Re: Farewell to September, A Matter About a Car and Legal Trouble IC Thread 29

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:41 am

Anja's Post:
"Well I hope that judgment is favorable then Miss."
The young man said and smiled.
"I was told you wanted allot of umbrellas."
He said sounding amused.
"If there is anything else you need ladies then I will be behind the bar."
He said with a polite nod before walking away giving you a nice view of his ass as he did so.

Nicole's eyes followed the guy, ending with a small 'Hmm...' before turning to her drink.

Anja's Post:
It was hard to find a good place for your mouth as there was two umbrellas and a pink, plastic flamingo in the way but you eventually managed, the drink did taste good it was a mix of sweetness from the fruit juices and sharpness from the alcohol and it was nice and cold.
"Hum...that could work, getting a few less dick picks would be nice then again I even get them on my etsy shop, I mean seriously I sell handmade garments here what makes you think I want a picture of your penis dude, well after I made myself a penis shaped pin cushion to post a picture in reply with the amounts of dick picks have gone down."
Fran said and chuckled.

'Which the mighty seamstress soon learned was a mistake, as her inbox filled with pictures of real dicks with pins in them.' Nicole said in a parody of the deep tone of a narrator with far too much gravitas.

Anja's Post:
"That is true enough...my question is more why on earth do they think that kind of behavior will get them what they want?"
Fran commented with a huff before sipping her drink.

'What creeps, or stealthies?' taking a sip of her drink.

Anja's Post:

"Offering the Marauders a chance with us? That would liven up the Traditions."
Helga said sounding a bit doubtful.
"But yeah we want as few to go to the Fallen as possible for those guys are completely messed up."

'No... Mirrorshades.' rolling her eyes.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:54 am

[Nicole] (Out with the girls at 10 30 in the evening)

Nicole's eyes followed the guy, ending with a small 'Hmm...' before turning to her drink.

"Indeed that is a nice ass, well should we find out if he was hired for his ability to mix drinks or for his behind?"
Theodora said as she lifted one of the umbrellas to sip her drink.
"A little to sweet for me but not bad, not bad at all."
She commented.

[quote]['Which the mighty seamstress soon learned was a mistake, as her inbox filled with pictures of real dicks with pins in them.' Nicole said in a parody of the deep tone of a narrator with far too much gravitas./quote]

Fran gave you a bit o a look.
"I never thought about that, it have not happened yet but you are right sooner or later...shit I mean ok I can be as kinky as the next girl but why would anyone push that in someone else's faces I don't want to see what others do to their bits and bobs!"
She exclaimed sounding rather shocked.

'What creeps, or stealthies?' taking a sip of her drink.

"Both but mostly the creeps, what is their deal have any woman ever decided oh this guy sent me ten pictures of his dick let me go out with him?"
The Euthanathos said and frowned.

'No... Mirrorshades.' rolling her eyes.

"I prefer the Marauders."
Helga scoffed as she sipped her drink.
"You where thinking accepting the Union into the Traditions that....would not be easy."
Fran said.
"Fireballs and Primium bullets would fly everywhere, though I guess it is better than them going to the Fallen."
Theodora grunted.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:05 am

Anja's Post:
Fran gave you a bit o a look.
"I never thought about that, it have not happened yet but you are right sooner or later...shit I mean ok I can be as kinky as the next girl but why would anyone push that in someone else's faces I don't want to see what others do to their bits and bobs!"
She exclaimed sounding rather shocked.

'Relax... it was a joke!' Nicole replied, a little worried it had the wrong effect.

Anja's Post:
"Both but mostly the creeps, what is their deal have any woman ever decided oh this guy sent me ten pictures of his dick let me go out with him?"
The Euthanathos said and frowned.

'Hmm...' running a finger around the rim of the glass thoughtfully, missing once due to being clearly drunk. 'Think they get off on shock factor. Like flashers.'

Anja's Post:
"I prefer the Marauders."
Helga scoffed as she sipped her drink.
"You where thinking accepting the Union into the Traditions that....would not be easy."
Fran said.
"Fireballs and Primium bullets would fly everywhere, though I guess it is better than them going to the Fallen."
Theodora grunted.

'Exactly.' gesturing to Theodora with her glass. 'Unless you really want to see how hard something can fight, don't force 'em into a corner.'

'And you lot did accept us and the Adepts.'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:24 am

Relax... it was a joke!' Nicole replied, a little worried it had the wrong effect.

"Yeah but tell the creeps that they can fuck off then you are sure to find one or two who say, oh yes be stern with me, tell me I am worthless...and you can just imagine what they do with their right hand while writing."
Fran said and scoffed.

'Hmm...' running a finger around the rim of the glass thoughtfully, missing once due to being clearly drunk. 'Think they get off on shock factor. Like flashers.'

"You are probably right...they are annoying though they need a hobby."
Fran said and Helga grinned.
"They have a hobby it is called being creepy and harassing women online, they even have clubs for it."
The Cultist commented and Fran made a disgusted noise at that.

'Exactly.' gesturing to Theodora with her glass. 'Unless you really want to see how hard something can fight, don't force 'em into a corner.'

"That is a very good point we would not want the Union to think their only choice was the Fallen or death."
Theodora sai and nodded.
"Nothing is as dangerous as something or someone pushed into a corner with no options."

'And you lot did accept us and the Adepts.'

"Yeah but that is two Traditions centuries apart, we also accepted in the Solificati from the Order of Reason that that it went to well, there is a difference between that and accepting in five full Conventions and also the problem is that with the Sons of Ether their Ether science and orgone energy and all of the stuff that have also made it's way into the occult we can sort of relate to you guys, and with the Virtual Adepts well they had already left the Union when Dr Spence talked the Council into giving them amnesty they where already the enemies of the Technocrazy that is easier to accept than enough Union men to take us down from the inside."
Theodora said and Fran grinned an exclaimed.
"And besides the Virtual Adepts with their little computers that they type away so furiously on are so cuuute!"
Which got her odd looks from the other girls.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:41 am

"Thank you Sir I hope so, my brother and my Mentor do allot of good as healers I would like to do so as well and help others, make a difference you know."
Yu Die said and smiled.

"I know. It's what I want to try to do as well. What we all try to do. I'm sure your Mentor and brother would be proud of you for following in their footsteps." Serge said with a smile.

"Yeah that would be hilarious you should draw that Sir."
The young mage said and giggled.
"Could we shoot the MIB's and steal their unicorns to ride around on ourselves?"
Anna asked.
"I would not mind a unicorn to ride to the store, to arrive in style."

"I do need to draw more sci-fi stuff." Serge said with a smile. "And why only steal their unicorns? I'd love to have their gadgets and freaky glasses as well. Those could be fun to use."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:17 pm

Yu Die gave a solemn nod at that.
"Did they face any consequences for that Sir? For they should."
Colin shrugged, "I don't know... I never got around to asking. It wasn't long after that strike that I took rocketry to the face, myself, and after that, well, I didn't quite have the pull to find out, even if my CO might have."
He frowned, then smiled darkly, "Of course, I'm a bloody wizard - it's been 25 years, but I could still find out surreptitiously. And perhaps make sure the snake gets a just comeuppance..."

