Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 10 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Tane Karyak Tue May 15, 2018 5:03 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 2 in the afternoon.)

Tane nodded, and went with him
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 10 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 15, 2018 6:20 am

"I understand, well Miss Larson collapsed probably due to loosing her twin soul and unless you have advanced medical skill and accsess to hospital equipment there is not much you can do Mr Yager."
Richard said.
"I will do what I can for Miss Larson and if we get her to the hospital quickly enough we might be able to save her life."

"I see..." Serge said sadly taking a small glance at Hannah and wondering if he believed hard enough he would be able to will medical skills straight into his brain.

"Well I shouldn't get in your way. Thanks for letting me know what happened." he said as he turned and went back towards the make shift infirmary.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 15, 2018 8:31 am

[Adley and Nicole] (Jeffry's strike team at the Labyrinth, 3 in the afternoon)

"Right, hang on a sec," he said. "Just want to confirm."

"Ok, I will wait."
Narim confirmed.

Even if things were bad, for some reason him thinking about the fish and how to teleport them made him almost smile. "Well, these people will need a delicate move too some are in very bad shape, so that should be good."

"I...can imagine how badly the Nephandi have treated them. I will make sure they are gently delivered to the make shift infirmary."
Narim said.
"And as for the vampire my bathroom should be dark enough I will put her there it is warmer and more comfortable than the basement."

Into the phone, he requested, "Is it possible for you or someone to do a scan of the ship for life for pets and people and vampire prisoners so that we don't miss anyone? We are going to all evacuate now, asap since the ship is going into Deep Umbra and we need to know if there are others we missed besides our teams."

"I can do that, one moment white I write the program...I can piggy back on the phone call."
You hear Narim's fingers quickly tapping on his coputer.
"Let me see I can use this code and then make a few changes here and here...ok...scannng now...no there are no life forms other than humans and some werecreaturs with one of our teams and Mundi of course...and the vampire with you and two small life forms I assume are the fish other than that it is just the ship itself and plants."

He didn't look surprised but he did look upset and sad though he was very relieved to hear that Colin wasn't Fallen and that showed. Worry crept back into his expression immediately at hearing he was injured. "I see. That is definitely not the best news to hear...Then are we going to go to join the caul's team, to help evacuate him? Or are we going with these people here or out a portal?" he asked, since he still had to tell Narim how many groups to teleport. He supposed part of it might depend if they had to do a sweep of the ship to get stragglers.

"It is not good now."
Darrian said and frowned deeply.
"No we might as well teleport out if that do not strain the Deacon more, the groups in the Caul chamber will be heading out now anyway. And as for your Cabalmate he was teleported away right before a rather upset Senior Quesitor who wanted to arrest him's nose."
The Solificato said.
"I suspect by the Handler he have befriended."
Then he added.
"Is there any pets or prisoners we need to pick up."

He listened enough to realise that Thorn, Nicole and Violet and the Technocrat were going on their own, through the portal. "Looks like we won't need to worry about dropping the 'crat off, a team will take them," he updated Narim.

"Very well...is everything ok with Mr Wainwright...I am sorry but I heard some of what was said over the phone."
Narim said and he sounded worried then you heard desperate knocking on Narim's door.
"Sorry...someone is at the door...one moment please."
He said and you heard Narim get up and go to the door and open it. You heard the voice of Bee's relative Bianca.
"Master Sharaya it is Hannah she have collapsed she have to get to the hospital fast Dr Lee says he can't heal her...can you get her there?"
The hedge wizard said.
"I can but I need to get someone out of the Labyrinth first in case the Paradox of sending someone to a hospital will...make working dificult."
He agreed then he spoke to you.
"It seams we have to move quickly Adley..."

'We at least know that route.' Nicole replied to Thorn, once bidding everyone else farewell and moving down the corridor. 'But no relaxing or nothing... might be walking out of the wood, but not left it yet.' rifle at the ready.

"Agreed and while that Crat seams pretty weakened and beaten I would not want to relax around him either."
Thorn said as he walked beside you keeping his eyes open.
"It is strange to think about that perhaps in a few weeks he will be trying to kill us."
Violet said as she glanced at the rather weak and beaten Technocrat.

[Colin] (Talking with Dalisse and Heather in the Labyrinth at 3 in the afternoon)

Colin inclined his head to the side, "Then we shall have to disagree. It is in any case a minor point."

"It is not a minor pint if you are a Nephandus Mr Wainwright but I guess it will all come into the light during your trial."
Vittoria said sourly.

He nodded, "Of course, Sir. I shall report in as soon as we return to the Chantry."

"That is acceptable Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He nodded, "It does have advantages, though a thorough soul-scrubbing will be needed."

"A soul scrubbing sounds quite painful Sir."
Heather said and she sounded concerned for you.
"Well I do bathe, Italia was one of the places to first accept general cleanliness, we are not french after all."
Mia commented from your soul.

He nodded, "I expect most of our people will be quite reasonable about their priorities, as such."

"I certinly hope you are right Colin."
Dalisse said ut she sounded a little worried.

He grinned, "The pretty fish lady who taught me Hermetic secrets? Of course I will remember you fondly. And the big, lovable beastie of a ship. Until we meet again, somewhere in the Deep."

That made Dalisse smile a little.
"Unthil then Colin be safe on your travels...ah the ship says goodbye as well, or rather he is concerned tha t pods should not enter physical reality, he still think you are a baby of his kind after all, but I am sure he would wish you well if he could understand."

