Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:46 pm

"I do hope my brother is okey with me being our Mentor's new student."
Yu Die said and nodded.
"And it is nice to have a sibling, I have been sent from foster home to foster home you know but for the first time since my parents died I feel like I have a family you know."

"Trust me I know how that feels. Both my parents are alive and well but I'm pretty sure they haven't thought about me since I left. Being with my Mentor was the only time I felt like somebody cared about my existence." Serge said giving a knowing look on his face.

"Well....somebody real that is."

The young Akashic said and Ryan smiled then he looked at you and shook his head.
"No you are Ange's first apprentice, one day though she is likely to take another when she find a promising student."

"I hope it's another boy. I want a brother. And for some reason I keep finding myself surrounded by girls." Serge said humorously as he glanced around the room at Jane, Liv, Cava, Rosa, and Yu Die.

Yu Die glanced in at the sleeping Rosa an smiled.
"She looks nice Sir."
She said about Rosa.

"She's cool. Plays the violin." Serge nodded. "I still haven't heard her play. But I assume she's good."

"I will do my best to stay alive yes."
Ryan said.
"Do not worry kid and yes I have to get back and do my job...now you be a good girl Yu Die."
He said and Master Boz nodded.
"I should go as well Mr Yager if you would please care for Liv until I come back then I will repay your kindness young man."
The Hermetic said.

Serge nodded in agreement, "Don't worry, I'll take care of everyone. Good luck on your mission."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23 - Page 28 Empty Re: The Aswadim's Blood, Battles and the Lonely Handler IC Thread 23

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Nicole:

A worried frown, which started to change to a rather nasty smile. 'Hmm... gust of wind, yes? Is it possible for you to blow an object through the door, then to send a fireball when the object reaches 'em? This is an auto shop; sure I'll be able to find something very flammable - or even explosive 'round here somewhere.'

"Yes I can do so, blow an object down there or even gently levitate it though off course then it would be easier for our enemies to intercept it."
Antonio said and then he added.
"And your oh so classic fireball, yes I can wite one of those into existence for you...hum you are thinking of setting of a bomb in their faces then?"
He whispered.

Serge:

"Trust me I know how that feels. Both my parents are alive and well but I'm pretty sure they haven't thought about me since I left. Being with my Mentor was the only time I felt like somebody cared about my existence." Serge said giving a knowing look on his face.

"Well....somebody real that is."

"Yeah most of my foster parents have just been after the money they get for taking a kid in and really not cared if I lived or died, giving me up as soon as something where cumbersome for them."
Yu Die said bitterly.
"But my Mentor and my brother, I know they care you now, even when things are hard they care."
She said and she smiled a little.

"I hope it's another boy. I want a brother. And for some reason I'm finding myself surrounded by girls." Serge said glancing around the room at Jane, Liv, Cava, Rosa, and Yu Die.

"Well at least you can tell Ange that you where in a room full of girls."
Ryan asked.
"Just omit the part about running a mage daycare and she will be impressed."
He said and grinned.
"As for her future apprentice, who knows who that will be, we will find out when it happens."

"She's cool. Plays the violin." Serge nodded. "I still haven't heard her play. But I assume she's good."

"She is very good indeed, her music touching her soul and Awakening her."
Ryan said and he smiled a little and looked at Rosa.
"After a night of passionate..."
He looked down at Yu Die and stopped what he was about to say.
"Ehm...well anyway."

Serge nodded in agreement, "Don't worry, I'll take care of everyone. Good luck on your mission."

"Thank you kid."
Ryan said and he gave you a wave of his hand before he left. Master Boz hugged his apprentice again.
"I leave Liv in your care then Mr Yager, you have my deepest gratitude."
He said and he gave you a bow. Liv waved when her Mentor walked off and she looked proud of him but also concerned and she gave you a worried look before she walked back to the kitchen table where Cava and Jane where waiting.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:42 pm

'Fast is good; less chance of them countering it.' Nicole replied softly, the plan forming in her head.

If Antonio agrees, she'll then to a quick look for materiel; picking any oils, fuels or solvents in ideally a thin plastic container - a variant of the classic Molotov [cocktail], but hoping in this case the flame would rip it apart, showering the enemy with burning nasties.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:49 pm

"Well at least you can tell Ange that you where in a room full of girls."
Ryan asked.
"Just omit the part about running a mage daycare and she will be impressed."
He said and grinned.

"Impressed? After what she's seen of me in the last 5 years She'll be ecstatic if she thinks I'm chilling in a room full of girls!" Serge said with a laugh.

"She is very good indeed, her music touching her soul and Awakening her."
Ryan said and he smiled a little and looked at Rosa.
"After a night of passionate..."
He looked down at Yu Die and stopped what he was about to say.
"Ehm...well anyway."

Serge shuddered slightly, knowing full well what Ryan meant. He shook his head slightly to try and get the images out of his head. He didn't need to give his overactive imagination more nightmare fuel than it had already seen.

"Thank you kid."
Ryan said and he gave you a wave of his hand before he left. Master Boz hugged his apprentice again.
"I leave Liv in your care then Mr Yager, you have my deepest gratitude."
He said and he gave you a bow. Liv waved when her Mentor walked off and she looked proud of him but also concerned and she gave you a worried look before she walked back to the kitchen table where Cava and Jane where waiting.

