Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 15 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:32 pm

[Adley, Colin, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

Colin smiled, "You will get to meet her in person soon enough. And yes, she is."

"I am looking forward to it."
Bruce said and smiled.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Considering getting everyone else adequately vaccinated is quite literally a question of life and death for Anna, I do believe I shall give the idea of challenging Miss Rozzo to a duel some serious consideration. I believe Madame Gottschalk's objections will not pose a problem; I might be able to convince her to permit a few vaccines on top of the European program, to account for strains more widespread in New England, it would be a miniscule increase at most. Miss Rozzo's misinformation needs to be silenced, though."

"I doubt Miss Rozzo will refuse a challenge for a duel, to do so would be to loose face, only Duel Thanathos can be refused without admitting loss, the question is finding the right method to duel. Adeptus Majora Gottschalk might be persuaded, if Jane agrees, she is a stern Mentor but I doubt she will be willing to force the girl, then again Jane have been hanging around Richard quite a bit lately, telling everyone she want to be a doctor when she grows up so she might be persuaded. Master Haagen might be a harder sell, Cava was sort of just placed with him, bought as a gift in order for us to be able to get her blood, he have not had time to get the kid to trust him and he will be concerned about scaring her."
Bruce said and nodded.
"Which is a valid concern and now with Miss Rozzo's preaching he might refuse both of his apprentices to get protected, Arn after all while adult is still under his care as his apprentice."

He nodded, "Right, I will have a few words with Master Steelhaven, Chief Morgan and Master Nassa, at least... Master Sharaya is probably quite on board with vaccinations as it is, and Master O'Connor... views things a little differently, and can't be vaccinated with the normal equipment in any case..."

"Actually Master O'Connor have agreed or so I would think as Richard asked me to turn some of the needed equipment to silver for him, there would be few other reasons to ask such a favor, what she think about it though is hard to say. Master Sharaya are probably on board with getting the Chantry members vaccinated but the older Deacons, now that might be a harder sell."
The Artificer said and sigh.

He nodded, "I'll set a couple aside - I think I have three different designs in right now, unless one has been sold."

"Wonderful thank you, my mother said she had gotten a new coat, pale brown wool, so amethyst might look good on that, I will drop by later in the day and pic one out."
Bruce said and nodded.

[Nicole, Bruce and Colin] (Abandoned junkyard.)

He frowned, glancing around, "The chap sleeping in the car there can probably sense things, perhaps get a few useful insights from time to time, but little more than that. There's something stagnant and decaying in the pile over there - perhaps the Genius Loci of the junkyard. There is a number of smaller spirits of rust and decay scampering around like raccoons, and that does seem to be about it. Well, except for us, and Bruce over by the forge, of course."
He fished out his pen and notebook, "But of course, I won't make you say something like that out loud if you fear being overheard... not when there are other ways to share information."
He quickly scribbled down a short list, 'Shapeshifters? Men In Black? Vampires? Other assorted creepies and crawlies?' and handed the book and pen over to the trio's spokesperson.

"What is a Genius Loci?"
Trina asked then she turned to look at the sleeping man in the car.
"Yeah that is Donny, he senses things, always knows which soup kitchen have food or which dumpster have fresh food in it, he is pretty nice."
The teenager said then they looked at your list and discretely tapped at the word vampires before turning away.
"I am not sure I can say more man, I don't want to disrepair like so many here have, or just end up dead, it is not like the police care if one of us die we have no protection."
Trina and her friends where clearly terrified.
"The others don't know but so many get weak and sick and then eventually die, but there are nowhere else to go."

[Investigating Avatar Restoration, Cita's apartment]

He nodded, "That's why I brought it along. And I have good hopes Miss Florentine will be recovering soon; I'm working on translating a ritual to summon a Psychopomp to help with that, too... it's a bit complicated, though, and it obviously hasn't been done in some time..."

"f one can be summoned it would be...beautiful, they are fascinating creatures."
Cita sai and her eyes lit up with excitement.
"I can attemnt the transfer on my own and I think it will work, though I fear that if I do then Miss Florentine and Master Nassa will remain twin souls for the rest of their lives and as seen with Miss Larson, being twin souls with someone have it's dangers. Anyway whatever resources you need to have the book translated, let me know and I will pay it."
The spirit healer offered.

(OOC: Indeed we are baaaaaaack!)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 15 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:59 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin wrote:He nodded thoughtfully, "Considering getting everyone else adequately vaccinated is quite literally a question of life and death for Anna, I do believe I shall give the idea of challenging Miss Rozzo to a duel some serious consideration. I believe Madame Gottschalk's objections will not pose a problem; I might be able to convince her to permit a few vaccines on top of the European program, to account for strains more widespread in New England, it would be a miniscule increase at most. Miss Rozzo's misinformation needs to be silenced, though."
Anja wrote:"I doubt Miss Rozzo will refuse a challenge for a duel, to do so would be to loose face, only Duel Thanathos can be refused without admitting loss, the question is finding the right method to duel. Adeptus Majora Gottschalk might be persuaded, if Jane agrees, she is a stern Mentor but I doubt she will be willing to force the girl, then again Jane have been hanging around Richard quite a bit lately, telling everyone she want to be a doctor when she grows up so she might be persuaded.

"A duel? Well that's certainly a way to convince someone. And if Bianca truly wants to stand by what she says she'll probably accept." Serge said agreeing with Bruce. "But yeah, like Bruce said, what kind of duel though? Don't most duels with Verbana involve knives?"

Anja wrote:Master Haagen might be a harder sell, Cava was sort of just placed with him, bought as a gift in order for us to be able to get her blood, he have not had time to get the kid to trust him and he will be concerned about scaring her."
Bruce said and nodded.
"Which is a valid concern and now with Miss Rozzo's preaching he might refuse both of his apprentices to get protected, Arn after all while adult is still under his care as his apprentice."

"Cava was what?" Serge said with a raised eyebrow. "Regardless of the many things I don't know, Cava and Jane are good friends. If she sees Jane agreeing to get vaccinated she'll probably be willing to do so as well. So Master Haagan won't have to worry about scaring her."

Colin wrote:He shook his head, "Not that I recall, no - when i saw her like that, I was piloting a small fighter craft, a dart-shaped fighter that had been, hm, expropriated from the Technocracy. Well, future tense, really, but that's not really here nor there. The ship I was on just before that was the Shara, a support ship for Horizon's zeppelin fleet to extend their operational range... hum, those support ships aren't built yet, either... i wonder if the Admiral has made plans for them yet?"

"I wouldn't know. But he probably has some sort of plans in place." Serge said absentmindedly as he paid more attention to the drawing, flipping to a new page in his notepad and beginning to draw his own version based off what he saw in front of him. "So there's just a bunch of ship's like these? And you've already been in two...lucky. Did you get into any umbral plane battles or were they peaceful journey's?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:13 pm

[Adley, Colin, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"A duel? Well that's certainly a way to convince someone. And if Bianca truly wants to stand by what she says she'll probably accept." Serge said agreeing with Bruce. "But yeah, like Bruce said, what kind of duel though? Don't most duels with Verbana involve knives?"

"Duels between Verbena yes but Colin is not a member of the Verbena, off course if he where to challenge Miss Rozzo to a fight with knives then it would be even harder for her to refuse as it would be assumed she have an advantage but when members of different Traditions duel a form have to be agreed on, it would for example be unfair if you where to challenge Jon to a duel and he insisted on a Virtual Adept Core War as you would have no way to perform such a duel."
Bruce explained.

"Cava was what?" Serge said with a raised eyebrow. "Regardless of the many things I don't know, Cava and Jane are good friends. If she sees Jane agreeing to get vaccinated she'll probably be willing to do so as well so Master Haagan won't have to worry about scaring her."

"From what I heard, and mind you this are rumors, Cava was related to one of the higher ups in the Labyrinth and so her blood where a arcane connection to this person. Master Morgan feared that the Hermetics who had her apprenticed in a sort of school for their first degrees might be compromised and so they needed a pretense to get her here where a sample of her blood could be collected without raising any red flags, so Master Morgan bought her from one of the other Chantries in the city and presented her to Master Haagen as a gift."
Bruce said and frowned.
"By Hermetic law apprentices are property and they can be bought and sold like any other magickal resource."
He said and sigh.
"Well having a friend agreeing to the vaccines might help but depending on what vaccinations Cava have already it can end up with several shots which probably will make a five year old nervous but I am sure she can be reassured, I am more concerned with Master Haagen outright refusing than for the kid."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:58 pm

"It would be no trouble at all the machine is right there on the kitchen bench."
Cita said an smiled as she filled some tea for Adley. "So let me know if you would like any coffee, I will make a pot before I head down to the basement to check on Beatrice anyway, Master Nassa probably want a cup and beside it will give me an excuse to stop on the way to see your Mentor. "Also you are not late the others just got here, so what should we discuss first?" She asked as she sat back down, took a cookie and dipped it in her tea before eating it.

He gave a little smile. "Well, if you intend on making some anyway, then yes I would like some when you get around to it. But tea is also fine." He saw the cookies too and his face summed up his thoughts on the matter as he took a few, 'oooh! Cookies.'

He nodded, "Adley, good to see you... If you've got the time afterwards, I could use an extra head for the work on the Psychopomp ritual."

"Certainly. I would like a look at it, myself."

"f one can be summoned it would be...beautiful, they are fascinating creatures."
"I can attemnt the transfer on my own and I think it will work, though I fear that if I do then Miss Florentine and Master Nassa will remain twin souls for the rest of their lives and as seen with Miss Larson, being twin souls with someone have it's dangers. Anyway whatever resources you need to have the book translated, let me know and I will pay it."

"As important is where and why did they go..."

"Yeah and especially not the wrong decisions, vaccines will not make a kid autistic, and while there is a danger of side effects with all medicine, vaccines are generally safe. Now some spiritual communities say that they will not vaccinate their children for fear of their pineal glands calcifying, and given the Union that is the one thing I would worry about but the Sons of Ethers did a study back in the 90's working with the Order of Hermes where they logged how many unvaccinated apprentices Awakened versus those who where vaccinated and found no change between the test groups."
Bruce said and sigh.
"Adeptus Majora Gottschalk being worried several injections at once will scare her apprentice that is a legitimate concern, but what Miss Rozzo says just is not true and yes we can treat almost anything with magick except in some very few situations and vaccines will be for those few occasions."

"I didn't know there was a test on the stuff. The serum is different and one can see why it does what it does but I suppose it is always wise to check on such things."

"Naturally trust do not flow easily between us and the Technocracy, but yeah some of what they make are useful, I like my computer and my washing machine and vaccines also fall into the category of useful."
The Artificer said and nodded.
"Well we are going to have to have a talk with Miss Rozzo but until the Deacons force her to stop preaching all we can do is try to convince her."
He nodded thoughtfully, "Considering getting everyone else adequately vaccinated is quite literally a question of life and death for Anna, I do believe I shall give the idea of challenging Miss Rozzo to a duel some serious consideration. I believe Madame Gottschalk's objections will not pose a problem; I might be able to convince her to permit a few vaccines on top of the European program, to account for strains more widespread in New England, it would be a miniscule increase at most. Miss Rozzo's misinformation needs to be silenced, though."
"I doubt Miss Rozzo will refuse a challenge for a duel, to do so would be to loose face, only Duel Thanathos can be refused without admitting loss, the question is finding the right method to duel. Adeptus Majora Gottschalk might be persuaded, if Jane agrees, she is a stern Mentor but I doubt she will be willing to force the girl, then again Jane have been hanging around Richard quite a bit lately, telling everyone she want to be a doctor when she grows up so she might be persuaded. Master Haagen might be a harder sell, Cava was sort of just placed with him, bought as a gift in order for us to be able to get her blood, he have not had time to get the kid to trust him and he will be concerned about scaring her."
Bruce said and nodded.
"Cava was what?" Serge said with a raised eyebrow. "Regardless of the many things I don't know, Cava and Jane are good friends. If she sees Jane agreeing to get vaccinated she'll probably be willing to do so as well. So Master Haagan won't have to worry about scaring her."
"Duels between Verbena yes but Colin is not a member of the Verbena, off course if he where to challenge Miss Rozzo to a fight with knives then it would be even harder for her to refuse as it would be assumed she have an advantage but when members of different Traditions duel a form have to be agreed on, it would for example be unfair if you where to challenge Jon to a duel and he insisted on a Virtual Adept Core War as you would have no way to perform such a duel."
Bruce explained

"We honestly don't have time to sidetracked by nonsense. Sorry I don't mean Anna's safety is nonsense, of course but the misinformation campaign is quite frustrating to have to deal with on top of everything else." He sighed. "A duel doesn't /have/ to be one of strength or fitness of reflexes, it could be one of the mind. Since she is perpetuating an idea of things, then what if the duel was more of a debate? Then people could decide whom they believed...she is scaring people, we need to countermand that."

"From what I heard, and mind you this are rumors, Cava was related to one of the higher ups in the Labyrinth and so her blood where a arcane connection to this person. Master Morgan feared that the Hermetics who had her apprenticed in a sort of school for their first degrees might be compromised and so they needed a pretense to get her here where a sample of her blood could be collected without raising any red flags, so Master Morgan bought her from one of the other Chantries in the city and presented her to Master Haagen as a gift."
Bruce said and frowned.
"By Hermetic law apprentices are property and they can be bought and sold like any other magickal resource."
He said and sigh.
"Well having a friend agreeing to the vaccines might help but depending on what vaccinations Cava have already it can end up with several shots which probably will make a five year old nervous but I am sure she can be reassured, I am more concerned with Master Haagen outright refusing than for the kid."

"Yes, it is old fashioned. The rule was in place when people could be property and children thought to belong to their parens. It was a bit of a...loophole that was necessary but thankfully we hope things will turn out well for everyone, it was not the most desirable way to get what needed to be done accomplished." He frowned, thinking of Cecelia too.

He grinned, "Eighth Protocol, Amicus. Remember the Eighth Protocol."

"If they can take this Brian Blessed fellow then I think I'm fairly safe most of the time," he said, smiling a bit when he called him 'friend.'

He nodded, eye twitching slightly at the idea of trying to perform on stage for a crowd

"Don't worry, I wouldn't let them do that to you."

Serge took the drawing and looked over it with a careful eye, taking in all of the details. "God this looks so cool. Like a giant space ship. You flew in this thing?"
He shook his head, "Not that I recall, no - when i saw her like that, I was piloting a small fighter craft, a dart-shaped fighter that had been, hm, expropriated from the Technocracy. Well, future tense, really, but that's not really here nor there. The ship I was on just before that was the Shara, a support ship for Horizon's zeppelin fleet to extend their operational range... hum, those support ships aren't built yet, either... i wonder if the Admiral has made plans for them yet?"
"I wouldn't know. But he probably has some sort of plans in place." Serge said absentmindedly as he paid more attention to the drawing, flipping to a new page in his notepad and beginning to draw his own version based off what he saw in front of him. "So there's just a bunch of ship's like these? And you've already been in two...lucky. Did you get into any umbral plane battles or were they peaceful journey's?"

"This is time shenanigan stuff again," he said, finishing the water.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:54 pm

That is rather morally...problematic Mr Karyak experimenting on those in a most desperate situation, and that is if you get the Council to agree to let you to do this.

I'm wholeheartedly trying to give a choice, not prey on the weak, but i know full well how this sounds. I just want the most needing people to get the treatment first, if there's a chance of succes.

What you describe Mr Karyak would work for a group of about ten member but not a organization like the Traditions who need a clear leadership, who is to decide when the investigation leader is to lead or when the warrior is to lead? Also a situation seldom encompass only one thing, what you describe simply would not work it would be chaos and little else. What you describe would rally no one and certainly not unify us.

I belive that with will and respect that can be done. Maybe a council with representatives in the areas we mostly need could work. the quid of the question is to preserve the usefulness of the direction and make it maleable, before creating monolithic figures of authority. That's my thought. It can be wrong, but i belive that's the way to go, even if we can't agree. I'm not impossing either.

