Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

+2
Warpmind
Adley
6 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 3 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:19 am

"I see very well then hopefully you are right. I can teleport the vampires to the location you mentioned if you you think that the sleepers in the building will still be safe."
Dalisse said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "It will require calling ahead to pass on the message, obviously - it won't do to send them over and leave them untouched until nightfall."

"Yes I could but the Tass sores are warded so using them can be somewhat difficult."
The Handler said.
He frowned, "Well, wards can be circumvented, I suppose... and using the Tass in question to make that Tass inaccessible has a certain appealing symmetry to it... Of course, venting the air from the storerooms and sealing the doors will be as efficient in terms of keeping Larson from using it for her ritual, if we can't prevent her from starting..."

"Two Flambeau, hum that is useful for a battle. Again though I have to say that I hope you are right or this will be the end of us."
Dalisse mumbled.
He nodded, "We need to time it right - can't go off too soon, or we'll be sitting ducks..."

"There is a chance Lady Larson have the blood on her person then."
The Handler commented.
"Or hidden in her room."
He nodded, "Most likely. I don't believe she would be trusting anyone else with its safekeeping, under the circumstances."

"Let us hope this child will have better luck with his life than his namesake."
Dalisse said then she sat down on the floor and put her hands on the bone like floor and she closed her eyes uttering softly to herself in long dead languages. After some time she opened her eyes again and sigh.
"The sample of young Heylel's blood is on Lady Larson's person...I do not think she noticed my scrying though."
She said and sigh.
"This complicate things but it is not this blood she is currently working with."
He nodded, "Speculating loudly - I gather a strong Wind of Mundane Silence could help in severing the blood connection, but it would be uncomfortable for the ship?"

"Good then we have a start of a plan at least."
She said as she started tidying of the table.
He nodded, "I am Groot... Ah, you've probably not seen that movie, have you? Twelve percent of a plan is better than eleven percent."

"Indeed this spell have the potential to be as game changing as when Bonisagus created the Parma Magica...will not your own faction be angry that you have taught it to me though?"
The Handler said and she sounded worried.
He grinned wryly, "If they find out, probably bloody livid. I'll have to gloss over that detail, though - besides, strange bedfellows in the face of a a Nephanda with ambitions of ending the world by binding an Aswadim to her will... The fact that you are uncorrupted and not actively pursuing the unmaking of the world may help in my defense. Hmm... I would ask for a piece of Tass from your person as proof of your purity, though - on my life, I will do everything to make sure it won't be used to trace you afterward."

"Well then I do think I understand where you are going with this at least. So once we have used the scramber what exactly should we do, our obfiscation is not likely to last for long so we must have our course of action clear."
Dalisse said as she regarded you.
"You are pretty good at explaining to other mages how to work magick in a way both can understand."
She said and smiled.
He nodded, "We have a few options of some viability, then... First, we either remove or destroy the blood sample Larson wants to use for the Aswadim, second, we try to drain the Tass stores on board, third, well... we could hypothetically strike directly at Larson and/or Brønnerud, but that would probably be insufficient to take them out, and likely to get their attention... Using the scrambler as a cover for whatever we choose to do, though, should provide us a guise of anonymity for a small measure of time, at least."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24 - Page 3 Empty Re: The End of Silence, The Auto Shop and the Long Lost Progenitor IC Thread 24

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:26 am

Fran where over by Antonio checking on him, one of his legs where pretty badly hurt and he like you where bruised all over.
"I will try to heal Mr Riez and then I will see to you if you need healing as well Mr Bouchard."
The Euthanathos said as she pulled her bone rattle out of her jacket pocket. Ty seamed fine but he was breathing heavily.
"I will scout ahead and make sure there are no more surprises."
He said before he carefully advanced down the corridor. From inside of the side room you heard the still living Nephanda still screaming, you could see a young dark haired woman in the corner of the room, one arm and shoulder where badly burned and her body where bleeding from several shrapnel hits, a bit of door where stuck in her leg and she had a pretty bad, gaping wound in her abdomen, she was clearly in allot of pain and badly wounded.

(OOC I will have to reply to you later Warp I do not have the chance to right now.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:06 pm

'I'll be okay... just need to catch my breath.' Nicole muttered, looking at the Fallen with dull curiosity.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:07 pm

"I am not sure using mental manipulations on someone just to see if you can do it Sir."
Yu Die said then she looked down.
"Forgive me, I should not try to dictate your actions Sir."
The young mage said then she frowned bitterly.
"I can not say I have that association to birthdays. If my various fosters even remembered then they might give me a card or a cheap toy from the dollar three, most of them could not care less so birthdays really only served to remind me that I where irrelevant and worthless."
She said sadly.

"Well your still young." Serge said sympathetically.

"And now you have plenty of people who care about you. Imagine what crazy birthday gifts you'll get now that your surrounded by magickal people. Jane here got a good luck charm and found money on the floor the subsequent afternoon.I'll give you a giant self-portrait of you fighting monsters with flaming fists that you can hang in your room. Hell I'll make that right now!" Serge said with a smile.

"That depends Sir, a spell created with what magick I know now, or what I might learn in the future?"
Yu Die asked.

"The latter. That should broaden the possibilities rather than limit them. Focus on what crazy cool spells you might be able to do. " Serge said.

