Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 2 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:16 pm

Serge thought for a moment before saying, "Oh you know. A bunch of stuff really. Mostly I affect people by the way I depict them in the drawing. Drawing them with a smile on their face would shift their mood to a more positive one and things of that nature. If I wanted to I could make another person see what I was drawing in their mind. I could also draw what a person is thinking and show it to them if I wanted too. Although I prefer just staring at them if I wanted to read their mind."

Yu Die looked a bit uneasy but she nodded.
"You now how to affect the minds of others then."
She said and sigh.
"That can be a dangerous thing to do Sir."

Serge decided to not mention his....less savory art magick such as crafting nightmare illusion or affecting people's subconscious desires. Knowing how Mind Magick seemed to trouble the young women he didn't want to worry her.

"How about you? Do you know any fun martial art spells?" Serge asked.

"Well I mostly work with sensory things for now, sensing energies, sensing heat and such Sir. I use energies in my own body and body movements to enhance my senses past the regular limitation of the senses."
The young Akashic said then she smiled.
"It can be pretty fun Sir."

"If someone knew about armor and sword fighting than they'd wonder why a crazy lunatic in badly made armor was fighting them. That might get them to worry that I know something they don't." Serge said with a laugh.

"But yeah they'd probably win. But I'd look cool while losing." Serge joked.

Yu Die hesitated not wanting to contradict an older mage then she sigh.
"I mean no offense Sir but that is not likely to be the case, you see there are so many who have watched to much movies and TV and have little knowledge of what is actually practical so I suspect they would take you for one of them."
She said and she politely did not comment on the looking cool part.

"Hey now that's a pretty good idea. A little background music always enhances the scene." Serge agreed.

"You could also seem really threatening if you could control the music. Like your having a normal conversation with a person and than he says something to piss you off. BOOM, threatening music plays in the background as you stare angrily at them." Serge suggested with a grin.

"Exactly or music for romance and for talking and off course the inspirational music for whenever I needed to do something boring, after all it is far more fun to do the dishes to epic music."
The young mage said and grinned.

"Wow, you have so many of them!" Serge said making sure to show interest in the young girl's toys.

"Yeah I do."
Cava agreed happily.

"Do you play with all of them?" he asked.

"Yeah I do Sir. I also like to play with my little cars, and draw things and play with my plushies and I have a skipping rope."
The young Hermetic informed you proudly.
"I play with all my toys."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 2 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Adley Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:49 pm

You got own to the garage, you saw that the bullet hole in your car was just gone, it was as if the metal had just melted together and mended to damage perfectly, the car also looked newer it looked perfectly maintained, clearly there had been a bit of magick involved into the repairs. "Hum..if you take the Deaconess and Mr Acherman and the rest can ride with me."

"Very well," he agreed, noting how his car looked...well, new would be a bit much, since it was an older car, but far better kept than he had actually kept it in rough Boston driving conditions.

"Our best weapon is that we are not meeting this man in his Labyrinth and we can attack him when he do not expect us, but yes we need to get him out of the hospital if at all possible. I am willing to accept the Paradox cost of...ehm letting loose but not when sleepers will get harmed as well." Jeffry said and frowned. "I am not going to claim that this mission is not be dangerous though, we may not all return..." He said softly. "But taking this man down is something that have to be done."

"Plan?" he asked, thinking of the area that he'd looked at when the dowser had her street maps up. He scratched at his beard, trying to figure out a sneakier way to get the guy than 'letting loose.'

"Thank you mea filius, I know that one day I have to learn how to operate the infernal devices." Jeffry said as he put his phone away, his expression though said that he really, really did not want to. "Let us get going."

He gave his mentor a small smile then looked over at Adjan and gave him a pat on the shoulder as he passed over to his car, unlocking it for the other magii going with him. He opened the front side door for the Deaconess. "Ma'am?"

// I'm gonna assume the phone said sent at any rate unless there was something saying to the contrary, for lack of copypasting the text message from your post Anja

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole hated irony. In this case, she gets a "hunch" on how to deal with the cryptid just after being able to pull back. After quickly checking to see if Antonio is okay, she'll grit her teeth and return to the fray. 'Concentrate fire on that fucker!' she'll shout; doing her best not to disturb, get noticed by or get too close to the shadow-monster, instead opening fire on the plump Fallen.

[Sorry about no-show yesterday; work, then killer migraine, then fell asleep on sofa.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:16 pm

Adley:

"Very well," he agreed, noting how his car looked...well, new would be a bit much, since it was an older car, but far better kept than he had actually kept it in rough Boston driving conditions.

Jeffry nodded at that.
"Thank you mea filius."

"Plan?" he asked, thinking of the area that he'd looked at when the dowser had her street maps up. He scratched at his beard, trying to figure out a sneakier way to get the guy than 'letting loose.'

"Not much as of yet other than take down the Nephandus and don't die. Mrs Von Hess says that Mr Jace is currently in a lab in the South wing of the hospital I have the room number and our dowser have said she will let me know when and if he moves...if he is alone in the room trying to shift it into the Umbra might be viable, or for a more subtle idea using gas or similar substances to knock him out might also be viable. I do not like going in this blind but we are going to have to evaluate the situation when we get there."
Your Mentor said and you could see that he did not like the situation as he got into the driver seat of his car.

He gave his mentor a small smile then looked over at Adjan and gave him a pat on the shoulder as he passed over to his car, unlocking it for the other magii going with him. He opened the front side door for the Deaconess. "Ma'am?"

Adjan gave you a tired look, the Euthanathos had been in allot of fights over the last few days, he had been forced to do many horrible things, and yet there where more that needed doing before he could rest. Mara looked at you and smiled, she lifted the oil kittens into her lap and got into the passenger side seat.
"Ah thank you young warrior how thoughtful."
She coed. Duncan got into the back seat and you saw the rest of the party getting into Jeffry's car. The old Hermetic started up the engine and begun driving out of Steelhaven's garage.
"I might be able to give the not so good Master Jace a bit of a jolt."
Mara said as if it amused her and she petted the kittens fondly.
"My little friends still have a purpose to play in this."

(OOC: The text where sent not a problem.)

Nicole:

Nicole hated irony. In this case, she gets a "hunch" on how to deal with the cryptid just after being able to pull back. After quickly checking to see if Antonio is okay, she'll grit her teeth and return to the fray. 'Concentrate fire on that fucker!' she'll shout; doing her best not to disturb, get noticed by or get too close to the shadow-monster, instead opening fire on the plump Fallen.

Antonio seamed to be fine, he was scribbling away in his book and suddenly the shadow monster where thrown into a wall, it roared and sent a ball of something, fire perhaps, though no kind of fire you had ever seen the flame where gray, not white, not black but gray and it hit the Hermetic in the leg sending him to the floor as he cried out in pain. Both Fran and Ty aimed their guns at the creature and fire of several rounds sending it back into the wall, there was a bit of damage here and there on the torso and legs of the shadow creature now but it was still going strong and the wounds where quickly healing.

You did manage to sneak past the creature who was busy fighting the three other magi though and you fired several rounds at the plump Fallen, most of the bullets where stopped by his kinetic shield but one made it through and cut a path through the flesh of his arm, making him scream in pain, with a wave of his good arm he sent a wave of energy forward tossing you of your feet, it felt like running into a wall and it knocked the wind out of you making you feel rather sore though you where not seriously hurt.

