Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:28 pm

"I am just so afraid that it will all go wrong and I will loose my Avatar...loose my magick, what if it happens...what if...."
Kyle said and he was shivering now.
"I...thank you I know you are here for me and Master Morgan and my parents and I will try to be brave and wait but it is so hard....it is hard not to think about it all the time, what will become of me if t all go wrong and they...decide to..."
The young mage turned away and wiped at his eyes.
"It just all suck!"
He declared angrily.

"I know, I know it is. For now, why don't we try to talk about something else...okay?"

Kyle was silent for a moment then he smiled a little and nodded accepting what you where saying.
"That...is nice...I guess I did...make a difference and that makes me feel nice."
She said and looked up at you.

"Very few people so explicitly and literally save the world, but in other ways they too can matter. It's not going to be every day that you save the dock, for instance, but that doesn't mean that you don't matter the days in between or after."

"I am sure your or our I guess brother would have liked if you had tried to get to know him better but if the Techno crazy just attached him I am not so sure you being there would have done anything but get you both killed and that would have been bad."
Kyle said.
"I doubt I will ever care for someone else as much as my own parents but I do really like Master Morgan he is cool."
He said and nodded.
"I will try to make him proud of me."

"Maybe they would have thought two was two two many, instead of picking off a lone kid. But I can't do anything about it now, and it's true I could just have died also."

"I will try to keep my birth name a secret."
Kyle promised.
"Do that mean that Jeffry Morgan is not the name that Master Morgan was given by his parents when he was born either?"
He asked then he added.
"If all go well and I get to keep my Avatar and all and I get to be initiated one day do that mean I get to pick my own name at that time?"

"That's right, yes you pick your own name in due time, as did our mentor and I did for myself."

"Yeah it would be allot of fun to go to the exhibit."
Kyla said and nodded.
"I like museums and old stuff and such."

"Alright, maybe once we get your Greek language lessons going it will make a good field trip."

"I have read the Odyssey they had it at a library I lived close to for a while."
Your brother commented.
"It was really cool...hum Chicago you are going there?"
He asked before he settled down on the sofa and picked up his magazine to read. The booklet you had been given held some information on the exhibit, a display of ancient Greek artifacts, mostly jewelry, pottery and other personal items with some pictures and information on some of the items. Eventually Kyle started yawning, it had been a long and stressful day and with the experimental treatment he had been given at the hospital he probably needed rest to get it all out of his system, along with everything else that had happened.

"Yes...there are...some things that need taking care of there," he said, frowning a little, but didn't want to talk about it. Then he turned the brochure to the back, to see if they were going to have any armors or weapons in the collection. When he saw Kyle tiring and seeming a bit less upset, he offered him a goodnight and headed out.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:00 am

Anja's Post:
Fran was silent for a moment then she spoke.
"Perhaps you should spend more time trying to find out what you do what, I mean sure you are big and strong and are real good at kicking ass and there is a time when we all have to contribute with what we can do, and what we are good at but for everyday life we should follow a path that give us meaning you know. I mean the day some Technocrat asshole finally wins and it is all over, I don't want to spend my final moments thinking that I just lived for others and did not follow my own path."
The Euthanathos said.
"Or if my meditations show me that I should be dead...however my end comes I...argh...I am trying to formulate something here but my words seam to fail me."
The young death maga said and frowned.

'Have been thinking - which is the problem.' Nicole replied, giving a sigh. 'Much easier when you're doing stuff. Know what I do want right now... another drink. Something stupid and with an umbrella.'

Anja's Post:
"Perhaps it is control that attract those guys, the one who like the girls who can't walk, I mean they would be completely dependent on their partner that could turn some on right?"
Helga said and sigh.
"Where what they should do was to get their lovers some medical help, it is completely fine to be fat but if you can't walk you have a problem and need help."

'Think it's when a kink meets a creep, me. That she isn't a person, just a thing which ticks the boxes. Nothing matters except bigger ticks in boxes. That every "nice" word or action is just to get her to drop her guard, to drag her into his fucked-up little world... then show his true self only when she's in so deep she's stuck. Literally, if you're 400 pounds.'

'What the hell is wrong with men?' the disgust clear.

Anja's Post:
"That is where interpretation comes into the picture when it comes to premonitions, one can not just accept what one see at face value one have to interpret what one see as well."
Theodora said and frowned.
"But if one o that one can definitively get some use out of it."

'Interpretation: the ability to make 2+2=5 and prove diet books make people fat.' Nicole quipped, though the smirk made it clear she was joking.

Anja's Post:
"This is true enough I mean half the Traditions where in war with one another before they joined up and the only reason why we did so was that the Order of Reason where kicking our collective asses so there is safety in numbers."
Fran said and sigh.
"I am not sure we can ever find something with will truly unify us."

'Easy: defeating the enemy.' the large woman replied, swiping the last onion rings. 'Once that's done, then we can fall out, like World War Two.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:03 am

[Rosa's apartment]
"Yeah I know Sir...I know all to well."
Yu Die said and she frowned deeply.
Colin looked down at Yu Die, sighed softly, and ruffled her hair lightly as his eyes focused on something some 5,700 miles and 25 years away, "Kid, take this from an old war veteran... Some times, you end up harming people without meaning to. The guilt will probably never go away... but it gets a little more bearable to live with in time. And as a matter of personal experience - you can use it as motivation for not making the same mistake again. To improve your fine control over what makes you dangerous, to hone your precision. You're a Mage, which means that most of what you can do can be a hazard to someone's health... so it's on you to master what you can do, rather than let your power master you, alright?"

"Well they are cute and besides everyone loves ponies."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"Especially the ones with horns."
He grinned and winked, "Wings, you mean."

"Yeah, I do not really remember anything of my past lives Sir but even if I did those would be memories, lessons from the past but I think for reincarnation to have a point then it have to be a new life with a new path and not just a continuation of the old."
The young Akashic said.
"I do not think my Mentor would pressure me into a full reincarnation though even if I started to have past life memories, he is pretty cool."
She added and smiled.
"If he did I could kick him, I am pretty good at that."
Anna offered and Yu Die grinned.
"Thanks but my Mentor is pretty good at kicking to if he have to so let us try to avoid that shall we."
She said sounding amused.
He looked down at Anna and shook his head, "Sweetie, no trying to kick anyone from the Akashic Brotherhood. I'd wager good money that if you tried, Dr. Wong would neatly fold you up and hand you over to me, tied up like a roast with a pink ribbon and a disappointed frown."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:47 am

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 9 30 in the evening)

"I know, I know it is. For now, why don't we try to talk about something else...okay?"

"Yeah talking about something else would be really good."
Kyle said and he nodded.
"I really don't want to think about this."
He muttered he was still shivering as if cold though.

"Very few people so explicitly and literally save the world, but in other ways they too can matter. It's not going to be every day that you save the dock, for instance, but that doesn't mean that you don't matter the days in between or after."

"Like with being nice to people and helping someone out or something like that, make someone's day just a little bit better?"
Your brother asked.
"For I can do that."

"Maybe they would have thought two was two two many, instead of picking off a lone kid. But I can't do anything about it now, and it's true I could just have died also."

"You could not have been at our brother's side every hour of the day, what if he had fallen in the showever and hit his head and if you had been there you could have called an ambulance but you could not be with him showering every time for that would just be weird, sometimes horrible things happen and it sounds to me that that only ones at fault where the Union."
Your brother commented and frowned.

"That's right, yes you pick your own name in due time, as did our mentor and I did for myself."

"That is going to be really cool."
Kyle said and grinned.

"Alright, maybe once we get your Greek language lessons going it will make a good field trip."

"I am goig to learn Greek?"
The young mage said sounding a bit surprised.
"Well that is cool, yeah then going to see the Greek exhibition would be nice."
He agreed and nodded.

"Yes...there are...some things that need taking care of there," he said, frowning a little, but didn't want to talk about it.

"Ok safe travels then."
Kyle said he might have noticed that you did not want to talk about it so he did not ask further about it.

Then he turned the brochure to the back, to see if they were going to have any armors or weapons in the collection.

There where no armors but there where a few daggers and bronze swords.

When he saw Kyle tiring and seeming a bit less upset, he offered him a goodnight and headed out.

"Yeah good night Adley sleep well."
Kyle said and he yawed again before he continued to read his magazine.

