Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 5 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:16 am

[Serge] (Steelhaven 4 30 in the afternoon.)

"Mind Magick." Serge said simply. "That was the main thing. She taught me how to concentrate and free my mind from the restriction and rules placed upon it. While in that state she taught me how to better control my own crazy mind. She also taught me how to influence other minds so that they could view the world as I do."

"That sounds really practical."
Paul said and nodded.
"Do that mean you can talk with animals with your magick?"

He altered the drawing to follow the description. The turtle now known as Lim-Dul was now nibbling at the drawn Paul's ears while Serge colored in Liliana's shell differently.

"Soon you'll see them in real life, but hopefully for now this will tide you over." Serge said softly as he laid the picture in front of the weeping Paul's face.

Paul smiled a little as he saw the drawing and he wiped at his tears.
"That is actually pretty close."
He said softly the picture seamed to cheer him up a little.

"Get some rest, you'll heal faster and the faster you heal the faster you can get back to your old life."

With those last soft words spoken, Serge entered a heightened mental state and began to guide his imagination through his drawings. He focused on the turtles, which were classically symbolic for defense, and the fish, the animals that had helped Paul through his ordeal.

He brought the positive emotions that those memories had inspired within Paul and used them as a shield, similarly to how he had protected himself from Paul's trauma when he ventured into his mind. He crafted a simple dream for Paul to experience, relaxing in the middle of the Koi pond fish and turtles on either side of him, blissfully floating away without another thought or worry.

As your magick lessened Paul's fear his exhaustion took over and he fell asleep, you managed to guide his battered, broken mind into a peaceful dream about his parent's koi pound that he so loved, and soon the wounded man was sleeping peacefully.
"Well done kid."
Ange said from her bed and she gave you a warm smile.
"Well done."

[Nicole] (At the old auto shop 4 30 in the afternoon.)

Nicole reluctantly put down her rifle, fished out a pen from her pocket and grabbed a bit of paper to write the address on. 'Would be best; don't actually have a place in the city right now.'

"Ok Ma'am but then you have to wait until tomorrow morning when the dealership is open. Willow Deliveries have arangements with several shops so we can deliver goods on all days of the week but if you are picking up the car yourself you have to weight until eight Monday morning. I can let them know that you are coming though."
The delivery man said politely.

[Adley] (At Steelhaven 4 30 in the afternoon.)

"You've been up longer than I have, I know that much and I hate complaining but I'm exhausted too. I can only imagine that your blood is about fifty fifty percent coffee."

"I think after what we have been through the last few days a bit of complaining is in order mea filius."
Jeffry said then he grinned a little.
"At the very least I have a feeling that if I had fed a Massassa right now it would have ended up rather hyper."

"Quite. Well, I'm not sure what sort of favor she might be able to offer but you never know when something like that might turn out to be handy," he said, thoughtfully. "You know, I didn't even connect that the person who attacked you was the spiders...even though I knew there was a werespider. I think the plurality of it caused a disconnect, oh and being targeted not five seconds later..." He shook his head.

"There are many weapons in this world mea filius, some of them are made of lead or steel and some of magick, but often as important a weapon can be favors, having someone owe you one is never a bad idea, you never know when that might come in handy."
Your Mentor agreed.
"I have seen a Verbena onc transform into a murder of crows but usually a shapeshifter will become one animal not a swarm...it would have been facinating if not for how close the woman came to end me...thank you for saving my life."
The old Hermetic said and smiled.

"Whatever you are having is fine, sir, thank you," he agreed and went to find somewhere to sit.

Jeffry nodded. You found a table by the window, you saw two little old ladies pass by on the street beside the Chantry, it was allmost strange how for them and everyone else this was just a regular Sunday. Soon your Mentor returned with two steaming bowls of rich vegtable soup filled with diced vegtables and noodles.
"I...did not feel like meat, not right now I hope the soup are ok."
Jeffry said as he put the soup and fresh bread before you.
"I will go and get your brother as well, you just start eating I will be right back."
He said and waited to see if you had anything to say before he headed for the basement.

[Colin] (At Morningstar 6 in the afternoon.)

Colin smiled thinly, "I hear he's got an impressive track record, so yes, between his tactical prowess and his technological knowhow, he's probably the best suited. Eccentricities notwithstanding."

"The man is impressive, a Master of the Art before he was out of his teens, he lead a sucsessful siege on MECHA when he was seventeen, saving a number of prisoners. He is eccentric but he would be a good man for such a task."
Crexia said and nodded.

He grinned, "I asked her nicely and gave her a gift... and more importantly, she and Larson had a serious difference of opinion going back to when Dalisse's ship landed for repairs and was expropriated by Larson, who also betrayed the Gilledian in Boston so Larson could seize power without... going through proper channels. In fact, when I got there, Dalisse had had the fine webbing between her fingers cut as punishment for warning the Aswadim of Larson's attempt to bind him. I presented an excellent opportunity for Dalisse to rid herself of a Labyrinth that treated her cruelly and respectlessly, who tried to violate the sanctity of an Oracle, and who literally tried to unmake Reality... Dalisse does not subscribe to the Fallen ideal of unraveling the world; the chance to break the bindings that held her poor ship down, so they could roam the Deep again was the best deal she had seen in years. She may have been with the Nephandi for a long time, but really, her situation was essentially that of a senior citizen in a mansion, forced to play hostess for rowdy and ruthless squatters who controlled her ability to communicate with the outside world."

