Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Page 6 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next

Go down

Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:04 am

[Colin] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the afternoon.)

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Of course her statements carry little weight in Tradition Law, however, her statements do corroborate certain other observations.

"Until I see proof I can not accept this claim Mr Wainwright."
Master Tolle said sternly.

As for learning a craft - I would not presume to lecture you on the use of your time or other resources, I merely put it forth as an option, no offense intended. I can quite well appreciate the demands of your schedule; such a concern is part of why I became a silversmith, myself, which does allow me a bit more flexibility in determining my work hours, regardless of the flow of clients."

"When I have a few moments of free time I spend that learning more magick to advance my path I have no time for a mundane craft though I am sure it is quite plesant."
The old Quesitor said as he regarded you.

He nodded and vanished into the kitchen, fetching two reasonably generous helpings of the stew and a few slices of bread, and returned with the meal on a tray, "Here you are, courtesy of Steelhaven Hall."

You got some food for the honored quests and delivered it to them. Master Tolle nodded politely as thanks and Udella smiled.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright this looks delicious."

He nodded to Rodger, "A few more errands, Mr. Tasselwell - and I will be with you."

"Ah take your time Mr Wainwright, you still have tasks that needs doing and I have the time to wait."
The Etherite said and smiled.

You heard the pling of text messages, two after one another, one was the one from Adley and the other from Mr Rush and that said.
"Do you have the time to meet with me? I need to discuss the bloody serum in relation to a patient-Rush."

[Nicole] (On the road in Boston at 7 30 in the evening.)

'Yeah, but it just feels... wrong. That it leads to forgetting how the world is out there.' gesturing to nothing in particular. 'Like the big-shots who forget that actually we have to go out and work and pay bills and all that.'

"I do not see it that way. I do not see any point in limiting the use of my own skills and abilities that I have worked hard for because not everyone have those skills. Yes I am used to magick but that do not mean I forget that not everyone do."
Fran said and shook her head.

'I don't want to forget that. If I do, I'll forget how crushing and depressing all that shit is.' her hands gripping on the steering-wheel a little firmer here.

"I have never seen the world as crushing and depressing, there are bad things as well, but for the most part I enjoy being alive in this world and I always have even if shit have happened."
The Euthanathos said and frowned.

'If they get to the right solution, yes.' Nicole replied firmly. 'If I - due to my skill and experience can do a job in less time than the book says, I should be rewarded for it. Nothing wrong with a better worker getting more green than a crap one. If all mechanics got paid on the time each job really took... they'd goldbrick and work just hard enough not to be fired. Why should I bust my gut when I'll get the same pay if I work at half-speed? Plus, we'd have to have fucking managers with a stopwatch and clipboards watching us all day. An utter waste of space which I'll point out you'll be paying for.'

"That is fair enough."
Fran said and nodded.
"You have made a good point."

Nicole nodded to this. 'Yeah, but don't bloody blame us grease-monkeys for that. Blame the auto and parts makers, with their rip-off "unique" parts, planned obsolescence, making the docs we need copyrighted and suing anybody who tries to show 'em to indie mechanics and general shit design.'

'And... if a car is so important, wouldn't you want it done right? You don't expect fancy fine dining if the chefs are being paid minimum wage, do ya?'

"I am blaming the whole system of it, but if a mechanic get about 17 dollars a hour it is pretty clear that is not where the money drain is so it is not their fault."
The death magus said and nodded.
"You know better than me where the money drains in the industry are located."

Lars? Was he the one doing a bit of basic work in the garage just before we left on the attack? Y'know, the deaf guy.'

"That is the one, he is a pretty nice guy, strange as all Etherites are, no offense...but nice."
Fran said and grinned to show she meant nothing with her comment about Etherites being strange.

'Tame, in the part where I'm not looking to make as much cash I can out of you. Well, don't do that anyway, but you know what I mean. I'm the one everyone asks to tag along when they go and look at a used car for sale.'ending with a grin.

"Thank you."
Fran said and smiled.
"I really appriciate it Nicole."

'Now that's a plan. Always end up pulling that gig anyway, I do. Have no idea why, though.' ending with a faux-curious tone with a smirk.

"Well it is an important job an someone have to do it."
Fran said.
"While I have little problem with death, or funerals for that matter, the dead deserve a good send of."

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the evening.)

"A-Alright then." Serge said a little taken aback. "I can't really doubt the word of his apprentice. You know him better than I do. I'll take your word for it." he added with a slight hint of disbelief. Mr. Wainwright had mentioned how their was an intrusion within the chantry. He couldn't help but think that he was referring to the evil air elemental. What on Earth could he do against a spirit? How was he suppose to protect anyone from it? Those thoughts raced through his mind. Still, despite the worries, it was a little nice knowing that Mr. Wainwright trusted him...even if he didn't fully understand why.

"I can not really say I know him that well Mr Yager, I just met him when I countered his spell and he shot me. He took me as his apprentice to make me a Traditionalist so I get to stand trial and not just be hauled off and Gilgulled because that would really suck."
Anna said and everyone around the room looked rather shocked and terrified at the G word.
"I am just using logic, it seams like my Mentor like me and want me to be safe, he have shown to be rather protective when a nurse tried to harm me at Morningstar, he would not leave me in your care unless he had faith in your ability Sir. Would you leave your apprentice with someone you did not trust?"

"Why on Earth wouldn't I tell people about it? It was awesome! I'd do it again just to have another go at that damn sorceress!" Serge said with a smile. It was true that he was perhaps a bit too open with people. But he often found that when you were open about yourself other's tended to loosen their guard and open up as well.

"Well I guess I am not going to judge after all I grew up in a Labyrinth we did allot of things in the hallways that would otherwise be considered private but my Seekings...no I do not think I would share those with anyone."
Anna said and looked up at you for a moment.
"But you should do whatever feel right for you Sir."

"You really think so? I mean I guess it would be neat but, I don't know....I'm not even sure what a real parent is supposed to act like. All of my parenting knowledge comes from television and their mostly the antagonists or comic relief in those shows." Serge said softly.

"Not only that. Who on Earth would want to marry a guy like me?" he added with a laugh as if such a fact was painfully obvious.

"Well for your first question, you keep them safe, give them love and attention and make sure they have what they need when it comes to food and clothes and shelter and make sure they go to school so they can make something of themselves in life, that is basically what you do. For your scond question, well a girl who share your interests for example, you are a kind kid Serge I am sure many girls would be interested."
Rosa said and smiled.

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the evening)

"On principle, I do not wish to participate in extended slavery, nor do I wish for you to be an indentured servant of mine nor anyone else. And being kinder than your average Nephandus is honestly probably not very hard..."

"To me that is a unusual prinicle Sir, no offense meant off course, why would someone not want to own someone that could be of use to them if the law allow them to do so?"
Cecilia asked as she gave you a bit of a curious look.

"Yes, that is true."

"Even if she is a hedge wizard Sir?"
Cecilia asked wide eyed.
"I am not going to say there are not discrimination Cecilia but yes hedge wizards can be full members of the Traditions, some are Custos or servants but some of us are fully initiated."
She said and Cecilia smiled a little at that.

"Good thinking," he said and nodded at the letter as he read it.

Henrietta nodded at that.

"I've never done this either, but I assume the main points will be that I will be transferring her to your care as an apprentice, and under which laws or precedents that govern such a...transaction that apply." He frowned a bit. It still meant talking about her as if she were property, after all and he didn't like it. The alternatives were much worse though. "We will also detail particular conditionals, such as the declaration under letter and what to do as she exits out of any apprenticeship relations just to make sure that if something happens we can have a fall back. Most of this will be what we've already discussed that would keep her as safe as possible and also the chantry safe as well. But as the devil can be in the details, I would like us to try our best to be clear and forward thinking."

