Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 3 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 08, 2018 3:23 pm

[Colin] (Talking with Dalisse and Heather in the Labyrinth at 3 in the afternoon)

He nodded, "Quite so. I most certainly can appreciate that sentiment... Disappointment can sting so much worse than anger, after all, and the British are very good at expressing disappointment when upset."

"Yeah, knowing that you have disapointed someone you love is the worst feeling Sir."
Heather said and nodded.
"I would much rather my Mistress think I need punishment for something than have her be disapointed in me."

He grinned broadly, "And the spice must flow, I suppose.

That made Dalisse grin a little as you spoke.

But yes, my young apprentice is quite brilliant, and she has a far brighter future today than she did yesterday. It is a long story... might have time to cover parts of it in transit. I'll see you in some twenty-twentyfive minutes."

"Very well I will look farward to heaing more about this billiant student of yours then my good man and yed I will see you in a little while, call me if there are any updates."
Rodger said.
"Was there anything else before then?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 3 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Warpmind Tue May 08, 2018 3:31 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 3PM]
"Yeah, knowing that you have disapointed someone you love is the worst feeling Sir."
Heather said and nodded.
"I would much rather my Mistress think I need punishment for something than have her be disapointed in me."
Colin nodded, "Quite... I still remember that look from one of my most respected teachers... and that was over thirty years ago."

That made Dalisse grin a little as you spoke.
He winked conspiratorially back to Dalisse.

"Very well I will look farward to heaing more about this billiant student of yours then my good man and yed I will see you in a little while, call me if there are any updates."
Rodger said.
"Was there anything else before then?"
He pondered, "Just be wary of escapees on your way. I expect most who might have fled would have used the doorways to Earthside, rather than fleeing through the Umbra, but you never know..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 08, 2018 4:17 pm

[Colin] (Talking with Dalisse and Heather in the Labyrinth at 3 in the afternoon)

Colin nodded, "Quite... I still remember that look from one of my most respected teachers... and that was over thirty years ago."

"That must have been really bad Sir."
Heather said and nodded.
"Disaointing the ones we love is the worst."

He winked conspiratorially back to Dalisse.

The Handler seamed rather amused.

He pondered, "Just be wary of escapees on your way. I expect most who might have fled would have used the doorways to Earthside, rather than fleeing through the Umbra, but you never know..."

"Will do my good man, will do, do you want me to try to stop them, this ship do not have allot when it comes to weapons but it has some I might be able to take a few of them out not that I relish to thought of shooting someone fleeing for their lives, Nephandi or not."
Rodger asked over the phone.

(OOC: Well then I am off to an Aspergers support group meeting. I will reply more later.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 08, 2018 4:29 pm

"That must have been really bad Sir."
Heather said and nodded.
"Disaointing the ones we love is the worst."
Colin nodded, "It was... a fairly small thing, but educational."

"Will do my good man, will do, do you want me to try to stop them, this ship do not have allot when it comes to weapons but it has some I might be able to take a few of them out not that I relish to thought of shooting someone fleeing for their lives, Nephandi or not."
Rodger asked over the phone.
He frowned, "I suspect the majority of escapees would be pawns and the like; essentially it would be the equivalent of shooting at escaped slaves. Not something I would ask you to put on your conscience... Try avoiding confrontation if you can."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 08, 2018 4:30 pm

"That is still pretty young Mr Yager, what was it like to get powers like that as a teenager?"
Jen asked and she looked at you.

"For me personally....it was pretty awesome I won't lie. I was a socially awkward kid. Didn't have many friends. I'd prefer my imagination where I was the center of attention and amazing things could happen when I willed them too. I'd shut myself from the real world and live within a world of my own creation." He said fondly, remembering his many adventures as a child.

"After getting my powers I learned the truth. That the world was what you make of it. What you imagine can be made reality. It can be bad if you think it's bad and it can be good if you think it's good. And amazing things can happen here if you believe they can." Serge said with a smile, glad to be talking about a fun topic.

