Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 Empty The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:17 pm

(OOC: Adley is working on new wards for Steelhaven with his Mentor, Colin is on his way down to see Mr Bergen, Nicola have just arrived the Umbra Docks with Rodger and Miles, Serge is looking for Liv and Tane is visiting with Beatrice. Happy gaming everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:31 pm

"That is kind of you Mr Wainwright I however can not get past the point that Mr Bergen betrayed this Chantry and to the Nephandi no less and put Avatars in danger, but if you are able to show him kindness that is probably a good thing."
The Chorister muttered and she frowned.
Colin smiled thinly, "I'm not disputing that he attempted something terrible against us all - but ultimately, he failed, and he did what he did out of desperation and love for his daughter. And that last part, really, does afford him at least a little sympathy, if not for his sake, then for his daughter who will be terribly hurt if her mother's betrayal and death are immediately followed by her father being Gilgulled and executed..."

"Certainly I will ask him to ask if he comes back down before you return here Mr Wainwright."
She agreed and nodded.
He nodded, "Thank you."
Then he headed downstairs to the cells, first swinging by Kyle's cell, nodding to the guard and knocking lightly on the door.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:49 pm

Colin smiled thinly, "I'm not disputing that he attempted something terrible against us all - but ultimately, he failed, and he did what he did out of desperation and love for his daughter. And that last part, really, does afford him at least a little sympathy, if not for his sake, then for his daughter who will be terribly hurt if her mother's betrayal and death are immediately followed by her father being Gilgulled and executed..."

"I will give you that I hope Mr Bergen are not Gilgulled, both for the sake of his daughter but also because his Avatar is clean so to destroy it would be a shame, it is unlikely that this will be his fate though his crimes can lead to it. An execution though that he deserves."
Hildegard said sternly.
"It should be made quite clear that such betrayal will be punished even if he had his reasons for doing so and those reasons are understandable."

He nodded, "Thank you."

"My pleasure, good day for now Mr Wainwright."
The Chorister said and nodded.

Then he headed downstairs to the cells, first swinging by Kyle's cell, nodding to the guard and knocking lightly on the door.

The guards in the hallway nodded back and Helga opened the door for you. Freddy had been sitting by Kyle's bed but now she stood and she gave you a big smile.
"Hello love."
Kyle you saw was awake and he was eating a cookie he still looked rather tired and pale though so the drugs where not all out of his system yet.
"Hi Mr Wainwright."
He muttered around a mouthful of cookie.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:49 pm

"Agreed there is something comforting about cartoons, a world of wonder where nothing is truly dangerous, I always enjoyed watching them when I was a kid and like watching them together with Liv now that I am an adult."
He said and smiled fondly.

"I always watched them by myself." Serge said with a smile. "They always helped me to forget about all my troubles."

"That is correct Serge I do, I am not scrying on anyone I just know, it is a side effect of my magick."
Narim said and nodded.

"OK that is the coolest side effect I've ever heard. Wish I got stuff like that." Serge said with a smile.

"I believe Miss Bergen is in Miss Olson's room, she have room 207 right down the hall here."
Narim said and nodded.
"Or so my gut feeling tells me."

"Oh right down the hall." Serge said looking to his side straight at Narim's wall which was not the hallway.

"She's in my cousins's room, that's nice. Anyways thanks Narim." Serge said thanking the virtual apdept for his help.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:18 pm

"I always watched them by myself." Serge said with a smile. "They always helped me to forget about all my troubles."

"I imagine they might have been even better if you had someone to watch them with growing up."
Ulv said and he smiled a little.

"OK that is the coolest side effect I've ever heard. Wish I got stuff like that." Serge said with a smile.

"You will Serge eventually all mages get such side effects of their magick eventually as their power grows."
Narim said and smiled.
"But thank you."

"Oh right down the hall." Serge said looking to his side straight at Narim's wall which was not the hallway.

"That is correct right down the hall."

"She's in my cousins's room, that's nice. Anyways thanks Narim." Serge said thanking the virtual apdept for his help.

"My pleasure Serge...ah yes off course your Mentor and Mr Darehill where trained by the same Teacher then?"
He asked then he smiled.
"Let me know if you need anything else."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:19 pm

Jeffry nodded as he took up position oposite you. "When I was an apprentice I was taught the older hand gestures even if the newer ones where the most commonly used by then so it should be fine mea filius."

He nodded. "Regarding my new...friends, I would not wish them to come to harm or be shoved off but they are probably still at work. Will they be fine? Also, my ah..." he made a vague gesture at the center of himself. One could not really often point at their avatar per se, though a moment ago he might have thought he had. He made a face suddenly and his eyes widened as something clicked a bit further into his conceptual understanding. Then he gave his head a shake and returned his attention to his pater.

"Very well then as before we start by calling in the powers and then mentally go through each room placing a sealing sigil on each wall, then conjure a shield around the building then finishing the ritual with the Golden Dawn banishing rituals."

"Yes, sir - clockwise progression I assume, from bottom to top or?" he asked, before they got down to working.

// whoo, new thread : )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:40 pm

He nodded. "Regarding my new...friends, I would not wish them to come to harm or be shoved off but they are probably still at work. Will they be fine? Also, my ah..." he made a vague gesture at the center of himself. One could not really often point at their avatar per se, though a moment ago he might have thought he had. He made a face suddenly and his eyes widened as something clicked a bit further into his conceptual understanding. Then he gave his head a shake and returned his attention to his pater.