And she's an ancient Lich - an undead Archmage.
Open to learn and lust for knowledge are two different things. Even so, if she proves herself time and time again, then she can maintain herself in the ideal shape for the charge. But, truth is, that would be difficult for it would ask for constant proof of her capabilities, not only based on her past glories.

Can it be shortened? Certainly, if the properly inclined genius were to delve deep into the subject matter without restraints or impediments. Is it safe, and even possible within the time frame we're stuck with? Not bloody likely...
In any case, we don't need to have the full answer, just enough proof of advancement that it can be accomplished to justify Cadence and the others to remain alive and complete.

Mr. Karyak, how goes those formal apology letters?
Oh, i have them here, but i don't know if you'd approve of them he said handing them to Colin. They were formally written, as asked. They asked for forgiveness on his past wrongdoings but justified himself pointing out his reasons and point of view of the encounters.

[Investigating Avatar Restoration, Cita's Apartment]

Mr Karyak please come in, I have put on some tea.
Thank you, Cita. I made Scones Tane said with a smile after a friendly hug

Please have a seat, I understood that you wanted to talk with me?
Yeah, i wanted to talk to you and with some of my cabalmates. I'm trying to investigate ways to return nephandic avatars to their original state, or at least a free them of corruption.
We have been conducting various investigations, and we should unify our researchs. I wanted you to be present, because you're the most knowledgeable of us and can guide us.

You know more than me about Miss Florentine's approach, but I know a bit about a vampire's meditations to control their Beast, a technique that will help Anna... and i brought some ephemeral sand, too, for a closer examination.
That's most useful, Colin. Thanks.

Well what little I know about Miss Florentine's approach, she have not been able to speak much as you well know.
I have good hopes Miss Florentine will be recovering soon
I too belive that can change shortly, if we succed. Tane said, undecisive There are news and i need to talk about them with all of you, too.

I can attemnt the transfer on my own and I think it will work, though I fear that if I do then Miss Florentine and Master Nassa will remain twin souls for the rest of their lives and as seen with Miss Larson, being twin souls with someone have it's dangers. Anyway whatever resources you need to have the book translated, let me know and I will pay it.
Ah, i understand then that you are all aware of Master Nassa's lady shard beckoning for Miss Florentine. Well, once that's done, then, we can have a little more clue on how to actually cleanse an avatar. I hope her recovery, both spiritual and psicological after that intervention is swift.

I could use an extra head for the work on the Psychopomp ritual.
Sorry to meddle, but that is another thing i wanted to talk with you too.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:39 pm

"I didn't know there was a test on the stuff. The serum is different and one can see why it does what it does but I suppose it is always wise to check on such things."

"Yeah the serum is something else, and the way I understand it from Colin that do harm, but yes vaccines was examines the results where written about in the Paradigma, you should be able to request the article from their archive if you are interested."
Bruce said and nodded.

"We honestly don't have time to sidetracked by nonsense. Sorry I don't mean Anna's safety is nonsense, of course but the misinformation campaign is quite frustrating to have to deal with on top of everything else." He sighed. "A duel doesn't /have/ to be one of strength or fitness of reflexes, it could be one of the mind. Since she is perpetuating an idea of things, then what if the duel was more of a debate? Then people could decide whom they believed...she is scaring people, we need to countermand that."

"If you challenge Miss Ruzzo to a debate before the Deacon Council Colin no one can accuse you of choosing a biased arena since they are elder magi and might be more inclined to accept er worldview then yours, and yet that will make it harder for her to refuse."
Bruce said.

"Yes, it is old fashioned. The rule was in place when people could be property and children thought to belong to their parens. It was a bit of a...loophole that was necessary but thankfully we hope things will turn out well for everyone, it was not the most desirable way to get what needed to be done accomplished." He frowned, thinking of Cecelia too.

"It might be on a whole a undesirable law and one that need updates but in this case I doubt it will do harm, Master Haagen are sure to treat his young apprentice kindly."
Your Cabalmate commented.

I'm wholeheartedly trying to give a choice, not prey on the weak, but i know full well how this sounds. I just want the most needing people to get the treatment first, if there's a chance of succes.

"Well there is a difference between getting the most needed people a treatment first and experimenting and testing out theories on those in to desperate a situation to say no Mr Karyak for unless you have a method you KNOW is safe, that is what you are doing."
Bruce said and frowned.

I belive that with will and respect that can be done. Maybe a council with representatives in the areas we mostly need could work. the quid of the question is to preserve the usefulness of the direction and make it maleable, before creating monolithic figures of authority. That's my thought. It can be wrong, but i belive that's the way to go, even if we can't agree. I'm not impossing either.

"You can not lead a large organization like this Mr Kayak it would be chaos as soon as the various leaders did not agree, I would rather have one, imperfect leader than a squabbelig henhouse."
The Orphan said flatly.

In any case, we don't need to have the full answer, just enough proof of advancement that it can be accomplished to justify Cadence and the others to remain alive and complete.

"Well you are in a bit of a bind there Mr Karyak, how do you plan on getting said proof without testing your theory? And getting to the point where it can be tested will probably take years and that is longer than Miss Clearwater have."
Bruce asked doubtfully.

He gave a little smile. "Well, if you intend on making some anyway, then yes I would like some when you get around to it. But tea is also fine." He saw the cookies too and his face summed up his thoughts on the matter as he took a few, 'oooh! Cookies.'

"Ah yes do enjoy, I am afraid they are store bought though I could not bake to save my life."
Cita said and grinned and she went to put on the coffee maker.

As important is where and why did they go..."

"I have asked several spirits this question but none of them have any idea where the Psycopomps are."
Cita said and frowned.
"One guess is that they left due to Paradox but no one knows for sure."

Thank you, Cita. I made Scones Tane said with a smile after a friendly hug

The little Virtual Adept looked a bit surprised at being hugged but she did not comment on it.
"Ah that is thoughtful of you, there are plates in the cabinet over there, you can put the scones on one."
She said and pointed to a kitchen cabinet.

Yeah, i wanted to talk to you and with some of my cabalmates. I'm trying to investigate ways to return nephandic avatars to their original state, or at least a free them of corruption.
We have been conducting various investigations, and we should unify our researchs. I wanted you to be present, because you're the most knowledgeable of us and can guide us.

Cita nodded at that.
"Well removing Jhor or corruption is possible, a complicated working yes but possible but this will not change that their Avatars are Fallen I am afraid. Combining our knowledge can surely be useful though."
She agreed.

I too belive that can change shortly, if we succed. Tane said, undecisive There are news and i need to talk about them with all of you, too.

"What are these news Tane?"
Cita asked as she was preparing coffee.

Ah, i understand then that you are all aware of Master Nassa's lady shard beckoning for Miss Florentine. Well, once that's done, then, we can have a little more clue on how to actually cleanse an avatar. I hope her recovery, both spiritual and psicological after that intervention is swift.

"Well we can hope but it is not likely to be, remember Miss Florentine have spent years in a hellish condition after suffering the greatest trauma known to man, her getting a new Avatar will not be like flipping a switch and then she will be okey, it will take time to help her to slowly recover and in fact for a while after this is done, if we are successful she might be in a greater risk of suicide than ever, right now she is to depressed to act, but once she gets a little better she might be able to act on her despair before she learn that there is hope. No Mr Karyak Mr Florentine is not likely to have a swift recovery but with a new Avatar eventually she have a chance to start living and growing again."
Cita said with a concerned frown.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:42 pm

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'What, the Rustic Tri-View? The one with the marquee shaped like a dick? Over Smithfield, that is.' Nicole replied with a little frown. 'Not sure if it's still there... was real dated even when I was a kid.'

'Hmm... wouldn't mind seeing Armageddon [Records] again. Y'know, the one on Broadway? Bought my first proper CD there... Warning by Greenday. To their credit, clerk didn't mock it or nothing.' ending with a chuckle, which took a rather nervous edge to it.

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'So... they “defend” people by making fun of 'em?' Nicole replied acidicly. 'If they wanted to get on-board with “Black Lives Matter”, would they do it by drinking $20 drinks at a bar called “The Plantation” while in blackface?'

'If they want to help, fine. Quitting with the laughs and taking dumps on 'em's a good start.' like before, the Etherite seemed to be rather protective of said people.

Serge's Post:

'Dunno about “closer experience”... perhaps I simply notice more. Folk forget that for stiffs like us, we kinda live in a completely separate world. When we do have run-ins with richer folk, it's almost always bad. Boss, teacher, social worker, landlord, probation officer...' counting them off on her gloved hand '-and usually, they don't have much of a clue on how they actually live and think.'

'The hipster today? Jeez...' she said, rolling her eyes. 'Comes in a junky old Talon, beeping his horn like fucking expecting us to run out like gas jockeys. Gets in a sulk 'cos I'm at the tricky spot on an Aztek and the boss has gone Lovell ways to pick up some new carts for the diagnostic computer-' Noticing the waitress had appeared on the edge of her vision and waving to get their attention. 'Gets out, does the usual “stare through” - spots the twins and hips and looks for a guy – but has to deal with me 'cos I'm flying solo. Still asks “are you a mechanic”, despite the clues like coveralls, holding tools and actually working on a car.'

'Next strike; gets all shirty 'cos I don't leap onto his car at once. Sorry, need to finish the Aztek's exhaust and they were in first. Strike three; doesn't fuck off. Told him about the Dunkin's half-block down; staying to stare don't make me work faster. Four; plays nosy bastard when I am doing the once-over of the Talon. I'm cool with folk asking questions, 'specially women when I'm doing my thing - they might learn a thing or two - but this ain't a lesson in auto repair. Five; criticises. Oh, I might not have a sheepskin and that stupid black hat thing but this is my world and your degree means jack here. Six; I ID the problem, make a guestimate cost. Cheap bastard mistakes me with eBay and puts in a "bid" which is half. Then lastly... decides to "think about it" but asks for my sheet. Means two things; either they can't afford it - which hipster could, judging from those "retro" Predators he was wearing - or they're gonna take an hour of my work without even leaving a nickel and go to a cheapo chain and get some stoned kid to do the job to save a few bucks. After making a big thing about how he "always supported independent businesses".' rattling off a good primer on "how to annoy a tradesperson" for Serge.

'Oh. And kept on leering at my ass.'

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'Robocop was the plucky one-of-a-kind cyborg with morals, standing up to the big, nasty walker robots with the big guns.'

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

Colin's Post:

'It isn't. Last time I saw that damn pigeon had to fight the urge to hide under a table, me.' the ripple of biceps under her shirt as Nicole crossed her arms defensively across her chest.

Colin's Post:

A slightly raised eyebrow to this, but remained silent. A fair way to explain it, even if it was utterly wrong.

Colin's Post:

Spotting Colin's look, the large woman gave a "what did I do?" shrug in reply.

Colin's Post:

Anja's Post:

Nicole's grey eyes watched the goings-on alertly, and when the finger landed on "vampires" the large woman's demeanour changed, making it clear she loathed said creatures. More interestingly, she did not appear to be scared of them either.

'Think that's everything for you, yes?' she said in a faux-casual manner, turning to Colin. 'Why don't you check in with Bruce, I'll be along in a bit - got a couple of things to clear here first...'

[Think that's everyone...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:17 am

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Tane wrote:I'm wholeheartedly trying to give a choice, not prey on the weak, but i know full well how this sounds. I just want the most needing people to get the treatment first, if there's a chance of succes.
Anja wrote:"Well there is a difference between getting the most needed people a treatment first and experimenting and testing out theories on those in to desperate a situation to say no Mr Karyak for unless you have a method you KNOW is safe, that is what you are doing."
Bruce said and frowned.
Colin nodded, "Quite so; there's a very good reason human trials only take place after years of simulations and animal testing in medical research, which is essentially what you are discussing."

Tane wrote:I belive that with will and respect that can be done. Maybe a council with representatives in the areas we mostly need could work. the quid of the question is to preserve the usefulness of the direction and make it maleable, before creating monolithic figures of authority. That's my thought. It can be wrong, but i belive that's the way to go, even if we can't agree. I'm not impossing either.
Tane wrote:"You can not lead a large organization like this Mr Kayak it would be chaos as soon as the various leaders did not agree, I would rather have one, imperfect leader than a squabbelig henhouse."
The Orphan said flatly.
He nodded, "What you are describing is essentially how the Roman Republic broke down - separate leaders with different ideas about how to do things, working at cross purposes... No, the Council structure we have today is the best compromise - though the actual leaders would probably be wisely cycled out a little more frequently."

Tane wrote:Open to learn and lust for knowledge are two different things. Even so, if she proves herself time and time again, then she can maintain herself in the ideal shape for the charge. But, truth is, that would be difficult for it would ask for constant proof of her capabilities, not only based on her past glories.
He nodded, "From what I know of her, she is quite adept at keeping herself in a learning mindset; I do, however, not think she would make a good leader on account of thoroughly not enjoying the task."

Tane wrote:In any case, we don't need to have the full answer, just enough proof of advancement that it can be accomplished to justify Cadence and the others to remain alive and complete.
Anja wrote:"Well you are in a bit of a bind there Mr Karyak, how do you plan on getting said proof without testing your theory? And getting to the point where it can be tested will probably take years and that is longer than Miss Clearwater have."
Bruce asked doubtfully.
He shook his head, "It is, unfortunately, too likely to be a fruitless time sink in regards to how much time we have to save Miss Clearwater. But after that, we may be able to get some more help and resources to pursue such research."

S7trif3 wrote:"I didn't know there was a test on the stuff. The serum is different and one can see why it does what it does but I suppose it is always wise to check on such things."
Anja wrote:"Yeah the serum is something else, and the way I understand it from Colin that do harm, but yes vaccines was examines the results where written about in the Paradigma, you should be able to request the article from their archive if you are interested."
Bruce said and nodded.
He nodded, "The serum does have... nasty side effects with extended use, yes. You don't want that."

Jeremy wrote:"A duel? Well that's certainly a way to convince someone. And if Bianca truly wants to stand by what she says she'll probably accept." Serge said agreeing with Bruce. "But yeah, like Bruce said, what kind of duel though? Don't most duels with Verbana involve knives?"
Anja wrote:"Duels between Verbena yes but Colin is not a member of the Verbena, off course if he where to challenge Miss Rozzo to a fight with knives then it would be even harder for her to refuse as it would be assumed she have an advantage but when members of different Traditions duel a form have to be agreed on, it would for example be unfair if you where to challenge Jon to a duel and he insisted on a Virtual Adept Core War as you would have no way to perform such a duel."
Bruce explained.
S7trif3 wrote:"We honestly don't have time to sidetracked by nonsense. Sorry I don't mean Anna's safety is nonsense, of course but the misinformation campaign is quite frustrating to have to deal with on top of everything else." He sighed. "A duel doesn't /have/ to be one of strength or fitness of reflexes, it could be one of the mind. Since she is perpetuating an idea of things, then what if the duel was more of a debate? Then people could decide whom they believed...she is scaring people, we need to countermand that."
Anja wrote:"If you challenge Miss Ruzzo to a debate before the Deacon Council Colin no one can accuse you of choosing a biased arena since they are elder magi and might be more inclined to accept er worldview then yours, and yet that will make it harder for her to refuse."
Bruce said.
He nodded, "A debate before the Deacon Council might be a good choice. I was briefly entertaining the Battle of Wits from the Princess Bride, though that might be a little extreme..."