(OOC: You do one point of agg to the Fallen the rest gets absorbed by his shield. I did a perception roll for you and Nicole do notice that the kinetic shield is weakening. Like with the gray fireball the burst of air that knocked Nicole of her feet went right though her own kinetic shield and after rolling dodge and soak we are at three bashing damage for her, that is going to bruise.)

(OOC 2: No need to apologize I completely understand, the game is not going to run away and also migraines really suck.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:34 pm

Yu Die looked a bit uneasy but she nodded.
"You now how to affect the minds of others then."
She said and sigh.
"That can be a dangerous thing to do Sir."

"Perhaps, but everything has it's good sides and it's bad sides." Serge commented, but left it at that not wanting to stray back into the subject that Yu Die wanted to avoid.

"Well I mostly work with sensory things for now, sensing energies, sensing heat and such Sir. I use energies in my own body and body movements to enhance my senses past the regular limitation of the senses."
The young Akashic said then she smiled.
"It can be pretty fun Sir."

"Ahh breaking past boundaries and limitations. That's something we should all try to achieve regardless of whether were doing magick or not." Serge said remembering his own mentor's teachings.

"I normally use meditation to enchance my senses. Meditate and clear my head to allow myself to transcend and see beyond the illusions of reality. Discern through the chaos to see the truths hidden underneath." Serge said simply.

Yu Die hesitated not wanting to contradict an older mage then she sigh.
"I mean no offense Sir but that is not likely to be the case, you see there are so many who have watched to much movies and TV and have little knowledge of what is actually practical so I suspect they would take you for one of them."
She said and she politely did not comment on the looking cool part.

"You don't have be so worried about proving me wrong." Serge said noticing Yu Die's hesitation.

"I haven't been in many battles myself so I'm not the smartest when it comes to that. What you say is right. I've always hated practicality and efficiency, favoring looks and feels and flashiness. But practicality always wins in the end." Serge said with a smile wanting to show Yu Die that he wasn't some stuffy easily insulted old guy.

"Exactly or music for romance and for talking and off course the inspirational music for whenever I needed to do something boring, after all it is far more fun to do the dishes to epic music."
The young mage said and grinned.

"Background music makes everything better. You know I had a great idea for a spell while I was talking to one of our prisoners. Basically a spell that plays the final fantasy victory music to everyone around me whenever I win something. I really wanna try to do that." Serge said remembering his time with Siege.

"Yeah I do Sir. I also like to play with my little cars, and draw things and play with my plushies and I have a skipping rope."
The young Hermetic informed you proudly.
"I play with all my toys."

"Ahh I'm too lazy to skip rope. I get tired way to easily. You must have a lot of energy to be able to skip rope." Serge said with a smile. "How many jumps can you do before you get tired?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:53 pm

"Perhaps, but everything has it's good sides and it's bad sides." Serge commented, but left it at that not wanting to stray back into the subject that Yu Die wanted to avoid.

"That is true. I am sure allot of good can be done with it as well Sir."
Yu Die sad and she looked down sadly.

"Ahh breaking past boundaries and limitations. That's something we should all try to achieve regardless of whether were doing magick or not." Serge said remembering his own mentor's teachings.

"I agree Sir though perhaps breaking boundaries and growing is magick in itself whatever or not one realize it is so or not."
The young mage commented and she gave a bit of a smile.

"I normally use meditation to enchance my senses. Meditate and clear my head to allow myself to transcend and see beyond the illusions of reality. Discern through the chaos to see the truths hidden underneath." Serge said simply.

"Meditation is a very useful tool Sir."
Yu Die agreed.
"My Mentor is teaching me to meditate."

"You don't have be so worried about proving me wrong." Serge said noticing Yu Die's hesitation.

"Well you are my superior Sir and my teacher tells me to always be polite. I represent him when talking with other mages after all."
The young Akashic said proudly.

"I haven't been in many battles myself so I'm not the smartest when it comes to that. What you say is right. I've always hated practicality and efficiency, favoring looks and feels and flashiness. But practicality always wins in the end." Serge said with a smile wanting to show Yu Die that he wasn't some stuffy easily insulted old guy.

"I have not been in allot of fights either Sir but I am interested in historical weapons and armor. Then again life is more than getting ready for battle, perhaps you just have so much fun doing it your way that it is worth the downside to it."
Yu Die said diplomatically.

"Background music makes everything better. You know I had a great idea for a spell while I was talking to one of our prisoners. Basically a spell that plays the final fantasy victory music to everyone around me whenever I win something. I really wanna try to do that." Serge said remembering his time with Siege.

That made Yu Die's attempt to show a serene, stoic mask crack and she burst out laughing.
"Well Sir, that would be one great spell. I can just imagine a Technocrat when you manage to get away from them and the Final Fantasy victory melody are played...priceless!"
The other little girls glanced over at you and Yu Die wondering what was so funny.

"Ahh I'm too lazy to skip rope. I get tired way to easily. You must have a lot of energy to be able to skip rope." Serge said with a smile. "How many jumps can you do before you get tired?"

"Yeah I have allot of energy."
Cava said proudly.
"I managed 83 jumps without missing any once."
She said and grinned happily.
"I am sure you could do it to if you tried though Sir."
She assured you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole willed herself up; adrenaline shielding her from the most of the pain. This had to end; now. As soon as she was able to, she'll empty the rest of the pistol's clip into the Fallen - that damn shield thing had to give way at some point...

[Attempting 'Deadaim', rapid fire.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:19 pm

"Well you are my superior Sir and my teacher tells me to always be polite. I represent him when talking with other mages after all."
The young Akashic said proudly.

"Same with me and my Mentor." Serge said politely. "If I ever see your Mentor I'll make sure to tell him that his student follows his lessons perfectly."

"I have not been in allot of fights either Sir but I am interested in historical weapons and armor. Then again life is more than getting ready for battle, perhaps you just have so much fun doing it your way that it is worth the downside to it."
Yu Die said diplomatically.

"Life is more than boring efficiency and getting ready for the next fight. You gotta have a little fun or else life just gets drab and boring." Serge agreed wholeheartedly.

That made Yu Die's attempt to show a serene, stoic mask crack and she burst out laughing.
"Well Sir, that would be one great spell. I can just imagine a Technocrat when you manage to get away from them and the Final Fantasy victory melody are played...priceless!"
The other little girls glanced over at you and Yu Die wondering what was so funny.

"See genius right! What'd be even better would be if you could curse the Technocrat so on the way home he'd be forced to hear the jingle over and over as a constant reminder of what happened." Serge said with a laugh.

Noticing the girls confused looks, Serge dug out his phone and searched up the Final Fantasy Victory music.

"Hey Girls, imagine if every time you won something, this music played in the background." Serge explained clicking the play button and playing the classic and catchy video game jingle.

"Yeah I have allot of energy."
Cava said proudly.
"I managed 83 jumps without missing any once."
She said and grinned happily.
"I am sure you could do it to if you tried though Sir."
She assured you.

"Wow! 83! That's a lot of jumps." Serge said, now starting to sound like a kindergarten teacher.

