Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 7 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Warpmind Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 21:54

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Well I will certinly aspire to give the young woman the best defense possible but I do hope your vision proves through. Even so she is not Fallen, she is very young and a respected Master is willing to apprentice her I consider her chances to be quite good, though we might to be able to avoid her being Branded."
Min said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "I wish you the best of luck. If there is anything else I can do to help, let me know."

"This is all understood and I agree but I also did some ressearch on the matter in preperation of this case coming up before the Deacon Council and Miss Bosh's methods are not unusual in the healthcare field, several clinics and two of the hospitals in this city have a standard practice of restraining all children under the age of twelve during needle procedures, having several adults holding the children down whatever or not they consent to the procedure or the severity of the need, this is only deviated from if the parents insist their children not the restrained, I have found several videos online of family visits to a doctor's office that are quite frankly disturbing showing a great deal of force being used against terrified children for noen life critical procedures. All this can be used to argue that Nurse Bosh only follow the standard practice of her field, not all do it this was though but enough to point out that her methods are quite normal."
Master Min said and frowned.
He frowned, "True, there is some amount of standard practice as such, but ignoring explicit orders so she can apply this standard practice, that certainly suggests a degree of callousness and lack of attention in her job that can only serve to endanger others, and I would certainly argue that having a child so traumatized as to awaken under such a procedure is... not unheard of. I can, in fact, provide expert testimony to this; an Akashic doctor in Boston. 'Normal' does not mean it is something we should merely accept as the status quo."

"I am not sure of the legality of such an option, generally it is quite frowned on to let a Fallen mage leave if you could kill or capture them."
Min said.
"But it is an option if it is indeed legal, which is something I would have to do research on."
He pondered, "I suppose you could seize the opportunity to get verifiable information on known Pawns planted throughout the Traditions. That might be barely acceptable; his life in exchange for helping us clean house..."

The Enforcer nodded at that and looked down into his tea.
"I hope so as well Mr Wainwright, I hope so as well."
He nodded, "Well, then, I had best get Anna so we can get back to Boston... I've got to meet with Master Tolle for an investigation; I had to tear down the Caul in Boston... from within. He obviously needs to make sure I am not Fallen - and I had to pull a rather legally dubious maneuver to avoid being arrested on the spot by a Quaesitor with a personal bias against me. Fortunately, my Security Chief trusts me enough to let me finish up matters here before I come home to surrender to Master Tolle's authority."
He grimaced, "The core of my Avatar is unchanged, but I did pick up a few... bits and pieces in there. It was not a good place..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 7 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 22:08

Anja's Post:

'Strangulation okay?' Nicole quipped with a smile. On moving into the office, she deliberately made more noise, hoping to wake him up. If that doesn't work, she'll "accidentally" knock a box or something.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri 15 Jun 2018 - 22:41

"Ok...that is cool, by the way do you think we can get my family's stuff from our apartment at any point, I mean my mom and dad have stuff and I have school stuff and my cloths and a playstation and some books and other stuff." Kyle asked.

"You'll have to ask our pater, but I imagine so, once things cool down enough. We'll also have to figure out about schooling, too. Lots of details to keep us all safe, like I said."

"That makes sense I guess, the other Houses do they have such tests as well? There are other Houses right? Did you pass your Gauntlet?"
The young make asked, he managed to fit allot of questions around mouthfulls of food.

"They do, so do other Traditions have other types of challenges as well I believe. I passed my Gauntlet, yes, that is why I am a full member and also why I'm still alive. As I said, it is dangerous. As an organization the Order also uses degrees which helps determine ranks that are related to how far we've progressed magickally speaking. The Traditions as a whole have a rank system as well but there are some differences. In either case, I should be able to put a request in to be witnessed to progress to the next degree when there is time."

Kyle looked at you for a moment then he nodded. "Ok I will stand to the side out of the direct line of sight...ok I will do as you say Adley...and no we would not want that." Your brother agreed.

"That, or I can have a chat with them first and then call you up..." he glanced at the Chief.

"Thank you, Mr Horten and later Dr Lee says I should be completely recovered in a few days." Freddy said as she put the tray down to go and put the bowls in the dishwasher. "Master Sharaya said he did not want to leave his computer before everyone was savely back to Steelhaven, he is a good man but I wish he would take care of himself as well, in any case I will tell him what you said Adley." She agreed.

"That is good news. I'm sure Colin will be glad to hear that." He nodded to himself. "Hm, I can understand that, I hope they get back soon then. He needs a rest also. When we're in this mode, it is hard to put your own needs in place when others need your help."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 6:32

[Colin] (At Morningstar 6 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded, "I wish you the best of luck. If there is anything else I can do to help, let me know."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright but I do not know if there is much you can do. I think my chances of getting the girl of the hook is pretty good through."
Master Min said.

He frowned, "True, there is some amount of standard practice as such, but ignoring explicit orders so she can apply this standard practice, that certainly suggests a degree of callousness and lack of attention in her job that can only serve to endanger others, and I would certainly argue that having a child so traumatized as to awaken under such a procedure is... not unheard of. I can, in fact, provide expert testimony to this; an Akashic doctor in Boston. 'Normal' does not mean it is something we should merely accept as the status quo."

The Quesitor nodded at that.
"I can certinly agree that it is not a practice we should support Mr Wainwright and after seeing some of those videos I can see how that can cause a child to get traumatized enough to Awaken, perhaps I can argue that point, very well if you can give me the contact information to this Akashic?"

He pondered, "I suppose you could seize the opportunity to get verifiable information on known Pawns planted throughout the Traditions. That might be barely acceptable; his life in exchange for helping us clean house..."

"No that is still dealing with the Nephandi so asking such a favor would be quite illegal."
Master Min said and shook his head.

He nodded, "Well, then, I had best get Anna so we can get back to Boston... I've got to meet with Master Tolle for an investigation; I had to tear down the Caul in Boston... from within. He obviously needs to make sure I am not Fallen - and I had to pull a rather legally dubious maneuver to avoid being arrested on the spot by a Quaesitor with a personal bias against me. Fortunately, my Security Chief trusts me enough to let me finish up matters here before I come home to surrender to Master Tolle's authority."
He grimaced, "The core of my Avatar is unchanged, but I did pick up a few... bits and pieces in there. It was not a good place..."

The Enforcer just looked at you for a while then he grunted and put his teacup down.
"Do I really want to hear about this?"
He asked.
"But if you are not Fallen I guess a crime have not been cimmited but that sounds like a rather recless manouver.

[Adley] (Steelhaven 5 in the afternoon)

"You'll have to ask our pater, but I imagine so, once things cool down enough. We'll also have to figure out about schooling, too. Lots of details to keep us all safe, like I said."

"Yeah I get that. I have moved so many times and I have gone to so many different schools through the years as we moved around."
Kyle said and nodded.
"I will ask Master Morgan then."

"They do, so do other Traditions have other types of challenges as well I believe. I passed my Gauntlet, yes, that is why I am a full member and also why I'm still alive. As I said, it is dangerous. As an organization the Order also uses degrees which helps determine ranks that are related to how far we've progressed magickally speaking. The Traditions as a whole have a rank system as well but there are some differences. In either case, I should be able to put a request in to be witnessed to progress to the next degree when there is time."

"So there is two different ranking systems to keep in mind, one for the Traditions themselves and one for the Order of Hermes?"
Kyle said and scratched his head.
"Well that is complicated. You raising in rank is cool though, congratulations."
He said and grinned then he looked concerneed for a moment.
"How dangerous are this Gauntlet thingie?"
He said and Jeffry gave him a it of alook.
"This spoon is a em...thingie, this table is a thingie, our honored traditions held since the start of our Order are not a thingie young man."
The older mage corrected gently and Kyle sigh.
"Ok...sorry..."

"That, or I can have a chat with them first and then call you up..." he glanced at the Chief.

Jeffry nodded at that.
"It might be wiser yes, we are talking about the man who taught Kyle how to most efficiently kill himself as a child."
He said.
"I can have a talk with Kyle while you inform his father and then I can send the boy up."

"That is good news. I'm sure Colin will be glad to hear that." He nodded to himself. "Hm, I can understand that, I hope they get back soon then. He needs a rest also. When we're in this mode, it is hard to put your own needs in place when others need your help."

"I am sure he will be happy to hear that yes."
Freddy said and she smiled warmly when you spoke about Colin.
"Ijust wish Mr Karyak would return soon so Master Sharaya could relax, the other team is apperantly ok. But yes when we are all in danger it is hard to relax even when it is all over."

[Nicole] (Old auto shop at 4 30 in the afternoon.)

'Strangulation okay?' Nicole quipped with a smile. On moving into the office, she deliberately made more noise, hoping to wake him up. If that doesn't work, she'll "accidentally" knock a box or something.

"It is better than shooting, but you know us Verbena we like getting stabby."
Thorn said and returned the joke.

You got into the office and the Technocrat jerket awake when you made some noise, first he looked terrified his breath was fast and scared but the he calmed doen.
"Oh it is you...ehm sorry I must have fallen asleep."
He grunted.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 6:57

"Shhh the bad woman and the man with the needles will hear you."
The man whispered and he curled up more.
"Go away go away!"
He begged and he put both hands over his head and moaned, shivering in fear.
"Go away I just want to be here...I am home...it will not hurt anymore not here it will not hurt anymore!"

"The bad women and the man with the needles is gone and they'll never hurt you again." Serge said calmly.

"I won't force you to do anything. If you want to stay here than that's all right. Your right this place is your personal safe haven and if you feel safest here I won't make you come out. I just came tell you some things. Hopefully it'll help ease your pain." he said getting a small feeling that he was looking into a mirror.

"The people who hurt you have been taken down and you do not need to fear them any more. You've been brought to a safe place and the wounds you suffered at their hands are being treated." he said softly making sure to seem as nonthreatening as possible.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 7:02

[Serge] (Steelhaven 5 in the afternoon.)

"The bad women and the man with the needles is gone and they'll never hurt you again." Serge said calmly.

"They will find me again...they will find me!"
The poor man wept hysterically.

"I won't force you to do anything. If you want to stay here than that's all right. Your right this place is your personal safe haven and if you feel safest here I won't make you come out. I just came tell you some things. Hopefully it'll help ease your pain." he said getting a small feeling that he was looking into a mirror.

"I do not want to leave I will never leave. I am safe here so I am staying here."
The man wept.
"I can listen to what you have to say, but I am not leaving!"
He agreed.

"The people who hurt you have been taken down and you do not need to fear them any more. You've been brought to a safe place and the wounds you suffered at their hands are being treated." he said softly making sure to seem as nonthreatening as possible.

"No they are to powerful to be taken down...they can do strange things, especially that...that bad woman."
He whispered and he drew back more.
"I do not want it to have happened, I am staying here where it did not happen, where I am safe and they can nto reach me, I am staying there and never, ever coming out!"
He said as he vigorously shook his head.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 7:17

"Yeah I get that. I have moved so many times and I have gone to so many different schools through the years as we moved around." Kyle said and nodded. "I will ask Master Morgan then."

"Sorry so many of my answers are ask your pater, but well...he is the one that will decide."

"So there is two different ranking systems to keep in mind, one for the Traditions themselves and one for the Order of Hermes?" Kyle said and scratched his head. "Well that is complicated. You raising in rank is cool though, congratulations."

"Yes, but you'll get used to it. And thanks but don't congratulate me yet."

"How dangerous are this Gauntlet thingie?" He said and Jeffry gave him a it of alook. "This spoon is a em...thingie, this table is a thingie, our honored traditions held since the start of our Order are not a thingie young man." The older mage corrected gently and Kyle sigh. "Ok...sorry..."

"Probably not more dangerous than what we are going through now, if it's any consolation," he replied after a beat. "But you will be trained before it happens." Apparently his pater was not too tired for lecture mode, which was impressive.

Jeffry nodded at that."It might be wiser yes, we are talking about the man who taught Kyle how to most efficiently kill himself as a child." He said. "I can have a talk with Kyle while you inform his father and then I can send the boy up."

"Alright, true enough."

"Ijust wish Mr Karyak would return soon so Master Sharaya could relax, the other team is apperantly ok. But yes when we are all in danger it is hard to relax even when it is all over."

"Yeah, me too. Hrm, that reminds me I need to see if Richard is back yet. I didn't see him with the others. Maybe I should text him."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 8:26

[Morningstar, 6 PM]
"Thank you Mr Wainwright but I do not know if there is much you can do. I think my chances of getting the girl of the hook is pretty good through."
Master Min said.
Colin nodded, "I can't think of anything concrete, either - but the offer still stands if something should come up."

The Quesitor nodded at that.
"I can certinly agree that it is not a practice we should support Mr Wainwright and after seeing some of those videos I can see how that can cause a child to get traumatized enough to Awaken, perhaps I can argue that point, very well if you can give me the contact information to this Akashic?"
He nodded and fished out his phone, "Very well, give me a moment..."
He sent a quick message to Richard Lee, 'Would you mind providing me your Mentor's contact information? He may be called on to testify in a judicial matter.'

"No that is still dealing with the Nephandi so asking such a favor would be quite illegal."
Master Min said and shook his head.
He nodded, "Fair enough, it just seemed like a possible loophole off the top of my head; exchanging the life of one Fallen for causing greater damage to the Nephandi effort..."

The Enforcer just looked at you for a while then he grunted and put his teacup down.
"Do I really want to hear about this?"
He asked.
"But if you are not Fallen I guess a crime have not been cimmited but that sounds like a rather recless manouver.
He shook his head, "Not the details, no... and it was not so much reckless as desperate - there was something that had come out of the Caul and started killing our people. I had the means to destroy the Caul from within, and chanced it. It worked, and nobody else died."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 9:11

Anja's Post:

'No matter; not like you were working the line at the DMV or something.' Nicole replied, giving a little smile. 'Speaking of which... here... Mr Steppanenko.' handing over the envelope with the cash and ID. 'Got a change of clothes for you too.' gesturing to Thorn's pile.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 9:27

[Colin] (At Morningstar 6 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded, "I can't think of anything concrete, either - but the offer still stands if something should come up."

"I will keep it in mind Mr Wainwright I do think I have it in hand on the legal side, but the young woman herself might need a friend, many will distrust her, at least in the start. I fear your Anna might experience the same issue."
Master Min said with a sigh.

He nodded and fished out his phone, "Very well, give me a moment..."
He sent a quick message to Richard Lee, 'Would you mind providing me your Mentor's contact information? He may be called on to testify in a judicial matter.'

You quickly got a reply back.
"Ok he is Dr Michael Wong here follows his phone number and email account."
And indeed Richard included a phone number and his Mentor's mail address.

He nodded, "Fair enough, it just seemed like a possible loophole off the top of my head; exchanging the life of one Fallen for causing greater damage to the Nephandi effort..."

"The laws against dealing with the Nephandi are not about doing the most possible damage to the Nephandi to to prevent Tradition members from becoming corrupted so no making such a deal would be quite illegal."
Master Min explained.

He shook his head, "Not the details, no... and it was not so much reckless as desperate - there was something that had come out of the Caul and started killing our people. I had the means to destroy the Caul from within, and chanced it. It worked, and nobody else died."

"I understand taking the risk but even so, that is quite a dangerous gamble, I am glad it worked out though. I hope you will not get into to much legal issues."
The Enforcer said.

"Sorry so many of my answers are ask your pater, but well...he is the one that will decide."

"That is okey I will ask him."
Kyle said and shrugged.

"Yes, but you'll get used to it. And thanks but don't congratulate me yet."

"I guess I will but are all these ranks important? I mean is it important who outranks who?"
Your brother asked as he glanced at you.

"Probably not more dangerous than what we are going through now, if it's any consolation," he replied after a beat. "But you will be trained before it happens." Apparently his pater was not too tired for lecture mode, which was impressive.

"I am okey Adley I am not afraid I will learn and I will be fine. I am used to being in danger...being afraid."
Kyle said and he looked down into his soup.

"Alright, true enough."

"Then that is setteled."
Jeffry said and nodded.

"Yeah, me too. Hrm, that reminds me I need to see if Richard is back yet. I didn't see him with the others. Maybe I should text him."

"It won't hurt to give him a text if he is busy I am sure he can just wait with responding, and it might be good to hear when he is coming back."
Freddy agreed.

'No matter; not like you were working the line at the DMV or something.' Nicole replied, giving a little smile.

The Technocrat gave a slight smile at that.

'Speaking of which... here... Mr Steppanenko.' handing over the envelope with the cash and ID. 'Got a change of clothes for you too.' gesturing to Thorn's pile.

The man looked at the passport and smiled a little again.
"James Steppanenko, not a bad name that."
He said then he looked at the clothes and nodded.
"I will admit to looking forward to being dressed in something else than a blanket."
He commented an took the clothes.
"One moment then I will just go into the other room and change."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 9:38

Anja's Post:

'And now for the bad news.' Nicole continued. 'Change quickly; the Union's finally getting into gear. Upswing in patrols, shipments to the port, locked down the cameras - that sort of thing. We've all been told to go to ground, but we're gonna get you out of Boston first.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 10:21

And now for the bad news.' Nicole continued. 'Change quickly; the Union's finally getting into gear. Upswing in patrols, shipments to the port, locked down the cameras - that sort of thing. We've all been told to go to ground, but we're gonna get you out of Boston first.'

"Shit...shit..."
The Technocrat said and he decided to forgo on modesty he just went into a corner and turned around and pulled his pants on under the blanket and then let it fall as he pulled on a sweather and socks.
"Do you know what operation code they are working under? That can tell us what streets they will be searching first."
He said now sounding terrified.
"Thank you for helping me by the way...ok ok I am dressed what now?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 11:04

'Don't panic. Keep your head. Fuck-ups happen when you quit thinking logically.' Nicole replied, trying to get the guy at least from losing it entirely. When he'd calmed down a little, she'll continue, attempting to be the "voice of reason".

'Don't know what code they're doing, but the guess is they finally worked out the fuckers were planning to level the whole region. The Adept's theory is that the Union is trying to pinpoint the location using all the Masses' spy cameras and facial recon-ition tech. Dunno exactly, not no computer geek.'

'I'm levelling with you 'cos you deserve to know the truth. We think we can get out; Alias ain't real, I'm dead and the car has cloned ID. Problem is you. I'm told that if no camera can see your eyes, they can't ID you. If you can put on this blindfold-' looking towards her old shirt sleeve, '...we can then head out.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 14:58

'Don't panic. Keep your head. Fuck-ups happen when you quit thinking logically.' Nicole replied, trying to get the guy at least from losing it entirely. When he'd calmed down a little, she'll continue, attempting to be the "voice of reason".

"I know...I know but if they catch us...they are going to...to...I do not want...I..."
The Technocrat muttered hysterically had he hurried to get dressed.

'Don't know what code they're doing, but the guess is they finally worked out the fuckers were planning to level the whole region. The Adept's theory is that the Union is trying to pinpoint the location using all the Masses' spy cameras and facial recon-ition tech. Dunno exactly, not no computer geek.'

"They will go with threath level alpha or beta then, which is not good it means each team may employ lethal actions and they are certified to silence witnesses if they have to show tech not yet intended for the masses, they will be moving in a sweeping pattern though the city...and yes they might be using the camera grid and facian recognition software..."
He said nervously then he looked around.
"What about the girl? The teeager where is she is she get caught her age will not save her the Union's regular treatment of Deviants."
He asked and looked around nervously.

'I'm levelling with you 'cos you deserve to know the truth. We think we can get out; Alias ain't real, I'm dead and the car has cloned ID. Problem is you. I'm told that if no camera can see your eyes, they can't ID you. If you can put on this blindfold-' looking towards her old shirt sleeve, '...we can then head out.'

"Facial recognition do not need the eyes spesifically but they might be doing iris scans which can be more reliable."
The Technocrat muttered and he looked at the blind fold sceptically.
"I...I...but what if he comes back...the Nephandus who hurt me...what if he comes back."
He whimpered he was very, very scared.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 19:17

'The girl's gone back to base - no point taking her with us for a ride-along.' Nicole replied. 'And while I can't promise you much right now, I can this: the fucker who did all that shit to you cannot get you. Ever. We killed most of 'em, the others are prisoners and going to be transported do be dealt with.' a little pause, a slight frown before continuing. 'If he survived by hiding... heh, he's completely fucked as the ship's going on a trip into the deeper Dimensions. If for some reason he managed to get past all that... well, in a city filling up with Union teams looking for people like him, he'll be in. Let him try to play with the HIT-Marks while we get you far, far away.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 19:28

'The girl's gone back to base - no point taking her with us for a ride-along.' Nicole replied.

"That is good then she is probably safe at least for now."
The Technocrat said and nodded approvingly.

'And while I can't promise you much right now, I can this: the fucker who did all that shit to you cannot get you. Ever. We killed most of 'em, the others are prisoners and going to be transported do be dealt with.' a little pause, a slight frown before continuing. 'If he survived by hiding... heh, he's completely fucked as the ship's going on a trip into the deeper Dimensions. If for some reason he managed to get past all that... well, in a city filling up with Union teams looking for people like him, he'll be in. Let him try to play with the HIT-Marks while we get you far, far away.'

The former Union man listen to you but he still looked scared.
"But what if he...find me again, he...he...experimented on me are you sure he can't find me...can't get me again?"
He asked nervourly and pulled at his fingers.
"I do not want him to find me again...I do not want him to find me again!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 19:37

"I guess I will but are all these ranks important? I mean is it important who outranks who?" Your brother asked as he glanced at you.

"They are, yes and also within the Order, which is arranged in hierarchy. It's carried over into the modern Tradition's version of the Protocols, which you will learn and be expected to obey: to 'respect those of greater knowledge.' Being impolite or disrespectful is often unwise and depending on the transgression may be punishable depending who is taking offense and if they wish to pursue such," he warned. "As an apprentice, what you do also reflects on your mentor and he is responsible for you and your actions, and he will be responsible for reprimands and corrections. Likewise, the lineage you have been given is a boon in your favor. You have joined my family as well as our society, and will be expected to behave. The other protocols are a ' tutor's debt must be repaid, a magus's word is his honor, do not break a sworn vow; the will of an oracle must be obeyed; betray not your chantry or cabal, conspire not with our enemies; protect the sleepers, for they are ignorant of what they do; be subtle in your arts, lest the sleepers know you for what you are.' In addition to those rules, you will learn the Code of Hermes and the main precedents set in the Peripheral Corrigenda, some of which are similar to the Protocols and others which are specific to certain issues and all to protect the Order and its members." He rubbed a hand through his hair, looking tired. "I can't do full lecture mode on them right now and it would be best done in private study together anyway."

"I am okey Adley I am not afraid I will learn and I will be fine. I am used to being in danger...being afraid." Kyle said and he looked down into his soup.

"Well, that is not quite what I meant...but let's figure out all the groundwork material before you worry about the test."

"Then that is setteled." Jeffry said and nodded.

"Very well. Did I ask this many questions when you first got me as an apprentice?" he said to his mentor, with a slightly amused look. "I gave him an overview on the protocols but left the Code and Corrigenda for later in private. Just when I thought I was too tired for lecture mode...I suppose you can't take the teacher out of the classroom."

"It won't hurt to give him a text if he is busy I am sure he can just wait with responding, and it might be good to hear when he is coming back." Freddy agreed.

"Good point," he agreed. He pulled his phone out to send a quick text to Richard: 'Are you back home? I need to speak with you about something.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 19:41

Anja's Post:

Nicole considered this for a moment before replying. 'Y'know what... I don't think he could. If he'd been that good to survive and come after you - we wouldn't have won in the first place. Is it possible for you to make a call to see if the fucker is accounted for or a prisoner while we drive?' addressing the last part to Thorn.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 20:32

Nicole considered this for a moment before replying. 'Y'know what... I don't think he could. If he'd been that good to survive and come after you - we wouldn't have won in the first place. Is it possible for you to make a call to see if the fucker is accounted for or a prisoner while we drive?' addressing the last part to Thorn.

Thorn nodded at that.
"I can do that yes, not a problem but I am pretty sure we got him."
The Verbena said. The newly named Mr Steppanenko looked at you.
"But what if he comes for me while I can't see, what if he comes for me?"
He asked nervously.

"They are, yes and also within the Order, which is arranged in hierarchy. It's carried over into the modern Tradition's version of the Protocols, which you will learn and be expected to obey: to 'respect those of greater knowledge.' Being impolite or disrespectful is often unwise and depending on the transgression may be punishable depending who is taking offense and if they wish to pursue such," he warned.

"You can be punished for being disrespectful to someone how sit higher in the pecking order...shit...punished how? Not that I am going to do it, I can be polite and all that promise but even so what happens if you are accused of being immpolite towards a more powerful or more respected mage?"
Kyle asked and he looked up from his soup to regard you, clearly he thought this was a bit of a shocking law.

"As an apprentice, what you do also reflects on your mentor and he is responsible for you and your actions, and he will be responsible for reprimands and corrections.

"O...okey that makes sense. I will try not to embarass Master Morgan, I will try!"
Kyle promised and Jeffry smiled a little.

Likewise, the lineage you have been given is a boon in your favor. You have joined my family as well as our society, and will be expected to behave.

The young widderslainte nodded solemnly to that.
"I will behave Adley...hum I have never had a big brother before, or any siblings, that is kind of nice to have you know."
He replied.

The other protocols are a ' tutor's debt must be repaid, a magus's word is his honor, do not break a sworn vow; the will of an oracle must be obeyed; betray not your chantry or cabal, conspire not with our enemies; protect the sleepers, for they are ignorant of what they do; be subtle in your arts, lest the sleepers know you for what you are.' In addition to those rules, you will learn the Code of Hermes and the main precedents set in the Peripheral Corrigenda, some of which are similar to the Protocols and others which are specific to certain issues and all to protect the Order and its members." He rubbed a hand through his hair, looking tired. "I can't do full lecture mode on them right now and it would be best done in private study together anyway."

"That is allot of rules..."
Kyle commented arround a mouthful of soul.
"But they do make sense. I guess the what did you call it...Peripheral Corrigenda have things like do not kill one another and do not steal from one another and such then since I notice those are missing."
Jeffry nodded at that.
"The Code of Hermes itself have those laws Kyle but yes the Protocols to have add ons with other laws one need to follow in order to have a functional society."
The older mage replied. Kyle thought for a moment then he asked.
"But what is an Oracle if we are supposed to obey them, what are they and how do you know you are speaking with one?"

Well, that is not quite what I meant...but let's figure out all the groundwork material before you worry about the test."

"Ok that sounds fair enough, and I guess I have my trial to worry about first anyway."
Your brother said and he looked rather nervous about that.

"Very well. Did I ask this many questions when you first got me as an apprentice?" he said to his mentor, with a slightly amused look. "I gave him an overview on the protocols but left the Code and Corrigenda for later in private. Just when I thought I was too tired for lecture mode...I suppose you can't take the teacher out of the classroom."

"You did ask quite allot of questions as well mea filius but you did so in another way, you where always more reserved."
Jeffry said and gave you a fond smile.
"Ah yes you do make for a good teacher something that will be very good when you one day take your own student, but a full lecture on Hermetic and Traditionalist laws might have to wait until we are less tired."

"Good point," he agreed. He pulled his phone out to send a quick text to Richard: 'Are you back home? I need to speak with you about something.'

You got a reply back from the Akashic which said.
"I am in the garage, I just returned home, where do you want to meet up?"
Freddy glanced at you.
"Where Dr Lee back yet Adley?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 21:46

"They will find me again...they will find me!"
The poor man wept hysterically.

"They won't. I assure you. Right now you are in a safe place guarded by so many things it'll make your head spin. The man with needles will soon be punished severely for what he did and you'll be under our protections. And the women wouldn't dare try and fight us."

"I do not want to leave I will never leave. I am safe here so I am staying here."
The man wept.
"I can listen to what you have to say, but I am not leaving!"
He agreed.
"No they are to powerful to be taken down...they can do strange things, especially that...that bad woman."
He whispered and he drew back more.
"I do not want it to have happened, I am staying here where it did not happen, where I am safe and they can nto reach me, I am staying there and never, ever coming out!"
He said as he vigorously shook his head.

"We have powerful people on our side as well. I saw first hand the man with needles being taken down." Serge said, exaggerating somewhat. "And I believe you saw it as well, right before you passed out. You have memories of that fight.....you saw the man with needles getting stabbed with the serum and being taken down."

"That serum he was injected with strips him of his powers. Right now he's no different from any other person and soon he'll face trial and be punished for his crimes. He won't hurt you or anyone else ever again. I know it's hard to believe, but if you deny that memory and the fact that he's gone you'll stay in fear of him forever." Serge explained further.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 23:01

[Serge] (Steelhaven 5 in the afternoon.)

"They won't. I assure you. Right now you are in a safe place guarded by so many things it'll make your head spin. The man with needles will soon be punished severely for what he did and you'll be under our protections. And the women wouldn't dare try and fight us."

"The bad woman is very powerful, she is feared I am not sure she would care about your protections...and the man with the needles, what if he comes after me after he is punished?"
The man whispered fearfully.
"It is best to stay here where it is safe."

"We have powerful people on our side as well. I saw first hand the man with needles being taken down." Serge said, exaggerating somewhat. "And I believe you saw it as well, right before you passed out. You have memories of that fight.....you saw the man with needles getting stabbed with the serum and being taken down."

"I saw a fight between pepole who could do strange things, a woman got killed and another tossed into a wall and others tossed balls of flame at a little girl, but she ignored it but then a dark haired man went and stabbed the needle man and the girl vanished."
The man said then he looked at you.
"Are you sure he is captured."

"That serum he was injected with strips him of his powers.

"Are you sure that works?"
The scared man asked skeptically.

Right now he's no different from any other person and soon he'll face trial and be punished for his crimes. He won't hurt you or anyone else ever again. I know it's hard to believe, but if you deny that memory and the fact that he's gone you'll stay in fear of him forever." Serge explained further.

"I have every reason to be afraid of him forever he is mean...horrible he...did things to me...bad things..."
The man whispered and shivered.
"But he is not as bad as the bad woman...no not as bad as her at all."
He whispered and he whimpered and drew away from you at the memory.
"I am home and safe...my mom will soon come home from work and make dinner...that is where I am...I am home...I am home!"
He repeated over and over again sounding desperate to believe it himself.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat 16 Jun 2018 - 23:51

"You can be punished for being disrespectful to someone how sit higher in the pecking order...shit...punished how? Not that I am going to do it, I can be polite and all that promise but even so what happens if you are accused of being immpolite towards a more powerful or more respected mage?"

"It depends on the transgression, the circumstances, whom you offended, and the legal limits of the law if those are pursued. In most simple, non combat situations, it could be resolved by the person offended discussing the matter with your mentor and then it is up to them to compensate the offended person and lay down an appropriate punishment as they see fit for their apprentice. But that is not always how it goes for various reasons and repeat offenses are not well tolerated. We will all discuss this more later as you have some...special circumstances that will no doubt play into such."

The young widderslainte nodded solemnly to that. "I will behave Adley...hum I have never had a big brother before, or any siblings, that is kind of nice to have you know." He replied.

"You also have an older sister," he added.

"That is allot of rules..." Kyle commented..."But they do make sense. I guess the what did you call it...Peripheral Corrigenda have things like do not kill one another and do not steal from one another and such then since I notice those are missing."
Jeffry nodded at that. "The Code of Hermes itself have those laws Kyle but yes the Protocols to have add ons with other laws one need to follow in order to have a functional society." The older mage replied

"Not so many, but due to their ability to be interpreted the Peripheral Corrigenda has grown quite enormous as it is what precedent is based on for cases. And that is one reason why we need lawyers even in mage society."

Kyle thought for a moment then he asked. "But what is an Oracle if we are supposed to obey them, what are they and how do you know you are speaking with one?"

"Indeed...Oracles are rare to meet, they are even greater than Archmaster magii, the highest honored title that is earned. They are essentially legendary," he said, not really wishing to remind Kyle had known there was an Oracle, albeit a Fallen one, hanging about not too long before and it had sent him into fits.

"Ok that sounds fair enough, and I guess I have my trial to worry about first anyway." Your brother said and he looked rather nervous about that.

"Quite."

"Ah yes you do make for a good teacher something that will be very good when you one day take your own student, but a full lecture on Hermetic and Traditionalist laws might have to wait until we are less tired."

"Considering I'm supposed to register to take an apprentice soon, yes. And then be requesting a witness for my next degree. At least once we all recover. At any rate, I will go upstairs then text you if things seem alright. Unless you figure he'll want to hear it from you."

"I am in the garage, I just returned home, where do you want to meet up?"
Freddy glanced at you. "Where Dr Lee back yet Adley?" She asked.

"Ah, yes it looks like he just got back," he said, as he replied to him: 'in the common room please'. "I'll go see him now, pardon," he said, excusing himself. "At least you can give that news to Narim, just one team left..." Then he went over to the common room to talk to Richard.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun 17 Jun 2018 - 4:36

Anja's Post:

'How? Even if he was free and able to, you'll be in a moving car with me and Alias.' Nicole said, tone and poise making it clear she didn't think that eventuality wasn't even possible, let alone probable. 'Look, we're burning time here. Move a car, I've gotta... while I do, Alias can place the call, prove fucker ain't gonna be in any state to get you, then we can go, yeah?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun 17 Jun 2018 - 9:12

"It depends on the transgression, the circumstances, whom you offended, and the legal limits of the law if those are pursued. In most simple, non combat situations, it could be resolved by the person offended discussing the matter with your mentor and then it is up to them to compensate the offended person and lay down an appropriate punishment as they see fit for their apprentice. But that is not always how it goes for various reasons and repeat offenses are not well tolerated. We will all discuss this more later as you have some...special circumstances that will no doubt play into such."

"That sounds fair enough I guess. I will just have to watch my words with other mages and hope I do not run into one that are to touchy."
Kyle said and sigh it was clear he would have preferred more answers right now but he could see you where tired and he did not press the matter.

You also have an older sister," he added.

"Really? What is she like?"
Kyle said and smiled.
"Where is she?"

"Not so many, but due to their ability to be interpreted the Peripheral Corrigenda has grown quite enormous as it is what precedent is based on for cases. And that is one reason why we need lawyers even in mage society."

"That is what will save me right, that is what Master Morgan said there where precedent for letting someone like me keep my magick organ if a powerful person take me as a apprentice right?"
The young mage said and Jeffry nodded.
"That would be correct child."
He said as he finished his soup.

"Indeed...Oracles are rare to meet, they are even greater than Archmaster magii, the highest honored title that is earned. They are essentially legendary," he said, not really wishing to remind Kyle had known there was an Oracle, albeit a Fallen one, hanging about not too long before and it had sent him into fits.

"They sounds really cool."
Kyle declared.
"Have you ever met one Adley?"

"Quite."

"I just hope...the worst do not happen."
Your brother said and his hands started shaking so he put his spoon down and put them in his lap and looked away. Jeffry sigh and e put a hand on the young mage's shoulder.

"Considering I'm supposed to register to take an apprentice soon, yes. And then be requesting a witness for my next degree. At least once we all recover. At any rate, I will go upstairs then text you if things seem alright. Unless you figure he'll want to hear it from you."

"I will arrange for witnesses to register your new degree sometime into next week."
Jeffry said and nodded then he smiled.
"Once you become and Adept in the eyes of the Traditions as well you will make a good teacher, though prepare for sleepless nights worrying about your apprentice's well being."
He said and grinned then he nodded.
"No I think it should work if you explain thing, so send me a letter on your phone if things seams safe with your brother's parents."
Your Mentor agreed.

"Ah, yes it looks like he just got back," he said, as he replied to him: 'in the common room please'. "I'll go see him now, pardon," he said, excusing himself. "At least you can give that news to Narim, just one team left..." Then he went over to the common room to talk to Richard.

"That is good, Dr Lee was never a part of the strike teams though, he went to the hospital with Miss Larson."
Freddy explained.
"But I will let Master Sharaya know anyway and I will talk with you later Adley."
She said as she picked up the tray again and headed for the stairs.

You found Richard in the common room he as talking with your Mentor and Kyle but he excused himself and headed over to you.
"What can I do for you Adley?"
He asked.
"You wanted to talk with me?"

'How? Even if he was free and able to, you'll be in a moving car with me and Alias.' Nicole said, tone and poise making it clear she didn't think that eventuality wasn't even possible, let alone probable.

"I have seen Deviants teleport pepole out of moving cars."
The Technocrat said nervously.

'Look, we're burning time here. Move a car, I've gotta... while I do, Alias can place the call, prove fucker ain't gonna be in any state to get you, then we can go, yeah?'

"I guess so, if he can find out what happened to...to that man and he is not in a condition to hurt me again then yes I guess we can go."
He said hesitently. Thorn pulled out his phone and made a call.
"Yes this is Thorn...I am sorry to disturb you Master Nassa but I am in a bit of a situation where we need to calm someone down, I wonder what happened to that Fallen Progenitor bastard...hum...ok...very well. I assume he will have a warm welcome."
He said and shuddered.
"Ok thank you Master Nassa...bastard at least he will pay for it...."
He said and put the phone down.
"He is captured, unconcious and pumped full of the magick dampening serum and he is about to be sent to Horizon where he will...pay for what he have done."
He said angrily.
"Anyway he is in no condition to harm anyone and never will be again."
He assured the Technocrat who seamed to calm down a little.
"O...ok I guess it is ok then..."
He said and he hesitently tied the blindfold around his head, something that clearly aggitated him and every sound made him jump.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun 17 Jun 2018 - 10:11

Nicole gave a clearly relieved sigh at this. 'Good. Plan is, I'll move the car right up to the rear door, so you two can get in the back without being spotted. If you-' looking at the Union man '-simply keep your head down, folk - and cameras - should be none the wiser.' Once she gets her keys from Thorn, she'll head back through the building, grabbing her rifle and the loot box on the way to move the Subaru first.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next