Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next

Go down

Re: Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:59 pm

Richard gave you a compassionate look and put his hand on your shoulder.
"We are going to have to hope for the best Serge and we are mages our beliefs and hopes do matter."
He said softly.

"I know. Belief is all that I can really do now isn't it." Serge said sadly.

You got a reply back from Elizabeth.
"Thank you dear then I will take care of everything, tell Ange to just relax and get better...and tell her to drink plenty of water."
Shorly after there came another text from the secretary with a recepie for chiken soup.
"Two raw chiken tighs,
One half onion,
two carrots,
one tin of hermetic sweet corn,
One half leek,
Boil the chiken tighs in 3/4 liter of water until meat comes of the bones, take the chiken out and remove skin and bones and cut the meat into small pieces and put back into the soup, add the cut vegtabels, add spices and salt and pepper as desired and serve with a slice of good bread with butter."

The sudden recipe for chicken soup brought a smile to Serge's face. Just sheer amount of kindness that Elizabeth had was enough to cheer him him, even if it was just a little bit.

"I see, since the Deaconess herself is a Master of the Art then I assume her Mentor is as well so it will be an important person visiting, you will have to speak with one of the Deacons for that, Master Sharaya are the only one of the five that are currently at the Chantry."
The Akashic informed you.
"I think the arangements for a visit will have to be done once we know there will be a morning for the honored lady to arrive on. You can speak with Master Sharaya though, he is down in Mr Smithson's room running ops for our teams in the field."
Richard said and nodded.
"I am sure it will be nice for the Deaconess to see her Mentor."
He said and smiled.

"Master Sharaya? That makes sense, he can be everywhere at once." Serge said wondering how the Master and his hand were doing.

"Thanks for the information and for taking care of my Mentor. I'm sure she'll be glad to see her teacher again. I guess I'll go and tell Master Sharaya that we'll have a guest tomorrow." Serge said giving his farewells.

He listened to anything else Richard had to say and then made his way to Mr. Smithson's room to talk with Master Sharaya.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:12 pm

Tainted mages. I don't know how many fomorians could there be.

"Having such a spirit broken and put back together wrong sounds horrible, such a thing should not be!"
Exactly. They are undoing made will. THe worse nightmare of all. But it is true, an incarnation of a piece of creation, a higher self,
something like that. Everyone is different, mine is a god, a friend of mine's a dog... everyone has a different avatar.

"If it is like you say Mr Karyak then these Wyrm worshipping mages needs to be stopped, we need to put aside differences and any ill feelings and focus on taking these mages out and especially if they have allied themselves with others who serve the wyrm."

That's one reason for my comming. We need allies. We have "won" but they taint us even in victory. We need to cleanse this world of them, and this city in particular, and we can't express how much your help would be welcomed

Both of the Garou looked at one another at that and then Dino spoke.
"My pack have lost three spirits that frequently work with us, and I personally have noticed several spirits go missing from the hospital I work at."
He said then his companion took over and asked.
"Is anything being done to deal with this problem Mr Karyak?"

Oh, dear... Tane exclaimed That's unfortunate, i'm so sorry. I'm a spirit healer myself, so i have worked to help them, but personally i'm fighting this abominations at any chance. We know of two bases of the tainted mages, and we have cleansed one and followed a couple more. Maybe 20 of them have fallen to us, many more to my companions, so we can say fondly that we are succesfully fighting back, but we are stretched thin. I have patients with wich i share most of my time, and i'm trying to help the young ones tainted. I'm suspecting that they can be clensed,
and i'm working on how to do it safelly.

"What exactly where you wondering about?"

Well, this is no surprise but we need your help. Were sharks, spider, rat and fox are already helping in the fight, but we are losing people too and the help of your people can prevent some of that. Also, i have been informed that your shamans have some way to revert some of the effects fo the black spiral dance. I'd ask you to guide me to a spirit that can teach me that or to a practitioner that can help me, because if we can revert it in mages, we can heal many a wound and deal a tremendous blow to this monsters. When mages die, the strong spirits inside of us reincarnate with us.
If a mage has been corrupted, he'll be born corrupted, so cleansing such a soul could actually in the long run stop them all.
Lastly, i would like to ask you if we could share this places of power you call tumuls.
Tane raised the two little stones What you see here is the base threads of reality made manifest. I don't know if this helps you or not, but to us is the fuel of our work. The world is dying and magick with it, but this places are the only ones where our magick is not covered with layers of impediment, so sharing a place to work with with anyone can greatly help us improve our chances to heal ourselves, restock on power and to use our crafts. In exchange we can help defend it, tend to it's health,
forge tools like the one i gave you and see in the past and future to help you recover lost knowledge or prepare for impending threats, such as these.
Learning one from the other can also be beneficial.
Tane said, looking at them intenselly.
I'm well aware that these are bold ideas, but we are respectful and i want you to know all the aspects of our intentions. This are trying times for Fera and for mages alike, and i belive that together we can push the black tides of the great enemy away. Although i don't spect this alliance, if it comes to fruition, to do all of this at once only because i say so, at least the first two requests are pressing matters.
So there's that. If you like we can talk to your elders or mine, as you please.

(i'd very much like that. If he doesn't get better then he won't be able to make the ritual of cleansing, or maybe even he won't be able to study it properly, so... also i need more in enigmas and investigation, so i'll have my hands full )
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:28 pm

Colin:

Colin nodded, "Yet what I let slip... might still come back to bite me. In a permanent way."

"Who did you let slip something to?"
Edmund asked curiously.

He smiled thinly, "Perhaps because your soul would have seen where that path leads, giving it greater insight into the Black Spiral than almost any other Mage might possess? Imagine the power of an Oracle who had intimate knowledge of the other side, who was familiar with the temptations, the benefits and the dangers of both paths? Perhaps an Oracle of a middle road could be possible, wielding understanding and power of both Creation and Uncreation?"

"But the two are polar popsites how can one work for both creation and unreality as the same time, that is not possible."
Brandon said as he raised an eyebrow.

He nodded, "Even though Larson's success would mean you, your Mentor and your poor sister never existed in the first place? That the pawn of whom you are so fond would never have been born, that you would never have got to know her?

"I will ehm...perhaps I mean...I..."
Brandon said and sigh.
"I don't know but that is what I am supposed to work towards, non existence that is, it is it is what we do...but I guess I would have wanted more time with my loved ones."

No, torture is not a useful tool... If I cannot convince you to tell me truthful information without inflicting pain, there's no reason to assume anything extracted through pain is anything more than what the victim might think I want to hear, as opposed to the truth... I am no Gabriel; I gain no enjoyment from inflicting pain for any reason."

"I guess that makes sense, it seams to me that when someone is tortured for information often what we get out of them is wrong."
Brandon said and nodded.
"But sometime it is the only tool one have right? Not that I advocate it especially given the situation I find myself in. But sometimes there is no other way to make a prisoner talk."

Serge:

"I know. Belief is all that I can really do now isn't it." Serge said sadly.

"Right now yes it is all you can do, when the Deaconess is awake you can keep her company and comfort her and when we have completed our examinations you will have some hard decicions to make along with Mr Darehill but right now all you have is belief yes."
Richard said and he gave you a kind look.