"Maybe with a bit of practice of a long enough piece of rope I might one day be able to get to that number." Serge said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:57 pm

"Few have perfect lives Colin there are always trials and frustrations that will be a part of any life, hers as much as anyone else, but yes I wish the child well."
The Handler said softly.
Colin grinned, "She's a clever, resourceful child - of course, not as much as my own apprentice, but I may be slightly biased."

Dalisse studied the map then she glanced at you.
"That would be helpful Colin...if you make yourself ready to focus on the location then."
She said as she leaned back and closed her eyes then she added.
"I do not know if the vampires will be able to wake up for the fight, not during the day, though there are ways to awaken them, ways to disturb their inner clock as it where I will get them moved as soon as possible after the fighting starts."
He nodded and closed his eyes, mentally conjuring up the front and back of the building, counting the stairs up to Nicolai's apartment, the parts he had seen through the door, and the how the floor above had been unfinished... "Hopefully, they will stay asleep until, well... I will have to drop a note to a friend who can pass along the information to Prince Lodin..."

"It is a possibility but I doubt if even the Lady herself will be able to cast the ritual she is planning on her own unaided and without all the proper pieces in play"
Dalisse said and sigh then she nodded.
"But we have to be mindful of the possibility of course."
He nodded, "It would be a desperation move, I suppose... Besides, I suspect that for that, she would need an impressive amount of Quintessence - Tass she might not have at hand thanks to my side's capture of a carload of the stuff from Chicago..."

"I hope you are right Colin the poor child was so devastated when she lost her lover a few years ago, she deserves a chance of happiness away from the influences of the Malfeans."
Dalisse said and nodded.
He smiled wryly, "She and the whole of Creation deserves as much. Even Malfeans, I suppose..."

"Indeed and she got that prisoner in the most secure cell I will not be able to teleport anyone out of there."
The Handler said regretfully.
He frowned, "As regrettable as it is, even if he is an enemy... would you be able to kill him prematurely if Larson tries to bring him out to be sacrificed? It would be immediately obvious that you were interfering, but between that and the unmaking of the world..."

"So you are suggesting that we should attack Lady Larson from afar using magick and then conceal this from her with your scrambler rote...that might work but it is still fairly dangerous."
She said fearfully then she sigh again.
"Ok...what do you need me to do Colin, if you say this thing needs to be done then I will trust you."
The old Nephanda said and she added a slight smile.
He fished out his Chaos Wand, "Alright, time to get creative and break the letter of the law to support the spirit of it... This is my scrambling Rote in its basic form - it masks my magical aura from supernatural senses... See if you can follow the chaotic distortion of the patterns."
He rapidly went through the random flicks and twists that mimicked evasive maneuvers, and gave himself a light tap to complete the spell, "I think the relevant old hand seals would be Muto Fati and Vim... though I can't be sure of that. Once you've got enough of a grip on the base Rote, we can try to apply it as a masking shell around other effects... if we can do that here, I'm sure we can place such masked effects anywhere on board the ship."

She nodded at that determination showing on her face.
"Ok then...how do we do this thing?"
She asked, not seaming to bothered by your memories from the future.
He counted out the sachets of sand on the table, "Could you make an orifice by your door to, er, sneeze sand at whoever comes through? That would simplify the delivery to a great extent, and probably be on the unexpected side, too... After that, I have bullets made with the same sand - it seemed to be extremely painful for the poor woman I met on the way in... Let's see, we'll need to track down the Aswadim's relative's blood and destroy it - or at lest destroy the connection. A goodly gust of Wind of Mundane Silence might do the trick, but I would probably advise Flames of Purification instead. The chronomancer prisoner needs to be removed from the equation if Larson comes for him - but if he is left alone for the duration, I'd be content with that. The unoccupied rooms need to be sealed and vented once trouble starts, and eventually the vampires will need to be removed as well... and of course, the first thing we must try to do is to mask our interference."

((OOC: So, Arete rolls for the scrambler Rote: 3,5,9 - 3,5,8 - 1,8,9 - three successes should do, I think, for demonstration purposes.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:39 am

"Not much as of yet other than take down the Nephandus and don't die. Mrs Von Hess says that Mr Jace is currently in a lab in the South wing of the hospital I have the room number and our dowser have said she will let me know when and if he moves...if he is alone in the room trying to shift it into the Umbra might be viable, or for a more subtle idea using gas or similar substances to knock him out might also be viable. I do not like going in this blind but we are going to have to evaluate the situation when we get there."

"Alright," he said with a nod. He looked thoughtful at the proffered ideas and then let it go - they'd have to see what was going on when they got there.

Adjan gave you a tired look, the Euthanathos had been in allot of fights over the last few days, he had been forced to do many horrible things, and yet there where more that needed doing before he could rest.

Mara looked at you and smiled, she lifted the oil kittens into her lap and got into the passenger side seat. "Ah thank you young warrior how thoughtful." She coed. Duncan got into the back seat and you saw the rest of the party getting into Jeffry's car. The old Hermetic started up the engine and begun driving out of Steelhaven's garage. "I might be able to give the not so good Master Jace a bit of a jolt." Mara said as if it amused her and she petted the kittens fondly. "My little friends still have a purpose to play in this."

He gave Adjan a sympathetic one in return, then turned his attention to those travelling with him. He between the kittens and the cryptic Deaconess curiously and then shut the door for her once she was settled. He got into the driver's side and started up the car to follow his pater. "Well, then - is everyone ready?"

// I hate migraines, and the following hangover feeling :/ Feel better

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:06 am

Adley:

He gave Adjan a sympathetic one in return, then turned his attention to those travelling with him. He between the kittens and the cryptic Deaconess curiously and then shut the door for her once she was settled. He got into the driver's side and started up the car to follow his pater. "Well, then - is everyone ready?"

The Deaconess just nodded at that as she played with the kittens.
"I am young warrior...oh I do hope the little ones will not get car sick."
She said as she fussed over the oil kittens. Duncan nodded as well.
"I am ready Mr Roth Hicks."
He said as he put his seat belt on.
"Or as ready as I can be anyway. Say when we get there would you want me to fly around a bit, see what information I can gather as an owl?"
He offered.

Colin:

Colin grinned, "She's a clever, resourceful child - of course, not as much as my own apprentice, but I may be slightly biased."

That made Dalisse smile a little.
"I think some biases are quite acceptable Colin."

He nodded and closed his eyes, mentally conjuring up the front and back of the building, counting the stairs up to Nicolai's apartment, the parts he had seen through the door, and the how the floor above had been unfinished... "Hopefully, they will stay asleep until, well... I will have to drop a note to a friend who can pass along the information to Prince Lodin..."

Dalisse sat silent for a moment then she said.
"I have enough information now to teleport the vampires and yes hopefully they will stay asleep for now. I assume Prince Lodin is the leader of the vampires in the area you want to have them sent to?"
She asked.

He nodded, "It would be a desperation move, I suppose... Besides, I suspect that for that, she would need an impressive amount of Quintessence - Tass she might not have at hand thanks to my side's capture of a carload of the stuff from Chicago..."

"She do have quite a bit of stored up Tass and we do have several Nodes."
The Handler informed you.
"But even so there is little point in doing a desperation move you have no chance of actually pulling of."

