. Since they are her own creations she might be more attached to them than to any random kitten. She might even just take both of them and love them all equally. Maybe even make the monster kittens play with the normal ones." Serge said.

"But it's worth a shot. She might also be more willing to give one in exchange for another. Especially considering the circumstances."

"The woman have as much fay in her as is possible and still have a human enough soul for an Avatar to find it's home in it, who knows what her response will be she have one leg in our world Mr Yager and one in another, one neither of us can see with ease."
Jeffry said.

"Yeah, Jane was telling me about her. Enough fay to make her vulnerable to iron. You know my Uncle said that I would get along well with Deaconess O'Conner. I can see why." Serge informed the Security Chief with a smile.

"If she has a leg in both worlds than I doubt she wants to see either of them destroyed. Although I don't know much about her so your right I can't say how she'd react. It can't hurt to ask though?"

Martha looked at the drawing and nodded.
"Yeah that is pretty close, his eyes is a bit sharper and his cheekbones a bit higher."
She corrected as you worked and when satisfied she asked.
"Are you able to do one more kid?"

"All right...a little adjustment there...and here....and over there...aaaannd done." Serge said adding in the final suggestions Martha's presented.

"Yeah I'm good for more. Let's go!" Serge said as he flipped to a fresh page ready to continue drawing.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:31 am

"I do apologize I could not make it more clear." Darrian said apologetically. "Mundi do not really see time like you or me."

"There is nothing to apologize for, it was my mistake."

"I am pretty fast and I can prepare a spell and stay at the ready but it depends on what you need." Ty said and Adjan nodded. "I can not hang spells but I can be ready with one while you...deal with the guests."

'It depends what happens. Keeping them from harming us and fleeing the room is essential but try not to crowd them. The first step is to keep them as calm as we can - she will stake the sleeping one on his back (a reference to Karl's description), calm him, and then we will try the other. He needs to be moved to his back and so may awaken somewhat and protest. I will try to convince him to allow us to continue. But if they do attack in fear or try to run, we must restrain them quickly. I have seen a press of air and gravity used for such but you may have other options I don't know about and am asking for input. Do not use fire, it will make it worse and direct engagement may make them attack you desperately to escape. Also I will need a mallet of some kind. And yes, this is wax.' He glanced at Kris to see if he'd summarized what they'd agreed upon so far.

Nicole looked silently at the Hermetic, then gave a lazy semi-stretch with her arms, revealing the shoulder holster. 'I can do backup. Wondering if they'd wake up, me.'
"Be aware that we are going to restrain these men and the process might frighten them and make them dangerous, you might not be safe out there Miss."Kristina warned. "I also imagine these men would appreciate not being...gawked at at such a moment of indignity, however back up is appreciated if it is done respectfully and kindly."

"Satisfying your idle wonderment is not a reason for you to stay," he repeated to Nicole flatly. "A moment, please."

He wrote down another bit of note for Kris. 'It seems her idea of backup is shooting them - I assume that would be a last resort. Perhaps she could cover the door, if they try to escape as that would cover the area just in case and also not crowd in here further as well as upset the one that she fought before. I will ask if she has an alternative.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:58 am

Colin:

Colin nodded sagely, "Granted that quite some time has passed since you were young; all the same, the extra features of a modern phone is more of a convenience and a practical distraction from more important things than a necessity... Games and movies to enjoy as one walks around, that's an efficient distraction from Reality..."

"Well Mr Wainwright are you calling me old?"
Jeffry said good natured.
"I see this sound like some sort of opium to the people then."
He commented dryly.

He chuckled, "Well, I know you and your Avatar will get along a little better, once he has annoyed you to further enlightenment... They say that diamonds are made under pressure, but pearls are made from irritation."

"You may be right but sometimes I just want to strange him."
Freddy grumbled.
"Well I don't actually want to strangle him, that would be bad, but you get my point."

He frowned, voice getting a little rough for a moment, "I'd... rather not get into detail about the ghost right now. I wronged her, greatly, and I might not be able to set things right..."

The young Virtual Adept looked at you for a while and nodded she placed a hand against your cheek gently.
"I will ask no more about it at the moment then love."

He shook his head, "I'm sorry, luv, but... the absolute limit for safe use is three days. Granted, the severity is probably less than... other cases, but all the same, I want to make sure you're safe."

Freddy sigh and gave you a pained look.
"Oh I want to be safe love I just do not want anyone to dig into my brain either."
She grumbled.

He grimaced, "Luv, Anna has been through the Caul in this life, and raised by a sadist in a Labyrinth... I wouldn't say anything she might say will be alright. But yes, she'll probably be able to deal with it better than any Sleeper."

