Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 12 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:18 pm

Serge:

Serge thought for a second, wondering how he would draw something like that. He picked up a pencil and started drawing whatever came to mind.

At first he began to draw a simple angry man with his fist balled up and raised in the air, as if he was shouting at someone who was off the page. Then he started adding the famous Nephandi mutations, placing eyeballs in various strange places on the man and tentacles peeking out of his clothing.

"Is it a octopus Sir?"
Cava asked as she glanced at what you where drawing.
"An angry octopus?"
She asked then Rosa said.
"Perhaps he is a Nephandus my Mentor told me they have mutations."
The young Cultist said.
"Yeah...but if he is a Nephandus he needs to be sent to the time out corner."
Jane declared.

Colin:

Colin grinned, "I'm learning. They are a little different from helicopters, but there are similarities. And yes, I suppose you just might get to see some of those ships someday."

"That would be so much fun Sir and yeah I suspect flying ships are different from helicopters."
Case said and grinned happily.

He nodded sagely at Jacob's enthusiastic statements.

Louisa smiled at that.
"Oh and Mr Wainwright we have moved your daughter's ultrasound by an hour so she can get it done once she have calmed down and been checked out."
The nurse said as she listened to Jacob's enthusiastic words.

He nodded, "Probably several purposes, including finding her doll so I could reinforce her faith in me..."

"I have seen Anna with that doll, it do seam to mean a great deal to her."
Ange said and nodded.
"Returning it to her could have been the reason why you where brought together indeed."

He frowned, "Ah, that sort of video... hum... depending on what sort of recording setup she has, it might be possible to track her by background noise and items in the background - like various police agencies do with child abuse photos and videos.

"We have tried but the damned woman is extremely good at not being found, there is a reason why no one remembers more than her first name and that to is probably an alias."
Ange said and frowned.
"I suspect the woman are protected by Arcane...a mystical protection some mages develop that makes it harder for others to notice and remember them, including harder to find traces of them online."

As for Mr. Yager, he's a good kid - he helped a distraught former Nephanda by drawing a few pictures to tug at her heartstrings, did he tell you about that? The poor woman, she had nothing left but a void and her memories..."

"Yes poor woman I can not help but pity her even if she was our enemy, hopefully what is left of her soul have found some peace."
The Cultist said sadly but she smiled a little when you praised her student.

He nodded, "I was dragged to another point in time, mentally - it's happened a few times this week, and it's always been informative..."

Dalisse nodded she did not seam to think what you spoke of to be particularly strange.
"I see, that is interesting did you get some informative information this time as well Colin?"
The Handler asked.

He smiled wryly, "Yes, he does have some technical difficulties as such... I will send you the number as soon as I hang up. And I will speak with you later regarding my apprentice. I will be needing some help from your friend in the CPS to expedite the adoption, too..."

"It is not uncommon with older magi really, and thank you I will contact Mr Roth Hicks then."
Ange said over the phone.
"I will contact my friend tonight and have things set up as soon as possible."
She agreed.
"Well then I only wanted to check that you had gotten the information, is there anything else then before I hang up Mr Wainwright?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 12 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:42 pm

"Is it a octopus Sir?"
Cava asked as she glanced at what you where drawing.
"An angry octopus?"
She asked then Rosa said.
"Perhaps he is a Nephandus my Mentor told me they have mutations."
The young Cultist said.
"Yeah...but if he is a Nephandus he needs to be sent to the time out corner."
Jane declared.

"Ding ding ding! Rosa's right! Looks like she's next." Serge said pointing his crayon at Rosa. "The few Nephandi I talked too always mentioned those mutations. Eyes and tentacles were some of the more tame ones."

Then with a laugh at hearing Jane's comment, Serge quickly drew another picture of the same Nephandi with a sad look on his face, sitting in a corner of a room in a clear time-out.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:18 pm

Rosa smiled and she gave you a bit of a nod of her head. Jane frowned and translated for Liv who nodded and some conversation went between them before Jane said.
"Liv say that her mother do not have mutations but that she have heard tails that many Nephandi do and that is just really creepy Sir."
The little girl commented, then she looked at your new picture and clapped her hand together enthusiastically.
"Yeah just like that Sir and he will be sent to bed without any dinner as well."
She declared and the other little girls chimed in approvingly over Jane's sentence.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:29 pm

Rosa smiled and she gave you a bit of a nod of her head. Jane frowned and translated for Liv who nodded and some conversation went between them before Jane said.
"Liv say that her mother do not have mutations but that she have heard tails that many Nephandi do and that is just really creepy Sir."
The little girl commented, then she looked at your new picture and clapped her hand together enthusiastically.
"Yeah just like that Sir and he will be sent to bed without any dinner as well."
She declared and the other little girls chimed in approvingly over Jane's sentence.

"All right! Mr. Nephandi shall be sent to bed with no dinner!" Serge announced as he added onto his small comic.

He began to draw the same mutated Nephandi sleeping in his childish race car bed. His tentacles drooping in sadness and a disappointing look on his face. He placed a dream bubble hovering above him and placed images of delicious food within it, to represent his hunger.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:45 pm

"All right! Mr. Nephandi shall be sent to bed with no dinner!" Serge announced as he added onto his small comic.

