Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Warpmind on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:55 am

[Cabal meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday, September 30th, 2015]
Nicole wrote:'I... don't know. Just creeps me out, it does, with those big eyes and little sharp beak...' she muttered, giving another little shudder, a little confused to why she felt like this.
Colin nodded, made a note in the margin of a page, and looked up at Jareth, "Phobias of any strength are inconvenient for the sufferer, and by their nature not particularly rational... If it gets really stressful, let me know, and I'll try to send him into the bedroom instead, or wrap the part of the meeting pertaining to you a bit quicker, alright?"

Nicole wrote:Nicole gave a nod, showing instant was fine. 'Should be okay, if I can leave here by half-past.'
He nodded, "Should be viable, though you might miss the subsequent discussions, and even the actual votes themselves."

Serge wrote:"Oh that's why he's looking at my pencil." Serge said looking back up at the tricky owl. "Don't think I could stop it if he really wanted it. Don't worry though, I got like 5 drawing utensils on me. Losing one isn't so bad."
He arched an eyebrow, "I'm more worried one of your pencils might break and leave something that looks too needle-like on the floor where Anna might find it before I do..."

Nicole wrote:'Was not told to avoid ship damage, me.' Nicole replied, firmly and bluntly. 'The portal was a perfect kill-zone, which needed either an explosive or poison for us to press forward. The biggest explosion happened 'cos the Hermetic who gave me it said okay to "drop it in" when he really meant "a drop of it in".'
He paused for maybe a second, then nodded, scrawling a few more notes in the margin, "Ah, a case of someone neglecting to tell you, then. Such things... happen. I'll not hold that against you, then. As I said, the tactical decision was sound, as the blast did clear the killzone quite... thoroughly. Hum, next time the approximate scenario comes up, you might want to consider having a few quite ordinary hand grenades available, so you know the approximate explosive yield. That's a suggestion, mind, not a criticism."

Serge wrote:"Well, I just don't really have much to say. I've met with most of you and you all seem like amazing people. I'd love to join the cabal and would do anything I could to help you guys." Serge said looking up from his notepad to look at Colin. "I've wanted to join a cabal for forever. A group of magickal friends taking care one another. Striving towards a common goal. That'd be a dream come true for young me."

((OOC: Right, right. My bad - though Colin might've remembered and looked deliberately at the wrong sleeve. Razz))

[Nicole's apartment, around 7PM, Thursday, October 1st, 2015]
Colin sighed softly, holding a small box in his hands as he knocked on Nicole's door, hoping to find her in the apartment.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:39 am

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"It matters to me, seeing as how there are some delicate...political issues that we're in the midst of dealing with, and forsee in the coming months."

Bruce just grunted at this.

Colin nodded, "Just mind the owl - he's not really supposed to have human food, but he's quick to sneak a snack when nobody's watching."

"Can he have ham? They eat meat do they not?"
Bruce said as he eyed the snacks.
"He looks as hungry as I am."

'Was not told to avoid ship damage, me.' Nicole replied, firmly and bluntly. 'The portal was a perfect kill-zone, which needed either an explosive or poison for us to press forward. The biggest explosion happened 'cos the Hermetic who gave me it said okay to "drop it in" when he really meant "a drop of it in".'

"One of Master Haagen's potions then Miss Bouchard? They have some kick to them."
Bruce commented.

"Oh that's why he's looking at my pencil." Serge said looking back up at the tricky owl. "Don't think I could stop it if he really wanted it. Don't worry though, I got like 5 drawing utensils on me. Losing one isn't so bad."

"Just put a book or bowl or something over the pencils you are not using at to moment so he can't get to them."
The artificer suggested. Jarath looked at your pencils and made a long, happy coo.

"Well, I just don't really have much to say. I've met with most of you and you all seem like amazing people. I'd love to join the cabal and would do anything I could to help you guys." Serge said looking up from his notepad to look at Colin. "I've wanted to join a cabal for forever. A group of magickal friends taking care one another. Striving towards a common goal. That'd be a dream come true for young me."

"He have proven himself eager to help and useful. However I will point out one thing guys if we are only taking one of them I think we should take the Etherite, Mr Yager while he seam to have his head a bit in the cloud he is kind, helpful and have a Mentor who is a Deacon at her Chantry plenty of Cabals will take him, a lone Etherite who rub our more conservative members the wrong way might find it harder to get someone to accept her though."
Bruce said, speaking unusually much for him.

Colin nodded, made a note in the margin of a page, and looked up at Jareth, "Phobias of any strength are inconvenient for the sufferer, and by their nature not particularly rational... If it gets really stressful, let me know, and I'll try to send him into the bedroom instead, or wrap the part of the meeting pertaining to you a bit quicker, alright?"

Jareth would likely do as you instructed if he understood that you where serious, and he might do good with getting out and stretch his wings a bit.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:18 pm

[Cabal meeting]

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "I'm more worried one of your pencils might break and leave something that looks too needle-like on the floor where Anna might find it before I do..."

"I'll keep a good grip on them." Serge promised.

"Just put a book or bowl or something over the pencils you are not using at to moment so he can't get to them."
The artificer suggested. Jarath looked at your pencils and made a long, happy coo.

"There in my pockets. They'll be fine." Serge said patting at his side jean's pockets.

"He have proven himself eager to help and useful. However I will point out one thing guys if we are only taking one of them I think we should take the Etherite, Mr Yager while he seam to have his head a bit in the cloud he is kind, helpful and have a Mentor who is a Deacon at her Chantry plenty of Cabals will take him, a lone Etherite who rub our more conservative members the wrong way might find it harder to get someone to accept her though."

Serge seemed a little sadden by this string of logic but didn't make any sort of comment and continued to draw.

(OOC: I think you forgot to reply to Serge's last post Warp.)

[Serge's Apartment]

'Paper's not likely to complain the inks' gone in the wrong depth, threaten illness if you hit a vein or be unable to erase if you slip.' Nicole stated calmly; having picked up a few things about the art from many an hour on their chairs or tables.

"True true true." Serge said. "Don't think I'd cut it in the tattoo world. I'm too fragile."

Nicole ran an eye over the room, produced a raised eyebrow, then ended with a shrug - whether she "saw no problem", "can't complain" or "don't care" was unclear.

'Yes...' she began, uncharacteristically nervous. 'I... need to ask you for a favour.'

"From me?" Serge said thinking that that was the strangest part of the request so far.

"Sure thing." he added with a cheerful smile trying to ease the Etherite's anxiety. "That sounds fun. What do you need?"
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:38 pm

[Cabal meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday, September 30th]
Anja wrote:"Can he have ham? They eat meat do they not?"
Bruce said as he eyed the snacks.
"He looks as hungry as I am."
He frowned, "The ham's cured, though - I'd worry it's too salty for him."

Serge wrote:"Well, I just don't really have much to say. I've met with most of you and you all seem like amazing people. I'd love to join the cabal and would do anything I could to help you guys." Serge said looking up from his notepad to look at Colin. "I've wanted to join a cabal for forever. A group of magickal friends taking care one another. Striving towards a common goal. That'd be a dream come true for young me."
He nodded, making a couple more notes in the margins.