Cava pouted a bit.
"Could we not use magick to stay healthy Sir then we could eat whatever we want to."
She said. Yu Die glanced at the little girl.
"Vegetables can be delicious if cooked right."
She said but the young Hermetic dd not look like she agreed.
"I am with Mr Serge I want vegetables that taste like chocolates!"
She said and Yu Die sigh.
"Well it would be sort of awesome."
The young Akashic muttered.
"I like corn on the cob, that is a vegetable."
Jane chimed in.

"Changing your perception of a food's taste is probably a lot easier than crafting a whole spell to keep you healthy." Serge reasoned, although his knowledge was biased as he knew the necessary magick to change perceptions but not to keep one healthy.

"Plus you can make the vegetable taste like however you wanted without actually needing to buy that food. You want fried chicken? BOOM! Cast the spell and munch on a tasty fried chicken-flavored corn on the cob." Serge said with a laugh.

"Any other bright ideas on junk food flavored vegetables?" Serge asked all of the girls.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:19 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "It will require calling ahead to pass on the message, obviously - it won't do to send them over and leave them untouched until nightfall."

"Very well if you let me know when you have informed the vampires about the situation with the infernalists then I will send them over if there is time when the battle starts."
Dalisse said and nodded.

He frowned, "Well, wards can be circumvented, I suppose... and using the Tass in question to make that Tass inaccessible has a certain appealing symmetry to it... Of course, venting the air from the storerooms and sealing the doors will be as efficient in terms of keeping Larson from using it for her ritual, if we can't prevent her from starting..."

"Yes wards can be fought, but I can not myself break down Lady Larson's wards Colin and using the Tass behind those wards without first taking them down, I at least do not know how to do that as part of of idea of the wards is to protect the Tass in question."

He nodded, "We need to time it right - can't go off too soon, or we'll be sitting ducks..."

"Agreed do you know when your allies with attack?"
She asked.

He nodded, "Most likely. I don't believe she would be trusting anyone else with its safekeeping, under the circumstances."

"No old powerful Nephandi Prelati are not known to be overly trusting no."
Dalisse said and frowned.

He nodded, "Speculating loudly - I gather a strong Wind of Mundane Silence could help in severing the blood connection, but it would be uncomfortable for the ship?"

"It would sever the connection yes and it might cut through Lady Larson's personal wards if strong enough but such a spell is hard to pull of and get it powerful enough and yes it would hurt my ship, but he is not a stranger to pain so while I do not enjoy the idea of hurting him I am willing to do so, the problem is being able to cast such a spell and not be noticed."
The Handler said and frowned.

He nodded, "I am Groot... Ah, you've probably not seen that movie, have you? Twelve percent of a plan is better than eleven percent."

"I can not say that I have seen that movie no...but yes the more complete a plan is the better, eleven or twelve percent though is not very encouraging considering what we must do and what we are up against."
Dalisse said and she raised an eyebrow.

He grinned wryly, "If they find out, probably bloody livid. I'll have to gloss over that detail, though - besides, strange bedfellows in the face of a a Nephanda with ambitions of ending the world by binding an Aswadim to her will... The fact that you are uncorrupted and not actively pursuing the unmaking of the world may help in my defense. Hmm...

"Not telling your fellow Traditionalists everything is probably best."
Dalisse commented.
"But yes sometimes need makes for strange bedfellows indeed. I do hope that you will be alright though Colin I would hate for harm to come to you for coopering with me and teaching me that rote."

I would ask for a piece of Tass from your person as proof of your purity, though - on my life, I will do everything to make sure it won't be used to trace you afterward."

Dalisse hesitated then she nodded.
"Very well my new friend, I trust you. Do you wish to take this Vis from me yourself or should I manifest it?"
She asked, she seamed a little ill at ease but she did consent to the request."

He nodded, "We have a few options of some viability, then... First, we either remove or destroy the blood sample Larson wants to use for the Aswadim, second, we try to drain the Tass stores on board, third, well... we could hypothetically strike directly at Larson and/or Brønnerud, but that would probably be insufficient to take them out, and likely to get their attention...

"Well destroying the blood sample that is on Lady Larson's person will make her notice, even if done from afar she is likely to be able to trace such an attack on her person rather quickly, so will attacking her, though your scrambler rote might give us one surprise attack, not two. I might be able to attack from afar, but a mage worth her salt will know how to defend against such attacks as well. The Tass stores will be a lengthy process of trying to undo Lady Larson's wards to get at them that will not be easy. There is a connection to a Node on board though, we could take that out."
She said and frowned.
"But not burn or blow it up I will not risk serious injury to my ship."

Using the scrambler as a cover for whatever we choose to do, though, should provide us a guise of anonymity for a small measure of time, at least."

"It might buy us some time, but not much, attaching someone from afar do not mean they are sitting ducks, not when they to are competent willworkers."

Nicole:

'I'll be okay... just need to catch my breath.' Nicole muttered, looking at the Fallen with dull curiosity.

The Nephanda had dark brown hair and eyes, she would be pretty if not for the two extra sets of eyes down both sides of her neck, one of the sides where burned though so that probably hurt quite a bit. Antonio glanced over at you.
"Do you think we can get anything out of here Miss Bouchard?"
He asked as Fran worked her healing magick on him and rhythmically shook her bone rattle.

