Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 6 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:52 pm

[Colin] (At Morningstar 6 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded, "True enough - but one of the offshoots of civilization is the distrust in one's neighbour and the ability to get away with breaking one's word that essentially would never happen in a more primitive, subsistence-based society. It's not about whether one responds with immediate aggression, I think, so much as whether the society defaults to assuming that a man's word is good, without the need for contractual confirmation. It's similar to the boy who cried wolf too many times - people simply... stop trusting the word of someone they don't already know."
He grinned wryly, "Then again, perhaps I have read one too many Conan stories, where the eponymous barbarian hero has no patience for deceit..."

"I think it very much depend on what one put into the concept of honor. In societies that live more hand to mouth it is about survival, you need to know your friend is there at your side helping you bring down a large prey animal for dinner, you need to know he will protect you if someone attacks, you need to know that he will care for your wife and children if you fall during the hunt, being able to trst those around you and for them to be able to trust you are life or death. In more complex societies honor tend to more develop into systems and idea, your honor depend on the choice of dress for your female relatives or that she is a virgin when she marry, honor depend on your wealth and in repaying blood with blood, I am not so sure it have anything to do with being civilized though but more how complx a society are and how close to the throat the teeth of the wolf are so to speak."
Crexia said softly.

He nodded, "I should prefer to have all my business here attended to and be off with my apprentice before sunset; I need to apologize to Miss Jarden at the earliest possibility, and I should obviously prefer not to be in the same building at the time..."

"I understand Mr Wainwright. I will try to be able to offer what aid I can as quickly as possible then."
Master Min said and nodded.

He got the doors for Min, softly closing the library door behind them and opening the office door, "If you don't mind my asking, though, are these books related to the... message I had passed to you before I left last time?"

"Ah no, these are related to a client...Master Adimari asked me to defend her new student and I need to prepare what I can, so I am reading up on non Fallen infernalists, and legal precedents."
The old Hermetic said before he put the books on his desk.
"There was once a teenaged girl I...could not save it will not happen again."
He declared then he added.
"But I can not really discuss another case in detail, what can I do for you Mr Wainwright? And can I offer you some coffee or tea?"
He asked as he sat down behind his desk.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 6 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:15 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"I think it very much depend on what one put into the concept of honor. In societies that live more hand to mouth it is about survival, you need to know your friend is there at your side helping you bring down a large prey animal for dinner, you need to know he will protect you if someone attacks, you need to know that he will care for your wife and children if you fall during the hunt, being able to trst those around you and for them to be able to trust you are life or death. In more complex societies honor tend to more develop into systems and idea, your honor depend on the choice of dress for your female relatives or that she is a virgin when she marry, honor depend on your wealth and in repaying blood with blood, I am not so sure it have anything to do with being civilized though but more how complx a society are and how close to the throat the teeth of the wolf are so to speak."
Crexia said softly.
Colin nodded slowly, pondering, "That does seem to be a more... detailed and accurate reading of the issue, yes. But we do digress a bit, I think."

"I understand Mr Wainwright. I will try to be able to offer what aid I can as quickly as possible then."
Master Min said and nodded.
He nodded, "I do not intend to take up much of your time."

"Ah no, these are related to a client...Master Adimari asked me to defend her new student and I need to prepare what I can, so I am reading up on non Fallen infernalists, and legal precedents."
The old Hermetic said before he put the books on his desk.
"There was once a teenaged girl I...could not save it will not happen again."
He declared then he added.
"But I can not really discuss another case in detail, what can I do for you Mr Wainwright? And can I offer you some coffee or tea?"
He asked as he sat down behind his desk.
He nodded, "If it helps, Allison was alive and intact in a vision some five years down the line... though there was a separate complication with the thrice-accursed serum and a prolonged stay on it - Master Adimari is looking into alternatives to that method of restraint, though. But you are right, I should not be privy to that case in progress; pardon me. Ah, I've already had plenty of tea, so I shall pass. I mainly need to append a matter to my complaint against Nurse Bosh; the stress she inflicted on Anna this morning when attempting to give her a shot against instruction caused Anna to tear internal stitching, causing a potentially fatal inner hemorrhaging. I should like to add this as aggravating the nurse's culpability, though I will not request it be taken as a demand for harsher punishment than what was already suggested."
He glanced back to make sure the door was properly shut, and his face softened a little, "That said, regarding the message I sent you earlier - if you take him up on it, I'd be glad to bear witness for you, assuming my own immediate legal complications are dealt with expediently enough."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:16 pm

