Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25 - Page 15 Empty Re: Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:41 pm

[Colin] (Mansion near Paris 19 of Decenmber.)

Colin smiled thinly, "You were always too good for them, Anna. In every way."

"I ehm...don't know about that Mentor, but I...do not like some of the things the Nephandi do."
Anna said and she gave a bit of an uncertain smile.

He nodded to Kristina, "Oh, I doubt he set a specific timer, but at the same time, I am inclined to suspect he used some component to delay the return as long as possible. Though I fear it was probably a pain reaction that did that."

"Well according to Master Ir with a Lesser Gilgul, unless the soul itself are damaged so the Avatar can not easilly reattatch itself, it will return in about seven days, the same if the link between Avatar and mage snap during an uncontrolled backlash for example, this is also what Master Telar said when she operated on me, there was a chance the operation would cut me from my Avatar but she reassured me that if that happened my Avatar would find it's way back in a week's time, so I would think it likely that is when it would return with this gas as well."
Kristina said then she looked at Anna and frowned.
"But damage to Avatars is perhaps not the best conversation when little ears are present."
She said and Anna sigh.
"I do not enjoy discussing it Ma'am but I have heard worse."
The young mage commented but she did look rather uneasy.

He nodded, "Quite alright. This is not the time for such thoughts."

Anna gave you a grateful look that she would not have to continue that conversation.

He grinned, "Once you get your own, instead of the loaner, I suspect you'll grow quite attached to it. It makes for a hell of a fashion statement, after all..."

Your young apprentice considered then she sigh.
"I will appriciate the time and effort that have gone into creating it for me, and I will appriciate it's beauty, but it is still a restraint, it is a symbol of me not being free and I think I will never fully be able to forget about that, even when I am fully initiated and living with a Cabal on my own you will still be my Guardian, chances are I like Miss Alexander will never be fully free in the Traditions...and I do not like that."
She said then she gave a slight smile.
"But it is not a great grief either, I trust you Mentor you will never abuse that authority, I know that and compared to the alternative it is a million times better, I do not need for the situation to be perfect and it is certinly livable, even if I would have preferred my freedom to having to wear a collar."

He grinned wryly, "Yes, well, letting the Order know would be liable to bring up a number of other issues, so I should prefer to keep that particular trump card under wraps for now. Besides, as i said, the Order might protest the status of her Mentor if it became common knowledge. And the old dragon needs to get the sand out of his gears."

"Off course and no one is going to hear about this from me, you have my word Mr Wainwright."
Kristina said.
"Nor from me, I am anyway still trying to wrap my mind around this whole concept of your Avatars anyway, I have to say though my good man you do seam to be just the teacher the young Miss needs."
Drake said. Anna nodded.
"Yeah he is a good Mentor and if anyone try to give me to another one I will kick them in the knees very, very hard."
She anounced and you had a feeling your young student would follow though on her threath.

He chuckled softly, "Sweetie... you have a piercing, too, and our friend who gave you that terrifies most people the first time they see him..."

"I am not afraid of spirits, sure I would be scared of him if he was trying to hurt me, but he is not so I am not worrid and it did not really hurt that much when he gave me that piercing, just for a moment and then again when I pushed the ring through, but Jane let Dr Lee use a needle to pierce her ears...I mean my earrings where done with those earring guns that shoot studs through and that is fine, those are not needles so those are fine, but Jane rather wanted Dr Lee to do it than go to a hairdresser...I do nto get that."
Anna said wide eyed at such insanity..

He turned serious, "However, needles are not dangerous unless mishandled. Medical personnel are trained to handle needles to avoid accidental damage - and while untrained people like myself can use them, caution is still highly recommended to avoid bends or breaks. Still, a little magical precaution helps in ensuring the needle works perfectly - my skill with metalworking is useful there, too."

"But what...Gabriel did with needles I...saw so many...saw my mother....the screams and then...then..."
Anna looked down and had to wipe tears out of her eyes again.
"You probably think I am stupid Mentor, I know there are more dangerous things, that gun you carry for example it coudl do allot more damage but I...every time I see a needle I...am back there, in that room hearing those screams...I know my fear is not rational..."
She muttered shamefully and looked away.
"But...I am afraid non the less."

He nodded, grinning, "I can't protest that sentiment. I want as much time as I can get with you, Freddy, our future children and that insufferably adorable ghost cat..."

"Yeah I am looking forward to the ghost cat Mentor and to having little brothers and sisters."
Anna said and smiled.
"And to living on Horizon when there is not so much Paradox...I really hate Paradox, stupid, stupid Consensus!"

[Serge] (Steelhaven Rosa's apartment at 14 in the afternoon.)

"Right you are. But still it can be done. Their's only so many places in an apartment. Just need to look for the clues....or ask her a hundred question until we get it." Serge replied.

"Yeah you are right Sir and we will not fail to find Janice!"
Jane declared.
"Well will figure out where Miss Olsen have hidden her."

He led the group back into the apartment and once again gave it a cursory glance to look for misplaced objects. The first two time the doll wasn't hidden in the apartment so nothing was out of place. Perhaps this time would be different. Although Rosa knew how he operated so she might've taken extra care to cover up any clues.

You did not see any obious clues, Rosa stood in the kitchen making coffee, and nothing was out of place and there where no place of Janice anywhere.
"I know you don't drink coffee Cousin but I felt like a cup, and I assume you girls don't drink coffee though."
She said.
"Well then I guess I should limit myself to answering yes and no questions now."
She said with a wry smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25 - Page 15 Empty Re: Hallways of Flesh, Lisa Larson and Glorious Battle IC Thread 25

Post by Tane Karyak Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:06 pm

[Tane] (At home with the Fera girls at ca 10 in the morning.)

