Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Page 1 of 38 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next

Go down

Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:06 pm

(OOC: Colin is starting his legal meeting with Master Tolle, Serge is back with the mage kids and have just met Anna, Tane is still on Dalisse's ship, Adley have just woken up in a time bubble and Nicole is speaking with Alessa about some dead spiders. I hope you will enjoy this thread and happy gaming.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:51 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, 7:30 PM]
"That must have been really hard on you. I would not like to have killed anyone, killing is bad."
Strawberry said as she glanced at you.
Colin nodded, "There are... generally two situations where it is acceptable to take a life - in the defense of self or others, or to end or prevent further suffering. There is, in fact, a magical Tradition dedicated to sorting out the latter scenario, preferably to prevent the need for taking a life in the first place... theirs is a heavy burden."

Michael looked at you and nodded.
"I am sure it was a dificult situation Mr Wairnwright where you where left without any other choice."
He said as he worked on your arm.
He frowned, "Not entirely without any other choice, but without any good ones. I was... partial in the death of the Keeper's lover, and I expect that some day, that's going to come around to trouble me again."

"They would probably not be good parents for my offspring then."
Strawberry said and sigh.
He smiled wryly, "Probably not for anyone's offspring, their own included."

"So they seam to be Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and smiled.
"Credits to their teachers."
He nodded, "Oh, some of them are quite good kids to begin with, too - for example, Chief Morgan's youngest apprentice is quite a decent, noble kid, despite being a widderslainte. I have faith that boy can get far in life."

Udella gave you a thankful smile as you helped her into a chair. Master Tolle nodded.
"Master Telar is quite recognized for her skill, however I am afraid I will not be able to read her result our Paradigms are to far apart."
He said then he nodded.
"I did hear about it as Master D'Angelo are accusing you of assult over the incident, and in that regard..."
He flipped through some papers in a folder he had with him.
"I will need your statements on whatever or not you gave Master D'Angelo premission to try to examine your Avatar or if you where in such a state that you would need immediate help involving examining your Avatar?"
He asked, clearly not caring one way or the other but he wanted to get to the bottom of things.
He nodded, "Despite your inability to interpret her analyses, though, will you accept her sworn testimony on the exact condition of my Avatar as adequate proof for the purpose of this hearing?"
He frowned, "Master D'Angelo, I'm afraid, is inclined to use every means to get to me - if you don't mind me saying as much, I fear she's a touch vindictive and carries something of a grudge after I, hm, stalled the ritual on Thursday. I suspect she may hold me personally responsible for humiliating her and denying her her prize, which was Miss Alexander's Avatar. Mind you, I am extrapolating - however slightly - from the specific attitude she has shown in my presence, and cannot speak with certainty as to her underlying motivations... At the time she tried to prod at my Avatar, I was beginning to wake up from an unconscious state, and could not have given prior consent to her examination, nor is it likely that I would have owing to her expressed bias against me, but it would not have been more than a minute or so before I would have had the ability to. I was then, however, fully aware of my Avatar's condition, and had I been concerned for her condition, I might have asked Master Morgan to take a look, had there been time. However, I had prior obligations to bring people home to and from Chicago, and as such had to settle for promising him to surrender to your authority as immediately as possible on my return to Boston."

"Off course Mr Wainwright I was told that as a joint force from the Boston Tribunal was about to defeant the Caul of the Labyrinth that have been causing so much trouble around here something came out of it and started attacking the gathered magi, this lead to five deaths. You then where teleported in by the Labyrinth's Handler who you had befriended, rushed past your allies and entere the Caul, at which point it died violently leaving behind the body of the infant it had been created from and you where on the floor in pain, claiming you had not been corrupted by the incident. When Master D'Angelo tried to examine your Avatar it lashed out at her, later she tried to arrest you but you refused and then fled with the help of the Handler. Master Morgan later contacted me and requested I be the arbitor for this matter...and I take is since you have brought my Sodalis with you that she is then your advocate?"
Master Tolle said and Udella nodded.
"That would be correct Master Tolle Mr Wainwright have requested that I defend him."
Master Tolle nodded at that.
"Very well and do your client understand how such a meeting would be held and what it would entail?"
He asked and Udella said.
"I am not sure Sir but let me explain it to him."
She then turned to you and said.
"During this meeting Master Tolle will decide if something criminal have occured and if it have whatever or not it should be brought before a Tribunal, he may issue punishment if he decide a low crime have taken place or dismiss the case. You have the right to demand the case be taken before a Tribunal if you do not agree with his rulings, do you understand this Mr Wainwright?"
She asked formally.
He nodded, "This is, in essence, a pre-trial hearing, to determine whether an offense warranting a full Tribunal is needed, or whether the chain of events merely warrant a minor censure or simple dismissal, with or without a warning. I do not fear the Law, though there might be an unprecedented detail or two."
He took a deep breath, "Now, there is some background information you might find important here... The circumstances of my Awakening, some 25 years ago, were..."
he gestured to his face, "somewhat conflagratory, you might say. At the time, I passed out from the pain, and my Avatar seized control of my motor functions and what little magical talent I had to crash land my helicopter in a manner that left my copilot and passengers unscathed. That was the first time she took the reins to protect us."
He grimaced, "Yesterday, at the Mercere Chantry in Chicago, one of the senior Nephandi of the troublesome Labyrinth we destroyed this morning attempted to gilgul me, though I was only barely conscious and aware of the circumstances at that time, owing to some rather extreme mental and emotional stress and fatigue. My Avatar seized control of my body and magical abilities again, and managed to somehow reflect most of the Nephanda's spell back at her, causing no damage to us, and leading to my Cabalmate executing the defenseless Nephanda on the spot. At this time, I passed out for days from the pain as my Avatar... molted, revealing herself to be a rare occurrence indeed - a shard cluster. That was the second time she took over to defend us."
He pondered, "While in the Battlecruiser in Boston, I managed to negotiate with the Handler, who it turns out assumed that position prior to the Nephandi's Fall, and as such she has not Fallen, nor would the Nephandi dare to risk making that happen. She is quite the lovely lady, and..."
He pulled out Dalisse's Tass, "She gave me this as proof of her Avatar's condition. Highly Entropic, but not corrupt. During our negotiations, wherein we managed to provide subtle aid to our forces while hampering the Nephandi, as well as ruining Lisa Larson's link to the Aswadim she was trying to control, we were forced to conduct two separate rescue operations... well, three, really; first, a prisoner extraction from the Battlecruiser's cells, one Captain Welder, presently resting in the quarters of our own Dr. Lee, I believe, second, a freshly abducted young vampire whose blood contained an accidental link to the same Aswadim as Larson was trying to bind, and third, a young Cultist kidnapped by a pair of Fallen Technocrats in Chicago. The young vampire was successfully teleported to a safe haven in Chicago awaiting sunset, and the Cultist came with me back to Chicago by means of Master Morgan's shuttlecraft, at which time I also retrieved my apprentice from Chantry Morningstar, where she was waiting."
He cleared his throat, "Before departing, however, Lady Dalisse ex Diedne noticed something had emerged from the accursed Caul, and I knew that if anyone could end that threat quickly, it would be me - several Fallen I have questioned have expressed great fear of what would happen if I were to enter one, namely that my Avatar would tear it apart. That gamble was worth the risk. So, I had Lady Dalisse teleport me into the Caul chamber, where I slipped past Master Morgan and entered the... grossly oversized genitalia. Inside, there was... pain, unspeakably so... and something tried to pull at my Avatar, which then used the shard fragments she is composed of as something akin to a fragmentation explosive, tearing the Caul's spiritual nature to shreds before it could touch her. That's the third time she acted independently to defend us. As I was coming to, I heard Master D'Angelo scream in pain and surprise; I count that as the fourth time my Avatar defended us without my conscious participation. After that, I assured Master Morgan that neither I nor my Avatar are Fallen... though I will acknowledge that even I did not escape entirely unaffected; I seem to have contracted a measure of Jhor, which I am sure will be a delight to work off..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:42 pm

[Colin] (Steelhaven at 7 in the evening.)

Colin nodded, "There are... generally two situations where it is acceptable to take a life - in the defense of self or others, or to end or prevent further suffering. There is, in fact, a magical Tradition dedicated to sorting out the latter scenario, preferably to prevent the need for taking a life in the first place... theirs is a heavy burden."

"I understand."
Strawberry said and nodded.
"Yes that must be hard for that group you mention."

He frowned, "Not entirely without any other choice, but without any good ones. I was... partial in the death of the Keeper's lover, and I expect that some day, that's going to come around to trouble me again."

"I see, well in this war there is allow of sorrow and grief, at least the Labyrinth was stopped."
Michael commented and nodded.

He smiled wryly, "Probably not for anyone's offspring, their own included."

Strawberry gave you a confused look at that.

He nodded, "Oh, some of them are quite good kids to begin with, too - for example, Chief Morgan's youngest apprentice is quite a decent, noble kid, despite being a widderslainte. I have faith that boy can get far in life."

"A widderslaite, things will be tough for him then, but with a respected Master as his teacher at least he stand a good chance to get through his trial intact."
Udella said and nodded.

He nodded, "Despite your inability to interpret her analyses, though, will you accept her sworn testimony on the exact condition of my Avatar as adequate proof for the purpose of this hearing?"

Master Tolle considered this for a moment, than after a while he nodded.
"I will allow it."
He said simply.

