Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:07 pm

[Nicole] (Out with the girls at 10 30 in the evening)

'There's something at the front? Are you saying my GI Joe wasn't accurate?' Nicole replied, giving a look of faux-surprise.

"They might be lacking a certain vital part."
Theodora said and Fran grinned.

'Sorry... not my fault this table is too small.' Nicole complained, shifting in her seat. 'Hah, story of my fucking life...'

"Ting being to small?"
Fran asked and she rubbed her sore leg.

'The only other 'bot in the shop is Hans Moleman, but think that ain't gonna do, is it?' she quipped with a grin.

"No that....might not be exactly what I am looking for."
Helga replied sounding amused.

Think this... isa question for Google.' Nicole replied, giving a little laugh as she pulled out her phone and tried to work it. 'Crying out loud... work, dammit!' pressing the screen with her gloved hand and achieving nothing. 'Well screw you.' a flare up of anger, looking like the large woman was going to throw it across the room. But instead drained the rest of her drink, got up and stretched out.

"Let me see what I can find."
Fran said as she pulled out her own phone and started tapping at it.
"Well beetles sex...ok then that was not a good idea to search for, someone should rapport these guys to PETA or something."
The Euthanathos said her eyes wide.
"Let me see."
Theodora commented.
"No some things can not be unseen."
The Euthanathos said.
"I do wonder though if one can wash one's eyes in bleach."

'Well... time to find the John. Think it's Helga's round. I'll have a Zenmeister. Or a whiskey and root beer. And some onion rings.' With that she grabbed her phone, moved towards the back of the bar, her top having ridden up a little, highlighting her own substantial ass.

You found a reasonably clean bathroom to do your thing in. When you returned the drinks and onion rings where on the table and the girls where discussing which one of the Circle of Nine they would do if they could.
"Well the Verbena Primus at least is fairly young."
Helga commented.
"Yeah well I have not seen any of them but I will go with whoever have the biggest fire...balls."
Fran commented and Theodora gave her a look.
"That would be my grandfather and ew!"

[Colin] (Steelhaven at 9 in the evening)

(Rosa's apartment)

Colin smiled, "Indeed; I got a very special, rare book today - utterly priceless. Unfortunately for me, it's written in Greek and Arabic as well as Latin, so I can only read parts of it. I'll need to have it translated."

"Yeah you said as much Mentor, perhaps you can find someone at the Chantry who can translate it?"
Anna suggested.
"I am sure the mages here know all kind of languages."

He nodded, "True enough. Might be a few hairy eyeballs on the Chantry for some time, though, as two of the new apprentices are Fallen... But it's nothing we can't weather."

"Yes that is a bit unusual."
Rosa said as she glanced over to Anna.
"But everyone deserve to be given a chance and Anna here is quite the young charmer."
The Cultist said and Anna grinned.

(Hallway)

He nodded, then smiled wryly, "Speaking of, I'll have to make you a few silver pieces. After all, it would not do for a silversmith to let one's daughter wear only steel jewelry."

"I would like that dad some silver pieces would look great."
Anna said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:22 pm

[Rosa's apartment]
"Yeah you said as much Mentor, perhaps you can find someone at the Chantry who can translate it?"
Anna suggested.
"I am sure the mages here know all kind of languages."
Colin nodded, "My Cabalmate Adley and his Mentor, Chief Morgan, will probably be willing to help with that - in exchange for a copy of the book, of course. I'll have to negotiate, of course, but I think it will work out just fine."

"Yes that is a bit unusual."
Rosa said as she glanced over to Anna.
"But everyone deserve to be given a chance and Anna here is quite the young charmer."
The Cultist said and Anna grinned.
He smiled sadly, "Yes, everyone deserves a second chance... And she is, isn't she? She was so reserved and slow to trust in her previous life, but this time around, she's quite the little social navigator."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:53 pm

[Colin] (Steelhaven at 9 in the evening)

(Rosa's apartment)

Colin nodded, "My Cabalmate Adley and his Mentor, Chief Morgan, will probably be willing to help with that - in exchange for a copy of the book, of course. I'll have to negotiate, of course, but I think it will work out just fine."

"That would probably be a good idea and if you are sharing the book with someone you know and trust that is safer than getting a stranger to translate."
Anna said and nodded.

He smiled sadly, "Yes, everyone deserves a second chance... And she is, isn't she? She was so reserved and slow to trust in her previous life, but this time around, she's quite the little social navigator."

"You knew Anna in another life?"
Rosa said sounding surprised.
"That must be strange to meet someone from another situation, but yeah she is a good kid Mr Wainwright, the best of luck with her."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:21 pm

Colin wrote:He smirked, "Careful, kid; with buzzwords like that, you might receive an early promotion from art to middle-management. Or worse, marketing."

"I would rather be dead that be doing something as soul crushing as that." Serge said earnestly.

Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "See, that's the part I never got to. Lines, patterns, textures - those I can do just fine, but colours? If it's not paint-by-numbers, I am hopelessly lost."

"A little bit of practice and a dash of magick and you'll learn in no time. Just gotta pay attention to the world around you and see how colors work in reality." Serge said gesturing to Rosa's room and all of their clothes.

"That is not really how being important sounds you know Sir."
Yu Die said with a slight smile.
Colin wrote:He shook his head, "Sounding important, and sounding self-important is not the same. And people tend to be irritated by the latter. It's part of why horrible bosses are horrible... and hated."

"Eh. Being important and being seen as important. I'm OK with either." Serge said with a shrug.

"Well at least for art."
Rosa said.
"There is quite a few things that do have a right and a wrong way you know."

"Maybe, but I feel like that's not really that true. Lotta people out there. With lots of definition of what's right and wrong." Serge said with a shrug.

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "I'm guessing you've never had to do your own taxes? The IRS tends to frown on creativity."

"I...I have not." Serge said with a touch of fear in his voice. "And I am constantly afraid of the day when I will."

(Serge's Room)

The Unicorn from the movie Cabin in the Woods popped into your mind somewhat unbidden.

Serge shuddered as the flash of magickal equine impalement flew across his mind. "God that was a freaky movie....I should watch it again." he said to himself.

(OOC: Thanks for the well wishes guys. I've landed safely and am now typing on my computer.)
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:50 pm

[Rosa's apartment]
"I would rather be dead that be doing something as soul crushing as that." Serge said earnestly.
Colin grinned, "You and me both, kid... You and me both."

"A little bit of practice and a dash of magick and you'll learn in no time. Just gotta pay attention to the world around you and see how colors work in reality." Serge said gesturing to Rosa's room and all of their clothes.
He chuckled, "That's about on par with me saying that silversmithing is simple, you just have to see the shape of spoons, and you'll get the hand of it in no time..."