"Master Sharaya? That makes sense, he can be everywhere at once." Serge said wondering how the Master and his hand were doing.

"So it seams that he can indeed."
Richard said and grinned.

"Thanks for the information and for taking care of my Mentor. I'm sure she'll be glad to see her teacher again. I guess I'll go and tell Master Sharaya that we'll have a guest tomorrow." Serge said giving his farewells.

"It is our job to take care of those who need our help Mr Yager."
Dr Wong said as he gave you an engouraging smile.
"Very well, I will see you later then."
Richard said and nodded.

He listened to anything else Richard had to say and then made his way to Mr. Smithson's room to talk with Master Sharaya.

Richard did not seam to have anything more to say. You found Ty's room and knocked on the door, you heard Narim's voice from inside.
"Yes...come in.."

Tane:

Tainted mages. I don't know how many fomorians could there be.

"That is allot of mages, then again I do not really know how rare your kind is."
Dino said and he raised an eyebrow.

Exactly. They are undoing made will. THe worse nightmare of all. But it is true, an incarnation of a piece of creation, a higher self,
something like that. Everyone is different, mine is a god, a friend of mine's a dog... everyone has a different avatar.

"Interesting...so you have a god living inside of you?"
The female werewolf asked.
"In either case these spirits do not sound like anything we would want to be serving the Wyrm."

That's one reason for my comming. We need allies. We have "won" but they taint us even in victory. We need to cleanse this world of them, and this city in particular, and we can't express how much your help would be welcomed

"I will have to speak with the leader of my Pack but I am pretty sure that when it comes to beating the Wyrm, in any of his forms and his servants to the curb we will be willing to lend our swords and our claws to the cause."
Dino said with pride in his voice.
"It is our task to protect this world from such filth."

Oh, dear... Tane exclaimed That's unfortunate, i'm so sorry. I'm a spirit healer myself, so i have worked to help them, but personally i'm fighting this abominations at any chance. We know of two bases of the tainted mages, and we have cleansed one and followed a couple more. Maybe 20 of them have fallen to us, many more to my companions, so we can say fondly that we are succesfully fighting back, but we are stretched thin. I have patients with wich i share most of my time, and i'm trying to help the young ones tainted. I'm suspecting that they can be clensed,
and i'm working on how to do it safelly.

"Healing spirits are a good thing...what you describe though sounds like a full fledged war between mages that can be dangerous to get involved with, but when it comes to the Wyrm we should all be united, just as long as it is clear that we have no interest in your politics if we help you it will only be to beat down this Wyrm infestation."
Dino said then he frowned again.
"While redemption might be possible it is not a easy path Mr Karyak...and it might be a dangerous thing to attemnt in the middle of a war."

Well, this is no surprise but we need your help. Were sharks, spider, rat and fox are already helping in the fight, but we are losing people too and the help of your people can prevent some of that. Also, i have been informed that your shamans have some way to revert some of the effects fo the black spiral dance. I'd ask you to guide me to a spirit that can teach me that or to a practitioner that can help me, because if we can revert it in mages, we can heal many a wound and deal a tremendous blow to this monsters. When mages die, the strong spirits inside of us reincarnate with us.

The two Garou looked at one another again then Dino spoke.
"What you speak of...is an ancient secret among our kind and it is just a rumor not a proven fact, also it is not a thing you can learn, this is secret knowledge but I can tell you as much as to say it is not a ritual it is a realm, and I am not so sure such a cleansing would help anyone but one of my kind, and even then only if they really wanted to repent and turn from their evil ways."

Lastly, i would like to ask you if we could share this places of power you call tumuls. Tane raised the two little stones What you see here is the base threads of reality made manifest. I don't know if this helps you or not, but to us is the fuel of our work. The world is dying and magick with it, but this places are the only ones where our magick is not covered with layers of impediment, so sharing a place to work with with anyone can greatly help us improve our chances to heal ourselves, restock on power and to use our crafts. In exchange we can help defend it, tend to it's health,
forge tools like the one i gave you and see in the past and future to help you recover lost knowledge or prepare for impending threats, such as these.
Learning one from the other can also be beneficial. Tane said, looking at them intenselly.

"We call them Carens and they are not just batteries for mages to use they are holy places for our pepole!"
The female werewolf said sharply and Dino raised an hand to get her to settle down.
"My friend here is right, our Carens are holy places, and we struggle to keep them safe from mages who would use them to fuel their powers, I do not think my Pack would ever allow for such an arangement, a small gift like the one I gave you yes, but access to it generally no."
He said firmly.

I'm well aware that these are bold ideas, but we are respectful and i want you to know all the aspects of our intentions. This are trying times for Fera and for mages alike, and i belive that together we can push the black tides of the great enemy away. Although i don't spect this alliance, if it comes to fruition, to do all of this at once only because i say so, at least the first two requests are pressing matters.
So there's that. If you like we can talk to your elders or mine, as you please.

"An alliance will be useful and it is indeed trying times, but the things you ask for can be hard, helping you in the fight against the Wyrm that we might do, but telling you of realms and the rituals performed there only whispered about among our shamans and letting mages defile our Carens, that is not something we can allow."
Dino said respectfully but firmly.

(OOC: I will arrange for Tane to go into a Seeking then.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:07 pm

"That is allot of mages, then again I do not really know how rare your kind is."
Dino said and he raised an eyebrow.

Very rare, but they are carried from one life to the other and seek each other. You could say they have been building their numbers.

"Interesting...so you have a god living inside of you?"
The female werewolf asked.

It says so, jajaja! I can only belive in it. He smirked at gandjya

"I will have to speak with the leader of my Pack but I am pretty sure that when it comes to beating the Wyrm, in any of his forms and his servants to the curb we will be willing to lend our swords and our claws to the cause."
Dino said with pride in his voice.
"It is our task to protect this world from such filth."

That is much welcome and reassuring.

"Healing spirits are a good thing...what you describe though sounds like a full fledged war between mages that can be dangerous to get involved with, but when it comes to the Wyrm we should all be united, just as long as it is clear that we have no interest in your politics if we help you it will only be to beat down this Wyrm infestation."
Dino said then he frowned again.
"While redemption might be possible it is not a easy path Mr Karyak...and it might be a dangerous thing to attemnt in the middle of a war."

Politics is bullshit, and many of my brothers and sisters belive it so. Even though, we are politicking right now... BUt whatever. We won't want to drag you into it. That is a thing for us, and i'm sure you got your own thing going on. But the things that menaces us is the same that you fight.
Stagnation, destruction of the world, corruption. Our battle often plays out in many aspects that have to do with ideas and the mind, but after it, it always come to the bloody goresom corners of the world when our points of power are to be defended or conquered, or when things like this happen.
If we all do not commit, we all suffer. Besides, our enemies have allied yours to, so if they beat us, they'll come unimpended against you, and they have not done so only because we know more about them and so we are more dangerous to them that way. That's the only reason, along with time.