He frowned, "Master D'Angelo, I'm afraid, is inclined to use every means to get to me - if you don't mind me saying as much, I fear she's a touch vindictive and carries something of a grudge after I, hm, stalled the ritual on Thursday. I suspect she may hold me personally responsible for humiliating her and denying her her prize, which was Miss Alexander's Avatar. Mind you, I am extrapolating - however slightly - from the specific attitude she has shown in my presence, and cannot speak with certainty as to her underlying motivations...

"Ah yes well the concerns raised aout Master D'Angelo before the ritual on Thursday where legal and valid, and presedence showed that the punishment against Miss Alexander who have to be reconsidered, there is no need to be indictive but I will note your speculations Mr Wainwright. Let me also say I hope Miss Alexander is recovering as what was done to her was not correct according to the law."
The old Quesitor said without a hint of emotion in his voice.

At the time she tried to prod at my Avatar, I was beginning to wake up from an unconscious state, and could not have given prior consent to her examination, nor is it likely that I would have owing to her expressed bias against me, but it would not have been more than a minute or so before I would have had the ability to. I was then, however, fully aware of my Avatar's condition, and had I been concerned for her condition, I might have asked Master Morgan to take a look, had there been time. However, I had prior obligations to bring people home to and from Chicago, and as such had to settle for promising him to surrender to your authority as immediately as possible on my return to Boston."

"I will then note Mr Wainwright that no you did not give prior consent but that it could not have been ruled out that Master D'Angelo where trying to help your Avatarm though her motivation would be questionable, would that be correct?"
Master Tolle said.
"Regardless the Senior Quesitor of the Tribunal demanded you be detained and you escaped her care, though you later did come before me she do have legal hold in that complaint against you thogh this is a low crime of little legal consequense since you did later surrender a few hours later."

He nodded, "This is, in essence, a pre-trial hearing, to determine whether an offense warranting a full Tribunal is needed, or whether the chain of events merely warrant a minor censure or simple dismissal, with or without a warning. I do not fear the Law, though there might be an unprecedented detail or two."

Udella nodded at that.
"That is correct Mr Wainwright."
She said and Master Tolle seamed satisfied with your comprehension of the purpose of the hearing.

He took a deep breath, "Now, there is some background information you might find important here... The circumstances of my Awakening, some 25 years ago, were..."
he gestured to his face, "somewhat conflagratory, you might say. At the time, I passed out from the pain, and my Avatar seized control of my motor functions and what little magical talent I had to crash land my helicopter in a manner that left my copilot and passengers unscathed. That was the first time she took the reins to protect us."
He grimaced, "Yesterday, at the Mercere Chantry in Chicago, one of the senior Nephandi of the troublesome Labyrinth we destroyed this morning attempted to gilgul me, though I was only barely conscious and aware of the circumstances at that time, owing to some rather extreme mental and emotional stress and fatigue. My Avatar seized control of my body and magical abilities again, and managed to somehow reflect most of the Nephanda's spell back at her, causing no damage to us, and leading to my Cabalmate executing the defenseless Nephanda on the spot. At this time, I passed out for days from the pain as my Avatar... molted, revealing herself to be a rare occurrence indeed - a shard cluster. That was the second time she took over to defend us."

Master Tolle's left hand worked seemingly without his own concious control to write down what you where saying on a piece of paper, only stopping now and again to dip his pen in the ink pot as the man himself was silent and just regarded you as you gave your statement.

He pondered, "While in the Battlecruiser in Boston, I managed to negotiate with the Handler, who it turns out assumed that position prior to the Nephandi's Fall, and as such she has not Fallen, nor would the Nephandi dare to risk making that happen. She is quite the lovely lady, and..."
He pulled out Dalisse's Tass, "She gave me this as proof of her Avatar's condition. Highly Entropic, but not corrupt.

Master Tolle picked up the stone and muttered a few Latin words over it as his left hand continued to write then he nodded.
"Confirmed, Entropic but this do not come from a Fallen mage."
He said and the pen made a note of that as well.

During our negotiations, wherein we managed to provide subtle aid to our forces while hampering the Nephandi, as well as ruining Lisa Larson's link to the Aswadim she was trying to control, we were forced to conduct two separate rescue operations... well, three, really; first, a prisoner extraction from the Battlecruiser's cells, one Captain Welder, presently resting in the quarters of our own Dr. Lee, I believe, second, a freshly abducted young vampire whose blood contained an accidental link to the same Aswadim as Larson was trying to bind, and third, a young Cultist kidnapped by a pair of Fallen Technocrats in Chicago. The young vampire was successfully teleported to a safe haven in Chicago awaiting sunset, and the Cultist came with me back to Chicago by means of Master Morgan's shuttlecraft, at which time I also retrieved my apprentice from Chantry Morningstar, where she was waiting."

Master Tolle's left hand continued to write as you spoke, then eventually he asked.
"This Handler, would you say she was already a turncoat from the Nephandi by the time you had dealings with her?"
He asked.
"That is a quite relevant point Mr Wainwright as a non Fallen member of the Nephandi are still an enemy of Asencion in the eyes of Traditionalist law, but if she had turned against the Nephandi then she could be seen as a former Nephandus now an Orphan which would make the legal question quite different.

He cleared his throat, "Before departing, however, Lady Dalisse ex Diedne noticed something had emerged from the accursed Caul, and I knew that if anyone could end that threat quickly, it would be me - several Fallen I have questioned have expressed great fear of what would happen if I were to enter one, namely that my Avatar would tear it apart. That gamble was worth the risk. So, I had Lady Dalisse teleport me into the Caul chamber, where I slipped past Master Morgan and entered the... grossly oversized genitalia. Inside, there was... pain, unspeakably so... and something tried to pull at my Avatar, which then used the shard fragments she is composed of as something akin to a fragmentation explosive, tearing the Caul's spiritual nature to shreds before it could touch her. That's the third time she acted independently to defend us. As I was coming to, I heard Master D'Angelo scream in pain and surprise; I count that as the fourth time my Avatar defended us without my conscious participation. After that, I assured Master Morgan that neither I nor my Avatar are Fallen... though I will acknowledge that even I did not escape entirely unaffected; I seem to have contracted a measure of Jhor, which I am sure will be a delight to work off..."

Finally when your statement was done Master Tolle's left had stopped writing and he took the pages he had written and looked at them then handed them to you.
"Pleaste read this statement Mr Wainwright and sign them if you find them to be correct."
He said then he leaned back.
"The way I see it we have three legal questions here, one could working with this Dalisse of Diedne be considered Conspiering with Enemies of Asencion especially when she helped you escape from Master D'Angelo's attemnt to detain you, two the matter of your disobeying orders and escaping though you later surrendered to me and the third is whatever or not you are Fallen. Entering a Caul is not in itself illegal but being Fallen is. I suggjest we start on this question, so first to start things of I would like your consent to examine a spell you cast for signs of it being Qlipothic, you can choose the spell you desire to use and allow me to examine it's composition, do I have your consent for this Mr Wainwright?"
The old Quesitor said and he put a pair of very old, round glasses on his nose as he regarded you. Udella looded at you.
"I see no reason to protest this request Mr Wainwright."
She adviced.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:20 pm

"I was not ill treated I was apprenticed by the Labyrinth's second in command, he treated me well but no he wanted me to use all my time studying so I only got a change to do entertaining stuff when I did so behind his back."
Anna said and smiled.
"Well I would love to learn how to draw, but perhaps my Mentor would not be the best one to start with since if I draw his scars in a odd way perhaps he will become sad."
She said

"Mr. Wainwright doesn't seem like the guy who'd be sad about that. And if you want we can skip that scars altogether and just draw his face normally without them. If you want to start with something simpler I can show you how to draw random items. Name anything. If I've seen it I can probably draw it." Serge offered with a smile.

then she grinned.
"Turning Technocrat clothes to candy, well since most seam to have a problem with forced nudity that might make them akward enough to run away and with no toys a technomancer can't use magick so it is a good and well tasting plan."
She agreed and nodded.
"It would involve getting to see allot of Technocratic butt though."

"Well their's a downside to every perfect plan." Serge said chuckling.

"I did find coins on the ground it was neat Sir."
Jane confirmed. Anna nodded.
"That do sound like a fun spell. I really want to learn as much magick as I can, we have some things planned but I do not know if I am allowed to talk about it, but learning how to affect luck would be really fun."
Anna said and smiled as she sipped her soda.

"I'll say. Screwing around with luck seems like the it'd be the most fun thing to do. How is someone suppose to beat you when you got the power of luck on your side." Serge said enthusiastically. "It's kinda like plot armor. The world working to save the protagonist. Things just happen when you need them right at the nick of time."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:27 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, 7 PM]
Strawberry gave you a confused look at that.
Colin smiled thinly, "That particular subset of lawyers to which I referred are generally... not considered good people, and tend to foster an unhealthy repute in regards to their ability to care for others. Or care about others, for that matter."

"A widderslaite, things will be tough for him then, but with a respected Master as his teacher at least he stand a good chance to get through his trial intact."
Udella said and nodded.
He grinned, "With Master Tolle as his advocate, I should say his chances are the best they could ever be, considering the legal precedent he would be working with."

Master Tolle considered this for a moment, than after a while he nodded.
"I will allow it."
He said simply.
He nodded, "Thank you; that will simplify things - my Avatar is quite vocal about her preferences, and as we have seen, more than willing to retort without my involvement. I should not wish anyone to be hurt by her needlessly."