He smiled wryly, "She and the whole of Creation deserves as much. Even Malfeans, I suppose..."

"Only that the Malfeans want to end creation for all of us."
Dalisse reminded you.

He frowned, "As regrettable as it is, even if he is an enemy... would you be able to kill him prematurely if Larson tries to bring him out to be sacrificed? It would be immediately obvious that you were interfering, but between that and the unmaking of the world..."

"Not likely, she will have guards on him and wards, if she did not suspect me at all perhaps but if I am going to be doing any of the other things you have asked of me she will and a surprise attack will not succeed, I am not a war mage Colin, I am sorry."
Dalisse said and shook her head.

He fished out his Chaos Wand, "Alright, time to get creative and break the letter of the law to support the spirit of it... This is my scrambling Rote in its basic form - it masks my magical aura from supernatural senses... See if you can follow the chaotic distortion of the patterns."

She nodded at that and paid attention to what you where doing.

He rapidly went through the random flicks and twists that mimicked evasive maneuvers, and gave himself a light tap to complete the spell, "I think the relevant old hand seals would be Muto Fati and Vim... though I can't be sure of that. Once you've got enough of a grip on the base Rote, we can try to apply it as a masking shell around other effects... if we can do that here, I'm sure we can place such masked effects anywhere on board the ship."

"There where no Ars Fati in the old Hermetic system, any manipulation of chance would use other Ars Vim for the most part, so...Muto Vim, but I work with several systems I can certainly follow yours instead."
The Handler said as she mimicked your rote, using her fingers as a wand until she got it right.
"Well it might conceal our actions to some degree but even such measures can be seen through, and if the rote is discovered it can be picked apart."
She warned.

He counted out the sachets of sand on the table, "Could you make an orifice by your door to, er, sneeze sand at whoever comes through? That would simplify the delivery to a great extent, and probably be on the unexpected side, too...

"Yes I can but as with maws forming such will take time, a few hours at least."
Dalisse said.
"And that is if my ship will accept the sand."

After that, I have bullets made with the same sand - it seemed to be extremely painful for the poor woman I met on the way in... Let's see, we'll need to track down the Aswadim's relative's blood and destroy it - or at lest destroy the connection. A goodly gust of Wind of Mundane Silence might do the trick, but I would probably advise Flames of Purification instead.

"I do not know where Larson would be keeping this blood but if you get an idea of that I can both teleport you there and lead you safety though the ship...well relatively safely. If I can work magick with you and we manage to fit our Paradigms together we can do the needed spells from her, unless the areas in question are warded."

The chronomancer prisoner needs to be removed from the equation if Larson comes for him - but if he is left alone for the duration, I'd be content with that. The unoccupied rooms need to be sealed and vented once trouble starts, and eventually the vampires will need to be removed as well... and of course, the first thing we must try to do is to mask our interference."

"Sealing and venting the rooms are not a big task, getting at the prisoner will be harder though. Teleporting the vampires I can do when I get a bit of time to do so...as for the scrambler I could try to work in concert with you for that one Colin."
The Handler offered.

Serge:

"Same with me and my Mentor." Serge said politely. "If I ever see your Mentor I'll make sure to tell him that his student follows his lessons perfectly."

"Thank you Sir...you are most kind I appreciate that."
Yu Die said and she smiled.

"Life is more than boring efficiency and getting ready for the next fight. You gotta have a little fun or else life just gets drab and boring." Serge agreed wholeheartedly.

"Absolutely Sir, after all what is the point of fighting to stay alive and thrive if one do not have some fun with one's life...well I guess protecting others are a reason but fun is important as well."
The young Akashic said and nodded.

"See genius right! What'd be even better would be if you could curse the Technocrat so on the way home he'd be forced to hear the jingle over and over as a constant reminder of what happened." Serge said with a laugh.

"Oh...yes that would be so fun Sir."
Yu Die said and she seamed amused.
"Pure genius indeed."

Noticing the girls confused looks, Serge dug out his phone and searched up the Final Fantasy Victory music.

"Hey Girls, imagine if every time you won something, this music played in the background." Serge explained clicking the play button and playing the classic and catchy video game jingle.

"What is that melody Sir?"
Asked Cava but the two older girls seamed to be amused by it and they grinned.

"Wow! 83! That's a lot of jumps." Serge said, now starting to sound like a kindergarten teacher.

"Yeah...but I am going to get to one hundred one day Sir."
Cava said with confidence and she smiled.

"Maybe with a bit of practice of a long enough piece of rope I might one day be able to get to that number." Serge said with a smile.

"Yeah I think you would Sir...but you are right you would need a longer rope than me for you are taller."
She announced.

Nicole:

Nicole willed herself up; adrenaline shielding her from the most of the pain. This had to end; now. As soon as she was able to, she'll empty the rest of the pistol's clip into the Fallen - that damn shield thing had to give way at some point...

None of your bullets his the Fallen man, they fell harmlessly to the floor as his kinetic shield protected him but as the final bullet was stopped by his shield he got a terrified look on his face and you could almost hear something shattering or breaking and you got a good feeling that the man was now unprotected. In the background you heard the other mages fight against the thing these Nephandi had summoned up, and the screams from the woman wounded in the explosion, as the plump Nephandus flicked his good hand again and air, hard as fists impacted your guts, and it hurt, it felt as if a strong man had delivered two punches to your abdomen with all his might, the Nephandus' movements where desperate now though, without his protections he was afraid.

(OOC: Three more bashing after some very lucky soaking rolls. Also no more kinetic shield, Adley knows that Nephandus' frustration. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:40 am

Dalisse sat silent for a moment then she said.
"I have enough information now to teleport the vampires and yes hopefully they will stay asleep for now. I assume Prince Lodin is the leader of the vampires in the area you want to have them sent to?"
She asked.
Colin nodded, "The apartment belongs to a particularly irritating pain in the neck - the same chap who was trying to get a Mage child bride, in fact. Might as well try to get two birds with one stone..."

"She do have quite a bit of stored up Tass and we do have several Nodes."
The Handler informed you.
"But even so there is little point in doing a desperation move you have no chance of actually pulling of."
He nodded, "True enough, we only intercepted one shipment - a large one, to be sure, but still only one shipment. It's fairly safe to assume she'd received several already... Whether or not she has enough to pull off what she intends, I do not know, but... we can only hope for now."

"Only that the Malfeans want to end creation for all of us."
Dalisse reminded you.
He smiled thinly, "Even so, they deserve a little happiness away from Malfean influences..."

"Not likely, she will have guards on him and wards, if she did not suspect me at all perhaps but if I am going to be doing any of the other things you have asked of me she will and a surprise attack will not succeed, I am not a war mage Colin, I am sorry."
Dalisse said and shook her head.
He nodded, "Quite alright, just checking options... The two of you already have a strained relationship, to say the least - if she was ever inclined to not be suspicious of your agenda, it would not be today, after you warned the Aswadim..."

