Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 4 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:48 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole looked from Jeffery to the Cryptid, then gave a short nod...

Truth be told, Nicole didn't really like the Eagle. It was double the weight, ergonomically shit even for her hands, a picky eater and high maintenance. But those weren't so much a problem at this moment. It was, after all a target pistol; well-weighted, crisp, accurate sights and little recoil. That and she was a decent shooter too; knew the quirks of both weapon and body.

Arm muscles fully tensed, keeping it steady as she pointed it at the Cryptid's "head". Took a breath as she aimed, compensating mentally for her weaker eye. Held said breath; to cut out the slight drift due to the lungs. Then pressed the slightly tight bangswitch.

Good aim, good weapon, good shooter. Of course it's going to be a good shot, right?

[Not the most interesting of descriptions, which was the main reason why I hadn't done a proper one yet. And do you really want all my thread-based questions put here? *confused look*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21 - Page 4 Empty Re: Preparing for War, Pineal Glands and Deperate Measures IC Thread 21

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:12 pm

You took aim on the slowed down creature and fired, you hit it right in the head and it chittered in pain...or perhaps it was anger it was hard to tell, the thing staggered back and while it's head sort of exploded into goo it was on it's feet. The cryptid was hurt though you can see that and it swung at the man doing the katas but missed and now it was just sort of staggering around helplessly.

(OOC: I have rolled your dex plus firearms for you and done all the back and forth with damage and soak and the result is doing four lethal not bad.)

(OOC 2: I would like to have the descriptions of magick done for example as descriptions in the thread, all mages have some way they work magick some flavor to it. Simple questions like how many rounds do I have or do the bridge look stable enough to cross can also be done in the thread itself complicated questions that will take more time to reply to and are of an OOC nature can be taken in a OOC thread or on PM. All the character's actions though should be in this thread.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:58 pm

I think I saw Mr Acherman earlier I can give him a caul and ask if he will help out watching over the Node, come to think about it he might already be there visiting his Covensister."
"Just be careful with what's said on them, I don't know if the phones are being tampered with or not."

//
"There is a well what should we call it a mother mass in there by the portal and it have Miss Larson captive these things keep splitting off from it so honestly I do not know how many can end up manifesting but it seams the mother mass shrink a little each time one of the spirits split off, right now it is one in the hallway, Master O'Connor's ehm...cat and three of them in Miss Larson's chambers."
"So it's a classic case of the massive slime boss. Murdering it's children to weaken the main body until it's too weak too continue fighting? That's one of my favorite fantasy cliche." Serge said as he heard what was going on. "Is there any way we could seal the portal now or do we have to get rid of the mother mass first?"
"Do you have experience with beings like these Mr Yager if so can you advice how we get rid of them?" The old Hermetic asked. The tall thin guy that Adley had recused looked up. "You are right it is a bit like a giant slime monster..." He said and smiled to you as he looked up from his phone. "Well the mother mass is right in front of the portal and it is hard to focus on sealing it while constantly being under attack but if it's attention can be drawn I can close the portal."
"We need a distraction for it," he said, frowning. "Or something that will make it drop the girl...." he said, hurriedly.
"Yeah...thanks man, that is going to leave a bruise." Jon said as he got up slowly and got his phone off the floor, looking far more dismayed at a crack in it's screen than the bruises around his neck and probably other places on his body that clothes covered. "I have this fortune telling app on my phone that said I would fall flat on my butt today...it seams it have a sense of humor..."
The spirit you wracked chittered in irritation it was the same one you had hit earlier and it had quite enough of that, still it turned it's head towards the fly swatter and slowly backed of, deciding that Francesca was a better target for it's ire than you and it swung out some oily, black substance from it's midsection and hit the Euthanathos in the chest you heard a bone crack and the young mage screamed, Ryan pushed the wounded maga behind him
He scowled as Fran was hurt, reaching out to hit it again. It seemed to be doing something, though how much other than pissing it off he wasn't sure.
"Yeah she is in there, near the portal being pulled in by a rather big mass of the oil shit!" Ryan yelled and pointed towards Hannah's room,
"We are trying to get to her now but that mass seams remarkably resistant to magick!"
"What about going in through the sides of the room?" he suggested, trying to find a way to get around the logjam and top the issue at its source. He exchanged the magickal flyswatter for his club - if magick wasn't working, then it was time for something more old fashioned.

// melee: 5, 7, 3, 3, 9, 3

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:09 pm

Karl nodded he gave you an uncertain smile.
"I have to admit that this really do not make much sense to me, however since your magick do work and works well, I assume that you are right."
He said and he just did not seam to get what you where saying.
Colin smiled wryly, "Well, just hope that you don't get caught up in this war, as well - it's bad enough to get dragged into the more blatantly obvious good-versus-evil war between the Nephandi and us..."

"I see well it sounds like a group that really should be faugh or at least kept an eye out for, and these mages are your enemies right? But how can they work magick if they do not even believe in it?"
The vampire asked.
"Do they not know what they are?"
He shook his head, "They have managed to convince themselves that they are technological geniuses - individuals with an unusual aptitude for the newest technologies. We call it a Paradigm; how we understand the nature of Reality itself. The more people believe in a given Paradigm, the harder it is for people to force through a different Paradigm. There are places where the local Reality is a little harder or softer, but the important thing is that the Technocracy have managed to convince the vast majority of humanity - and vampires, and werewolves, and so on - that the Science Paradigm is the one that works... and all other Mages have to work against that while on Earth. There are, however, other worlds..."