"Getting their powers is a different experience for everyone. For most it is the best day of their lives and for some it can scar them for the rest of their lives. I was lucky enough to have a teacher guide me through the process."

"I guess you are right about that. But it just seam so...odd to me that you have a group of wizards policing other wizards who may or may not be engaged in evil activities...do your society have laws and such since you have jails?"
The woman asked looking curious.

"We do in fact." Serge said with a nod. "Technically speaking we follow your laws. Don't murder, don't steal, and all that stuff. We also have our own set of special laws. 'Don't do magick in front of non-magickal people', 'Don't help the evil guys', and 'protect the non-magickal people as best as you can' just to name a few."

"I know...you are right but I...am scared I can see that man everywhere and hear him and and...I am just scared."
The young woman said and Richard sigh.
"I know Ma'am, you are safe here but I know that is not easy to accept, but you really need to sleep, would you agree to letting us help you sleep, we will not do anything unless you consent to it."
He asked and the woman looked nervous.
"I but...what if...I would be helpless if I sleep and...and..."

"Your surrounded by mages. You'd be safer than most if you slept here." Serge assured her.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 08, 2018 5:12 pm

Nicole grabbed the laptop from the room and returned to the hallway, intending to add it to their "loot pile".
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue May 08, 2018 5:38 pm

"That is often the case Sodalis, but let us try to make our lessons as harmless as possible, but we are here to learn, and sometimes we have to try something even if it might not be completely safe to do that." Darrian said softly.

"True..." He still looked vaguely worried though. "I think my mind goes right to worst case scenario modes when a plan is chosen, trying to riddle out anything in advance. It's been in overdrive here and well, I can't say that it's not understandable considering where we are." And how keyed up he was...

"It seamd the serum was useful this time then." Ann-Marie said and Cecilia shuddered at that. Ann-Marie nodded. "No traps or security sytems where activated when I was in the lab the last times but I will be careful."

"Yes but you didn't try to go through his stuff, either. It's like if someone were rummaging around a computer, I'd expect something to try to stop me if it were a technomage's." Not that he'd probably /try/ to do that, given his skill level but it was an analogy that was clear enough for the moment.

"Our third degree friend will need to be cleansed yes after she is out of that room but you can ask your spirit friend if she will still do us that favor even if we break the bonds that mind her." Darrian said. "Yes I will just the connecton to the Umbrood to break the magick that binds her here. I do not much use words and gestures Sodalis, I use the outer temple alchemy to affect the world around me."

"I will do so," he agreed. "Yes, alchemy is not a strong point of mine beyond some basics..." he admitted. "Perhaps there will be time later to learn more, if I need to. Anyway, let me speak with my friend, sir." He turned to Glada. "When my sodalis comes out of that room again, she will need to be cleansed once more of the foul liquid, as well as anything she has with her, if anything. But we can start working on freeing you until that now. This man here is going to help you," he explained. "He says for you to blow wind into this bottle that I have here," he said, holding up the bottle, ready to pull the cork or cap off so she could do so.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue May 08, 2018 10:32 pm

Colin nodded, "It was... a fairly small thing, but educational."

Heather nodded at that.
"Sometimes what is painful can be educational Sir."

He frowned, "I suspect the majority of escapees would be pawns and the like; essentially it would be the equivalent of shooting at escaped slaves. Not something I would ask you to put on your conscience... Try avoiding confrontation if you can."

"Well to be fair many of the Nephandi pawns, if not all of them have sold their souls and are far from inocent my good man and they often recruit pawns from the absolute dredges of humanity but I do get your point yes, I can avoid hurting them unless they seam to be a threat."

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3 in the afternoon.)

"For me personally....it was pretty awesome I won't lie. I was a socially awkward kid. Didn't have many friends. I'd prefer my imagination where I was the center of attention and amazing things could happen when I willed them too. I'd shut myself from the real world and live within a world of my own creation." He said fondly, remembering his many adventures as a child.

"After getting my powers I learned the truth. That the world was what you make of it. What you imagine can be made reality. It can be bad if you think it's bad and it can be good if you think it's good. And amazing things can happen here if you believe they can." Serge said with a smile, glad to be talking about a fun topic.

