Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Page 5 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next

Go down

Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Tane Karyak on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:25 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

It is the same as your friend's Avatar in that both it and this ship are believed evil due to what they are rather than what they do, however there is a difference, this ship is not wrong it is simply a manifestation of decay, and death and decay is as natural as birth and life my beautiful son.

I thought it was turned into a monstruous spirit of undoing, like the nephandi. But, i will check, and if it deserves not reprisal... i'll let it go. Tane said and smirked in shame, looking at his feet. He rose his sight to his grandmother when she asked her offering and lowered his head to her honor as she went out. Then Tane went over to Dino We need to go, and you should know this spirit is protected by The Handler.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:37 am

[Colin] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded, "I will tend to that responsibility, obviously. But one thing at a time."

Jeffry nodded at that.
"Indeed first things first, I will leave this matter to you then."
He said.

He frowned, "Well, we'll have to do what we can to convince her..."

"I hope that we can, for doing it against her by force would be cruel and would traumatize her further."
Cita said and frowned.

He nodded, "I'm afraid that may be the case. The same goes for Adley."
He frowned, "I suppose this means I should resume Cabal Leader responsibilities immediately, with the verdict in place, but I hope that can wait until morning..."

"Yes you can be a most...frustrating man Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry grumbeled.
"As for your duties as Cabal leader that you will have to discuss with my apprentice, the inner workings of your Cabal is the bussiness of said Cabal not me."

He smiled, leading them up the stairs to his apartment, "This way, then, honoured Quaesitors."

You got up to your room, the two Quesitors where following you up the stairs. In your room you found large stacs of Anna's books neatly placed in the living room, but a whole shelf worth of books, many of them old took up some room, her marbels stood on top of the stacks. Jared where in the kitched playing with a soup ladle, the owl looked up, with the ladle still in his beak and gave a happy sound when he saw you with a look I killed it for you kind of look on his face as he placed a claw on the ladle.

[Nicole] (On the road in Boston at 6 30 in the evening.)

'Won't solve, just delay. But as paint does for the panels, the sealant does for the underside; put a layer between the metal and the shit hitting it.' Nicole replied, giving a little glare at the darkened city, knowing that the vampires would be rising somewhere.

"Well that makes allot of sense."
Fran said and nodded.
"I have tried to maintain my car with magick but perhaps I should take it to a shop and have such a layer of sealant applied to the underside, especially for the autumn with all the rain."

'It's one of those jobs most folk think we make up to rack up the bill.' A silence as Nicole attempted and failed to get something out of a pocket, then continued.

"That would be fine, what I react to is when you pay for a part, and then there is a minor installation you can see them work for five minutes and then they take 500 dollars for the job, that is a bit stiff houerly pay."
Fran said and frowned.

Have you checked in with the higher-ups yet? Are they happy with the results of our attack?'

"The Labyrinth is gone and our Chantry had no losses so yes they are happy about that, it could have gone allot worse and for some of the other Chantries it did."
The Euthanathos said sadly.
"Bloody Nephandi why do they have to ruin it for everyone else?"

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the evening.)

Serge glanced at the palm of his hand, which was still marked with the Hagalaz symbol from when he had failed to cast the rote that Mr. Bergen had taught him. "For now I just want to learn how to screw around with fate, fortune, and the chaotic strands of karma that dictate how stories play out in our world. Luck magick basically. If I could learn to use those maybe I could actually do something to prevent people from getting hurt."

"That are prettu useful magick good luck with that Sir."
Anna said and she smiled.
"I am sure what you can already do helps though, every type of magick is useful Sir one just need to know how to use it right."

"Don't worry Rosa, you'll get tons of it." Serge said with a smile that didn't match with the words he was saying. "Reality is not a fan of people who screw around with time. Especially the past. But that's typically high level stuff and I'm sure if your careful you'll be fine." he said, quickly reassuring her afterwards so as to not frighten her.

"Yes I suspect you are right about that Serge, I will end up picking up allot of Paradox over the years and I probably will not like it much, however I have to admit to being rather curious about it, for example dos it hurt?"
Rosa said and Anna nodded.
"It can hurt Miss if you get allot of it at once, it can feel all from a little yucky, you sort of feel reality grabbing at you to just horrible pain if allot of it smash into your Avatar at once."
The young girl said and Rosa nodded and sigh.
"I guess I will find out for myself soon enough."
She said nervously.

"I mean safe is a bit of stretch." Serge said as he rubbed the arm he had used in the battle against the bandit-queen. "When you have dreams as realistic as mine, you tend to feel the pain as if it was real. Each sword swing, arrow struck, and stab wound. I haven't died in a dream yet but I definitely don't want to find out if I can."

"Well if you are in danger of dying from your fantasies and they can actually hurt you then I recomend developing methods to control said fantasies Sir."
Anna said and she raised an eyebrow.

"Your all traitors!" the young cultist said bitterly as he dug into his superior vanilla ice cream.

"Well if everyone wanted vanilla Sir there would be far less for you."
Yu Die said and shrugged.

"Ok that's really cool! I haven't seen her transform the other way yet." Serge said as he watched the girls crowd around her. He refrained from petting Strawberry because despite being a rat, he had spoken to her as a young girl and it would hard to pet the rat without imagining him petting her human form as well.

"She is so cute...look at her tail is not not cute Sir?"
Jane said and she pointed at Strawberry's long rat tail.
"I want to put a bow on it."
The little girl exclaimed. The other girls where forgetting their icecream to pet and play with the little white rat. Rosa walked over to you and smiled a little.
"Well yes Cousin that is kind of cool. Well at least the girls are having fun and it do not seam like Strawberry mind their attentions.

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the afternoon.)

He frowned. "I knew it was bad, but I am glad that she let you help her. That is at least something and we can ask another healer of your Tradition as you said to work on the things that you felt you could not. She will need time to recover."

"I will speak with Master Nassa about it, I think he might be able to do more for her than me, but yes she needs rest and she needs to feel safe, she let me use magick on her but she would not let me touch her back."
Ingmar said and frowned.

He sighed, dug around in his bag and pulled out the tablet, made sure it was clear and began to write as he continued talking. "His crimes will be noted and he will be punished accordingly."

"Good, the shitbag deserves...well you know what."
The grumpy Verbena grumbeled.

Then he showed him the following:"' Maybe not Doctor Lee - as much as I think he is a good doctor and knows good methods, I fear she will not take any sort of medical treatments that reminds her...of her experiences without being traumatized again. Nothing you would find at a doctor's office or hospital and no going to the infirmary. It scared her. Is there anything you think I or the Chief may need to know?' "Thank you for your help," he said with a nod of his head. When the Verbena took his leave, he knocked on the door.

"I understand that having a medical doctor take a look at her might scare her but there is something wrong with her brain, I just can not get my finger on what, having her examined might be neccesary. But no I do not think that anything is wrong with her that will affect Chantry security but it might be something serious for her health."
Ingmar said.
"And the injuries are old, but I know Master Nassa have dealt with old injuries before. I will talk with him...well I have more folks needing checking up on."
Ingmar said and he muttered a glum goodbue at you and waved at you as he left.

You knocked on the door and Miss Day opened it and gave you a smile.
"Mr Roth Hicks, are you here to check on Cecilia?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:41 am

I thought it was turned into a monstruous spirit of undoing, like the nephandi. But, i will check, and if it deserves not reprisal... i'll let it go.

"In this case it might be more it let you go my beautiful son, you are powerful but this spirit is ancient as so are his guardian."
The ancestor spirit warned.
"However there are times when fighting against a superior foe even if it means our death is needed but this is not one of those times."

Tane said and smirked in shame, looking at his feet. He rose his sight to his grandmother when she asked her offering and lowered his head to her honor as she went out. Then Tane went over to Dino We need to go, and you should know this spirit is protected by The Handler.

Your great, great grandmother smiled warmly to you as she vanished. Dino looked at you and nodded he signaled his pack.
"Very well, let us go."
He said as he moved towards the portal.
"We are in the middle Umbra can you walk it on your own?"
He asked then he smiled a little.
"Who was the spirit you spoke to? I could not see it but the pressence it had was beautiful."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:54 am

"I understand that having a medical doctor take a look at her might scare her but there is something wrong with her brain, I just can not get my finger on what, having her examined might be neccesary. But no I do not think that anything is wrong with her that will affect Chantry security but it might be something serious for her health."
Ingmar said.

"Hrm," he frowned. "I think I know why, unfortunately...it would be good to talk to me or our cabal leader before any actions regarding that particular issue is taken. I can tell you and the Master Verbena together." He erased what he wrote and put the tablet back.