((No problemo!
We'll keep at It, 8 7 2))

I'm holding her magick off. I don't know how muchas we'll last So go do It!
Tane said as his tatoos looked like boiling lava, loving om his skin
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:15 pm

You did not see any obious clues, Rosa stood in the kitchen making coffee, and nothing was out of place and there where no place of Janice anywhere.
"I know you don't drink coffee Cousin but I felt like a cup, and I assume you girls don't drink coffee though."
She said.
"Well then I guess I should limit myself to answering yes and no questions now."
She said with a wry smile.

"Ugh. Coffee...the drink of adults. Can't stand the bitterness. Last time I drank coffee it was like 10% coffee 80% milk and 10% sugar. I was essentially drinking coffee flavored sugar milk...and it was delicious." Serge said with a small grin.

It was an odd time to be making coffee, although Serge couldn't think of any way that Rosa could use it to hide Janice. Unless she drowned the poor doll in the bitter torture juice. His only thought was that Rosa was trying to keep an eye on her hiding place or she was trying to distract him.

"Is Janice hidden within the kitchen?" Serge asked.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:52 pm

[France, December 19th]
"Well according to Master Ir with a Lesser Gilgul, unless the soul itself are damaged so the Avatar can not easilly reattatch itself, it will return in about seven days, the same if the link between Avatar and mage snap during an uncontrolled backlash for example, this is also what Master Telar said when she operated on me, there was a chance the operation would cut me from my Avatar but she reassured me that if that happened my Avatar would find it's way back in a week's time, so I would think it likely that is when it would return with this gas as well."
Kristina said then she looked at Anna and frowned.
"But damage to Avatars is perhaps not the best conversation when little ears are present."
She said and Anna sigh.
"I do not enjoy discussing it Ma'am but I have heard worse."
The young mage commented but she did look rather uneasy.
Colin frowned, "Hum, I was not aware of that detail... and it is a nasty topic."

Your young apprentice considered then she sigh.
"I will appriciate the time and effort that have gone into creating it for me, and I will appriciate it's beauty, but it is still a restraint, it is a symbol of me not being free and I think I will never fully be able to forget about that, even when I am fully initiated and living with a Cabal on my own you will still be my Guardian, chances are I like Miss Alexander will never be fully free in the Traditions...and I do not like that."
She said then she gave a slight smile.
"But it is not a great grief either, I trust you Mentor you will never abuse that authority, I know that and compared to the alternative it is a million times better, I do not need for the situation to be perfect and it is certinly livable, even if I would have preferred my freedom to having to wear a collar."
He smiled, "It's a temporary solution. In the sense that you'll not be permanently restrained. And speaking of..."
He grinned and let up the restrictions on scanning and scrying magic - leaving Anna free to sense things on her own, "I'm not letting you affect anything directly just yet, but I will let you enjoy the full range of your senses. Just remember what we talked about regarding snooping on other people, alright?"

"Off course and no one is going to hear about this from me, you have my word Mr Wainwright."
Kristina said.
"Nor from me, I am anyway still trying to wrap my mind around this whole concept of your Avatars anyway, I have to say though my good man you do seam to be just the teacher the young Miss needs."
Drake said. Anna nodded.
"Yeah he is a good Mentor and if anyone try to give me to another one I will kick them in the knees very, very hard."
She anounced and you had a feeling your young student would follow though on her threath.
He nodded to Kristina, "Thank you."
He grinned to Anna, "Like you did those poor nurses at the hospital? I feel so conflicted, trying to decide whether I should get you padded shoes or steel-toed boots..."

"I am not afraid of spirits, sure I would be scared of him if he was trying to hurt me, but he is not so I am not worrid and it did not really hurt that much when he gave me that piercing, just for a moment and then again when I pushed the ring through, but Jane let Dr Lee use a needle to pierce her ears...I mean my earrings where done with those earring guns that shoot studs through and that is fine, those are not needles so those are fine, but Jane rather wanted Dr Lee to do it than go to a hairdresser...I do nto get that."
Anna said wide eyed at such insanity..
He chuckled softly, "People are afraid of different things... There are people who would gladly pierce themselves with a needle, but run screaming from the mere sight of Adley's little gafflings, or who would gladly charge a Flambeau at their most stereotypical if it meant not having to go on board a boat... Phobias are powerful, and by and large, there's nothing rational about them."

"But what...Gabriel did with needles I...saw so many...saw my mother....the screams and then...then..."
Anna looked down and had to wipe tears out of her eyes again.
"You probably think I am stupid Mentor, I know there are more dangerous things, that gun you carry for example it coudl do allot more damage but I...every time I see a needle I...am back there, in that room hearing those screams...I know my fear is not rational..."
She muttered shamefully and looked away.
"But...I am afraid non the less."
He gently stroked her hair, "What Gabriel did was... decidedly mishandling. And the damage I can do with a firearm pales next to what he did with needles."
He hugged her close, "Nobody has any right to blame you for fearing needles. Even if Gabriel and the room are gone forever, the screams may never go away entirely, and that... is a dark legacy for anyone to leave behind."

"Yeah I am looking forward to the ghost cat Mentor and to having little brothers and sisters."
Anna said and smiled.
"And to living on Horizon when there is not so much Paradox...I really hate Paradox, stupid, stupid Consensus!"
He nodded, "The Consensus does tend to be a pain in the... well, most places, really."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:55 pm

Violet looked absolutely terrified she glanced at Arn and swallowed several times. "Is this what Bee felt Sir...when they..." She could not complete what she was asking and just looked fearfully at you.