"Yeah he might as well be called Evil McBetrayer, but I guess everyone need an evil advisor Sir."
The young Akashic said and Anna giggled.
"Lady Abigail the Gilledian at our Labyrinth had a nasty advisor then again she was not exactly an angel herself either.."
She commented and Rosa raised an eyebrow at that.
He grimaced, "Abigail was quite a horrible person by most standards; what she did to her own child was... unforgivable. To be honest, I far preferred to speak with an Aswadim to speaking with her..."

"What is going to happen to her Mentor?"
Anna asked. Yu Die spoke up.
"You know my Mentor have a custos who is a nurse, she is pretty nice we could have you meet her outside of a hospital setting so you can see not all nurses are bad."
The Akashic suggested and Anna looked skeptical.
"Perhaps but...I...but..."
She muttered and plucked at her sweater.
He smiled, "That's a good idea, actually - Nurse Mona is a gentle woman. In fact, you could ask Chief Morgan's youngest apprentice, Kyle, about her before we arrange the hypothetical meeting. I'm thinking we could ask Dr. Wong to borrow his nurse one day for coffee and ice cream, perhaps?"

"I do need to draw more sci-fi stuff." Serge said with a smile. "And why only steal their unicorns? I'd love to have their gadgets and freaky glasses as well. Those could be fun to use."
He arched an eyebrow, "Unicorns aside, I'm quite certain most of the Unions' gadgets and glasses come with trackers... however, I'm sure someone could be persuaded to help you with some magical glasses more in tune with your own methods."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:43 pm

[Colin and Serge] (Steelhaven at 9 30 in the evening)

"I know. It's what I want to try to do as well. What we all try to do. I'm sure your Mentor and brother would be proud of you for following in their footsteps." Serge said with a smile.

"I hope so with my Mentor and my brother I feel that I finally have a family I want them to be proud of me, but I am also doing this for myself since I think being a healer would be a meaningful life, I mean I want to when I am old and gray and looking back on my life be able to say that my life had meaning and I think that as a healer I will have that."
Yu Die said and smiled.

"We can steal everything but their underwear, I mean a nice suit is a nice suit, well unless it is full of bullet holes then it is no longer a nice suit."
Anna said practically.

Colin shrugged, "I don't know... I never got around to asking. It wasn't long after that strike that I took rocketry to the face, myself, and after that, well, I didn't quite have the pull to find out, even if my CO might have."
He frowned, then smiled darkly, "Of course, I'm a bloody wizard - it's been 25 years, but I could still find out surreptitiously. And perhaps make sure the snake gets a just comeuppance..."

"That is why you have scars Sir? A rocket? Wow you ae lucky to be alive."
Yu Die said and she glanced at you then she nodded.
"They might deserve some punishment at least i it was some sort of them being negligent or they did it willingly, if it was simply a mistake that might be something else but if they could have avoided it they deserve a bit of consequence for their actions."

He grimaced, "Abigail was quite a horrible person by most standards; what she did to her own child was... unforgivable. To be honest, I far preferred to speak with an Aswadim to speaking with her..."

"Yeah I heard she made the Caul out of her own child Mentor."
Anna said and nodded.
"That is pretty brutal also I am still impressed you actually spoke with an Aswadim."
She said and Yu Die looked confused.
"What is an Aswadim?"
The young Akashic asked.

He smiled, "That's a good idea, actually - Nurse Mona is a gentle woman. In fact, you could ask Chief Morgan's youngest apprentice, Kyle, about her before we arrange the hypothetical meeting. I'm thinking we could ask Dr. Wong to borrow his nurse one day for coffee and ice cream, perhaps?"

"I can talk with this Kyle, I think you told me about him before Mentor."
Anna said and nodded.
"I guess I could meet this Nurse Mona...for ice cream i you are there and we are nowhere near the hospital."
Anna said hesitantly.
"She is actually very nice Anna. I do not like hospitals and such but I have no problem talking with her and having a meal with her and my Mentor at the Chantry also she is a True Believer so she do not cause Paradox."
She commented and smiled.
"But she is a nurse she works with needles."
Anna said hesitantly.
"Yeah but that do not mean she will go and randomly poke people at the street and beside she knows how it is like to have a phobia, she is afraid of heights, really afraid of heights, she understand."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:53 pm

Kyle considered then he grinned and nodded. "Yeah I would like that, it will be like a game and I really like games, perhaps I have to get some books on Hebrew from the library as well when I go tomorrow. No telling me how the puzzle is solved would be no fun." He agreed. "Okey then I will solve it and we can discuss it when I have."
He declared with a challenge accepted kind of look in his eyes.

"That sounds good, I look forward to seeing your results."

"That is kind of cool...what is isopsephy though? I have never heard that word before Adley."
Kyle asked then he nodded.
"I will pay attention, Master Morgan is good at numerology?"

"It's not too dissimilar to the premise of gematria, only that is particular to Hebrew language and a specific system. Many ancient societies had a system to use alphabets and calculate numbers. Isopsephy is a system where alphabetical values of letters are added up in a word to form a single number value. Words that add up to the same value can be used to metaphorically or symbolically mean the same thing, or correspond to one another, the 'iso-' prefix gives it the meaning of 'equal to' or 'the same as', like 'equi-' in Latin. Greeks used their own form of this. Greek numerals already used the alphabet, so it was not hard to develop a numerical dimension in them I imagine. But, the idea is that with the twenty four letters of the Greek alphabet relate to what the Greeks called stoicheion, or elements of the cosmos. The first four being fire, earth, water, and air, which are the roots, then aether, or spirit and then the planets, or wandering stars including the sun and moon, the wheel of living things, which are the divisions of the zodiac, and so on. Thus sounds and forms from the alphabet draw sympathy between like things. And these elements combine to make all the forms and vibrations that exist."

He stopped when he realised he'd gone direct to lecture mode again, then nodded at Kyle. "Yes, he's good at number squares, which you will learn how to make also. The last one I tried to do gave me a major headache...we were trying to figure out some correspondence to an virtual adept's paradigm, Colin was translating. I couldn't get it, though it was beyond me. Well, when he shows you again perhaps I'll sit in and try to see if I can derive more from it than the first time..."

"Perhaps you can make You Tube videos or something about language. There are several channels were people lecture about different topics and if their channel gets popular they can earn good money on it." Kyle suggested. "You could teach Greek through Youtube and let people pay for private lessons over skype. That way you will be more free to set your own working times."

'Hm...I never really thought of anything like that," he said, looking thoughtful. "I'm not sure I have the charisma for it, given the glazed looks in class, but I suppose if someone were interested it would be different. And I'd be concerned of security. But it wouldn't hurt to check the idea out. I'd like to keep my position if I can, but a fallback option would be good."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:54 pm

[Adley] (Steelhaven at 9 30 in the evening)

"That sounds good, I look forward to seeing your results."

"I will make sure I give it my very best, I am good at games."
Kyle said and grinned.