The little girls applauded happily at this.

He began to draw the same mutated Nephandi sleeping in his childish race car bed. His tentacles drooping in sadness and a disappointing look on his face. He placed a dream bubble hovering above him and placed images of delicious food within it, to represent his hunger.

"Serves him right perhaps now he will learn to be nicer and not start wars!"
Jane declared.
"Though he looks so sad I feel a little bad for him but he still deserve to be sent to bed with no dinner."
She said and Rosa giggled.
"Perhaps children should be running the Traditions, it would make us a kinder place I think."
She commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:15 pm

"Serves him right perhaps now he will learn to be nicer and not start wars!"
Jane declared.
"Though he looks so sad I feel a little bad for him but he still deserve to be sent to bed with no dinner."
She said and Rosa giggled.
"Perhaps children should be running the Traditions, it would make us a kinder place I think."
She commented.

Serge chuckled alongside Rosa, enjoying the mental picture of a child run Traditions.

"I would watch that episode if it was a tv show. Imagine the council of nine siting around a large table except it's children from all of the different traditions. I wonder what stereotypical look would be for those children." Serge said with a chuckle.

"I bet the kid from the virtual adepts would constantly be on his ipad or smartphone....so nothings changed there. But what about the other ones? The sons of ether kid would have like....a welding mask or steampunk goggles? The order of Hermes kid would constantly be reading an overly complicated textbook." Serge mused.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:42 pm

Serge chuckled alongside Rosa, enjoying the mental picture of a child run Traditions.

"I would watch that episode if it was a tv show. Imagine the council of nine siting around a large table except it's children from all of the different traditions. I wonder what stereotypical look would be for those children." Serge said with a chuckle.

"I think it would be less about trying to make stereotypical characters out of the children and more the idea that children often see what adults do not, children have not yet learned to be narrow minded and stuck in their ways like we have Serge."
Rosa said.
"But yes it would be amusing."

"I bet the kid from the virtual adepts would constantly be on his ipad or smartphone....so nothings changed there. But what about the other ones? The sons of ether kid would have like....a welding mask or steampunk goggles? The order of Hermes kid would constantly be reading an overly complicated textbook." Serge mused.

Rosa raised an eyebrow at this.
"I imagine most kids today would be constantly on their smartphones and you know those books the Hermetics read, they are not overly complicated to them since they have the prior knowledge to understand the symbolism."
She said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:51 pm

"I think it would be less about trying to make stereotypical characters out of the children and more the idea that children often see what adults do not, children have not yet learned to be narrow minded and stuck in their ways like we have Serge."
Rosa said.
"But yes it would be amusing."
Rosa raised an eyebrow at this.
"I imagine most kids today would be constantly on their smartphones and you know those books the Hermetics read, they are not overly complicated to them since they have the prior knowledge to understand the symbolism."
She said.

"I know, I know. I'm just setting up a silly scene to imagine." Serge said with a shrug, wishing Rosa would stop criticizing everything he said.

"It's your go now right?" Serge asked pointing at the pile of paper.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:38 am; edited 3 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:00 pm

Hospital, October 12th:
Louisa smiled at that.
"Oh and Mr Wainwright we have moved your daughter's ultrasound by an hour so she can get it done once she have calmed down and been checked out."
The nurse said as she listened to Jacob's enthusiastic words.
He nodded, "Thank you... I was able to convince her to meditate, so I think she got her heart under control, but all the same, she needs to be checked out."

"I have seen Anna with that doll, it do seam to mean a great deal to her."
Ange said and nodded.
"Returning it to her could have been the reason why you where brought together indeed."
He smiled thinly, "The two of us have a... history. Reinforcing that was a pragmatic move to save her..."

"We have tried but the damned woman is extremely good at not being found, there is a reason why no one remembers more than her first name and that to is probably an alias."
Ange said and frowned.
"I suspect the woman are protected by Arcane...a mystical protection some mages develop that makes it harder for others to notice and remember them, including harder to find traces of them online."
He pondered, "I have a spell which does something similar... Perhaps a reverse-engineering could be achieved, though I should need some strong sympathetic link... or several weaker ones... hum, the video collection might work, as she is in them, a dozen screenshots... I'll have to work on the details, though - and figure out how to reach through space like I do time..."

"Yes poor woman I can not help but pity her even if she was our enemy, hopefully what is left of her soul have found some peace."
The Cultist said sadly but she smiled a little when you praised her student.
He nodded, "I lit a candle for her... Perhaps she was reunited with her apprentice in the hereafter; he... died in Chicago, before we found her..."

Battlecruiser, Now:
Dalisse nodded she did not seam to think what you spoke of to be particularly strange.
"I see, that is interesting did you get some informative information this time as well Colin?"
The Handler asked.
He nodded, "Wallace Jace has prepared a gas that will drive a Mage's Avatar out temporarily... his closest allies have received an antidote, but I don't know if everyone on board has... and I'm not sure whether or not he has distributed it here. Could you look for gas canisters, grenades, anything that might contain such a nasty compound while I'm on the phone?"

