Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Page 22 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 38  Next

Go down

Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Warpmind on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:05 pm

"That is tragic poor thing, hopefully she can still have a good life."
Freddy said and frowned.
Colin smiled thinly, "Better than one might have otherwise expected, actually."

That is pretty effed up, what are going to happen to them in February? I assume they will not just get a slap on the wrist? After all they tried to kill you and the others."
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.
"Why did they attack you?"
He frowned, "I don't know for certain why they attacked, but... I suspect it was not me they were after. There was another attack here at the same time, which may be connected, and if that's the case... well, not a matter to be discussed here."

"I tend to eat mostly junk food."
Freddy commented.
"Though I am sure my mom would be delighted if I ate more healthy, she is a doctor after all."
She said and frowned.
He grinned, "Whereas my mum would be delighted if you just like my family's recipes. I'm just glad she hasn't started writing letters about grandchildren yet. I think my little sister gets the better part of that pressure, though..."

"Good, or I would have to stop eating those Haribo wine gums."
Freddy joked.
"You have to admit it looks exactly like that though."
She commented not asking more questions in front of the vampires.
He nodded, "The stuff should come with a warning label - 'Keep out of children' or something..."

"Well if I do that is going to be one wierd kid."
The technomancer said sounding amused.
He grinned, "I think she'll be that in any case, at least by several people's standards."

"What I am concerned about is her opening a drawer where I keep sewing gear or something by accident or if she look in my medicine cabinet for a band aid. I do not want to scare her."
Freddy said and frowned.
"And it is not a big trouble to just clear things out."
He nodded, "I trust she won't go snooping in drawers, though - a simple lock would be all the extra security needed - but you are right, of course."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:42 pm

[Tane] (Boston in the evening. Returning to Steelhaven.)
when I talk about a Chantry I am not talking about the brick and mortar the building is made of

of course, you're right jajaja, sorry, I was actually talking about the place. Yeah, well, I didn't like to let the servants go... But I suppose that's part of our bargain.

OOC: You will not have had time to go look for Cadence or the fera yet at this point.
((Remember that Paula and strawberry are crashing there so they are already there))

(Meeting with an old shaman)
I'm more used to Rokea, and they get to be older than most, and value survival. Tane commented before eating a bit. ancestral knowledge is greatly valued, you know? I am writing the stories of my people, and of the spirits i meet too let them last and it has been of great interest to the general public. maybe if you like we could record what can be made public to preserve it

(At steelhaven's rooms)
Tane left everything and opened the door. He was bruised all over and had only his pants on, so it was visible all the scarring and tattoos he had. This much tattoos made it look like he didn't have his torso naked.
Tane had his hair wet, his face with an expression of abatement and tiredness that didn't break his confident smile.
Ah, Colin! Please, come in. I was just starting to make dinner. Have a seat, and tell me what I can do for you?
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Anja's Post:
"I do not think they fully get what it is like to be Awakened, however I think they would accept me anyway, as long as I do not turn into some sort of serial killer or go around and hurt pepole I think they would accept pretty much anything I choose to do with my life Ma'am."
Andrew said then he frowned.
"Where not your parents so understanding when you Awakened Ma'am?"
The teenager asked.

'Have no idea... fled that no-horse town way before all this happened. But going on Mom's sheet... not a fucking chance.' Nicole replied, giving a little shrug. 'But it's different for me; not like I do "magic" or anything; even she would get "she can do some wicked things in the garage with some random kit". Not like that matters, 'cos she didn't approve of that either.' ending with a little snort.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:17 pm

[Tane's apartment]
Tane left everything and opened the door. He was bruised all over and had only his pants on, so it was visible all the scarring and tattoos he had. This much tattoos made it look like he didn't have his torso naked.
Tane had his hair wet, his face with an expression of abatement and tiredness that didn't break his confident smile.
Ah, Colin! Please, come in. I was just starting to make dinner. Have a seat, and tell me what I can do for you?
He gave Tane a stern look, "Thank you, Mr. Karyak, we have quite important matters in dire need of discussion."
He slipped inside and closed the door behind him, standing in an authoritative pose, "I do not believe you realise how lucky you are to be alive. That's not once, but twice now that you have ignored the chain of command in a combat situation. Master Dupuis, I am informed, would have been well within his rights to execute you on the spot in the Labyrinth today. We can avoid a trial, I think, but it will require you to do precisely as I say, and even then we have to hope for the best."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:23 pm

"Shimmying your way down the chimney to eat everyone's cookies? You would quickly need either Life or Correspondence to get down the chimney then with all of those cookies."
The young Cultist said sounding amused.

"Well I got one of those things." Serge said with a smile. "And who knows. With the lessons Master Sharaya will give me I might be able to download myself into other people homes to steal their cookies."

"No kickass would be taking care of an enemy in an as silent and efficient way as possible before they have the time to hurt you or your friends Sir."
Yu Die protested and Anna nodded.
"I have to agree with Yu Die here Sir I have been in actual combat and then you keep your mind on what you are doing, it is no point in trying to look cool the only point is being efficient."

"Your not wrong. Both ways are cool and have their appeals." Serge said with a shrug not wanting to argue. "Silent ninja takedowns or the one vs all. Sure one is more realistic but both are fun to imagine. You know I never once said to apply these in real combat. These are purely hypothetical scenarios that are meant to be fun to imagine not actually implemented."

"Well I do pretty much know that using a violin for the first time will sound rather badly, but if you insist Sir."
Anna said and she held out her hands for the violin clearly not seeing the point.

"Who cares if it'll sound badly. The point is that you tried something new." Serge argued. "And with Rosa's help you'll probably get some non-horrific sound out of it."