"It's not too dissimilar to the premise of gematria, only that is particular to Hebrew language and a specific system. Many ancient societies had a system to use alphabets and calculate numbers. Isopsephy is a system where alphabetical values of letters are added up in a word to form a single number value. Words that add up to the same value can be used to metaphorically or symbolically mean the same thing, or correspond to one another, the 'iso-' prefix gives it the meaning of 'equal to' or 'the same as', like 'equi-' in Latin. Greeks used their own form of this. Greek numerals already used the alphabet, so it was not hard to develop a numerical dimension in them I imagine. But, the idea is that with the twenty four letters of the Greek alphabet relate to what the Greeks called stoicheion, or elements of the cosmos. The first four being fire, earth, water, and air, which are the roots, then aether, or spirit and then the planets, or wandering stars including the sun and moon, the wheel of living things, which are the divisions of the zodiac, and so on. Thus sounds and forms from the alphabet draw sympathy between like things. And these elements combine to make all the forms and vibrations that exist."

"Hum...is that why some old texts just don't make much sense Adley? One word with the same word value as another have been used just like we might say someone have lily skin or ebony hair instead o saying the colors themselves?"
Kyle said then he nodded.
"So that is where we get the idea of four elements plus Spirit? That is pretty cool so those and the planets and all of it correspond to Greek letters? Do that mean you can use that letter to symbolize that thing like oh I don't know writing the letter than corresponds to fire on the palm of your hand to make a fireball?"
Your brother asked.
"Are there books about this? I mean there have to be right?"

He stopped when he realised he'd gone direct to lecture mode again, then nodded at Kyle. "Yes, he's good at number squares, which you will learn how to make also. The last one I tried to do gave me a major headache...we were trying to figure out some correspondence to an virtual adept's paradigm, Colin was translating. I couldn't get it, though it was beyond me. Well, when he shows you again perhaps I'll sit in and try to see if I can derive more from it than the first time..."

"I have read about magic squares I have not used them for magick yet but I read a book about them my dad use them at times."
Kyle said and nodded.
"Yeah I can imagine that wrapping one's head around how another mage do things can be quite difficult. How do you work with other magi?"

'Hm...I never really thought of anything like that," he said, looking thoughtful. "I'm not sure I have the charisma for it, given the glazed looks in class, but I suppose if someone were interested it would be different. And I'd be concerned of security. But it wouldn't hurt to check the idea out. I'd like to keep my position if I can, but a fallback option would be good."

"I think you have charisma and besides you know your stuff, I am sure someone with some computer knowledge can make sure the uploads are secure, and it could work, I hope you get to keep your job though but if not then that is a possibility, I am sure someone would be interested language teaching videos often do quite well, then again one of those I have been following are this super cute Japanese girl with cat ears that teach her viewers Japanese, I am not sure you would look as good with cat ears teaching Greek."
The young mage said an grinned.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:29 pm

"Hum...is that why some old texts just don't make much sense Adley? One word with the same word value as another have been used just like we might say someone have lily skin or ebony hair instead o saying the colors themselves?"

"Quite a few manuscipts, scrolls, and books are written in occult terminology, or codes, some more apparent than others. The thing is deciphering these hidden codes from otherwise random similarities that may or may not be what the authors had in mind, or have several layers of meaning, which can take some system studies to give a framework of them."

"So that is where we get the idea of four elements plus Spirit? That is pretty cool so those and the planets and all of it correspond to Greek letters? Do that mean you can use that letter to symbolize that thing like oh I don't know writing the letter than corresponds to fire on the palm of your hand to make a fireball?"
Your brother asked.
"Are there books about this? I mean there have to be right?"

"The idea of so called classical elements likely existed in some form or another before then, such as in Babylon and in the east, they have their own system which is different. The writings of the Greek philosopher Empedocles is attributed to founding the 'classical' cosmogenic theory of the four elements that later was developed in Europe. He also seems to have believed in reincarnation. And yes, when you incant a spell, when you write one down, when you use hand gestures, they help you focus your intent and connect to those things you know in theory. Much of this you'd learn in the first several degrees as a hedge wizard learning about hermetic philosophies and then deepen your understanding as you go along. There are so many books now and things on the internet that it's important to know which are decent sources and which are utter garbage or inaccurate, or only the tip of the iceberg, what's known amongst Sleepers."

"I have read about magic squares I have not used them for magick yet but I read a book about them my dad use them at times."
Kyle said and nodded.
"Yeah I can imagine that wrapping one's head around how another mage do things can be quite difficult. How do you work with other magi?"

"It depends, if they are a mystic type then it is easier for me than those that use paradigms that are vastly different, like Etherites or Virtual Adepts. I usually describe certain types of archetypes to use in rituals and see if we can make them work together, in a sort of negotiation. It can sometimes take a while to figure out. I saw a joint portal made with a Virtual Adept and Hermetics and it looked like a video game," he said with a grin.

"I think you have charisma and besides you know your stuff, I am sure someone with some computer knowledge can make sure the uploads are secure, and it could work, I hope you get to keep your job though but if not then that is a possibility, I am sure someone would be interested language teaching videos often do quite well, then again one of those I have been following are this super cute Japanese girl with cat ears that teach her viewers Japanese, I am not sure you would look as good with cat ears teaching Greek."
The young mage said an grinned.

"Well, thanks. No cat ears for me, that would definitely not be the right gimmick." He looked amused. "But yes I could probably get some help, if I have time to set up such an endeavor."

// I think that about wraps most of this convo up on Adleys' side, Adley can go into lecture mode for hours xD
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:11 pm

"I hope so with my Mentor and my brother I feel that I finally have a family I want them to be proud of me, but I am also doing this for myself since I think being a healer would be a meaningful life, I mean I want to when I am old and gray and looking back on my life be able to say that my life had meaning and I think that as a healer I will have that."
Yu Die said and smiled.

"I hope I can do that as well. Make a difference in the world. Make a mark on it. Help the people in it." Serge said with a smile. "Hopefully we can both achieve that."

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Unicorns aside, I'm quite certain most of the Unions' gadgets and glasses come with trackers... however, I'm sure someone could be persuaded to help you with some magical glasses more in tune with your own methods."

"Dammit, their's always a catch." Serge said with a grin. "I don't even need them though, I see plenty with my magick already. Magickal glasses are so iconic though. It's just for the cool factor really."

After a bit of thought Serge added, "Wouldn't say no to spirit glasses though. That's one thing I can't see."

"We can steal everything but their underwear, I mean a nice suit is a nice suit, well unless it is full of bullet holes then it is no longer a nice suit."
Anna said practically.

"A slick MiB suit. Hell ya! Struttin around town like a boss." Serge said with a grin. "I could imagine those suits being bulletproof. Maybe they have some weird carbon-weave within them or something."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:50 am

Yu Die said and smiled.
Colin smiled, "Whereas I struck out on my own and became a silversmith... We all try to create something that will outlast us - for me, it's jewelry, for you, it's likely going to be your patients and their families. I think there's a Buddhist saying: when you die, all that remains is the consequences of your actions... There are far worse legacies to leave behind than a world that's a little better than it would have been without you."