Anja wrote:"He have proven himself eager to help and useful. However I will point out one thing guys if we are only taking one of them I think we should take the Etherite, Mr Yager while he seam to have his head a bit in the cloud he is kind, helpful and have a Mentor who is a Deacon at her Chantry plenty of Cabals will take him, a lone Etherite who rub our more conservative members the wrong way might find it harder to get someone to accept her though."
Serge wrote:Serge seemed a little sadden by this string of logic but didn't make any sort of comment and continued to draw.
He frowned, "This is not an either-or question; we'll vote on them independently."

((OOC: So I did... My bad.))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:31 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin's Post:

'I'm okay, as long as I'm not looking right at it.'

Colin's Post:
He nodded, "Should be viable, though you might miss the subsequent discussions, and even the actual votes themselves."

'I'll hang on as long as possible.'

Colin's Post:
He paused for maybe a second, then nodded, scrawling a few more notes in the margin, "Ah, a case of someone neglecting to tell you, then. Such things... happen. I'll not hold that against you, then. As I said, the tactical decision was sound, as the blast did clear the killzone quite... thoroughly. Hum, next time the approximate scenario comes up, you might want to consider having a few quite ordinary hand grenades available, so you know the approximate explosive yield. That's a suggestion, mind, not a criticism."

'Way ahead of you. But they're not even legal in Mississippi I don't know how to make thermite.' Nicole said, ending with a little gesture.

Anja's Post:

On hearing Bruce comment about her rubbing some people the wrong way, Nicole gave a smirk - almost as though she considered this a badge of honour or something. 'Don't take me in just from pity or nothing. Know I ain't useless, me.'

[Serge's Apartment]

Serge's Post:
"True true true." Serge said. "Don't think I'd cut it in the tattoo world. I'm too fragile."

'But it's a challenge of skill.' Nicole replied, moving into the apartment. 'Not only good inking, but a design which fits the person right and pushing the limits of the medium to the limit.'

Serge's Post:
"From me?" Serge said thinking that that was the strangest part of the request so far.

"Sure thing." he added with a cheerful smile trying to ease the Etherite's anxiety. "That sounds fun. What do you need?"

Another anxious look, then a sigh. Unbuttoned her jacket and pulled it off, revealing a tank top faded almost to white, a tattoo of Mothra poking out by the breast. Before Serge got any funny ideas, it's obvious what she wishes to show - that her right arm was a metal-plated affair up to the elbow. Something he'd not seen before. A somewhat uncomfortable look on her face, as though while she didn't want the inevitable questions, she would answer them.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:
Colin sighed softly, holding a small box in his hands as he knocked on Nicole's door, hoping to find her in the apartment.

Colin's hopes were confirmed; he could hear movement within. A loud bang, then Nicole loudly stating 'You crappy piece of shit. Deserved to be in that dumpster. Fine, stay there. I don't fucking care.' the sounds of swift movement, then the door opened. The large woman was in somewhat grubby and wrinkled athletic wear, barefoot and with a fair gash in one of the lower legs.

'Evening, Colin. What brings you here?' annoyance clearly cooling, though replaced with suspicion. Though most of the time the Etherite was suspicious, so might be her default setting.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:16 pm

[Adley, Colin, Nicole, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

Serge seemed a little sadden by this string of logic but didn't make any sort of comment and continued to draw.

Bruce gave you a sorry kid glance but he said nothing.

He frowned, "The ham's cured, though - I'd worry it's too salty for him."

"Point..."
Bruce said and he turned to glanced at Jareth.
"Sorry feather ball Colin says no."
He commented and the owl looked disappointed as if he understood what the large Orphan had just said.

He frowned, "This is not an either-or question; we'll vote on them independently."

Bruce grunted again and nodded.

'Way ahead of you. But they're not even legal in Mississippi I don't know how to make thermite.' Nicole said, ending with a little gesture.

"I can get some, I can probably make some but I have this Verditius chemist friend and they really knows their stuff."
Bruce commented.

On hearing Bruce comment about her rubbing some people the wrong way, Nicole gave a smirk - almost as though she considered this a badge of honour or something. 'Don't take me in just from pity or nothing. Know I ain't useless, me.'

"I know you are not useless Miss Bouchard, and I would not mind someone with your skills around, chances are we could assist one another."
Bruce said simply.
"I am good at making things but are better with chemicals and modifying materials than mechanical builds. I might be able to provide you with modified metals though that can make your machines more effective and you and help me make devices out of my creations."
He said and glanced at the tray of ham, cheese and crackers.
"Hey Colin can we eat or are we waiting for tea?"
He asked.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:37 pm

Colin wrote:He nodded, making a couple more notes in the margins.

Serge nervously glanced at Colin as he wrote his notes, but mainly at the motion of his hands and then glanced at his own pencil. He quickly shook his head and continued to draw, his ear open to the conversation happened in around him.

[Serge's Apartment]

Another anxious look, then a sigh. Unbuttoned her jacket and pulled it off, revealing a tank top faded almost to white, a tattoo of Mothra poking out by the breast. Before Serge got any funny ideas, it's obvious what she wishes to show - that her right arm was a metal-plated affair up to the elbow. Something he'd not seen before. A somewhat uncomfortable look on her face, as though while she didn't want the inevitable questions, she would answer them.

A confused flustered look came over Serge as Nicole began to undress which quickly turned into child-like glee as he saw what was hidden beneath her jacket.

'YES! HAH! I KNEW IT!" Serge said with joy as he leaped off the wall he was leaning against and went to have a closer look.

"Does it have any powers? Can you fire bullets from it? Lasers? Rockets? Flames?" were the first questions that came out of Serge's mouth.

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Grammar fixes)
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:39 pm

[Cabal meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Nicole wrote:'I'm okay, as long as I'm not looking right at it.'
Colin nodded, "Good. Moving on, then."

Nicole wrote:'I'll hang on as long as possible.'
He nodded.

Nicole wrote:'Way ahead of you. But they're not even legal in Mississippi I don't know how to make thermite.' Nicole said, ending with a little gesture.
He frowned, "Aluminium and rust, I believe - though I don't know the ratio. But for most encounters, I would suggest thermite grenades to be a little excessive. Besides, the stuff merely burns at a few thousand degrees Fahrenheit, rather than explode."

Nicole wrote:On hearing Bruce comment about her rubbing some people the wrong way, Nicole gave a smirk - almost as though she considered this a badge of honour or something. 'Don't take me in just from pity or nothing. Know I ain't useless, me.'
He smiled wryly, "I think what he's trying to say is that some more, hm, old-fashioned Magi might consider your personality too high a price for taking in your skills."
He glanced over at Adley, "As for this Cabal, I do believe someone commented something about 'hold my beer and watch this' as a tactical habit..."