Anja's Post:

'Well duh.' Nicole replied, giving Thorn a look for a moment. 'Half suspected the call itself was the old "distraction call", I did.' going towards the garage doors to get them open so she could drive the Subaru out of the shop and parked up elsewhere for an hour or two.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:59 pm

Colin nodded slowly, pondering, "That does seem to be a more... detailed and accurate reading of the issue, yes. But we do digress a bit, I think."

"Yes I would agree we have digressed it seam from the original point which is I would much rather meet with you now and again over tea and evaluate you that way Mr Wainwright than scry on your activities."
Crexia said with a slight smile.

He nodded, "I do not intend to take up much of your time."

Master Min just nodded at that.

He nodded, "If it helps, Allison was alive and intact in a vision some five years down the line... though there was a separate complication with the thrice-accursed serum and a prolonged stay on it - Master Adimari is looking into alternatives to that method of restraint, though. But you are right, I should not be privy to that case in progress; pardon me.

"Well your vision give me grater confidence that I can save the young woman then though time do not always flow as we have forseen it is a good indication as for the serum...I am not a great advocate of it's use, the young woman are not likely to try anything, not when surrounded by older magi and with the cost casting away the chance she have been given would entail, also with her former Mentor dead the girl have nowhere else to go, but yes let us not discuss the topic further, not without Master Adimari's consent."
The Enforcer said as he adjusted the books he had just brought so they would not fall of his desk.

Ah, I've already had plenty of tea, so I shall pass.

"Very well then, if you do not mind me having some then? The air in the library are kept quite dry."
Master Min explained before he went on to magickally heat some water from a bottle after pouring it into a cup and adding a strainer he filled with a spicy smelling tea mix.

I mainly need to append a matter to my complaint against Nurse Bosh; the stress she inflicted on Anna this morning when attempting to give her a shot against instruction caused Anna to tear internal stitching, causing a potentially fatal inner hemorrhaging. I should like to add this as aggravating the nurse's culpability, though I will not request it be taken as a demand for harsher punishment than what was already suggested."

The Quesitor nodded and his face took on a serious expression.
"That do make the situation more severe, I hope your apprentice will recover."
He said then he considered.
"I will bring up the accusation before the Deacon Council, off course Nurse Bosh can overthrow their decicion and demand to be tried at the rtibunal but few do...asking for her to give up her profession in sleeper society as a Cencure though is quite unusual as most of the time, magi they be hedge wizards or Awakned try to keep their identity in sleeper society and our lives among the Awakened as seperate as possible."

He glanced back to make sure the door was properly shut, and his face softened a little, "That said, regarding the message I sent you earlier - if you take him up on it, I'd be glad to bear witness for you, assuming my own immediate legal complications are dealt with expediently enough."

"I...have not decided yet."
The old Quesitor said and he looked down.
"Taking him down would be...I want that revenge I really do, every part of my want that revenge but if I sucseed doing so would leave a power vacum among the Fallen in the city, a power vacum which could be expolited by those far less docile than that man...taking him out would not be for the good of the Tribunal if I even managed to do so...it is a question between my own desires and the best for the Tritbunal and I...it is not an easy decicion to make."
He said softly.
"But thank you Mr Wainwright I appriciate it."

[Nicole] (OOC: Old auto shop at 4 30 in the afternoon.)

"Are you sure it was not? Then again if so I guess we would have been overrun by now."
Thorn said and frowned as he started helping you with the garage door. You saw Violet come back into the room.
"The supplies are here."
The young mage anounced.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Anja's Post:

'Exactly. But don't rule out the car itself being a trick of some form.' Nicole replied, getting the garage door up with a grunt. 'Fucking broken auto-roller.' the last part muttered to herself.