"Getting their powers is a different experience for everyone. For most it is the best day of their lives and for some it can scar them for the rest of their lives. I was lucky enough to have a teacher guide me through the process."

Jen listened to what you where saying and nodded after a while.
"So your imagination can reshape reality? Forgive me but that sound quite terriying, I mean we all can have alll sort of fantasies and imagined adventures but making them real that sounds like a dangerous thing indeed. In either case I am glad getting your powers did not do you any harm."
She said though she looked quite skeptical.

"We do in fact." Serge said with a nod. "Technically speaking we follow your laws. Don't murder, don't steal, and all that stuff. We also have our own set of special laws. 'Don't do magick in front of non-magickal people', 'Don't help the evil guys', and 'protect the non-magickal people as best as you can' just to name a few."

"Well those laws do not sound to bad Mr Yager."
The young woman said and nodded.
"Those are good laws though to be honest quite a few of the laws we have are rather outdated and wrong, like for example someone being thrown in jail for smoking weed and things like that, but the idea of not murdering or killing anyone is good."

"Your surrounded by mages. You'd be safer than most if you slept here." Serge assured her.

"You say I am safe here because I m surrounded by mages Mr Yager...and yet it was a mage who hurt me, I am afraid being surrounded by mages is not something that makes me feel safer."
Jen said nervously.

[Adley and Nicole] (Jeffry's strike team at the Labyrinth, 3 in the afternoon)

Nicole grabbed the laptop from the room and returned to the hallway, intending to add it to their "loot pile".

Antonio looked up from his notebook when you returned to the group and put the computer in the loot pile.
"That room over there are the next one without a ward."
The Scribe informed you and pointed.
"Other than that it is one one more unprotedcted room in this hallway that one over there."
He said and indicated another room further down the hallway.

"True..." He still looked vaguely worried though. "I think my mind goes right to worst case scenario modes when a plan is chosen, trying to riddle out anything in advance. It's been in overdrive here and well, I can't say that it's not understandable considering where we are." And how keyed up he was...

Darrian sigh and nodded.
"It is quite understandable Sodalis. But there is caution and then there is being paralyzed, I fear we will need far greater magick than either of us command to be able to know every eventuality, we just have to be careful, plan as good as we can and hope for the best, for sometimes action is better than being so worried about stepping wrong that your feet do not move from the spot you stand in, but yes your concerns are quite understandable, but I think sending our Sodalis to try to get information is an acceptable, calculated risk, that she to are willing to take."

"Yes but you didn't try to go through his stuff, either. It's like if someone were rummaging around a computer, I'd expect something to try to stop me if it were a technomage's." Not that he'd probably /try/ to do that, given his skill level but it was an analogy that was clear enough for the moment.

"Like I said Sodalis I will be careful and I will try to detect any traps and get out of there if something smell fishy, there is risk but it is one I am willing to take, none of us came to a Labyrinth expecting it to be as safe as playing on your mama's kitchen floor."
Ann-Marie said and smiled.
"But thank you for your concern Sodalis."

"I will do so," he agreed. "Yes, alchemy is not a strong point of mine beyond some basics..." he admitted. "Perhaps there will be time later to learn more, if I need to. Anyway, let me speak with my friend, sir."

"Ah yes, there is always more one might wish to learn than time to learn it...but yes off course do speak with your friend."
The Solificato said and nodded.

He turned to Glada. "When my sodalis comes out of that room again, she will need to be cleansed once more of the foul liquid, as well as anything she has with her, if anything. But we can start working on freeing you until that now. This man here is going to help you," he explained. "He says for you to blow wind into this bottle that I have here," he said, holding up the bottle, ready to pull the cork or cap off so she could do so.