"That is why you have scars Sir? A rocket? Wow you ae lucky to be alive."
Yu Die said and she glanced at you then she nodded.
"They might deserve some punishment at least i it was some sort of them being negligent or they did it willingly, if it was simply a mistake that might be something else but if they could have avoided it they deserve a bit of consequence for their actions."
He nodded, "Finest military surgeons the alliance could muster... and my Avatar helped with the luck. And it's fairly certain the intelligence officer knew about the civilian shelter... Perhaps it's time to give my old CO a call..."

"Yeah I heard she made the Caul out of her own child Mentor."
Anna said and nodded.
"That is pretty brutal also I am still impressed you actually spoke with an Aswadim."
She said and Yu Die looked confused.
"What is an Aswadim?"
The young Akashic asked.
He scratched his ear, slightly bashfully, "Ah, an Aswadim is... well, we have Oracles, and the Aswadim are the Fallen equivalent to that. I am lucky he only swung by on his way out to express his gratitude for stopping Larson's plot to bind him... Fortunately, no Oracle - on either side - is allowed to directly act, so he just said a few words and left. For obvious reasons, I would not recommend seeking them out."

"I can talk with this Kyle, I think you told me about him before Mentor."
Anna said and nodded.
"I guess I could meet this Nurse Mona...for ice cream i you are there and we are nowhere near the hospital."
Anna said hesitantly.
"She is actually very nice Anna. I do not like hospitals and such but I have no problem talking with her and having a meal with her and my Mentor at the Chantry also she is a True Believer so she do not cause Paradox."
She commented and smiled.
"But she is a nurse she works with needles."
Anna said hesitantly.
"Yeah but that do not mean she will go and randomly poke people at the street and beside she knows how it is like to have a phobia, she is afraid of heights, really afraid of heights, she understand."
He smiled warmly, "How close to the hospital is 'nowhere near'? I know about this excellent little gelato shop about a block down from the hospital... which would be a convenient distance for Nurse Mona to take a break during the day."

"Dammit, their's always a catch." Serge said with a grin. "I don't even need them though, I see plenty with my magick already. Magickal glasses are so iconic though. It's just for the cool factor really."

After a bit of though Serge added, "Wouldn't say no to spirit glasses though. That's one thing I can't see."
He grinned and fished out the case of monocles, flipping it open, "I know what you mean... I need to make me some new Foci like these; afraid I can't help you with spirit glasses as such - I only gained the ability to see them today, and I don't think I can quite manage to unsee them... Had to sacrifice one of these earlier, too..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:39 am

Anja's Post:
"Yeah but tell the creeps that they can fuck off then you are sure to find one or two who say, oh yes be stern with me, tell me I am worthless...and you can just imagine what they do with their right hand while writing."
Fran said and scoffed.

'Ooh, I get this one!' Nicole replied rather loudly, surprisingly excited. 'Hold a writing thing like a pen!' seemingly treating Fran's comment as a lateral thinking puzzle.

Anja's Post:
"You are probably right...they are annoying though they need a hobby."
Fran said and Helga grinned.
"They have a hobby it is called being creepy and harassing women online, they even have clubs for it."
The Cultist commented and Fran made a disgusted noise at that.

'Think being creepy is more... a calling than hobby.' Nicole replied thoughtfully, signalling to the bartender that the drink was a good one. 'Heard a rumour that an Adept went on a fightback against a load a couple years back. Got a bunches' details, then got blow-up dolls sent to them with a note that it was the nearest they'd ever get to an actual woman.'

Anja's Post:
"Yeah but that is two Traditions centuries apart, we also accepted in the Solificati from the Order of Reason that that it went to well, there is a difference between that and accepting in five full Conventions and also the problem is that with the Sons of Ether their Ether science and orgone energy and all of the stuff that have also made it's way into the occult we can sort of relate to you guys, and with the Virtual Adepts well they had already left the Union when Dr Spence talked the Council into giving them amnesty they where already the enemies of the Technocrazy that is easier to accept than enough Union men to take us down from the inside."

'Nice. Accept not to push 'em into a corner, but then do that 'cos they might be a "security risk".' Nicole replied rather drunkenly. 'Shit... most of 'em will die for Da Cause anyways. I'm talking about allowing the option of 'em to surrender. In a way which don't end with 'em being put up against a wall with a blindfold afters.'

Anja's Post:
"And besides the Virtual Adepts with their little computers that they type away so furiously on are so cuuute!"
Which got her odd looks from the other girls.

'That with any one in particular?' giving a little raised eyebrow as she tried to get to the drink through the umbrellas.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:01 am

'Ooh, I get this one!' Nicole replied rather loudly, surprisingly excited. 'Hold a writing thing like a pen!' seemingly treating Fran's comment as a lateral thinking puzzle.

Fran and the other girls giggled.
"I doubt it is a pen they are using while writing Nicole."
The Euthanathos said.
"No but it is not much bigger."
Theodora said and grinned.

Think being creepy is more... a calling than hobby.' Nicole replied thoughtfully, signalling to the bartender that the drink was a good one. 'Heard a rumour that an Adept went on a fightback against a load a couple years back. Got a bunches' details, then got blow-up dolls sent to them with a note that it was the nearest they'd ever get to an actual woman.'

The bartender gave you a thumbs up. Theodora grinned.
"That sounds like something the test tube babies would do."
She commented sounding amused.
"No no Theo the Adepts are our friend let us not call them derogatory names."
Helga said and Theodora nodded.
"Ok ok I will be nice to the Adepts."

Nice. Accept not to push 'em into a corner, but then do that 'cos they might be a "security risk".' Nicole replied rather drunkenly. 'Shit... most of 'em will die for Da Cause anyways. I'm talking about allowing the option of 'em to surrender. In a way which don't end with 'em being put up against a wall with a blindfold afters.'

"Yeah that is a good idea, a really good idea, I mean that is the problem with the Nephandi, if they are captured they get Gilgulled, if they talk they get Gilgulled if they do not cooperate they get Gigulled, it makes them desperate when fighting and we have no leverage when interrogating them."
Fran said and frowned.
"It is a horrible thing but that word sounds really funny when I am drunk."
Theodora commented wryly.

'That with any one in particular?' giving a little raised eyebrow as she tried to get to the drink through the umbrellas.

"Well perhaps...there is this person over at Westchapel, it is a research Chantry so it have all the Technomancers...and there is a rather cute Virtual Adept."
Fran said and grinned.
"Do he have a nice ass?"
Theodora asked.
"Yeah as a matter of fact he do."
Fran replied and giggled.

[Adley and Serge] (Steelhaven at 9 30 in the evening)

"I hope I can do that as well. Make a difference in the world. Make a mark on it. Help the people in it." Serge said with a smile. "Hopefully we can both achieve that."

"I hope so as well Sir however it sounds to me that you have already helped pepole."
Yu Die said and smiled.

After a bit of thought Serge added, "Wouldn't say no to spirit glasses though. That's one thing I can't see."

"Could we not take the trackers out of the Union's unicorn robots?"
Yu Die asked.
"Would it not be better to just learn to see Spirits without glasses Sir?"
Anna asked.