"Eh. Being important and being seen as important. I'm OK with either." Serge said with a shrug.
He smiled, "Ah, but you've already proven yourself to be important, between handling Siege and Mrs. Cunningham - you should take some confidence out of that, but try to avoid pretentiousness."

"I...I have not." Serge said with a touch of fear in his voice. "And I am constantly afraid of the day when I will."
He grinned, "Now, that is something I can help you with, at least. My own taxes are a little more complicated as a business owner with an employee to take into consideration, but I should be able to lend a hand with showing you the ropes."

"You knew Anna in another life?"
Rosa said sounding surprised.
"That must be strange to meet someone from another situation, but yeah she is a good kid Mr Wainwright, the best of luck with her."
He smiled thinly, "Actually, it was Lady Crexia bani Tytalus who identified her, and Master Steelhaven subsequently confirmed it."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:20 pm

[Colin and Serge] (Steelhaven at 9 in the evening)

(Rosa's apartment)

"Can I ask why this is important to you Mr Yager?"
Yu Die asked.

"Maybe, but I feel like that's not really that true. Lotta people out there. With lots of definition of what's right and wrong." Serge said with a shrug.

"And for some things this is so, is this song better than that song, is green prettier than pink all of this are open for individual opinions. However there are other things that are pretty hard and fast unless magick is used to change it, if you step out of a airplane you will hit the ground hard, if you put your hand on a hot stove you will burn your hand, and there are some things where there are a right and a wrong way to do it, there is a right and a wrong way to drive a car, bake a cake...it do not matter how much you feel like more milk in it, have to much compared to the dry ingredients and you end up with a soggy mess, even the colors you draw and paint with have been made the right way."
Rosa said as she glanced over at Serge.

He smiled thinly, "Actually, it was Lady Crexia bani Tytalus who identified her, and Master Steelhaven subsequently confirmed it."

"Who was she in the former life?"
Rosa asked and glanced at Anna.
"If you don't mind me asking Sir."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Anja's Post:
"They might be lacking a certain vital part."
Theodora said and Fran grinned.

Nicole tried to keep an innocent look, then gave a loud laugh.

Anja's Post:
"Ting being to small?"
Fran asked and she rubbed her sore leg.

'Seat too low, meaning legs need to go somewhere.' Nicole replied absent-mindedly, running a finger along the edge of the empty plate.

Anja's Post:

"No that....might not be exactly what I am looking for."
Helga replied sounding amused.

'But isn't everyone gay for Moleman? Nicole quipped, giving a smirk as she paraphrased an episode.

Anja's Post:
"Let me see what I can find."
Fran said as she pulled out her own phone and started tapping at it.
"Well beetles sex...ok then that was not a good idea to search for, someone should rapport these guys to PETA or something."
The Euthanathos said her eyes wide.
"Let me see."
Theodora commented.
"No some things can not be unseen."
The Euthanathos said.
"I do wonder though if one can wash one's eyes in bleach."

'Nah... PETA's too busy killing pets and spreading BS.' Nicole commented, flexing out her arms and massaging her neck.

Anja's Post:
You found a reasonably clean bathroom to do your thing in. When you returned the drinks and onion rings where on the table and the girls where discussing which one of the Circle of Nine they would do if they could.
"Well the Verbena Primus at least is fairly young."
Helga commented.
"Yeah well I have not seen any of them but I will go with whoever have the biggest fire...balls."
Fran commented and Theodora gave her a look.
"That would be my grandfather and ew!"

'Can't comment... only saw one, once and... erm, no.' Nicole replied, sipping her new drink.

[Assuming they're the same as listed in the 'Horizon' book, no?]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:29 pm

Kyle nodded at that he still looked scared though.
"It is not going to be easy to live with the possibility of THAT happening."
He muttered.

"I know, I know it's not. But we shall have to try."

"I would like to help her if I can then, often she look so sad when she stands over me when I sleep, as if she is looking for something she can never find."
Your brother said softly.

"That could be a simpler way of putting it, yes."

"I am not sure that I understand Adley, I mean if an Avatar Ascends it also stop reincarnating do it not so would that be bad as well, and while what happened to the ghost lady was negative are we not all shaped by our experiences and what we want, we want because of what we have learned and experienced in life good or bad, so why would it be different for her?"
He muttered.
"I do not see how me Decending would destroy the world or be a part of it."

"You're a part of the world, and if you were not the world is lesser for having lost you and your gifts. Besides, we're not really sure that Ascended avatars never return. We're not sure about a lot of things when it comes to avatars, they are a mystery. And the things that we think we're sure about, we keep learning more, that they are more nuanced than we thought."

Kyle nodded at that.
"I have noticed that Danielle is somewhat stuck in her old life even if she also realize that time is moving, but I mean if you did not know what she was she would seam like a perfectly normal girl."
The young mage said.
"Who are the Euthanathos?"

"They are another group of Tradition mages. They deal with the underworld or dark umbra, life and death and fate; they are interested in preserving what they call the wheel, which seemsto me like what we talked about before. The natural cycle of things and beings. They know more about those kinds of mysteries than most."

Kyle considered that for a moment then he nodded.
"Yeah I guess but..."
Then he sigh.
"Yeah perhaps it is better to talk more about it later yes I am getting a bit of a headache this is all so confusing."
He muttered.

"I'm sure we'll probably return to this topic a number of times."

"Do that mean we have more siblings?"
Your brother asked and glanced over at you.

He frowned a little. "Just our sister that I mentioned before. Perhaps you will meet her sometime, when things settle."

"Yeah I guess so...but it is what my Avatar wants and I do not know how to not want it."
Kyle said then he smiled a little.
"yeah double negatives are somewhat odd

"You saved the world, it felt good, and you love your parents. You wanted to do those things too, so to me that's a start."

"Always thinking up new things to do eh...well I guess there is allot of things out there so many that I might not ever be done."
The young mage mushed.
"I never thought about it that way. I guess I have allot to think about but yeah...it is a somewhat complicated subject."

"If it were easy, it wouldn't be worth it."

"Don't apologize you did nothing wrong." Kyle said with a thin smile. "I am okey, as for the past wars really suck I guess I should read up on this one though but yeah I agree let us not drag up more traumatic memories for now." He said and nodded and looked down at his hands. "Damn that memory where so clear, it is like I was there, like I was him."

"Yes, it can be a bit overwhelming and confusing, at first I felt as if I was not sure who I was, after some of them it was hard to coexist in the moment that I was living while feeling the past wash through me...try to think of your own self in this now, and the memory will hopefully settle into you and become a part of you. Maybe now at least you'll understand why your hands are the way they are, and it won't seem so arbitrary." He sighed, finished the cup of cocoa and pulled the plug on the sink.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:22 pm

Nicole tried to keep an innocent look, then gave a loud laugh.