"This is acceptable I do one more favor for your and blow the liquid of your Sodalis when she come out of the room filled with screams, and what she have with her, for you fear that if you free me before I will leave and not do you this favor, and once it is done the man beside you will free me...yes this is acceptable carrier of that which I can not touch."
Glada said.
"I will blow into the bottle for you, this is also acceptable."
She agreed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue May 08, 2018 10:59 pm

'How handy. Four rooms, four stretchers needed.' Nicole quipped with a smirk to Darrian. She then readied her rifle and went to the next door, clearly planning a repeat entry as the last couple of times.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue May 08, 2018 11:15 pm

[Dalisse's Chambers, 3ish]
Heather nodded at that.
"Sometimes what is painful can be educational Sir."
Colin nodded, "Sometimes, it can be an effective teacher, that... Not always, but sometimes."

"Well to be fair many of the Nephandi pawns, if not all of them have sold their souls and are far from inocent my good man and they often recruit pawns from the absolute dredges of humanity but I do get your point yes, I can avoid hurting them unless they seam to be a threat."
He nodded, "True, they tend to be wretched, trapped in the shittiest place in their lives... let's call it a second chance, a singular opportunity for them to turn their lives around. They're not likely to get another..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue May 08, 2018 11:36 pm

Jen listened to what you where saying and nodded after a while.
"So your imagination can reshape reality? Forgive me but that sound quite terriying, I mean we all can have alll sort of fantasies and imagined adventures but making them real that sounds like a dangerous thing indeed. In either case I am glad getting your powers did not do you any harm."
She said though she looked quite skeptical.

"Man that's such an awesome way of describing what I do!' Serge said amusingly. "But trust me it's a lot harder than I make it sound. I like to exaggerate and make things sound amazing and fantastical at all times but I'm not that powerful."

"Well those laws do not sound to bad Mr Yager."
The young woman said and nodded.
"Those are good laws though to be honest quite a few of the laws we have are rather outdated and wrong, like for example someone being thrown in jail for smoking weed and things like that, but the idea of not murdering or killing anyone is good."

Serge chuckled when Jen mentioned their laws being outdated. "We've got our share of outdated laws and rules as well. Made by old-fashioned people with old-fashioned ideals. But time keeps ticking forward and who knows what might change in the future."

"You say I am safe here because I m surrounded by mages Mr Yager...and yet it was a mage who hurt me, I am afraid being surrounded by mages is not something that makes me feel safer."
Jen said nervously.

"Good point, perhaps that wasn't the best example." Serge admitted. "Sorry about that. Well your worries are justified. If your worried about being helpless than that we won't force you to go to sleep. But you should lie down in bed and give your body some rest. Is their anything we could do to make you feel more at ease?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Wed May 09, 2018 4:54 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 2 in the afternoon.)

Tane nodded at master Nassa before turning his attention to Alessa and Coawa. Could you give him a hand?

At the servants word Tane spit on the ground I tend to forgive, servant. And i am not a cruel man. But a day spent on you before you go down the black spiral of caul is a handful of lives we protect if you turn a monster like your master before you. You know that facing us is death nonetheless, so answer and cut the crap. Why did you serve this monster?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed May 09, 2018 5:28 am

Darrian sigh and nodded. "It is quite understandable Sodalis. But there is caution and then there is being paralyzed, I fear we will need far greater magick than either of us command to be able to know every eventuality, we just have to be careful, plan as good as we can and hope for the best, for sometimes action is better than being so worried about stepping wrong that your feet do not move from the spot you stand in, but yes your concerns are quite understandable, but I think sending our Sodalis to try to get information is an acceptable, calculated risk, that she to are willing to take."

"True."

"Like I said Sodalis I will be careful and I will try to detect any traps and get out of there if something smell fishy, there is risk but it is one I am willing to take, none of us came to a Labyrinth expecting it to be as safe as playing on your mama's kitchen floor." Ann-Marie said and smiled. "But thank you for your concern Sodalis."

He gave her a nod, no use delaying her further after all.

"This is acceptable I do one more favor for your and blow the liquid of your Sodalis when she come out of the room filled with screams, and what she have with her, for you fear that if you free me before I will leave and not do you this favor, and once it is done the man beside you will free me...yes this is acceptable carrier of that which I can not touch." Glada said. "I will blow into the bottle for you, this is also acceptable." She agreed.