[Nicole] (Out with the girls at 10 30 in the evening)

'Have been thinking - which is the problem.' Nicole replied, giving a sigh. 'Much easier when you're doing stuff. Know what I do want right now... another drink. Something stupid and with an umbrella.'

"Yeah Umbrella drinks, the perfect thing to have when one do not want to think."
Fran agreed.
"I would not say no to an umbrella drink."
Theodora said.
"I will get them, what do everyone want?"
Fran said and stood a bit unsteady.
"Wow the floor is uneven."
She complained.

'Think it's when a kink meets a creep, me. That she isn't a person, just a thing which ticks the boxes. Nothing matters except bigger ticks in boxes. That every "nice" word or action is just to get her to drop her guard, to drag her into his fucked-up little world... then show his true self only when she's in so deep she's stuck. Literally, if you're 400 pounds.'

'What the hell is wrong with men?' the disgust clear.

"I am sure there are creepy women as well but yeah I have this plump friend, not 400 pounds but she is pretty overweight and she get these creepy emails from men, and the creepy thing is that some of them just think she should be grateful that she get attention and they think that with a fat girl she is to desperate to say no and they get really angry when she do. And then there is the fetishists who want someone who is fat and they don't see her as a person just a life support system for their fetish, it is the same with anything else this Traditionmate I have from India who have hair to her knees get it, big boobed girls get it, I mean there is no problem with being into something and really like it, I mean I am a ass girl myself but when you just see the person as a life support system for what you are turned on by then we have a problem."
Fran grumbled.

'Interpretation: the ability to make 2+2=5 and prove diet books make people fat.' Nicole quipped, though the smirk made it clear she was joking.

"Yes well I am going to keep that in mind if I ever see you captured by the Union and made into some Progenitor's butt toy, that I should not mention it so you could shoot him instead."
Theodora joked.

Easy: defeating the enemy.' the large woman replied, swiping the last onion rings. 'Once that's done, then we can fall out, like World War Two.'

"I do wonder how long it would take for us to tun on one another if we defeated the other factions."
Helga said and frowned.
"I want those little filled olives things."
Fran said and Theodora looked at her.
"Random comment is random."

[Colin and Serge] (Steelhaven at 9 30 in the evening)

Colin looked down at Yu Die, sighed softly, and ruffled her hair lightly as his eyes focused on something some 5,700 miles and 25 years away, "Kid, take this from an old war veteran... Some times, you end up harming people without meaning to. The guilt will probably never go away... but it gets a little more bearable to live with in time. And as a matter of personal experience - you can use it as motivation for not making the same mistake again. To improve your fine control over what makes you dangerous, to hone your precision. You're a Mage, which means that most of what you can do can be a hazard to someone's health... so it's on you to master what you can do, rather than let your power master you, alright?"

Yu Die looked at you tears appearing in her eyes.
"My Mentor say the same Sir, that I need to learn control but it is hard to get over having cause four pepole to die...I did that when I Awakened, I killed people I am a murderer."
She whispered. Anna was about to say something, probably something somewhat creepy but realizing it was not the time Rosa quickly distracted her by pushing a glass of soda into her hands. Yu Die sigh and nodded.
"But I know Sir, all I can do is try to to learn more control, but I never want to affect someone's mind with magick again."

e grinned and winked, "Wings, you mean."

"No there are unicorns as well in My Little Pony Sir I like unicorns better than pegasuses...pegasi...whatever many peragus-er are."
The young Akashic said and grinned.

He looked down at Anna and shook his head, "Sweetie, no trying to kick anyone from the Akashic Brotherhood. I'd wager good money that if you tried, Dr. Wong would neatly fold you up and hand you over to me, tied up like a roast with a pink ribbon and a disappointed frown."

"Oh...that would be bad Mentor."
Anna said and frowned.
"I better not kick him then."
She said and sigh.
"More likely he would just sidestep the kick while continuing whatever he was doing."
Yu Die said sounding amused.
"That would be even force that means I would be ignored as a annoying fly!"
Anna grumbled which made Yu Die giggle.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:52 am

"Because you are a good person Serge, you are worth the effort."
Rosa said and she gave you a small smile.

"Well I'll certainly try my best to make sure I stay that way." Serge said with a smile.

"Well they did add more to the story Sir, and you can always fix the drawing up later if you want to."
The young Akashic commented.

"I might do that. You know that was a lot of drawings. I think there were more than 30 over the course of the story." Serge said tilting his head as he tried to recall the lengthy story he had illustrated.

"It would need a bit of revision but it is a good story, and yeah the pirate had a name at first but I think we forgot it halfway through the story and he was just the pirate trying out outdo Vincent."
Yu Die said and she giggled.
"We could clean the story up and shelf publish it though Lulu, perhaps someone would buy it."
She suggested.

"Poor pirate. I actually really liked him. He was always trying to steal the treasure or loot the enemies. Vincent was still my favorite though. Duel-wielding swords is always cool." Serge said with a smile.

"It might sell. Maybe...." Serge said sounding incredulous. "Might be better if we just post it online for anyone to view. I have been thinking about putting more of my art online."

Colin wrote:He smiled, "Well, pastel-coloured ponies are making a killing these days, it seems, to why not?"
"Well they are cute and besides everyone loves ponies."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"Especially the ones with horns."

"I don't think there were many unicorns in the story." Serge said thinking for a bit. "It was mostly cat-themed attacks and Unicorn themed gadgets. There were normal horses though."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:01 am

Yu Die looked at you tears appearing in her eyes.
"My Mentor say the same Sir, that I need to learn control but it is hard to get over having cause four pepole to die...I did that when I Awakened, I killed people I am a murderer."
She whispered. Anna was about to say something, probably something somewhat creepy but realizing it was not the time Rosa quickly distracted her by pushing a glass of soda into her hands. Yu Die sigh and nodded.
"But I know Sir, all I can do is try to to learn more control, but I never want to affect someone's mind with magick again."
Colin smiled sadly, "You are not a murderer. I've heard what happened; you were scared, confused, and defending yourself instinctively. No legal system I know of would call that murder; that would have required premeditation. There's so much more you can do with people's minds that is not directly harmful - you can calm down someone who's in an out-of-control rage, you can tell whether someone is telling the truth or lying without actually invading their mind, you can help people heal. When I Awakened, it was the single most traumatic experience of my life, and I was broken for years afterwards... When I came here, I got help; the trauma was carefully separated from my memory, and either removed or sealed away - never quite got that detail quite clear - and I am able to actually function properly in society today. That's why you should learn to finely control what you can do with magic - not necessarily to do any of the things I mentioned, but to make sure you know exactly what you are doing when you have to use it."

"I don't think there were many unicorns in the story." Serge said thinking for a bit. "It was mostly cat-themed attacks and Unicorn themed gadgets. There were normal horses though."
He nodded, "Right, I meant more that the general flavour of appropriate children's entertainment is enjoying a well-earned renaissance of the eighties and nineties after the deplorable aughties."

"No there are unicorns as well in My Little Pony Sir I like unicorns better than pegasuses...pegasi...whatever many peragus-er are."
He chuckled, "I know. I have a Wonderbolt keychain figurine next to my computer, though - but as a pilot, I may be biased. I believe the plural is pegasi."

"Oh...that would be bad Mentor."
Anna said and frowned.
"I better not kick him then."
She said and sigh.
"More likely he would just sidestep the kick while continuing whatever he was doing."
Yu Die said sounding amused.
"That would be even force that means I would be ignored as a annoying fly!"
Anna grumbled which made Yu Die giggle.
He chuckled, "Best not do anything that would only end up with bruising your ego. At least if you can at all avoid it."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:01 am

Anja's Post:
"Yeah Umbrella drinks, the perfect thing to have when one do not want to think."
Fran agreed.
"I would not say no to an umbrella drink."
Theodora said.
"I will get them, what do everyone want?"
Fran said and stood a bit unsteady.
"Wow the floor is uneven."
She complained.

'This ain't no cocktail bar. You'll have to see what barman can whip up.'

Anja's Post:
"I am sure there are creepy women as well but yeah I have this plump friend, not 400 pounds but she is pretty overweight and she get these creepy emails from men, and the creepy thing is that some of them just think she should be grateful that she get attention and they think that with a fat girl she is to desperate to say no and they get really angry when she do. And then there is the fetishists who want someone who is fat and they don't see her as a person just a life support system for their fetish, it is the same with anything else this Traditionmate I have from India who have hair to her knees get it, big boobed girls get it, I mean there is no problem with being into something and really like it, I mean I am a ass girl myself but when you just see the person as a life support system for what you are turned on by then we have a problem."
Fran grumbled.