Serge gave a polite nod, and waved farewell to his Uncle as the duo left.

Then turning his attention to the young girls, Serge said, "Well class, we have a new member. Please give it up for....Yu Die!"

Then he turned his attention to Yu Die and said, "Well Yu Die, you can draw with us or you can sit somewhere. If your hungry their's plenty of food left over from earlier."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:08 pm

"Well the hospital maps will have to be done on several sheets Sir, sorry but there are several floors and allot of rooms." Andrew said as he opened the door into his Mentor's apartment. The flat where tidy, there where a brown leather sofa and two brown leather chairs around an oak table, several large book cases and a desk out in the living room section, there where manuscripts in frames on the walls. The printer stood on the desk. There where a colorful Egyptian rug on the floor. The kitchen was tidy with a blue kitchen table with a checkered tablecloth. Andrew went over to the computer and turned it on. "I will make the maps as compact as I can Sir." He promised.

"Good, try to get it as much on one page per floor without losing the room details. If a floor runs over one page we'll tape them together," he said, searching a bit as they came into the room. He was both looking for tape and any signs of other trouble, after all Antonio's guardian had been killed unfortunately in the earlier battle. "If you print, I can put them together, double check to make sure it's right and then we'll get them to where they need to go asap," he suggested. It felt nothing like the homework assignment it seemed to be, putting a few maps together not for some school report but to go hunt down a dangerous Nephandus...

// Back from a minication in the Sierras, no snow but the tall pines were chatty in the strong wind. Nice walks and views, food and brews.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:40 pm

"Yes growing up with a Mentor who enjoys torture as a hobby can not have been easy, perhaps the child have seen her fill of that."
Dalisse said and frowned.
Colin sighed, "We'll have to help her through her severe phobia... It will take some time, obviously, but we will have to make sure she gets that time."

You got a reply back.
"To: Mr Wainwright
Topic: Labyrinth Portals.
"Yes we did know about he portal under the shopping mall a second team have been sent there as we speak, I am concerned that our team at the first portal site are having trouble though.
Be Well
JM"
He smiled wryly, "The Chief is still uncomfortable with the informal writing style of text messages... Do you ever use those?"

"Yes vulgar magick on earth is not safe for a Fallen but they can do allot of damage before Paradox takes them down. I am not sure I can help much though, not without my involvement being discovered."
He nodded thoughtfully, "No, not directly... Hum, indirectly, though - how many details can you sense outside the entrances? Numbers, relative locations, that sort of thing?"

((OOC: D&D went well today. Five brave adventurers went out to save the princess, abducted by an Archmage. What the party learned was that the Archmage was named Kevin McAllister, the princess had run away to become his apprentice to avoid being married off by her father... and the Archmage was out, leaving the cunning little darling... Home Alone. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Nicole:

'Fast is good; less chance of them countering it.' Nicole replied softly, the plan forming in her head.

"Agreed."
Antonio said and he glanced towards the corridor the Nephandi where hiding in.
"Speed would be preferable."

If Antonio agrees, she'll then to a quick look for materiel; picking any oils, fuels or solvents in ideally a thin plastic container - a variant of the classic Molotov [cocktail], but hoping in this case the flame would rip it apart, showering the enemy with burning nasties.

You found a thin plastic bottle and various chemicals around the workshop, that was not to hard to find and making a make shift bomb from it where pretty easy as well.
"Are you ready Miss?"
Antonio asked.
"I will tell Miss Mundis an Mr Smithson to stay back if they have made their way inside."

Serge:

"Impressed? After what she's seen of me in the last 5 years She'll be ecstatic if she thinks I'm chilling in a room full of girls!" Serge said with a laugh.

"Yes she...probably will be, if you leave out the ages of said girls."
Your uncle said still sounding amused.

Serge shuddered slightly, knowing full well what Ryan meant. He shook his head slightly to try and get the images out of his head. He didn't need to give his overactive imagination more nightmare fuel than it had already seen.

Ryan gave you a puzzled look.
"Ehm...you do not need to look quite so horrified kid it might not be a topic to discuss in front of very young ears but it is a very natural thing, and both me and Rosa was consenting adults."
He said and shook his head at your expression.

Then turning his attention to the young girls, Serge said, "Well class, we have a new member. Please give it up for....Yu Die!"

Then he turned his attention to Yu Die and said, "Well Yu Die, you can draw with us or you can sit somewhere. If your hungry their's plenty of food left over from earlier."

The girls said hello to one another and Yu Die gave you a polite smile.
"I am fine, thank you Sir."
She said about the food and she sat down by the kitchen table.
"So what are you guys drawing?"
Yu Die said and gave a friendly smile.

Adley:

"Good, try to get it as much on one page per floor without losing the room details. If a floor runs over one page we'll tape them together," he said, searching a bit as they came into the room. He was both looking for tape and any signs of other trouble, after all Antonio's guardian had been killed unfortunately in the earlier battle.

"Yeah sure Sir...I think I can manage to get one floor onto one page."
Andrew said as he got to work on the computer and he found some tape from one of the desk drawers. The apartment did appear fairly normal though there where no sign of immediate trouble at least, but a small clay tablet place on one of the book shelves where cracked you noticed.

"If you print, I can put them together, double check to make sure it's right and then we'll get them to where they need to go asap," he suggested. It felt nothing like the homework assignment it seemed to be, putting a few maps together not for some school report but to go hunt down a dangerous Nephandus...

