Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we have an important items thread?

5 posters

Go down

Should we have an important items thread? Empty Should we have an important items thread?

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:43 am

Inspired by the frequent where are the pine cone questions I was wondering would it be a good idea for us to have an important items thread where we can keep a list on where story critical items are, I am not meaning things like where are Adley's freshly washed underwear and Colin's teacups but things like the pine cone or the Telporter's letter, and then we can make a new post updating the list when the items change location or hands? What do you guys think?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Should we have an important items thread? Empty Re: Should we have an important items thread?

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:22 pm

Sounds like plan.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Should we have an important items thread? Empty Re: Should we have an important items thread?

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:56 pm

Then if no one else minds I will create such a thread when I get home.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:20 pm

Pine cone questions? Am I missing something here?

Thing is, if you're talking about what I think you are, each list would be different for each PC, wouldn't it?

One thing I have said before that we could do with is a 'master list' of each PC's current time/location. Possibly also containing the IC date, sunrise/sunset time and a couple of sentences describing the weather. If anything else, knowing whether a coat is needed...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:29 pm

it's too bad boards to don't do spreadsheets too well though I suppose I could make one for google drive and link it - we could each attach a list like that to our own character sheets too, I kind of have though I can't always remember to keep up on them. But in-common, unique or important items (KEY ITEMS in Jrpg lingo) might be good to have somewhere yeah. As it changes, we just change over tag.

Nic - the pinecone is a plot item for the Fallen avatar SL and it changes hands occasionally so it's good to keep track of.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:41 pm

You can, actually cut/paste spreadsheets into posts. Here's one I did earlier...

http://eabn.forumotion.co.uk/t38-firearms-chart

At this moment in time, I'm keeping all of Nicks' stuff in saved PM's, with a master copy on a USB stick as documents [excepting her sheet, which is as a spreadsheet].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:02 pm

That sounds neat though I think just a written up list in a post will work as well and will not require me to learn new fuctions of the forum. Though if anyone else want to upload spread sheets into the forum that would be great.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:05 pm

I like that idea. I have a list of notable items that Serge has been keeping a hold of written in his character sheet.

Notably the Deaconess's crayons and the potion he got from Arn.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:30 am

@Nicole - Careful about archiving your PMs I found out the hard way that it culls your oldest ones in favor of new ones and lost a couple things I wanted to save but forgot to archive. The spreadsheet looks nice, did you have to use an embedded code?

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:43 pm

The Archived PM's are only ~8 in total, so way below the cut-off point. Plus, I always delete the replaced ones. And I have doc. copies myself.

Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Testing...

All you need to do is highlight / copy / paste the part of the sheet you want into the reply box. Just made sure you've got the correct editor mode on so your formatting is preserved.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:57 pm

I have not really ever made such number sheets before though. So I was more thinking of a regular thread with posts where items and where they are and who have them are noted unless someone else wish to do it with the sheets.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:08 pm

Using a spreadsheet software for words lists has the advantage that you can preserve the formatting. Pointing to my example of the 'Firearms Sheet' earlier, when I tried to do it normally the columns didn't line up at all...
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Yes but do it really have an enough advantage to go to the effort of learning a new program and a function in it to have it in a spread sheet rather than just writing:

Beatrice's Pine Cone--Adley have it.
The Teleporter's letter--Is in Udella's pocket realm.
Anna's Scale--Is in Jeffry's safe.

That should seam to do the work.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:10 pm

I thought George had the scale.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:11 pm

Ooops yes he do actualy I did not check my notes before writing this I wrote it as an example of how one could list things.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:32 pm

Warp I am makign the list over important items, do you remember if there was anything left of Crexia's blood and who have it is there is. Also Siege's ring that is in Jeffry's safe right?
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:35 pm

Colin's got the rest of Crexia's blood, which is to be incinerated in his furnace once he goes down there (and afterwards, he'll use the crucible to melt the silver for the swan necklace for Crexia), as well as Siege's ring. I think he put both in his little safe in his apartment, the one where he keeps his gun when it is in working order. Razz
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:21 pm

So Colin have the lich blood and Siege's ring is in his own safe, got it.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:24 am

lol, I think we illustrated why we need a list now after all these years. A few items I recall:

Narim has the locket with Teomim's hair stored somewhere
Jeffry's safe has several documents and testimonies from prisoners, we should take a moment later and sort out all of them. He also has tass from the opera singer.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:19 am

Yes Narim have the locket. And we should sort out the documents indeed. I am going through the threads and looking to make a list but that is a bit slow going but I will be getting it done.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down