Anja wrote:"I know you are not useless Miss Bouchard, and I would not mind someone with your skills around, chances are we could assist one another."
Bruce said simply.
"I am good at making things but are better with chemicals and modifying materials than mechanical builds. I might be able to provide you with modified metals though that can make your machines more effective and you and help me make devices out of my creations."
He asked.
He grinned as the kettle started whistling, "Do dig in. Now, how many instant coffees, how many teas? I'd recommend black tea with ginger and lemon right now, but I do have quite the range of options as far as tea goes - as is only proper."
He strolled over to the stove and prepared a cup of tea for himself, and glanced over his shoulder at the others, holding up the jar of instant Nescafé.

[Nicole's apartment, Thursday evening]
Nicole wrote:Colin's hopes were confirmed; he could hear movement within. A loud bang, then Nicole loudly stating 'You crappy piece of shit. Deserved to be in that dumpster. Fine, stay there. I don't fucking care.' the sounds of swift movement, then the door opened. The large woman was in somewhat grubby and wrinkled athletic wear, barefoot and with a fair gash in one of the lower legs.

'Evening, Colin. What brings you here?' annoyance clearly cooling, though replaced with suspicion. Though most of the time the Etherite was suspicious, so might be her default setting.
He arched an eyebrow, "I'm going to assume that was not the coffee maker that proved obstreperous..."
He shook his head, "No matter; I noticed you seem to have some skill with gunsmithing..."
He held up the box and opened it, revealing a half-dismantled, not particularly functional-looking handgun with obvious signs of decades of wear and tear, and decent maintenance over the years, "My old service sidearm made an unpleasant sound this weekend, and I was planning on bringing it to my usual gunsmith, but... could you look her over and see if you think it's worth repairing her, or if I'd be better off with a brand new handgun?"
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:02 pm

He grinned as the kettle started whistling, "Do dig in. Now, how many instant coffees, how many teas? I'd recommend black tea with ginger and lemon right now, but I do have quite the range of options as far as tea goes - as is only proper."
He strolled over to the stove and prepared a cup of tea for himself, and glanced over his shoulder at the others, holding up the jar of instant Nescafé.

"I don't really know that much about tea."
Bruce said as he balanced some ham and cheese on a cracker before eating it.
"So I will go with your recommendation Colin."
He commented as he prepared another cracker before showing it in his mouth.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:08 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja's Post:
"I can get some, I can probably make some but I have this Verditius chemist friend and they really knows their stuff."
Bruce commented.

'It's only been a few days. Plus, while it's on the wish-list not really on the top of it.' Nicole replied.

Anja's Post:
"I know you are not useless Miss Bouchard, and I would not mind someone with your skills around, chances are we could assist one another."
Bruce said simply.

'Bear that in mind, I will.' ending with a nod.

Anja's Post:
He frowned, "Aluminium and rust, I believe - though I don't know the ratio. But for most encounters, I would suggest thermite grenades to be a little excessive. Besides, the stuff merely burns at a few thousand degrees Fahrenheit, rather than explode."

'Can explode under right conditions. Question is finding it, then packaging it all up in a chuckable ball which don't threaten to explode in my webbing. I'll find it soon enough.' ending with a shrug.

Colin's Post:
He smiled wryly, "I think what he's trying to say is that some more, hm, old-fashioned Magi might consider your personality too high a price for taking in your skills."

'Well, I don't ask them ones. And most of 'em quit moaning once I've pulled their precious artefact-'prentice out of a Game Over situation.' she said dismissively.

Colin's Post:

'Just cream and sugar.'

[Serge's Apartment]

Serge's Post:
A confused flustered look came over Serge as Nicole began to undress which quickly turned into child-like glee as he saw what was hidden beneath her jacket.

'YES! HAH! I KNEW IT!" Serge said with joy as he leaped off the wall he was leaning against and went to have a closer look.

"Does it have any powers? Can you fire bullets from it? Lasers? Rockets? Flames?" were the first questions that came out of Serge's mouth.

'Shit... bad as Marcus, you are.' Nicole replied, rolling her eyes while removing the glove, revealing fingers of identical design to the forearm. 'Can do this, though...' moving the wrist, then fingers into a position impossible for an organic one.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:
He arched an eyebrow, "I'm going to assume that was not the coffee maker that proved obstreperous..."
He shook his head, "No matter; I noticed you seem to have some skill with gunsmithing..."
He held up the box and opened it, revealing a half-dismantled, not particularly functional-looking handgun with obvious signs of decades of wear and tear, and decent maintenance over the years, "My old service sidearm made an unpleasant sound this weekend, and I was planning on bringing it to my usual gunsmith, but... could you look her over and see if you think it's worth repairing her, or if I'd be better off with a brand new handgun?"

'Eh? Nah, just a storage box which shed it's load on the floor and ripped my pants.' Nicole replied, giving a shrug.

'A gun, eh? Well, better come in.' heading away from the door to let Colin enter.

[Is it the Hi-Power?]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:11 pm

'It's only been a few days. Plus, while it's on the wish-list not really on the top of it.' Nicole replied.

"Let me know if and when you want it."
The Orphan artificer said with a shrug.

'Bear that in mind, I will.' ending with a nod.

Bruce nodded at that.

'Can explode under right conditions. Question is finding it, then packaging it all up in a chuckable ball which don't threaten to explode in my webbing. I'll find it soon enough.' ending with a shrug.

"We could change the composition slightly so that the mixture will offer more yeld and be less likely to explode when it should not."
Bruce commented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:30 pm

He arched an eyebrow ever so slightly, "Ah, not fond of birds, Miss Bouchard? Hum, I'm afraid it's going to take some persuasion to move him from his comfy perch there..."
'I... don't know. Just creeps me out, it does, with those big eyes and little sharp beak...' she muttered, giving another little shudder, a little confused to why she felt like this.

He raised an eyebrow at Nicole's reaction to Jareth - he was for outward appearances, not an unusual owl.

He nodded, noting down a couple of points on a blank page, and a few doodles in the margins, "The resource management can be postponed to after we've determined who's in and who's out, to put it bluntly - no point in assigning responsibilities to someone who is not invested in our mutual upkeep. As for reservations, yes, those should be addressed during the discussion of invitations."

"True. Ah, Beatrice has given me her vote but I think it would only be fair to reserve it if there needs to be a tie broken for some reason. Although she trusts my judgement, I would not wish to be unfair by carrying a double weighted vote."

'First of all, it was to watch your backs, 'cos vampires are nasty, dangerous things.' Nicole replied firmly. 'Second, to solve an argument I had a while back back - whether vampires just look like a dead body or if they mimic someone sleeping when crashed out.' ending with a dismissive wave of the hand. 'Shit. If that's what's caused the sour face for the last week, you could have simply asked.'

"I am asking you, right now. I haven't had an overabundance of time to discuss things until now. Secondly, I'm not very impressed you wanted to watch what happened to them to settle an argument. It was a tense situation, as you said, vampires can be dangerous for us - that's why they were staked. It causes a great deal of agony for them so no, they can't 'sleep' when they have wood stuck through their heart. Having backup is always useful, but unnecessary curiosity not so much, as I said at the time, it wasn't a spectator sport. The rest of my 'sour face' as you put it is just a general response to the attitude you seem to enjoy dispensing," he said. Now that he was in a regular room, not on the battlefield, or in a tense situation it might be more obvious over time that his voice seemed to project without even seeming to make any effort - one of those people that were made for large auditoriums and not small rooms or whispered conversations.