"And the injuries are old, but I know Master Nassa have dealt with old injuries before. I will talk with him...well I have more folks needing checking up on."
Ingmar said and he muttered a glum goodbue at you and waved at you as he left.

"Thank you again for your help."

ou knocked on the door and Miss Day opened it and gave you a smile.
"Mr Roth Hicks, are you here to check on Cecilia?"

"Hey, yeah. And you as well, can I come in for a few moments?"
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:57 am

[Steelhaven Hall, half past seven PM]
"Yes you can be a most...frustrating man Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry grumbeled.
"As for your duties as Cabal leader that you will have to discuss with my apprentice, the inner workings of your Cabal is the bussiness of said Cabal not me."
Colin nodded, "Of course - but if you see Adley before I do, let him know I've been sufficiently cleared, would you?"

You got up to your room, the two Quesitors where following you up the stairs. In your room you found large stacs of Anna's books neatly placed in the living room, but a whole shelf worth of books, many of them old took up some room, her marbels stood on top of the stacks. Jared where in the kitched playing with a soup ladle, the owl looked up, with the ladle still in his beak and gave a happy sound when he saw you with a look I killed it for you kind of look on his face as he placed a claw on the ladle.
He smiled thinly at the impressive library, setting his bags down on the table, "Ah, please excuse the mess; I had my apprentice's personal library delivered while I was in Chicago; I don't quite have the shelves for it yet. I'll have to catalogue them carefully."
He sighed softly at the sight of Jareth with the ladle, as he made his way toward the tea rack, "Honoured Quaesitors, meet Jareth, son of Mr. Ackerman, one of Boston's Verbena. Now, the selections of tea... if you would come and take a look, it's sorted and labeled - white, green and black, followed by flavour types. I also have some Rooibos, which I find pleasantly calming in the evening. Please, pick a type, or a blend of several, while I find a pair of strainers."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:29 am

Colin nodded, "Of course - but if you see Adley before I do, let him know I've been sufficiently cleared, would you?"

"I will do so, off course and as I am supposed to meet with my student later I might end up seeing him before you do."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He smiled thinly at the impressive library, setting his bags down on the table, "Ah, please excuse the mess; I had my apprentice's personal library delivered while I was in Chicago; I don't quite have the shelves for it yet. I'll have to catalogue them carefully."

"That is quite understandable Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and smiled. Master Tolle looked over the books.
"Your student seam to have a quite impressive library Mr Wainwright, whoever trained her among the Nephandi have been generous."
He said and nodded.
"Some of these volumes are quite valuable."

He sighed softly at the sight of Jareth with the ladle, as he made his way toward the tea rack, "Honoured Quaesitors, meet Jareth, son of Mr. Ackerman, one of Boston's Verbena. Now, the selections of tea... if you would come and take a look, it's sorted and labeled - white, green and black, followed by flavour types. I also have some Rooibos, which I find pleasantly calming in the evening. Please, pick a type, or a blend of several, while I find a pair of strainers."

"Well I have always enjoyed to mix Rooibos with black tea in the evening."
Udella said and smiled as Master Tolle looked over the teas and choose green tea.
"I am partial to green tea Mr Wainwright, especially if there is a squese of lemon in it."
He said. Jareth abandoned the ladle and he flapped his wings and jumped up on the table and he turned his head on the side and cooed, clearly thinking he deserved some petting.
"The bird is quite adorable."
Udella said and smiled, Jared looked at her and hooted clearly agreeing with the elderly Quesitor.

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the afternoon.)

"Hrm," he frowned. "I think I know why, unfortunately...it would be good to talk to me or our cabal leader before any actions regarding that particular issue is taken. I can tell you and the Master Verbena together." He erased what he wrote and put the tablet back.

"I have no authority to take any action what so ever when it comes to Cecilia all I can do is offer my help. I am concerned though since whatever is wrong with her head, my magick just do not pick it up, but I can wait until you can inform me and Master Nassa on what you think might be the matter."
Ingmar said and frowned.

"Thank you again for your help."

"Don't mention it after all I have this magick for a reason, it is just as well I can find ways to put it to good use."
The Verbena said and shrugged.

"Hey, yeah. And you as well, can I come in for a few moments?"

"Yes off course, please come in, sorry aout the mess."
Henrietta said and she opened the door more and led you inside, her living room had gray painted walls and black furniture, on the walls hung several posters of horror movies, and a picture of a large, kind looking young man, there where black bookshelves along one well filled with books, movies and comic books. On the table lay several issues of Gothic Beauty as well as a magazine about computer games. Cecilia where on the sofa, the hedge wizard sat up when she saw you and she gave you a tired smile.
"Hi Sir."
Cecilia said.
"Would you like a cup of coffee?"
Henrietta offered.
"I have a pot on anyway and it is allmost ready."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:27 pm

"I will do so, off course and as I am supposed to meet with my student later I might end up seeing him before you do."
Jeffry said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "Thank you, Sir. I'll see you tomorrow."

"That is quite understandable Mr Wainwright."
Udella said and smiled. Master Tolle looked over the books.
"Your student seam to have a quite impressive library Mr Wainwright, whoever trained her among the Nephandi have been generous."
He said and nodded.
"Some of these volumes are quite valuable."
Colin smiled thinly, "Her mentor was the Prelate of Chicago's troublesome Labyrinth. His name was Gabriel, and I snuck up behind him and bisected him with a shotgun. For all the ways he was a monster, though, he was genuinely fond of little Devourer of Fetuses, as he named her. Even if he mentally scarred her for life by forcing her to watch his hobby: recreational lobotomy. Yes, I am aware her library is quite valuable; he gave her nothing else to do with her spare time... so he was generous with books on magic. I expect we'll be able to provide Anna with a nice little nest egg by making copies of some of her books for sale - unless that is a copyright issue?"
He grinned, "Also, I have obtained a single book which may be worth more on its own than Anna's entire collection put together - a primary copy of The Creation of the Mage's Child, supplemented with assorted related texts. I'm going to have to have that one translated - the Latin is fine, but the Arabic is all Greek to me."

"Well I have always enjoyed to mix Rooibos with black tea in the evening."
Udella said and smiled as Master Tolle looked over the teas and choose green tea.
"I am partial to green tea Mr Wainwright, especially if there is a squese of lemon in it."
He said. Jareth abandoned the ladle and he flapped his wings and jumped up on the table and he turned his head on the side and cooed, clearly thinking he deserved some petting.
"The bird is quite adorable."
Udella said and smiled, Jared looked at her and hooted clearly agreeing with the elderly Quesitor.
He nodded and found the strainers and a teaspoon in the drawer, then scooped up the chosen blends with practiced precision, "Black and Rooibos for you, Master Adimari, and green tea with lemon for you, Master Tolle. And I'm sure Jareth will let you pet him where he sits, Master Adimari."
He grinned and retrieved a bit more of the meat strips for Jareth, "Besides, I've hardly been in to feed him all day, the poor guy must be getting hungry as well as bored."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Colin nodded, "Thank you, Sir. I'll see you tomorrow."

That you will, good evening Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said then he added.
"Ah one thing when you sent an electronic letter to Adley, tell him that while his help would be appriciated if there is no time to both help me with interrogating the spirit that attacked Captain Welder and be there for Miss Alexander's operation, then he should go to his Cabalmate, I can manage alone, though I will need someone trustworthy to stand guard with a dose of the damnable serum ready just in case the entity manage to possess me as well, we do not want it to have accsess to my magick, just in case it leaves me just enough will to use it. I do not think it will be able to get past my personal wards but better safe than sorry."
He said and frowned.

Colin smiled thinly, "Her mentor was the Prelate of Chicago's troublesome Labyrinth. His name was Gabriel, and I snuck up behind him and bisected him with a shotgun. For all the ways he was a monster, though, he was genuinely fond of little Devourer of Fetuses, as he named her. Even if he mentally scarred her for life by forcing her to watch his hobby: recreational lobotomy. Yes, I am aware her library is quite valuable; he gave her nothing else to do with her spare time... so he was generous with books on magic. I expect we'll be able to provide Anna with a nice little nest egg by making copies of some of her books for sale - unless that is a copyright issue?"

"That is quite a hobby it can not have been easy for the young girl, I can imagine that will leave some mental scars indeed, have you considered getting her some theraphy I hear that have become common these days."
Master Tolle said then he nodded.
"Ah yes that is always a dificult balance with apprentices, one want them to excell at magick while at the same time have the opertunity to be children, perhhaps that is why I have always favored older students than what the Order usually takes, especially now with my mind as....rigid as it is this have comebome more important than ever."
The old Quesitor continued.
"No there are no copyright in mage society, not as such though it would be considered to be very bad form and could be seen as a grave insult not to include the author's name on a book so copying books and selling them are allowed."
He confirmed and nodded.
"And yes that could build up a nice nest eg for the child."