"A slick MiB suit. Hell ya! Struttin around town like a boss." Serge said with a grin. "I could imagine those suits being bulletproof. Maybe they have some weird carbon-weave within them or something."

"Well besides the cool, sometimes you just need to look nice, like for a job interview or something and suits are expensive so one might as well steal them from our enemies."
Anna reasoned.

Colin smiled, "Whereas I struck out on my own and became a silversmith... We all try to create something that will outlast us - for me, it's jewelry, for you, it's likely going to be your patients and their families. I think there's a Buddhist saying: when you die, all that remains is the consequences of your actions... There are far worse legacies to leave behind than a world that's a little better than it would have been without you."

"I know you are a silversmith Sir my brother gave me a ring from your shop for my birthday."
Yu Die said and you remember that Richard went into the store a few months ago buying a tiny ring with a small silver horse with a tiny hematite for an eye.
"Yeah that is what I want Sir that when I am old and gray and pass on that I have done my part to make the world a little bit better, that will be enough for me."

He nodded, "Finest military surgeons the alliance could muster... and my Avatar helped with the luck. And it's fairly certain the intelligence officer knew about the civilian shelter... Perhaps it's time to give my old CO a call..."

"It seams the surgeon did a very good job."
The young Akashic said and nodded then she gave you a dark look.
"If he knew about it then he is a murderer and he deserve to be punished."

He scratched his ear, slightly bashfully, "Ah, an Aswadim is... well, we have Oracles, and the Aswadim are the Fallen equivalent to that. I am lucky he only swung by on his way out to express his gratitude for stopping Larson's plot to bind him... Fortunately, no Oracle - on either side - is allowed to directly act, so he just said a few words and left. For obvious reasons, I would not recommend seeking them out."

"Oh my you spoke with a Nephandi Oracle Sir to be honest I think that if it had been me there would be a little puddle under me by the time he left."
Yu Die said her eyes wide.
"If you excuse me putting it that way."
She said while Anna gave you an awe struck voice as if you had said you had a chat with a rock start for a regular kid.

He smiled warmly, "How close to the hospital is 'nowhere near'? I know about this excellent little gelato shop about a block down from the hospital... which would be a convenient distance for Nurse Mona to take a break during the day."

"Not in the hospital itself, so that shop should be fine."
Anna said.
"What is gelato by the wya Mentor?"
She asked.
"I just do not want to be where nurses can jab at me."
She commented.
"I do not like to go near the hospital either Anna but they are nurses not cactuars they do not run around jabbing at random passerbys."
Yu Die said and Anna did not look quite convinced she was used to Nephandi who might do just that just for fun.

"Quite a few manuscipts, scrolls, and books are written in occult terminology, or codes, some more apparent than others. The thing is deciphering these hidden codes from otherwise random similarities that may or may not be what the authors had in mind, or have several layers of meaning, which can take some system studies to give a framework of them."

"That is so interesting. I have to learn more about that and then try to read some old texts again."
Kyle said and grinned.

"The idea of so called classical elements likely existed in some form or another before then, such as in Babylon and in the east, they have their own system which is different. The writings of the Greek philosopher Empedocles is attributed to founding the 'classical' cosmogenic theory of the four elements that later was developed in Europe. He also seems to have believed in reincarnation. And yes, when you incant a spell, when you write one down, when you use hand gestures, they help you focus your intent and connect to those things you know in theory. Much of this you'd learn in the first several degrees as a hedge wizard learning about hermetic philosophies and then deepen your understanding as you go along. There are so many books now and things on the internet that it's important to know which are decent sources and which are utter garbage or inaccurate, or only the tip of the iceberg, what's known amongst Sleepers."

Your brother nodded at that as he seamed to let the information sink in.
"Which books do you recommend that I start with Adley?"
He asked.
"I guess there is reason why the Order of Hermes train their apprentices in such stages, but it is hard for me to go back as my dad say I am not a hedge wizard."
He said and sigh.

"It depends, if they are a mystic type then it is easier for me than those that use paradigms that are vastly different, like Etherites or Virtual Adepts. I usually describe certain types of archetypes to use in rituals and see if we can make them work together, in a sort of negotiation. It can sometimes take a while to figure out. I saw a joint portal made with a Virtual Adept and Hermetics and it looked like a video game," he said with a grin.

"Oh wow that is one cool portal I would have loved to see that."
Kyle said and grinned.
"One day I am going to make a video game portal."
He declared happily.
"What if you read up on the Paradigm of someone who is far from you in their Paradigm, perhaps then you could understand it?"
The young mage suggested.

"Well, thanks. No cat ears for me, that would definitely not be the right gimmick." He looked amused. "But yes I could probably get some help, if I have time to set up such an endeavor."

"I think it could be good, I mean you are really good at lecturing so I would watch your videos."
Kyle said and smiled.
"An no I do think the cat ears might not be your style."

(OOC: Then I will try to get the new thread up as soon as Nicole and Serge and Colin's conversations are done, or we near page 40 for then I have to.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak on Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:31 am

[Tane] (Steelhaven at 8 30 in the evening)
I think the airport is mostly okey still
Yeah, well, that was an invitation to do anything there since there's no retaliation. I hope we can find ways to help, but we're stretched thin as it is.

But we will help her back on her feet
Damn straight we will. Tane said with a smile She'll be walking in no time!

(Talking with an old shaman)
It remains changing, that's a constant, and it hasn't spread to all of creation, so it is different to anything else, so there have to be boundaries. There has to be more to know about the place, but i will bring this knowledge back and try to learn of a way to direct it to do my bidding. There's just... that kind of magick sounds the spiritual i'm used to, but also prime wich i know a lot of too... but also pure entrophy, and i know nothing of that.

[Tane's apartment]
few handfuls of squished spiders
Then it is alive and almost well. They can disgregate themselves in a mass of spiders, if there's only one small spider remaining, then she's alive and well. Even though, i think she's a kind of tarantula, so she's probably a big spider. I hope we damaged her enough that's she's not a problem to us for a long time.

an ancient, powerful Nephandus in Chicago brought his Labyrinth to attack Abigail's at a time we were informed of, so we could take advantage of the 'coincidental' attack and tear the whole place apart.
That sounds unwise. We helped an already powerful nephandus to kill one not so powerful and commited our people to that? as a tool for the powerful one? instead of letting them kill each other, or attack the remaining? i'm sure i'm missing something there...

It would not have given us a second thought and buggered off, never to return. And it would likely have summarily eaten anyone left on board...
What did the handler do now that he's free?

and defend them quite violently from Mages wanting the Quintessence within
Caerns are sacred places for them and not just giant batteries. Werewolves are most fond of their sacred places, while rokea are not so mystical. Even still, it's a place they can commune with their spirit totems, find allies, come back to their ancestors and such, it's important to them. To us they actually are like gas stations, becoming more significant only if we make them. In that regard, they are more communal and we are more individual.

That sort of shit gets people distracted and killed.
I'm just happy we could take her out. She alone had summoned a dozen shadowmen and was fighting hand in hand with Amadeus and this guy. She stood her ground to both of them! That's a lot of juice right there.
Tane Karyak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:08 am

"That is so interesting. I have to learn more about that and then try to read some old texts again."
Kyle said and grinned.