Anja wrote:"I doubt Miss Rozzo will refuse a challenge for a duel, to do so would be to loose face, only Duel Thanathos can be refused without admitting loss, the question is finding the right method to duel. Adeptus Majora Gottschalk might be persuaded, if Jane agrees, she is a stern Mentor but I doubt she will be willing to force the girl, then again Jane have been hanging around Richard quite a bit lately, telling everyone she want to be a doctor when she grows up so she might be persuaded. Master Haagen might be a harder sell, Cava was sort of just placed with him, bought as a gift in order for us to be able to get her blood, he have not had time to get the kid to trust him and he will be concerned about scaring her."
Bruce said and nodded.
Jeremy wrote:"Cava was what?" Serge said with a raised eyebrow. "Regardless of the many things I don't know, Cava and Jane are good friends. If she sees Jane agreeing to get vaccinated she'll probably be willing to do so as well. So Master Haagan won't have to worry about scaring her."
Anja wrote:"From what I heard, and mind you this are rumors, Cava was related to one of the higher ups in the Labyrinth and so her blood where a arcane connection to this person. Master Morgan feared that the Hermetics who had her apprenticed in a sort of school for their first degrees might be compromised and so they needed a pretense to get her here where a sample of her blood could be collected without raising any red flags, so Master Morgan bought her from one of the other Chantries in the city and presented her to Master Haagen as a gift."
Bruce said and frowned.
He said and sigh.
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, it is old fashioned. The rule was in place when people could be property and children thought to belong to their parens. It was a bit of a...loophole that was necessary but thankfully we hope things will turn out well for everyone, it was not the most desirable way to get what needed to be done accomplished." He frowned, thinking of Cecelia too.
Anja wrote:"It might be on a whole a undesirable law and one that need updates but in this case I doubt it will do harm, Master Haagen are sure to treat his young apprentice kindly."
Your Cabalmate commented.
He nodded, "Cava is Wallace Jace. More accurately, she is a clone of him, of some sort, though as far as I can gather her life, mind and Avatar are not bound to his as would be the case of the Mage's Child. Though, we will want to make sure of that - haven't quite had the time to think of that before now; damn... As for Master Haagen, I do believe I can convince him with little difficulty."

Anja wrote:"Actually Master O'Connor have agreed or so I would think as Richard asked me to turn some of the needed equipment to silver for him, there would be few other reasons to ask such a favor, what she think about it though is hard to say. Master Sharaya are probably on board with getting the Chantry members vaccinated but the older Deacons, now that might be a harder sell."
The Artificer said and sigh.
He nodded, "That's a little unexpected, I will admit, but welcome news all the same. Perhaps Master O'Connor glimpsed a few possible futures and decided she did not like the unvaccinated outcomes..."

S7trif3 wrote:"If they can take this Brian Blessed fellow then I think I'm fairly safe most of the time," he said, smiling a bit when he called him 'friend.'
He grinned, "BRIAN BLESSED has the advantage of not being a Mage, I believe - though, I would not be entirely surprised if he has something in his family tree that is a little more than human. He's certainly one of those great adventurous souls that are far larger than life."

S7trif3 wrote:"Don't worry, I wouldn't let them do that to you."
He nodded, shuddering slightly.

Anja wrote:"Wonderful thank you, my mother said she had gotten a new coat, pale brown wool, so amethyst might look good on that, I will drop by later in the day and pic one out."
Bruce said and nodded."Wonderful thank you, my mother said she had gotten a new coat, pale brown wool, so amethyst might look good on that, I will drop by later in the day and pic one out."
Bruce said and nodded.
He nodded, "Very well, I'll make my way down to the shop later, then - perhaps stay open half an hour late or so."

Tane wrote:Oh, i have them here, but i don't know if you'd approve of them he said handing them to Colin. They were formally written, as asked. They asked for forgiveness on his past wrongdoings but justified himself pointing out his reasons and point of view of the encounters.
He skimmed the letters, scratched his cheek lightly, then nodded, "Well, they come across as sincere, at least... You will still be expected to owe Master Dupuis a favour as well, to smooth things over in regards to our standing with his Chantry. Though you will probably not be allowed on a tactical team with him again, he might find it prudent to employ your skills all the same."

Jeremy wrote:"I wouldn't know. But he probably has some sort of plans in place." Serge said absentmindedly as he paid more attention to the drawing, flipping to a new page in his notepad and beginning to draw his own version based off what he saw in front of him. "So there's just a bunch of ship's like these? And you've already been in two...lucky. Did you get into any umbral plane battles or were they peaceful journey's?"
S7trif3 wrote:"This is time shenanigan stuff again," he said, finishing the water.
He smiled wryly, "As Adley said, time shenanigans. And the Admiral is a woman; an eminently capable strategist, tactician and engineer, heir apparent to the current leader of the Etherites. And the Heart of Horizon is unique; its equal might never be built... but that's a story for another day. There are far more than a handful of Umbra Ships, though; they are costly to make, but relatively few are in private hands. They're rather comparable to mundane aircraft; there are plenty of them, but most belong to the military, with airline companies in second place, and a very few owned by individuals."

[Nicole's apartment, 7PM Thursday, October 1st]
Nicole wrote:'Robocop was the plucky one-of-a-kind cyborg with morals, standing up to the big, nasty walker robots with the big guns.'
He nodded, then smiled wryly, "Rather like the renegade cyborg I met in Chicago... Nice chap, helped rescue Liv Bergen from the Nephandi who were going to give the girl away as a juvenile vampire's child bride... I wonder how that little snot of a vampire is doing now, after some infernalist vampires were, hm, accidentally discovered in his apartment?"

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Nicole wrote:'It isn't. Last time I saw that damn pigeon had to fight the urge to hide under a table, me.' the ripple of biceps under her shirt as Nicole crossed her arms defensively across her chest.
He smiled wryly, "Yes, that does seem to confirm the claim that you are kinfolk to Ratkin... I'll try to make sure you don't have to cross paths with him too often... and to explain to him that you are friend, not food."

Nicole wrote:Spotting Colin's look, the large woman gave a "what did I do?" shrug in reply.
He smiled thinly, "Thank you, Nicole... When people talk about me like that, it's usually either in a derisive or embarassingly flattering manner. I'll admit, the matter-of-factly intonation was pleasant."

Anja wrote:"What is a Genius Loci?"
Trina asked then she turned to look at the sleeping man in the car.
"Yeah that is Donny, he senses things, always knows which soup kitchen have food or which dumpster have fresh food in it, he is pretty nice."
The teenager said then they looked at your list and discretely tapped at the word vampires before turning away.
"I am not sure I can say more man, I don't want to disrepair like so many here have, or just end up dead, it is not like the police care if one of us die we have no protection."
Trina and her friends where clearly terrified.
"The others don't know but so many get weak and sick and then eventually die, but there are nowhere else to go."
He smiled, "Ah, sorry, the spirit of the place. I so prefer the Latin term; it has a more dignified ring to it. Just about every place has a spirit to it, to some degree - an expression of the area's nature; surely you've noticed how some places just feel... off, and you can't quite place the reason, when a little stretch of woodlands feels like humans don't belong there, or a government building feels sterile and emotionless? That's a part of what a Genius Loci is..."
He frowned as the vampires were pointed out, "Well... we don't deal much with them, but... we might know a few people who can make this place a little less appealing to them. Nothing intrusive, just a few subtle wards scattered around. As for sickness... I know a good doctor; I can ask him about possibilities for a little public service. I imagine tetanus and such are something of a problem here..."

Nicole wrote:Nicole's grey eyes watched the goings-on alertly, and when the finger landed on "vampires" the large woman's demeanour changed, making it clear she loathed said creatures. More interestingly, she did not appear to be scared of them either.

'Think that's everything for you, yes?' she said in a faux-casual manner, turning to Colin. 'Why don't you check in with Bruce, I'll be along in a bit - got a couple of things to clear here first...'
He nodded, "Planning something of a... stake out? I'll let Bruce know you might be a few more minutes... Just try not to raise a fuss."

Tane wrote:The little Virtual Adept looked a bit surprised at being hugged but she did not comment on it.
"Ah that is thoughtful of you, there are plates in the cabinet over there, you can put the scones on one."
She said and pointed to a kitchen cabinet.
He arched an eyebrow and smiled wryly, "Careful, Tane, such uninvited gestures of affection might lead to a security problem..."

Tane wrote:That's most useful, Colin. Thanks.
He grinned, "Feel free to touch the sand. I'll give you a light poke if you get lost in thought for too long."

Tane wrote:I too belive that can change shortly, if we succed. Tane said, undecisive There are news and i need to talk about them with all of you, too.
Tane wrote:"What are these news Tane?"
Cita asked as she was preparing coffee.
He arched an eyebrow, "Indeed, news sounds interesting... and perhaps worrying?"

S7trif3 wrote:"Certainly. I would like a look at it, myself."
Anja wrote:"f one can be summoned it would be...beautiful, they are fascinating creatures."
S7trif3 wrote:"As important is where and why did they go..."
Anja wrote:"I have asked several spirits this question but none of them have any idea where the Psycopomps are."
Cita said and frowned.
He nodded, "The translation can be done in-house; the Latin is a little archaic, and I can't read the other languages myself, but i think between Adley, myself, and Chief Morgan and Mr. Riez, we should have all the bases covered. The really tricky bit, I think, will be finding the appropriate items for the ritual; I'm struggling with a few... esoteric terms that might be commonplace things under a different name, or things that people haven't used since the time of the Crusades..."

Tane wrote:Ah, i understand then that you are all aware of Master Nassa's lady shard beckoning for Miss Florentine. Well, once that's done, then, we can have a little more clue on how to actually cleanse an avatar. I hope her recovery, both spiritual and psicological after that intervention is swift.
Anja wrote:"Well we can hope but it is not likely to be, remember Miss Florentine have spent years in a hellish condition after suffering the greatest trauma known to man, her getting a new Avatar will not be like flipping a switch and then she will be okey, it will take time to help her to slowly recover and in fact for a while after this is done, if we are successful she might be in a greater risk of suicide than ever, right now she is to depressed to act, but once she gets a little better she might be able to act on her despair before she learn that there is hope. No Mr Karyak Mr Florentine is not likely to have a swift recovery but with a new Avatar eventually she have a chance to start living and growing again."
Cita said with a concerned frown.
He frowned, "Master Nassa's lady is a complete Avatar, not a mere shard. And I think perhaps the aid of a Psychopomp will make it far easier for her to come quickly to terms with her new Gift... but that's not even remotely suggesting she'll get over the trauma anytime soon."

Tane wrote:Sorry to meddle, but that is another thing i wanted to talk with you too.
He looked up from his cup of tea, "Do go on?"

((OOC: So trying to get to see the spirit dog was not that appealing? Alright, then. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:26 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"Duels between Verbena yes but Colin is not a member of the Verbena, off course if he where to challenge Miss Rozzo to a fight with knives then it would be even harder for her to refuse as it would be assumed she have an advantage but when members of different Traditions duel a form have to be agreed on, it would for example be unfair if you where to challenge Jon to a duel and he insisted on a Virtual Adept Core War as you would have no way to perform such a duel."
Bruce explained.

"But man, wouldn't that be a power move. Challenging and beating a Verbana in a knife fight. She'd have to concede defeat and give up what she's doing." Serge said with a sigh. "But I get what your saying. Unless Mr. Wainwright had some low key hidden knife skills challenging her to a knife fight probably isn't the smarted idea."

Adley wrote:"We honestly don't have time to sidetracked by nonsense. Sorry I don't mean Anna's safety is nonsense, of course but the misinformation campaign is quite frustrating to have to deal with on top of everything else." He sighed. "A duel doesn't /have/ to be one of strength or fitness of reflexes, it could be one of the mind. Since she is perpetuating an idea of things, then what if the duel was more of a debate? Then people could decide whom they believed...she is scaring people, we need to countermand that."
Anja wrote:"If you challenge Miss Ruzzo to a debate before the Deacon Council Colin no one can accuse you of choosing a biased arena since they are elder magi and might be more inclined to accept er worldview then yours, and yet that will make it harder for her to refuse."
Bruce said.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "A debate before the Deacon Council might be a good choice. I was briefly entertaining the Battle of Wits from the Princess Bride, though that might be a little extreme..."

"A one on one debate is where Mr. Wainwright shines right? That sounds like the perfect duel for this kind of thing. Even if he doesn't convince the Deacon council outright he can still convince a load of other people to the other side." Serge agreed, although he secretly wanted to see that knife fight.

Anja wrote:"From what I heard, and mind you this are rumors, Cava was related to one of the higher ups in the Labyrinth and so her blood where a arcane connection to this person. Master Morgan feared that the Hermetics who had her apprenticed in a sort of school for their first degrees might be compromised and so they needed a pretense to get her here where a sample of her blood could be collected without raising any red flags, so Master Morgan bought her from one of the other Chantries in the city and presented her to Master Haagen as a gift."
Bruce said and frowned.
He said and sigh.
Colin wrote:He nodded, "Cava is Wallace Jace. More accurately, she is a clone of him, of some sort, though as far as I can gather her life, mind and Avatar are not bound to his as would be the case of the Mage's Child. Though, we will want to make sure of that - haven't quite had the time to think of that before now; damn... As for Master Haagen, I do believe I can convince him with little difficulty."

"Cava...was related to....no was....Wal-what!" Serge said in a voice of disbelief and the tiniest hint of anger. Flashes of the fae Deaconess and a thorn-hearted girl in a flower field flowed through his head, but he quickly brushed them aside. Even if that was what the Deaconess was referring to, now wasn't the time to decipher old riddles.

"She seemed like a normal girl. I would've never guessed."

Anja wrote:"Well having a friend agreeing to the vaccines might help but depending on what vaccinations Cava have already it can end up with several shots which probably will make a five year old nervous but I am sure she can be reassured, I am more concerned with Master Haagen outright refusing than for the kid."

"I don't think convincing Master Haagan will be too hard, especially if Mr. Wainwright does it. He wants what's best for his apprentices and if we can get him to see past the fear-mongering I'm sure he'll turn around."

Adley wrote:"This is time shenanigan stuff again," he said, finishing the water.
Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "As Adley said, time shenanigans. And the Admiral is a woman; an eminently capable strategist, tactician and engineer, heir apparent to the current leader of the Etherites. And the Heart of Horizon is unique; its equal might never be built... but that's a story for another day. There are far more than a handful of Umbra Ships, though; they are costly to make, but relatively few are in private hands. They're rather comparable to mundane aircraft; there are plenty of them, but most belong to the military, with airline companies in second place, and a very few owned by individuals."

"Comparable to mundane aircraft? Boo...their suppose to be giant cool magickal magick ships." Serge said with a chuckle, as he ripped off a page in his notepad and placed it next to the diagram on the table. The ship, he drew was remarkably similar to the one on the table, except Serge had felt the need to decorate it considerably. The new drawing had expressive decals on the outside of the ship and had extra wings and thrusters in aesthetically pleasing but aerodynamically inefficient places.

"You said this was a copy right? Do you mind if I keep this?" he asked pointing to the diagram on the table.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'So... they “defend” people by making fun of 'em?' Nicole replied acidicly. 'If they wanted to get on-board with “Black Lives Matter”, would they do it by drinking $20 drinks at a bar called “The Plantation” while in blackface?'

'If they want to help, fine. Quitting with the laughs and taking dumps on 'em's a good start.' like before, the Etherite seemed to be rather protective of said people.

"More like yelling at the white professors for taking away jobs from other minorities. Or for assuming their gender. Or for giving them a zero on an exam." Serge said thinking back to his University. "Man, a lot of people yelled at those professors." he said to himself.

Nicole wrote:'Dunno about “closer experience”... perhaps I simply notice more. Folk forget that for stiffs like us, we kinda live in a completely separate world. When we do have run-ins with richer folk, it's almost always bad. Boss, teacher, social worker, landlord, probation officer...' counting them off on her gloved hand '-and usually, they don't have much of a clue on how they actually live and think.'

"I'm definitely guilty of that. Not knowing how people below me felt or lived." Serge admitted sheepishly. "Always used to glamorize it in my head. That living on the edge was cool. Everyday was an adventure. Never really could understand the pain and stress they felt 'till I awakened. After I got an up close look at those emotion my tune definitely changed."

