Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

+2
Warpmind
Jeremy Silverstein
6 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 31 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:37 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, 7:15 PM]
"I don't like parasites I got tics sometimes, one of them bit me on the butt, I did not like that at all."
Strawberry said but she was still pouting.
"Why would someone be allrgic to fur?"
She asked.
Colin shrugged, "I don't know why some people get allergies. Some are allergic to fur, some are allergic to plants, some are allergic to metals... Frankly, if I thought it would help, I might blame the Technocracy. Not entirely sure if they deserve the blame, but it seems as likely as anything else..."

"So you make things of silver?"
Strawberry asked.
"Well the metal is pretty but it do scare me a bit but that is ok but I will stay out of your shop, at least in anything but the form I was born in, silver do not burn in that form."
He arched an eyebrow, "So if I handed you my ring right now, it would hurt you, but if I handed it to you in your rat form, it would not? That's... interesting. Not, of course, that I would want to experiment like that, but it's a useful bit of knowledge nonetheless, especially if I am to interact more with Changing Folk."

"That do sound bad, I do not want anyone to get sick."
Strawberry said and sigh.
"But the kitchen have all the yummy food."
She said and Michael commented.
"I am sure we can get you some food anywhere else Miss, as for your problem with peas, if you are ehm...half rat, most rodents can not properly digest peas and other fruits and vegtabels of the same family, it can be dangerous for them to eat to much of it."
The doctor said as he examined your arm.
He smiled warmly, "Plus, I don't think you'll be banned from visiting the kitchen, so long as you stay in human form - it's staying there in rat form that's potentially problematic."

"Well that or you will be shot another time and Miss Adlebloom will be more upset over that."
Michael said and a wry smile.
"But try to avoid it...ok then cleaning this up and trying to heal it then, the cleaning will sting a bit but not enough that I think any anestetic will be needed but let me know if you would want it anyway."
He said as he poured some liquid on some swabs and started to gently was your wound, it stung but not to badly. Once he had the wound clean he started to use the same quick hand gestures he had used for healing Rodger and you felt the wound knitting itself back together, that stung worse then the cleaning had but was still not to bad, once he was done there where fresh skin and the arm worked normally but the skin was angry and red, it looked like it had been healing for weeks rather than it becing completely healed and it was a little sore still but it seamed to be mostly ok.
"There we go...I have a salve for both of you, Master Nasse makes it, the stuff do wonders of freshly healed skin, just put a bit on if it itches and before bed."
The doctor said and he pulled two white plastic pots that smelled of herbs out of his bag and gave one to you and one to Rodger.
"If there is any problems come and see me again but other than some soreness and itching I think it should be fine."
He said and smiled.
He sighed, "I think I've been shot enough for a few months, thank you very much... Of course, just saying that won't protect me, but I think we should have a few reasonably peaceful months merely sorting out the aftermath of today."
He grinned wryly, "I'm not worried about it stinging - I've dealt with worse. Much, much worse. This weekend, even."
As the skin knitted together, he grimaced, "Alright, that is only slightly less uncomfortable than regrowing most of the skin on my left arm and leg after getting some nasty burns in the Chicago Labyrinth..."
He pocketed the little pot, pulled on his shirt and jacket again, and glanced from Michael to Strawberry, "Actually, doctor, I don't suppose you could bring Strawberry up to keep an eye on my daughter? I'd feel a little better with a designated lookout, in case of trouble. I don't really expect any more trouble tonight, but it's been one of those days... If that's alright with you, Strawberry?"
He nodded to Rodger, "And as for you, Mr. Tasselwell, I've got to see a judge about a soul, and assuming everything turns out fine, we've got that bottle waiting. Will you be fine waiting here?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28 - Page 31 Empty Re: More Clean Up, New Apprentices and Helping an Union Man IC Thread 28

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:28 pm

[Colin] (Steelhaven 7 15 in the evening.)

Colin shrugged, "I don't know why some people get allergies. Some are allergic to fur, some are allergic to plants, some are allergic to metals... Frankly, if I thought it would help, I might blame the Technocracy. Not entirely sure if they deserve the blame, but it seems as likely as anything else..."

"Are allot of pepole allergic? And who are the Technocrazy do they make pepole sick?"
Strawberry asked confused and scratched her head.

He arched an eyebrow, "So if I handed you my ring right now, it would hurt you, but if I handed it to you in your rat form, it would not? That's... interesting. Not, of course, that I would want to experiment like that, but it's a useful bit of knowledge nonetheless, especially if I am to interact more with Changing Folk."

"Yes if you haded me your ring right now it would hurt me and bun my skin and make me weak but if I sat in your hand as a rat it would not, then it would just be a metal ring."
Strawberry agreed and nodded.
"I do not know if it is the same for other shapechangers though, some of them even have other metal weaknesses I hear but werspiders have none, Alessa brags about that."

He smiled warmly, "Plus, I don't think you'll be banned from visiting the kitchen, so long as you stay in human form - it's staying there in rat form that's potentially problematic."

"But both forms are me."
Strawberry protested seaming confused again.

He sighed, "I think I've been shot enough for a few months, thank you very much... Of course, just saying that won't protect me, but I think we should have a few reasonably peaceful months merely sorting out the aftermath of today."

"I will drink to that."
Rodger said and he pulled out his flask and took a large sip then offered you the bottle. Michael nodded.
"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright."
He said as he worked.

He grinned wryly, "I'm not worried about it stinging - I've dealt with worse. Much, much worse. This weekend, even."

Dr Wong nodded.
"Well then we go without an anestetic for now but do let me know if you want one I jus try to avoid giving anyone drugs that are not needed."