Jeffry looked at you for a moment as you got your sudden realization as he could see you where thinking about something but this was not the time and place to ask about it so he said.
"We will invite your friends and your ehm...tenant into the ward as we cast it and they will not be affected."
He assured you.
"We will also invite in anyone else who is out of the Chantry at this time so they can get back in."

"Yes, sir - clockwise progression I assume, from bottom to top or?" he asked, before they got down to working.

"Yes we start with the Node since it is the heart of the Chantry and move in a clockwise direction from bottom to top."
The Hermetic said and he expected you to be able to visualize every room in the Chantry.
"We finish in the chapel then end the visualization before sealing the rote with the Golden Dawn rituals."

(OOC: New thread indeed.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:16 pm

"I will give you that I hope Mr Bergen are not Gilgulled, both for the sake of his daughter but also because his Avatar is clean so to destroy it would be a shame, it is unlikely that this will be his fate though his crimes can lead to it. An execution though that he deserves."
Hildegard said sternly.
"It should be made quite clear that such betrayal will be punished even if he had his reasons for doing so and those reasons are understandable."
Colin nodded, "Oh, if he is allowed to live, I have no reason to believe that he will spend a single day truly free from scrutiny... The best outcome for him, I think, would be a Branding and a suspended sentence with lifetime probation... I think I would be quite pleased with that, for Liv's sake."

The guards in the hallway nodded back and Helga opened the door for you. Freddy had been sitting by Kyle's bed but now she stood and she gave you a big smile.
"Hello love."
Kyle you saw was awake and he was eating a cookie he still looked rather tired and pale though so the drugs where not all out of his system yet.
"Hi Mr Wainwright."
He muttered around a mouthful of cookie.
He smiled back to Freddy, "Hello, luv. Is he behaving properly?"
He winked down to Kyle, "And hello again, Kyle... is she behaving properly?"
He smoothly took the books and cookie jar out of the bag and set them on the table, "I brought you a few more books, if you feel like reading a little more. And it seems I have misplaced my cookie jar. If you should happen to find it, I should like it returned to me undamaged. The contents of it... well, they have a funny way of disappearing in thin air."
He glanced at the boy's expression and gave him an apologetic, guilty look, "How do you feel? Still a bit achy after my unfortunate mistake? Not too worse for wear, I hope?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:48 pm

"We will invite your friends and your ehm...tenant into the ward as we cast it and they will not be affected."
He assured you.
"We will also invite in anyone else who is out of the Chantry at this time so they can get back in."

"Good. I do not have the...er, entire Names for my friends but if I did, even so, it would be wiser if you did the intonations, even if you've protected us here. I do not know if it is sufficient, without a test beforehand to contain my voice and we must be extra cautious. I can either write them on the slab or mentally construct them to back you up?" he suggested.

"Yes we start with the Node since it is the heart of the Chantry and move in a clockwise direction from bottom to top." The Hermetic said and he expected you to be able to visualize every room in the Chantry. "We finish in the chapel then end the visualization before sealing the rote with the Golden Dawn rituals."

"Yes, sir." He turned then, ready to start.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:05 pm

"I imagine they might have been even better if you had someone to watch them with growing up."
Ulv said and he smiled a little.

"I did watch them with other people. Granted those people were imaginary but they were real to me." Serge said with a shrug.

"But yeah it would've been nice to have someone I wasn't controlling in my head watching with me."

"You will Serge eventually all mages get such side effects of their magick eventually as their power grows."
Narim said and smiled.
"But thank you."

"Yeah but with my luck my side effects will probably be me hallucinating people who aren't their or short-term memory loss every time I sneeze." Serge said with a smile.

"My pleasure Serge...ah yes off course your Mentor and Mr Darehill where trained by the same Teacher then?"
He asked then he smiled.
"Let me know if you need anything else."

"Yeah. I got an Uncle and a Cousin now." Serge said with a smile. "Speaking of my Uncle I should go see him too. I haven't seen him in a while."

"Anyways thanks for the info. Let me know if you ever need my help. Oh and let me know when you finish writing that tracking app with my drawings. I kinda wanna see that." Serge said with a final wave as he left Narim's office and walked over to room 207.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:38 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a shudder as they passed through; it was clear from her reaction she was familiar enough with it, but not enough to be completely at ease with it.

'Could of given a little bit of warning.' she grumbled, stretching out her limbs, straightening out her jacket and grabbing her rucksack from the car.

[Don't the Tremere have their 'technomancy' Path too? And sorry about delay; RL stuff.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:11 am

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Oh, if he is allowed to live, I have no reason to believe that he will spend a single day truly free from scrutiny... The best outcome for him, I think, would be a Branding and a suspended sentence with lifetime probation... I think I would be quite pleased with that, for Liv's sake."

Hildegard nodded at that and she gave a thin smile.
"Branding and lifestime probation I can accept both for little Liv Bergen's sake and for his poor Cabal who is quite in shock over these events. I worry about Miss Blackwell, she have lost two of her Umbrood allies, her Cabalmate is arrested and she was nearly killed, it have been allot for her."

He smiled back to Freddy, "Hello, luv. Is he behaving properly?"