It's not that he didn't want to think of Beatrice but he didn't want to think of her being nearly gilgulled, especially not right now. It was bad enough hearing Arn, but...they couldn't afford to all be too shocked, upset and terrified to act. "I know it is hard to hear, and he is in pain, but it is not from what I know permanent...let us hope it is only a short time thing..."

hen as soon as the darkness had come, it was gone, and you felt the pressence of the strange spirit in the corner vanish, your Mentor had managed to banish the thing and the old mage drew a deep breath, he was rather pale and drawn after two, hard magickal fights, fights it had been hard to see, but which still had been life or death. Jeffry took a water bottle from his coat pocket and took a sip of it then he gave the bottle to a woman you think was a Cultist from Riverside nabed Ophelia Copperstreet.
"Try to get some water into Mr Woodhouse please Miss Copperstreet." He asked then he turned to you and glanced at the lighter in your hand.
"Well done mea filius."

He blew out a sigh in relief as he felt the strange umbrood finally dispensed with, releasing the depressor on the lighter. He stretched his hand and then put it away and gave his mentor a nod.

"Ok, let us end this before we loose anyone else, we will need to move fast, I will generate a shiel to give us protection but how long it will last I can not promise, our goal is then to kill our enemies on the other side of that door as fast as we can before they can throw any more of that gas, or summon anything else nasty or get reinforcements, any questions?"

He shook his head and proceeded to get ready for another fight. They had several layers of shields up now but it was going to be chaotic as soon as the door was opened. Harry and his friends would be busy very soon. He wondered if that trap spell had been completed, or dispensed with and looked to the magus that had worked on it to check in before they made their assault, just in case they needed to take that into account...

"Agreed Miss Bouchard."
Jeffrey said as he stepped out in front of the door.
"So we hit them and we hit them hard...get ready."
He said in a low tone of voice so the enemy would not hear him.
"And be careful of those bugs, the vampire spawning them and whoever have those gas containers are the number one targets but be careful not to hit the containers with any stray bullets."
'Erm... if the gas bomb goes off in their face, hitting all their pals but not us, is that so bad?' Nicole commented to the room in general, ending with a "just a thought" gesture as she did a last-second check to be ready.
No that would not be bad Miss Bouchard, likely the majority of those out there are not magi and would not be affected by the gas, but for those that are it would be a distasteful but effective way to take them down...if you have a way to reliably prevent the gas from reaching us as well, magick can be used for that off course but there is always a chance one will miss and while casting spells the one taking care of the gas will not be doing anything else to take our enemies down."
Jeffry said without glancing back at Nicole.

He just nodded at to his pater's comments, glanced at Nicole and then went back to getting ready. He didn't want to give his position away and was trying to figure out what would be a good spell to use on the group...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:28 pm

Colin frowned, "Hum, I was not aware of that detail... and it is a nasty topic."

"A nasty topic indeed."
Kristina said.
"And I am only saying what was told to me, take it for what it is worth I am not expert on Avatars."

He smiled, "It's a temporary solution. In the sense that you'll not be permanently restrained. And speaking of..."
He grinned and let up the restrictions on scanning and scrying magic - leaving Anna free to sense things on her own, "I'm not letting you affect anything directly just yet, but I will let you enjoy the full range of your senses. Just remember what we talked about regarding snooping on other people, alright?"

"Thank you Mentor."
Anna said happily.
"I will remember what you said."
She assured you as she eagerly did her quick, elegant and gestures and then looked around with a content look on her face.
"I miss working magick freely, but at least you allow me this sometimes and allow me to work with Mr King and Nico and let loose in the ritual rooms at times, that makes it easier."

He nodded to Kristina, "Thank you."
He grinned to Anna, "Like you did those poor nurses at the hospital? I feel so conflicted, trying to decide whether I should get you padded shoes or steel-toed boots..."

"Which nurses, the ones I saved Casefrom or the ones who stuck my hand when I had been shot...both deserved it. Or the one at Morningstar that tried to give me a shot with something that would affect my brain, she said she it would."
Anna muttered and pouted, it was clear that the third one of the options still scared her.
"She really deserved it."
Kristina raised an eyebrow.
"Your apprentice have kicked allot of nurses."
She commented.

He chuckled softly, "People are afraid of different things... There are people who would gladly pierce themselves with a needle, but run screaming from the mere sight of Adley's little gafflings, or who would gladly charge a Flambeau at their most stereotypical if it meant not having to go on board a boat... Phobias are powerful, and by and large, there's nothing rational about them."

"But the spider spirits are so cute...but yes I get your point...like Kyle being afraid of having his hands touched?"
Anna asked.
"Or like he told me that during his trial the Security Council restrained him with cuffs and he completely paniced?"
She asked. Drake sigh and nodded.
"A few years ago...when it was just me John William and Kristina living in this household with two abandoned Nosferatu boys we had taken in...the entire househld where taken captive by the Society of Leopold...I where the first to be...interogated, it was long, drawn out and involved a knife, when..they tired of torturing me I was returned to our cell and they tried to stake me again but...missed. Then in order to intimmidate us they opened the shutters of the cell...right before dawn. John William and the boys where staked and Kristina where...chained down, the sun slowly rose and I...where so...broken down from the torture I...saw what was happening but I could not...do anything I...if only I could have gotten up, freed the others but I..."
Drake looked down and formed fists of his hands.
"Kristina manged to get out of the bonds restraining her magick and saved us...me and John William where pretty badly burned but the boys they where young and...they burned to ash...we lost them and it was my fault for not being able to act...the torture had rendered me a sniveling fool...by the time I got to my senses the boys where dead and we where home...I..."
Kristina put a hand on Drake's shoulder and whispered.
"It is not your fault...no one blames you it is the damned Inquisition's fault they killed the boys not you!"
Drake nodded.
"Perhaps but that torture...those knives...well let us just say that I am painfully aware of every knife in this kitchen and I can sit here calmly only due to allot of work and great effort and yet I carry a stake on my person, just in case I need it...for self defense or...for myself if I am close to another episode of insanity...I should be more scared of it, a stake can seriously harm me, a knife can not, and yet I am more afraid of the kitchen tools than the stake in my coat pocket...phobias is not rational, nor something to be ashamed of."
He said and Anna looked down.
"I know Sir..."
She muttered softly.