Nicole wrote:'The hipster today? Jeez...' she said, rolling her eyes. 'Comes in a junky old Talon, beeping his horn like fucking expecting us to run out like gas jockeys. Gets in a sulk 'cos I'm at the tricky spot on an Aztek and the boss has gone Lovell ways to pick up some new carts for the diagnostic computer-' Noticing the waitress had appeared on the edge of her vision and waving to get their attention. 'Gets out, does the usual “stare through” - spots the twins and hips and looks for a guy – but has to deal with me 'cos I'm flying solo. Still asks “are you a mechanic”, despite the clues like coveralls, holding tools and actually working on a car.'

'Next strike; gets all shirty 'cos I don't leap onto his car at once. Sorry, need to finish the Aztek's exhaust and they were in first. Strike three; doesn't fuck off. Told him about the Dunkin's half-block down; staying to stare don't make me work faster. Four; plays nosy bastard when I am doing the once-over of the Talon. I'm cool with folk asking questions, 'specially women when I'm doing my thing - they might learn a thing or two - but this ain't a lesson in auto repair. Five; criticises. Oh, I might not have a sheepskin and that stupid black hat thing but this is my world and your degree means jack here. Six; I ID the problem, make a guestimate cost. Cheap bastard mistakes me with eBay and puts in a "bid" which is half. Then lastly... decides to "think about it" but asks for my sheet. Means two things; either they can't afford it - which hipster could, judging from those "retro" Predators he was wearing - or they're gonna take an hour of my work without even leaving a nickel and go to a cheapo chain and get some stoned kid to do the job to save a few bucks. After making a big thing about how he "always supported independent businesses".' rattling off a good primer on "how to annoy a tradesperson" for Serge.

'Oh. And kept on leering at my ass.'

Serge kept quiet and listened attentively as Nicole complained about her day, although he did take his sketchbook and began to draw what appeared to be the scene as Nicole described it, drawing on top of the tabletop so that the Etherite could see. The more details she said the more details the picture got. The drawing veered towards cartoon-y satire rather than the realistic style Serge normally drew.

A beat up car and an ugly looking man standing next to it, a smug sneer on his face making it look even grotesque and unpleasant. Expensive 'retro'-looking shoes with the large price tags still attached to them as well as a black hat covering greasy looking hair. The rest of the ensemble was improvised by Serge, adding in other details that fit a stereotypical 'hipster'.

"Fuckin hell man. He certainly sounds like a next level asshole. Dipshit got more than three strikes and still didn't even go out." he said with a chuckle, clearly wanting to try and lighten the mood. "I'm surprised you didn't deck him in the face. Would've been really cathartic. You know, you can punch the drawing if you want. Might not be the same thing but at least there's no assault laws for that." Serge held up the picture for Nicole to see in greater detail. Although he held it in front of his own face which likely wasn't the smartest thing to do considering what he had just offered.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:30 am

He shook his head, "It is, unfortunately, too likely to be a fruitless time sink in regards to how much time we have to save Miss Clearwater. But after that, we may be able to get some more help and resources to pursue such research."

"The question is are there anything that can be argued to make the Council spare Miss Clearwater?"
Bruce said and frowned.
"She is a full Nephanus after all."

He nodded, "The serum does have... nasty side effects with extended use, yes. You don't want that."

"Yeah I would not what that serum used on me, shit but the stuff look like green snot."
Bruce said with disgust in his eyes.

He nodded, "A debate before the Deacon Council might be a good choice. I was briefly entertaining the Battle of Wits from the Princess Bride, though that might be a little extreme..."

"A debate might be easier to sell before the Deacon Council than something from a fantasy movie and it would probably be considered more fair."
The Artificer commented.

He nodded, "Cava is Wallace Jace. More accurately, she is a clone of him, of some sort, though as far as I can gather her life, mind and Avatar are not bound to his as would be the case of the Mage's Child. Though, we will want to make sure of that - haven't quite had the time to think of that before now; damn... As for Master Haagen, I do believe I can convince him with little difficulty."

"Cava is a clone of Wallace Jace, part of me is horrified and part o me is impressed by theman's former abilities, I hear his meeting with Horizon was rather...final."
Bruce said and he raised an eyebrow.
"Well perhaps if the girl can be convinced as well I doubt Master Haagen will want to hold his apprentice down for it though I guess at times you have to do just that."

He nodded, "That's a little unexpected, I will admit, but welcome news all the same. Perhaps Master O'Connor glimpsed a few possible futures and decided she did not like the unvaccinated outcomes..."

"I have no idea why the Deaconess O'Conner have agreedto the vaccinations she might have seen something or she might have agreed to it because her unicorn said so, but it do appear like she did."
The Artificer said and shrugged.

He nodded, "Very well, I'll make my way down to the shop later, then - perhaps stay open half an hour late or so."

"Very well that works for me, thank you Colin."
Your Cabalmate said and smiled.

"But man, wouldn't that be a power move. Challenging and beating a Verbana in a knife fight. She'd have to concede defeat and give up what she's doing." Serge said with a sigh. "But I get what your saying. Unless Mr. Wainwright had some low key hidden knife skills challenging her to a knife fight probably isn't the smarted idea."

"It would be a power move however if it do not work out and Colin is not good enough with a nife then he will have his ass handed to him by a teenage girl which is less of a power move, for a debate though that is where Colin shines and no one can claim it is nto fair as Miss Rozzo is also given a chance to put forth her views."
Bruce said with a slight grin.
"What to make bets on who will win kid?"

"A one on one debate is where Mr. Wainwright shines right? That sounds like the perfect duel for this kind of thing. Even if he doesn't convince the Deacon council outright he can still convince a load of other people to the other side." Serge agreed, although he secretly wanted to see that knife fight.

"Sometimes hard, ingrained beliefs can be hard to change but indeed a debate might change the mind of others who hear it, including those at Riverside if we invite them...so that might add to the herd immunity even if it might be hard to get Miss Rozzo herself to accept vaccines."
Bruce agreed.

"Cava...was related to....no was....Wal-what!" Serge said in a voice of disbelief and the tiniest hint of anger. Flashes of the fae Deaconess and a thorn-hearted girl in a flower field flowed through his head, but he quickly brushed them aside. Even if that was what the Deaconess was referring to, now wasn't the time to decipher old riddles.

"Cava is a normal girl, it is not her fault she was created as a clone, and I guess that if everything that made Wallace Jace go down the wrong path happens to her that might bring her down a dangerous road as well but if she is raised well she will be a sweet kid but with his talent."
Bruce said.
"How she came into being should not be held against her."

"I don't think convincing Master Haagan will be too hard, especially if Mr. Wainwright does it. He wants what's best for his apprentices and if we can get him to see past the fear-mongering I'm sure he'll turn around."

"Well what seamed to worry him the post was the number of vaccines, Miss Rozzo spoke of the percentage of kids traumatized by multiple injections but perhaps we can alliviate his fear that this will scare his apprentice, is there any chance you can offer to make the kid sleep for ten minutes so she can just have a nice drem and experience noting of it that might make Master Haagen more willing to listen."
Bruce said.
"I know that if I had an apprentice, especially a child I would be concerned over several inections at once I remember how much they sucked when I was a kid, one shot is over in a secon but five...I remember those doctor's visits, if that can be made easier on the kid it would be a good idea, for Jane to I guess if that is what it takes to convince her Mentor."

"Comparable to mundane aircraft? Boo...their suppose to be giant cool magickal magick ships." Serge said with a chuckle, as he ripped off a page in his notepad and placed it next to the diagram on the table. The ship, he drew was remarkably similar to the one on the table, except Serge had felt the need to decorate it considerably. The new drawing had expressive decals on the outside of the ship and had extra wings and thrusters in aesthetically pleasing but aerodynamically inefficient places.

"Many of them are like spaceships that travel the spirit world, others look like old frigates or other designs, while some of them are simple and utilitarian."
Bruce said and smiled.
"Some of them are big but as Primium are hard to make most of them are somewhat small."

He arched an eyebrow and smiled wryly, "Careful, Tane, such uninvited gestures of affection might lead to a security problem..."

Cita said nothing but it was clear that she was not used to such signs of affection and especially not from someone she had known a few days, no matter how impressed she was with Tane's abilities.

He grinned, "Feel free to touch the sand. I'll give you a light poke if you get lost in thought for too long."

Cita hesitated then she gently opened the bag of sand an touched it, there was a slight smile on her face.
"My wrists still ache from the Primium cuffs had had worn in the cell, but I don't care, I stand at the view screen of the Mesopotamia, seeing the Umbra for the first time, seeing spirits. The Void Engineers saved me just before my planned execution, and where the other Technocrats would kill me for my abilities with spirit they appreciate it, the woman at my side are going to be my new teacher, she is kind and warm as she shows me the wonders of the Umbra as the ship leaves earth, for the first time since I was arrested I feel...safe, I have direction, I am a Void Engineer now and I will no longer have to hide what I can do."
She whispered softly then she looked at you for a moment.
"Well now that is a very old memory."
The spirit healer said as she removed her fingers from the sand.

He nodded, "The translation can be done in-house; the Latin is a little archaic, and I can't read the other languages myself, but i think between Adley, myself, and Chief Morgan and Mr. Riez, we should have all the bases covered. The really tricky bit, I think, will be finding the appropriate items for the ritual; I'm struggling with a few... esoteric terms that might be commonplace things under a different name, or things that people haven't used since the time of the Crusades..."

"Get me a list of what is needed Mr Wainwright and I will see what I can find on Horizon."
Cita offered.

He frowned, "Master Nassa's lady is a complete Avatar, not a mere shard. And I think perhaps the aid of a Psychopomp will make it far easier for her to come quickly to terms with her new Gift... but that's not even remotely suggesting she'll get over the trauma anytime soon."

"We are going to have to see, though perhaps we should try to get the help of oh...I think her name slips my mind but the Cultist psychiatrist that live in Boston, to help Susannah recover faster."
The spirit healer suggested.

'It isn't. Last time I saw that damn pigeon had to fight the urge to hide under a table, me.' the ripple of biceps under her shirt as Nicole crossed her arms defensively across her chest.

"Yeah birds of prey look at ratkin and those of us with ratkin blood like we are a tasty meal."
The man with the eye problem said and shuddered.
"And cats also give me the creeps."

Nicole's grey eyes watched the goings-on alertly, and when the finger landed on "vampires" the large woman's demeanour changed, making it clear she loathed said creatures. More interestingly, she did not appear to be scared of them either.

Trina gave you a scared look at your reaction and her friend whispered in a hushed tone while looking around to see if anyone where listening.
"Y...you can't do nothing to upset them...they will kill us all they...made an example out of Camilla a few weeks back and she did not even know what they where she just refused to comply any longer...shit...what if they find out we have talked with you or that we are knfolk...we would be dead!"
The blond girl said and she got so terrified she started crying, Trina put an arm around the other teenager but they to looked scared.

He smiled, "Ah, sorry, the spirit of the place. I so prefer the Latin term; it has a more dignified ring to it. Just about every place has a spirit to it, to some degree - an expression of the area's nature; surely you've noticed how some places just feel... off, and you can't quite place the reason, when a little stretch of woodlands feels like humans don't belong there, or a government building feels sterile and emotionless? That's a part of what a Genius Loci is..."

"Well that sounds nice sort of but I have to admit I do not really know much Latin an shit, I dropped out of the first year of high school, I had to get out of there."
Trina said and shrugged.

He frowned as the vampires were pointed out, "Well... we don't deal much with them, but... we might know a few people who can make this place a little less appealing to them. Nothing intrusive, just a few subtle wards scattered around. As for sickness... I know a good doctor; I can ask him about possibilities for a little public service. I imagine tetanus and such are something of a problem here..."

"But when they find those wards they will know and then we are dead."
Trina said fearfully.
"Medical help...would be welcome, yeah it happens that someone cut themselves or stepped on shit or something and then they get sick, real sick and have trouble breathing and they shake and have cramps and shit it is scary."
The blond girl said but she still looked wary of gifts and offers of help.

He nodded, "Planning something of a... stake out? I'll let Bruce know you might be a few more minutes... Just try not to raise a fuss."

The three teenagers gave you a terrified look and then glanced at Nicole.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:08 am

"The reasons the Traditions came together is sound, there is already the Council of Nine. I do not disagree there could be some work done to improve the current system, but stripping it wholesale will simply give the Nephandi and the Technocracy all the leeway they need to eradicate us."

He grinned, "BRIAN BLESSED has the advantage of not being a Mage, I believe - though, I would not be entirely surprised if he has something in his family tree that is a little more than human. He's certainly one of those great adventurous souls that are far larger than life."

"You never know..."

Anja wrote:
"If you challenge Miss Ruzzo to a debate before the Deacon Council Colin no one can accuse you of choosing a biased arena since they are elder magi and might be more inclined to accept er worldview then yours, and yet that will make it harder for her to refuse."
Bruce said.
Colin wrote:

"Exactly,"  he nodded to Serge.

Yeah, i wanted to talk to you and with some of my cabalmates. I'm trying to investigate ways to return nephandic avatars to their original state, or at least a free them of corruption. We have been conducting various investigations, and we should unify our researchs. I wanted you to be present, because you're the most knowledgeable of us and can guide us.

"Hello, Mr Karyak," he said with a nod as he saw him.

"Well you are in a bit of a bind there Mr Karyak, how do you plan on getting said proof without testing your theory? And getting to the point where it can be tested will probably take years and that is longer than Miss Clearwater have."
Bruce asked doubtfully.
Colin nodded, "Quite so; there's a very good reason human trials only take place after years of simulations and animal testing in medical research, which is essentially what you are discussing."

"If we're to convince anyone, we are going to need to be standing on very solid ground on the matter. It is harder in her case, as she is a full Nephandus, whether we wish it or not, or whether she wishes it or not. It limits our time but we do need to have an answer."

You know more than me about Miss Florentine's approach, but I know a bit about a vampire's meditations to control their Beast, a technique that will help Anna... and i brought some ephemeral sand, too, for a closer examination.

"Vampire meditations? Hrm...do you think that would help with the...urges? If so perhaps Kyle will want to know about that.  As for Ms Florintine, I have occasionally been able to communicate via sign language with her, I'm very slow and limited but she at least responded. Sometimes she is more present than others, but I will continue to see if she will speak with me."As for myself...I suspect that sometimes, if the reason they went through the caul was to save another, and if they were given a good upbringing, there may be some way to help them. Aside from what we suspect relating to Ms Florintine," he said carefully, "there have been other bits and pieces, but it has yet to come together for me. The last one is this book on the Umbra..." he held it up, the spine showing it was written by Lady Crexia. "If we're going to talk about anything more sensitive in a concrete fashion than that though, the room might need to be sealed."

Tane wrote:
That's most useful, Colin. Thanks.

Cita hesitated then she gently opened the bag of sand an touched it, there was a slight smile on her face.
"My wrists still ache from the Primium cuffs had had worn in the cell, but I don't care, I stand at the view screen of the Mesopotamia, seeing the Umbra for the first time, seeing spirits. The Void Engineers saved me just before my planned execution, and where the other Technocrats would kill me for my abilities with spirit they appreciate it, the woman at my side are going to be my new teacher, she is kind and warm as she shows me the wonders of the Umbra as the ship leaves earth, for the first time since I was arrested I feel...safe, I have direction, I am a Void Engineer now and I will no longer have to hide what I can do."

He listned to Cita as she related her memory, one eyebrow raised. It was one thing to know that she was a former Technocrat, another to hear the moment she became one as if it were happening right then. "I would like to see this sand also, Colin as I've not really got the chance. Can you tell us more about where it comes from?" he asked, wanting to make sure he had the whole story of it.  

"I have asked several spirits this question but none of them have any idea where the Psycopomps are."
Cita said and frowned.

"Avatars were not always experienced the same way as they are now by their hosts, perhaps that plays a role as well?"

"And then we shall see if it is wise to pursue trying it..."