"There where no Ars Fati in the old Hermetic system, any manipulation of chance would use other Ars Vim for the most part, so...Muto Vim, but I work with several systems I can certainly follow yours instead."
The Handler said as she mimicked your rote, using her fingers as a wand until she got it right.
"Well it might conceal our actions to some degree but even such measures can be seen through, and if the rote is discovered it can be picked apart."
She warned.
He nodded, "It would not have to hold forever, though - handled right, it would just have to hold long enough to get the job done; every delay after that would just be a bonus."

"Yes I can but as with maws forming such will take time, a few hours at least."
Dalisse said.
"And that is if my ship will accept the sand."
He frowned, "So that's not viable, then. Hm, throwing the sand might work, though... er, I don't suppose you have an electric fan?"

"I do not know where Larson would be keeping this blood but if you get an idea of that I can both teleport you there and lead you safety though the ship...well relatively safely. If I can work magick with you and we manage to fit our Paradigms together we can do the needed spells from her, unless the areas in question are warded."
He nodded, "Well, if she uses blood magic a lot, she'll likely have several caches of the stuff; the sample in question might be... hum... I wonder if anyone has identified the source? One moment..."
He tapped out a message to Morgan again, 'Has the descendant of the A. been identified? If we can pinpoint the relevant blood, we might be able to destroy it.'

"Sealing and venting the rooms are not a big task, getting at the prisoner will be harder though. Teleporting the vampires I can do when I get a bit of time to do so...as for the scrambler I could try to work in concert with you for that one Colin."
The Handler offered.
He nodded, "Teaming up to conceal any spells with it... we might be able to pull it off together."

((OOC: Feeling your shields fail is frustrating and scary. But probably not half as scary as realizing your magnificent bullet shield is useless against an enraged man with a knife. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:35 pm

Colin nodded, "The apartment belongs to a particularly irritating pain in the neck - the same chap who was trying to get a Mage child bride, in fact. Might as well try to get two birds with one stone..."

"Hum...sounds like a most unpleasant person, I take it he was the one who bought the trap maker's daughter. I do hope that in creating trouble for him though that no innocent sleepers are put in danger."
Dalisse said and frowned.

He nodded, "True enough, we only intercepted one shipment - a large one, to be sure, but still only one shipment. It's fairly safe to assume she'd received several already... Whether or not she has enough to pull off what she intends, I do not know, but... we can only hope for now."

"She have enough, one thing are shipments from allies but there are also the Nodes, existing Tass stores not to mention that Lady Larson is not beyond sacrificing a few hundred sleepers to get what she wants, the Tass we lost would have been very useful, but it's loss will not stop Lady Larson's plans."
The Handler said calmly.

He smiled thinly, "Even so, they deserve a little happiness away from Malfean influences..."

"True that, true that."
She said and nodded.

He nodded, "Quite alright, just checking options... The two of you already have a strained relationship, to say the least - if she was ever inclined to not be suspicious of your agenda, it would not be today, after you warned the Aswadim..."

"Well that little tidbit she do not know or her Security Chief would be here making sure I regret it, but no Lady Larson do not trust me and to be honest she have no reason to trust me either, we both know I would gladly see her dead after all, so she would not lower her guard around me."

He nodded, "It would not have to hold forever, though - handled right, it would just have to hold long enough to get the job done; every delay after that would just be a bonus."

"Well yes I guess this is worth sacrificing our lives for, but once it is done then we would be back to the last stand situation for then Lady Larson's men would come for us."
The Handler said fearfully.
"Not that one final blaze of glory is a bad way to go, but I would prefer to live."

He frowned, "So that's not viable, then. Hm, throwing the sand might work, though... er, I don't suppose you have an electric fan?"

"I do not, but if you want wind, now that I can create Colin Ars Auram is a most nimble and useful art."
The old mage said and smiled.

He nodded, "Well, if she uses blood magic a lot, she'll likely have several caches of the stuff; the sample in question might be... hum... I wonder if anyone has identified the source? One moment..."

"She have some jars of dried blood powder that she uses Colin but generally her caches of blood for ritual are prisoners that can be bled."
Dalisse said and she frowned again.

He tapped out a message to Morgan again, 'Has the descendant of the A. been identified? If we can pinpoint the relevant blood, we might be able to destroy it.'

You got a reply back:
"This is Adjan JM asked me to reply as he is driving. He says that KN called and let us know the Aswadim are the father of Master Ir and that a vial of blood taken from one his twin children went missing somewhere on route from the doctor's office to the lab. JM do not know the child's name though."

He nodded, "Teaming up to conceal any spells with it... we might be able to pull it off together."

Dalisse nodded at that.
"Choose a Paradigm and explain it to me please, I am rather flexible when it comes to what I work with, I have had so many systems though the years...also do you need any Tass for the working?"
Dalisse said and smiled.

(OOC: Well that was one umbeliably dead Nephandus. Razz )
(OOC 2: Forgive my late reply I was at my weekly support group meeting.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:54 pm

"Oh...yes that would be so fun Sir."
Yu Die said and she seamed amused.
"Pure genius indeed."

"Oh if you think that was clever, wait till you hear about this other spell me and the girl thought up." Serge said, rifling through the many papers that now scattered Rosa's room, looking for the runic symbols that he and the girls had drawn.

"We were drawing some runes here see. Jera, Berkana, and Wunjo. Year, Growth, and Joy. Sounds kinda like a birthday doesn't it." Serge said holding up the three pages each depicting it's own rune.

"I feel like, it may be possible to create a spell that tricks people into thinking that it's their birthday. I don't know what kind of purpose such a spell would serve, I just want to see if it's possible." Serge said looking back at the runes.

"What is that melody Sir?"
Asked Cava but the two older girls seamed to be amused by it and they grinned.

"It's from an old video game. It played after you won a battle against the monsters." Serge said, glad to inform the younger generation on the wonders of his time.

"Yeah...but I am going to get to one hundred one day Sir."
Cava said with confidence and she smiled.

"Oh snap. Aiming for those three digits are you?" Serge said with a smile.

"Well you better eat a lot of vegetables and other healthy foods so you have plenty of energy to do so." Serge said, thinking that he should at the very least pass on some good lessons to the young girl while she was with him.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:41 pm

The Deaconess just nodded at that as she played with the kittens. "I am young warrior...oh I do hope the little ones will not get car sick." She said as she fussed over the oil kittens. Duncan nodded as well. "I am ready Mr Roth Hicks." He said as he put his seat belt on. Or as ready as I can be anyway."

"And away we go," he said, pulling out of the relative safety of the garage to follow his pater.

"Say when we get there would you want me to fly around a bit, see what information I can gather as an owl?" He offered.

"Reconnaissance could be helpful," he agreed with a nod. "It depends where in the damn building he is and how we're approaching... where we think we can get inside or him outside," he added thoughtfully. "The Chief may want you to though...you ever been to this hospital?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:10 pm

Anja's Post:

Attempting her best to ignore the pain, Nicole fired again at the Fallen [reloading if needed]; desiring for this bastard to die right now.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Serge:

"Oh if you think that was clever, wait till you hear about this other spell me and the girl thought up." Serge said, rifling through the many papers that now scattered Rosa's room, looking for the runic symbols that he and the girls had drawn.

"We were drawing some runes here see. Jera, Berkana, and Wunjo. Year, Growth, and Joy. Sounds kinda like a birthday doesn't it." Serge said holding up the three pages each depicting it's own rune.