As the skin knitted together, he grimaced, "Alright, that is only slightly less uncomfortable than regrowing most of the skin on my left arm and leg after getting some nasty burns in the Chicago Labyrinth..."

"I am sorry for any discomfort Mr Wainwright are you okey?"
Michael said as he took his gloves off.

He pocketed the little pot, pulled on his shirt and jacket again, and glanced from Michael to Strawberry, "Actually, doctor, I don't suppose you could bring Strawberry up to keep an eye on my daughter? I'd feel a little better with a designated lookout, in case of trouble. I don't really expect any more trouble tonight, but it's been one of those days... If that's alright with you, Strawberry?"

"Hum...well since there already have been trouble in the Chantry having someone up there who is good at seeing spirits would be a good idea, I can bring her."
Michael said and Strawberry nodded.
"I can keep an lookout."
She agreed and smiled happily.

He nodded to Rodger, "And as for you, Mr. Tasselwell, I've got to see a judge about a soul, and assuming everything turns out fine, we've got that bottle waiting. Will you be fine waiting here?"

"Off course my good man I will be quite fine thank you. I will finish my meal and then just relax until you return, the best of luck to you."
Rodger said and smiled.
"Hopefully all will go well and then we will get good and drunk."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:01 pm

"Are allot of pepole allergic? And who are the Technocrazy do they make pepole sick?"
Strawberry asked confused and scratched her head.
He nodded, "Probably a lot more people than realize it - some allergies simply never show up due to not encountering the particular problem. For example, someone raised in the middle of the big city might be allergic to goats and never know throughout their entire life, due to never coming within ten miles of a goat... As for the Technocracy, well, theyr'e an enemy. They started out, centuries ago, wanting to protect humanity from supernatural dangers. That changed, though, and they're actively seeking to eradicate everything supernatural, and to control the world as an unflinchingly logical, spiritually dead reality. Machine men with machine minds..."

"Yes if you haded me your ring right now it would hurt me and bun my skin and make me weak but if I sat in your hand as a rat it would not, then it would just be a metal ring."
Strawberry agreed and nodded.
"I do not know if it is the same for other shapechangers though, some of them even have other metal weaknesses I hear but werspiders have none, Alessa brags about that."
He pondered, "Hum, werespiders might have other interesting weaknesses instead, though. I understand spiders get drunk on coffee; perhaps that peculiarity applies to werespiders, too."

"But both forms are me."
Strawberry protested seaming confused again.
He nodded, "Both forms are you, but only one of them has rat fur to shed. Sort of like how I am a craftsman and a warrior; if i'm going to sell my wares, I am likely to get a lot more sales by showing off my skills in shaping silver than my marksmanship. Or how I am more likely to survive a battle by shooting my adversaries than by aggressively making silver spoons at them. You human form is more advantageous for getting food in a human kitchen than your rat form."

"I will drink to that."
Rodger said and he pulled out his flask and took a large sip then offered you the bottle. Michael nodded.
"I hope you are right Mr Wainwright."
He said as he worked.
He held up a hand in polite refusal, "I'm about to see the most rigid judge I've ever met; it would not be particularly good judgement to do so with fortified spirits on my breath."

Dr Wong nodded.
"Well then we go without an anestetic for now but do let me know if you want one I jus try to avoid giving anyone drugs that are not needed."
He nodded, "No, I agree with you, humans have an odd habit of building immunity; I'd rather deal with a little discomfort now, and then reasonably trust anesthetics to work when I'm really injured later."

"I am sorry for any discomfort Mr Wainwright are you okey?"
Michael said as he took his gloves off.
He nodded, "As far as the nick on my arm is concerned, yes. It just felt briefly like I had a small infestation of beach crabs crawling around in the sore."
He flexed his arm a bit, "But it's passed now. Very good work, Primium injury notwithstanding."

"Hum...well since there already have been trouble in the Chantry having someone up there who is good at seeing spirits would be a good idea, I can bring her."
Michael said and Strawberry nodded.
"I can keep an lookout."
She agreed and smiled happily.
He nodded, "My daughter, Anna, is the one wearing a silver collar. Tell her daddy sent you."

"Off course my good man I will be quite fine thank you. I will finish my meal and then just relax until you return, the best of luck to you."
Rodger said and smiled.
"Hopefully all will go well and then we will get good and drunk."
He nodded, "Well, then, I'll be back in a little while."
He got up, picked up his bags, and went to find Udella to lead her up to Morgan's office.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:51 pm

[Colin] (Steelhaven 7 15 in the evening.)

He nodded, "Probably a lot more people than realize it - some allergies simply never show up due to not encountering the particular problem. For example, someone raised in the middle of the big city might be allergic to goats and never know throughout their entire life, due to never coming within ten miles of a goat... As for the Technocracy, well, theyr'e an enemy. They started out, centuries ago, wanting to protect humanity from supernatural dangers. That changed, though, and they're actively seeking to eradicate everything supernatural, and to control the world as an unflinchingly logical, spiritually dead reality. Machine men with machine minds..."

"Hum...I do not think I can get any allergies, other than the one against silver for we are pretty much immune to illnesses though I guess we can get infections or breathe in bad stuff and such but even with posion we do pretty well most of the time, but peas do give me an bellyache."
Strawberry said then she frowned.
"That Technocrazy bullshit sounds like they are assholes they deserve a kick in the ass!"
The little werrat declared.

He pondered, "Hum, werespiders might have other interesting weaknesses instead, though. I understand spiders get drunk on coffee; perhaps that peculiarity applies to werespiders, too."

"I have seen Alessa drink coffee, the expensive fancy type that rich pepole drink, I mean she have allot of money, but I have not seen ehr spider from eat though, I think she have to drink blood though so that is something."
Strawberry said and scratched her head again.