(OOC: Just want to let you guys know. Starting tomorrow I'll be in another country for a family vacation and staying there for two weeks. Whether I have internet connection will be questionable at best so I may be at worst offline for two weeks. At best I'll be typing up responses on my phone. )
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:32 pm

"Agreed if you give me your testimony of it then I will also ask around."
Master Tolle said and Henrietta nodded.
"I saw the episode as well Sir so what if Mr Roth Hicks explain it to you and then I can confirm it?"
She said and Master Tolle nodded again.
"Very well."
Was all he had to say about it.

"Alright, I'll write it up so that what I say does not influence Ms Day's take on the events that transpired," he said and pulled a sheet of paper over to himself and gave another to Miss Day.

Master Tolle read over the paperwork and nodded.
"So it do all seam to be in order Mr Roth Hicks, the matter seam to have been setteled then."
He said.

"Well then, I think we've done the best we could," he said to Cecelia. "You will still be beholden to the Deacon Council's wishes but things are looking up, now you have a mentor as well who will teach you important things like the Eight Protocols. I suppose I may formally introduce myself now, I am Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau of the Order of Hermes, as you had guessed at earlier. Names are important things, even nicknames, so you will forgive me of my abundance of caution earlier."

He pulled up the paper and started to write a synopsis of what had happened in the Labyrinth, trying to stick to the facts:
'Ceclia surrendered to us and was bound and given the serum and therefore was our prisoner of war. My strike team, led by the Mr. Morgan (Mr M) made our way through the Labyrinth towards the node chamber, assisted by Cecelia's aid, without which we may have run into many difficult traps set by the Fallen. At the doors to the chamber we met up with other strike teams, including the Quesitor, Ms. V. D'Angelo (Ms D) and a H. Fortunae Stephen Callins (Mr C). Mr C suddenly came at Cecelia with a physical attack though none of us had spoken with him. Another member of my strike team, Nicole Bouchard (Ms B), intervened, placing herself between them. Mr. C. proceeded to tell her that he had lost three members of his cabal and 'wanted to teach that bitch a lesson.' I attempted to calm him down by explaining that she was a prisoner and perhaps there were better, active targets for him to take as the battle was not yet won. Ms. B. added that Cecelia may yet have valuable intel. Mr C. seemed to think that she was a Nephanda and was confused why we were concerned she would be beaten up even if she was our prisoner. Meanwhile, Ms D. told Mr. C. that Cecelia would be interrogated and that her interrogation would be 'verified with pain' and 'would get more than a few bruises;' that as she was the senior Quesitor of the Tribunal she would be within her rights to demand to interrogate her. M. Morgan told her that while he could not stop her from interrogating Cecelia, he wished her back alive. Ms. D. replied that he would 'get back what was left alive if he wanted to execute her himself.' Mr. M. said they should discuss it after the fight, as there was work to be done. Ms. D. said that she could 'think of some use for the wench.' Mr. C was satisfied that the Quesitor would get 'get his vengeance for him.' At this point I told Mr C. that I could not see how any vengeance would be found in beating up a terrified, captured hedge wizard. Mr. C realised that she was a slave but he was still very angry. Ms. B. spoke with Mr. C again to try to get him to leave her alone and get us back to our duty. The next step was to try to get into the room which may have a gas in in it that temporarily evicted avatars as well as other dangers within it. Ms. D. suggested sending in Cecelia first. This action was not taken and other plans were then discussed.

The following people that I know witnessed this exchange:'
(here he wrote out a shortened version of their names, just in case the paper was discovered it would give enough to find out who to talk to and take as a testimony but not reveal more than necessary.) He signed the paper and dated it and handed paper over to Tolle. "Let me know if I need to be more clear who I mean, I dislike writing names down, but in this case such was necessary. This is why we are sitting here now, sir and have had to make these particular arrangements."

// have a safe trip!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:08 pm

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

'Have no idea... fled that no-horse town way before all this happened. But going on Mom's sheet... not a fucking chance.' Nicole replied, giving a little shrug. 'But it's different for me; not like I do "magic" or anything; even she would get "she can do some wicked things in the garage with some random kit". Not like that matters, 'cos she didn't approve of that either.' ending with a little snort.

"Ah yes...I have heard you Etherites like to call it science Ma'am."
Andrew said and nodded then he sigh.
"It sound like your mother have allot of things she do not approve of Ma'am, which is a shame it can not have been easy, I guess it is like that for many pepole their parents have one idea of how their kids should turn out and can not accept that it do not always end up like that."

[Colin] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening)

Colin smiled thinly, "Better than one might have otherwise expected, actually."

"That is good to hear love."
Freddy said and nodded.

He frowned, "I don't know for certain why they attacked, but... I suspect it was not me they were after. There was another attack here at the same time, which may be connected, and if that's the case... well, not a matter to be discussed here."

"No that can be discused in private."
The young Virtual Adept said.
"I am glad you are allright though but concerned that your group would just be attacked like that Colin."

He grinned, "Whereas my mum would be delighted if you just like my family's recipes. I'm just glad she hasn't started writing letters about grandchildren yet. I think my little sister gets the better part of that pressure, though..."

"I am sure your family recepies as for grandchildren...I guess it is more common the nag the girls in the family for that though in my family I have several brothers who have families on their own so my mother do not nag me, but perhaps...one day...."
She said and she gave you a warm smile.
"At least according to your visions.

He nodded, "The stuff should come with a warning label - 'Keep out of children' or something..."

"The serum or the vine gum?"
Freddy asked and she raised an eyebrow.

He grinned, "I think she'll be that in any case, at least by several people's standards."

"True she probably will, then again weird is not so bad now is it?"
The technomancer said and hugged you.

He nodded, "I trust she won't go snooping in drawers, though - a simple lock would be all the extra security needed - but you are right, of course."

"I can get a lock on my medicine cabinet installed tomorrow, I sort of need to have my medicine available as I take them regularly but my sewing kit I am sure I can keep at Fran's place, she won't mind I think and I can just go and get it if I want to sew something."