He nodded, "The corridor outside this chamber was filled with carbon monoxide - as a precaution in case the Fallen figured out who was interfering with Larson's plans. Anyone trying to gain entry would quite quickly pass out from the invisible killer... at which point we would be able to retrieve, restrain and resuscitate them, knowing to hold our breath in the process. Fortunately, it did not prove necessary, but better safe than sorry."

"That is a pretty clevar trap Sir and I agree better safe than sorry I am glad it did not prove needed."
Heather said as she hurried down the corridor by your side.

He started leading the way, down the maze of twisty passages, all alike, only briefly pausing to smile and wave at an eyeball in passing until he reached the exit and strode out, taking Heather's hand as he looked for the shuttle.

Doors opened in the ends of the laberynthine corridors, showing the way, the only difference between the hallways was what organs where on the walls, how many eyes and how many door. You reached the end of the corridors and a side door opened into an air lock and then into the Umbra itself, you saw the shuttle parked at the foot of a twisted old building some ways from the ship. Heather looked around.
"Is that the ship Sir?"
She asked.

(OOC: Vittoria is not fond of Colin not even a little bit and she is going to do her best to make life difficult for him.)

(OOC 2: That sounds like a fun game.)

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3 in the afternoon.)

"I see..." Serge said sadly taking a small glance at Hannah and wondering if he believed hard enough he would be able to will medical skills straight into his brain.

Richard had stopped listening and he was focus on saving Hannah.

"Well I shouldn't get in your way. Thanks for letting me know what happened." he said as he turned and went back towards the make shift infirmary.

"Humm..."
Was all Richard said as he was rather focused on what he was doing. You got back up to the infirmary, Allison where folding some sheets when you entered the area.
"Did you find out what is happening Mr Yager?"
She asked and she looked over at you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 15, 2018 8:37 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 2 in the afternoon.)

You moved through the winding corridors filled with organs and twisted versions of human organs, then you good to a large chamber between two double doors made of bone, most of the rest of the strike teams where there and clearly you where seeing the remains of a great battle, the Caul where gone, some magi where working on covering up the dead and tending to the wounded. You saw Jeffry in the middle of the room giving orders, he nodded to Alphonse when he saw him.
"Did it go well Sodalis?"
He asked and Alphonse nodded.
"It did we got the trap maker, the Fallen Hagalaz woman."
He declared and Jeffry nodded.
"Good I would not have liked to know she escaped, any casualties?"
He asked and Alphone nodded.
"Some of the werewolves."
Jeffry nodded.
"May they rest in peace, we need to get ready to evacuate the ship have started moving."
He declared and Alphonse nodded again.

Dino stepped up.
"Me and mine are going to go back and collect our dead then."
The werewolf declared and Alphone nodded.
"Vert well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 15, 2018 9:04 am

"Humm..."
Was all Richard said as he was rather focused on what he was doing. You got back up to the infirmary, Allison where folding some sheets when you entered the area.
"Did you find out what is happening Mr Yager?"
She asked and she looked over at you.

"Yeah, apparently something happened in the Labyrinth and it was connected to Hannah. I think a caul that used to be her twin brother got destroyed or something like that. And you know how twins have that whole connection thing going on? So when her 'brother' fell so did she." Serge said giving a very brief description of what he learned.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 15, 2018 9:19 am

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3 in the afternoon.)

"I see, well it is doubtful it is due to her being a twin, it is more likely it is due to her being a twin soul, not that I have been told if she is but what you describe can sound like that. A twin soul is when an Awakened mage is cojoined in the soul. You know cojoined twins? Born with their bodies grown together? It is the same way with twin souls only it is their Avatars that are cojoined and not their bodies, such twin souls can be actual sublings and often are but they can also be born a world apart, and when one twin soul die often the other one do as well."
Allison explained.
"Regardless it is very sad but I hope Miss Larson will pull through."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 15, 2018 9:26 am

[Dalisse's Chambers, 3PM]
"It is not a minor pint if you are a Nephandus Mr Wainwright but I guess it will all come into the light during your trial."
Vittoria said sourly.
Colin nodded, "Indeed; I expect that all will be revealed soon, for all to see."

"That is acceptable Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said and nodded.
He saluted crisply, "Oh, and the pilot you hired for me suggested to call his Chantry, should we need more infirmary beds; they have six beds available, obviously with priority for any casualties they themselves have suffered."

"A soul scrubbing sounds quite painful Sir."
Heather said and she sounded concerned for you.
"Well I do bathe, Italia was one of the places to first accept general cleanliness, we are not french after all."
Mia commented from your soul.
He blinked slowly, then started laughing, briefly having to lean on something to avoid falling over, "Pardon me, yes, quite painful... haa... sorry, my Avatar made a sharp remark about the hygiene of the French; caught me a bit by surprise..."

"I certinly hope you are right Colin."
Dalisse said ut she sounded a little worried.
He smiled thinly, "The ones with operational command, at least, should have things in order so nobody gets left behind. I did warn them you would cast off immediately, after all."

That made Dalisse smile a little.
"Unthil then Colin be safe on your travels...ah the ship says goodbye as well, or rather he is concerned tha t pods should not enter physical reality, he still think you are a baby of his kind after all, but I am sure he would wish you well if he could understand."
He grinned, "Aww, he's worried about me... Well, let him know I have a... safe nest to grow in there."

"That is a pretty clevar trap Sir and I agree better safe than sorry I am glad it did not prove needed."
Heather said as she hurried down the corridor by your side.
He nodded, "It's a nasty trick, as such - odourless, tasteless and painless."