He nodded, "Both forms are you, but only one of them has rat fur to shed. Sort of like how I am a craftsman and a warrior; if i'm going to sell my wares, I am likely to get a lot more sales by showing off my skills in shaping silver than my marksmanship. Or how I am more likely to survive a battle by shooting my adversaries than by aggressively making silver spoons at them. You human form is more advantageous for getting food in a human kitchen than your rat form."

"Ohh that makes it allot clearer, I think I understand now."
The little white haired woman said and smiled.
"I will try to remember that then and come to the kitchen in my human form, what is marksmanship whould do that mean you are good at shooting things?"
She asked.

He held up a hand in polite refusal, "I'm about to see the most rigid judge I've ever met; it would not be particularly good judgement to do so with fortified spirits on my breath."

"True enough, that might not be a good idea."
Rodger agreed and he took another sip of his bottle then offered it to Michael.
"No thank you Sir I am still working and unless we are hit with another disaster I am going to work in the evening watching over the sleeping patients on my ward, I can not be drunk while tending to their well being."
The Akashic said politely.

He nodded, "No, I agree with you, humans have an odd habit of building immunity; I'd rather deal with a little discomfort now, and then reasonably trust anesthetics to work when I'm really injured later."

"That and no drug is without side effects, it is better to reserve use of them for when they are truly needed, with Mr Tasselwell I had to clean deeply into the wound itself and then stitch it up meaning a local anestetic was needed but with you I do not think treatment should be to painful."
Dr Wong said and nodded.

He nodded, "As far as the nick on my arm is concerned, yes. It just felt briefly like I had a small infestation of beach crabs crawling around in the sore."
He flexed his arm a bit, "But it's passed now. Very good work, Primium injury notwithstanding."

"I am happy you are pleased with my work and that it was not to bad. Now remember apply that cream before bed and as needed if you feel itching or soreness in the freshly healed skin, I do not know what Master Nassa have put in those creams but they really do wonders."
Michael adviced.

He nodded, "My daughter, Anna, is the one wearing a silver collar. Tell her daddy sent you."

"I will do so, human beings are inefficient and only have one child at the time so they have to take extra good care of them."
Strawberry promised as Michael inclined his head to you, packed up his kit and begun leading the werrat up the stairs, Strawberry waved to you as she left.

He nodded, "Well, then, I'll be back in a little while."

Rodger nodded to that and gave you a bow of his head before he continued to dig into his food with great apetite.

He got up, picked up his bags, and went to find Udella to lead her up to Morgan's office.

You found Udella talking with Andrew near the staircase so Master Morgan's ofice where just a few meters away. Andrew gave you a bow when he saw you.
"Good evening Mr Wainwright."
He said and Udella gave you a smile.
"Mr Wainwright, all is ready then?"
She asked.
"How is your arm? And Mr Tasselwell's leg?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Anja's Post:

'Yes?' Nicole replied, standing up and noticing her trousers had drifted south a little. 'What is it?' looking at the woman as she began to put on the shoulder-holster.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:12 pm

"Hum...I do not think I can get any allergies, other than the one against silver for we are pretty much immune to illnesses though I guess we can get infections or breathe in bad stuff and such but even with posion we do pretty well most of the time, but peas do give me an bellyache."
Strawberry said then she frowned.
"That Technocrazy bullshit sounds like they are assholes they deserve a kick in the ass!"
The little werrat declared.
He shrugged, "I've heard allergies are the immune system going into overdrive, though - so whether your immunity can turn in on yourselves... I can't even begin to guess. And that pretty much sums up the Technocracy; we're working on it."

"I have seen Alessa drink coffee, the expensive fancy type that rich pepole drink, I mean she have allot of money, but I have not seen ehr spider from eat though, I think she have to drink blood though so that is something."
Strawberry said and scratched her head again.
He pondered briefly, "Well, one can drink fancy coffee without being rich, it's mostly a question of priorities... Personally, I prefer tea, but that's hardly relevant."

"Ohh that makes it allot clearer, I think I understand now."
The little white haired woman said and smiled.
"I will try to remember that then and come to the kitchen in my human form, what is marksmanship whould do that mean you are good at shooting things?"
She asked.
He nodded, "Precisely. Marksmanship is precision with a ranged weapon of any sort. Mostly used with firearms today, but i occasionally see a few highly skilled archers."

"That and no drug is without side effects, it is better to reserve use of them for when they are truly needed, with Mr Tasselwell I had to clean deeply into the wound itself and then stitch it up meaning a local anestetic was needed but with you I do not think treatment should be to painful."
Dr Wong said and nodded.
He nodded, "I've had half my face flopping around on my shoulder, and the skin on my left arm and leg badly burnt, and I've been shot on a few occasions. I am less of a stranger to physical pain that I might like to be..."

"I am happy you are pleased with my work and that it was not to bad. Now remember apply that cream before bed and as needed if you feel itching or soreness in the freshly healed skin, I do not know what Master Nassa have put in those creams but they really do wonders."
Michael adviced.
He nodded, "Probably something with an aloe base, if I'm to guess blindly. Most certainly something herbal."

"I will do so, human beings are inefficient and only have one child at the time so they have to take extra good care of them."
Strawberry promised as Michael inclined his head to you, packed up his kit and begun leading the werrat up the stairs, Strawberry waved to you as she left.
He smiled and waved back, "Most only have one at a time, but sometimes, people have two or three at once. Very rarely more than that."