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

"Alright, I'll write it up so that what I say does not influence Ms Day's take on the events that transpired," he said and pulled a sheet of paper over to himself and gave another to Miss Day.

Master Tolle nodded his agreement to this.
"Thank you."
Henrietta said before she took the offered piece of paper and starter writing on it in a flowing script.

"Well then, I think we've done the best we could," he said to Cecelia. "You will still be beholden to the Deacon Council's wishes but things are looking up, now you have a mentor as well who will teach you important things like the Eight Protocols. I suppose I may formally introduce myself now, I am Adley Roth Hicks, bani Flambeau of the Order of Hermes, as you had guessed at earlier. Names are important things, even nicknames, so you will forgive me of my abundance of caution earlier."

"Thank you so much Sir, this is more than I could have ever hoped for."
Cecilia said and smiled.
"And I will do my best to be able to repay you all one day and get the Deacon Council to trust me. What are the eight Protocols though?"
She asked and Henrietta smiled.
"Our laws, each Tradition have laws of their own but all of the Traditions follow the Eight Protocols, I will tell you more about them when we are alone."
She said and Cecilia nodded.
"Ok, thank you Ma'am."
She said then she smiled to you and held out her hand to you.
"Cecilia Sinclair ehm..."
"You would either use the same title Mr Roth Hicks used bani, it means son or daugther of, not all Hollowers use them as we are an Orphan group and have no seat and not all hedge wizards do, also some instruct their apprentices not to use the bani title before they are fully initiated in which case you would refer to yourself as of the Hollow Ones or apprentice to Henrietta day of the Hollow Ones. Some Orphans also just use their Chantry name so with that I would be Henrietta day of Steelhaven Hall."
Henrietta explained and Cecilia nodded and continued.
"I am Cecilia Sinclair apprentice to Henrietta Day of the Hollow Ones."
She said politely.
"And I understand that names are important, I do not mind that you used an alias earlier Sir."

He pulled up the paper and started to write a synopsis of what had happened in the Labyrinth, trying to stick to the facts:
'Ceclia surrendered to us and was bound and given the serum and therefore was our prisoner of war. My strike team, led by the Mr. Morgan (Mr M) made our way through the Labyrinth towards the node chamber, assisted by Cecelia's aid, without which we may have run into many difficult traps set by the Fallen. At the doors to the chamber we met up with other strike teams, including the Quesitor, Ms. V. D'Angelo (Ms D) and a H. Fortunae Stephen Callins (Mr C). Mr C suddenly came at Cecelia with a physical attack though none of us had spoken with him. Another member of my strike team, Nicole Bouchard (Ms B), intervened, placing herself between them. Mr. C. proceeded to tell her that he had lost three members of his cabal and 'wanted to teach that bitch a lesson.' I attempted to calm him down by explaining that she was a prisoner and perhaps there were better, active targets for him to take as the battle was not yet won. Ms. B. added that Cecelia may yet have valuable intel. Mr C. seemed to think that she was a Nephanda and was confused why we were concerned she would be beaten up even if she was our prisoner. Meanwhile, Ms D. told Mr. C. that Cecelia would be interrogated and that her interrogation would be 'verified with pain' and 'would get more than a few bruises;' that as she was the senior Quesitor of the Tribunal she would be within her rights to demand to interrogate her. M. Morgan told her that while he could not stop her from interrogating Cecelia, he wished her back alive. Ms. D. replied that he would 'get back what was left alive if he wanted to execute her himself.' Mr. M. said they should discuss it after the fight, as there was work to be done. Ms. D. said that she could 'think of some use for the wench.' Mr. C was satisfied that the Quesitor would get 'get his vengeance for him.' At this point I told Mr C. that I could not see how any vengeance would be found in beating up a terrified, captured hedge wizard. Mr. C realised that she was a slave but he was still very angry. Ms. B. spoke with Mr. C again to try to get him to leave her alone and get us back to our duty. The next step was to try to get into the room which may have a gas in in it that temporarily evicted avatars as well as other dangers within it. Ms. D. suggested sending in Cecelia first. This action was not taken and other plans were then discussed.

The following people that I know witnessed this exchange:' (here he wrote out a shortened version of their names, just in case the paper was discovered it would give enough to find out who to talk to and take as a testimony but not reveal more than necessary.) He signed the paper and dated it and handed paper over to Tolle. "Let me know if I need to be more clear who I mean, I dislike writing names down, but in this case such was necessary. This is why we are sitting here now, sir and have had to make these particular arrangements."

Master Tolle read your statement and then the one that Miss Day had written, then he put the two statements down on the table and nodded.
"It is similar to what I suspected then Mr Roth Hicks, the Quesitor in question did not break the law with her behavior though I would classify it as quite rude to the point that Master Morgan might be entiteled to deliver a formal compaint, they are of roughly the same rank so no legal action can be taken but we have to adhere to certain standards non the less."
The old Enforcer said.
"Miss Sinclair will be protected from this situation now though,, she can be interrogated as a witness but her Mentor have the right to be present and she can not be harmed in the process not unless osme crime is comitted and she is sentenced to such treatment."
He informed you.
"I would like to put the statements with the case documents and talk with the other witnesses though just to be sure and to have the documentation available in case there is any trouble."
He requested.

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

"Well I got one of those things." Serge said with a smile. "And who knows. With the lessons Master Sharaya will give me I might be able to download myself into other people homes to steal their cookies."

"No cookie will ever be safe again."
Rosa said and grinned.
"Lessons from Master Sharaya that is quite an oppertunity I am impressed you managed to swing that Cousin."

"Your not wrong. Both ways are cool and have their appeals." Serge said with a shrug not wanting to argue. "Silent ninja takedowns or the one vs all. Sure one is more realistic but both are fun to imagine. You know I never once said to apply these in real combat. These are purely hypothetical scenarios that are meant to be fun to imagine not actually implemented."