Serge:

"Well your still young." Serge said sympathetically.

"And now you have plenty of people who care about you. Imagine what crazy birthday gifts you'll get now that your surrounded by magickal people. Jane here got a good luck charm and found money on the floor the subsequent afternoon.I'll give you a giant self-portrait of you fighting monsters with flaming fists that you can hang in your room. Hell I'll make that right now!" Serge said with a smile.

"Well those would certainly be some very grand gifts."
Yu Die said and Jane grinned.
"I am not sure my Mentor would approve of such self glorification though a picture would be nice but you need not do anything for me Sir."
The girl said a little embarrassed.
"And truth to be told it is not gifts I miss, I mean I do like stuff as much as the next person but really I would not mind not getting gifts if my new family and friends would sit down with me for a meal and perhaps some cake on my birthday. I want to feel that I matter you know, I want that far more than stuff, even neat lucky charms."

"The latter. That should broaden the possibilities rather than limit them. Focus on what crazy cool spells you might be able to do. " Serge said.

"Hum...I would love to be able to heal any disease, to figure out a reliable way to heal what magi today find difficult, for example if someone botch a healing and only do it half way then it is very hard to try again, or if you are very attached to the trauma of some would or it is a part of your identity, your true form then it is hard to heal, I want to be able to find a way around that."
Yu Die said then she smiled a little.
"Sometimes I have this dream...this dream that I will meet someone that will be very special to me, someone that will one day be my wife, and she...will need me to figure out how to break the current limitations of healing, so if this person I will meet actually exist I want to be able to do that so I can help her you know."
She said then she shook her head dismissively.
"Ah listen to my blabbering....for something more fun....well I would like to be able to make rainbow colored fireballs, I mean you meet a Technocrat who create trouble and you smite them with a rainbow colored fireball to the face...that would be cool."
Yu Die said and grinned.

"Changing your perception of a food's taste is probably a lot easier than crafting a whole spell to keep you healthy." Serge reasoned, although his knowledge was biased as he knew the necessary magick to change perceptions but not to keep one healthy.

"What are perception Sir?"
Cava asked confused.
"Can you change it with a spell?"

"Plus you can make the vegetable taste like however you wanted without actually needing to buy that food. You want fried chicken? BOOM! Cast the spell and munch on a tasty fried chicken-flavored corn on the cob." Serge said with a laugh.

"Any other bright ideas on junk food flavored vegetables?" Serge asked all of the girls.

"You might get the taste then but what about the texture Sir?"
Yu Die asked as the two younger girls started shouting out every candy and junk food they knew of.
"It seams I am the only one here who actually like vegetables...which is a good thing since my Mentor is a vegetarian and so is my brother."
Yu Die said and sigh.[/quote]
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:00 pm

Anja's Post:

'Erm... get what, exactly?' Nicole replied, looking at Antonio with a confused look on her face.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:23 pm

"More information about the portal into the Labyrinth, what routines they have for sending reinforcements, if there are any traps that will make life difficult for us, whatever or not we now have gotten all of them, these are all relevant questions, though I guess Mr Smithson will discover the answer to some of those though I do not like that he is scouting ahead on his own."
Antonio said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:37 pm

"The hospital have drop in appointment for various examinations we can easilly claim to be coming in for one of those, checking blood sugar, eye examinations, controlling moles, general check ups...quite a variety really." Duncan said as he looked at his phone clearly googling the hospital. "Hum let me see if I can find what is in what wing." He muttered to himself. "It seams Orthopedics are in the West wing at least, and their biochemistry lab...let me see what more..."

"We got to get this guy away from sleepers but he may be making a last holdout in there. He's good with spirits and I wouldn't be surprised if he's up to something nasty in that lab. What are some of the rooms around there?" he asked.

"The hospital felt competent but a little cold. I saw no Technocrats but I would not be suprised if they are there, it would be the typical place for them." Duncan said then he nodded. "It is sure to be cameras everywhere really so probably in the garage as well."

He sighed. "Coward, hiding like that in a bunch of sleepers...it would be too much to ask for the Technocrats to take out their own trash I suppose."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:50 pm

"We got to get this guy away from sleepers but he may be making a last holdout in there. He's good with spirits and I wouldn't be surprised if he's up to something nasty in that lab. What are some of the rooms around there?" he asked.

"Let me see...right next to the lab in question there are two other labs, on the other side of the room there are a row of general treatment rooms and offices for accepting patients it seams from this map, there is also a waiting room, storage rooms and two offices in that hallway. It seams to be their biochemistry department."
Duncan said as he tapped at his phone.
"Hum...some spirits to guard him is not unlikely no and who knows what he is up to...do you think it is any way we can scare him out of the hospital or get him to go to check something out perhaps?"
The Verbena shapeshifter suggested.

He sighed. "Coward, hiding like that in a bunch of sleepers...it would be too much to ask for the Technocrats to take out their own trash I suppose."