He gently stroked her hair, "What Gabriel did was... decidedly mishandling. And the damage I can do with a firearm pales next to what he did with needles."
He hugged her close, "Nobody has any right to blame you for fearing needles. Even if Gabriel and the room are gone forever, the screams may never go away entirely, and that... is a dark legacy for anyone to leave behind."

Anna hugged you and nodded.
"I know Mentor but at the same time...I am ashamed that I am afraid of such...small things, and that I...can not get those screams out of my head and that I can't hate him...Gabriel, no matter what he was he was also my Mentor and I still love him...and I am ashamed of that."
She wept softly.

He nodded, "The Consensus does tend to be a pain in the... well, most places, really."

"Don¨t jinx it Mentor I don't want another tail."
The young mage joked and wiped her tears.

[Nicole and Adley] (Jeffry's strike team, Labyrinth at two in the afternoon.)

t's not that he didn't want to think of Beatrice but he didn't want to think of her being nearly gilgulled, especially not right now. It was bad enough hearing Arn, but...they couldn't afford to all be too shocked, upset and terrified to act. "I know it is hard to hear, and he is in pain, but it is not from what I know permanent...let us hope it is only a short time thing..."

"Yeah...I guess you are right Sir."
The young Verbena said, clearly more upset and scared for Bee by your unwillingness to answer, that could only mean it was really, really bad after all.
"I hope it will not last long either...for Mr Woodhouse I mean."

He blew out a sigh in relief as he felt the strange umbrood finally dispensed with, releasing the depressor on the lighter. He stretched his hand and then put it away and gave his mentor a nod.

Jeffry gave you a slight smile, there where no time for more.

He shook his head and proceeded to get ready for another fight. They had several layers of shields up now but it was going to be chaotic as soon as the door was opened. Harry and his friends would be busy very soon. He wondered if that trap spell had been completed, or dispensed with and looked to the magus that had worked on it to check in before they made their assault, just in case they needed to take that into account...

The mage with the trap simply shook his head slightly, his spell had been dealt with by whoever was on the other side of the door.

He just nodded at to his pater's comments, glanced at Nicole and then went back to getting ready. He didn't want to give his position away and was trying to figure out what would be a good spell to use on the group...

Jeffry shouted one command in Latin and from his hands flew a cow sized ball of white hot flame, the ball burst though the door and hopefully took out some of the enemies, you heard a woman scream hysterically out there, then it was on the rest of the group to take out the rest.

(OOC: Nicole I rolled initiative you got nine, if you could roll for Adley Strife and we will get this started.)

"Ugh. Coffee...the drink of adults. Can't stand the bitterness. Last time I drank coffee it was like 10% coffee 80% milk and 10% sugar. I was essentially drinking coffee flavored sugar milk...and it was delicious." Serge said with a small grin.

"Well that is one way to drink coffe but if it is going to be a desert I prefer coffee mocca, basically hot chocholate with a bit of coffee in it, but other than fancy drinks like that, preferably with whipped cream, I like my coffee black."
Rosa said and smiled.

It was an odd time to be making coffee, although Serge couldn't think of any way that Rosa could use it to hide Janice. Unless she drowned the poor doll in the bitter torture juice. His only thought was that Rosa was trying to keep an eye on her hiding place or she was trying to distract him.

"Is Janice hidden within the kitchen?" Serge asked.

"No."
Rosa said. The girls begun asking about the sofa and living room table which also got a no reply nor where Janice in the bathroom or under the sink.

(OOC: Just a heads up, I am going to visit my mother tomorrow so since I will be on a train all day and will be busy before I go I might be slow tomorrow and post a bit less the week I am spending at my mother's place, but I will try to post as much as possible.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:38 pm

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 2 in the afternoon.)

Well you where not exactly holding the woman's magick but you where giving her a bit of a struggle meaning she was not wasting energy on going on the offensive right now, your group rush the Nephandi though, and your oponent realizing this is serious,throw your spell to the side with enough force to throw you from your feet, her distraction have paied of though and you her screams and the sound of battle from the room outside the library, as the others have gone on a full on offensive against the Nephandi outside, but it was far from a easy fight and you saw one of the magi...Ryan back of with a bad burn on his shoulder and one of the werewolves where thrown though a fleshy wall.

(Please give me a initiative roll for Tane. Also he managed to distract the Nephanda for a while but she was just to powerful for him to hold.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:42 pm

"No."
Rosa said. The girls begun asking about the sofa and living room table which also got a no reply nor where Janice in the bathroom or under the sink.

Now Serge was stumped. He thought for a moment trying to think of where else Rosa could've hidden the tiny doll.

"Is Janice inside your closets?" he asked as he began to search Rosa's bed.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:42 pm

Now Serge was stumped. He thought for a moment trying to think of where else Rosa could've hidden the tiny doll.

"Is Janice inside your closets?" he asked as he began to search Rosa's bed.

Other than a romance novel named Fire at Sea there where nothing in Rosa's bed.
"No."
She said simply.
"Is Janice behind the TV ma'am?"
Jane asked and Rosa shook her head.
"No."
Liv pointed at the book shelf and Rosa shook her head again.
"No."
Cava smiled.
"Is she taped somewhere?"
She asked and Rosa replied.
"No."
Yu Die considered for a moment.
"Is the doll in the living room Miss?"
She asked and Rosa nodded.
"Yes."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:09 pm

[France, December 19th]
"A nasty topic indeed."
Kristina said.
"And I am only saying what was told to me, take it for what it is worth I am not expert on Avatars."
Colin nodded, "But it does sound accurate enough. Let us leave it at that."