'You grumble? Shit, at least you ain't ticking no kink boxes.' Nicole replied, giving a little snort.

Anja's Post:
"Yes well I am going to keep that in mind if I ever see you captured by the Union and made into some Progenitor's butt toy, that I should not mention it so you could shoot him instead."
Theodora joked.

'Naturally. This baby-' slapping her wide hip '-is an ass-lover's magnet. Nah... they'll turn out to be a creep, make it seventy inches and only get me yoga pants.' shaking her head sadly, not making it clear what part she actually objected to.

Anja's Post:
"I do wonder how long it would take for us to tun on one another if we defeated the other factions."
Helga said and frowned.
"I want those little filled olives things."
Fran said and Theodora looked at her.
"Random comment is random."

'Hmm... right at the end, me thinks. When Mirrorshades are rushing to surrender to us and the Adepts, not the others for some strange reason. Then one big fish surrenders to us with something tasty, like an intact HIT-Mark factory. Another takes offence, demands access, is denied. Then the fireballs start to fly...' ending with a shake of the head.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:54 am

Colin smiled sadly, "You are not a murderer. I've heard what happened; you were scared, confused, and defending yourself instinctively. No legal system I know of would call that murder; that would have required premeditation.

"I did not want to hurt them Mr Wainwright and if I could have taken it all back it would but the fact of the matter is that four people are dead and I am to blame."
Yu Die said sadly and she wiped her tears away but they where replaced by fresh ones.

There's so much more you can do with people's minds that is not directly harmful - you can calm down someone who's in an out-of-control rage, you can tell whether someone is telling the truth or lying without actually invading their mind, you can help people heal. When I Awakened, it was the single most traumatic experience of my life, and I was broken for years afterwards... When I came here, I got help; the trauma was carefully separated from my memory, and either removed or sealed away - never quite got that detail quite clear - and I am able to actually function properly in society today. That's why you should learn to finely control what you can do with magic - not necessarily to do any of the things I mentioned, but to make sure you know exactly what you are doing when you have to use it."

Yu Die looked at you trying to stop hersel from crying.
"You were helped by someone using what the Tradition's call Mind Magick Sir?"
She asked.
"It can be used to heal as well as harm?"
She asked sounding surprised.

He nodded, "Right, I meant more that the general flavour of appropriate children's entertainment is enjoying a well-earned renaissance of the eighties and nineties after the deplorable aughties."

"I have some eighties and nineties cartoons on DVD Sir they are fun."
Yu Die said the she glanced at Anna.
"Perhaps with your permission if Anna want I could bring them over so we could watch them sometime when I am visiting my brother."
The young Akashic asked and Anna nodded.
"I would like that, can I Mentor?"
Your apprentice said and she smiled up at you.

He chuckled, "I know. I have a Wonderbolt keychain figurine next to my computer, though - but as a pilot, I may be biased. I believe the plural is pegasi."

"I like the pegasi to Sir but I like the unicorns better, unicorns are cool."
Yu Die said and grinned.

He chuckled, "Best not do anything that would only end up with bruising your ego. At least if you can at all avoid it."

"Okey, okey no kicking then."
Anna said and Yu Die smiled.
"Good I would not want you to kick my Mentor, you would not like it if I kicked yours...ehm sorry Sir."
She said and Anna sigh.
"No...I would not want that...ok then no kicking."

"Well I'll certainly try my best to make sure I stay that way." Serge said with a smile.

"I am sure you will Serge."
Rosa said and smiled.

"I might do that. You know that was a lot of drawings. I think there were more than 30 over the course of the story." Serge said tilting his head as he tried to recall the lengthy story he had illustrated.

"Yeah there was allot of drawings Sir I am amazed that you where able to draw that quickly."
Yu Die agreed.

"Poor pirate. I actually really liked him. He was always trying to steal the treasure or loot the enemies. Vincent was still my favorite though. Duel-wielding swords is always cool." Serge said with a smile.

"Cool perhaps and rather difficult to get good at."
Yu Die said.
"But yeah poor pirate his attempts never went that well."

"It might sell. Maybe...." Serge said sounding incredulous. "Might be better if we just post it online for anyone to view. I have been thinking about putting more of my art online."

Could make it free online for those who want to download it with the option to buy it as an actual book or those who prefer to read on paper."
Yu Die agreed.
"You should you are really good at drawing Sir."
She said and smiled.

"You are forgetting Dr Moonlight's robot unicorn Sir."
"And robot unicorns are even better than regular unicorns I wonder why the Technocrazy have not made any."
She added and smiled.
"Well I do think their mission to destroy all magick would be somewhat ruined if the MiBs rode into town on robot unicorns."
Anna said and she raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah probably but they would get more style points."
Yu Die said and laughed.

[Nicole] (Out with the girls at 10 30 in the evening)

'This ain't no cocktail bar. You'll have to see what barman can whip up.'

"Ok I will ask him...but what bar don't have drinks with umbrellas."
Fran said as she stumbled off after a while she returned and said.
"The man at the bar said he could make drinks with some strawberry juice and orange juice gin and some other stuff, I ordered four of them and told him to have plenty of umbrellas on them."
She announced clearly proud of herself.

'You grumble? Shit, at least you ain't ticking no kink boxes.' Nicole replied, giving a little snort.

"I guess I am lucky I only get the regular creeps."
The Euthanathos muttered.
"When I get dick picks I should start sending them pictures of my gun collection in return."

'Naturally. This baby-' slapping her wide hip '-is an ass-lover's magnet. Nah... they'll turn out to be a creep, make it seventy inches and only get me yoga pants.' shaking her head sadly, not making it clear what part she actually objected to.

"Well it is a nice ass but it would be nice if they also respected you as a person."
Theodora commented.
"I'll drink to that?"
Helga muttered.
"To what Nicole's ass?"
Fran asked.
"Ehm...I forgot to what but I want to drink anyway."
The Cultist said and grinned.

'Hmm... right at the end, me thinks. When Mirrorshades are rushing to surrender to us and the Adepts, not the others for some strange reason. Then one big fish surrenders to us with something tasty, like an intact HIT-Mark factory. Another takes offence, demands access, is denied. Then the fireballs start to fly...' ending with a shake of the head.

"Unfortunatly I think you are probably right about that and that will be allot of shit, Chantries will break apart...Cabals as we all turn on one another."
"Perhaps we can become more unified before then?"
Fran said and Helga sigh.
"I hope so but I do not have a great hope for it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:13 pm

"I did not want to hurt them Mr Wainwright and if I could have taken it all back it would but the fact of the matter is that four people are dead and I am to blame."
Yu Die said sadly and she wiped her tears away but they where replaced by fresh ones.
Colin nodded and handed Yu Die a clean handkerchief, "I know... I've been there, myself, 25 years ago... much more than four people, too. The context is a little different, but ultimately, it's the same thing - my actions directly caused the deaths of several people I had no wish to hurt. But, like you, I did not know what was happening at the time, and that... might be the only saving grace for us where those victims are concerned. But neither of us committed murder at those times. That definition is quite specific."

She asked.
He nodded, smiling warmly, "Almost everything and anything can be used to heal or harm. Fire can be used to incinerate an adversary, or to cauterize a bleeding wound. Life magic can be used to cure or inflict a disease. A hammer can be a terrible weapon, or a wonderful tool to build. It all boils down to the will behind the action; everything after that is a question of skill and precision."

"I have some eighties and nineties cartoons on DVD Sir they are fun."
Yu Die said the she glanced at Anna.
"Perhaps with your permission if Anna want I could bring them over so we could watch them sometime when I am visiting my brother."
The young Akashic asked and Anna nodded.
"I would like that, can I Mentor?"
Your apprentice said and she smiled up at you.
He nodded sternly, "On one condition - I or Freddy Adlebloom check them for content first. We don't have to watch everything, necessarily, just make sure a few particular elements are not featured."

"I like the pegasi to Sir but I like the unicorns better, unicorns are cool."
Yu Die said and grinned.
He grinned, "Compromise and say alicorn princess?"