Freddy grinned back.
"Well he have been sleeping for the most part and just woke up and since then he have been busy eating a cookie so yes love not to much wil things going on."
The Virtual Adept said as she hugged you.

He winked down to Kyle, "And hello again, Kyle... is she behaving properly?"

The young mage nodded and he gave a bit of a tired smile.
"Yes Sir Miss Adlebloom is very nice. I can see why you like her."

He smoothly took the books and cookie jar out of the bag and set them on the table, "I brought you a few more books, if you feel like reading a little more. And it seems I have misplaced my cookie jar. If you should happen to find it, I should like it returned to me undamaged. The contents of it... well, they have a funny way of disappearing in thin air."
He glanced at the boy's expression and gave him an apologetic, guilty look, "How do you feel? Still a bit achy after my unfortunate mistake? Not too worse for wear, I hope?"

Kyle smiled and he gave the books and interested look reading the titels.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright I appriciate it I do like to read."
He said then he grinned a little.
"I will make sure you get the cookie yar back undamaged, I can not promise anything for the content though they might just decide to run away."
He said then he nodded weakly.
"It still hurts but what Dr Lee gave me is helping allot, please do not feel bad though, even if I knew it was going to urt I would have done it to help save Miss Adlebloom. I assumed it would hurt when I said yes."
He said and Freddy gave the boy a guilty look as well.
"Thank you."
She wispered softly. Kyle just waved his hand.
"It is ok ma'am I am fine."

"Good. I do not have the...er, entire Names for my friends but if I did, even so, it would be wiser if you did the intonations, even if you've protected us here. I do not know if it is sufficient, without a test beforehand to contain my voice and we must be extra cautious. I can either write them on the slab or mentally construct them to back you up?" he suggested.

Your Mentor nodded at that.
"You writing the names up should be sufficient and then focusing on them as I intone them."
He agreed.
"An yes we must be careful mea filius."

"Yes, sir." He turned then, ready to start.

Jeffry nodded he took a deep breath then he started the calls for the Quarter Guardians, this was a newer practice that came into Hermetic theory around the time the Yraditions where formed, but the Order had found it to be effective, then once the pressence of the Guardians could be felt begun the lengthy work of mentally going through each section of the Chantry, every room, every hallways and calling up protections. His hands moved smoothly though the sigils for Creo and Vim as he worked and he intoned his orders in Latin.

Serge:

"I did watch them with other people. Granted those people were imaginary but they were real to me." Serge said with a shrug.

"But yeah it would've been nice to have someone I wasn't controlling in my head watching with me."

"Your friends are you so sure you where controlling them? The mind is a strange thing kid and at times and imaginary friend can become as real as those of flesh and blood, have you read about creating thought forms?"
Ulv asked.

"Yeah but with my luck my side effects will probably be me hallucinating people who aren't their or short-term memory loss every time I sneeze." Serge said with a smile.

"You have bad luck Mr Yager, are you not here alive and whole, you have a roof over your head, can eat your fill and you have a Mentor who cares for you deeply, it seams to me that your luck is pretty good."
Narim said and he gave a slight smile.

"Yeah. I got an Uncle and a Cousin now." Serge said with a smile. "Speaking of my Uncle I should go see him too. I haven't seen him in a while."

"Mr Darehill is up on the third floor keeping guard in the hallway."
The Virtual Adept said and he gave a slight smile.
"It is good to keep in touch with family."

"Anyways thanks for the info. Let me know if you ever need my help. Oh and let me know when you finish writing that tracking app with my drawings. I kinda wanna see that." Serge said with a final wave as he left Narim's office and walked over to room 207.

"I will keep that in mind Mr Yager if I end up needing your assistence. As for the tracking app I am working on it give me another twenty minutes or so and it should be done."
Narim said and he smiled as you left before he returned to his office.

You got to Rosa's room and opened the door, the young Cultist soon came to open the door you heard the sound of a Pokemon anime playing on the television and you hear Liv and Jane luaghing.
"Ah Serge what can I help you with?"
The younger Cultist asked.

Nicole:

Nicole gave a shudder as they passed through; it was clear from her reaction she was familiar enough with it, but not enough to be completely at ease with it.

'Could of given a little bit of warning.' she grumbled, stretching out her limbs, straightening out her jacket and grabbing her rucksack from the car.

"Ah yes off course my deepest apologies dear madam."
Rodger said.
"Are you two quite allright?"
Miles nodded at that but said nothing.
"Very well then dear colluages shall we do our job, I assume Chief Morgan's shuttle can be found in one of the smaller hangars behind the main building, pleae follow me and I will show the way...also off course since this is neutral space please do not shoot the Technocrats no matter how tempting that might be, and I have to admit it is very tempting indeed."
Rodger said and he begun to move towards the main building.

(OOC: Yes there is such a path indeed, well one more group then that knows just how much money Serge spend on comic books. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:09 am

Your Mentor nodded at that. "You writing the names up should be sufficient and then focusing on them as I intone them." He agreed. "An yes we must be careful mea filius."

He nodded, made sure he would have what he needed at hand when the time to do that part came.

Jeffry nodded he took a deep breath then he started the calls for the Quarter Guardians, this was a newer practice that came into Hermetic theory around the time the Yraditions where formed, but the Order had found it to be effective, then once the pressence of the Guardians could be felt begun the lengthy work of mentally going through each section of the Chantry, every room, every hallways and calling up protections. His hands moved smoothly though the sigils for Creo and Vim as he worked and he intoned his orders in Latin.