"Ah yes well the concerns raised aout Master D'Angelo before the ritual on Thursday where legal and valid, and presedence showed that the punishment against Miss Alexander who have to be reconsidered, there is no need to be indictive but I will note your speculations Mr Wainwright. Let me also say I hope Miss Alexander is recovering as what was done to her was not correct according to the law."
The old Quesitor said without a hint of emotion in his voice.
He smiled, "Miss Alexander will be back on her feet surprisingly soon... we've located the fragments that were severed from her, and will return them at the earliest opportunity. Hopefully, she won't have much in the way of scars."

"I will then note Mr Wainwright that no you did not give prior consent but that it could not have been ruled out that Master D'Angelo where trying to help your Avatarm though her motivation would be questionable, would that be correct?"
Master Tolle said.
"Regardless the Senior Quesitor of the Tribunal demanded you be detained and you escaped her care, though you later did come before me she do have legal hold in that complaint against you thogh this is a low crime of little legal consequense since you did later surrender a few hours later."
He nodded, "It could not have been ruled out that her stated intent of helping could be true - but in all honesty, I do not trust that claim. Though I do acknowledge whether or not I trust her is immaterial to the observed events and objective testimony. As for my departure in defiance of her arresting me, it was done with the consent of my Security Chief, in the face of Master D'Angelo's blatant personal bias against me - and contingent on my solemn promise to surrender to the law after my immediate obligations in Chicago were dealt with, including the retrieval of my apprentice, who otherwise would have been forced to be dosed with that horrid serum, which in turn might have caused another heart attack in the poor girl. I would maintain that I was compelled to defy Master D'Angelo under the Third Protocol - my sworn vow to bring Anna home today."

Master Tolle picked up the stone and muttered a few Latin words over it as his left hand continued to write then he nodded.
"Confirmed, Entropic but this do not come from a Fallen mage."
He said and the pen made a note of that as well.
He nodded and simply pocketed the stone again.

Master Tolle's left hand continued to write as you spoke, then eventually he asked.
"This Handler, would you say she was already a turncoat from the Nephandi by the time you had dealings with her?"
He asked.
"That is a quite relevant point Mr Wainwright as a non Fallen member of the Nephandi are still an enemy of Asencion in the eyes of Traditionalist law, but if she had turned against the Nephandi then she could be seen as a former Nephandus now an Orphan which would make the legal question quite different.
He nodded, "Her arrival in Boston was one of necessity; her ship had been injured in battle and needed to land and rest. The local Nephandi seized the opportunity to shackle the ship, and anchored it in the shadow of Boston. Lisa Larson betrayed her Gilledian and seized control of the Labyrinth, and generally did not care what anyone did to the Handler over the years since, incidentally causing some amount of turnover as people who physically hurt the Handler were subsequently eaten by the ship. By the time I arrived, Lady Dalisse's webbed hand had been cut up in a manner difficult to heal without a spare pair of hands, as punishment for betraying Larson's plans, so yes, I would certainly say she was a turncoat to the Nephandi, all too glad for the help to get away from them. I would posit that had she been physically able to leave the ship, she might have sought us out in a manner similar to that of Master Ir, to stop Larson's plans."

Finally when your statement was done Master Tolle's left had stopped writing and he took the pages he had written and looked at them then handed them to you.
"Pleaste read this statement Mr Wainwright and sign them if you find them to be correct."
He said then he leaned back.
"The way I see it we have three legal questions here, one could working with this Dalisse of Diedne be considered Conspiering with Enemies of Asencion especially when she helped you escape from Master D'Angelo's attemnt to detain you, two the matter of your disobeying orders and escaping though you later surrendered to me and the third is whatever or not you are Fallen. Entering a Caul is not in itself illegal but being Fallen is. I suggjest we start on this question, so first to start things of I would like your consent to examine a spell you cast for signs of it being Qlipothic, you can choose the spell you desire to use and allow me to examine it's composition, do I have your consent for this Mr Wainwright?"
The old Quesitor said and he put a pair of very old, round glasses on his nose as he regarded you. Udella looded at you.
"I see no reason to protest this request Mr Wainwright."
She adviced.
He scanned the pages, then nodded and fished out his own pen to sign it. "This does look quite accurate, yes. As for examining a spell, certainly, just give me a few moments to consider... ah, of course, I think I know just the thing. May I have a sheet of paper? I've enjoyed a rapid expansion of my repertoire, so I haven't had the time to craft permanent Foci for all my work yet, but a simple drawn circle should do..."

((OOC: Oh, poor Serge, he's going to be sooooo disappointed when Colin explains his lucky charms. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:02 pm

"I would like you to check with the hedge wizard and also check with the alchemist what he might have found, but I will need to attend to a meeting between your Orphan Cabalmate and our visiting judge before I call the invading spirit."
Jeffry said and there was no point in saying which of your two Orphan Cabalmates this was about.
"I will meet you as soon as the meeting is done."

"Damn. That." He blanched a bit. "Is he back? I wanted to...I don't know, talk to him or something before...that happened." He looked worried. Very worried for Colin. "Alright, well, I'll head to my own room to get myself settled then I'll check in with those two regarding what their decision was since we'll need to talk to him about that after this meeting, right? Then the Master Alchemist if I can find him. " He itched at his chest again with the end of the pen.

Your Mentor and the others in the time bubble gave you rather odd looks clearly fearing you had finally entered a quiet.
"A epiphany mea filius?" Jeffry asked and he raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, sorry I don't know...why I was laughing. I'm okay, I'm not...you know..." He already had cracked once, he didn't /think/ this was like that He stifled another giggle. Maybe. He hoped...

"There is always coffee, it is only the instant stuff not by favorite but it will do the job."
Jeffry said and he put thetablet aside for a moment and then he filled a bup with water, muttered a fewwords over it to make it boil and then he added a teaspoon of instant coffee powder and handed you the cup before picking up the tablet and reading, he looked suprised and looked up from the tablet to study you for a moment before he took the stylus and wrote.

He took the mug and drank it, stirring the cup around so the grounds didn't settle. "Thanks."

"My Mentor's name was Talis from a time when Hermetic names usually where only one name but he also used Gino Glassti among sleepers, he was a good and brave man who met his end defending Mis when it was attacked in 1993, buying time for it's Deacon Primus to take the apprentices to safety. The Covenant you mentioned are in Hungary. This makes a strange sort of sense so your former incarnation where the the pater of my pater's grand pater, interesting. We shall have to make a point of visiting this Covenant at some point then mea filius, you to see where Ernje lived and me to see where my own teacher where an apprentice."

He took the tablet back in one hand, sipped the coffee and read it. He smiled a bit and then nodded to Jeffry. "I would like that. Very much." He didn't know much about Hungary in this life, but the medieval times when Erjne lived were much different. It would be interesting to go, perhaps it would give his avatar a sense of completion to see that the place was still standing. He didn't know but he thought he would like that. He gave Jeffry a grin and cleaned up the board before putting it away. He finished writing the paper version of his dream. "Can you put this in the safe for now?" he asked. Then he finished up his breakfast

// got to love post-stress reactions...
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:06 pm

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the afternoon.)

"Damn. That." He blanched a bit. "Is he back? I wanted to...I don't know, talk to him or something before...that happened." He looked worried. Very worried for Colin.

Jeffry put a gentle hand on your shoulder.
"Don't worry mea filius I think your Cabalmate will get out of this with a slap on the wrist, and yes he is back, he is in trouble but I do think he will get out of it."
He said and Richard glanced up from his own breakfast.
"Is Colin in trouble again?"

"Alright, well, I'll head to my own room to get myself settled then I'll check in with those two regarding what their decision was since we'll need to talk to him about that after this meeting, right? Then the Master Alchemist if I can find him. " He itched at his chest again with the end of the pen.

"Correct."
Jeffry said as he finished his breakfast.
"And we can meet up to deal with the damned air elemental later."

"Yeah, sorry I don't know...why I was laughing. I'm okay, I'm not...you know..." He already had cracked once, he didn't /think/ this was like that He stifled another giggle. Maybe. He hoped...

"That is comforting to hear mea filius."
Jeffry said but he still regarded you with some concern.

He took the mug and drank it, stirring the cup around so the grounds didn't settle. "Thanks."
'

"I will brew you a proper cup when we get out of here and there is time mea filius but this instant stuff will have to do for now, at least it is hot."
Your Mentor said as he sipped his own cup.

He took the tablet back in one hand, sipped the coffee and read it. He smiled a bit and then nodded to Jeffry. "I would like that. Very much." He didn't know much about Hungary in this life, but the medieval times when Erjne lived were much different. It would be interesting to go, perhaps it would give his avatar a sense of completion to see that the place was still standing. He didn't know but he thought he would like that.

"Then I will arange for it as soon as possible, it might be a couple of months depending on when your new brother's trial will be held and the...outcome, but I will arange for it soon and contact the Chantry in question and request premission to visit them."
Jeffry said and he finished his coffee and started packing up things that no one was using into the bucket again.
"Picnic in the attic eh?"
He said and grinned.

He gave Jeffry a grin and cleaned up the board before putting it away. He finished writing the paper version of his dream. "Can you put this in the safe for now?" he asked. Then he finished up his breakfast

"Off course I will do it as soon as I am back in my office."
Jeffry said he took the notebook and carefully put it back in his pocket. At this point you where starting to feel the shift in time as Ryan brought the time bubble back in line with regular time and then slowly ended it, your head spun a little, it felt a bit disorienting, like stepping of a fast moving merry go round. Richard groaned and shook his head. Ryan smiled and sipped his own coffee.
"Sorry about that, no helping it I am afraid, not unless you are used to playing around with time."