"Okey, okey no kicking then."
Anna said and Yu Die smiled.
"Good I would not want you to kick my Mentor, you would not like it if I kicked yours...ehm sorry Sir."
She said and Anna sigh.
"No...I would not want that...ok then no kicking."
He nodded sagely, "No, I would not like it if you kicked me, either. If your brother's any indication, getting kicked by you would be quite unpleasant, to say the least. no apology needed, unless you actually do kick me."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:46 pm

Colin nodded and handed Yu Die a clean handkerchief, "I know... I've been there, myself, 25 years ago... much more than four people, too. The context is a little different, but ultimately, it's the same thing - my actions directly caused the deaths of several people I had no wish to hurt. But, like you, I did not know what was happening at the time, and that... might be the only saving grace for us where those victims are concerned. But neither of us committed murder at those times. That definition is quite specific."

"Thank you Sir."
Yu Die she took the handkerchief and wiped at her eyes.
"Perhaps it do not fit the definition of murder Mr Wainwright but I did kill those people and I don't think I will ever be able to forgive myself, they where just trying to do their jobs."
The young Akashic said and looked down.

He nodded, smiling warmly, "Almost everything and anything can be used to heal or harm. Fire can be used to incinerate an adversary, or to cauterize a bleeding wound. Life magic can be used to cure or inflict a disease. A hammer can be a terrible weapon, or a wonderful tool to build. It all boils down to the will behind the action; everything after that is a question of skill and precision."

"I guess you are right Sir, but it...what I did was so terrible."
Yu Die said and Anna shrugged as she looked at you to see if she was allowed to have the glass of soda she had been given.
"I have done far worse than whatever it is you have done Yu Die, and I knew what I was doing I was sent out on missions and was ordered to stop other mages from using magick so my allies could take them down and I regret what I did but I did do it, and I am given a second chance, sounds like whatever it was you did was just an accident."
Anna said and Yu Die looked down.
"An accident perhaps but I still did it."
She muttered.

He nodded sternly, "On one condition - I or Freddy Adlebloom check them for content first. We don't have to watch everything, necessarily, just make sure a few particular elements are not featured."

"Sure I can drop the DVDs off at your apartment first Sir."
Yu Die said and smiled.

He grinned, "Compromise and say alicorn princess?"

"Yeah that works Sir."
The young Akashic said and smiled.

He nodded sagely, "No, I would not like it if you kicked me, either. If your brother's any indication, getting kicked by you would be quite unpleasant, to say the least. no apology needed, unless you actually do kick me."

"I will try to avoid it Sir."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"I jus wanted to make the point that I do not want my Mentor kicked either."
She said and Anna grinned.
"Ok no one kicks anyone then."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:12 pm

"Thank you Sir."
Yu Die she took the handkerchief and wiped at her eyes.
"Perhaps it do not fit the definition of murder Mr Wainwright but I did kill those people and I don't think I will ever be able to forgive myself, they where just trying to do their jobs."
The young Akashic said and looked down.
Colin nodded, "The women and children were taking shelter where they had been ordered to... next to a strategic target. I was never told about that when i went up..."

Yu Die said and Anna shrugged as she looked at you to see if she was allowed to have the glass of soda she had been given.
"I have done far worse than whatever it is you have done Yu Die, and I knew what I was doing I was sent out on missions and was ordered to stop other mages from using magick so my allies could take them down and I regret what I did but I did do it, and I am given a second chance, sounds like whatever it was you did was just an accident."
She muttered.
He nodded to Anna and gave Yu Die's shoulder a light squeeze, "What you did was terrible, true - but that does leave you with two choices; you either hide from what you are capable of, or you face it and become the master of your own power to prevent it from happening again. There'll be times when you are scared or confused in the future, and at that point... training and confidence in your own skill will make the difference between lashing out and resolving the situation in a controlled manner."

"Sure I can drop the DVDs off at your apartment first Sir."
Yu Die said and smiled.
He smiled, "Good... Actually, I'll probably only need the titles in advance; the internet is a useful thing for checking whether certain things feature in a cartoon."

"I will try to avoid it Sir."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"I jus wanted to make the point that I do not want my Mentor kicked either."
She said and Anna grinned.
"Ok no one kicks anyone then."
He grinned and looked over at Anna, "I'll ask you to remember that in a few weeks, when we visit the hospital..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:57 pm

Colin nodded, "The women and children were taking shelter where they had been ordered to... next to a strategic target. I was never told about that when i went up..."

Yu Die looked at you for a while then she sigh.
"That must have been horrible Sir..."
She muttered and looked down not knowing what to say.

He nodded to Anna and gave Yu Die's shoulder a light squeeze, "What you did was terrible, true - but that does leave you with two choices; you either hide from what you are capable of, or you face it and become the master of your own power to prevent it from happening again. There'll be times when you are scared or confused in the future, and at that point... training and confidence in your own skill will make the difference between lashing out and resolving the situation in a controlled manner."

Anna smiled and sipped from the glass of soda. Yu Die nodded and smiled a little.
"I have been scared and confused later and not hurt anyone however I will never set myself in the same situation as I was in no matter if it is an emergency or I am sick or anything, never."
She muttered.
"But I do want to learn more about my magick and how to control it better."
She agreed with a sad smile.

He smiled, "Good... Actually, I'll probably only need the titles in advance; the internet is a useful thing for checking whether certain things feature in a cartoon."

"G1 and Beast Wars Transformers, both G1 My Little Pony, the first Turtles series, the Ghostbusters cartoon series and Skeleton Warriors though that is from the 1990s."
Yu Die said and smiled.

He grinned and looked over at Anna, "I'll ask you to remember that in a few weeks, when we visit the hospital..."

"That depends on how they behave Mentor."
Anna said and Yu Die nodded.
"Hospitals are scary I don't want to visit one ever again but kicking nurses don't help they are trying to help."
She said and Anna frowned.
"I don't like nurses."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:21 pm

She asked.
Colin wrote:He nodded, smiling warmly, "Almost everything and anything can be used to heal or harm. Fire can be used to incinerate an adversary, or to cauterize a bleeding wound. Life magic can be used to cure or inflict a disease. A hammer can be a terrible weapon, or a wonderful tool to build. It all boils down to the will behind the action; everything after that is a question of skill and precision."

"Healing with mind magick was exactly what I did when I was in the infirmary." Serge said. "I won't get into the details of what exactly I did or saw....I don't think any of us want to hear that.....but without me there would be two patients still stuck in a trauma-induced coma and several others in varying panicked states. So yes, I'm proof that mind magick can be used to heal."

She muttered.
Colin wrote:He nodded to Anna and gave Yu Die's shoulder a light squeeze, "What you did was terrible, true - but that does leave you with two choices; you either hide from what you are capable of, or you face it and become the master of your own power to prevent it from happening again. There'll be times when you are scared or confused in the future, and at that point... training and confidence in your own skill will make the difference between lashing out and resolving the situation in a controlled manner."
Anna smiled and sipped from the glass of soda. Yu Die nodded and smiled a little.
"I have been scared and confused later and not hurt anyone however I will never set myself in the same situation as I was in no matter if it is an emergency or I am sick or anything, never."
She muttered.

"Didn't you want to be a doctor Yu Die?" Serge said speaking up in a comforting voice after remaining quiet for a bit. "So you'll be saving lives soon. Your well on your way to atone for your accidental sins."

"Yeah there was allot of drawings Sir I am amazed that you where able to draw that quickly."
Yu Die agreed.

"After you've done something long enough, you learn the shortcuts or make your own." Serge said with a shrug.

Could make it free online for those who want to download it with the option to buy it as an actual book or those who prefer to read on paper."
Yu Die agreed.
"You should you are really good at drawing Sir."
She said and smiled.

"I might get on that in the next few weeks. Got a couple of drawings saved on my laptop. Wouldn't know where to start though so I'm going have to figure that out." Serge with a shrug.

"You are forgetting Dr Moonlight's robot unicorn Sir."
"And robot unicorns are even better than regular unicorns I wonder why the Technocrazy have not made any."
She added and smiled.
"Well I do think their mission to destroy all magick would be somewhat ruined if the MiBs rode into town on robot unicorns."
Anna said and she raised an eyebrow.
"Yeah probably but they would get more style points."
Yu Die said and laughed.

"Right, right. Can't believe I forgot about her. Dr. Moonlight was the only one of them who didn't ride a normal horse." Serge said with a smiling more so for Yu Die referencing style points.

