Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

+2
Jeremy Silverstein
Warpmind
6 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 30 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:33 pm

[Colin] (Morningstar 6 in the afternoon)

Colin nodded sagely, "I know... Future me warned me about that..."

"I am cute and I know it, this leads to paste with green sauce."
Anna said and grinned widly.

He nodded, "And that's doesn't even take severe fear of needles into account."

"Yes it would have been horribly traumatic for the poor dear, and in her condition she should not be exposed to anything that will upset her to much, she is a child and children get upsetthat should not be dangerous but nothing that severely frighten her...on that note it might be a wise idea to screen any media you allow her to consume to avoid her getting scared."
Philippa said and nodded.

He nodded, "I have... committed a horrible breach of trust, in a desparate last-ditch attempt to save lives earlier today. The worst was avoided, but all the same, there'll be a blood penance. And even that will not be enough to atone. Which is why I must train first, so as not to cheapen the challenge."

"It should be a duel, not torture where she just cuts your flesh for revenge, that is not our way when we use our blades it is either in a duel or when we have to in order to kill or heal, a duel fought though can help someone atone for a sin, but for the spilling of blood to have any point it must be a pure act."
The old Verbena said and nodded.

He smiled, "Your apprentice and the lovely Cultist couple should still be there, I think. Well, unless the two ladies have excused themselves to go home and let Anna rest."

"Ah...well it is good the girl have some company but she do need some rest as well. I would advice you not to stress the matter, since if you insist on resting that might stress her against it, but encourage her to lay down to rest a bit every time she feels tired, at least until her health is a little better."
The old healer adviced.

He nodded to Taliesin, "I will see Master Adimari first, then; I should not want to interrupt Lady Crexia if i can avoid it."

"Lady Crexia is never interrupted unless she chooses to be."
Taliesin said and looked at you with his black eyes.

He smiled and waved to the twins, "It was nice meeting you, too. I'm sure we'll meet again before too long."

The two children waved at you happily from where they sat in the sofa.

Following Philippa to the door, he nodded to Ir, "And again, thank you for letting me visit and... clear up a few details that needed addressing. When I saw that echo in the Labyrinth, I knew I could not let that simply rest."

"I hope I could answer the questions you had Mr Wainwright."
Ir said and nodded.
"And you have been most plesant company young man."

He bowed to Philippa at the door, and made his way downstairs to look for Udella.

You got down to Morningstar's two cells, with most of the prisoners sent to Horizon the former Nephandi Chief's apprentice had been given a proper cell. You saw Betty standing guard before the door.
"Hi Mr Wainwright are you here for the prisoners?"
The hedge wizard asked, you saw that one of the cell doors was open and Udella sat talking with her new apprentice in there.

[Nicole] (In the old auto shop at 4 in the afternoon.)

'Which is why we think they've just given up.' Nicole replied. 'Can see some Syndicate fuckers around a table with a PowerPoint showing that saving the place wasn't "cost effective". Wouldn't be the first time they've put a whole place on the srapheap.' an undertone of anger at this.

"It would not suprise me I do not have the best impression of the bloody Union and that the Syndicate would manage to convince the New World Order that Detroit would cost to much to save and to hell with the human lives lost if nothing is done, it would not suprise me if they thought like that."
Thorn said and frowned deeply.
"The Technocrazy can not really claim to be fighting to protect the sleepers anymore."

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot about time differences and did not want to fry Isabella, vampires should not go out when the sun is up.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27 - Page 30 Empty Re: A Return to the Deep, Loose ends in Chicago and Hanna's Sorrow IC Thread 27

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:12 pm

Anja's Post:

'What did you expect? They had a hand in killing it in the first place. You think they don't have clout with the Big Three [Auto Makers]?' Nicole retorted, turning back to look at the car in the auto shop. 'For reasons unknown, they wanted Detroit to go to the wall. For the good of humanity.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:25 pm

'What did you expect? They had a hand in killing it in the first place. You think they don't have clout with the Big Three [Auto Makers]?' Nicole retorted, turning back to look at the car in the auto shop. 'For reasons unknown, they wanted Detroit to go to the wall. For the good of humanity.'

"The big three Miss I am not sure I understand."
Thorn asked he did not know auto makers well.
"Perhaps they did the question is why, what would the Union have to gain by doing this? That is why I suspect other factions are involved as well.

(OOC: I will make a new thread but it might not be before Friday as tomorrow first I am going to a support group meeting and then I am going to a BBQ party so I will not have the time to post allot.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:46 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"I am cute and I know it, this leads to paste with green sauce."
Anna said and grinned widly.
Colin smiled, "And marbles. Let us not forget marbles."

"Yes it would have been horribly traumatic for the poor dear, and in her condition she should not be exposed to anything that will upset her to much, she is a child and children get upsetthat should not be dangerous but nothing that severely frighten her...on that note it might be a wise idea to screen any media you allow her to consume to avoid her getting scared."
Philippa said and nodded.
He nodded, "Oh, you can be certain I will screen all the media... No internet for some time, and I will be very cautious with what sorts of electronic games she gets to play..."

"It should be a duel, not torture where she just cuts your flesh for revenge, that is not our way when we use our blades it is either in a duel or when we have to in order to kill or heal, a duel fought though can help someone atone for a sin, but for the spilling of blood to have any point it must be a pure act."
The old Verbena said and nodded.
He nodded, smiling wryly, "Which is why, after the duel, I will only accept mundane first aid to the righteous cuts, rather than magical healing. Having the wounds simply done away with would render the duel pointless..."

"Ah...well it is good the girl have some company but she do need some rest as well. I would advice you not to stress the matter, since if you insist on resting that might stress her against it, but encourage her to lay down to rest a bit every time she feels tired, at least until her health is a little better."
The old healer adviced.
He nodded, "I will insist she gets enough rest, but that's not the same as confining her to bed - just making sure that she does not engage in too strenuous activity; sitting in a comfy chair with a good book is restful enough, most of the time."

"Lady Crexia is never interrupted unless she chooses to be."
Taliesin said and looked at you with his black eyes.
He smiled, "All the same, it would be rude of me to intrude at a time I know she is having a conversation..."

"I hope I could answer the questions you had Mr Wainwright."
Ir said and nodded.
"And you have been most plesant company young man."
He nodded, "The questions I had, and more. I know to look out for Eloine with some urgency when I go to Horizon soon, and others as well."

You got down to Morningstar's two cells, with most of the prisoners sent to Horizon the former Nephandi Chief's apprentice had been given a proper cell. You saw Betty standing guard before the door.
"Hi Mr Wainwright are you here for the prisoners?"
The hedge wizard asked, you saw that one of the cell doors was open and Udella sat talking with her new apprentice in there.
He smiled to Betty and nodded to the open cell, "Hello again, Betty... No, I came to have a word with my attorney, owing to a small... judicial hiccup I might need a little help with."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:48 pm

"I am...not sure I would want them to do any...medical stuff...I...have had quite enough of that."
Paul said uneasy. Allison nodded.
"I can ask one of our mystical healers to have a look at you Mr Fletcher."
The hedge wizard said and Paul nodded.
"O...ok Miss...that is ok."
Then he looked at you.
"Do you have one of those Avatar things you spoke of as well?"