"Even re-reading some of the same texts years later I get better insight."

"Which books do you recommend that I start with Adley?"
He asked.
"I guess there is reason why the Order of Hermes train their apprentices in such stages, but it is hard for me to go back as my dad say I am not a hedge wizard."
He said and sigh.

"You're going to get a pile of books from the Chief, so start with those, unless you want to get a head start. Then I can tell you which ones are probably going to be first. Yes, often they do that but our House is also practical, if you have talent that is useful and the right sort of attitude, then it is a matter of learning and then learning how and when to apply."

"Oh wow that is one cool portal I would have loved to see that."
Kyle said and grinned.
"One day I am going to make a video game portal."
He declared happily.
"What if you read up on the Paradigm of someone who is far from you in their Paradigm, perhaps then you could understand it?"
The young mage suggested.

"I shouldn'tve told you that," he said, with a bit of an eye roll. "Now it's just going to be a goal! Well...maybe. I can get some things from reading what they might try to share with me, but if it doesn't fit into my understanding, it's not going to do me any good. I could sit there and read a book on computer programming, maybe learn something but that doesn't make me understand how Virtual Adepts do what they do, or really able to bridge the two. I's have better luck discussing technological magick styles with any former Thig in House Verditius, then maybe talking with one of them. Maybe."

"I think it could be good, I mean you are really good at lecturing so I would watch your videos." Kyle said and smiled. "An no I do think the cat ears might not be your style."

He shifted and then made a face. "Ugh, alright, the last several weeks that were in one week have officially caught up to me. I feel like the whole offensive line of the Bruins decided to check me simultaneously. No more lectures for tonight."

// sounds good!
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:10 pm

[Tane's apartment]
Then it is alive and almost well. They can disgregate themselves in a mass of spiders, if there's only one small spider remaining, then she's alive and well. Even though, i think she's a kind of tarantula, so she's probably a big spider. I hope we damaged her enough that's she's not a problem to us for a long time.
Colin shrugged, "I understand the last spider was, in fact, killed. If there's anything left, she'll be on her way into the Deep Umbra by now, and fairly unlikely to ever find her way back..."

That sounds unwise. We helped an already powerful nephandus to kill one not so powerful and commited our people to that? as a tool for the powerful one? instead of letting them kill each other, or attack the remaining? i'm sure i'm missing something there...
He shook his head, "Less unwise than it might seem - The Jade Demon is a few thousand years old, and spends most of his time meditating on the natural principle of Entropy, by all accounts. The only times he's actually done anything in a long time is when some of his household have been captured by either the Traditions or the Union - he will act to protect his own, but aside from that, he practices a strict nonagression policy. Trying to attack him would be a very effective way to commit suicide; no more, no less. As it is, we did not 'help' him, that would be illegal. We merely took advantage of knowing the time and place of his attack to hit Abigail's Labyrinth from the other side. Abigail and her lot were our priority as the imminent threat to the world's continued existence, so we were rather too busy rounding up the captives to... try to prevent the Jade Demon and his house to make their escape. It was a matter of convenience as much as courtesy; Abigail was trying to reduce the Soul of Chicago to mere fuel for Larson's working in Boston - and that made her a clear and present threat."

What did the handler do now that he's free?
He arched an eyebrow, "It would seem she dropped you and your group of werewolves off before she hit the Deep Umbra. I don't think she'll ever come back close to Earth; she'll be too busy exploring strange new worlds on her own, somewhere in the Deep. I know how to find her, if it should come to that, but I think she'll be best left alone."

Caerns are sacred places for them and not just giant batteries. Werewolves are most fond of their sacred places, while rokea are not so mystical. Even still, it's a place they can commune with their spirit totems, find allies, come back to their ancestors and such, it's important to them. To us they actually are like gas stations, becoming more significant only if we make them. In that regard, they are more communal and we are more individual.
He nodded, "I see them as far more than a mere gas station - while the Quintessence is useful, they can be so much more; hell, I used a Node not for its power, but as a connection to its future, centuries from now, to speak with... someone at a later date. It was enlightening."

I'm just happy we could take her out. She alone had summoned a dozen shadowmen and was fighting hand in hand with Amadeus and this guy. She stood her ground to both of them! That's a lot of juice right there.
He nodded, "It worked out in your favour this time... But next time, assuming there is one, you might wish to coordinate a bit better with the rest of your team before acting."

[Rosa's apartment]
"I know you are a silversmith Sir my brother gave me a ring from your shop for my birthday."
Yu Die said and you remember that Richard went into the store a few months ago buying a tiny ring with a small silver horse with a tiny hematite for an eye.
"Yeah that is what I want Sir that when I am old and gray and pass on that I have done my part to make the world a little bit better, that will be enough for me."
He smiled, "Horse with bloodstone eye, right? Just bring it by if it ever needs cleaning; no charge."

"It seams the surgeon did a very good job."
The young Akashic said and nodded then she gave you a dark look.
"If he knew about it then he is a murderer and he deserve to be punished."
He smiled wryly, "Well, considering half my face was hanging off my shoulder, yes, he patched me up remarkably well. As for the... other guy, well, the CIA has not exactly had a reputation of clean hands since, oh, the fifties?"

"Oh my you spoke with a Nephandi Oracle Sir to be honest I think that if it had been me there would be a little puddle under me by the time he left."
Yu Die said her eyes wide.
"If you excuse me putting it that way."
She said while Anna gave you an awe struck voice as if you had said you had a chat with a rock start for a regular kid.
He nodded, "Actually, it's quite possible you would not have been quite that terrified... he had an immensely powerful regal presence, for certain, but there was no malice in it. As I said, he was there to express gratitude, not threaten. I'll admit to experience some... nervous shriveling at the time, though, even if my face didn't betray it."

"Not in the hospital itself, so that shop should be fine."
Anna said.
"What is gelato by the wya Mentor?"
She asked.
"I just do not want to be where nurses can jab at me."
She commented.
"I do not like to go near the hospital either Anna but they are nurses not cactuars they do not run around jabbing at random passerbys."
Yu Die said and Anna did not look quite convinced she was used to Nephandi who might do just that just for fun.
He smiled, "Italian ice cream - I believe it's lower fat than regular ice cream, and usually a bit richer in flavour. And nurses generally don't carry syringes around everywhere; they're almost always put in a drawer when not in use. The syringes, that is, not the nurses. In fact, most nurses don't take their work habits outside the hospital. With one exception, perhaps; one of the nurses when I was in recovery apparently participated in weightlifting contests. Did quite well, too."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:16 pm

Colin wrote:He grinned and fished out the case of monocles, flipping it open, "I know what you mean... I need to make me some new Foci like these; afraid I can't help you with spirit glasses as such - I only gained the ability to see them today, and I don't think I can quite manage to unsee them... Had to sacrifice one of these earlier, too..."

"Guess I'll have to find another way to see those spirits. I will see a microwave spirit one day! One day..." Serge said in a hopeful tone.