"The Technocracy could use some more style points. And colors. All of their gadgets and tech are cool and sci-fi but bland-looking."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:34 pm

"Yeah talking about something else would be really good." Kyle said and he nodded. "I really don't want to think about this." He muttered he was still shivering as if cold though.

He knew it probably wasn't cold making him shiver but he checked to see if the radiator was on anyway. It was an old building and sometimes they took a while to warm up.

"Like with being nice to people and helping someone out or something like that, make someone's day just a little bit better?" Your brother asked. "For I can do that."

"Yes, like that, good."

"You could not have been at our brother's side every hour of the day, what if he had fallen in the showever and hit his head and if you had been there you could have called an ambulance but you could not be with him showering every time for that would just be weird, sometimes horrible things happen and it sounds to me that that only ones at fault where the Union."
Your brother commented and frowned.

"I know, but I feel like I should have protected him rather than basically ignoring his existence." He sighed. "I was wrapped up in my own studies, I didn't...really try to get to know him, but I still cared when he died. For a while, I thought it was better I hadn't gotten close to him after all, after how bad it hurt our mentor. I thought maybe I should just not get close to anyone, it was better that way. After all, our House tends to get ourselves into danger, either I would die or someone else would so I told myself it would be better if I just kept away from people anyway. But I changed my thoughts about that...it wasn't just the thought of losing them that prompted me to act that way, that was just a convenient excuse, which is a terrible way to memorialize family that has passed."

"That is going to be really cool."
Kyle said and grinned.

"I spent a while deciding on my Name, I enjoyed it."

"I am goig to learn Greek?"
The young mage said sounding a bit surprised.
"Well that is cool, yeah then going to see the Greek exhibition would be nice."
He agreed and nodded.

"Latin, Greek, some Hebrew, at least those three to start, starting with Latin. I need to keep working on Hebrew, it's quite a language, there is much to learn from it. Then I want to learn Arabic. I teach Greek and Linguistics at BU. If I can't speak Greek with my family how are you going to know what I say when I yell about stuff that bothers me?" he said, with a look that said he was joking. Mostly.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:53 pm

"Healing with mind magick was exactly what I did when I was in the infirmary." Serge said. "I won't get into the details of what exactly I did or saw....I don't think any of us want to hear that.....but without me there would be two patients still stuck in a trauma-induced coma and several others in varying panicked states. So yes, I'm proof that mind magick can be used to heal."

"I guess it can be used to heal but I am still not liking it, not after what I did."
Yu Die muttered.
"I am glad you managed to help those people in the infirmary though Sir, that is good."
She said softly.

"Didn't you want to be a doctor Yu Die?" Serge said speaking up in a comforting voice after remaining quiet for a bit. "So you'll be saving lives soon. Your well on your way to atone for your accidental sins."

"I want to be a healer, I do not want to work with school medicine and equipment but I want to heal with magick and herbs and other natural methods and yes hopefully I will be able to help some people, but nothing will make up for the lives I took."
The young Akashic muttered sadly.

"After you've done something long enough, you learn the shortcuts or make your own." Serge said with a shrug.

"That is true Sir, it is still very impressive though."
Yu Die said and smiled.
"You made allot of drawings."

"I might get on that in the next few weeks. Got a couple of drawings saved on my laptop. Wouldn't know where to start though so I'm going have to figure that out." Serge with a shrug.

The Akashic nodded at that.
"Sounds good Sir."

"Right, right. Can't believe I forgot about her. Dr. Moonlight was the only one of them who didn't ride a normal horse." Serge said with a smiling more so for Yu Die referencing style points.

"No can't forget Dr Moonlight and her steed, she was allot of fun."
She commented and smiled.

"The Technocracy could use some more style points. And colors. All of their gadgets and tech are cool and sci-fi but bland-looking."

"That is why robot unicorns would fix everything it would make the Technocracy much better."
Yu Die said.
"I don't thing it is our job to make the Technocracy better Yu Die."
Anna relied.
"No it is not but at least they would be more fun."
Her new friend said and both of them giggled.

He knew it probably wasn't cold making him shiver but he checked to see if the radiator was on anyway. It was an old building and sometimes they took a while to warm up.

The radiator was on so that was not the problem. Kyle just looked at you but he did not say anything else about the topic that scared him so.

"Yes, like that, good."

Your brother gave a bit of a smile at that and nodded.

"I know, but I feel like I should have protected him rather than basically ignoring his existence." He sighed. "I was wrapped up in my own studies, I didn't...really try to get to know him, but I still cared when he died. For a while, I thought it was better I hadn't gotten close to him after all, after how bad it hurt our mentor. I thought maybe I should just not get close to anyone, it was better that way. After all, our House tends to get ourselves into danger, either I would die or someone else would so I told myself it would be better if I just kept away from people anyway. But I changed my thoughts about that...it wasn't just the thought of losing them that prompted me to act that way, that was just a convenient excuse, which is a terrible way to memorialize family that has passed."

"I thought the same way about friends for a long time Adley, my family moved around so much that as soon as I made friends we just moved away again and I was not allowed to keep in contact with any of my old friends since that would give the Traditions and the Union a way to find us, but I found it to be a sad way to lvie so now I make friends even if I am just with them for a short time. However you should not blame yourself, you did what you thought was best at the time and you are different now, I am sure our brother understand."
Kyle said and he gave you a sad smile.
"I am sure e had a good life while he was here and that is the most important thing."

"I spent a while deciding on my Name, I enjoyed it."

"I will do that as well, spend time deciding my name I mean...can I ask what your name mean though Adley? What made you choose it?"
Your brother asked curiously.

"Latin, Greek, some Hebrew, at least those three to start, starting with Latin. I need to keep working on Hebrew, it's quite a language, there is much to learn from it. Then I want to learn Arabic. I teach Greek and Linguistics at BU. If I can't speak Greek with my family how are you going to know what I say when I yell about stuff that bothers me?" he said, with a look that said he was joking. Mostly.

"I speak a little Latin my dad taught me, but not the other languages you mentioned, still they sounds interesting to learn."
Kyle said then he grinned.
"Off course I have to know what you are saying when you are yelling."
He said sounding amused.
"Adley what is it like to be a teacher at the university? I see collage kids sometimes they look so cool I wonder if I will ever go to the university."
He mushed.
"I think it would be cool to go when I get older."

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:48 pm

"I thought the same way about friends for a long time Adley, my family moved around so much that as soon as I made friends we just moved away again and I was not allowed to keep in contact with any of my old friends since that would give the Traditions and the Union a way to find us, but I found it to be a sad way to lvie so now I make friends even if I am just with them for a short time. However you should not blame yourself, you did what you thought was best at the time and you are different now, I am sure our brother understand." Kyle said and he gave you a sad smile. "I am sure e had a good life while he was here and that is the most important thing."

He nodded. "You're right, it's just...I guess I didn't really let myself grieve over it. I had to be okay, for our mentor. Me and my sister...well, you're right. And that was a tough way to grow up, for you."

"I will do that as well, spend time deciding my name I mean...can I ask what your name mean though Adley? What made you choose it?" Your brother asked curiously.

"Some of it was research, the rest I just...felt was the right thing after internal meditation. You could come to your own conclusions on my chosen Name as well but I will tell you the first part." He pulled the tablet out, stretched his hands and wrote: '[i]'On the surface of the research: Adley is from the Hebrew Adlai, עדלי which can mean 'god's justice,' 'justice of the Lord,' 'refuge of god' or 'my witness.' It is one of two Names in the Bible written in Hebrew that come contain a specific, rarely used root group some scholars think originated from an Arabic verb that means to 'treat equitably,' or 'turn aside.'' He showed him the tablet then cleaned it carefully when he'd seen it. The rest of his chosen name, Roth, had roots in the same words as red, renown, bloody or wood. Hicks derived from strong, hard and brave, like Richard. But explaining the first part of his name was enough, if he was curious he could find out the rest on his own, at least the surface of it. All the numerical associations of the Hebrew letters that his pater were much better at that him, well he'd learn those on his own too in enough time. Maybe he would be better at magick squares than he was at them. "Writing a name down carries power too, you can make it part of a magickal act...though it has become so mundane now, once writing was not common. Scribes were important, being able to read and write an accomplishment and a gift not all were able to learn or receive, for many reasons, including status. Today we think nothing of writing our signature down. But for a mage, that may create a magickal link that can be used. Different languages offer properties that you can learn about and incorporate into your workings if you understand the symbolism and relations between them, like occult symbols, ciphers and numerological associations."