Doors opened in the ends of the laberynthine corridors, showing the way, the only difference between the hallways was what organs where on the walls, how many eyes and how many door. You reached the end of the corridors and a side door opened into an air lock and then into the Umbra itself, you saw the shuttle parked at the foot of a twisted old building some ways from the ship. Heather looked around.
"Is that the ship Sir?"
She asked.
He nodded, reaching up to help Heather down to the ground, "That's the shuttle, property of Jeffry Morgan, Security Chief of Steelhaven Hall. A recent inheritance, obviously."

((OOC: Yes, well, we'll just have to make sure everything Vittoria tries comes back to bite her posterior. It'll be fun, I'm sure. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 15, 2018 9:33 am

"I see, well it is doubtful it is due to her being a twin, it is more likely it is due to her being a twin soul, not that I have been told if she is but what you describe can sound like that. A twin soul is when an Awakened mage is cojoined in the soul. You know cojoined twins? Born with their bodies grown together? It is the same way with twin souls only it is their Avatars that are cojoined and not their bodies, such twin souls can be actual sublings and often are but they can also be born a world apart, and when one twin soul die often the other one do as well."
Allison explained.
"Regardless it is very sad but I hope Miss Larson will pull through."

"Oh wait. I think your right. Dr. Lee might've mentioned that. That their Avatar's were conjoined." Serge said remembering Dr. Lee's exact words. "That's freaky. Conjoined Avatars."

"Anyways I'm sure Hannah will pull through all right." Serge said reassuringly "She was already getting a little bit better by the time I left.".
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 15, 2018 11:32 am

Anja's Post:

'I'm going to assume he's not a complete idiot and decide to kill himself via my bullet or boot.' Nicole replied, starting down the hall where they'd come through earlier. 'Oh... does anyone have a decentish strip of fabric or anything on them?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 15, 2018 11:42 am

[Colin] (Talking with Dalisse and Heather in the Labyrinth at 3 in the afternoon)

Colin nodded, "Indeed; I expect that all will be revealed soon, for all to see."

"Indeed the trutth will come forward Mr Wainwright you can be sure of that."
Vittoria said steel in her voice.

He saluted crisply, "Oh, and the pilot you hired for me suggested to call his Chantry, should we need more infirmary beds; they have six beds available, obviously with priority for any casualties they themselves have suffered."

Jeffry nodded at that.
"Good we might definitively need to take them up on their offer, please thank your ride for me."
He said.

He blinked slowly, then started laughing, briefly having to lean on something to avoid falling over, "Pardon me, yes, quite painful... haa... sorry, my Avatar made a sharp remark about the hygiene of the French; caught me a bit by surprise..."

Heather looked at you looked rather confused.
"Forgive me Sir I do not really understand."
The young Cultist said.
"The French?"

He smiled thinly, "The ones with operational command, at least, should have things in order so nobody gets left behind. I did warn them you would cast off immediately, after all."

Dalisse nodded at that.
"Good I will give them as much time as I can, but when my ship is done with checking all his engines I will teleport the rest of them out and leave, those I can not break through the wards of will then be a my ship's mercy."

He grinned, "Aww, he's worried about me... Well, let him know I have a... safe nest to grow in there."

"I have told him, but all he show me are the Deep he things pods should grow near the Horizon but still in the Deep Umbra."
Dalisse said and smiled a little.
"A forgive me he just do not understand."

He nodded, "It's a nasty trick, as such - odourless, tasteless and painless."

"There are worse way to die in a war."
Heather muttered.
"But it is spooky non the less Sir."

He nodded, reaching up to help Heather down to the ground, "That's the shuttle, property of Jeffry Morgan, Security Chief of Steelhaven Hall. A recent inheritance, obviously."

You could see the polyp's engines warming up and he was of the ground now as he was preparing his systems to leave. You helped Heather down onto the ground.
"It is a nice shuttle Sir...by the way do you think Lady Dalisse and her ship will be ok by the way?"

"Oh wait. I think your right. Dr. Lee might've mentioned that. That their Avatar's were conjoined." Serge said remembering Dr. Lee's exact words. "That's freaky. Conjoined Avatars."

"Perhaps it is as you say freaky Mr Yager but I hear it can also be a great strength to ahve someone who you are that close to and can work magick with that effortlessly."
Allison said.

"Anyways I'm sure Hannah will pull through all right." Serge said reassuringly "She was already getting a little bit better by the time I left.".

"That is good to hear Sir. I hope the young woman will make it."
She said as she put the sheets away in a cabinet.

'I'm going to assume he's not a complete idiot and decide to kill himself via my bullet or boot.' Nicole replied, starting down the hall where they'd come through earlier. 'Oh... does anyone have a decentish strip of fabric or anything on them?'

"I have no interest in running or causing trouble since you are letting me go what would I earn on that."
The Technocrat said in a tired tone of voice.
"I just want to go home."

Violet nodded.
"I have a large hankerchied Ma'am and my athame is wrapped in a piece of black silk in my pocket, would any of those do?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 15, 2018 11:46 am

'Large enough to blindfold the guy?' Nicole asked, not looking at Violet.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 15, 2018 11:58 am

"I will not let anyone touch my head ever again!"
The Technocrat yelle now suddenly scared and he backed away a little. Thorn put a hand gently on his shoulder.
"Shh settle down please we are not going to har you."
He said then he turned to you.
"What would be the point of it since we bring him to the Umbra docks before going to any of the Chantries and he have already seen us, is there a point in scaring him further? You saw the state of those taken out of that lab enemy or not this man is traumatized."
The healer challanged.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 15, 2018 12:17 pm

"Perhaps it is as you say freaky Mr Yager but I hear it can also be a great strength to have someone who you are that close to and can work magick with that effortlessly."
Allison said.