"I can start writing up something and you can look it over then."
Henriatta suggjested.
"What will happen with her magic? Master Morgan said he would keep it blocked for a while at least but will she eventually be released for I can teach her little if she can not use magic?"
The hedge wizard asked and Cecilia looked up at this question clearly interested in the answer and worried she would not be allowed to work her craft anymore.

"It's alright, I know most people use computers for everything. But I prefer this...and then I won't have to burn piles of scrap papers either." He read what she wrote and replied back to her. 'The Master Verbena will have to see if he can help her, but I told the healer that came here about the serum so we will have to discuss it. I am worried too though I am not sure of the best course of action yet other than that for now. She told you that she has investments?'

"Well this have some style."
Henrietta said and she read what you had written then she made another somewhat clumpsy reply and handed you the tablet it said.
"We will have to discuss the serum then and also talk with Master Nassa and see what can be done. If amedical examination or treatment have to be done we have to make sure she have the support she needs to get though that with as little trauma as possible. Yes she have told me about her Investment, that do not bother me much."

When his phone pinged at him, he pulled it out and read the message. He let out a sigh of relief but then his expression changed to a frown again, trying to figure out what was going on now. He looked confused as he typed back. 'I can be down soon.' He looked up at the ladies and put the cup down on the table. "I'm sorry it looks like I have to cut this meeting short, though I think I have everything we absolutely needed to discuss right now. I may need you to help me write and sign that document soon though I'm not sure when," he said to Henrietta. "You gave me your number, didn't you?" he asked, just to make sure as he stood up. He cleared the writing tablet off and tucked it away. "As soon as I know when I will let you know." Then he dialled up his pater.

"Is everything allright Mr Roth Hicks?"
Henrietta asked and she raised an eyebrow.
"Yes sure I will start at writing up that document right now, and we are ok here for now. Cecilia need some more rest and then we will sort out the sleeping arangements so we will manage on our own. Yes I gave you my number ealier."
The Hollower said politely.

You called Jeffry and he replied and said.
"Yes it is me."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:10 am

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

I belive i can... Tane said, preparing himself for the portal he had once traversed but in the other way

"Then let us go."
Dino said and he headed for the portal.

You Fera know those... she was my great grandmother, my ancestor and late wielder of this artifact. She told me... this was a powerful and ancient spirit of Decay... of the normal, regular natural Decay, of the sane and dutyful wyrm before your race. It has been tortured, but spared of corruption. It looks like we should just let it rest and live to perform it's duties alone.

"Ah a hnored spirit then, that explained why she felt so peaceful."
Dino said and smiled.
"I see well then while this ship might serve the wyrm, we will let it be, let us return to the physical world then before we get though far into the Umbra."

Tane explained as they prepared themselves to go. Who is this handler?

"I have no idea who the handler is."
Dino said and shrugged.
"Some corrupted mage?"
He suggested before stepping through the portal.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:21 pm

[Steelhaven Hall, half past seven PM]
"Until I see proof I can not accept this claim Mr Wainwright."
Master Tolle said sternly.
Colin pondered, then found a small, clean glass jar, and scooped a small sample of Anna's sand into it, "Very well... this sand is from the future; my apprentice will shed it in the process of reverting her Avatar. It has some peculiar properties, such as giving a Mage strong flashbacks to some time in their past when they felt truly happy or safe. For Fallen, that... becomes rather the opposite; I suspect the triggered memory becomes that of the Caul instead. You are welcome to take this sample for analysis, on the condition that you keep its source a secret for now. Is that acceptable?"

"When I have a few moments of free time I spend that learning more magick to advance my path I have no time for a mundane craft though I am sure it is quite plesant."
The old Quesitor said as he regarded you.
He nodded, "It does have its advantages - but we all have different priorities."

"Ah take your time Mr Wainwright, you still have tasks that needs doing and I have the time to wait."
The Etherite said and smiled.
He nodded, "Thank you."

You heard the pling of text messages, two after one another, one was the one from Adley and the other from Mr Rush and that said.
"Do you have the time to meet with me? I need to discuss the bloody serum in relation to a patient-Rush."
He smiled and replied to Adley, 'Good, then we can try to give Bee's pieces back.'
He frowned as he replied to Rush, 'Is it urgent, and will it take long? I was just about to head downstairs to help heal Bee's Avatar - but I might have a couple of minutes. Also, if it concerns the medical aspects of the stuff, Dr. Lee might be more knowledgeable than me - being a trained physician.'
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:48 pm

Colin pondered, then found a small, clean glass jar, and scooped a small sample of Anna's sand into it, "Very well... this sand is from the future; my apprentice will shed it in the process of reverting her Avatar. It has some peculiar properties, such as giving a Mage strong flashbacks to some time in their past when they felt truly happy or safe. For Fallen, that... becomes rather the opposite; I suspect the triggered memory becomes that of the Caul instead. You are welcome to take this sample for analysis, on the condition that you keep its source a secret for now. Is that acceptable?"

Master Tolle took the glass yar and looked at the sand.
"That is quite generous Mr Wainwright and analyzing this are likely to be quite interesting, however without comparing it to your apprentice's Avatar this is not really proof of anything, I might be able to determine this came from an Avatar, and the effects you describe are facinating but that do not mean it are from your student's Gift and that it is in the process of cleansing itself."
The old Queistor said skeptically.
"If you want to prove that you would need a proper examination of the girl's soul and preferable a sample of her core Quintessence or the Avatar itself in it's current state to compare this to."

He nodded, "It does have its advantages - but we all have different priorities."

Master Tolle nodded at that.

He nodded, "Thank you."

Rodger just gave you a friendly grin and took a sip of his flask.

He frowned as he replied to Rush, 'Is it urgent, and will it take long? I was just about to head downstairs to help heal Bee's Avatar - but I might have a couple of minutes. Also, if it concerns the medical aspects of the stuff, Dr. Lee might be more knowledgeable than me - being a trained physician.'

You got a reply back.
"It is not as urgnet as helping Bee's Avatar is. And yes it is the medical aspects I an wondering about, I have a patient with plenty of scars that look to be from serum injections and something is wrong with her head, something my magick can't scan properly. I will speak with Dr Lee then. Good luck with Bee, I will be down and say hello to her later if I can."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:25 pm

Master Tolle took the glass yar and looked at the sand.
"That is quite generous Mr Wainwright and analyzing this are likely to be quite interesting, however without comparing it to your apprentice's Avatar this is not really proof of anything, I might be able to determine this came from an Avatar, and the effects you describe are facinating but that do not mean it are from your student's Gift and that it is in the process of cleansing itself."
The old Queistor said skeptically.
"If you want to prove that you would need a proper examination of the girl's soul and preferable a sample of her core Quintessence or the Avatar itself in it's current state to compare this to."
Colin nodded, "This sand is, essentially, proof of nothing more than that something ephemeral happened. And the proof of Anna's current and future state will be presented during her trial, but I'm afraid it must be kept safe until then. However, I'm sure you have better resources than I do to get analyses done on this sample of sand, to determine other properties than merely the ability to trigger memories by touch. And I suspect you might find it quite useful as a quick and simple method of determining whether an Avatar is likely to be Fallen or not."

You got a reply back.
"It is not as urgnet as helping Bee's Avatar is. And yes it is the medical aspects I an wondering about, I have a patient with plenty of scars that look to be from serum injections and something is wrong with her head, something my magick can't scan properly. I will speak with Dr Lee then. Good luck with Bee, I will be down and say hello to her later if I can."
He frowned, and messaged Ingmar back, 'It's Cecilia, is it not? You need some Hermetic lich potion; the stuff is hard to come by, but not impossible. Dr. Lee devised a treatment to dislodge the Primium particulate matter from the brain, but it is painful and slow.'

