Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

+2
Adley
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 21 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Adley Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:09 pm

"Off course she is, she is not meant to interact with others than you, not as long as she is you or at least not unless there are some very special circumstances in play, but yes she is healthy and strong so there is no need to worry Adley."

'Special circumstances like what? In my quietus, I thought I was a different host, a different person entirely that she experienced. But yet she is always there with me, or perhaps it is more true that I am-will always be with her, for her it is always thisnow. I know quiet is not reliable per se for garnering information but there was truths or at least some wisdom in it even if I was not quite in my own mind.'

Beatrice moaned in her sleep and begged. "No...please...don't...don't do it!" As she twisted in a nightmare but as Cita gently stroked her hair she settled down again and went back to sleep.

He opened his eyes and gave her a concerned glance, but Cita calmed her.

Amadeus returned after about ten minutes and he tossed a linen bag of herbs over to you and a pack of sealed in package needles. "Here...have she been calm while I have been away?" He asked and gave Beatrice a concerned look.

He raised an eyebrow at him, as he hadn't been expecting dry goods. "She awoke once distressed but calmed down swiftly," he said. "She has remembrances...perhaps when she is a little stronger those may be treated as she decides." He looked a little worried, but she was resting somewhat which was better. Still it would tax her over time to be unable to rest for a good stretch. "What should I do with these, sir?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22 - Page 21 Empty Re: Primium, Books and Risky Endeavors IC Thread 22

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:23 pm

'Special circumstances like what? In my quietus, I thought I was a different host, a different person entirely that she experienced. But yet she is always there with me, or perhaps it is more true that I am-will always be with her, for her it is always thisnow. I know quiet is not reliable per se for garnering information but there was truths or at least some wisdom in it even if I was not quite in my own mind.'

"A Quiet is an insanity created by your Avatar to protect your mind from some trauma, I do not find it strange to learn yours created one from memories from your former life. In a way you are that person and he or she is you, for you are both your other lives and you are not."
Cita said.
"By special circumstances I mean when an Avatar think their hosts needs it they might do small things in the world like talking with another Avatar, manifesting in some way to communicate or in other way interacting with the world, that do happen."
She explained.

He opened his eyes and gave her a concerned glance, but Cita calmed her.

Cita sat with Beatrice until the young Verbena had settled completely down again, then she went back to her computer and continued typing.

He raised an eyebrow at him, as he hadn't been expecting dry goods. "She awoke once distressed but calmed down swiftly," he said. "She has remembrances...perhaps when she is a little stronger those may be treated as she decides."

"I am hoping she will consent to let Master Steelhaven treat her before he leaves to become a Postulant, and if not that we can find a therapist for her, I am concerned about Beatrice's state of mind as well."
Amadeus said and frowned before he sat back down with his apprentice.
"What she have been though is so horrible, I do not know how she is able to deal with it and not go insane."
He muttered and shook his head as he gently patted Bee on the cheek careful not to wake her, he was clearly very worried about his student.

He looked a little worried, but she was resting somewhat which was better. Still it would tax her over time to be unable to rest for a good stretch. "What should I do with these, sir?"

"Get a paper coffee cup so you can burn it afterwards to avoid arcane connections, that should make you happy Flambeau to get to burn something, anyway add two teaspoons of the herbs to the cup, prick your finger and add a drop of blood then add boiling water, let steep for a few moments then drink the tea, repeat it when the pain returns a few hours later, this will mask your pain but do remember that sooner or later you will need to rest or you will end up killing yourself."
Amadeus explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:14 pm

In a way you are that person and he or she is you, for you are both your other lives and you are not." Cita said. "By special circumstances I mean when an Avatar think their hosts needs it they might do small things in the world like talking with another Avatar, manifesting in some way to communicate or in other way interacting with the world, that do happen." She explained.

He looked thoughtful and then nodded to her. Yes, his sister's avatar had tried to talk to him. He'd been understandably concerned...afraid if he was being honest, yes he'd been afraid of what it could do to him and his own avatar. But he'd seen it, what Cita had seen only as a code, but what Beatrice had so often painted on canvases she hid in her room.

"I am hoping she will consent to let Master Steelhaven treat her before he leaves to become a Postulant, and if not that we can find a therapist for her, I am concerned about Beatrice's state of mind as well." Amadeus said and frowned before he sat back down with his apprentice. "What she have been though is so horrible, I do not know how she is able to deal with it and not go insane." He muttered

"She is strong, and has support..."

"Get a paper coffee cup so you can burn it afterwards to avoid arcane connections, that should make you happy Flambeau to get to burn something, anyway add two teaspoons of the herbs to the cup, prick your finger and add a drop of blood then add boiling water, let steep for a few moments then drink the tea, repeat it when the pain returns a few hours later, this will mask your pain but do remember that sooner or later you will need to rest or you will end up killing yourself."
Amadeus explained.

Adley gave him a wry look at his comment about being happy about burning things and then repeated the instructions, as much for himself to learn it as to make sure he had heard it correctly. "Thank you. I do not know when I will be able to rest - first we must secure tomorrow's existence...but I hear you. How long do you figure I should go before resting? Given what is coming I mean."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:09 pm

"She is strong, and has support..."

"Off course she is strong she is my apprentice!"
Amadeus declared proudly.
"And yes she have support but I have to admit I still worry for her, I worry allot."
He said and looked down at the sleeping widderslainte.

Adley gave him a wry look at his comment about being happy about burning things and then repeated the instructions, as much for himself to learn it as to make sure he had heard it correctly.

Amadeus just nodded as you repeated the instructions he had given to confirm that you had them right.

"Thank you. I do not know when I will be able to rest - first we must secure tomorrow's existence...but I hear you. How long do you figure I should go before resting? Given what is coming I mean."

"You should be resting now Mr Roth Hicks but as you said we need to secure tomorrow's existence so I will say until the Nephandi are beaten but then you have to go of the tea no matter how tempting it might be to keep the pain away, also do not use more of your hearth's blood your body can not stand much more and you do not have training in understanding just how far you can push it and live, so just do what you must and then rest."
The old Verbena said and sigh.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:15 am

"Ah I see well forgive me for choosing the wrong term then."
Richard said and grinned while Freddy giggled.
"Ah yes we are geeks alright and we love it."
The Virtual Adept commented before she hugged you again.
Colin chuckled softly, "Well, if it helps, I believe the preferred nomenclature for those who care about the distinction is 'dorks'. All the same, terminology is quite important in all things, however small and insignificant they may seem from the outside..."

"I can make that deal, a duel for Isabella's honor once you have had some time to learn under what did you call him Dr Lee? He was one of the group that went to Morningstar right? Well in either case I can agree to a duel in a few months."
Kristina said as she regarded you.
He nodded, "If that will satisfy your righteous anger, then that is acceptable. Dr. Lee is the Akashic of my Cabal, so I have reason to hope there will be fairly swift progress to any training he gives me. I do, however, have one request for the terms of the duel: that the details of the grievance be kept confidential. That I took advantage of Miss Jarden's good faith and incurred your wrath is not an issue, but the fact that I intended to, if necessary, use her blood as a weapon in such a manner... I would rather that not get out, to reduce the chance of someone not comprehending the full scope of the consequences deciding to pull that maneuver again."