He grinned, "Also, I have obtained a single book which may be worth more on its own than Anna's entire collection put together - a primary copy of The Creation of the Mage's Child, supplemented with assorted related texts. I'm going to have to have that one translated - the Latin is fine, but the Arabic is all Greek to me."

Master Tolle raised an eyebrow.
"Hum...that would indeed be a most valuable and rare book, as for Arabic I do believe Master Morgan speak said language fluently, at least his mother did when she lived on Horizon and he was a child."

He nodded and found the strainers and a teaspoon in the drawer, then scooped up the chosen blends with practiced precision, "Black and Rooibos for you, Master Adimari, and green tea with lemon for you, Master Tolle. And I'm sure Jareth will let you pet him where he sits, Master Adimari."

Master Tolle nodded and Udella smiled.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, that will be lovely."
She said then she reached out with her hand and gently petted Jareth on the head, the owl closed his eyes and seamed to smile the way owls seamed to and he seamed to indeed enjoy being petted.
"What a good boy you are."
Udella said and Jareth pressed his hand against her hand happily.

He grinned and retrieved a bit more of the meat strips for Jareth, "Besides, I've hardly been in to feed him all day, the poor guy must be getting hungry as well as bored."

Jareth jumped around to face you when he smelled food and he opened his beak and cooed happily quite ready for something to eat and Udella let out a amused luagh.
"My my is not he fond of food."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:34 pm

Anja's Post:
"Well that makes allot of sense."
Fran said and nodded.
"I have tried to maintain my car with magick but perhaps I should take it to a shop and have such a layer of sealant applied to the underside, especially for the autumn with all the rain."

'What is it about turning to magick for every single damn thing when there's a perfectly decent normal option?' Nicole said, shaking her head a little. 'But getting the sealant done now is sound, 'specially if it's an older car which you wanna keep for a few more years yet. I mean, we are in the middle of the Saltbelt and the snows and storms are on their way.'

Anja's Post:
"That would be fine, what I react to is when you pay for a part, and then there is a minor installation you can see them work for five minutes and then they take 500 dollars for the job, that is a bit stiff houerly pay."
Fran said and frowned.

'Can't comment on the details, but think that needs explaining.' she said, continuing to keep aware of their surroundings as they headed towards their destination. 'First, some parts ain't cheap; 'specially if it's electrical or fucking German. Next, the shop takes a deep cut of that; the average shop has loads of gear - might have two grand of tools just for Saabs or whatever - and then there's the usual rent and all that. Some of the better shops provide health insurance for us and trains kids too, which knocks up the price a bit. But your main bitch is all about the "job book".'

'Truthfully, most mechanics are paid by job, not by the hour. The book tells us what each job would take in hours by an average mechanic with no surprises. So the book says doing the exhaust is three hour, so there's my forty-five bucks in pocket. Now, if I can do it in two hour 'cos I'm good, I'm still paid three - that "free" hour is my reward for my skill to do another job. Many of the top-rate mechanics are "working" over a hundred hours a week in fifty real ones.'

'But, it goes the other way too. If the job is dealing with some weird Euro Ford, some Friday afternoon Plymouth or a plain evil Audi you still get charged three hour even if I've gotta spend another three hour digging out the special gear and reading Haynes.'

Anja's Post:
"The Labyrinth is gone and our Chantry had no losses so yes they are happy about that, it could have gone allot worse and for some of the other Chantries it did."
The Euthanathos said sadly.
"Bloody Nephandi why do they have to ruin it for everyone else?"

'Think that's the kind of shit they do.' Nicole commented wryly. 'How many did the other places lose?'

[Has Nick gone back in time? She's gone back to 6-30 when the post before had her 7-30. Plus, I think it's now 'evening'].
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:41 pm

That you will, good evening Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said then he added.
"Ah one thing when you sent an electronic letter to Adley, tell him that while his help would be appriciated if there is no time to both help me with interrogating the spirit that attacked Captain Welder and be there for Miss Alexander's operation, then he should go to his Cabalmate, I can manage alone, though I will need someone trustworthy to stand guard with a dose of the damnable serum ready just in case the entity manage to possess me as well, we do not want it to have accsess to my magick, just in case it leaves me just enough will to use it. I do not think it will be able to get past my personal wards but better safe than sorry."
He said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "I can let him know... Any particular assistants in mind? If not for the... circumstances, I would have suggested your youngest apprentice, but... In any case, I will send Adley a message once the Quaesitor's needs are met."

"That is quite a hobby it can not have been easy for the young girl, I can imagine that will leave some mental scars indeed, have you considered getting her some theraphy I hear that have become common these days."
Master Tolle said then he nodded.
"Ah yes that is always a dificult balance with apprentices, one want them to excell at magick while at the same time have the opertunity to be children, perhhaps that is why I have always favored older students than what the Order usually takes, especially now with my mind as....rigid as it is this have comebome more important than ever."
The old Quesitor continued.
"No there are no copyright in mage society, not as such though it would be considered to be very bad form and could be seen as a grave insult not to include the author's name on a book so copying books and selling them are allowed."
He confirmed and nodded.
"And yes that could build up a nice nest eg for the child."
Colin nodded, "Hum, Lady Crexia has a very practical method to stave off the rigidity - by deliberately learning a new skill set every few years. In fact, she'll be accepting an apprenticeship in my silver shop. You might find adopting her practice beneficial; besides, a mind as well organized as yours might even quickly find new methods to apply to your repertoire in the field of law, as well. That is, of course, not to suggest that you should come work in my silver shop - but learning a craft can often provide the mental calisthenics needed to relax and refresh your mind more easily."

Master Tolle raised an eyebrow.
"Hum...that would indeed be a most valuable and rare book, as for Arabic I do believe Master Morgan speak said language fluently, at least his mother did when she lived on Horizon and he was a child."
He nodded, "I believe Master Morgan's apprentice - my Cabalmate - Mr. Roth Hicks will be quite able to help translate, as well. The young man is a linguistics teacher, and I'm not ashamed to say that his skills in that field far outstrip mine. Besides, there's a ritual in the book to summon a Psychopomp; that alone makes the book likely to be simply deemed priceless. Especially if it works..."

Master Tolle nodded and Udella smiled.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, that will be lovely."
She said then she reached out with her hand and gently petted Jareth on the head, the owl closed his eyes and seamed to smile the way owls seamed to and he seamed to indeed enjoy being petted.
"What a good boy you are."
Udella said and Jareth pressed his hand against her hand happily.
He grinned, "He's not just a good boy, he's a surprisingly clever lad who knows he's adorable enough to get away with almost anything. Note how he's bravely battled my skillet, but hasn't harmed the stacks of books, or the jars of marbles."

Jareth jumped around to face you when he smelled food and he opened his beak and cooed happily quite ready for something to eat and Udella let out a amused luagh.
"My my is not he fond of food."
He smiled, "He's got the healthy hunger of a wild predator - there's not a tame bone in his fluffy little body, and I'm quite happy to keep it that way."
He gestured to the door, "Now, if you'll follow me back to the common room, I'll put the kettle on and serve you some of that stew you were promised."
He let them out, and offered Udella his arm on the way down the stairs.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:22 pm

"I have no authority to take any action what so ever when it comes to Cecilia all I can do is offer my help. I am concerned though since whatever is wrong with her head, my magick just do not pick it up, but I can wait until you can inform me and Master Nassa on what you think might be the matter."
Ingmar said and frowned.

"I hear you," he said, then wrote out, 'I suspect, based on what I was told by Colin, that the serum was used on her during the experiments. He said it may have poor long term implications on people, especially mages, if they use it longer than two or three days. I was hoping that as a hedge wizard it would not affect her as much, but it seems that is not the case. The reason your magick may not work has to do with a component of the serum being Premium. I honestly do not understand everything, Colin has a better grasp on what it is but that is the gist. I have not yet told her as I didn't know for sure but I will have to discuss this with my mentor too'

"Yes off course, please come in, sorry aout the mess." Henrietta said and she opened the door more and led you inside

He nodded and took a glance around as he walked inside. He'd never been in her room before and had never seen a room with such decor before.

"Hi Sir."
Cecilia said.

"Hello, I hope you got some rest."

"Would you like a cup of coffee?"
Henrietta offered.
"I have a pot on anyway and it is allmost ready."

"That would be most welcome. Thank you. May I sit down?" he asked. "We should talk for a few minutes, so that when I go to my next meeting I know how to proceed." he said. "I hate to rush such an important decision but there's not much choice."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:23 pm

"That are prettu useful magick good luck with that Sir."
Anna said and she smiled.
"I am sure what you can already do helps though, every type of magick is useful Sir one just need to know how to use it right."