He shook his head, nodded to the Queasitors, and headed down to find Cita and Beatrice. And, presumably, Amadeus.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:52 pm

Colin nodded, "This sand is, essentially, proof of nothing more than that something ephemeral happened. And the proof of Anna's current and future state will be presented during her trial, but I'm afraid it must be kept safe until then. However, I'm sure you have better resources than I do to get analyses done on this sample of sand, to determine other properties than merely the ability to trigger memories by touch. And I suspect you might find it quite useful as a quick and simple method of determining whether an Avatar is likely to be Fallen or not."

"Very well that reasoning to give me the sample is sound I will analyze this though I have to warn you that alone it is proof of nothing but I will see what I can find out about it."
Master Tolle said and nodded.

He frowned, and messaged Ingmar back, 'It's Cecilia, is it not? You need some Hermetic lich potion; the stuff is hard to come by, but not impossible. Dr. Lee devised a treatment to dislodge the Primium particulate matter from the brain, but it is painful and slow.'

You got a reply back from Ingmar.
"It is Cecilia yes I was asked by Miss Day to have a look at her. This cure using lich blood, provided I could get any, would it involve modern medicinal equipment and methods? And what would be the result if Cecilia do not get this treatment. She have been experimented upon in horrible ways I do not think she would consent to any medical treatment."

He shook his head, nodded to the Queasitors, and headed down to find Cita and Beatrice. And, presumably, Amadeus.

The two Quesitors nodded back. On your way down to the Node you saw Bruce supporting Tobias up the stairs. The boy stopped and looked at you, he was very pale and drawn but he still looked better than he had.
"Mr Wainwright..."
He said hesitently.
"I do not know if you where told but I want to thank you...Master Telar said that the rote she used to save the voices inside of my soul came from you...those voices have been healed I am told I will recover and it is thanks to you...I owe you...everything. Right now I have nothing Sir but one day if ever you need my help, with anything that I can do then I will do so, no questions asked."
The boy promised.
"I will get to keep the being inside of me and my powers...thank you."
He said and smiled to you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:00 pm

[Tane] (Labyrinth Master Dupre's strike team, 3: 30 in the afternoon.)

Tane nodded and folowed his ally out.

"I have no idea who the handler is."
Dino said and shrugged.
"Some corrupted mage?"
Nah, Mother said "the scarred warrior" would know. That means you're not him... who do i know that is scarred, now?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:36 pm

"To me that is a unusual prinicle Sir, no offense meant off course, why would someone not want to own someone that could be of use to them if the law allow them to do so?" Cecilia asked as she gave you a bit of a curious look.

"Those laws were created in a time where slavery was commonplace; it is an exploitative and outdated system in modern times. While lawful under mage laws I do not feel it is morally correct to own another person. Instead, today for example under sleeper laws, if you were to be a house cleaner you would be compensated for your time with money because it is a job. Hardly a perfect system either but at least you would not be considered property."

"Even if she is a hedge wizard Sir?" Cecilia asked wide eyed. "I am not going to say there are not discrimination Cecilia but yes hedge wizards can be full members of the Traditions, some are Custos or servants but some of us are fully initiated."

"Some chantries are more....progressive than others. Older ones tend to be less so, but yes, she is a full member as are other hedge wizards that reside here."

"I can start writing up something and you can look it over then." Henriatta suggjested.

"Very good. Thank you."

"What will happen with her magic? Master Morgan said he would keep it blocked for a while at least but will she eventually be released for I can teach her little if she can not use magic?"

"That seems to be what we discussed," he said with a nod, glancing at Cecelia - she had been there, after all, "but those are the details we will need to confirm with him and put into writing."

"Well this have some style." Henrietta said

He drank some of the coffee and glanced around again. "You have interesting decor also. I admit I can't claim to have much style when it comes to furnishings..."

"We will have to discuss the serum then and also talk with Master Nassa and see what can be done. If amedical examination or treatment have to be done we have to make sure she have the support she needs to get though that with as little trauma as possible. Yes she have told me about her Investment, that do not bother me much."

He read over the note and nodded. "I agree."

"Is everything allright Mr Roth Hicks?"
Henrietta asked and she raised an eyebrow.

"Yes but it seems I have to juggle my priority list a bit."

"Yes sure I will start at writing up that document right now, and we are ok here for now. Cecilia need some more rest and then we will sort out the sleeping arangements so we will manage on our own. Yes I gave you my number ealier." The Hollower said politely.

"Thanks." He brought up the phone, sent a quick call to Henrietta and then hung up so she had his number. "Let me know if anything comes up please." He gave them a nod and moved towards the door.

You called Jeffry and he replied and said. "Yes it is me."

"Got a message from my amicus, so I will have to take care of that now and have not yet discussed the matter with the Master...you have a second?" he said sounding concerned. "Also, I need to make an appointment time for us and the other parties involved to sit down and write up that contract, have it examined and confirmed for legal solvency," he said, trying to keep Cecelia's business private but wanting to keep things moving so that D'Angelo didn't get their hooks in beforehand. Once he got a reply, he headed back downstairs towards the basement.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:56 pm

"Very well that reasoning to give me the sample is sound I will analyze this though I have to warn you that alone it is proof of nothing but I will see what I can find out about it."
Master Tolle said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "I also have a few rounds of ammunition made from the sand - very effective at disabling Fallen. Probably not as effective against non-Fallen."

You got a reply back from Ingmar.
"It is Cecilia yes I was asked by Miss Day to have a look at her. This cure using lich blood, provided I could get any, would it involve modern medicinal equipment and methods? And what would be the result if Cecilia do not get this treatment. She have been experimented upon in horrible ways I do not think she would consent to any medical treatment."
He frowned and replied, 'It would involve a lumbar puncture - a few drops inserted into her spinal fluid. If she's been in the monster Jace's care, I would not think convincing her would be simple.'

The two Quesitors nodded back. On your way down to the Node you saw Bruce supporting Tobias up the stairs. The boy stopped and looked at you, he was very pale and drawn but he still looked better than he had.
"Mr Wainwright..."
He said hesitently.
"I do not know if you where told but I want to thank you...Master Telar said that the rote she used to save the voices inside of my soul came from you...those voices have been healed I am told I will recover and it is thanks to you...I owe you...everything. Right now I have nothing Sir but one day if ever you need my help, with anything that I can do then I will do so, no questions asked."
The boy promised.
"I will get to keep the being inside of me and my powers...thank you."
He said and smiled to you.
He smiled to Tobias, "Master Telar told me... and I am glad you're on the mend. Just be careful, and don't get too close to any vampire blood in the future, alright?"
He turned serious, "As for the favour you promise, I'll keep that in mind. But first, I expect we'll have to find you a proper Mentor. That, however, I'm afraid I cannot help with. At the very least, your recovery is one very bright spot today; it's been a rough week for everyone. And now, I have to help heal the Avatar of a Cabalmate of mine, perhaps you've seen her?"
He nodded to Bruce, then made his way down to the Node Chamber, looking around the corridors for guards and prisoners.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:28 pm

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the afternoon.)

"Those laws were created in a time where slavery was commonplace; it is an exploitative and outdated system in modern times. While lawful under mage laws I do not feel it is morally correct to own another person. Instead, today for example under sleeper laws, if you were to be a house cleaner you would be compensated for your time with money because it is a job. Hardly a perfect system either but at least you would not be considered property."