"No...what she have to say might be rather disturbing but it would be worse if she told it to a sleeper."
Freddy said and frowned.
"This sadist who raised her did he hurt her as well?"

He grinned, "Well, I suppose it would be creepier yet if Mr. Ackerman was magically related to his owls instead. Can you imagine a flock of owls suddenly practicing blood magic on people?"

Freddy grinned a little at that.
"Now that would make for a good horror movie."
She commented.

He nodded, "You'll be absolutely right to worry. I'm not entirely fearless, myself, after all - there's a lot to be afraid of in a polyp; I should know..."

Freddy nodded and she held you close for a while.
"Let us both survive this crisis love, I want some time with you now that I finally have worked up the courage to say that I like you."
She said softly.

Serge:

"Well that's good. At least we know where it is." Serge said. "Are we looking for the other portals or are we just going to use the one?"

"That I don't know."
Henrietta said simply.

"Yeah she's cool." Serge said remembering his mentor fondly. "With everything that's going on I hope she's all right."

"I hope so to, hey she is a powerful mage right I am sure she will be fine."
The Hollower said in an attempt to make you feel better.

"Not sure about that. Since they are her own creations she might be more attached to them than to any random kitten. She might even just take both of them and love them all equally. Maybe even make the monster kittens play with the normal ones." Serge said.

Jeffry looked at you for a moment then he sigh and nodded.
"Yeah she might do exactly that."
He agreed.

"But it's worth a shot. She might also be more willing to give one in exchange for another. Especially considering the circumstances."

"Hum...you are onto something there part of her nature is fay, and most fay can not resist a good trade, it might be worth a shot as a way to get her to give up those spirits."
The Security Chief said and nodded.
"Not a bad idea young man."

"Yeah, Jane was telling me about her. Enough fay to make her vulnerable to iron. You know my Uncle said that I would get along well with Deaconess O'Conner. I can see why." Serge informed the Security Chief with a smile.

"Well she do live in her own world of dreams and fantasies only her dreams are real, but yes she is strongly fay blooded with all that it entails for good and for ill."
The old Hermetic said.

"If she has a leg in both worlds than I doubt she wants to see either of them destroyed. Although I don't know much about her so your right I can't say how she'd react. It can't hurt to ask though?"

"Deaconess O'Connor is Summer Court, royalty actually or so I hear, she have no desire to see any world destroyed that I can guarantee but she have her own plans and ways to look at the world so she might not think the kittens are a danger to anyone, and perhaps she is even right, on some level. But yes talking with her about it do seam wise and I am going to do just so when everyone have been sent back to their rooms or their tasks and there is a moment to spare."
Jeffry agreed.

"All right...a little adjustment there...and here....and over there...aaaannd done." Serge said adding in the final suggestions Martha's presented.

"Yeah that is him, right now to the smug look on his face, he was not the worst of the lot though but still he went along with Larson's plans so he is an asshole as well."
Martha grumbled as she looked at the drawing.

"Yeah I'm good for more. Let's go!" Serge said as he flipped to a fresh page ready to continue drawing.

"There is this Norwegian woman, from the Hagalaz faction of your own Tradition kid, or at least she was before she Fell, she is not to tall but not short either, she is rather wide and just a touch on the plump side not not fat, her face is oval with a button nose, intense green eyes and plump lips, she have long, curly dark red hair, she might be of Celtic stock back in her family three rather than Nordic, though I do think the two are related. Anyway she is pretty but not beautiful, rather full chested and she likes to wear long flowing dresses, she have eyes growing out of her wrists that she hide under her long sleeves."
Martha explained as you drew.
"I do not know her name."

Adley:

"There is nothing to apologize for, it was my mistake."

Darrian just gave you a slight smile at that and nodded politely.

'It depends what happens. Keeping them from harming us and fleeing the room is essential but try not to crowd them. The first step is to keep them as calm as we can - she will stake the sleeping one on his back (a reference to Karl's description), calm him, and then we will try the other. He needs to be moved to his back and so may awaken somewhat and protest. I will try to convince him to allow us to continue. But if they do attack in fear or try to run, we must restrain them quickly. I have seen a press of air and gravity used for such but you may have other options I don't know about and am asking for input. Do not use fire, it will make it worse and direct engagement may make them attack you desperately to escape. Also I will need a mallet of some kind. And yes, this is wax.' He glanced at Kris to see if he'd summarized what they'd agreed upon so far.