"I do not fear that you will leave before the time in the sequence of events where you have helped her again happens. You have been helpful to us and I am grateful and wanted to see you free, whether or not you assisted us or not. The reason is in case something happens in there that we don't know about yet at the same time as his working, we cannot help her. Here, let us do this part of it, first in sequence," he said, offering out the bottle to her.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 09, 2018 9:07 pm

Colin nodded, "Sometimes, it can be an effective teacher, that... Not always, but sometimes."

"No not always Sir. But then again pain where created so we would learn not to touch posionus plants or step on a broken leg, it was made to be a teacher."
Heather said.

He nodded, "True, they tend to be wretched, trapped in the shittiest place in their lives... let's call it a second chance, a singular opportunity for them to turn their lives around. They're not likely to get another..."

"As you say, then again something made them sell their souls in the first place my good man but while I might not have much sympathy for them I will not fire on fleeing, unharmed servants regardless of who they are, I do have my honor."
Rodger declared.

[Serge] (Helping out at the infirmary in the attic of Steelhaven at 3 in the afternoon.)

"Man that's such an awesome way of describing what I do!' Serge said amusingly. "But trust me it's a lot harder than I make it sound. I like to exaggerate and make things sound amazing and fantastical at all times but I'm not that powerful."

"Hum...exaggregating can be dangerus Mr Yager, it is hard for others to know how to act without proper information."
Jen said and frownd.
"But then magick is a way of making what you imagine real then even if it is harder than it sounds?"

Serge chuckled when Jen mentioned their laws being outdated. "We've got our share of outdated laws and rules as well. Made by old-fashioned people with old-fashioned ideals. But time keeps ticking forward and who knows what might change in the future."

"We can always hope but when those old laws are being held in place by money, power and politics there is little reason for the powers that be to change them."
The young woman said and frowned again.

"Good point, perhaps that wasn't the best example." Serge admitted. "Sorry about that. Well your worries are justified. If your worried about being helpless than that we won't force you to go to sleep. But you should lie down in bed and give your body some rest. Is their anything we could do to make you feel more at ease?"

"I do not want to sleep no but I guess I can lay down and rest."
Jen agreed hesitently.
"I would say a gun and plenty of bullets but no I am in no state of mind to handle a firearm right now so I do not think there is that much you can do Mr Yager...I just...I am in that lab every time I close my eyes."
She whispered softly.

He gave her a nod, no use delaying her further after all.

Ann-Marie gave a confident smile then she headed into the lab again.

"I do not fear that you will leave before the time in the sequence of events where you have helped her again happens. You have been helpful to us and I am grateful and wanted to see you free, whether or not you assisted us or not. The reason is in case something happens in there that we don't know about yet at the same time as his working, we cannot help her.

"You are used to talking to spirits, explaining how you see time as more than a whole, a now...interesting."
The air elemental said then she nodded.
"Your explination are sensible and accepted carrier of what I can not touch, if your friend is hurt in the room of screams I will go and help her."
She promised.

Here, let us do this part of it, first in sequence," he said, offering out the bottle to her.

The elemental flew around you, a soft, cool breeze and you felt wind flow past the hand holding the bottle as she blew into it.
"It is done."
She informed you.

'How handy. Four rooms, four stretchers needed.' Nicole quipped with a smirk to Darrian. She then readied her rifle and went to the next door, clearly planning a repeat entry as the last couple of times.

"Handy indeed I would not be suprised if some trouble come along to break up such perfect symmetry."
Antonio said and frowned.
"Keep your eyes open ladies. There are no wards but there are something Entropic in there."
He said before you kicked the door open and entered a room with a black rug on the floor, white plainted metal bed, white desk, white wardrobe, white table, white sofa and black bedcovers, pillows in the sofa and black and white paintings on the floor. There where a laptop at the desk and a nice TV near the sofa, a current model Iphone lay on the white bedstand...and in a corner of the room lay a sleeping woman, wearing a light brown, flowing summer dress, she was sleeping curled up in the corner, chained to the wall like an animal.
"Well shit!"
Fran muttered.
"Do you think she is alive."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply and sorry for a not to good reply but I was thinking a bit bad reply was better than no reply at all.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Tane nodded at master Nassa before turning his attention to Alessa and Coawa. Could you give him a hand?