"The others gave amused laughs."

'Seat too low, meaning legs need to go somewhere.' Nicole replied absent-mindedly, running a finger along the edge of the empty plate.

"I guess there are some drawbacks to being really tall as well."
Fran said still rubbing her leg.

'But isn't everyone gay for Moleman? Nicole quipped, giving a smirk as she paraphrased an episode.

"Well I guess that if the Simpsons say so it have to be right."
Helga said and smirked.

'Nah... PETA's too busy killing pets and spreading BS.' Nicole commented, flexing out her arms and massaging her neck.

"Agreed they tend to be assholes but yeah what I found online was just wrong, just wrong."
The young Euthanathos said and frowned at her phone.

'Can't comment... only saw one, once and... erm, no.' Nicole replied, sipping her new drink.

"Which one of the Nine did you see?"
Theodora asked and she ate a few onion rings.

(OOC: The ones mentioned in Horizon Stronghold of Hope yes.)

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 9 in the evening)

"I know, I know it's not. But we shall have to try."

"Well I guess there is no other choice I can't just give up but I am just so scared."
Kyle said and he looked down.
"Would you be scared if you risked...that ritual?"
He asked and glanced up at you.

"That could be a simpler way of putting it, yes."

"Perhaps one day I can help her find what she is looking for."
Your brother said with a weak smile.

"You're a part of the world, and if you were not the world is lesser for having lost you and your gifts. Besides, we're not really sure that Ascended avatars never return. We're not sure about a lot of things when it comes to avatars, they are a mystery. And the things that we think we're sure about, we keep learning more, that they are more nuanced than we thought."

"But I am just one guy."
Kyle protested.
"I don't matter."
He said then he considered what you where saying.
"Hum...I guess with Avatars they would not be as interesting if we knew everything about them, perhaps they are meant to be a mystery so we always have something to try to solve, it is like the ending to Lost yes, the series is really good as long as the mystery is there and then it kind of suck when everything is revealed."

"They are another group of Tradition mages. They deal with the underworld or dark umbra, life and death and fate; they are interested in preserving what they call the wheel, which seemsto me like what we talked about before. The natural cycle of things and beings. They know more about those kinds of mysteries than most."

"They sound interesting are there any of those mages at this Chantry?"
Kyle asked as he sipped his hot cocoa.

"I'm sure we'll probably return to this topic a number of times."

The young mage nodded at that.

He frowned a little. "Just our sister that I mentioned before. Perhaps you will meet her sometime, when things settle."

"The others are no longer with us then I take it...that sucks...did you meet any of them? What where they like?"
Kyle asked and he glanced over at you.

You saved the world, it felt good, and you love your parents. You wanted to do those things too, so to me that's a start."

"Well yes I want my parents to be safe I love them, and now I also have a brother and a teacher and then there is Danielle...I want and love allot of things but I also want non existence."
The young widderslainte said.

"If it were easy, it wouldn't be worth it."

"Yeah that is true."
Kyle said and smiled.
"I guess it is the complicated issues which are the most worthwhile."

"Yes, it can be a bit overwhelming and confusing, at first I felt as if I was not sure who I was, after some of them it was hard to coexist in the moment that I was living while feeling the past wash through me...try to think of your own self in this now, and the memory will hopefully settle into you and become a part of you.

Kyle nodded at that.
"Yeah I was him and I am me it is really confusion but I will try to do as you say and focus on the me here and now, that I am Raymond....ehm...Kyle and that I am alive in 2015...and try to let what I saw be just a memory."
The young mage agreed he still seamed a little out of it but he was recovering quickly.

Maybe now at least you'll understand why your hands are the way they are, and it won't seem so arbitrary." He sighed, finished the cup of cocoa and pulled the plug on the sink.

Your brother looked down at his hands again and nodded.
"It is good to know why I am this way why my hands act up and why I am afraid of having someone touch them. I am afraid of being restrained as well but there I know why which makes it easier but with my hands it have just seamed random, it is good to know it is not even if the reason why is rather horrible."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:26 pm

Anja's Post:
"I guess there are some drawbacks to being really tall as well."
Fran said still rubbing her leg.

'Jeez... you make me sound like I'm like nine foot or something.' she replied, rolling her eyes in a good-humoured way.

Anja's Post:
"Agreed they tend to be assholes but yeah what I found online was just wrong, just wrong."
The young Euthanathos said and frowned at her phone.

'Oh, if it's online it must be true!' Nicole replied sarcastically, grabbing some of the onion rings.

Anja's Post:
"Which one of the Nine did you see?"
Theodora asked and she ate a few onion rings.

'Spence. Couple years back. Doing a lab tour... y'know the drill. Think the plan was to impress him so he'd big us up later and we'd get more Scientists come to us. Don't think it worked.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:12 am

"Well I guess there is no other choice I can't just give up but I am just so scared."
Kyle said and he looked down.
"Would you be scared if you risked...that ritual?"
He asked and glanced up at you.

"Yes, I imagine so."

"But I am just one guy."
Kyle protested.
"I don't matter."
He said then he considered what you where saying.
"Hum...I guess with Avatars they would not be as interesting if we knew everything about them, perhaps they are meant to be a mystery so we always have something to try to solve, it is like the ending to Lost yes, the series is really good as long as the mystery is there and then it kind of suck when everything is revealed."

"Of course you do. Without your help, so many people would have died, Kyle. Or perhaps even worse. You matter very much."

"They sound interesting are there any of those mages at this Chantry?"
Kyle asked as he sipped his hot cocoa.

"Indeed there are."

"The others are no longer with us then I take it...that sucks...did you meet any of them? What where they like?"
Kyle asked and he glanced over at you.

"I only met one other in person, the rest died before I was apprenticed. But I have heard a lot about them and I'm sure in time you will also. My younger brother..well, honestly I did not get to know him as well as I might have done. I was more concerned about my own studies and I admit that I did not enjoy socializing much. Unfortunately, the Technocrats took advantage of catching him alone and unaware, and shot him in the back. It was terrible, he was still young..."

"Well yes I want my parents to be safe I love them, and now I also have a brother and a teacher and then there is Danielle...I want and love allot of things but I also want non existence."
The young widderslainte said.

"There's a bit of mutual exclusivity going on..." He sighed. "Well, let's bench that for now."

Kyle nodded at that. "Yeah I was him and I am me it is really confusion but I will try to do as you say and focus on the me here and now, that I am Raymond....ehm...Kyle and that I am alive in 2015...and try to let what I saw be just a memory."

"Be careful with your name, alright? Going forward, don't tell other people what your parents named you, use your apprentice name. It will help protect you from those that would use that information against you. Names are important."