"That's one way of looking at it." Serge said with a nod. "Conjoined Avatar or not, having a someone your close too can be amazing. Worth all the risks that it comes with."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 15, 2018 12:24 pm

'Has not seen the car we will be travelling in.' Nicole replied, a little sourly - why hadn't the guy been blindfolded beforehand?
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 15, 2018 12:38 pm

"Indeed the trutth will come forward Mr Wainwright you can be sure of that."
Vittoria said steel in her voice.
Colin smiled confidently, "Ah, interesting times to be alive."

Jeffry nodded at that.
"Good we might definitively need to take them up on their offer, please thank your ride for me."
He said.
He nodded, "Will do. Ah, i promised him a drink after, too. Might have to postpone that a little, depending on the investigation; wouldn't do to meet Master Tolle with gin on my breath."

Heather looked at you looked rather confused.
"Forgive me Sir I do not really understand."
The young Cultist said.
"The French?"
He shook his head, "It is quite a complicated matter, and one which might be troublesome if you learned all of... Suffice it to say she's an opinionated lady, and I would not have it any other way."

Dalisse nodded at that.
"Good I will give them as much time as I can, but when my ship is done with checking all his engines I will teleport the rest of them out and leave, those I can not break through the wards of will then be a my ship's mercy."
He nodded, "I hope to see them all later on, then. Even the Italian."

"I have told him, but all he show me are the Deep he things pods should grow near the Horizon but still in the Deep Umbra."
Dalisse said and smiled a little.
"A forgive me he just do not understand."
He nodded, then paused, "Hum... it occurs to me that the Traditions might benefit from befriending those pods, too - might put us on something closer to equal footing with the Fallen in terms of Deep Umbral exploration and combat. Though the cost to those who might become Handlers would be... probably a little too steep for most. But we do have people bonded with their ship even now, though for different reasons and by different means. Long story, and I'm not at full liberty to discuss it in any case."

"There are worse way to die in a war."
Heather muttered.
"But it is spooky non the less Sir."
He nodded, frowning, "Monoxide poisoning is not a common death in war. Far too common in peaceful environments, such as in a house where there's a fire in the fireplace, or they're cooking with gas, and they're not aware there's something blocking ventilation... I believe there's something in the range of hundreds of fatalities annually due to such things, mostly in the winter months..."

You could see the polyp's engines warming up and he was of the ground now as he was preparing his systems to leave. You helped Heather down onto the ground.
"It is a nice shuttle Sir...by the way do you think Lady Dalisse and her ship will be ok by the way?"
He smiled, "The shuttle is cozy, yes. And i think Lady Dalisse will be just fine; she's managed to stay alive in all sorts of adverse conditions for twelve hundred years, and even suffered during the Schism War before escaping... She may be delicate, but she's surprisingly robust, too."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 15, 2018 3:06 pm

Colin smiled confidently, "Ah, interesting times to be alive."

"It seams so indeed."
Vittoria said darkly.

He nodded, "Will do. Ah, i promised him a drink after, too. Might have to postpone that a little, depending on the investigation; wouldn't do to meet Master Tolle with gin on my breath."

"As it is not illegal for a Traditionalist to drink I doubt Master Tolle would much care Mr Wainwright but he might decided you where not able to give legal consent to an examination, throw it out and demand another one be performed when you where sober."
Jeffry said and raised an eyebrow.

He shook his head, "It is quite a complicated matter, and one which might be troublesome if you learned all of... Suffice it to say she's an opinionated lady, and I would not have it any other way."

"Ah I understand Sir I will not inquire further."
Hannah said. You felt Mia being rather content with your answer.

He nodded, "I hope to see them all later on, then. Even the Italian."

"I do hope so as well Colin, and I will make sure they all make it out alive, if I can."
Dalisse promised.

He nodded, then paused, "Hum... it occurs to me that the Traditions might benefit from befriending those pods, too - might put us on something closer to equal footing with the Fallen in terms of Deep Umbral exploration and combat. Though the cost to those who might become Handlers would be... probably a little too steep for most. But we do have people bonded with their ship even now, though for different reasons and by different means. Long story, and I'm not at full liberty to discuss it in any case."

"The great Umbra polyps are the mainfestations of decaying flesh, they are Entropic in nature and so the Nephandi gravitate towards them but they are not corrupted from birth. If you find a pod you might be able to befriend it, though the adults live so far in the Deep they are seldom seen by others than the Fallen."
Dalisse said.
"And yes becoming as I am is a great sacrifice but it is also rewarding, it is a beautiful bond, as for what you hinted at, now that is interesting perhaps I will one day encounter this ship."

He nodded, frowning, "Monoxide poisoning is not a common death in war. Far too common in peaceful environments, such as in a house where there's a fire in the fireplace, or they're cooking with gas, and they're not aware there's something blocking ventilation... I believe there's something in the range of hundreds of fatalities annually due to such things, mostly in the winter months..."

"This is true Sir, I was more commenting that while I do not desire to die in combat I would rather die from monoxide posioning and just fall asleep and drift away than be shot and left to die for example."
Heather said and nodded.