"I can not argue against it Sir, then again slavery have been practice for by far the majority of human society, many, many thosands of years while in sleeper society it have just been outlawed for a few handfulls of deckades in the west, far fewer many other places, how do we know we are right and those who came before are wrong?"
Cecilia said and and looked down at her hands.

"Some chantries are more....progressive than others. Older ones tend to be less so, but yes, she is a full member as are other hedge wizards that reside here."

"That...that is amazing."
Cicilia said and she gave a warm smile for a moment before she looked down again. Henrietta put a hand on her shoulder.
"One day when you are fully initiated you to will be a full member of a Chantry you will see."
She said but Cecilia did not look like she believed that.

"Very good. Thank you."

"I guess I will finally find a use for the fancy letter paper the Cabal who trained me sent me last Christmas."
Henrietta said with a wry smile.

"That seems to be what we discussed," he said with a nod, glancing at Cecelia - she had been there, after all, "but those are the details we will need to confirm with him and put into writing."

"I will make sure she wins some trust so she can be allowed to use her magic it is a part of her after all."

He drank some of the coffee and glanced around again. "You have interesting decor also. I admit I can't claim to have much style when it comes to furnishings..."

"I like spooky things."
Henrietta said and she gave you a warm smile.
"I find dark things comforting, if there is darkness there have to be light, and when those dark things are stylized and harmless they are a reminder of the light."
She explained.
"I do not know how else to put it."

He read over the note and nodded. "I agree."

"Yes but it seems I have to juggle my priority list a bit."

"Very well, me and Cecilia can wait don't worry about it we are nto in a rush."
The Hollower said politely.

"Thanks." He brought up the phone, sent a quick call to Henrietta and then hung up so she had his number. "Let me know if anything comes up please." He gave them a nod and moved towards the door.

"I will do so."
Henrietta said as she noted your name on the number an filed it on her phone then she rose to walk you to the door.
"Good luck with whatever it was that came up."
She said as Cecilia gave you a nervous smile.
"Yes good luck Sir."

"Got a message from my amicus, so I will have to take care of that now and have not yet discussed the matter with the Master...you have a second?" he said sounding concerned. "Also, I need to make an appointment time for us and the other parties involved to sit down and write up that contract, have it examined and confirmed for legal solvency," he said, trying to keep Cecelia's business private but wanting to keep things moving so that D'Angelo didn't get their hooks in beforehand. Once he got a reply, he headed back downstairs towards the basement.

"I was the one who told Mr Wainwright to recomend you be at Miss Alexander's side though the operation, I can deal with the spirit I have arranged for someone to...have an emergency solution ready if the spirit should get to me, a very sickly green emergency solution. What if you telephone me once Miss Alexander's operation is done and we can have a meeting then, and also arrange the paperwork for the hedge wizard."
Jeffry said.

You headed down the stairs after the phone call. You saw Udella and Master Tolle eating by a table in the common room the two Enforcers gave you polite nods. You got to the basement and found Colin talking with Tobias on the stairs, probably the boy was being moved so he would not be scared by the operation that had to be done on Beatrice's Avatar. Tobias gave you a small wave when he saw you.
"Hi Mr Roth Hicks."
Tobias said in a tired tone of voice, he was still weak but was getting better.

Colin nodded, "I also have a few rounds of ammunition made from the sand - very effective at disabling Fallen. Probably not as effective against non-Fallen."

"So this harms Fallen by touch? Most interesting, well I guess we have prisoners enough to test it on."
He said without a int of emotion in his voice.

He frowned and replied, 'It would involve a lumbar puncture - a few drops inserted into her spinal fluid. If she's been in the monster Jace's care, I would not think convincing her would be simple.'

You got a reply back.
"I have seen the scars along her spine, yes she have been in Jace's car and no I do not think she will do this willingly, I guess it will be up to Miss Day on whatever or not we will force her if no other way can be found."

He smiled to Tobias, "Master Telar told me... and I am glad you're on the mend. Just be careful, and don't get too close to any vampire blood in the future, alright?"

"I have been informed a teacher have been found for me on some place called Horizon where there are no vampires, I am being sent there when I am well enough to travel. Master Telar recomended I live where there would be no temptations, which would mean leaving Dennis but...I...ehm..."
Tobias looked down sadly.

He turned serious, "As for the favour you promise, I'll keep that in mind. But first, I expect we'll have to find you a proper Mentor. That, however, I'm afraid I cannot help with. At the very least, your recovery is one very bright spot today; it's been a rough week for everyone. And now, I have to help heal the Avatar of a Cabalmate of mine, perhaps you've seen her?"

"Master Telar says she know of an old Bonisagus, I do not know exactly what that is but apperantly he have been looking for an apprentice and he is kind, she says I should be well enough to travel in about a week Sir."
Tobias said and smiled a little.
"Which is scary as hell but I guess it is a new start and I am so thankful that the voice inside of me will be okey. As for the person you talk about, Beatrice right, I hope she will be okey to, she looks like she is in allot of pain."

He nodded to Bruce, then made his way down to the Node Chamber, looking around the corridors for guards and prisoners.

As you were about to leave you saw Adley on his way down the stairs. Also you would be going into the magickal part of the basement, the one with the ritual rooms and the Tass storage and the Node room, so you would not be entering the part of the basement that housed the prisoners.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 pm

[Tane] (In the Umbra.)

Tane nodded and folowed his ally out.

You found yourself on a dark forest path, there where stars up ahead and a light breeze, the ship with it's flesh walls where just gone as soon as you stepped though the portal. In the distance where where some faint lights.

Nah, Mother said "the scarred warrior" would know. That means you're not him... who do i know that is scarred, now?

"No apperantly not, perhaps one of your mage friends then?"
Dino asked as he started heading towards the lights at the end of the path.
"Come along it is this way back to Boston."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:13 pm

"I can not argue against it Sir, then again slavery have been practice for by far the majority of human society, many, many thosands of years while in sleeper society it have just been outlawed for a few handfulls of deckades in the west, far fewer many other places, how do we know we are right and those who came before are wrong?"
Cecilia said and and looked down at her hands.

"There are many traditions that are long lived that have much worth, but others may need to adapt somewhat. I used to think all the old ways were best but then I realised I grew up in a much more progressive situation than I  had realised. I know I wouldn't want to be a slave."

"That...that is amazing." Cicilia said

He gave her a tired smile back.

"I guess I will finally find a use for the fancy letter paper the Cabal who trained me sent me last Christmas."
Henrietta said with a wry smile.

"That seems like a good use for it," he said.

Henrietta nodded at that. "I will make sure she wins some trust so she can be allowed to use her magic it is a part of her after all."

"Very well."

"I like spooky things."
Henrietta said and she gave you a warm smile.
"I find dark things comforting, if there is darkness there have to be light, and when those dark things are stylized and harmless they are a reminder of the light."
She explained.
"I do not know how else to put it."

"Hm, I suppose that goes with the hermetic teaching everything contains its opposite."

"I will do so."
Henrietta said as she noted your name on the number an filed it on her phone then she rose to walk you to the door.
"Good luck with whatever it was that came up."
She said as Cecilia gave you a nervous smile.
"Yes good luck Sir."

"Thank you."

"I was the one who told Mr Wainwright to recomend you be at Miss Alexander's side though the operation, I can deal with the spirit I have arranged for someone to...have an emergency solution ready if the spirit should get to me, a very sickly green emergency solution. What if you telephone me once Miss Alexander's operation is done and we can have a meeting then, and also arrange the paperwork for the hedge wizard."