Your brother looked down at his hands again and nodded. "It is good to know why I am this way why my hands act up and why I am afraid of having someone touch them. I am afraid of being restrained as well but there I know why which makes it easier but with my hands it have just seamed random, it is good to know it is not even if the reason why is rather horrible."

He nodded. "Well, what do you say to reading something for fun? There's not a TV in here. I don't have one, or I'd suggest that...I don't watch it a lot myself. Sometimes movies, but eventually we'll get some of your stuff back. Eh...I'm rambling...I just didn't want to leave you here with all of that on your shoulders."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:31 am

Colin wrote:He smiled, "Ah, but you've already proven yourself to be important, between handling Siege and Mrs. Cunningham - you should take some confidence out of that, but try to avoid pretentiousness."

Serge raised an eyebrow. "I don't think I really handled Siege in any capacity. But I will concede that I may have done more today than a new recruit is supposed to be doing."

"Can I ask why this is important to you Mr Yager?"
Yu Die asked.

".....I don't want to be forgotten. That's all...." was all that Serge said on the matter.

Colin wrote:He grinned, "Now, that is something I can help you with, at least. My own taxes are a little more complicated as a business owner with an employee to take into consideration, but I should be able to lend a hand with showing you the ropes."

"Thank you. That would be really helpful." Serge said with a grateful nod.

"And for some things this is so, is this song better than that song, is green prettier than pink all of this are open for individual opinions. However there are other things that are pretty hard and fast unless magick is used to change it, if you step out of a airplane you will hit the ground hard, if you put your hand on a hot stove you will burn your hand, and there are some things where there are a right and a wrong way to do it, there is a right and a wrong way to drive a car, bake a cake...it do not matter how much you feel like more milk in it, have to much compared to the dry ingredients and you end up with a soggy mess, even the colors you draw and paint with have been made the right way."
Rosa said as she glanced over at Serge.

"Magick is precisely the reason why some of those things can be flexible. Without it, then yeah, you win. But with it, you have to admit that the answer to a question is a lot harder." Serge said.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:05 am

[Rosa's apartment]
Serge raised an eyebrow. "I don't think I really handled Siege in any capacity. But I will concede that I may have done more today than a new recruit is supposed to be doing."
Colin grinned darkly, "I couldn't have tricked him into looking at my memories without you."

"Thank you. That would be really helpful." Serge said with a grateful nod.
He nodded, "Just bring all the paperwork around come end of March or so."

"Who was she in the former life?"
Rosa asked and glanced at Anna.
"If you don't mind me asking Sir."
He glanced down at Anna, "She was... a contemporary of Heylel Teomim, actually - she was there when the Traditions first came together as a makeshift war council..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:14 am

'Jeez... you make me sound like I'm like nine foot or something.' she replied, rolling her eyes in a good-humoured way.

"No not quite but let us just say that if we where all stuck in the butt with the bloody green serum, you are the one I would trust to get my ass safely out of there using physical means."
Fran said and grinned.
"Hey what am I? Chopped liver?"
Helga commented.
"I can shoot things."
She said and Fran nodded.
"So can I but you are not quite as...imposing as Nicole."
She said which made Helga chuckle.
"No I suppose not."

'Oh, if it's online it must be true!' Nicole replied sarcastically, grabbing some of the onion rings.

"It was a video...on a porn place, involving beetles....looked pretty real to me."
Fran said an she picked up a onion ring and nibbled on it.

'Spence. Couple years back. Doing a lab tour... y'know the drill. Think the plan was to impress him so he'd big us up later and we'd get more Scientists come to us. Don't think it worked.'

"Spence is nice enough but he is rather uneasy around women and he might be to much of a introvert for a leader. Mr Wainwright over at Steelhaven says he have had a vision that the Admiral will be taking his seat as the Council. I think that would be cool another female Council member."
Theodora said and smiled.
"Is she cute?"
Helga asked.
"Yeah she is in fact but last I heard she was dating that Virtual Adept, Master Dante."
The Tytalus commented.
"What a shame."
Helga said before drinking more."

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 9 30 in the evening)

"Yes, I imagine so."

Kyle nodded at that and frowned.
"I hate this fear, I would rather have pain than this fear."
He muttered.

"Of course you do. Without your help, so many people would have died, Kyle. Or perhaps even worse. You matter very much."

The young mage gave you a doubting look as if he could not really imagine that he mattered.
"Really? But I am just some kid and I did what everyone should do I protected my family and the girl I like and I mean anyone would do that..."

"Indeed there are."

"I have to talk with them at some point then, they sound interesting."
Kyle said and smiled.

"I only met one other in person, the rest died before I was apprenticed. But I have heard a lot about them and I'm sure in time you will also. My younger brother..well, honestly I did not get to know him as well as I might have done. I was more concerned about my own studies and I admit that I did not enjoy socializing much. Unfortunately, the Technocrats took advantage of catching him alone and unaware, and shot him in the back. It was terrible, he was still young..."

"It must be pretty dangerous to be a Flambeau."
Kyle said then he looked a little sad.
"That must have been hard on Master Morgan to loose his apprentices he do seam like he care allot."
He said then he added in a serious tone of voice.
"I guess we have to make sure we stay alive then so he do not get sad."

"There's a bit of mutual exclusivity going on..." He sighed. "Well, let's bench that for now."

"I but...no it all makes...well I...ehm...I guess we have to talk about it later."
Your brother said he seamed to be fighting against the idea that his desire for a happy life with his loved ones did not fit with his wish for nonexistence, it created a cognetive dissonance and he tried to push that away.

"Be careful with your name, alright? Going forward, don't tell other people what your parents named you, use your apprentice name. It will help protect you from those that would use that information against you. Names are important."

"I will try to remember Adley but it is a bit odd to have another name than my real one."
He said and sigh.
"Did you have an apprentice name and did you get a new one when you where not an apprentice anymore?"
He asked curiously.

He nodded. "Well, what do you say to reading something for fun? There's not a TV in here. I don't have one, or I'd suggest that...I don't watch it a lot myself. Sometimes movies, but eventually we'll get some of your stuff back. Eh...I'm rambling...I just didn't want to leave you here with all of that on your shoulders."

"I like reading. I have read out the books Mr Wainwright gave me and the ones I borrowed for you but I still have some left of the magazine Freddy gave me at the horpital."
Kyle said and he rumaged around in a plastic bag containing soe of his belonging.
"Yeah I hope some of my stuff can be gotten from our apartment eventually, but do not worry about a TV for now a magazine will do...ah here it is."
He said as he pulled out a magazine about computer games and put it on the table than he handed you a booklet.
"Freddy found these at the hospital kios as well, it is about a display of old Greek stuff at a local museum. I have already read the booklet would you like to have a look at it."
He said and offered the booklet to you.
"I was planning to give it to you before but I forgot."