"Thank you Mentor."
Anna said happily.
"I will remember what you said."
She assured you as she eagerly did her quick, elegant and gestures and then looked around with a content look on her face.
"I miss working magick freely, but at least you allow me this sometimes and allow me to work with Mr King and Nico and let loose in the ritual rooms at times, that makes it easier."
He nodded, "It's not healthy for you not to be able to breathe freely from time to time, much as some might think otherwise. So I will keep letting you have as much liberty as I think we can get away with... Perhaps in a couple of days I can let you cut loose for a little while."

"Which nurses, the ones I saved Casefrom or the ones who stuck my hand when I had been shot...both deserved it. Or the one at Morningstar that tried to give me a shot with something that would affect my brain, she said she it would."
Anna muttered and pouted, it was clear that the third one of the options still scared her.
"She really deserved it."
Kristina raised an eyebrow.
"Your apprentice have kicked allot of nurses."
She commented.
He chuckled, "Well, Case's nurses didn't quite deserve it so much... And yes, I suppose she has, but only in self defense, or defense of others. It might not have been the most right thing to do, but she certainly had some damn good reasons..."

"But the spider spirits are so cute...but yes I get your point...like Kyle being afraid of having his hands touched?"
Anna asked.
"Or like he told me that during his trial the Security Council restrained him with cuffs and he completely paniced?"
She asked. Drake sigh and nodded.
"A few years ago...when it was just me John William and Kristina living in this household with two abandoned Nosferatu boys we had taken in...the entire househld where taken captive by the Society of Leopold...I where the first to be...interogated, it was long, drawn out and involved a knife, when..they tired of torturing me I was returned to our cell and they tried to stake me again but...missed. Then in order to intimmidate us they opened the shutters of the cell...right before dawn. John William and the boys where staked and Kristina where...chained down, the sun slowly rose and I...where so...broken down from the torture I...saw what was happening but I could not...do anything I...if only I could have gotten up, freed the others but I..."
Drake looked down and formed fists of his hands.
"Kristina manged to get out of the bonds restraining her magick and saved us...me and John William where pretty badly burned but the boys they where young and...they burned to ash...we lost them and it was my fault for not being able to act...the torture had rendered me a sniveling fool...by the time I got to my senses the boys where dead and we where home...I..."
Kristina put a hand on Drake's shoulder and whispered.
"It is not your fault...no one blames you it is the damned Inquisition's fault they killed the boys not you!"
Drake nodded.
"Perhaps but that torture...those knives...well let us just say that I am painfully aware of every knife in this kitchen and I can sit here calmly only due to allot of work and great effort and yet I carry a stake on my person, just in case I need it...for self defense or...for myself if I am close to another episode of insanity...I should be more scared of it, a stake can seriously harm me, a knife can not, and yet I am more afraid of the kitchen tools than the stake in my coat pocket...phobias is not rational, nor something to be ashamed of."
He said and Anna looked down.
"I know Sir..."
She muttered softly.
He nodded, then frowned, "Hum, not every knife... if I'd known, I'd have left it in the luggage. I carry a small ritual blade; not sharp, frankly little more than a glorified silver letter opener, but... I don't expect to be needing it while here, so I'll put it away for the duration of the stay."
He grimaced, "The more I hear of the Society of Leopold, the less I like..."

Anna hugged you and nodded.
"I know Mentor but at the same time...I am ashamed that I am afraid of such...small things, and that I...can not get those screams out of my head and that I can't hate him...Gabriel, no matter what he was he was also my Mentor and I still love him...and I am ashamed of that."
She wept softly.
He smiled sadly, "He was the only father figure you had for seven years; of course you love him still. That part, I have no intention nor reason to change or take from you. In some ways, that's a strange pair of shoes for me to fill, and there's a lot of what he's done that I will have to undo, but I can't pretend he did not love and protect you like a father."

"Don¨t jinx it Mentor I don't want another tail."
The young mage joked and wiped her tears.
He chuckled, "Oh, now, but you would look so cute with a little prehensile possum tail, or perhaps a tufted lion's tail. Or maybe whiskers like a cat, as wide as your shoulders?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... I've got nothing on that front.' Nicole replied.

Adley's Post:

The large woman didn't look back; completely focused on the door, in a clear combat stance with the bashed-up rifle aiming at it. Which was perhaps a good thing.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:54 pm

Other than a romance novel named Fire at Sea there where nothing in Rosa's bed.
"No."
She said simply.
"Is Janice behind the TV ma'am?"
Jane asked and Rosa shook her head.
"No."
Liv pointed at the book shelf and Rosa shook her head again.
"No."
Cava smiled.
"Is she taped somewhere?"
She asked and Rosa replied.
"No."
Yu Die considered for a moment.
"Is the doll in the living room Miss?"
She asked and Rosa nodded.
"Yes."

"Bingo! We're one step closer." Serge said as he began to search the living room with the other girls, trying to find places where Janice could be hidden.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:44 pm

"Yeah...I guess you are right Sir." The young Verbena said, clearly more upset and scared for Bee by your unwillingness to answer, that could only mean it was really, really bad after all. "I hope it will not last long either...for Mr Woodhouse I mean.

Violet didn't seem too convinced but there wasn't much time to try to convince her and he didn't want to talk about Beatrice's near gilgul in the middle of a Labyrinth with Arn in such a state - after all, there wasn't a doubt that what was happening was terrible, if temporary. "We have to help keep hope alive where it exists, for him too as well as the rest of us. Just like this seemingly tiny light. I believe she will come through it all and I hope the same for him," he said, careful of names.