"That is good to hear, do you often have visions of the future Mr Wainwright? Do they usually prove to be right?"
Kristina asked and she raised an eyebrow.
He frowned, then counted off on his fingers, "Hum, I think it's been about six or seven... since Thursday. And the ones that have provided information relating to what I've done immediately after have been essentially spot on - a renegade Technocrat cyborg who helped rescue miss Bergen from Nicolai's apartment, precisely what the Avatar suppression serum does to the, hm, recipient, details about an inheritance Chief Morgan received - and my knowledge of that rather spooked the Mercere who arrived wth the message, I'm afraid - and some crucial information received from your friend when Anna and I visit in France in December... hum, that might become something of a paradox now, though..."
He frowned, "And a number of other little details, some pertaining to events years down the line, when i reminisce about the insane stunts I get up to this week... But in short, without those visions, I would likely be dead half a dozen times over, and others would have fallen with me. If not for the rogue Technocrat, we wouldn't have been able to punch through the ward on Nocilai's apartment without fatalities..."

"While I agree that Miss Carlyle should be given some consideration in court due to the circumstances of her Fall I was however referring to Miss Alexander who I was told is a widderslainte as shocking as those news might be and her nature as a widderslainte is why the Traditions tried to Gilgul her."
The Verbena said and she raised an eyebrow.
He nodded, "Ah, I thought you were talking about visiting poor miss Carlyle. But yes, it seems a number of widderslainte are far from the monsters from the stories, in part due to the circumstances of their Fall... We know when Beatrice's previous incarnation Fell, and why - she did so to save her brother. She quite literally sacrificed herself for another, and that... seems to resonate with her still."

"He do sound adorable and yes the animal offspring of magi with heart beasts tend to be unusually intelligent so that do not surprise me, I know the Lady Quey have been trying to get a member of Mr Acherman's House to grant her one of his offspring as a steed for years such animals can be most remarkable."
The Druidess said and smiled.
"I am sure I will get along with what did you call him Jerath? And yes I am sure he knows how adorable he is."
He smiled, "Jareth. Like the Goblin King in Labyrinth. You know, David Bowie and muppets?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:46 am

"Off course she is strong she is my apprentice!" Amadeus declared proudly. "And yes she have support but I have to admit I still worry for her, I worry allot."
He said and looked down at the sleeping widderslainte.

He nodded. Well, of course he was still worried. He wished they had time to recover from half of what had happened, but there simply wasn't, and wouldn't be if they did not finish off this battle and make some time for themselves.

"You should be resting now Mr Roth Hicks but as you said we need to secure tomorrow's existence so I will say until the Nephandi are beaten but then you have to go of the tea no matter how tempting it might be to keep the pain away, also do not use more of your hearth's blood your body can not stand much more and you do not have training in understanding just how far you can push it and live, so just do what you must and then rest." The old Verbena said and sigh.

He nodded. "I have only begun to study the art of life, mostly its pragmatic applications in battle. As for self-care though I do not have medical training either, but I will do my best to monitor myself. Well, I should make this tea then upstairs...I will pass on your words your Traditionmate when I see her," he said and stood up. "Thank you both again," he said, giving him a small bow and one to Cita as well before he started towards the door to collect his things from Bruce and head back to Kris.

// so full...stuffed with everything but stuffing. Good thing I have some at home to make for leftover sandwiches.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:46 am

Colin:

Colin chuckled softly, "Well, if it helps, I believe the preferred nomenclature for those who care about the distinction is 'dorks'. All the same, terminology is quite important in all things, however small and insignificant they may seem from the outside..."

Richard raised an eyebrow.
"I see, well I will try to learn the right terms then."
He said sounding amused and Freddy giggled again.

He nodded, "If that will satisfy your righteous anger, then that is acceptable. Dr. Lee is the Akashic of my Cabal, so I have reason to hope there will be fairly swift progress to any training he gives me. I do, however, have one request for the terms of the duel: that the details of the grievance be kept confidential. That I took advantage of Miss Jarden's good faith and incurred your wrath is not an issue, but the fact that I intended to, if necessary, use her blood as a weapon in such a manner... I would rather that not get out, to reduce the chance of someone not comprehending the full scope of the consequences deciding to pull that maneuver again."

"The Akashic Brotherhood are skilled at hand to hand combat indeed."
Kristina said then she nodded.
"Your terms agreeable Mr Wainwright the reason for the duel need only be stated as you have done a slight against my friend, not what that insult was. What would you prefer for the duel itself? The standard would be no intentional targeting of the head, the first who inflict three bleeding cuts on the other wins."
She suggested.

He frowned, then counted off on his fingers, "Hum, I think it's been about six or seven... since Thursday. And the ones that have provided information relating to what I've done immediately after have been essentially spot on - a renegade Technocrat cyborg who helped rescue miss Bergen from Nicolai's apartment, precisely what the Avatar suppression serum does to the, hm, recipient, details about an inheritance Chief Morgan received - and my knowledge of that rather spooked the Mercere who arrived wth the message, I'm afraid - and some crucial information received from your friend when Anna and I visit in France in December... hum, that might become something of a paradox now, though..."

"It sounds like this is rather helpful but also somewhat bothersome Mr Wainwright and yes I do imagine that Paradox will happen for your eventually the great reckoner likes to keep the accounts balanced."
The Verbena said and frowned.
"A cyborg helped you rescue Miss Bergen? And what have you seen about that foul serum?"
She asked then she grinned.
"I can imagine that the Red Cap was spooked yes but he or she have probably heard worse they are a member of a Order of mages after all."

He frowned, "And a number of other little details, some pertaining to events years down the line, when i reminisce about the insane stunts I get up to this week... But in short, without those visions, I would likely be dead half a dozen times over, and others would have fallen with me. If not for the rogue Technocrat, we wouldn't have been able to punch through the ward on Nocilai's apartment without fatalities..."

"Hum...your gift is most useful then, I am glad that you have survived and been able to rescue others because of them and I am glad that they indicate my relative's speedy recovery."
She said and smiled.

He nodded, "Ah, I thought you were talking about visiting poor miss Carlyle.

"I am going to do that as well but right now I was discussing Beatrice Alexander."
Kristina explained.

But yes, it seems a number of widderslainte are far from the monsters from the stories, in part due to the circumstances of their Fall... We know when Beatrice's previous incarnation Fell, and why - she did so to save her brother. She quite literally sacrificed herself for another, and that... seems to resonate with her still."

"Hum yes I know of another widderslainte though I am not at liberty to say who, she would be one of the monsters we hear of but she have fallen in love and allowed her lover to control her to stop her violent urges,not all of them are horrible even if they have a corrupted part inside of them."
She said then she frowned.
"And my husband found a widderslainte child once...and contacted the Traditions about him, it went as it always do I had some...discussions...with my husband after that."

He smiled, "Jareth. Like the Goblin King in Labyrinth. You know, David Bowie and muppets?"

"Ah yes off course...I have seen that one."
The Verbena said and smiled.
"A fitting name for a cute little trickster."

As you stood talking you heard the basement door open and you saw Miss Day, her arms full of blankets and a coffee mug with cup head down to the basement.
"Oh...forgive me did I interrupt something?"
The hedge wizard asked when she saw you and Kristina talking in the small hub.
"I can go back up and wait."

Adley:

He nodded. "I have only begun to study the art of life, mostly its pragmatic applications in battle. As for self-care though I do not have medical training either, but I will do my best to monitor myself.

Amadeus nodded then he hesitated, you had helped Beatrice but you where still Flambeau then eventually he sigh and offered.
"I can try to teach you a rote to monitor your own health it should not be to hard and I do know how to use old Hermetic hand gestures."
He said and looked like he was wondering what he was doing offering to teach magick to his old enemy.

Well, I should make this tea then upstairs...I will pass on your words your Traditionmate when I see her," he said and stood up. "Thank you both again," he said, giving him a small bow and one to Cita as well before he started towards the door to collect his things from Bruce and head back to Kris.