"You and Miss Adlebloom are together? That is cool even if the time travel aspects of the relationship are a bit confusing, congratulations Sir."
Rosa said and smiled.
He grinned, "Well, we certainly are working on it... I just have to hope her Cabal doesn't decide I'm unworthy of her affections - though I doubt they'll dare rouse her displeasure, either."

"That is really cool, then Bee will be okey and no one will come here to try to harm her again, that is very good."
The young mage said and smiled but she clearly did not understand the implications of the whole thing yet.
He frowned, "Well... yes, close enough, I suppose. She won't remain a target for that reason, at least, but that's no reason to assume safety from everything..."

"That could be it, I really do not think I would like to be Fallen it do not sound like allot of fun why would anyone ever join them Sir?"
Rosa said then she sigh.
"Well I should get to the cafeteria and see if I can help the others with this if there is trouble."
She said and indicated the bowl of sand.
He frowned, "Because the law is bad when it comes to those who have unwittingly interacted with the Fallen... We need to get that fixed."
He smiled, "Just make sure not to spill any needlessly; I'll want the rest back, you know... Treat it as something as precious as your own blood - you don't want it to end up just anywhere."

((OOC: Yeah, Colin doesn't even have Nicole's name yet. Nor, in fact, Serge's number. Adley, Adjan, Francesca and so on get it, though - even Cita, though not Morgan, since he has a somewhat clunkier phone and wouldn't understand that devilry anyway. Wink ))

((OOC2: Quite alright. I'll follow the thread in any case, since most of the basement conversation is done now, and I'll just wait for the timelines to resync. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:11 pm

"Are you alright kid? My sister will strangle me if I let you get hurt!"
Ryan called from where he stood trying to get into Hannah's bedroom.

"I'm fine, don't worry. Angelica will strangle me next if I did something as stupid as get hurt." Serge said only now noticing his uncle and being incredibly grateful that nothing had happened to him.

Well there was several fireballs, an energy bolt, slowing down of time, something being cooked up on a smarthone, a woman chanting to some spirit in French there where spells everywhere. The overweight woman with the black oil kitten gave you a big smile and offered a plump hand down to help you up.

Serge grabbed the hand and lifted himself off of the ground. "Thanks for the save. That has got to be the coolest spell I've seen today. Serge said returning the smile and looking at the oily-black cat.

Jeffry looked at you just as he tossed his white hot fireball into Hannah's room and you heard one of the oil slick creatures screaming and fizzling into nothingness.
"Do you have experience with beings like these Mr Yager if so can you advice how we get rid of them?"
The old Hermetic asked.

"I'm afraid I don't, at least not in real life. It just sounds like a common type of enemy you find in video games. The most common way to defeat it is to keep attacking its children that come off it. The more you defeat the more children she has to create to defend herself and the more she'll shrink. Eventually she'll be too weak to defend herself." Serge said recounting the many slimes he'd killed in his fantasy RPG's.

The tall thin guy that Adley had recused looked up.
"You are right it is a bit like a giant slime monster..."
He said and smiled to you as he looked up from his phone.
"Well the mother mass is right in front of the portal and it is hard to focus on sealing it while constantly being under attack but if it's attention can be drawn I can close the portal."
Jeffry said and he glanced from you to Jon and shook his head clearly not getting what you where talking about.
In your mind's eye you saw a room much like the one you had been given but that you did not have had much time get used to yet. One wall was a black, bleeding wound in reality that really looked like part of the "level" was missing. In front of it was a huge mass of the same material as the shadowy oil slick figures where made out of, it was holding a struggling, screaming young woman of unusual beauty with oily tentacles around her limbs and around her fingers trying to drag her to the portal while she was struggling what she could. Master Sharaya and around fifteen mages you did not know where fighting the mass as well as three of it's "children" spells and bullets flying everywhere though they where trying not to hit the young woman. It seamed to you that bullets worked better than spells to do actual damage though the things where fairly durable.

"So quick update on the inside of the room. 16 mages vs 3 oil-people and mother mass. Ms. Larson is struggling but not in the portal just yet." Serge said quickly looking over the room within his mind.

"We need a distraction for it," he said, frowning. "Or something that will make it drop the girl...." he said, hurriedly.

"Can we teleport the girl out of it's clutches?" Serge suggested.

(((OOC: While Serge is looking into the room, can he see how the Mother mass is acting? Is it actively fighting back against its attackers or it putting all of its energy into dragging Hannah into the portal.)))
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:26 pm

Anja's Post:

A small grunt of satisfaction, then re-aimed at the Cryptid's leg. No more staggering for you...

[Personally, am a little loathe to fill an IC thread with posts containing simply questions - though do if I can phrase it as a IC question. And the Eagle should have 4 -2 rounds remaining, depending on calibre.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:59 pm

Adley and Serge and Nicole:

"Just be careful with what's said on them, I don't know if the phones are being tampered with or not."

"That is a fair point Mr Roth Hicks, I will be careful."
Darrian promised.

"Agreed, any suggestions would be welcome mea filius."
Jeffry said and glanced in your direction before he started on another of his white hot fireballs.