Tane speaked with a passion that burned low but powerful, and his eyes wetted at the though of, who knows how many widderslaint kids taken tot he attrocities of the Nephandi.
About redemption... The easy path is to take a young girl, a loving and caring soul, and burn it until the spirit that lives inside of her is destroyed out of existence, and her personality scarred forever, if not directly destroyed too. Do you see how, if we go for the easy solution, they win nonetheless? How can i stand beside, arms folded, as they do an aberration like that out of fear. Imagine me cutting your connection with your other forms, with Gaia so sacred, with your people and with your very soul. Is maddening, it's unthinkable... but it's, to date, the only way to make sure another of this corrupted mages won't be born corrupted only to be recruited as soon as she's able to speak and demonstrate it can be useful.
That is the alternative, into giving in to fear. I don't know how the other mages can think on doing it, but i can't. SHe was just protecting her elders so they could fight back. Even in the face of a fate like that she made the ultimate sacrifice for a chance for us to fight back. Her will to fight is strong and we would honor it with the banishing of everything she is, and moreover, doing the enemie's grisly work!
It's difficult and all, but i can't stop for that. Such a small frayl girl is imprisoned and waiting a trial, and i will at least do my best to try and help her.
I prefer that she dies fighting the corruption and helping me get a way to take others back from them than just being forgotten, hated by her peers for nothing. The cost of doing so is negligible.

The two Garou looked at one another again then Dino spoke.
"What you speak of...is an ancient secret among our kind and it is just a rumor not a proven fact, also it is not a thing you can learn, this is secret knowledge but I can tell you as much as to say it is not a ritual it is a realm, and I am not so sure such a cleansing would help anyone but one of my kind, and even then only if they really wanted to repent and turn from their evil ways."

I must study it at any cost, nonetheless. Is there any sage, master or spirit that can tell me more about it. I'm willing to pay and pass trials as required.

"We call them Carens and they are not just batteries for mages to use they are holy places for our pepole!"
The female werewolf said sharply and Dino raised an hand to get her to settle down.
"My friend here is right, our Carens are holy places, and we struggle to keep them safe from mages who would use them to fuel their powers, I do not think my Pack would ever allow for such an arangement, a small gift like the one I gave you yes, but access to it generally no."
He said firmly.

No, i'm sorry if it sounded that way. To us they are safe havens and places of learning, where we congregate to live, study and conect with the divine inside of our souls. The world is forgetting it had magick at all, and this places are the last magickal spots that allow us to survive. Anywhere else that we do something spiritual or magickal there's a pretty good chance that we blow up, litterally. Tane said, frowning but if there's a negative, i won't argue. I'm sorry.

"An alliance will be useful and it is indeed trying times, but the things you ask for can be hard, helping you in the fight against the Wyrm that we might do, but telling you of realms and the rituals performed there only whispered about among our shamans and letting mages defile our Carens, that is not something we can allow."
Dino said respectfully but firmly.

I totally understand. Fighting together will be a start, anyway. The rituals and the like it's a more personal concern as i'm the only one that is actually looking for a way to cleanse my mates, so that i might want to ask your shamans or elders... and the last, let's talk it in times of peace,
then. So, how do we proceed?

(yey, thanks)
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:09 pm

"Who did you let slip something to?"
Edmund asked curiously.
Colin grinned, "That... would be telling, would it not? Hum, I suppose it's fairly safe to say that Wallace Jace mistakenly thinks I am a cannibal..."

"But the two are polar popsites how can one work for both creation and unreality as the same time, that is not possible."
Brandon said as he raised an eyebrow.
He shrugged, "Everything has a time to exist; a time to be born or made, and a time to die or be destroyed... There are things in Creation that linger from previous Creations - beings that should not be in the current Reality, leftovers from previous Unmakings, I'll wager. Perhaps such a being with both Creation and Unreality at their disposal could manage to not unmake the world prematurely, but to clean the slate of that which has lingered for too long?"

"I will ehm...perhaps I mean...I..."
Brandon said and sigh.
"I don't know but that is what I am supposed to work towards, non existence that is, it is it is what we do...but I guess I would have wanted more time with my loved ones."
He nodded, "As I said, a time and place for everything; even though you progress toward nonexistence, you will reach that when you are ready for it - not before. What right do you have to cut everyone's path short, including your own?"

"I guess that makes sense, it seams to me that when someone is tortured for information often what we get out of them is wrong."
Brandon said and nodded.
"But sometime it is the only tool one have right? Not that I advocate it especially given the situation I find myself in. But sometimes there is no other way to make a prisoner talk."
He snorted derisively, "What use is it in making someone talk, if all you get is three recitations of Jabberwocky and a couple of false facts the victim thinks the torturer wants?"

((OOC: Seekings are good for the soul, I guess. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:10 pm

Richard did not seam to have anything more to say. You found Ty's room and knocked on the door, you heard Narim's voice from inside.
"Yes...come in.."

Serge entered the room carefully. The last time he had visited Narim, the master's hand had exploded and he had needed to donate blood for him. Now the Master was running ops and was likely quite stressed.

"Hey Master Sharaya. Hope your doing all right." Serge said.

(OOC: Good luck on your seeking Tane Smile. )
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:47 pm

Tane:

Very rare, but they are carried from one life to the other and seek each other. You could say they have been building their numbers.

Dino nodded at that.
"Well that is quite alarming then Mr Karyak."
Dino said and frowned.

It says so, jajaja! I can only belive in it. He smirked at gandjya

"That is quite impressive usually spirits are quite powerful before they claim to be Gods, though there are some systems where any spirit is one."
The female werewolf said and nodded. Your Avatar smiled as you kindly from inside your soul."

That is much welcome and reassuring.

"If you leave me with a phone number where I can contact you once I have spoken with our Pack leader then we can organize things further then."
Dino said and smiled.

Politics is bullshit, and many of my brothers and sisters belive it so. Even though, we are politicking right now... BUt whatever. We won't want to drag you into it. That is a thing for us, and i'm sure you got your own thing going on. But the things that menaces us is the same that you fight.
Stagnation, destruction of the world, corruption. Our battle often plays out in many aspects that have to do with ideas and the mind, but after it, it always come to the bloody goresom corners of the world when our points of power are to be defended or conquered, or when things like this happen.
If we all do not commit, we all suffer. Besides, our enemies have allied yours to, so if they beat us, they'll come unimpended against you, and they have not done so only because we know more about them and so we are more dangerous to them that way. That's the only reason, along with time.

Dino nodded.
"We have our own issues among our own kind yes and that is part of the reason why we do not need to get dragged down into another society's politics, but for defeating the Wyrm I see no reason why we can not be allies for a while."
He said.
"The Wyrm will take over if we are not vigilent, he is a powerful force so yes we have to be ready to fight back again any form he might take."

Tane speaked with a passion that burned low but powerful, and his eyes wetted at the though of, who knows how many widderslaint kids taken tot he attrocities of the Nephandi.
About redemption... The easy path is to take a young girl, a loving and caring soul, and burn it until the spirit that lives inside of her is destroyed out of existence, and her personality scarred forever, if not directly destroyed too. Do you see how, if we go for the easy solution, they win nonetheless? How can i stand beside, arms folded, as they do an aberration like that out of fear. Imagine me cutting your connection with your other forms, with Gaia so sacred, with your people and with your very soul. Is maddening, it's unthinkable... but it's, to date, the only way to make sure another of this corrupted mages won't be born corrupted only to be recruited as soon as she's able to speak and demonstrate it can be useful.