"Well we can hope but it is not likely to be, remember Miss Florentine have spent years in a hellish condition after suffering the greatest trauma known to man, her getting a new Avatar will not be like flipping a switch and then she will be okey, it will take time to help her to slowly recover and in fact for a while after this is done, if we are successful she might be in a greater risk of suicide than ever, right now she is to depressed to act, but once she gets a little better she might be able to act on her despair before she learn that there is hope. No Mr Karyak Mr Florentine is not likely to have a swift recovery but with a new Avatar eventually she have a chance to start living and growing again."
"We are going to have to see, though perhaps we should try to get the help of oh...I think her name slips my mind but the Cultist psychiatrist that live in Boston, to help Susannah recover faster."

He frowned. "Yes, she will need help...it will take time for her to recover."

[Adley & Nicole go to Whitecastle Beefbarn]

'What, the Rustic Tri-View? The one with the marquee shaped like a dick? Over Smithfield, that is.' Nicole replied with a little frown. 'Not sure if it's still there... was real dated even when I was a kid.'

He glanced at her. "Next time I see it, and every time after now, that's all I'm going to see. So, thanks for that. Good thing I don't go that road often."

'Hmm... wouldn't mind seeing Armageddon [Records] again. Y'know, the one on Broadway? Bought my first proper CD there... Warning by Greenday. To their credit, clerk didn't mock it or nothing.' ending with a chuckle, which took a rather nervous edge to it.

"Sure, we can stop by there. Maybe I can find something to cheer my brother up, not that I have any idea what he likes to listen to...it's probably all on his phone."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:26 am

"The reasons the Traditions came together is sound, there is already the Council of Nine. I do not disagree there could be some work done to improve the current system, but stripping it wholesale will simply give the Nephandi and the Technocracy all the leeway they need to eradicate us."

"Exactly what the Traditions give us is safety in numbers and without a strng central leadership that is not going to count for much, hell even in smaller units like a Cabal I prefer to have one leader, not to act as a tyrant but to help sort out disputes and make the har choices when they have to be ade but for smaller groups softer forms of leadership can work but for a society, no I do not think that would work."
Bruce said and he shook his head.

"If we're to convince anyone, we are going to need to be standing on very solid ground on the matter. It is harder in her case, as she is a full Nephandus, whether we wish it or not, or whether she wishes it or not. It limits our time but we do need to have an answer."

Cita nodded at that and she sigh.
"I am afraid it do not look good, even with Colin's apprentice Anna she would have been sentenced to Gilgul if she had not been so physically weak that trying to enact such a traumatic punishment would likely kill her during the ritual and then you would have a wounded, angry Avatar pulled from the Host an now freed from it to deal with and nobody want that."
The spirit healer said.
"So she is spared but just that she is a child and where lured into joining the Nephandi as a kid would not be enough, unless we have something solid to present the Council with they will not spare Cadence Clearwater, and adult who joined the Fallen."

As for Ms Florintine, I have occasionally been able to communicate via sign language with her, I'm very slow and limited but she at least responded. Sometimes she is more present than others, but I will continue to see if she will speak with me."As for myself...I suspect that sometimes, if the reason they went through the caul was to save another, and if they were given a good upbringing, there may be some way to help them. Aside from what we suspect relating to Ms Florintine," he said carefully, "there have been other bits and pieces, but it has yet to come together for me. The last one is this book on the Umbra..." he held it up, the spine showing it was written by Lady Crexia. "If we're going to talk about anything more sensitive in a concrete fashion than that though, the room might need to be sealed."

"I think that if you have managed to communicate with Miss Florentine Mr Roth Hicks then those attempts should continue you might be able to get something useful out of her. Well we do know a few cases where we know that someone have Fallen to attempt to save others and their widderslaintes have been able to resist their destructive urges but I am not sure we have enough examples to draw a conclusion Mr Roth Hicks."
Cita said then she nodded.
"Yes the room should be sealed, should you do so or shall I?"
The Virtual Adepts asked.

He listned to Cita as she related her memory, one eyebrow raised. It was one thing to know that she was a former Technocrat, another to hear the moment she became one as if it were happening right then. "I would like to see this sand also, Colin as I've not really got the chance. Can you tell us more about where it comes from?" he asked, wanting to make sure he had the whole story of it.

"I was a Void Engineer in the Union Mr Roth Hicks not a Virtual Adept."
Cita admitted.
"But I was a personal friend of Rodger Zachery, and when the Adepts left, knowing I had become disillusioned with the Union he sent me a communication inviting me to join the exodus and I accepted, he initiated me into the Virtual Adepts that first day that we ran so I am fully legal, I was a full member of the the Virtual Adepts when we accepted Dr Spence's amnesty, in case you where worried about it."
The spirit healer explained.

"Avatars were not always experienced the same way as they are now by their hosts, perhaps that plays a role as well?"

"I have had a chance to examine a few Founts belonging to senior magi, and they truly behave and function much differently than an Avatar."
Cita commented.

He frowned. "Yes, she will need help...it will take time for her to recover."

"Yes I can not even imagine the poor girl's suffering, it will not be a easy road to recovery for her."
The Virtual Adept said softly.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:28 am

[Junkyard]

Colin's Post:

'Or that bird simply has it in for me.'

Anja's Post:

'Then get ready to run from this place.' Nicole replied, drawing herself up. 'But it now has something bigger to worry about. Me. Dealt with their kind before, I have.' speaking softly, trying to exude an aura of confidence; that she knew their kind and was not scared.

'Avoid this place during the night, 'till this issue has been dealt with. Time for me to call in some... favours.'

Colin's Post:

'Ha ha.' she muttered at Colin's feeble pun. Once he'd left, Nicole turned back to face the trio. 'If you're... Kinfolk, don't the "relatives" care about you?' ending with a puzzled look.

[Nicole's Apartment]

Colin's Post:

'Shit... that's a story which I've gotta hear. Have to be later, though...'

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Oh, useful.' Nicole quipped sarcastically. 'I wonder if they've even met a black person? That is, in a position of actual equality.'

Serge's Post:

'Why would you know?' she replied evenly. 'Not like it's really covered in the media, you'd encountered anyone from there yourself or anything. The average person knows more about how they lived in the old West or Puritan days than how folk across down to.'

Serge's Post:

'Heh... was tempted to wrap a wrench around his head.' Nicole replied, clearly amused by the drawing. 'But they're the fuckers who'll go online and do shit reviews. The amount of times they'll be straight up "give me what I want or I'll tell you a bunch of lies".'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:11 pm

'Or that bird simply has it in for me.'

"Off course he do, he have his instincts and probably think you are delicious."
Jonsey the kid with the eye problem said sourly.

'Then get ready to run from this place.' Nicole replied, drawing herself up. 'But it now has something bigger to worry about. Me. Dealt with their kind before, I have.' speaking softly, trying to exude an aura of confidence; that she knew their kind and was not scared.

"Really and you survived?"
Trina said and she sounded really impressed.
"Yeah I guess we have no choice but to flee, but us three are the only ones who know what is going on...I mean the bastards even go after the children, slowly killing those here it do nto feel right to just abandon the rest."
She commented.

Avoid this place during the night, 'till this issue has been dealt with. Time for me to call in some... favours.'

"Yeah but it will be harder to convince the others to leave, all know about the strange men and that if we do not cooperate we vanish but...everyone are scared, that those men will find us if we leave, a group tried to leave a few weeks ago and one of them returned telling what ha happened to the others."
Trina muttered and looked down and shuddered.

'Ha ha.' she muttered at Colin's feeble pun. Once he'd left, Nicole turned back to face the trio. 'If you're... Kinfolk, don't the "relatives" care about you?' ending with a puzzled look.

"For other kinds of kinfolk we would be protected, but no Ratkin hate humans they will protect their rat kinfolk but not us, there are those like Strawberry but she is like a kid we can not get her involved in this and then there is my relative Sam but he is missing."
The black kid with the eye problem said an frowned.
"But Sam did try to do something when...those men...first came here, he fought but he got hurt real bad and then he left as well."
He added and shook his head.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:23 pm

Anja wrote:"It would be a power move however if it do not work out and Colin is not good enough with a nife then he will have his ass handed to him by a teenage girl which is less of a power move, for a debate though that is where Colin shines and no one can claim it is nto fair as Miss Rozzo is also given a chance to put forth her views."

"Sure thing. My money is on Mr. Wainwright. All the way. How about you?" Serge said confidently.

Anja wrote:"Sometimes hard, ingrained beliefs can be hard to change but indeed a debate might change the mind of others who hear it, including those at Riverside if we invite them...so that might add to the herd immunity even if it might be hard to get Miss Rozzo herself to accept vaccines."
Bruce agreed.

"Thankfully it doesn't matter if Miss Rozzo accepts it or not. She can believe whatever she wants too. What matters is getting others to see past hear fear-mongering and to show an alternative side to the arguments she presented to them."

Anja wrote:"Cava is a clone of Wallace Jace, part of me is horrified and part o me is impressed by theman's former abilities, I hear his meeting with Horizon was rather...final."
"Well perhaps if the girl can be convinced as well I doubt Master Haagen will want to hold his apprentice down for it though I guess at times you have to do just that."
Anja wrote:"Cava is a normal girl, it is not her fault she was created as a clone, and I guess that if everything that made Wallace Jace go down the wrong path happens to her that might bring her down a dangerous road as well but if she is raised well she will be a sweet kid but with his talent."
Bruce said.

"Right, I know that. Still shocking to hear." Serge said still in a little surprised. "I doubt she'll go down the same path as Jace. She's too nice."

Anja wrote:"Well what seamed to worry him the post was the number of vaccines, Miss Rozzo spoke of the percentage of kids traumatized by multiple injections but perhaps we can alliviate his fear that this will scare his apprentice, is there any chance you can offer to make the kid sleep for ten minutes so she can just have a nice drem and experience noting of it that might make Master Haagen more willing to listen."
Bruce said.
"I know that if I had an apprentice, especially a child I would be concerned over several inections at once I remember how much they sucked when I was a kid, one shot is over in a secon but five...I remember those doctor's visits, if that can be made easier on the kid it would be a good idea, for Jane to I guess if that is what it takes to convince her Mentor."

"Than's an idea! And it'd be really easy to do. I can also simply distract her and diminish all of her fears while she's getting them if we want to keep her conscience. Tell her stories of Princess Katie while she's getting the shot." Serge said agreeing with the idea.

Anja wrote:"Many of them are like spaceships that travel the spirit world, others look like old frigates or other designs, while some of them are simple and utilitarian."
Bruce said and smiled.
"Some of them are big but as Primium are hard to make most of them are somewhat small."

"These things are made of Primium?" Serge said in an interested voice. "Doesn't that stuff disable magick? Or was it only magick that hits it....actually that would make for a pretty good armor."

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Oh, useful.' Nicole quipped sarcastically. 'I wonder if they've even met a black person? That is, in a position of actual equality.'

"Would love to see their brains implode when they meet a sexist black person. Or a racist gay guy. Or a homophobic women. Who are they suppose to defend? What are they suppose to do? Boooom." Serge said humorously making the head exploding gesture with his hands.

Nicole wrote:'Why would you know?' she replied evenly. 'Not like it's really covered in the media, you'd encountered anyone from there yourself or anything. The average person knows more about how they lived in the old West or Puritan days than how folk across down to.'

"Good point." Serge admitted. "You'd have to actually go outside and see the world. And we've established that's not my strongest trait."

Nicole wrote:'Heh... was tempted to wrap a wrench around his head.' Nicole replied, clearly amused by the drawing. 'But they're the fuckers who'll go online and do shit reviews. The amount of times they'll be straight up "give me what I want or I'll tell you a bunch of lies".'

"Probably already left a review complaining about how your 'too expensive' or 'unreceptive of customer feedback' or something like that." Serge said placing the drawing back on the table and making some alteration to it, erasing and redrawing several parts as he continued to talk. "Where do you work? I'll leave you guys a positive review. It wouldn't even be that much of a lie. I've seen what you can do."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:47 pm

"Sure thing. My money is on Mr. Wainwright. All the way. How about you?" Serge said confidently.

"Yes unfortunately I will have to bet on Colin as well so we might have a problem finding someone to bet against us."
Bruce said sounding amusing.
"But when he wins we can always buy one another a beer."

"Thankfully it doesn't matter if Miss Rozzo accepts it or not. She can believe whatever she wants too. What matters is getting others to see past hear fear-mongering and to show an alternative side to the arguments she presented to them."

"Agreed, but for as long as Bee is weakened I would prefer if everyone around her where fully vaccinated but I guess Master Nassa can heal any illness she might contract, It would be best if we could talk Miss Rozzo into getting vaccinated as well but that she stop scaring the other Chantry members will do it."
The Orphan agreed.

"Right, I know that. Still shocking to hear." Serge said still in a little surprised. "I doubt she'll go down the same path as Jace. She's too nice."

"Perhaps Wallace Jace was nice when he was a kid as well."
Bruce said darkly.
"I have faith Master Haagen will not let Cava go down that path though."

"Than's an idea! And it'd be really easy to do. I can also simply distract her and diminish all of her fears while she's getting them if we want to keep her conscience. Tell her stories of Princess Katie while she's getting the shot." Serge said agreeing with the idea.

"That is also a possibility yes depending on Master Haagen's wishes and the girl's. Richard can probably make sure she will feel no pain as well, so it will not be a scary experience for her, then I hope the alchemist will be less reluctant."
The Artificer agreed.

"These things are made of Primium?" Serge said in an interested voice. "Doesn't that stuff disable magick? Or was it only magick that hits it....actually that would make for a pretty good armor."

"No it don't just reflect magick it dampen it, so it probably are harder to cast spells inside of a Primium ship but it is also allot harder for the critters found in the Umbra to simply eat the ship, that is why yes most Umbal ships are made with a Primium hull, not all of them but most, it can witstand what can be found in the void between worlds."
Bruce explained.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:23 pm

"I think that if you have managed to communicate with Miss Florentine Mr Roth Hicks then those attempts should continue you might be able to get something useful out of her. Well we do know a few cases where we know that someone have Fallen to attempt to save others and their widderslaintes have been able to resist their destructive urges but I am not sure we have enough examples to draw a conclusion Mr Roth Hicks."

"To be fair, it is not as if it the subject were pursued beyond the logical means of using it to find them. I cannot be the one to seal the room, otherwise it will not work when i speak. My voice will cut through it like a hot knife does butter. I know Colin's scrambling rote seems to help," he suggested, and waited to see who would help him out.

"I was a Void Engineer in the Union Mr Roth Hicks not a Virtual Adept."
Cita admitted.
"But I was a personal friend of Rodger Zachery, and when the Adepts left, knowing I had become disillusioned with the Union he sent me a communication inviting me to join the exodus and I accepted, he initiated me into the Virtual Adepts that first day that we ran so I am fully legal, I was a full member of the the Virtual Adepts when we accepted Dr Spence's amnesty, in case you where worried about it."

"Not worried so much as confused. You were going to be executed because you knew how to work with spirits?"

"I have had a chance to examine a few Founts belonging to senior magi, and they truly behave and function much differently than an Avatar."
Cita commented.

He nodded. "Perhaps we are looking at things backwards. From the perspective of a spirit, they are what they do and time is not an important aspect of them unless for avatars when they are joined with a host and can experience it with us. If the nature of the avatar somehow changed from Font to what they are sometimes like now, and we do not quite know the reasons though paradox may be part of it, then these spirits would not have a job to do so to speak. Perhaps they returned to their original plane of existence until they were needed again, or found their job elsewhere. This is entirely speculation, of course. But then the same crux remains as to why did the avatars as we know them now shift..."

"Agreed."

"Yes, it was a surprise. That man has...done strange, terrible and vile things but the girl seems untouched by it all and I do hope it stays that way."

"No it don't just reflect magick it dampen it, so it probably are harder to cast spells inside of a Primium ship but it is also allot harder for the critters found in the Umbra to simply eat the ship, that is why yes most Umbal ships are made with a Primium hull, not all of them but most, it can witstand what can be found in the void between worlds."