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 7 15 in the afternoon.)

"Mr. Wainwright doesn't seem like the guy who'd be sad about that. And if you want we can skip that scars altogether and just draw his face normally without them. If you want to start with something simpler I can show you how to draw random items. Name anything. If I've seen it I can probably draw it." Serge offered with a smile.

"No you are right Sir my Mentor is not to sad about his scars I think, but he might be if I tried to draw him without them as if he would be better without them, anyway starting with something simple is probably better."
Anna said and she considered for a moment.
"I would like to draw marbels, can you draw marbels Sir?"

"Well their's a downside to every perfect plan." Serge said chuckling.

"I guess we could modify the spell so that the Technocrats got to keep their underwear, that might be more sanitary and we would not have to look at their butts."
Cava said in a tone of voice that said she really thought this was a great idea for how to deal with Technocrats.

"I'll say. Screwing around with luck seems like the it'd be the most fun thing to do. How is someone suppose to beat you when you got the power of luck on your side." Serge said enthusiastically. "It's kinda like plot armor. The world working to save the protagonist. Things just happen when you need them right at the nick of time."

"Well what the Traditions call Entropy can certinly do what you describe Mr Yager but that would be far more advanced than a small blessing causing someone to have a bit of good luck and find some coins, it might be Mr Wainwright know magick that advanced and if so I would love to learn it but I think I would have to learn the small good luck charms first before the plot armor spells."
Anna said and she sounded amused.
"My Mentor study a bit of Entropy he use it to fight to hit the enemy weak point and to heal to slow the rate of decay in an infected wound for example or to be lucky and have just the right time for a test to see what he need to."
Yu Die said.
"It have allot of uses."

Colin smiled thinly, "That particular subset of lawyers to which I referred are generally... not considered good people, and tend to foster an unhealthy repute in regards to their ability to care for others. Or care about others, for that matter."

"And they are rats? How are they rats? I am afraid I do not understand."
Strawberry said, the little werrat looked really confused.

He grinned, "With Master Tolle as his advocate, I should say his chances are the best they could ever be, considering the legal precedent he would be working with."

Udella nodded at that.
"Certinly if there is any legal grounds to spare the boy then Master Tolle will find it and make sure the court judge in that direction."
She agreed and nodded.

He nodded, "Thank you; that will simplify things - my Avatar is quite vocal about her preferences, and as we have seen, more than willing to retort without my involvement. I should not wish anyone to be hurt by her needlessly."

"Hum...well yes accepting Master Telar's sworn statement do seam like the most simple solution in this case then."
Master Tolle said but his expression never changed.

He smiled, "Miss Alexander will be back on her feet surprisingly soon... we've located the fragments that were severed from her, and will return them at the earliest opportunity. Hopefully, she won't have much in the way of scars."

"That is good to hear, and if Quintessence or other resources are needed to heal Miss Alexander then the Tradition's judicial system will provide what is needed since what was done to her was in error and off course she is free to sue for compensation as well if she wish to do so."
The old Quesitor said calmly.

He nodded, "It could not have been ruled out that her stated intent of helping could be true - but in all honesty, I do not trust that claim. Though I do acknowledge whether or not I trust her is immaterial to the observed events and objective testimony.

"Assumption makes for poor evidence Mr Wainwright though they have been noted."
Master Tolle said simply.

As for my departure in defiance of her arresting me, it was done with the consent of my Security Chief, in the face of Master D'Angelo's blatant personal bias against me - and contingent on my solemn promise to surrender to the law after my immediate obligations in Chicago were dealt with, including the retrieval of my apprentice, who otherwise would have been forced to be dosed with that horrid serum, which in turn might have caused another heart attack in the poor girl. I would maintain that I was compelled to defy Master D'Angelo under the Third Protocol - my sworn vow to bring Anna home today."

"Breaking the law in order to follow another law do not elimitate culpability, let us say you promise to tell a family member anything they ask and they ask a question you would have to break the Law of Shade to reply to, breaking the Law of Shade and telling your family member about mage society would not suddenly be legal even if you did so in order to not break your word, then again the Law of Shade is a minor Protocol and teh Third Protocol is a major one...in either case you defied Master D'Angelo's authority but it may be that the responsibility lay with Master Morgan who gave you premission to go, I might need a few words with him as well."
The Quesitor said with his emotionless voice.

He nodded, "Her arrival in Boston was one of necessity; her ship had been injured in battle and needed to land and rest. The local Nephandi seized the opportunity to shackle the ship, and anchored it in the shadow of Boston. Lisa Larson betrayed her Gilledian and seized control of the Labyrinth, and generally did not care what anyone did to the Handler over the years since, incidentally causing some amount of turnover as people who physically hurt the Handler were subsequently eaten by the ship. By the time I arrived, Lady Dalisse's webbed hand had been cut up in a manner difficult to heal without a spare pair of hands, as punishment for betraying Larson's plans, so yes, I would certainly say she was a turncoat to the Nephandi, all too glad for the help to get away from them. I would posit that had she been physically able to leave the ship, she might have sought us out in a manner similar to that of Master Ir, to stop Larson's plans."

Master Tolle's left hand started moving over a fresh piece of paper as it took down what you where saying.
"And this Handler you said she had started working against the Nephandi before you met her, and wished to leave them?"
He asked.
"And where is she and her ship now?"

He scanned the pages, then nodded and fished out his own pen to sign it. "This does look quite accurate, yes. As for examining a spell, certainly, just give me a few moments to consider... ah, of course, I think I know just the thing. May I have a sheet of paper? I've enjoyed a rapid expansion of my repertoire, so I haven't had the time to craft permanent Foci for all my work yet, but a simple drawn circle should do..."

"Good the testimony will be filed with the case documents."
Master Tolle replied then he handed you a thick sheet of handmade paper, he seamed to prefer things made with old methods.
"I hope this will do as I do not wish to start going through Master Morgan' drawers, also congratulations on your progress Mr Wainwright."
The Quesitor said flatly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:28 pm

Jeffry put a gentle hand on your shoulder.
"Don't worry mea filius I think your Cabalmate will get out of this with a slap on the wrist, and yes he is back, he is in trouble but I do think he will get out of it."
He said and Richard glanced up from his own breakfast.
"Is Colin in trouble again?"

"I hope you're right. I really, really hope you're right." He frowned though, remembering what his avatar had imparted to him. His worry went a bit further than the legal issues, though that was definately a concern. He glanced at Richard. "I think it might be a perpetual state of things, while always in flux..."

"Correct."
Jeffry said as he finished his breakfast.
"And we can meet up to deal with the damned air elemental later.

"Oh! That reminds me, our sodalis...she asked to have her hands bound. She was injured in the Labyrinth and while I didn't want to hurt her further, I had to bind them securely enough. Her hands should be checked out though to make sure she's getting enough blood through and everything...and later she might need them healed some more, I'm not sure but they were troubling her some."

"That is comforting to hear mea filius."
Jeffry said but he still regarded you with some concern.

"I already had that happen once...I'm not seeing anything I shouldn't. Though I suppose that's what I would have said before, but in Latin." He shrugged, as if not realising he /had/ been speaking Latin earlier or was possibly still speaking it now.

"I will brew you a proper cup when we get out of here and there is time mea filius but this instant stuff will have to do for now, at least it is hot."
Your Mentor said as he sipped his own cup.

"This will do for now, thanks. Reminds me when I went camping as a kid, the smell of it."

"Then I will arange for it as soon as possible, it might be a couple of months depending on when your new brother's trial will be held and the...outcome, but I will arange for it soon and contact the Chantry in question and request premission to visit them."
Jeffry said and he finished his coffee and started packing up things that no one was using into the bucket again.
"Picnic in the attic eh?"
He said and grinned.

"We'll need to speak to someone about that too, get him a good advocate...he really did help save everyone. That's got to be in his favor." He looked a bit worried and then nodded at Jeffry. "Yeah, something like that. He turned to look at Master Nassa. "How does my cabalmate fare, all things considered? I'd like to visit her too, when I get a chance. Can you please let her know that I'm home, safe and that I will see her soon? And thank you for the potions, from earlier they helped immesnely. How long do they last?" he asked, so he'd know when they were about to wear off.

"Off course I will do it as soon as I am back in my office."
Jeffry said he took the notebook and carefully put it back in his pocket. At this point you where starting to feel the shift in time as Ryan brought the time bubble back in line with regular time and then slowly ended it, your head spun a little, it felt a bit disorienting, like stepping of a fast moving merry go round. Richard groaned and shook his head. Ryan smiled and sipped his own coffee.
"Sorry about that, no helping it I am afraid, not unless you are used to playing around with time."

"Thank you," he said. He winced and grit his teeth as time went back to normal and his breakfast tried to backflip right out of his stomach. "Ugh...well, that's not so bad as what happened when I ended up in Worcester at least. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't go back there anytime soon."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:16 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, 7:15 PM]

"And they are rats? How are they rats? I am afraid I do not understand."
Strawberry said, the little werrat looked really confused.
Colin smiled, shaking his head, "In this case, the term rat is used in a derogatory sense... No offense intended, but the comparison with a scavenger that comes swarming wherever it senses an easy meal is... rather commonplace."

Udella nodded at that.
"Certinly if there is any legal grounds to spare the boy then Master Tolle will find it and make sure the court judge in that direction."
She agreed and nodded.
He nodded, "The same precedent as that which aborted the attempt on Miss Alexander last Thursday, in fact."