He scowled as Fran was hurt, reaching out to hit it again. It seemed to be doing something, though how much other than pissing it off he wasn't sure.

The spirit lacked a head now that Nicole had shot at it and it was clearly hurt, again it made a distressed sound and moved away when you hit at it with the flyswatter. Francesca grimaced and gave you a grateful look for helping her out. The spirit was backing away from both you and Nicole now, clearly not wanting to take more damage.

"What about going in through the sides of the room?" he suggested, trying to find a way to get around the logjam and top the issue at its source. He exchanged the magickal flyswatter for his club - if magick wasn't working, then it was time for something more old fashioned.

"That can actually work, the problem is that going through the walls will create allot of noise and will dra the things' attention...which might be good as then less will be guarding he mother mass and the portal. Ok then I will go with you and we will attack from the side, see if we can create and opening to get the portal closed."
Your Mentor said as he moved towards Cita's rooms, they where not in regular use and probably the Virtual Adept where not there at the moment so it was the best choice for a room to destroy the wall of.

You got a message from Colin on your phone that contained a app it message read:

"Freddy asked me to pass this on - green dots for humans, blue dots for spirits. I'm heading for miss Larson the younger, to try to prevent any abduction."

"I'm fine, don't worry. Angelica will strangle me next if I did something as stupid as get hurt." Serge said only now noticing his uncle and being incredibly grateful that nothing had happened to him.

"Yes she will, and she will scowl, there will be so much scowling so you better stay safe kid!"
Ryan said then he put his earbud back into his ears as he continued to try to find a way into the room with the portal to help Hannah.

Serge grabbed the hand and lifted himself off of the ground. "Thanks for the save. That has got to be the coolest spell I've seen today. Serge said returning the smile and looking at the oily-black cat.

The woman smiled.
"Ah you are to kind young Sir."
She said in a warm tone of voice and held out the kitten to you, it behaved like a kitten would an stretched out it's tiny, oil black paws to play with your fingers.

"I'm afraid I don't, at least not in real life. It just sounds like a common type of enemy you find in video games. The most common way to defeat it is to keep attacking its children that come off it. The more you defeat the more children she has to create to defend herself and the more she'll shrink. Eventually she'll be too weak to defend herself." Serge said recounting the many slimes he'd killed in his fantasy RPG's.

"Hum...well these computer games you speak of are alien to me Mr Yager."
The Chief said and frowned.
"My specialty is not this damned modern technology really however from what we have said it might be you are right that continuing to banish her ehm...children will weaken the mother mass until we can take her out...it seams to be the best plan at the moment."
The old mage said and gave you a small nod.

"So quick update on the inside of the room. 16 mages vs 3 oil-people and mother mass. Ms. Larson is struggling but not in the portal just yet." Serge said quickly looking over the room within his mind.

Several of the combatants nodded at that.

"It was the first thing we tried but the mass in there prevents magick...that is why Master Sharaya is in there he is hoping that if he can get over to Miss Larson and touch her that might be enough to teleport her out."
The thin man Adley had saved replied as he glanced up from his phone.

Nicole you shot at the creature's leg, shot and the oil like creature fell to the floor and flailed about all the while making the strange chittering sound, at least it was now down on the floor and not attacking.

(OOC: You did another two lethal.)
(OOC 2: Ok you can post ooc questions and such in an occ thread or on PM but what Nicole do with her magick and her actions I would like you to post in game. Do that work for you?)
(OOC 3: The mother mass is just focusing on dragging Hannah through the portal and spawning new defenders from it's own body.)

Colin:

Colin smiled wryly, "Well, just hope that you don't get caught up in this war, as well - it's bad enough to get dragged into the more blatantly obvious good-versus-evil war between the Nephandi and us..."

"Yes I have enough with the conflicts of my own society, however yes with these Nephandi the Abigail woman had to be stopped so I get why Tyler involved herself in that."
Karl said and nodded.

He shook his head, "They have managed to convince themselves that they are technological geniuses - individuals with an unusual aptitude for the newest technologies. We call it a Paradigm; how we understand the nature of Reality itself. The more people believe in a given Paradigm, the harder it is for people to force through a different Paradigm. There are places where the local Reality is a little harder or softer, but the important thing is that the Technocracy have managed to convince the vast majority of humanity - and vampires, and werewolves, and so on - that the Science Paradigm is the one that works... and all other Mages have to work against that while on Earth. There are, however, other worlds..."

The vampire looked rather confused.
"I have...read similar things in books on philosophy but I have never really gotten it. In either case these Technocrats sounds just like the Elders of my own society, they want to lord over everyone else and tell everyone what they should do and I have had just about enough of that from dusty old vampires I do not need it from a bunch of technological mages as well."
He said firmly and frowned.

He grinned, "Well, we certainly are working on it... I just have to hope her Cabal doesn't decide I'm unworthy of her affections - though I doubt they'll dare rouse her displeasure, either."

"If you care about it all you have to do is show that and I am sure you will have nothing to worry about with her Cabal Sir."
Rosa said and giggled.

He frowned, "Well... yes, close enough, I suppose. She won't remain a target for that reason, at least, but that's no reason to assume safety from everything..."

Rosa looked rather confused but she just nodded and did not ask further about it.

He frowned, "Because the law is bad when it comes to those who have unwittingly interacted with the Fallen... We need to get that fixed."