'I saw a ship that was a tree, before," he said, thoughtfully. "However, since ephemeral beings eat...well, ephemera or energy like Quintessence, stronger ones could be attracted to something like a large ship if it weren't protected." He supposed driving the car on the road in the umbra may have been a lot more dangerous if it hadn't been just about abandoned of spirits at the time. 'And it does make good armor, but it makes it harder for the person to cast their own magick."

// you may have missed my reply post, Nic-p (or just not gotten to it yet, if the latter nm)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:48 pm

"Yes, it was a surprise. That man has...done strange, terrible and vile things but the girl seems untouched by it all and I do hope it stays that way."

"It makes me wonder why Jace created Cava, what did he want wit a little girl clone of himself?"
Bruce asked with a grunt.

"To be fair, it is not as if it the subject were pursued beyond the logical means of using it to find them. I cannot be the one to seal the room, otherwise it will not work when i speak. My voice will cut through it like a hot knife does butter. I know Colin's scrambling rote seems to help," he suggested, and waited to see who would help him out.

"I think I might be able to fix that Mr Roth Hicks."
Cita said as she pulled up her lap top an started writing.
"Ok having Mr Wainwright's scramblers going as well is probably a good idea, however even with your voice I assume there is a limit for how far it will be heard."
She said as she started a program.
"Along with a general ward against magickal scrying, the distance inside the walls on all side of this room, and the roof and floor as well is about five miles, please let me know if you wish to leave so I can end the effect before the door is opened."
The spirit healer said and grinned a little.
"I doubt anyone will be able to overhear our conversation."

"Not worried so much as confused. You were going to be executed because you knew how to work with spirits?"

"Yeah the Technocracy do not allow it's members to work with spirits, they have something they call Dimensional Science, which is limited but allow for things like traveling in the Umbra, to learn anything of what the Traditions call the Sphere of Spirit past that is a capital offense, but the Void Engineers do not adhere to that and ignore the rules in that regard."
Cita said and sigh.
"So yes my former Convention sentenced me to death for learning to work with the Sphere of Spirit past what is allowed but the Void Engineers saved me before I could be...terminated."

He nodded. "Perhaps we are looking at things backwards. From the perspective of a spirit, they are what they do and time is not an important aspect of them unless for avatars when they are joined with a host and can experience it with us. If the nature of the avatar somehow changed from Font to what they are sometimes like now, and we do not quite know the reasons though paradox may be part of it, then these spirits would not have a job to do so to speak. Perhaps they returned to their original plane of existence until they were needed again, or found their job elsewhere. This is entirely speculation, of course. But then the same crux remains as to why did the avatars as we know them now shift..."

"If we can even call the Psycopomps spirits the way we know the term. Your speculation are interesting though and that might indeed be it, but we do not know, no one knows whee the Psycopomps are or why they left, all we know is that without them the joining between Avatar and host have become imperfect, and for good and ill we now hear their voices rather than them just being a part of use that give us magickal abilities."
Cita said and nodded.
"Some say Master Teomim knew, some say they wrote about Psycopomps in their grimoire but as that to is lost, it is hard to know what they might have known."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:22 pm

"It makes me wonder why Jace created Cava, what did he want wit a little girl clone of himself?"

"My guess is as a backup body."

"I think I might be able to fix that Mr Roth Hicks."
"Ok having Mr Wainwright's scramblers going as well is probably a good idea, however even with your voice I assume there is a limit for how far it will be heard."

"Hrm, last time I tried to see how far it got it went down the entire hallway. That was before I...progressed somewhat, I believe..."

"Yeah the Technocracy do not allow it's members to work with spirits, they have something they call Dimensional Science, which is limited but allow for things like traveling in the Umbra, to learn anything of what the Traditions call the Sphere of Spirit past that is a capital offense, but the Void Engineers do not adhere to that and ignore the rules in that regard."
Cita said and sigh.
"So yes my former Convention sentenced me to death for learning to work with the Sphere of Spirit past what is allowed but the Void Engineers saved me before I could be...terminated."

"I see. Why? If they know that spirits do exist, then why is it forbidden? It would seem they are ignoring a rather large chunk of reality, until they can get it to go away...yet it's persisted before they existed."

"If we can even call the Psycopomps spirits the way we know the term. Your speculation are interesting though and that might indeed be it, but we do not know, no one knows whee the Psycopomps are or why they left, all we know is that without them the joining between Avatar and host have become imperfect, and for good and ill we now hear their voices rather than them just being a part of use that give us magickal abilities."

"That's true...which means if we're to bring one we better damn know what we're dealing with...as for imperfection...how do we know it's imperfect now? This relationship we can now build upon seems to me much more developed than something that is just a part of us...but I do suppose it is less whole, even if it may be more...hrm, it's like now we can communicate with them and they us, at least some may. And in order to do that, they had to be separate somewhat from us, and not just a part of us. If we talked to our toe, then our toe would not give us much answer."

"Some say Master Teomim knew, some say they wrote about Psycopomps in their grimoire but as that to is lost, it is hard to know what they might have known."

He raised an eyebrow at her. "Er...who said that?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:59 pm

"My guess is as a backup body."

"As disturbing as that is, I suspect that you are right Adley."
Bruce said and frowned.

"Hrm, last time I tried to see how far it got it went down the entire hallway. That was before I...progressed somewhat, I believe..."

"I doubt you can be heard five miles Mr Roth Hicks but just in case perhaps it is best if you use your tablet for more...sensitive topics."
Cita said as she regarded Adley.

"I see. Why? If they know that spirits do exist, then why is it forbidden? It would seem they are ignoring a rather large chunk of reality, until they can get it to go away...yet it's persisted before they existed."

"For exactly that reason, to ignore something, force it out o reality until it go away and for control over it's own operatives."
"They can relate to spirits in the Umbra as transdimentional entities and that is all that is allowed."

"That's true...which means if we're to bring one we better damn know what we're dealing with..

"I am not sure we can know what we are dealing with when it comes to the Psycopomps Mr Roth Hicks."
Cita said and sigh.

how do we know it's imperfect now? This relationship we can now build upon seems to me much more developed than something that is just a part of us...but I do suppose it is less whole, even if it may be more...hrm, it's like now we can communicate with them and they us, at least some may. And in order to do that, they had to be separate somewhat from us, and not just a part of us. If we talked to our toe, then our toe would not give us much answer."

"They talk to us now Mr Roth Hicks, because they have to. A Fount do not have to speak, not unless the host completely fall of his or her path though insanity or some other cruel fate, for what the Avatar wish to learn it have been taken to a host with the same goals as it, who will naturally face the challenges needed, and so it can just be a part of the host with no need to talk, a perfect bond."
The Virtual Adept explained.

He raised an eyebrow at her. "Er...who said that?"

"Master Porthos have mentioned it, that Master Teomim worked with the psycopomps or at least studied them."
She replied.
"It is said no one where a greater expert on Avatars than Master Teomim, and some said he worked on a ritual to join with a psycopomp, to become one with one of them,whatever it is true or not though, well that is another matter."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:30 pm

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'If everyone runs, know someone worked it out, they will.' Nicole replied. 'Plus, how the hell are you going to tell them?' shooting a glance over towards the trailer.

Anja's Post:

'Have to move quick then... any usual time they show? And how many?'

Anja's Post:

'Know any way to get hold of Strawberry very quickly? Or any others? Could do with another body or two.'

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Hmm... retreat very quickly to their bell-jar, methinks. Which is usual when such folks encounter that pesky thing called "reality".'

Serge's Post:

'And that's the problem. What you gonna do; head to the Projects with a camera and notebook?' giving a wry smile. 'Nobody likes a tourist, 'specially one who's come to gawk at "poverty porn".'

Serge's Post:

'Thanks, but no need. We stand on our rep, and it's mainly "word of mouth", not online.'

[Can I make a waitress appear to order food, or do you wish to do it, Great One?]

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Looks like that anyways, so I didn't do nothing.' the large woman replied, a little sulkily.

Adley's Post:

'Best to leave it, then. Music is very... personal. Though ripping music off CD's is usually cheaper than downloading. Well, legitimate downloading.'

A silence as Nicole navigated a rather snarled junction; once clear gave a little snort. 'Take it you're from Providence, then?'

[Ran out of time to answer earlier...]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:55 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"Yes unfortunately I will have to bet on Colin as well so we might have a problem finding someone to bet against us."

"Sure thing." Serge said with a smile. "But you know what...your right. That is a boring answer. I'm not gonna change my bet or anything but how about this? As a side...let's say prediction...if Mr. Wainwright doesn't win then I'll also say that neither will win the debate. Neither side will give in and it'll end in a stalemate."

Anja wrote:"Agreed, but for as long as Bee is weakened I would prefer if everyone around her where fully vaccinated but I guess Master Nassa can heal any illness she might contract, It would be best if we could talk Miss Rozzo into getting vaccinated as well but that she stop scaring the other Chantry members will do it."
The Orphan agreed.
Adley wrote:"Agreed."

"Talk to her...force her into a debate duel. Either way works." Serge said with a nod of agreement.

Anja wrote:"Perhaps Wallace Jace was nice when he was a kid as well."
Bruce said darkly.

"He won't. He's a pretty cool dude." Serge agreed.

Adley wrote:"Yes, it was a surprise. That man has...done strange, terrible and vile things but the girl seems untouched by it all and I do hope it stays that way."

"Yeah. She seemed completely normal when we were playing together in Rosa's room." Serge said trying to recall how exactly he had felt when he had met Cava.

Anja wrote:"It makes me wonder why Jace created Cava, what did he want wit a little girl clone of himself?"
Adley wrote:"My guess is as a backup body."
Anja wrote:"As disturbing as that is, I suspect that you are right Adley."
Bruce said and frowned.

Serge nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that's the most common use of mad scientist clones. Either that or creating an army of himself or bodies for his freaky spirit people to inhabit."

Anja wrote:"No it don't just reflect magick it dampen it, so it probably are harder to cast spells inside of a Primium ship but it is also allot harder for the critters found in the Umbra to simply eat the ship, that is why yes most Umbal ships are made with a Primium hull, not all of them but most, it can witstand what can be found in the void between worlds."
Bruce explained.
Adley wrote:'I saw a ship that was a tree, before," he said, thoughtfully. "However, since ephemeral beings eat...well, ephemera or energy like Quintessence, stronger ones could be attracted to something like a large ship if it weren't protected." He supposed driving the car on the road in the umbra may have been a lot more dangerous if it hadn't been just about abandoned of spirits at the time. 'And it does make good armor, but it makes it harder for the person to cast their own magick."

"A tree! Oh please tell it was a Verbana ship. That would make so much thematic sense." Serge said hoping it was true but bracing himself in case it wasn't.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Hmm... retreat very quickly to their bell-jar, methinks. Which is usual when such folks encounter that pesky thing called "reality".'

"This feels like a personal attack against me now." Serge said nervously.

Nicole wrote:'And that's the problem. What you gonna do; head to the Projects with a camera and notebook?' giving a wry smile. 'Nobody likes a tourist, 'specially one who's come to gawk at "poverty porn".'

"That kinda sounds like a school project. 'Alright kids! Go find people who are less fortunate than you and ask them some interview questions!'" Serge said mimicking the voice of a high-pitched school teacher. "God I hated projects like that."

Nicole wrote:'Thanks, but no need. We stand on our rep, and it's mainly "word of mouth", not online.'

"You'd be surprised by how fast and far words from my mouth can travel." Serge said vaguely as he placed the finishing touches on the drawing.

The edited drawing now featured a cartoon version of Nicole bashing the previously seen ugly hipster upside the head with a comically large wrench. The word 'POW' could be seen over dramatically drawn springing out of the hipster's head where the weapon made impact.

"But those kinds of customer's are rare right? Most of you clientele have to have some amount of sense and decency."

Last edited by Jeremy Silverstein on Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : how did I miss that!)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:54 am

((OOC: Pleh, wanted to post earlier, but have a nasty head cold. Feeling a bit better now, so reading comprehension is at least approaching acceptable levels...))

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Anja wrote:"The question is are there anything that can be argued to make the Council spare Miss Clearwater?"
Bruce said and frowned.
"She is a full Nephanus after all."
Colin frowned, "There is one legal precedent of which I am aware, and that is a certain Spirit Master in Chicago, one Master Ir, who surrendered to the Traditions, and whose Avatar... butchered half a dozen Spirit Masters in self defense. That precedent will be what Anna relies on for her trial, as she cannot be safely... well... if it can be adequately proven that an Avatar is strong and willful enough to lash back at anyone tampering with it, that might be enough. Short of that, we'll need to prove her Avatar is not Fallen. It's certainly a tall order either way..."

S7trif3 wrote:"The reasons the Traditions came together is sound, there is already the Council of Nine. I do not disagree there could be some work done to improve the current system, but stripping it wholesale will simply give the Nephandi and the Technocracy all the leeway they need to eradicate us."
Anja wrote:"Exactly what the Traditions give us is safety in numbers and without a strng central leadership that is not going to count for much, hell even in smaller units like a Cabal I prefer to have one leader, not to act as a tyrant but to help sort out disputes and make the har choices when they have to be ade but for smaller groups softer forms of leadership can work but for a society, no I do not think that would work."
Bruce said and he shook his head.
He nodded, "At this point, we cannot afford to break down the old to build anew; strategies that work for small groups are often only effective for small groups, and break down utterly when small groups come together to form something greater. It's the very reason a pyramid-shaped hierarchy is the only way to structure a country, a corporation, or other large bureaucratic organization if there's any intent to have a lasting structure."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I would not what that serum used on me, shit but the stuff look like green snot."
Bruce said with disgust in his eyes.
He grimaced, "More like molten wine gum. And a little less pleasant."

Jeremy wrote:"But man, wouldn't that be a power move. Challenging and beating a Verbana in a knife fight. She'd have to concede defeat and give up what she's doing." Serge said with a sigh. "But I get what your saying. Unless Mr. Wainwright had some low key hidden knife skills challenging her to a knife fight probably isn't the smarted idea."
Anja wrote:"It would be a power move however if it do not work out and Colin is not good enough with a nife then he will have his ass handed to him by a teenage girl which is less of a power move, for a debate though that is where Colin shines and no one can claim it is nto fair as Miss Rozzo is also given a chance to put forth her views."
Jeremy wrote:"Sure thing. My money is on Mr. Wainwright. All the way. How about you?" Serge said confidently.
Anja wrote:"Yes unfortunately I will have to bet on Colin as well so we might have a problem finding someone to bet against us."
He grinned wryly, "Challenging to a knife duel would be an intimidation move more than a power move; I am not particularly well trained with knives, and I don't know how well Miss Rozzo is trained with them, so it would be a gamble where I had no feel for the odds. I may be stronger and more agile than her, but that only counts for so much against skill... And if you buy one another a beer after the duel, please, at least make it something that's not sex in a canoe."

Jeremy wrote:"Sure thing." Serge said with a smile. "But you know what...your right. That is a boring answer. I'm not gonna change my bet but how about this? As a side...let's say prediction...I'll also say that neither will win the debate. Neither side will give in and it'll end in a stalemate."
He grinned, "I'd take that wager, Bruce - the debate will be arbitrated, after all, and whether or not one party decides to give in will be irrelevant to whether the Deacons consider either point adequately argued and argument upheld..."