You found Udella talking with Andrew near the staircase so Master Morgan's ofice where just a few meters away. Andrew gave you a bow when he saw you.
"Good evening Mr Wainwright."
He said and Udella gave you a smile.
"Mr Wainwright, all is ready then?"
She asked.
"How is your arm? And Mr Tasselwell's leg?"
He smiled to Andrew, "Good evening, Andrew. Keeping the household safe, I trust?"
He nodded to Udella, "As ready as I can get - Dr. Wong does efficient work. Both Mr. Tasselwell and I are healed over, with fresh skin in place. He even gave us a salve from our resident senior Verbena. I expect it will come in handy."
He gestured toward Morgan's office door, "Shall we, then? It's just over here - I'll send Master Telar a quick message."
He sent Cita a quick text, 'Going to the meeting now. Please join us at your convenience.'
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:27 pm

"Thank you."
Richard said he pulled his clean shirt on and winced from his freshly healed skin before he took the glass and took a sip of it.
"I appriciate it A...ehm...is the no name thing still going on?"

"Yes, it's probably wise until we know for sure what's going on. I know it's probably silly to you, but imagine...mmm, what would be similar? Imagine that it was part of your medical records, you'd want to keep it safe right? Well, for Hermetics we have ways to keep our names safer but most other mages seem not to care much for this for it doesn't make any sense to them and they think Hermetics are being dramatic. But you wouldn't think the same if it was an important part of your medical files, or other medical knowledge..."

"I have a notebook with me if you wish to write your dream down mea filius." Jeffry said and he offered you his leather bound notebook and a pen

He nodded and began to write down what he remembered, but he was careful of putting names of things. He left himself something to jog his memory.

"The Bubble is ending now we have about five minutes before we have fully rejoined the regular time stream."
Jeffry said.
"So you doing a quick meditation will not change much but you might want to do your regular morning meditation as well, either here or in your chamber, I will re cast my parma as soon as I have the change of privacy."

"Alright, so...hm, we should attend to the problem we just left with that spirit, then I assume. Shall I meet you in my cabalmate's room after I've done the morning exercise? Then I should check in on what the decision was for the hedge wizard so we know how to proceed..."

Jeffry said and he took a few more bites of his food before he took your tablet then he wrote on it and handed it back.
"Yes it was, that Covenant still stand by the way now it is called a Chantry, the sige never acomplished much though for if I do not remember it wrong one of our House sacrificed himself to stop it, burning every member of the Order of Reason and their soldiers marching on the Covenant to ash. My own Mentor used to tell me the story, he said the man sacrificing himself was the Mentor of his Mentor's mentor and that he himself was just a boy when the attack was prevented, why do you ask?"

He took the tablet and read, then started to laugh. He didn't know why, but as it all clicked, the last piece in a chain that was missing, he erupted into a fit of gut-wrenching laughter even though none of it was funny. It didn't seem appropriate and he couldn't stop it. Eventually, he put a hand to his watering eyes and looked at his mentor, trying to calm the hell down. "Sorry...about that. I just had an epiphany of sorts..." he managed to say, then took the stylus again. 'Remember what I said when I woke up? I'm glad the place didn't burn down with me. Where is it? And what was your mentor's name again, I only remember his apprentice-name, he was still young when it happened. He was a good apprentice, I'm glad he got out. Why do I ask? That was Erjne, friend of Carmon, who was alive during the Diedne war and chased down one of their greatest witches...and captured another and crushed their hands so badly they remember it in other lives. Who could ride horseback with no saddle, who was the son of a Nubian merchant. Who had his last stand in his tower burning his enemies to the ground. Whose memories I now have, and some of those people are now...here again with us.' He handed the tablet over and said, "Is there coffee? I could use some..."

// lol - at least it's magickal lineage and not a Philip J Fry type of event.
ooc2: lol-ing at Serge calling Anna's name 'metal' xD

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:50 pm

"Some Nephandi have a we are so bad bad bad attitude when it comes to names."
Anna said and sigh.
"You where with the Nephandi?"
Jane asked and Anna nodded.
"Yeah I was kidnapped by them as a kid and trained but I am not with them anymore, I am the apprentice of a Traditionalist now, my Mentor took me as his apprentice after he shot me."
She said and the other girls looked rather shocked but Yu Die said.
"You got shot that must have been horrible, are you ok?"
She asked and Anna nodded.
"Yeah, sort of I am alive at least."
She said and smiled to Yu Die.

"Your alive and your among friends." Serge said with a smile, glad that Yu Die was able to speak to Anna. He desperately wanted to know why on Earth Mr. Wainwright would shoot a little girl but decided inquiring further into Anna's dark past would not be wise.

"So, is their anything you want to do? I can't imagine being kidnapped by the Nephandi had many opportunities for entertainment. I can show you how to draw Mr. Wainwright if you want. Or we could keep talking about the funniest ways to take down a Technocracy bad guy. We were just discussing candy-ing their clothing."

"At least it is easier on your ears than how my name with the Nephandi are supposed to be pronounced."
Anna said then she shook her head.
"Not allot yet, and I have been in magick supressing cuffs most of the time since I was captured, and that sort of sucked so he have not taught me much yet but he will."
She said and nodded.

"What sort's of magick do you wanna learn from him? Anything your set on? I kinda wanna know how Mr. Wainwright makes those lucky charms of his." Serge said with a curious look on his face. "Apparently Jane got one of those and she found money on the ground. I wanna find loose bits of cash laying on the ground!"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:51 am

[Colin] (Steelhaven 7 30 in the evening.)

He shrugged, "I've heard allergies are the immune system going into overdrive, though - so whether your immunity can turn in on yourselves... I can't even begin to guess. And that pretty much sums up the Technocracy; we're working on it."

"I am not really sure what the immune system is, but it sounds bad I wound not want to get this illness."
Strawberry said and shook her head.
"Good they deserve a good kick."

He pondered briefly, "Well, one can drink fancy coffee without being rich, it's mostly a question of priorities... Personally, I prefer tea, but that's hardly relevant."