"The laws are bad Sir? Can I ask what those laws are I have only been a mage for a month I have not learned everything about this society yet? I thought our laws where simple and rather fair are they not?"
The young Cultist asked.

He smiled, "Just make sure not to spill any needlessly; I'll want the rest back, you know... Treat it as something as precious as your own blood - you don't want it to end up just anywhere."

"I will be very careful Sir, I am not going to spill anything and I will get you everything of it back unless we are attacked."
The young mage promised and gave you a reassuring smile.

(OOC: Jeffry do not even know what a app is so no he can not install it. Adley can send the app to Serge at least but I do not know if he have Nicole's number.)

(OOC: Yeah we can finish up a few conversations and then move Colin into the fight when a little bit of time have passed to get him into sync with the rest.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:45 am

"So quick update on the inside of the room. 16 mages vs 3 oil-people and mother mass. Ms. Larson is struggling but not in the portal just yet."
Adley made a face. That was a lot of people in one area...but at least Hannah wasn't pulled though. He thought about it and asked, "Is there a way to stop it budding off bits of itself?"
"It was the first thing we tried but the mass in there prevents magick...that is why Master Sharaya is in there he is hoping that if he can get over to Miss Larson and touch her that might be enough to teleport her out."
He looked at Jon with an even more alarmed expression on his face. "He should not be in there...with that!" Not that anyone should really...or for that matter, the spirit be in the damn chantry at all.
"That can actually work, the problem is that going through the walls will create allot of noise and will dra the things' attention...which might be good as then less will be guarding he mother mass and the portal. Ok then I will go with you and we will attack from the side, see if we can create and opening to get the portal closed."
"We need to clear the area we're going through so people don't get hurt," he added, "then we can try to work on the portal and wards if it gets distracted," he said, as he followed. "Who is going to hold them off here and who is coming with?"

You got a message from Colin on your phone...
He picked the phone up and flicked it open to quickly scanned what the message was about and then shoved it back away for the moment.

// Adley doesn't have Nic nor Serge's phone numbers yet either and he's a bit busy to think to ask, someone might think to pass it to Jon though

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:13 am

He looked at Jon with an even more alarmed expression on his face. "He should not be in there...with that!" Not that anyone should really...or for that matter, the spirit be in the damn chantry at all.

"No he probably should not but then again neither should any of us Adley."
Jon said and sigh.
"But I do hope the Deacon will not get hurt."

"We need to clear the area we're going through so people don't get hurt," he added, "then we can try to work on the portal and wards if it gets distracted," he said, as he followed. "Who is going to hold them off here and who is coming with?"

"Hum...let us bring Miss Bouchard with us along with Mr Riez to break through the wall mea filius the others will keep the oil creatures busy here."
Jeffry said and signaled to Nicole and the scribe that they should come along.
"I will take care of warning those on the other side of the wall."
He said as Antonio came over to you and he waited for Nicole to be done with the creature she had cripple so she could do the same.
"We should probably bring young Mr Yager as well his abilities can be useful."
Jeffry said as an afterthought and he waved Serge over as well.

As you stood there Jon got a message on his phone and he smiled and pressed a few buttons and called.
"Chief Morgan, Chief Morgan we have a map of sorts of where they are!"
The young Virtual Adept said as he waved his phone in the air and Jeffry just looked confused.

(OOC: It is a good chance Colin sent the message to Jon as well as you are all technically in the same Cabal.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:30 pm

Anja's Posts:

'Oh, it wants to retreat just because it's losing?' Nicole thought, re-aiming and sending a couple of rounds into the Slick's torso. If it didn't finish it off, it should cripple it enough so it wasn't a threat any longer. [Repeating Rote from before]

On seeing the signal from Jeffrey, she'll move towards him, re-loading the pistol if needs be.

[What calibre is the Eagle? If it's .357, she's got two rounds left and so won't reload. If it's .50, she's out and will.]

[I thought I had posted all IC actions/things here already; the bits I wasn't were questions for info to make said decisions.]

[Nicole doesn't have her phone on her at the moment either; it's in her coat pocket along with her smokes in the lab.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:41 pm

You fire at the retreating oil like creature it give a final chittering scream and sort of just vanish, it was no longer able to maintain it's physical form, or perhaps it died, it was hard to say for sure. Jeffry looked over at you.
"We are going to go through the wall of a neighboring room, hopefully either we can draw enough attention to us that some of those already in Miss Larson's bedroom can get the portal closed or we can get to the portal itself, try to do as much damage to our unwelcome guests as you can but make sure you do not hit our own people."
Jeffry informed you and Antonio as he headed to the room further down the hall adjacent to the one the trouble was in.
"Any questions?"

(OOC: I have not been rolling for a rote since you have not yet described how Nicole do her magick, she is a technomancer she have to use technology in some way to make her effects happen. I have been rolling dex plus firearms regularly. This time you did 3 lethal.)

(OOC 2: Most of them yes not all of them and not descriptions of how Nicole works magick.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:17 pm

The woman smiled.
"Ah you are to kind young Sir."
She said in a warm tone of voice and held out the kitten to you, it behaved like a kitten would an stretched out it's tiny, oil black paws to play with your fingers.

"Awww, Look at the little guy. He just tried to kill me but now he's cool." Serge said marveling at the playful cat before returning his focus back to the battle.