The mage with the trap simply shook his head slightly, his spell had been dealt with by whoever was on the other side of the door.

He gave a nod at that and put that out of his mind.

Jeffry shouted one command in Latin and from his hands flew a cow sized ball of white hot flame, the ball burst though the door and hopefully took out some of the enemies, you heard a woman scream hysterically out there, then it was on the rest of the group to take out the rest.

The whoosh of fire was followed by a panicked wail - the vampire, probably, perhaps she'd run off, or turn violent but he heard her and that made her easier to target...

// dex+wits=6+(1d10=4)= 10
ooc2: have a safe trip!

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:09 am

As the wolves entered and attacked, Tane too jumped into the frey with a mighty warcry, as his tatoos turned into scales of an armor. Tane activated the power of his sword and started to cover his allies and kill nephandi

(3 for Ini)
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:48 am

Colin nodded, "But it does sound accurate enough. Let us leave it at that."

Kristina just nodded at that.

He nodded, "It's not healthy for you not to be able to breathe freely from time to time, much as some might think otherwise. So I will keep letting you have as much liberty as I think we can get away with... Perhaps in a couple of days I can let you cut loose for a little while."

Anna cheered up at that.
"I would love that Mentor, magick is a part of me, it is what I am, when I do not use it and are kept from it I feel like I am deaf and blind."
The young mage muttered sadly.
"I know you let me have as much freedom as possible though Mentor, I know that but it is still frustrating at times."
She said and sigh.

He chuckled, "Well, Case's nurses didn't quite deserve it so much... And yes, I suppose she has, but only in self defense, or defense of others. It might not have been the most right thing to do, but she certainly had some damn good reasons..."

"Case's nurses still tried to drag her into a room to poke her with needles against her wish, they deserved it!"
Anna grubeled. Kristina gave a slight grin.
"Well at least the girl have some spirit in her."
She commented sounding amused.

He nodded, then frowned, "Hum, not every knife... if I'd known, I'd have left it in the luggage. I carry a small ritual blade; not sharp, frankly little more than a glorified silver letter opener, but... I don't expect to be needing it while here, so I'll put it away for the duration of the stay."

Drake gave you a slightly nervous look but he hid it well.
"That...is perfectly ok Mr Wainwright, I am better now and will not let such a fear win, and besides I know Kristina carry knives, Verbena allmost always do, they make me nervous but I will be fine, thank you for the offer though."
He said with a bit of a smile.

He grimaced, "The more I hear of the Society of Leopold, the less I like..."

"There is not much to like about them...though some of their ladies are quite charming...well when not busy torturing you and your allies that is."
Drake said with a big grin.
"Then again if you are going to get tortured it might as well be at the hand on a beautiful woman."

He smiled sadly, "He was the only father figure you had for seven years; of course you love him still. That part, I have no intention nor reason to change or take from you. In some ways, that's a strange pair of shoes for me to fill, and there's a lot of what he's done that I will have to undo, but I can't pretend he did not love and protect you like a father."

"He was a horrible person, I know that Mentor, but he cared for me and protected me, he was my first Mentor and I will never forget that, even if I hate what he did, and I can never fully forgive that he killed my mother, even if I do not really remember her very well."
Anna said sadly.
"I miss him you know...I can not help myself but miss him, and mourn for him."

He chuckled, "Oh, now, but you would look so cute with a little prehensile possum tail, or perhaps a tufted lion's tail. Or maybe whiskers like a cat, as wide as your shoulders?"

"I am Fallen I doubt those are the kinds of tails I would get!"
Anna said and griped at you. Drake gave a hearthy luagh.
"You know little lady one of our Clan get animal features like that, some of them are adorable...would would take your head of for implying that they are."

[Nicole and Adley] (Jeffry's strike team, Labyrinth at two in the afternoon.)

'Yeah... I've got nothing on that front.' Nicole replied.

"I and Mr Better might be able to do something there but having that gas released would be rather risky Miss Bouchard."
Antonio said and he glanced back at the still screaming Arn and he shuddered.

Violet didn't seem too convinced but there wasn't much time to try to convince her and he didn't want to talk about Beatrice's near gilgul in the middle of a Labyrinth with Arn in such a state - after all, there wasn't a doubt that what was happening was terrible, if temporary. "We have to help keep hope alive where it exists, for him too as well as the rest of us. Just like this seemingly tiny light. I believe she will come through it all and I hope the same for him," he said, careful of names.

The young Verbena looked at you for a while and then back at Arn and nodded.
"You are right Sir...right now we have to win this and then care for our wounded..."
She muttered but it was clear that Violet was sad, scared and overwealmed by all that had happened, she was just a teenager after all.

he large woman didn't look back; completely focused on the door, in a clear combat stance with the bashed-up rifle aiming at it. Which was perhaps a good thing.

The door blasted open and revealed three burned bodies on the ground, they where really just human shaped ash mounds, someone was running down a corridor screaming in terror, probably the vampiress, the bugs where gone for now, they had also been done in by Jeffry's fireball. Towards one side a woman stood holding some sort of spell that had protected her and a fairly young man from the flames, the woman where round, with a pretty face and long brown curls, the man was slender, he seamed to be Asian with short, black hair, both where dresses casually in jeans and a tshirt, while the woman held her protective magick going the man held up three more cannisters of the gas, tied together into a little cluster, and in the other he held a strip of paper with writing on it.
"Back of, or I will release the gas and cast a spell to have it swirled around this entire area!"
The man threathened.
"And yes if I die, my spell gets released, sure the gas will fuck with us as well, but we will be picked up by our allies, while you will be helpless in a Labyrinth and easy to pick of when reinforcements get here!"

The whoosh of fire was followed by a panicked wail - the vampire, probably, perhaps she'd run off, or turn violent but he heard her and that made her easier to target...