"Very well, tell Mrs Knox that she is most welcome to come see us."
Amadeus said and nodded, he just looked at you when you thanked him. Cita though looked up from her computer screen and smiled at you.
"No problems Adley, take care of yourself and tell your Mentor hello for me would you if you see him before me."
She commented and smiled warmly when she thought of Jeffry.

Bruce handed you your items back with just a bit of a grunt, he never was one for many words. When you got back to the small hub between the basement sections you saw Colin and Kristina talking and Henrietta on her way down the stairs with her arms full of blankets and coffee.

(OOC: You guys over in USA had thanksgiving yesterday right? I hope you had fun Strife.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:22 am

"I can try to teach you a rote to monitor your own health it should not be to hard and I do know how to use old Hermetic hand gestures." He said and looked like he was wondering what he was doing offering to teach magick to his old enemy.

He looked a little surprised towards the Verbena. He wondered what his pater would say, besides that he would not believe his ears at first. Then perhaps wonder aloud why he hadn't asked /him/....but as he was quite overly busy, he felt that it wouldn't be too much of an insult. In retrospect, with a pragmatic reason. He tilted his head and then nodded towards Master Nassa. "I have been using them also, at least the ones I was shown. The modern ones are starting to feel needlessly complicated by comparison. However, I still frequently use Latin for incantations."

"Very well, tell Mrs Knox that she is most welcome to come see us." Amadeus said and nodded, he just looked at you when you thanked him. Cita though looked up from her computer screen and smiled at you. "No problems Adley, take care of yourself and tell your Mentor hello for me would you if you see him before me."

"I will do so," he replied.

Bruce handed you your items back with just a bit of a grunt, he never was one for many words. When you got back to the small hub between the basement sections you saw Colin and Kristina talking and Henrietta on her way down the stairs with her arms full of blankets and coffee.

He took his things back, checking them over and returning them to where he had stowed them with a nod of thanks to Bruce. As he got to the junction he brightened at the sight of Colin. "Welcome back," he said to him, glad to see him. Hopefully his brother was back as well, then. He nodded to Henrietta and Kristina also.

// I think it was your yesterday, but for me it's still today - darn time zones xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:18 am

He looked a little surprised towards the Verbena. He wondered what his pater would say, besides that he would not believe his ears at first. Then perhaps wonder aloud why he hadn't asked /him/....but as he was quite overly busy, he felt that it wouldn't be too much of an insult. In retrospect, with a pragmatic reason. He tilted his head and then nodded towards Master Nassa. "I have been using them also, at least the ones I was shown. The modern ones are starting to feel needlessly complicated by comparison. However, I still frequently use Latin for incantations."

"We used Latin incantation back in the day as well, just like in Rome where speaking Greek meant you where cultured, the learned in the middle ages spoke Latin. I have always favored High German myself but Latin works."
The Verbena said then he lifted his hands so you could see what he was doing.
"Do you know the hand gestures of Intelligo and Corpus?"
He asked and showed the gestures.
"Yes the older gestures are simpler, they where made to make you feel what you where working with less sigils for the intellect and more intuitive gestures.
He agreed then he instructed.
"Work the gestures until you feel them, then you need to command your own flesh to respond to you, it is the most dense manifestation of your soul, demand that it tell you it's state and conditions...get to this point and I will continue the instructions."
The old Verbena said he still looked like he was shocked over himself for doing this.

"I will do so," he replied.

"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks."
Amadeus said and nodded.

He took his things back, checking them over and returning them to where he had stowed them with a nod of thanks to Bruce.

All your things where in the same condition as when you handed them to Bruce, your Cabalmate just nodded at your thanks.

As he got to the junction he brightened at the sight of Colin. "Welcome back," he said to him, glad to see him. Hopefully his brother was back as well, then. He nodded to Henrietta and Kristina also.

Kristina gave you a smile and Herietta nodded her head towards you.
"Hello Mr Roth Hicks."
She said.
Kristina looked towards Colin.
"I think our business are concluded for now then Mr Wainwright?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:23 am

"We used Latin incantation back in the day as well, just like in Rome where speaking Greek meant you where cultured, the learned in the middle ages spoke Latin. I have always favored High German myself but Latin works."

"Yes, though I sound more modern when I speak it. But the reason I said was that I did not wish to disturb Beatrice."

The Verbena said then he lifted his hands so you could see what he was doing. "Do you know the hand gestures of Intelligo and Corpus?" He asked and showed the gestures. "Yes the older gestures are simpler, they where made to make you feel what you where working with less sigils for the intellect and more intuitive gestures.
He agreed then he instructed.

He shook his head at being asked if he knew two two gestures. Intelligo was familiar-looking for its resemblance to another gesture and corpus was like an animal's paw, almost, about to claw. While he continued to talk he attempted to figure out how the poses went, glancing at how he held his hand. "Once more, slower please..."

"Work the gestures until you feel them, then you need to command your own flesh to respond to you, it is the most dense manifestation of your soul, demand that it tell you it's state and conditions...get to this point and I will continue the instructions."

He was making a slight frown, staring into nothing, as he reasoned it out. What the man said made sense, more sense than he'd thought that it would given all the discussions between others of different Traditions. The world of matter was the most 'dense' and also the one that he was the least used to understanding or dealing with, compared to spiritual or pure primal energies. But his body was a vessel for his spirit and if it wasn't in good working order...it took him a moment to try to reason out what the missing component was - he was used to a command given, an external effect or to view what he felt was external. Here, it was a command given and an internal effect, with the reference being himself. He then went back to his study of prime and spirit and how to circulate energy and worked from that, trying to close the gap on how did he get his body to 'tell' him what was wrong. Perhaps he was overthinking it...just a touch. He tried the first gesture then the second following it with the same hand as if making a combination of words - he could sometimes communicate with his avatar when she allowed it by directing his attention inward...

Kristina gave you a smile and Herietta nodded her head towards you. "Hello Mr Roth Hicks." She said.

He nodded his head. "Regarding your request, he says that he welcomes your visit though she may be resting."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:44 am

Serge's Post:

'It... had bits of the "small town mentality".' Nicole admitted. 'But wasn't like the isolated 'burg in the middle of nowhere or anything. Or... at least was.' the last part said a little quieter.

Serge's Post:

'It's a pot of soup, not a bloody car engine or nothing.' Nicole replied with a raised eyebrow, moving over to take it.

[Sorry about delay; long shift at work yesterday. The price I pay for more days off...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:36 am

Adley:

"Yes, though I sound more modern when I speak it. But the reason I said was that I did not wish to disturb Beatrice."

"Latin might sounder more modern than Greek indeed."
Amadeus said then he looked down at his apprentice.
"Yes she reacts badly to hearing Hermetics chanting, she reacts badly hearing it from anyone but you it seams Mr Roth Hicks why that is I do not know...I guess she have taken a liking to you, she panicked when your Mentor tried to cast a spell around her to try to find the missing..."
The Verbena looked angry then added softly.
"Spirit Master."

He shook his head at being asked if he knew two two gestures. Intelligo was familiar-looking for its resemblance to another gesture and corpus was like an animal's paw, almost, about to claw. While he continued to talk he attempted to figure out how the poses went, glancing at how he held his hand. "Once more, slower please..."

Amadeus nodded and he performed the gestures again.
"Intellego fold your little and ring finger towards the palm and point with your long and index finger with the thumb slightly curved, Corporem or Corpus make a claw on your hands with all fingers spread and slightly curved as if holding a human heart."
He explained as he showed you the gestures.

He then went back to his study of prime and spirit and how to circulate energy and worked from that, trying to close the gap on how did he get his body to 'tell' him what was wrong. Perhaps he was overthinking it...just a touch. He tried the first gesture then the second following it with the same hand as if making a combination of words - he could sometimes communicate with his avatar when she allowed it by directing his attention inward...