He smiled, "The shuttle is cozy, yes. And i think Lady Dalisse will be just fine; she's managed to stay alive in all sorts of adverse conditions for twelve hundred years, and even suffered during the Schism War before escaping... She may be delicate, but she's surprisingly robust, too."

"She have an impressive age, and she was part of the Schism War? Was that not the civil war in the Order of Hermes I think I have heard about it Sir."
Heather said and nodded. You saw that Rodger had opened the shuttle door.
"Yes she looks like she would break if you toch her to roughly but she is quite amazing."
The young Cultist agreed.

'Has not seen the car we will be travelling in.' Nicole replied, a little sourly - why hadn't the guy been blindfolded beforehand?

"This is a valid point Miss, however if he panics while you try to blind fold him by force that is going to take allot more time, also trying to guide a bound and bildfolded man over an uneven floor and make sure he do not fall and injure himself will also slow us down."
Thorn said and he raised and eyebrow.

"That's one way of looking at it." Serge said with a nod. "Conjoined Avatar or not, having a someone your close too can be amazing. Worth all the risks that it comes with."

"That is very true Mr Yager."
Allison said and smiled, she sat down by the beside of a man who just lay where looking at the roof as she checked his temperature.
"Having someone to be close to is indeed valuable."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 15, 2018 3:37 pm

"As it is not illegal for a Traditionalist to drink I doubt Master Tolle would much care Mr Wainwright but he might decided you where not able to give legal consent to an examination, throw it out and demand another one be performed when you where sober."
Jeffry said and raised an eyebrow.
Colin nodded, "Quite, and I'm afraid that when I start drinking tonight - when, not if - I'm going to render myself quite incapable. It has been an unusually rough week, and while it's not a generally advisable course of action, I do believe I need it tonight."

"I do hope so as well Colin, and I will make sure they all make it out alive, if I can."
Dalisse promised.
He nodded, "I will leave it in your capable hands, then."

"The great Umbra polyps are the mainfestations of decaying flesh, they are Entropic in nature and so the Nephandi gravitate towards them but they are not corrupted from birth. If you find a pod you might be able to befriend it, though the adults live so far in the Deep they are seldom seen by others than the Fallen."
Dalisse said.
"And yes becoming as I am is a great sacrifice but it is also rewarding, it is a beautiful bond, as for what you hinted at, now that is interesting perhaps I will one day encounter this ship."
He smiled, "The ship in question is a marvel of engineering; beautiful in the light of Horizon's two suns. Can't wait to see it in the proper continuity. Hopefully, there won't be a violent misunderstanding if you meet."

"This is true Sir, I was more commenting that while I do not desire to die in combat I would rather die from monoxide posioning and just fall asleep and drift away than be shot and left to die for example."
Heather said and nodded.
He shrugged, "The advantage of being shot and left to die is that humans are stubborn as all hell, and you might be found before it's too late. Monoxide poisoning might endanger the ones who first find you, too..."

"She have an impressive age, and she was part of the Schism War? Was that not the civil war in the Order of Hermes I think I have heard about it Sir."
Heather said and nodded. You saw that Rodger had opened the shuttle door.
"Yes she looks like she would break if you toch her to roughly but she is quite amazing."
The young Cultist agreed.
He nodded as he helped her on board, "Yes, about a thousand years ago; the Tremere manipulated the other Houses into turning on Diedne... they tried to create an internal foe for the Order of Hermes to fully unite against. Then, some time later, House Tremere fell to vampirism, and the other Houses cast them out and tried to eradicate them... The Diedne later formed the Verbena."
He followed Heather into the shuttle and closed the hatch behind him, "Right, then, I'll make the introductions."
He stuck his head into the cockpit, "Hello again; we've got a second passenger on the trip to Chicago; a kidnapping victim we managed to extricate from a sticky situation in Gary. Her name is Heather Wellspring, a Hagalaz Cultist, and she's... not particularly outspoken, I'm afraid."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 15, 2018 5:30 pm

Colin nodded, "Quite, and I'm afraid that when I start drinking tonight - when, not if - I'm going to render myself quite incapable. It has been an unusually rough week, and while it's not a generally advisable course of action, I do believe I need it tonight."

"I think we will be having quite a few drunk Chantry members tonight Mr Wainwright, and while I can not render myself incapable partly due to so many of the rest needes such diversion and the Chantry will need my protection, I am going to allow myself a rather stiff drink when we get back to Steelhaven...perhaps two."
Jeffry said and looked at the dead magi covered by sheets.
"And our own Chantry did not suffer the brunt of it either but yes it have been a rough week."

He nodded, "I will leave it in your capable hands, then."

Dalisse just nodded at that.

He smiled, "The ship in question is a marvel of engineering; beautiful in the light of Horizon's two suns. Can't wait to see it in the proper continuity. Hopefully, there won't be a violent misunderstanding if you meet."

"I see well that do sound marvelous Colin. I will hope the same then that I will not end up in a violent conflict with this marvel."
The Handler agreed.

He shrugged, "The advantage of being shot and left to die is that humans are stubborn as all hell, and you might be found before it's too late. Monoxide poisoning might endanger the ones who first find you, too..."

"Well yes you do have a very good point there Sir."
Heather said and frowned.
"I better hope not to suffer any of those two fates then."