"He seam to be using magick similar to mine..."
Antonio muttered about the Asian man with the gas cannisters and the paper slip.
"If so I believe he is right killing him might set of his spell but if we can destroy his writing that might nullify it."
The Scribe muttered. The vampire where nowhere to be seen she had decided fuck this I am out of here when she saw Jeffry's fireball.

(OOC: I rolled to see if Gorgo would avoid the Red Fear from seeing Forces in action and botched, she is out of here. Oh and thank you.)

"Bingo! We're one step closer." Serge said as he began to search the living room with the other girls, trying to find places where Janice could be hidden.

You saw a bit of lady bug dress poking out frim behind one of the larger dolls that where still on the floor from the tea party, the doll had been hidden between and behind her larger friends.

As the wolves entered and attacked, Tane too jumped into the frey with a mighty warcry, as his tatoos turned into scales of an armor. Tane activated the power of his sword and started to cover his allies and kill nephandi

The room outside of the library, a rather large hall, where quite the mess, in the center of the room stood a tall, beautiful woman with Nordic features and long, red hair, she where wearing a simple, white dress and carried a rune carved staff, around here where around three dozen men that looked to be made from shadows, there where also around seven gunmen hiding behind an overtuned table, three more mages protected behind some shield who where flinging spells at your group from a corner and two very quick moving induviduals who could perhaps be vampires, the room was filled with screams and shorts of battle as your side, and the Nephandi forces clashed. What do you do?

(OOC: And of I go to the train.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:38 am

[France, December 19th]
Anna cheered up at that.
"I would love that Mentor, magick is a part of me, it is what I am, when I do not use it and are kept from it I feel like I am deaf and blind."
The young mage muttered sadly.
"I know you let me have as much freedom as possible though Mentor, I know that but it is still frustrating at times."
She said and sigh.
Colin nodded, "Who knows, we might be able to let you show off a little - harmlessly - to celebrate after the trial. Or we might have to demonstrate the control the collar gives me, which would mean for you to work up something me to cut it off... We might work out something nice for that."

"Case's nurses still tried to drag her into a room to poke her with needles against her wish, they deserved it!"
Anna grubeled. Kristina gave a slight grin.
"Well at least the girl have some spirit in her."
She commented sounding amused.
He chuckled, "Case's nurses were pressured by Case's mother; they didn't have a lot of wiggle room themselves - that's why I had you apologize to them, and not to her mother."
He nodded to Kristina, "The term 'sleeping dragon' has rarely been more accurate."

Drake gave you a slightly nervous look but he hid it well.
"That...is perfectly ok Mr Wainwright, I am better now and will not let such a fear win, and besides I know Kristina carry knives, Verbena allmost always do, they make me nervous but I will be fine, thank you for the offer though."
He said with a bit of a smile.
He nodded, "As i said, it's a ritual blade with no real edge - and I don't expect to need it while we're here. It's not a problem to leave it in the luggage."

"There is not much to like about them...though some of their ladies are quite charming...well when not busy torturing you and your allies that is."
Drake said with a big grin.
"Then again if you are going to get tortured it might as well be at the hand on a beautiful woman."
He smirked softly, "Ah, yes, you're ever the lovable rogue, charming the enemy's women out of their..."
He cast a sideways glance at Anna, catching himself, "...convictions."

"He was a horrible person, I know that Mentor, but he cared for me and protected me, he was my first Mentor and I will never forget that, even if I hate what he did, and I can never fully forgive that he killed my mother, even if I do not really remember her very well."
Anna said sadly.
"I miss him you know...I can not help myself but miss him, and mourn for him."
He nodded, "He died quickly, in battle. I think he would have wanted it that way..."

"I am Fallen I doubt those are the kinds of tails I would get!"
Anna said and griped at you. Drake gave a hearthy luagh.
"You know little lady one of our Clan get animal features like that, some of them are adorable...would would take your head of for implying that they are."
He arched an eyebrow, eyes glittering mischievously, "Oh, I'm sure we could get an aesthetic adjustment made to such a tail - probably easier than removing it, too. And less painful."

((OOC: Safe trip!))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:44 pm

Tane runs for the gunmen, and tried to get to their back to butcher them with his sword
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:08 pm

You saw a bit of lady bug dress poking out frim behind one of the larger dolls that where still on the floor from the tea party, the doll had been hidden between and behind her larger friends.

Despite seeing Janice poking out from between the larger dolls, Serge didn't immediately go and get her. He had already won once and he wanted the other girls to have a chance at winning and becoming the hider.

Instead he feigned ignorance, looking elsewhere and occasionally glancing at the larger dolls every once in a while hoping that the other girls would go and look over there.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Colin nodded, "Who knows, we might be able to let you show off a little - harmlessly - to celebrate after the trial. Or we might have to demonstrate the control the collar gives me, which would mean for you to work up something me to cut it off... We might work out something nice for that."

Anna frowned a bit.
"Having a spell just cut off can feel rather uncomfortable but yeah sure I will take it for the chance to stretch my spiritual muscles a little."
She said and smiled.
"Do you think I will be allowed to use magick like a regular apprentice when my trial is done Mentor?"
She asked hopefully.

He chuckled, "Case's nurses were pressured by Case's mother; they didn't have a lot of wiggle room themselves - that's why I had you apologize to them, and not to her mother."

"What they did was not right no matter how little wiggle room they had."
Anna pouted.
"There is nothing wrong with Case she is just different."

He nodded to Kristina, "The term 'sleeping dragon' has rarely been more accurate."

"Indeed she is..."
Kristina said sounding amused.

He smirked softly, "Ah, yes, you're ever the lovable rogue, charming the enemy's women out of their..."
He cast a sideways glance at Anna, catching himself, "...convictions."