"That is a terrible thing to do to a person."
Dino agreed and shivered.
"I do hope you can find an alternative, for if the options are what you describe here and letting another corrupted mage be born, that is an awful position to be in."
He said and he frowned deeper.

That is the alternative, into giving in to fear. I don't know how the other mages can think on doing it, but i can't. SHe was just protecting her elders so they could fight back. Even in the face of a fate like that she made the ultimate sacrifice for a chance for us to fight back. Her will to fight is strong and we would honor it with the banishing of everything she is, and moreover, doing the enemie's grisly work!

"That do indeed sound quite tragic."
Dino said and he looked at his companion again clearly not fully understanding what you where saying or who you where talking about.

It's difficult and all, but i can't stop for that. Such a small frayl girl is imprisoned and waiting a trial, and i will at least do my best to try and help her.
I prefer that she dies fighting the corruption and helping me get a way to take others back from them than just being forgotten, hated by her peers for nothing. The cost of doing so is negligible.

"I understand your passion Mr Karyak and your desire to help your friend, the problem is the thing we have legends of, it is a cleansing by ordeal that affect our own kind and only our own kind, and even if you could find a similar ritual for your friend, unless our spiritual part are somewhat similar you might just be torturing her to death for nothing."
The female werewolf said and sigh.

I must study it at any cost, nonetheless. Is there any sage, master or spirit that can tell me more about it. I'm willing to pay and pass trials as required.

"Payment is not an issue this is sacred knowledge not to be defiled by such things but trials there might be."
The Garou woman said and she scribbeled something down on a piece of paper from hr pocket and handed it to you.
"This is the phone number to the oldest shaman of this area, she might know of the realm you speak of, if you can convince her you can be trusted she might be able to help."

No, i'm sorry if it sounded that way. To us they are safe havens and places of learning, where we congregate to live, study and conect with the divine inside of our souls. The world is forgetting it had magick at all, and this places are the last magickal spots that allow us to survive. Anywhere else that we do something spiritual or magickal there's a pretty good chance that we blow up, litterally. Tane said, frowning but if there's a negative, i won't argue. I'm sorry.

"While we understand that your intentions are good, we have experienced your kind trying to steal from our Carens so many times, the trust is just not there yet."
Dino said sternly then his expression softened a bit.
"But it is nothing personal towards you, not at all."

I totally understand. Fighting together will be a start, anyway. The rituals and the like it's a more personal concern as i'm the only one that is actually looking for a way to cleanse my mates, so that i might want to ask your shamans or elders... and the last, let's talk it in times of peace,
then. So, how do we proceed?

"Agreed...well then what if I go and speak with the leaders of my Pack and contact you when I know more."
Dino asked.
"I believe also my friend gave you the phone number for one of your elders for your personal concern."
He added and he glanced at his companion as he spoke and she nodded.

Serge:

Serge entered the room carefully. The last time he had visited Narim, the master's hand had exploded and he had needed to donate blood for him. Now the Master was running ops and was likely quite stressed.

"Hey Master Sharaya. Hope your doing all right." Serge said.

"I am allot better Mr Yager...please come in and say what is on your mind."
Narim said and he gave you a friendly smile.
"Also I am not sure I thanked you earlier for your help in saving my life."
He added.
"I appriciate it kid."

Colin:

Colin grinned, "That... would be telling, would it not? Hum, I suppose it's fairly safe to say that Wallace Jace mistakenly thinks I am a cannibal..."

"I can see why he would think that."
Brandon said as he glanced at you.
"My Avatar is sort of...afraid of you..."
He muttered and looked up at you.
"What is up with that?"

He shrugged, "Everything has a time to exist; a time to be born or made, and a time to die or be destroyed... There are things in Creation that linger from previous Creations - beings that should not be in the current Reality, leftovers from previous Unmakings, I'll wager. Perhaps such a being with both Creation and Unreality at their disposal could manage to not unmake the world prematurely, but to clean the slate of that which has lingered for too long?"

"Yeah...perhaps so...but it still seams odd to me..."
Brandon muttered and frowned.
"Something is either unmade or it exist there is not in between really now is there?"

He nodded, "As I said, a time and place for everything; even though you progress toward nonexistence, you will reach that when you are ready for it - not before. What right do you have to cut everyone's path short, including your own?"

"Yeah...like I said before it do not feel right that unreality will just happen to the world. I want to earn it and not have it forced upon me and I want to earn it when I am ready for it, and I do not think it should be forced on those who do not want it."
The boy said and he nodded in agreement.
"There is not much to do about that though."

He snorted derisively, "What use is it in making someone talk, if all you get is three recitations of Jabberwocky and a couple of false facts the victim thinks the torturer wants?"

"But why would not someone being tortured tell the truth, I mean the truth is really what the torturer want now is it not."
Brandon asked and he seamed confused.
"What you say do not make much sense, when I was in...in the Caul I...I would have done anything for it to stop."
He muttered darkly and shivered as if cold.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:01 pm

"I can see why he would think that."
Brandon said as he glanced at you.
"My Avatar is sort of...afraid of you..."
He muttered and looked up at you.
"What is up with that?"
Colin smiled darkly, "Because an inverted Avatar looks like a large serving of dissociated fragments... and my Avatar absorbs loose shards, to add the pieces to a greater whole. Don't worry, though - she can't actually reach out and grab at yours."

"Yeah...perhaps so...but it still seams odd to me..."
Brandon muttered and frowned.
"Something is either unmade or it exist there is not in between really now is there?"
He shrugged, "Things can be destroyed without being unmade; the Great Library of Alexandria was burned to the ground, but it still existed for a time, even if it does not exist now. And as I said, everything has its allotted time - there are Outsider Things that should not exist in this iteration of Creation."

"Yeah...like I said before it do not feel right that unreality will just happen to the world. I want to earn it and not have it forced upon me and I want to earn it when I am ready for it, and I do not think it should be forced on those who do not want it."
The boy said and he nodded in agreement.
"There is not much to do about that though."
He nodded slightly, "Aside from twisting the proverbial dagger in Larson's plans, no, not much..."

"But why would not someone being tortured tell the truth, I mean the truth is really what the torturer want now is it not."
Brandon asked and he seamed confused.
"What you say do not make much sense, when I was in...in the Caul I...I would have done anything for it to stop."
He muttered darkly and shivered as if cold.
He shook his head, "What the torturer wants, and what the victim thinks the torturer wants to hear are not necessarily the same thing. If the victim thinks they can say a name to make the torture stop, what do they care if the name is of someone relevant to the case at hand, so long as there's relief from pain? If the torturer wants a confession from the victim, what difference does it make whether it's a truthful confession or a crudely fabricated lie to please the torturer? The victim is far more likely to end up saying whatever they think the torturer wants to hear, not the truth..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:19 pm

Payment is not an issue this is sacred knowledge not to be defiled by such things but trials there might be."
The Garou woman said and she scribbeled something down on a piece of paper from hr pocket and handed it to you.
"This is the phone number to the oldest shaman of this area, she might know of the realm you speak of, if you can convince her you can be trusted she might be able to help."