"I will try once we have a moment to rest, your injuries where simple and easy to heal while walking I would have to examine your friend and determine what magick to use, but yes chances are I can help him."
Amadeeus said and nodded.

At the servants word Tane spit on the ground I tend to forgive, servant. And i am not a cruel man. But a day spent on you before you go down the black spiral of caul is a handful of lives we protect if you turn a monster like your master before you.

"If you had listened to my words Traditionalist you would remember I said we where not Awakened magi so we have not been to the Caul, and the question here is how much time you wish to waste with us."
Then man said calmly.
"We are not keeping them a day and then releasing them Mr Karyak."
Alphonse said sternly.

You know that facing us is death nonetheless,

"I have no doubt as to how the fight would go Traditionalist however we are not laying down to be killed off and chances are we will delay you considerably and take at least a few of you with us before we die, your choice."
The pawn said evently while some in his group shifted about nervously.

so answer and cut the crap. Why did you serve this monster?

"This monster I assume you mean this Labyrinth? The Nephandi as a whole, we all have different reasons, some what you would consider tragic fates others knew exatly what we where barening for the question are do you have time for eleven stories to make yourself feel high and mighty by sitting in judgement of us?"
The man asked and Alphonse shook his head.
"No as a matter of fact we do not, take your group and go, one false move and we will act but we have bigger fish to fry that rats fleeing a burning ship."
The Master of the art said and the pawn glanced at him for a moment and nodded before the group started moving past you.
"We continue but keep and eye out in the rear just in case they decide to attack us."
Alphonse ordered as he started moving.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed May 09, 2018 9:54 pm

'Did you take Barbie's diary?' Nicole will ask Fran, before kicking in the door.

'Indeed.' she quipped on seeing the woman. 'How the hell did someone miss this? Didn't they say they'd done some scan or something?' looking at the woman curiously - trying to work out whether she was dead or asleep. And if the latter - how after the racket they'd made coming in...

[Don't worry, take your time]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 09, 2018 10:06 pm

'Did you take Barbie's diary?' Nicole will ask Fran, before kicking in the door.

"Yes I did bring it I have it in my bag."
Fran said.

'Indeed.' she quipped on seeing the woman. 'How the hell did someone miss this? Didn't they say they'd done some scan or something?' looking at the woman curiously - trying to work out whether she was dead or asleep. And if the latter - how after the racket they'd made coming in...

"I think Mr Riez was scanning for wards and he did say it was something Entropic in here."
Fran said and frowned. You did not see the woman on the floor breathing she was perfecctly still, not breathing and not moving and her skin was an unhealthy pallor she did not look very alive.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed May 09, 2018 10:22 pm

"You are used to talking to spirits, explaining how you see time as more than a whole, a now...interesting." The air elemental said then she nodded.

"I have had some practice trying to explain the concept of time and other mortal limitations to spirits, trying to find a way that we can both understand well enough to outline our agreements or what we need to do." It was a bit of an unwieldy way of putting it but it was workable and Glada got the point, so that was what mattered.

"Your explination are sensible and accepted carrier of what I can not touch, if your friend is hurt in the room of screams I will go and help her."
She promised.

"Thank you."

The elemental flew around you, a soft, cool breeze and you felt wind flow past the hand holding the bottle as she blew into it. "It is done." She informed you.

He felt his hair ruffle and the wind move around him. Then when she said she was finished, he put the stopper back on the bottle.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed May 09, 2018 10:27 pm

"I have had some practice trying to explain the concept of time and other mortal limitations to spirits, trying to find a way that we can both understand well enough to outline our agreements or what we need to do." It was a bit of an unwieldy way of putting it but it was workable and Glada got the point, so that was what mattered.