"So it would seam, this Jace person knows that we can not outright attack him when he is in effect using sick sleepers and hospital staff as human shields."
Ducan muttered angrily.
"Well I guess we could ask them to help, though that would be against the Protocols so we better not, but yes this Nephandus should be their problem not ours, the way, the way I understand it he is a Fallen Progenitor after all."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:34 pm

Anja's Post:

A short pause. 'Best bet to perform a proper sweep-and-clear, then. As the disguises are broke, go and get my rifle, I will.' With that, Nicole pushed herself off the wall. 'Someone watch for nasties while I do.' With that she'll go the way she'd come, unless someone argues against it.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:38 pm

"Let me see...right next to the lab in question there are two other labs, on the other side of the room there are a row of general treatment rooms and offices for accepting patients it seams from this map, there is also a waiting room, storage rooms and two offices in that hallway. It seams to be their biochemistry department."
Duncan said as he tapped at his phone. "Hum...some spirits to guard him is not unlikely no and who knows what he is up to...do you think it is any way we can scare him out of the hospital or get him to go to check something out perhaps?"

He nodded, minding the road. He looked to his rearview mirror occasionally to see if there were any suspicions of being followed. "He could be setting up a trap in there for all we know," he said with a huff. "Something that alerts the guards and draws them off....scaring him might work, but it would have to be something in that room with him, don't you figure? He'd have to feel that there was a threat from within to come out of his mousetrap," he said, talking through some possibilities.

"So it would seam, this Jace person knows that we can not outright attack him when he is in effect using sick sleepers and hospital staff as human shields."
Ducan muttered angrily.

"If we pull a fire alarm it will cause an evacuation but there'd also be police, firemen, and the Technocrats. It also could inadvertantly harm people, but perhaps less than a firefight in the hospital."

Well I guess we could ask them to help, though that would be against the Protocols so we better not, but yes this Nephandus should be their problem not ours, the way, the way I understand it he is a Fallen Progenitor after all."

"No, we're not doing that...it's just a complication that there may be some there, a complication we don't really need. But we have an ace of sorts up our sleeve..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:50 pm

"Well those would certainly be some very grand gifts."
Yu Die said and Jane grinned.
"I am not sure my Mentor would approve of such self glorification though a picture would be nice but you need not do anything for me Sir."
The girl said a little embarrassed.
"And truth to be told it is not gifts I miss, I mean I do like stuff as much as the next person but really I would not mind not getting gifts if my new family and friends would sit down with me for a meal and perhaps some cake on my birthday. I want to feel that I matter you know, I want that far more than stuff, even neat lucky charms."

"Of course you matter! I'm sure your mentor thinks so as well. You don't get taught magick if your teacher thinks you don't matter." Serge assured her.

"And your here with us. We're all friends here right? We're talking to you and having fun and all laughing all right here."

"Hum...I would love to be able to heal any disease, to figure out a reliable way to heal what magi today find difficult, for example if someone botch a healing and only do it half way then it is very hard to try again, or if you are very attached to the trauma of some would or it is a part of your identity, your true form then it is hard to heal, I want to be able to find a way around that."
Yu Die said then she smiled a little.
"Sometimes I have this dream...this dream that I will meet someone that will be very special to me, someone that will one day be my wife, and she...will need me to figure out how to break the current limitations of healing, so if this person I will meet actually exist I want to be able to do that so I can help her you know."

"...Dreams are very special to me you know." Serge said after a pause.

"They sometimes tell us things about ourselves that we'd never know otherwise. Gives us glimpses into our place in this chaotic world or allow us to figure out things yet to come. Within a dream all of our earthly limitations are stripped away and everything is possible." Serge said lovingly.

"That dream could house a very significant meaning. Are you interested in learning about healing magick?" Serge asked.

She said then she shook her head dismissively.
"Ah listen to my blabbering....for something more fun....well I would like to be able to make rainbow colored fireballs, I mean you meet a Technocrat who create trouble and you smite them with a rainbow colored fireball to the face...that would be cool."
Yu Die said and grinned.

"Ok I won't lie that'd be pretty sweet." Serge said with a smile, although her last statement was still fresh in his mind.

"What are perception Sir?"
Cava asked confused.
"Can you change it with a spell?"

"Oh well perception is....how can I explain this?" Serge said trying to think of a simple explanation.

"It's basically how we see the world. You know we sense the world using our 5 senses right? Sight, Hearing, Smell, Touch, and the one we want to change, taste." Serge explained.

"You might get the taste then but what about the texture Sir?"
Yu Die asked as the two younger girls started shouting out every candy and junk food they knew of.
"It seams I am the only one here who actually like vegetables...which is a good thing since my Mentor is a vegetarian and so is my brother."
Yu Die said and sigh.

"Texture can be changed as well. Although that might be harder to do." Serge said chuckling at defeated Akashic, before turning to the young girls to continue talking about junk food.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:41 pm

Nicole:

A short pause. 'Best bet to perform a proper sweep-and-clear, then. As the disguises are broke, go and get my rifle, I will.' With that, Nicole pushed herself off the wall. 'Someone watch for nasties while I do.' With that she'll go the way she'd come, unless someone argues against it.

"Very well. I can keep and eye out while Miss Mundis works."
Antonio agreed then he nodded.
"Do not be long please and be careful Miss Bouchard I do not like any of us heading out alone right now."