Ty nodded as he took the information in.
"So what if me and Mr Terach wait outside the room and have some spells ready, we can work pretty well together after all. You and Mrs Knox try to restrain the one sleeping on his back and then the other one and if there is trouble we will move in to help. What I use is not so much a press and more movement not having an effect in a way it is hard to explain I learned the rote fro an Akashic I beat in a card game."
The younger Euthanathos explained.
"Basically you can move around all you want but you are still frozen in place it is less complex than it sounds, the point is it will not harm them and should stop them."
He said and brought several dice out of his pocket unlike Adjan's dice though his was brightly colorful and made of iridescent metal."
"Do that work for you Mr Roth Hicks?"
He said then he raised and eyebrow at the tablet.
"Not that is retro."
He commented with a smile. Kristina nodded to what you where saying, she brought a small hammer out from her purse.
"I did bring one when I was called about vampire trouble."
She said as she picked up the stake that Karl had been restrained with earlier and checked the edge of it.
"I should be ready then."
She said though she still frowned she did not like having to hurt the two vampires.

He wrote down another bit of note for Kris. 'It seems her idea of backup is shooting them - I assume that would be a last resort. Perhaps she could cover the door, if they try to escape as that would cover the area just in case and also not crowd in here further as well as upset the one that she fought before. I will ask if she has an alternative.'

Kristina nodded at what you had written.
"Agreed."
She said simply.
"Though shooting them might not do much good if it comes to that as a last resort she should go for the head that might knock them out for a while, but only as a last resort I do not want them to suffer more violence than need be they are not vicious they are just scared and with good reason, this..."
She said indicating the stake.
"Hurts them pretty bad and leaves them in a state of terror, helplessness and agony it is not a good thing, they have every right to fear it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:38 am

"Well Mr Wainwright are you calling me old?"
Jeffry said good natured.
"I see this sound like some sort of opium to the people then."
He commented dryly.
Colin grinned, "More like aged to perfection, like a good ale or cheese. And yes, technology has become the new opium of the people, with religion on the wane."

"You may be right but sometimes I just want to strange him."
Freddy grumbled.
"Well I don't actually want to strangle him, that would be bad, but you get my point."
He smiled thinly, "I understand. It's what he thinks will drive you forward at this stage. I think things will mellow a little in time, though..."

Freddy sigh and gave you a pained look.
"Oh I want to be safe love I just do not want anyone to dig into my brain either."
She grumbled.
He sighed, kissing her forehead lightly, "Scan first, luv, then we consider what might be done..."

"No...what she have to say might be rather disturbing but it would be worse if she told it to a sleeper."
Freddy said and frowned.
"This sadist who raised her did he hurt her as well?"
He shook his head, "No, he sheltered her, actually... Even beat up Diego and threw him out of Chicago when the wretch tried his... advances on the girl. No, the only thing Gabriel really did wrong with her was making her watch his... recreational lobotomy practices."

Freddy grinned a little at that.
"Now that would make for a good horror movie."
She commented.
He chuckled, "Hitchcock would be proud..."

Freddy nodded and she held you close for a while.
"Let us both survive this crisis love, I want some time with you now that I finally have worked up the courage to say that I like you."
She said softly.
He smiled and gently stroked her back, "Let's... Who knows how many years we'll get together anyway - I'm not planning to cut them shorter in any way."

He sighed, "I've got to fetch a candle and get up to the Chief's office; sorry, luv, but I must run."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:57 am

Colin grinned, "More like aged to perfection, like a good ale or cheese. And yes, technology has become the new opium of the people, with religion on the wane."

"Ah...well some things do grow better with age."
Jeffry said and grinned then his expression soured.
"I am not sure what is worse the damned technology or the damn religious fanatics."
He grumbled.
"It is nothing wrong with religion but when it becomes a way to numb the mind then there is a problem."

He smiled thinly, "I understand. It's what he thinks will drive you forward at this stage. I think things will mellow a little in time, though..."

"I know, I know and at times I learn things and study just to prove the little bastard wrong on something, which I guess is his plan but he is still infuriating."
Freddy said and sigh.

He sighed, kissing her forehead lightly, "Scan first, luv, then we consider what might be done..."

"Agreed there is no need to worry before we know what is what."
Freddy said but she looked like she did just that, worry.

He shook his head, "No, he sheltered her, actually... Even beat up Diego and threw him out of Chicago when the wretch tried his... advances on the girl. No, the only thing Gabriel really did wrong with her was making her watch his... recreational lobotomy practices."

"Well it is good that this guy protected his student but damn, he made her watch when he lobotomized folks? Shit taking one's apprentice out fishing or something was not good enough?"
Freddy said she looked rather shocked.
"Also Diego did what? But we are talking about a kid...that bastard."
She muttered angrily.