"That sounds like a plan Sir."
Andrew said as the printer started creaking and spitting ink onto paper, soon the first ones where done and the younger mage handed them to you.
"Ehm Sir...do you think we will win...against the Nephandi?"
The young man asked and he looked rather worried and tired.

Colin:

Colin sighed, "We'll have to help her through her severe phobia... It will take some time, obviously, but we will have to make sure she gets that time."

"Yes poor thing...well at least with magick most medical issues can be dealt with without the aid of modern medicine and it's tools."
Dalisse said clearly a bit suspicious of this whole modern medicine thing if leaches worked for her old Mentor they would work for her.

He smiled wryly, "The Chief is still uncomfortable with the informal writing style of text messages... Do you ever use those?"

"No I can not say that I do."
The Handler said and frowned.
"But I do hear they have become quite popular."

He nodded thoughtfully, "No, not directly... Hum, indirectly, though - how many details can you sense outside the entrances? Numbers, relative locations, that sort of thing?"

"Hum...three of our members are there working on a ritual...there are other magi there the Traditionalists I think...four of them perhaps, someone is dead, one of ours...I could draw a simple map of locations..."
Dalisse offered.

(OOC: I hope you had fun Strife and welcome back.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Ryan gave you a puzzled look.
"Ehm...you do not need to look quite so horrified kid it might not be a topic to discuss in front of very young ears but it is a very natural thing, and both me and Rosa was consenting adults."
He said and shook his head at your expression.

"Your right, it shouldn't bother me as much as it does. Let's just say I didn't mature at the same rate as other people." Serge said with a shrug.

The girls said hello to one another and Yu Die gave you a polite smile.
"I am fine, thank you Sir."
She said about the food and she sat down by the kitchen table.
"So what are you guys drawing?"
Yu Die said and gave a friendly smile.

"We're building a world for Cava's new doll." Serge explained.

"We've got the cat castle, town, and unikitties. Now we're working on the mage tower, a forest full of monsters, some cat knights, and a cat spaceship." the young cultist said without a hint of embarrassment in his voice.

"Do you have any idea on what our cat-themed empire needs?" Serge asked Yu Die.

(OOC: Hope you had a nice time Strife!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:19 pm

"Yes poor thing...well at least with magick most medical issues can be dealt with without the aid of modern medicine and it's tools."
Dalisse said clearly a bit suspicious of this whole modern medicine thing if leaches worked for her old Mentor they would work for her.
Colin shook his head, "Ah, there's a catch - she has pattern damage in vital organs; an improper healing... All I can do is buy time, but it means she cannot be subjected to any attacks on her Avatar."

"No I can not say that I do."
The Handler said and frowned.
"But I do hear they have become quite popular."
He nodded, "They are convenient things... though they have their weaknesses, as well."

"Hum...three of our members are there working on a ritual...there are other magi there the Traditionalists I think...four of them perhaps, someone is dead, one of ours...I could draw a simple map of locations..."
Dalisse offered.
He nodded, "That would be useful - I could send that image on, and help coordinate by those means. Help with targeting..."
He handed over the notebook and pen.

((OOC: Ah, yes, good to see you enjoyed the few days off, S7trif3. Very Happy ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:34 pm

"Yeah sure Sir...I think I can manage to get one floor onto one page." Andrew said as he got to work on the computer and he found some tape from one of the desk drawers. The apartment did appear fairly normal though there where no sign of immediate trouble at least, but a small clay tablet place on one of the book shelves where cracked you noticed.

"Good," he said. He didn't want to rifle through Antonio's things of course, that would be very rude unless it was some emergency. But he noted the tape in case they needed some and his eye passed over the tablet with a frown.  "That tablet broke..." he said. It was likely the guardian, but it could be some other spell or perhaps it had been broken for some while. Or not something to nose around in without caution especially as this was not his room. "Perhaps it was the guardian's..."

"Ehm Sir...do you think we will win...against the Nephandi?" The young man asked and he looked rather worried and tired.

As the pages began to spit out, he said with conviction, "Yes. There's one thing to remember that can help when we feel understandably...unsettled by what they want to do and how they try to do it. And that is to know that reality itself is on our side. The Tellurian has a stake in continued existence, in keeping its natural cycle of its seasons and its ability for changes, the very essential essence of potential, the innate cosmic 'to be' that we are ever becoming. We are fighting with it and for it as well as for all of us that we love and connect to, not against it as the Nephandi do." He collected up the pages to arrange them for the dowser as Andrew handed them to him, careful to keep things in a sensible order.

//@Warp - LOL...I love every bit of that storyline turnaround xD And thanks, some fresh mountain air was good for me.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:27 pm

Anja's Post:

Located a gallon-bottle of de-ionised water, almost empty. Tipped out the remains, replaced with a nice combination of heavy grease, engine oil and thinner. Just as she went to seal it, halted and gave an evil smirk. If she can locate quickly, she'll then shove in a load of washers, ball bearings, screws - anything small and metal - to act as improvised shrapnel.

Once done, she'll seal it up and move up to Antonio. 'Once it goes off, plan to go in, take out any survivors.' a short pause as she considered their position. 'Chuck the bottle in front of the doorway, then you blow it in?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:34 pm

Serge:

"Your right, it shouldn't bother me as much as it does. Let's just say I didn't mature at the same rate as other people." Serge said with a shrug.