Jeremy wrote:"A one on one debate is where Mr. Wainwright shines right? That sounds like the perfect duel for this kind of thing. Even if he doesn't convince the Deacon council outright he can still convince a load of other people to the other side." Serge agreed, although he secretly wanted to see that knife fight.
S7trif3 wrote:"Exactly," he nodded to Serge.
Anja wrote:"A debate might be easier to sell before the Deacon Council than something from a fantasy movie and it would probably be considered more fair."
The Artificer commented.
Anja wrote:"Sometimes hard, ingrained beliefs can be hard to change but indeed a debate might change the mind of others who hear it, including those at Riverside if we invite them...so that might add to the herd immunity even if it might be hard to get Miss Rozzo herself to accept vaccines."
Bruce agreed.
Jeremy wrote:"Thankfully it doesn't matter if Miss Rozzo accepts it or not. She can believe whatever she wants too. What matters is getting others to see past hear fear-mongering and to show an alternative side to the arguments she presented to them."
Anja wrote:"Agreed, but for as long as Bee is weakened I would prefer if everyone around her where fully vaccinated but I guess Master Nassa can heal any illness she might contract, It would be best if we could talk Miss Rozzo into getting vaccinated as well but that she stop scaring the other Chantry members will do it."
The Orphan agreed.
S7trif3 wrote:"Agreed."
Jeremy wrote:"Talk to her...force her into a debate duel. Either way works." Serge said with a nod of agreement.
He chuckled, "I suppose a battle of wits with two poisoned goblets would be a bit of a tall order in any case... but when it comes to battling anti-vaccine bullshit, I do believe I have quite the arsenal in stock. Unlike Miss Rozzo, I can provide hard evidence through simple scryings across space and time to show what things looked like without vaccines, in case the Deacons need a reminder... One shouldn't trust everything one reads on the internet, but on a headstone, well..."

Anja wrote:"Cava is a clone of Wallace Jace, part of me is horrified and part o me is impressed by theman's former abilities, I hear his meeting with Horizon was rather...final."
Jeremy wrote:"Cava...was related to....no was....Wal-what!" Serge said in a voice of disbelief and the tiniest hint of anger. Flashes of the fae Deaconess and a thorn-hearted girl in a flower field flowed through his head, but he quickly brushed them aside. Even if that was what the Deaconess was referring to, now wasn't the time to decipher old riddles.

Anja wrote:"Cava is a normal girl, it is not her fault she was created as a clone, and I guess that if everything that made Wallace Jace go down the wrong path happens to her that might bring her down a dangerous road as well but if she is raised well she will be a sweet kid but with his talent."
Bruce said.
Jeremy wrote:"Right, I know that. Still shocking to hear." Serge said still in a little surprised. "I doubt she'll go down the same path as Jace. She's too nice."
Anja wrote:"Perhaps Wallace Jace was nice when he was a kid as well."
Bruce said darkly.
Jeremy wrote:"He won't. He's a pretty cool dude." Serge agreed.
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, it was a surprise. That man has...done strange, terrible and vile things but the girl seems untouched by it all and I do hope it stays that way."
Jeremy wrote:"Yeah. She seemed completely normal when we were playing together in Rosa's room." Serge said trying to recall how exactly he had felt when he had met Cava.
He nodded, "Cava is a normal girl, independent of Wallace Jace. She was conceived by his hand, certainly, but the girl's mother managed to escape and hide with a Chantry to protect the unborn child, and Jace never found them again, and apparently never even found out that the girl had been born and lived."

Jeremy wrote:"I don't think convincing Master Haagan will be too hard, especially if Mr. Wainwright does it. He wants what's best for his apprentices and if we can get him to see past the fear-mongering I'm sure he'll turn around."
Anja wrote:"Well what seamed to worry him the post was the number of vaccines, Miss Rozzo spoke of the percentage of kids traumatized by multiple injections but perhaps we can alliviate his fear that this will scare his apprentice, is there any chance you can offer to make the kid sleep for ten minutes so she can just have a nice drem and experience noting of it that might make Master Haagen more willing to listen."
Bruce said.
Jeremy wrote:"Than's an idea! And it'd be really easy to do. I can also simply distract her and diminish all of her fears while she's getting them if we want to keep her conscience. Tell her stories of Princess Katie while she's getting the shot." Serge said agreeing with the idea.
Anja wrote:"That is also a possibility yes depending on Master Haagen's wishes and the girl's. Richard can probably make sure she will feel no pain as well, so it will not be a scary experience for her, then I hope the alchemist will be less reluctant."
The Artificer agreed.
Anja wrote:"It makes me wonder why Jace created Cava, what did he want wit a little girl clone of himself?"
S7trif3 wrote:"My guess is as a backup body."
Anja wrote:"As disturbing as that is, I suspect that you are right Adley."
Bruce said and frowned.
Jeremy wrote:Serge nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that's the most common use of mad scientist clones. Either that or creating an army of himself."
He grinned, "I like your idea, Mr. Yager - a picture book with Princess Katie getting her much-needed vaccines before traveling to strange new places could even be a bestseller to concerned parents. As for Jace's reasons - he was a Progenitor; I'd wager he wanted Cava as a perfect organ donor for himself as he aged; perhaps not a replacement body, but a fresh supply of spare parts..."

Anja wrote:"I have no idea why the Deaconess O'Conner have agreedto the vaccinations she might have seen something or she might have agreed to it because her unicorn said so, but it do appear like she did."
The Artificer said and shrugged.
He smiled wryly, "Question not the Deaconess' decisions, but appreciate them as they are..."

Jeremy wrote:"Comparable to mundane aircraft? Boo...their suppose to be giant cool magickal magick ships." Serge said with a chuckle, as he ripped off a page in his notepad and placed it next to the diagram on the table. The ship, he drew was remarkably similar to the one on the table, except Serge had felt the need to decorate it considerably. The new drawing had expressive decals on the outside of the ship and had extra wings and thrusters in aesthetically pleasing but aerodynamically inefficient places.

"You said this was a copy right? Do you mind if I keep this?" he asked pointing to the diagram on the table.
Anja wrote:"Many of them are like spaceships that travel the spirit world, others look like old frigates or other designs, while some of them are simple and utilitarian."
Bruce said and smiled.
Jeremy wrote:"These things are made of Primium?" Serge said in an interested voice. "Doesn't that stuff disable magick? Or was it only magick that hits it....actually that would make for a pretty good armor."
Anja wrote:"No it don't just reflect magick it dampen it, so it probably are harder to cast spells inside of a Primium ship but it is also allot harder for the critters found in the Umbra to simply eat the ship, that is why yes most Umbal ships are made with a Primium hull, not all of them but most, it can witstand what can be found in the void between worlds."
Bruce explained.
S7trif3 wrote:'I saw a ship that was a tree, before," he said, thoughtfully. "However, since ephemeral beings eat...well, ephemera or energy like Quintessence, stronger ones could be attracted to something like a large ship if it weren't protected." He supposed driving the car on the road in the umbra may have been a lot more dangerous if it hadn't been just about abandoned of spirits at the time. 'And it does make good armor, but it makes it harder for the person to cast their own magick."
Jeremy wrote:"A tree! Oh please tell it was a Verbana ship. That would make so much thematic sense." Serge said hoping it was true but bracing himself in case it wasn't.
He grinned, "Comparable to mundane aircraft in distribution, not design or capabilities. And certainly, feel free to rip out the page; there's a small perforated line near the spine. As for Primium, it does hamper magic when in direct contact with a Mage - but it can be overcome with training, and most Umbral ships don't have direct contact between the outer skin of the craft and the people within. In fact... hum... hold on..."
He went over to a drawer and dug around a bit, before pulling out a single bullet, without casing and neatly polished, "Bruce, I believe you wanted one of these, but I forgot to give it to you earlier. Mr. Yager, this is a Primium bullet, dug out of a dead Nephandus and thoroughly cleaned afterwards."
He casually flicked it across the table, "Feel for yourself what it's like to touch the precious metal, and give it to Bruce afterwards."
He grinned, "And yes, the Pride of the Black Forest is indeed a Verbena ship."

[Nicole's apartment, 7PM Thursday, October 1st]
Nicole wrote:'Shit... that's a story which I've gotta hear. Have to be later, though...'
He nodded, "It's the sort of long story that should require a couple of stouts and a pair of comfy chairs in front of the campfire... but certainly, later. There's a fair bit of temporal shenanigans and trickery involved, too; if it were in a movie, it would have to be liberally lampshaded..."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"Yeah birds of prey look at ratkin and those of us with ratkin blood like we are a tasty meal."
The man with the eye problem said and shuddered.
"And cats also give me the creeps."
Nicole wrote:'Or that bird simply has it in for me.'
Anja wrote:"Off course he do, he have his instincts and probably think you are delicious."
Jonsey the kid with the eye problem said sourly.
He nodded, "I will have a word with Jareth about it. He might not understand fully, but he does understand when he's going to get into trouble for mischief, and when he's going to get away with it..."

Anja wrote:"Well that sounds nice sort of but I have to admit I do not really know much Latin an shit, I dropped out of the first year of high school, I had to get out of there."
Trina said and shrugged.
He nodded, "Not a unique story... unfortunately."

Anja wrote:"But when they find those wards they will know and then we are dead."
Trina said fearfully.
"Medical help...would be welcome, yeah it happens that someone cut themselves or stepped on shit or something and then they get sick, real sick and have trouble breathing and they shake and have cramps and shit it is scary."
The blond girl said but she still looked wary of gifts and offers of help.
He shrugged, "Depends on the wards... some can be made to alert someone far away, like an infrared beam used as a tripwire... And the doctor I have in mind can be trusted with your lives and dignities. He's an excellent healer, going beyond school medicine... let's leave it at that for now."

Anja wrote:The three teenagers gave you a terrified look and then glanced at Nicole.
Anja wrote:Trina gave you a scared look at your reaction and her friend whispered in a hushed tone while looking around to see if anyone where listening.
"Y...you can't do nothing to upset them...they will kill us all they...made an example out of Camilla a few weeks back and she did not even know what they where she just refused to comply any longer...shit...what if they find out we have talked with you or that we are knfolk...we would be dead!"
The blond girl said and she got so terrified she started crying, Trina put an arm around the other teenager but they to looked scared.
Nicole wrote:'Then get ready to run from this place.' Nicole replied, drawing herself up. 'But it now has something bigger to worry about. Me. Dealt with their kind before, I have.' speaking softly, trying to exude an aura of confidence; that she knew their kind and was not scared.

'Avoid this place during the night, 'till this issue has been dealt with. Time for me to call in some... favours.'
Anja wrote:"Really and you survived?"
Trina said and she sounded really impressed.
"Yeah I guess we have no choice but to flee, but us three are the only ones who know what is going on...I mean the bastards even go after the children, slowly killing those here it do nto feel right to just abandon the rest."
She commented.
Nicole wrote:'If everyone runs, know someone worked it out, they will.' Nicole replied. 'Plus, how the hell are you going to tell them?' shooting a glance over towards the trailer.
Anja wrote:"Yeah but it will be harder to convince the others to leave, all know about the strange men and that if we do not cooperate we vanish but...everyone are scared, that those men will find us if we leave, a group tried to leave a few weeks ago and one of them returned telling what ha happened to the others."
Trina muttered and looked down and shuddered.
Nicole wrote:'Have to move quick then... any usual time they show? And how many?'
He soured for a moment, then nodded to Nicole, "She's right, these individuals have to be dealt with... it is not right that you have to live as frightened prey in an artificial hunting ground. What's more, I know a little about these things, too, and as I understand it, there are a couple of major factions among them, as there are among Magi - and the faction in charge here have what we call a Law of Shade, which means that they're to be subtle, and not let people know about them. What you describe is unsubtle by every relevant definition, which means that whoever is going around here are lawbreakers. Which means that it is in the interest of the leadership to have the whole affair quieted down quickly, by removing these rogues from the equation... And seeing as there are minors involved, I'm going to take this personally, too - I've been in war before, and this behaviour constitutes a war crime... Hiding and trying to not attract attention will not help you, only embolden them. So, we're going to do a little recon, intel gathering, and then we'll clean up. And we'll do our damned best to make sure nobody gets caught in the crossfire."

((OOC: Manipulation+Leadership: 3,6,7,0 - these kids'll either help, or hide, and they won't be judged either way, but Colin will see these vampiric predators ended permanently, even if he has to walk up to the Prince and twist his ear or make a few animated torches of vampire-fueled Primal Fire. Razz ))

S7trif3 wrote:"If we're to convince anyone, we are going to need to be standing on very solid ground on the matter. It is harder in her case, as she is a full Nephandus, whether we wish it or not, or whether she wishes it or not. It limits our time but we do need to have an answer."
Anja wrote:Cita nodded at that and she sigh.
"I am afraid it do not look good, even with Colin's apprentice Anna she would have been sentenced to Gilgul if she had not been so physically weak that trying to enact such a traumatic punishment would likely kill her during the ritual and then you would have a wounded, angry Avatar pulled from the Host an now freed from it to deal with and nobody want that."
The spirit healer said.
"So she is spared but just that she is a child and where lured into joining the Nephandi as a kid would not be enough, unless we have something solid to present the Council with they will not spare Cadence Clearwater, and adult who joined the Fallen."
He nodded, "As I mentioned at our Cabal meeting earlier, the precedent is there for Avatars who are too directly dangerous to tamper with - such as that of Master Ir, Anna... and previously that of Mattea Carlyle. As Master Tolle pointed out, having been in a Caul is not illegal, being Fallen is... which means that we'd have to prove Miss Clearwater as either not Fallen, or as too dangerous to touch."

S7trif3 wrote:"Vampire meditations? Hrm...do you think that would help with the...urges? If so perhaps Kyle will want to know about that. As for Ms Florintine, I have occasionally been able to communicate via sign language with her, I'm very slow and limited but she at least responded. Sometimes she is more present than others, but I will continue to see if she will speak with me."As for myself...I suspect that sometimes, if the reason they went through the caul was to save another, and if they were given a good upbringing, there may be some way to help them. Aside from what we suspect relating to Ms Florintine," he said carefully, "there have been other bits and pieces, but it has yet to come together for me. The last one is this book on the Umbra..." he held it up, the spine showing it was written by Lady Crexia. "If we're going to talk about anything more sensitive in a concrete fashion than that though, the room might need to be sealed."
He nodded, "The purpose for the vampire's meditation is specifically to control the Beast, instead of the other way around - and it will be less physically demanding than Miss Florentine's method, which is why Anna will have to rely on it. I should like a look at Lady Crexia's book, though... heh, might make Steelhaven Hall a little wealthier if we could convince her to autograph it when she visits..."

Anja wrote:"I think that if you have managed to communicate with Miss Florentine Mr Roth Hicks then those attempts should continue you might be able to get something useful out of her. Well we do know a few cases where we know that someone have Fallen to attempt to save others and their widderslaintes have been able to resist their destructive urges but I am not sure we have enough examples to draw a conclusion Mr Roth Hicks."
S7trif3 wrote:"To be fair, it is not as if it the subject were pursued beyond the logical means of using it to find them. I cannot be the one to seal the room, otherwise it will not work when i speak. My voice will cut through it like a hot knife does butter. I know Colin's scrambling rote seems to help," he suggested, and waited to see who would help him out.
Anja wrote:"I think I might be able to fix that Mr Roth Hicks."
"Along with a general ward against magickal scrying, the distance inside the walls on all side of this room, and the roof and floor as well is about five miles, please let me know if you wish to leave so I can end the effect before the door is opened."
The spirit healer said and grinned a little.
"I doubt anyone will be able to overhear our conversation."
S7trif3 wrote:"Hrm, last time I tried to see how far it got it went down the entire hallway. That was before I...progressed somewhat, I believe..."
Anja wrote:"I doubt you can be heard five miles Mr Roth Hicks but just in case perhaps it is best if you use your tablet for more...sensitive topics."
He nodded and pulled out his twisted wand, quickly going through the evasive pattern in the air and pointing toward each wall, the ceiling, and the floor, "I'll put up the scrambler - it won't silence Adley's voice, but anyone trying to listen in won't make out a single coherent phrase."