Yu Die considered for a moment how to put things then she said.
"I think for me Mr Yager it is hard to just see an imaginary scnario for combat, sure I can watch and action movie but when discussing my Martial Arts they are a sacred practice, there to help me reach enlightenment and to protect pepole, I really can not imagine them combined with over the top action shennanigans."
The young Akashic said politely.

"Who cares if it'll sound badly. The point is that you tried something new." Serge argued. "And with Rosa's help you'll probably get some non-horrific sound out of it."

"As you wish Sir."
Anna said.
"And it is not really that I worry about the horrific sound but more that violin is not really something one try to do and then one can have fun with actually doing it, it is an activity that needs allot of time and dedication to be able to become resonably good at, with for example drawing everyone can at least draw something or baking cookies where if you follow the recepie you will get a pasable result, and I doubt I will get the time to dedicate to learning to play such a instrument and then holding it and making a sound with it seams a waste of time to me, no offense, but if you think I should then I will do as you recomend."
The young mage said as she regarded Serge.

(OOC: Safe travels Jeremy and enjoy your family visit.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:16 pm

of course, you're right jajaja, sorry, I was actually talking about the place. Yeah, well, I didn't like to let the servants go... But I suppose that's part of our bargain.

"The servants are likely irrelevant, I hard about that situation Mr Karyak and the thing is that if your group had fought them, you would have won, but it would have come at the price of losses, your group's resources being even more strained and time, sometimes you have to let the small fry go in order to be able to take out those that really matters."
Jon said as he regarded you carefully.

(Speaking with an old shaman.)

I'm more used to Rokea, and they get to be older than most, and value survival. Tane commented before eating a bit.

"Ah yes the Rokea, with their first change they stop aging, there are members of their kind out therre in the oceans who are thosands of years old."
The old woman said as she took a piece of cake on her fork and sampled it.
"Ah yes this is quite delicious."
She said and she gave you a rare smile.

ancestral knowledge is greatly valued, you know? I am writing the stories of my people, and of the spirits i meet too let them last and it has been of great interest to the general public. maybe if you like we could record what can be made public to preserve it

"Your job is an important one child, but my knowledge are for the garou and my pack and Sept and will be perserved with the spirits and with those I talk with, I am afraid that I can not share with an outsider."
The old woman said and sipped her tea.
"But you did not come here just to keep an old woman company over tea young one, I assume you seek my guidence so given that you have brought a quite delicious cake, ask your questions and we will see if I can privide the answers you seek."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:39 pm

Anja's Post:
"Ah yes...I have heard you Etherites like to call it science Ma'am."
Andrew said and nodded then he sigh.
"It sound like your mother have allot of things she do not approve of Ma'am, which is a shame it can not have been easy, I guess it is like that for many pepole their parents have one idea of how their kids should turn out and can not accept that it do not always end up like that."

'Well, folk like that gotta exist so your folks look good, eh?' Nicole replied with a wry little smile. 'She just didn't get me... and now, think I might have not got her.' looking thoughtful for a moment.

[You can enjoy family visits? News to me? *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:50 pm

"No that can be discused in private."
The young Virtual Adept said.
"I am glad you are allright though but concerned that your group would just be attacked like that Colin."
Colin nodded, "I've been warned there's a darkness on the prowl, stalking the old gang... It looks like I'll really have to bring them back together. And find the replacement for the missing member..."

"I am sure your family recepies as for grandchildren...I guess it is more common the nag the girls in the family for that though in my family I have several brothers who have families on their own so my mother do not nag me, but perhaps...one day...."
She said and she gave you a warm smile.
"At least according to your visions.
He grinned, "Perhaps best not to give our parents too high hopes right away; keep things quiet for some time... My mother's going to murder me if she's not invited to the wedding, though, so we're going to have to work something out in that regard..."

"The serum or the vine gum?"
Freddy asked and she raised an eyebrow.
He smirked, "Well, both, I suppose - neither is particularly healthy."

"True she probably will, then again weird is not so bad now is it?"
The technomancer said and hugged you.
He shook his head, "No, I'd say it's not. It's even necessary to balance conformity."

"I can get a lock on my medicine cabinet installed tomorrow, I sort of need to have my medicine available as I take them regularly but my sewing kit I am sure I can keep at Fran's place, she won't mind I think and I can just go and get it if I want to sew something."
He nodded, "I'll have to buy a new bed. Fortunately, there's an IKEA run planned for tomorrow, it seems, for Mr. Yager and Miss Bouchard, at least. I'll attach myself to that."

((OOC: Safe trip, dude. And if you run into a language barrier, trying to brute-force your way through is a bad idea. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:01 pm

Colin nodded, "I've been warned there's a darkness on the prowl, stalking the old gang... It looks like I'll really have to bring them back together. And find the replacement for the missing member..."

Freddy looked at you for a moment then she glanced back towards the vampires for a moment before she simply nodded.

He grinned, "Perhaps best not to give our parents too high hopes right away; keep things quiet for some time... My mother's going to murder me if she's not invited to the wedding, though, so we're going to have to work something out in that regard..."

"I agree there is no rush, as for the wedding, well it might be early to plan but I am thinking we should probably have two of them one for our sleeper family and friends and one where we can invite other mages and other Awakened, we can do both fairly simple to keep costs down, we should be able to afford to do it like that."
Freddy suggjested.

He smirked, "Well, both, I suppose - neither is particularly healthy."

"But the candy is so yummy!"
The young Virtual Adept protested.
"The serum though not so much, not that I have tried to eat it, which is probabaly a good thing."

He shook his head, "No, I'd say it's not. It's even necessary to balance conformity."

Freddy grinned at this.

He nodded, "I'll have to buy a new bed. Fortunately, there's an IKEA run planned for tomorrow, it seems, for Mr. Yager and Miss Bouchard, at least. I'll attach myself to that."