"Well you will mature in that area when the time is right."
Ryan said and he patted you on the shoulder.
"And then I will bring you to a nice orgy in one of the Pleasure Domes you will love it!"
He said matter of factly as if he where discussing the weather. Yu Die gave him a bit of an odd look and the Cultist looked away.
"Ehm yes...well something to be discussed with less children around I think."

"We're building a world for Cava's new doll." Serge explained.

"We've got the cat castle, town, and unikitties. Now we're working on the mage tower, a forest full of monsters, some cat knights, and a cat spaceship." the young cultist said without a hint of embarrassment in his voice.

"Do you have any idea on what our cat-themed empire needs?" Serge asked Yu Die.

"Ehm...I am thirteen Sir."
Yu Die said to gently remind you that she might be a little to old for this but then she sigh.
"Well I guess the empire will need some restaurants and a cinema and a mall and such."
She said a bit hesitantly.

Colin:

Colin shook his head, "Ah, there's a catch - she has pattern damage in vital organs; an improper healing... All I can do is buy time, but it means she cannot be subjected to any attacks on her Avatar."

"I see well that complicates things, modern medicine would make it easier to care for someone with pattern damage indeed, but off course her being to frail to be able to handle the pain of that ritual will safeguard her from it and that is something at least."

He nodded, "They are convenient things... though they have their weaknesses, as well."

The Handler just nodded at that not really having anything to add, she knew very little about cell phones.

He nodded, "That would be useful - I could send that image on, and help coordinate by those means. Help with targeting..."
He handed over the notebook and pen.

The Handler took the offered notebook and pen and started jotting down a simple map tat show three stick figures huddled together in a small room to the side of a corridor between a garage and the main building, two other figures where in the garage and two more just inside the front door of the store. Dalisse also drew in where the Node and the portal where and handed the notebook back to you.
"Something like this and these here, our guys are doing a ritual."
She said and pointed at the three stuck figures.

Adley:

"Good," he said. He didn't want to rifle through Antonio's things of course, that would be very rude unless it was some emergency. But he noted the tape in case they needed some and his eye passed over the tablet with a frown. "That tablet broke..." he said. It was likely the guardian, but it could be some other spell or perhaps it had been broken for some while. Or not something to nose around in without caution especially as this was not his room. "Perhaps it was the guardian's..."

Andrew's blue eyes went wide as he spun around on the office chair he was sitting in the look at the tablet.
"Damn! Ah ehm forgive me Sir I did not mean to swear, yeah that where the contract between my Mentor and a Umbrood he employed as a guard over this apartment...but if the contract is just broken like that...that would mean...shit poor spirit..."
He muttered and looked down.
"My Mentor was fond of that Umbrood he is not going to be happy about this, it must have happened during the attack..."
He said sounding a little uneasy he remembered well having been held at knife point by Siege.

As the pages began to spit out, he said with conviction, "Yes. There's one thing to remember that can help when we feel understandably...unsettled by what they want to do and how they try to do it. And that is to know that reality itself is on our side. The Tellurian has a stake in continued existence, in keeping its natural cycle of its seasons and its ability for changes, the very essential essence of potential, the innate cosmic 'to be' that we are ever becoming. We are fighting with it and for it as well as for all of us that we love and connect to, not against it as the Nephandi do." He collected up the pages to arrange them for the dowser as Andrew handed them to him, careful to keep things in a sensible order.

Andrew nodded at that and he sigh as he handed you another page.
"I know you are right of course Sir...it is just that...well I am scared."
He admitted.
"Up until now being a mage have been just fun, it have been hard work min you but mostly my concerns have been focused on balancing school work with my magickal studies and getting good enough in languages for a chance to be accepted at my House's Cairo Chantry after my Gauntlet, I have not been thinking about life and death and shit like that, but my Mentor is out there fighting right now he could die...anyone here could die, the girl I em...well ehm...the girl I like over at Chantry Riverside could die."
Andrew said and he handed you another page of printed map and looked down.
"And not just us. I mean if the Nephandi get their way then my friends at school could die, Martha the lunch lady could die, all my teachers all of them and the thing is I just checked my Facebook and to them it is just Sunday, they are busy talking about the game Friday, the party next weekend and whatever or not Brandon cheated on Jessica with that Finish exchange student who's name I can't pronounce, everything is normal for them and yet if we fail today they could all die."
The young mage looked at you for a moment.
"It used to feel so good you know to have this secret, to be a mage and know I was a member of a secret society, it made me feel cool but now it feels like a burden, what...what if we fail and they all...die..."
He said sadly.
"And then there is all that have happened, I was held hostage and I was so afraid...the chantry have been attacked, we have prisoners, actual real prisoners one of them one of our own guys and who knows what will happen to them and then there is Raymond...ehm Kyle he acts tough but he is scared, so scared that we will do to him what they tried to do to Miss Alexander...and then there is that, what happened to her it freak me out that something like that can happen...it all sucks Sir...it really suck..."
The boy muttered as he handed the last page to you and the printer stopped screeching.
"I am sorry Sir...I should not just blabber on..I will keep it together."
He said and he tried to smile a little as he looked up at you again.