Adley wrote:Adley made a face. That was a lot of people in one area...but at least Hannah wasn't pulled though. He thought about it and asked, "Is there a way to stop it budding off bits of itself?"

"That seems to be its main method of attack. My guess is that it needs to grow small enough to the point where it can't bud off anymore. But that's just my guess. Perhaps their is some weakness the stops it from self-replicating. Do we have anyone more knowledgeable with spirits that can shed some light on this thing?" Serge asked.

Jeffry said as an afterthought and he waved Serge over as well.

Hearing his name, Serge opened his eyes and saw Jeffry wave him over. "Sure thing I'll try and help in any way that I can.".

"I should probably tell you guys. The main mass doesn't seem to be fighting itself. It's solely focused on dragging Ms. Larson into the portal and spawning its children to fight for her. I'm not sure if that because it can't fight or it chooses to focus on it's main objective.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:11 pm

"Awww, Look at the little guy. He just tried to kill me but now he's cool." Serge said marveling at the playful cat before returning his focus back to the battle.

Deaconess O'Connor gave you a warm smile for a moment then she walked over to the other fighting mages to lend her strength to the other defenders, still with the little oil kitten on her arm.

"That seems to be its main method of attack. My guess is that it needs to grow small enough to the point where it can't bud off anymore. But that's just my guess. Perhaps their is some weakness the stops it from self-replicating. Do we have anyone more knowledgeable with spirits that can shed some light on this thing?" Serge asked.

"Well not to brag but I...have some knowledge of Umbroods and I have been able to figure out little save that this spirit is tormented, Dynamic and corrupted...but other than that learning anything from the creature have proved somewhat complicated."
Jeffry said and scratched his chin for a moment before he made another fireball and tossed it at one of the creatures that had crawled out of Hannah's room.
"I do tend to agree with you though, very well we will destroy the mother mass's progeny and see if that is the road to taking her out."
He agreed.

Hearing his name, Serge opened his eyes and saw Jeffry wave him over. "Sure thing I'll try and help in any way that I can.".

"Thank you Mr Yager."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.

"I should probably tell you guys. The main mass doesn't seem to be fighting itself. It's solely focused on dragging Ms. Larson into the portal and spawning its children to fight for her. I'm not sure if that because it can't fight or it chooses to focus on it's main objective.

"Let us hope it is the former, but be prepared for the latter."
Jeffry said as he walked up to the door in question and knocked on it just to be sure Cita was not there before he opened it and went inside.
"I will warn out people to stay away from the wall and then make us a passage, get ready."
He advices as his hands started moving quickly and he muttered something in Latin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:18 pm

The vampire looked rather confused.
"I have...read similar things in books on philosophy but I have never really gotten it. In either case these Technocrats sounds just like the Elders of my own society, they want to lord over everyone else and tell everyone what they should do and I have had just about enough of that from dusty old vampires I do not need it from a bunch of technological mages as well."
He said firmly and frowned.
Colin nodded slowly, "That's really the key thing... With the Nephandi, the battle is over the continued existence of Reality. With the Technocracy, the battle is over whe controls Reality and the nature of Magic. The former is one in which vampires, werebeasts and all sorts of things that go bump in the night have a clear and pretty damn obvious interest, the latter... not quite so much, really."

"If you care about it all you have to do is show that and I am sure you will have nothing to worry about with her Cabal Sir."
Rosa said and giggled.
He smiled, "One question they asked, which I am not entirely certain I can answer is whether or not I am a good man... I... will admit I have strayed from what I myself would characterize as 'good', but not without carefully weighing options and consequences beforehand... But yes, I suppose things are likely to go well, what with my apprentice dropping by from that future."

Rosa looked rather confused but she just nodded and did not ask further about it.
He sighed, "There's always some new darkness looming on the horizon. Sometimes it is personal, other times it's not, but both can yet do harm..."

"The laws are bad Sir? Can I ask what those laws are I have only been a mage for a month I have not learned everything about this society yet? I thought our laws where simple and rather fair are they not?"
The young Cultist asked.
He nodded thoughtfully, "The laws themselves, or more to the point, the Protocols, are quite simple and straightforward. It's the penal code, the consequences of breaking the Protocols, whether deliberately or by accident, that has some... harmful elements. When the punishment for being Fallen is the same as the punishment for unwittingly associating with a Nephandus, why not go all the way just to stay alive and able to use magic? It's... that sort of thing that needs to be drastically tidied up..."

"I will be very careful Sir, I am not going to spill anything and I will get you everything of it back unless we are attacked."
The young mage promised and gave you a reassuring smile.
He nodded and saluted her with a small smile, "Very good. I will see you later."

((OOC: It's fair to assume Colin sent the message to almost everyone who's been with the Chantry for at least a few months - he'd likely have most of the phone numbers saved as a matter of practicality, in case there's anyone he needed to reach, or if necessary to pass on a message from someone whose phone had an unfortunate encounter with gravity or the like. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Colin nodded slowly, "That's really the key thing... With the Nephandi, the battle is over the continued existence of Reality. With the Technocracy, the battle is over whe controls Reality and the nature of Magic. The former is one in which vampires, werebeasts and all sorts of things that go bump in the night have a clear and pretty damn obvious interest, the latter... not quite so much, really."