[Serge and Colin] (Steelhaven at 9 30 in the evening)

"You have done a good job today kid."
Rosa said and smiled fondly.
"I have heard no one speak anything but good about you."

".....I don't want to be forgotten. That's all...." was all that Serge said on the matter.

"I am not going to forget you Sir."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"I had allot of fun today."

"Magick is precisely the reason why some of those things can be flexible. Without it, then yeah, you win. But with it, you have to admit that the answer to a question is a lot harder." Serge said.

"Well yes magick do make reality changeable, that is what is cool about it we have the power to change anything we want with enough study."
Rosa said and grinned.
"Even if I can only tell what time it is or how old something is and such yet."

He glanced down at Anna, "She was... a contemporary of Heylel Teomim, actually - she was there when the Traditions first came together as a makeshift war council..."

"That is so cool, do you have any memories of that Anna?"
Rosa asked and Anna shook her head.
"No Miss, there are some flashes there I guess, feelings of having seen something before an such but not direct memories though."
She said and nodded.
"Hum...I wonder if I ever have had a former life."
Rosa said and Yu Die nodded.
"Probably but not all remember them. I am sort of glad I do not remember mine for I do not want to do the ritual to have a full reincarnation I want to be Yu Die and not some other person."
The young Akashic said.
"It is possible to bring forth a complete reincarnation?"
Anna asked.
"Yeah the Akashic Brotherhood do it allot Anna but I don't want to do it, I want to be me."
The young girl said and smiled.
"Good you seam really nice I like you as you are."
Anna said an Yu Die smiled warmly at that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:07 am

Anja's Post:
"No not quite but let us just say that if we where all stuck in the butt with the bloody green serum, you are the one I would trust to get my ass safely out of there using physical means."
Fran said and grinned.
"Hey what am I? Chopped liver?"
Helga commented.
"I can shoot things."
She said and Fran nodded.
"So can I but you are not quite as...imposing as Nicole."
She said which made Helga chuckle.
"No I suppose not."

'Thatss the problem, that.' talking another slug of drink. 'Folk see me and think, "oh yeah a soldier, get her out to deal with shit". Nobodys asked my opinion of this.' ending with a thoughtful silence, running a hand over her arm, as though exploring it's tone.

Anja's Post:
"It was a video...on a porn place, involving beetles....looked pretty real to me."
Fran said an she picked up a onion ring and nibbled on it.

'So did the "alien autopsy" vid I saw.'

Anja's Post:
"Spence is nice enough but he is rather uneasy around women and he might be to much of a introvert for a leader. Mr Wainwright over at Steelhaven says he have had a vision that the Admiral will be taking his seat as the Council. I think that would be cool another female Council member."
Theodora said and smiled.
"Is she cute?"
Helga asked.
"Yeah she is in fact but last I heard she was dating that Virtual Adept, Master Dante."
The Tytalus commented.
"What a shame."
Helga said before drinking more."

'Visions smishions.' Nicole replied, waving it away with a somewhat drunken hand. 'Hate the idea that the future's already set... removes our choices. Not gonna say nothing against the guy, mind; after all he was one of the crop which walked out of the Union and did some "conspiring" to get us the Adepts. Bit long in the tooth, though... not realising we need changes of mind as well as matter.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:42 pm

'Thatss the problem, that.' talking another slug of drink. 'Folk see me and think, "oh yeah a soldier, get her out to deal with shit". Nobodys asked my opinion of this.' ending with a thoughtful silence, running a hand over her arm, as though exploring it's tone.

"I guess that is a problem yeah...sorry."
Fran said and sigh.
"So what are your opinion on it Nicole?"

So did the "alien autopsy" vid I saw.'

"How do you know that was not the Union dissecting some Bygone creature from the Umbra, also there is a difference between that and a woman literary having bugs crawl up her ass."
Fran protested.

'Visions smishions.' Nicole replied, waving it away with a somewhat drunken hand. 'Hate the idea that the future's already set... removes our choices.

"I see the future at times, however I do not think it is set, I think what one can see is a strong possibility unless one change it."
Theodora said and frowned.
"I do not think the ability to fortell the future would exist if we could not affect what we see."

Not gonna say nothing against the guy, mind; after all he was one of the crop which walked out of the Union and did some "conspiring" to get us the Adepts. Bit long in the tooth, though... not realising we need changes of mind as well as matter.'

"I agree Dr Spence is a good man but he is a bit to rigid and we need change, there are far to much of the Tradition's that go back to the Renaissance, I mean people are still being sentence to torture and slavery for crying out loud, we need change and Dr Spence for all he have achieved I doubt he will be the one to take us to that needed change."
Theodora said and frowned then she brought a hand to her head.
"Shit I am far to drunk for a serious conversation like that."
She commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:39 pm

Colin wrote:Colin grinned darkly, "I couldn't have tricked him into looking at my memories without you."

Serge gave a Colin a bit of a confused look. "Really? How? I don't recall that at all. I remember you realizing he was poking around your head on your own and then you tricking him on your own."

"You have done a good job today kid."
Rosa said and smiled fondly.
"I have heard no one speak anything but good about you."

"Really? That's good to hear." Serge said wondering who had been saying things like that.

"I am not going to forget you Sir."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"I had allot of fun today."

Serge smiled and said, "Thank you. I had a lot of fun too."

"Well yes magick do make reality changeable, that is what is cool about it we have the power to change anything we want with enough study."
Rosa said and grinned.
"Even if I can only tell what time it is or how old something is and such yet."

"But soon you'll be able to see the future. Than you'll lecture me before I start talking." Serge said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:06 pm

"Really? That's good to hear." Serge said wondering who had been saying things like that.

"You are kind, polite and eager to help out Serge off course the others will like you, I think you need to learn to think higher of yourself Cousin you are a good kid."
Rosa said fondly.
"Why else would your Mentor be so fond of you?"

Serge smiled and said, "Thank you. I had a lot of fun too."

"I liked the story we made with Princess Katie and Vincent and all the rest out on adventure."
Yu Die said and grinned, Anna looked a little confused and the young Akashic explained.
"We played a gave where we took turns at telling a story while Mr Yager drew the scenes it was really cool, we have the drawings so I can show you tomorrow or next time I am here."
She offered and Anna nodded and smiled.
"I would like that Yu Die."

"But soon you'll be able to see the future. Than you'll lecture me before I start talking." Serge said with a smile.

"Yes...I can do that then again I can also use it to know what sort of melody will help a person and things like that."
Rosa said and grinned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Serge gave a Colin a bit of a confused look. "Really? How? I don't recall that at all. I remember you realizing he was poking around your head on your own and then you tricking him on your own."
Colin grinned, "If you recall, you let it slip that you didn't have mental shields up, but that you're able to do so. Which gave me an opportunity to lure him in with my lack of magical defenses."
He tapped his temple with a fingertip, "That let me in essence control where and when he would try to intrude on my mind, so I could concentrate on the one memory that would be able to... distress him the most. The battle-scarred veteran without defenses against his specialty was too tempting a prize... and he found something he did not want to see."