He chuckled, "Hitchcock would be proud..."

"Yeah...hum that reminds me they are making a TV series in the spirit of The Birds now called Zoo where all the animals go crazy, completely unrelated but I heard about it on a forum."
Freddy said and scratched her head a bit.

He smiled and gently stroked her back, "Let's... Who knows how many years we'll get together anyway - I'm not planning to cut them shorter in any way."

"Yeah well you better plan on sticking around for some good long while."
Freddy said and kissed you softly.

He sighed, "I've got to fetch a candle and get up to the Chief's office; sorry, luv, but I must run."

"Ok...yes there is plenty to do...do not let me keep you but take care of yourself. I will go and speak with Dr Lee."
Freddy said and she hugged you one more time and let you go.
"Off you go then love."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:23 pm

"Ah...well some things do grow better with age."
Jeffry said and grinned then his expression soured.
"I am not sure what is worse the damned technology or the damn religious fanatics."
He grumbled.
"It is nothing wrong with religion but when it becomes a way to numb the mind then there is a problem."
Colin nodded, "Or when a message of universal love becomes one of exclusion and oppression. Still trying to figure out how that happened..."

"Well it is good that this guy protected his student but damn, he made her watch when he lobotomized folks? Shit taking one's apprentice out fishing or something was not good enough?"
Freddy said she looked rather shocked.
"Also Diego did what? But we are talking about a kid...that bastard."
She muttered angrily.
He frowned, "He's kind of impressive, actually - I've yet to find even a single individual who speaks favourably of him, or even hopes for a little compassion for him at the end. And I've been questioning Nephandi about him."

"Yeah...hum that reminds me they are making a TV series in the spirit of The Birds now called Zoo where all the animals go crazy, completely unrelated but I heard about it on a forum."
Freddy said and scratched her head a bit.
He arched an eyebrow, "Hum, I might have to look into that. Could be worth watching."

"Yeah well you better plan on sticking around for some good long while."
Freddy said and kissed you softly.
He smiled wryly, "I've seen the first twenty years. After that, I'll do what I can."

"Ok...yes there is plenty to do...do not let me keep you but take care of yourself. I will go and speak with Dr Lee."
Freddy said and she hugged you one more time and let you go.
"Off you go then love."
He nodded, reaching up to give Jareth a light pet on the head, "See you later, luv - try for dinner tonight? And don't let Jareth assail anyone's fruits while he's out in public."

He strode up to his room and set the bowl of sand down, and found a small candle before heading back to Morgan's office, where he knocked on the door and waited...
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:46 pm

Colin nodded, "Or when a message of universal love becomes one of exclusion and oppression. Still trying to figure out how that happened..."

"I would think when power and wealth got into it. A spiritual belief can be a beautiful thing I have one myself the problem is when spirituality become a religion and it is filled with dogma who serve the rich and powerful and give them power over everyone else."
Jeffry said and sigh.
"Or in other words human nature happened Mr Wainwright."

He frowned, "He's kind of impressive, actually - I've yet to find even a single individual who speaks favourably of him, or even hopes for a little compassion for him at the end. And I've been questioning Nephandi about him."

"At least the man is consistent."
Freddy said and raised and eyebrow.
"There have to be some good side to even him though don't you think? Something?"

He arched an eyebrow, "Hum, I might have to look into that. Could be worth watching."

"We can check it out on netflix love when it is out."
Freddy agreed and smiled.
"I might not be a good cook but I should be able to do popcorn."

He smiled wryly, "I've seen the first twenty years. After that, I'll do what I can."

"You better love...you better and whatever time we get together, we are going to make it count."
The Virtual Adept said and leaned her head against you for a moment just smiling softly.

He nodded, reaching up to give Jareth a light pet on the head, "See you later, luv - try for dinner tonight? And don't let Jareth assail anyone's fruits while he's out in public."

"Dinner would be lovely, even if its just a quick bite of anything after the battle or before it..."
Freddy agreed then she looked at Jareth and smiled.
"I will try to keep an eye on him love."
Jareth looked at you and cooed happily.

He strode up to his room and set the bowl of sand down, and found a small candle before heading back to Morgan's office, where he knocked on the door and waited...

Jeffry opened to door to his office and signaled for you to come in.
"There you are Mr Wainwright...I know little about tea but I got a few bags and I can warm some water you prefer that to coffee do you not?"
He said as he sat back down behind his desk and indicated you could sit.
"So what happened in Chicago?"
He asked simply.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next