Karl nodded at that.
"I see, well knowing all these mage factions is out there is not comforting to say the least but knowing is better than not knowing I guess, though I do not really want to get involved in your conflicts it seams that if either these Nephandi or the Technocracy wins it will be bad for my kind so we might have to."
The vampire commented and frowned.

He smiled, "One question they asked, which I am not entirely certain I can answer is whether or not I am a good man... I... will admit I have strayed from what I myself would characterize as 'good', but not without carefully weighing options and consequences beforehand... But yes, I suppose things are likely to go well, what with my apprentice dropping by from that future."

"I do not know the things you have done Mr Wainwright so I can't judge and I would have no right to anyway, but you have always been nice to me, I think you are a good man and I am sure Miss Adlebloom's Cabal will see that as well."
Rosa said and she gave you a reassuring smile.

He sighed, "There's always some new darkness looming on the horizon. Sometimes it is personal, other times it's not, but both can yet do harm..."

That did not make the young Cultist any less confused.

He nodded thoughtfully, "The laws themselves, or more to the point, the Protocols, are quite simple and straightforward. It's the penal code, the consequences of breaking the Protocols, whether deliberately or by accident, that has some... harmful elements. When the punishment for being Fallen is the same as the punishment for unwittingly associating with a Nephandus, why not go all the way just to stay alive and able to use magic? It's... that sort of thing that needs to be drastically tidied up..."

"One get executed for associating with a Nephandus Sir even when you don't know that they are Fallen? I mean it is not like they wear matching tshirts, the barista at the coffee bar I prefer could be a Nephandus for all I know, that sounds really unfair!"
Rosa said and she looked rather shocked.
"And yeah I guess you are right Sir that short of thing would drive many to join the Fallen if they gets punished anyway then many will think they are screwed so why not."
She agreed and frowned.
"Those laws should be changed."

He nodded and saluted her with a small smile, "Very good. I will see you later."

Rosa giggled again and gave you a small curtsy.
"Later then Sir."
She said.

(OOC: Ok that works. And I will let Colin join the fray next post, I think this have been about the right amount of time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:11 pm

"That seems to be its main method of attack. My guess is that it needs to grow small enough to the point where it can't bud off anymore. But that's just my guess. Perhaps their is some weakness the stops it from self-replicating. Do we have anyone more knowledgeable with spirits that can shed some light on this thing?"

"Never seen this kind before and while it's got the girl and portal open we can't use the gauntlet..."
"Hum...let us bring Miss Bouchard with us along with Mr Riez to break through the wall mea filius the others will keep the oil creatures busy here." Jeffry said and signaled to Nicole and the scribe that they should come along. "I will take care of warning those on the other side of the wall." He said as Antonio came over to you and he waited for Nicole to be done with the creature she had cripple so she could do the same.
"Right," he agreed with a nod, ready to go.
Jon got a message on his phone and he smiled and pressed a few buttons and called. "Chief Morgan, Chief Morgan we have a map of sorts of where they are!"
"It's on our phones, he explained quickly. "Shows where people and spirits are, I can show you..."
"Sure thing I'll try and help in any way that I can.".

He nodded to Serge's comment, frowning.
"We are going to go through the wall of a neighboring room, hopefully either we can draw enough attention to us that some of those already in Miss Larson's bedroom can get the portal closed or we can get to the portal itself, try to do as much damage to our unwelcome guests as you can but make sure you do not hit our own people....Jeffry said as he walked up to the door in question and knocked on it just to be sure Cita was not there before he opened it and went inside. "I will warn out people to stay away from the wall and then make us a passage, get ready."
"Yes, sir."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:52 pm

"Never seen this kind before and while it's got the girl and portal open we can't use the gauntlet..."

"Hum...no we can not...or can we...you have given me an idea mea filius, perhaps this could work if I can be given a moment undisturbed in there I might be able to bring the Gauntlet itself down on the portal like a sword, severing it from it's source of power."
Jeffry said and he looked thoughtful for a moment.
"That might be the quickest way to close it."

"It's on our phones, he explained quickly. "Shows where people and spirits are, I can show you..."

"Yes if you would please show me mea filius I do not trust the dreadful little things but it might make it easier to aim when going through the wall and also lets us see if we have anyone else to worry about in the Chantry."

"Yes, sir."

Jeffry got done with sending the warning then he started a new spell, his hands hanged how they moved, the gestures where short and crisp as he called for the Lords of Air to assist him and a section of wall simply burst into Hannah's room, leaving a dust cloud, there was a terrible noise full of screams and the sounds of battle in there though for a moment at least the attackers seamed a little surprised that someone was breaking down the walls.

(OOC: If I can have an initiative roll for those who are going with Jeffry into the heat of battle. Nicole I rolled for you and you got 7.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:33 pm

Anja's Post:

'Just one: what does she look like?' Nicole said, approaching Jeffrey, reloading the pistol.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:57 pm

"Miss Larson? She is tall, in her mid twenties with blond hair and clear blue eyes, she will be the one being held by the main mass of this spirit we find ourself under the attack of."
Jeffry said and glanced into the bedroom he had just made a opening into.