"I feel like, it may be possible to create a spell that tricks people into thinking that it's their birthday. I don't know what kind of purpose such a spell would serve, I just want to see if it's possible." Serge said looking back at the runes.

"I am afraid I do not know much about runes Sir."
Yu Die said then she raised an eyebrow.
"What would be the purpose of tricking someone into thinking it is their birthday? I get tricking someone into thinking it is Saturday or something so they will stay home from work when you do not want them there for some reason but their birthday?"
She asked and she did not sound to impressed.

"It's from an old video game. It played after you won a battle against the monsters." Serge said, glad to inform the younger generation on the wonders of his time.

"Sounds like a fun game Sir."
Cava said and smiled.

"Oh snap. Aiming for those three digits are you?" Serge said with a smile.

"What are digits Sir?"
Cava asked she was after all a rather small child and some words where beyond her.

"Well you better eat a lot of vegetables and other healthy foods so you have plenty of energy to do so." Serge said, thinking that he should at the very least pass on some good lessons to the young girl while she was with him.

"I am not very fond of vegetables Sir."
The little mage girl complained.

Adley:

"Reconnaissance could be helpful," he agreed with a nod. "It depends where in the damn building he is and how we're approaching... where we think we can get inside or him outside," he added thoughtfully. "The Chief may want you to though...you ever been to this hospital?"

"We are going to have to come up with some excuse as to why we are going to the hospital that will not make the sleepers working there suspicious, that is the first step."
Duncan said.
"If the lab the man in in have windows though I can fly there and have a look."
The Verbena continued then he nodded.
"I will talk with Master Morgan about it. I have been to this hospital once, I got an eye infection I where not able to heal at one time and I was sent to a specialist, but other than the optometrist office and the cafeteria I did not see much of the buildings."

Nicole:

Attempting her best to ignore the pain, Nicole fired again at the Fallen [reloading if needed]; desiring for this bastard to die right now.

You fired upon the Nephandus with grim determination, he was a quick caster and managed to stop some of the bullets with a quick spell but not all of them and he screamed as he was hit in the chest, blood splattering over you as he hit the ground hard an gurgled as he gasped for breath. The Nephandus tried to sit back up, he was not dead but he was pretty badly injured.

(OOC: I assume you meant Willpower point? Anyway you did 4 agg which means he have gotten 5 agg in all he is not dead but he is pretty close.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:48 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole got up off the floor as quickly as possible, suppressing the urge to throw up - more from the gut-attack than the sight in front of her. Situation was simple; others still under attack, needed to end this so she could assist. So moved to finish the bastard off with a last round.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:04 am

"Hum...sounds like a most unpleasant person, I take it he was the one who bought the trap maker's daughter. I do hope that in creating trouble for him though that no innocent sleepers are put in danger."
Colin nodded, "There are two things that will serve toward protecting the innocent in that regard - first, the vampires have their own Law of Shade, to hide from Sleepers, and second, there's a Technocrat Construct almost literally right around the corner. Hm, might be able to drop word to them as well, see who gets there first..."

"She have enough, one thing are shipments from allies but there are also the Nodes, existing Tass stores not to mention that Lady Larson is not beyond sacrificing a few hundred sleepers to get what she wants, the Tass we lost would have been very useful, but it's loss will not stop Lady Larson's plans."
The Handler said calmly.
He nodded, then grinned, "You know, we could try to burn off the Tass in some abrupt and underhanded manner, once our cover is blown anyway... Best wait with that, though."

"Well that little tidbit she do not know or her Security Chief would be here making sure I regret it, but no Lady Larson do not trust me and to be honest she have no reason to trust me either, we both know I would gladly see her dead after all, so she would not lower her guard around me."
He nodded, "Well, hopefully, my people will arrive soon and ensure both Larson and her Security Chief are a little too busy to worry about a rogue Handler..."

"Well yes I guess this is worth sacrificing our lives for, but once it is done then we would be back to the last stand situation for then Lady Larson's men would come for us."
The Handler said fearfully.
"Not that one final blaze of glory is a bad way to go, but I would prefer to live."
He nodded, "The longer we can work without them noticing - or at least without them realizing it is us - the better. I agree that dying in the defense of Creation would be an acceptable way to go, but all the same, I too would prefer to stick around... for my future family, my friends, and for that matter to sort out a number of promises."

"I do not, but if you want wind, now that I can create Colin Ars Auram is a most nimble and useful art."
The old mage said and smiled.
He pondered, then grinned, "A little dust devil, as they call them... that could work perfectly. A little sand-laden whirlwind that gets well and truly under the trespassers' clothes."

"She have some jars of dried blood powder that she uses Colin but generally her caches of blood for ritual are prisoners that can be bled."
Dalisse said and she frowned again.
He frowned, "Hum, this sample would probably still be fresh liquid..."

You got a reply back:
"This is Adjan JM asked me to reply as he is driving. He says that KN called and let us know the Aswadim are the father of Master Ir and that a vial of blood taken from one his twin children went missing somewhere on route from the doctor's office to the lab. JM do not know the child's name though."
He frowned, "Oh, bloody hell, I know whose blood it is... A Rebis named Heylel; do you think you could find a single vial of Rebis blood somewhere on board?"

Dalisse nodded at that.
"Choose a Paradigm and explain it to me please, I am rather flexible when it comes to what I work with, I have had so many systems though the years...also do you need any Tass for the working?"
Dalisse said and smiled.
He nodded, "For creating such a shell, no, I do not think I will need any Tass... though the corrupted Tass I have on me might be very useful. Let's see, in terms of Paradigm, magic is impossible; it needs to be worked somewhere that is separated from Reality. Creating a sufficient small space - or non-space, if you prefer - separate from the observant Reality can be done as easily as drawing a circle within which the more static Reality has no authority... A wand or ring, or any of a number of other suitable items can also be used as a frame for such a space where the impossible is possible. In terms of tools and methods otherwise - I've drawn much from the quasi-Hermetic methods found in Fantasy literature..."
He went on to explain in some greater depth the basic principles of his Paradigm, making a few illustrations and notes as he went along, including the basic principle of his proxy Rote that could funnel Tass directly into some other effect, and how that in turn might be able to power a highly Resonated camouflage shell for a separate effect, creating a very misleading magical residue that might point to a corrupted Node instead of a living Mage...

((OOC: So, basically, Colin's theorycrafting the use of corrupt Tass to power-by-proxy the scrambling rote woven around a third spell that will actually do some gruntwork... Definitely a complicated maneuver. Do I roll anything to see if Colin makes any sense to Dalisse? Razz ))
((OOC2: No problem - was out playing Pathfinder after work, myself.))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:36 am

"We are going to have to come up with some excuse as to why we are going to the hospital that will not make the sleepers working there suspicious, that is the first step." Duncan said

"He was sposed to be in a lab if I recall, what's over in that wing...maybe we'll get lucky and he'll be over by the side by the riverway. If we need to get in, we can try to say we're visiting a patient, bringing someone in for a checkup..." he said, starting a bit of a brainstorm.

"If the lab the man in in have windows though I can fly there and have a look." The Verbena continued then he nodded. "I will talk with Master Morgan about it. I have been to this hospital once, I got an eye infection I where not able to heal at one time and I was sent to a specialist, but other than the optometrist office and the cafeteria I did not see much of the buildings."