Nicole:

Located a gallon-bottle of de-ionised water, almost empty. Tipped out the remains, replaced with a nice combination of heavy grease, engine oil and thinner. Just as she went to seal it, halted and gave an evil smirk. If she can locate quickly, she'll then shove in a load of washers, ball bearings, screws - anything small and metal - to act as improvised shrapnel.

You found quite a few ball bearings, screws and other small metal scrap around the work bench and Antonio raised an eyebrow but he said nothing about the metal bits.
"I assume then that when I ignite this the bottle will explode in a most satisfying way?"
He asked.
"That might just be the thing we need to distract them I can make an explosion with magick, but that might be blocked by various wards few remember to ward for mundane weapons, though kinetic shields might still hinder this plan."
He whispered.

Once done, she'll seal it up and move up to Antonio. 'Once it goes off, plan to go in, take out any survivors.' a short pause as she considered their position. 'Chuck the bottle in front of the doorway, then you blow it in?'

The Hermetic nodded at that then he held up a hand.
"Wait if you are going in you will need this."
He said as he tore out a page from his notebook and handed it to you, it was full of neat, hand written Latin.
"A kinetic shield it will protect you but it will not last forever, also if you move to quickly towards an item while the shield is up it will repel that as well."
He instructed then he waited to see if you had any questions and if not he said.
"Then I am ready, toss the bottle and I will blow it into the hallway and ignite it, my spells are ready to go and I will be right behind you when we storm them."
He said and his fingers was holding marks at two of the pages of his notebook as he spoke.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:50 pm

"I see well that complicates things, modern medicine would make it easier to care for someone with pattern damage indeed, but off course her being to frail to be able to handle the pain of that ritual will safeguard her from it and that is something at least."
Colin sighed softly, "Yes, you could say that every silver lining has a cloud..."

The Handler took the offered notebook and pen and started jotting down a simple map tat show three stick figures huddled together in a small room to the side of a corridor between a garage and the main building, two other figures where in the garage and two more just inside the front door of the store. Dalisse also drew in where the Node and the portal where and handed the notebook back to you.
"Something like this and these here, our guys are doing a ritual."
She said and pointed at the three stuck figures.
He nodded and quickly noted down "Fallen Ritual in progress" at the three stick figures and took a quick picture, sending it to Morgan with the message 'Current status at entrance - not sure about ritual nature, but likely unhealthy.'

((OOC: The plot twist worked most satisfyingly. I think, though, it's still not as good as the "Rescue the princess from the dragon" variant where the party, on arrival at the dragon's cave, learn two very important things: 1) The princess is a half-dragon, and 2) that divorce was NASTY! Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:56 pm

Colin sighed softly, "Yes, you could say that every silver lining has a cloud..."

"Yes certainly so...hum would not the threat of her Gift being injured also make it less desirable for the child to get better from her illness if that ritual hangs over her head if she do?"
Dalisse asked and she raised an eyebrow.

He nodded and quickly noted down "Fallen Ritual in progress" at the three stick figures and took a quick picture, sending it to Morgan with the message 'Current status at entrance - not sure about ritual nature, but likely unhealthy.'

You got a message back from Jeffry that read:

Topic: Clarification
About your earlier letter, I am not sure I understand your meaning, you know something about one of the Nephandi's portals to their labyrinth? Are they doing a ritual and why is there a picture of a paper clip on my screen when I read your letter?
Be Well
Jeffry Morgan."

(OOC: Well that do sound like a fun game.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:16 pm

"Well you will mature in that area when the time is right."
Ryan said and he patted you on the shoulder.
"And then I will bring you to a nice orgy in one of the Pleasure Domes you will love it!"
He said matter of factly as if he where discussing the weather. Yu Die gave him a bit of an odd look and the Cultist looked away.
"Ehm yes...well something to be discussed with less children around I think."

"W-well we'll see about that when the time comes." Serge said with a cautious smile.

"Ehm...I am thirteen Sir."
Yu Die said to gently remind you that she might be a little to old for this but then she sigh.

"And I'm 21. Your point is?" Serge challenged, not seeing age as any barrier of entry to anything.

"Drawing the kingdom was my idea. I even drew the cat girl princess with pink hair. Age shouldn't matter when it comes to imagination." Serge said with a smile.

"Well I guess the empire will need some restaurants and a cinema and a mall and such."
She said a bit hesitantly.

"Genius! Of course! A cinema! The cat's need something to watch!" Serge exclaimed.

Not wanting to let the other girls be left out, Serge turned to Cava and asked, "So Cava what kind of movies do you think they'd play in the Princess Katie's Cinema?"

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:30 pm

"Yes certainly so...hum would not the threat of her Gift being injured also make it less desirable for the child to get better from her illness if that ritual hangs over her head if she do?"
Dalisse asked and she raised an eyebrow.
Colin nodded, "To an extent, yes - until judgment is made in her favour. That's something I will see happen. There's sufficient precedent to save her life, to postpone the ritual indefinitely. She will recover, and gloriously."

You got a message back from Jeffry that read:

Topic: Clarification
About your earlier letter, I am not sure I understand your meaning, you know something about one of the Nephandi's portals to their labyrinth? Are they doing a ritual and why is there a picture of a paper clip on my screen when I read your letter?
Be Well
Jeffry Morgan."
He groaned softly, "Old men and new technology... Pardon me..."
He typed out a new message, 'The paper clip represents a picture of a crude map. The Handler can observe, but not interfere directly without risk of discovery.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:50 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole glanced at the bit of paper, shrugged and slipped it within a pocket with a nod to Antonio. Switched the pistol to her other hand, giving the bottle the advantage of her dominant. 'Fast as possible, yeah?' she said softly.