"Yeah but Alessa is really, really rich though, she have a fancy car and silk clothing and such."
The werrat said and smiled.

He nodded, "Precisely. Marksmanship is precision with a ranged weapon of any sort. Mostly used with firearms today, but i occasionally see a few highly skilled archers."

"Ohh that must be fun, I have never shot with anything."
Strawberry said and grinned.

He nodded, "I've had half my face flopping around on my shoulder, and the skin on my left arm and leg badly burnt, and I've been shot on a few occasions. I am less of a stranger to physical pain that I might like to be..."

"Well that sounds quite bad Mr Wainwright."
Dr Wong said and he raised and eyebrow.
"I would not want that happening to me even if I would heal, well perhaps not from the burning part."
Strawberry said and grimaced.

He nodded, "Probably something with an aloe base, if I'm to guess blindly. Most certainly something herbal."

"All I know is that there is herbs in it and it helps with the itching one get when one heal skin but do not try to age it to match the rest of the skin but let this happen naturally over some days."
Michael commented.

He smiled and waved back, "Most only have one at a time, but sometimes, people have two or three at once. Very rarely more than that."

"That is still rather insuficient breeding."
Strawberry said.
"Coawa said it is important to breed allot, I have not found a good male yet though, I would like a rat but most of them smell to much human on me."

He smiled to Andrew, "Good evening, Andrew. Keeping the household safe, I trust?"

"Running errands Sir, and I should get back to that, unless you needed me for anything."
The young scribe said politely.

He nodded to Udella, "As ready as I can get - Dr. Wong does efficient work. Both Mr. Tasselwell and I are healed over, with fresh skin in place. He even gave us a salve from our resident senior Verbena. I expect it will come in handy."

Udella nodded at that.
"Sounds good I am glad you are bot allright."

He gestured toward Morgan's office door, "Shall we, then? It's just over here - I'll send Master Telar a quick message."
He sent Cita a quick text, 'Going to the meeting now. Please join us at your convenience.'

You got a reply back from Cita.
"I will be right there, the Security office right?"
Udella nodded.
"Yes let us do so Mr Wainwright."

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the afternoon.)

"Yes, it's probably wise until we know for sure what's going on. I know it's probably silly to you, but imagine...mmm, what would be similar? Imagine that it was part of your medical records, you'd want to keep it safe right? Well, for Hermetics we have ways to keep our names safer but most other mages seem not to care much for this for it doesn't make any sense to them and they think Hermetics are being dramatic. But you wouldn't think the same if it was an important part of your medical files, or other medical knowledge..."

"True to me it do not make much sense my friend, but it do not have to make sense for me for me to respect your wishes."
Richard said and nodded.
"And thank you for the explination."

"Alright, so...hm, we should attend to the problem we just left with that spirit, then I assume. Shall I meet you in my cabalmate's room after I've done the morning exercise? Then I should check in on what the decision was for the hedge wizard so we know how to proceed..."

"I would like you to check with the hedge wizard and also check with the alchemist what he might have found, but I will need to attend to a meeting between your Orphan Cabalmate and our visiting judge before I call the invading spirit."
Jeffry said and there was no point in saying which of your two Orphan Cabalmates this was about.
"I will meet you as soon as the meeting is done."

He took the tablet and read, then started to laugh. He didn't know why, but as it all clicked, the last piece in a chain that was missing, he erupted into a fit of gut-wrenching laughter even though none of it was funny. It didn't seem appropriate and he couldn't stop it. Eventually, he put a hand to his watering eyes and looked at his mentor, trying to calm the hell down. "Sorry...about that. I just had an epiphany of sorts..." he managed to say,

Your Mentor and the others in the time bubble gave you rather odd looks clearly fearing you had finally entered a quiet.
"A epiphany mea filius?"
Jeffry asked and he raised an eyebrow.

then took the stylus again. 'Remember what I said when I woke up? I'm glad the place didn't burn down with me. Where is it? And what was your mentor's name again, I only remember his apprentice-name, he was still young when it happened. He was a good apprentice, I'm glad he got out. Why do I ask? That was Erjne, friend of Carmon, who was alive during the Diedne war and chased down one of their greatest witches...and captured another and crushed their hands so badly they remember it in other lives. Who could ride horseback with no saddle, who was the son of a Nubian merchant. Who had his last stand in his tower burning his enemies to the ground. Whose memories I now have, and some of those people are now...here again with us.' He handed the tablet over and said, "Is there coffee? I could use some..."

"There is always coffee, it is only the instant stuff not by favorite but it will do the job."
Jeffry said and he put thetablet aside for a moment and then he filled a bup with water, muttered a fewwords over it to make it boil and then he added a teaspoon of instant coffee powder and handed you the cup before picking up the tablet and reading, he looked suprised and looked up from the tablet to study you for a moment before he took the stylus and wrote.
"My Mentor's name was Talis from a time when Hermetic names usually where only one name but he also used Gino Glassti among sleepers, he was a good and brave man who met his end defending Mis when it was attacked in 1993, buying time for it's Deacon Primus to take the apprentices to safety. The Covenant you mentioned are in Hungary. This makes a strange sort of sense so your former incarnation where the the pater of my pater's grand pater, interesting. We shall have to make a point of visiting this Covenant at some point then mea filius, you to see where Ernje lived and me to see where my own teacher where an apprentice."
Jeffry handed the tablet back you you and the stylus then he set about making some coffee for Master Nassa and Richard as well and for himself.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 7 15 in the evening.)

"Your alive and your among friends." Serge said with a smile, glad that Yu Die was able to speak to Anna. He desperately wanted to know why on Earth Mr. Wainwright would shoot a little girl but decided inquiring further into Anna's dark past would not be wise.