"Yup." Serge said nodding his head. "Probably just chilling in my head watching what I'm doing."

"I...I do not know what I want to do, this is all so sudden I...I..."
Paul seamed sccared he was so overwealmed and gave you a terrified look.
"I do not know what to do or think or feel."
He whispered.
"I felt so sad and empty for a while, but then suddenly I was filled with life again, it was strange."

"I understand that it's a lot to take in all at once. But take your time with it. You don't have to understand everything right away. You have plenty of time to make sense of all of this on your own." Serge said empathetically.

"It is more strange than anoying."
Paul said and he glanced around nervously.
"And it came so suddenly, but yes I guess learning to turn it off would be useful...but what are an aura? What causes it?"

"Mental and Spiritual energies emanating off of living beings. Strong emotions can alter those energies and create the auras you and I see. " Serge explained. "The world is shaped by our thoughts and those energies are no different. All beings have energies within them that are shaped by their thoughts and actions. We've just been given the ability to see those energies."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:12 pm

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"Yup." Serge said nodding his head. "Probably just chilling in my head watching what I'm doing."

"Is that...what these Avatars do? I mean do they watch you like when...you are in the shower?"
Paul asked his eyes wide.

"I understand that it's a lot to take in all at once. But take your time with it. You don't have to understand everything right away. You have plenty of time to make sense of all of this on your own." Serge said empathetically.

"I understand it is just that I...ehm...my head is spinning."
The wounded man muttered.
"It is so much and so wierd and all at once."

"Mental and Spiritual energies emanating off of living beings. Strong emotions can alter those energies and create the auras you and I see. " Serge explained. "The world is shaped by our thoughts and those energies are no different. All beings have energies within them that are shaped by their thoughts and actions. We've just been given the ability to see those energies."

"I ehm...guess that makes sense in some way."
Paul said and nodded.
"But what about the ones who...kidnapped me, they had magick to did they not, why where they hurting pepole?"
He asked and his eyes darkned as he spoke about the Nephandi.

Colin smiled, "And marbles. Let us not forget marbles."

"Indeed, marbels are indeed important let us not forget about those."
Anna said and grinned.

He nodded, "Oh, you can be certain I will screen all the media... No internet for some time, and I will be very cautious with what sorts of electronic games she gets to play..."

"That is wise Mr Wainwright there is allot of brutal things out there but even in a regular movie there might be hospital scenes that will scare her."
Philippa said and she nodded.

He nodded, smiling wryly, "Which is why, after the duel, I will only accept mundane first aid to the righteous cuts, rather than magical healing. Having the wounds simply done away with would render the duel pointless..."

The old Verbena smiled approvingly.
"Good it seams you understand quite a bit about our ways Mr Wainwright."
She said.
"If the cuts become infected and your life are in danger then getting them healed would be acceptable but not to just avoid the pain they bring or the scars."

He nodded, "I will insist she gets enough rest, but that's not the same as confining her to bed - just making sure that she does not engage in too strenuous activity; sitting in a comfy chair with a good book is restful enough, most of the time."

"That should be enough, as long as her heartrate do not go up to much and she get enough rest so she can heal then sitting in a chair and reading is a perfect activity for her right now."
Philippa agreed.

He smiled, "All the same, it would be rude of me to intrude at a time I know she is having a conversation..."

"I do not understand rude."
Taliesin said and gave you a confused look.

He nodded, "The questions I had, and more. I know to look out for Eloine with some urgency when I go to Horizon soon, and others as well."

"I am glad I and my children could help then Mr Wainwright, good luck with you endavors."
Ir said and he gave you a measured smile.

He smiled to Betty and nodded to the open cell, "Hello again, Betty... No, I came to have a word with my attorney, owing to a small... judicial hiccup I might need a little help with."

"Well please do not let me get in your way Sir, if it is the Master Quesitor you are looking for she is right in there speaking with one of the prisoners, I do have to warn you that the cell blocks magick though."
Betty said and she nodded towards the cell door. Udella heard what wass being said though and sheexcused herself and stood.
"Ah Mr Wainwright let me come to you...you wanted a word with me?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:17 pm

'Y'know, Ford, GM and Chrysler - why do you think Detroit got the nickname "Motor City"?' Nicole replied, giving Thorn a puzzled look before turning back to look at the car, her professional curiosity getting the better of her. Plus, this might be a free car...

[No worries]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:01 pm

The chapel was right down the hall so that was a quick job. You found Fran in there, she had light a candle in a glass holder and she was standing there looking at it sadly for a while not noticing you, when she saw you though she gave you a small smile. "Ah Adley forgive my rudeness I did not see you there."
She apologized.

He shook his head a bit. "Nothing to apologize for, it is I who should say sorry for disturbing you," he said as he stowed his bedroll and stood back up to walk over to her. "Are you alright? I know all of this has been...well, very tough for us all." He sighed. "I just saw your Traditionmate across the hall, he was looking a bit better. And just so you know, there's going to be something to eat downstairs soon."

Going downstairs you saw Cecilia waiting outside of Jeffry's office while Theodora watched over her. Theodora gave you a wave when she saw you and Cecilia smiled a little. Clearly your Mentor wanted to discuss things alone with Miss Day for a few moments. "Hello Sir." Cecilia said

He nodded back to Theodora and Cecilia. "Hm, did they ask not to be disturbed?" he said, figuring they needed a moment in there. "Please let the Cheif know that I will return shortly with an update, if you don't mind, sodalis?" he requested, looking at Theodora. Then he went to collect the items for going upstairs, something to put some nonperishable food in, a bucket, water and then the food itself in the kitchen, trying not to get in the way of the the alchemist cooking. As he went, he glanced around to see if the two parties that had not returned yet had done so - Mr Karyak's team and the group with Nicole.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:22 pm

'Y'know, Ford, GM and Chrysler - why do you think Detroit got the nickname "Motor City"?' Nicole replied, giving Thorn a puzzled look before turning back to look at the car, her professional curiosity getting the better of her. Plus, this might be a free car...

"Those are car manufacurers?"
Thorn asked.
"A forgive me I do not even own a car, but yes you are right off course with the nickname...hum you think the Union are responsible for making the bussiness of these companies dry yp then?"
He asked. The car was an older model Subaru station wagon, some work had been done on the engine itself, and it looked like the front window had been changed and now all te windows where covered in paper in preperation for repainting the car.

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

He shook his head a bit. "Nothing to apologize for, it is I who should say sorry for disturbing you," he said as he stowed his bedroll and stood back up to walk over to her. "Are you alright? I know all of this has been...well, very tough for us all." He sighed. "I just saw your Traditionmate across the hall, he was looking a bit better. And just so you know, there's going to be something to eat downstairs soon."