I Will try, then. I thank you. Even if It is a Slim chance, there must be something to take out from that to learn.

"While we understand that your intentions are good, we have experienced your kind trying to steal from our Carens so many times, the trust is just not there yet."
Dino said sternly then his expression softened a bit.
"But it is nothing personal towards you, not at all."

I understand, thank you. If we could ever discuss what this places mean to your people i'd like to learn more, not only to know BUt to honour them. Maybe my kind can understand better and tresspassed could be diminished.

Agreed...well then what if I go and speak with the leaders of my Pack and contact you when I know more."

yes, thanks. Well, let me give you my number and you can call me when you know the answer.
I'd like your number Too, though. It might be tonight that we decide to strike against one of their lair, a labyrinth, So If we do i'll let you know So that if you want to partake...
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:56 pm

"We might need an offensive spell more than further protection it will do not good if we hole up and do nothing to take the bastards down."
Theodora said. Francis nodded. "Either works for me, I might be able to get our offensive spell out past our protections and deliver it into our enemies lap though."

"Good point."

Adley your phone ping so do the phones of your Mentor and Darrian, Jeffry where to busy with the ward he was creating though. Darrian picked his phone up and read the message and sent a reply. "It seams the vampiress might be found close to her swarm...and the Nephandi do not have a Tass storage anymore or so Mr Wainwright says, how he pulled that of I do not know."

No time to wonder how his amicus pulled it off, just time to be glad of it. It would hardly be the first time he pulled off something, he had more than a few tricks up his sleeve. "Well, eyes open for a female vampire then," he said. "Maybe if we take her out her creatures will disperse..."

"Using gravity on the bugs might be useful, gravity can be a bitch, a Paradox spirit did that to my Mentor once really messed her up...what if I make sure we can affect space outside of the door and you lead the working to do some bug squishing?" Francins Better suggjested. "And Theodora can help as well." He said and the Tytalus grumbeled and said with her voice dripping with sarcasm.
'Any chance you could use that wind thing to blow the bugs back out of the room again?' taking a tiny look at Antonio - just enough for him to see she was referring to him.
"It depends on the bugs of course but yeah I think I could do that. I can prepere the spell now so it is ready if we need it." Antonio said as he flipped his note book open to a new page, grabbed his expensive looking pen and started scribbeling away.

He looked to Theodora, gave her an understanding look at her being voluntold then nodded to Antonio. "It seems our sodalis will blow the bugs back out and then we can squish them...”

"Lead and I will help out." Better said and Theodora nodded. "I am in as well." Darrian looked at you. "My Pradigm is different from yours Mr Roth Hicks but I know enough Hermetic teory that I might be of aid as well." Jeffry just nodded. "See what you can do about our chanting friends out there mea filius and I will work on a spiritual ward for the room."

"One person," he nodded to Mr Better," to ensure our ability to reach the outside, the rest of us will power up the spell?" he suggested, summing up their plan - if there were no comments, he turned slightly to face them so they could see what he was doing and set to work right away. He remembered his pater being careful about showing which hand gestures when he was following and he tried to do that - rush, but hurry because they needed to pull something off relatively quickly - then deal with all the bugs. More than an air press, he was envisioning them not being able to speak or move enough to continue what they were doing - as if the air itself were not in favor of what they were doing to it, which to him it very likely wasn't, whatever they were using it to cook up. Since he was working with various Houses and ages, he tried to use the more modern hand gestures and verbal commands that most of them would have been taught or seen used. The way that he'd seen his sodalis Hayden Fisher do, in what felt like a year ago.

// I figure they got the time to do just the one spell since they started hearing the chanting, rather than also try to smash bugs. Not sure how long they will have at this compared to what's going on outside with the casters so let me know if you need more for the ritual roll or just take the ones that are used within the timeframe
Arete rolls for said Auram Forces effect: 8, 3, 9 - 3, 5, 7 - 2, 6, 3 - 3, 0, 7

ooc2: yes, it's true Adley is sometimes Captain Obvious. He externalizes but he didn't want to say, 'hey breathing that stuff in the bottles may pull your very avatar out and leave you a gibbering, useless mess' - for morale's sake. His view on 'bad' has been /severely/ skewed by the Nephandi lol

ooc 3: sorry am not feeling so good, sinus-headache cold thing
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:04 pm

"I am allot better Mr Yager...please come in and say what is on your mind."
Narim said and he gave you a friendly smile.
"Also I am not sure I thanked you earlier for your help in saving my life."
He added.
"I appriciate it kid."

"Oh don't thank me. I didn't do much. Rosa's the one who did the heavy lifting." Serge said with a smile, glad to see that the Master was all right.

"As for me, well....it hasn't been great." Serge said unsure of how to start. Deciding that their was no point in denying or stepping around it Serge said, "My mentor's been injured. Quite badly. Right now she's under the Dr. Lee's care."

Although Serge was coming to grips with it, Dr. Lee's words still rang in his mind of the precarious nature of Ange's injuries and dark thoughts began to cloud his mind before he shook his head to clear the foreboding images swirling around within his mind.

"Before she went unconscious, Ange asked me to tell her Mentor. When I told her about her student, she said that she would be visiting this chantry next morning to see her. She asked me to alert and make arrangements with the Deacons." he concluded glancing at Narim, indicating that he was the Deacon that Serge was alerting.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:45 pm

'Female vampire? That knocked up one?' Nicole replied, a little puzzled.

Not being able to do anything else, she continued to alertly watch the door and her surroundings.

[No worries - Nicole's a bitch, they've got off on the wrong foot and she's not in the best of moods.]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:06 am

Nicole and Adley:

'Female vampire? That knocked up one?' Nicole replied, a little puzzled.

"It could be her, I did not think they could get pregnant but yeah..."
Theodora said and she looked a little disturbed.

Not being able to do anything else, she continued to alertly watch the door and her surroundings.

Other than the chanting and the bugs hitting the other shield there where no one forcing their way in, not yet...but you knew the Nephandi was just biding their time, shit was coming and it was coming soon.

No time to wonder how his amicus pulled it off, just time to be glad of it. It would hardly be the first time he pulled off something, he had more than a few tricks up his sleeve. "Well, eyes open for a female vampire then," he said. "Maybe if we take her out her creatures will disperse..."

"There are the pregnant woman out there and two of the chanting Nephandi are female and...there is another one now that have showed up...some Asian lady in a buissiness suit."
Francis said. You saw one of the bottles in Darrian's belt started glowing and the Alchemist swore.
"Damn...that is one of the guys Mr Yager drew a picture of, I made a potion based of those drawings, based on the Arcane connections from them...this is one of the damn leaders of the Labyrinth!"
The Alchemist warned.

He looked to Theodora, gave her an understanding look at her being voluntold then nodded to Antonio. "It seems our sodalis will blow the bugs back out and then we can squish them...”

Theodora looked at you with a wry smile. Antonio nodded.
"You can start your ritual Sodalis my spell will be ready when yours are."
He promised.