Adley:

He nodded, minding the road. He looked to his rearview mirror occasionally to see if there were any suspicions of being followed. "He could be setting up a trap in there for all we know," he said with a huff. "Something that alerts the guards and draws them off....scaring him might work, but it would have to be something in that room with him, don't you figure? He'd have to feel that there was a threat from within to come out of his mousetrap," he said, talking through some possibilities.

"Agreed, he could be setting a trap and scaring him out would mean getting him to worry about something in the lab itself which will not be easy, what about some way to draw him out, creating some reason for him to leave his cozy little nest?"
Duncan suggested. You saw no indication of being followed when you glanced in the rear view mirror.
"Well gentlemen we do have two spirits, manifested from the Fallen healer's own mind itself."
Mara suddenly chimed in and she continued to pet the oil kittens and clearly did not feel like saying anything more to explain her thoughts on the matter than that.

"If we pull a fire alarm it will cause an evacuation but there'd also be police, firemen, and the Technocrats. It also could inadvertantly harm people, but perhaps less than a firefight in the hospital."

"They have pretty good routines for how to get patients out safely and they are not going to stop operations and the like unless an emergency are confirmed. Yes there would be police, fire department and perhaps Technocrats but perhaps we can nab Mr Jace on his way from the lab to the outside?"
Duncan mushed.
"It could work."

"No, we're not doing that...it's just a complication that there may be some there, a complication we don't really need. But we have an ace of sorts up our sleeve..."

"No calling them would be an issue."
Duncan said and nodded.
"Since they would be almost as likely to take us out as the Nephandi. I am curious now though what are the ace you speak about Mr Roth Hicks?"
The Verbena said and Mara just smiled a little.

Serge:

"Of course you matter! I'm sure your mentor thinks so as well. You don't get taught magick if your teacher thinks you don't matter." Serge assured her.

"And your here with us. We're all friends here right? We're talking to you and having fun and all laughing all right here."

"I guess you are right Sir my Mentor would not have taken me in if he did not like me and thought I mattered...and yeah we are friends...thank you."
Yu Die said and she seamed to cheer up a little at your words.

"...Dreams are very special to me you know." Serge said after a pause.

"They sometimes tell us things about ourselves that we'd never know otherwise. Gives us glimpses into our place in this chaotic world or allow us to figure out things yet to come. Within a dream all of our earthly limitations are stripped away and everything is possible." Serge said lovingly.

"That dream could house a very significant meaning. Are you interested in learning about healing magick?" Serge asked.

"I know my Mentor says that dreams are special as well, they give us insight and helps us to learn and to heal."
The young Akashic said then she hesitated.
"Yeah I sort of am, but not like my Mentor and my brother, they are both doctors but I do not trust hospitals and doctors and the like."
She said nervously.
"But I would like to learn to heal with older means and just with Chi you know, to be a more traditional healer in a way."

"Ok I won't lie that'd be pretty sweet." Serge said with a smile, although her last statement was still fresh in his mind.

Yu Die grinned a bit at that.
"Rainbow fireball for the win."

"Oh well perception is....how can I explain this?" Serge said trying to think of a simple explanation.

"It's basically how we see the world. You know we sense the world using our 5 senses right? Sight, Hearing, Smell, Touch, and the one we want to change, taste." Serge explained.

"We also have spiritual senses Sir but I think I understand Sir...sort of..."
Cava said she still looked rather confused.

"Texture can be changed as well. Although that might be harder to do." Serge said chuckling at defeated Akashic, before turning to the young girls to continue talking about junk food.

Yu Die sigh and she sat down by the table. Jane grinned.
"What about carrots that taste like fries Sir?"
She suggested.
"Or chocolate potatoes."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:56 pm

Anja's Post:

A nod to this, then rapidly moved back through the building, back to the car. Keeping alert to her surroundings, naturally.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:21 pm

"Very well if you let me know when you have informed the vampires about the situation with the infernalists then I will send them over if there is time when the battle starts."
Dalisse said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "Let me just send a message..."
He typed out a message to Kristina, 'Can you have a message delivered to Prince Lodin's court? It might turn out that Nicolai is sheltering some infernalist vampires at his Daley Plaza apartment today. Let me know if it's possible; if not, may have to find other disposal.'

"Yes wards can be fought, but I can not myself break down Lady Larson's wards Colin and using the Tass behind those wards without first taking them down, I at least do not know how to do that as part of of idea of the wards is to protect the Tass in question."
He nodded, "No, that would be the difficult aspect... I don't have twenty drams of Tass with which to burn out the wards this time... Hm, we might be able to hold something at the ready if someone moves the Tass outside the wards?"

"Agreed do you know when your allies with attack?"
She asked.
He frowned, "Not accurately... One team secured the auto shop entrance, another team should be underway to the mall garage... and yet another team is headed out for Mr. Wallace, and if that goes well, they'll probably join up with the other teams here."

"It would sever the connection yes and it might cut through Lady Larson's personal wards if strong enough but such a spell is hard to pull of and get it powerful enough and yes it would hurt my ship, but he is not a stranger to pain so while I do not enjoy the idea of hurting him I am willing to do so, the problem is being able to cast such a spell and not be noticed."
The Handler said and frowned.
He nodded, "It might distract her a little from looking too closely at where the spell originated... but no, still risky."
He frowned and jotted down the risk/benefit analysis notes for the assorted ideas.