After doing rituals with many other people, some not even Hermetic magii, doing this one with his mentor felt familiar, for all the smaller adjustments. Each room...starting with the node...much learning, studying and memorizing was a part of his apprenticeship and even though he had less patience than his mentor at such tasks it still came in handy in situations like this. Ritual casting often took a lot of time and focus - internalizing the chantry room by room, some rooms he'd only been in or seen in a cursory manner others he knew so well it could be argued that he did not see them as well as a new space; it was a process.

Even though they were only standing within the one room, he could understand better now than he did before being thrown into Worcester how this worked, if he could keep his mind on track. When they moved from one room to another, he tried to envision not just what it looked like but how it made him feel while he was there, an admixture of cues as well as their basic, abstract forms. The node, with the feeling of its resonance, the coolness of it...each other room in the basement, the cells, including floors, ceilings, and walkways. Each stair, that he often raced up and down without much thought...a winding procession through each room. His pater's office, with the portrait of Flambeau, the Council Chambers. The numbers on the doors ticked by one by one and he imagined being there, the door either open or opening for admittance, the space being protected as their words and  Certain rooms he found that even mentally he did not want to wholly envision without caution - Ulv Bergen's came to mind, the trapmaker's - it too would be protected. His own room that he had not seen in what must be about two weeks by his clock - a series of bare blank walls, a kitchen dining table with a pair of chairs, nothing in the fridge that wasn't probably spoiled aside from the ever present box of oatmeal. Not much in the way of other furniture in the front room aside from his desk, bookshelves full of books, his bag sitting on the chair. No TV. The refuge that he'd made so he could meditate and lock the door so other people could not bother him...Beatrice's room, across from his and could not be more opposite to his own. Each room, the spaces between, walls, floors, ceilings, that was their home, the sign for creo, the sign for vim made with his hands, one at a time, the incantations, all the way up to the attic.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:31 am

For each room you and your Mentor worked through, creating the appropriate protections turning the Chantry into the fortress it looked like in the Penumbra, a wall of ceative will holding out anything not welcome, the protections grow, each time the ritual gestures and words where repeated with intent and will they where strengthened and the visualized rooms felt more real, you could feel the old worn floorboards under your feet, feel the childlike, creative Resonance Jane had in her small chamber mixed with the rotted stench of what had been destroyed there last night, there where a sense of grief in Dion's room, you had never been in there but knew her apartment where similar to everyone else's and so could envision it, and there was a sense of death there after her two Umbroods had been destroyed. You could nearly hear the creak in the step in the stairs between the second and third floors that needed repairs, each room feeling as if you really where there and as you worked you got a feeling that this was your home, and that feeling grew along with a need to protect it, a need manifested as the barrier you and your Mentor created around the Chantry, from cellar and garage to attic leaving no room behind.

Once you had gotten to the last room, the small meditation room called the chapel in the attic there was a vibrating feeling of force around the Chantry and you heard your Mentor's voice begin to intone the names of the Chantry Members not currently at the Chantry which would be allowed back in, which meant it was time for you to write down the name of your spirit allies and also some way to refer to you lodger to let him continue to be welcome. Around you Quintessence danced and swirled, and there was a feeling that each action and each word now spoken had meaning for right now you stood on holy ground, made so by your will and the forces you where in contact with.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:45 am

Hildegard nodded at that and she gave a thin smile.
"Branding and lifestime probation I can accept both for little Liv Bergen's sake and for his poor Cabal who is quite in shock over these events. I worry about Miss Blackwell, she have lost two of her Umbrood allies, her Cabalmate is arrested and she was nearly killed, it have been allot for her."
Colin nodded, frowning, "Yes, the loss of her Umbrood friends was a tragedy... It's a pity, really, I never even got the chance to see them - just picked up the ability this morning, so to speak."
He paused, "Miss Blackwell is visibly distressed, though, and that's actually a good sign - she allows herself to grieve, instead of bottling it up. I think she will do fine eventually, though for now, she'll need a reminder that she is alive, and that she has friends who also live and care for her."

Freddy grinned back.
"Well he have been sleeping for the most part and just woke up and since then he have been busy eating a cookie so yes love not to much wil things going on."
The Virtual Adept said as she hugged you.
He slightly awkwardly raised his arms a little and accepted the hug, the bags in his hands making it a little difficult to return the embrace.

The young mage nodded and he gave a bit of a tired smile.
"Yes Sir Miss Adlebloom is very nice. I can see why you like her."
He smiled enigmatically, "It might stick a little deeper than what you can see... but yes, she is."

Kyle smiled and he gave the books and interested look reading the titels.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright I appriciate it I do like to read."
He said then he grinned a little.
"I will make sure you get the cookie yar back undamaged, I can not promise anything for the content though they might just decide to run away."
He said then he nodded weakly.
"It still hurts but what Dr Lee gave me is helping allot, please do not feel bad though, even if I knew it was going to urt I would have done it to help save Miss Adlebloom. I assumed it would hurt when I said yes."
He said and Freddy gave the boy a guilty look as well.
"Thank you."
She wispered softly. Kyle just waved his hand.
"It is ok ma'am I am fine."
He nodded, "Still, had I realized that you would be rendered partially undead, like a lich, and immune to local anesthesia as a result, I would have said so, made sure you got something general to ease the pain. Your Mentor is wise and merciful; for our mistake, Dr. Lee and I are to set up an infirmary upstairs, and we are personally responsible for making sure you are going to be comfortable with medical care. I hope we haven't soured you entirely on doctors, even if perhaps hospitals are going to be a bit uncomfortable to think of?"