"Hrm,...what did it feel like in there? Is it crawling with Tehcnocrats on top of sleepers? Spirits? What kind of impression did the place give you, if anything..." he said, maneuvering the car through traffic.  "There could be cameras in the garage and some of the other areas," he mused.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:09 am

"I am afraid I do not know much about runes Sir."
Yu Die said then she raised an eyebrow.
"What would be the purpose of tricking someone into thinking it is their birthday? I get tricking someone into thinking it is Saturday or something so they will stay home from work when you do not want them there for some reason but their birthday?"
She asked and she did not sound to impressed.

"Like I said their's no real purpose. Maybe to distract a person, I dunno. I just wanted to see if I can do it." Serge said, a little sad that he couldn't get the same laughing reaction out of Yu Die again. He placed the three rune pages into his sketchbook for future spellcrafting.

"It'd be interesting to see. Imagine walking into a room and then suddenly being in a room full of decorations and music. And feeling that youthful joy wash over you as you realize that it's your birthday today. Feeling all of your pains and worries melt away as you see the balloons floating up and the decorations spelling out your name. Also it's the first thing that I thought of. Their's a lot of things to learn from creating a spell like that." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"If you created your own spell what would you want it to do?" Serge asked.

"What are digits Sir?"
Cava asked she was after all a rather small child and some words where beyond her.

"It's the number of numbers within a number." Serge said, quickly realizing that his explanation probably didn't help anybody.

"I am not very fond of vegetables Sir."
The little mage girl complained.

"Me neither. Their gross. But we have to eat them if we want to stay healthy." Serge said to the young mage.

"I wish their was a spell to make all vegetables taste like chocolate. That'd be sweet." Serge mused.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:25 am

Nicole:

Nicole got up off the floor as quickly as possible, suppressing the urge to throw up - more from the gut-attack than the sight in front of her. Situation was simple; others still under attack, needed to end this so she could assist. So moved to finish the bastard off with a last round.

The Nephandus looked both scared and terribly relieved when he realized that you had the intention to end his life rather than take him prisoner. You squeezed out the round and the plump man slumped to the floor dead. The manifested Umbrood who right now had Antonio by the neck while the two others where peppering him with bullets suddenly stopped, put the Hermetic down and glanced over at you and the dead Nephandus, then it simply vanished like a gangster who had been told his boss was dead so there really where no need to continue this fight. Antonio cough and got to his feet.
"Well done Miss Bouchard."
He managed.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "There are two things that will serve toward protecting the innocent in that regard - first, the vampires have their own Law of Shade, to hide from Sleepers, and second, there's a Technocrat Construct almost literally right around the corner. Hm, might be able to drop word to them as well, see who gets there first..."

"The Law of Shade of the vampires are well and good I doubt these infernalists much care about that."
Dalisse said and she frowned.
"Involving the Union in this could make things more complicated."

He nodded, then grinned, "You know, we could try to burn off the Tass in some abrupt and underhanded manner, once our cover is blown anyway... Best wait with that, though."

"I am not very happy about the idea of burning of that amount of Tass on boart my ship."
The Handler said nervously.

He nodded, "Well, hopefully, my people will arrive soon and ensure both Larson and her Security Chief are a little too busy to worry about a rogue Handler..."

"I hope you are right Colin...I hope you are right."
Dalisse said but she was clearly scared.

He nodded, "The longer we can work without them noticing - or at least without them realizing it is us - the better. I agree that dying in the defense of Creation would be an acceptable way to go, but all the same, I too would prefer to stick around... for my future family, my friends, and for that matter to sort out a number of promises."

"Very well, hopefully we can hide our actions for long enough then but the Labyrinth are on alert, this might be harder than you think Colin."
The Handler said with a sigh.

He pondered, then grinned, "A little dust devil, as they call them... that could work perfectly. A little sand-laden whirlwind that gets well and truly under the trespassers' clothes."

"This I can indeed create with my magick."
She agreed and grinned.

He frowned, "Hum, this sample would probably still be fresh liquid..."

"Hum...it would need to be stored cold then right?"
Dalisse asked.

He frowned, "Oh, bloody hell, I know whose blood it is... A Rebis named Heylel; do you think you could find a single vial of Rebis blood somewhere on board?"

"That is a ill fated name for a Rebis."
The Handler said and she raised an eyebrow.
"I think so but it would take some time and allot of focus so I am not sure I can do both that and help you with the scrambler rote as searching for that blood will take all of my attention."

He nodded, "For creating such a shell, no, I do not think I will need any Tass... though the corrupted Tass I have on me might be very useful. Let's see, in terms of Paradigm, magic is impossible; it needs to be worked somewhere that is separated from Reality. Creating a sufficient small space - or non-space, if you prefer - separate from the observant Reality can be done as easily as drawing a circle within which the more static Reality has no authority... A wand or ring, or any of a number of other suitable items can also be used as a frame for such a space where the impossible is possible. In terms of tools and methods otherwise - I've drawn much from the quasi-Hermetic methods found in Fantasy literature..."

The Handler listened to your words then she nodded.
"I can work this Paradigm I think...what if she chalk up a circle on the table and create this space outside of reality for the working there?"
She suggested.

He went on to explain in some greater depth the basic principles of his Paradigm, making a few illustrations and notes as he went along, including the basic principle of his proxy Rote that could funnel Tass directly into some other effect, and how that in turn might be able to power a highly Resonated camouflage shell for a separate effect, creating a very misleading magical residue that might point to a corrupted Node instead of a living Mage...

"That is quite a useful spell."
The Handler said as she paid attention to your words and she begun to carefully move her new book and the block of margarine from the table to the sofa to make room.

(OOC: Yes what if you roll the skill we made for Colin the one that let him explain across Paradigms. That is a pretty complicated spell he is planning after all.)

Adley:

"He was sposed to be in a lab if I recall, what's over in that wing...maybe we'll get lucky and he'll be over by the side by the riverway. If we need to get in, we can try to say we're visiting a patient, bringing someone in for a checkup..." he said, starting a bit of a brainstorm.

"The hospital have drop in appointment for various examinations we can easilly claim to be coming in for one of those, checking blood sugar, eye examinations, controlling moles, general check ups...quite a variety really."
Duncan said as he looked at his phone clearly googling the hospital.
"Hum let me see if I can find what is in what wing."
He muttered to himself.
"It seams Orthopedics are in the West wing at least, and their biochemistry lab...let me see what more..."

"Hrm,...what did it feel like in there? Is it crawling with Tehcnocrats on top of sleepers? Spirits? What kind of impression did the place give you, if anything..." he said, maneuvering the car through traffic. "There could be cameras in the garage and some of the other areas," he mused.

"The hospital felt competent but a little cold. I saw no Technocrats but I would not be suprised if they are there, it would be the typical place for them."
Duncan said then he nodded.
"It is sure to be cameras everywhere really so probably in the garage as well."

Serge:

"Like I said their's no real purpose. Maybe to distract a person, I dunno. I just wanted to see if I can do it." Serge said, a little sad that he couldn't get the same laughing reaction out of Yu Die again. He placed the three rune pages into his sketchbook for future spellcrafting.