"Dr Lee said he wanted to talk to you about that by the way, he says that the Deacons have decided to make a permanent infirmary in the attic as we could need one and then he do not need the treatment room in his apartment, so since you have now gotten an apprentice he wanted to know if you wanted to trade appartments with him so you could have the second bedroom for Anna."
Freddy shot in as she remembered what the Akashic had told her.

'Well, folk like that gotta exist so your folks look good, eh?' Nicole replied with a wry little smile. 'She just didn't get me... and now, think I might have not got her.' looking thoughtful for a moment.

"I am starting to realize I have been very lucky with my parents."
Andrew said and nodded.
"I am sure your mother care about you though Ma'am it is just that something personalities do not fit together at all sort of."
The teenager commeted.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:11 pm

"Cecilia Sinclair ehm..."
"You would either use the same title Mr Roth Hicks used bani, it means son or daugther of, not all Hollowers use them as we are an Orphan group and have no seat and not all hedge wizards do, also some instruct their apprentices not to use the bani title before they are fully initiated in which case you would refer to yourself as of the Hollow Ones or apprentice to Henrietta day of the Hollow Ones. Some Orphans also just use their Chantry name so with that I would be Henrietta day of Steelhaven Hall."
Henrietta explained and Cecilia nodded and continued.
"I am Cecilia Sinclair apprentice to Henrietta Day of the Hollow Ones."
She said politely.
"And I understand that names are important, I do not mind that you used an alias earlier Sir."

"Miss Sinclair," he said and took her hand a moment.

Master Tolle read your statement and then the one that Miss Day had written, then he put the two statements down on the table and nodded.
"It is similar to what I suspected then Mr Roth Hicks, the Quesitor in question did not break the law with her behavior though I would classify it as quite rude to the point that Master Morgan might be entiteled to deliver a formal compaint, they are of roughly the same rank so no legal action can be taken but we have to adhere to certain standards non the less."

"I see, well then when you speak to the Chief perhaps he will wish to do so."

"Miss Sinclair will be protected from this situation now though,, she can be interrogated as a witness but her Mentor have the right to be present and she can not be harmed in the process not unless osme crime is comitted and she is sentenced to such treatment."
He informed you.
"I would like to put the statements with the case documents and talk with the other witnesses though just to be sure and to have the documentation available in case there is any trouble."

"Very well sir and thank you for your assistance. I believe that is all that we needed for now. Hrm, should we make a copy of these for the Deacon Council? I assume at least Mrs Day will have to declare her apprentice to someone formally." He nodded to the pair of women. "Well, thank you for the coffee and hospitality. I do have a small favor to ask, if it is not a trouble. I have no food in my rooms, beyond stale oatmeal and in the meantime, if you had a packet of crackers you wouldn't mind parting with I would appreciate it. When I do a grocery run I will replace it and if you are in need of anything let me know and I can pick it up, or if someone does a run add it to their list."

s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:14 pm

"I agree there is no rush, as for the wedding, well it might be early to plan but I am thinking we should probably have two of them one for our sleeper family and friends and one where we can invite other mages and other Awakened, we can do both fairly simple to keep costs down, we should be able to afford to do it like that."
Freddy suggjested.
Colin grinned, "Of course. And if my mother has any say in the matter, it will be a small, modest, intimate service in Westminster Abbey, with an honour guard drawn from RAF veterans, including Prince Harry..."

"But the candy is so yummy!"
The young Virtual Adept protested.
"The serum though not so much, not that I have tried to eat it, which is probabaly a good thing."
He chuckled, "I do hope you're not suggesting that you are a child? If so, I'm afraid I would have to look over my shoulder for Chris Hansen for a while."

"Dr Lee said he wanted to talk to you about that by the way, he says that the Deacons have decided to make a permanent infirmary in the attic as we could need one and then he do not need the treatment room in his apartment, so since you have now gotten an apprentice he wanted to know if you wanted to trade appartments with him so you could have the second bedroom for Anna."
Freddy shot in as she remembered what the Akashic had told her.
He arched an eyebrow, "That... would be quite excellent, actually. An arrangement of great convenience."
He frowned, "Oh, good grief, I hope he'll agree to some degree of furniture swap; my couch weighs an Imperial ton..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:15 pm

"No cookie will ever be safe again."
Rosa said and grinned.
"Lessons from Master Sharaya that is quite an oppertunity I am impressed you managed to swing that Cousin."

"Well its not set in stone yet. I still need to set up the appointment with Master Sharaya tommorow. He asked me for some art lessons and offered correspondence lessons in return." Serge explained to Rosa, hoping he remembered that exchange correctly. So many things had happened today that the events began to grow hazy within Serge's mind.

Yu Die considered for a moment how to put things then she said.
"I think for me Mr Yager it is hard to just see an imaginary scnario for combat, sure I can watch and action movie but when discussing my Martial Arts they are a sacred practice, there to help me reach enlightenment and to protect pepole, I really can not imagine them combined with over the top action shennanigans."
The young Akashic said politely.

"I guess I didn't see it like that." Serge said thinking for a moment on Yu Die's words. "Huh. Sorry about that. Guess hearing me speak about your sacred practice in such a way is really annoying."

"As you wish Sir."
Anna said.
"And it is not really that I worry about the horrific sound but more that violin is not really something one try to do and then one can have fun with actually doing it, it is an activity that needs allot of time and dedication to be able to become resonably good at, with for example drawing everyone can at least draw something or baking cookies where if you follow the recepie you will get a pasable result, and I doubt I will get the time to dedicate to learning to play such a instrument and then holding it and making a sound with it seams a waste of time to me, no offense, but if you think I should then I will do as you recomend."
The young mage said as she regarded Serge.