"Yes, sir I will. I don't like that backup plan by the way," he said with a sigh that implied he knew it wouldn't change anything. "Until then," he said and hung up.

(Colin), 'Good, then we can try to give Bee's pieces back.'

He looked down at the message alert as he headed downstairs and then blinked. He hadn't realized that was going to happen so soon but perhaps it had to, for her sake. He put the phone away.

You headed down the stairs after the phone call. You saw Udella and Master Tolle eating by a table in the common room the two Enforcers gave you polite nods.

He gave them a bow. "Honored Quesitors," he said to them, then turned to Master Tolle, "Sir, if I may intrude on your dinner for a moment? I would like to set up an appointment later, probably sometime tonight for a legal matter. I do not wish to discuss it in public; how might I best reach you? Are you staying here for a short while to rest?" he asked.

You got to the basement and found Colin talking with Tobias on the stairs, probably the boy was being moved so he would not be scared by the operation that had to be done on Beatrice's Avatar. Tobias gave you a small wave when he saw you.
"Hi Mr Roth Hicks."
Tobias said in a tired tone of voice, he was still weak but was getting better.

"Good evening, sorry for the change of rooms. It's good to see you up and about, though. If you'll excuse me," he said sounding apologetic. He looked at Colin and stated, "I'm glad that you're...more or less okay but we're going to have to talk about what happened, later!"

// the Order technically considers apprentices property, right? Like in the old times?
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:30 pm

"So this harms Fallen by touch? Most interesting, well I guess we have prisoners enough to test it on."
He said without a int of emotion in his voice.
Colin shrugged, "Perhaps not so much 'harms' as 'temporarily paralyses'. There seems to be some amount of involuntary convulsions involved, but perhaps not direct additional physical injury. I will admit, it's an odd thing to trust a weapon based on remembering how it worked well in the future..."

You got a reply back.
"I have seen the scars along her spine, yes she have been in Jace's car and no I do not think she will do this willingly, I guess it will be up to Miss Day on whatever or not we will force her if no other way can be found."
He pondered, replying 'I may be able to find a method in the future... but I would likely have to be near her for effect. But I am afraid forcing her will be no better than letting the problem run its inevitable course.'

"I have been informed a teacher have been found for me on some place called Horizon where there are no vampires, I am being sent there when I am well enough to travel. Master Telar recomended I live where there would be no temptations, which would mean leaving Dennis but...I...ehm..."
Tobias looked down sadly.
He smiled, "I'm sure Mr. Lenoe will be quite content with knowing you're safe and healthy. He seemed quite distraught over your condition when he contacted us, after all - genuine concern."

"Master Telar says she know of an old Bonisagus, I do not know exactly what that is but apperantly he have been looking for an apprentice and he is kind, she says I should be well enough to travel in about a week Sir."
"Which is scary as hell but I guess it is a new start and I am so thankful that the voice inside of me will be okey. As for the person you talk about, Beatrice right, I hope she will be okey to, she looks like she is in allot of pain."
He nodded, "House Bonisagus of the Order of Hermes... mainly academics, i believe. Very skilled researchers, most of them; just make sure you get some practical experience alongside your theoretical work."
He frowned, "Beatrice would be in a lot of pain... the... voice inside her, as you call it, was badly injured; lost a couple of pieces. I happen to have those pieces, and with a little luck, we can get them reattached where they're supposed to be, without much further discomfort."
He smiled wryly, "There's some mockery about the efficacy of 'thoughts and prayers' on the internet, but funny enough, when Magi are involved, there's actually a bit of power involved. Spare Beatrice a thought while you're resting?"

As you were about to leave you saw Adley on his way down the stairs. Also you would be going into the magickal part of the basement, the one with the ritual rooms and the Tass storage and the Node room, so you would not be entering the part of the basement that housed the prisoners.
He looked at Colin and stated, "I'm glad that you're...more or less okay but we're going to have to talk about what happened, later!"
He nodded, "I agree, we're going to have to talk later. Perhaps after your pater has had... words with me over my seemingly rash decisions. I left a gift for you with him, by the way, courtesy of Lady Arden of Morningstar."

((OOC: Well, strictly speaking, I said Colin looked out for guards or prisoners on the way, so if he saw any on the way to the Node, he'd know something wrong was afoot. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:48 pm

"There are many traditions that are long lived that have much worth, but others may need to adapt somewhat. I used to think all the old ways were best but then I realised I grew up in a much more progressive situation than I had realised. I know I wouldn't want to be a slave."

"Well the ancient Romans said that if someone where willing to live as a slave rather than die free that is what they deserved, I did not want to be a slave but I wanted to die even less, I think that is why slavery have worked, pepole like to be alive Sir."
Cecilia said softly.

"That seems like a good use for it," he said.

"A perfect use."
Henrietta agreed and smiled.

"Hm, I suppose that goes with the hermetic teaching everything contains its opposite."

"I suppose that it do, and also I met a man who others would call a ferocious monster, and yet I knew him as a gentle soul, a light in the world."
Henrietta said and she toruched a ring set with a hematite on her finger and looked at the picture of the large man on wall sadly.

"Yes, sir I will. I don't like that backup plan by the way," he said with a sigh that implied he knew it wouldn't change anything. "Until then," he said and hung up.

"Like it? Not all all however let us say this thing if it should break down my wards and my parma are able to not just take control over my body but are able to influence my mind, I suspect you would like a out of control Master of the Art less. But yes until then mea filius."
Your Mentor said before you hung up on the call.

He gave them a bow. "Honored Quesitors," he said to them, then turned to Master Tolle, "Sir, if I may intrude on your dinner for a moment? I would like to set up an appointment later, probably sometime tonight for a legal matter. I do not wish to discuss it in public; how might I best reach you? Are you staying here for a short while to rest?" he asked.

"I had intended to return to Horizon on the prisoner transport however I can delay if my services are needed. I have a battery operated telephone, I can give you the number Mr Roth Hicks."
Master Tolle said and he removed a notebook from his robes and wrote up a phone number, thre the page out and handed it to you.

"Good evening, sorry for the change of rooms. It's good to see you up and about, though. If you'll excuse me," he said sounding apologetic. He looked at Colin and stated, "I'm glad that you're...more or less okay but we're going to have to talk about what happened, later!"

"I have gotten to the point where I do not need to be in the Node chamber and besides I heard there was food Sir."
Tobias said and smiled as Bruce continued to help him up the stairs.

Colin shrugged, "Perhaps not so much 'harms' as 'temporarily paralyses'. There seems to be some amount of involuntary convulsions involved, but perhaps not direct additional physical injury. I will admit, it's an odd thing to trust a weapon based on remembering how it worked well in the future..."

"Some experiementation will have to be done then and some analysis of the said itself."
Master Tolle said simply.

He pondered, replying 'I may be able to find a method in the future... but I would likely have to be near her for effect. But I am afraid forcing her will be no better than letting the problem run its inevitable course.'

You got a reply back.
"Then please do try. Well what will be the result if we just let it run it's cause, I agree that forcing her should be the last result but if she will die from this forcing her to keep her alive might be preferable."

He smiled, "I'm sure Mr. Lenoe will be quite content with knowing you're safe and healthy. He seemed quite distraught over your condition when he contacted us, after all - genuine concern."

"I...know that Dennis cares about me Sir, I know that and that he want me to be safe even if that involves sending me away and that if I stayed it would be to hard to resist the temptation to...drink his blood but...I will miss him terribly...I care about him...I love him I do not want to leave his side."
The boy protested sadly.

He nodded, "House Bonisagus of the Order of Hermes... mainly academics, i believe. Very skilled researchers, most of them; just make sure you get some practical experience alongside your theoretical work."