"I speak a little Latin my dad taught me, but not the other languages you mentioned, still they sounds interesting to learn."
Kyle said then he grinned.
"Off course I have to know what you are saying when you are yelling."
He said sounding amused.
"Adley what is it like to be a teacher at the university? I see collage kids sometimes they look so cool I wonder if I will ever go to the university."
He mushed.
"I think it would be cool to go when I get older."

"Some people here do go to college. It's not an easy job teaching young people about languages, some of them are just there for the credits and don't care about it really, nothing will fascinate them. And I'm not tenured so I can get fired and replaced pretty much at any time, and I don't have a lot of bargaining power when it comes to getting a raise." He shrugged. "But it chips away at debt, and it pays for my car and so forth, though I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to keep up a day job." He sighed.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:02 pm

"I guess it can be used to heal but I am still not liking it, not after what I did."
Yu Die muttered.
"I am glad you managed to help those people in the infirmary though Sir, that is good."
She said softly.
Colin nodded, "That's what I'm speaking of - you did good, son."

Yu Die looked at you for a while then she sigh.
"That must have been horrible Sir..."
She muttered and looked down not knowing what to say.
He nodded, "I was... distraught for some time afterward. My CO had some choice words for the chap who provided the intel..."

She muttered.
"I want to be a healer, I do not want to work with school medicine and equipment but I want to heal with magick and herbs and other natural methods and yes hopefully I will be able to help some people, but nothing will make up for the lives I took."
He nodded, "Healer, heal thyself... No, however many lives you save, it won't clear up your feelings of guilt and responsibility, but... it helps. We saved the world today, billions of people will be able to get out of bed in the morning, thanks to what we did, because there will actually be a next morning, but the people who died by my hand are... still dead. But perhaps they'll find some peace knowing that I try to make up for it as long as I live..."

"G1 and Beast Wars Transformers, both G1 My Little Pony, the first Turtles series, the Ghostbusters cartoon series and Skeleton Warriors though that is from the 1990s."
Yu Die said and smiled.
He nodded and made a quick note of the different series in his notebook, "Very good... Those all sound good, except possibly the last one, with which I am unfamiliar. I will let you know."

"That depends on how they behave Mentor."
Anna said and Yu Die nodded.
"Hospitals are scary I don't want to visit one ever again but kicking nurses don't help they are trying to help."
She said and Anna frowned.
"I don't like nurses."
She muttered.
He smiled wryly, "Not all nurses are ruthless and callous, Sweetie."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:39 pm

He nodded. "You're right, it's just...I guess I didn't really let myself grieve over it. I had to be okay, for our mentor. Me and my sister...well, you're right. And that was a tough way to grow up, for you."

"Perhaps Master Morgan needed that Adley for you to just be okey, perhaps you did the only thing you could do, but you know there are no time limit on grief, you can grieve for our brother now if you want to."
Kyle said softly.

"Some of it was research, the rest I just...felt was the right thing after internal meditation. You could come to your own conclusions on my chosen Name as well but I will tell you the first part." He pulled the tablet out, stretched his hands and wrote: '[i]'On the surface of the research: Adley is from the Hebrew Adlai, עדלי which can mean 'god's justice,' 'justice of the Lord,' 'refuge of god' or 'my witness.' It is one of two Names in the Bible written in Hebrew that come contain a specific, rarely used root group some scholars think originated from an Arabic verb that means to 'treat equitably,' or 'turn aside.'' He showed him the tablet then cleaned it carefully when he'd seen it.

Your brother was silent as he read what you had written and listened to what you where saying there was an expression of solemnness on his face as if he understood how rare it was for you to share this information with anyone.
"That is a nice name."
Kyle said and smiled.
"It suits you."

The rest of his chosen name, Roth, had roots in the same words as red, renown, bloody or wood. Hicks derived from strong, hard and brave, like Richard. But explaining the first part of his name was enough, if he was curious he could find out the rest on his own, at least the surface of it. All the numerical associations of the Hebrew letters that his pater were much better at that him, well he'd learn those on his own too in enough time. Maybe he would be better at magick squares than he was at them.

"Are the other two names Herbrew as well Adley? For if soit would be fun to try to figure them out."
Th young mage said and smiled.
"It is a sort of puzzle."

"Writing a name down carries power too, you can make it part of a magickal act...though it has become so mundane now, once writing was not common. Scribes were important, being able to read and write an accomplishment and a gift not all were able to learn or receive, for many reasons, including status. Today we think nothing of writing our signature down. But for a mage, that may create a magickal link that can be used. Different languages offer properties that you can learn about and incorporate into your workings if you understand the symbolism and relations between them, like occult symbols, ciphers and numerological associations."

"A signature can be used for magick?"
Kyle asked.
"I did not think about that, but yeah you are right we do write down or signature all the time without thinking about it."
He agreed and nodded thoughtfully.
"So you are saying that different languages and the relationships between them can be used symbolically in magick? But how do numerology come into the picture is not that like magickal math?"
The young mage asked and he cocked his head to the side.

"Some people here do go to college. It's not an easy job teaching young people about languages, some of them are just there for the credits and don't care about it really, nothing will fascinate them. And I'm not tenured so I can get fired and replaced pretty much at any time, and I don't have a lot of bargaining power when it comes to getting a raise." He shrugged. "But it chips away at debt, and it pays for my car and so forth, though I'm not sure how much longer I'll be able to keep up a day job." He sighed.

"Really some of the mages here go to collage? That is cool."
Kyle said then he considered and frowned.
"It must be irritating when you have to teach those who have no interest in what you are trying to teach them, I am sure you are a good teacher though you go into lecture mode easy enough so it would be a shame if you had to quit your job."
He said.
"What will you do if you have to quit?"

[Serge and Colin] (Steelhaven at 9 30 in the evening)

He nodded, "I was... distraught for some time afterward. My CO had some choice words for the chap who provided the intel..."

"Perhaps it was a mistake on everyone's part, even so it is a horrible thing."
Yu Die said sadly.
"Both for you and for those who where killed."

He nodded, "Healer, heal thyself... No, however many lives you save, it won't clear up your feelings of guilt and responsibility, but... it helps. We saved the world today, billions of people will be able to get out of bed in the morning, thanks to what we did, because there will actually be a next morning, but the people who died by my hand are... still dead. But perhaps they'll find some peace knowing that I try to make up for it as long as I live..."

You and the others did save the world Sir and that is really cool...but yes the dead is still dead, and it is hard to forgive oneself for that. I mean if I had not panicked and Awakened just at that time those four people would have been alive now, it really suck what I did Sir, and it is not really to make up for that I want to be a healer, I can't make up for that, I want to be a healer because I want to help others."
The young Akashic said. Anna nodded.
"I am sure you would be good at it Yu Die."
The Akashic smiled a little.
"Thank you."

He nodded and made a quick note of the different series in his notebook, "Very good... Those all sound good, except possibly the last one, with which I am unfamiliar. I will let you know."

"It is this fantasy and spaceships series where the royal family of your average fantasy kingdom have an advisor named Baron Dark, for that will never go wrong, and Baron Dark learns a spell to make living skeletons out of people so he makes himself an army to do bad guy stuff with while the royals try to stop him."
Yu Die explained.

He smiled wryly, "Not all nurses are ruthless and callous, Sweetie."

Anna did not look convinced.
"I have not met so many nurses there where the ones at the hospital that hurt my hand."
She said and pointed to her hand that was still swollen after several attempts to insert an IV, her fear and trauma at the experience making the small wounds hard to heal.
"My hand still hurt!"
She announced.
"And then there is nurse Bosh who is just a cunt, the other nurse at Morningstar was nice enough though I did not speak allot with her and I think perhaps that black man at the infirmary might have been a nurse as well but I did not speak much with him either...anyway so far my experiences with nurses have not been to great."
Anna said and Yu Die frowned.
"Yeah they can be scary."
She muttered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:49 pm

"Perhaps Master Morgan needed that Adley for you to just be okey, perhaps you did the only thing you could do, but you know there are no time limit on grief, you can grieve for our brother now if you want to."
Kyle said softly.

He nodded. "Also true."

Your brother was silent as he read what you had written and listened to what you where saying there was an expression of solemnness on his face as if he understood how rare it was for you to share this information with anyone.
"That is a nice name."
Kyle said and smiled.
"It suits you."