(OOC: I will let the others reply with their rolls before moving on with the battle.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:27 am

"Let us hope it is the former, but be prepared for the latter."
Jeffry said as he walked up to the door in question and knocked on it just to be sure Cita was not there before he opened it and went inside.
"I will warn out people to stay away from the wall and then make us a passage, get ready."
He advices as his hands started moving quickly and he muttered something in Latin.
Jeffry got done with sending the warning then he started a new spell, his hands hanged how they moved, the gestures where short and crisp as he called for the Lords of Air to assist him and a section of wall simply burst into Hannah's room, leaving a dust cloud, there was a terrible noise full of screams and the sounds of battle in there though for a moment at least the attackers seamed a little surprised that someone was breaking down the walls.

Serge nodded and began to prepare. He made sure not to actually enter Hannah's room where the actual combat was going to happen and instead stayed back and focused on the battle from a safe distance.

Flipping through his sketchbook to a new page and began drawing preparing for his next spell. A series of men all colored in black with a large inky black shape looming behind them. He knew that the ink-people were resistant to magick but he also knew that his first spell had affected the ink-man.

(OOC: Does Serge need to roll if he is not going into the heat battle but instead will stay in the back? If he does than his initiative is 1d10+5. I rolled 4 so his initiative is 9)

(OOC2: Dex+Art to prepare the next picture and lower difficulty of the next arete roll using that picture.

Roll: 9, 2, 7, 7, 2, 3 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:14 am

Hum...no we can not...or can we...you have given me an idea mea filius, perhaps this could work if I can be given a moment undisturbed in there I might be able to bring the Gauntlet itself down on the portal like a sword, severing it from it's source of power." Jeffry said and he looked thoughtful for a moment. "That might be the quickest way to close it."

"Shut the door on them," he said with a nod.

"Yes if you would please show me mea filius I do not trust the dreadful little things but it might make it easier to aim when going through the wall and also lets us see if we have anyone else to worry about in the Chantry."

"Good point," he said, and downloaded the application so that he could check out what was going on in the chantry and show his pater.

He watched as the Chief wove his spell and then part of the wall crumbled in front of them and made a fresh new door. With the moment of surprise in their favor, he looked around to see what the hell was happening exactly in Hannah's room.

// initiative - 1d10(2)+dex(3)+wits(3)-2=6

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:29 am

Flipping through his sketchbook to a new page and began drawing preparing for his next spell. A series of men all colored in black with a large inky black shape looming behind them. He knew that the ink-people were resistant to magick but he also knew that his first spell had affected the ink-man.

You drew your picture quickly and with some skill and it seamed to go rather well, you are pretty sure that with using this picture you can more easily cast magick on the oil like creatures inside of Hannah's bedroom.

"Shut the door on them," he said with a nod.

"Exactly that..."
Jeffry said and smiled.

"Good point," he said, and downloaded the application so that he could check out what was going on in the chantry and show his pater.

The screen came alive with little dots and maps of Steelhaven, you could see that the non combatants where hiding in the cafeteria, you saw the correct amount of people in the basement rooms, the vampires where not marked out on the map though. There where three spirits in the Chief's office, probably he had asked his imps to hide there. You saw the currently two spirits outside in the hallway and three along with the center mass inside the bedroom, across the hall where Antonio's room where though there where no guardian spirit. You saw some other rooms had one or two spirits which was as it should be, there was one spirit down in the basement which would be Truth, and Mundi had a dot and a whole mass of tiny dots around you marked the little spiderlings.
"That is actually quite useful mea filius..."
Jeffry said and nodded approvingly.

He watched as the Chief wove his spell and then part of the wall crumbled in front of them and made a fresh new door. With the moment of surprise in their favor, he looked around to see what the hell was happening exactly in Hannah's room.

Narim was hurt, one arm was hanging down his side uselessly he was still moving towards Hanna though. Hildegard was singing as she desperately tried to fight with the creatures in there. George Steelhaven himself was dispatching the spirits with some efficiency but the mother mass was continuing to send more towards him to keep him pinned, Dion was on the floor clearly hurt but breathing. The rest of Steelhaven's magi where further into the room so it was hard to see what they where doing but there appeared to be at least two more inside the room fighting. The mother mass to hit after hit but appeared to be rather durable. Hannah was being held by the mass tentacles and was being dragged towards a wound in reality that was a portal in the back of the room.

Jeffry went first and he muttered a few words and quickly begun making swords out of the air itself to try to cut Hannah free.
"The Primus is even faster than me if we can get the enemies off him he might be able to close the portal."
He shouted afterwards.

(OOC: Well then if Serge is doing something for the battle then of the player character he go first, then Nicole and then Adley and I have a list of the manifested spirits and the other magi.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:56 am

"I do not know the things you have done Mr Wainwright so I can't judge and I would have no right to anyway, but you have always been nice to me, I think you are a good man and I am sure Miss Adlebloom's Cabal will see that as well."
Rosa said and she gave you a reassuring smile.
Colin smiled warmly, "I'm glad you think so... And yes, I suppose I'll manage to win them over, if nothing else, then with my cooking..."

That did not make the young Cultist any less confused.
He smiled sadly, "We're in a war, miss Olsen. This past week's troubles have just been a relatively minor flare-up of that... There will be other crises."

"One get executed for associating with a Nephandus Sir even when you don't know that they are Fallen? I mean it is not like they wear matching tshirts, the barista at the coffee bar I prefer could be a Nephandus for all I know, that sounds really unfair!"
Rosa said and she looked rather shocked.
"And yeah I guess you are right Sir that short of thing would drive many to join the Fallen if they gets punished anyway then many will think they are screwed so why not."
She agreed and frowned.
"Those laws should be changed."
He nodded, "We'll be attacking that problem once the other more pressing problems are dealt with..."