"I can not say that I have seen that movie no...but yes the more complete a plan is the better, eleven or twelve percent though is not very encouraging considering what we must do and what we are up against."
Dalisse said and she raised an eyebrow.
He smiled thinly, "The twelve percent bit was from the movie in question... I think we have a little more than twelve percent."

"Not telling your fellow Traditionalists everything is probably best."
Dalisse commented.
"But yes sometimes need makes for strange bedfellows indeed. I do hope that you will be alright though Colin I would hate for harm to come to you for coopering with me and teaching me that rote."
He nodded, then grinned wryly, "Well, I do have an advantage in that I know what the usual punishment is, and that that particular punishment has a historically poor success rate with me..."

Dalisse hesitated then she nodded.
"Very well my new friend, I trust you. Do you wish to take this Vis from me yourself or should I manifest it?"
She asked, she seamed a little ill at ease but she did consent to the request."
He smiled thinly, "Even if I wanted to pluck it from you, I can't... Well, not yet, at any rate. That is a little beyond my capability still. And I suggest you wait until the dust settles - make it a parting gift, if you will."

"Well destroying the blood sample that is on Lady Larson's person will make her notice, even if done from afar she is likely to be able to trace such an attack on her person rather quickly, so will attacking her, though your scrambler rote might give us one surprise attack, not two. I might be able to attack from afar, but a mage worth her salt will know how to defend against such attacks as well. The Tass stores will be a lengthy process of trying to undo Lady Larson's wards to get at them that will not be easy. There is a connection to a Node on board though, we could take that out."
She said and frowned.
"But not burn or blow it up I will not risk serious injury to my ship."
He nodded, then paused for a moment, "Bloody Hell, we can use the Node to tear down the wards on the Tass, plain brute force... and then use the Tass to power a spatial distortion to put the Tass miles out of reach. A blatant use of power, obviously, but I think it can be done... And it would be neither conflagratory nor explosive."

"It might buy us some time, but not much, attaching someone from afar do not mean they are sitting ducks, not when they to are competent willworkers."
He nodded, "It might let us get one surprise attack in... but the best we can realistically hope for is that the attack causes confusion as to who and where the attacker is."
He frowned and turned the notebook around, "So, a rough summary of pros and cons, and... hum, there's a thought... How accurately can you teleport something like, say, a small quantity of sand? Could you dispose it somewhere inside, say, Larson's sinuses? That should severely impair her... If that's a bit much, could you slip it inside her shirt, perhaps?"

((OOC: Time to blaze through ALL the crazy stunts, on the theoretical level. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:02 pm

"I know my Mentor says that dreams are special as well, they give us insight and helps us to learn and to heal."
The young Akashic said then she hesitated.
"Yeah I sort of am, but not like my Mentor and my brother, they are both doctors but I do not trust hospitals and doctors and the like."
She said nervously.
"But I would like to learn to heal with older means and just with Chi you know, to be a more traditional healer in a way."

"Their's always room for the old way. Plus chi healing sounds badass." Serge said encouragingly.

"That could be your thing. While your brother and Mentor use modern medicine and other doctor-y methods, you could study hard and specialize in the more traditional forms of healing. So you have the best of the two worlds." he suggested.

"We also have spiritual senses Sir but I think I understand Sir...sort of..."
Cava said she still looked rather confused.

"It'll be easier to understand when your older." Serge assured the young girl.

Yu Die sigh and she sat down by the table. Jane grinned.
"What about carrots that taste like fries Sir?"
She suggested.
"Or chocolate potatoes."

"Ohhh those sound amazing. How about changing cauliflower to taste like fried chicken. Or changing brussels sprouts into gummy bears." Serge said amusingly.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:00 am

Serge:

"Their's always room for the old way. Plus chi healing sounds badass." Serge said encouragingly.

"That could be your thing. While your brother and Mentor use modern medicine and other doctor-y methods, you could study hard and specialize in the more traditional forms of healing. So you have the best of the two worlds." he suggested.

"I do not know about badass Sir, the way I believe it Chi have always been a part of us, it is us on a base level."
Yu Die said then she nodded.
"Well my brother use traditional healing as well, and school medicine both."
She commented.

"It'll be easier to understand when your older." Serge assured the young girl.

"I guess so Sir."
Cava said and pouted.

"Ohhh those sound amazing. How about changing cauliflower to taste like fried chicken. Or changing brussels sprouts into gummy bears." Serge said amusingly.

"Yeah that would be great Sir and peas could taste like caramel."
Jane suggested and grinned.

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Let me just send a message..."
He typed out a message to Kristina, 'Can you have a message delivered to Prince Lodin's court? It might turn out that Nicolai is sheltering some infernalist vampires at his Daley Plaza apartment today. Let me know if it's possible; if not, may have to find other disposal.'

You got a reply back from Kristina.
"Yes I can arrange for such a message to be delivered to Prince Lodin's court, and if what you say is true, and he is caught helping such infernalists that will be the end of Nicolai the little shit."

He nodded, "No, that would be the difficult aspect... I don't have twenty drams of Tass with which to burn out the wards this time... Hm, we might be able to hold something at the ready if someone moves the Tass outside the wards?"