"I liked the story we made with Princess Katie and Vincent and all the rest out on adventure."
Yu Die said and grinned, Anna looked a little confused and the young Akashic explained.
"We played a gave where we took turns at telling a story while Mr Yager drew the scenes it was really cool, we have the drawings so I can show you tomorrow or next time I am here."
He arched an eyebrow, "Now that sounds like something that could make a nice little profit in print."

"That is so cool, do you have any memories of that Anna?"
Rosa asked and Anna shook her head.
"No Miss, there are some flashes there I guess, feelings of having seen something before an such but not direct memories though."
She said and nodded.
"Hum...I wonder if I ever have had a former life."
Rosa said and Yu Die nodded.
"Probably but not all remember them. I am sort of glad I do not remember mine for I do not want to do the ritual to have a full reincarnation I want to be Yu Die and not some other person."
The young Akashic said.
"It is possible to bring forth a complete reincarnation?"
Anna asked.
"Yeah the Akashic Brotherhood do it allot Anna but I don't want to do it, I want to be me."
The young girl said and smiled.
"Good you seam really nice I like you as you are."
Anna said an Yu Die smiled warmly at that.
He smiled thinly, "I think most of us at some point remember bits and pieces of a previous incarnation - valuable lessons learned, perhaps, or highly emotional moments, like becoming a parent. Mainly things that left an impact, I think. Excepting, as was pointed out, the Akashics' complete reincarnations. Though I'm not sure those rituals they use are performed post-reincarnation. Or at least, post-Awakening. I would probably have to ask someone who's done it, though, to know for certain."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:46 pm

Colin grinned, "If you recall, you let it slip that you didn't have mental shields up, but that you're able to do so. Which gave me an opportunity to lure him in with my lack of magical defenses."
He tapped his temple with a fingertip, "That let me in essence control where and when he would try to intrude on my mind, so I could concentrate on the one memory that would be able to... distress him the most. The battle-scarred veteran without defenses against his specialty was too tempting a prize... and he found something he did not want to see."

"Messing with minds can go really wrong I guess this Siege learned that Sir."
Yu Die said and shivered.

He arched an eyebrow, "Now that sounds like something that could make a nice little profit in print."

"I agree Sir I think many would have liked to read the story, this planet of unicorn people where in danger and a magical princess, a warrior, a pirate and a few mages went on a mission to find a cure for them in a dark forest, it turned out pretty good."
The young Akashic said and smiled.
"I would like to read that book."
Anna said and Yu Die smiled more.

He smiled thinly, "I think most of us at some point remember bits and pieces of a previous incarnation - valuable lessons learned, perhaps, or highly emotional moments, like becoming a parent. Mainly things that left an impact, I think.

Yu Die nodded at that and smiled.
"Yeah I agree Sir that is what most mages eventually experience."

Excepting, as was pointed out, the Akashics' complete reincarnations. Though I'm not sure those rituals they use are performed post-reincarnation. Or at least, post-Awakening. I would probably have to ask someone who's done it, though, to know for certain."

"I do not know that much about it most of it are secrets and I am not initiated yet, but some of the rituals are done before you die, and some afterwards but usually but those already Awakened."
Yu Die explained.
"But I do not want that for myself I want to stay who I am."
The young girl explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:45 pm

Kyle nodded at that and frowned.
"I hate this fear, I would rather have pain than this fear."
He muttered.
The young mage gave you a doubting look as if he could not really imagine that he mattered.
"Really? But I am just some kid and I did what everyone should do I protected my family and the girl I like and I mean anyone would do that..."

"Fear is a warning of something bad that could happen. Pain is telling you something bad is happening. They both have a place, telling us that there's a threat, even for Flambeau who are supposed to be fearless. But in situations like this where we have to wait, those are the hardest ones. Because then it's purpose can be distorted, and it can take over our thoughts and it's harder to make good decisions. We're not meant to live in a long term state of alarm. But you're not alone, we're here for you and we'll do everything we can to help."

"Yes, really! For starters, you saved the entire dock, without your help we never would have known there was even a threat, and that didn't have anything to do with your family directly. You may also want to protect your family and friends, but you still helped us, and without your help we may have had much worse a time, or even failed and many people could have died, Kyle. I'm not exaggerating. The good you did mattered. You matter."

"It must be pretty dangerous to be a Flambeau."
Kyle said then he looked a little sad.
"That must have been hard on Master Morgan to loose his apprentices he do seam like he care allot."
He said then he added in a serious tone of voice.
"I guess we have to make sure we stay alive then so he do not get sad."

"We tend to have a high attrition rate...given what we do. I wish I'd spent more time getting to know him, or that I went with him that night. But perhaps all that would have achieved is I would have died too..." He frowned. "He cares very much, he is a good mentor to have...I feel closer to him than I ever did my birth parents."

"I but...no it all makes...well I...ehm...I guess we have to talk about it later."
Your brother said he seamed to be fighting against the idea that his desire for a happy life with his loved ones did not fit with his wish for nonexistence, it created a cognetive dissonance and he tried to push that away.

"Think about it later..."

"I will try to remember Adley but it is a bit odd to have another name than my real one."
He said and sigh.
"Did you have an apprentice name and did you get a new one when you where not an apprentice anymore?"
He asked curiously.

"For certain mages like us, knowing a 'real' as you put it, or True Name of someone or something gives you power over that thing or being. It's like your social security number, every password you have, your bank account information, your address, all of that stuff, but moreso and you do not wish your enemies to hold that power over you. And yes, I had an apprentice name before I picked the one I have now. Every apprentice is one in a link that will take you back to the Founder of each house, by adoption or direct lineage. The latter is not that common in our House, though, and probably not as common as it was back in the day."

"I like reading. I have read out the books Mr Wainwright gave me and the ones I borrowed for you but I still have some left of the magazine Freddy gave me at the horpital."
Kyle said and he rumaged around in a plastic bag containing soe of his belonging.
"Yeah I hope some of my stuff can be gotten from our apartment eventually, but do not worry about a TV for now a magazine will do...ah here it is."
He said as he pulled out a magazine about computer games and put it on the table than he handed you a booklet.
"Freddy found these at the hospital kios as well, it is about a display of old Greek stuff at a local museum. I have already read the booklet would you like to have a look at it."
He said and offered the booklet to you.
"I was planning to give it to you before but I forgot."