He nodded thoughtfully, "A valid point. And part of the purpose for the meeting in the first place. Miss Bouchard thinks well on her feet. While being told to avoid hurting the ship, and then throwing in an oversized jury-rigged fragmentation grenade might not be the best strategic decision, I will not deny that it was a most efficient and ultimately successful tactical judgment call. It was, however, very fortunate that I was able to help the Handler, hm, siphon off some of the pain the ship felt at the blast; otherwise, the situation might have turned sour with a giant polyp in a blind rage..." He glanced directly at Nicole's left arm, "That said, from what I've seen, she does appear solid and dependable, and with... some interesting tricks up her sleeve. No need to get into specifics beyond that, though."

"Pardon? If you don't mind, I would like to know who is going to be in the cabal, and what they are capable of; we've had enough surprises don't you think?"

Was not told to avoid ship damage, me.' Nicole replied, firmly and bluntly. 'The portal was a perfect kill-zone, which needed either an explosive or poison for us to press forward. The biggest explosion happened 'cos the Hermetic who gave me it said okay to "drop it in" when he really meant "a drop of it in".'

"That is an important distinction."

"One of Master Haagen's potions then Miss Bouchard? They have some kick to them."
Bruce commented.

'I'm glad that your group didn't blow themselves up..." He wasn't convinced that it was the Master alchemist that had said it wrong, or that she had heard it wrong, but either way it was understandable that there had been a misunderstanding but it was just the sort of one that could get everyone killed. Thankfully no one died that were their allies.

He glanced over at Serge, "You've not said anything yet, Mr. Yager, just drawn a very good portrait of Jareth. No observations or opinions you would care to share? Keep in mind, this is not a reality show where people are voted out and the last remaining contestant wins a seat, we'll consider you on your own merits individually."
"Well, I just don't really have much to say. I've met with most of you and you all seem like amazing people. I'd love to join the cabal and would do anything I could to help you guys." Serge said looking up from his notepad to look at Colin. "I've wanted to join a cabal for forever. A group of magickal friends taking care one another. Striving towards a common goal. That'd be a dream come true for young me."
Bruce said simply.

"I would add that if Mr Yager or Ms Bouchard or anyone else should wish to change their cabal at some point in the future, it's not a permanent manifest that can never be changed. Yes, Mr Yager is young and somewhat...how to put this, Mr Yager, from what I have seen, you seem innocent in a lot of ways and that is charming and refreshing. You learn things. You remind me of my freshman students that come in bright and busy tailed and eyes wide with wonder before they glaze over with the realisation that life takes work. But also, it is something that may cause you grief because some people would want to prey on you, seeing you as naive. I don't think we can provide for you that perfect life that you envision in your drawings, but something else, that is more real that has roots in the dirt. Some of the things we will deal with may be hard for you, and for us. I know that we could use someone with skills in ars mens to protect us from some of the spells that would be used against us, as they were in the last battles and I hope that we could be of equal use to you when things are challenging for you.

"I never said she was useless, she is excellent in a fight as long as the directives are clear, a very precise shot as well and strong. As for Ms Bouchard's ability to rub people the wrong way, it's not just conservatives - she is probably very good at fixing things and we could use someone to work on the shuttle. But if her attitude doesn't change, and she lands us in deeper shit, then we're the ones that will be shoveling it right along with her. That, and I will simply just be giving it back when I get it, which is fine with me. I just don't need any more fire to put out than we've already got lit." Seeing the Etherite's smirk, he tilted his head and glanced at her, "I could provide basic etiquette lessons - my brother and other new members could benefit from a working knowledge of such as well. That way you can better choose who to needle and know who will happily have your avatar stamped with a brand for giving them lip."

// blech sorry I've been sick for a few days and came home and basically just went to bed asap after work
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:59 pm

Bruce was busy showing another cracker full of ham into his mouth then she coughed and spoke.
"So Bee gave you her vote eh, yeah I have heard that Hermetics and Verbena do that sort of things."
He said.
"As for the vampires I can see how it is a concern, I mean I have no relationship with the critters what so ever but first of all from what I heard the situation was indeed tense and if our guests had been spooked then there could be more trouble and besides if I where to be hurt in some way, Branded or you know something I would not have liked to be watched just for someone's amusement there is well it is sort of robbing them of their human worth and I get it, that is not cool. I mean what if it was Bee, I mean with what she is we might be ordered to restrain her, many will be afraid of her since she is a widderslainte, what if we had to use painful methods to do so and she would not like to be gawked at then and I would not like her to be gawked at in such a situation."
Bruce said then the coughed again, not used to speak so much.
"If Miss Bouchard where just some sadistic ahole that did not care any for the suffering of others I could understand Adley's reservations but she have not behaved like that with anyone else. I mean I spoke to Henrietta's new apprentice, Miss Sinclair, and she have nothing but well to say about Miss Bouchard, saying that in the Labyrinth where she could have hurt her she bound her in way that did not cause additional pain. I think perhaps that our candidate here have a issue with vampires, and we all have our own issues, so we don't send her if we need to have dealings with the bloodsuckers, there is plenty of other things she can do."
The Orphan said before eating some more.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:05 pm

Colin wrote:He grinned as the kettle started whistling, "Do dig in. Now, how many instant coffees, how many teas? I'd recommend black tea with ginger and lemon right now, but I do have quite the range of options as far as tea goes - as is only proper."

"I'm good thanks. I had a large breakfast." Serge said politely, trying to keep it hidden from the British cabal leader that he hated both options.

Adley wrote:"I would add that if Mr Yager or Ms Bouchard or anyone else should wish to change their cabal at some point in the future, it's not a permanent manifest that can never be changed. Yes, Mr Yager is young and somewhat...how to put this, Mr Yager, from what I have seen, you seem innocent in a lot of ways and that is charming and refreshing. You learn things. You remind me of my freshman students that come in bright and busy tailed and eyes wide with wonder before they glaze over with the realisation that life takes work. But also, it is something that may cause you grief because some people would want to prey on you, seeing you as naive. I don't think we can provide for you that perfect life that you envision in your drawings, but something else, that is more real that has roots in the dirt. Some of the things we will deal with may be hard for you, and for us. I know that we could use someone with skills in ars mens to protect us from some of the spells that would be used against us, as they were in the last battles and I hope that we could be of equal use to you when things are challenging for you.

Serge nodded and said, "I understand sir. I know I may seem innocent on the surface, but I've seen my fair share of grief in the world. It's hard not to when you study the magick I do. I may have seen closer than many of you think. Well....Dr. Lee would probably know."

His drawing slowed as he said that, as if remembering something before shaking his head and putting a smile on his face. "But I'm willing to try. I know some of the things may be hard for me to deal with, but I won't learn to deal with them unless I experience them first. This will be the first time in my entire mage life that my mentor won't be by my side. The first time I'll have to experience real life without her. I'd like some help adjusting to that."