Colin skimmed the locations of people and spirits on the way up the stairs, quickly running a tally on known people in the Chantry, and not really coming up with a definite answer as to whether there were anyone in the building who should not be there... a lot more spirits than he'd expected, though, especially on the floor where Hannah Larson was supposed to be. He pocketed the gun and phone, and took the stairs two steps at a time, beginning to hum the first few bars of "Mr. Sandman", scooping a small handful of the sand up in his free hand.

((OOC: Huh, I didn't actually post yesterday? Well, then... Razz Initiative roll for Colin, just in case, I rolled an 8, so 14. ))

((OOC2: Actually, there should be two spirits in the basement - Engrave should be happily carving away down there, too.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:01 am

Colin smiled warmly, "I'm glad you think so... And yes, I suppose I'll manage to win them over, if nothing else, then with my cooking..."

Rosa smiled.
"Cooking is the way to allot of hearts Sir."
She said and then she added.
"I think that non of us are completely, perfectly clean and good the best we can do is to try to do things as best we can and try to be good people even if we do not always success."

He smiled sadly, "We're in a war, miss Olsen. This past week's troubles have just been a relatively minor flare-up of that... There will be other crises."

"Yeah I guess you are right about that Sir...and that scared me allot."
Rosa said and shook her head.
"It is a fine mess I have found myself in after I played violin for a one night stand and Awakened by accident..."
She said with a thin smile.

He nodded, "We'll be attacking that problem once the other more pressing problems are dealt with..."

"Yeah we will...do you think we can change them Sir? Well i guess it is a topic for later, I am not going to keep you, our Chantry needs saving..."
The young Cultist said before she left.

Colin skimmed the locations of people and spirits on the way up the stairs, quickly running a tally on known people in the Chantry, and not really coming up with a definite answer as to whether there were anyone in the building who should not be there... a lot more spirits than he'd expected, though, especially on the floor where Hannah Larson was supposed to be. He pocketed the gun and phone, and took the stairs two steps at a time, beginning to hum the first few bars of "Mr. Sandman", scooping a small handful of the sand up in his free hand.

There where three more magi in the Chantry than the residents and guests you knew of would account for you think but they could be more guests.

You get up to the third floor just as a oil colored humanoid being tossed Arn right into a wall and then turned to pummel the young Solificato further. Deaconess O'Connor stood there with a similar colored kitten on her arm and she was chanting or singing in something that sounded very much like what fantasy authors have described as Elven, the rest of the corridor was chaos, several of Steelhaven's magi was fighting against several of the black oil slick creatures while from Hannah's room there where the sounds of more combat and Hannah herself was screaming.

Jon came over to you he pointed his phone at the creature attacking Arn and it started looking confused, it still tried to pummel the wounded alchemist but was hitting the wall instead as if it could not find the young mage in space.
"Things are going to hell in a hand basket Colin!"
Jon grunted he had a nasty bruise around his neck.

(OOC: Colin is a quick bastard then, also you are right, good catch there are two spirits in the basement thank you. )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:39 pm

Rosa smiled.
"Cooking is the way to allot of hearts Sir."
She said and then she added.
"I think that non of us are completely, perfectly clean and good the best we can do is to try to do things as best we can and try to be good people even if we do not always success."
Colin nodded sagely, "Yes, all we can do is our best... even if sometimes our hands are forced."

"Yeah I guess you are right about that Sir...and that scared me allot."
Rosa said and shook her head.
"It is a fine mess I have found myself in after I played violin for a one night stand and Awakened by accident..."
She said with a thin smile.
He smiled wryly, "Believe me, miss Olsen, you certainly got the better deal of the two of us in that regard. Unless, of course, that one night stand was unbelievably bad."

"Yeah we will...do you think we can change them Sir? Well i guess it is a topic for later, I am not going to keep you, our Chantry needs saving..."
The young Cultist said before she left.
He nodded, "We need popular pressure - and I think we can get that."

There where three more magi in the Chantry than the residents and guests you knew of would account for you think but they could be more guests.
He frowned, "We've been entertaining more visitors lately. Bad timing for them, I suppose... wait, Serge was pretty focused on the number three... I'll have to ask."

You get up to the third floor just as a oil colored humanoid being tossed Arn right into a wall and then turned to pummel the young Solificato further. Deaconess O'Connor stood there with a similar colored kitten on her arm and she was chanting or singing in something that sounded very much like what fantasy authors have described as Elven, the rest of the corridor was chaos, several of Steelhaven's magi was fighting against several of the black oil slick creatures while from Hannah's room there where the sounds of more combat and Hannah herself was screaming.

Jon came over to you he pointed his phone at the creature attacking Arn and it started looking confused, it still tried to pummel the wounded alchemist but was hitting the wall instead as if it could not find the young mage in space.
"Things are going to hell in a hand basket Colin!"
Jon grunted he had a nasty bruise around his neck.
He frowned at the chaos, then nodded to Jon, "Time to see if this works on everything corrupt, then, and not just the Fallen themselves. Sand's usually good to deal with oil spills in any case..."
He flung the handful of sand at the nearest oily thing and hoped for the best.

((OOC: What, if anything, would I roll to throw a handful of sand?))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17 ... 31  Next