"Well, if it's one thing we have, it's good books." He smiled a little. "Thank you," he said, and took the booklet. "Hrm, you want to go to the exhibit? Tell me no if you really don't care to but it could be interesting. The Museum of Fine Arts is going to have a reading, looks like the Odyssey. I wonder if I can spare the time to go to the National Hellenistic Museum when I go to Chicago." Not that there wouldn't be many things to do, at least two of of them not pleasant, but it was supposed to be a good museum, if small. He flipped through the brochure, idly, for a while until it seemed things had calmed down enough to leave.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:12 pm

"You are kind, polite and eager to help out Serge off course the others will like you, I think you need to learn to think higher of yourself Cousin you are a good kid."
Rosa said fondly.
"Why else would your Mentor be so fond of you?"

Serge shrugged, "Dunno. I ask myself that question everyday. Why'd my mentor choose me? Why does she stick with me?"

Colin wrote:Colin grinned, "If you recall, you let it slip that you didn't have mental shields up, but that you're able to do so. Which gave me an opportunity to lure him in with my lack of magical defenses."

Serge grinned, "So it was mainly you taking advantage of me talking too much."

"That...really tested how fast I was able to draw." Serge said with a chuckle. "It was fun though. If I could I'd like to spend a bit more time on each of those drawings so they actually look decent rather than looking rushed."

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Now that sounds like something that could make a nice little profit in print."
"I agree Sir I think many would have liked to read the story, this planet of unicorn people where in danger and a magical princess, a warrior, a pirate and a few mages went on a mission to find a cure for them in a dark forest, it turned out pretty good."

"The adventure of princess Katie and her group of friends as they quest to save plane Unicornia? That sounds like it could be a fun kids book. Might need to revise the story a bit and...you know...give the pirate a name. I think we ended up calling him 'the pirate' for most of the story." Serge said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:20 pm

"Messing with minds can go really wrong I guess this Siege learned that Sir."
Yu Die said and shivered.
Colin nodded sagely, "Messing with anything can go really wrong... Even when you think the other person has no real defenses, you can run into a nasty surprise."

Serge grinned, "So it was mainly you taking advantage of me talking too much."
He grinned, "And I still couldn't have done it without you."

"The adventure of princess Katie and her group of friends as they quest to save plane Unicornia? That sounds like it could be a fun kids book. Might need to revise the story a bit and...you know...give the pirate a name. I think we ended up calling him 'the pirate' for most of the story." Serge said with a smile.
He smiled, "Well, pastel-coloured ponies are making a killing these days, it seems, to why not?"

"I do not know that much about it most of it are secrets and I am not initiated yet, but some of the rituals are done before you die, and some afterwards but usually but those already Awakened."
Yu Die explained.
"But I do not want that for myself I want to stay who I am."
The young girl explained.
He nodded, "I quite agree with that sentiment. I may remember... bits of past lives, but I am not them. Hell of a legacy, perhaps, but not the same."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:51 pm

Anja's Post:
"I guess that is a problem yeah...sorry."
Fran said and sigh.
"So what are your opinion on it Nicole?"

The large woman leaned back in the booth, eyes closed. Just as the others might expect she'd passed out or something, she spoke. 'I... I don't know... know what I don't want, but not what I do - if that makes sense.' giving a sigh and opening her eyes again.

'I do what is needed, know that. And when done, feels good.' shifting in her seat, grabbing her drink and taking a gulp. 'Perhaps they get me to do it 'cos they know me better than me, that it's the best way I can help save the world. But... now there's this bitch in the mirror. Some mornings I hate her. Others... I really like her. And want to see just how bitchy she can get.' Another silence, the Etherite showing all the hallmarks of one who felt they'd said too much.

Anja's Post:
"How do you know that was not the Union dissecting some Bygone creature from the Umbra, also there is a difference between that and a woman literally having bugs crawl up her ass."
Fran protested.

'Hah... the Rule of Porn. Whatever it is, somebody will get off on it. Reminds me of this documentary I saw about fucked-up guys who like heavy girls. K'now, really heavy... like so fat they can't walk.' ending with a little disgusted shudder.

Anja's Post:

"I see the future at times, however I do not think it is set, I think what one can see is a strong possibility unless one change it."
"I do not think the ability to fortell the future would exist if we could not affect what we see."

'Yeah... but does that vision take into account you saw the vision?' Nicole replied, taking another onion ring before continuing. 'Let's say you looked ahead and learned I died in a mission. But what is that future? Is it one where you warned me, I changed tactics and that got me killed, or one where you didn't warn me and it was my usual which bought me the farm?'

Anja's Post:
"I agree Dr Spence is a good man but he is a bit to rigid and we need change, there are far to much of the Tradition's that go back to the Renaissance, I mean people are still being sentence to torture and slavery for crying out loud, we need change and Dr Spence for all he have achieved I doubt he will be the one to take us to that needed change."
Theodora said and frowned then she brought a hand to her head.
"Shit I am far to drunk for a serious conversation like that."
She commented.

'What do you expect? We're only on the same side 'cos we've been pushed into it by the Mirrorshades. Don't actually agree one bit what the place should look like if we actually won.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:02 pm

The large woman leaned back in the booth, eyes closed. Just as the others might expect she'd passed out or something, she spoke. 'I... I don't know... know what I don't want, but not what I do - if that makes sense.' giving a sigh and opening her eyes again.

'I do what is needed, know that. And when done, feels good.' shifting in her seat, grabbing her drink and taking a gulp. 'Perhaps they get me to do it 'cos they know me better than me, that it's the best way I can help save the world. But... now there's this bitch in the mirror. Some mornings I hate her. Others... I really like her. And want to see just how bitchy she can get.' Another silence, the Etherite showing all the hallmarks of one who felt they'd said too much.

Fran was silent for a moment then she spoke.
"Perhaps you should spend more time trying to find out what you do what, I mean sure you are big and strong and are real good at kicking ass and there is a time when we all have to contribute with what we can do, and what we are good at but for everyday life we should follow a path that give us meaning you know. I mean the day some Technocrat asshole finally wins and it is all over, I don't want to spend my final moments thinking that I just lived for others and did not follow my own path."
The Euthanathos said.
"Or if my meditations show me that I should be dead...however my end comes I...argh...I am trying to formulate something here but my words seam to fail me."
The young death maga said and frowned.

Hah... the Rule of Porn. Whatever it is, somebody will get off on it. Reminds me of this documentary I saw about fucked-up guys who like heavy girls. K'now, really heavy... like so fat they can't walk.' ending with a little disgusted shudder.

"Perhaps it is control that attract those guys, the one who like the girls who can't walk, I mean they would be completely dependent on their partner that could turn some on right?"
Helga said and sigh.
"Where what they should do was to get their lovers some medical help, it is completely fine to be fat but if you can't walk you have a problem and need help."