"Use both hands, you are working both with Intellego and Corpus, do the technique with your dominant hand and the form with the other, point towards your heart with the sigial for Intellego while letting the hand that form the sigil for Corpus hand by your side, loose but controlled."
The old Verbena said.
"Now focus inward and know that your physical form was created by your soul one plane lead to the other and it is your right as a being who carry a piece of that which is most high to know everything about your physical manifestation, then speak the command, the exact words do not matter as long as they are a command to yourself to let you know that which you desire to know."

He nodded his head. "Regarding your request, he says that he welcomes your visit though she may be resting."

Kristina nodded and gave you a smile.
"Thank you Adley, I will head over there then if Miss Day is willing to take over for me in taking care of the vampires?"
Henrietta nodded at that.
"I am heading that way now ehm...Miss..."
Kristina smiled.
"Kristina Knox bani Verbena and you are Miss Day right?"
Henrietta nodded at that.
"Henrietta Day hedge wizard member of the Hollow Ones Ma'am."
She said and Kristina nodded.
"It is nice to formally meet you Miss Day."

Nicole:

It's a pot of soup, not a bloody car engine or nothing.' Nicole replied with a raised eyebrow, moving over to take it.

It was a six liter aluminum pot of soup with two large bowls gone so it was not that heavy for you to carry, it was still plenty hot though so you would have to be careful spilling it over you would be uncomfortable.

(OOC: Not a problem the game is not running away.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:29 am

Richard raised an eyebrow.
"I see, well I will try to learn the right terms then."
He said sounding amused and Freddy giggled again.
Colin grinned, "Make sure you do... There are enough people with good reason to be upset if you address them by the wrong term - though geeks, nerds and dorks are generally quite casual about those terms."

"The Akashic Brotherhood are skilled at hand to hand combat indeed."
"Your terms agreeable Mr Wainwright the reason for the duel need only be stated as you have done a slight against my friend, not what that insult was. What would you prefer for the duel itself? The standard would be no intentional targeting of the head, the first who inflict three bleeding cuts on the other wins."
She suggested.
He nodded, "Not the face, and three bleeding cuts. That sounds agreeable. Presumably, no armor or clothing that can conceal a counting hit?"

"It sounds like this is rather helpful but also somewhat bothersome Mr Wainwright and yes I do imagine that Paradox will happen for your eventually the great reckoner likes to keep the accounts balanced."
The Verbena said and frowned.
"A cyborg helped you rescue Miss Bergen? And what have you seen about that foul serum?"
She asked then she grinned.
"I can imagine that the Red Cap was spooked yes but he or she have probably heard worse they are a member of a Order of mages after all."
He nodded, "A cyborg, yes. He could no longer stomach the Union, so he's trying to make a difference until they catch him. And the serum is... a lichdom potion derivative. It... renders the part of the brain which the Union believes houses the Avatar undead, fills the brain with Primium particles that start clumping, and... the rest is even more unpleasant."
He frowned, "Also, it is ridiculously painful, due to the sheer volume of the dose - half again what a muscle is able to safely accomodate in one go."

"Hum...your gift is most useful then, I am glad that you have survived and been able to rescue others because of them and I am glad that they indicate my relative's speedy recovery."
She said and smiled.
He smiled wryly, "It seems future me is letting present me know what I needed to know to get through the proverbial fire. Future me seems to be something of a sneaky bastard. Though I suppose the foundations for that were laid years ago..."

"I am going to do that as well but right now I was discussing Beatrice Alexander."
Kristina explained.
He nodded, "Ah, the conversation took a leap I missed, then."

"Hum yes I know of another widderslainte though I am not at liberty to say who, she would be one of the monsters we hear of but she have fallen in love and allowed her lover to control her to stop her violent urges,not all of them are horrible even if they have a corrupted part inside of them."
She said then she frowned.
"And my husband found a widderslainte child once...and contacted the Traditions about him, it went as it always do I had some...discussions...with my husband after that."
He nodded, "I know of others, too... One has urges, mostly kept in check by good, loving parents, the other... was a surprise to everyone, herself included. I believe she's been abducted to safety, though..."
He frowned, "I can imagine that conversation was... uncomfortable, yes."

"Ah yes off course...I have seen that one."
The Verbena said and smiled.
"A fitting name for a cute little trickster."
He smiled, "Very fitting."

As you stood talking you heard the basement door open and you saw Miss Day, her arms full of blankets and a coffee mug with cup head down to the basement.
"Oh...forgive me did I interrupt something?"
The hedge wizard asked when she saw you and Kristina talking in the small hub.
"I can go back up and wait."
He smiled to Henrietta, "Quite alright, Miss Day, we were, hm, just talking about the owl that's visiting me now. I need to see the Chief now, in any case."

He took his things back, checking them over and returning them to where he had stowed them with a nod of thanks to Bruce. As he got to the junction he brightened at the sight of Colin. "Welcome back," he said to him, glad to see him. Hopefully his brother was back as well, then. He nodded to Henrietta and Kristina also.
He nodded to Adley, "It's good to be back. Your, ah, little brother is sleeping the sleep of the opiated; Freddy's watching over him... He's a brave and noble kid."

Kristina gave you a smile and Herietta nodded her head towards you.
"Hello Mr Roth Hicks."
She said.
Kristina looked towards Colin.
"I think our business are concluded for now then Mr Wainwright?"
He nodded, "I believe so. You have my number? Give me a call closer to sunset, a little before Miss Jarden is awake, so we can set up the practical side of things properly."

He sighed, "Right, off to report to the Chief, then... oh, by the way..." He pointed toward the sleeping Nephanda by the radiator, "Who, precisely, is that? She seems familiar somehow... Is she the one who distracted our resident senior spirit?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:26 pm

Colin grinned, "Make sure you do... There are enough people with good reason to be upset if you address them by the wrong term - though geeks, nerds and dorks are generally quite casual about those terms."

"I see I never realized it was such a touchy subject for many."
Richard said and grinned.

He nodded, "Not the face, and three bleeding cuts. That sounds agreeable. Presumably, no armor or clothing that can conceal a counting hit?"

"Armor can only be used if we both do so if you insist I will agree to that, as for clothing that is fine I trust your honesty during the duel Mr Wainwright."
Kristina said and nodded.

He nodded, "A cyborg, yes. He could no longer stomach the Union, so he's trying to make a difference until they catch him.

"I see I wish him the best of luck then."
The Verbena said and nodded.

And the serum is... a lichdom potion derivative. It... renders the part of the brain which the Union believes houses the Avatar undead, fills the brain with Primium particles that start clumping, and... the rest is even more unpleasant."
He frowned, "Also, it is ridiculously painful, due to the sheer volume of the dose - half again what a muscle is able to safely accomodate in one go."

"I see that sounds really uncomfortable. I have been arrested by the Traditions once for things done during a Quiet, but they used the cuffs on me I guess I was fortunate then."
"A derivative of a lichdom potion interesting."

He smiled wryly, "It seems future me is letting present me know what I needed to know to get through the proverbial fire. Future me seems to be something of a sneaky bastard. Though I suppose the foundations for that were laid years ago..."

"Hum...well as long as the situation give some benefit, but it also sound like something that could get...complicated."
The Druidess said then she shook her head.
"Ah forgive me it is none of my business really now is it."

He nodded, "Ah, the conversation took a leap I missed, then."

"Or I was to unclear, please forgive me."
The Verbena said with a small bow.