"I grew up in a Labyrinth I had a penis growing out of my wall I doubt there is anything Mr Drake can say that can shock me."
Anna said and Drake chuckled.
"Yes...their convictions indeed my good man."
He said and grinned.

He nodded, "He died quickly, in battle. I think he would have wanted it that way..."

"Yes...that is the end he would have wanted."
Anna said and smiled sadly.
"Gabriel was a warrior, for whatever else he was, he was that."
She said softly.

He arched an eyebrow, eyes glittering mischievously, "Oh, I'm sure we could get an aesthetic adjustment made to such a tail - probably easier than removing it, too. And less painful."

"Humf...I want to be a powerful mage...I am not adorable!"
Anna declared her cheeks getting red and she griped at you.

Despite seeing Janice poking out from between the larger dolls, Serge didn't immediately go and get her. He had already won once and he wanted the other girls to have a chance at winning and becoming the hider.

Instead he feigned ignorance, looking elsewhere and occasionally glancing at the larger dolls every once in a while hoping that the other girls would go and look over there.

The girls kept looking around for the doll until Liv finally found Janice among her plastic and plush friends, happily she held the doll up.
"Well then it seams Liv wins this wound and are our new hider."
Rosa said and Jane translated.
"I guess we are heading out again then Cousin to let Liv hide the doll."
She said to you and headed towards the door.

Tane runs for the gunmen, and tried to get to their back to butcher them with his sword.

The gunmen where up against a wall behind a overturned table so getting at them from behind would be hard, and they would end up seeing you if you rushed towards them, but you could perhaps get to them if you tried to follow the flow of the battle to get to their barricade while they where busy with other oponents but even so while chances where you coudl take out one or two of them easy, not all of them before they could shoot you down, even with the protections your sword gave.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:26 pm

The girls kept looking around for the doll until Liv finally found Janice among her plastic and plush friends, happily she held the doll up.
"Well then it seams Liv wins this wound and are our new hider."
Rosa said and Jane translated.
"I guess we are heading out again then Cousin to let Liv hide the doll."
She said to you and headed towards the door.

"Nice find!" Serge said knowing full well Liv couldn't understand him. He gave her a thumb's up as a symbol of his praise.

"Alright, let's see where the latin sword girl will hide the doll." he said humorously as he followed everyone outside.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:38 pm

"Nice find!" Serge said knowing full well Liv couldn't understand him. He gave her a thumb's up as a symbol of his praise.

Jane translated your words for you and Liv gave you a proud smile.

"Alright, let's see where the latin sword girl will hide the doll." he said humorously as he followed everyone outside.

"She is Norwegian Sir, if she was Latin she would be Italian or Spanish or something, she speaks Latin though, as do I."
Jane said and smiled a little.
"Ehm...gorgive me it is not my place to correct you Sir."
The young Chorister said apologetically.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:56 pm

"She is Norwegian Sir, if she was Latin she would be Italian or Spanish or something, she speaks Latin though, as do I."
Jane said and smiled a little.
"Ehm...gorgive me it is not my place to correct you Sir."
The young Chorister said apologetically.

"Don't worry. I don't mind being corrected. If you didn't correct me how would I know when I was wrong?" Serge said with a smile.

"Let's let the Norwegian Sword girl hide Janice." he corrected as he followed the group outside and waited the appropriate amount of seconds before returning.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:02 pm

"Don't worry. I don't mind being corrected. If you didn't correct me how would I know when I was wrong?" Serge said with a smile.

"But you are older and more powerful than me Sir."
Jane said.
"I should respect you higher rank rank than me."
The little girl said and looked down.

"Let's let the Norwegian Sword girl hide Janice." he corrected as he followed the group outside and waited the appropriate amount of seconds before returning.

"Now you make it sound like she is a Viking Sir."
Yu Die said sounding amused.

The counting to one hundred in Latin was done and your group returned to Rosa's apartment, everything where in order in the apartment, Liv stood in the center of the room smiling.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:15 pm

"But you are older and more powerful than me Sir."
Jane said.
"I should respect you higher rank rank than me."
The little girl said and looked down.

"I don't worry about stuff like that." Serge said with a smile. "Respect is earned and I like believe that we're all equal. Just cause I'm older doesn't mean I deserve more respect than anyone else."

"Now you make it sound like she is a Viking Sir."
Yu Die said sounding amused.

"Damn. Liv the viking! That would be cool. We should make viking hats later." he mused.

The counting to one hundred in Latin was done and your group returned to Rosa's apartment, everything where in order in the apartment, Liv stood in the center of the room smiling.

It was only after seeing Liv in the center of the room did Serge realize how difficult it would be to ask Liv questions. He pulled out his phone and began translating random questions from english to latin.

"Quæ est in culina?" Serge asked pointing to the kitchen and hoping his words made any sort of sense.

Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:30 pm

"I don't worry about stuff like that." Serge said with a smile. "Respect is earned and I like believe that we're all equal. Just cause I'm older doesn't mean I deserve more respect than anyone else."

"If I disrespected and older and more powerful mage my Mentor could be punished for it, but if you say it is ok Sir then I guess that it is. But you have earned respect Sir you are very nice."
Jane said and smiled.

"Damn. Liv the viking! That would be cool. We should make viking hats later." he mused.

"Vikings had hats Sir?"
Cava asked.
"What sorts of hats did they have?"

It was only after seeing Liv in the center of the room did Serge realize how difficult it would be to ask Liv questions. He pulled out his phone and began translating random questions from english to latin.

"Quæ est in culina?" Serge asked pointing to the kitchen and hoping his words made any sort of sense.

"Non est."
Liv said and shook her head.
"I can translate for you Sir."
Jane offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next