"Ah so that is where your Dune book went then."
The old archmage said and smiled then she listened to what you had to say and nodded.
"That makes every sense then, and makes me optimistic that eventually we can recruit her over to our side, and get the Council to agree to it, she would be a powerful ally."

He nodded, "I'll have to, obviously. There's still enough trouble on the horizon."

"Indeed, quite literary as well young man."
Crexia said and grinned.

He nodded, then frowned, "She reacted... as anticipated, like a fragmentation grenade in a phone booth. Dear God, I'm going to have Chuck Norris-style jokes told about me now, won't I? 'Colin Wainwright walked into a Caul, and the Caul died...' That's a terrifying aspect of the whole thing that I never considered before now..."

"Well I can certinly imagine that there will be some...tales told about your acomplishment."
Crexia said and nodded.
"I assume your shard cluster just gathered itself back togeter once it had done it's work?"
She asked.
"They are a durable lot."

He shook his head and smiled, "I've already consulted with, ah, my family lawyer; she'll be accompanying Anna and me back to Boston in a little bit, once I've conferred with Master Min on a final matter. And fortunately, I've ensured that the investigating Quaesitor does not have a personal grudge against me - Master D'Angelo made a rash move against me when I emerged from the Caul, proving her personal... bias. I have faith in Master Tolle's impartiality in the matter, and Mia's purity at the core."

"It sounds like you have it all well in hand then."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Master Adimari are a skilled defense advocate and Master Tolle is...fair in his own way, he will not care if he like you or not, you could pour your night pot on his head and he would still find ou inocent if indeed you are inocent."
The old archmage said.
"I last saw Master Min in the library he might still be there."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 5 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Adley Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:59 am

"I think after what we have been through the last few days a bit of complaining is in order mea filius." Jeffry said then he grinned a little. "At the very least I have a feeling that if I had fed a Massassa right now it would have ended up rather hyper."

"We saved the world, we earned the right to complain," he said in a joking tone.

"There are many weapons in this world mea filius, some of them are made of lead or steel and some of magick, but often as important a weapon can be favors, having someone owe you one is never a bad idea, you never know when that might come in handy." Your Mentor agreed. "I have seen a Verbena onc transform into a murder of crows but usually a shapeshifter will become one animal not a swarm...it would have been facinating if not for how close the woman came to end me...thank you for saving my life."

"Thank Ms Bouchard, I think she did most of the killing. "

"I...did not feel like meat, not right now I hope the soup are ok." Jeffry said as he put the soup and fresh bread before you. "I will go and get your brother as well, you just start eating I will be right back." He said and waited to see if you had anything to say before he headed for the basement.

"Seems to be going around, temporary vegetarianism...I don't mind." When he mentioned his brother he nodded, with a tired smile. "Alright, that's an easy order to obey," he said. "See you both soon, sir." He looked around at who was nearby him and then picked up the spoon, looking down at the soup before he started to eat.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:43 am

"We saved the world, we earned the right to complain," he said in a joking tone.

"Ah yes I do think there is some ancient magickal law somewhere that say that those who save the world get the right to complain."
Jeffry said sounding a bit amused.

"Thank Ms Bouchard, I think she did most of the killing. "

"And I plan to thank her once she return to the Chantry but you where a part of it so I am thanking you as well mea filius."
The old Hermetic said simply.

"Seems to be going around, temporary vegetarianism...I don't mind." When he mentioned his brother he nodded, with a tired smile. "Alright, that's an easy order to obey," he said. "See you both soon, sir." He looked around at who was nearby him and then picked up the spoon, looking down at the soup before he started to eat.

"I guess seeing enough death and fleshy walls do something about one's appetite."
Jeffry said then he nodded and went to get Kyle. You saw Hildegard, Ty, Joe and Bianca sitting on the table next to yours, two members from Riverside one of which had his leg bandaged sat eating with Theodora and Francis, but the room was generally willing up and most everyone save those on guard duty or wounded where here. The soup was delicious, it was perfectly spiced and the vegtabels where a little firm, the noodles where just done, it was clear Darrian could cook.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:57 am

"And I plan to thank her once she return to the Chantry but you where a part of it so I am thanking you as well mea filius." The old Hermetic said simply.

"I'm just glad we're both still around," he said.

"I guess seeing enough death and fleshy walls do something about one's appetite." Jeffry said then he nodded and went to get Kyle.

"Does something to appetites, I'm sure," he said wryly. For a while, he just sat eating unless someone tried to talk with him, waiting for his pater and brother to come back.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:07 am

"I'm just glad we're both still around," he said.

"So am I mea filius, so am I."
Jeffry said and he gave you a pat on the shoulder.

"Does something to appetites, I'm sure," he said wryly. For a while, he just sat eating unless someone tried to talk with him, waiting for his pater and brother to come back.

After a few minutes Jeffry returned to the common room with Kyle, the teenager looked a little pale but he smiled to you when your Mentor directed him to your table as he went to get the kid some food.
"Hi Adley."
Kyle said and scratched his head as he sat down.
"I am glad to see that you and Master Morgan are ok and not just because I need you guys to keep my magickal thingie. What about the others I have met here are they ok?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:19 am

"Hi Adley." Kyle said and scratched his head as he sat down. "I am glad to see that you and Master Morgan are ok and not just because I need you guys to keep my magickal thingie. What about the others I have met here are they ok?"

He raised his eyebrow at his avatar being referred to as 'thingie' but was too tired to give a lecture. "Good afternoon Kyle, it's good to see you as well. How are you feeling?" he asked, then answered his questions. "While I'm not sure of everyone you have met, our chantry was luckier than some others. There are injuries, but no one was killed. It has been harder on some of our allies though," he said with a frown. "Was Ms Addlebloom with you still? I imagine she might be hungry."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:31 am

"That sounds really practical."
Paul said and nodded.
"Do that mean you can talk with animals with your magick?"

"Actually I could...sort of. But I'm definitely not good at it. I was kind of a dick to those fish earlier." Serge admitted, looking at the goldfish who he had already connected minds with before.

"There's a whole group of nature witches who specialize in that sort of thing, but animal minds were always too simple for me."

Paul smiled a little as he saw the drawing and he wiped at his tears.
"That is actually pretty close."
He said softly the picture seamed to cheer him up a little.
As your magick lessened Paul's fear his exhaustion took over and he fell asleep, you managed to guide his battered, broken mind into a peaceful dream about his parent's koi pound that he so loved, and soon the wounded man was sleeping peacefully.
"Well done kid."
Ange said from her bed and she gave you a warm smile.
"Well done."

Ange's praise meant more to Serge than anything else in the world and it definitely showed on Serge's face. His face lightened up, despite still being around exposed spines, the smell of blood, and having nearly been consumed by a man's terror.

He returned the smile and said, "It's nothing. I wouldn't be your apprentice if I couldn't do stuff like this. All in a day's work for Serge Yager! Wizard Extraordinaire!"

After his heroic flourish, he looked back at Paul still feeling a hint of sadness at how terrible of an experience he and many of the other in the infirmary had to face. Still, he buried those emotions deep inside of him. It wouldn't do the patients any good if he was sad.

Looking back at Allison Serge said, "I guess next up we have the catatonic man who's hiding underneath the kitchen table.". He turned and looked to see if that man's situation had improved or changed at all.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:33 am

"Actually I could...sort of. But I'm definitely not good at it. I was kind of a dick to those fish earlier." Serge admitted, looking at the goldfish who he had already connected minds with before.

"There's a whole group of nature witches who specialize in that sort of thing, but animal minds were always too simple for me."

"Ah poor fishies they are simple creatures but there are beauty in them."
Paul said and smiled a little.
"It must be interesting I think to read the minds of animals, learn what they think."
He added.
"But I guess their minds must be very different than that of humans."

Ange's praise meant more to Serge than anything else in the world and it definitely showed on Serge's face. His face lightened up, despite still being around exposed spines, the smell of blood, and having nearly been consumed by a man's terror.

He returned the smile and said, "It's nothing. I wouldn't be your apprentice if I couldn't do stuff like this. All in a day's work for Serge Yager! Wizard Extraordinaire!"

"You are kind Serge and you are using your magick to help others, that is what I want for you, that and for you to be happy."
Ange said and smiled a little at your antics.

After his heroic flourish, he looked back at Paul still feeling a hint of sadness at how terrible of an experience he and many of the other in the infirmary had to face. Still, he buried those emotions deep inside of him. It wouldn't do the patients any good if he was sad.

Looking back at Allison Serge said, "I guess next up we have the catatonic man who's hiding underneath the kitchen table.". He turned and looked to see if that man's situation had improved or changed at all.

The catatonic man was still motionless in his bed. Allison nodded.
"If you are up to it Mr Yager then yes he would be next."
The hedge wizard said as she looked at the poor man.
"He is in the same situation as Mr Fletcher, the shock of what was done to him Awakened him...he will be hard to reach...he is terribly traumatized."

He raised his eyebrow at his avatar being referred to as 'thingie' but was too tired to give a lecture. "Good afternoon Kyle, it's good to see you as well. How are you feeling?" he asked,

"Compared to the shit you have been through I really can not complain."
Kyle said and smiled a little, though he absentmindeddly grasped at his back that probably still hurt a little after his visit to the hospital.
"How are you doing Adley?"

then answered his questions. "While I'm not sure of everyone you have met, our chantry was luckier than some others. There are injuries, but no one was killed. It has been harder on some of our allies though," he said with a frown.

"So other Chantries lost pepole, that is not good, though I guess it was bound to be some loss."
The young mage said sadly.
"Are Larson gone? Are she gone so she can not threathen my family or anyone else again?"

"Was Ms Addlebloom with you still? I imagine she might be hungry."

"Yeah she was with me but when Master Morgan came to bring me up here she said she wanted to check on someone named Master Sharaya and see if he needed anything before she went to eat herself."
Kyle explained.

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:52 am

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Ah so that is where your Dune book went then."
The old archmage said and smiled then she listened to what you had to say and nodded.
"That makes every sense then, and makes me optimistic that eventually we can recruit her over to our side, and get the Council to agree to it, she would be a powerful ally."
Colin smiled, "I gave away a book, and made a friend. And as a bonus, I managed to help take down a Nephandi leader who wanted to unmake the world today. I think I did good."

"Indeed, quite literary as well young man."
Crexia said and grinned.
He grimaced, "I didn't even consider that one before you pointed it out. But yes... there's trouble brewing still, but nothing as immediately critical as the end of the world."

"Well I can certinly imagine that there will be some...tales told about your acomplishment."
Crexia said and nodded.
"I assume your shard cluster just gathered itself back togeter once it had done it's work?"
She asked.
"They are a durable lot."
He nodded, "She is a tough lady, and yes, she gathered her pieces again... as well as whatever pieces she found there, too. I... she's grown stronger again, and there's a bit of... unpleasantness to that. I'm going to need the method for restoring my Avatar as much as Anna will..."

"It sounds like you have it all well in hand then."
Crexia said and nodded.
"Master Adimari are a skilled defense advocate and Master Tolle is...fair in his own way, he will not care if he like you or not, you could pour your night pot on his head and he would still find ou inocent if indeed you are inocent."
The old archmage said.
"I last saw Master Min in the library he might still be there."
He arched an eyebrow, "I do believe that if i were to do that to Master Tolle, he would find me incredibly guilty of breaking the First Protocol. Possibly also the eighth, depending on how I did it. But he would likely not tack anything else on to the charges, no."
He nodded, gathering up his things, "Well, then, Milady, I believe I have given you a summary of the pertinent details; I'm sure we'll have time to discuss matters further in-depth at a later date. By your leave, I will look for Master Min, then."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:08 am

Anja's Post:

'That will be fine. Rather busy right now as is.' Nicole replied, picking up her rifle again.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:43 pm

'That will be fine. Rather busy right now as is.' Nicole replied, picking up her rifle again.

"Very well then Ma'am, then I will notify the dealership that you will pick the car up tomorrow morning. Is there anything else you where wondering about around this then Ma'am?"
The delivery man asked.

Colin smiled, "I gave away a book, and made a friend. And as a bonus, I managed to help take down a Nephandi leader who wanted to unmake the world today. I think I did good."

"I would say that is a good use of a book Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and grinned.

He grimaced, "I didn't even consider that one before you pointed it out. But yes... there's trouble brewing still, but nothing as immediately critical as the end of the world."

"No at least not yet, for now the crisis is averted, it seams we get to live to see Monday, which is a good thing, I have appointments after all. But yes you did good, we all did good and I hope you manage to settle your remaining trouble in a satisfactoary manner as well."
The old archmage said and smiled.

He nodded, "She is a tough lady, and yes, she gathered her pieces again... as well as whatever pieces she found there, too. I... she's grown stronger again, and there's a bit of... unpleasantness to that. I'm going to need the method for restoring my Avatar as much as Anna will..."

"She seams to be fond of picking up new shards and I imagine there where a few of them in the Caul, which is concerning."
Crexia said.
"I am glad that she was not harmed and that the two of you did not Fall though, that would have been a tragic outcome."
She added and frowned.

He arched an eyebrow, "I do believe that if i were to do that to Master Tolle, he would find me incredibly guilty of breaking the First Protocol. Possibly also the eighth, depending on how I did it. But he would likely not tack anything else on to the charges, no."

"Well yes, he certinly would have you up on charges for breaking the First Protocol, but that would be a seperate case, he would not hold your actions against you for the original one, for Master Tolle only the letter of the law matter and nothing else."
The Tytalus said.

He nodded, gathering up his things, "Well, then, Milady, I believe I have given you a summary of the pertinent details; I'm sure we'll have time to discuss matters further in-depth at a later date. By your leave, I will look for Master Min, then."

"Thank you for the summary Mr Wainwright. I will look forward to talking with you again."
Crexia said as she rose to walk you to the door of her office.
"Off course, have a nice evening Mr Wainwright, and good luck."
She said as she saw you on your way.

(OOC: My internet went down, damn it alt i boks (the internet company) you have one job. *scowls at* )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:47 pm

"Compared to the shit you have been through I really can not complain." Kyle said and smiled a little, though he absentmindeddly grasped at his back that probably still hurt a little after his visit to the hospital. "How are you doing Adley?"

"Tired, still on edge, lots to do and figure out. I'm going to feel like hell tomorrow though," he said.

"So other Chantries lost pepole, that is not good, though I guess it was bound to be some loss." The young mage said sadly. "Are Larson gone? Are she gone so she can not threathen my family or anyone else again?"

"We got her. But let's not talk about some of the details right at the table, in case it upsets someone..." He looked a bit uneasy. Technically, Larson hadn't been taken yet to Horizon that he knew but was, in many ways, quite gone with her avatar evicted. But that gas was not polite table talk nor was the inevitable link to Jace. "I know you're wondering what happened, that's normal."

"Yeah she was with me but when Master Morgan came to bring me up here she said she wanted to check on someone named Master Sharaya and see if he needed anything before she went to eat herself." Kyle explained.

He smiled a bit when Kyle mentioned Narim and then nodded. "Good. That was good of her, I'm glad she's getting around a bit now. This soup is really good, I think you'll like it."

// I hate when the net goes down

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:12 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"I would say that is a good use of a book Mr Wainwright."
Crexia said and grinned.
Colin smiled, "Making friends - that's the best use of a book."

"No at least not yet, for now the crisis is averted, it seams we get to live to see Monday, which is a good thing, I have appointments after all. But yes you did good, we all did good and I hope you manage to settle your remaining trouble in a satisfactoary manner as well."
The old archmage said and smiled.
He nodded, "I am optimistic. And yes, I have appointments, too. Promises to keep, to people to whom I haven't made those promises yet..."

"She seams to be fond of picking up new shards and I imagine there where a few of them in the Caul, which is concerning."
Crexia said.
"I am glad that she was not harmed and that the two of you did not Fall though, that would have been a tragic outcome."
She added and frowned.
He frowned, "It would likely have thrown all the potential progress toward restoring an Avatar again out the window, tainted by association... But I had faith in her strength, and could not afford to let the things that came out of the poor Caul to start killing the others on the front line... A calculated risk; the boost in power I received was... an unexpected consequence - I should not call it a bonus just yet."

"Well yes, he certinly would have you up on charges for breaking the First Protocol, but that would be a seperate case, he would not hold your actions against you for the original one, for Master Tolle only the letter of the law matter and nothing else."
The Tytalus said.
He smiled, "He is a fixed point; we should all cultivate acquaintances with such, if only to have a reliable reference point for moral or ethical questions. A lighthouse in the sea of law, if you will."

"Thank you for the summary Mr Wainwright. I will look forward to talking with you again."
Crexia said as she rose to walk you to the door of her office.
"Off course, have a nice evening Mr Wainwright, and good luck."
She said as she saw you on your way.
He bowed politely, and stepped out, glancing around, "Ah, where is your library, by the way?"

((OOC: Well, yeah, internet loss sucks. Welcome back on the information superhighway. Such as it is. Might lose power tonight; rough weather forecast...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Anja's Post:

'Nah... think that's everything.' Nicole replied.

[Will swap your Altibox for my Vodaphone.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:35 pm

"Ah poor fishies they are simple creatures but there are beauty in them."
Paul said and smiled a little.
"It must be interesting I think to read the minds of animals, learn what they think."
He added.
"But I guess their minds must be very different than that of humans."

"It's cool to learn what's going on in their heads even if its usually a variation of 'I'm hungry', 'I'm happy', or 'I'm scared." Serge said with a chuckle.

The catatonic man was still motionless in his bed. Allison nodded.
"If you are up to it Mr Yager then yes he would be next."
The hedge wizard said as she looked at the poor man.
"He is in the same situation as Mr Fletcher, the shock of what was done to him Awakened him...he will be hard to reach...he is terribly traumatized."

"Oh...he also awakened?" Serge said curiously. "Looks like a lot of people are learning about mages today. And the trauma. Last time that sort of trauma nearly swallowed me whole. This time I'll be a little more careful"

He walked up to the man and looked him over carefully. "Let's not be stupid this time." he thought as he closed his eyes. When he went into Paul's mind he had had to fight for his sanity against a wave of trauma. This time he would go in with a bit more protection, just in case.

He began to mediate, focusing on thoughts about himself. Remembering who he was. Memories of his heroic declarations, the joy he had brought onto people, and his mentor's smile were burned brightly into his mind. The same thoughts that he had used to protect against the forces within Paul's mind. He used those thoughts to anchor his mind and protect it from the chaotic pull of fear that likely plagued the man.

(OOC: Last time he did this blindly, Serge nearly got consumed by madness. Let's prepare a little bit Razz. Mind 3 effect to shield against the negative emotions/trauma present within the man's mind.  

Roll: 9, 8, 1, 9 - 6, 5, 2, 9 - 10, 1, 3, 10

I'll use two successes on duration and the rest on the strength of the shield.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:07 pm

"It's cool to learn what's going on in their heads even if its usually a variation of 'I'm hungry', 'I'm happy', or 'I'm scared." Serge said with a chuckle.

"I guess that is how allot of animals think."
Paul said and he smiled a little.
"Though mammals at least have more complex wants and needs than that."

"Oh...he also awakened?" Serge said curiously. "Looks like a lot of people are learning about mages today. And the trauma. Last time that sort of trauma nearly swallowed me whole. This time I'll be a little more careful"

"A traumatic event leaves the mind more open and vunerable and can lead to Awakening, while and traumatic event combined with witnessing magick...well it do not suprise me that at least one of them Awakened on their own, at least this one was not forced Awake...but yes do please be careful Mr Yager."
Allison said and she frowned.

He walked up to the man and looked him over carefully. "Let's not be stupid this time." he thought as he closed his eyes. When he went into Paul's mind he had had to fight for his sanity against a wave of trauma. This time he would go in with a bit more protection, just in case.

He began to mediate, focusing on thoughts about himself. Remembering who he was. Memories of his heroic declarations, the joy he had brought onto people, and his mentor's smile were burned brightly into his mind. The same thoughts that he had used to protect against the forces within Paul's mind. He used those thoughts to anchor his mind and protect it from the chaotic pull of fear that likely plagued the man.

You managed tomake a rather strong shield around your own mind, and anchor to keep you rooted in who you are even if the traumatized man might overwealm you with his pain you should be able to stay safe and protected and able to seek out the man's terrified mind with no danger to yourself.

"Very well then Ma'am please have a good day, goodbye and remember Willow deliveries for all your delivery needs, any day, any time."
The delivery man said with the entusiasm of one who had been ordered by his boss to end all calls that way before he hunt up on the call.
"What was that about? is trouble coming?"
Thorn asked he was still holding onto his dagger.

"Tired, still on edge, lots to do and figure out. I'm going to feel like hell tomorrow though," he said.

"Yeah I bet you will Adley I mean how long have you been awake now?"
Your brother asked you.
"Is there anything I can do to help?"

"We got her. But let's not talk about some of the details right at the table, in case it upsets someone..." He looked a bit uneasy. Technically, Larson hadn't been taken yet to Horizon that he knew but was, in many ways, quite gone with her avatar evicted. But that gas was not polite table talk nor was the inevitable link to Jace. "I know you're wondering what happened, that's normal."

"I do what to know what happened but you are right, I guess no one here want to hear about that right now, so we do not have to talk about it, I just want to know that my dad and my mom are safe you know."
Kyle said and he glanced at you.
"You can tell me more later, when you feel up to it."

He smiled a bit when Kyle mentioned Narim and then nodded. "Good. That was good of her, I'm glad she's getting around a bit now. This soup is really good, I think you'll like it."

"Yeah she sees better now, I hope she will be okey soon, Freddy is nice."
Kyle said. You saw that Jeffry returned with another bowl of soup and bread and put it before Kyle who thanked him and started eating.
"You are right this soup is really good."
The young mage commented as your Mentor sat down and started eating his own food.
"So it is...so it is."
He said and smiled a little.

Colin smiled, "Making friends - that's the best use of a book."

"Quite right Mr Wainwright, quite right."
Crexia said and smiled.

He nodded, "I am optimistic. And yes, I have appointments, too. Promises to keep, to people to whom I haven't made those promises yet..."

"Well it is good then that at least for now the world will keep turning."
She said and nodded.
"And we will make sure we keep it that way."

He frowned, "It would likely have thrown all the potential progress toward restoring an Avatar again out the window, tainted by association... But I had faith in her strength, and could not afford to let the things that came out of the poor Caul to start killing the others on the front line... A calculated risk; the boost in power I received was... an unexpected consequence - I should not call it a bonus just yet."

The archmage nodded at that.
"Just be aware that there might come...temptations and darker impulses now that your Avatar have more Fallen Ephemera in it, a shard cluster is not one Avatar it is a collection of tiny ones, like an endless sea of stars, the problem is some of those stars are dark now, and that will have...consequences."
She warned.

He smiled, "He is a fixed point; we should all cultivate acquaintances with such, if only to have a reliable reference point for moral or ethical questions. A lighthouse in the sea of law, if you will."

"Perhaps so then again I do think there is more to law than the letter of it and a good judge need compassion and kindness in addition to strict morals and severity in order to judge well, and in compassion and kindness Master Tolle is quite lacking."
She said and frownd.

He bowed politely, and stepped out, glancing around, "Ah, where is your library, by the way?"

"If you go out of this hallway, return to the lobby then there is a door right across from the entrance, right next to the left staircase, that is the door to the occult library we also have a general library upstairs but it was the occult one I saw Master Min enter."
Crexia explained as she pointed in the direction of the lobby.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:39 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
The archmage nodded at that.
"Just be aware that there might come...temptations and darker impulses now that your Avatar have more Fallen Ephemera in it, a shard cluster is not one Avatar it is a collection of tiny ones, like an endless sea of stars, the problem is some of those stars are dark now, and that will have...consequences."
She warned.
Colin frowned, "I am aware... I think it might be a bit of Jhor speaking, as well, but I am... uncomfortably more comfortable with the idea of inflicting suffering in battle. And, perhaps, my sense of propriety may have drifted a little into more morbid territory. If you wish to keep half an eye on me, to make sure I don't... start slipping, I will formally permit you to scry on me. In any case, the extent it is at now is... manageable, I think; it is not much stronger than it used to be, but I did... always have some such dark stars. Mia did pick up what she could for five hundred years in the Sentencing Hall, after all..."

"Perhaps so then again I do think there is more to law than the letter of it and a good judge need compassion and kindness in addition to strict morals and severity in order to judge well, and in compassion and kindness Master Tolle is quite lacking."
She said and frownd.
He nodded, "Absolutely, and I might only occasionally agree with Master Tolle's rigor - but we will always know precisely where he'll stand, and in a lot of cases, that can be more valuable than ten compassionate judges. I would not want to face him in a hypothetical case where I'd have to throw myself on the mercy of the court, though."

"If you go out of this hallway, return to the lobby then there is a door right across from the entrance, right next to the left staircase, that is the door to the occult library we also have a general library upstairs but it was the occult one I saw Master Min enter."
Crexia explained as she pointed in the direction of the lobby.
He nodded, "Adjacent to the left staircase, got it. Thank you; I believe I should be able to locate him, then. Good evening, Ma'am, and we'll speak again later, hopefully under more... overall peaceful circumstances."
He bowed again, and made for the library Crexia had indicated, quietly opening the door and stepping inside to look for Min.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:44 am

Anja's Post:

'Thanks'. Nicole said, ending the call. A short silence as she looked around the room again, then slipped her phone and the bit of paper back in her pocket.

'Not sure what it was about. Seems someone wants to give me a car.' her puzzlement clear as she went back to the car and closed the trunk.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:08 am

"Yeah I bet you will Adley I mean how long have you been awake now?" Your brother asked you. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

He looked a bit confused and scratched at his beard. "I'm not really sure. I don't know what time it is now, and I've been sleeping in time bubbles. It's okay though, just make sure I don't fall asleep in my soup."

"I do what to know what happened but you are right, I guess no one here want to hear about that right now, so we do not have to talk about it, I just want to know that my dad and my mom are safe you know." Kyle said and he glanced at you. "You can tell me more later, when you feel up to it."

"I know, hey we should bring them some food too. Or someone should."

"Yeah she sees better now, I hope she will be okey soon, Freddy is nice." Kyle said. You saw that Jeffry returned with another bowl of soup and bread and put it before Kyle who thanked him and started eating. "You are right this soup is really good." The young mage commented as your Mentor sat down and started eating his own food. "So it is...so it is." He said and smiled a little.

"Thank you for helping her." He gave his pater a nod when he returned and went back to finishing his food. "I'll get us a drink," he said, standing up to grab them some water.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:08 am

'Thanks'. Nicole said, ending the call. A short silence as she looked around the room again, then slipped her phone and the bit of paper back in her pocket.

'Not sure what it was about. Seems someone wants to give me a car.' her puzzlement clear as she went back to the car and closed the trunk.

"Someone is giving you a car? That is good I guess but do you know why, very few will give someone an expensive gift like that for no reason."
Thorn said and he looked rather puzzeled as well.
"Do you think this can be some sort of trap?"

Colin frowned, "I am aware... I think it might be a bit of Jhor speaking, as well, but I am... uncomfortably more comfortable with the idea of inflicting suffering in battle. And, perhaps, my sense of propriety may have drifted a little into more morbid territory. If you wish to keep half an eye on me, to make sure I don't... start slipping, I will formally permit you to scry on me. In any case, the extent it is at now is... manageable, I think; it is not much stronger than it used to be, but I did... always have some such dark stars. Mia did pick up what she could for five hundred years in the Sentencing Hall, after all..."

"While I appriciate your offer and it do show that it you are quite dedicated to remaining yourself. I do not think it will be neccesary to scry on you though Mr Wainwright but let us meet for tea now and again and I will let you know if what I see in you then become disturing."
Crexia said and she gave you a nod.

He nodded, "Absolutely, and I might only occasionally agree with Master Tolle's rigor - but we will always know precisely where he'll stand, and in a lot of cases, that can be more valuable than ten compassionate judges. I would not want to face him in a hypothetical case where I'd have to throw myself on the mercy of the court, though."

"I guess it is like the debate I had with Master Harris about computers as judges here the other day. On one side a advanced computer would eliminate many of the problems in the judicinal system, we see in this nation for example that rich and poor defendantes are treated quite differently and so are those of African origins rather than European, such predjudice a computer judge would eliminate which would be a boon, it would only look at the facts, however at the same time a machine would lack the ability to look at an induvidual case and see the reasons that might be there for the criminal activity or show any humanity and mercy. It would be the same thing with Master Tolle."
Crexia said.
"But yes you will always know where the man stands."

He nodded, "Adjacent to the left staircase, got it. Thank you; I believe I should be able to locate him, then. Good evening, Ma'am, and we'll speak again later, hopefully under more... overall peaceful circumstances."

"I hope so as well Mr Wainwright. Be well until then."
Crexia said as you left before she closed the door to her office to go back to her paperwork.

He bowed again, and made for the library Crexia had indicated, quietly opening the door and stepping inside to look for Min.

You got to the library, it was a large room filled with book shelves in rows, there where two doors in one end of the room and in the other corner there where a desk, behind it sat Master Antonius the somewhat senile old Tytalus who owned Granite, the old mage sat reading a red, leathe bound book. You saw Master Min in one of the narrow corridors the rows of book cases created as he was looking over several volumes. The room had the smell of old books and dust.

He looked a bit confused and scratched at his beard. "I'm not really sure. I don't know what time it is now, and I've been sleeping in time bubbles. It's okay though, just make sure I don't fall asleep in my soup."

"It is...ehm...actually I am not so sure what time it is but from the light coming from the window perhaps four or something like that. After the hospital I sort of fell asleep after reading a bit I was rather tired and then that...pressence...I lost track of time. I will try to avoid you falling headfirst into the soup though."
Kyle said and smiled a little.

"I know, hey we should bring them some food too. Or someone should."

"I can do that...I would really like to see them and tell them that I have a chance now, my parents must be worried about me."
Your brother said and frowned.
"My dad have after all been moving us around to try to avoid me being caugt by the Traditionalists so he have to be beside himself."

"Thank you for helping her." He gave his pater a nod when he returned and went back to finishing his food. "I'll get us a drink," he said, standing up to grab them some water.

"That...is ok I kind of have to. I mean if it is only a bit of discomfort for me and it can help her I had to."
Kyle said and scratched his head again. Jeffry nodded.
"That would be nice mea filius."
He said when you went for the pitchers of water that stood on one table and some glassed then he patted Kyle on the shoulder.
"You did well kid. Members of our House have to be willing to sacrifice our own comfort and perhaps our own lives to protect others, that is our duty."
He said solemnly and Kyle chewed on his lower lip and nodded.
"I guess...I can...can do that but I do not know if I can always be brave..."
He admitted.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:35 am

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"While I appriciate your offer and it do show that it you are quite dedicated to remaining yourself. I do not think it will be neccesary to scry on you though Mr Wainwright but let us meet for tea now and again and I will let you know if what I see in you then become disturing."
Crexia said and she gave you a nod.
Colin smiled, "Yes, that would probably be far more convenient for everyone - especially considering the wards at Steelhaven."

"I guess it is like the debate I had with Master Harris about computers as judges here the other day. On one side a advanced computer would eliminate many of the problems in the judicinal system, we see in this nation for example that rich and poor defendantes are treated quite differently and so are those of African origins rather than European, such predjudice a computer judge would eliminate which would be a boon, it would only look at the facts, however at the same time a machine would lack the ability to look at an induvidual case and see the reasons that might be there for the criminal activity or show any humanity and mercy. It would be the same thing with Master Tolle."
Crexia said.
"But yes you will always know where the man stands."
He nodded, "A computer is a fair comparison, I think. Possibly a bit better at extrapolating from case precedent in case of utterly novel situations, but all the same, clear-cut and impartial."

You got to the library, it was a large room filled with book shelves in rows, there where two doors in one end of the room and in the other corner there where a desk, behind it sat Master Antonius the somewhat senile old Tytalus who owned Granite, the old mage sat reading a red, leathe bound book. You saw Master Min in one of the narrow corridors the rows of book cases created as he was looking over several volumes. The room had the smell of old books and dust.
He bowed politely to Antonius, then quietly strolled over toward Min, voice barely creeping above a whisper as he got close, "Ah, Master Min? If I might have a moment of your time?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:43 am

Colin smiled, "Yes, that would probably be far more convenient for everyone - especially considering the wards at Steelhaven."

"Indeed, very much so, and besides discussing the matter over a cup of tea are far more civilized."
Crexia said and she smiled sweetly.

He nodded, "A computer is a fair comparison, I think. Possibly a bit better at extrapolating from case precedent in case of utterly novel situations, but all the same, clear-cut and impartial."

"Very much so and in allot of cases that impartial nature is a boon in a trial far to often a judge will sentence someone they can identify with with a less hard hand than those they can not. You see it quite often old Quesitors with little tolerance for the pranks of the young, that is until they get young apprentices themselves and they see their young ones face reflected in the eyes of the accused and suddenly their judgements mellow out."
The archmaga said.
"Or the oposite where some wrong have been done to a Quesitor and they are then far sterner towards those they can identify with their own tormentors, you will not have the problem with a computer or with Master Tolle."

He bowed politely to Antonius, then quietly strolled over toward Min, voice barely creeping above a whisper as he got close, "Ah, Master Min? If I might have a moment of your time?"

Master Antonius did not seam to notice you as you bowed to him, he continued reading his book, you notice Granite in his lap, the old Tytalus abentmindedly petting the cat as he read. Granite noticed you though and gave a happy mau in your direction.

Master Min looked away from the books he was searching through and nodded.
"Ah Mr Wainwright, yes off course, is it a matter we should discuss in my office?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:14 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Indeed, very much so, and besides discussing the matter over a cup of tea are far more civilized."
Crexia said and she smiled sweetly.
Colin grinned wryly, "Oh, I don't know - fairly primitive societies converse over tea, but it takes a fairly sophisticated civilization to develop the concept of espionage and remote surveillance."

Master Antonius did not seam to notice you as you bowed to him, he continued reading his book, you notice Granite in his lap, the old Tytalus abentmindedly petting the cat as he read. Granite noticed you though and gave a happy mau in your direction.
He smiled, "Hello, Granite. Looking after your Master, are you? Good job."

Master Min looked away from the books he was searching through and nodded.
"Ah Mr Wainwright, yes off course, is it a matter we should discuss in my office?"
He asked.
He nodded, "Yes, first and foremost, I need to make an addendum to my earlier complaint. And there's a thing or two in the aftermath of the battles I'd like to discuss with you."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Colin grinned wryly, "Oh, I don't know - fairly primitive societies converse over tea, but it takes a fairly sophisticated civilization to develop the concept of espionage and remote surveillance."

"Being civilized I think Mr Wainwright have little to do with the wealth or technogical development of one's society, but whatever or not said society have art and music and philosophy and whatever or not one can sit down and discuss differences over tea rather than immediatly reacting with agression, many less technologically advanced societies are more covilized than more sophisticated ones."
Crexia said as she lifted her tea and smelled it again.
"I do miss the taste of tea..."
She mushed to herself.

He smiled, "Hello, Granite. Looking after your Master, are you? Good job."

Granite made another happy sound and he pawed Master Antonius' lap a few times before curling up for more petting. Antonius himself though where lost in his own world and his book and still did not really notice you.

He nodded, "Yes, first and foremost, I need to make an addendum to my earlier complaint. And there's a thing or two in the aftermath of the battles I'd like to discuss with you."

"Very well if you follow me then. I can register borrowing these books with Miss Jarden later when she wakes for the evening."
Master Min said and he took the stack of books he had been gathered, smiled a little to Antonius and lead the way towards his office.
"If you would get the door for me please."
He said as his hands where full of books.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:19 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Being civilized I think Mr Wainwright have little to do with the wealth or technogical development of one's society, but whatever or not said society have art and music and philosophy and whatever or not one can sit down and discuss differences over tea rather than immediatly reacting with agression, many less technologically advanced societies are more covilized than more sophisticated ones."
Crexia said as she lifted her tea and smelled it again.
"I do miss the taste of tea..."
She mushed to herself.
Colin nodded, "True enough - but one of the offshoots of civilization is the distrust in one's neighbour and the ability to get away with breaking one's word that essentially would never happen in a more primitive, subsistence-based society. It's not about whether one responds with immediate aggression, I think, so much as whether the society defaults to assuming that a man's word is good, without the need for contractual confirmation. It's similar to the boy who cried wolf too many times - people simply... stop trusting the word of someone they don't already know."
He grinned wryly, "Then again, perhaps I have read one too many Conan stories, where the eponymous barbarian hero has no patience for deceit..."

"Very well if you follow me then. I can register borrowing these books with Miss Jarden later when she wakes for the evening."
Master Min said and he took the stack of books he had been gathered, smiled a little to Antonius and lead the way towards his office.
"If you would get the door for me please."
He said as his hands where full of books.
He nodded, "I should prefer to have all my business here attended to and be off with my apprentice before sunset; I need to apologize to Miss Jarden at the earliest possibility, and I should obviously prefer not to be in the same building at the time..."
He got the doors for Min, softly closing the library door behind them and opening the office door, "If you don't mind my asking, though, are these books related to the... message I had passed to you before I left last time?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 31 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next