"I am ok Adley I just came her to light a candle for those I...killed in the Labyrinth. It was neccesary to kill them but it is never easy, it should never be easy."
Fran said she looked rather drawn and tired.
"That is good to hear I was planning on checking in on Adjan when I was finished here and some food...would be lovely right now."
She said then she looked at you with concern in her eyes.
"How about you...how are you holding up?"

He nodded back to Theodora and Cecilia. "Hm, did they ask not to be disturbed?" he said, figuring they needed a moment in there.

"They did so Master Morgan asked me to keep an eye on Cecilia in the meantime."
Tehodora explained.

"Please let the Cheif know that I will return shortly with an update, if you don't mind, sodalis?" he requested, looking at Theodora.

"Sure no proble Sodalis I will do so as soon as Master Morgan calls us back into his office."
The Tytalus promised.

Then he went to collect the items for going upstairs, something to put some nonperishable food in, a bucket, water and then the food itself in the kitchen, trying not to get in the way of the the alchemist cooking. As he went, he glanced around to see if the two parties that had not returned yet had done so - Mr Karyak's team and the group with Nicole.

The two teaams had not retuned yet. You found a bucket from one of the storage rooms, you would be able to find water bottles in the fridge in the kitchen. You saw Mundi laying on the floor outside of the kitchen chewing on a treat, the large black dog wagged his tail when you passed him. You found some bread and various spreads and some canned goods that you could bring along. Darrian was busy seasoning something bubbeling in a large pot, he did not seam satisfied though and added some more pepper.
"Ah Sodalis do you need anything?"
The Master alchemist said when he noticed you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:49 pm

"I am ok Adley I just came her to light a candle for those I...killed in the Labyrinth. It was neccesary to kill them but it is never easy, it should never be easy." Fran said she looked rather drawn and tired. "That is good to hear I was planning on checking in on Adjan when I was finished here and some food...would be lovely right now."
She said then she looked at you with concern in her eyes. "How about you...how are you holding up?"

He nodded as she explained her gesture. "A clean up, food and some rest will help." He tipped his head, looking at the candles, the lit one and the ones yet unlit and reached out to turn one around idly then sighed. "As long as I keep focusing on the next thing to do I am managing fine, or will do until all of this sets in. But there's been...complications that I don't know how to appropriately deal with...you know how sometimes what you're doing is...necessary, or maybe it seems bad but it's to prevent something worse? But then, you're still doing something that's not as good as you wish you could be doing, no matter how hard you try. That even trying to make better options, there's still only bad or worse ones, still suffering in measures you can't quantify yet. Doing your best, but it's not good enough to be good...you still have to choose something. And choosing one that affects others...I feel like your Tradition would understand how hard that is. How can you decide on someone else's fate? I've had to do that several times and..." He shook his head. "Well, it's been a long time since I went to a confessional booth," he said with a wry look at Fran, realising he was probably making no sense. "I grew up Christian, one of my parents was orthodox Greek and the other Catholic. Needless to say, I figured out quickly what not to tell them or the priests and eventually, I found my own counsel." He smiled faintly and then straitened out the candle on the altar. "Anyway, we are still here to try to make our way. There will be a Monday now. If I lit a candle for everyone that I have killed in this week, I would probably need an altar to myself. At least several rows. Perhaps I'll light one for all of us that are still alive, that carry all of this now, hrm..."

"Sure no proble Sodalis I will do so as soon as Master Morgan calls us back into his office." The Tytalus promised.

"Thank you."

he two teaams had not retuned yet. You found a bucket from one of the storage rooms, you would be able to find water bottles in the fridge in the kitchen. You saw Mundi laying on the floor outside of the kitchen chewing on a treat, the large black dog wagged his tail when you passed him. You found some bread and various spreads and some canned goods that you could bring along. Darrian was busy seasoning something bubbeling in a large pot, he did not seam satisfied though and added some more pepper. "Ah Sodalis do you need anything?" The Master alchemist said when he noticed you.

"That smells really good," he said, reaching down to pat Mundi as he walked by and giving the clock a glance to judge how long the other teams had been out for. "Getting some things together for a sleep bubble upstairs, some food and drinks," he explained. "Can we get some of this food to the people upstairs and downstairs, too? The people in the infirmary and keeping watch over the cells and node I mean," he added. He peeked over at the pot, curious. "And if there's something vegetarian, I know Narim is vegetarian, don't know about everyone else, I'm sure there are some others...say, there's a few things I wanted to talk to you about in private, maybe after dinner but before sleep, if that's alright? One of them might be kind of time critically important..." he said, a worried expression crossing his features.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:19 pm

"Is that...what these Avatars do? I mean do they watch you like when...you are in the shower?"
Paul asked his eyes wide.

"Kinda a creepy way of looking at it, but yeah I guess if they wanted too. What your Avatar does depends on the person you are. It's always a part of you, silently guiding you to become a better person. All you have to do is listen." Serge said with a shrug.

"I understand it is just that I...ehm...my head is spinning."
The wounded man muttered.
"It is so much and so wierd and all at once."

"Take it all in slowly. We can focus on something else if you want." Serge said. Then with a chuckle he said, " I always forget that people aren't like me. I was all too ready to accept this when I was first told about it."

"I ehm...guess that makes sense in some way."
Paul said and nodded.
"But what about the ones who...kidnapped me, they had magick to did they not, why where they hurting pepole?"
He asked and his eyes darkned as he spoke about the Nephandi.

"Cause their evil bastards." Serge said with a frown as the conversation went into a place he had hoped to avoid. "Evil people who have magick and plans. But there's a bunch of people all around the world fighting against them including us. Rescuing and protecting people they've hurt and ending whatever horrors they want to commit."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:07 pm

Anja's Post:

Another look at Thorn, wondering whether she was being wound up. Then remembered that just because she could correctly ID over a hundred models of autos in five seconds didn't mean everybody else could. 'Could be. New plants down South are much more profitable.' Nicole continued, eyeing up the Subaru. After giving a quick look for condition [and how much work it would take to fix up] she'll open it up, check the VIN online. See if this baby was legit or not.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:00 pm

[Morningstar, 6PM]
"That is wise Mr Wainwright there is allot of brutal things out there but even in a regular movie there might be hospital scenes that will scare her."
Philippa said and she nodded.
Colin nodded, "I have a plan for that - it's rather amazing what a computer program can cross-reference today, so I won't have to watch every movie and TV series in advance to see if there are any hospital scenes if I can ask a computer instead."
He grinned sheepishly, "There are a few surprising benefits to a Virtual Adept girlfriend, I suppose..."

The old Verbena smiled approvingly.
"Good it seams you understand quite a bit about our ways Mr Wainwright."
She said.
"If the cuts become infected and your life are in danger then getting them healed would be acceptable but not to just avoid the pain they bring or the scars."
He nodded, "Perhaps it's less about understanding your ways in particular, and more about understanding how things are given value in different ways. In terms of metal value, a silver spoon is... well, not quite a dime a dozen; more like around twelve to thirteen dollars apiece - yet I have seen prices range from five to 2500 dollars for a single spoon. Obviously, I would not touch the ones at the bottom of the range with a ten foot pole, but... it seems to be largely the same with Verbena and blood - if it were just about the material value, it would be more cost-effective to get it by the gallon from a butcher, but nothing is ever about the merely material value, is it? It is always about the context, the associations, the intent and purpose behind it..."