"Thank you."

"Are the other two names Herbrew as well Adley? For if soit would be fun to try to figure them out."
Th young mage said and smiled.
"It is a sort of puzzle."

He smiled a little. "Well, if it's a puzzle I would be remiss in telling you how it's solved, that would be too easy and no fun. Why don't you try to find out sometime, and we can discuss it later. Then you can see how you might learn your own Name."

"A signature can be used for magick?"
Kyle asked.
"I did not think about that, but yeah you are right we do write down or signature all the time without thinking about it."
He agreed and nodded thoughtfully.
"So you are saying that different languages and the relationships between them can be used symbolically in magick? But how do numerology come into the picture is not that like magickal math?"
The young mage asked and he cocked his head to the side.

"Well, in some languages the letters can also stand for numbers. Hebrew letters can be used for gematria, where letters have specific numerical values, and Greeks used their own form of isopsephy. The Chief is quite good at using it, so pay attention when he shows it to you."

"Really some of the mages here go to collage? That is cool."
Kyle said then he considered and frowned.
"It must be irritating when you have to teach those who have no interest in what you are trying to teach them, I am sure you are a good teacher though you go into lecture mode easy enough so it would be a shame if you had to quit your job."
He said.
"What will you do if you have to quit?"

He laughed a bit at the comment about lecturing. "I suppose I do. It's rare to have someone actually interested in what I'm teaching. And I have no idea what I'll do, but I'll need to figure something out because I still will need money." He sighed and put his hands up. "It's hard to keep a day job when there is so much in our world that has to be taken care of; maybe someone can help me figure out how to manage it."

s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:00 pm

Anja's Post:
"Ok I will ask him...but what bar don't have drinks with umbrellas."
Fran said as she stumbled off after a while she returned and said.
"The man at the bar said he could make drinks with some strawberry juice and orange juice gin and some other stuff, I ordered four of them and told him to have plenty of umbrellas on them."
She announced clearly proud of herself.

'Weh-hey.' Nicole said, giving a grin.

Anja's Post:
"I guess I am lucky I only get the regular creeps."
The Euthanathos muttered.
"When I get dick picks I should start sending them pictures of my gun collection in return."

'And this... is why I don't ever show I'm a girl on social media.' Nicole said. 'But that means I end up with loads of messages from "desperate beautiful women".' ending with a bark-like laugh.

'But serious for a moment... at least you can tell normal creeps a mile off. Kink-creeps...' words seeming to fail for a moment '-are fucking addictive.'

Anja's Post:
"Well it is a nice ass but it would be nice if they also respected you as a person."
Theodora commented.
"I'll drink to that?"
Helga muttered.
"To what Nicole's ass?"
Fran asked.
"Ehm...I forgot to what but I want to drink anyway."
The Cultist said and grinned.

'Quiet, you.' Nicole quipped with a smile. 'You don't have to check every damn chair before sitting.'

Anja's Post:
"Unfortunatly I think you are probably right about that and that will be allot of shit, Chantries will break apart...Cabals as we all turn on one another."
"Perhaps we can become more unified before then?"
Fran said and Helga sigh.
"I hope so but I do not have a great hope for it."

'Not nec... sess... iarily.' Nicole replied, eventually, now entering "true drunk" territory. 'Y'need folk to fight, and if most refuse to turn against their own crews... well it won't happen. My worry is the final days, when each group is trying to get the others to take the losses and they're trying to get in the tasty positions. 'Cos everyone knows the winner is the one who's strongest at the end.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:22 pm

Yu Die muttered.
She said softly.
Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "That's what I'm speaking of - you did good, son."

"Thank you." Serge said to both mages.

Colin wrote:He nodded, "Healer, heal thyself... No, however many lives you save, it won't clear up your feelings of guilt and responsibility, but... it helps. We saved the world today, billions of people will be able to get out of bed in the morning, thanks to what we did, because there will actually be a next morning, but the people who died by my hand are... still dead. But perhaps they'll find some peace knowing that I try to make up for it as long as I live..."
You and the others did save the world Sir and that is really cool...but yes the dead is still dead, and it is hard to forgive oneself for that. I mean if I had not panicked and Awakened just at that time those four people would have been alive now, it really suck what I did Sir, and it is not really to make up for that I want to be a healer, I can't make up for that, I want to be a healer because I want to help others."
"Thank you."

Serge nodded and said, "Maybe it won't make up for it but like Mr. Wainwright said it'll certainly help. It's a noble goal. Helping others is one of the best things we can do in our lifetimes. And I'm sure you'll be amazing at it."

"That is why robot unicorns would fix everything it would make the Technocracy much better."
Yu Die said.
"I don't thing it is our job to make the Technocracy better Yu Die."
Anna relied.
"No it is not but at least they would be more fun."
Her new friend said and both of them giggled.

"Maybe not better. But it would make them a lot more interesting." Serge said chuckling along with the girls. "Imagine that scene though. Stone-faced MiB's in black sunglasses on a unicorn trotting along the street. Completely serious look on his face as if it was what he did everyday."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:18 pm

"Perhaps it was a mistake on everyone's part, even so it is a horrible thing."
Yu Die said sadly.
"Both for you and for those who where killed."
Colin sneered, "It was not a mistake on the part of the bloody American intelligence operative who gave us the mission details..."

"Thank you."
Serge nodded and said, "Maybe it won't make up for it but like Mr. Wainwright saud it'll certainly help. It's a noble goal. Helping others is one of the best things we can do in our lifetimes. And I'm sure you'll be amazing at it."
He smiled, "That's commendable motivation. Far nobler than merely wanting to balance your ledgers..."

"It is this fantasy and spaceships series where the royal family of your average fantasy kingdom have an advisor named Baron Dark, for that will never go wrong, and Baron Dark learns a spell to make living skeletons out of people so he makes himself an army to do bad guy stuff with while the royals try to stop him."
Yu Die explained.
He nodded, "Why are people in such shows almost never blessed with the smallest bit of genre savvy? Well... I guess it would make for poor drama..."

Anna did not look convinced.
"I have not met so many nurses there where the ones at the hospital that hurt my hand."
She said and pointed to her hand that was still swollen after several attempts to insert an IV, her fear and trauma at the experience making the small wounds hard to heal.
"My hand still hurt!"
She announced.
"And then there is nurse Bosh who is just a cunt, the other nurse at Morningstar was nice enough though I did not speak allot with her and I think perhaps that black man at the infirmary might have been a nurse as well but I did not speak much with him either...anyway so far my experiences with nurses have not been to great."
Anna said and Yu Die frowned.
"Yeah they can be scary."
She muttered.
He nodded, a dark glint in his eye, "Well, I don't think you'll have much to worry about as far as Nurse Bosh is concerned, at least... She'll be reprimanded for endangering you as she did."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:46 am

He nodded. "Also true."

Your brother just gave you a solemn nod at that.

He smiled a little. "Well, if it's a puzzle I would be remiss in telling you how it's solved, that would be too easy and no fun. Why don't you try to find out sometime, and we can discuss it later. Then you can see how you might learn your own Name."

Kyle considered then he grinned and nodded.
"Yeah I would like that, it will be like a game and I really like games, perhaps I have to get some books on Hebrew from the library as well when I go tomorrow. No telling me how the puzzle is solved would be no fun."
He agreed.
"Okey then I will solve it and we can discuss it when I have."
He declared with a challenge accepted kind of look in his eyes.

"Well, in some languages the letters can also stand for numbers. Hebrew letters can be used for gematria, where letters have specific numerical values, and Greeks used their own form of isopsephy. The Chief is quite good at using it, so pay attention when he shows it to you."

"That is kind of cool...what is isopsephy though? I have never heard that word before Adley."
Kyle asked then he nodded.
"I will pay attention, Master Morgan is good at numerology?"

He laughed a bit at the comment about lecturing. "I suppose I do. It's rare to have someone actually interested in what I'm teaching.

"Well I do appreciate it, learning things are fun."
Your brother said and smiled.

And I have no idea what I'll do, but I'll need to figure something out because I still will need money." He sighed and put his hands up. "It's hard to keep a day job when there is so much in our world that has to be taken care of; maybe someone can help me figure out how to manage it."

"Perhaps you can make You Tube videos or something about language. There are several channels were people lecture about different topics and if their channel gets popular they can earn good money on it."
Kyle suggested.
"You could teach Greek through Youtube and let people pay for private lessons over skype. That way you will be more free to set your own working times."