Once Antonio gives the nod to go, she'll gently toss the gift into the line of sight from the door, allowing him to blow it towards them. Well, here goes...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:25 am

Andrew's blue eyes went wide as he spun around on the office chair he was sitting in the look at the tablet. "Damn! Ah ehm forgive me Sir I did not mean to swear, yeah that where the contract between my Mentor and a Umbrood he employed as a guard over this apartment...but if the contract is just broken like that...that would mean...shit poor spirit..." He muttered and looked down."My Mentor was fond of that Umbrood he is not going to be happy about this, it must have happened during the attack..."

"He knows of his loss if it was the one for his room; I just wanted to make sure it were not something else we did not know about yet. I'm sorry, I didn't realise you didn't know, but it might be best to realise that just for safety's sake," he said, sounding a bit sad for it also.

"I know you are right of course Sir...it is just that...well I am scared. He admitted. "Up until now being a mage have been just fun...there is all that have happened, I was held hostage and I was so afraid...the chantry have been attacked, we have prisoners, actual real prisoners one of them one of our own guys and who knows what will happen to them and then there is Raymond...ehm Kyle he acts tough but he is scared, so scared that we will do to him what they tried to do to Miss Alexander...and then there is that, what happened to her it freak me out that something like that can happen...it all sucks Sir...it really suck..." The boy muttered as he handed the last page to you and the printer stopped screeching. "I am sorry Sir...I should not just blabber on..I will keep it together."

Adley simply nodded a few poignant times as Andrew spoke, still putting the maps together but listening to the poor kid vent and making eye contact so he knew he was still listening to him. It had been a lot and it was stressful to say the least and he could well sympathize with how he felt. He put the last one together, checked them over and stacked them to carry them out. Then he nodded towards the door for them to go and waited for him to lock up. Meanwhile, he said, "It may surprise you, but I think I understand at least of some of what you may feel. I was trained for fighting and even so, this is the harshest week I have ever experienced and it made me realise how much I have to learn and what is really at stake. There has been a lot of pain and suffering - and we fight to prevent yet more, or worse.

"I know it is scary; being afraid is a normal response to threats. But bravery is not always an absence of fear, that would be much simpler. It is how we manage to do what we need despite fear that makes us brave. It's a kind of transformation. That's what you did downstairs and that is what you and I are doing now. Sometimes just holding on and persevering anyway is brave. My mentor said that I should let the feelings for those that I care about make my will to do what I need to do stronger. I think this is what he meant, in part: instead of allowing the Nephandi to set my mind forward to a future of loss, to fight for and protect what we have now together because it's so important that we do what we need to do even if we're afraid. I know it's a lot at once, believe me," he said with a nod. "Too much of what's happened totally sucks but most of what you just mentioned and many other reasons you have not are also reasons to keep trying, aren't they? Even when it sucks, we don't give up trying to make it suck less, at least for others if not ourselves at every moment."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:37 am

Adley:

"He knows of his loss if it was the one for his room; I just wanted to make sure it were not something else we did not know about yet. I'm sorry, I didn't realise you didn't know, but it might be best to realise that just for safety's sake," he said, sounding a bit sad for it also.

"No I did not know Sir, but yes it is probably best to know about it the Umbrood was the guardian my Mentor had protecting his apartment after all. Poor spirit...or you think spirits are afraid of death or do they go anywhere when they die?"
The young mage asked sadly.

Adley simply nodded a few poignant times as Andrew spoke, still putting the maps together but listening to the poor kid vent and making eye contact so he knew he was still listening to him. It had been a lot and it was stressful to say the least and he could well sympathize with how he felt. He put the last one together, checked them over and stacked them to carry them out. Then he nodded towards the door for them to go and waited for him to lock up. Meanwhile, he said, "It may surprise you, but I think I understand at least of some of what you may feel. I was trained for fighting and even so, this is the harshest week I have ever experienced and it made me realise how much I have to learn and what is really at stake. There has been a lot of pain and suffering - and we fight to prevent yet more, or worse.

Andrew listened to your words as he waled with you out of his Mentor's apartment and locked the door again.
"I have no problem accepting that you understand Sir after all you have had more of this shit than me. I just...all I want to do is hide under my bed you know and yet I have to help out I can not be a burden to the Chantry and while I can't do much I have to do what I can but at the same time I feel like a coward you know for I want to run and hide and not come out until it is all over."
The young Scribe said and sigh.

"I know it is scary; being afraid is a normal response to threats. But bravery is not always an absence of fear, that would be much simpler. It is how we manage to do what we need despite fear that makes us brave. It's a kind of transformation. That's what you did downstairs and that is what you and I are doing now. Sometimes just holding on and persevering anyway is brave."I know it is scary; being afraid is a normal response to threats. But bravery is not always an absence of fear, that would be much simpler. It is how we manage to do what we need despite fear that makes us brave. It's a kind of transformation. That's what you did downstairs and that is what you and I are doing now. Sometimes just holding on and persevering anyway is brave.