"One person," he nodded to Mr Better," to ensure our ability to reach the outside, the rest of us will power up the spell?" he suggested, summing up their plan - if there were no comments, he turned slightly to face them so they could see what he was doing and set to work right away.

Francis nodded at that. You and the three other Hermetics got ready for the ritual ahead, Theodora drew a deep breath and Darrian closed his eyes for a moment as he prepared for the work ahead.

He remembered his pater being careful about showing which hand gestures when he was following and he tried to do that - rush, but hurry because they needed to pull something off relatively quickly - then deal with all the bugs. More than an air press, he was envisioning them not being able to speak or move enough to continue what they were doing - as if the air itself were not in favor of what they were doing to it, which to him it very likely wasn't, whatever they were using it to cook up. Since he was working with various Houses and ages, he tried to use the more modern hand gestures and verbal commands that most of them would have been taught or seen used. The way that he'd seen his sodalis Hayden Fisher do, in what felt like a year ago.

Darrian where the one who had the most problems keeping up and the hand gestures where unfamilliar to him and he did make some mistakes, however even if the alchemist where not perfect in his work his sheer power where a massive glow in your ritual. The ritual itself where simple, calling on the Guardians of Air to stop what was happening or rather to let air cleanse what should not be. Suddenly you felt and saw the corridor outside the door, you saw the five chanting mages, and the handsome looking Asian woman in her nice, expensive suit, the bugs and the pregnant woman where on the other side so you did not see those but you managed to lead the ritual, feeling the power of the other Hermetics and then Air itself pressed the chanting Nephandi to the floor...the chanting stopped and some dark energy...wrong energy escaped unused as the half formed spell where intereupted, making the spellcasters cry out in terror and shock as their energies where thrown back towards them and they where pressed towards the floor and held still.

The Asian woman though begun several quick hand gestures, they where nothing like the Hermetic hand gestures you where more used to, they looked like the gestures that Richard used, and you could feel her power, this was a powerful mage and she was not happy that you and your allies had put the press on her friends out there and she was preparing to hand out some punishment.

Colin:

Colin smiled darkly, "Because an inverted Avatar looks like a large serving of dissociated fragments... and my Avatar absorbs loose shards, to add the pieces to a greater whole. Don't worry, though - she can't actually reach out and grab at yours."

"Ehm...ehm...but...okey then..."
Brandon said and he gave you a nervous look and moved a bit away from you.
"Are you sure it can not just grab my Avatar? For I am rather attatched to her you know."

He shrugged, "Things can be destroyed without being unmade; the Great Library of Alexandria was burned to the ground, but it still existed for a time, even if it does not exist now. And as I said, everything has its allotted time - there are Outsider Things that should not exist in this iteration of Creation."

"Well I do not really want to destroy, I want to unmake. As you said they are not the same, and while there might be a time for anything, but eventually even time will end."
The young Nephandus protested.

He nodded slightly, "Aside from twisting the proverbial dagger in Larson's plans, no, not much..."

"Betraying Lady Larson would mean the same as betraying my Mentor and I am just not willing to do that!"
Brandon said firmly.

He shook his head, "What the torturer wants, and what the victim thinks the torturer wants to hear are not necessarily the same thing. If the victim thinks they can say a name to make the torture stop, what do they care if the name is of someone relevant to the case at hand, so long as there's relief from pain? If the torturer wants a confession from the victim, what difference does it make whether it's a truthful confession or a crudely fabricated lie to please the torturer? The victim is far more likely to end up saying whatever they think the torturer wants to hear, not the truth..."

Brandon nodded at that and considered for a moment.
"I guess you are right, if the pain get bad enough you just want it to stop, you do not care how you just want it to end."
He said softly.
"But do that mean that torture never works? For my Mentor use it quite often to get information."

Serge:

"Oh don't thank me. I didn't do much. Rosa's the one who did the heavy lifting." Serge said with a smile, glad to see that the Master was all right.

"Even so I am very grateful Mr Yager."
Narim said and smiled.

"As for me, well....it hasn't been great." Serge said unsure of how to start. Deciding that their was no point in denying or stepping around it Serge said, "My mentor's been injured. Quite badly. Right now she's under the Dr. Lee's care."

Although Serge was coming to grips with it, Dr. Lee's words still rang in his mind of the precarious nature of Ange's injuries and dark thoughts began to cloud his mind before he shook his head to clear the foreboding images swirling around within his mind.

"I know...I was the one who extracted her team after their mission where completed."
The Virtual Adept said sadly.
"I am sorry your Mentor is injured, but Dr Lee is a very good doctor she is in the best of hands."
He said then he noticed the look on your face and indicated a chair.
"Please come in and sit down Mr Yager you look like you need it, would you want a glass of water?"

"Before she went unconscious, Ange asked me to tell her Mentor. When I told her about her student, she said that she would be visiting this chantry next morning to see her. She asked me to alert and make arrangements with the Deacons." he concluded glancing at Narim, indicating that he was the Deacon that Serge was alerting.

"Ah Mr Darehill will be in quite a panic when he finds out his Mentor is coming to visit..."
Narim said and he smiled slightly then he turned serious again.
"Off course the good lady should visit her wounded apprentice, I will arrange for a room for her to use during her stay, please tell her that she is very welcome."
He said kindly.
"Speaking of Mr Darehill when he return from his mission he will need to be informed as well that his sister is injured."
Narim said softly.
"I can take care of it if you would not prefer to do so yourself Mr Yager."

(OOC: I need a bit of a break as I have been writing for quite some time now so I will reply to Tane later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:45 am

"I know...I was the one who extracted her team after their mission where completed."
The Virtual Adept said sadly.
"I am sorry your Mentor is injured, but Dr Lee is a very good doctor she is in the best of hands."
He said then he noticed the look on your face and indicated a chair.
"Please come in and sit down Mr Yager you look like you need it, would you want a glass of water?"

"No I'm ok. I've had way too much pizza and whatever I was drinking in Rosa's room but thanks anyways." Serge said with a shake of his head, although he was grateful for the offer.

"Ah Mr Darehill will be in quite a panic when he finds out his Mentor is coming to visit..."
Narim said and he smiled slightly then he turned serious again.

Serge gave a little chuckle as he remembered Besenti's nickname for Ryan. "Yeah I could tell. She didn't seem to think too highly of him. I can't imagine that they get along well."

"Off course the good lady should visit her wounded apprentice, I will arrange for a room for her to use during her stay, please tell her that she is very welcome."
He said kindly.
"Speaking of Mr Darehill when he return from his mission he will need to be informed as well that his sister is injured."
Narim said softly.
"I can take care of it if you would not prefer to do so yourself Mr Yager."

"Nah I should do that. I'm pretty sure you have your hand's tied." Serge said wondering what exactly Narim was doing, either here or wherever else he was.

"And besides, I shouldn't just avoid doing something just cause I don't want too. Ange taught me that. Not to mention she also had a message she wanted me too pass onto Ryan." he said, looking down to the ground as he remembered the grim decision he, Ryan, and Besenti would have to make if Ange's condition should worsen.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:34 am

Tane:

I Will try, then. I thank you. Even if It is a Slim chance, there must be something to take out from that to learn.

The Garou woman nodded at that.
"I wish you the best of luck with it Mr Karyak."
She said simply.