[Serge's Room]

'Shit... bad as Marcus, you are.' Nicole replied, rolling her eyes while removing the glove, revealing fingers of identical design to the forearm. 'Can do this, though...' moving the wrist, then fingers into a position impossible for an organic one.

"Fuck that's freaky..." Serge said with a grin on his face as he leaned in closer.

"So it can't do any of the above? Man....how about a flashlight? Does it have one of those? Or a straight up phone? Can you call people all secret agent style?" he said placing his wrist close to his mouth to mimic the secret agent trope of wrist comms.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:36 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja's Post:
"We could change the composition slightly so that the mixture will offer more yeld and be less likely to explode when it should not."
Bruce commented.

'Yeah, what I was thinking. Simply not had the time to work on it yet.'

Adley's Post:

"I am asking you, right now. I haven't had an overabundance of time to discuss things until now. Secondly, I'm not very impressed you wanted to watch what happened to them to settle an argument. It was a tense situation, as you said, vampires can be dangerous for us - that's why they were staked. It causes a great deal of agony for them so no, they can't 'sleep' when they have wood stuck through their heart. Having backup is always useful, but unnecessary curiosity not so much, as I said at the time, it wasn't a spectator sport. The rest of my 'sour face' as you put it is just a general response to the attitude you seem to enjoy dispensing," he said. Now that he was in a regular room, not on the battlefield, or in a tense situation it might be more obvious over time that his voice seemed to project without even seeming to make any effort - one of those people that were made for large auditoriums and not small rooms or whispered conversations.

'No harm was done - all I did was watch from the hallway.' Nicole replied mulishly. 'Make it sound like I was standing right over 'em, taking photos and prodding with a stick. Quit tagging a pimple as a mountain.'

Adley's Post:

"I never said she was useless, she is excellent in a fight as long as the directives are clear, a very precise shot as well and strong. As for Ms Bouchard's ability to rub people the wrong way, it's not just conservatives - she is probably very good at fixing things and we could use someone to work on the shuttle. But if her attitude doesn't change, and she lands us in deeper shit, then we're the ones that will be shoveling it right along with her. That, and I will simply just be giving it back when I get it, which is fine with me. I just don't need any more fire to put out than we've already got lit." Seeing the Etherite's smirk, he tilted his head and glanced at her, "I could provide basic etiquette lessons - my brother and other new members could benefit from a working knowledge of such as well. That way you can better choose who to needle and know who will happily have your avatar stamped with a brand for giving them lip."

'Not considered your attitude could land us in shit?' Nicole shot back, firmly but not angrily. ''Cos the "arrogant teach" act you're doing now rubs too, if you didn't notice. Anyway, I rub some simply by existing. Can't be helped.' giving a little shrug.

'You want a good reason for me being here? Here it is: I am not you. I think different, do things different and mix with different folks, I do. This means when we've gotta get something done we avoid groupthink and believe it or not, but there's some people out there who'd respond better to me asking questions than you.'

[Serge's Apartment]

Serge's Post:
"Fuck that's freaky..." Serge said with a grin on his face as he leaned in closer.

"So it can't do any of the above? Man....how about a flashlight? Does it have one of those? Or a straight up phone? Can you call people all secret agent style?" he said placing his wrist close to his mouth to mimic the secret agent trope of wrist comms.

'Erm... no. Anyway, cells can be hacked. Why the hell would I want something in me which could do that?' Nicole replied, a little bemused by the tangent Serge had taken.

'Anyways, I didn't come here for a show-and-tell.' she continued, turning back to her jacket, allowing him to see the top half of her back tattoo. 'It's this.' holding out a flesh-coloured, slightly rubbery thing around the size of a folded long sock.

[Being sick sucks.]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:54 pm

Bruce was busy showing another cracker full of ham into his mouth then she coughed and spoke.
"So Bee gave you her vote eh, yeah I have heard that Hermetics and Verbena do that sort of things."
He said

He shrugged. "They do when they are us, what can I say?"

"As for the vampires I can see how it is a concern, I mean I have no relationship with the critters what so ever but first of all from what I heard the situation was indeed tense and if our guests had been spooked then there could be more trouble and besides if I where to be hurt in some way, Branded or you know something I would not have liked to be watched just for someone's amusement there is well it is sort of robbing them of their human worth and I get it, that is not cool. I mean what if it was Bee, I mean with what she is we might be ordered to restrain her, many will be afraid of her since she is a widderslainte, what if we had to use painful methods to do so and she would not like to be gawked at then and I would not like her to be gawked at in such a situation."

"That's one of my concerns, yes."

"If Miss Bouchard where just some sadistic ahole that did not care any for the suffering of others I could understand Adley's reservations but she have not behaved like that with anyone else. I mean I spoke to Henrietta's new apprentice, Miss Sinclair, and she have nothing but well to say about Miss Bouchard, saying that in the Labyrinth where she could have hurt her she bound her in way that did not cause additional pain. I think perhaps that our candidate here have a issue with vampires, and we all have our own issues, so we don't send her if we need to have dealings with the bloodsuckers, there is plenty of other things she can do."

"I never said she was sadistic," he said, then asked Nicole, "Do you have problems with vampires? Other than the usual ones, that they're sometimes quite dangerous beings?"

'No harm was done - all I did was watch from the hallway.' Nicole replied mulishly. 'Make it sound like I was standing right over 'em, taking photos and prodding with a stick. Quit tagging a pimple as a mountain.'

"First you complain I didn't ask you about it, then when I do ask you about it, you complain that I'm trying to make a big deal out of it. It's something I noticed happen, and it struck me since it was a very tense situation."

'Not considered your attitude could land us in shit?' Nicole shot back, firmly but not angrily. ''Cos the "arrogant teach" act you're doing now rubs too, if you didn't notice. Anyway, I rub some simply by existing. Can't be helped.' giving a little shrug.

"First of all, how do you know I haven't considered that? Second, I /am/ a teacher. I'm not arrogant, though you seem to want to paint me as being arrogant. I know things, but that doesn't mean I think I know everything. I certainly don't, because if I did it would solve a lot of very important mysteries." He sighed. "I don't know you or who vouches for you, so I'm formal with you as I would be with another person I don't know from a hole in the wall that I might be working with for some duration."

'You want a good reason for me being here? Here it is: I am not you. I think different, do things different and mix with different folks, I do. This means when we've gotta get something done we avoid groupthink and believe it or not, but there's some people out there who'd respond better to me asking questions than you.'

"Why are you assuming that I don't think you might be good at things? I've noted several things that I've seen you be good at and I'm sure there are others. I don't expect to be able to talk about how to fix an aethership to another mechanic like you probably could. But we're up to our elbows in political issues, some of those dealing with older and more powerful or connected magi as it is, and I'm concerned that they would not appreciate your attitude and it could land us and you in deep shit." He shook his head.

Serge nodded and said, "I understand sir. I know I may seem innocent on the surface, but I've seen my fair share of grief in the world. It's hard not to when you study the magick I do. I may have seen closer than many of you think. Well....Dr. Lee would probably know."

"That's true."