"That should be enough, as long as her heartrate do not go up to much and she get enough rest so she can heal then sitting in a chair and reading is a perfect activity for her right now."
Philippa agreed.
He grinned, "Best avoid the most infuriatingly difficult video games for a while, too..."

"I do not understand rude."
Taliesin said and gave you a confused look.
He smiled thinly, "That's quite alright... but Lady Crexia and I do, which means it would be prudent for me to take it into account."

"Well please do not let me get in your way Sir, if it is the Master Quesitor you are looking for she is right in there speaking with one of the prisoners, I do have to warn you that the cell blocks magick though."
Betty said and she nodded towards the cell door. Udella heard what wass being said though and sheexcused herself and stood.
"Ah Mr Wainwright let me come to you...you wanted a word with me?"
He nodded, "I've been inside one of these cells before, both past and future... I am far less bothered by that than most might expect."
He smiled wryly to Udella, "Ah, yes, I need a bit of help... I am about to be investigated for an... unusual matter, and might need your presence for the inquiries in Boston this evening."
He grinned, "More importantly, my precious apprentice has a fondness for green pasta, so I was hoping you might teach us the recipe while we're at it - the trip back by Umbral shuttle takes a little while, so there'd be time for the two of you to get acquainted. Oh, yes, and the best news - I have managed to avoid the serum for her..."
He glanced into the cell, frowning a little and lowering his voice, "Ah, we should... discuss that, too; there will be a... complication with Allison, but there is a... way around that."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:21 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

"Other than attacking the ship and trying to tear it down...perhaps finding it's core and destroying that then no I do not."
The werewolf said and frowned.

THink we got enough time?
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:35 am

Colin nodded, "I have a plan for that - it's rather amazing what a computer program can cross-reference today, so I won't have to watch every movie and TV series in advance to see if there are any hospital scenes if I can ask a computer instead."
He grinned sheepishly, "There are a few surprising benefits to a Virtual Adept girlfriend, I suppose..."

"Ah yes our newest Tradition can be quite skilled with computers."
Philippa said and smiled a little.
"But that is a good idea, that way you might be able to just block out or smudge out or whatever you call it the scenes that might be a problem for Anna."

He nodded, "Perhaps it's less about understanding your ways in particular, and more about understanding how things are given value in different ways. In terms of metal value, a silver spoon is... well, not quite a dime a dozen; more like around twelve to thirteen dollars apiece - yet I have seen prices range from five to 2500 dollars for a single spoon. Obviously, I would not touch the ones at the bottom of the range with a ten foot pole, but... it seems to be largely the same with Verbena and blood - if it were just about the material value, it would be more cost-effective to get it by the gallon from a butcher, but nothing is ever about the merely material value, is it? It is always about the context, the associations, the intent and purpose behind it..."

"That is a beautiful way to look at it Mr Wainwright, truly and following along the silver anology I have a hat pin, it is simple, just an old hat pin with a pearl at one end, it is probably not very valuable in silver value or the value of the pearl, but it was my first foci given to me by my Mentor so it have a deep meaning for me."
Philippa said and smiled slightly.
"But yes the way and the how and why why blood is spilled is far more important than how much are spilled."

He grinned, "Best avoid the most infuriatingly difficult video games for a while, too..."

Philippa looked confused but Mary Elisabeth muttered.
"Ninja Gaiden is poopy!"
Philippa looked at her daugther.
"Let us speak nicely and politely when we have guests dear one."
She corrected and Mary Elisabeth nodded.
"Ok Mommy sorry."

He smiled thinly, "That's quite alright... but Lady Crexia and I do, which means it would be prudent for me to take it into account."

"That makes sense Sir ok."
The strange young man said as he regarded you.
"You will avoid this thing because you both know what it is. It is like not stepping on a nail because you know that it will hurt."

He nodded, "I've been inside one of these cells before, both past and future... I am far less bothered by that than most might expect."

"Even so I felt it best to warn you Sir."
Betty said and nodded.

He smiled wryly to Udella, "Ah, yes, I need a bit of help... I am about to be investigated for an... unusual matter, and might need your presence for the inquiries in Boston this evening."

Udella raised an eyebrow.
"This sounds like something that should best be discussed in private."
She said then she added.
"But off course if you need my aid I will be there."

He grinned, "More importantly, my precious apprentice has a fondness for green pasta, so I was hoping you might teach us the recipe while we're at it - the trip back by Umbral shuttle takes a little while, so there'd be time for the two of you to get acquainted.

"Ah yes certinly I will be happy to teach you my favorite recepie, I have one that is quite delicious which adds a bit of good cheese and a little bit of bacon."
Udella said and smiled a little.

Oh, yes, and the best news - I have managed to avoid the serum for her..."
He glanced into the cell, frowning a little and lowering his voice, "Ah, we should... discuss that, too; there will be a... complication with Allison, but there is a... way around that."

"That is wonderful news."
Udella said and she looked back at the bound young woman on the bed.
"I am afraid I will not be so lucky with my new student though, I have decided to take her on but until her trial her powers will have to be restrained."
She said then she raised an eyebrow again.
"Perhaps we should go to one of the sitting rooms and discuss all of this in private?"
She said and nodded.

He nodded as she explained her gesture. "A clean up, food and some rest will help." He tipped his head, looking at the candles, the lit one and the ones yet unlit and reached out to turn one around idly then sighed. "As long as I keep focusing on the next thing to do I am managing fine, or will do until all of this sets in. But there's been...complications that I don't know how to appropriately deal with...you know how sometimes what you're doing is...necessary, or maybe it seems bad but it's to prevent something worse? But then, you're still doing something that's not as good as you wish you could be doing, no matter how hard you try. That even trying to make better options, there's still only bad or worse ones, still suffering in measures you can't quantify yet. Doing your best, but it's not good enough to be good...you still have to choose something. And choosing one that affects others...I feel like your Tradition would understand how hard that is.

"I understand what you mean Adley."
Fran said and looked down.
"In the Labyrinth we found a vampire woman, she was chained to the wall in one of the bedrooms, she is probably a victim of these Nephandi as much as those we took to the infirmary but because of what she is...we had to restrain her and you know how that was done. The vampiress woke up while we where doing it and I had to hold her down, she was so scared begging us not to hurt her. Doing that to her was in no way right but there where no choice if we had not we would have had to leave her in the Labyrinth which would have been worse but what we did was still wrong, we hurt her so badly."
The Euthanathos said and shook her head sadly.

How can you decide on someone else's fate? I've had to do that several times and..." He shook his head.

"All you can do Adley is try...try to be constructive and not destructive, try to make the best out of a horrible situation but...it is not easy it should not be easy and as for how, I do not have a good answer I am still wondering about that one myself."
The death maga said softly.