I understand, thank you. If we could ever discuss what this places mean to your people i'd like to learn more, not only to know BUt to honour them. Maybe my kind can understand better and tresspassed could be diminished.

"I would like that and I can not see anything wrong with talking about what the Carens mean to us, thouhg it is a thing it is hard to express with words, the simplest thing would be to say they make the center of our territory the heart of our homes and serve as links to our spiritual sides."
Dino begun.

yes, thanks. Well, let me give you my number and you can call me when you know the answer.
I'd like your number Too, though. It might be tonight that we decide to strike against one of their lair, a labyrinth, So If we do i'll let you know So that if you want to partake...

Dino nodded and fished his phone out of his pocket.
"Very well if you give me your number I will save it and most likely when you move against these Wyrm tainted mages we will be able to offer aid though I can promise nothing before my leader have given his blessing."

Serge:

"No I'm ok. I've had way too much pizza and whatever I was drinking in Rosa's room but thanks anyways." Serge said with a shake of his head, although he was grateful for the offer.

"Very well you should perhaps sit down for a moment though, you are understandably upset."
Narim said sounding concerned.

Serge gave a little chuckle as he remembered Besenti's nickname for Ryan. "Yeah I could tell. She didn't seem to think too highly of him. I can't imagine that they get along well."

"Oh she thinks highly of both her apprentices but Mistress Babu have her paculiar ways and she can be a hard woman to be around, there is no one you would rather have on your side though when push coomes to show."
Narim said diplomatically.

"Nah I should do that. I'm pretty sure you have your hand's tied." Serge said wondering what exactly Narim was doing, either here or wherever else he was.

The Virtual Adept looked down at his hand, it was still sore and pink with new flesh from the healing which showed up sharply contrasted to his golden brown skin.
"It smarts a bit but it is allot better, please do not worry."
He said and smiled.
"But perhaps Mr Darehill would appriciate hearing it from you."

"And besides, I shouldn't just avoid doing something just cause I don't want too. Ange taught me that. Not to mention she also had a message she wanted me too pass onto Ryan." he said, looking down to the ground as he remembered the grim decision he, Ryan, and Besenti would have to make if Ange's condition should worsen.

"Your Mentor is right she is a wise woman."
Narim said.
"Very well then you will inform Mr Darehill, but is there anything I can do to help Mr Yager?"
He asked.
"You do not have to do everything alone even if you might have to face your own fears this Chantry are all your friends and we will help and support you if we can."
He offered kindly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:31 am

"I would like that and I can not see anything wrong with talking about what the Carens mean to us, thouhg it is a thing it is hard to express with words, the simplest thing would be to say they make the center of our territory the heart of our homes and serve as links to our spiritual sides."
Dino begun

I understand, it is like that for us too.

Take exchanged numbers with Dino. we'll let you know then. So, would there be any more?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:08 am

"Ehm...ehm...but...okey then..."
Brandon said and he gave you a nervous look and moved a bit away from you.
"Are you sure it can not just grab my Avatar? For I am rather attatched to her you know."
Colin nodded slowly, "If she could, she already would have..."

"Well I do not really want to destroy, I want to unmake. As you said they are not the same, and while there might be a time for anything, but eventually even time will end."
The young Nephandus protested.
He nodded, "And perhaps, given greater understanding, you could be the one to unmake things once they are at their proper end. It is a horrid responsibility, and it would take wisdom to ensure things end at the right time rather than to simply unmake them at a whim."

Brandon nodded at that and considered for a moment.
"I guess you are right, if the pain get bad enough you just want it to stop, you do not care how you just want it to end."
He said softly.
"But do that mean that torture never works? For my Mentor use it quite often to get information."
He shrugged, "Oh, you might get information once in a while... but what good is it, when you can never know how reliable it is? It's like shooting at an insect with a shotgun - you might get it with one of the little pellets, by random chance, but it's not likely, and you'll only end up with a lot of collateral damage instead..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:39 am

Tane:

I understand, it is like that for us too.

Take exchanged numbers with Dino. we'll let you know then. So, would there be any more?

Dino nodded and looked at you for some time.
"Perhaps you do understand Mr Karyak and perhaps you will eventually be welcome to our Caren but there are many of your kind so have not shown our sacred spaces as much respect as you have."
He said then he shook his head.
"No that is it, thank you for coming to see us Mr Karyak."
He said and the two Garou stood.
"We will show you to you car."
He said politely.

Colin:

Colin nodded slowly, "If she could, she already would have..."

"Ah I see...ehm that is...comforting."
The young Nephandus said sounding uneasy.

He nodded, "And perhaps, given greater understanding, you could be the one to unmake things once they are at their proper end. It is a horrid responsibility, and it would take wisdom to ensure things end at the right time rather than to simply unmake them at a whim."

"I do not really understand what all that means."
Brandon admitted.
"How do I know when it is the porper time to unmake things? After all when unmade time no longer matters."

He shrugged, "Oh, you might get information once in a while... but what good is it, when you can never know how reliable it is? It's like shooting at an insect with a shotgun - you might get it with one of the little pellets, by random chance, but it's not likely, and you'll only end up with a lot of collateral damage instead..."

"Ok...but then why do so many use it, we do, the Traditions do many nations do as well, they torture prisoners why would so many use these methods if they are as unreliable as you say Colin?"
Brandon asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:54 am

"Ah I see...ehm that is...comforting."
The young Nephandus said sounding uneasy.
Colin smiled thinly, "I carry with me so many Avatar fragments... a milion pinpricks of light and darkness... and I may have the potential for unlimited growth. And that's unnerving me a bit, too."

"I do not really understand what all that means."
Brandon admitted.
"How do I know when it is the porper time to unmake things? After all when unmade time no longer matters."
He pondered, "Perhaps, when the time is right, you will know. It's the sort of thing you might need to reach a certain stage of enlightenment to comprehend..."

"Ok...but then why do so many use it, we do, the Traditions do many nations do as well, they torture prisoners why would so many use these methods if they are as unreliable as you say Colin?"
Brandon asked.
He frowned, "Part of it is callousness and sadism, I'd wager, and a lack of realization of its inefficiency. Even the most skilled of Hermetic torturers acknowledges that while she can break anyone, that does not mean she can get actually useful information out of them..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:23 pm

"Very well you should perhaps sit down for a moment though, you are understandably upset."
Narim said sounding concerned.

"Sure thing. But just for a moment though. If I take too long then Rosa and the other girl's might wonder where I am." Serge said wondering what the girl's were doing now.

"Oh she thinks highly of both her apprentices but Mistress Babu have her paculiar ways and she can be a hard woman to be around, there is no one you would rather have on your side though when push coomes to show."
Narim said diplomatically.

"Really? She didn't sound like she thought highly of Ryan." Serge said with a curious glance at Narim. "Have you met her before?

"Your Mentor is right she is a wise woman."
Narim said.
"Very well then you will inform Mr Darehill, but is there anything I can do to help Mr Yager?"
He asked.
"You do not have to do everything alone even if you might have to face your own fears this Chantry are all your friends and we will help and support you if we can."
He offered kindly.