"That is good to hear, and if Quintessence or other resources are needed to heal Miss Alexander then the Tradition's judicial system will provide what is needed since what was done to her was in error and off course she is free to sue for compensation as well if she wish to do so."
The old Quesitor said calmly.
He nodded, "I am sure Master Telar, who provides the, hm, relevant medical care, as well as Master Nassa, her Mentor, will be pleased to hear that."

"Breaking the law in order to follow another law do not elimitate culpability, let us say you promise to tell a family member anything they ask and they ask a question you would have to break the Law of Shade to reply to, breaking the Law of Shade and telling your family member about mage society would not suddenly be legal even if you did so in order to not break your word, then again the Law of Shade is a minor Protocol and teh Third Protocol is a major one...in either case you defied Master D'Angelo's authority but it may be that the responsibility lay with Master Morgan who gave you premission to go, I might need a few words with him as well."
The Quesitor said with his emotionless voice.
He nodded, "Of course it won't eliminate culpability - but it does occasionally create a legal paradox; it boiled down to whether I would keep my promise and prevent needless suffering and discomfort, or break my promise and meekly follow Master D'Angelo to... a situation I in any case wouldn't trust, which might well render me, hm, permanently unable to make good on my other obligations. I knew full well we would be having this discussion after my, hm, eluding Master D'Angelo, and I welcomed it knowing I would be able to sort out prior obligations first."

Master Tolle's left hand started moving over a fresh piece of paper as it took down what you where saying.
"And this Handler you said she had started working against the Nephandi before you met her, and wished to leave them?"
He asked.
"And where is she and her ship now?"
He nodded, "As I understood it, she has been trying to free her ship from the Nephandi's moorings for years, and finally had the opportunity to do so, aiding us in blocking underhanded attacks by the Fallen and preventing, among other things, the widespread release of a horrid gas that temporarily evicts the Avatar from a Mage. As for where she is now - I would presume she is well on her way to the Deep Umbra, just her and the ship. I... do know how to track her down, though, should it be necessary in the future."

"Good the testimony will be filed with the case documents."
Master Tolle replied then he handed you a thick sheet of handmade paper, he seamed to prefer things made with old methods.
"I hope this will do as I do not wish to start going through Master Morgan' drawers, also congratulations on your progress Mr Wainwright."
The Quesitor said flatly.
He nodded, and accepted the page, "Very nice quality, this - it will do quite nicely. Now, while I am quite confident my magic is not Qlippothic, I'm afraid there might be some... unfortunate traces within it; as i said, my Avatar is not Fallen, but she is a shard cluster, and does draw in what she can find... inevitably, I do have some wrung shards in place. I do have faith I'll be able to revert those, though - my apprentice visited from the future earlier today, bringing physical proof that it is possible. That said, if you're quite ready to observe?"
He quickly drew a circle on the page, followed up with a perfect septagram, and drew a few appropriate runes at the corners, focusing on his rosebush.

((OOC: Simply Correspondence 2, making a hole in the page through which to see Colin's rosebush in his apartment, so as to not risk violating the Hermetic restrictions on scrying. Razz Arete roll: 7,9,0... Wow, that's a pretty good hole. Very Happy ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:33 pm

"No you are right Sir my Mentor is not to sad about his scars I think, but he might be if I tried to draw him without them as if he would be better without them, anyway starting with something simple is probably better."
Anna said and she considered for a moment.
"I would like to draw marbels, can you draw marbels Sir?"

"Marbels? The small glass balls with the cool designs in the middle and all around it right? That should be simple enough. It's just a overly detailed circle with a cool pattern. Just gotta draw a sphere...some shading....and of course the cool swirling patter....." Serge said. His hand moved simultaneously as he spoke and began to draw just that.

He drew a circle on his sketchbook followed by some shading to help give it depth and make it seem spherical and 3d. Some light shading in the corner of the sphere also gave the impression that the glass ball was reflecting some light. In the middle of the glass ball he drew swirling patterns that spun around the entirety to help complete the look.

"Something like this?" he asked.

"I guess we could modify the spell so that the Technocrats got to keep their underwear, that might be more sanitary and we would not have to look at their butts."
Cava said in a tone of voice that said she really thought this was a great idea for how to deal with Technocrats.

"There you go! Where their's a will their's a way." Serge said with a laugh enjoying how much Cava wanted the plan to work.

"That way we get to protect our innocent eyes while the Technocrat are still breaking indecent exposure laws"

"Well what the Traditions call Entropy can certinly do what you describe Mr Yager but that would be far more advanced than a small blessing causing someone to have a bit of good luck and find some coins, it might be Mr Wainwright know magick that advanced and if so I would love to learn it but I think I would have to learn the small good luck charms first before the plot armor spells."
Anna said and she sounded amused.
"My Mentor study a bit of Entropy he use it to fight to hit the enemy weak point and to heal to slow the rate of decay in an infected wound for example or to be lucky and have just the right time for a test to see what he need to."
Yu Die said.
"It have allot of uses."

"I study a bit of entropy too. I use it to help sort through the massive amounts of memories and emotions people have to quickly find the ones that have the most impact on them." Serge said with a sigh. "Still really bad at it though. Shame, I would love to skip right to doing plot armor spells."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:46 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

They left because it's dangerous to fight it, and they do not wish more death. I don't do either, but I don't want this spirit coming back to harm us in the future. Tane spoke in his mother tongue respectfully, but with the zeal of battle still seizing his heart and mind. Even so, when his great grandmother told him to question himself, he opened his eyes in surprise.
Your wisdom, mother, excedes your manĂ¡. I see your point... It didn't harm the werewolves' remains nor did it fight us actively... So should I try and to befriend it or allow it to exist at least? And who is this Guardian?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:51 am

Anja's Post:
"I asked around this place once I learned you where the one who had killed Agatha and while many here do not know anything about you, those who did said you where a mechanic so I assumed you would like a car, if you do not like it feel free to trade it in for something else, it is meerly a token of my appriciation."
The werspider explained.
"I hope the gift did not alarm you Miss Bouchard."

'Thought it was a distraction call. At what would have been a perfect time for us to be hit.' Nicole replied simply, adjusting the holster to get a correct fit.

'As for a car... not gonna sniff at that. 'Specially if it's a tasty number. Usually just do with older hatches and sedans - most my rides end up KIA'd by things trying to do similar to me. Would make a change having a car worth having.' giving a little smile.

'How could you organise a car that quick? It's only been a few hours. If you don't mind me asking.' adding the last as an afterthought.

[What is the IC date, exactly?]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:20 am

Colin smiled, shaking his head, "In this case, the term rat is used in a derogatory sense... No offense intended, but the comparison with a scavenger that comes swarming wherever it senses an easy meal is... rather commonplace."

"Is there anything wrong with an easy meal? I like easy meals, but I know what you mean, for most humans rats are icky and they do not like us."
Strawberry said sadly.

He nodded, "The same precedent as that which aborted the attempt on Miss Alexander last Thursday, in fact."

"Indeed there have become a precedent when a young widderslainte is apprenticed to someone powerful enough to control them, then they will be let be, through the reason have been more not to upset their Mentors than for any real belief they can cleanse themselves."
Udella said and nodded.

He nodded, "I am sure Master Telar, who provides the, hm, relevant medical care, as well as Master Nassa, her Mentor, will be pleased to hear that."

Master Tolle just nodded at that.

He nodded, "Of course it won't eliminate culpability - but it does occasionally create a legal paradox; it boiled down to whether I would keep my promise and prevent needless suffering and discomfort, or break my promise and meekly follow Master D'Angelo to... a situation I in any case wouldn't trust, which might well render me, hm, permanently unable to make good on my other obligations. I knew full well we would be having this discussion after my, hm, eluding Master D'Angelo, and I welcomed it knowing I would be able to sort out prior obligations first."

"The law do not allow for leniency even in a legal Paradox where there are no path you can take that do not lead to breaking the law, and while the fact that you returned speaks in your favor at the very least your actions would be seen as an insult towards Master D'Angelo's authority, and we can not set a precedent that make it legal for prisoners to come into custody when it suit them."
Master Tolle said sternly.

He nodded, "As I understood it, she has been trying to free her ship from the Nephandi's moorings for years, and finally had the opportunity to do so, aiding us in blocking underhanded attacks by the Fallen and preventing, among other things, the widespread release of a horrid gas that temporarily evicts the Avatar from a Mage. As for where she is now - I would presume she is well on her way to the Deep Umbra, just her and the ship. I... do know how to track her down, though, should it be necessary in the future."

"Hum...I can not think of any legal precedent in this case, a non Fallen member of the Nephandi trying to leave their ranks and aiding our forces in battle this will have to be discussed at a special Tribunal for Enforcers and the legality of such a situation determined, but as this is a legal gray area you can not be sentenced for wrongdoing for your dealings with this Handler."
The old Quesitor said simply.

He nodded, and accepted the page, "Very nice quality, this - it will do quite nicely.

"I get the paper from a little shop on Horizon who make it themselves."
Master Tolle replied.

Now, while I am quite confident my magic is not Qlippothic, I'm afraid there might be some... unfortunate traces within it; as i said, my Avatar is not Fallen, but she is a shard cluster, and does draw in what she can find... inevitably, I do have some wrung shards in place. I do have faith I'll be able to revert those, though - my apprentice visited from the future earlier today, bringing physical proof that it is possible. That said, if you're quite ready to observe?"
He quickly drew a circle on the page, followed up with a perfect septagram, and drew a few appropriate runes at the corners, focusing on his rosebush.