On Violet's announcement, the look of relief was clear on the large woman's face. 'At last. Better go and greet 'em, then.' straightening up and hurrying outside to meet them.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:30 pm

[Nicole] (Old auto shop at 4 30 in the afternoon.)

'Exactly. But don't rule out the car itself being a trick of some form.' Nicole replied, getting the garage door up with a grunt. 'Fucking broken auto-roller.' the last part muttered to herself.

"No I do think it might be wise to try to figure out what is up with it and who have given it to you before you go to collect it."
Thorn said and frowned.

On Violet's announcement, the look of relief was clear on the large woman's face. 'At last. Better go and greet 'em, then.' straightening up and hurrying outside to meet them.

Outside waited two pepole, a woman with short black hair and an tall Asian man with his hair in a ponytail. Thorn gave two two of them a wave.
"That is Jess Mann and Rhee Hoon they are both from my Cabal."
He said as Jess got out of the green car she and Hoon where driving with a green backpack.
"This place look rather scruffy."
She said before she held out a hand towards you.
"Nice to meet you call me Jess."
She said and Hoon came up by her side.
"Hoon..."
He said simply and nodded to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:56 pm

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Well your vision give me grater confidence that I can save the young woman then though time do not always flow as we have forseen it is a good indication as for the serum...I am not a great advocate of it's use, the young woman are not likely to try anything, not when surrounded by older magi and with the cost casting away the chance she have been given would entail, also with her former Mentor dead the girl have nowhere else to go, but yes let us not discuss the topic further, not without Master Adimari's consent."
The Enforcer said as he adjusted the books he had just brought so they would not fall of his desk.
Colin nodded, "Heavens know I've wrenched the timelines aside to my favour several times already this weekend... All the same, the outcome of Allison's trial, I think, is not going to be detrimentally affected by that. Still, that's no excuse for resting on your laurels."

"Very well then, if you do not mind me having some then? The air in the library are kept quite dry."
Master Min explained before he went on to magickally heat some water from a bottle after pouring it into a cup and adding a strainer he filled with a spicy smelling tea mix.
He nodded, "By all means; I would not keep you from tending you your parched tongue."

The Quesitor nodded and his face took on a serious expression.
"That do make the situation more severe, I hope your apprentice will recover."
He said then he considered.
"I will bring up the accusation before the Deacon Council, off course Nurse Bosh can overthrow their decicion and demand to be tried at the rtibunal but few do...asking for her to give up her profession in sleeper society as a Cencure though is quite unusual as most of the time, magi they be hedge wizards or Awakned try to keep their identity in sleeper society and our lives among the Awakened as seperate as possible."
He nodded, "Her methods, though, affect us all negatively - creating adults afraid of medical care, leading to anti-vaccine activists and the new spread of almost-eradicated diseases. The Fallen benefit from such practices, and we should do what we can to prevent that. I am not accusing her of knowingly conspiring with the enemies of creation - far from it - but her brutish methods have consequences. And if a child she has scared in such a manner should Awaken, that will cause more grief for the poor kid's Mentor down the line, too."

"I...have not decided yet."
The old Quesitor said and he looked down.
"Taking him down would be...I want that revenge I really do, every part of my want that revenge but if I sucseed doing so would leave a power vacum among the Fallen in the city, a power vacum which could be expolited by those far less docile than that man...taking him out would not be for the good of the Tribunal if I even managed to do so...it is a question between my own desires and the best for the Tritbunal and I...it is not an easy decicion to make."
He said softly.
"But thank you Mr Wainwright I appriciate it."
He nodded, "There... is another option, I suppose. I won't pretend to know how legal this would be, but... if you were to fight him, and defeat him, you might be able to do so without killing him on the spot - essentially forcing him to concede the fight, like in a wrestling match, for example. Doing so and demanding some other form of compensation than his life might be... viable."
He smiled thinly, "I hope you make the right decision, in any case, whatever course of action you decide on."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:59 pm

Anja's Post:

'Nick.' she replied, taking Jess' proffered hand, then moving over to take the backpack. 'Better make this quick; Mirrorshades might turn up any second. This-' pulling out one of the cash envelopes '-is for Haderman. With my thanks. Could you take her back with you?' gesturing to Violet.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:18 pm

Colin nodded, "Heavens know I've wrenched the timelines aside to my favour several times already this weekend... All the same, the outcome of Allison's trial, I think, is not going to be detrimentally affected by that. Still, that's no excuse for resting on your laurels."