He nodded, "I know of others, too... One has urges, mostly kept in check by good, loving parents, the other... was a surprise to everyone, herself included. I believe she's been abducted to safety, though..."
He frowned, "I can imagine that conversation was... uncomfortable, yes."

"It was...uncomfortable and it forced me to tell my husband about some realities about our kind well in either case it is clear some widderslaintes can fight their urges and as for the one who was kidnapped to safety yes I heard some rumors about that, she is my Cabalmate's sister I am quick shocked that she could be Fallen though the girl is most sweet and kind."
Kristina said and frowned.

He smiled, "Very fitting."

The Verbena healer grinned at that.

He smiled to Henrietta, "Quite alright, Miss Day, we were, hm, just talking about the owl that's visiting me now. I need to see the Chief now, in any case."

"The little cutie you had with you to the cafeteria?"
Henrietta asked.
"It is good I did not disturb your conversation then, please do not let me keep you from reporting to the Chief then Mr Wainwright."
Henrietta said as she moved to the side so you could get past her and all her blankets.

He nodded, "I believe so. You have my number? Give me a call closer to sunset, a little before Miss Jarden is awake, so we can set up the practical side of things properly."

"I do have your number yes. I will give you a call later so we can set up a video conference yes."
Kristina confirmed.

He sighed, "Right, off to report to the Chief, then... oh, by the way..." He pointed toward the sleeping Nephanda by the radiator, "Who, precisely, is that? She seems familiar somehow... Is she the one who distracted our resident senior spirit?"

"She was just brought in, completely terrified poor woman, she calls herself Sierra but that is all I know about her."
"You know her Mr Wainwright?"

(OOC: I think we forgot about Jareth when Colin and the gang went to the hospital as Freddy was watching over him and I forgot to write about her taking him anywhere before they went and they could not have brought the owl with them to the hospital do you want her to have brought him back to Colin's room before they left?)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:54 pm

"I see I never realized it was such a touchy subject for many."
Richard said and grinned.
He smiled, then turned serious, "Actually, with the exception of Trekkers and Trekkies - different branches of the Star Trek fandom - the touchy subject, as you put it, mostly revolves around ethnicity, religion and sexual identity and orientation. Well, and royalty and clergy, of course. But those are pretty damn serious matters."

"Armor can only be used if we both do so if you insist I will agree to that, as for clothing that is fine I trust your honesty during the duel Mr Wainwright."
Kristina said and nodded.
He nodded, "Very well... Under the standard terms, then, I propose fencing masks with reinforced collars and fencing gloves, to provide a small extra layer of protection to the most exposed major blood vessels, and, hm, something like the white training suits in Eastern Martial Arts?"

"I see I wish him the best of luck then."
The Verbena said and nodded.
He nodded, "I don't expect to see him again... but yes, I hope he finds at least some equilibrium before his time comes."

"I see that sounds really uncomfortable. I have been arrested by the Traditions once for things done during a Quiet, but they used the cuffs on me I guess I was fortunate then."
"A derivative of a lichdom potion interesting."
He nodded, "The Union has its reasons for it... and the reasons are most unnerving. Unless I'm very much mistaken, it relates to Akrites Salonikas' chapter in The Fragile Path..."

"Hum...well as long as the situation give some benefit, but it also sound like something that could get...complicated."
The Druidess said then she shook her head.
"Ah forgive me it is none of my business really now is it."
He smiled wryly, "Well, I suppose some of it is your business, since one memory is from your French residence this December."

"Or I was to unclear, please forgive me."
The Verbena said with a small bow.
He nodded, "Either way, the confusion is cleared up."

"It was...uncomfortable and it forced me to tell my husband about some realities about our kind well in either case it is clear some widderslaintes can fight their urges and as for the one who was kidnapped to safety yes I heard some rumors about that, she is my Cabalmate's sister I am quick shocked that she could be Fallen though the girl is most sweet and kind."
He smiled thinly, "A lot like Beatrice, I'd say... except a better singer."

"The little cutie you had with you to the cafeteria?"
Henrietta asked.
"It is good I did not disturb your conversation then, please do not let me keep you from reporting to the Chief then Mr Wainwright."
Henrietta said as she moved to the side so you could get past her and all her blankets.
He grinned, "The very rascal. Good day."

"I do have your number yes. I will give you a call later so we can set up a video conference yes."
Kristina confirmed.
He sighed, "And let us pray she... takes it well. I don't expect so, but I can always hope..."

"She was just brought in, completely terrified poor woman, she calls herself Sierra but that is all I know about her."
"You know her Mr Wainwright?"
He scratched his head, "Never met her before today. I haven't seen her in the glimpses of things to come, either."
He frowned, "Bugger, if she is another one... I need to meditate on this."
He sighed and thought to Mia, looking at Sierra, "Mia... do you recognize this one from the old Cabal?"

((OOC: Actually, I suspect Jareth might have hopped over to "daddy dearest" when Freddy headed out, and possibly circled around the building back to Colin's open window on his own afterward.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:38 pm

Nicole wrote:'It... had bits of the "small town mentality".' Nicole admitted. 'But wasn't like the isolated 'burg in the middle of nowhere or anything. Or... at least was.' the last part said a little quieter.

Serge took note in Nicole's change in volume. "Was? Now that's an interesting thing to say. Did your town suddenly become isolated in the middle of nowhere?"

Nicole wrote:'It's a pot of soup, not a bloody car engine or nothing.' Nicole replied with a raised eyebrow, moving over to take it.
It was a six liter aluminum pot of soup with two large bowls gone so it was not that heavy for you to carry, it was still plenty hot though so you would have to be careful spilling it over you would be uncomfortable.

"Yeah, a car engine doesn't spill 6 litres of liquids, meat, and noodles all over the floor if you drop it." Serge quipped as he began walking towards the basement with the trays of bowls and spoons, checking behind him to make sure that Nicole was following.

{OOC: No problem.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:44 pm

'Could have done, for all I know. Not been back there for years.' she replied, picking up the pot and following Serge.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:55 pm

He smiled, then turned serious, "Actually, with the exception of Trekkers and Trekkies - different branches of the Star Trek fandom - the touchy subject, as you put it, mostly revolves around ethnicity, religion and sexual identity and orientation. Well, and royalty and clergy, of course. But those are pretty damn serious matters."

"I see, well I try to treat those I meet well and fairly however if someone want to get insulted over a wrong term used about them then I guess that is going to have to be their problem."
Richard said and he raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Very well... Under the standard terms, then, I propose fencing masks with reinforced collars and fencing gloves, to provide a small extra layer of protection to the most exposed major blood vessels, and, hm, something like the white training suits in Eastern Martial Arts?"

"Ah you will Mr Wainwright, I have never fought in such a getup but I can agree to your terms."
Kristina said then she held out a elegant hand to shake on it.
"You will contact me then when you feel that your proficiency are sufficient for the duel?"

He nodded, "I don't expect to see him again... but yes, I hope he finds at least some equilibrium before his time comes."

"No if he is alone and the Union is hunting for him then your cyborg friend and not likely to be long for this world, but there are worse fates than to die honorably while doing the right thing."
The Verbena commented.

He nodded, "The Union has its reasons for it... and the reasons are most unnerving. Unless I'm very much mistaken, it relates to Akrites Salonikas' chapter in The Fragile Path..."

Kristina paled a little and her eyes widened.
"Those prophecies are hardly uplifting but why would you think this serum have anything to do with it Mr Wainwright?"

He smiled wryly, "Well, I suppose some of it is your business, since one memory is from your French residence this December."

"Ah you will be guesting our home then, very well I will look forward to it."
The Verbena said but she also looked skeptical and worried what you might do to the vampires living at the estate.

He nodded, "Either way, the confusion is cleared up."