"If you don't want to do it and see no value in it than you don't have to." Serge said with a shrug. "Just thought that everyone should have a try. My mentor always told me to seek out new experiences and try new things. That time enjoyed isn't time wasted. But ultimately it's up to you to decide."

(OOC: Thanks everyone.  That language barrier thing is really interesting. Before each of these trips me and my sister freak out and scramble to try and relearn our second language so that we can speak with our relatives. Let's hope I can relearn it in time Razz )

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:19 pm

Anja's Post:
"I am starting to realize I have been very lucky with my parents."
Andrew said and nodded.
"I am sure your mother care about you though Ma'am it is just that something personalities do not fit together at all sort of."
The teenager commeted.

Nicole was silent to this, then gave a little sigh. 'Yeah... well, I'll stop eating up your time. Thanks for the directions.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:08 am

[Tane's apartment]
That's not once, but twice now that you have ignored the chain of command in a combat situation.
I am aware of how my passions are misleading, friend. But i have proven my worth far excedes any of these misconducts. Tane said, getting back to the coocking.
He couldn't hace tried it. And even if he wants to start an effective trial, i'm always nothing more than an ally from a craft, still not fully part of the traditions. Tane's expresion was sad and disappointed I didn't put anyone at risk, i belive. And i have always helped the cause at the best of my ability, even if i have not always been perfect. Why do they always want to shove politics down my throat? Tane shook his head in disagreement, and silence rose for an instant.
I will do as you say, sure. I get you only want the best for me, but i'd prefer to stand alone. I won't change my ways of fighting or behaviour for some political issue i don't understand, and i don't want to drag anyone with me.

I know. It still bothers me greatly. They know a lot of our tactics and their intel could prove dangerous nonetheless. Tane said with a frown of distaste.

(Speaking with an old shaman.)
"Ah yes the Rokea, with their first change they stop aging, there are members of their kind out therre in the oceans who are thosands of years old."
I know of those, but never met one. I can't imagine the mind of one so old. Tane thought out loud.
you did not come here just to keep an old woman company over tea
Tane giggled a little at that I would have, and i might in the future, but once this battle over Boston has ended.
But you are right. I wanted to ask you for a little guidance. I am looking for ways to cleanse someone of the dark influence of the wyrm. I'm looking to bring someone back after being forced to dance the black spiral. I was told you might know something.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:31 am

[Tane's apartment]
I am aware of how my passions are misleading, friend. But i have proven my worth far excedes any of these misconducts. Tane said, getting back to the coocking.
Colin frowned, "Have you, now? Master Haagen refuses to partake in any mission with you along, and only the promise of your making a formal apology to him will keep him from filing charges. Master Dupuis... I haven't heard from him, but you are going to have to smooth things over with him, too, to avoid him filing a complaint against the whole Chantry for your irreverence. And considering the Chief Quaesitor of Boston already hates several members of this Chantry, and is a member of Master Dupuis' Chantry, that is not a battle we will want to deal with... Not while we're still sorting out the consequences of the Fallen's activities."

He couldn't hace tried it. And even if he wants to start an effective trial, i'm always nothing more than an ally from a craft, still not fully part of the traditions. Tane's expresion was sad and disappointed I didn't put anyone at risk, i belive. And i have always helped the cause at the best of my ability, even if i have not always been perfect. Why do they always want to shove politics down my throat? Tane shook his head in disagreement, and silence rose for an instant.
His eyes narrowed ever so slightly, voice hard, "Your defiance on the battlefield, your taking command from the senior member of your team, that's got nothing to do with politics. A member of a strike team striking out on their own and confusing the chain of command is not an asset, it's a liability. It worked out well enough these times, but it's the sort of thing that will someday end up getting people killed. If not you, then someone else on the team. And in war, that's the sort of thing that will end up getting you executed. That's the same between Sleeper military services and the bloody Ascension War."
His voice softened a little, "I will, however, acknowledge that you seem to have the best intentions at heart, even if you come across as something of a savage... And Heavens know, the Traditions could use some of that vitality, but if you don't learn to adjust to new, so-called civilized circumstances, your entire Craft may risk being ostracized by the Traditions, and that would expose you to the threats of the Union and the Nephandi both."

I will do as you say, sure. I get you only want the best for me, but i'd prefer to stand alone. I won't change my ways of fighting or behaviour for some political issue i don't understand, and i don't want to drag anyone with me.
He frowned, "You are missing the point - you do not stand alone, you've already made connections with people who would be at risk if you were to simply disappear, or worse, if you were to be put on trial for insubordination. Coawa can take care of himself, I believe, but Beatrice's case would risk being reviewed in light of guilt by association. Strawberry might find herself without the protection afforded by being your guest. And that goes double for the wereshark in the broken fridge... her name was Paula, wasn't it? No man is an island, and whether you want to drag someone with you or not is irrelevant - if you go down, you will bring others with you..."
His tone shifted for the sterner again, "So, tonight, you will write a formal apology for your insubordinations to Master Haagen and Master Dupuis, and you will present them to me in the morning so I can make sure they have a sufficiently respectful and apologetic tone, and that they cover the pertinent points of your... regrettable decisions. And, you will owe them both a favour of some sort, the magnitude of which will have to be negotiated with them at a later date. They may be magnanimous and let the favour part slide, but it will be offered. Am I clear on that?"

His voice softened again, "With that out of the way, you do have a guest; I rescued a Captain Welder, from another Craft, in the Labyrinth. She had come to Boston to meet with you, and that might lead to a stronger alliance between your respective Crafts and the Traditions as a whole. You will want to speak with her in the morning, too; right now, she is resting after first being tortured, and then attempted assassinated. Also, you should know, Miss Clearwater has been moved to the prisoner transport to Horizon. You will not pursue her now, that's not going to help anyone. The Quaesitor who collected the prisoners promised to put Miss Clearwater at the bottom of the docket, so her trial will be one of the last... I bought you time to compile your case for that Werewolf ritual you've been talking about. I don't have the timetable for the trials yet, but I believe you have a few weeks, at least, so I would recommend you make the best possible use of that time to get the information you need on the ritual, research it thoroughly, and have your findings reviewed by a couple of experts. I will help with that latter part - but keep in mind, the clock is ticking, and without some supporting evidence and analyses, you won't be able to help Miss Clearwater."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:22 am

Nicole was silent to this, then gave a little sigh. 'Yeah... well, I'll stop eating up your time. Thanks for the directions.'