((OOC: I thought Tremere Technomancy would be more about using and abusing machines directly, and less about, well, scrying and spying? Thematically, I'd think the Tremere would be more likely to have abilities related to control and changing the physical aspect of things than what essentially falls under information gathering and data processing...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:41 pm

Colin nodded, frowning, "Yes, the loss of her Umbrood friends was a tragedy... It's a pity, really, I never even got the chance to see them - just picked up the ability this morning, so to speak."

"Congratulations on your developing abilities Mr Wainwright."
Hildegard said then she sigh.
"Yes the loss of the Umbroods are a tragedy indeed."

He paused, "Miss Blackwell is visibly distressed, though, and that's actually a good sign - she allows herself to grieve, instead of bottling it up. I think she will do fine eventually, though for now, she'll need a reminder that she is alive, and that she has friends who also live and care for her."

"Agreed and I will visit with Miss Blackwell as soon as there is time, she is strong but she needs her friends to support her in this difficult time."
Hildegard agreed.

He slightly awkwardly raised his arms a little and accepted the hug, the bags in his hands making it a little difficult to return the embrace.

Freddy just grinned at you and eventually let go of you.

He smiled enigmatically, "It might stick a little deeper than what you can see... but yes, she is."

"I guess you are right about that Sir."
Kyle said and nodded. Freddy just gave you a warm smile.

He nodded, "Still, had I realized that you would be rendered partially undead, like a lich, and immune to local anesthesia as a result, I would have said so, made sure you got something general to ease the pain.

"It was not your fault Sir you did not know."
The young widderslainte said.
"And it is over now and we know more now, we know things that can save lives."

Your Mentor is wise and merciful; for our mistake, Dr. Lee and I are to set up an infirmary upstairs, and we are personally responsible for making sure you are going to be comfortable with medical care.

"My Mentor have set you to build a infirmary Sir? I guess that can be a good thing to have for the Chantry. I am glad he was not to angry with you though. As for medical care it makes me...uneasy I guess, though when I get Paradox sick I guess I have to."
He said looked rather scared.

I hope we haven't soured you entirely on doctors, even if perhaps hospitals are going to be a bit uncomfortable to think of?"

"Yes they...are uncomfortable to think about but not really because I...because of today I mean it hurt and where scary but I was willing to do that, I think perhaps that with the House I will join Sir I will encounter allot of situations that are painful and scary and that...is life but usually when I am sick I am not given any kind of choice, if I protest I am held down and things are just done to me, and I have to hide fear and pain and not show it or my mom will cry."
The boy muttered sadly and he tried to turn over on his side and hissed in pain. Freddy gently put a hand on his shoulder.
"Stay still Kyle and let your spine heal, it is ok no one is forcing you to do anything kid."

(OOC: It is mostly controlling machines directly so ok perhaps Clan Tremere is the one group who do not spy on Serge's internet history.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:25 pm

"It was not your fault Sir you did not know."
The young widderslainte said.
"And it is over now and we know more now, we know things that can save lives."
Colin frowned, "No, but I should have managed to put two and two together, even without a medical background. And much as we know more, and can save lives, possibly even reverse certain forms of nerve damage... I still made a mistake that had consequences for you. And I will ever have to live with that."

"My Mentor have set you to build a infirmary Sir? I guess that can be a good thing to have for the Chantry. I am glad he was not to angry with you though. As for medical care it makes me...uneasy I guess, though when I get Paradox sick I guess I have to."
He said looked rather scared.
He smiled wryly, "Oh, he was quite furious, but in control. And... we will have to ease you into a greater degree of comfort with medical care - that is, after all, what the latter word should demand from medicine."

"Yes they...are uncomfortable to think about but not really because I...because of today I mean it hurt and where scary but I was willing to do that, I think perhaps that with the House I will join Sir I will encounter allot of situations that are painful and scary and that...is life but usually when I am sick I am not given any kind of choice, if I protest I am held down and things are just done to me, and I have to hide fear and pain and not show it or my mom will cry."
The boy muttered sadly and he tried to turn over on his side and hissed in pain. Freddy gently put a hand on his shoulder.
"Stay still Kyle and let your spine heal, it is ok no one is forcing you to do anything kid."
He nodded, "I... let your Mentor know about your eye; it was in large part why I let you have as much agency as you did today. I think he will grant you a greater degree of body autonomy than your parents have. Oh, he might insist you see a physician or magical healer with any problems you might have - which is more than likely to include physical injury from trials and experiments that don't go entirely according to plan - but I sincerely doubt he will hold you down to have anything done. And... I think you can get away with showing a little more fear and pain, since your mother will not necessarily be around to see it."
He sighed, "It's perfectly alright to show that you're scared and hurt; even more so if it helps you work through it quicker... I'm about to head straight into the most dangerous mission I've had to date, and I've only been more terrified once, when Freddy was shot... Acknowledging that fear helps me control it, helps me use it to stay alert, while trying to deny it would only impair me and be likely to get me killed or worse."
He gave Freddy an apologetic grin, "That said, luv, I'm coming back as intact as possible; even if I have to hijack a Nephandi Battlecruiser and crash it into the lake in the Boston Public Garden... Hopefully, that won't be necessary, since Master Sharaya gave me an emergency exit, and I'll have a shuttle with a pilot nearby to get me home..."
He sighed, "Well, I need a word with Mr. Bergen before I go, and then... I will see you later."
He gave Freddy a quick peck on the cheek before turning for the door, "I must not fear... Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:41 pm