"Your Resonance is irrelevant for this case Mr Wainwright, Entropic or even Jhor Resonance is not illegal and is a personal and not a legal problem, producing Qlipothic magick though is a problem."
Master Tolle said.
"Proof that a Fallen soul can be cleansed, quite interesting but also not relevant for this spesific case but there are several relevant authorities that would like to see such proof."
He said then he nodded when you asked if he was ready to observe your rote, which turned out to be cast extremely well and you saw your rose bush through the tiny portal in the center of the page, you heard Jareth playing with something in the other room, something the was clanking allot, probably kitchen tools. Master Tolle looked at the portal, well not so much the portal itself as the way it was made then he took his glasses of an made a note in the case documents.
"The spell is Dynamic and not Qlipothic and while there are Entropic Resonance present this is not os relevance to the case."
He anounced.

(OOC: Indeed that is a very good hole. Razz )

"I hope you're right. I really, really hope you're right." He frowned though, remembering what his avatar had imparted to him. His worry went a bit further than the legal issues, though that was definately a concern. He glanced at Richard. "I think it might be a perpetual state of things, while always in flux..."

Jeffry nodded and sigh.
"I hope so as well mea filus."
Jeffry said and sigh he was clearly worried about Colin as well.
"Well Colin is good at getting himself into trouble but also good at getting himself out of it aswell."
Richard said and smiled a little.

"Oh! That reminds me, our sodalis...she asked to have her hands bound. She was injured in the Labyrinth and while I didn't want to hurt her further, I had to bind them securely enough. Her hands should be checked out though to make sure she's getting enough blood through and everything...and later she might need them healed some more, I'm not sure but they were troubling her some."

Jeffry nodded.
"I would have as well in her situation, then please check on her if you would after you have done your morning rituals would you mea filus? I need to get down to the meeting between your Cabalmate and Master Tolle."
He said and frowned.

"I already had that happen once...I'm not seeing anything I shouldn't. Though I suppose that's what I would have said before, but in Latin." He shrugged, as if not realising he /had/ been speaking Latin earlier or was possibly still speaking it now.

Your Mentor just nodded at that.

"This will do for now, thanks. Reminds me when I went camping as a kid, the smell of it."

"Hum...when I have been sleeping outside I have used properly boiled coffee over the fire."
Jeffry said and sipped from his cup.
"The taste is better than the instant stuff but it will do."

"We'll need to speak to someone about that too, get him a good advocate...he really did help save everyone. That's got to be in his favor." He looked a bit worried and then nodded at Jeffry.

"I have spoken with Master Tolle he is a hard man but he will do all he can to the extent of the law and we have precedent on our side, I believe your brother have a good chance to get through this, he is likely to be Branded which will be traumatic but hopefully he will be left intact."
Jeffry said but he looked rather concerned.

"Yeah, something like that. He turned to look at Master Nassa. "How does my cabalmate fare, all things considered? I'd like to visit her too, when I get a chance. Can you please let her know that I'm home, safe and that I will see her soon? And thank you for the potions, from earlier they helped immesnely. How long do they last?" he asked, so he'd know when they were about to wear off.

Amadeus gave a sad smile.
"She is sleeping, she is still in allot of pain, but though a spirit Mr Wainwright met I have been able to make an anestetic that seam to work at easing her suffering, she is sleeping now, when the Aswadim arrived the shock of that upset her, I asked our new member ehm what was his name...Mr Yager...I think it was to help her and he managed to get her to sleep through her magick and she have been getting some hours of rest."
The Verbena said and Ryan smiled a little when his newphew where mentioned.
"I will let her know you asked about her."
Master Nassa said then he said.
"The potion works for about twelve hours give or take, I am glad it helped you."

"Thank you," he said. He winced and grit his teeth as time went back to normal and his breakfast tried to backflip right out of his stomach. "Ugh...well, that's not so bad as what happened when I ended up in Worcester at least. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't go back there anytime soon."

"Teleportation accidents can be nasty."
Ryan agreed.
"Are you all okey?"
He asked and the others nodded. Jeffry got up and offered you a hand to help you up as Amadeus helped Richard to his feet.
"Well I should check on the patients in the attic after a quick shower."
Richard said and Amadeus nodded.
"And I would like to see how my apprentice is doing."

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 7 15 in the evening.)

'Thought it was a distraction call. At what would have been a perfect time for us to be hit.' Nicole replied simply, adjusting the holster to get a correct fit.

"I do apologize Miss Bouchard I did not mean for you to get alarmed."
Alessa said apologetically.

'As for a car... not gonna sniff at that. 'Specially if it's a tasty number. Usually just do with older hatches and sedans - most my rides end up KIA'd by things trying to do similar to me. Would make a change having a car worth having.' giving a little smile.

"I asked for a car that someone working as a mechanic and doing practical work might like and I had this model recomended, if you do not like it feel free to choose another model and trade it in."
Alessa said and she frowned.
"Yes I have lost a few cars through the years when my enemies have tried to take me out."
The Wespider said and nodded.

How could you organise a car that quick? It's only been a few hours. If you don't mind me asking.' adding the last as an afterthought.

"My kind are good at forming networks and getting cotacts, as it so happen I also have a very well paying job doing just that, so contacts and money would be the answer, that opens most doors."
Alessa said plainly.

(OOC: Ok let me see it is Sunday 27/9 2015 in the game right now.)

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 7 15 in the evening.)

"Marbels? The small glass balls with the cool designs in the middle and all around it right? That should be simple enough. It's just a overly detailed circle with a cool pattern. Just gotta draw a sphere...some shading....and of course the cool swirling patter....." Serge said. His hand moved simultaneously as he spoke and began to draw just that.

He drew a circle on his sketchbook followed by some shading to help give it depth and make it seem spherical and 3d. Some light shading in the corner of the sphere also gave the impression that the glass ball was reflecting some light. In the middle of the glass ball he drew swirling patterns that spun around the entirety to help complete the look.

"Something like this?" he asked.

"Yeah marbels as the glass balls, not all fo them are glass though, I collect them and I have some made of earthware, porcelain, wood and a few other materials and some have really cool things inside of them."
Anna said as she watched you drawing a marble and she smiled happily.
"That is pretty cool Sir, can you show me how to do that?"
She asked as she got a pencil to try for herself.

"There you go! Where their's a will their's a way." Serge said with a laugh enjoying how much Cava wanted the plan to work.

"That way we get to protect our innocent eyes while the Technocrat are still breaking indecent exposure laws"

"Yeah...yeah...and then we can make fun of their choice of underwear as they run away."
Cava said happily.
"They are Technocrats they probably have standard issue underwear every one of them have to wear."
Jane said and frowned and Yu Die grinned a little.
"Yeah probably but chasing half naked Technocrats on their way and then we can eat their equipment is a funny plan though."
The young Akashic said and Anna grinned a little.

"I study a bit of entropy too. I use it to help sort through the massive amounts of memories and emotions people have to quickly find the ones that have the most impact on them." Serge said with a sigh. "Still really bad at it though. Shame, I would love to skip right to doing plot armor spells."

"That is a pretty useful way to use magick Sir."
Anna said but Yu Die seamed uneasy at the mention of Mind magick and Anna looked at her and stopped speaking about it.
"What do you study Yu Die?"
She asked and the Akashic smiled a little.
"Mostly things like how to use energies to affect things esoterically or to make Martial Arts more effective and a bit about how the body works and such."
She muttered.
"A little of several things really."
She said and Anna smiled.
"That is really cool."
She commented and Yu Die smiled.
"What about you Anna?"
She asked and Anna replied.
"Protection and control magick really, countering the spells of others, creating wards and things like that."
She said and Yu Die nodded.
"That is really useful."

(OOC: Well now that we have a plan the Technocrazy have no chance. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:27 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

They left because it's dangerous to fight it, and they do not wish more death. I don't do either, but I don't want this spirit coming back to harm us in the future. Tane spoke in his mother tongue respectfully, but with the zeal of battle still seizing his heart and mind. Even so, when his great grandmother told him to question himself, he opened his eyes in surprise.

"What advice I can give my beautiful son is to close your eyes and listen to the song of this massive spirit, the answer for whatever or not it is a threat will be in it's song."
The ancestor spirit said as she gave you a kind smile.

Your wisdom, mother, excedes your manĂ¡. I see your point... It didn't harm the werewolves' remains nor did it fight us actively... So should I try and to befriend it or allow it to exist at least? And who is this Guardian?

"It might not be able to understand your friendship for it have been hurt and tortured and is returning home like a wounded animal returning to the forest to heal, but one day this massive spirit might be able to be an ally."
Your grandmother spirit said.
"You should ask your new friend, the warrior with the scars about the Handler, he can tell you more."
She replied.
"You wish to help others and keep them safe which is noble my dear son, but at times things are not what it seams."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:17 am

Anja's Post:
"I do apologize Miss Bouchard I did not mean for you to get alarmed."
Alessa said apologetically.

'Eh, You didn't know. We were doing a job which hadn't been planned beforehand.' Nicole replied, ending with a shrug.

Anja's Post:
"I asked for a car that someone working as a mechanic and doing practical work might like and I had this model recomended, if you do not like it feel free to choose another model and trade it in."
Alessa said and she frowned.
"Yes I have lost a few cars through the years when my enemies have tried to take me out."
The Wespider said and nodded.