"Well, it's been a long time since I went to a confessional booth," he said with a wry look at Fran, realising he was probably making no sense. "I grew up Christian, one of my parents was orthodox Greek and the other Catholic. Needless to say, I figured out quickly what not to tell them or the priests and eventually, I found my own counsel."

"My parents are both Pagans, my mother practices Wicca and my father Ã…satru so they are less judgemental however I think that it is important to find one's own counsel, but at times it is ok to ask for help as well."

He smiled faintly and then straitened out the candle on the altar. "Anyway, we are still here to try to make our way. There will be a Monday now. If I lit a candle for everyone that I have killed in this week, I would probably need an altar to myself. At least several rows. Perhaps I'll light one for all of us that are still alive, that carry all of this now, hrm..."

"I think that would be a beautiful gesture Adley, perhaps those of us who are still alive and who have to live with what wehave done to stay this way need a candle just as much as the dead. That being said I...light one candle for the death for I would need so many if I where going to light one for all of them...and so many of them where wounded, on the floor and...I executed them."
Fran said sadly then she looked towards the infirmary.
"And I am still not done...one of those we rescued can not be saved...and I have been asked to grant her the Good Death..."
She said and wiped at her eyes.
"I am not done there is one more life to take."
The young Euthanathos whispered.

"Thank you."

Theodora just nodded at that.

"That smells really good," he said, reaching down to pat Mundi as he walked by and giving the clock a glance to judge how long the other teams had been out for. "Getting some things together for a sleep bubble upstairs, some food and drinks," he explained.

"Well I hope it will taste good as well Mr Roth Hicks."
Darrian said and he nodded to what you said. Mundi wagged his tail when you petted him.

"Can we get some of this food to the people upstairs and downstairs, too? The people in the infirmary and keeping watch over the cells and node I mean," he added.

"I will make sure some are brought to the ones who can not come to the common room to eat."
Darrian assurred you.

He peeked over at the pot, curious. "And if there's something vegetarian, I know Narim is vegetarian, don't know about everyone else, I'm sure there are some others...

"I am making a Mexican stew that have meat, and a vegtable soup with noodles which do not. I know Dr Lee is vegetarian as well and I think that after what we have experienced in the Labyrinth there are many who would not want to eat meat right now."
The alchemist said and frowned.
"I can put some of the soup on a thermos aslo for the supplies you are gathering for the time bubble."
The Solificato offered and indicated one of the pots.

The two missing teams had been out for about 45 minutes according to your watch.

say, there's a few things I wanted to talk to you about in private, maybe after dinner but before sleep, if that's alright? One of them might be kind of time critically important..." he said, a worried expression crossing his features.

"Very well Mr Roth Hicks that is quite allright with me, we can talk after dinner or if you do not think it will take more than five minutes now as right now the pots just need to sit and simmer for a while."
Darrian said and he looked at you and raised an eyebrow.
"I can ask one of the others to stirr the pots now and again."

Another look at Thorn, wondering whether she was being wound up. Then remembered that just because she could correctly ID over a hundred models of autos in five seconds didn't mean everybody else could. 'Could be. New plants down South are much more profitable.' Nicole continued, eyeing up the Subaru. After giving a quick look for condition [and how much work it would take to fix up] she'll open it up, check the VIN online. See if this baby was legit or not.

"I had really bad eyesight before I Awakened now it is healed and I see fine but it is aproblem for me to get a driver's licence from sleeper authorities without drawing attention to apperant miraculous healing."
Thorn explained then he nodded.
"That is pretty cold, taking away pepole's jobs to push out some more profit margins, that just do not sound fair."
The Verbena said and sigh.

The can was legit it was registered to the work shop's adress and had probably been bought cheap as a fixer upper. Well it needed paint as it had been stripped of it in preperation for a new coat, there where perhaps five hours of work left on the engine to get it into good shape other than that the car seamed to be in decent shape.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 4 in the afternoon.)

"Kinda a creepy way of looking at it, but yeah I guess if they wanted too. What your Avatar does depends on the person you are. It's always a part of you, silently guiding you to become a better person. All you have to do is listen." Serge said with a shrug.

"Well yes I guess that is a creepy way of looking at it."
Paul agreed.
"But what you describe do sound rather nice, to have an inner guide like that."
He said and he gave you a small smile.

"Take it all in slowly. We can focus on something else if you want." Serge said. Then with a chuckle he said, " I always forget that people aren't like me. I was all too ready to accept this when I was first told about it."

"Well it is not just this...the magick thing it is more that everything is to much, th sounds, the smells everything and I am just so confused."
Paul whispered.
"And everything sort of hurts."

"Cause their evil bastards." Serge said with a frown as the conversation went into a place he had hoped to avoid. "Evil people who have magick and plans. But there's a bunch of people all around the world fighting against them including us. Rescuing and protecting people they've hurt and ending whatever horrors they want to commit."

Paul looked really scared for a while then he said in a whisper.
"Are you sure the man who hurt me...will not come back? That they can not get at me again...I...I..."
Paul started sobbing softly and he brought his hands up and covered his face.
"He hurt me...he hurt me!"
He sobbed.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:38 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

"It is hard to say, if we can find out how the ship move so we can stop it from getting further into the Umbra then yes perhaps there is time but if we can not figure out how to slow the ship down then getting out of here is probably a better choice."
Dino said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:02 am

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Ah yes our newest Tradition can be quite skilled with computers."
Philippa said and smiled a little.
"But that is a good idea, that way you might be able to just block out or smudge out or whatever you call it the scenes that might be a problem for Anna."
Colin nodded, "They are indeed competent. Though I was not thinking of edits, merely checking for the presence of disturbing scenes - I abhor censorship in TV and movies; better to put a movie on hold for some time than to risk trimming away highly plot-relevant scenes over objectionable content... I had the misfortune of watching a complicated murder mystery once, where one scene was cut due to showing rather grisly anatomical details of the murder - and thanks to that cut scene, the audience were deprived of the crucial clues needed to identify the killer. I'm not risking putting Anna through that grief."

"That is a beautiful way to look at it Mr Wainwright, truly and following along the silver anology I have a hat pin, it is simple, just an old hat pin with a pearl at one end, it is probably not very valuable in silver value or the value of the pearl, but it was my first foci given to me by my Mentor so it have a deep meaning for me."
Philippa said and smiled slightly.
"But yes the way and the how and why why blood is spilled is far more important than how much are spilled."
He smiled, "Well, if that pin ever needs cleaning or repairs, do let me know."

Philippa looked confused but Mary Elisabeth muttered.
"Ninja Gaiden is poopy!"
Philippa looked at her daugther.
"Let us speak nicely and politely when we have guests dear one."
She corrected and Mary Elisabeth nodded.
"Ok Mommy sorry."
He arched an eyebrow at Mary Elisabeth, "You are quite right; I never managed to beat that one, myself - but that was fifteen years ago. How are you familiar with games from around 1990?"