"Well I will certinly aspire to give the young woman the best defense possible but I do hope your vision proves through. Even so she is not Fallen, she is very young and a respected Master is willing to apprentice her I consider her chances to be quite good, though we might to be able to avoid her being Branded."
Min said and frowned.

He nodded, "By all means; I would not keep you from tending you your parched tongue."

The Enforcer gave you a bit of a smile and then sipped his tea.
"Ah much obliged...well perhaps I should let this sit and steep a bit longer though to bring out the fullness of the flavor."

He nodded, "Her methods, though, affect us all negatively - creating adults afraid of medical care, leading to anti-vaccine activists and the new spread of almost-eradicated diseases. The Fallen benefit from such practices, and we should do what we can to prevent that. I am not accusing her of knowingly conspiring with the enemies of creation - far from it - but her brutish methods have consequences. And if a child she has scared in such a manner should Awaken, that will cause more grief for the poor kid's Mentor down the line, too."

"This is all understood and I agree but I also did some ressearch on the matter in preperation of this case coming up before the Deacon Council and Miss Bosh's methods are not unusual in the healthcare field, several clinics and two of the hospitals in this city have a standard practice of restraining all children under the age of twelve during needle procedures, having several adults holding the children down whatever or not they consent to the procedure or the severity of the need, this is only deviated from if the parents insist their children not the restrained, I have found several videos online of family visits to a doctor's office that are quite frankly disturbing showing a great deal of force being used against terrified children for noen life critical procedures. All this can be used to argue that Nurse Bosh only follow the standard practice of her field, not all do it this was though but enough to point out that her methods are quite normal."
Master Min said and frowned.

He nodded, "There... is another option, I suppose. I won't pretend to know how legal this would be, but... if you were to fight him, and defeat him, you might be able to do so without killing him on the spot - essentially forcing him to concede the fight, like in a wrestling match, for example. Doing so and demanding some other form of compensation than his life might be... viable."

"I am not sure of the legality of such an option, generally it is quite frowned on to let a Fallen mage leave if you could kill or capture them."
Min said.
"But it is an option if it is indeed legal, which is something I would have to do research on."

He smiled thinly, "I hope you make the right decision, in any case, whatever course of action you decide on."

The Enforcer nodded at that and looked down into his tea.
"I hope so as well Mr Wainwright, I hope so as well."

'Nick.' she replied, taking Jess' proffered hand, then moving over to take the backpack. 'Better make this quick; Mirrorshades might turn up any second. This-' pulling out one of the cash envelopes '-is for Haderman. With my thanks. Could you take her back with you?' gesturing to Violet.

"Yeah hurrying up might be good, we saw a car that we are pretty sure where full of Unionmen while driving here, they where going in another direction but still...we do not want to have a dance with them."
Jess said then she took the envelope and nodded.
"I will get it to him as soon as I return to the Chantry."
Looking at Violet she nodded.
"She is Ravenblood Dawn's student is she not? I heard what happened."
She said and sigh then she nodded again.
"Yeah we can take her back with us no problem."
Violet looked sad when her Mentor was mentioned.
"Yeah I am...Raven's student...or was I guess."
She whispered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:21 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this, then turned to Violet. 'Thanks for everything. And take care.' Once the three move to leave, she'll follow suit, heading back into the shop.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:43 pm

Nicole nodded to this, then turned to Violet. 'Thanks for everything. And take care.' Once the three move to leave, she'll follow suit, heading back into the shop.

"The same to you, please take care Miss Bouchard."
Violet said and she gave you a sad smile.
"I hope to talk to you again."
She said before she went with the two other mages and they drove of. Thorn seamed to be visably relieved when he did not have to worry about Violet's safety any longer.