"Wouldn't mind learning how you do that neat 'be everywhere' at once trick that you have." Serge said  in a clear joking manner.

"And don't worry. I know I'm not alone. I have everyone at the chantry for support."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:33 pm

Colin:

Colin smiled thinly, "I carry with me so many Avatar fragments... a milion pinpricks of light and darkness... and I may have the potential for unlimited growth. And that's unnerving me a bit, too."

"Having unlimited potential is cool, I love magickal powers so that is great but that your Avatar want to eat mine is a little unnerving."
Brandon said and smiled nervously.
"I mean I live on a ship that eats pepole with some vampires that want to eat pepole and a bloody werspider that want to eat me but they all want my body for a lack of a better term and ok...that is fine but my Avatar...that is much more scary."
The boy declared and frowned.

He pondered, "Perhaps, when the time is right, you will know. It's the sort of thing you might need to reach a certain stage of enlightenment to comprehend..."

"But why would time play any part in something that will just remove time from the equation at all. I want to reach non existence on my own as a spiritual goal and that will take time, but that do not mean there is a right time for it."
Brandon protested.

He frowned, "Part of it is callousness and sadism, I'd wager, and a lack of realization of its inefficiency. Even the most skilled of Hermetic torturers acknowledges that while she can break anyone, that does not mean she can get actually useful information out of them..."

"Well sadism is not uncommon among the Nephandi and it is one of the things we try to encourage in th world do lead it to decay, not that that is a very nice thing to do...oh and I am also talking about the harming pepole sadism here not the good spanky butt kind."
The young Nephandus said and blushed.
"For that is just fine...ehm I...ehm will stop talking now..."
He muttered and proceded to do just that.

Serge:

"Sure thing. But just for a moment though. If I take too long then Rosa and the other girl's might wonder where I am." Serge said wondering what the girl's were doing now.

"I am sure they will understand that you might need a moment right now after learning that your Mentor have been hurt."
Narim said softly.
"Are you sure you do not want a glass of water Mr Yager?"

"Really? She didn't sound like she thought highly of Ryan." Serge said with a curious glance at Narim. "Have you met her before?

"I have met her and...well it is not my place to say really so I will only say that she might be less mean than she appear to be."
The Virtual Adept said.

"Wouldn't mind learning how you do that neat 'be everywhere' at once trick that you have." Serge said in a clear joking manner.

"We are all everywhere at once Mr Yager, space is an illusion it is just one point, infinitly large and infinitly small, I have just realized this and can be in more parts of the illusion than one, think of it like an NPC in a MMORPG who show up on all the players who are in that town's screen at once, he is just a bit of code showing up on several machines, it is the same thing."
Narim said and smiled.

"And don't worry. I know I'm not alone."

"Good...that is good."
The technomancer said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:39 pm

Nicole tried her best not to get distracted by the goings-on with the mystical lot; not that she'd know what to do if there was a problem there anyway. Doing her best to deny the existence of the growing feelings of foreboding within; knowing that jitters and nerves could be catching.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:34 pm

There was allot of noise in that room, chanting, talking, the other mages moving around, you do not know how you heard a suble sound over all that noise but you did, a slight scraping sound from amove as if someone or something where moving in the vents, from the sound of it there where one induvidual and it moved softly and allmost soundlessly though the small space.

(OOC: I rolles you Perception plus Alertness and you got three sux.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:42 pm

"It could be her, I did not think they could get pregnant but yeah..." Theodora said and she looked a little disturbed.

Adley made a face. "Maybe she's not pregnant with what we might call a child...maybe that's how the bugs are created." After what he'd witnessed, this didn't seem unplausable at all. Cauls were children, he had a chunk of a spirit stuck in his avatar that had called him father, at least in a seeking. "They will show as matter not alive, so that can help."

"There are the pregnant woman out there and two of the chanting Nephandi are female and...there is another one now that have showed up...some Asian lady in a buissiness suit." Francis said. You saw one of the bottles in Darrian's belt started glowing and the Alchemist swore. "Damn...that is one of the guys Mr Yager drew a picture of, I made a potion based of those drawings, based on the Arcane connections from them...this is one of the damn leaders of the Labyrinth!"

"What's the potion do? Can we use it to stop her?"

Darrian where the one who had the most problems keeping up and the hand gestures where unfamilliar to him and he did make some mistakes, however even if the alchemist where not perfect in his work his sheer power where a massive glow in your ritual. The ritual itself where simple, calling on the Guardians of Air to stop what was happening or rather to let air cleanse what should not be. Suddenly you felt and saw the corridor outside the door, you saw the five chanting mages, and the handsome looking Asian woman in her nice, expensive suit, the bugs and the pregnant woman where on the other side so you did not see those but you managed to lead the ritual, feeling the power of the other Hermetics and then Air itself pressed the chanting Nephandi to the floor...the chanting stopped and some dark energy...wrong energy escaped unused as the half formed spell where intereupted, making the spellcasters cry out in terror and shock as their energies where thrown back towards them and they where pressed towards the floor and held still.

The Asian woman though begun several quick hand gestures, they where nothing like the Hermetic hand gestures you where more used to, they looked like the gestures that Richard used, and you could feel her power, this was a powerful mage and she was not happy that you and your allies had put the press on her friends out there and she was preparing to hand out some punishment.

It worked, that was good but there wasn't time to pat themselves on the back. The other mage looked pissed off and she was doing /something/..."Asian woman in the suit is casting something..." he warned, unsure who could see what out in the hallway, but they had to do something quick.

// sorry got to run, sorry for short post, can post more after work!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:30 pm

Adley made a face. "Maybe she's not pregnant with what we might call a child...maybe that's how the bugs are created." After what he'd witnessed, this didn't seem unplausable at all. Cauls were children, he had a chunk of a spirit stuck in his avatar that had called him father, at least in a seeking. "They will show as matter not alive, so that can help."

Theodora nodded at that though she looked rather disturbed.
"Ehm...well that makes allot of sense Sodalis but seriously if that woman is full of bugs that is damn disturbing!"
The Tytalus said and frowned.

"What's the potion do? Can we use it to stop her?"

"No, this potion glows when one of those it is linked to are nearby...I do have another bottle of the stuff Miss Bouchard took out out the welcome comitiee with though...but that might be a bad idea if we are trying to keep the ship from getting damaged."
Darrian said and frowned.

It worked, that was good but there wasn't time to pat themselves on the back. The other mage looked pissed off and she was doing /something/..."Asian woman in the suit is casting something..." he warned, unsure who could see what out in the hallway, but they had to do something quick.

"And indeed the lady in the suit where casting something, the next moment Theodora hit the floor screaming and Darrian and Mr Better soon joined her, you felt something touch your life patters, it was hard to describe as if a hand grabbed your very life but the spell did not take hold and faded from you quickly.

(OOC: Not a problem. I hope your head is feeling better. Also I hope you did not mind, the Nephandi Chief did not get enouch sucsesses for four targets so I by default let her target the other three ritualists and just fail to get Adley, PCs do not have story armor but when I have to choose targets without it being random I tend to go for NPCs before player characters unless there is a very good reason for the one doing the targeting to go for the PC first.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17 ... 30  Next