"Could we not take the trackers out of the Union's unicorn robots?"
Yu Die asked.

"Someone could. Not us probably. I doubt the Union would make it so easy. And it might be dangerous to bring them to someone who could." Serge said.

"Would it not be better to just learn to see Spirits without glasses Sir?"
Anna asked.

"In time, I wanna learn how to do that. But for right now I'd settle on just borrowing someone else's powers. Whether it's imbued in glasses, masks, or some other facial clothing. It's better than being at the mercy of invisible beings with questionable goals." Serge said eyeing the room around them as if expecting a spirit to attack just for mentioning them.

"Well besides the cool, sometimes you just need to look nice, like for a job interview or something and suits are expensive so one might as well steal them from our enemies."
Anna reasoned.

"Job Interviews? Gross." Serge said like a child commenting on icky vegetables. "But yeah. Stealing from your enemies is a great way to alleviate costs."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:53 pm

He smiled, "Horse with bloodstone eye, right? Just bring it by if it ever needs cleaning; no charge."

"Thank you Sir, yes that is the ring indeed it is really pretty."
Yu Die said and smiled.

He smiled wryly, "Well, considering half my face was hanging off my shoulder, yes, he patched me up remarkably well. As for the... other guy, well, the CIA has not exactly had a reputation of clean hands since, oh, the fifties?"

"Perhaps they are controlled by the Union Sir."
The young Akashic said.
"It is quite amazing what modern medicine can actually do."
She commented and nodded.

He nodded, "Actually, it's quite possible you would not have been quite that terrified... he had an immensely powerful regal presence, for certain, but there was no malice in it. As I said, he was there to express gratitude, not threaten. I'll admit to experience some... nervous shriveling at the time, though, even if my face didn't betray it."

"That is so awesome I wish I was there I would have loved to actually talk to a Aswadim."
Anna said star struck.
"I mean they have visited the Labyrinth I grew up it but I have never spoken with one."
She said and Yu Die looked doubtful.
"I ehm...do not think I would like to see one."
The young Akashic commented.
"Much less speak with one."

He smiled, "Italian ice cream - I believe it's lower fat than regular ice cream, and usually a bit richer in flavour.

"That sounds good Mentor."
Anna said and she nodded approvingly.

And nurses generally don't carry syringes around everywhere; they're almost always put in a drawer when not in use. The syringes, that is, not the nurses. In fact, most nurses don't take their work habits outside the hospital. With one exception, perhaps; one of the nurses when I was in recovery apparently participated in weightlifting contests. Did quite well, too."

Your apprentice did not look completely convinced.
"I guess."
She muttered but she clearly looked like she though the nurses where like her old Mentor who stuck needles in people just for the hell of it.
"They did not hut you? The nurses that took care of you when you where injured Mentor?"
Anna asked.

"Someone could. Not us probably. I doubt the Union would make it so easy. And it might be dangerous to bring them to someone who could." Serge said.

"That is very true Sir but perhaps the Sons of Ether or the Virtual Adepts could remove the trackers?"
Yu Die said and smiled.

"In time, I wanna learn how to do that. But for right now I'd settle on just borrowing someone else's powers. Whether it's imbued in glasses, masks, or some other facial clothing. It's better than being at the mercy of invisible beings with questionable goals." Serge said eyeing the room around them as if expecting a spirit to attack just for mentioning them.

"If you are thinking about the danger of being attacked or possessed by a spirit that do not change if it is your power you see them with or someone elses that you borrow, if you see spirits they notice you easier but even if you do not see them they can generally see you so they can easilly harm you and then itis best to be able to see them so you can defend yourself Sir."
Anna said and shrugged.

"Job Interviews? Gross." Serge said like a child commenting on icky vegetables. "But yeah. Stealing from your enemies is a great way to alleviate costs."

"Job interviews is how you get a job."
Anna said simply.
"But yes stealing from an enemy are practical."

"Even re-reading some of the same texts years later I get better insight."

"Yeah I can imagine so."
Kyle said and nodded.

"You're going to get a pile of books from the Chief, so start with those, unless you want to get a head start. Then I can tell you which ones are probably going to be first. Yes, often they do that but our House is also practical, if you have talent that is useful and the right sort of attitude, then it is a matter of learning and then learning how and when to apply."

"A head start would not be a bad idea which books are probably going to be first?"
Your brother asked.
"Hum...well that is good, I guess folks can become mages at any age right, from children to the elderly."

"I shouldn'tve told you that," he said, with a bit of an eye roll. "Now it's just going to be a goal! Well...maybe. I can get some things from reading what they might try to share with me, but if it doesn't fit into my understanding, it's not going to do me any good. I could sit there and read a book on computer programming, maybe learn something but that doesn't make me understand how Virtual Adepts do what they do, or really able to bridge the two. I's have better luck discussing technological magick styles with any former Thig in House Verditius, then maybe talking with one of them. Maybe."

"Hell yeah it is going to be a goal, a computer game portal that is just so awesome!"
Kyle announced then he considered for a moment.
"Why do you think that is Adley that we all have different Paradigms and see magick in different ways and yet it still works for all of us?"
He asked.
"It would be easier if everyone did magick in the same way."

He shifted and then made a face. "Ugh, alright, the last several weeks that were in one week have officially caught up to me. I feel like the whole offensive line of the Bruins decided to check me simultaneously. No more lectures for tonight."

"Yeah you should probably get some rest as well."
The young mage said and smiled.
"Thanks for talking with me Adley is have been interesting and it is nice to get to know you."
He added and looked at you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:04 pm

[Tane] (Steelhaven at 8 30 in the evening)

Yeah, well, that was an invitation to do anything there since there's no retaliation. I hope we can find ways to help, but we're stretched thin as it is.

"Well since that Nephanda was Lisa Larson and we officially trashed her Labyrinth that counts and retaliation in my mind."
Bianca said and shrugged.

Damn straight we will. Tane said with a smile She'll be walking in no time!

"I am more concerned about her casting spells again than walking but yeah, we will make sure that she is okey and get better."
The Verbena hedge wizard commented.

(Talking with an old shaman)

It remains changing, that's a constant, and it hasn't spread to all of creation, so it is different to anything else, so there have to be boundaries. There has to be more to know about the place, but i will bring this knowledge back and try to learn of a way to direct it to do my bidding. There's just... that kind of magick sounds the spiritual i'm used to, but also prime wich i know a lot of too... but also pure entrophy, and i know nothing of that.

"I doubt you will be able to control it young one, you will need to ally yourself with someone far older and more knowledgeable than yourself. No this realm do not spread that can be seen one the outside but inside it changes from the size of a pea to a wast universe, that there is any constant in it, even that there are none are just a guess, very few have gone into it that have ever come back out."
The old woman warned.
"But it is the only place that perhaps can do what you seek."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:39 pm

"Guess I'll have to find another way to see those spirits. I will see a microwave spirit one day! One day..." Serge said in a hopeful tone.
Colin arched an eyebrow, "If it helps, I haven't spotted any spirits in here... but if I had some Quintessence to spare, I suppose I could invite one to manifest. I know a couple who might be willing to show up for a meet-and-greet."