Anja's Post:

'I dunno... think I might have whiplash and mental anguish, me.' Nicole replied in the melodramatic tones of seen in actors of shady lawyer ads, then gave a grin.

On the information, Nicole nodded; checking her jacket to make sure her gun wasn't clearly on display. Soon enough, as they start walking she'll fish out a packet of smokes and light one.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:43 pm

Colin:

Colin frowned, "No, but I should have managed to put two and two together, even without a medical background. And much as we know more, and can save lives, possibly even reverse certain forms of nerve damage... I still made a mistake that had consequences for you. And I will ever have to live with that."

Kyle gave you a weak smile.
"Well if a few of my cells are undead and that will not really affect me much it is fine, and the pain is allot less now."
He said.
"Do not worry about it Sir I will be fine."

He smiled wryly, "Oh, he was quite furious, but in control. And... we will have to ease you into a greater degree of comfort with medical care - that is, after all, what the latter word should demand from medicine."

"We could bring him with us to the hospital cafeteria the food is not bad and just having a meal there might help him get used to being at the hospital and then hand picking the doctors he sees to make sure they are gentle and understanding might help."
Freddy said and smiled. Kyle looked at you.
"My Mentor was angry sorry about that Sir I did not mean to get you into trouble."
He said looking concerned.

He nodded, "I... let your Mentor know about your eye; it was in large part why I let you have as much agency as you did today. I think he will grant you a greater degree of body autonomy than your parents have. Oh, he might insist you see a physician or magical healer with any problems you might have - which is more than likely to include physical injury from trials and experiments that don't go entirely according to plan - but I sincerely doubt he will hold you down to have anything done. And... I think you can get away with showing a little more fear and pain, since your mother will not necessarily be around to see it."

Kyle looked down towards his legs and shivered.
"Thank you Sir...today would have been bad if I had been forced to do it."
He muttered.
"You think my Mentor will not force me? I mean I want to be healthy and I do not want to die but I do not like to have no say in what happens to me, and when something is scary and hurts like for example with that serum it makes it even harder to have to make sure I do not cry out."

He sighed, "It's perfectly alright to show that you're scared and hurt; even more so if it helps you work through it quicker... I'm about to head straight into the most dangerous mission I've had to date, and I've only been more terrified once, when Freddy was shot... Acknowledging that fear helps me control it, helps me use it to stay alert, while trying to deny it would only impair me and be likely to get me killed or worse."

Freddy gave you a thin smile and she touched the side of her head for a moment, only a patch of pink skin now marked where he had been shot.
"Miss Adlebloom was shot Mr Wainwright? That is horrible!"
Kyle said and Freddy nodded.
"I was but I was healed I am ok now it is why I can not see properly yet but my vision is returning."
The young widderslainte nodded at that and looked at you.
"I understand Sir and yes when something is scary it is harder to deal with when I have to keep it to myself."
He agreed.

He gave Freddy an apologetic grin, "That said, luv, I'm coming back as intact as possible; even if I have to hijack a Nephandi Battlecruiser and crash it into the lake in the Boston Public Garden... Hopefully, that won't be necessary, since Master Sharaya gave me an emergency exit, and I'll have a shuttle with a pilot nearby to get me home..."

"Oh you better come back alive love or I will strangle you."
Freddy said and gave you a stern look.
"And try to avoid bringing the battle cruiser with you but hey whatever you have to do."

He sighed, "Well, I need a word with Mr. Bergen before I go, and then... I will see you later."

"Ok Sir thank you for dropping by."
Kyle said and he waved at you.

He gave Freddy a quick peck on the cheek before turning for the door, "I must not fear... Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration..."

Freddy squeezed your hand lightly.
"You will do well love, I believe in you."
She said before you left.

Nicole:

I dunno... think I might have whiplash and mental anguish, me.' Nicole replied in the melodramatic tones of seen in actors of shady lawyer ads, then gave a grin.

"Dimensional plane shifting backlash...sounds like something to go to the doctor with."
Rodger said and grinned.
"Na I think you are made of sterner stuff than this ma'am."

On the information, Nicole nodded; checking her jacket to make sure her gun wasn't clearly on display. Soon enough, as they start walking she'll fish out a packet of smokes and light one.

You walked down the main road of the Umbral Docks and past the largest building, finally you got to the collection of smaller hangars and a woman in a crisp, gray uniform approached your group her name tag said her name was Renata.
"May I help you folks with something?"
She asked politely, she was pretty with light brown hair in a ponytail, large boobs, a thin waist and not a hair out of order, just the kind of woman you where not particularly fond of.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:47 pm

"Your friends are you so sure you where controlling them? The mind is a strange thing kid and at times and imaginary friend can become as real as those of flesh and blood, have you read about creating thought forms?"
Ulv asked.