"I am glad to be alive Sir."
Anna said and smiled. Yu Die nodded.
"I am glad as well, it is nice to meet you."
She said and Anna smiled.
"It is nice to meet you as well."
She replied.

"So, is their anything you want to do? I can't imagine being kidnapped by the Nephandi had many opportunities for entertainment. I can show you how to draw Mr. Wainwright if you want. Or we could keep talking about the funniest ways to take down a Technocracy bad guy. We were just discussing candy-ing their clothing."

"I was not ill treated I was apprenticed by the Labyrinth's second in command, he treated me well but no he wanted me to use all my time studying so I only got a change to do entertaining stuff when I did so behind his back."
Anna said and smiled.
"Well I would love to learn how to draw, but perhaps my Mentor would not be the best one to start with since if I draw his scars in a odd way perhaps he will become sad."
She said then she grinned.
"Turning Technocrat clothes to candy, well since most seam to have a problem with forced nudity that might make them akward enough to run away and with no toys a technomancer can't use magick so it is a good and well tasting plan."
She agreed and nodded.
"It would involve getting to see allot of Technocratic butt though."

"What sort's of magick do you wanna learn from him? Anything your set on? I kinda wanna know how Mr. Wainwright makes those lucky charms of his." Serge said with a curious look on his face. "Apparently Jane got one of those and she found money on the ground. I wanna find loose bits of cash laying on the ground!"

"I did find coins on the ground it was neat Sir."
Jane confirmed. Anna nodded.
"That do sound like a fun spell. I really want to learn as much magick as I can, we have some things planned but I do not know if I am allowed to talk about it, but learning how to affect luck would be really fun."
Anna said and smiled as she sipped her soda.

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 7 15)

Yes?' Nicole replied, standing up and noticing her trousers had drifted south a little. 'What is it?' looking at the woman as she began to put on the shoulder-holster.

Behind you at the door stood a tall woman, she was wearing an expensive looking bussiness suit, her hair was slightly curly and in a pretty shade of dark brown and it was kept neadly out of the way in a French twist. And expensive looking watch was at the woman's thin wrist and a gold necklace at her throat and matching earrings, a rose pin in gold decorated her suit, she was not exactly beautiful her nose was a little to big but she was pretty and looked elegant.
"I came to thank you in person, I was told you killed my sister Agatha, I have sent you a gift, a car to thank you but I wanted to express my gratitude in person as well."
The Italian woman said as she regarded you for a moment.
"I hope Agatha died with as little suffering as possible, but I know that is unlikely we can be hard to kill, at least she is no longer out there serving the Wyrm...ehm...corrupted Entropy I do think your kind call it Miss Bouchard."

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply when I got home late last night I was so tired I went right to bed. I am home safe at least and the train ride went very well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:54 am

[Steelhaven Hall, 7:30 PM]
"Ohh that must be fun, I have never shot with anything."
Strawberry said and grinned.
Colin hesitated for a moment, "Fun is perhaps not the word I would use to describe it; people tend to die when shot, after all, and that's something to always be wary of, even when practicing against paper targets. Still, it is good exercise for coordination and to some extent strength."

"Well that sounds quite bad Mr Wainwright."
Dr Wong said and he raised and eyebrow.
"I would not want that happening to me even if I would heal, well perhaps not from the burning part."
Strawberry said and grimaced.
He shrugged, "Well, the face part was a rude awakening, but that's a quarter century past. The burns this morning... I sort of had them coming, taunting the Labyrinth Keeper in Chicago the way I did."

"That is still rather insuficient breeding."
Strawberry said.
"Coawa said it is important to breed allot, I have not found a good male yet though, I would like a rat but most of them smell to much human on me."
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, I suppose the male perspective on the urgency of breeding would differ from the female perspective... As for a suitable mate, I'm afraid I can't help you there. Don't know too many rats, unless you count a couple of unscrupulous lawyers I've had the misfortune of crossing paths with."

"Running errands Sir, and I should get back to that, unless you needed me for anything."
The young scribe said politely.
He shook his head, "As you were, son - enjoy the relative peace while we have it."

You got a reply back from Cita.
"I will be right there, the Security office right?"
Udella nodded.
"Yes let us do so Mr Wainwright."
He typed back, 'Correct. Not sure if Morgan is there right now, but I believe Master T. is waiting for me.'
He led the way - all the few meters of it - and knocked on the door.

((OOC: Quite alright. Wasn't really expecting a late-night update after your long journey home. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:59 am

Anja's Post:

Nicole became noticeable more wary towards the woman after taking in her appearance, coupled with the deepening of suspicion on hearing she was the source of the gift and the reason why.

'Your... sister? Wyrm?' getting that feeling, once again that the other party was holding a conversation with details from a memo she'd not got yet.

[No worries, as ever. I'll be offline for much of today anyway...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:23 am

Colin hesitated for a moment, "Fun is perhaps not the word I would use to describe it; people tend to die when shot, after all, and that's something to always be wary of, even when practicing against paper targets. Still, it is good exercise for coordination and to some extent strength."

"I would not want to shoot at pepole unless they where attacking me."
Strawberry said and she frowned.
"Have you killed anyone?"

He shrugged, "Well, the face part was a rude awakening, but that's a quarter century past. The burns this morning... I sort of had them coming, taunting the Labyrinth Keeper in Chicago the way I did."

"Well taunting a powerful mage is usually not a good idea."
Michael said and frowned. Strawberry looked at you.
"Still thatcould not have been fun."

He arched an eyebrow, "Well, I suppose the male perspective on the urgency of breeding would differ from the female perspective... As for a suitable mate, I'm afraid I can't help you there. Don't know too many rats, unless you count a couple of unscrupulous lawyers I've had the misfortune of crossing paths with."