"That makes sense Sir ok."
The strange young man said as he regarded you.
"You will avoid this thing because you both know what it is. It is like not stepping on a nail because you know that it will hurt."
He nodded, "The simile is... pretty good, yes."

"Even so I felt it best to warn you Sir."
Betty said and nodded.
He nodded, "And I appreciate it. Speaking of those cells, has Miss Jerkins been transferred yet?"

Udella raised an eyebrow.
"This sounds like something that should best be discussed in private."
She said then she added.
"But off course if you need my aid I will be there."
He nodded, "Absolutely something best discussed in private."

"Ah yes certinly I will be happy to teach you my favorite recepie, I have one that is quite delicious which adds a bit of good cheese and a little bit of bacon."
Udella said and smiled a little.
He grinned, "Now I most certainly have to purchase a pasta machine... even if it feels perhaps a little treasonous to my British heritage."

"That is wonderful news."
Udella said and she looked back at the bound young woman on the bed.
"I am afraid I will not be so lucky with my new student though, I have decided to take her on but until her trial her powers will have to be restrained."
She said then she raised an eyebrow again.
"Perhaps we should go to one of the sitting rooms and discuss all of this in private?"
She said and nodded.
He nodded, "If you would lead the way..."
He paused, as if suddenly remembering something, "There's something that's been bothering me, by the way, about the records of the Teomim case... I can't seem to find the actual date for the execution anywhere public, and it's rather infuriating. You don't happen to recall that little detail, do you?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:18 pm

Anja's Post:

'Like they'd care about that. If you're really worried, go over the state line, get one there, then convert it to a Massachusetts one on the nod.' Nicole replied, slipping the phone back in her pocket and starting to look around for keys; thinking that if it could run, perhaps it would make a good "pool car" for the Chantry.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:01 pm

"I understand what you mean Adley." Fran said and looked down. "In the Labyrinth we found a vampire woman, she was chained to the wall in one of the bedrooms, she is probably a victim of these Nephandi as much as those we took to the infirmary but because of what she is...we had to restrain her and you know how that was done. The vampiress woke up while we where doing it and I had to hold her down, she was so scared begging us not to hurt her. Doing that to her was in no way right but there where no choice if we had not we would have had to leave her in the Labyrinth which would have been worse but what we did was still wrong, we hurt her so badly."

He frowned. "Yes, that...was not a proper stake...the first time I had to stake someone I used a rough stake as well. I tried to be better prepared after that, but..."

"All you can do Adley is try...try to be constructive and not destructive, try to make the best out of a horrible situation but...it is not easy it should not be easy and as for how, I do not have a good answer I am still wondering about that one myself." The death maga said softly.

"But your Tradition is at least trained and has the skills of entropy. I feel as if I am making educated guesses or trying to see a picture where I've only got pieces. What if I'm accidentally making things worse?" He sighed.

"My parents are both Pagans, my mother practices Wicca and my father Ã…satru so they are less judgemental however I think that it is important to find one's own counsel, but at times it is ok to ask for help as well."

He nodded. "Sometimes."

"I think that would be a beautiful gesture Adley, perhaps those of us who are still alive and who have to live with what we have done to stay this way need a candle just as much as the dead. That being said I...light one candle for the death for I would need so many if I where going to light one for all of them...and so many of them where wounded, on the floor and...I executed them." Fran said sadly then she looked towards the infirmary. "And I am still not done...one of those we rescued can not be saved...and I have been asked to grant her the Good Death..." She said and wiped at her eyes. "I am not done there is one more life to take." The young Euthanathos whispered.

He reached out to put a hand on her arm a moment carefully if she didn't seem to mind. "I'm sorry. We knew...there would be some that would not make it. If it is the one I think it is, you are giving her mercy, the poor woman. But we did save some of them, and one of them seems to be doing better than expected, at least for now. So many people have the Nephandi harmed..." he shook his head. "They've been stopped for now but we have to stay vigilant."

"I will make sure some are brought to the ones who can not come to the common room to eat."
Darrian assurred you.

"Thank you."

"I am making a Mexican stew that have meat, and a vegtable soup with noodles which do not. I know Dr Lee is vegetarian as well and I think that after what we have experienced in the Labyrinth there are many who would not want to eat meat right now." The alchemist said and frowned.

"Good point."

"I can put some of the soup on a thermos aslo for the supplies you are gathering for the time bubble." The Solificato offered and indicated one of the pots.

"Sure, that would be good as long as it stays hot enough for the time we spend in there. I'm not sure how long, at least eight hours I'm assuming."

"Very well Mr Roth Hicks that is quite allright with me, we can talk after dinner or if you do not think it will take more than five minutes now as right now the pots just need to sit and simmer for a while." Darrian said and he looked at you and raised an eyebrow. "I can ask one of the others to stirr the pots now and again."

"We could use the meeting room I think, if no one's in there. It's close by," he said with a nod. "I think it will only take a little while, might be a bit more than five."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:23 pm

Colin nodded, "They are indeed competent. Though I was not thinking of edits, merely checking for the presence of disturbing scenes - I abhor censorship in TV and movies; better to put a movie on hold for some time than to risk trimming away highly plot-relevant scenes over objectionable content... I had the misfortune of watching a complicated murder mystery once, where one scene was cut due to showing rather grisly anatomical details of the murder - and thanks to that cut scene, the audience were deprived of the crucial clues needed to identify the killer. I'm not risking putting Anna through that grief."

Philippa nodded at that.
"I can understand and respect that point of view."
Was all she had to say to that.

He smiled, "Well, if that pin ever needs cleaning or repairs, do let me know."

"I will keep that min mind Mr Wainwright."
The old Verbena said with a warm smile.

He arched an eyebrow at Mary Elisabeth, "You are quite right; I never managed to beat that one, myself - but that was fifteen years ago. How are you familiar with games from around 1990?"

"Daddy bought it for me from the store on the Nintendo."
Mary Elisabeth said.
"I can only pass the first level."
She said and pouted.
"The game is good training for her hand eye coordination and patience which are both good qualities to foster."
Ir commented as if to defend his choice of game for his daugther.

He nodded, "The simile is... pretty good, yes."

"Taliesin gave you a big smile at that."

He nodded, "And I appreciate it. Speaking of those cells, has Miss Jerkins been transferred yet?"

"Yes Sir she and most of the other prisoners where sent to Horizon for trial."
Betty said and nodded.

He nodded, "Absolutely something best discussed in private."

Udella just nodded at that.

He grinned, "Now I most certainly have to purchase a pasta machine... even if it feels perhaps a little treasonous to my British heritage."

"Well I think life gets boring if one only eat food from one's country of origin Mr Wainwright and besides pasta tastes so much better if it is home made."
The old Quesitor said and smiled.

He nodded, "If you would lead the way..."
He paused, as if suddenly remembering something, "There's something that's been bothering me, by the way, about the records of the Teomim case... I can't seem to find the actual date for the execution anywhere public, and it's rather infuriating. You don't happen to recall that little detail, do you?"