"Perhaps they are controlled by the Union Sir."
The young Akashic said.
"It is quite amazing what modern medicine can actually do."
She commented and nodded.
He smiled wryly, "I suspect the Union has their finger in all modern intelligence agencies... and they, in turn, are probably more infiltrated by the Nephandi than anyone suspects."
He nodded, "And yes, modern medicine is quite impressive at times. It's not perfect, obviously, but a skilled Sleeper can do things a powerful Verbena, for example, would be hard pressed to match..."

"That is so awesome I wish I was there I would have loved to actually talk to a Aswadim."
Anna said star struck.
"I mean they have visited the Labyrinth I grew up it but I have never spoken with one."
She said and Yu Die looked doubtful.
"I ehm...do not think I would like to see one."
The young Akashic commented.
"Much less speak with one."
He smiled thinly, "Yu Die has the right of it, Sweetie; and by and large, the same could be said for our own Oracles, as well. It seems most times when they show up, it means there's serious trouble ahead, and the one to receive the visit gets one hell of a workload... They don't show up for a cup of tea and a biscuit."

Your apprentice did not look completely convinced.
"I guess."
She muttered but she clearly looked like she though the nurses where like her old Mentor who stuck needles in people just for the hell of it.
"They did not hut you? The nurses that took care of you when you where injured Mentor?"
Anna asked.
He grinned wryly, "Quite the opposite, in fact; I spent some time being fed through a tube... the same tube carried quite potent painkillers, so I couldn't feel the hurt in my face. And they helped me walk the few steps necessary to... take care of more personal business - fortunately, my legs worked just fine, but I still had some balance issues for a little while after the surgery. My head did get shaken up a little, after all."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:50 pm

He smiled wryly, "I suspect the Union has their finger in all modern intelligence agencies... and they, in turn, are probably more infiltrated by the Nephandi than anyone suspects."

"Yeah you are probably right Sir and that is a pretty scary thought really, just how much power the Nephandi and the Union really have."
Yu Die said and frowned.

He nodded, "And yes, modern medicine is quite impressive at times. It's not perfect, obviously, but a skilled Sleeper can do things a powerful Verbena, for example, would be hard pressed to match..."

"True, there are some things modern medicine can not do that a Verbena or other magickal healer can though."
The young Verbena commented.

He smiled thinly, "Yu Die has the right of it, Sweetie; and by and large, the same could be said for our own Oracles, as well. It seems most times when they show up, it means there's serious trouble ahead, and the one to receive the visit gets one hell of a workload... They don't show up for a cup of tea and a biscuit."

"I know I know but it is so cool."
Anna said and grinned.

He grinned wryly, "Quite the opposite, in fact; I spent some time being fed through a tube... the same tube carried quite potent painkillers, so I couldn't feel the hurt in my face. And they helped me walk the few steps necessary to... take care of more personal business - fortunately, my legs worked just fine, but I still had some balance issues for a little while after the surgery. My head did get shaken up a little, after all."

"Are you sure Mentor?"
Anna said she seamed doubtful for a moment.
"Are you sure they are not like Gabriel?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:10 pm

Anja's Post:
Fran and the other girls giggled.
"I doubt it is a pen they are using while writing Nicole."
The Euthanathos said.
"No but it is not much bigger."

'I object! Pens aren't that small.'

Anja's Post:
The bartender gave you a thumbs up. Theodora grinned.
"That sounds like something the test tube babies would do."
She commented sounding amused.
"No no Theo the Adepts are our friend let us not call them derogatory names."
Helga said and Theodora nodded.
"Ok ok I will be nice to the Adepts."

Nicole gave a drunken shrug to this; in her book, at least the Adepts made sense to her.

Anja's Post:
"Yeah that is a good idea, a really good idea, I mean that is the problem with the Nephandi, if they are captured they get Gilgulled, if they talk they get Gilgulled if they do not cooperate they get Gigulled, it makes them desperate when fighting and we have no leverage when interrogating them."
Fran said and frowned.
"It is a horrible thing but that word sounds really funny when I am drunk."
Theodora commented wryly.

'It... means we having nothing to offer too.' Nicole said, slumping deeper into the chair. 'Can only bribe if you have something to bribe with.'

Anja's Post:
"Well perhaps...there is this person over at Westchapel, it is a research Chantry so it have all the Technomancers...and there is a rather cute Virtual Adept."
Fran said and grinned.
"Do he have a nice ass?"
Theodora asked.
"Yeah as a matter of fact he do."
Fran replied and giggled.

'Not all.' the Etherite drunkenly complained. 'I'll keep an eye... see if I can work out who it is.' ending with a grin as she had more of her drink.

[Happy to have this scene wrapped up, unless any of the NPC's want to broach a subject with Nicole tonight]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:28 pm

'I object! Pens aren't that small.'

"The mini ones that come with kid's diaries are."

'It... means we having nothing to offer too.' Nicole said, slumping deeper into the chair. 'Can only bribe if you have something to bribe with.'

"Yeah I mean what would you do if the choice was between a fate worse than death and a fate worse than death there would be no point in cooperating with that."
Fran said and frowned.

'Not all.' the Etherite drunkenly complained. 'I'll keep an eye... see if I can work out who it is.' ending with a grin as she had more of her drink.

"Yeah you are going to have to check the asses of all the Virtual Adepts to see who have a nice tush!"
Helga said as she showed olives into her mouth making her speech muffled.
"I like Virtual Adepts with nice asses, and they can teleport them around."
Fran muttered happily.

(OOC: Well that just leave Colin and Serge and I can close this thread down and start up the next one for this have been one long ass thread. :O )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:08 pm

"A head start would not be a bad idea which books are probably going to be first?"
Your brother asked.
"Hum...well that is good, I guess folks can become mages at any age right, from children to the elderly."

"Theoretically, but it seems to happen more frequently when you're a teenager or young adult, since that's when you're sort of doing a lot of growth anyway. I was a late bloomer I guess."

"Hell yeah it is going to be a goal, a computer game portal that is just so awesome!"
Kyle announced then he considered for a moment.
"Why do you think that is Adley that we all have different Paradigms and see magick in different ways and yet it still works for all of us?"
He asked.
"It would be easier if everyone did magick in the same way."

"Well, I'm sorry. It might not be the way you learn it form us, you'll just have to be satisfied with walking through mirrors and walls, or using a proper gate or portal key like in Harry Potter," he teased. Then he frowned a little. "I think that it's good to have diversity, aside form the whole 'absolutely destroying the Tellurian and everyone and thing in it' viewpoint. The Technocracy would love nothing better than to make 'everyone do the magick' the same way, their way. Of course they don't see it as magick, but still. They're doing their best to get rid of anyone who doesn't fit their paradigm," he added soberly.

"Yeah you should probably get some rest as well."
The young mage said and smiled.
"Thanks for talking with me Adley is have been interesting and it is nice to get to know you."
He added and looked at you.

"Same," he said, and rose stiffly to his feet. "Ugh...shit this hurts. Ah well, it was worth it."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 38 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next