"Are there rat lawyers are they like me?"
Strawberry said then she sigh.
"If I had not had my first change I would have been at the very end of my life span by now but I have not produced a single litter of cubs."

He shook his head, "As you were, son - enjoy the relative peace while we have it."

"Thank you Sir."
Andrew said and he bowed to you and Udella before he hurried down the hallway.
"Such a polite young man."
The Quesitor said and smiled.

He typed back, 'Correct. Not sure if Morgan is there right now, but I believe Master T. is waiting for me.'
He led the way - all the few meters of it - and knocked on the door.

You got a reply back.
"Understood I ham heading down now."
You knocked on the door and Master Tolle opened the door, he looked exactly like last time you saw him, a tall, very skinny black man, he was bald and looked to be in his 70's. He had dark brown, stern eyes and where wearing long, gray robes, a pin with the scales showing that he was a Quesitor holding his robes together.
"Mr Wainwright, Mater Adimari, come in Master Morgan have graciously alloved me to use his office for these procedings."
He said and opened the door further and went back to sit down in the office chair.

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 7 in the evening.)

Nicole became noticeable more wary towards the woman after taking in her appearance, coupled with the deepening of suspicion on hearing she was the source of the gift and the reason why.

'Your... sister? Wyrm?' getting that feeling, once again that the other party was holding a conversation with details from a memo she'd not got yet.

"Then allow me to explain Miss, I am a werspider, I know you an yoru party where attatcked by one during your fight in the Labyrinth, that was my sister Agatha, she was with the Wyrm, apparently working with the Nephandi and I have been hunting her for a long time I how you my gratitude for finishing her off for me."
Alessa explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:49 am

A puzzled frown, as she recollected the various things they'd seen in the labyrinth. Then the shapeshifter would see the light of realisation switch on. 'And you lot can be lots of little spiders, no?'

'Getting a car as a gift ain't exactly the standard option for a woman, it isn't. Who told you that I was the sort who would like that?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:56 am

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 7 in the evening.)

A puzzled frown, as she recollected the various things they'd seen in the labyrinth. Then the shapeshifter would see the light of realisation switch on. 'And you lot can be lots of little spiders, no?'

"Yes that we can be, our spider from is thosands of little spiders."
Alessa confirmed and nodded.

'Getting a car as a gift ain't exactly the standard option for a woman, it isn't. Who told you that I was the sort who would like that?'

"I asked around this place once I learned you where the one who had killed Agatha and while many here do not know anything about you, those who did said you where a mechanic so I assumed you would like a car, if you do not like it feel free to trade it in for something else, it is meerly a token of my appriciation."
The werspider explained.
"I hope the gift did not alarm you Miss Bouchard."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:21 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, 7:30 PM]
"I would not want to shoot at pepole unless they where attacking me."
Strawberry said and she frowned.
"Have you killed anyone?"
Colin stared off into the distance for a few moments, "Yes... yes, I have. Far too many. Not... not all of them combatants, either... Some times, you get bad information in war, and the wrong people get killed..."

"Well taunting a powerful mage is usually not a good idea."
Michael said and frowned. Strawberry looked at you.
"Still thatcould not have been fun."
He grimaced, "Yes, well, goading her out into the open was still preferable to having her take potshots at us through the eyes and ears of the Labyrinth itself. I happened to know her weak point... but I did not enjoy it."

"Are there rat lawyers are they like me?"
Strawberry said then she sigh.
"If I had not had my first change I would have been at the very end of my life span by now but I have not produced a single litter of cubs."
He shook his head, "No, they are very much human vermin... nowhere as nice as you."

"Thank you Sir."
Andrew said and he bowed to you and Udella before he hurried down the hallway.
"Such a polite young man."
The Quesitor said and smiled.
He nodded, "I think all the young apprentices at Steelhaven Hall are quite fine, polite young kids."

You got a reply back.
"Understood I ham heading down now."
You knocked on the door and Master Tolle opened the door, he looked exactly like last time you saw him, a tall, very skinny black man, he was bald and looked to be in his 70's. He had dark brown, stern eyes and where wearing long, gray robes, a pin with the scales showing that he was a Quesitor holding his robes together.
"Mr Wainwright, Mater Adimari, come in Master Morgan have graciously alloved me to use his office for these procedings."
He said and opened the door further and went back to sit down in the office chair.
He bowed politely and let Udella in first, closing the door behind him before helping her into a chair and then sitting down himself, "Well met, Master Tolle. Before we begin, I should let you know that I've requested Master Telar's presence, to conduct any necessary examinations. I'm afraid my Avatar is quite... particular about Soulrenders touching her - you may have heard about her response to Madame D'angelo's attempt today?"
He cleared his throat, "But before that, I should like to know how much you've already been told, so I can start filling in the gaps more efficiently?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:02 pm

Colin stared off into the distance for a few moments, "Yes... yes, I have. Far too many. Not... not all of them combatants, either... Some times, you get bad information in war, and the wrong people get killed..."

"That must have been really hard on you. I would not like to have killed anyone, killing is bad."
Strawberry said as she glanced at you.

He grimaced, "Yes, well, goading her out into the open was still preferable to having her take potshots at us through the eyes and ears of the Labyrinth itself. I happened to know her weak point... but I did not enjoy it."

Michael looked at you and nodded.
"I am sure it was a dificult situation Mr Wairnwright where you where left without any other choice."
He said as he worked on your arm.

He shook his head, "No, they are very much human vermin... nowhere as nice as you."

"They would probably not be good parents for my offspring then."
Strawberry said and sigh.

He nodded, "I think all the young apprentices at Steelhaven Hall are quite fine, polite young kids."