He nodded as he helped her on board, "Yes, about a thousand years ago; the Tremere manipulated the other Houses into turning on Diedne... they tried to create an internal foe for the Order of Hermes to fully unite against. Then, some time later, House Tremere fell to vampirism, and the other Houses cast them out and tried to eradicate them... The Diedne later formed the Verbena."

"It sounds like that whole story are a tragedy from one end to the other Sir."
Heather said.
"Both for the Diedne that was conspired against in such a way and later for the Tremere, one could call it poetic justice but their fates where just to cruel, vampirism I hear...is bad. Lavender used to hold a poor vampire captive, one of the Etherites would experiment on her, I was forbidden from even going near that room."

He followed Heather into the shuttle and closed the hatch behind him, "Right, then, I'll make the introductions."
He stuck his head into the cockpit, "Hello again; we've got a second passenger on the trip to Chicago; a kidnapping victim we managed to extricate from a sticky situation in Gary. Her name is Heather Wellspring, a Hagalaz Cultist, and she's... not particularly outspoken, I'm afraid."

Rodger stood and put is flask back into his pocket and pushed his goggels down to hang around his neck before he tipped his hat to Heather and bowed deeply.
"Rodger Tasselwell bani Sons of Ether at your service madame Wellspring."
He said and heather smiled a little and curtsy.
"Very nice to meet you Mr Tasselwell."
She said. Rodger turned to you.
"Well we should be off then, where to in Chicago Mr Wainwright...ah and if you help the young madame buckle in I will show you a bit more of the controls as we take of."
He offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 15, 2018 5:34 pm

"That is very true Mr Yager."
Allison said and smiled, she sat down by the beside of a man who just lay where looking at the roof as she checked his temperature.
"Having someone to be close to is indeed valuable."

Serge nodded in agreement. Seeing her taking care of the man, Serge began to look around the infirmary to see the general state of it once again and see if their was anymore he could do to help.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue May 15, 2018 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 15, 2018 5:44 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers etc., 3PM]
"I think we will be having quite a few drunk Chantry members tonight Mr Wainwright, and while I can not render myself incapable partly due to so many of the rest needes such diversion and the Chantry will need my protection, I am going to allow myself a rather stiff drink when we get back to Steelhaven...perhaps two."
Jeffry said and looked at the dead magi covered by sheets.
"And our own Chantry did not suffer the brunt of it either but yes it have been a rough week."
Colin nodded, looking at the covered Magi, "Yes... had I had any indication of that... thing coming out of the Caul sooner, I would have made my move sooner, as well... might've been able to save a few more people, at least... Whichever Chantries lost members today, we are all diminished... And we'll all mourn them."

"I see well that do sound marvelous Colin. I will hope the same then that I will not end up in a violent conflict with this marvel."
The Handler agreed.
He smiled, "I'll see if I can convince the captain of that vessel to scan any polyps he encounters for corruption before firing... at least that should lower the risk ever so slightly."

"Well yes you do have a very good point there Sir."
Heather said and frowned.
"I better hope not to suffer any of those two fates then."
He nodded, "That would indeed be best..."

"It sounds like that whole story are a tragedy from one end to the other Sir."
Heather said.
"Both for the Diedne that was conspired against in such a way and later for the Tremere, one could call it poetic justice but their fates where just to cruel, vampirism I hear...is bad. Lavender used to hold a poor vampire captive, one of the Etherites would experiment on her, I was forbidden from even going near that room."
He nodded, "A great shame, and a blot on the honour of the Hermetic Order, all centered around a brilliant Mage who fell prey to hubris and fear of death..."
He frowned, "If that's the vampire I think it was, then it's a good thing you were kept away. Seeing the poor woman in the state we recovered her in was... well, it would be heartbreaking to say the least. I don't rightly know if she will ever be quite right in the head again..."

Rodger stood and put is flask back into his pocket and pushed his goggels down to hang around his neck before he tipped his hat to Heather and bowed deeply.
"Rodger Tasselwell bani Sons of Ether at your service madame Wellspring."
He said and heather smiled a little and curtsy.
"Very nice to meet you Mr Tasselwell."
She said. Rodger turned to you.
"Well we should be off then, where to in Chicago Mr Wainwright...ah and if you help the young madame buckle in I will show you a bit more of the controls as we take of."
He offered.
He saluted crisply, "Yes, Sir, right away. You are familiar with the little Umbral Dock in Chicago? The one atop the office building?"
He led Heather to a sufficiently clean seat and helped her with the seatbelts, "Now, getting a cab to Morningstar and back should be relatively easy, I believe. I need to make a phone call, too..."
He fished out his phone and called Adley, "Amicus, you had best be evacuating the ship now..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 15, 2018 7:26 pm

[Colin] (In the Chief's Umbral shuttle at 3:30 in the afternoon)

Colin nodded, looking at the covered Magi, "Yes... had I had any indication of that... thing coming out of the Caul sooner, I would have made my move sooner, as well... might've been able to save a few more people, at least... Whichever Chantries lost members today, we are all diminished... And we'll all mourn them."

"We all have 20 20 hindsight Mr Wainwright and we all did what we could, with what information we had, no one is to blame but the Nephandi but yes we have lost members of our Tribunal and we are all diminished and once we are out of here there will be time to mourn those who have fallen and care for the survivors, this could have gone allot worse but knowing that do not make their loss any easier, I knew everyone we lost today, some of them I have seen grow since they where kids playing at their Mentor's feet, but they died protecting us all and will be honored for their sacrifice."
Jeffry said solemnly.