His drawing slowed as he said that, as if remembering something before shaking his head and putting a smile on his face. "But I'm willing to try. I know some of the things may be hard for me to deal with, but I won't learn to deal with them unless I experience them first. This will be the first time in my entire mage life that my mentor won't be by my side. The first time I'll have to experience real life without her. I'd like some help adjusting to that."

"Sounds good, then."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:18 pm

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
S7trif3 wrote:"True. Ah, Beatrice has given me her vote but I think it would only be fair to reserve it if there needs to be a tie broken for some reason. Although she trusts my judgement, I would not wish to be unfair by carrying a double weighted vote."
Anja wrote:Bruce was busy showing another cracker full of ham into his mouth then she coughed and spoke.
He said.
Colin nodded, "Good to know in advance."

Anja wrote:"As for the vampires I can see how it is a concern, I mean I have no relationship with the critters what so ever but first of all from what I heard the situation was indeed tense and if our guests had been spooked then there could be more trouble and besides if I where to be hurt in some way, Branded or you know something I would not have liked to be watched just for someone's amusement there is well it is sort of robbing them of their human worth and I get it, that is not cool. I mean what if it was Bee, I mean with what she is we might be ordered to restrain her, many will be afraid of her since she is a widderslainte, what if we had to use painful methods to do so and she would not like to be gawked at then and I would not like her to be gawked at in such a situation."
Bruce said then the coughed again, not used to speak so much.
"I never said she was sadistic," he said, then asked Nicole, "Do you have problems with vampires? Other than the usual ones, that they're sometimes quite dangerous beings?"
He made a few more notes, face expressionless.

"Pardon? If you don't mind, I would like to know who is going to be in the cabal, and what they are capable of; we've had enough surprises don't you think?"
He looked up at Adley, nodding thoughtfully, "I did get some sense of her capabilities during the battle... I suspect part of the nature of her capabilities are... personally sensitive, mainly increased physical ability comparable to that of Dr. Lee. Unless she is ready and willing to share, I am not going to force the issue for now."
He looked up at Nicole, "Is my guess fairly accurate in that regard?"

Nicole wrote:'Can explode under right conditions. Question is finding it, then packaging it all up in a chuckable ball which don't threaten to explode in my webbing. I'll find it soon enough.' ending with a shrug.
Anja wrote:"We could change the composition slightly so that the mixture will offer more yeld and be less likely to explode when it should not."
Bruce commented.
He frowned, "I would still recommend using an actual explosive over an incendiary for explosive work... Thermite can be tricky to control; you might fare better with some plastique charges."

"I would add that if Mr Yager or Ms Bouchard or anyone else should wish to change their cabal at some point in the future, it's not a permanent manifest that can never be changed. Yes, Mr Yager is young and somewhat...how to put this, Mr Yager, from what I have seen, you seem innocent in a lot of ways and that is charming and refreshing. You learn things. You remind me of my freshman students that come in bright and busy tailed and eyes wide with wonder before they glaze over with the realisation that life takes work. But also, it is something that may cause you grief because some people would want to prey on you, seeing you as naive. I don't think we can provide for you that perfect life that you envision in your drawings, but something else, that is more real that has roots in the dirt. Some of the things we will deal with may be hard for you, and for us. I know that we could use someone with skills in ars mens to protect us from some of the spells that would be used against us, as they were in the last battles and I hope that we could be of equal use to you when things are challenging for you.

He smiled thinly and made a few notes on two of the pages, nodding thoughtfully, "Sounds like we have a volunteer for running Remedial Etiquette 101, then. We'll work out a schedule soon enough, I expect."

He made another note, "Quite, Mr. Yager does have a certain youthful enthusiasm, but I think perhaps he hides a bit more maturity than even he realizes... He certainly has a well-developed sense of empathy."

Nicole wrote:'Not considered your attitude could land us in shit?' Nicole shot back, firmly but not angrily. ''Cos the "arrogant teach" act you're doing now rubs too, if you didn't notice. Anyway, I rub some simply by existing. Can't be helped.' giving a little shrug.

S7trif3 wrote:"First of all, how do you know I haven't considered that? Second, I /am/ a teacher. I'm not arrogant, though you seem to want to paint me as being arrogant. I know things, but that doesn't mean I think I know everything. I certainly don't, because if I did it would solve a lot of very important mysteries." He sighed. "I don't know you or who vouches for you, so I'm formal with you as I would be with another person I don't know from a hole in the wall that I might be working with for some duration."
S7trif3 wrote:"Why are you assuming that I don't think you might be good at things? I've noted several things that I've seen you be good at and I'm sure there are others. I don't expect to be able to talk about how to fix an aethership to another mechanic like you probably could. But we're up to our elbows in political issues, some of those dealing with older and more powerful or connected magi as it is, and I'm concerned that they would not appreciate your attitude and it could land us and you in deep shit." He shook his head.
He looked between Nicole and Adley with a blank expression, only a bit of amusement glittering in his eyes, and made another note.

Nicole wrote:'Well, I don't ask them ones. And most of 'em quit moaning once I've pulled their precious artefact-'prentice out of a Game Over situation.' she said dismissively.
He smiled wryly, "Certainly a way to end the discussion."

Anja wrote:"I don't really know that much about tea."
Bruce said as he balanced some ham and cheese on a cracker before eating it.
"So I will go with your recommendation Colin."
He commented as he prepared another cracker before showing it in his mouth.
Nicole wrote:'Just cream and sugar.'
Serge wrote:"I'm good thanks. I had a large breakfast." Serge said politely, trying to keep it hidden from the British cabal leader that he hated both options.
He nodded and sorted out tea and coffee, and passed the hot cups around the table, "Here we are - enjoy."

((OOC: Ah, Nicole and Adley. Gasoline, meet fire. Wink ))

[Nicole's apartment, 7PM Thursday, October 1st]
'Eh? Nah, just a storage box which shed it's load on the floor and ripped my pants.' Nicole replied, giving a shrug.

'A gun, eh? Well, better come in.' heading away from the door to let Colin enter.
He nodded and followed her inside, giving the interior decor a quick once-over, "Thank you... It's my old service weapon, Browning Hi-Power Mark III, manufactured in 1987. It's seen a fair bit of use since I got it, and I'm worried it's fired its last shot..."

((OOC: Yeah, it's the Hi-Power - but I guess that was obvious from the IC comment, too. Wink ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:31 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin wrote:He made another note, "Quite, Mr. Yager does have a certain youthful enthusiasm, but I think perhaps he hides a bit more maturity than even he realizes... He certainly has a well-developed sense of empathy."

Serge smiled at the compliment and leaned back in his chair, watching the heated conversation unfold between Nicole and Adley.

[Serge's Apartment]

'Erm... no. Anyway, cells can be hacked. Why the hell would I want something in me which could do that?' Nicole replied, a little bemused by the tangent Serge had taken.

'Anyways, I didn't come here for a show-and-tell.' she continued, turning back to her jacket, allowing him to see the top half of her back tattoo. 'It's this.' holding out a flesh-coloured, slightly rubbery thing around the size of a folded long sock.