"That's easy to say. Knowing your use is the hard part and perhaps accepting it is even harder." Serge said with a shrug. "Still your right. We have strengths and weakness that we should play too."

"Well if you are in danger of dying from your fantasies and they can actually hurt you then I recomend developing methods to control said fantasies Sir."
Anna said and she raised an eyebrow.

"I can already control every aspect of my dreams with a simple thought. Change the setting, the monsters, and who I'm fighting with. But if I constantly just 'thought' myself out of danger where would be the fun in that?" Serge said with a shrug. "Also it's a different story if my Avatar is the one controlling the dream. Than I sorta loose the reigns for the fantasy."

"She is so cute...look at her tail is not not cute Sir?"
Jane said and she pointed at Strawberry's long rat tail.
"I want to put a bow on it."
The little girl exclaimed. The other girls where forgetting their icecream to pet and play with the little white rat. Rosa walked over to you and smiled a little.
"Well yes Cousin that is kind of cool. Well at least the girls are having fun and it do not seam like Strawberry mind their attentions.

"It's nice to have something new to do for the girls. Variety helps stave off boredom." Serge said to Rosa with a smile as he began doodling away in the sketchbook. He was drawing the small white mouse with a bow on her head just as Jane had wanted.

"How about you Rosa? You've been looking after the girls for a long time. Are you having fun?" Serge asked,
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:11 pm

Colin nodded, "I can let him know... Any particular assistants in mind? If not for the... circumstances, I would have suggested your youngest apprentice, but... In any case, I will send Adley a message once the Quaesitor's needs are met."

"I have little doubt that the boy would doze himself with the serum if it meant saving the Chantry but there is something else to do so to another, I will need someone who will not hesitate and who knows it is better to react a little to soon than to late I will find someone that can help."
Jeffry said.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright."

Colin nodded, "Hum, Lady Crexia has a very practical method to stave off the rigidity - by deliberately learning a new skill set every few years. In fact, she'll be accepting an apprenticeship in my silver shop. You might find adopting her practice beneficial; besides, a mind as well organized as yours might even quickly find new methods to apply to your repertoire in the field of law, as well. That is, of course, not to suggest that you should come work in my silver shop - but learning a craft can often provide the mental calisthenics needed to relax and refresh your mind more easily."

"We both know it is not just Static Resonance that have made me as I am Mr Wainwright, performing a Gilgul comes with a cost, as it should, and I have performed that ritual...far to many times, I am a part of most of them, partly to save others from that cost and partly because I am frankly good at it meaning it will be quicker for the condamend and that is all that can be done to show mercy during the rite, to make sure it is quick, no my good man, I am afraid it is far to late for me to follow Lady Crexia's example."
Master Tolle said without a hint of emotion in his voice and Udella shuddered slightly at his words.

He nodded, "I believe Master Morgan's apprentice - my Cabalmate - Mr. Roth Hicks will be quite able to help translate, as well. The young man is a linguistics teacher, and I'm not ashamed to say that his skills in that field far outstrip mine. Besides, there's a ritual in the book to summon a Psychopomp; that alone makes the book likely to be simply deemed priceless. Especially if it works..."

"No one have seen a Psychopomp in a long time Mr Wainwright so doing so would be quite an acomplishment if it is even possible, that book where written long before they left our world, but I wish you good luck with the translation of the book regardless."
The old Quesitor said and nodded.

He grinned, "He's not just a good boy, he's a surprisingly clever lad who knows he's adorable enough to get away with almost anything. Note how he's bravely battled my skillet, but hasn't harmed the stacks of books, or the jars of marbles."

"So I see, perhaps he knows what he can play with and not destroy and what he can leave alone, quite cleaver indeed."
Udella said and smiled.

He smiled, "He's got the healthy hunger of a wild predator - there's not a tame bone in his fluffy little body, and I'm quite happy to keep it that way."

Udella smiled at that.
"He is free, not a pet, not property, he is a friend and yes he should remain so."
She agreed.

He gestured to the door, "Now, if you'll follow me back to the common room, I'll put the kettle on and serve you some of that stew you were promised."
He let them out, and offered Udella his arm on the way down the stairs.

Udella leaned on you a little as you escorted her down to the common room, the old Quesitor was tired, magickally she was a powerhouse but she still had the body of a very old woman and this had been a long day and she needed rest.

[Nicole] (On the road in Boston at 7 30 in the evening.)

What is it about turning to magick for every single damn thing when there's a perfectly decent normal option?' Nicole said, shaking her head a little.

"Well we are mages we might as well use it."
Fran said and smiled.
"It is what define us."

'But getting the sealant done now is sound, 'specially if it's an older car which you wanna keep for a few more years yet. I mean, we are in the middle of the Saltbelt and the snows and storms are on their way.'

"I work as a cashier in a store and supplement my income by having a Etsy shop where I sew custom clothing for pepole, I can hardly afford to get a new car so I am afraid it is quite old and will have to last for a while longer."
The Euthanathos said.
"I will make an apoinemtnt with local shop to have my car seen to."

'Can't comment on the details, but think that needs explaining.' she said, continuing to keep aware of their surroundings as they headed towards their destination. 'First, some parts ain't cheap; 'specially if it's electrical or fucking German. Next, the shop takes a deep cut of that; the average shop has loads of gear - might have two grand of tools just for Saabs or whatever - and then there's the usual rent and all that. Some of the better shops provide health insurance for us and trains kids too, which knocks up the price a bit. But your main bitch is all about the "job book".'

'Truthfully, most mechanics are paid by job, not by the hour. The book tells us what each job would take in hours by an average mechanic with no surprises. So the book says doing the exhaust is three hour, so there's my forty-five bucks in pocket. Now, if I can do it in two hour 'cos I'm good, I'm still paid three - that "free" hour is my reward for my skill to do another job. Many of the top-rate mechanics are "working" over a hundred hours a week in fifty real ones.'

'But, it goes the other way too. If the job is dealing with some weird Euro Ford, some Friday afternoon Plymouth or a plain evil Audi you still get charged three hour even if I've gotta spend another three hour digging out the special gear and reading Haynes.'

"Ok I know I am being a little hypocritical now for I have had others ask similar questions about what I charge at my store for making something for them, when they do not realize that I have to figurein the cost of my sewing machines, and all the other tools and equipment I need to make custom clothing into my prices in order to make a profit, I mean one thing are for Chantrymates like you I make things for free for you guys for we are supposed to help one another, but for strangers I do charge so I get the idea of the cost of materials and such, but it is still somewhat irritating when prices are that unclear for often the bill will say how much the actual parts cost and then you can see someone working actually five minutes and they take 500 bucks for the work and then it gets a bit extreme. I get the idea of paying for every started hours, like when I go to my doctor, I pay the same if I take up the entire alloted time or if I just need my perscription for eye drops refilled, but yeah...it is just hard to get my head around that is all."
She said and sigh.

'Think that's the kind of shit they do.' Nicole commented wryly. 'How many did the other places lose?'

"All in all the Tribunal lost 11 magi spread over the other Chantries...that is allot of funerals to go to."
The Euthanathos said and sigh.

(OOC: Ooopsie.)

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 7 30

"I hear you," he said, then wrote out, 'I suspect, based on what I was told by Colin, that the serum was used on her during the experiments. He said it may have poor long term implications on people, especially mages, if they use it longer than two or three days. I was hoping that as a hedge wizard it would not affect her as much, but it seems that is not the case. The reason your magick may not work has to do with a component of the serum being Premium. I honestly do not understand everything, Colin has a better grasp on what it is but that is the gist. I have not yet told her as I didn't know for sure but I will have to discuss this with my mentor too'

Ingmar frowned at that.
"Primium that would explain why I find myself unnable to read her life patters when it comes to her brain, that is quite nasty then, it will have to be dealt with. I am going to have to discuss this with Mr Wainwright then, also remind me never to get injected with that shit!"
The Verbena grumbeled.

"Hello, I hope you got some rest."

"I did Sir, thank you."
Cecilia said and she gave you a nervous little smile.

"That would be most welcome. Thank you. May I sit down?" he asked. "We should talk for a few minutes, so that when I go to my next meeting I know how to proceed." he said to Cecelia.

"Off course, sit please I will get the coffee...and you Cecilia do you want a cup?"
Henrietta said and smiled Cecilia looked a bit uneasy at being served by others.
"That would be nice, but I can...can go and get it for you guys I..."
Henrietta shook her head.
"No worries just sit I will get it."
She said and she went to the kitchen. Cecilia turned to you and nodded when you spoke.
"Off course Sir...we can talk what do you wish to know?"
The hedge wizard asked nervously.