"It'd be interesting to see. Imagine walking into a room and then suddenly being in a room full of decorations and music. And feeling that youthful joy wash over you as you realize that it's your birthday today. Feeling all of your pains and worries melt away as you see the balloons floating up and the decorations spelling out your name. Also it's the first thing that I thought of. Their's a lot of things to learn from creating a spell like that." Serge said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"I am not sure using mental manipulations on someone just to see if you can do it Sir."
Yu Die said then she looked down.
"Forgive me, I should not try to dictate your actions Sir."
The young mage said then she frowned bitterly.
"I can not say I have that association to birthdays. If my various fosters even remembered then they might give me a card or a cheap toy from the dollar three, most of them could not care less so birthdays really only served to remind me that I where irrelevant and worthless."
She said sadly.

"If you created your own spell what would you want it to do?" Serge asked.

"That depends Sir, a spell created with what magick I know now, or what I might learn in the future?"
Yu Die asked.

"It's the number of numbers within a number." Serge said, quickly realizing that his explanation probably didn't help anybody.

Cava giggled clearly not understanding.
"You are funny Sir."
She said happily.

"Me neither. Their gross. But we have to eat them if we want to stay healthy." Serge said to the young mage.

"I wish their was a spell to make all vegetables taste like chocolate. That'd be sweet." Serge mused.

Cava pouted a bit.
"Could we not use magick to stay healthy Sir then we could eat whatever we want to."
She said. Yu Die glanced at the little girl.
"Vegetables can be delicious if cooked right."
She said but the young Hermetic dd not look like she agreed.
"I am with Mr Serge I want vegetables that taste like chocolates!"
She said and Yu Die sigh.
"Well it would be sort of awesome."
The young Akashic muttered.
"I like corn on the cob, that is a vegetable."
Jane chimed in.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:42 am

"The Law of Shade of the vampires are well and good I doubt these infernalists much care about that."
Dalisse said and she frowned.
"Involving the Union in this could make things more complicated."
Colin nodded, "The vampires' Law of Shade does not pertain much to what these infernalist vampires do, true - but the vampires of Chicago will, if notified, likely make every effort to get the infernalists dealt with via their ghouls long before sunset."

"I am not very happy about the idea of burning of that amount of Tass on boart my ship."
The Handler said nervously.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Burn, in the sense of consuming for fuel, not in the sense of setting it on fire... Hum, there's an idea; using the Tass in the stores to power the effect, could you make the interior space of those storeroom grow continuously?"

"I hope you are right Colin...I hope you are right."
Dalisse said but she was clearly scared.
He smiled wryly, "I think she will find two righteously furious Flambeau right in front of her own nose a greater immediate problem than a Handler who decided to sell her out in a distant room..."

"Very well, hopefully we can hide our actions for long enough then but the Labyrinth are on alert, this might be harder than you think Colin."
The Handler said with a sigh.
He nodded, "It will be easier when the distractions heroically burst in, but all the same..."

"This I can indeed create with my magick."
She agreed and grinned.
He nodded, "If they approach, I'll pour the sand, then."

"Hum...it would need to be stored cold then right?"
Dalisse asked.
He nodded, "I believe so - possibly in a small thermos-like container, too."

"That is a ill fated name for a Rebis."
The Handler said and she raised an eyebrow.
"I think so but it would take some time and allot of focus so I am not sure I can do both that and help you with the scrambler rote as searching for that blood will take all of my attention."
He grimaced, "Quite; they say that imitation is the highest form of flattery, but frankly, I'm mostly concerned. Hm, locating the vial should take top priority - I can get started on the theoretical foundation for the complicated work in the meantime."

The Handler listened to your words then she nodded.
"I can work this Paradigm I think...what if she chalk up a circle on the table and create this space outside of reality for the working there?"
She suggested.
He nodded, "That should work perfectly."

"That is quite a useful spell."
The Handler said as she paid attention to your words and she begun to carefully move her new book and the block of margarine from the table to the sofa to make room.
He smiled, "Potentially infinite applications, and with no need to ingest potentially hazardous Quintessence to squeeze a little more power out of a spell..."

((OOC: Int+Paradigm Translation, right. 3,3,7,9,0. Looks like he's conveyed a working understanding of it. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:01 pm

Colin nodded, "The vampires' Law of Shade does not pertain much to what these infernalist vampires do, true - but the vampires of Chicago will, if notified, likely make every effort to get the infernalists dealt with via their ghouls long before sunset."

"I see very well then hopefully you are right. I can teleport the vampires to the location you mentioned if you you think that the sleepers in the building will still be safe."
Dalisse said and nodded.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Burn, in the sense of consuming for fuel, not in the sense of setting it on fire... Hum, there's an idea; using the Tass in the stores to power the effect, could you make the interior space of those storeroom grow continuously?"

"Yes I could but the Tass sores are warded so using them can be somewhat difficult."
The Handler said.

He smiled wryly, "I think she will find two righteously furious Flambeau right in front of her own nose a greater immediate problem than a Handler who decided to sell her out in a distant room..."

"Two Flambeau, hum that is useful for a battle. Again though I have to say that I hope you are right or this will be the end of us."
Dalisse mumbled.

He nodded, "It will be easier when the distractions heroically burst in, but all the same..."

She nodded at that though she still looked a bit doubtful.

He nodded, "If they approach, I'll pour the sand, then."

"And I will be ready with the dust devils."
Dalisse said and grinned.

He nodded, "I believe so - possibly in a small thermos-like container, too."

"There is a chance Lady Larson have the blood on her person then."
The Handler commented.
"Or hidden in her room."

He grimaced, "Quite; they say that imitation is the highest form of flattery, but frankly, I'm mostly concerned. Hm, locating the vial should take top priority - I can get started on the theoretical foundation for the complicated work in the meantime."

"Let us hope this child will have better luck with his life than his namesake."
Dalisse said then she sat down on the floor and put her hands on the bone like floor and she closed her eyes uttering softly to herself in long dead languages. After some time she opened her eyes again and sigh.
"The sample of young Heylel's blood is on Lady Larson's person...I do not think she noticed my scrying though."
She said and sigh.
"This complicate things but it is not this blood she is currently working with."

He nodded, "That should work perfectly."

"Good then we have a start of a plan at least."
She said as she started tidying of the table.

He smiled, "Potentially infinite applications, and with no need to ingest potentially hazardous Quintessence to squeeze a little more power out of a spell..."

"Indeed this spell have the potential to be as game changing as when Bonisagus created the Parma Magica...will not your own faction be angry that you have taught it to me though?"
The Handler said and she sounded worried.

"Well then I do think I understand where you are going with this at least. So once we have used the scramber what exactly should we do, our obfiscation is not likely to last for long so we must have our course of action clear."
Dalisse said as she regarded you.
"You are pretty good at explaining to other mages how to work magick in a way both can understand."
She said and smiled.

(OOC:Yeah that works.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:09 pm

Anja's Post:

Deed done, Nicole heavily leant on the wall, catching a quick breather, trying hard not to think about just how bad that situation could have got. Gave a nod to Antonio, reloading the pistol. Next; deal with that screaming woman, then back to the car to get her rifle.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next