'Yeah... but does that vision take into account you saw the vision?' Nicole replied, taking another onion ring before continuing. 'Let's say you looked ahead and learned I died in a mission. But what is that future? Is it one where you warned me, I changed tactics and that got me killed, or one where you didn't warn me and it was my usual which bought me the farm?'

"That is where interpretation comes into the picture when it comes to premonitions, one can not just accept what one see at face value one have to interpret what one see as well."
"But if one o that one can definitively get some use out of it."

'What do you expect? We're only on the same side 'cos we've been pushed into it by the Mirrorshades. Don't actually agree one bit what the place should look like if we actually won.'

"This is true enough I mean half the Traditions where in war with one another before they joined up and the only reason why we did so was that the Order of Reason where kicking our collective asses so there is safety in numbers."
Fran said and sigh.
"I am not sure we can ever find something with will truly unify us."

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 9 30 in the evening)

"Fear is a warning of something bad that could happen. Pain is telling you something bad is happening. They both have a place, telling us that there's a threat, even for Flambeau who are supposed to be fearless. But in situations like this where we have to wait, those are the hardest ones. Because then it's purpose can be distorted, and it can take over our thoughts and it's harder to make good decisions. We're not meant to live in a long term state of alarm. But you're not alone, we're here for you and we'll do everything we can to help."

"I am just so afraid that it will all go wrong and I will loose my Avatar...loose my magick, what if it happens...what if...."
Kyle said and he was shivering now.
"I...thank you I know you are here for me and Master Morgan and my parents and I will try to be brave and wait but it is so hard....it is hard not to think about it all the time, what will become of me if t all go wrong and they...decide to..."
The young mage turned away and wiped at his eyes.
"It just all suck!"
He declared angrily.

"Yes, really! For starters, you saved the entire dock, without your help we never would have known there was even a threat, and that didn't have anything to do with your family directly. You may also want to protect your family and friends, but you still helped us, and without your help we may have had much worse a time, or even failed and many people could have died, Kyle. I'm not exaggerating. The good you did mattered. You matter."

Kyle was silent for a moment then he smiled a little and nodded accepting what you where saying.
"That...is nice...I guess I did...make a difference and that makes me feel nice."
She said and looked up at you.

"We tend to have a high attrition rate...given what we do. I wish I'd spent more time getting to know him, or that I went with him that night. But perhaps all that would have achieved is I would have died too..." He frowned. "He cares very much, he is a good mentor to have...I feel closer to him than I ever did my birth parents."

"I am sure your or our I guess brother would have liked if you had tried to get to know him better but if the Techno crazy just attached him I am not so sure you being there would have done anything but get you both killed and that would have been bad."
Kyle said.
"I doubt I will ever care for someone else as much as my own parents but I do really like Master Morgan he is cool."
He said and nodded.
"I will try to make him proud of me."

"Think about it later..."

"Yeah the whole thing makes my head hurt."
You brother complained.

"For certain mages like us, knowing a 'real' as you put it, or True Name of someone or something gives you power over that thing or being. It's like your social security number, every password you have, your bank account information, your address, all of that stuff, but moreso and you do not wish your enemies to hold that power over you. And yes, I had an apprentice name before I picked the one I have now. Every apprentice is one in a link that will take you back to the Founder of each house, by adoption or direct lineage. The latter is not that common in our House, though, and probably not as common as it was back in the day."

"I will try to keep my birth name a secret."
Kyle promised.
"Do that mean that Jeffry Morgan is not the name that Master Morgan was given by his parents when he was born either?"
He asked then he added.
"If all go well and I get to keep my Avatar and all and I get to be initiated one day do that mean I get to pick my own name at that time?"

"Well, if it's one thing we have, it's good books." He smiled a little.

"Yeah I heard that the Chantry have it's own library."
Kyle said and smiled.
"I am going there tomorrow with Mr Yager I think I already told you that though."

"Thank you," he said, and took the booklet. "Hrm, you want to go to the exhibit? Tell me no if you really don't care to but it could be interesting.

"Yeah it would be allot of fun to go to the exhibit."
Kyla said and nodded.
"I like museums and old stuff and such."

The Museum of Fine Arts is going to have a reading, looks like the Odyssey. I wonder if I can spare the time to go to the National Hellenistic Museum when I go to Chicago." Not that there wouldn't be many things to do, at least two of of them not pleasant, but it was supposed to be a good museum, if small. He flipped through the brochure, idly, for a while until it seemed things had calmed down enough to leave.

"I have read the Odyssey they had it at a library I lived close to for a while."
Your brother commented.
"It was really cool...hum Chicago you are going there?"
He asked before he settled down on the sofa and picked up his magazine to read. The booklet you had been given held some information on the exhibit, a display of ancient Greek artifacts, mostly jewelry, pottery and other personal items with some pictures and information on some of the items. Eventually Kyle started yawning, it had been a long and stressful day and with the experimental treatment he had been given at the hospital he probably needed rest to get it all out of his system, along with everything else that had happened.

Serge shrugged, "Dunno. I ask myself that question everyday. Why'd my mentor choose me? Why does she stick with me?"

"Because you are a good person Serge, you are worth the effort."
Rosa said and she gave you a small smile.

"That...really tested how fast I was able to draw." Serge said with a chuckle. "It was fun though. If I could I'd like to spend a bit more time on each of those drawings so they actually look decent rather than looking rushed."

"Well they did add more to the story Sir, and you can always fix the drawing up later if you want to."
The young Akashic commented.

"It would need a bit of revision but it is a good story, and yeah the pirate had a name at first but I think we forgot it halfway through the story and he was just the pirate trying out outdo Vincent."
Yu Die said and she giggled.
"We could clean the story up and shelf publish it though Lulu, perhaps someone would buy it."
She suggested.

Colin nodded sagely, "Messing with anything can go really wrong... Even when you think the other person has no real defenses, you can run into a nasty surprise."

"Yeah I know Sir...I know all to well."
Yu Die said and she frowned deeply.

He smiled, "Well, pastel-coloured ponies are making a killing these days, it seems, to why not?"

"Well they are cute and besides everyone loves ponies."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"Especially the ones with horns."

He nodded, "I quite agree with that sentiment. I may remember... bits of past lives, but I am not them. Hell of a legacy, perhaps, but not the same."

"Yeah, I do not really remember anything of my past lives Sir but even if I did those would be memories, lessons from the past but I think for reincarnation to have a point then it have to be a new life with a new path and not just a continuation of the old."
The young Akashic said.
"I do not think my Mentor would pressure me into a full reincarnation though even if I started to have past life memories, he is pretty cool."
She added and smiled.
"If he did I could kick him, I am pretty good at that."
Anna offered and Yu Die grinned.
"Thanks but my Mentor is pretty good at kicking to if he have to so let us try to avoid that shall we."
She said sounding amused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next