"Good, good."

He smiled thinly, "A lot like Beatrice, I'd say... except a better singer."

Kristina just nodded at that.

He grinned, "The very rascal. Good day."

"Aww but he is adorable."
The druidess said and grinned.

He sighed, "And let us pray she... takes it well. I don't expect so, but I can always hope..."

"We can hope but no it is not likely that Isabella will take it well no."
"We might have to provide some way to...restrain her in case she do not calm down after she have gotten such a message."

He scratched his head, "Never met her before today. I haven't seen her in the glimpses of things to come, either."
He sighed and thought to Mia, looking at Sierra, "Mia... do you recognize this one from the old Cabal?"

Kristina just raised an eyebrow at that. From Mia you heard.
"She is not one of the Nine but we have met her before, in this life though she can be an important ally with vital information if she can be reached. We sit in another time and wait for the magick needed to find you in the time stream so you can attempt to learn some of her secrets. More I can not say."

Nicole and Serge you head towards the basement, there seam to be a clog of people in the small hub between the cellar sections though, a pretty black haired woman stood there talking with Colin, Adley and Henrietta, the latter having her arms full of blankets and a coffee mug.
"Hello Serge."
Henrietta said then she looked and Nicole and nodded to her.
"It do seam we are blocking traffic, and I should go and see my relatives before I have to return home."
The black haired woman said then she gave a slight blow to Colin, Adley and Henrietta and she nodded to Serge and Nicole.
"If you will all excuse me then."
She said before she turned and headed for the magickal part of the cellar.

(OOC: That works for me.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:39 pm

"I see, well I try to treat those I meet well and fairly however if someone want to get insulted over a wrong term used about them then I guess that is going to have to be their problem."
Richard said and he raised an eyebrow.
Colin frowned, "Be careful - carelessly misgendering someone in this day and age can be... professionally dangerous. Be polite, and prepared to correct yourself."

"Ah you will Mr Wainwright, I have never fought in such a getup but I can agree to your terms."
Kristina said then she held out a elegant hand to shake on it.
"You will contact me then when you feel that your proficiency are sufficient for the duel?"
He nodded and shook Kristina's hand firmly, but gently, "I am in good shape, so I have a good foundation for refining skill from the start. I believe a couple of months should suffice - likely not much past the first snowfall."

Kristina paled a little and her eyes widened.
"Those prophecies are hardly uplifting but why would you think this serum have anything to do with it Mr Wainwright?"
He frowned, voice low, "The descriptions in the prophecy, combined with the descriptions of the Computer... I have a nasty suspicion the Computer is somehow imprinted with a copy of Teomim's mind - and it consumes Avatars, taking them for itself, once the serum has rendered the, hm, fleshy link to them virtually indestructible. There are... details I have been made privy to, which I cannot freely share, but which all point to such a disturbing conclusion."

"Ah you will be guesting our home then, very well I will look forward to it."
The Verbena said but she also looked skeptical and worried what you might do to the vampires living at the estate.
He smiled thinly, "Don't worry, I have no desire to do anything harmful to your other residents there - in fact, I even have a couple of Christmas presents planned. Genuine gifts, being thankful for the future information they've given me..."
He frowned, "Damn, I need to check on the Kiasyd, too..."

"We can hope but no it is not likely that Isabella will take it well no."
"We might have to provide some way to...restrain her in case she do not calm down after she have gotten such a message."
He nodded, "I trust you'll find the least intrusive way to do so."

Kristina just raised an eyebrow at that. From Mia you heard.
"She is not one of the Nine but we have met her before, in this life though she can be an important ally with vital information if she can be reached. We sit in another time and wait for the magick needed to find you in the time stream so you can attempt to learn some of her secrets. More I can not say."
He frowned and sighed, "Adley, keep an eye on me for a moment, I have to give Future Me something to track..."
He fished out his Time-aspected monocle and muttered "Temporis spectare."

Nicole and Serge you head towards the basement, there seam to be a clog of people in the small hub between the cellar sections though, a pretty black haired woman stood there talking with Colin, Adley and Henrietta, the latter having her arms full of blankets and a coffee mug.
"Hello Serge."
"It do seam we are blocking traffic, and I should go and see my relatives before I have to return home."
The black haired woman said then she gave a slight blow to Colin, Adley and Henrietta and she nodded to Serge and Nicole.
He gave Nicole and Serge a quick nod before looking for the little bubble of time magic hunting him down.

((OOC: T1, Sense Temporal Anomalies; Arete roll: 5,6,8. Should be plenty for the equivalent of a sonar ping. Razz ))

Last edited by Warpmind on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the Arete roll.)
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:56 pm

Nicole wrote:'Could have done, for all I know. Not been back there for years.' she replied, picking up the pot and following Serge.

"Where'd you go?" Serge asked curiously as they walked. "Did you move out or something?"

"Hello Serge."
Colin wrote:He gave Nicole and Serge a quick nod before looking for the little bubble of time magic hunting him down.

"Hey Henrietta. We're just bringing in some food." Serge said with a friendly smile.

He gave a respectful nod to Colin, Adley, and the other pretty black-haired women but decided not to interrupt their conversations. Although he couldn't help but be curious as to what Colin was doing.

"Yeah their's a lot more people in here now. Hope we have enough soup. Anyways, I won't keep you. See ya." Serge said as he watched Henrietta walk towards the magickal part of the celler.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:24 pm

Colin frowned, "Be careful - carelessly misgendering someone in this day and age can be... professionally dangerous. Be polite, and prepared to correct yourself."

"Oh do not get me wrong Colin I have no problem in correcting myself and if someone have some particular term they wish to be referred to as I am quite happy to apply that term however if someone wish to shame me for using the wrong term when I did not know their preferences then their ire is their own problem not mine and if they due to that wish to choose another doctor then they are free to do so."
Richard said and frowned.

He nodded and shook Kristina's hand firmly, but gently, "I am in good shape, so I have a good foundation for refining skill from the start. I believe a couple of months should suffice - likely not much past the first snowfall."

"Very well, we have a deal then, Isabella will have her justice right after first snowfall then!"
The Verbena muttered angrily as she shook your hand.

He frowned, voice low, "The descriptions in the prophecy, combined with the descriptions of the Computer... I have a nasty suspicion the Computer is somehow imprinted with a copy of Teomim's mind - and it consumes Avatars, taking them for itself, once the serum has rendered the, hm, fleshy link to them virtually indestructible. There are... details I have been made privy to, which I cannot freely share, but which all point to such a disturbing conclusion."

"Damn...that actually makes some sort of sense...you are thinking the Computer might be some sort of artificial Moloch then or that it might become one, that is just terrifying, is there any proof for this theory that could be taken before the Council?"
The blood mage asked her eyes wide.

He smiled thinly, "Don't worry, I have no desire to do anything harmful to your other residents there - in fact, I even have a couple of Christmas presents planned. Genuine gifts, being thankful for the future information they've given me..."

"Christmas gifts? To my husband, Mr Drake and little Alexandra? Hum interesting, just make sure you do nothing to harm them Mr Wainwright or we are going to have another talk. My husband is on a path of salvation for their kind, the way he puts it a way to come to terms with the darkness inside of him and by that tame it he will not harm a hair on your head I however are very protective of my family, if you where to pull a trick on them as you did on Isabella...we will have issues Mr Wainwright have I made myself understood?"
The Verbena said sternly.

He nodded, "I trust you'll find the least intrusive way to do so."

"I will ask Mr Fisher to hold her down with his magick until she calms down, that should not harm her."

He frowned and sighed, "Adley, keep an eye on me for a moment, I have to give Future Me something to track..."
He fished out his Time-aspected monocle and muttered "Temporis spectare."