"So they seam to be Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and smiled.
"Credits to their teachers."

He bowed politely and let Udella in first, closing the door behind him before helping her into a chair and then sitting down himself, "Well met, Master Tolle. Before we begin, I should let you know that I've requested Master Telar's presence, to conduct any necessary examinations. I'm afraid my Avatar is quite... particular about Soulrenders touching her - you may have heard about her response to Madame D'angelo's attempt today?"

Udella gave you a thankful smile as you helped her into a chair. Master Tolle nodded.
"Master Telar is quite recognized for her skill, however I am afraid I will not be able to read her result our Paradigms are to far apart."
He said then he nodded.
"I did hear about it as Master D'Angelo are accusing you of assult over the incident, and in that regard..."
He flipped through some papers in a folder he had with him.
"I will need your statements on whatever or not you gave Master D'Angelo premission to try to examine your Avatar or if you where in such a state that you would need immediate help involving examining your Avatar?"
He asked, clearly not caring one way or the other but he wanted to get to the bottom of things.

He cleared his throat, "But before that, I should like to know how much you've already been told, so I can start filling in the gaps more efficiently?"

"Off course Mr Wainwright I was told that as a joint force from the Boston Tribunal was about to defeant the Caul of the Labyrinth that have been causing so much trouble around here something came out of it and started attacking the gathered magi, this lead to five deaths. You then where teleported in by the Labyrinth's Handler who you had befriended, rushed past your allies and entere the Caul, at which point it died violently leaving behind the body of the infant it had been created from and you where on the floor in pain, claiming you had not been corrupted by the incident. When Master D'Angelo tried to examine your Avatar it lashed out at her, later she tried to arrest you but you refused and then fled with the help of the Handler. Master Morgan later contacted me and requested I be the arbitor for this matter...and I take is since you have brought my Sodalis with you that she is then your advocate?"
Master Tolle said and Udella nodded.
"That would be correct Master Tolle Mr Wainwright have requested that I defend him."
Master Tolle nodded at that.
"Very well and do your client understand how such a meeting would be held and what it would entail?"
He asked and Udella said.
"I am not sure Sir but let me explain it to him."
She then turned to you and said.
"During this meeting Master Tolle will decide if something criminal have occured and if it have whatever or not it should be brought before a Tribunal, he may issue punishment if he decide a low crime have taken place or dismiss the case. You have the right to demand the case be taken before a Tribunal if you do not agree with his rulings, do you understand this Mr Wainwright?"
She asked formally.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:06 pm

(OOC: Well then we are again at 30 pages, well 31 since I have not had the time to do this before now, sorry about that. Anyway it is going to have to be a rather short summary since I am tired today but hopefully it will do, please let me know i I have missed something important.

Nicole and her group fround a custom gun and several other items including a work bench in the old auto shop and then drove Mr Shade now called James off, the problem was that someone found them and tailed them but after they got rid of a tracker in his arm they got him safely to a bus station, saw him off and returned to Steelhaven. Nicole went to get some food where she met Strawberry the werrat in the kitchen before she helped out wen Richard and Captain Welder where attacked and donated blood to save Richard, then she talked Fran into helping her getting the car from the auto shop back to Steelhaven and are now talking with Alessa who are thankful she killed her sister Agatha.

Serge helped out the patients in the make shift infirmary then he went to get some food for them where he met Nicole, once he returned to the infirmary he was told that his Mentor had been awake and asked him to befriend Anna Wainwright as she would be important one day, so now Serge is back with the young mage girls and Anna have arived. He also met and amused Strawberry with a vision of her former owner.

Colin concluded his bussiness in Chicago, he recruited Udella for Anna's defense, sharpened his complaint against nurse Bosh, spoke with Master Ir and his family and got Philippa's aid for his Rosebush. On the way home he had a future vision, a trial set in February where two mages who attacked his party had to face the consenquenses of his actions, he learned how to get out of the fight with as little injuries as possible and also learned that Captain Welder would be killed and that would lead to the Traditions coming into conflict with a new faction of mages who had just been formed. Colin call in his warning. Later his group is attacked but they manage to get out of it with minor injuries and the two attackers where captured and their reprogrammed HIT Marks where disabeled. The group returned to Steelhaven, got treatment for their injuries and some food. Colin met Strawberry, he sent Anna up to be with the other mage girls as he went to his meeting with Master Tolle, he also talked with Master Telar to get her help in scanning his Avatar.

Adley discuss what will happen with Cecilia and a temporary solution is found in making her Henrietta's apprentice, then he go and have some food, take his brother to see the boy's parents and set his brother up with a room. He handle allot of minor issues at the Chantry and he and Jeffry are close by when he hears screams from Richard's room and rush in to save the Akashic and Captain Welder, it turned out an air elemental had posessed Theodora. Serge was sent to talk with Master Steelhaven who then gave Jeffry a name for the spirit. Jeffry and Adley then ahve to rest they bring Richard with them and Master Nassa is also there and sleep in one ofRyan's time bubbles.

While in the time bubble Adlley have a dream, he dreams of Ernje as an old man sacrificing his life to cast a death spell that destroy the Order of Reason army that are marching on his Chantry. Adley also learn that the young boy, the apprentice of Ernje's apprentice's apprentice where Jeffry's teacher. Adley have just woken up and are discussing with Jeffry what to do now.

Tane have called one of his ancestor spirits to duscuss what to do about the Labyrinth ship and she have adviced him that pershaps trying to kill it might be a mistake as there might be things there he do not know.

Everyone gets 2 exp for this thread.

Here is the link to the next IC thread: https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com/t166-farewell-to-september-a-matter-about-a-car-and-legal-trouble-ic-thread-29#22931 )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31