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 10 30 in the evening)

'Weh-hey.' Nicole said, giving a grin.

After a short time a handsome man of about 30 years of age, he was tall and lean but quite fit wearing a white shirt and tight jeans that did nothing to hide his rather nice ass, you had seen him working at the bar earlier, came over with a tray with four orange drinks with ice cubes, umbrellas and little pin flaingos in them, two umbrellas in each, and a tray of filled olives.
"Here you go ladies."
The man said as he put the snacks on the table and handed out the drinks.
"It have been some time since I have mixed coctails so I hope they are satisfactory."
He said and added a smile, he stopped to look at Nicole for just a moment looking suprised but then the smile returned.
"Anything else I can get for you ladies?"

'And this... is why I don't ever show I'm a girl on social media.' Nicole said. 'But that means I end up with loads of messages from "desperate beautiful women".' ending with a bark-like laugh.

"Yeah I did that before but Facebook and such demand your real name so it is harder there to have a male or gender neutral name."
Fran said and sigh.
"You are to law abiding Fran, lie you are now Johnny Blue, make an account."
Helga said and grinned.
"Obvious alias is obvious."
Theodora commented.
"I am sure someone somewhere are called Johnny Blue."
Helga retorted.

'But serious for a moment... at least you can tell normal creeps a mile off. Kink-creeps...' words seeming to fail for a moment '-are fucking addictive.'

"Unless they are stealth kinksters."
Fran said.
"I have seen allot of stealth kinksters."

'Quiet, you.' Nicole quipped with a smile. 'You don't have to check every damn chair before sitting.'

The other girls giggled at that and sipped from their drinks.

'Not nec... sess... iarily.' Nicole replied, eventually, now entering "true drunk" territory. 'Y'need folk to fight, and if most refuse to turn against their own crews... well it won't happen. My worry is the final days, when each group is trying to get the others to take the losses and they're trying to get in the tasty positions. 'Cos everyone knows the winner is the one who's strongest at the end.'

"We are sort like a peepod....ehm...tripod."
Fran said as she sipped er fancy drink.
"So if one faction go down then the other two will have all out war."
Theodora nodded at that and she sipped her drink.
"What about the Marauders they are a side of this as well."
Fran nodded.
"Yeah but who knows what they want they are all crazy."
Helga grinned at that.
"Yeah that would be te definitionof a Marauder yes Fran."

[Serge and Colin] (Steelhaven at 9 30 in the evening.)

Serge nodded and said, "Maybe it won't make up for it but like Mr. Wainwright said it'll certainly help. It's a noble goal. Helping others is one of the best things we can do in our lifetimes. And I'm sure you'll be amazing at it."

"Thank you Sir I hope so, my brother and my Mentor do allot of good as healers I would like to do so as well and help others, make a difference you know."
Yu Die said and smiled.

Maybe not better. But it would make them a lot more interesting." Serge said chuckling along with the girls. "Imagine that scene though. Stone-faced MiB's in black sunglasses on a unicorn trotting along the street. Completely serious look on his face as if it was what he did everyday."

"Yeah that would be hilarious you should draw that Sir."
The young mage said and giggled.
"Could we shoot the MIB's and steal their unicorns to ride around on ourselves?"
Anna asked.
"I would not mind a unicorn to ride to the store, to arrive in style."

Colin sneered, "It was not a mistake on the part of the bloody American intelligence operative who gave us the mission details..."

Yu Die gave a solemn nod at that.
"Did they face any consequences for that Sir? For they should."

He smiled, "That's commendable motivation. Far nobler than merely wanting to balance your ledgers..."

Yu Die looked down and blushed a little.
"Thank you Sir."
She muttered.

He nodded, "Why are people in such shows almost never blessed with the smallest bit of genre savvy? Well... I guess it would make for poor drama..."

"Yeah he might as well be called Evil McBetrayer, but I guess everyone need an evil advisor Sir."
The young Akashic said and Anna giggled.
"Lady Abigail the Gilledian at our Labyrinth had a nasty advisor then again she was not exactly an angel herself either.."
She commented and Rosa raised an eyebrow at that.

He nodded, a dark glint in his eye, "Well, I don't think you'll have much to worry about as far as Nurse Bosh is concerned, at least... She'll be reprimanded for endangering you as she did."

"What is going to happen to her Mentor?"
Anna asked. Yu Die spoke up.
"You know my Mentor have a custos who is a nurse, she is pretty nice we could have you meet her outside of a hospital setting so you can see not all nurses are bad."
The Akashic suggested and Anna looked skeptical.
"Perhaps but...I...but..."
She muttered and plucked at her sweater.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:01 am

Anja's Post:
After a short time a handsome man of about 30 years of age, he was tall and lean but quite fit wearing a white shirt and tight jeans that did nothing to hide his rather nice ass, you had seen him working at the bar earlier, came over with a tray with four orange drinks with ice cubes, umbrellas and little pin flaingos in them, two umbrellas in each, and a tray of filled olives.
"Here you go ladies."
The man said as he put the snacks on the table and handed out the drinks.
"It have been some time since I have mixed coctails so I hope they are satisfactory."
He said and added a smile, he stopped to look at Nicole for just a moment looking suprised but then the smile returned.
"Anything else I can get for you ladies?"

'We'll be the judge of that.' Nicole quipped with a rather coy smile, rather enjoying the view. 'Thanks... ooh, umbrellas!'
Anja's Post:

"Yeah I did that before but Facebook and such demand your real name so it is harder there to have a male or gender neutral name."
Fran said and sigh.
"You are to law abiding Fran, lie you are now Johnny Blue, make an account."
Helga said and grinned.
"Obvious alias is obvious."
Theodora commented.
"I am sure someone somewhere are called Johnny Blue."
Helga retorted.

'Just tell it wants to hear... Francis.' Nicole said with a grin, trying to find a spot on the glass to put a mouth.

Anja's Post:
"Unless they are stealth kinksters."
Fran said.
"I have seen allot of stealth kinksters."

'Well, they need to be a creep too. Even when a stealthy one, they give themselves away soon enough.' shaking her head.

Anja's Post:
"We are sort like a peepod....ehm...tripod."
Fran said as she sipped er fancy drink.
"So if one faction go down then the other two will have all out war."
Theodora nodded at that and she sipped her drink.
"What about the Marauders they are a side of this as well."
Fran nodded.
"Yeah but who knows what they want they are all crazy."
Helga grinned at that.
"Yeah that would be te definitionof a Marauder yes Fran."

'That's... a problem, it is. That a load of the losers go Fallen instead. Which is whys we have to offer them a chance with us, to be able to put the hands up.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:19 am

[Nicole] (Steelhaven at 10 30 in the evening)

'We'll be the judge of that.' Nicole quipped with a rather coy smile, rather enjoying the view. 'Thanks... ooh, umbrellas!'

"Well I hope that judgment is favorable then Miss."
The young man said and smiled.
"I was told you wanted allot of umbrellas."
He said sounding amused.
"If there is anything else you need ladies then I will be behind the bar."
He said with a polite nod before walking away giving you a nice view of his ass as he did so.

'Just tell it wants to hear... Francis.' Nicole said with a grin, trying to find a spot on the glass to put a mouth

It was hard to find a good place for your mouth as there was two umbrellas and a pink, plastic flamingo in the way but you eventually managed, the drink did taste good it was a mix of sweetness from the fruit juices and sharpness from the alcohol and it was nice and cold.
"Hum...that could work, getting a few less dick picks would be nice then again I even get them on my etsy shop, I mean seriously I sell handmade garments here what makes you think I want a picture of your penis dude, well after I made myself a penis shaped pin cushion to post a picture in reply with the amounts of dick picks have gone down."
Fran said and chuckled.

Well, they need to be a creep too. Even when a stealthy one, they give themselves away soon enough.' shaking her head.

"That is true enough...my question is more why on earth do they think that kind of behavior will get them what they want?"
Fran commented with a huff before sipping her drink.

'That's... a problem, it is. That a load of the losers go Fallen instead. Which is whys we have to offer them a chance with us, to be able to put the hands up.'

"Offering the Marauders a chance with us? That would liven up the Traditions."
Helga said sounding a bit doubtful.
"But yeah we want as few to go to the Fallen as possible for those guys are completely messed up."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next