"That's easy to say. Knowing your use is the hard part and perhaps accepting it is even harder." Serge said with a shrug. "Still your right. We can only do what we can."

"My Mentor seamed quite ready to trust you with me, it seams some of those at the Chantry find you useful at least."
Anna said and smiled.
"Perhaps the problem is not your ability it is your confidence Sir."

"I can already control every aspect of my dreams with a simple thought. Change the setting, the monsters, and who I'm fighting with. But if I constantly just 'thought' myself out of danger where would be the fun in that?" Serge said with a shrug. "Also it's a different story if my Avatar is the one controlling the dream. Than I sorta loose the reigns for the fantasy."

Yu Die looked rather uneasy at what you where saying about Mind magick and Anna seamed to notice and she quickly changed the topic.
"You have had a Seeking then Sir? Those can be interesting, always challange but they are still a good thing."
The young Orphan commented.

"It's nice to have something new to do for the girls. Variety helps stave off boredom." Serge said to Rosa with a smile as he began doodling away in the sketchbook. He was drawing the small white mouse with a bow on her head just as Jane had wanted.

"Well they certinly are not bored, but tey have been easy to entertain, some paper and some crayons and they are quite busy."
Rosa said sounding amused as she looked at the girls playing with Strawberry.

"How about you Rosa? You've been looking after the girls for a long time. Are you having fun?" Serge asked,

"The Chantry have been at war, my Mentor and my friends ahe been in mortal danger, no I have not had fun, but watching the girrls have been a satisfying job and they are adorable children and that they have been less scared have made me feel like I have done a good job and been useful in all of this."
Rosa said and smiled.
"It makes me think that one day when my apprenticeship is over, if I find someone to love, perhaps I would like to have a child myself one day."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:39 pm

Ingmar frowned at that. "Primium that would explain why I find myself unnable to read her life patters when it comes to her brain, that is quite nasty then, it will have to be dealt with. I am going to have to discuss this with Mr Wainwright then, also remind me never to get injected with that shit!" The Verbena grumbeled.

He nodded, looking a bit worried at what he said to him.

"I did Sir, thank you." Cecilia said and she gave you a nervous little smile.

"Good."

"Off course, sit please I will get the coffee...and you Cecilia do you want a cup?" Henrietta said and smiled Cecilia looked a bit uneasy at being served by others.
"That would be nice, but I can...can go and get it for you guys I..." Henrietta shook her head. "No worries just sit I will get it." She said and she went to the kitchen

"Just rest for now, you've had a long...night."

"Off course Sir...we can talk what do you wish to know?" The hedge wizard asked nervously

"I wanted to know if you both had a chance to discuss the possibility of an apprenticeship/mentorship relationship. I would like to know, so I can set up this in a formal contract and I do believe then that you should be involved in penning it then if possible," he said glancing at Henrietta.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:00 pm

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the evening)

He nodded, looking a bit worried at what he said to him.

"All we can do is try to find a solution, if the Primium got into her head then I am sure we can get it out as for the other injuries, I could heal some of them but I would prefer to hand the task over to someone more experienced to make sure there are no fuck ups."
Ingmar said and nodded before he left.

"Just rest for now, you've had a long...night."

"I...but I was captured I am...property, nothing more should not I be getting the drinks?"
Cecilia asked sounding confused.

"I wanted to know if you both had a chance to discuss the possibility of an apprenticeship/mentorship relationship. I would like to know, so I can set up this in a formal contract and I do believe then that you should be involved in penning it then if possible," he said glancing at Henrietta.

"We did talk about it and Cecilia seams positive to it."
Henrietta said as shecame over to the living room table and she set a tray with three coffee cups, a mug of cream and a small skull bowl with sugar on the table, the cup she handed you had a spooky castle on it, her own cup had the text "normal pepole scare me" and the one she handed Cecilia had a black kitten playing with a tiny skull.
"I certinly would not mind becoming an apprentice."
Cecilia said and smiled.
"I would love to learn more Sir."
She added and Henrietta said.
"I have spoken with Bianca, she have said that if I Awaken and the effort to let me keep my linear magic fail then she will tend to Cecilia until a new Hollower teacher can be found for her, as an added insurance."
Henriatta said as she sat down and sipped her coffee.
"So taking her as my student should go well, and if nothing else perhaps I will get the chance to teach some of what I know before I Awaken and have to start all over again."
She said and frowned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:05 pm

Anja's Post:
"Well we are mages we might as well use it."
Fran said and smiled.
"It is what define us."

'A predictable reply. Predictable means the enemy will plan for it. Knack in battle is to do what they don't expect. Like when I kicked that woman in the head then tackled that guy earlier.' the large woman retorted in matter-of-fact way.

Anja's Post:
"Ok I know I am being a little hypocritical now for I have had others ask similar questions about what I charge at my store for making something for them, when they do not realize that I have to figurein the cost of my sewing machines, and all the other tools and equipment I need to make custom clothing into my prices in order to make a profit, I mean one thing are for Chantrymates like you I make things for free for you guys for we are supposed to help one another, but for strangers I do charge so I get the idea of the cost of materials and such, but it is still somewhat irritating when prices are that unclear for often the bill will say how much the actual parts cost and then you can see someone working actually five minutes and they take 500 bucks for the work and then it gets a bit extreme. I get the idea of paying for every started hours, like when I go to my doctor, I pay the same if I take up the entire alloted time or if I just need my perscription for eye drops refilled, but yeah...it is just hard to get my head around that is all."
She said and sigh.

'So it took five minutes for an hour book job... what's not to say it only took that much time 'cos the mechanic had twenty-plus year experience and knew straight off what was wrong when the "average" mechanic would have spent fifty-five mins playing around with with the diagnostic computer and swapping around parts to work out what the problem was? In fact, the veteran might have saved you a lot of green for parts you didn't need.' Nicole retorted. 'The "book job" system ain't perfect, but it does at least stop work-hour padding, a way to reward the good mechanics and stop folk getting stung for mystery jobs which eat fucking gobs of time.'

'Not that we see much of that five hundred. After deductions and all that, I usually get around seventeen bucks an hour. Well, book-hour. Have to supply my own tools and gear, which tots up when you realise at least two-fifty a year is for bras alone. Gotta pay to keep my docs current. Others need a taste; the boss, the receptionist, the kid who does the runs to get the parts. And remembering, there's times we're working on the mystery jobs which the profit from other jobs needs to cover. Nor do I get paid when there's no job, unlike a clerk who gets paid regardless how many people they have to serve.'

'Though... it all depends where you take your car to. Please, don't tell me it was the fucking [official] dealer.'

Anja's Post:
"I work as a cashier in a store and supplement my income by having a Etsy shop where I sew custom clothing for pepole, I can hardly afford to get a new car so I am afraid it is quite old and will have to last for a while longer."
The Euthanathos said.
"I will make an apoinemtnt with local shop to have my car seen to."

'And now you've found your own tame mechanic.' Nicole said with a laugh. 'Tell ya what... let's cut a deal. Once I find a decent shop myself, I'll sort out your car. All you fork out for is the parts. In return, you can sort out my wardrobe and charge me just for fabric and all that.'

Anja's Post:
"All in all the Tribunal lost 11 magi spread over the other Chantries...that is allot of funerals to go to."
The Euthanathos said and sigh.

'Are we expected to go? Shit... I hate funerals. 'Specially the ones where involve having to listen to crap about God.'

[Perhaps we can say 'evening' is so when it's dark? It would be handy to know].

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:15 pm

"I have little doubt that the boy would doze himself with the serum if it meant saving the Chantry but there is something else to do so to another, I will need someone who will not hesitate and who knows it is better to react a little to soon than to late I will find someone that can help."
Jeffry said.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright."
Colin nodded, "Perhaps Mr. King, if he is available? He's got fairly keen instincts and reflexes, from what I've seen."

"We both know it is not just Static Resonance that have made me as I am Mr Wainwright, performing a Gilgul comes with a cost, as it should, and I have performed that ritual...far to many times, I am a part of most of them, partly to save others from that cost and partly because I am frankly good at it meaning it will be quicker for the condamend and that is all that can be done to show mercy during the rite, to make sure it is quick, no my good man, I am afraid it is far to late for me to follow Lady Crexia's example."
Master Tolle said without a hint of emotion in his voice and Udella shuddered slightly at his words.
He nodded thoughtfully, "True enough. All the same, the suggestion of diversifying your skill set with a craft may be beneficial to you, even in that... gruesome aspect of your work. And if you don't mind my saying so, I hope we can render that part of your duties obsolete someday... As Lady Dalisse herself stated, even the workings of the Caul can be reversed; proving this could hopefully change the standard policy..."