"Thought forms....they sound familiar. I think I might've read about them. What were they again?" Serge asked.

"You have bad luck Mr Yager, are you not here alive and whole, you have a roof over your head, can eat your fill and you have a Mentor who cares for you deeply, it seams to me that your luck is pretty good."
Narim said and he gave a slight smile.

"True...but luck can be a funny thing. When left on it's own it's like a sine graph. When your up high you'll eventually go down low. When your down you'll eventually go back up again." Serge said with a smile.

"But yeah your right, From everything I've been hearing so far, I should probably be more grateful for my luck."

You got to Rosa's room and opened the door, the young Cultist soon came to open the door you heard the sound of a Pokemon anime playing on the television and you hear Liv and Jane laughing.
"Ah Serge what can I help you with?"
The younger Cultist asked.

"Yes I would like to watch Pokemon." Serge said, the famous cartoon temporarily driving out all other thoughts in his head.

Hearing the young girl's laughter, Serge remembered what he originally wanted to do and said, "Oh and I also have a message for Liv. Although....that can wait until after the show." Serge said nervously, only now realizing that he didn't know Liv's relationship to her father.

He didn't want to overwhelm the girl by giving her a message from her prisoner father in the midst of watching a colorful cartoon.

(OOC: Yay! Take that Mage vampires! That's one way you can't spy on Serge Razz.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:57 pm

Kyle gave you a weak smile.
"Well if a few of my cells are undead and that will not really affect me much it is fine, and the pain is allot less now."
He said.
"Do not worry about it Sir I will be fine."
Colin smiled thinly, "Well, I do trust you are right in that regard. The discomfort will pass, as will the Primium residue."

"We could bring him with us to the hospital cafeteria the food is not bad and just having a meal there might help him get used to being at the hospital and then hand picking the doctors he sees to make sure they are gentle and understanding might help."
Freddy said and smiled. Kyle looked at you.
"My Mentor was angry sorry about that Sir I did not mean to get you into trouble."
He said looking concerned.
He nodded, "Bringing him along to visit others, good idea. Besides, I might need a hand for placing an item I will donate once it is made. Does that sound agreeable, Kyle?"
He grinned wryly, "Oh, you have nothing to apologize for, I got into trouble all on my own."

Kyle looked down towards his legs and shivered.
"Thank you Sir...today would have been bad if I had been forced to do it."
He muttered.
"You think my Mentor will not force me? I mean I want to be healthy and I do not want to die but I do not like to have no say in what happens to me, and when something is scary and hurts like for example with that serum it makes it even harder to have to make sure I do not cry out."
He nodded, "I know it would. That's why I let you call the shots. And I do indeed think Chief Morgan will not force you. He might be disappointed if you shy away from necessary treatment, but he does understand fear and pain, and how it makes things more difficult. No, I think he will be quite stern, but gentle in trying to shepherd you past your fears, as he ordered Dr. Lee and myself to do, and there's no shame in crying out if the pain is too much..."

"Oh you better come back alive love or I will strangle you."
Freddy said and gave you a stern look.
"And try to avoid bringing the battle cruiser with you but hey whatever you have to do."
He chuckled softly, "And with that, the Fallen seem a lot less threatening..."

Freddy squeezed your hand lightly.
"You will do well love, I believe in you."
She said before you left.
He nodded and gave her a warm smile, then strode over to Ulv's makeshift cell, giving the guard a brief nod, "I'd like a word with him, if you please?"

((OOC: Oh, the Tremere can still spy on Serge, they're just less likely to use technology for it. One drop of blood, though... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:36 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole followed the group, looking around with a mixture of caution and curiousity. Charted the approach of the woman, her eyes slowly narrowing as she got a better view.

On halting, Nicole looked right at Renata, stopping a step or two behind the others. Drew herself up, flexing out her shoulders, letting the older Scientist do the talking. Not threatening per se, at least not directly.

[Unconsciously attempting an Intimidation roll? Your call, Great One!]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:40 pm

Serge:

"Thought forms....they sound familiar. I think I might've read about them. What were they again?" Serge asked.

"Thought forms are when someone create a being from their imagination, many cultures and religions have had the idea, some think that the Gods themselves are the thought forms of their believers, the most recent interaction is tulpas found online today where many young people create real imaginary friends for themselves."
Ulv explained.

"True...but luck can be a funny thing. When left on it's own it's like a sine graph. When your up high you'll eventually go down low. When your down you'll eventually go back up again." Serge said with a smile.

"But yeah your right, From everything I've been hearing so far, I should probably be more grateful for my luck."

"Off course luck go up and down however from how you worded yourself it sounded like you said you had been so unlucky in life that the way your magick will manifest in the future will turn out undesirable and while I do not know you well enough to say I am just saying that perhaps you have better fortune than you think."
Narim said and smiled a little.

"Yes I would like to watch Pokemon." Serge said, the famous cartoon temporarily driving out all other thoughts in his head.

Hearing the young girl's laughter, Serge remembered what he originally wanted to do and said, "Oh and I also have a message for Liv. Although....that can wait until after the show." Serge said nervously, only now realizing that he didn't know Liv's relationship to her father.

He didn't want to overwhelm the girl by giving her a message from her prisoner father in the midst of watching a colorful cartoon.