"It'd be cool." Serge said with a shrug with a tone that indicated that was his only requirement. He eyed the tattoo on Nicole's back with interest but turned his attention to the strange flesh-colored thing when it was brought out.

"And what's that suppose to be?" he asked with a slightly disgusted look on his face.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:45 pm

'Yeah, what I was thinking. Simply not had the time to work on it yet.'

Bruce nodded and grunted.

He shrugged. "They do when they are us, what can I say?"

Another grunt at that.

"That's one of my concerns, yes."

Your Cabalmate simply nodded.

[quote][He frowned, "I would still recommend using an actual explosive over an incendiary for explosive work... Thermite can be tricky to control; you might fare better with some plastique charges."/quote]

"Advanced science can change the properties of a material making it more explosive and less dangerous to use but I guess we could do it simply and use plastic explosives."
Bruce commented and shrugged.

He nodded and sorted out tea and coffee, and passed the hot cups around the table, "Here we are - enjoy."

"Thank Colin."
Bruce said and he accepted the cup you handed him and sipped it and gave an approving grunt.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:05 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Adley's Post:

"First you complain I didn't ask you about it, then when I do ask you about it, you complain that I'm trying to make a big deal out of it. It's something I noticed happen, and it struck me since it was a very tense situation."

'No, I complained that you'd been going around for days like somebody had buried a cap in your behind without actually saying why, then about drawing a picture which ain't true.'

'What, do I have problems with a bunch of sun-dodgers who treat people as nothing more than dinner and love playing with their food?' Nicole said sarcastically. 'Well, sor-ry if I for some odd reason think that's wrong.'

Adley's Post:
"First of all, how do you know I haven't considered that? Second, I /am/ a teacher. I'm not arrogant, though you seem to want to paint me as being arrogant. I know things, but that doesn't mean I think I know everything. I certainly don't, because if I did it would solve a lot of very important mysteries." He sighed. "I don't know you or who vouches for you, so I'm formal with you as I would be with another person I don't know from a hole in the wall that I might be working with for some duration."

A short silence. 'Fair point.' pushing herself off the wall and moving towards Serge. 'Can I have a pencil and bit of paper?'

Adley's Post:
"Why are you assuming that I don't think you might be good at things? I've noted several things that I've seen you be good at and I'm sure there are others. I don't expect to be able to talk about how to fix an aethership to another mechanic like you probably could. But we're up to our elbows in political issues, some of those dealing with older and more powerful or connected magi as it is, and I'm concerned that they would not appreciate your attitude and it could land us and you in deep shit." He shook his head.

'You think I'm an idiot? Really? That I don't know where the lines are? We gonna have a little lecture on "societal norms" like why I shouldn't take a dump in a Master's office or sacrifice their pet to the Old Ones?'

Colin's Post:
He looked up at Adley, nodding thoughtfully, "I did get some sense of her capabilities during the battle... I suspect part of the nature of her capabilities are... personally sensitive, mainly increased physical ability comparable to that of Dr. Lee. Unless she is ready and willing to share, I am not going to force the issue for now."
He looked up at Nicole, "Is my guess fairly accurate in that regard?"

'I'm a gal who happens to wear a glove and can handle action. Which you already know. I'm also not bad in losing tails, meeting folk who'd just rob you and generally being rather hard to keep down when kicked.' looking at Adley directly.

Colin's Post:
He frowned, "I would still recommend using an actual explosive over an incendiary for explosive work... Thermite can be tricky to control; you might fare better with some plastique charges."

Anja's Post:
"Advanced science can change the properties of a material making it more explosive and less dangerous to use but I guess we could do it simply and use plastic explosives."

'Yeah, but then you get Feds crawling up your ass. Plus; detector shit don't check for thermite.'

Colin's Post:
He smiled thinly and made a few notes on two of the pages, nodding thoughtfully, "Sounds like we have a volunteer for running Remedial Etiquette 101, then. We'll work out a schedule soon enough, I expect."

'Can't. Going to the spa with the girls that day.' Nicole replied, a blatant lie and intended to be.

Colin's Post:

'Thanks'. giving a nod and taking the cup.

[He started it! *sulky face*]

[Serge's Apartment]

Serge's Post:
"And what's that suppose to be?" he asked with a slightly disgusted look on his face.

Nicole said nothing, but shook it out and began to put her artificial hand into it. Within ten seconds, it will become obvious that it was a covering to conceal the plates. The colour matched her skin, but couldn't pass as it.

'Go on, touch my palm'. she said, thrusting it out to Serge. He'll find the padding made it feel "fleshy enough" to avoid alarm-bells.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:
He nodded and followed her inside, giving the interior decor a quick once-over, "Thank you... It's my old service weapon, Browning Hi-Power Mark III, manufactured in 1987. It's seen a fair bit of use since I got it, and I'm worried it's fired its last shot..."

From the looks of it, either Nicole didn't have much stuff or hadn't had it delivered yet; the main room was rather empty. Perhaps a car-load of boxes, crates and bags in seemingly random locations, a large old-fashioned weapon box in the middle of the room for some reason. The source of Nicole's ire was clear; a plastic crate had given out on one end, showering the floor with tools, screws, washers and other general "tool-like" items.

Some things had been unpacked, but in a haphazard manner, perhaps at the "when I need it" level. Wasn't at the "filthy" stage yet, but would get there soon; small mounds of old food packaging, dirty washing and miscellaneous items were starting to build up. Enough for some people to be ashamed or make excuses, but the large woman apparently had none and offered none respectively.

'Take a seat.' she said absent-mindedly, gesturing to the couch, one side containing a pair of roller-blades, several magazines and clothing. 'You want a beer? Soda?'

[And Serge thought his place was bad... *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:37 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Nicole wrote:A short silence. 'Fair point.' pushing herself off the wall and moving towards Serge. 'Can I have a pencil and bit of paper?'

"Sure thing." Serge said as he ripped off a page out of the notepad and fished out a superman themed pencil from his jeans. He passed both to the Etherite keeping a careful eye on Jareth to make sure he didn't swoop in and take it.

[Serge's Apartment]

Nicole said nothing, but shook it out and began to put her artificial hand into it. Within ten seconds, it will become obvious that it was a covering to conceal the plates. The colour matched her skin, but couldn't pass as it.

'Go on, touch my palm'. she said, thrusting it out to Serge. He'll find the padding made it feel "fleshy enough" to avoid alarm-bells.

Serge did as told and an impressed look fell upon his face. "Oh, it's like synthetic skin or something. To hide your robo-arm. Neat. Although I can't say it does a very good job." he said as he quickly glanced from the false skin to the real one and back again, looking for differences between the two with trained eyes. "Although that's probably cause I know it's fake and I'm a sucker for details."

(OOC: How about we say we're tied? We're both freakishly messy  Razz)
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:28 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Serge's Post:
"Sure thing." Serge said as he ripped off a page out of the notepad and fished out a superman themed pencil from his jeans. He passed both to the Etherite keeping a careful eye on Jareth to make sure he didn't swwop in and take it.