"No one have seen a Psychopomp in a long time Mr Wainwright so doing so would be quite an acomplishment if it is even possible, that book where written long before they left our world, but I wish you good luck with the translation of the book regardless."
The old Quesitor said and nodded.
He nodded, "If it can be done... we'll know soon enough; I allowed Fate to select one book from Dalisse's shelf - the one most useful, not financially valuable. I'm optimistic, and there's an immediate use for it."

Udella smiled at that.
"He is free, not a pet, not property, he is a friend and yes he should remain so."
She agreed.
He smiled at the happy little owl, "Precisely. Besides, I think his father might object if I went and fully domesticated the little guy. You know how Verbena can get with family."

Udella leaned on you a little as you escorted her down to the common room, the old Quesitor was tired, magickally she was a powerhouse but she still had the body of a very old woman and this had been a long day and she needed rest.
He smiled thinly, as he guided them to a vacant table in the common room, helping her into a chair, and went to put the kettle on, "Right, just a moment, and I'll see about the stew... Would you like a bowl, as well, Master Adimari?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:36 pm

"My Mentor seamed quite ready to trust you with me, it seams some of those at the Chantry find you useful at least."
Anna said and smiled.
"Perhaps the problem is not your ability it is your confidence Sir."

"I'm pretty sure Mr. Wainwright trusted that you could take care of yourself regardless of who was around you. It had nothing to do with me. He barely knows me." Serge said with a shrug without commenting on the confidence remark.

Yu Die looked rather uneasy at what you where saying about Mind magick and Anna seamed to notice and she quickly changed the topic.
"You have had a Seeking then Sir? Those can be interesting, always challange but they are still a good thing."
The young Orphan commented.

"Wow you guessed right. A fun little fantasy adventure is what I had for a seeking." Serge said with a smile noticing Yu Die's uneasiness as well and shifting gears a little. "A vicious battle with a bandit queen.....which I lost quite badly. Beat her bodyguards but couldn't land a single hit on that damn sorceress." he explained bitterly.

"Still I understood what the seeking was supposed to teach me so in the end I guess I won."

"Well they certinly are not bored, but tey have been easy to entertain, some paper and some crayons and they are quite busy."
Rosa said sounding amused as she looked at the girls playing with Strawberry.

"They are some nice kids aren't they." Serge said as he continued to draw. He had wondered if whether the kids were truly as angelic as they seemed or perhaps they were just keeping themselves busy and being quiet to make Rosa's job a little easier. They clearly knew the trouble the chantry is in trouble and they perhaps didn't want to be a burden. Although Serge quickly tucked those thoughts away as soon as they came to him. No need to overly complicate things.

"The Chantry have been at war, my Mentor and my friends ahe been in mortal danger, no I have not had fun, but watching the girrls have been a satisfying job and they are adorable children and that they have been less scared have made me feel like I have done a good job and been useful in all of this."
Rosa said and smiled.
"It makes me think that one day when my apprenticeship is over, if I find someone to love, perhaps I would like to have a child myself one day."

"That's a nice goal to look forward too." Serge said with a smile. "That's not the life for me though. I'd be a terrible parent and can't picture myself marrying anyone."

"Have you seen you mentor recently? I met up with him in the infirmary." he asked shortly afterwards.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:39 pm

"All we can do is try to find a solution, if the Primium got into her head then I am sure we can get it out as for the other injuries, I could heal some of them but I would prefer to hand the task over to someone more experienced to make sure there are no fuck ups." Ingmar said and nodded before he left.

"Understandable."

"I...but I was captured I am...property, nothing more should not I be getting the drinks?" Cecilia asked sounding confused.

"This is going to take some getting used to..."

"We did talk about it and Cecilia seams positive to it."
Henrietta said as shecame over to the living room table and she set a tray with three coffee cups, a mug of cream and a small skull bowl with sugar on the table, the cup she handed you had a spooky castle on it, her own cup had the text "normal pepole scare me" and the one she handed Cecilia had a black kitten playing with a tiny skull.
"I certinly would not mind becoming an apprentice."

"That is good to hear...I really did not want to take the alternative." He nodded thanks at the coffee and picked up the cup and drank some of it.

"I would love to learn more Sir."
She added and Henrietta said.
"I have spoken with Bianca, she have said that if I Awaken and the effort to let me keep my linear magic fail then she will tend to Cecilia until a new Hollower teacher can be found for her, as an added insurance."
Henriatta said as she sat down and sipped her coffee.
"So taking her as my student should go well, and if nothing else perhaps I will get the chance to teach some of what I know before I Awaken and have to start all over again."

"Very good...we should include that in any written documents." He scratched idly at one side of his face and pushed his hair back and pulled out the tablet. As he wrote down something, he said to Henrietta, "You and I should probably write up together the stipulations then in a draft, to help cover any loopholes and then I hope to have it looked over to make sure it's airtight as we can get it for the final article," he said to Henrietta. "I plan on having a conversation with a Quesitor soon for legal questions and what we will need to formalize this...and I believe it will be important for us to discuss this with my mentor too naturally..." He handed off the tablet to her after he finished writing, sat back and sipped the coffee. 'I understand you had her looked over for health issues which is good. There is concern that due to what happened to her and use of the serum on her she may have problems later in life from the serum and also trauma to deal with regarding hospital settings. I don't want to scare her right now but it should be discussed so that you all know what you are getting into and so we can try to provide correct support for her.' He handed over the tablet to Henrietta. "I know, archaic...consider it a quirk."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Colin nodded, "Perhaps Mr. King, if he is available? He's got fairly keen instincts and reflexes, from what I've seen."

"Perhaps so Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said.
"I am going to have to see who are available."

He nodded thoughtfully, "True enough. All the same, the suggestion of diversifying your skill set with a craft may be beneficial to you, even in that... gruesome aspect of your work. And if you don't mind my saying so, I hope we can render that part of your duties obsolete someday... As Lady Dalisse herself stated, even the workings of the Caul can be reversed; proving this could hopefully change the standard policy..."

"What a woman who have worked with the Nephandi for centuries state carry little weight Mr Wainwright I will do as the law command. I also have little time for frivilious activities and no need to learn a craft to fulfil my dutues, if I need something crafted I can pay for someone's services."
Master Tolle said sternly.

He nodded, "If it can be done... we'll know soon enough; I allowed Fate to select one book from Dalisse's shelf - the one most useful, not financially valuable. I'm optimistic, and there's an immediate use for it."

"Well shall see."
Was all Master Tolle said.

He smiled at the happy little owl, "Precisely. Besides, I think his father might object if I went and fully domesticated the little guy. You know how Verbena can get with family."

"Indeed it is better to let him come and go as he pleases."
Udella said and smiled.

He smiled thinly, as he guided them to a vacant table in the common room, helping her into a chair, and went to put the kettle on, "Right, just a moment, and I'll see about the stew... Would you like a bowl, as well, Master Adimari?"

Udella gave a sigh of relief when she got off her feet.
"Yes please, some food would be lovely Mr Wainwright."
She said and smiled warmly.

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the evening)

"Understandable."

Ingmar nodded at that.

"This is going to take some getting used to..."

Cecialia gave an uncertain smile at that but she did not respond.

"That is good to hear...I really did not want to take the alternative." He nodded thanks at the coffee and picked up the cup and drank some of it.

"I...would rather be an apprentice than be a slave, but in either case I would be fine with it as long as I got to live and you seam to be kinder than the Nephandi Sir."
Cecilia said and looked down.
"Miss Day though says she is a full member of this Chantry even if she is a hedge wizard like me, is that true?"
She asked and Henrietta smiled a ltitle at that.

"Very good...we should include that in any written documents."

"Agreed. I have a short letter from Bianca that she gave me with a signed decleration of intent in this regard in case it was needed."
Henrietta said and she put a piece of paper on the table in front of you it read.
"I consent to taking Henrietta Day's apprentice as my own until a new teacher can be foun for her if Miss Day should Awaken before her student have been initiated."
Signed Bianca Rizzo.

He scratched idly at one side of his face and pushed his hair back and pulled out the tablet. As he wrote down something, he said to Henrietta, "You and I should probably write up together the stipulations then in a draft, to help cover any loopholes and then I hope to have it looked over to make sure it's airtight as we can get it for the final article," he said to Henrietta. "I plan on having a conversation with a Quesitor soon for legal questions and what we will need to formalize this...and I believe it will be important for us to discuss this with my mentor too naturally..."

"Agreed, I have never written up a document like this before though so I would need some help I think getting it right, the Hollow Ones teach allot of things the finer points of Traditionalist politics and paperwork is not one of them, what should be in such a document Mr Roth Hicks? Also I agree about discussing this with an Enforcer and with Master Morgan."
Henrietta said and nodded.