"It is not uncommon with older magi really, and thank you I will contact Mr Roth Hicks then."
Ange said over the phone.
"I will contact my friend tonight and have things set up as soon as possible."
She agreed.
"Well then I only wanted to check that you had gotten the information, is there anything else then before I hang up Mr Wainwright?"
He paused, ever so slightly, "If you can help the others with Jace, I'm sure that would be appreciated... In any case, good luck to us all. I'll probably give you a ring in the morning."
He sighed softly, and waited for Ange to finish. After she hung up, he quickly saved her number, sent her Adley's contact information, and saved Katrina's and her dad's numbers.
He looked up at Dalisse, "Right, sorry, that was a bit of urgent coordination... so, we were about to get to work preparing our moves?"

((OOC: By the way, I found this helpful table. Very Happy http://dusk.wikia.com/wiki/Simplified_Mage_Casting ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:20 am

Serge:

"I know, I know. I'm just setting up a silly scene to imagine." Serge said with a shrug, wishing Rosa would stop criticizing everything he said.

"Well I guess it is a silly idea, on the other hand, children have an innocence that the Traditions needs more of from what little I have seen of it."
Rosa said and sigh. Jane looked up.
"We are innocent Miss Olsen?"
She asked sounding confused.

"It's your go now right?" Serge asked pointing at the pile of paper.

Rosa smiled and she look a note from the pile and started drawing a carrot in orange and green crayons. As she sat drawings there where a slight knock on the door again.
"Should I get it this time?"
Rosa asked.

Colin:

Hospital October 12:

He nodded, "Thank you... I was able to convince her to meditate, so I think she got her heart under control, but all the same, she needs to be checked out."

"That she do the poor dear, please let her know that the ultrasound will not hurt at all, it will just be a little cold when we put the gel on her abdomen."
Louisa said kindly.

He smiled thinly, "The two of us have a... history. Reinforcing that was a pragmatic move to save her..."

Ange nodded at that.
"So it would seam indeed."

He pondered, "I have a spell which does something similar... Perhaps a reverse-engineering could be achieved, though I should need some strong sympathetic link... or several weaker ones... hum, the video collection might work, as she is in them, a dozen screenshots... I'll have to work on the details, though - and figure out how to reach through space like I do time..."

"Usually the damnable woman do not act in her own movies but she have henchmen who do the...deeds but there are a few of them where are a masked figure in that could be her however seeing that filth...will not be easy."
The Cultist said and frowned.
"But yes it could provide a from of sympathetic link to her."

He nodded, "I lit a candle for her... Perhaps she was reunited with her apprentice in the hereafter; he... died in Chicago, before we found her..."

"I hope you are right no one deserve to be alone, and lighting a candle for the woman is a kind gesture Colin."
She said and smiled.

Labyrinth Again:

He nodded, "Wallace Jace has prepared a gas that will drive a Mage's Avatar out temporarily... his closest allies have received an antidote, but I don't know if everyone on board has... and I'm not sure whether or not he has distributed it here. Could you look for gas canisters, grenades, anything that might contain such a nasty compound while I'm on the phone?"

Dalisse seamed to consider for a moment.
"Hum...yesterday Prelatus Jace insisted on a drug taken by every member of the Labyrinth that where going to take part in the fighting, it was a thick, foul tasting liquid."
She informed you then she nodded.
"I will look around the Prelate's laboratory."
She agreed.

He paused, ever so slightly, "If you can help the others with Jace, I'm sure that would be appreciated... In any case, good luck to us all. I'll probably give you a ring in the morning."

"I will do so and do all I can."
The Cultist promised.
"Yes good luck to us all, I will await your call then, but careful please Mr Wainwright."

He sighed softly, and waited for Ange to finish. After she hung up, he quickly saved her number, sent her Adley's contact information, and saved Katrina's and her dad's numbers.
He looked up at Dalisse, "Right, sorry, that was a bit of urgent coordination... so, we were about to get to work preparing our moves?"

Ange hung up on the call, you got the information sent and the numbers to the Wiccan hedge wizards stored then you turned to Dalisse. The Handler nodded.
"Perfectly understandable."
She said then she added.
"I found several cannisters of gas as well as darts for a gun in the Prelate's laberatory, as well as several prisoners."
She informed you.
"I do believe we was just about ready to start our ritual work Colin if you where still ready to proceed."
She asked.

Adley:

You stand there wondering how to respond to the Fallen woman and her taunts when your pone anounce that it have a message for you with a cheerful ping. If you read it the message said.

"My name is Angelica Boudavich I am one of the Deacons at Chantry Westchapel. I have a map of the area of th hospital the man you hunt are located and I will be down to assist your group as soon as possible, could you show Master Morgan the maps?"

Along with the message where a file containing a map of the biochemistry department with some of the labs marked in red.