You get back into the shop.
"We better wake Mr Shade then and see him off, what if I wake him and get him ready while you find somewhere to park the Subaru?"
The Verbena asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:32 pm

"It is...ehm...actually I am not so sure what time it is but from the light coming from the window perhaps four or something like that. After the hospital I sort of fell asleep after reading a bit I was rather tired and then that...pressence...I lost track of time. I will try to avoid you falling headfirst into the soup though."
Kyle said and smiled a little.

"Almost evening again then."

"I can do that...I would really like to see them and tell them that I have a chance now, my parents must be worried about me." Your brother said and frowned. "My dad have after all been moving us around to try to avoid me being caugt by the Traditionalists so he have to be beside himself."

"Ask our pater if we can bring it up to them, when we're through. I'll be bringing some other stuff upstairs after, myself. I heard you're getting a room set up and everything."

"That...is ok I kind of have to. I mean if it is only a bit of discomfort for me and it can help her I had to." Kyle said and scratched his head again. Jeffry nodded.
"That would be nice mea filius." He said when you went for the pitchers of water that stood on one table and some glassed then he patted Kyle on the shoulder. "You did well kid. Members of our House have to be willing to sacrifice our own comfort and perhaps our own lives to protect others, that is our duty." He said solemnly and Kyle chewed on his lower lip and nodded. "I guess...I can...can do that but I do not know if I can always be brave..." He admitted.

"Well, I think you are a lot braver than you think which is why you are here with us. After all this, I can't imagine that your gauntlet challenge will present a more difficult challenge." He drank some of the water down. It was odd, sitting there...he remembered when his last brother had joined them and he hadn't had many conversations with him, outside of discussions about theory. When he was done eating, he collected his bowl and any others left to take to the kitchen.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:44 pm

[Adley] (Steelhaven 4 30 in the afternoon.)

Almost evening again then."

"Yeah it seams so."
Kyle said as he peered out the window.

"Ask our pater if we can bring it up to them, when we're through. I'll be bringing some other stuff upstairs after, myself. I heard you're getting a room set up and everything."

"Yeah I can ask him, I would really like to see my parents."
Kyle said happily.
"A room? So I do not have to go back to the basement?"
She said and smiled.
"That is good I do not much like being locked in a cell even if it have not been that bad."

"Well, I think you are a lot braver than you think which is why you are here with us. After all this, I can't imagine that your gauntlet challenge will present a more difficult challenge."

"What is a Gauntlet challange?"
Kyle asked as he ate then he looked at Jeffry.
"Can I and Adley take some food up to my parents?"
He asked and the older mage considered for a moment then he nodded.
"Yes but make sure your brother go in the door first and explain that chances are you will be fine, that I will protect you."
He said and at this he gave you a look to remind you to keep an eye open in case Kyle's father decided to kill his son to save him from what he believed the Traditions would do to him.

He drank some of the water down. It was odd, sitting there...he remembered when his last brother had joined them and he hadn't had many conversations with him, outside of discussions about theory. When he was done eating, he collected his bowl and any others left to take to the kitchen.

When you got to the kitchen you saw Freddy preparing a tray to take up to Narim, with a bowl of soup, bread and some water.
"Ehm...Adley right?"
She asked when she sort of saw you.
"I can put those bowls in the dishwasher if you like I see shapes well enough not to be completely useless now."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:56 pm

"Yeah I can ask him, I would really like to see my parents." Kyle said happily. "A room? So I do not have to go back to the basement?" She said and smiled. "That is good I do not much like being locked in a cell even if it have not been that bad."

"There's probably some details to iron out but that seems to be the case."

"What is a Gauntlet challange?" Kyle asked as he ate then he looked at Jeffry.

"It's kind of like a practical test that we take in order to become a full member of the House, it marks the end of your apprenticeship. It is often dangerous but you will receive training of course before our pater decides you are ready."

"Can I and Adley take some food up to my parents?"
He asked and the older mage considered for a moment then he nodded. "Yes but make sure your brother go in the door first and explain that chances are you will be fine, that I will protect you." He said and at this he gave you a look to remind you to keep an eye open in case Kyle's father decided to kill his son to save him from what he believed the Traditions would do to him.

He nodded back to his mentor. "Yes, sir. When I get to the door, you stand to the side out of the direct line of sight and I'll speak with him first. Okay? We don't want any...misunderstandings," he said to Kyle.