'Thanks.' Nicole said, taking them and leaning over the table. 'Perhaps I should ask you for fricking references too...' she muttered darkly, writing something. Then she straightened out and shoved the paper towards Adley. In rather shoddy script it read:

'Adept Dmitry Smirnov, House Thig. Dry Dock Laboratory, Detroit.'

'There. Enjoy my file.' she quipped sarcastically, giving Serge back his pencil.

[Serge's Apartment]

Serge's Post:
Serge did as told and an impressed look fell upon his face. "Oh, it's like synthetic skin or something. To hide your robo-arm. Neat. Although I can't say it does a very good job." he said as he quickly glanced from the false skin to the real one and back again, looking for differences between the two with trained eyes. "Although that's probably cause I know it's fake and I'm a sucker for details."

'No, it doesn't. Mainly 'cos it doesn't look like the other arm.' Nicole replied, holding them together for comparison. The left, sporting heavy ink from armpit and now to fingertips, and the right - the same pattern on the upper arm, but naturally halting just before the elbow.
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:21 am

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Nicole wrote:'No, I complained that you'd been going around for days like somebody had buried a cap in your behind without actually saying why, then about drawing a picture which ain't true.'

'What, do I have problems with a bunch of sun-dodgers who treat people as nothing more than dinner and love playing with their food?' Nicole said sarcastically. 'Well, sor-ry if I for some odd reason think that's wrong.'
Colin hesitated for a moment at the description of vampires, then made another marginal note, "Now, Miss Bouchard, there are as many kinds of vampires as there are kinds of people, I should say - while they certainly qualify as an apex predator as such, they do forge all sorts of bonds with humans, not actually centered on the food chain... but that is perhaps a matter for another discussion."

Anja wrote:"Advanced science can change the properties of a material making it more explosive and less dangerous to use but I guess we could do it simply and use plastic explosives."
Nicole wrote:'Yeah, but then you get Feds crawling up your ass. Plus; detector shit don't check for thermite.'
He pondered, "Hum, this is a valid point... Still, Thermite is pretty hard to put out once it's ignited, so my concerns over using incendiaries for blasts remains... However, if you are interested, I could show you a method of detonating Tass directly, which would be a viable method of creating explosions without triggering most mundane detectors. But, a topic for later."

Nicole wrote:'You think I'm an idiot? Really? That I don't know where the lines are? We gonna have a little lecture on "societal norms" like why I shouldn't take a dump in a Master's office or sacrifice their pet to the Old Ones?'
Nicole wrote:'Can't. Going to the spa with the girls that day.' Nicole replied, a blatant lie and intended to be.
He chuckled softly, "I believe we can manage to schedule around your... spa days. And I do believe getting into the subject of defecation in others' offices or pet sacrifices is a bit excessive - though a refresher on the proper forms of address to various senior Magi might be useful. You might not want to offhandedly express love and affection for a Hermetic of House Tytalus in public, for example; might give people the wrong idea..."

[Nicole's apartment, 7PM Thursday, October 1st]
From the looks of it, either Nicole didn't have much stuff or hadn't had it delivered yet; the main room was rather empty. Perhaps a car-load of boxes, crates and bags in seemingly random locations, a large old-fashioned weapon box in the middle of the room for some reason. The source of Nicole's ire was clear; a plastic crate had given out on one end, showering the floor with tools, screws, washers and other general "tool-like" items.

Some things had been unpacked, but in a haphazard manner, perhaps at the "when I need it" level. Wasn't at the "filthy" stage yet, but would get there soon; small mounds of old food packaging, dirty washing and miscellaneous items were starting to build up. Enough for some people to be ashamed or make excuses, but the large woman apparently had none and offered none respectively.

'Take a seat.' she said absent-mindedly, gesturing to the couch, one side containing a pair of roller-blades, several magazines and clothing. 'You want a beer? Soda?'
He carefully maneuvered over to the couch and scooped up the magazines and put them on the table next to his box, "Thank you... Hum, Car and Driver, Motor Trend, Autoweek, Inked Girls and Swank... all a couple of months or so old. You helped yourself to the break room literature at the workshop you sought employment with, I take it?"
He grinned, "And thanks, but no thanks - I'm taking Freddy and Anna out tonight, so that would not be particularly beneficial. In any case, I mainly came by for your opinion on my trusty old companion - I've used it for over 25 years, so it would not be too unexpected if it was past viable repairability..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:21 am

[Serge's Apartment]

'No, it doesn't. Mainly 'cos it doesn't look like the other arm.' Nicole replied, holding them together for comparison. The left, sporting heavy ink from armpit and now to fingertips, and the right - the same pattern on the upper arm, but naturally halting just before the elbow.

"That's true. Although not everyone favor's symmetry." Serge said with a shrug. "Maybe your one of those symbolic people. And the asymmetry in your tattoos represent some kind of tragic unbalance in your life. I would certainly believe that."

Serge chuckled at the thought before saying, "So what's the favour? Do you want me to copy your tattoos onto the synthetic skin?"
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:29 am

[Serge's Apartment]

Serge's Post:
"That's true. Although not everyone favor's symmetry." Serge said with a shrug. "Maybe your one of those symbolic people. And the asymmetry in your tattoos represent some kind of tragic unbalance in your life. I would certainly believe that."

Serge chuckled at the thought before saying, "So what's the favour? Do you want me to copy your tattoos onto the synthetic skin?"

Nicole nodded to Serge's question. 'I got this-' raising her left arm for a moment '-as a cover, for several shit inks I got when I were your age. Which is why it has so much blackwork. So, was thinking... why can't ink be used again as cover - this case, 'cos the skin's fake? After all, you notice the patterns way before the skin itself. It's why I got my hand done, and with lots more blackwork.'

'At very least, it'll be less obvious... it's doing my head in, having to constantly check my sleeve's not ridden up and that. Plus... I remember what you did with that rat-changer a few days back... is it possible for you to do something so folk see the ink, the skin-colour bits and simply accept it's real?'

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:
He carefully maneuvered over to the couch and scooped up the magazines and put them on the table next to his box, "Thank you... Hum, Car and Driver, Motor Trend, Autoweek, Inked Girls and Swank... all a couple of months or so old. You helped yourself to the break room literature at the workshop you sought employment with, I take it?" And grinned.

'Inked ain't porn... well, not what most call porn.' Nicole replied, moving over to take the box. While there was several car and tattoo magazines in the pile, there was several handbills extorting trade union membership, a subtly-named Worker's World and another bearing a photo of the new Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn on the cover for some reason.

Colin's Post:
"And thanks, but no thanks - I'm taking Freddy and Anna out tonight, so that would not be particularly beneficial. In any case, I mainly came by for your opinion on my trusty old companion - I've used it for over 25 years, so it would not be too unexpected if it was past viable repairability..."

'I did offer soda.' she continued, sitting down cross-legged in a clear spot on the floor and flipping the box open. 'Well, eighty-seven the manufacture date, you don't know how long it had been in stores... plus that's just the frame...' taking the pistol out of the box and immediately following the correct method to ensure it was unloaded '-my Mosin says "1899" on it, but most of the parts ain't true.'

[Am allowing Strife to reply before continuing Cabal Meeting]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next