((OOC: Arete rolls for the scrambler - 5,6,6 - 8,0,0... good luck understanding anything through the walls. Very Happy ))

Anja wrote:Cita hesitated then she gently opened the bag of sand an touched it, there was a slight smile on her face.
S7trif3 wrote:He listned to Cita as she related her memory, one eyebrow raised. It was one thing to know that she was a former Technocrat, another to hear the moment she became one as if it were happening right then. "I would like to see this sand also, Colin as I've not really got the chance. Can you tell us more about where it comes from?" he asked, wanting to make sure he had the whole story of it.
Anja wrote:"I was a Void Engineer in the Union Mr Roth Hicks not a Virtual Adept."
Cita admitted.
S7trif3 wrote:"Not worried so much as confused. You were going to be executed because you knew how to work with spirits?"
Anja wrote:"Yeah the Technocracy do not allow it's members to work with spirits, they have something they call Dimensional Science, which is limited but allow for things like traveling in the Umbra, to learn anything of what the Traditions call the Sphere of Spirit past that is a capital offense, but the Void Engineers do not adhere to that and ignore the rules in that regard."
Cita said and sigh.
S7trif3 wrote:"I see. Why? If they know that spirits do exist, then why is it forbidden? It would seem they are ignoring a rather large chunk of reality, until they can get it to go away...yet it's persisted before they existed."
Anja wrote:"For exactly that reason, to ignore something, force it out o reality until it go away and for control over it's own operatives."
"They can relate to spirits in the Umbra as transdimentional entities and that is all that is allowed."
He nodded, "It's much easier for the Union to dismiss something that does not exist..."
He smiled thinly, "It's good that you can enjoy a bit of reminiscing with the sand, though... Fallen individuals are less pleasantly affected by it. And the sand... will be excreted by Anna over the coming years, as she slowly unwrings her Avatar. She'll be rather embarrassed at sprinkling it everywhere, like on public transportation and such, but we'll be careful with collecting it as meticulously as can be done... it's a potent substance. Very painful for the Fallen when turned into ammunition..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Avatars were not always experienced the same way as they are now by their hosts, perhaps that plays a role as well?"
Anja wrote:"I have had a chance to examine a few Founts belonging to senior magi, and they truly behave and function much differently than an Avatar."
Cita commented.
S7trif3 wrote:He nodded. "Perhaps we are looking at things backwards. From the perspective of a spirit, they are what they do and time is not an important aspect of them unless for avatars when they are joined with a host and can experience it with us. If the nature of the avatar somehow changed from Font to what they are sometimes like now, and we do not quite know the reasons though paradox may be part of it, then these spirits would not have a job to do so to speak. Perhaps they returned to their original plane of existence until they were needed again, or found their job elsewhere. This is entirely speculation, of course. But then the same crux remains as to why did the avatars as we know them now shift..."
Anja wrote:"If we can even call the Psycopomps spirits the way we know the term. Your speculation are interesting though and that might indeed be it, but we do not know, no one knows whee the Psycopomps are or why they left, all we know is that without them the joining between Avatar and host have become imperfect, and for good and ill we now hear their voices rather than them just being a part of use that give us magickal abilities."
Cita said and nodded.
S7trif3 wrote:"That's true...which means if we're to bring one we better damn know what we're dealing with...as for imperfection...how do we know it's imperfect now? This relationship we can now build upon seems to me much more developed than something that is just a part of us...but I do suppose it is less whole, even if it may be more...hrm, it's like now we can communicate with them and they us, at least some may. And in order to do that, they had to be separate somewhat from us, and not just a part of us. If we talked to our toe, then our toe would not give us much answer."
Anja wrote:"I am not sure we can know what we are dealing with when it comes to the Psycopomps Mr Roth Hicks."
Cita said and sigh.
Anja wrote:"They talk to us now Mr Roth Hicks, because they have to. A Fount do not have to speak, not unless the host completely fall of his or her path though insanity or some other cruel fate, for what the Avatar wish to learn it have been taken to a host with the same goals as it, who will naturally face the challenges needed, and so it can just be a part of the host with no need to talk, a perfect bond."
S7trif3 wrote:He raised an eyebrow at her. "Er...who said that?"
Anja wrote:"Master Porthos have mentioned it, that Master Teomim worked with the psycopomps or at least studied them."
She replied.
"It is said no one where a greater expert on Avatars than Master Teomim, and some said he worked on a ritual to join with a psycopomp, to become one with one of them,whatever it is true or not though, well that is another matter."
He nodded, "I do believe the stories; Teomim achieved much that was only speculated on... unfortunately, it would not be safe for anyone to try to get to their Grimoire at this time, but I think the older ritual has a better than zero chance of success..."
He pondered, "As for the difference between Founts and Avatars... I'm not so certain as to how different the two are inherently - it would seem to me that it is the bond that is different, rather than the Avatar's nature; as evidence, I would name Lady Dalisse, of the Diedne, who had a Fount until Guernicus experimented on her and severed her connection for a time - her Avatar returned as a distinct entity with a nasty scar. And Louis DuMonte had a Fount, but frequently dreamed of sensing a blue obsidian dragon staring at him in his dreams - the same blue glass dragon that Anna now wants to be less lazy. These two specific cases would strongly imply that Avatars are not so changed from when they were Founts, but how seamlessly they merge with a Mage has changed, without the Psychopomps to carefully perform the perfect merging..."

S7trif3 wrote:"And then we shall see if it is wise to pursue trying it..."
Anja wrote:"Get me a list of what is needed Mr Wainwright and I will see what I can find on Horizon."
Cita offered.
He nodded, "I'll make sure you get a copy of the translation well before we act on it."

Anja wrote:"We are going to have to see, though perhaps we should try to get the help of oh...I think her name slips my mind but the Cultist psychiatrist that live in Boston, to help Susannah recover faster."
S7trif3 wrote:He frowned. "Yes, she will need help...it will take time for her to recover."
Anja wrote:"Yes I can not even imagine the poor girl's suffering, it will not be a easy road to recovery for her."
The Virtual Adept said softly.
He nodded, "...I can imagine her suffering. And I personally can't really think of anything I can do to help her directly; Dr. Boudavich, however, should be quite capable of finding the best approach... we might want to invite her to help out right after the transplantation is done."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:10 am

"As disturbing as that is, I suspect that you are right Adley."
Bruce said and frowned.

Serge nodded in agreement. "Yeah, that's the most common use of mad scientist clones. Either that or creating an army of himself or bodies for his freaky spirit people to inhabit."

"I hope that is not the case..."

He nodded, "Cava is a normal girl, independent of Wallace Jace. She was conceived by his hand, certainly, but the girl's mother managed to escape and hide with a Chantry to protect the unborn child, and Jace never found them again, and apparently never even found out that the girl had been born and lived."

He nodded.

"A tree! Oh please tell it was a Verbana ship. That would make so much thematic sense." Serge said hoping it was true but bracing himself in case it wasn't.
He grinned, "Comparable to mundane aircraft in distribution, not design or capabilities. And certainly, feel free to rip out the page; there's a small perforated line near the spine. As for Primium, it does hamper magic when in direct contact with a Mage - but it can be overcome with training, and most Umbral ships don't have direct contact between the outer skin of the craft and the people within. In fact... hum... hold on..."
He went over to a drawer and dug around a bit, before pulling out a single bullet, without casing and neatly polished, "Bruce, I believe you wanted one of these, but I forgot to give it to you earlier. Mr. Yager, this is a Primium bullet, dug out of a dead Nephandus and thoroughly cleaned afterwards."
He casually flicked it across the table, "Feel for yourself what it's like to touch the precious metal, and give it to Bruce afterwards."

He smiled a bit at his enthusiasm, even if how he 'met' the ship wasn't the best memory. Colin discussing the bullet's previous whereabouts however made him eye it with a slight frown. "I remember all of that...just days ago. It feels like a thousand years."

He nodded, "The purpose for the vampire's meditation is specifically to control the Beast, instead of the other way around - and it will be less physically demanding than Miss Florentine's method, which is why Anna will have to rely on it. I should like a look at Lady Crexia's book, though... heh, might make Steelhaven Hall a little wealthier if we could convince her to autograph it when she visits..."

"Here. I thought to study it to follow up on some leads we got from the friends that sent you with that missive, but I haven't quite gotten what I know is in there out of it yet. Story of my life so far..." He held the book out to him carefully.

"I doubt you can be heard five miles Mr Roth Hicks but just in case perhaps it is best if you use your tablet for more...sensitive topics."

"I really hope it is, at least when I'm not trying, otherwise I might have to move to the country."

He nodded and pulled out his twisted wand, quickly going through the evasive pattern in the air and pointing toward each wall, the ceiling, and the floor, "I'll put up the scrambler - it won't silence Adley's voice, but anyone trying to listen in won't make out a single coherent phrase."

"Thank you both."

He nodded, "It's much easier for the Union to dismiss something that does not exist..."
He smiled thinly, "It's good that you can enjoy a bit of reminiscing with the sand, though... Fallen individuals are less pleasantly affected by it. And the sand... will be excreted by Anna over the coming years, as she slowly unwrings her Avatar. She'll be rather embarrassed at sprinkling it everywhere, like on public transportation and such, but we'll be careful with collecting it as meticulously as can be done... it's a potent substance. Very painful for the Fallen when turned into ammunition..."

"I keep hearing you say that and I keep trying to understand it...has anyone looked to see if there is any discrete change before and after one experiences the material?" he asked, tipping his head. "We have seen some of its effects..." He looked both curious and slightly cautious of it, though not full of dread and disgust as he had with the vampire blood - at least not yet, as there wasn't a reason to be so far.

"For exactly that reason, to ignore something, force it out o reality until it go away and for control over it's own operatives." The spirit healer explained.

"The umbra and it's denizens are still there though, it was there before we were anywhere. I imagine that's why the gauntlet keeps getting thicker though, sometimes that means it keeps bad things out but...well, we are certainly glad that you were not killed for your knowledge and that you are here with us now."

"I am not sure we can know what we are dealing with when it comes to the Psycopomps Mr Roth Hicks."
Cita said and sigh

"Calling something we don't understand enough about isn't the wisest course of action."

"They talk to us now Mr Roth Hicks, because they have to. A Fount do not have to speak, not unless the host completely fall of his or her path though insanity or some other cruel fate, for what the Avatar wish to learn it have been taken to a host with the same goals as it, who will naturally face the challenges needed, and so it can just be a part of the host with no need to talk, a perfect bond."

"I suppose that is so...I cannot imagine not having a relationship like that with my own avatar though but it was the same before, when the older magii first started to hear about it from younger ones."

"Master Porthos have mentioned it, that Master Teomim worked with the psycopomps or at least studied them." She replied. "It is said no one where a greater expert on Avatars than Master Teomim, and some said he worked on a ritual to join with a psycopomp, to become one with one of them,whatever it is true or not though, well that is another matter."
He nodded, "I do believe the stories; Teomim achieved much that was only speculated on... unfortunately, it would not be safe for anyone to try to get to their Grimoire at this time, but I think the older ritual has a better than zero chance of success..." He pondered, "As for the difference between Founts and Avatars... I'm not so certain as to how different the two are inherently - it would seem to me that it is the bond that is different, rather than the Avatar's nature; as evidence, I would name Lady Dalisse, of the Diedne, who had a Fount until Guernicus experimented on her and severed her connection for a time - her Avatar returned as a distinct entity with a nasty scar. And Louis DuMonte had a Fount, but frequently dreamed of sensing a blue obsidian dragon staring at him in his dreams - the same blue glass dragon that Anna now wants to be less lazy. These two specific cases would strongly imply that Avatars are not so changed from when they were Founts, but how seamlessly they merge with a Mage has changed, without the Psychopomps to carefully perform the perfect merging..."

"Possibly, but if one could dream of the font, or if one could, after time, sense their avatar as a discrete entity and it was previously a font and quiescent...how do you know that is a sign of imperfection? What if it is a sign of something else? Sometimes, things change but that doesn't mean they've become poorer for it...or, what if something had to become different so that it could become better?" he thought. "I know this is all speculation...and it is quite possible that all of these things are true, for the path is not a straight arrow..."

He nodded, made himself a note in his journal for himself. Well, apparently this was supposed to be something that he had a knowledge of, somehow, someway, in a where that was his spirit. If only he could figure out how to 'read' himself. "Mhmhmm...." he muttered, more to himself than anyone.

[Adley & Nicole go to Whitecastle Beefbarn]

'Looks like that anyways, so I didn't do nothing.' the large woman replied, a little sulkily.

He chuckled suddenly. "Yeah, but I didn't notice it then. Now I will...ah well. Some people see animals in clouds, others signs in the shape of dicks." He grinned.

'Best to leave it, then. Music is very... personal. Though ripping music off CD's is usually cheaper than downloading. Well, legitimate downloading.'

"That's true. Still I might find something, I'll keep my eyes open. I'd like to cheer him up."

A silence as Nicole navigated a rather snarled junction; once clear gave a little snort. 'Take it you're from Providence, then?'

He seemed content to sit in silence, looking out the window occasionally or thinking to himself until she asked him a question. He was silent a moment and then said, "Yeah around, you?" he asked.

Last edited by s7trif3 on Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:30 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : whups just saw Warp's post)

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:08 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin wrote:He chuckled, "I suppose a battle of wits with two poisoned goblets would be a bit of a tall order in any case... but when it comes to battling anti-vaccine bullshit, I do believe I have quite the arsenal in stock. Unlike Miss Rozzo, I can provide hard evidence through simple scryings across space and time to show what things looked like without vaccines, in case the Deacons need a reminder... One shouldn't trust everything one reads on the internet, but on a headstone, well..."

Serge had an uncertain look on him when Colin assured the group of his victory. "I mean, that would certainly assure your victory against most people. But don't you also have to account for what Bianca is going to say as well? I doubt she'll deny the black plague and polio and those other illnesses that caused millions of deaths. But what if she says that allowing the use of vaccines hardens the Technocracy's hold on Consensus or something weird like that?"

Colin wrote:He nodded, "Cava is a normal girl, independent of Wallace Jace. She was conceived by his hand, certainly, but the girl's mother managed to escape and hide with a Chantry to protect the unborn child, and Jace never found them again, and apparently never even found out that the girl had been born and lived."

"Man that's good to hear. It's certainly a stroke of good luck that Jace never found out what happened." Serge said although he wondered if Jace really was as ignorant as the rest of the mages believed.

Colin wrote:He grinned, "I like your idea, Mr. Yager - a picture book with Princess Katie getting her much-needed vaccines before traveling to strange new places could even be a bestseller to concerned parents. As for Jace's reasons - he was a Progenitor; I'd wager he wanted Cava as a perfect organ donor for himself as he aged; perhaps not a replacement body, but a fresh supply of spare parts..."

"Probably wouldn't straight up call them vaccines. Maybe something like medicinal potions shaped like syringes. But drawing a proper picture book is something I wouldn't mind doing." Serge said with a smile.

Colin wrote:He grinned, "Comparable to mundane aircraft in distribution, not design or capabilities. And certainly, feel free to rip out the page; there's a small perforated line near the spine. As for Primium, it does hamper magic when in direct contact with a Mage - but it can be overcome with training, and most Umbral ships don't have direct contact between the outer skin of the craft and the people within. In fact... hum... hold on..."

"Thanks Mr. Wainwright." Serge said as he helped himself to the diagram, carefully tearing it out of the book and folding it so that he could place it into his pocket.

"I'm guessing you dug the bullet out because Primium is a pretty rare and precious. Cause the other reasons I can think of are pretty sinister." the Ecstatic said catching the bullet with one hand as it slid across the table.

He looked at it carefully, before passing it quickly to Bruce and saying, "Ok, I don't know if I'm imagining it but that thing just feels wrong."

Adley wrote:He smiled a bit at his enthusiasm, even if how he 'met' the ship wasn't the best memory. Colin discussing the bullet's previous whereabouts however made him eye it with a slight frown. "I remember all of that...just days ago. It feels like a thousand years."

"Time's funny like that isn't it?" Serge said with a sympathetic smile. "Goes by when your having fun and seems to stand still when you want something to end. Thankfully it should speed up now."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 22 ... 30  Next