He handed off the tablet to her after he finished writing, sat back and sipped the coffee. 'I understand you had her looked over for health issues which is good. There is concern that due to what happened to her and use of the serum on her she may have problems later in life from the serum and also trauma to deal with regarding hospital settings. I don't want to scare her right now but it should be discussed so that you all know what you are getting into and so we can try to provide correct support for her.' He handed over the tablet to Henrietta. "I know, archaic...consider it a quirk."

The Hollowever raised an eyebrow but she accepted the tablet and read wat you had written and frowned then she took the stylus and with some difficulty wrote out.
"Mr Rush said that she have damage to her spine and several inner organs, some of it healed, some of it not, there are to many puctures to her spine to count, and damage to her upper arm muscles that indicate extended use of the serum. I worry for her health what do you think we should do?"
She handed the tablet back to you.
"Sorry for the chickedn scratches, it is not exactly a way I am used to communicating."
The Hollower said and an embarrashed little smile though she also looked concerned.

"I'm pretty sure Mr. Wainwright trusted that you could take care of yourself regardless of who was around you. It had nothing to do with me. He barely knows me." Serge said with a shrug without commenting on the confidence remark.

"I took a bullet to the chest yesterday and my magick is bound down I would like to act tough but I doubt I could fight a puppy and win right now Mr Yager, my Mentor sent me here because he trusts you would not harm me and would protect me, you should learn to think higher of yourself."
Anna said sternly as she regarded you.

"Wow you guessed right. A fun little fantasy adventure is what I had for a seeking." Serge said with a smile noticing Yu Die's uneasiness as well and shifting gears a little. "A vicious battle with a bandit queen.....which I lost quite badly. Beat her bodyguards but couldn't land a single hit on that damn sorceress." he explained bitterly.

"Still I understood what the seeking was supposed to teach me so in the end I guess I won."

Anna smiled a little.
"You are a very open person are you not Sir? I would not so readily tell another of my Seekings, they would be to private to share."
The young mage commented.
"But it sounds like you had fun and that you learned something from the experience so then I guess all is good."
She added with a smile.

"They are some nice kids aren't they." Serge said as he continued to draw. He had wondered if whether the kids were truly as angelic as they seemed or perhaps they were just keeping themselves busy and being quiet to make Rosa's job a little easier. They clearly knew the trouble the chantry is in trouble and they perhaps didn't want to be a burden. Although Serge quickly tucked those thoughts away as soon as they came to him. No need to overly complicate things.

"They are kids, off course they at times get into trouble, but yes they are nice and they will grow into fine young adults soon."
Rosa said as if she knew what you where thinking.

"That's a nice goal to look forward too." Serge said with a smile. "That's not the life for me though. I'd be a terrible parent and can't picture myself marrying anyone."

"Have you seen you mentor recently? I met up with him in the infirmary." he asked shortly afterwards.

"No Cousin you would have been a wonderful father, but only if your wife could be the diceplinerian, I am not sure you would manage to say no to your kids, but for sure you would spend time with them and make them feel loved and appriciated."
Rosa said and smiled.
"And that is the most important part is it not? And yes Ryan came by earlier to say that he wa okey then he headed out again, to help someone with a time bubble or something, or at least that is what he said, not that I know what a time bubble is."
She said and she seamed to be relieved that her Mentor made it back safely.

[Nicole] (On the road in Boston at 7 30 in the evening.)

'A predictable reply. Predictable means the enemy will plan for it. Knack in battle is to do what they don't expect. Like when I kicked that woman in the head then tackled that guy earlier.' the large woman retorted in matter-of-fact way.

"Having some non magickal weapon for battle in case someone manage to stop your magick is always useful, but we where not talking about battle where we, the topic was about practical things in everyday life and you can be damn sure I will use what I got to make sure my things stay in top condition for as long as possible, to have good luck and hell even for buing out of date vegtables cheap and then reversing things so they are eadible again, there is allot of not combat, practical things magick are rather useful for you know."
Fran said and smiled.

'So it took five minutes for an hour book job... what's not to say it only took that much time 'cos the mechanic had twenty-plus year experience and knew straight off what was wrong when the "average" mechanic would have spent fifty-five mins playing around with with the diagnostic computer and swapping around parts to work out what the problem was? In fact, the veteran might have saved you a lot of green for parts you didn't need.' Nicole retorted. 'The "book job" system ain't perfect, but it does at least stop work-hour padding, a way to reward the good mechanics and stop folk getting stung for mystery jobs which eat fucking gobs of time.'

"What you say makes sense, but would you put the same to any other profession, what about a doctor for example who have been in the job for so long that he just need a quick glance at you to see what is wrong, give you the right pills and send you on the way, should he be able to take the same amount of money for a consultation as someone who works for the entire alloted time?"
The Euthanatos asked.

'Not that we see much of that five hundred. After deductions and all that, I usually get around seventeen bucks an hour. Well, book-hour. Have to supply my own tools and gear, which tots up when you realise at least two-fifty a year is for bras alone. Gotta pay to keep my docs current. Others need a taste; the boss, the receptionist, the kid who does the runs to get the parts. And remembering, there's times we're working on the mystery jobs which the profit from other jobs needs to cover. Nor do I get paid when there's no job, unlike a clerk who gets paid regardless how many people they have to serve.'

The death magus nodded at that.
"Hum...well that is not a huge houerly pay no. I guess what I am complaining over is that for allot of pepole a car is a neccesity, for me it is something that is really, really nice to have but I could get by without it but for many who have to for example find a place to live outside the city to afford rent then a car is a neccesity to get their kids to school and themselves to work and yet it often gets so expensive to keep and maintain one that it gets hard for many to get by."
She said and sigh.

'Though... it all depends where you take your car to. Please, don't tell me it was the fucking [official] dealer.'

"There is this little shop not far from the Chantry a mage from Riverside works there his name is Lars, I get my car fixed there."
Fran said.

'And now you've found your own tame mechanic.' Nicole said with a laugh. 'Tell ya what... let's cut a deal. Once I find a decent shop myself, I'll sort out your car. All you fork out for is the parts. In return, you can sort out my wardrobe and charge me just for fabric and all that.'

"I do not think anyone could claim you are tame Nicole and that is a good thing. But yes that is a good deal, we have an accord."
Fran said with a warm smile.

'Are we expected to go? Shit... I hate funerals. 'Specially the ones where involve having to listen to crap about God.'

"I would be expected to go, you just arrived here so I am sure you could get away with Chantry sitting duty, we can not just abandon the place while we all go to the funerals after all or we will come home to find Technocrats in our beds looking at our porn stashes."
Fran commented and frowned.

(OOC: I will assume it turn dark around 6. But yes it is evening.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:16 pm

"What a woman who have worked with the Nephandi for centuries state carry little weight Mr Wainwright I will do as the law command. I also have little time for frivilious activities and no need to learn a craft to fulfil my dutues, if I need something crafted I can pay for someone's services."
Master Tolle said sternly.
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Of course her statements carry little weight in Tradition Law, however, her statements do corroborate certain other observations. As for learning a craft - I would not presume to lecture you on the use of your time or other resources, I merely put it forth as an option, no offense intended. I can quite well appreciate the demands of your schedule; such a concern is part of why I became a silversmith, myself, which does allow me a bit more flexibility in determining my work hours, regardless of the flow of clients."

Udella gave a sigh of relief when she got off her feet.
"Yes please, some food would be lovely Mr Wainwright."
She said and smiled warmly.
He nodded and vanished into the kitchen, fetching two reasonably generous helpings of the stew and a few slices of bread, and returned with the meal on a tray, "Here you are, courtesy of Steelhaven Hall."
He nodded to Rodger, "A few more errands, Mr. Tasselwell - and I will be with you."

He sent off a message to Adley, 'Hearing went well; cleared of everything of concern. Will be headed down for Bee now; if you have to choose between helping that and JM with the intruder, your Mentor wanted you to prioritise Bee. He will want someone trustworthy to stand vigil over his work, though, just in case.'
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:36 am

Anja's Post:
"Having some non magickal weapon for battle in case someone manage to stop your magick is always useful, but we where not talking about battle where we, the topic was about practical things in everyday life and you can be damn sure I will use what I got to make sure my things stay in top condition for as long as possible, to have good luck and hell even for buing out of date vegtables cheap and then reversing things so they are eadible again, there is allot of not combat, practical things magick are rather useful for you know."
Fran said and smiled.

'Yeah, but it just feels... wrong. That it leads to forgetting how the world is out there.' gesturing to nothing in particular. 'Like the big-shots who forget that actually we have to go out and work and pay bills and all that.'