"I will be back soon."
Udella said to hr new apprentice then she gave an polite nod to Betty and started leaving the basement.
"Yes I can never forget that date."
The old Hermetic said sadly.
"Master Teomim died on the 21 of November 1470."

(OOC: I will reply to the rest of you I just need a little break. They had dessert at the BBQ party and I was assured it did not contain refined sugar, but it did and now I am feeling kind of miserabl it is hard to consentate when it feels like I have been out running and are trying to get enough air. Do not worry I will be fine but yeah need a little break before replying to the next post sorry.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:54 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Daddy bought it for me from the store on the Nintendo."
Mary Elisabeth said.
"I can only pass the first level."
She said and pouted.
"The game is good training for her hand eye coordination and patience which are both good qualities to foster."
Ir commented as if to defend his choice of game for his daugther.
Colin nodded, "I myself might have chosen something slightly easier from that era to begin with, though - like the original Super Mario Brothers, or perhaps Kid Icarus or Castlevania... Ninja Gaiden, or Shadow Warrior as it was called in Europe, had a rather... pointed reputation for difficulty. All the same, that era of games does seem to have a far higher skill threshold than most newer titles."

"Yes Sir she and most of the other prisoners where sent to Horizon for trial."
Betty said and nodded.
He frowned, then nodded, "I probably won't see her again until... her sentencing, then. As a Hermetic, she's at least entitled to a proper trial, so that could stretch a few more days..."

"Well I think life gets boring if one only eat food from one's country of origin Mr Wainwright and besides pasta tastes so much better if it is home made."
The old Quesitor said and smiled.
He grinned, "Well, if one were to only eat food that originated in one's home country, neither the potato nor most spices commonly enjoyed today would be found in Europe, and heavens know what the American kitchen would look like..."

"I will be back soon."
Udella said to hr new apprentice then she gave an polite nod to Betty and started leaving the basement.
"Yes I can never forget that date."
The old Hermetic said sadly.
"Master Teomim died on the 21 of November 1470."
He smiled and waved to Allison, "I'm sorry, but I might need Master Adimari for a few hours... I'll try to bring her back for supper, though. And... she'll do right by you, I promise."
He followed close behind Udella up the stairs, pondering and replying softly, "Hum... I was born on the 30th, myself. I'm sure you can... appreciate my curiosity. Now, let's see if we can't scrounge up a private room; I've managed to put myself in the spotlight in the most inconvenient manner today..."

((OOC: Urk, get better soon; mislabeled ingredients are the worst. Also, updated Colin's character sheet to properly reflect his birthday - his actual 45th is coming up, after all. Razz Let's see if someone catches on. Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:13 pm

He frowned. "Yes, that...was not a proper stake...the first time I had to stake someone I used a rough stake as well. I tried to be better prepared after that, but..."

"Yes what we used was...a broken of table leg."
Fran said softly.
"That woman suffered gratly...she is still suffering and that is on us...poor woman. Hopefully she will e released when the sun go down and sent on her way."

"But your Tradition is at least trained and has the skills of entropy. I feel as if I am making educated guesses or trying to see a picture where I've only got pieces. What if I'm accidentally making things worse?" He sighed.

"Even with Entropy and training at times we step wrong. All you can do Adley is the best you can, with what you have, I know that might not be what you wish to hear but it is the only advice I can offer, to do the best you can."
The young Euthanathos said and nodded.

He nodded. "Sometimes."

Fran nodded at that.
"Sometimes..."

He reached out to put a hand on her arm a moment carefully if she didn't seem to mind. "I'm sorry. We knew...there would be some that would not make it. If it is the one I think it is, you are giving her mercy, the poor woman. But we did save some of them, and one of them seems to be doing better than expected, at least for now. So many people have the Nephandi harmed..." he shook his head. "They've been stopped for now but we have to stay vigilant."

Fran did not seam to mind you putting your hand on her shoulder.
"It is the woman with the injury to her...spine. Dr Wong says there is just to much damage and he have tried and failed to heal her, that all he can do is keep her alive and in pain, if she can feel anything in the state she is in...for a few weeks. I know I am giving her mercy but it is still a life lost...the Nephandi hurt so many but I guess all we can do is try as you say to be vigilent of another uprising and try to help those we saved I am glad some of them are doing better though they have to be horribly traumatized."
The young death mage said and a few more tears rolled down her cheeks.
"I wish we could do more, than we could have saved more...but like I said we can only do the best we can."

"Good point."

The old alchemist nodded.
"I know I for one do not really feel like meat right now...not after all that...yeah...all that..."
He said softly.

"Sure, that would be good as long as it stays hot enough for the time we spend in there. I'm not sure how long, at least eight hours I'm assuming."

"It will not be piping hot but it should still be hot enough to be good. I will fill a thermos of soup for you once it is ready Mr Roth Hicks."
Darrian said and smiled.

"We could use the meeting room I think, if no one's in there. It's close by," he said with a nod. "I think it will only take a little while, might be a bit more than five."

"It so not matter if it is a few more minutes than that as long as I find someone to stir the pots for me so it do not burn, so sure let us go. Do you want me to leave Mundi here? If you wanted to discuss something in private?"
Darrian asked as he wiped of his hands on a tovel and prepared to go to the Council Chambers with you.

'Like they'd care about that. If you're really worried, go over the state line, get one there, then convert it to a Massachusetts one on the nod.'

"You think so? Would they not check my medical history when issuing a driver's lisence and see that I am registered as having +8 on my left eye and +6 on the other?"
Thorn asked.
"I would need to learn to drive but I am sure I could get someone at the Chantry to teach me."
He said and nodded.
"If you think I could get a lisence over the state lines?"

Nicole replied, slipping the phone back in her pocket and starting to look around for keys; thinking that if it could run, perhaps it would make a good "pool car" for the Chantry.

You found the keys on one of the work benches, they had one of those mini rubix cube key chains that was popular a few years ago attatched to them.

(OOC: I need another break I will reply to you a little later Warp and thank you. I mean I asked them if it was sugar in it and they said no but then it turned out they had used premade cream that had sugar the woman I asked has not botherd to listen and since it was all low fat she thought I just asked for a diet and then all was ok.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:39 pm

Colin nodded, "I myself might have chosen something slightly easier from that era to begin with, though - like the original Super Mario Brothers, or perhaps Kid Icarus or Castlevania... Ninja Gaiden, or Shadow Warrior as it was called in Europe, had a rather... pointed reputation for difficulty. All the same, that era of games does seem to have a far higher skill threshold than most newer titles."

"She have already gone through the Nes Super Mario games and Kid Ikarus and Castlevania and something named Contra, the Ninja game was not the first old game I bought her."
Ir explained and Mary Elisabeth smiled a little.
"I like little pepole who jump around on the screen but I wish there where more jumping girl pepole."
She declared.

He frowned, then nodded, "I probably won't see her again until... her sentencing, then. As a Hermetic, she's at least entitled to a proper trial, so that could stretch a few more days..."

"She will get a trial yes but we both know it will only go one way Sir."
Betty said and she shuddered a little.
"Still you have to admire the woman's composure in a situation like this even if she made a good attemnt at fleeing when she was transported, she is not just laying down and going quietly but she is not panicing either."