'And in this case... your enemy and ours were the same?'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:23 am

'Eh, You didn't know. We were doing a job which hadn't been planned beforehand.' Nicole replied, ending with a shrug.

"I understand I still wish I had not spooked you."
The werspider said and nodded.

'And in this case... your enemy and ours were the same?'

"Yes, when Agatha allied herself with the Nephandi they became my enemies, now I...well my task is done but I have made...friends here and there is another shapechanger who lost the ones meant to teach her, so while we are not the same kind she kind of need a caretaker for a little while so I might stay in Boston a little longer. Let me know if you ever need my help with anything."
Alessa said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:46 am

Anja's Post:
"Yes, when Agatha allied herself with the Nephandi they became my enemies, now I...well my task is done but I have made...friends here and there is another shapechanger who lost the ones meant to teach her, so while we are not the same kind she kind of need a caretaker for a little while so I might stay in Boston a little longer. Let me know if you ever need my help with anything."
Alessa said and smiled.

'Just how many different types of you lot are there?' Nicole asked curiously. 'Sorry... didn't mean it like that. How many shapechangers.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:55 am

"No offense taken Miss Bouchard, but to answer your question, probably more types than I know about. Personally I have either met myself or have on good authority that there are wolves, sharks, ravens, cats, usually large wild cats but also house cats, rats, foxes and coyotes, as well as spiders off course but there might be many more, most keep to themselves and do not have allot of contact with others, but it seams we have all been given different tasks to do in the world by the spirits that created us."
Alessa said and sigh.
"And we have to combine that with just living our lives."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:01 am

[Steelhaven Hall, 7:30 PM]
"Is there anything wrong with an easy meal? I like easy meals, but I know what you mean, for most humans rats are icky and they do not like us."
Strawberry said sadly.
Colin shook his head, "Nothing wrong with an easy meal, the wrongness shows up when someone who is supposed to be an arbiter of law treats other people as easy meals..."
He patted her lightly on the head, "Besides, a lot of humans like rats just fine, so long as said rats don't show up unexpectedly in their food cupboards. After all, how else would there be a profitable trade in pet rats?"

"Indeed there have become a precedent when a young widderslainte is apprenticed to someone powerful enough to control them, then they will be let be, through the reason have been more not to upset their Mentors than for any real belief they can cleanse themselves."
Udella said and nodded.
He smiled wryly, "I find that Reason and Law don't necessarily agree on cause, even when they reach the same effect... As for the cleansing, give it time."

"The law do not allow for leniency even in a legal Paradox where there are no path you can take that do not lead to breaking the law, and while the fact that you returned speaks in your favor at the very least your actions would be seen as an insult towards Master D'Angelo's authority, and we can not set a precedent that make it legal for prisoners to come into custody when it suit them."
Master Tolle said sternly.
He nodded, "True enough, however, there's a complication here..."
He glanced at Udella, "There is evidence being gathered... should we show him the letter, knowing that we don't have all the other evidence available right now?"

"Hum...I can not think of any legal precedent in this case, a non Fallen member of the Nephandi trying to leave their ranks and aiding our forces in battle this will have to be discussed at a special Tribunal for Enforcers and the legality of such a situation determined, but as this is a legal gray area you can not be sentenced for wrongdoing for your dealings with this Handler."
The old Quesitor said simply.
He nodded, "That is a relief. May I then assume that until further notice, it will be permissible to collect books of fiction to send to her as a care package? That will not constitute direct contact, just dropping said package off in the Umbra for her to find."

"I get the paper from a little shop on Horizon who make it themselves."
Master Tolle replied.
He nodded, "I know the place, I'll be a regular patron, myself, once my family moves to Horizon."
He paused, "Ah, sorry, I should clarify - my future self keeps pulling my present self into the future, so I can learn things I need to know in the present, with the benefit of hindsight. This has let me gain the aid of a rogue Union cyborg to rescue a kidnapped girl, to enlist the aid of the Handler Dalisse, and capture the two individuals who ambushed us on the way back from the Umbra Port just now, among other things... It's a little complicated, but a life saver."

"Your Resonance is irrelevant for this case Mr Wainwright, Entropic or even Jhor Resonance is not illegal and is a personal and not a legal problem, producing Qlipothic magick though is a problem."
Master Tolle said.
"Proof that a Fallen soul can be cleansed, quite interesting but also not relevant for this spesific case but there are several relevant authorities that would like to see such proof."
He said then he nodded when you asked if he was ready to observe your rote, which turned out to be cast extremely well and you saw your rose bush through the tiny portal in the center of the page, you heard Jareth playing with something in the other room, something the was clanking allot, probably kitchen tools. Master Tolle looked at the portal, well not so much the portal itself as the way it was made then he took his glasses of an made a note in the case documents.
"The spell is Dynamic and not Qlipothic and while there are Entropic Resonance present this is not os relevance to the case."
He anounced.
He frowned and leaned toward the hole, voice stern, "Jareth? Are you making mischief in my kitchen again?"
He leaned back, "Ah, sorry, I have a friend visiting - an owl. He's a bit of an imp, but a very clever one."
He shook his head, "But, my... pet peeves are not your problem, of course. So, with the state of my magic cleared up, what comes next?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:06 am

Anja's Post:
"No offense taken Miss Bouchard, but to answer your question, probably more types than I know about. Personally I have either met myself or have on good authority that there are wolves, sharks, ravens, cats, usually large wild cats but also house cats, rats, foxes and coyotes, as well as spiders off course but there might be many more, most keep to themselves and do not have allot of contact with others, but it seams we have all been given different tasks to do in the world by the spirits that created us."
Alessa said and sigh.
"And we have to combine that with just living our lives."

'I... see.' the large woman replied, clearly finding this information a little hard to process. 'Does this "enemy of my enemy" thing happen often between us?'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:00 pm

Colin shook his head, "Nothing wrong with an easy meal, the wrongness shows up when someone who is supposed to be an arbiter of law treats other people as easy meals..."

"I guess you are right about that."
Strawberry said.
"Like when the police demand to see my boobs or arrest me on something I have not done or they take bribes just to get the poor out of an area?"
She asked.

He patted her lightly on the head, "Besides, a lot of humans like rats just fine, so long as said rats don't show up unexpectedly in their food cupboards. After all, how else would there be a profitable trade in pet rats?"

"True but many try to kick us or kill us and the father of the little girl who owned me flushed me down the toilet when the family where going on vecation and no one wanted to watch me while they where gone."
The little werrat said and she looked down sadly.

He smiled wryly, "I find that Reason and Law don't necessarily agree on cause, even when they reach the same effect... As for the cleansing, give it time."

Udella nodded at that.
"I hope you are right about the cleansing thing Mr Wainwright as for the rest, yes often that is the case."

He nodded, "True enough, however, there's a complication here..."
He glanced at Udella, "There is evidence being gathered... should we show him the letter, knowing that we don't have all the other evidence available right now?"

Udella nodded.
"That would seam both relevant and resonable to me for while it will not prove that D'Angelo is culpable it shows a resonable asumption on your end that you would not be fairly treated as her prisoner which is a midigating circumstance."
She said and she cast the spell that allowed her accsess to her pocket realm and retrieved the teleporter's letter and handed it to you then she turned to Master Tolle.
"I would like to remind Quesitor Tolle of Heller vs The Security Council."
She said.
"In spring of 1992 Augustin Heller bani Euthanathos refused to let himself be arrested on the charges of Oathbreaking and instead he surrendered to his own Mentor Elisabeth Derlise, the Deacon Primus of Chantry Foxgrove, he was put up on charges of resisting arrest and undermining the authority of the Security Council however he referred to a case five years earlier where he had been arrested on suspicion of illegally entering Horizon, the charges where eventually proven to be false his entry with his Mentor through the Ways where authorized but there had been a clerical error, however while he was in custody Mr Heller had been beaten to the point of needing medical attention over a minor disagreement with the guards, and it was found that while they do have the right to dicepline prisoners that right do not extend to such severity and Mr Heller where awared three drams of Tass as compensation and the Security Council where sentenced to cover his medical bills, due to this incodent it was judged that Mr Heller had good reason to fear what treatment the Security Council would put him though and while that did not give him the right to resist arrest it was considered a mitigating enough circumstance that he was sentenced to minor Cencure for fleeing them and surrendering to his own Deacon Prima."
Your Defender said and Master Tolle nodded.
"Noted Quesitor Adimari, if I may see this letter please?"

He nodded, "That is a relief. May I then assume that until further notice, it will be permissible to collect books of fiction to send to her as a care package? That will not constitute direct contact, just dropping said package off in the Umbra for her to find."

"Until the legality of working with someone in her situation are determined then yes it is legal, continued legality would depend on the result of the Enforcer's Tribunal to discuss the matter."
Master Tolle said and nodded.

He nodded, "I know the place, I'll be a regular patron, myself, once my family moves to Horizon."
He paused, "Ah, sorry, I should clarify - my future self keeps pulling my present self into the future, so I can learn things I need to know in the present, with the benefit of hindsight. This has let me gain the aid of a rogue Union cyborg to rescue a kidnapped girl, to enlist the aid of the Handler Dalisse, and capture the two individuals who ambushed us on the way back from the Umbra Port just now, among other things... It's a little complicated, but a life saver."

"That sounds like a most practical ability Mr Wainwright."
Master Tolle said without changing his facial expression.
"But yes that little shop makes excellent quality items."
He added and nodded.