"I have lived with humans for some times your limitations are alien but I am beginning to understand some of them, it must be a facinating existence but do you not get stress when you see time as coming and going and passing, do you fear it will run away from you?"
The Umbrood asked as she regarded you.

He felt his hair ruffle and the wind move around him. Then when she said she was finished, he put the stopper back on the bottle.

"A bit of my wind...hum..."
The Umbrood said and she danced around you. You heard Ann-Marie call from inside the lab.
"You wanted info on a slaver you said Sodalis I have something here should I bring it out?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed May 09, 2018 10:32 pm

"Hum...exaggregating can be dangerus Mr Yager, it is hard for others to know how to act without proper information."
Jen said and frownd.
"But then magick is a way of making what you imagine real then even if it is harder than it sounds?"

"Their's a bit more to it then that but in general it's a good summery of what I do." Serge said wanting to keep the exact details of his magick a secret. If he told her that he simply changed how other people perceived reality (which in his mind was just as effective as changing reality itself) to match his imagination it may cause more unnecessary stress within Jen who seemed to be a victim of mind Magick herself.

"I do not want to sleep no but I guess I can lay down and rest."
Jen agreed hesitently.
"I would say a gun and plenty of bullets but no I am in no state of mind to handle a firearm right now so I do not think there is that much you can do Mr Yager...I just...I am in that lab every time I close my eyes."
She whispered softly.

"If you let me....I can prevent that. You going back to the lab when you close your eyes. What would you like to see when you close your eyes?" Serge asked softly trying to sound trustworthy and friendly to avoid provoking the woman who had been a victim to evil magick.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed May 09, 2018 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed May 09, 2018 10:41 pm

"No not always Sir. But then again pain where created so we would learn not to touch posionus plants or step on a broken leg, it was made to be a teacher."
Heather said.
Colin nodded, "That, and as a warning signal something is wrong with our bodies - but all too often, the experienced pain becomes either crippling, rendering us unable to attend the problem, or misleadingly minor, leading us to ignore a potentially fatal injury..."

"As you say, then again something made them sell their souls in the first place my good man but while I might not have much sympathy for them I will not fire on fleeing, unharmed servants regardless of who they are, I do have my honor."
Rodger declared.
He smiled thinly, "Yes, they all had their reasons for selling their souls, the ones of them who actually did... There's one captive here who made a bargain to save her child's life when modern medicine failed... These things feast on such tragedies, but some times, we can offer them a light in the darkness and lead them home. We might not succeed, but if there's ever a chance..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed May 09, 2018 10:44 pm

'Well, that means we are going to search this entire fucking ship before we leave.' the large woman replied belligerently, looking at the woman with a combination of suspicion and curiosity. After a moment's hesitation, gave the woman a nudge with her boot; no way to hurt her, but to see if she was with it enough to respond somehow.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 10, 2018 4:14 am

"I have lived with humans for some times your limitations are alien but I am beginning to understand some of them, it must be a facinating existence but do you not get stress when you see time as coming and going and passing, do you fear it will run away from you?" The Umbrood asked as she regarded you.

"Sometimes, it is hard to do all that we want in the now that we have been given. For example, in this now it is stressful, we must do these things in this now, in a timely fashion. Perhaps we may speak more of it in another now," he said to the curious elemental.

"A bit of my wind...hum..." The Umbrood said and she danced around you.

"This will be used to free you, though I am not sure how beyond my role in such," he said.

You heard Ann-Marie call from inside the lab. "You wanted info on a slaver you said Sodalis I have something here should I bring it out?"

He glanced at Master Haagan, he was in charge at the moment, being the most senior mage. "Sir?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu May 10, 2018 6:36 am

"If you had listened to my words Traditionalist you would remember I said we where not Awakened magi so we have not been to the Caul, and the question here is how much time you wish to waste with us."
Yet you chose to follow a monster. Tomorrow you will follow another.
"We are not keeping them a day and then releasing them Mr Karyak."
ANd what do you intend to do with them? free them so they go with their nephandic friends? To aid them too?
I need not to judge, i need to make sure they will not hurt anyone else or alert them of our alliance. I would forgive and help anyone comming back from the horrid paths they've gone through, but first we need to know they're not a threat anymore.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 10, 2018 9:45 am

Colin nodded, "That, and as a warning signal something is wrong with our bodies - but all too often, the experienced pain becomes either crippling, rendering us unable to attend the problem, or misleadingly minor, leading us to ignore a potentially fatal injury..."