(OOC: Ohh that is useful. I think we need a useful links thread.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:36 am

Hospital, October 12th:
"That she do the poor dear, please let her know that the ultrasound will not hurt at all, it will just be a little cold when we put the gel on her abdomen."
Louisa said kindly.
Colin nodded, "She knows..."

"Usually the damnable woman do not act in her own movies but she have henchmen who do the...deeds but there are a few of them where are a masked figure in that could be her however seeing that filth...will not be easy."
The Cultist said and frowned.
"But yes it could provide a from of sympathetic link to her."
He pondered, "No, it would not be easy... However, I do believe my, ah, girlfriend could write a program to analyze the footage without the need for, er, human observation. Which would make things a lot less... unpleasant."

"I hope you are right no one deserve to be alone, and lighting a candle for the woman is a kind gesture Colin."
She said and smiled.
He grinned, "So said the Handler I am visiting... They're not all corrupted, you know; that is actually a more recent development."

Labyrinth, Now:
Dalisse seamed to consider for a moment.
"Hum...yesterday Prelatus Jace insisted on a drug taken by every member of the Labyrinth that where going to take part in the fighting, it was a thick, foul tasting liquid."
She informed you then she nodded.
"I will look around the Prelate's laboratory."
She agreed.
He nodded.

Ange hung up on the call, you got the information sent and the numbers to the Wiccan hedge wizards stored then you turned to Dalisse. The Handler nodded.
"Perfectly understandable."
She said then she added.
"I found several cannisters of gas as well as darts for a gun in the Prelate's laberatory, as well as several prisoners."
She informed you.
"I do believe we was just about ready to start our ritual work Colin if you where still ready to proceed."
She asked.
He frowned, "Right, can you render those inaccessible for the duration of the battle? Make sure they don't wind up connected to the rest of the air supply, possibly even jettisoned before they can be opened? The canisters, I mean, not the prisoners, obviously..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:29 pm

"Well I guess it is a silly idea, on the other hand, children have an innocence that the Traditions needs more of from what little I have seen of it."
Rosa said and sigh. Jane looked up.
"We are innocent Miss Olsen?"
She asked sounding confused.

"It's just a way to say that your view of the world isn't tainted by age. Your able to see things in a fresh new light that adults might not be able to." Serge interjected.

Rosa smiled and she look a note from the pile and started drawing a carrot in orange and green crayons. As she sat drawings there where a slight knock on the door again.
"Should I get it this time?"
Rosa asked.

"Nah you shouldn't strain yourself. I've been getting them all this time so I'll get them now. You guys can continue playing" Serge said as he got up and went to the door.

He opened and tried to guess who would be on the other side. He guessed that it was Arn, who was coming to correct something he had said earlier.

(OOC: A thing to note about that chart, it actually differs slightly from the M20 magickal chart. In the M20 magickal chart all magick attempts are considered as a rote on the page (as in coincidental is diff 3 + highest and vulgar with witnesses is diff 5+ highest) regardless of whether it's actually a rote or if your just making stuff up. Other than that it's good.

The fast casting debuff only applies if your casting fast, like in the middle of a chaotic fight.

I could be wrong though but that's how I interpreted it.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:46 pm

Serge:

"It's just a way to say that your view of the world isn't tainted by age. Your able to see things in a fresh new light that adults might not be able to." Serge interjected.

Jane nodded at that.
"I guess that makes sense Sir, sometimes grown ups can be very strange."
She said then she smiled apologetically.
"Not that I mean any offense by that off course."

"Nah you shouldn't strain yourself. I've been getting them all this time so I'll get them now. You guys can continue playing" Serge said as he got up and went to the door.

"Ok...we will just play this round then."
Rosa said and you heard the others guess about the carrot drawing as you went to the door.

He opened and tried to guess who would be on the other side. He guessed that it was Arn, who was coming to correct something he had said earlier.

Outside the door stood the pretty young black woman you had seen earlier, you think her name is Dion, she was thin and long limbed with long black hair in braids, she had high cheekbones, kind dark eyes and she was wearing a long white dress and several colorful necklaces.
"Ehm you are Mr Yager right...I am sorry am I disturbing you?"
The woman said.
"I am Dion Blackwell bani Celestial Chorus, anyway quite a few of us have been up all through the night preparing for the fight that is now underway and while there have been breakfast and it is still a little early many of us are hungry so we where considering ordering pizza while we are Chantry sitting for the older magi, do you, Miss Olsen and the girls want anything?"
She asked, there was a deep sadness in the young woman's eyes, she looked like she was half in shock and where just keeping going because there just where no other choice at the moment.

(OOC: Yeah this look like a 2 ed chart but it is useful still. I agree about fast casting that would be trying to get a spell off quickly during combat rather than just regular magick without it being a rote.)

Colin:

Hospital October:

Colin nodded, "She knows..."

"Good many do not take the time to explain a medical procedure for children before the examination and the little ones get scared, we would want to avoid that after all."
Louisa said.

He pondered, "No, it would not be easy... However, I do believe my, ah, girlfriend could write a program to analyze the footage without the need for, er, human observation. Which would make things a lot less... unpleasant."