When you got to the kitchen you saw Freddy preparing a tray to take up to Narim, with a bowl of soup, bread and some water. "Ehm...Adley right?" She asked when she sort of saw you. "I can put those bowls in the dishwasher if you like I see shapes well enough not to be completely useless now."

"Yes, it is I. I'm glad you're starting to regain your sight. I'll put the dishes on the sideboard," he said. "Tell Narim I said have a good dinner...wish he could be with the rest of us. But I suppose someone needs to keep the light on in the lighthouse until all of us are back."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:00 pm

"A traumatic event leaves the mind more open and vunerable and can lead to Awakening, while and traumatic event combined with witnessing magick...well it do not suprise me that at least one of them Awakened on their own, at least this one was not forced Awake...but yes do please be careful Mr Yager."
Allison said and she frowned.
You managed to make a rather strong shield around your own mind, and anchor to keep you rooted in who you are even if the traumatized man might overwealm you with his pain you should be able to stay safe and protected and able to seek out the man's terrified mind with no danger to yourself.

"I've shielded myself against whatever I might have to face. But still, if something goes wrong just push me. The spell will break if my focus is broken and I lose eye contact with the target. Well, here goes nothing." Serge told Allison as he felt the shield enveloping his mind.

He slowly lowered his head near to the catatonic man's, staring deep into his eyes and beyond them. It was like stepping into his demesne, except it was a world inside someone else's head. It shouldn't be that different....right?

He slowed his breath and focused his mind, remembering the world he had seen before. He could feel the thoughts, emotions, and memories the world was made out of, just beyond the surface. Like stones at the bottom of a lake. He just needed to reach them.

As he concentrated, he felt the world around him blur and fade away as he ventured deeper into the patients mind and to meet with the scared man underneath the table.

(OOC: Mind 3 effect to venture into the catatonic man's head to talk with him, just like Serge did with Paul before.
Roll: 7, 10, 8, 1 - 5, 8, 1, 2)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:49 pm

[Adley] (Steelhaven 4 30 in the afternoon.)

"There's probably some details to iron out but that seems to be the case."

"Ok...that is cool, by the way do you think we can get my family's stuff from our apartment at any point, I mean my mom and dad have stuff and I have school stuff and my cloths and a playstation and some books and other stuff."
Kyle asked.

"It's kind of like a practical test that we take in order to become a full member of the House, it marks the end of your apprenticeship. It is often dangerous but you will receive training of course before our pater decides you are ready."

"That makes sense I guess, the other Houses do they have such tests as well? There are other Houses right? Did you pass your Gauntlet?"
The young make asked, he managed to fit allot of questions around mouthfulls of food.

He nodded back to his mentor. "Yes, sir. When I get to the door, you stand to the side out of the direct line of sight and I'll speak with him first. Okay? We don't want any...misunderstandings," he said to Kyle.

Kyle looked at you for a moment then he nodded.
"Ok I will stand to the side out of the direct line of sight...ok I will do as you say Adley...and no we would not want that."
Your brother agreed.

"Yes, it is I. I'm glad you're starting to regain your sight. I'll put the dishes on the sideboard," he said. "Tell Narim I said have a good dinner...wish he could be with the rest of us. But I suppose someone needs to keep the light on in the lighthouse until all of us are back."

"Thank you, Mr Horten and later Dr Lee says I should be completely recovered in a few days."
Freddy said as she put the tray down to go and put the bowls in the dishwasher.
"Master Sharaya said he did not want to leave his computer before everyone was savely back to Steelhaven, he is a good man but I wish he would take care of himself as well, in any case I will tell him what you said Adley."
She agreed.

[Serge] (Steelhaven 4 30 in the afternoon.)

"I've shielded myself against whatever I might have to face. But still, if something goes wrong just push me. The spell will break if my focus is broken and I lose eye contact with the target. Well, here goes nothing." Serge told Allison as he felt the shield enveloping his mind.

"Very well I will watch over you then and see if you seam to be having any trouble and break your eye contact with the patient Mr Yager."
Allison agreed.