He frowned and leaned toward the hole, voice stern, "Jareth? Are you making mischief in my kitchen again?"

There was a few metaic conking sounds and then inocent sience, Jareth was inocent, off course he was.

He leaned back, "Ah, sorry, I have a friend visiting - an owl. He's a bit of an imp, but a very clever one."
He shook his head, "But, my... pet peeves are not your problem, of course. So, with the state of my magic cleared up, what comes next?"

"Now we wait for Master Telar to examine your Avatar so I will know more about it's state and then I will make a ruling on that matter."
Master Tolle said. Soon thereafter there was a soft knocking on the office door.
"Would you kindly get the door Mr Wainwright?"
The old Quesitor requested.

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 7 15 in the afternoon.)

"No not often, with some few exceptions most fera as we like to call ourselves avoid contact with other supernatural beings, including your kind, there are induviduals who make allies among your kind and with other beings as well off course and some groups are more likely to get into contact with one another, my own kind sometimes makes allies of your oh what are they called...Virtual Adepts? Since we tend to use computers and are good with networks. Sime types of wercats and werfoxes are attracted to mages for some reason and have dealings with your kind but usually we keep to ourselves."
Alessa explained.

(OOC: Sorry for the late reply I was out playing MtG today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:57 pm

Jeffry nodded and sigh. "I hope so as well mea filus."Jeffry said and sigh he was clearly worried about Colin as well.
"Well Colin is good at getting himself into trouble but also good at getting himself out of it aswell." Richard said and smiled a little.

"Yeah, true..." He still looked worried though.

Jeffry nodded."I would have as well in her situation, then please check on her if you would after you have done your morning rituals would you mea filus? I need to get down to the meeting between your Cabalmate and Master Tolle." He said and frowned.

"Alright."

"I have spoken with Master Tolle he is a hard man but he will do all he can to the extent of the law and we have precedent on our side, I believe your brother have a good chance to get through this, he is likely to be Branded which will be traumatic but hopefully he will be left intact."
Jeffry said but he looked rather concerned.

'Understandably, he's pretty worried. It's going to be a hard wait, we'll have to keep his spirits up."

Amadeus gave a sad smile.
"She is sleeping, she is still in allot of pain, but though a spirit Mr Wainwright met I have been able to make an anestetic that seam to work at easing her suffering, she is sleeping now, when the Aswadim arrived the shock of that upset her, I asked our new member ehm what was his name...Mr Yager...I think it was to help her and he managed to get her to sleep through her magick and she have been getting some hours of rest..."I will let her know you asked about her."

"I'm glad she's getting some rest. Thank you."

"The potion works for about twelve hours give or take, I am glad it helped you."

"Right...we're in here for nine, I drank it before I came in here...I roughly have an hour and a half then, I estimate before it's worn off."

"Teleportation accidents can be nasty."
Ryan agreed.
"Are you all okey?"

'Yes, thanks."

Jeffry got up and offered you a hand to help you up as Amadeus helped Richard to his feet.
"Well I should check on the patients in the attic after a quick shower."
Richard said and Amadeus nodded.
"And I would like to see how my apprentice is doing."

He took the hand up and then nodded to his mentor in thanks. To Richard he said, "Hey, thank you...you saved her life. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of what happened soon. I'm glad you're ok." He supposed then the first place to head was back to his own room.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:35 pm

"Yeah, true..." He still looked worried though.

Jeffry sigh.
"There is no use worrying mea filius, all we can do right now is offer the man our support, and a stern talking to."

"Alright."

"Thank you mea filius."
Your Mentor said and nodded.

'Understandably, he's pretty worried. It's going to be a hard wait, we'll have to keep his spirits up."

"It will be hard for him, and that is understandable while his chances are good there is still the possibility that the Council will focus on his forced, brief cooperation with the Nephandi and label him a Nephandus and then...well let us just say that if I where in his shoes I would not be sleeping well at night either and he is just a boy this wait will not be easy for him to handle, all we can do though is try to be there for him and keep his hope up, both to ease the wait and because if it go wrong, these months might be his last, let us make sure they are as good as possible."
The old Hermetic said and he gave you a concerned look.

"I'm glad she's getting some rest. Thank you."

"Me to child, I am...worrid about her, she is so..."
Amadeus did not finish that sentence and he sigh.
"I just wish she had been spared this suffering."

"Right...we're in here for nine, I drank it before I came in here...I roughly have an hour and a half then, I estimate before it's worn off."

"Right that sounds correct, the effect will not stop suddenly but will slowly ween of so you will be functional for a while longer but sooner or later you will have to accept that you have done all you can and rest until your body and energy recovers."
Amadeus agreed and nodded.

He took the hand up and then nodded to his mentor in thanks. To Richard he said, "Hey, thank you...you saved her life. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of what happened soon. I'm glad you're ok." He supposed then the first place to head was back to his own room.

"Captain Welder are a patient in my care, it is my duty to protect her life, even if it cost my own but I am glad it did not, thank you for saving me, both you and Master Morgan."
Richard said and Jeffry smiled a little.
"We can not go and loose our healers now can we Dr Lee."
He said in his usual gruff voice. Richard smiled to that.
"Well I should go and attend to my patients."
The doctor said as Jeffry gave everyone gathered a sharp nod and turned to head downstairs.

You got to your room, there where few others around, you saw Mrs Von hess out walking with her dowsing rods, perhaps she was checking for hostile spirits and other enetieis in the Chantry, the woman curtsy to you as she passed you in the hallway.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:58 pm

Jeffry sigh.
"There is no use worrying mea filius, all we can do right now is offer the man our support, and a stern talking to."

"I'd better leave the latter to my betters," he replied wryly. No doubt, his pater and Freddy would have enough to say.

"It will be hard for him, and that is understandable while his chances are good there is still the possibility that the Council will focus on his forced, brief cooperation with the Nephandi and label him a Nephandus and then...well let us just say that if I where in his shoes I would not be sleeping well at night either and he is just a boy this wait will not be easy for him to handle, all we can do though is try to be there for him and keep his hope up, both to ease the wait and because if it go wrong, these months might be his last, let us make sure they are as good as possible."

He nodded, frowning.

"Me to child, I am...worrid about her, she is so..."
Amadeus did not finish that sentence and he sigh.
"I just wish she had been spared this suffering."

"She will get better..."

"Right that sounds correct, the effect will not stop suddenly but will slowly ween of so you will be functional for a while longer but sooner or later you will have to accept that you have done all you can and rest until your body and energy recovers."
Amadeus agreed and nodded.

"Thanks."

You got to your room, there where few others around, you saw Mrs Von hess out walking with her dowsing rods, perhaps she was checking for hostile spirits and other enetieis in the Chantry, the woman curtsy to you as she passed you in the hallway.

He nodded back to Mrs Von Hess. "Everything seem ok?" he asked, pausing briefly to hear her answer. He got to his room and remembered he gave his room and car keys to Narim when he went to grab his keys out of his pocket. Damn. With a sigh, he knocked to see if he was in there before doubling back to Ty's room. If he was still in there, it meant that someone was still out, and that was bad news. And anyway, someone would need to take over for him if it'd been that long. But mostly, he needed to get into his room and didn't want to ask his pater for his spare key. Worse to worse, he supposed he could go back up or downstairs and use a room...
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:24 pm

"Yeah marbels as the glass balls, not all fo them are glass though, I collect them and I have some made of earthware, porcelain, wood and a few other materials and some have really cool things inside of them."
Anna said as she watched you drawing a marble and she smiled happily.
"That is pretty cool Sir, can you show me how to do that?"
She asked as she got a pencil to try for herself.

"Sure thing!" Serge said happily as he started again, this time more slowly so that Anna to follow along.

"First things first. Draw a nice round circle." Serge said as his pencil spun around the paper and made a circle. "And then you want to darken the edges of the circle. Make sure to use the edge of your pencil lead rather than the point when shading. This is to give it a shadowy effect and makes it look spherical and 3-d."

He waited for Anna and any of the other girls to finish before going onto the next step.

"Yeah...yeah...and then we can make fun of their choice of underwear as they run away."
Cava said happily.
"They are Technocrats they probably have standard issue underwear every one of them have to wear."
Jane said and frowned and Yu Die grinned a little.
"Yeah probably but chasing half naked Technocrats on their way and then we can eat their equipment is a funny plan though."
The young Akashic said and Anna grinned a little.

"We can call it Plan E.T.U. Eat The Union!" Serge said thoroughly enjoying the conversation.

"That is a pretty useful way to use magick Sir."
Anna said but Yu Die seamed uneasy at the mention of Mind magick and Anna looked at her and stopped speaking about it.
"What do you study Yu Die?"
She asked and the Akashic smiled a little.
"Mostly things like how to use energies to affect things esoterically or to make Martial Arts more effective and a bit about how the body works and such."
She muttered.
"A little of several things really."
She said and Anna smiled.
"That is really cool."
She commented and Yu Die smiled.
"What about you Anna?"
She asked and Anna replied.
"Protection and control magick really, countering the spells of others, creating wards and things like that."
She said and Yu Die nodded.
"That is really useful."

Serge noticed Yu Die's uneasiness and refrained from talking about his magick in any sort of depth. Instead he focused on Anna's magick. "Countering spells? Damn...the bane of every magick the gathering player....except the ones who're doing it." he said chuckling to himself.

"What's that like anyways? Do you need to understand the spell first your countering or do you just sort of mess with a wizard's spell when he starts chanting something?" he asked curiously.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 38 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next