"I could create a hanging rote that is at the ready to be activated if the wards are taken down or the Tass are moved."
Dalisse said and nodded.
"If you are sure burning of that Tass will not cause an explosion that will harm my ship."

He frowned, "Not accurately... One team secured the auto shop entrance, another team should be underway to the mall garage... and yet another team is headed out for Mr. Wallace, and if that goes well, they'll probably join up with the other teams here."

"Understood...um yes I can feel something happening at the mall garage portal, our guards are nervous, I suspect the attack there is underway. Hopefully then we will not have to hold out to long alone after we move on Lady Larson."
She said and frowned.

He nodded, "It might distract her a little from looking too closely at where the spell originated... but no, still risky."
He frowned and jotted down the risk/benefit analysis notes for the assorted ideas.

"I would think that if someone attack Lady Larson's person and destroyed an important spell ingredient then she would be even more concerned in finding out who did it not less...so yes it would be risky indeed."

He smiled thinly, "The twelve percent bit was from the movie in question... I think we have a little more than twelve percent."

"I see, yes hopefully our plan will be a bit more complete indeed."
Dalisse said and frowned.

He nodded, then grinned wryly, "Well, I do have an advantage in that I know what the usual punishment is, and that that particular punishment has a historically poor success rate with me..."

"Yes it seams to have been less permanent than indented."
The Handler said darkly.
"Even so I suspect they might do other uncomfortable things to you if they found out what you have taught me."
She said.
"Hopefully they will never find out."

He smiled thinly, "Even if I wanted to pluck it from you, I can't... Well, not yet, at any rate. That is a little beyond my capability still. And I suggest you wait until the dust settles - make it a parting gift, if you will."

"Perhaps but it is easier to do it now since there is likely to be some rush to get away when this fight is over, and all that can be done before that time is a boon."
Dalisse said she closed her eyes and did several hand gestures and muttered something under her breath then she held out her thin hand to you and opened it, a small, perfect green stone lay in her palm, it had not been there before and it was the same color as the green highlights of her skin.

He nodded, then paused for a moment, "Bloody Hell, we can use the Node to tear down the wards on the Tass, plain brute force... and then use the Tass to power a spatial distortion to put the Tass miles out of reach. A blatant use of power, obviously, but I think it can be done... And it would be neither conflagratory nor explosive."

"Oh my, that is actually a great idea...yes we can do that and perhaps even make it work, and since the link to the Node is a part of my ship I thin I can get a pretty good control over it."
The Handler said and nodded.
"But there is a guardian spirit protecting the Node we are going to have to prevent him from running of and informing his mistress."

He nodded, "It might let us get one surprise attack in... but the best we can realistically hope for is that the attack causes confusion as to who and where the attacker is."

Dalisse nodded at that.

He frowned and turned the notebook around, "So, a rough summary of pros and cons, and... hum, there's a thought... How accurately can you teleport something like, say, a small quantity of sand? Could you dispose it somewhere inside, say, Larson's sinuses? That should severely impair her... If that's a bit much, could you slip it inside her shirt, perhaps?"

"Her shirt yes that is not a problem, inside her sinuses at allot harder. Basically there is a reason why very few magi teleport someone's heart out of their chest, it is hard to affect the inside of someone's body with such arts, however it can be done but as it is harder it is less reliable than sending it to the inside of her blouse."
Dalisse said and nodded.

Nicole:

A nod to this, then rapidly moved back through the building, back to the car. Keeping alert to her surroundings, naturally.

You got back to the car, there where nothing that threatened you in the building, as you got out of the workshop you saw a older lady walking a small brown dog past the auto shop, the woman glanced at you and it was clear from her expression she was curious what a now rather dirty and dusty police officer where doing there, but she did not stop to ask and she hurried down the road with her little fuzzy companion in tow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:06 am

Anja's Post:

A slightly curious eyebrow on seeing the woman, but nothing more. Went to the car, opened the trunk. Pulled out the webbing, buckled it around her waist. Holstered the pistol, picked up her rifle, re-checked the action, loaded in a clip. Locked up, and began to return to the garage.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:11 am

You gathered your gear with no issues, in the distance you could hear the sound of the woman's high heels on the pavement other than her no one else where out, they knew better than to poke their head out when there was a police raid happening if they preferred said heads without holes. You got back to the garage, you could see in the hallway that Antonio was back on his feet.
"Do you need healing, and is everything calm outside?"
Fran asked.
"If not I will go and...deal with the wounded Nephandi woman."
She said darkly. The woman's screams where weaker now, but she was still screaming.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:16 pm

"I do not know about badass Sir, the way I believe it Chi have always been a part of us, it is us on a base level."
Yu Die said then she nodded.
"Well my brother use traditional healing as well, and school medicine both."
She commented.

"Yeah but you could specialize solely in the traditional healing. So you could learn techniques that your brother might not have had time for." Serge replied.

"Yeah that would be great Sir and peas could taste like caramel."
Jane suggested and grinned.

"Ehhhh that's a great idea. They can be like tiny balls of caramal that melt in your mouth with their sweetness." Serge commented.

"Hey Cava, would you like those kinds of vegetables to be grown in Princess Katie's. They could be the only kingdom to farm and sell candy vegetables." Serge said with a smile.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:50 pm

"Yeah but you could specialize solely in the traditional healing. So you could learn techniques that your brother might not have had time for." Serge replied.