He smiled, "I'll see if I can convince the captain of that vessel to scan any polyps he encounters for corruption before firing... at least that should lower the risk ever so slightly."

"I appriciate that Colin thank you i would not want to end up in any conflict and I do not want either my ship getting hurt or hurting anyone else."
Dalisse said and smiled.

He nodded, "That would indeed be best..."

Heather smiled a little at that.

He nodded, "A great shame, and a blot on the honour of the Hermetic Order, all centered around a brilliant Mage who fell prey to hubris and fear of death..."

"The leader of House Tremere Sir? Are he the one who let the House fall to vampirism? But why would he do that I mean the first couple of magi turnd it would be clearn what devestating effect it have on us, my Mistress say that becoming a vampire can kill our Avatars, who would want that Sir? I would die to protect mine."

He frowned, "If that's the vampire I think it was, then it's a good thing you were kept away. Seeing the poor woman in the state we recovered her in was... well, it would be heartbreaking to say the least. I don't rightly know if she will ever be quite right in the head again..."

Heather looked down.
"Yeah we have a pretty scary member of our Chantry Sir, Dr Jospehine Heliot she...well it is not my place to say but she is the one who experimented on the vampire...and on her own apprentice..."
She muttered and looked down.
"Will that vampire be taken care of Sir if she is...that traumatized then just putting her on the street will...not work plain and simple...what is going to happen to her?"

He saluted crisply, "Yes, Sir, right away. You are familiar with the little Umbral Dock in Chicago? The one atop the office building?"

"That I am...I will take us there."
Rodger said and he hit a few switches and fired up the engines.

He led Heather to a sufficiently clean seat and helped her with the seatbelts, "Now, getting a cab to Morningstar and back should be relatively easy, I believe. I need to make a phone call, too..."

"That should be no problem Sir, we can call from the building once we enter into the physical world again."
Heather said as you helped her with her seatbelts, the seats where a little dusty but not dirty, the ship had once been greately loved and maintained but had been put in storage when her owner grew weak and sick until his death.

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3:30 in the afternoon.)

Allison ave you a nod then she asked.
"Ah Sir there is one thing you could help with, this man here could you help determine if he is concious and in shock or if there is something more wrong, something with his brain or deeper in his mind?"
The hedge wizard said and she indicated the catatonic man in the bed.
"He is another one of Jace's victims, he Awakned from the trauma of what was done to him and when he was found he was bearely alive, knowing how his mind is fearing would be helpful but he do not talk."

(OOC: Sorry for being a bit slow today, it is so hot so I am afraid brainless entertainment with my playstation are drawing my attention. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 15, 2018 7:35 pm

"I...can imagine how badly the Nephandi have treated them. I will make sure they are gently delivered to the make shift infirmary."
Narim said.
"And as for the vampire my bathroom should be dark enough I will put her there it is warmer and more comfortable than the basement."

"I know you will."

"I can do that, one moment white I write the program...I can piggy back on the phone call."
You hear Narim's fingers quickly tapping on his coputer.
"Let me see I can use this code and then make a few changes here and here...ok...scannng now...no there are no life forms other than humans and some werecreaturs with one of our teams and Mundi of course...and the vampire with you and two small life forms I assume are the fish other than that it is just the ship itself and plants."

"Good. vampires...don't count as alive to my senses, there may be more of them here though some are hostiles."

"No we might as well teleport out if that do not strain the Deacon more, the groups in the Caul chamber will be heading out now anyway. And as for your Cabalmate he was teleported away right before a rather upset Senior Quesitor who wanted to arrest him's nose."
The Solificato said. "I suspect by the Handler he have befriended." Then he added. "Is there any pets or prisoners we need to pick up."

He raised his eyebrows at the fact Colin had been spirited away and frowned. He wanted to know how he was doing, and if he could get out of the ship...but he hadn't been read by Narim, which meant that he was somewhere hidden, as the Handler did not show up either. And of course there had to be a Di'Angelo there, of course...as if she hadn't' enough reasons to hate them all. Attempted arrest on spot after saving them all. And then he disappears, that wouldn't look bad at all. He hoped he had an escape plan - trying to find him might put him in as much risk as not, and that was even if he /could/ - Narim was a Master mage, after all. But he had a ship of his own. If he was in shape to fly it. Damn that man. "There was nothing else that showed up on the scan but the ship that was alive."

"Very well...is everything ok with Mr Wainwright...I am sorry but I heard some of what was said over the phone."
Narim said and he sounded worried then you heard desperate knocking on Narim's door.
"Sorry...someone is at the door...one moment please."
He said and you heard Narim get up and go to the door and open it. You heard the voice of Bee's relative Bianca.
"Master Sharaya it is Hannah she have collapsed she have to get to the hospital fast Dr Lee says he can't heal her...can you get her there?"
The hedge wizard said.
"I can but I need to get someone out of the Labyrinth first in case the Paradox of sending someone to a hospital will...make working dificult."
He agreed then he spoke to you.
"It seams we have to move quickly Adley..."

"Er, not exactly, no," he said in response to his question about Colin. Before he could elaborate he was told to wait, and overheard some of the conversation going on much as Narim had overheard him by accident. Hannah. Shit...she must have felt when her brother died. Even if she wanted an end to his suffering, he hoped she would make it and have a chance to live. He snapped to at the time crunch, looking at Darrian for any corrections in case he had any as he spoke. "Right; if you can get our team and the wounded that are here with us together in one go without overstraining or doxing yourself worse, please do so. Otherwise, our team will make our way out now and you can take the wounded. I am going to put the phone at the general center of the group in either case," he said. Either he would leave his phone for Narim to take the wounded or stand there, as a focal point with it so that Narim could lock them down. Of course, he was worried about the paradox for him; there had to be someone else that could give some of them a lift...