"That would certainly be less unpleasant and I do believe your wife...ah off course girlfriend in this point in time should be able to write such a program indeed, she is quite a skilled programmer."
Ange said and smiled fondly.

He grinned, "So said the Handler I am visiting... They're not all corrupted, you know; that is actually a more recent development."

"Hum...is she from one of the groups that left the Nephandi when the world enders took over then?"
The Cultist asked.

Labyrinth Again:

He frowned, "Right, can you render those inaccessible for the duration of the battle? Make sure they don't wind up connected to the rest of the air supply, possibly even jettisoned before they can be opened? The canisters, I mean, not the prisoners, obviously..."

"No not without killing the prisoners. I can not teleport anything around inside the lab as it is warded but I can lock the door, though getting though it will not be to hard, I can went the atmosphere in the chamber but that will end the lives of the prisoners as well."
Dalisse said and she shook her head.

(OOC: Sorry for my late reply I was out at my support group meeting today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:16 pm

Outside the door stood the pretty young black woman you had seen earlier, you think her name is Dion, she was thin and long limbed with long black hair in braids, she had high cheekbones, kind dark eyes and she was wearing a long white dress and several colorful necklaces.
"Ehm you are Mr Yager right...I am sorry am I disturbing you?"
The woman said.

"Not at all. We're just here playing games." Serge said moving to the side to show Dion the girls playing the guessing game behind him.

"I am Dion Blackwell bani Celestial Chorus, anyway quite a few of us have been up all through the night preparing for the fight that is now underway and while there have been breakfast and it is still a little early many of us are hungry so we where considering ordering pizza while we are Chantry sitting for the older magi, do you, Miss Olsen and the girls want anything?"
She asked, there was a deep sadness in the young woman's eyes, she looked like she was half in shock and where just keeping going because there just where no other choice at the moment.

"It's very nice to meet you." Serge said with a polite nod. He glanced at the young women before him, clearly seeing the sadness deep within her eyes. Serge hated seeing anyone like this and he wanted to comfort Dion for whatever traumatic event she may have witnessed. However he knew it wasn't his place to meddle in the affairs of people he barely knew.

"Pizza huh. That sounds sweet. I'm good with any kind of pizza." Serge said, before turning to the girls and asking, "Hey their ordering Pizza. Do you girls want anything?"

Secretly, Serge hoped that the young girls would notice Dion's sadness and would ask about it, knowing that if he asked it could seem insulting or make Dion even sadder.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:15 pm

"Not at all. We're just here playing games." Serge said moving to the side to show Dion the girls playing the guessing game behind him.

"Sounds fun I am glad the girls are being kept occupied though all of this."
Dion said with a little wave to the young mages.

"It's very nice to meet you." Serge said with a polite nod. He glanced at the young women before him, clearly seeing the sadness deep within her eyes. Serge hated seeing anyone like this and he wanted to comfort Dion for whatever traumatic event she may have witnessed. However he knew it wasn't his place to meddle in the affairs of people he barely knew.

"It is nice to meet you as well Mr Yager."
Dion said and she smiled sadly.

"Pizza huh. That sounds sweet. I'm good with any kind of pizza." Serge said,

"Good there is a local place just around the corner we can order from, some good food might help keep morale up while we...wait for news."
The Chorister said and she looked rather scared over what was going on.

before turning to the girls and asking, "Hey their ordering Pizza. Do you girls want anything?"

"Pizza would be good Sir."
Jane said.
"Will there be any vegetarian?"
Asked Yu Die.
"What if we go for one half vegetarian and then just have whatever the popular choice is...there is money in my purse on the counter there Serge, I can pay for our part of it."
Rosa said while the girls where eagerly discussing pizza.

Secretly, Serge hoped that the young girls would notice Dion's sadness and would ask about it, knowing that if he asked it could seem insulting or make Dion even sadder.

The young girls did not seam to notice or at least they did not comment on it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 pm

"Good there is a local place just around the corner we can order from, some good food might help keep morale up while we...wait for news."
The Chorister said and she looked rather scared over what was going on.

"Right...news." Serge said in a hollow tone knowing full well what that meant.

"Is their any particular news that we're waiting for? Sorry I've sorta been out of the loop. I know some mages have been sent on their missions but I don't know any specifics." Serge asked cautiously, remembering Ryan and what his mentor had said about meeting Master Morgan.

"Pizza would be good Sir."
Jane said.
"Will there be any vegetarian?"
Asked Yu Die.
"What if we go for one half vegetarian and then just have whatever the popular choice is...there is money in my purse on the counter there Serge, I can pay for our part of it."
Rosa said while the girls where eagerly discussing pizza.

"That sounds like a good idea. Half vegetarian and half meat." Serge said as he went to the counter that Rosa pointed too. He was grateful that Rosa was paying since he had no money on his person. In fact he made a mental note to check on his own possessions. It had been a while since he had been in his own room.

He retrieved the purse and obtained the money within handing it to Dion to pay for their part of the pizza.

"Who's going to be ordering the pizza?" Serge asked curiously.

The young girls did not seam to notice or at least they did not comment on it.