"That sounds pretty nice actually I think I could enjoy being a researcher."

He frowned, "Beatrice would be in a lot of pain... the... voice inside her, as you call it, was badly injured; lost a couple of pieces. I happen to have those pieces, and with a little luck, we can get them reattached where they're supposed to be, without much further discomfort."

"I hope you are right Sir, she where either sleeping or crying most of the time I was in the same room with her but she seam nice, I really hope she will be allright."
The young Orphan commented.

He smiled wryly, "There's some mockery about the efficacy of 'thoughts and prayers' on the internet, but funny enough, when Magi are involved, there's actually a bit of power involved. Spare Beatrice a thought while you're resting?"

"I will do so Sir, it is aout all I can do for her but I will do that."
Tobias promised.
"Poor girl."

(OOC: Yes in the second edition setting we play in apprentices are property in the Order, in the post Revised setting presented in M20 though the Traditions ahve been modernized so then things might have changed but not in the setting we play in.)

(OOC2: Sorry Warp I misread you.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:51 pm

"I can not really say I know him that well Mr Yager, I just met him when I countered his spell and he shot me. He took me as his apprentice to make me a Traditionalist so I get to stand trial and not just be hauled off and Gilgulled because that would really suck."
Anna said and everyone around the room looked rather shocked and terrified at the G word.
"I am just using logic, it seams like my Mentor like me and want me to be safe, he have shown to be rather protective when a nurse tried to harm me at Morningstar, he would not leave me in your care unless he had faith in your ability Sir. Would you leave your apprentice with someone you did not trust?"

"No I suppose not. You right. I guess Mr. Wainwright does have some ounce of faith in me." Serge said simply with a smile that hid his doubt. His mind was racing with counter-arguments. If Anna was going by logic than it was more likely that Mr. Wainwright had no other choice but to send her up here. He was busy and needed a place to send Anna quickly. After the battle many more preferable people might have been busy, injured, or tired. Sending his apprentice to Rosa might've been the only choice remaining.

Although he kept quiet and let Anna's argument win. After all their was no point in angering and arguing with people over petty issues. Especially when you were destined to befriend them.

"Well I guess I am not going to judge after all I grew up in a Labyrinth we did allot of things in the hallways that would otherwise be considered private but my Seekings...no I do not think I would share those with anyone."
Anna said and looked up at you for a moment.
"But you should do whatever feel right for you Sir."

"Well it's true that they can get personal. I'm lucky in the fact that even if I tell you what it was about, you can't really figure out what the point of it was or how it was suppose to relate to me." Serge said in an understanding voice.

"Well for your first question, you keep them safe, give them love and attention and make sure they have what they need when it comes to food and clothes and shelter and make sure they go to school so they can make something of themselves in life, that is basically what you do. For your scond question, well a girl who share your interests for example, you are a kind kid Serge I am sure many girls would be interested."
Rosa said and smiled.

"I don't think I have what it takes to maintain a stable loving relationship with anyone. I would spend way too much time on my art rather than on the person." Serge said with a chuckle. "Anyone can be kind. But few can maintain the level of responsibility and sacrifice needed to make marriage work. I've seen enough dramas to know that all kinds of things can go wrong."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:03 pm

"Well the ancient Romans said that if someone where willing to live as a slave rather than die free that is what they deserved, I did not want to be a slave but I wanted to die even less, I think that is why slavery have worked, pepole like to be alive Sir."

"The problem with that is it assumes there are no other choices other than death or slavery. Granted, in your case and in others, there probably wasn't many other choices at the time, but that's part of the issue, isn't it? The people in favor of slavery, whom it benefited, laid down the idea and laws necessary to make those the only seeming choices. Who got to be considered a citizen with rights, and who got to be a slave..and bought and sold didn't have a lot of say in changing the laws that affected them, after all. Well, we can talk about this more after some rest. I can fully understand that you wanted to live, and that if slavery seemed or was the only option then that's what you took to survive. But hopefully, that will not be the case for all your life. We shall see."

"I suppose that it do, and also I met a man who others would call a ferocious monster, and yet I knew him as a gentle soul, a light in the world."
Henrietta said and she toruched a ring set with a hematite on her finger and looked at the picture of the large man on wall sadly.

"Ah...hm," he looked at the ring and then the picture, but didn't pry.

"I had intended to return to Horizon on the prisoner transport however I can delay if my services are needed. I have a battery operated telephone, I can give you the number Mr Roth Hicks."
Master Tolle said

"I would need this matter resolved before then, sir.  Please, give me your number. I will be busy with something else for a while but after that I will contact you. It is quite important, I assure you."

I have gotten to the point where I do not need to be in the Node chamber and besides I heard there was food Sir."
Tobias said and smiled as Bruce continued to help him up the stairs.

He smiled a bit at that. "Indeed there is. Enjoy."

He nodded, "I agree, we're going to have to talk later. Perhaps after your pater has had... words with me over my seemingly rash decisions. I left a gift for you with him, by the way, courtesy of Lady Arden of Morningstar."

He raised an eyebrow at him. "It better be better than flowers, amicus." He folded his arms and said, "I think you're going to need my help to sort out that aftermath." He dropped his hands again and then said, "I was really worried about you, dammit...and also, you can take the mantle of leadership back, I only got through roughly two thirds of your to do list. But, first let's help out here..."

// did his mentor say Colin had a message for him? Can't remember now. Off to work, with a deep 'don't-wanna-workitis" going on xD
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:16 pm

Anja's Post:
"I do not see it that way. I do not see any point in limiting the use of my own skills and abilities that I have worked hard for because not everyone have those skills. Yes I am used to magick but that do not mean I forget that not everyone do."
Fran said and shook her head.

"I have never seen the world as crushing and depressing, there are bad things as well, but for the most part I enjoy being alive in this world and I always have even if shit have happened."
The Euthanathos said and frowned.

'What I mean is... well, I could, if I wanted, escape all the mundane crap. Do the whole fucking "American Dream" shit and put a load of concrete over where I came from, what it was like and those folk I know are still there.' Nicole said quietly. 'I need to be reminded of that so I don't turn into some bitch the younger me would have shot.'

Anja's Post:
"I am blaming the whole system of it, but if a mechanic get about 17 dollars a hour it is pretty clear that is not where the money drain is so it is not their fault."
The death magus said and nodded.
"You know better than me where the money drains in the industry are located."

'Yeah... the fucking Syndicate. A car can be affordable, simple to repair, made from generic parts and last over two decades if they wanted it to be. But they don't, for capitalism needs folk to constantly spend more cash on shit.'

Anja's Post:
"That is the one, he is a pretty nice guy, strange as all Etherites are, no offense...but nice."
Fran said and grinned to show she meant nothing with her comment about Etherites being strange.

'Don't look at me... most of 'em think I'm strange. Think I only scraped through 'cos they like larger labs and ships to have a couple of grunts on the roster.' ending with a little shrug. 'Asked him to see if he knew anybody on the vine that needed a mechanic. Getting the gig... another question entirely.'

Anja's Post:
"Well it is an important job an someone have to do it."
Fran said.
"While I have little problem with death, or funerals for that matter, the dead deserve a good send of."

'Yeah, but I didn't know 'em. Turning up to a funeral which I know sod all about the star attraction feels... disrespectful.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:31 pm

You got a reply back.
"Then please do try. Well what will be the result if we just let it run it's cause, I agree that forcing her should be the last result but if she will die from this forcing her to keep her alive might be preferable."
He sighed and replied, 'What would you expect to be the end result of metal particles clotting in the brain? Yet forcing her, under the circumstances, may cause stress that only makes it worse.'