"Perhaps you are right Sir, but I do not feel brave, I feel scared and tired. I do not want to die, I do not want my loved ones to die and I feel like I am sort of going on autopilot, just doing what I am told will help, just going but if I ever stop for just one second I will collapse."
Andrew admitted as he glanced over at you.

My mentor said that I should let the feelings for those that I care about make my will to do what I need to do stronger. I think this is what he meant, in part: instead of allowing the Nephandi to set my mind forward to a future of loss, to fight for and protect what we have now together because it's so important that we do what we need to do even if we're afraid. I know it's a lot at once, believe me," he said with a nod. "Too much of what's happened totally sucks but most of what you just mentioned and many other reasons you have not are also reasons to keep trying, aren't they? Even when it sucks, we don't give up trying to make it suck less, at least for others if not ourselves at every moment."

Andrew thought for a moment then he nodded.
"You are right Sir, we have to keep doing what we can in order to try to make things better, perhaps there will be time to crawl under the bed and cry when we have made sure our loved ones and everyone else get a tomorrow and if things go badly I would rather die knowing I did all I could, die on my feet you know...but it is still so scary."
The young mage said then he looked down at his hans.
"I guess what I can do right now is enchant bullets and then help protect the Chantry while the more powerful mages are busy with the real fight eh...at least I can do that...but it is so hard you know."
He muttered sounding scared and frustrated it was allot to take for a teenager.

Nicole:

Nicole glanced at the bit of paper, shrugged and slipped it within a pocket with a nod to Antonio. Switched the pistol to her other hand, giving the bottle the advantage of her dominant. 'Fast as possible, yeah?' she said softly.

"Fast as possible indeed Miss."
Antonio said and he drew a deep breath readying himself for the fight ahead then he nodded.

Once Antonio gives the nod to go, she'll gently toss the gift into the line of sight from the door, allowing him to blow it towards them. Well, here goes...

Antonio added two quick notes to the pages of his book and a strong gust of wind carried the makeshift bomb down the hallway and then there was a flash of fire, the sound of an explosion that made the house shake, one bit of shrapnel flew back out of the hallway and hit the wall not that far from you so now there was a old ball bearing buried halfway into the wall. From inside of the hallway there where the sound of shouts, some chatting on that strange language and one woman where screaming in horror and pain, just shrieking, at least one of the Nephandi where badly wounded.
"Let's go."
The Scribe said as he moved out of his cover, waiting for you to go first down the hallway that where now on fire and full of broken pieces of wood, metal and filled with the woman's screams.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "To an extent, yes - until judgment is made in her favour. That's something I will see happen. There's sufficient precedent to save her life, to postpone the ritual indefinitely. She will recover, and gloriously."

"The question is if the sentence is suspended indefinitely would that mean it would be performed if the girl ever recovers from her injuries for if so recovering might be ill advised you have to keep her sick enough not to be Gilgulled but healthy enough to live."

He groaned softly, "Old men and new technology... Pardon me..."
He typed out a new message, 'The paper clip represents a picture of a crude map. The Handler can observe, but not interfere directly without risk of discovery.'

"Ah yes off course, old women and technology might not be that much better."
The Handler said and she smiled a little.

You got a reply back from Jeffry:
Topic: Your former correspondence.
The paper clip represent an image I am still not sure I understand, how can a paper clip represent an image? So the handler can feel what is going on at the old auto shop that might be useful if you think we can trust her.
Be Well
Jeffry Morgan"

Dalisse suddenly winced.
"An explosion...at the auto shop portal...someone is injured and something else is released..."
She whispered.

Serge:

"W-well we'll see about that when the time comes." Serge said with a cautious smile.

Ryan patted your shoulder again and gave an amused grin.
"Indeed we will kid."

"And I'm 21. Your point is?" Serge challenged, not seeing age as any barrier of entry to anything.

"Drawing the kingdom was my idea. I even drew the cat girl princess with pink hair. Age shouldn't matter when it comes to imagination." Serge said with a smile.

"Off course Sir and if you gain meaning from such an activity there is nothing wrong with that."
Yu Die said diplomatically.
"I more meant that most who are teenagers and olders might have other interest than cat princesses and pink castles."
She said and Jane looked at her.
"I do not see why not such things are fun Miss."
She said happily. Yu Die smiled a little to the younger mage.
"Just call me Yu Die and I guess I have been voted down."
She said and sigh.

"Genius! Of course! A cinema! The cat's need something to watch!" Serge exclaimed.

Not wanting to let the other girls be left out, Serge turned to Cava and asked, "So Cava what kind of movies do you think they'd play in the Princess Katie's Cinema?"

"Animal shows and anime movies Sir."
Cava said and grinned.
"And there will be all sorts of popcorn and such in the kiosk."
She said happily.
"Do you like movies Sir?"
The young Hermetic asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:21 am

"The question is if the sentence is suspended indefinitely would that mean it would be performed if the girl ever recovers from her injuries for if so recovering might be ill advised you have to keep her sick enough not to be Gilgulled but healthy enough to live."
Colin nodded, "The precedent, however, suggests that so long as the apprentice in question is under the tutelage of a steady Mentor - in this case me - who takes full responsibility, and post-apprenticeship the Fallen Mage in question keeps clean, as it were, the postponement would not be merely pending physical recovery, but also pending conviction for a serious crime. I trust I can keep her on the straight and narrow until she cleanses herself."