He slowly lowered his head near to the catatonic man's, staring deep into his eyes and beyond them. It was like stepping into his demesne, except it was a world inside someone else's head. It shouldn't be that different....right?

He slowed his breath and focused his mind, remembering the world he had seen before. He could feel the thoughts, emotions, and memories the world was made out of, just beyond the surface. Like stones at the bottom of a lake. He just needed to reach them.

As he concentrated, he felt the world around him blur and fade away as he ventured deeper into the patients mind and to meet with the scared man underneath the table.

It was a deep, dark dive down into the terrified, catatonic man's mind. You see some horrible thing, he had been abused, badly, by a woman you could not see the face of, used to make horrible movies that were then sold on websites dedicated to those who wanted it real and not a consensual act between two partners, when eventually he had become to broken down to be fun, he had been sold to Jace. You saw the lab, and all the tubes and needles being inserted to slowly drain the man of his fluids, his life, and then you saw the battle between Jace's homonculus and the Traditionalist strike team, you saw a being shaped as a little girl rip the spine out of a woman through her abdomen, the creature moved with terrifying speed, and you saw your Mentor get in her way, using her own magick to slow the creature down so Adley could give Jace the shot of the magick dempening serum. You saw your Mentor thrown into a wall her head cracked open like an egg, her neck broken by the tremendous force, and you saw Mara O'Connor run to her side to save her. At this point the man had fainted and he saw no more. You found the man under a table in his mother's kitchen, it was the kitchen of a small house or apartment and it smelled of soap, spices and food. The man whimpered when he saw you and curled up into a ball under the table.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Anja's Post:

A goodbye nod, then went back into the shop.

Anja's Post:

'Agreed.' Nicole commented, placing the rucksack on a suitable flat surface which wasn't too dirty and quickly unloading the contents. 'Tell him to dress quick. Oh...' picking up the nearest sharp impliment and slicing the shoulder-seam of her left arm, then ripping off the sleeve, revealing her inked arm. 'Blindfold. Not negotiable.' placing it on top of the pile of a change of clothes and the shoes.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:05 pm

'Agreed.' Nicole commented, placing the rucksack on a suitable flat surface which wasn't too dirty and quickly unloading the contents.

The sack contained all the items on your list, including a small sewing kit for repairing clothes, some blankets and a small first aid kit.

'Tell him to dress quick. Oh...' picking up the nearest sharp impliment and slicing the shoulder-seam of her left arm, then ripping off the sleeve, revealing her inked arm. 'Blindfold. Not negotiable.' placing it on top of the pile of a change of clothes and the shoes.

"I will try to ask him to put it on himself that might work now that he knows us a little better and perhaps trusts us a little, but often when dealing with someone this traumatized it is not a negotiation Miss, it is the question on whatever you want the other person to end up in a completely paniced state and freak out or not, you have seen some of his marks I can understand he do not want his head touched."
Thorn said and he sigh as he picket up the shift of clothes and the blindfold.
"But I will try to keep him calm and talk him into putting it on himself."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:13 pm

'I know; but we have to remember a good chance in Union hands, he end up back in. I don't want this good deed of ours to end up biting us in the ass.' Nicole replied, wrapping the pistol and ammo in a blanket. 'Don't care if he does it or you do.' locating the ID and placing it in the envelope with the cash.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:26 pm

'I know; but we have to remember a good chance in Union hands, he end up back in. I don't want this good deed of ours to end up biting us in the ass.'

"I agree but what do we do if he completely panics and freaks out on us?"
Thorn asked.
"I am just saying that in his current condition he might not be rational about this."

Nicole replied, wrapping the pistol and ammo in a blanket. 'Don't care if he does it or you do.' locating the ID and placing it in the envelope with the cash.