He grinned, "Well, if one were to only eat food that originated in one's home country, neither the potato nor most spices commonly enjoyed today would be found in Europe, and heavens know what the American kitchen would look like..."

Udella grinned a little at that.
"Very true Mr Wainwright very true. Well for me while I love the Italian kitchen I am also fond of food from all over the world, food and a glass of good wine to go with it and a nice cup of tea after the meal."

He smiled and waved to Allison, "I'm sorry, but I might need Master Adimari for a few hours... I'll try to bring her back for supper, though. And... she'll do right by you, I promise."

"Yeah Master Adimari seams like a good person and she is giving me a chance which is more than most would. Well I guess I will just hang around in here until she gets back."
Allison said and grinned wryly.
"Hum...and are you not the guy who stabbed me in the butt?"
She asked and raised an eyebrow.

He followed close behind Udella up the stairs, pondering and replying softly, "Hum... I was born on the 30th, myself. I'm sure you can... appreciate my curiosity. Now, let's see if we can't scrounge up a private room; I've managed to put myself in the spotlight in the most inconvenient manner today..."

"I can understand it...well such dates do not always overlap but this to is something better discussed in private Mr Wainwright."
Udella cautioned.
"I see, well let us find a private room and you can tell me about your trouble."
She said as you got out of the basement and headed to the stairs. You saw Mrs Yellow chasing Rikki's tail as the two cats ran around the lobby playing. Udella smiled a little as she saw the two animals before she headed upstairs. You soon found one of the sitting rooms, the same your party had used earlier to be empty so a simple spell to block out sound escaping from the room to be overheard and a quick ward should ensure privacy.

(OOC: Ok then I think I am caught up. Sorry for taking all of those breaks. Also thanks I am a little better now the allergy medication have started working, which is good for I got worried for a while as it was getting harder and harder to breathe and you know breathing is nice.)

(OOC 2: For serge the Allison Colin is talking to is a different one than the hedge wizard on Steelhaven, in a game with a big cast of characters overlapping names happens at times.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:54 pm

Anja's Post:

'Check what? There's dozens of HMO's, state and federal programs. Ask every single one, they'd have to.' Nicole replied dismissively, searching a workbench for keys. 'You expecting Patty and Selma to bother doing that? Cops can't even be bothered to check out-of-state warrants half the time.' giving a little smile on grabbing the keys and seeing they appeared to be the right ones.

'As long as you clear the vision test at the DMV, should be fine. Why they gonna ask everyone about a guy with 20/20 vision? If for some odd reason they do find out, simply say you had "cutting edge laser surgery" or some shit. These are pen-pushers, not opticians. And searching records means more work, which is a big no-no.' going around to the driver's side of the car and trying out the key.

[No worries, as ever]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:20 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"She have already gone through the Nes Super Mario games and Kid Ikarus and Castlevania and something named Contra, the Ninja game was not the first old game I bought her."
Ir explained and Mary Elisabeth smiled a little.
"I like little pepole who jump around on the screen but I wish there where more jumping girl pepole."
She declared.
Colin grinned, "Oh, dear... better Ninja Gaiden than Contra, I guess... Hum, heroines in such games, though... Metroid? More exploration than lightning reflexes, though... but plenty of jumping."

"She will get a trial yes but we both know it will only go one way Sir."
Betty said and she shuddered a little.
"Still you have to admire the woman's composure in a situation like this even if she made a good attemnt at fleeing when she was transported, she is not just laying down and going quietly but she is not panicing either."
He smiled wryly, "So she tried to make a run for it when they came to collect her, did she? I've seen the future, and she'll not be broken, even at the last... She'll stand up defiant, even without her Avatar, before they finally end her life..."

Udella grinned a little at that.
"Very true Mr Wainwright very true. Well for me while I love the Italian kitchen I am also fond of food from all over the world, food and a glass of good wine to go with it and a nice cup of tea after the meal."
He smiled, "The English kitchen is more supportive of ales and beers with dinner than wines... though I will admit I've come across a few good vintages - the Australians make some excellent Cabernets to go with assorted mutton dishes, for example."

"Yeah Master Adimari seams like a good person and she is giving me a chance which is more than most would. Well I guess I will just hang around in here until she gets back."
Allison said and grinned wryly.
"Hum...and are you not the guy who stabbed me in the butt?"
She asked and raised an eyebrow.
He grinned wryly, "Yes, well, I might have tried to look out for you, myself, if not for my already adopting Devourer of Fetuses as my own daughter and apprentice... And yes, I am the guy who stabbed you in the butt... If it is any comfort, it is unlikely I will have to do so again... even if our families become close."

"I can understand it...well such dates do not always overlap but this to is something better discussed in private Mr Wainwright."
Udella cautioned.
"I see, well let us find a private room and you can tell me about your trouble."
She said as you got out of the basement and headed to the stairs. You saw Mrs Yellow chasing Rikki's tail as the two cats ran around the lobby playing. Udella smiled a little as she saw the two animals before she headed upstairs. You soon found one of the sitting rooms, the same your party had used earlier to be empty so a simple spell to block out sound escaping from the room to be overheard and a quick ward should ensure privacy.
He nodded quietly, grinning as they came across the two cats, "Well, those two have the right idea, I guess - now that the crisis is over, they can play freely..."
As they entered the sitting room, Colin drew out his wand and cast his Scrambling Rote on the room, arching an eye at Udella, "I can't do much about blocking sound, but at least scrying on the room should be much harder now... Let's see, first things first, I've managed to borrow the collar belonging to Mrs. Piti and Mrs. Wellspring - their wedding band, if you will - until I can have one crafted specifically for Anna. So she is safe from the serum, thank Heavens. On the less happy side of things, the battle in the Boston Labyrinth went a little awry toward the end - while I managed to conscript the Handler's aid in defeating Larson, there was something that came out of the Caul and started killing the Masters who were trying to destroy it... I had no good options, and had to charge into the Caul. I was successful, and managed to destroy it without Falling, but unfortunately, Senior Quaesitor Vittoria D'Angelo was present and tried to examine Mia uninvited and without a verdict, and was stung for the effort... she knows I have a shard cluster, though I don't think she has seen the wonder at the core. She tried to arrest me on the spot, but I did not have the time to deal with that particular fuss, and since she has an obviously hostile attitude toward me, Chief Morgan accepted my suggestion to call in Master Tolle to investigate my state of being in D'Angelo's stead, and that I would surrender myself to his authority immediately upon my return from my errands in Chicago... which means, I may need legal counsel for the inquiries, even if i have full faith he will not be willing or able to declare me completely Fallen. I will have to get a quick comparison scan done by Master Telar upon returning, though - I did pick up some... more strays in the Caul, and I feel like Mia is a bit stronger again... I did not come out unaffected, even if I am unscathed by the experience..."

((OOC: At least you haven't called anyone John Smith - there about 45,000 of those in the US. And over five million Johns. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum