Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 28 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:56 pm

Anja's Post:

Nicole bit her lip for a moment; this was turning out to be strange indeed. Then hammered out a reply;

'Is he still there? Is he Awakened? And how did he know about the Lab?'

Anja's Post:

'Yet... stereotypes have to come from somewhere real.'

Adley's Post:

A look of puzzlement on Adley's first comment.

Anja's Post:

'That's different; you do it 'cos it needs to be done. Like when I ran at that fucker and knocked them down earlier. Could have turned out very nasty, that.' not looking up from her phone.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 28 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:22 pm

Nicole wrote:'And would I still like that in twenty years time?' Nicole replied. 'Had enough shitty ink done by your age that I've had to drop a ton of green to have covered. Plus, they're artists, and most of 'em spend their times copying the same old shit - clocks, celtic swirls and roses - day after fucking day. How would you like to spend your working life just copying pictures of fruit, kittens and Elvis?' A short pause, as Nicole let this sink in.

'Folk like me are why tattooists get into the trade in the first place. I've checked their portfolio, that I like their style. Travelled near three hundred miles to have this done...' holding up her tattoo'd arm to Serge. '-which tells the artist they're getting a reputation. Then I come in and offer them a blank canvas in which they can properly create for once.'

"You got me there." Serge admitted with a defeated smile. "I do like copying shit and putting my own spin on it but if I had to draw the same thing everyday it would end up feeling like a job. And that's the last thing I'd want my art to become."

"There are archetypes kid but not the stereotypes from TV in fact believing in them afre often quite dangerous, not only do you then underesimate those around you but you might end up believing some pretty nasty stereotypes about certain groups, it is better to get to know the person, not what stereotype you think they will fit."
Theodora said as she regarded you.
Nicole wrote:'Yet... stereotypes have to come from somewhere real.'

Serge pointed to Nicole with a look of vindication plastered on his face. "See! She gets it! Archetypes, stereotypes, tvtropes, schemas, or whatever you want to call them. We've gotten pretty good at grouping up certain behavioral patterns. All of which have some basis in the real world. "

"Don't worry though I'm not that stupid. If I used stereotypes as my entire basis for viewing the world than I'd be a drug addict and my first task at Steelhaven would've gone very differently. I know we're all unique even if we unconsciously follow certain tropes." he assured Theodora, not wanting to have another argument with a women who had just been possessed and forced to stab an innocent ninja. "And trust me. When your as weak as I am you never underestimate anyone."

"Very well young man, be careful until all of this is cleared up please."
Jeffry said and he gave you a nod before he continued on his way.
The trays where where you had left them.

Serge took one of the trays and carefully brought it back upstairs to the infirmary, humming to himself along the way.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:54 pm

(Steelhaven Hall, 7:15 PM)
"I see the problem, normally for such a petient I would have aske for regular blood tests...and quite a few medicines, depending on her exact condition that either would need monitoring through blood or would be administered interveniously...but we have to work with what we are given and I am sure me and my apprentice can find a way to treat the child regardless of her fears."
Michael said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "In time, she'll be able to handle needles well enough to get a tattoo as a reward. For now, however, if she wants any new piercings, I'll ask a friendly spirit with thin claws for help."

"I would not think that to be possible, there should not be enough of the serum in a person's blood...a tissue sample from the injection site maybe but even that is stretching it, not that I can say for sure I ahve not examined the blood of anyone on the serum looking for it's markers but I have seen stamples from prisoners kept under control with the serum and it have not shown up as anything glaringly odd."
Dr Wong said.
"I guess that could be checked we have plenty of prisoners...checking their blood for the serum would let me tell you if there is enough of it present to reverse engineer it from blood alone."
He nodded, "Of course, I would not be the one to accuse him of doing something sneaky. I still find the story rather fishy-sounding."
He sighed, "Whatever the serum's true path may be, it should never be used on anyone for more thna three days. That way headaches and strokes lie..."

"I will see what I can do but the man's crimes are severe Mr Wainwright getting his neck of the block will not be an easy task, I can make no promises."
Udella said.
"But I will talk with him."
He smiled warmly, "Well, you do have a reputation for fighting like a tigress for hopeless causes."

"I am fine Mentor that serum sounds horrible but this collar I really feel nothing, m Avatar is fine it is just Quintessence that is restricted not my dragon itself."
Anna said and smiled.
"Unless I try to cast a forbidden spell I really feel nothing and if I try I just feel like when I just fail a spell, when I can not get enough omph into it sort of."
He nodded, "And we'll soon get you formally ranked, too - see how advanced you are in your magical studies. I suspect there's a fair bit you could teach me, to be frank - in particular about manipulating the raw Quintessence itself."

"I know how he feels, remember I was once of a very...prestigious family, but no one saw me they saw my family name."
Udella said and sigh.
"Well Mr Sharaya are a credit to his Chantry."
She added.
He grinned wryly, "Well, I've been told that family association did get you your first case at an early age, so I would imagine people did start noticing you for your own achievements in short order..."

"And that explination do not really make it less crazy my good man."
Rodger said and grinned.
"But whatever works eh?"
He chuckled, "True enough - but I find that a sane mind seldom follows a straight line."

"Ah yes being hit with rocketery are bound to be more os a neusance."
Rodger said and grinned.
"Ok, I think I know where the kitchen is I have visited Steelhaven a few times."
Udella nodded.
"I will take care of it my good man."
She agreed and she fell back to take care of the arcane connections of any blood drops left behind.
He smiled to Udella, then nodded, taking Rodger's weight better onto his shoulder, "Quite, I was going to suggest you shift your balance a little. Here we are; the common room of Steelhaven Hall, and the kitchen in the corner..."
He glanced around the room, taking in the view.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:36 am

Serge's Post:

'Well... it is a job. Damn hard job too. At least if you fuck some drawing up you can bin it and start again. Not if it's on someone's arm.'

Serge's Post:

'There's only so many combinations, after all. We all end up ticking a few stereotypes, even if we don't mean it. Like yes, I did do a fair bit of basketball and hockey as a kid.' not looking up from her phone.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:37 am

(Nicole) A look of puzzlement on Adley's first comment.

"Nevermind," he said with a wave of a hand.

"A Flambeau with no fireballs that is like ordering fries and get not ketchup on the side." Theodora joked. "But yes there are often more useful things to use than fire, it can be...dificult to control, and your House is about more than flames."

"So it is." He gave her a sudden grin. "Though when I was a kid, I wanted a charmander. So, there's that. Then again, what kid wouldn't want a dinosaur that spits flames? I am so tired, it is nearly like the time I got drunk..." He shook his head a bit and shifted again, checking to make sure she was not trying to get out of the binds.

"I guess it depend on what honor is to you to me honor is being reiable, that my allies knows that if I have said I will be there to cover their exit, I will be there to cover their exit since one day I will be the one who need my exit guarded."
Theodora said.
'That's different; you do it 'cos it needs to be done. Like when I ran at that fucker and knocked them down earlier. Could have turned out very nasty, that.' not looking up from her phone.

"I'm just glad it didn't...it was bad enough."

"There are archetypes kid but not the stereotypes from TV in fact believing in them afre often quite dangerous, not only do you then underesimate those around you but you might end up believing some pretty nasty stereotypes about certain groups, it is better to get to know the person, not what stereotype you think they will fit."
Theodora said as she regarded you.
Nicole wrote:

Serge pointed to Nicole with a look of vindication plastered on his face. "See! She gets it! Archetypes, stereotypes, tvtropes, schemas, or whatever you want to call them. We've gotten pretty good at grouping up certain behavioral patterns. All of which have some basis in the real world. "

"Don't worry though I'm not that stupid. If I used stereotypes as my entire basis for viewing the world than I'd be a drug addict and my first task at Steelhaven would've gone very differently. I know we're all unique even if we unconsciously follow certain tropes." he assured Theodora, not wanting to have another argument with a women who had just been possessed and forced to stab an innocent ninja. "And trust me. When your as weak as I am you never underestimate anyone."

Adley gave him an odd look at that, unsure why he was calling himself weak. "Perhaps you would be interested in contemplating writings regarding the plane of ideal forms also known as the realm of ideas," he said. "We can speak of it later, after you've seen to your duty. And I've slept and we're not being attacked, or recovering from being attacked." After he left again, he waited for his pater to return or for a message about what to do next.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:26 am

[Nicole and Adley and Serge] (Steelhaven at 6 30 in the afternoon.)

Nicole bit her lip for a moment; this was turning out to be strange indeed. Then hammered out a reply;

'Is he still there? Is he Awakened? And how did he know about the Lab?'

You got a reply back.
"He is not still there but he left a phone number. I do not know if he is Awakened or not I did not look at his spiritual bits, he did not say how he knows about the place."

"That is true, they come from somewhere the problem is that they often become both a streightjacket and a self fulfilling statement meant to sum up all of what a person is."
Theodora said and frowned.

"Ok before we continue this discussion perhaps we should define what we both mean by honor, for it is a word often thrown out there, but it seams to mena very different things to different pepole, so what are your definition of honor?"
The young Tytalus asked and glanced at Nicole.

"The problem is that stereotypes comes from how some induviduals have behaved, but they tend to rather become road maps, and so many get trapped by them. I am a girly girl so I don't play computer games, I am a geek so I am socially akward, I am a tough girl so I can't cook or more damaging I am a young black man from a poor neigborhood so I have to be macho, fit into a gang and fail at school, or I am a teenaged mother so I have to be a stupid bimbo, it is easy to fall into the patterns others expect of us."

"So it is." He gave her a sudden grin. "Though when I was a kid, I wanted a charmander. So, there's that. Then again, what kid wouldn't want a dinosaur that spits flames? I am so tired, it is nearly like the time I got drunk..." He shook his head a bit and shifted again, checking to make sure she was not trying to get out of the binds.

"Is not Charmander meant to be like a dragon even if it is not a dragon type?"
Theodora said and grinned.
"Careful what you wish for so no one put you in a little ball."
She commented, she was sitting still and not fighting her bonds.

Some time Jeffry came into the room, he was carrying your sleeping bag and bucket of supplies.
"I seams our Primus knows what the spirit that attacked us was, I will call it and interrogate it once we have slept mea filius."
The old Flambeau told you.
"How are our phycician doing?"
He asked and Dr Lee glanced up.
"I am going to be fine, and Miss Bouchard is helping out."
He commented and Jeffry winced.
"Names...until we are sure we are in the clear be careful of names please."
He said and Dr Lee muttered something about Hermetics before replying.
"As you order Sir."

[Serge] (Steelhaven 6 15 in the afternoon.)

Serge took one of the trays and carefully brought it back upstairs to the infirmary, humming to himself along the way.

You got back to the infirmary, most of the patients where sleeping now, only Allison, Fran and Mr Rush where still here taking cae of them and the hectic activity had died down, those with lesser wounds where healed and sent on their way. Allison where cleaning up a bit where Mr Rush where going over what herbs he had in his kit. Allison looked up at you and smiled as you came into the make shift infirmary.
"Hi Mr Yager, how are Dr Lee doing?"
She asked. Fran looked up from where she was putting a sheet over the woman with the exposed spine sovering her face.
"I tried to get more blood doners but those up here where to sick to donate."
She informed you.

[Colin] (Steelhaven 7 15 in the evening.)

Colin nodded, "In time, she'll be able to handle needles well enough to get a tattoo as a reward. For now, however, if she wants any new piercings, I'll ask a friendly spirit with thin claws for help."

"So it is not all sharp objects that are the problem or breaking the skin? That is useful to know. For Yu Die it is only needles in a medical sense, she sews clothing, for example but she would be afraid of anything done in a doctor's office."

He nodded, "Of course, I would not be the one to accuse him of doing something sneaky. I still find the story rather fishy-sounding."
He sighed, "Whatever the serum's true path may be, it should never be used on anyone for more thna three days. That way headaches and strokes lie..."

"Warnings should probably sent out about that to everyone who have been on the serum for some time and to all Chantries."
"And more information should be found out about the serum and it's function."

He smiled warmly, "Well, you do have a reputation for fighting like a tigress for hopeless causes."

"Well yes so I have and I will do what i can, if i decide to take his case."
Udella said with a slight smile.

He nodded, "And we'll soon get you formally ranked, too - see how advanced you are in your magical studies. I suspect there's a fair bit you could teach me, to be frank - in particular about manipulating the raw Quintessence itself."

"Gabriel said that I am a Deciple of Prime, I am not sure if that is correct though."
The young mage said then she smiled.
"I would be happy to teach you Mentor."

He grinned wryly, "Well, I've been told that family association did get you your first case at an early age, so I would imagine people did start noticing you for your own achievements in short order..."

"It did and I was lucky in that in mage society one's sleeper family, even one which have bred it's fair share of powerful mages only mean so much, but I still know the burden Master Sharaya struggle with quite well."
Udella said.

He chuckled, "True enough - but I find that a sane mind seldom follows a straight line."

"That it often do not indeed."
Rodger said and grinned.

He smiled to Udella, then nodded, taking Rodger's weight better onto his shoulder, "Quite, I was going to suggest you shift your balance a little. Here we are; the common room of Steelhaven Hall, and the kitchen in the corner..."
He glanced around the room, taking in the view.

"Well this is cozy enough."
Roger said as he looked around, leaing a good part of his weight on you. In the common room there was still a smell of food lingering in the air. There was not that many there right now, Helga was there having a meal, and the hedge wizards on loan for the Node cleansing prosject where sitting around a table. You saw Master Telar coming up from the basement, she gave a tired sigh then she saw you and smiled.
"A Mr Wainwright...Mr...ehm Tasselwell was it? Hello."
She said and Rodger gave her a polite bow.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:25 am

Nicole wrote:'There's only so many combinations, after all. We all end up ticking a few stereotypes, even if we don't mean it. Like yes, I did do a fair bit of basketball and hockey as a kid.' not looking up from her phone.

Serge didn't say anything noticing that Nicole was busy on her phone, but a small smile did spread on his face as the headstrong Etherite did somewhat agree with what he had said.

Adley wrote:Adley gave him an odd look at that, unsure why he was calling himself weak. "Perhaps you would be interested in contemplating writings regarding the plane of ideal forms also known as the realm of ideas," he said. "We can speak of it later, after you've seen to your duty. And I've slept and we're not being attacked, or recovering from being attacked." After he left again, he waited for his pater to return or for a message about what to do next.

"Realm of ideas? Sounds like a place I'd like. Is that anything like the dream realms?" Serge wondered before saying, "But yeah, that's a conversation for another day. Get some rest. You of all people need it."

"The problem is that stereotypes comes from how some induviduals have behaved, but they tend to rather become road maps, and so many get trapped by them. I am a girly girl so I don't play computer games, I am a geek so I am socially akward, I am a tough girl so I can't cook or more damaging I am a young black man from a poor neigborhood so I have to be macho, fit into a gang and fail at school, or I am a teenaged mother so I have to be a stupid bimbo, it is easy to fall into the patterns others expect of us."

"That's where the idea of breaking stereotypes comes in. Breaking the mold and the norm is it's own trope. The geek that strives to develop a charismatic voice that defies expectation. The black man from mean streets of Detroit working hard to graduate from Havard. The pathetic comic relief surpassing the hero in the final arc through hard work and determination. The villain who kills the hero as soon as he's caught them. Your only constrained by them if you let yourself be constrained." Serge argued.

You got back to the infirmary, most of the patients where sleeping now, only Allison, Fran and Mr Rush where still here taking cae of them and the hectic activity had died down, those with lesser wounds where healed and sent on their way. Allison where cleaning up a bit where Mr Rush where going over what herbs he had in his kit. Allison looked up at you and smiled as you came into the make shift infirmary.
"Hi Mr Yager, how are Dr Lee doing?"
She asked. Fran looked up from where she was putting a sheet over the woman with the exposed spine sovering her face.
"I tried to get more blood doners but those up here where to sick to donate."
She informed you.

"He'll be alright. It'll take more than a couple of stab wounds to bring him down." Serge said to the two women as he placed the tray of food nearby. "There's another tray on the third floor. If we need more food I can go and get it."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:53 am

"So it is not all sharp objects that are the problem or breaking the skin? That is useful to know. For Yu Die it is only needles in a medical sense, she sews clothing, for example but she would be afraid of anything done in a doctor's office."
Colin nodded, "All sorts of needles, but not crochet hooks or blades. She did get a spool of IV tubing in Chicago, though, to make that seem less scary in case a catheter is inevitable... She made me a neat key ring from it, amonth other things."

"Warnings should probably sent out about that to everyone who have been on the serum for some time and to all Chantries."
"And more information should be found out about the serum and it's function."
He nodded, "Dr. Lee is quite well informed in that regard; he should be able to describe the medical aspects of it better than I can - all I know is that it's a Hermetic Lichdom potion derivative, laced with Primium, and it isolates the pineal gland for the bloody Computer to extract Avatars and apparently store them for an indeterminate amount of time."

"Gabriel said that I am a Deciple of Prime, I am not sure if that is correct though."
The young mage said then she smiled.
"I would be happy to teach you Mentor."
He grinned, "I do believe that's about right - enough to counter most Magi's spellcraft."

"Well this is cozy enough."
Roger said as he looked around, leaing a good part of his weight on you. In the common room there was still a smell of food lingering in the air. There was not that many there right now, Helga was there having a meal, and the hedge wizards on loan for the Node cleansing prosject where sitting around a table. You saw Master Telar coming up from the basement, she gave a tired sigh then she saw you and smiled.
"A Mr Wainwright...Mr...ehm Tasselwell was it? Hello."
She said and Rodger gave her a polite bow.
He gave Helga and the hedge wizards a brief nod, then smiled to Cita, "Hello again, Master Telar. I'm sorry to burden you more, but I'm afraid I'm going to need another comparative scan. I seem to have picked up some... more bits when I tore down the Caul. She's very specific about not being touched by Master Tolle, but you, she'll accept."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:56 am

"Realm of ideas? Sounds like a place I'd like. Is that anything like the dream realms?" Serge wondered before saying, "But yeah, that's a conversation for another day. Get some rest. You of all people need it."

"They are related to one another Mr Yager."
Richard said.
"But they are not the same, the dream realms are a level if you will in the Umbrea, literaly the realms of dreams, it lay over the layers of the Umbra like a fine film. The realms of ideas though are in Western occultism the part of creation where an idea have formed but not yet manifested into full reality...or something like that."
The Akashic said.
"Well there is a little more to it than that."
Theodora commented sounding amused."

"That's where the idea of breaking stereotypes comes in. Breaking the mold and the norm is it's own trope. The geek that strives to develop a charismatic voice that defies expectation. The black man from mean streets of Detroit working hard to graduate from Havard. The pathetic comic relief surpassing the hero in the final arc through hard work and determination. The villain who kills the hero as soon as he's caught them. Your only constrained by them if you let yourself be constrained." Serge argued.

"And yet you defeat your own argument here kid, you already assume someone will conform to a stereotype that a geek will need to work on getting a carismatic voice that he do not have it already, that someone can not have intense interestes and be smart and be good socially, or that a person have to have a designated role, the hero, the comic relief and so on that then have to be overcome, already this asumption is limiting even if the person can then fight to overcome the assumption, if the assumption was not there they would not need to overcome it in the first place."
The Tytalus said as she regarded Serge.

"He'll be alright. It'll take more than a couple of stab wounds to bring him down." Serge said to the two women as he placed the tray of food nearby. "There's another tray on the third floor. If we need more food I can go and get it."

"We might but I can get it, I need to get someoen to help me get...Sophia, I do not know her name, not really but it feels wrong to just call her the spine woman so Sophia, down to where her body can be disposed of."
Fran said and she stood up and looked at the body she had just covered sadly. Allison sigh and nodded.
"I know had it been me I would have preferred to be given some name...to be thought of as a human being."
She commented then she turned to you.
"Thank you Mr Yager your Mentor was awake for a few minutes a little while ago, she told you to go and check on Miss Olsen and the girls, that there is a young girl there you should befriend that sometime down the line there will be useful that you know her."
The hedge wizard said.
"I am glad to hear about Dr Lee though, he is a good man."

Colin nodded, "All sorts of needles, but not crochet hooks or blades. She did get a spool of IV tubing in Chicago, though, to make that seem less scary in case a catheter is inevitable... She made me a neat key ring from it, amonth other things."

"She is ok with blades so she might be ok if I need to check the things that can be checked witn a finger prick if I numb down her fingertip and use a scalpel? For that makes things easier, not ideal but easier, someone with seady hands might be able to open a vein with the tip of a scalpel and thread it with and IV set with the needle removed, and to use Tradition general terms there are Correspondence for that sort of precicion, a bit of magick or a local anestetic should deal with the pain such would cause."
"I should probably warn Yu Die to not do her crafting in front of Anna then and you should want your apprentice that the tubing she have been given to play with would freak my apprentice out."
He said then he grinned.
"A key cian made with IV tubing though, that is pretty cool, tell her that if she is selling I would love one for my work keys."

He nodded, "Dr. Lee is quite well informed in that regard; he should be able to describe the medical aspects of it better than I can - all I know is that it's a Hermetic Lichdom potion derivative, laced with Primium, and it isolates the pineal gland for the bloody Computer to extract Avatars and apparently store them for an indeterminate amount of time."

"You are sure? That the Computer are involved with the serum Mr Wainwright for that is a quite serious accusation."
Dr Wong asked his eyes growing wide.
"Do you think there is a danger to my Chantrymate who makes that stuff? Also I will have to have a talk with my apprentice about this as soon as there is time then."

He grinned, "I do believe that's about right - enough to counter most Magi's spellcraft."

"He also say I am talented at using my magick for exactly that, stopping the spells of others and wards, basically messing with the magick of others, I am not as good with other things like making Prime bolts and such."
Anna said and pouted.

He gave Helga and the hedge wizards a brief nod, then smiled to Cita

The hedge wizard gave you polite nods in return before they continued eating Helga just scowled, she always scowled.

"Hello again, Master Telar. I'm sorry to burden you more, but I'm afraid I'm going to need another comparative scan. I seem to have picked up some... more bits when I tore down the Caul. She's very specific about not being touched by Master Tolle, but you, she'll accept."

Cita nodded at that.
"That is ok Mr Wainwright, I will be glad to help, if you let me go to my room and have a showever and a cup of coffee as I have been working non stop and I reek, then I can take care of it if you are ready you can drop by my room in five minutes or so."
The Virtual Adept suggjested.
"But I am not going to keep you here, you two look like you should be sitting down."
She commented.
"But one thing first, your rote worked and combining it with some theories of my own I was able to heal Tobias Wagner, it was not comfortable for him and he will need some time to fully recover but his Avatar is no longer posioned he will be fine, you saved him, thank you."
The spirit healer said with a warm smile.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:30 am

"She is ok with blades so she might be ok if I need to check the things that can be checked witn a finger prick if I numb down her fingertip and use a scalpel? For that makes things easier, not ideal but easier, someone with seady hands might be able to open a vein with the tip of a scalpel and thread it with and IV set with the needle removed, and to use Tradition general terms there are Correspondence for that sort of precicion, a bit of magick or a local anestetic should deal with the pain such would cause."
"I should probably warn Yu Die to not do her crafting in front of Anna then and you should want your apprentice that the tubing she have been given to play with would freak my apprentice out."
He said then he grinned.
"A key cian made with IV tubing though, that is pretty cool, tell her that if she is selling I would love one for my work keys."
Colin frowned, "Ah, I did not consider that Yu die might have issues with the tubing, even if it is presented as a crafting supply..."
He held up his keychain, "Do you think the finished product would be moch of a problem, though?"

"You are sure? That the Computer are involved with the serum Mr Wainwright for that is a quite serious accusation."
Dr Wong asked his eyes growing wide.
"Do you think there is a danger to my Chantrymate who makes that stuff? Also I will have to have a talk with my apprentice about this as soon as there is time then."
He nodded, "The Computer is directly connected to the Union's use of the serum. I don't believe it has any direct influence on or benefit from its use in the Traditions, or even among the Nephandi, so I do not think it would count as an accusation against anyone making or using the serum, as such. I believe your Chantrymate is quite safe."

"He also say I am talented at using my magick for exactly that, stopping the spells of others and wards, basically messing with the magick of others, I am not as good with other things like making Prime bolts and such."
Anna said and pouted.
He smiled, "All in due time. We won't want you to throw around Prime bolts in the Chantry in any case... Oh, and a small matter, that crafting tubing you were given - Dr. Wong warned me Yu Die has some problems with similar tubing, so perhaps it would be best to not take it out in her presence."

Cita nodded at that.
"That is ok Mr Wainwright, I will be glad to help, if you let me go to my room and have a showever and a cup of coffee as I have been working non stop and I reek, then I can take care of it if you are ready you can drop by my room in five minutes or so."
The Virtual Adept suggjested.
"But I am not going to keep you here, you two look like you should be sitting down."
She commented.
"But one thing first, your rote worked and combining it with some theories of my own I was able to heal Tobias Wagner, it was not comfortable for him and he will need some time to fully recover but his Avatar is no longer posioned he will be fine, you saved him, thank you."
The spirit healer said with a warm smile.
He nodded, "Might take a little more than five minutes for us to get patched up - Primium rounds are a little harder to heal, so Dr. Wong might need to use old-fashioned stitching."
He grinned broadly, "Oh, that is excellent news; speaking of which, Master Ir at Chantry Morningstar would like a writeup on how you did this - I mentioned that you planned to try something with my spell, but I was not at the time sure of the exact outcome. I will likely want to have a word with young Mr. Wagner later, to see how he is doing, but that will have to wait..."
He led Rodger over to a vacant table and helped him down on a chair, "Now, I can snoop around and see if there's some food, if you're hungry."
He paused for a moment, "Hum, come to think of it, did anyone ever get around to finishing that leftover pizza from Tuesday?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:43 pm

Colin frowned, "Ah, I did not consider that Yu die might have issues with the tubing, even if it is presented as a crafting supply..."
He held up his keychain, "Do you think the finished product would be moch of a problem, though?"

Michael sigh and shook his head sadly.
"I found Yu Die in a little shit hole mental hospital, her foster parents had abendoned there, it was over crowded and under staffed and no one had the time to care for a little traumatized girl, when she screamed at night they drugged her, when she refused to eat they hooked her up to IV's to keep her alive. I found her strapped into a bed, despite thee being laws limiting how long a patient can be restrained in such a way it was clear she had been there for days, her wrists and ankels where raw, she smelled of her own urine and tubes in her arms gave her nourishment and medicines to sedate her...I got her out of there and rapported the facility but...it will take a long time before she can be comfortable around medical equipment again. Especially since the traumatic Awakening that led to her ending up in that mental hospital also included a medical situation."
He said then he looked at the keychain.
"She will be fine with it I think the way it is made it is hard to see what it is, but the spool would be easier to identify."
The Akashic said and nodded.
"Your apprentice is quite creative Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "The Computer is directly connected to the Union's use of the serum. I don't believe it has any direct influence on or benefit from its use in the Traditions, or even among the Nephandi, so I do not think it would count as an accusation against anyone making or using the serum, as such. I believe your Chantrymate is quite safe."

"Well that is good to know, still this news is most disturbing, you are sure it is due to the computer the serum was created?"
Dr Wong asked.
"And I also wonder why the man from the Etherite clinic have brought it to the Traditions."
He said and frowned.

He smiled, "All in due time. We won't want you to throw around Prime bolts in the Chantry in any case... Oh, and a small matter, that crafting tubing you were given - Dr. Wong warned me Yu Die has some problems with similar tubing, so perhaps it would be best to not take it out in her presence."

"Well no I would not toss Prime bolts in the Chantry but it would be nice to be able to do so poperly and not have them fail on me half the time, I made a good one when you captured me but then you put those cuffs on me and poof it was gone."
Anna said and pouted some more.
"Yeah sure I will keep the spool hidden while talking with this girl you talk about Mentor."
She promised.

He nodded, "Might take a little more than five minutes for us to get patched up - Primium rounds are a little harder to heal, so Dr. Wong might need to use old-fashioned stitching."

"Very well give me a call when you are ready then Mr Wainwright."
The Spirit Healer said.

He grinned broadly, "Oh, that is excellent news; speaking of which, Master Ir at Chantry Morningstar would like a writeup on how you did this - I mentioned that you planned to try something with my spell, but I was not at the time sure of the exact outcome. I will likely want to have a word with young Mr. Wagner later, to see how he is doing, but that will have to wait..."

"Well it is not a problem to talk with Mr Wagner he is down in the Node chamber with Miss Alexander recovering just make sure you do not push so hard that you scare the young man he have been through allot and he need his rest."
Cita said.
"I would be happy to write Master Ir and tell him how the program was executed as well when there is time and also you might want to talk with Mr Karyak he assisted me for the working."

He led Rodger over to a vacant table and helped him down on a chair, "Now, I can snoop around and see if there's some food, if you're hungry."
He paused for a moment, "Hum, come to think of it, did anyone ever get around to finishing that leftover pizza from Tuesday?"

Rodger grunted as he slowly sat down.
"Ah that would be good, I could indeed eat."
He said. Helga said.
"Sorry me and some mebers of my Cabal found those pizza leftovers a few days ago. Master Haagen made some food though, the vegtable soup is gone but there are some Mexican stew and bread left, and it is actually pretty good."
The Cultist commented before taking another bide of her stew.
"It is in the kitchen."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:03 pm

Michael sigh and shook his head sadly.
"I found Yu Die in a little shit hole mental hospital, her foster parents had abendoned there, it was over crowded and under staffed and no one had the time to care for a little traumatized girl, when she screamed at night they drugged her, when she refused to eat they hooked her up to IV's to keep her alive. I found her strapped into a bed, despite thee being laws limiting how long a patient can be restrained in such a way it was clear she had been there for days, her wrists and ankels where raw, she smelled of her own urine and tubes in her arms gave her nourishment and medicines to sedate her...I got her out of there and rapported the facility but...it will take a long time before she can be comfortable around medical equipment again. Especially since the traumatic Awakening that led to her ending up in that mental hospital also included a medical situation."
He said then he looked at the keychain.
"She will be fine with it I think the way it is made it is hard to see what it is, but the spool would be easier to identify."
The Akashic said and nodded.
"Your apprentice is quite creative Mr Wainwright."
Colin smiled, "A keen mind, indeed. It will be a boon in her training."

"Well that is good to know, still this news is most disturbing, you are sure it is due to the computer the serum was created?"
Dr Wong asked.
"And I also wonder why the man from the Etherite clinic have brought it to the Traditions."
He said and frowned.
He nodded, "That does seem to be the case - though I cannot say whether the serum or the Computer came first. As for why it was brought to the Traditions, well, it does have its uses, and until and unless actual evidence to the contrary comes along, his offered reasoning does seem to withstand scrutiny."

"Well no I would not toss Prime bolts in the Chantry but it would be nice to be able to do so poperly and not have them fail on me half the time, I made a good one when you captured me but then you put those cuffs on me and poof it was gone."
Anna said and pouted some more.
"Yeah sure I will keep the spool hidden while talking with this girl you talk about Mentor."
She promised.
He grinned wryly, "I'm sure your bolt would have hurt quite a bit, yes. But frankly, I've been hit by enough hostile magic this weekend; between Cotta's rather direct attack and the Fallen Technocrat's attempt to blow up my... well, a rather important bit of me, I've really had my fill of offensive spells for a while."

"Very well give me a call when you are ready then Mr Wainwright."
The Spirit Healer said.
He nodded, "Will it be acceptable if I ask you to join us in Chief Morgan's office as Master Tolle performs his inquiries? Might save some time."

"Well it is not a problem to talk with Mr Wagner he is down in the Node chamber with Miss Alexander recovering just make sure you do not push so hard that you scare the young man he have been through allot and he need his rest."
Cita said.
"I would be happy to write Master Ir and tell him how the program was executed as well when there is time and also you might want to talk with Mr Karyak he assisted me for the working."
He frowned, "I do indeed want to speak with Mr. Karyak, but the young man seems to have disobeyed orders once again, and has yet to return from the Nephandi Battlecruiser... I hope he is on his way home relatively safely, and that he hasn't endangered the werebeast allies he had with him. The young chap is... perhaps a little too enthusiastic in battle."

Rodger grunted as he slowly sat down.
"Ah that would be good, I could indeed eat."
He said. Helga said.
"Sorry me and some mebers of my Cabal found those pizza leftovers a few days ago. Master Haagen made some food though, the vegtable soup is gone but there are some Mexican stew and bread left, and it is actually pretty good."
The Cultist commented before taking another bide of her stew.
"It is in the kitchen."
He nodded to Helga, "At least the pizza was eaten before it expired. Still good, I hope?"
He looked to Rodger before heading to the kitchen, "So, small, medium or large serving? I gather it's been a few hours without food, and you might want a good foundation of solids before we execute that bottle later?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:42 pm

Colin smiled, "A keen mind, indeed. It will be a boon in her training."

"A keen mind is always a boon in an apprentice Mr Wainwright."
Dr Wong said and nodded.

He nodded, "That does seem to be the case - though I cannot say whether the serum or the Computer came first. As for why it was brought to the Traditions, well, it does have its uses, and until and unless actual evidence to the contrary comes along, his offered reasoning does seem to withstand scrutiny."

"Hum...well I guess there are currently more pressing matters than to increase that scrutiny right now but perhaps it is a matter that should eventually be looked into further when time allows."

He grinned wryly, "I'm sure your bolt would have hurt quite a bit, yes. But frankly, I've been hit by enough hostile magic this weekend; between Cotta's rather direct attack and the Fallen Technocrat's attempt to blow up my... well, a rather important bit of me, I've really had my fill of offensive spells for a while."

"Yeah the Prime bolt would have hurt but I understand that you have had your fill of offensive spells Mentor, but that was a good Prime bolt was it not, I mean I thought for a while it would be my last spell...I was kind of glad then that my last one would be a good one."
Anna said.
"And even more glad that it is not my last."
She added and smiled.

He nodded, "Will it be acceptable if I ask you to join us in Chief Morgan's office as Master Tolle performs his inquiries? Might save some time."

"That is acceptable Mr Wainwright."
Cita said and nodded.

He frowned, "I do indeed want to speak with Mr. Karyak, but the young man seems to have disobeyed orders once again, and has yet to return from the Nephandi Battlecruiser... I hope he is on his way home relatively safely, and that he hasn't endangered the werebeast allies he had with him. The young chap is... perhaps a little too enthusiastic in battle."

"Battleis not the only thing he is to enthusiastic in Mr Wainwright, the boy is a loose cannon, but he is talented, oh so very talented and it is that talent I hope to nourish, he could become a wonderful healer of spirits, if he can learn to rain in his impulsiveness."
The Virtual Adept Master said with a concerned look on her face.

He nodded to Helga, "At least the pizza was eaten before it expired. Still good, I hope?"

"Yes it was still good, I am sorry we did not know someone still wanted those leftovers."
Helga said apologetically.

He looked to Rodger before heading to the kitchen, "So, small, medium or large serving? I gather it's been a few hours without food, and you might want a good foundation of solids before we execute that bottle later?"

"It have been some time since my last meal yes, would you mind just bringing me a portion as large as would be polite."
Rodger said and he patted his stomach and grinned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:44 pm

'There's only so many combinations, after all. We all end up ticking a few stereotypes, even if we don't mean it. Like yes, I did do a fair bit of basketball and hockey as a kid.' not looking up from her phone

"Bruins fan?"

"Not quite," he said, leaving his curiosity alone. "I would enjoy more debate later for I can't set a decent argument at the moment. Sleep, yes. Soon I do hope, when everyone is safe."

"Is not Charmander meant to be like a dragon even if it is not a dragon type?" Theodora said and grinned.

"I think you're right. But dinosaurs are pretty much dragons, so the point stands corrected: what kid doesn't want a dragon for a pet?"

"Careful what you wish for so no one put you in a little ball." She commented,

"I never really thought about that when I watched the show, but that is pretty weird isn't it?"

Some time Jeffry came into the room, he was carrying your sleeping bag and bucket of supplies.
"I seams our Primus knows what the spirit that attacked us was, I will call it and interrogate it once we have slept mea filius."
The old Flambeau told you.

"Good, we can keep it the hell out of here then. So are we going to erm, move our sodalis to somewhere else? Shall I help you find someone to watch the room while we rest?" He reached out to take some of the things from his mentor. "And I suppose we should put up some kind of spell as we rest..." he sighed.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:02 pm

"Hum...well I guess there are currently more pressing matters than to increase that scrutiny right now but perhaps it is a matter that should eventually be looked into further when time allows."
Colin shrugged, "I'm sure we'll find the time to investigate in a couple of months."

"Yeah the Prime bolt would have hurt but I understand that you have had your fill of offensive spells Mentor, but that was a good Prime bolt was it not, I mean I thought for a while it would be my last spell...I was kind of glad then that my last one would be a good one."
Anna said.
"And even more glad that it is not my last."
She added and smiled.
He smiled, "It was elegant. I look forward to more sleek and elegant spells from you. Though perhaps not prime bolts aimed at me."

"Battleis not the only thing he is to enthusiastic in Mr Wainwright, the boy is a loose cannon, but he is talented, oh so very talented and it is that talent I hope to nourish, he could become a wonderful healer of spirits, if he can learn to rain in his impulsiveness."
The Virtual Adept Master said with a concerned look on her face.
He frowned, "The young man's got difficulty with certain concepts, like chain of command... If he could only learn a measure of respect for law and order, he can go far. If not... I won't make bets on his life expectancy."

"Yes it was still good, I am sorry we did not know someone still wanted those leftovers."
Helga said apologetically.
He shook his head, "No, it's quite alright - better someone ate them than they were forgotten for a week. Like I said, those pizzas were bought on Tuesday, and forgotten in the middle of the legal clusterfuck surrounding my Cabalmate."

"It have been some time since my last meal yes, would you mind just bringing me a portion as large as would be polite."
Rodger said and he patted his stomach and grinned.
He nodded, "Can do. You'll have to pardon me if I don't share the meal - don't quite feel like meat; I shared in the battlecruiser's sensations as it ate... Nephandi. One of several specific memories I don't care to retain..."
He slipped into the kitchen and fixed up a hearty portion of stew with a few slices of bread to Rodger, and brought it back to him, "Bon apetit. Let's hope this is acceptably clean for Dr. Wong, so we don't have to lurch into the kitchen, as well."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:47 pm

"I think you're right. But dinosaurs are pretty much dragons, so the point stands corrected: what kid doesn't want a dragon for a pet?"

"True I sure would not have minded a dragon pet."
The young Tytalus said and grinned.
"Especially a fire breathing one."

"I never really thought about that when I watched the show, but that is pretty weird isn't it?"

"Well yes and no my Mentor have a Umbrood tied to a ring, if he can put a spirit in a ring, who to say an entity can not be housed in a ball?"
Theodora said.
"And Pokemon do remind me of spirits."
She said then she gave a chuckle.
"Listen to us discussing the metaphysics of Pokemon I think my former Cabalmate here have a bad influence on us."
The Tytalus said and she nodded towards Serge.

"Good, we can keep it the hell out of here then. So are we going to erm, move our sodalis to somewhere else? Shall I help you find someone to watch the room while we rest?" He reached out to take some of the things from his mentor. "And I suppose we should put up some kind of spell as we rest..." he sighed.

"Hopefully yes we can keep the spirit out of here."
Jeffry said as he handed you your sleeping bag.
"Our Scribe and Mr Smithson is heading here to watch over our guest and our Sodalis respectivly when they are here we can leave, as for what spells to put up when we sleep we have to speak with the man setting up the time bubble for that."

Colin shrugged, "I'm sure we'll find the time to investigate in a couple of months."

Michael just nodded at that.

He smiled, "It was elegant. I look forward to more sleek and elegant spells from you. Though perhaps not prime bolts aimed at me."

"I will try to not aim at you to often Mentor."
Anna said and smiled.

He frowned, "The young man's got difficulty with certain concepts, like chain of command... If he could only learn a measure of respect for law and order, he can go far. If not... I won't make bets on his life expectancy."

"The problem is that he have zeel, he have his own path and believe any law or rule not fitting into that path should be ignored, hopefully he will eventually learn, working against laws one find unfair is good but just ignoring them is not, and at times one have to accept the orders of another."
Cita said and frowned.

He shook his head, "No, it's quite alright - better someone ate them than they were forgotten for a week. Like I said, those pizzas were bought on Tuesday, and forgotten in the middle of the legal clusterfuck surrounding my Cabalmate."

"Understandable, considering what happened to Miss Alexander it is not easy to think of food in the middle of that poor girl."
The Cultist said.
"Well I will make sure to treat you and yours to pizza once to make even."
She promised.

He nodded, "Can do. You'll have to pardon me if I don't share the meal - don't quite feel like meat; I shared in the battlecruiser's sensations as it ate... Nephandi. One of several specific memories I don't care to retain..."

"Well I guess there is a reason why the vegtable soup went first there where many who did not feel like meat right now Mr Wainwright."
Helga said and Rodger raised an eyebrow.
"Well now that sound quite unplesant my good man."

He slipped into the kitchen and fixed up a hearty portion of stew with a few slices of bread to Rodger, and brought it back to him, "Bon apetit. Let's hope this is acceptably clean for Dr. Wong, so we don't have to lurch into the kitchen, as well."

In the kitchen you saw Mundi sleeping and next to the large black do lay a tiny white rat with large wound ears that made it look more like a big mouse than a rat.

You got the bowl filled and got back to Rodger.
"Ah yes, much obliged Mr Wainwright."
He said as he dug into the meal with great entusiasm.
"I think this should be clean enough don't you?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:45 pm

Anja's Post:

'Pass the number over. I'll ring him later using a burner [phone].' she typed.

Anja's Post:

'Simple. Doing the stupid shit which gets you killed for no real reason.'

Anja's Post:

A short silence. 'Shit... and now I've got a Subaru. All I need now is the plaid shirt, that double axe tat and a dog.' ending with a laugh.

Anja's Post:

'Yet... a lot of folk do fit stereotypes, at least a bit. Like most auto mechanics are male, straight, like beer and steak and didn't do that well at school.' Nicole retorted. 'Damn... could kill a beer and steak right now. Or some fried chicken.'

Adley's Post:

'You bet.' Nicole replied, giving a grin. 'It'll be nice to go down to the Civic Centre to see the P-Bruins play again.' inadvertently answering another of Adley's questions.

Serge's Post:

'Not me. I wanted a hyena.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:06 pm

"They are related to one another Mr Yager."
Richard said.
"But they are not the same, the dream realms are a level if you will in the Umbrea, literaly the realms of dreams, it lay over the layers of the Umbra like a fine film. The realms of ideas though are in Western occultism the part of creation where an idea have formed but not yet manifested into full reality...or something like that."
The Akashic said.
"Well there is a little more to it than that."
Theodora commented sounding amused."

"There's always a little more to everything in our weird little world." Serge said with a smile as he imagined what that realm would be like.

"And yet you defeat your own argument here kid, you already assume someone will conform to a stereotype that a geek will need to work on getting a carismatic voice that he do not have it already, that someone can not have intense interestes and be smart and be good socially, or that a person have to have a designated role, the hero, the comic relief and so on that then have to be overcome, already this asumption is limiting even if the person can then fight to overcome the assumption, if the assumption was not there they would not need to overcome it in the first place."
The Tytalus said as she regarded Serge.

"I never said that." Serge said with a raised eyebrow. "I assume people are people. Stereotypes are a tool just like any other. Smart assumptions and guesses based on previously seen stereotypical patterns can be helpful and give you insight into a person's behavior but its up to you to figure out which ones they embody. Plus I just think it's fun to see the parallels between popular media and real life. I think your taking what I'm saying way too seriously."

"We might but I can get it, I need to get someoen to help me get...Sophia, I do not know her name, not really but it feels wrong to just call her the spine woman so Sophia, down to where her body can be disposed of."
Fran said and she stood up and looked at the body she had just covered sadly. Allison sigh and nodded.
"I know had it been me I would have preferred to be given some name...to be thought of as a human being."
She commented then she turned to you.
"Thank you Mr Yager your Mentor was awake for a few minutes a little while ago, she told you to go and check on Miss Olsen and the girls, that there is a young girl there you should befriend that sometime down the line there will be useful that you know her."
The hedge wizard said.
"I am glad to hear about Dr Lee though, he is a good man."

"If my mentor said that than it's gotta be important. I was going to go there anyways after all this." Serge said avoiding looking at the dead women. He really didn't need that image haunting his thoughts.

"So their's another little girl. I wonder what she'll be like." he mused to himself as he gave the two women a wave of goodbye and trekked his way down to Rosa's room.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:14 pm

"I will try to not aim at you to often Mentor."
Anna said and smiled.
He grinned, "You had better, or you'll risk losing your pasta privileges."

"The problem is that he have zeel, he have his own path and believe any law or rule not fitting into that path should be ignored, hopefully he will eventually learn, working against laws one find unfair is good but just ignoring them is not, and at times one have to accept the orders of another."
Cita said and frowned.
He nodded, "That seems to be the sum of it."

"Understandable, considering what happened to Miss Alexander it is not easy to think of food in the middle of that poor girl."
The Cultist said.
"Well I will make sure to treat you and yours to pizza once to make even."
She promised.
He grinned, "Once Beatrice is back on her feet, I intend to hold you to that."

"Well I guess there is a reason why the vegtable soup went first there where many who did not feel like meat right now Mr Wainwright."
Helga said and Rodger raised an eyebrow.
"Well now that sound quite unplesant my good man."
He grimaced, "While sharing in the ship's mind for a bit was quite fascinating and even entertaining for the most part, the thing is essentially an apex predator with an animal intellect. This one, though, was rather a friendly sort, like a big family dog... who was defending its mommy. Amusingly, it thinks I'm a podling of its own kind, since I know the joy of flying, too..."

In the kitchen you saw Mundi sleeping and next to the large black do lay a tiny white rat with large wound ears that made it look more like a big mouse than a rat.

You got the bowl filled and got back to Rodger.
"Ah yes, much obliged Mr Wainwright."
He said as he dug into the meal with great entusiasm.
"I think this should be clean enough don't you?"
He nodded, "If you'll excuse me for a moment, though, there's something I ought to address in the kitchen."
He returned to the kitchen and gently picked up the rat, careful not to jostle it too much, then gave Mundi a few gentle nudges to wake him up quietly, voice soft, "Hey, boy, you really shouldn't bring friends to the kitchen like that. C'mon, Mundi, let's get you back into the common room, shall we?"
He looked down at the rat, whispering, "And as for you, you don't look like a wild rat, so I'm guessing you must be the familiar of one of our visiting allies... you shouldn't be here, either."

((OOC: And surprise for Colin in 3... 2... 1... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:49 pm

'Pass the number over. I'll ring him later using a burner [phone].' she typed.

Your former Cabalmate sent you a phone number via textmessages.

"Well then, I do not support getting killed for no real reaon, nor is that my definition of honor. My definition of honor is fighting for something that matter, something greater than oneself and trying to make a difference and being dependable, being the person others will know will keep her word and have their backs, that is honor for me."
Theodora said proudly.

A short silence. 'Shit... and now I've got a Subaru. All I need now is the plaid shirt, that double axe tat and a dog.' ending with a laugh.

Theodora just raised an eyebrow at this.

'Yet... a lot of folk do fit stereotypes, at least a bit. Like most auto mechanics are male, straight, like beer and steak and didn't do that well at school.' Nicole retorted. 'Damn... could kill a beer and steak right now. Or some fried chicken.'

"Yes some fit stereotypes but to make the assumption someone will fit a stereotype is always a mistake as then one tend to make assumptions that often turn out not to be true."
The Tytalus said.

"I never said that." Serge said with a raised eyebrow. "I assume people are people. Stereotypes are a tool just like any other. Smart assumptions and guesses based on previously seen stereotypical patterns can be helpful and give you insight into a person's behavior but its up to you to figure out which ones they embody. Plus I just think it's fun to see the parallels between popular media and real life. I think your taking what I'm saying way too seriously."

"You know what think what you want kid you are not my problem eally and I am to tired to argue, I have said my piece, I am not fond of the idea of placing pepole into stereotypes but do as you wish."
Theodora said in a tired tone of voice and she shook her head at you.

"If my mentor said that than it's gotta be important. I was going to go there anyways after all this." Serge said avoiding looking at the dead women. He really didn't need that image haunting his thoughts.

"So their's another little girl. I wonder what she'll be like." he mused to himself as he gave the two women a wave of goodbye and trekked his way down to Rosa's room.

"I do not know who she is Mr Yager, nor if she is there yet you know your Tradition do not always have the same idea of time as the rest of us."
Allison said before you left.

You got to Rosa's room and your Cousin opened the door.
"Hi Serge...come in."
She said and stepped to the side so you could get into her room.

He grinned, "You had better, or you'll risk losing your pasta privileges."

"Better not risk that then."
Anna said and grinned.

He nodded, "That seems to be the sum of it."

Cita nodded at that.
"So it seams to be."

He grinned, "Once Beatrice is back on her feet, I intend to hold you to that."

"I will remember my promise and I hope your Cabalmate gets better soon Mr Wainwright."
Helga said and smiled.

He grimaced, "While sharing in the ship's mind for a bit was quite fascinating and even entertaining for the most part, the thing is essentially an apex predator with an animal intellect. This one, though, was rather a friendly sort, like a big family dog... who was defending its mommy. Amusingly, it thinks I'm a podling of its own kind, since I know the joy of flying, too..."

"And this would be the Nephandi Battle cruiser we are talking about?"
Helga asked and she raised an eyebrow. Rodger nodded.
"Yes you told me about that experience my bood man."

He nodded, "If you'll excuse me for a moment, though, there's something I ought to address in the kitchen."

"Yes off course."
Rodger said and he gave you a nod as you headed for the kitchen.

He returned to the kitchen and gently picked up the rat, careful not to jostle it too much, then gave Mundi a few gentle nudges to wake him up quietly, voice soft, "Hey, boy, you really shouldn't bring friends to the kitchen like that. C'mon, Mundi, let's get you back into the common room, shall we?"
He looked down at the rat, whispering, "And as for you, you don't look like a wild rat, so I'm guessing you must be the familiar of one of our visiting allies... you shouldn't be here, either."

Mundi woke up and yawned then he slowly got up and wagged his tail at you while regarding you with sleepy eyes. The rat moved in your hands and sort of leaped out of it and then a small woman with nearly white hair weaing a white dress with large eyes and big blue eyes stood next to you.
"I can not sleep in the fruit bowl and not on the floor? Where can I sleep?"
The young woman asked and rubbed at he sleepy eyes with her hands before she yawned as well.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:18 pm

"I will remember my promise and I hope your Cabalmate gets better soon Mr Wainwright."
Helga said and smiled.
Colin nodded, "She will, though it might take a little while for her to be 100%."

"And this would be the Nephandi Battle cruiser we are talking about?"
Helga asked and she raised an eyebrow. Rodger nodded.
"Yes you told me about that experience my bood man."
He nodded, "Neither the ship's Handler nor the ship were corrupted, in fact - they both predate the time when the Nephandi became the little bundle of misanthropy they are today. That, I think, is what essentially let us save the world. If the ship had fought us..."
He shook his head, "Suffice to say, a regular Labyrinth is tough enough; a Battlecruiser and its Handler with no reason to let intruders live... we'd never have made it inside."

Mundi woke up and yawned then he slowly got up and wagged his tail at you while regarding you with sleepy eyes. The rat moved in your hands and sort of leaped out of it and then a small woman with nearly white hair weaing a white dress with large eyes and big blue eyes stood next to you.
"I can not sleep in the fruit bowl and not on the floor? Where can I sleep?"
The young woman asked and rubbed at he sleepy eyes with her hands before she yawned as well.
He blinked slowly, "Ah, you're not... er, that is to say..."
He grinned broadly, "Alright, you're adorable. So, Verbena or wererat?"
He shook his head, "Sorry, I should introduce myself; Colin Wainwright, I live here... and I'm really sorry to have woken you up like that; it's just that animals - or shapechangers who shift between human and animal form - shouldn't generally sleep in the kitchen like that. I'm sure we can find somewhere more comfortable than the floor, though, perhaps out in the common room. Though not in the fruit bowl, perhaps..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:39 am

Anja's Post:

'Thanks.'

A moment's thought; might as well send a field report to Baynes while she was stuck in the chair...

'Arm functions in combat fine. Interesting advantage, no itchy trigger finger. Is this something in the BCI? Need replacement plate #5 - took direct hit by blade. Will do materials test on blade later. Plate cracked, but held up. Some cryptid did a psychic attack on me, caused pain in whole body including arm. Why? Power use in combat is too high. No chance of larger batteries or something? Slight shoulder strain - weight of arm, or just normal stress? Annoying thing; electronics do not recognise fingers as real, even through glove - typing this southpaw.

Do you know anything about this Namos who asked for me today?

Bouchard.'

[As Serge and Adley have seemingly left, perhaps time-skip to after the transfusion's done? Well, unless Theodora wants to talk or you're gonna spring something on Nicole while she's not in a real position to defend herself. *smirks*]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:01 am

"Well yes and no my Mentor have a Umbrood tied to a ring, if he can put a spirit in a ring, who to say an entity can not be housed in a ball?"
Theodora said.
"And Pokemon do remind me of spirits."
She said then she gave a chuckle.
"Listen to us discussing the metaphysics of Pokemon I think my former Cabalmate here have a bad influence on us."
The Tytalus said and she nodded towards Serge.

"Funnily enough, I've had that exact 'Pokemon are like spirits' conversation earlier with the young mage children when we were watching Pokemon together." Serge said with a chuckle as he watched grown adults discussing the same things he had done with little children.

"You know what think what you want kid you are not my problem eally and I am to tired to argue, I have said my piece, I am not fond of the idea of placing pepole into stereotypes but do as you wish."
Theodora said in a tired tone of voice and she shook her head at you.

"Sorry, your right. I talk too much sometimes. Hope you feel better soon." Serge apologized before leaving the room.

"I do not know who she is Mr Yager, nor if she is there yet you know your Tradition do not always have the same idea of time as the rest of us."
Allison said before you left.

You got to Rosa's room and your Cousin opened the door.
"Hi Serge...come in."
She said and stepped to the side so you could get into her room.

"Sup Rosa." Serge said with a smile as he stepped into the room. "How're things going on your end? Did anything cool happen while I was gone?"

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:06 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Replying to something I hadn't noticed before.)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:29 am

"Ok before we continue this discussion perhaps we should define what we both mean by honor, for it is a word often thrown out there, but it seams to mena very different things to different pepole, so what are your definition of honor?"
The young Tytalus asked and glanced at Nicole.

"Definitely not my definition..."

"Well then, I do not support getting killed for no real reaon, nor is that my definition of honor. My definition of honor is fighting for something that matter, something greater than oneself and trying to make a difference and being dependable, being the person others will know will keep her word and have their backs, that is honor for me."

"More like that."

'You bet.' Nicole replied, giving a grin. 'It'll be nice to go down to the Civic Centre to see the P-Bruins play again.' inadvertently answering another of Adley's questions.

"I haven't seen any games this season. I'd like to catch one."

"Well yes and no my Mentor have a Umbrood tied to a ring, if he can put a spirit in a ring, who to say an entity can not be housed in a ball?" Theodora said.
"And Pokemon do remind me of spirits." She said then she gave a chuckle. "Listen to us discussing the metaphysics of Pokemon I think my former Cabalmate here have a bad influence on us." The Tytalus said and she nodded towards Serge.

"I suppose it could be, a sphere is a circle of sorts...so is a ring."

'Not me. I wanted a hyena.'

"Why?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. "So you could always have a friend to laugh at your jokes?"

"Hopefully yes we can keep the spirit out of here." Jeffry said as he handed you your sleeping bag. "Our Scribe and Mr Smithson is heading here to watch over our guest and our Sodalis respectivly when they are here we can leave, as for what spells to put up when we sleep we have to speak with the man setting up the time bubble for that."

He took the roll and held it under an arm, barely resisiting the urge to hug it, curl up and pass out - somehow. "Good. Just wait for them then and we'll be set."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:56 am

Adley's Post:

'Always have. Don't know why there's so much hate for 'em.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next