"I will see what I can do, but if he starts panicing, scraming and hiding under the table I am not so sure that would be any safer for us."
The Verbena commented dryly. You saw the ID was made out to a James Steppanenko and it looked good, the passport and drivr's lisence would pass inspection.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:40 pm

A tiny silence before she replied. 'Lie. Tell him we've just had word from HQ the Union are moving in heavy - that they taken over the city cameras and stuff. That his eyes are in the Mirrorshade records and so must not be spotted by any electronic eyes in Boston.' placing the other items in the rucksack - the cash envelope in a side/front small pocket for easy access. 'That we've been ordered to go to ground, but are gonna risk getting him out of the city first.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:46 pm

"That might just spook him up more or get him to hurt himself, after all we do not want him to overreact and claw his own eyes out in a panic or something and I do not think the problem is that he do not want to cooperate he might be to scared to. Imagine if you had been held prisoner, had your head drilled into several times and been experimented on, you might not be in the right state of mind either."
Thorn said and sigh.
"Ok listen I will try to just talk him into it, and if that do not work we have to figure out what we do then."
He said and shook his head.
"Perhaps he will not have a problem with it if he can put it on himself..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:55 pm

An annoyed sigh. 'Fuck it, I'll try it myself.' pulling out the envelope of cash again and picking up the bag. 'You bring his clothes... let's see if logic will work.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:17 pm

It was a deep, dark dive down into the terrified, catatonic man's mind. You see some horrible thing, he had been abused, badly, by a woman you could not see the face of, used to make horrible movies that were then sold on websites dedicated to those who wanted it real and not a consensual act between two partners, when eventually he had become to broken down to be fun, he had been sold to Jace. You saw the lab, and all the tubes and needles being inserted to slowly drain the man of his fluids, his life, and then you saw the battle between Jace's homonculus and the Traditionalist strike team, you saw a being shaped as a little girl rip the spine out of a woman through her abdomen, the creature moved with terrifying speed, and you saw your Mentor get in her way, using her own magick to slow the creature down so Adley could give Jace the shot of the magick dempening serum. You saw your Mentor thrown into a wall her head cracked open like an egg, her neck broken by the tremendous force, and you saw Mara O'Connor run to her side to save her. At this point the man had fainted and he saw no more. You found the man under a table in his mother's kitchen, it was the kitchen of a small house or apartment and it smelled of soap, spices and food. The man whimpered when he saw you and curled up into a ball under the table.

Serge didn't have the time to process one horrid images before another one flew past him. They disturbed him deep within his core and if it wasn't for his shield he may have succumbed to the terror and dread they caused. A tiny voice deep within his mind started screaming, begging Serge to leave the horrid place. It was one thing to hear about death and torture, but to see it up close was never easy no matter how many R-rated movies Serge had watched.

The battle between the traditionalist and Jace's monster affected him the most. Seeing his mentor put herself in danger just to achieve the greater goal made him feel even worse about himself and the mediocrity of his own actions. He wanted to yell, to scream, to close his eyes and pretend like none of this horror ever happened. Go back to his idealized world within his own mind, where death and snuff films didn't exist. But how could he? After seeing what his mentor had endured to protect others how could he call himself her apprentice if he chose to back out now? Holding onto the thought of his heroic teacher he steeled himself and ventured forward into the tortured mind.

When he arrived within the kitchen he surveyed his surrounding, panting softly as if the mental journey had tired him out. He kneeled down to get to eye level with the man and said in between gulps of breath, "Hey...there. This...is a...nice kitchen. Don't worry I'm not here to hurt you. I want to help. What's your name?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:47 pm

An annoyed sigh. 'Fuck it, I'll try it myself.' pulling out the envelope of cash again and picking up the bag. 'You bring his clothes... let's see if logic will work.'

"Good luck, please do don't shoot him if he panic completely."
Thorn said as he followed you into the office where the Technocrat was still sleeping, leaned against the wall.

[Serge] (Steelhaven 4 30 in the afternoon.)

When he arrived within the kitchen he surveyed his surrounding, panting softly as if the mental journey had tired him out. He kneeled down to get to eye level with the man and said in between gulps of breath, "Hey...there. This...is a...nice kitchen. Don't worry I'm not here to hurt you. I want to help. What's your name?"

"Shhh the bad woman and the man with the needles will hear you."
The man whispered and he curled up more.
"Go away go away!"
He begged and he put both hands over his head and moaned, shivering in fear.
"Go away I just want to be here...I am home...it will not hurt anymore not here it will not hurt anymore!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next