'I don't want to forget that. If I do, I'll forget how crushing and depressing all that shit is.' her hands gripping on the steering-wheel a little firmer here.

Anja's Post:
What you say makes sense, but would you put the same to any other profession, what about a doctor for example who have been in the job for so long that he just need a quick glance at you to see what is wrong, give you the right pills and send you on the way, should he be able to take the same amount of money for a consultation as someone who works for the entire alloted time?"
The Euthanatos asked.

'If they get to the right solution, yes.' Nicole replied firmly. 'If I - due to my skill and experience can do a job in less time than the book says, I should be rewarded for it. Nothing wrong with a better worker getting more green than a crap one. If all mechanics got paid on the time each job really took... they'd goldbrick and work just hard enough not to be fired. Why should I bust my gut when I'll get the same pay if I work at half-speed? Plus, we'd have to have fucking managers with a stopwatch and clipboards watching us all day. An utter waste of space which I'll point out you'll be paying for.'

Anja's Post:
The death magus nodded at that.
"Hum...well that is not a huge houerly pay no. I guess what I am complaining over is that for allot of pepole a car is a neccesity, for me it is something that is really, really nice to have but I could get by without it but for many who have to for example find a place to live outside the city to afford rent then a car is a neccesity to get their kids to school and themselves to work and yet it often gets so expensive to keep and maintain one that it gets hard for many to get by."
She said and sigh.

Nicole nodded to this. 'Yeah, but don't bloody blame us grease-monkeys for that. Blame the auto and parts makers, with their rip-off "unique" parts, planned obsolescence, making the docs we need copyrighted and suing anybody who tries to show 'em to indie mechanics and general shit design.'

'And... if a car is so important, wouldn't you want it done right? You don't expect fancy fine dining if the chefs are being paid minimum wage, do ya?'

Anja's Post:
"There is this little shop not far from the Chantry a mage from Riverside works there his name is Lars, I get my car fixed there."
Fran said.

'Lars? Was he the one doing a bit of basic work in the garage just before we left on the attack? Y'know, the deaf guy.'

Anja's Post:
"I do not think anyone could claim you are tame Nicole and that is a good thing. But yes that is a good deal, we have an accord."
Fran said with a warm smile.

'Tame, in the part where I'm not looking to make as much cash I can out of you. Well, don't do that anyway, but you know what I mean. I'm the one everyone asks to tag along when they go and look at a used car for sale.'ending with a grin.

Anja's Post:
"I would be expected to go, you just arrived here so I am sure you could get away with Chantry sitting duty, we can not just abandon the place while we all go to the funerals after all or we will come home to find Technocrats in our beds looking at our porn stashes."
Fran commented and frowned.

'Now that's a plan. Always end up pulling that gig anyway, I do. Have no idea why, though.' ending with a faux-curious tone with a smirk.

[Late September, dusk is around 6-30.]

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:02 am

"I...would rather be an apprentice than be a slave, but in either case I would be fine with it as long as I got to live and you seam to be kinder than the Nephandi Sir."
Cecilia said and looked down.

"On principle, I do not wish to participate in extended slavery, nor do I wish for you to be an indentured servant of mine nor anyone else. And being kinder than your average Nephandus is honestly probably not very hard..."

"Miss Day though says she is a full member of this Chantry even if she is a hedge wizard like me, is that true?" She asked and Henrietta smiled a ltitle at that.

"Yes, that is true."

"Agreed. I have a short letter from Bianca that she gave me with a signed decleration of intent in this regard in case it was needed."
Henrietta said and she put a piece of paper on the table in front of you it read.

"Good thinking," he said and nodded at the letter as he read it.

"Agreed, I have never written up a document like this before though so I would need some help I think getting it right, the Hollow Ones teach allot of things the finer points of Traditionalist politics and paperwork is not one of them, what should be in such a document Mr Roth Hicks? Also I agree about discussing this with an Enforcer and with Master Morgan."

"I've never done this either, but I assume the main points will be that I will be transferring her to your care as an apprentice, and under which laws or precedents that govern such a...transaction that apply." He frowned a bit. It still meant talking about her as if she were property, after all and he didn't like it. The alternatives were much worse though. "We will also detail particular conditionals, such as the declaration under letter and what to do as she exits out of any apprenticeship relations just to make sure that if something happens we can have a fall back. Most of this will be what we've already discussed that would keep her as safe as possible and also the chantry safe as well. But as the devil can be in the details, I would like us to try our best to be clear and forward thinking."

The Hollowever raised an eyebrow but she accepted the tablet and read wat you had written and frowned then she took the stylus and with some difficulty wrote out.
"Mr Rush said that she have damage to her spine and several inner organs, some of it healed, some of it not, there are to many puctures to her spine to count, and damage to her upper arm muscles that indicate extended use of the serum. I worry for her health what do you think we should do?" She handed the tablet back to you. "Sorry for the chickedn scratches, it is not exactly a way I am used to communicating."

"It's alright, I know most people use computers for everything. But I prefer this...and then I won't have to burn piles of scrap papers either." He read what she wrote and replied back to her. 'The Master Verbena will have to see if he can help her, but I told the healer that came here about the serum so we will have to discuss it. I am worried too though I am not sure of the best course of action yet other than that for now. She told you that she has investments?'

He sent off a message to Adley, 'Hearing went well; cleared of everything of concern. Will be headed down for Bee now; if you have to choose between helping that and JM with the intruder, your Mentor wanted you to prioritise Bee. He will want someone trustworthy to stand vigil over his work, though, just in case.'

When his phone pinged at him, he pulled it out and read the message. He let out a sigh of relief but then his expression changed to a frown again, trying to figure out what was going on now. He looked confused as he typed back. 'I can be down soon.' He looked up at the ladies and put the cup down on the table. "I'm sorry it looks like I have to cut this meeting short, though I think I have everything we absolutely needed to discuss right now. I may need you to help me write and sign that document soon though I'm not sure when," he said to Henrietta. "You gave me your number, didn't you?" he asked, just to make sure as he stood up. He cleared the writing tablet off and tucked it away. "As soon as I know when I will let you know." Then he dialled up his pater.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:18 am

I belive i can... Tane said, preparing himself for the portal he had once traversed but in the other way

You Fera know those... she was my great grandmother, my ancestor and late wielder of this artifact. She told me... this was a powerful and ancient spirit of Decay... of the normal, regular natural Decay, of the sane and dutyful wyrm before your race. It has been tortured, but spared of corruption. It looks like we should just let it rest and live to perform it's duties alone. Tane explained as they prepared themselves to go. Who is this handler?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:56 am

"I took a bullet to the chest yesterday and my magick is bound down I would like to act tough but I doubt I could fight a puppy and win right now Mr Yager, my Mentor sent me here because he trusts you would not harm me and would protect me, you should learn to think higher of yourself."
Anna said sternly as she regarded you.

"A-Alright then." Serge said a little taken aback. "I can't really doubt the word of his apprentice. You know him better than I do. I'll take your word for it." he added with a slight hint of disbelief. Mr. Wainwright had mentioned how their was an intrusion within the chantry. He couldn't help but think that he was referring to the evil air elemental. What on Earth could he do against a spirit? How was he suppose to protect anyone from it? Those thoughts raced through his mind. Still, despite the worries, it was a little nice knowing that Mr. Wainwright trusted him...even if he didn't fully understand why.  

Anna smiled a little.
"You are a very open person are you not Sir? I would not so readily tell another of my Seekings, they would be to private to share."
The young mage commented.
"But it sounds like you had fun and that you learned something from the experience so then I guess all is good."
She added with a smile.

"Why on Earth wouldn't I tell people about it? It was awesome! I'd do it again just to have another go at that damn sorceress!" Serge said with a smile. It was true that he was perhaps a bit too open with people. But he often found that when you were open about yourself other's tended to loosen their guard and open up as well.

"No Cousin you would have been a wonderful father, but only if your wife could be the diceplinerian, I am not sure you would manage to say no to your kids, but for sure you would spend time with them and make them feel loved and appriciated."
Rosa said and smiled.
"And that is the most important part is it not? And yes Ryan came by earlier to say that he wa okey then he headed out again, to help someone with a time bubble or something, or at least that is what he said, not that I know what a time bubble is."
She said and she seamed to be relieved that her Mentor made it back safely.

"You really think so? I mean I guess it would be neat but, I don't know....I'm not even sure what a real parent is supposed to act like. All of my parenting knowledge comes from television and their mostly the antagonists or comic relief in those shows." Serge said softly.

"Not only that. Who on Earth would want to marry a guy like me?" he added with a laugh as if such a fact was painfully obvious.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next