Serge decided to take a leap and ask Dion herself, making sure to be as gentle as he could.

"Sorry I don't mean to pry, but are you feeling all right?" Serge asked in a concerned tone.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:44 pm

"Right...news." Serge said in a hollow tone knowing full well what that meant.

"Is their any particular news that we're waiting for? Sorry I've sorta been out of the loop. I know some mages have been sent on their missions but I don't know any specifics." Serge asked cautiously, remembering Ryan and what his mentor had said about meeting Master Morgan.

Dion gave you a bit of an odd look.
"Ehm...news of how the strike teams are doing."
She said lowering her voice so the children would not hear her.
"That would be the news all of us left behind at the Chantry are waiting for right?"

"That sounds like a good idea. Half vegetarian and half meat." Serge said as he went to the counter that Rosa pointed too. He was grateful that Rosa was paying since he had no money on his person. In fact he made a mental note to check on his own possessions. It had been a while since he had been in his own room.

He retrieved the purse and obtained the money within handing it to Dion to pay for their part of the pizza.

"Who's going to be ordering the pizza?" Serge asked curiously.

"One half vegetarian and one regular...what about peperoni or something?"
Dion asked.
"How many pizza's will your group here need? As for who will be making the call that is not decided yet it seamed to me to be a lesser concern, I guess whoever have their phone in the most convenient place once we have gathered up all the orders."
She said and she raised an eyebrow over your question.

Serge decided to take a leap and ask Dion herself, making sure to be as gentle as he could.

"Sorry I don't mean to pry, but are you feeling all right?" Serge asked in a concerned tone.

The Chorister sigh.
"Thank you for your concern Mr Yager I...well no I am not feeling all right not right now...but I will be alright eventually."
She assured you and she gave you a small, sad smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:46 pm

What are we doing to bring her end? he tagged along

"Hopefully soon Mr Karyak."
Amadeus said darkly.
Soon, but what?

The torch where Dynamic while Beatrice's fallen angel where clearly Primordial, it was likely the torch came from another source than her soul did. The wounded Avatar stepped back, it was skittish and nervous and did not want to be touched, though he still looked at you with those dark eyes of nothingness.
Gandjya Shone with yellow excitement, and nurturing green light, as his black nothing eyes stared deep into the Wood God's. We desire your happines. We want to know if you'd allow us to caress the torch you bear. Tane asked with a double voice, and Gandjya asked in turn in colour lenguaje.
Do you two see the torch? I Have to confirm it, but i belive that is the uncorrupted spot. It has grown since we last felt it, to the point that it is now visible

"Now what is this rice and milk?"
Ah, you all will see. Please, bring a big pot. I'm Comming right away. Tane asked and prepare to go to the store near them to get the ingredients

(This is the recipe. Try it sometimes, it's not really difficult and it is DELICIOUS. Also, as Tane said, is simple and nutritious and filling, so if you're ever bad in the belly, this would be a great option
https://mommyshomecooking.com/arroz-con-leche/
https://erasmusu.com/en/erasmus-blog/erasmus-recipes/arroz-con-leche-rice-pudding-english-version-below-182204
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/marcela-valladolid/mexican-rice-pudding-arroz-con-leche-recipe-1921815

Sorry for not being around, i hope i will be around more often)
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:07 am

Hospital, October:
"Good many do not take the time to explain a medical procedure for children before the examination and the little ones get scared, we would want to avoid that after all."
Louisa said.
Colin nodded, "It's far better when the procedure is properly explained and framed first - the unknown is far scarier than something explained as harmless..."

"That would certainly be less unpleasant and I do believe your wife...ah off course girlfriend in this point in time should be able to write such a program indeed, she is quite a skilled programmer."
Ange said and smiled fondly.
He nodded, then arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, how much did future me blab about my family when I visited? No, no spoilers, just an approximate quantity..."

"Hum...is she from one of the groups that left the Nephandi when the world enders took over then?"
The Cultist asked.
He nodded, "Except she did not quite have the option to leave... but she should be free of them, now - free to explore the Deep as she pleases..."

Labyrinth, now:
"No not without killing the prisoners. I can not teleport anything around inside the lab as it is warded but I can lock the door, though getting though it will not be to hard, I can went the atmosphere in the chamber but that will end the lives of the prisoners as well."
Dalisse said and she shook her head.
He nodded, "I understand... I would, if at all possible, want to avoid needless casualties... can you seal off the room from the rest of the ships air supply - make sure that even if the gas is released, it won't reach anywhere else? That, at least, might be enough..."

((OOC: Heeey, Tane, been missin' ya! I need to add a couple dots to my Firearms skill, I guess. Wink ))

((OOC2: Yeah, as I understand the rote/fast cast issue it's pretty simple - if you use a rote, something you've done so much it comes as easy as breathing, you ignore the fast casting penalty. If you're improvising in a stressed situation, like combat, and need things to happen Right Now, you do not ignore the fast casting penalty. If you're taking your time with an improvised ritual, you are not fast casting, so no penalty... Fairly simple. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:29 am

Dion gave you a bit of an odd look.
"Ehm...news of how the strike teams are doing."
She said lowering her voice so the children would not hear her.
"That would be the news all of us left behind at the Chantry are waiting for right?"