"Ah yes off course, old women and technology might not be that much better."
The Handler said and she smiled a little.
He grinned, "I don't know, it seems like the problem is more prevalent with men - perhaps it's because women generally have had to adapt more quickly to change in their households; novel inventions husbands bring home because they're supposed to make chores easier without understanding the basic principles of them to begin with... Oh, certainly, men can excel with very narrow advances in technology related to their profession, but something outside of that..."

You got a reply back from Jeffry:
Topic: Your former correspondence.
The paper clip represent an image I am still not sure I understand, how can a paper clip represent an image? So the handler can feel what is going on at the old auto shop that might be useful if you think we can trust her.
Be Well
Jeffry Morgan"

Dalisse suddenly winced.
"An explosion...at the auto shop portal...someone is injured and something else is released..."
She whispered.
He sighed softly and typed back 'Like an envelope can represent a letter. She senses everything the ship does, and I trust her. She want Larson removed as badly as we do, if not more.'
He almost hit Send when Dalisse reacted, and added 'Something exploded at the auto shop, someone injured, something released - no more details available right now.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Colin nodded, "The precedent, however, suggests that so long as the apprentice in question is under the tutelage of a steady Mentor - in this case me - who takes full responsibility, and post-apprenticeship the Fallen Mage in question keeps clean, as it were, the postponement would not be merely pending physical recovery, but also pending conviction for a serious crime. I trust I can keep her on the straight and narrow until she cleanses herself."

"That is good then, the girl have a good future with you as her teacher."
Dalisse said.
"Poor child she deserves a chance in life."

He grinned, "I don't know, it seems like the problem is more prevalent with men - perhaps it's because women generally have had to adapt more quickly to change in their households; novel inventions husbands bring home because they're supposed to make chores easier without understanding the basic principles of them to begin with... Oh, certainly, men can excel with very narrow advances in technology related to their profession, but something outside of that..."

"I was more thinking that I myself are not the best at modern technology, I know they have their uses, many of them do make life better but I find it hard to keep up, changes happens so quickly."
The Handler said and sigh.
"But you are right historically women have been at the mercy of men and have had to learn to adapt, female magi tend to have been a bit more fortunate though in that regard."

He sighed softly and typed back 'Like an envelope can represent a letter. She senses everything the ship does, and I trust her. She want Larson removed as badly as we do, if not more.'
He almost hit Send when Dalisse reacted, and added 'Something exploded at the auto shop, someone injured, something released - no more details available right now.'

You got a reply back from Jeffry.
Topic: Understood
I understand Mr Wainwright. I will take my phone and ask my student to look at this letter and turn the paper clip into a map, he will understand how. Keep your wits about you the Handler might be friendly but she also are a Nephanda. The information so far have been useful though please keep me apraised. Do she know if the one who are injured are on our side or theirs?
Be Well
Jeffry Morgan."

Dalisse looked at you an she took a deep breath.
"All this damage around the portal makes my ship nervous."
She announced.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole quickly shifted the pistol to her right hand, raised it and left her concealment; time to break the log-jam and see what lay beyond.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:18 pm

You moved into the now smile filled corridor, here and there there was small fires as as you entered the short corridor a bit of roof fell down and almost hit you, there where one door straight ahead and one to the left, well there had been a door there one now it was a hole in the wall, the sound of a woman screaming came from the room to the left, suddenly you hear Antonio cry out in alarm and you feel something push you forwards, as if it where a bubble around you and someone where pressing on that bubble, you felt claws reaching your back but the kinetic shield ha taken enough off from the blow that you only felt them there scraping against your jacket, they did no harm, not yet, but it was clear that something big had come out of the wall itself.

(OOC: I did initiative rolls, Antonio go first, then whatever the Nephandi summoned, then Nicole, then the two unwounded Nephandi the screaming woman is not really in any condition to do anything but well scream.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Anja's Post:

On feeling the attack from the rear, Nicole will attempt to dart forward and then swivel around, so she will be able to have enough space to take a shot at the culprit.

[I know it's a typo, but I don't think it's a 'smile filled corridor' *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:25 pm

"Off course Sir and if you gain meaning from such an activity there is nothing wrong with that."
Yu Die said diplomatically.
"I more meant that most who are teenagers and olders might have other interest than cat princesses and pink castles."
She said and Jane looked at her.
"I do not see why not such things are fun Miss."
She said happily. Yu Die smiled a little to the younger mage.
"Just call me Yu Die and I guess I have been voted down."
She said and sigh.

"You should never let age act as a boundary. Or dismiss anything before you try it. But I will concede that you are in some ways right." Serge replied politely with a smile.

"If you don't want to do something than you shouldn't have to do it. But now I'm curious. What activities do you use to gain meaning in your life? What do you do in your spare time?" Serge asked.

"Animal shows and anime movies Sir."
Cava said and grinned.
"And there will be all sorts of popcorn and such in the kiosk."
She said happily.
"Do you like movies Sir?"
The young Hermetic asked.

"Of course! Movies, tv shows, books, video games. Their probably the whole reason I awakened. JUst entire worlds and stories created in the minds of writers and brought to life in the hands animators and directors." Serge said lovingly.

"Well we can put those on the list. I still need to draw the spaceship. How is everything going on your end girls'?" Serge said with a laugh as he went back to his paper and continued his work and the very feline looking space exploration device.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next