In through the doorway to the practical part of the basement you saw a little ball, a time anomaly of the type you had seen before dance around Sierra's head, no one else saw the ball and it danced there for you waiting for you to go to it.

"Hey Henrietta. We're just bringing in some food." Serge said with a friendly smile.

He gave a respectful nod to Colin, Adley, and the other pretty black-haired women but decided not to interrupt their conversations. Although he couldn't help but be curious as to what Colin was doing.

"That is great Serge, I think both guards and prisoners will appreciate that."
Henrietta said and she gave you a big smile.
"I am just getting on a long shift watching our vampire guests so some food is very welcome."
She added. The black haired woman gave you a smile and a nod back.

"Yeah their's a lot more people in here now. Hope we have enough soup. Anyways, I won't keep you. See ya." Serge said as he watched Henrietta walk towards the magickal part of the celler.

Kristina was the one who walked towards the magickal part of the basement while Henrietta headed towards the hallway where the room with the prisoners where in.
"It is a big pot your friend is bringing Serge just let me put the blankets down and I can help you with it."
The Hollower offered.
"Though I have to check on my charges first and make sure they are sleeping."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:39 pm

"Oh do not get me wrong Colin I have no problem in correcting myself and if someone have some particular term they wish to be referred to as I am quite happy to apply that term however if someone wish to shame me for using the wrong term when I did not know their preferences then their ire is their own problem not mine and if they due to that wish to choose another doctor then they are free to do so."
Richard said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "Well, yes, if someone actively seeks offense, that's a different kettle of fish altogether."

"Very well, we have a deal then, Isabella will have her justice right after first snowfall then!"
The Verbena muttered angrily as she shook your hand.
He nodded, "We are in agreement."

"Damn...that actually makes some sort of sense...you are thinking the Computer might be some sort of artificial Moloch then or that it might become one, that is just terrifying, is there any proof for this theory that could be taken before the Council?"
The blood mage asked her eyes wide.
He frowned, "Nothing solid enough that I trust the Council to take seriously... or even understand. Perhaps after the Honourable Seat of Forces changes... occupant. However, it might be enough to get the attention of the two most technologically apt Traditions - and of the two, the Adepts might have some insights that can help dig up more tangible proof..."

"Christmas gifts? To my husband, Mr Drake and little Alexandra? Hum interesting, just make sure you do nothing to harm them Mr Wainwright or we are going to have another talk. My husband is on a path of salvation for their kind, the way he puts it a way to come to terms with the darkness inside of him and by that tame it he will not harm a hair on your head I however are very protective of my family, if you where to pull a trick on them as you did on Isabella...we will have issues Mr Wainwright have I made myself understood?"
The Verbena said sternly.
He smiled, "Alexandra has the chance to become a treasured playmate for Anna, Drake will have given me some extremely valuable information that set me in contact with a very useful ally, and your husband's meditations will be what leads Anna back to the light, lets her restore her Avatar to the way it was always meant to be... no, harming them would be the equivalent of cutting off my own legs under me. The intended present is merely a few enchanted stones that give off the taste of tea in perpetuity. Drake will mention he misses the flavour, since he cannot consume it as he could in life..."

"I will ask Mr Fisher to hold her down with his magick until she calms down, that should not harm her."
He nodded.

In through the doorway to the practical part of the basement you saw a little ball, a time anomaly of the type you had seen before dance around Sierra's head, no one else saw the ball and it danced there for you waiting for you to go to it.
He smiled thinly and poked at the little ball, "There you are..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:10 pm

"Yes she reacts badly to hearing Hermetics chanting, she reacts badly hearing it from anyone but you it seams Mr Roth Hicks why that is I do not know...I guess she have taken a liking to you, she panicked when your Mentor tried to cast a spell around her to try to find the missing..." The Verbena looked angry then added softly. "Spirit Master."

"Yes, I heard. My pater did not mean to frighten her."

"Intellego fold your little and ring finger towards the palm and point with your long and index finger with the thumb slightly curved, Corporem or Corpus make a claw on your hands with all fingers spread and slightly curved as if holding a human heart."

He quirked a brow. "I must admit, I do not hold a great many human hearts in a literal sense," he said, though he adjusted the grip so it was a bit wider for Corpus, as if he were holding something. "Intellego reminds me of the sign of Benediction. I have probably seen these, but recognizing and performing them properly..."

Use both hands, you are working both with Intellego and Corpus, do the technique with your dominant hand and the form with the other, point towards your heart with the sigial for Intellego while letting the hand that form the sigil for Corpus hand by your side, loose but controlled."

"How am I supposed to work these and hold a weapon?" he said with a tut. But he did as he was directed, technique with his right hand and form the off hand, moving his hands in opposite directions. Something clicked in his head after he did it, as if he were holding something in one hand and the other loose, towards Earth. "Ah...that makes sense. I am missing the verbal component, that next...I think that will help me."

"Now focus inward and know that your physical form was created by your soul one plane lead to the other and it is your right as a being who carry a piece of that which is most high to know everything about your physical manifestation, then speak the command, the exact words do not matter as long as they are a command to yourself to let you know that which you desire to know."

"Everyone always says that it doesn't matter what the words are that are used..I think it does....for me....'for by Names and Powers are all powers awakened and re-awakened.'" He shrugged a touch and then focused himself again inward, like dropping a plumbob into a well to measure the water. It was easy to see the Diedne training that Amadeus had known, once long ago in another life - it sounded as if a Tytalus were training him (there was power in whatever they gave or took as power, and with their will controlled it), not far from what his pater could instruct, aside from a visceral view on some of the images. He tried to command his body, his vessel, the salt of earth to give him an understanding. He started first by focusing on the pain itself, and let it lead him back - the shape of the pain that was in his body and the relationship between them as he spoke the words.

"Thank you Adley, I will head over there then if Miss Day is willing to take over for me in taking care of the vampires?" Henrietta nodded at that. "I am heading that way now ehm...Miss..." Kristina smiled. "Kristina Knox bani Verbena and you are Miss Day right?" Henrietta nodded at that. "Henrietta Day hedge wizard member of the Hollow Ones Ma'am."

He nodded to them both.

He nodded to Adley, "It's good to be back. Your, ah, little brother is sleeping the sleep of the opiated; Freddy's watching over him... He's a brave and noble kid."

"Good," he said, looking a bit relieved.

"She was just brought in, completely terrified poor woman, she calls herself Sierra but that is all I know about her." Kristina said and frowned. "You know her Mr Wainwright?"

"I would prefer to tell you what I know in some privacy, amicus," he said. "Perhaps in the Chief's office? Or I can write it down," he said, as he noted Colin's confirmation of what Mundi had told him. Then he saw Nicole and Serge and nodded to them as Kris went to her business.

He frowned and sighed, "Adley, keep an eye on me for a moment, I have to give Future Me something to track..." He fished out his Time-aspected monocle and muttered "Temporis spectare."

"Er...as you wish amicus," he said, doing as he asked, keeping close to him.

This must be what it looked like to those who could not see spirits when he interacted with them. He had no idea what Colin was doing but kept a lookout.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:18 pm

"That is great Serge, I think both guards and prisoners will appreciate that."
Henrietta said and she gave you a big smile.
"I am just getting on a long shift watching our vampire guests so some food is very welcome."
She added. The black haired woman gave you a smile and a nod back.

"It was made by the Deaconess! I had some earlier and it's quite good" Serge said.

"Your watching over the vampires? Neat. Wish we could feed them soup instead of.... the other stuff they eat." Serge said sheepishly.