"This is also true pain can also be problematic."
Heather agreed softly.

He smiled thinly, "Yes, they all had their reasons for selling their souls, the ones of them who actually did... There's one captive here who made a bargain to save her child's life when modern medicine failed... These things feast on such tragedies, but some times, we can offer them a light in the darkness and lead them home. We might not succeed, but if there's ever a chance..."

"I doubt we can offer them much more than not killing them at the moment my good man, they are what they are after all."
Rodger said.
"But yes Iam sure there are some horrible fates to be found among them and as for this prisoner with her perhaps there is a chance for a ligther path ahead."

'Well, that means we are going to search this entire fucking ship before we leave.' the large woman replied belligerently, looking at the woman with a combination of suspicion and curiosity. After a moment's hesitation, gave the woman a nudge with her boot; no way to hurt her, but to see if she was with it enough to respond somehow.

"We can probably use some sort of scan to find pepole as what was searched for was wards they are two different things but yes such a scan will probably have to be done."
Fran said. The woman on the floor moved ever so slightly when you nudged her with your food but she only curled up more on the floor and did not stir.

"Sometimes, it is hard to do all that we want in the now that we have been given. For example, in this now it is stressful, we must do these things in this now, in a timely fashion. Perhaps we may speak more of it in another now," he said to the curious elemental.

"That do sound stressful indeed. Very well for me time do not move, I can wait carrier of what I can not touch inside, we can talk about it later for you."
The elemental agreed, but she did seam very curious and hungry for knowledge.

"This will be used to free you, though I am not sure how beyond my role in such," he said.

"I have found that many of those with what I can not touch inside and those who only have sleeping what I can not touch inside but navigate the hidden laws of reality use different tools and way to perform magick. We do not do so to use our powers they just are."
The talkative elemental whispered.

He glanced at Master Haagan, he was in charge at the moment, being the most senior mage. "Sir?"

"Yes we want that information when we have made sure there are a tomorrow I suspect the Chief want that information Sodalis he...have a well I do believe the modern tern is beserk button when it comes to slavery, he will want this slaver's head."
The alchemist said and Ann-Marie heard him and replied from inside the lab.
"Hum...there are some other papers here but the language it hurts my eyes to read it, there is also a laptop."
Darrian nodded.
"Leave t,he papers you do not understand but bring the laptop Sodalis."
He ordered.

"Their's a bit more to it then that but in general it's a good summery of what I do." Serge said wanting to keep the exact details of his magick a secret. If he told her that he simply changed how other people perceived reality (which in his mind was just as effective as changing reality itself) to match his imagination it may cause more unnecessary stress within Jen who seemed to be a victim of mind Magick herself.

"Sounds cool, I wish they taught it in school, then perhaps I could have protected myself."
Jen said and smiled a little sadly.
"What do it feel like to do what you do?"

"If you let me....I can prevent that. You going back to the lab when you close your eyes. What would you like to see when you close your eyes?" Serge asked softly trying to sound trustworthy and friendly to avoid provoking the woman who had been a victim to evil magick.

"You can do that? Change...that I am back there in that lab when...I close my eyes?"
The woman asked her eyes wide then she nodded.
"I...would like that, what about my parent's house, the place where me and my brother grew up. I would love to see that when I close my eyes I feel safe there."
She requested.

(OOC: My husband who play Lily the slaver in another game suggjested that if Steelhaven go after her one day they will get a box containing an adorable baby dragon with big sad eyes and a bow on it delivered to the door and a card that says be resonable and stop borthering me and you will get his soul to. Lily is not a nice person. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17 ... 31  Next