"No a problem Ma'am it is nice to get to know new pepole, I hope you find the room you where looking for it should not be hard."
Andrew said and smiled.

Colin grinned, "Of course. And if my mother has any say in the matter, it will be a small, modest, intimate service in Westminster Abbey, with an honour guard drawn from RAF veterans, including Prince Harry..."

Freddy chuckled.
"So she is not that in favor of a quick ceremory in front of a judge and then a BBQ party in the garden for a reception then?"
She asked and grinned.

He chuckled, "I do hope you're not suggesting that you are a child? If so, I'm afraid I would have to look over my shoulder for Chris Hansen for a while."

"Heavens no but I did eat allot of those candies as a kid, and I do mean allot of them."
The Virtual Adept said and grinned.

He arched an eyebrow, "That... would be quite excellent, actually. An arrangement of great convenience."
He frowned, "Oh, good grief, I hope he'll agree to some degree of furniture swap; my couch weighs an Imperial ton..."

"I can help out with the furniture if need be Colin. But anyway you should probably talk with Dr Lee about it when next you see him love, I am just delivering a message."
Freddy said and nodded.
"Well i should probably try to find someone to sit with the vampires and then I can clean up at my place and make it ready for a overnight guest."

[Serge] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening)

"Well its not set in stone yet. I still need to set up the appointment with Master Sharaya tommorow. He asked me for some art lessons and offered correspondence lessons in return." Serge explained to Rosa, hoping he remembered that exchange correctly. So many things had happened today that the events began to grow hazy within Serge's mind.

"Ah art lessons for magick lessons, that is a good trade."
Rosa said and nodded.
"I am sure your Mentor will be happy about that, if you can understand Master Sharaya's Paradigm."

"I guess I didn't see it like that." Serge said thinking for a moment on Yu Die's words. "Huh. Sorry about that. Guess hearing me speak about your sacred practice in such a way is really annoying."

"It is fine Sir, I just wish there where more knowledge out there about what Martial Arts actually are, that they are not just some action movie gimmic, not that I mind over the stop stories about it, even in China there is a long standing tradition for basically Martial Art fairytales called Wuexia which translate as hero tales or sword tales so that is not a problem."
Yu Die said and smiled a little.
"In fact we had fantasy as a genere long before Tolkien."

"If you don't want to do it and see no value in it than you don't have to." Serge said with a shrug. "Just thought that everyone should have a try. My mentor always told me to seek out new experiences and try new things. That time enjoyed isn't time wasted. But ultimately it's up to you to decide."

"I can try Sir."
Anna said and sigh. She gently took the violin and tried to play it with the expected result.
"Sound a little like a Nephandus asking what's for dinner."
She commented wryly as Rosa showed her how to hold the instrument better and how to let the bow glide along the strings for a better result.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:32 am

[Tane] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening)

I know. It still bothers me greatly. They know a lot of our tactics and their intel could prove dangerous nonetheless. Tane said with a frown of distaste.

"They probably knew our tactics regardless but yes they have seen some of our faces which could become a problem if a new Labyrinth accept them, generally though they are escaped slaves and hedge wizards and there is a limit to how much harm they can do and if any of them make to much noise we can find this induvidual and take care of him or her."
Jon said and shrugged.

(Earlier speaking with an old haman.)

I know of those, but never met one. I can't imagine the mind of one so old. Tane thought out loud.

"Old minds often get more turned towards the Weaver, at least this is the case with really old members of your own kind and of other creatures, one reason why the group of mages known as Dreamspeakers often refuse to extend their natural lives with magick, choosing to live and die while their minds are still mallable and open to learn."
The old woman said.
"Old fera though often stay softer and more dynamic but even with ancient Rokea time takes it toll on their minds."

Tane giggled a little at that I would have, and i might in the future, but once this battle over Boston has ended.

"Well that would be nice young man, food taste better when shared."
The old werewolf said with a soft chuckle.

But you are right. I wanted to ask you for a little guidance. I am looking for ways to cleanse someone of the dark influence of the wyrm. I'm looking to bring someone back after being forced to dance the black spiral. I was told you might know something.

"What you speak of is not easy...but there might be ways though they would be terribly dangerous."
The old woman said and she sipped her tea and gave you a toughtful look.
"This person you seek to help, they are one of your own? Not one of mine?"
She asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:14 am

Freddy chuckled.
"So she is not that in favor of a quick ceremory in front of a judge and then a BBQ party in the garden for a reception then?"
She asked and grinned.
Colin smiled, "Well, a garden party would probably be approved of, though perhaps not a barbecue... And while I have departed from the Anglican Church, I'm afraid she's quite the devout member still."

"Heavens no but I did eat allot of those candies as a kid, and I do mean allot of them."
The Virtual Adept said and grinned.
He nodded sagely, "I'd be inclined to think they've become more synthetic since then, though - seems most candy manufacturers have drifted from natural ingredients toward artificial over the past couple of decades."

"I can help out with the furniture if need be Colin. But anyway you should probably talk with Dr Lee about it when next you see him love, I am just delivering a message."
Freddy said and nodded.
"Well i should probably try to find someone to sit with the vampires and then I can clean up at my place and make it ready for a overnight guest."
He nodded, "I will speak with him. I think he'll need the night's rest first, though. Alright, luv, I'll see you in a bit, and then I am going to get good and drunk with an old soldier."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:21 am

Colin smiled, "Well, a garden party would probably be approved of, though perhaps not a barbecue... And while I have departed from the Anglican Church, I'm afraid she's quite the devout member still."