Kristina was the one who walked towards the magickal part of the basement while Henrietta headed towards the hallway where the room with the prisoners where in.
"It is a big pot your friend is bringing Serge just let me put the blankets down and I can help you with it."
The Hollower offered.
"Though I have to check on my charges first and make sure they are sleeping."

"She's pretty strong so she might be able to handle. Do you need any help Nicole?" Serge asked as he glanced over to make sure the Nicole was ok.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:56 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Well, yes, if someone actively seeks offense, that's a different kettle of fish altogether."

Richard nodded at that.
"I find that often far to many do just that Colin, actively seek offense."

He nodded, "We are in agreement."

Kristina nodded solemnly at that.

He frowned, "Nothing solid enough that I trust the Council to take seriously... or even understand. Perhaps after the Honourable Seat of Forces changes... occupant. However, it might be enough to get the attention of the two most technologically apt Traditions - and of the two, the Adepts might have some insights that can help dig up more tangible proof..."

"Ah yes the Seat of Forces can be a rather difficult man I hear, taking this to the former Technocrat Traditions might be a good idea though perhaps they will be able to shed enough light on the situation to make the Council launch an investigation."
The Verbena said and she nodded in agreement.

He smiled, "Alexandra has the chance to become a treasured playmate for Anna, Drake will have given me some extremely valuable information that set me in contact with a very useful ally, and your husband's meditations will be what leads Anna back to the light, lets her restore her Avatar to the way it was always meant to be... no, harming them would be the equivalent of cutting off my own legs under me.

Kristina looked at you for a moment then she nodded, satisfied that you indented no harm to the vampires of her household.
"I see, good you are welcome to our home then Mr Wainwright."

The intended present is merely a few enchanted stones that give off the taste of tea in perpetuity. Drake will mention he misses the flavour, since he cannot consume it as he could in life..."

That made the blood mage smile.
"Ah well that would make a wonderful gift Mr Wainwright I remember when my husband was turned human for three days, that is how our twins happened, how much he enjoyed to eat normal food to savor the taste, I am sure he would enjoy such a stone very much."

You stood on the busy main road of Horizon, the twin suns where warming your face, it felt good to finally be outside again for you had been coped up in Anna's hospital room for days, your apprentice was terrified and she needed you there to calm her so a new fright would not stop her fragile heart again. By now though she had calmed down enough to allow Freddy and Dr Lee to sit with her though allowing you some freedom to attend to other matters, matters that had become rather urgent.

Five days ago you had gone to visit Anna in the cell she had been put in while her trial where taking place, but when you came to the dark little room you had found the girl missing and that was when a voice from the neighboring cell had warned you.
"Are you the teacher of the little widderslainte girl? She was taken away on order of the prosecutor I heard Master D'Angelo's voice, and that of Dr Weris, he is on our payroll you know, I do not know what plans they have for the girl but you better hurry if you care for her."
You off course knew what was going on, you had foreseen it, however the owner of that voice clearly knew more about what was going on than she let on. Over the next few days though there was little time to find out who had spoken to you, one of the captured Nephandi clearly but you did not know who and Anna needed constant attention, every time she woke up she needed you to cast a rote to make sure no trace of the needles where left in her body, she refused to eat and where generally panicking, none of it good for her heart, finally though Freddy had found the information you needed, the woman in the cell next to Anna's was Sierra Bluehill a Nephandi woman you remember talking to at Steelhaven before she was sent to Horizon. Freddy had also found out that Sierra was sentenced and the sentence was to be carried out today, this was the last chance you had to speak with the woman and perhaps learn what she knew about the D'Angelos, this Dr Weris and how it all fit together. The problem was that Miss Bluehill had been tortured several times but had refused to say a word beyond what she had shared about Larson's Labyrinth, so the question was if she would talk to you once you reached Horizon Chantry and the dungeons.

Adley:

"Yes, I heard. My pater did not mean to frighten her."

"No I suppose not, he might be Flambeau but I have never known him as cruel."
Amadeus said and frowned.

He quirked a brow. "I must admit, I do not hold a great many human hearts in a literal sense," he said, though he adjusted the grip so it was a bit wider for Corpus, as if he were holding something. "Intellego reminds me of the sign of Benediction. I have probably seen these, but recognizing and performing them properly..."

"I seldom hold such a thing anymore either but trust me there is a certain feeling to it, though I suppose a pig's heart would be of similar shape and size."
The Verbena said and raised and eyebrow.
"Yes the sign for Intellego do seam similar to the sign for Benediction I do wonder if they could be related...hum..."

"How am I supposed to work these and hold a weapon?" he said with a tut. But he did as he was directed, technique with his right hand and form the off hand, moving his hands in opposite directions. Something clicked in his head after he did it, as if he were holding something in one hand and the other loose, towards Earth. "Ah...that makes sense. I am missing the verbal component, that next...I think that will help me."

"Forms and Techniques are meant to work together Mr Roth Hicks and usually magi did not cast spells and swing weapons at the same time though I am sure the system can be adjusted for it, this spell however is not one you would use for combat so you should be fine to put your weapon down while casting...yes the verbal component are key, you will need that command."
Amadeus instructed.

"Everyone always says that it doesn't matter what the words are that are used..I think it does....for me....'for by Names and Powers are all powers awakened and re-awakened.'"

"If it is important to you and it matters to then it matters, just like I could not use Master Telar's computer to work magick if my life depended on it, for me it is the meaning behind the words that are important and not the words themselves. I can tell you what my teacher Llewellyn the last Primus of House Diedne taught me, though his words where in Gaelic but I will translate for you...The Gods formed man out of twigs and clay and breathed life into their creation, the power of the Gods flow through me and so I run my hands over the clay of my form to feel every strength and weakness under my fingers the knowlege I seek will not be denied me for I speak as a creator!"

He shrugged a touch and then focused himself again inward, like dropping a plumbob into a well to measure the water. It was easy to see the Diedne training that Amadeus had known, once long ago in another life - it sounded as if a Tytalus were training him (there was power in whatever they gave or took as power, and with their will controlled it), not far from what his pater could instruct, aside from a visceral view on some of the images. He tried to command his body, his vessel, the salt of earth to give him an understanding. He started first by focusing on the pain itself, and let it lead him back - the shape of the pain that was in his body and the relationship between them as he spoke the words.

It took a little while, then your mind traveled back through the pain and into the core of your physical being, and then you saw...a pattern, a great pattern that was your body, you could see the bruise Julia's bullet had left on your head, and see your immune system work with the inert virus you had gotten through the tetanus shot you got yesterday, you saw every ache and pain most of them small but you also saw that the tapestry looked thin and worn as if thread had been shaved off it, there was just enough to maintain the pattern properly but it was clearly running on empty and if you lost much more of your vital energy your life would fall apart like a tapestry with it's threads cut.

Serge:

"It was made by the Deaconess! I had some earlier and it's quite good" Serge said.

"The Deaconess O'Connor went into the kitchen to cook...shit she really should not be in there. I do not doubt that the soup is good but I worry for the Deaconess' safety."
Henrietta said and frowned.

"Your watching over the vampires? Neat. Wish we could feed them soup instead of.... the other stuff they eat." Serge said sheepishly.

"I am watching over two men frozen in their own bodies, they are terrified an in pain and all I can do is try to make the whole thing a little less horrible by keeping them company."
The Hollower said and frowned.
"Yes if they could eat regular food that would make things easier indeed."

"She's pretty strong so she might be able to handle. Do you need any help Nicole?" Serge asked as he glanced over to make sure the Nicole was ok.

"I have no doubt that she is Mr Yager but I was more thinking help with filling bowls and distributing them."
Henrietta said and she raised an eyebrow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 31 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next