"Sorry I misspoke." Serge said quickly lowering his voice. "I meant do you know what the strike teams are doing? I understand that that's sensitive information, but it's kinda killing me that I have no idea what their even doing."

"One half vegetarian and one regular...what about peperoni or something?"
Dion asked.
"How many pizza's will your group here need? As for who will be making the call that is not decided yet it seamed to me to be a lesser concern, I guess whoever have their phone in the most convenient place once we have gathered up all the orders."
She said and she raised an eyebrow over your question.

"Definitely pepperoni, the king of all pizza toppings!" Serge said with a smile.

"As for how many, I'm not sure. I think two medium sized pizza will be enough. We have a 6 people here not too mention Jane will probably gobble all of the pizza up." Serge said jokingly.

The Chorister sigh.
"Thank you for your concern Mr Yager I...well no I am not feeling all right not right now...but I will be alright eventually."
She assured you and she gave you a small, sad smile.

"All right, I'll take your word for it. I hope you feel better soon." Serge said returning the smile with one of his own.

(OOC: I really need to figure out what rotes Serge has. So far I've just been making stuff up. Is their any set limit to the rotes that a starting character has or do we just learn them as the story goes on?)

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:32 am

((OOC: Heeey, Tane, been missin' ya! I need to add a couple dots to my Firearms skill, I guess. Wink ))

(( That means i'll be practice target?
well... fuck XD ajjajajaj
Missed y'all too, men. Too much time AFK))
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:33 am

Tane:

Soon, but what?

"We will storm Larson's Labyrinth and take her down, however the exact details of it I do not know, I will be with the support forces Mr Karyak as a healer and it is best that not everyone know the full extent of the plan to avoid one person begin taken captive and then being force to reveal our plans to the enemy."
Amadeus said.

Gandjya Shone with yellow excitement, and nurturing green light, as his black nothing eyes stared deep into the Wood God's. We desire your happines. We want to know if you'd allow us to caress the torch you bear. Tane asked with a double voice, and Gandjya asked in turn in colour lenguaje.

The Forest God regarded you for a while, cuncertain he had been hurt twice and was weary but eventually he nodded, one single motion that sounded like the creating of an old, dry tree's branches in the wind, he said nothing but at least he nodded.

Do you two see the torch? I Have to confirm it, but i belive that is the uncorrupted spot. It has grown since we last felt it, to the point that it is now visible

"I do not really see a torch as such Tane, I see Avatars as data streams, however I know the point you talk about. That piece of Ephemera is from Mr Roth Hicks after..."
Cita looked at Beatrice and lowered her voice to not bring up bad memories for the wounded Verbena.
"The ritual...Beatrice's Avatar was badly hurt there where a chance it would cleave in half and shatter I needed Ephemera from a healthy Avatar to more or less suture it back together, Mr Roth Hicks donated a sliver of his own Avatar and by that saved Beatrice's soul, however her Avatar have integrated that piece of Ephemera marvelously."
Cita explained in a whisper.

Ah, you all will see. Please, bring a big pot. I'm Comming right away. Tane asked and prepare to go to the store near them to get the ingredients

"You should be able to find a big pot in the kitchen Mr Karyak."
Amadeus said.
"There is a store right around the corner but be careful when going out you never know where or enemies might be hiding."

(OOC: Looks like a good dish. Welcome back Tane.)

Colin:

Hospital October:

Colin nodded, "It's far better when the procedure is properly explained and framed first - the unknown is far scarier than something explained as harmless..."

"Absolutely, explaining a procedure in a way a child understand usually any fears will vanish and the child will be quite cooperative especially with procedures that do not cause any discomfort."
Louisa said and smiled a little.

He nodded, then arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, how much did future me blab about my family when I visited? No, no spoilers, just an approximate quantity..."

"He told me no more than what you already know, that if the timeline remains unchanged Freddy will become your wife, that you will move to Horizon and have three children and a ghost cat."
Ange said and smiled a little.

He nodded, "Except she did not quite have the option to leave... but she should be free of them, now - free to explore the Deep as she pleases..."

"That is good I hope she finds some happiness."
The Cultist said and nodded.
"And the Nephandi have one less ship to cause trouble with."

Labyrinth Again:

He nodded, "I understand... I would, if at all possible, want to avoid needless casualties... can you seal off the room from the rest of the ships air supply - make sure that even if the gas is released, it won't reach anywhere else? That, at least, might be enough..."

"I can as such do that but then the prisoners will slowly run out of air, the air supply is central I can not have air pumped into a room and then not have that connected to the rest of the air supply it will either be connected or not."
Dalisse said and sigh.
"I am sorry I can grow a separate air supply to the lab but that will take quite a bit of time."

Serge:

"Sorry I misspoke." Serge said quickly lowering his voice. "I meant do you know what the strike teams are doing? I understand that that's sensitive information, but it's kinda killing me that I have no idea what their even doing."