Yu Die thought about that for a moment then she nodded and smiled.
"Yeah...I might just do that Sir."
She said happily.
"I could get good at it one day."

"Ehhhh that's a great idea. They can be like tiny balls of caramal that melt in your mouth with their sweetness." Serge commented.

"Yeah that would be awesome!"
Jane exclaimed happily.

"Hey Cava, would you like those kinds of vegetables to be grown in Princess Katie's. They could be the only kingdom to farm and sell candy vegetables." Serge said with a smile.

"Yeah, they could earn allot of money on that, after all who would not want to eat candy vegetables Sir."
Cava said and nodded.
"That is a great idea Sir."
She agreed.

You noticed Rosa stir on the sofa then she opened her eyes and gave a soft sigh.
"It seams I fell asleep...ehm did I miss anything Cousin?"
She asked weakly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:11 pm

"Agreed, he could be setting a trap and scaring him out would mean getting him to worry about something in the lab itself which will not be easy, what about some way to draw him out, creating some reason for him to leave his cozy little nest?" Duncan suggested. You saw no indication of being followed when you glanced in the rear view mirror. "Well gentlemen we do have two spirits, manifested from the Fallen healer's own mind itself."

"Indeed, ma'am and you have said they have a part to play..." he said, glancing towards her briefly as they drove. "I'm just not sure if that's a part that we're here to help figure out, or if you happen to know...?" he said, trying to draw out the mysterious elder's plan. If there was one.

"They have pretty good routines for how to get patients out safely and they are not going to stop operations and the like unless an emergency are confirmed. Yes there would be police, fire department and perhaps Technocrats but perhaps we can nab Mr Jace on his way from the lab to the outside?" Duncan mushed. "It could work."

"Hm..."

"Since they would be almost as likely to take us out as the Nephandi. I am curious now though what are the ace you speak about Mr Roth Hicks?"
The Verbena said and Mara just smiled a little.

"Well, these spirits are linked to that Nephandus. From what I understand it was made with...parts of him, some kind of ritual I don't know the details but linked to his mind. I wonder if we can make him /think/ that there's a fire in there...I know that mental arts did seem to work, at least before they did. Perhaps if we could make him somehow think there was a fire, labs have gas lines don't they?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:20 pm

"Indeed, ma'am and you have said they have a part to play..." he said, glancing towards her briefly as they drove. "I'm just not sure if that's a part that we're here to help figure out, or if you happen to know...?" he said, trying to draw out the mysterious elder's plan. If there was one.

"Perhaps it is both young warrior, a knowledge hidden and a knowledge gained."
Mara said and she gave you a friendly smile as she petted the kittens.
"I do think a plan will come to you in time though, and yes the cats will play a part, what have been created from a man can be used to affect him in a most destructive way."
She added.

"Well, these spirits are linked to that Nephandus. From what I understand it was made with...parts of him, some kind of ritual I don't know the details but linked to his mind. I wonder if we can make him /think/ that there's a fire in there...I know that mental arts did seem to work, at least before they did. Perhaps if we could make him somehow think there was a fire, labs have gas lines don't they?"

"I am not sure if the labs have gas lines or if it run on electricity alone but there are allot of machines and storage systems that could easily be the cause of a rather massive fire."
Duncan said and he nodded.
"That might work, if we could affect Deaconess O'Connor's cats perhaps we can affect the Nephandus himself."
He added and Mara smiled just a little at that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:26 pm

Yu Die thought about that for a moment then she nodded and smiled.
"Yeah...I might just do that Sir."
She said happily.
"I could get good at it one day."

"Then you and your brother could be like the healing squad." Serge said with a chuckle.

"No injury is too great for you to fix." Serge said in a heroic sounding voice.

You noticed Rosa stir on the sofa then she opened her eyes and gave a soft sigh.
"It seams I fell asleep...ehm did I miss anything Cousin?"
She asked weakly.

"Sup Sleepy." Serge said humorously.

"You didn't miss much. Just me drawing a bunch of stuff and talking too much. Although we have two new guests that we have to take care off." he informed his cousin.

"Meet Cava and Yu Die." he said pointing to each of the girls respectively.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:15 pm

"Then you and your brother could be like the healing squad." Serge said with a chuckle.

"No injury is too great for you to fix." Serge said in a heroic sounding voice.

"That sounds really cool."
Yu Die said now enthusiastic.
"I have quite a bit to go before I get that good though, but it would be a nice goal to work towards don't you think Sir?"

"Sup Sleepy." Serge said humorously.

"You didn't miss much. Just me drawing a bunch of stuff and talking too much. Although we have two new guests that we have to take care off." he informed his cousin.

"Meet Cava and Yu Die." he said pointing to each of the girls respectively.

"Oh I feel like I got on the wrong side of a steamroller."
Rosa said as she sat up slowly and groaned but then she smiled at the girls.
"Hello Yu Die and Cava was it?"
She said and the girls curtsy and smiles.
"Hello Miss Olsen."
Yu Die said and Cava joined in.
"Hello Miss Olsen."
Rosa grinned.
"Hello girls, well the more the merrier..."
She said then she looked up at you, still rathe weak and tired.
"So what where you drawing Cousin?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next