"I...know that Dennis cares about me Sir, I know that and that he want me to be safe even if that involves sending me away and that if I stayed it would be to hard to resist the temptation to...drink his blood but...I will miss him terribly...I care about him...I love him I do not want to leave his side."
The boy protested sadly.
He nodded, "The hardest thing to do, often, is to send loved ones away for their safety... or to leave loved ones behind for the same reason. I'm sure you could write a note to him and have it delivered before you leave."

"That sounds pretty nice actually I think I could enjoy being a researcher."
He grinned, "I hear it's usually delightfully unexciting, up to the point where it's suddenly not anymore."

"I hope you are right Sir, she where either sleeping or crying most of the time I was in the same room with her but she seam nice, I really hope she will be allright."
The young Orphan commented.
He smiled thinly, "I've seen futures. I have faith she'll be alright."

"I will do so Sir, it is aout all I can do for her but I will do that."
Tobias promised.
"Poor girl."
He nodded, "Good man."

He raised an eyebrow at him. "It better be better than flowers, amicus." He folded his arms and said, "I think you're going to need my help to sort out that aftermath." He dropped his hands again and then said, "I was really worried about you, dammit...and also, you can take the mantle of leadership back, I only got through roughly two thirds of your to do list. But, first let's help out here..."
He grinned slyly, "Well, it's probably made from flowers, I should think... And yes, I'm going to need some help with a lot of the aftermath. As for the to-do list, you did just fine, I think... Mr. Karyak will be my headache if and when he comes home. I just hope he's delayed on his way back through the Umbra, and not getting digested by a giant polyp that felt a small stinging nuisance... Hum, I ought to speak with Coawa, as well; I understand he made it back... but that can wait until tomorrow. Tonight, I intend to give Beatrice back her shards, call two vampires about a flask of blood and a green teddy bear respectively, arrange sleeping accomodations until I can get a proper bed for Anna, and then sit down with Mr. Tasselwell and obliterate the better part of a bottle of gin. And tomorrow, I will be going shopping..."
He sighed, "I need to bring Anna along and go see Captain Welder, too... the old gang is all coming together, and I fear it is all because we are needed to make good on the promise once made..."
He chuckled softly, "Oh, and Adley? Thank you for being worried, son... That was one of the last things to go through my mind as I leapt into that oversized... organ; 'Please don't let that thing kill Adley'... I managed to sever that thing from this reality before any more lives were lost; that made the pain worth it."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:50 am

[Tane] (In the Umbra.)

Can Tane recognize something to come back, like the stars? Or do i ave to roll cosmology?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:19 am

He sighed and replied, 'What would you expect to be the end result of metal particles clotting in the brain? Yet forcing her, under the circumstances, may cause stress that only makes it worse.'

You got a reply back.
"Well if we can get the particles out then some stress should not matter. I am more concerned with the fact that this woman have been horribly abused and now that Miss Day takes her as her apprentice, if Miss Day have her held done and treated that will make it far harder for Miss Day to win Cecilia's trust."

He nodded, "The hardest thing to do, often, is to send loved ones away for their safety... or to leave loved ones behind for the same reason. I'm sure you could write a note to him and have it delivered before you leave."

"I will write him a letter Sir and I am aware that the fact that Dennis is willing to send me away for my own good show how much he cares, however I will miss him so much I do not know how to leave him, some of that is the blood bond, which will now fade but I also genuinly care for him."
Tobias said and sigh.

He grinned, "I hear it's usually delightfully unexciting, up to the point where it's suddenly not anymore."

The young Orphan gave you a rather confused look.
"I am not sure I understand what you mean Sir."

He smiled thinly, "I've seen futures. I have faith she'll be alright."

"You can tell the tell the future Sir that is cool and I am glad that Beatrice will be okey."
Tobias said and smiled.

He nodded, "Good man."

The young mage nodded at that.
"Well then I should go, good luck then Sir."
He said before Bruce helped him up the stairs.

"The problem with that is it assumes there are no other choices other than death or slavery. Granted, in your case and in others, there probably wasn't many other choices at the time, but that's part of the issue, isn't it? The people in favor of slavery, whom it benefited, laid down the idea and laws necessary to make those the only seeming choices. Who got to be considered a citizen with rights, and who got to be a slave..and bought and sold didn't have a lot of say in changing the laws that affected them, after all. Well, we can talk about this more after some rest. I can fully understand that you wanted to live, and that if slavery seemed or was the only option then that's what you took to survive. But hopefully, that will not be the case for all your life. We shall see."

Cecilia nodded at that and she looked down.
"I agree with what you are saying Sir, but I have still been told that slavery is natural, that the strong will always dominate the weak and have every right to do so. I guess that is what you get when you join an organisation that used to call itself the eaters of the weak."
She said then she looked up at you.
"But we can discuss it when it is more time Sir, forgive me I do not mean to keep you when you are busy."
She said quickly.

"Ah...hm," he looked at the ring and then the picture, but didn't pry.

Henrietta looked at the picture sadly for a while but she said nothing more about it for now.

"I would need this matter resolved before then, sir. Please, give me your number. I will be busy with something else for a while but after that I will contact you. It is quite important, I assure you."

Master Tolle nodded he handed you the note with his phone number on it.
"Very well Mr Roth Hicks, give me a call when you are free and I am sure we can arrange a meeting."
The old Quesitor said but he never smiled.

He smiled a bit at that. "Indeed there is. Enjoy."

"Thank you Sir, I have not had an appetite for many days, there have been to much pain, I am looking forward to a meal now...have a nice evening."
Tobias said and he bowed to you and Colin before Bruce helped him up the stairs.

[Adley and Colin Steelhaven 7 30 in the evening.]

Tobias and Bruce headed upstairs leaving the two of you alone in the hallway as you spoke.

(OOC: No he only said that Colin wanted him to be there for Beatrice's operation.)

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 7 30 in the evening.)

"No I suppose not. You right. I guess Mr. Wainwright does have some ounce of faith in me." Serge said simply with a smile that hid his doubt. His mind was racing with counter-arguments. If Anna was going by logic than it was more likely that Mr. Wainwright had no other choice but to send her up here. He was busy and needed a place to send Anna quickly. After the battle many more preferable people might have been busy, injured, or tired. Sending his apprentice to Rosa might've been the only choice remaining.

Although he kept quiet and let Anna's argument win. After all their was no point in angering and arguing with people over petty issues. Especially when you were destined to befriend them.

Anna regarded you for a while but she said nothing more about it, she just regarded you then she continued to try to draw marbles.

"Well it's true that they can get personal. I'm lucky in the fact that even if I tell you what it was about, you can't really figure out what the point of it was or how it was suppose to relate to me." Serge said in an understanding voice.

"I guess that all Seekings are like that Sir, they are made for the mage in question relating to what lessons that particular mage need to hearn and how he or she sees the world."
Anna said and smiled.

"I don't think I have what it takes to maintain a stable loving relationship with anyone. I would spend way too much time on my art rather than on the person." Serge said with a chuckle. "Anyone can be kind. But few can maintain the level of responsibility and sacrifice needed to make marriage work. I've seen enough dramas to know that all kinds of things can go wrong."

"Not very few Serge, most pepole have loving relationships, often these relationships eventually ends, but they are still loving while they last, and yes things can go wrong, but we are human Cousin we need love, including sacrificing of our own time for that love."
Rosa said softly.

[Nicole] (Streets of Boston at 7 30 in the evening.)

'What I mean is... well, I could, if I wanted, escape all the mundane crap. Do the whole fucking "American Dream" shit and put a load of concrete over where I came from, what it was like and those folk I know are still there.' Nicole said quietly. 'I need to be reminded of that so I don't turn into some bitch the younger me would have shot.'