// fyi, my net is being flaky, my router might be about to die again

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 15, 2018 8:05 pm

"Good. vampires...don't count as alive to my senses, there may be more of them here though some are hostiles."

"They do not for mine either but I ran a scan for life patterns advanced enough to be animals or humans as well as minds with no life attatched to them, that should have gotten any vampires as well."
Narim explained.

"There was nothing else that showed up on the scan but the ship that was alive."

"Very well then you should ask the Deacon if he can bring us along."
Darrian said.
"But if it strain him we will walk out one of the portals."

"Er, not exactly, no," he said in response to his question about Colin. Before he could elaborate he was told to wait, and overheard some of the conversation going on much as Narim had overheard him by accident. Hannah. Shit...she must have felt when her brother died. Even if she wanted an end to his suffering, he hoped she would make it and have a chance to live. He snapped to at the time crunch, looking at Darrian for any corrections in case he had any as he spoke.

Darrian did not seam to have any more to add. When Narim returned to the conversation he said.
"That is troubeling about Mr Wainwright, if I know that man right though the trouble he is in should not be discussed over the phone probably."
The Virtual Adept guessed.

"Right; if you can get our team and the wounded that are here with us together in one go without overstraining or doxing yourself worse, please do so. Otherwise, our team will make our way out now and you can take the wounded. I am going to put the phone at the general center of the group in either case," he said. Either he would leave his phone for Narim to take the wounded or stand there, as a focal point with it so that Narim could lock them down. Of course, he was worried about the paradox for him; there had to be someone else that could give some of them a lift...

"It do not matter much how big the group is, Dox has more to do with how many programs I ahve to activate so that is fine, and teleporting someone from the Umbra to the Chantry is not the worst, taking someone to a hospital fulled with sleeper are far more complicated then taking your group home...ok be ready then please I will put your group in the common room..."
Narim spoke, as he did so Darrian was handing out tokens to let the magi not from Steelhaen be allowed past the Chantry wards, then to the rescuees and the staked vampire, and when you put your phone down, after a few seconds the world tilted around you and you stood perfectly placed by the window in Steelhaven's common room, your phone on the table beside you. Every member of your group, and the goldfish where there, the somewhat shocked fish in their bowl on a table where swimming around wondering where the world had gone of to. It was easier to be teleported this time as you had experienced it a few times and Narim's skill where quite precise. Well you where home you where alive, and you noticed your phone giving the little sound it did when you where in a conversation and someone else where trying to call you.
"Did everyone arrive ok?"
Narim asked over the phone, and indeed everyone in your group seamed to have done so but the wounded and the prisoner would have been sent to other locations in the Chantry.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 15, 2018 8:55 pm

"They do not for mine either but I ran a scan for life patterns advanced enough to be animals or humans as well as minds with no life attatched to them, that should have gotten any vampires as well."
Narim explained.

"Of course you did. Sorry," he said.

"Very well then you should ask the Deacon if he can bring us along."
Darrian said.
"But if it strain him we will walk out one of the portals."

"Yes, sir."

Darrian did not seam to have any more to add. When Narim returned to the conversation he said.
"That is troubeling about Mr Wainwright, if I know that man right though the trouble he is in should not be discussed over the phone probably."
The Virtual Adept guessed.

"Indeed." He sighed.

"It do not matter much how big the group is, Dox has more to do with how many programs I ahve to activate so that is fine, and teleporting someone from the Umbra to the Chantry is not the worst, taking someone to a hospital fulled with sleeper are far more complicated then taking your group home...ok be ready then please I will put your group in the common room..."

"Thank you," he said and got to the middle of the room. "Maybe someone can help you with the other one," he suggested. Teamwork was a thing, Narim didn't have to do everything himself even if he could be in more than one place at a time. He got to the middle and then when the tokens were handed out he said to Narim they were ready. Then they were in the common room - he glanced around to account for those that should be there and breathed a sigh of relief.

...you noticed your phone giving the little sound it did when you where in a conversation and someone else where trying to call you. "Did everyone arrive ok?" Narim asked over the phone, and indeed everyone in your group seamed to have done so but the wounded and the prisoner would have been sent to other locations in the Chantry.

He heard a voice on the phone on the table and picked it up, marveling at the skill involved. He glanced around to see if everyone was ok. "Yes, as far as I know - the others I can't see," he replied, then tilted his head at the incoming call signal. "Getting another call. Call you back, and thank you!" he said before switching over.

He fished out his phone and called Adley, "Amicus, you had best be evacuating the ship now..."

He turned around in a circle in surprise. "Amicus!" He sounded surprised, relieved, frustrated and wanted to yell at him, possibly - or break out into tears of relief. He swallowed a lump in his throat. "Our team and the wounded are out, the other teams are leaving now via the exit portal, how much time do they have?" he said in a rush, searching around as if he could see him. "Are you...okay?" He pulled at a sleeve as an urge to pace. "We are /so/ going to talk when you get home..." He hoped he was coming home...hopefully before they /arrested/ him...

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 15, 2018 9:04 pm

Anja's Post:

'Was planning to only do it once we got to the shop.' Nicole replied gruffly. 'Was also going to see if we could find some shoes or something.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 31  Next