"I do not know Mr Yager I think different teams have gone to the different portals and someone have gone after a Nephandi higher but but they have not really told me anything, I have been busy enchanting bullets."
Dion said and shook her head.

"Definitely pepperoni, the king of all pizza toppings!" Serge said with a smile.

"Could we have some chicken and meat balls on the pizza as well Sir?"
Jane asked.
"I like chicken to Sir."
Cava commented.

"As for how many, I'm not sure. I think two medium sized pizza will be enough. We have a 6 people here not too mention Jane will probably gobble all of the pizza up." Serge said jokingly.

Jane griped and giggled. Dion nodded and that and made a note of it on her phone.
"Two...one half vegetarian the rest with peperoni, meatballs and chicken?"
The Chorister asked.

"All right, I'll take your word for it. I hope you feel better soon." Serge said returning the smile with one of his own.

"You are most kind...I will once things calm down and those who need to be mourned have been so remembered."
Dion said softly.

(OOC: I do not think M20 have any limits to the number of rotes just write up the spells Serge have been casting allot so he knows them by heart. I think the only edition that had a cost and limit on rotes where Revised but Revised did try to neuter the power level of mages to bring them more in line with the other supernatural critters of old WOD and also make the game more street level.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:01 am

Hospital, October:
"He told me no more than what you already know, that if the timeline remains unchanged Freddy will become your wife, that you will move to Horizon and have three children and a ghost cat."
Ange said and smiled a little.
He nodded, "Those are the parts of the timeline I really look forward to... Including the cat."

"That is good I hope she finds some happiness."
The Cultist said and nodded.
"And the Nephandi have one less ship to cause trouble with."
He nodded, "And I hope she can pick up some company; it's a lonely existence, even with the polyp..."

Labyrinth, Now:
"I can as such do that but then the prisoners will slowly run out of air, the air supply is central I can not have air pumped into a room and then not have that connected to the rest of the air supply it will either be connected or not."
Dalisse said and sigh.
"I am sorry I can grow a separate air supply to the lab but that will take quite a bit of time."
He nodded, "That... might still work, actually - if disconnected, there should still be enough air for some time; if you seal it off shortly before the fight, or when someone releases the gas, the prisoners should be able to survive long enough for the battle to end, everyone else to evacuate, and then you could reconnect the air supply and release those prisoners? Or offer them sanctuary on board as your guests, if that's a good option?"

((OOC: I'd say there's no problem with "remembering" a vast range of Rotes our characters would have started with, using the Spheres we had at character creation... I'll be a bit more skeptical of suddenly writing down Rotes for newly-learned Spheres, like Colin's Prime 2 and Time 2, for example, until after the passage of some time. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:15 am

Hospital October:

He nodded, "Those are the parts of the timeline I really look forward to... Including the cat."

Ange smiled at that.
"Yes those parts do sound quite nice indeed. I hope you get some happy years Colin."

He nodded, "And I hope she can pick up some company; it's a lonely existence, even with the polyp..."

"Everyone deserve some company, I would say everyone need some, we are not meant to be splitary creatures."
The Cultist commented.

Labyrinth Again:

He nodded, "That... might still work, actually - if disconnected, there should still be enough air for some time; if you seal it off shortly before the fight, or when someone releases the gas, the prisoners should be able to survive long enough for the battle to end, everyone else to evacuate, and then you could reconnect the air supply and release those prisoners? Or offer them sanctuary on board as your guests, if that's a good option?"

Dalisse considered.
"This I can do but as for leaving the prisoners on board when I leave for the Deep, perhaps but they are badly wounded from what I can tell and while I know a little healing I do not know if that is enough to care for a group of wounded, badly traumatized pepole."
She said hesitantly.

(OOC: Yeah rotes will take some time to learn though when you have used them allot like with the rote that Adley learned from Jeffry to cleanse Resonances he have been using it so much I would say that is now a rote or Colin's Prime invention and his scramblers. I would say they are now rotes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:06 pm

Hospital, October:
Ange smiled at that.
"Yes those parts do sound quite nice indeed. I hope you get some happy years Colin."
Colin grinned, "Oh, I will... I don't know how many, but they'll be largely good ones, I expect."

"Everyone deserve some company, I would say everyone need some, we are not meant to be splitary creatures."
The Cultist commented.
He nodded, "Being alone can be quite healthy, but being lonely... not so much."

Labyrinth, Now:
Dalisse considered.
"This I can do but as for leaving the prisoners on board when I leave for the Deep, perhaps but they are badly wounded from what I can tell and while I know a little healing I do not know if that is enough to care for a group of wounded, badly traumatized pepole."
She said hesitantly.
He nodded, "Would you be able to, ah, teleport them outside after the fighting's done, then? Without Larson, Jace or anyone else's interference, that should be less of a problem, even if you have to crack the wards to do so..."

((OOC: I'd say Colin's meta-spell and the scrambler needs a bit more practice and refinement to qualify as full Rotes - a few weeks of repetition and practice, at least - but yeah, the Resonance cleansing might qualify, as well as Prime Scan Everything. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 21 ... 31  Next