"I see, well then one of my brothers married we just made these huge barrel barbecues and instructed everyone to bring along what they wanted to eat, and we made the salads and topics and bought in beer and then we had fun until far into the night. We had to save money so we could get tickes to all our family members and hotel rooms for them. I mean I have family in Germany, England and Japan. My other brother though who have been living in Japan for some time taking care of my very elderly great grandmother found a girl there and he had a traditional Japanese wedding it was nice to."
Freddy said and she scratched her hair.
"I do not mind a church wedding as long as I do not have to lie, I will not promise to live according to the Christian faith nor convert but other than that it is fine."
She said and nodded.

He nodded sagely, "I'd be inclined to think they've become more synthetic since then, though - seems most candy manufacturers have drifted from natural ingredients toward artificial over the past couple of decades."

"Come to think about it you are probably right, those candies are not as good as they once where, they taste less like wine gum and more like plastic, I wonder why they do that? T cut cost?"
The Virtual Adept said and frowned.

He nodded, "I will speak with him. I think he'll need the night's rest first, though.

"He says he have slept in a time bubble since he got hurt, last I saw him he was putting up a notice about a blood drive for the Chantry in the common room, apperantly we have run out, and then he was heading back upstairs towards the temporary infirmary."
Freddy informed you.

Alright, luv, I'll see you in a bit, and then I am going to get good and drunk with an old soldier."

"Enjoy love and and don't worry I will take care of Anna until tormorrow morning so feel free to get as drunk as you please."
Freddy said and grinned.
"But then we will be having breakfast togeter."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:31 pm

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 8 in the evening.)

"Miss Sinclair," he said and took her hand a moment.

Cecilia gave you a slightly nervous smile but she did seam calmer now that a solution had been found for her.
"Nice to meet you Mr Roth Hicks."
She said.

I see, well then when you speak to the Chief perhaps he will wish to do so."

"I will go by your pater's office when we are done here Sodalis."
Master Tolle said and nodded.

"Very well sir and thank you for your assistance. I believe that is all that we needed for now. Hrm, should we make a copy of these for the Deacon Council? I assume at least Mrs Day will have to declare her apprentice to someone formally." He nodded to the pair of women.

"It is my duty to help out with legal matters Mr Roth Hicks, as for a copy I can certinly make another copy of the documents if you so wish."
The old Quesitor offered and he stood.
"That would be nice Sir."
Henrietta said and Master Tolle nodded and cast the same spell had had earlier which created a perfect copy the documents using some dust from his pocket for raw material.
"Thank you Master Tolle."
Henrietta said as she gathered the papers up.
"I will get these filed."
She said and Master Tolle just nodded at that.

"Well, thank you for the coffee and hospitality. I do have a small favor to ask, if it is not a trouble. I have no food in my rooms, beyond stale oatmeal and in the meantime, if you had a packet of crackers you wouldn't mind parting with I would appreciate it. When I do a grocery run I will replace it and if you are in need of anything let me know and I can pick it up, or if someone does a run add it to their list."

"Oh no problem at all."
Henrietta said then she gesticuated towards her kitchen.
"I should have some crackers and such in that cabinet in the corner but just help yourself to whatever you need."
She agreed.
"I have plenty of food in the kitchen have your pick Mr Roth Hicks."

(OOC: Sorry for missing your post Strife Adley went invisibe there for a while. Razz)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:43 pm

Anja's Post:
"No a problem Ma'am it is nice to get to know new pepole, I hope you find the room you where looking for it should not be hard."
Andrew said and smiled.

A friendly nod to this, then went off to see if she could collect this strange package...
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:47 pm

[Nicole] (Steehaven at 8 in the evening.)

You got up to Jon's room and knocked on the door. The young Virtual Adept soon opened, he was a thin, wiry man with a sharp face and short, mouse brown hair wearing a white tshirt that had a picture of a hammer on it and the text this is not a drill, black jeans and bright organe socks.
"Ah ehm Nicole right? You are here for your package?"
The Virtual Adept asked.
"Come in and I will get it for you, sorry about the mess."
He said and opened the door a bit more so you could enter his apartment.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:14 pm

"I will go by your pater's office when we are done here Sodalis."
Master Tolle said and nodded.

"Yes sir, I may see you there shortly. I'll be going down there myself soon enough."

"It is my duty to help out with legal matters Mr Roth Hicks, as for a copy I can certinly make another copy of the documents if you so wish."
The old Quesitor offered and he stood.
"That would be nice Sir."
Henrietta said and Master Tolle nodded and cast the same spell had had earlier which created a perfect copy the documents using some dust from his pocket for raw material.
"Thank you Master Tolle."
Henrietta said as she gathered the papers up.
"I will get these filed."
She said and Master Tolle just nodded at that.

He stood as well and gave the Quesitor a bow of his head. "Sir."

"Oh no problem at all."
Henrietta said then she gesticuated towards her kitchen.
"I should have some crackers and such in that cabinet in the corner but just help yourself to whatever you need."
She agreed.
"I have plenty of food in the kitchen have your pick Mr Roth Hicks."

He looked a bit surprised at being invited to raid her cabinet then gave a nod. "Thank you." He walked over to the cabinet to look for something like graham crackers or plain saltines or Ritz. He pulled a sleeve out and then smiled a bit to them. "Much appreciated." He tucked the crackers under an arm, took out his phone and texted his pater and Colin:'I can be down to the office in a short while for what you needed to tell us sir.' Then he said, "If you will excuse me," he said by way of saying he needed to leave them now. "I hope your evening is a good one." He went towards the door, and from there he went to Ty's room to drop his keys and a packet of crackers off.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 38  Next