"Well you are welcome to come in Serge I was asked to watch over the girls so I put on a show for them."
Rosa said and moved out of the way so you could come in.
"Liv Bergen is here together with Jane...ehm just find yourself a seat oh and I have some popcorn if you would like."
The young Cultist offered. Her apartment where the same as most of the other a living room and kitchen in one and a door to a bed room and a bath room, there where book shelves full of CDs, books and movies, a nice TV and stereo. The furniture looked second hand and there where band posters on the wall, the living room table was painted a bright purple and there was a colorful rug on the floor. There was a note stand to one side of the room and a violin case. Jane and Liv sat in a large armchair watching an episode of Pokemon with a bowl of popcorn in their lap. Both girls looks up at you and wave at you.

Colin:

Colin smiled thinly, "Well, I do trust you are right in that regard. The discomfort will pass, as will the Primium residue."

Kyle smiles a little and nodded.
"Yeah I think you are right about that Sir."

He nodded, "Bringing him along to visit others, good idea. Besides, I might need a hand for placing an item I will donate once it is made. Does that sound agreeable, Kyle?"

"Ok that is ok I guess I do not like going back there but it is ok."
Kyle said a bit hesitantly. Freddy nodded.
"We could bring him to the hospital cafeteria just to eat as well Colin to get him used to being in the building."
She said.

He grinned wryly, "Oh, you have nothing to apologize for, I got into trouble all on my own."

"Yeah he is good at that alright."
Freddy said wryly and he grinned at you. Kyle glanced at you and gave you an uncertain smile.

He nodded, "I know it would. That's why I let you call the shots. And I do indeed think Chief Morgan will not force you. He might be disappointed if you shy away from necessary treatment, but he does understand fear and pain, and how it makes things more difficult. No, I think he will be quite stern, but gentle in trying to shepherd you past your fears, as he ordered Dr. Lee and myself to do, and there's no shame in crying out if the pain is too much..."

"Thank you for that Sir I appreciate it and I do not want to disappoint Master Morgan though there are some things I am not sure I will be able to do willingly."
He said and he looked down at his pale hands.
"It might not be shame in crying out but when it makes those around sad I can not do it."
He said and sigh.

He chuckled softly, "And with that, the Fallen seem a lot less threatening..."

"Fear me not them."
Freddy said a bit disturbingly happily and she hugged you again."

He nodded and gave her a warm smile, then strode over to Ulv's makeshift cell, giving the guard a brief nod, "I'd like a word with him, if you please?"

Darrian nodded and opened the door. Inside Ulv still sat bound to a shelf he looked to be in allot better mood now then before though and you saw a very well done drawing of Liv sit leaned against another shelf where he could see it. Ulv looked up at you and scowled.
"Wainwright."
He muttered.

Nicole:

Nicole followed the group, looking around with a mixture of caution and curiousity. Charted the approach of the woman, her eyes slowly narrowing as she got a better view.

On halting, Nicole looked right at Renata, stopping a step or two behind the others. Drew herself up, flexing out her shoulders, letting the older Scientist do the talking. Not threatening per se, at least not directly.

Renata looked at you for a moment then she gulped and took a few steps back.
"Ehm...yes ehm..."
She said. Rodger gave the woman a friendly smile and handed her some papers.
"I am looking for Jeffry Morgan's shuttle ma'am."
He said and the now nervous young woman nodded and pointed.
"Yes...ehm...down there hangar six plot four Sir."
She said. Rodger smiled.
"Much obliged ma'am."
Renata gave a nervous smile before she looked at you again then she muttered.
"Ehm...I must go excuse me."
She said before she hurried out of the way of your group casting little glances back in your direction now and again as she went on her way.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:01 pm

Gave a critical eyebrow to the retreating woman, then it seemingly passed from Nicole's mind. 'Welcome party?' she said to the air in general.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:23 pm

Once you had gotten to the last room, the small meditation room called the chapel in the attic there was a vibrating feeling of force around the Chantry and you heard your Mentor's voice begin to intone the names of the Chantry Members not currently at the Chantry which would be allowed back in, which meant it was time for you to write down the name of your spirit allies and also some way to refer to you lodger to let him continue to be welcome. Around you Quintessence danced and swirled, and there was a feeling that each action and each word now spoken had meaning for right now you stood on holy ground, made so by your will and the forces you where in contact with.

Carefully he inscribed what he knew of the Name of the umbrood protector shard that he had understood so far, leaving the spaces for the letters and sounds in Enochian that were unknown so far with question marks as a placeholder, the whole thing within a circle. He also added its nickname: 'known to other friendly spirits as the Beacon' and the 'one who I know in a possibility as an ephemeral Son who called him Father' - qualifiers and other designations he knew of it, such as its former position that it held at the villa, the Guardian Protector, the more specific the better, concentrating on the shard that was present with him and his avatar. To do otherwise might accidentally allow in some other being with a similar Name and that could be dangerous. Uragi's children were somewhat easier, as he had their parental Name as a designation and could refer to the particular brood that had been sent to help him protect the Beacon. His friends and allies and in the fight, even the shard which had at first been rather unwanted, had helped them all to survive. In his heart and mind's eye he silently spoke each part of the Names, not aloud, but to himself, so the allowance would be known.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 30 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Next