"I do not see it like that, I see magick as something I have worked hard to develop so off course I will use it, just as I use my skill with a sewing machine, it do not make me forget the bad parts of my past or where I came from, it is simply something I can do now."
Fran protested.

'Yeah... the fucking Syndicate. A car can be affordable, simple to repair, made from generic parts and last over two decades if they wanted it to be. But they don't, for capitalism needs folk to constantly spend more cash on shit.'

"Yeah that is the truth, damned Technocrazy and this whole idea of consuming more and more than slowly kills our planet."
Fran said and frowned.

'Don't look at me... most of 'em think I'm strange. Think I only scraped through 'cos they like larger labs and ships to have a couple of grunts on the roster.' ending with a little shrug. 'Asked him to see if he knew anybody on the vine that needed a mechanic. Getting the gig... another question entirely.'

"I guess we are all strange."
The young Euthanathos said and grinned.
"I hope you find a job then, Lars will do what he can though, he is a good guy."

Yeah, but I didn't know 'em. Turning up to a funeral which I know sod all about the star attraction feels... disrespectful.'

Fran nodded slowly at that.
"I might not see it exactly the same way, I think one can honor the dead even if one did not know them, however I can see your point. I am sure no one will force you to go to the funerals."
She said.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:21 am

[Tane] (In the Umbra.)

I would say yes Tane can see the ligths seen in the end of the forested pats as reminding him of Boston, normally he would roll Cosmology but as long as he is following the werewolves they know the way, the Umbra is as natural to travel for them as the physical world is, so Tane should be fine if he just go with them.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:26 am

"I agree with what you are saying Sir, but I have still been told that slavery is natural, that the strong will always dominate the weak and have every right to do so. I guess that is what you get when you join an organisation that used to call itself the eaters of the weak. "But we can discuss it when it is more time Sir, forgive me I do not mean to keep you when you are busy."
She said quickly."

He tipped his head. "It's more that it will take us a while to discuss, probably over several segments."

Very well Mr Roth Hicks, give me a call when you are free and I am sure we can arrange a meeting."
The old Quesitor said but he never smiled.

"Thank you sir," he said and took the note, putting it carefully away in his wallet so he wouldn't lose it.

He grinned slyly, "Well, it's probably made from flowers, I should think..."

He looked a bit confused at that.

And yes, I'm going to need some help with a lot of the aftermath. As for the to-do list, you did just fine, I think... Mr. Karyak will be my headache if and when he comes home. I just hope he's delayed on his way back through the Umbra, and not getting digested by a giant polyp that felt a small stinging nuisance... Hum, I ought to speak with Coawa, as well; I understand he made it back... but that can wait until tomorrow. Tonight, I intend to give Beatrice back her shards, call two vampires about a flask of blood and a green teddy bear respectively, arrange sleeping accomodations until I can get a proper bed for Anna, and then sit down with Mr. Tasselwell and obliterate the better part of a bottle of gin. And tomorrow, I will be going shopping...He sighed, "I need to bring Anna along and go see Captain Welder, too... the old gang is all coming together, and I fear it is all because we are needed to make good on the promise once made...""

"I hope he comes home soon," Adley said with a frown. "That's a lot on the to-do list. I'm not sure this is a good place for a detailed conversation about some of that, though."

e chuckled softly, "Oh, and Adley? Thank you for being worried, son... That was one of the last things to go through my mind as I leapt into that oversized... organ; 'Please don't let that thing kill Adley'... I managed to sever that thing from this reality before any more lives were lost; that made the pain worth it."

"As much as I appreciate the sentiment and understand you did it to save us, the risk..." he shook his head. "I'm glad it didn't, suffice to say. I'm sure you are too. We can talk about it more later...let's not keep this waiting, as it seems it should happen now...."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:36 am

He tipped his head. "It's more that it will take us a while to discuss, probably over several segments."

Cecilia nodded.
"I will look forward to the conversations then Sir."
The hedge wizard said carefully, she looked pale and scared but at least she was a little calmer than earlier and she took a sip from her coffee mug.

"Thank you sir," he said and took the note, putting it carefully away in his wallet so he wouldn't lose it.

Master Tolle just nodded his head to aknowledge your thanks, then he waited to see if there where anything else you wanted before he continued to eat is dinner.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:39 am

You got a reply back.
"Well if we can get the particles out then some stress should not matter. I am more concerned with the fact that this woman have been horribly abused and now that Miss Day takes her as her apprentice, if Miss Day have her held done and treated that will make it far harder for Miss Day to win Cecilia's trust."
Colin quickly replied, 'True enough. Ask Dr. Lee if he can think of a less stabby approach, though. I will try to divine something later.'

"I will write him a letter Sir and I am aware that the fact that Dennis is willing to send me away for my own good show how much he cares, however I will miss him so much I do not know how to leave him, some of that is the blood bond, which will now fade but I also genuinly care for him."
Tobias said and sigh.
He nodded, "I suppose there's a fair enough chance you can get to correspond through mail, at least - even if something like FaceTime is perhaps less feasible across the Umbra."

The young Orphan gave you a rather confused look.
"I am not sure I understand what you mean Sir."
He grinned, "When research suddenly becomes exciting, that's usually either because you're making a great discovery, or your laboratory is about to go boom. Either way, it will be a drastic change from the usual peace and quiet."

"You can tell the tell the future Sir that is cool and I am glad that Beatrice will be okey."
Tobias said and smiled.
He nodded, "Not all futures are good... but being able to tell where things go wrong lets me at least try to intercept the problems. It's a hell of a burden, though..."

The young mage nodded at that.
"Well then I should go, good luck then Sir."
He said before Bruce helped him up the stairs.
He nodded, "Enjoy your meal."

"I hope he comes home soon," Adley said with a frown. "That's a lot on the to-do list. I'm not sure this is a good place for a detailed conversation about some of that, though."
He nodded, "I'll likely be taking a few days off work. Fortunately, Agnes is quite capable of running the shop without me, and I do have a few vacation days to spare."

"As much as I appreciate the sentiment and understand you did it to save us, the risk..." he shook his head. "I'm glad it didn't, suffice to say. I'm sure you are too. We can talk about it more later...let's not keep this waiting, as it seems it should happen now...."
He nodded, "I had reason to believe I could make it through without, well, the worst happening. And so things turned out... acceptably, in the grand scheme of things. And you're right, now it's time to do this. Hopefully, it won't sting."
He knocked on the door to the Node chamber.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:06 am

Anja's Post:
"I do not see it like that, I see magick as something I have worked hard to develop so off course I will use it, just as I use my skill with a sewing machine, it do not make me forget the bad parts of my past or where I came from, it is simply something I can do now."
Fran protested.

'I think you're forgetting... if I make peace with the world, I make peace with the fucking Union.' Nicole stated simply.

Anja's Post:
"Yeah that is the truth, damned Technocrazy and this whole idea of consuming more and more than slowly kills our planet."
Fran said and frowned.

'Kills people too.' Nicole added darkly.

Anja's Post:
"I guess we are all strange."
The young Euthanathos said and grinned.
"I hope you find a job then, Lars will do what he can though, he is a good guy."

A nod to this. 'Hmm... speaking of that, do you know anyone in Boston who's both good with blade or unarmed and is left-handed?'

Anja's Post:
Fran nodded slowly at that.
"I might not see it exactly the same way, I think one can honor the dead even if one did not know them, however I can see your point. I am sure no one will force you to go to the funerals."
She said.

Another nod to this, continuing to keep aware of any tails while driving to their destination.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next