Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

+2
Warpmind
Anja Rebekka Schultze
6 posters

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 17 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:14 pm

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'And so do we. Shit they can't even imagine too.' Nicole replied confidently, but not cockily. 'All you need to do is keep an eye on the others, and make sure everyone finds somewhere safe to hide when it gets to night-time.'

Anja's Post:

'Ummm...' Nicole murmured, giving a frown - then her eyes shot open as a few different bits of information stuck themselves together. 'Shit. Breeding stock, right? More kids we push out... more future rat-shifters, right?' body language hardening. 'And...' looking down at her body for a second '-no... no...' shaking her head, looking back at Trina '-erm, this ain't one of those situations where the more important a shifter is, the better of "the pick" they get?' a trace of fear in Nicole's voice.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between  Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30 - Page 17 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings IC Thread 30

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:30 pm

[Nicole, Colin and Bruce] (Abandoned junkyard)

'And so do we. Shit they can't even imagine too.' Nicole replied confidently, but not cockily. 'All you need to do is keep an eye on the others, and make sure everyone finds somewhere safe to hide when it gets to night-time.'

"I can do that."
Trina said and nodded.
"I will keep and eye on the others and make sure they are all on the other side of the junkyard, at least I will try. I hope they will listen to me."

'Ummm...' Nicole murmured, giving a frown - then her eyes shot open as a few different bits of information stuck themselves together. 'Shit. Breeding stock, right? More kids we push out... more future rat-shifters, right?' body language hardening.

"Yeah, they can't breed with one another for some reason, if they do the offspring come out wrong you know, all deformed, and while they are okey with that as such these deformed offspring are sterile so they need to breed with others not of their kind, however i they breed with regular humans most likely they will only produce more kinfolk, but if they breed with kinfolk then you get a much bigger chance of getting a ratkin, so yeah they expect us to be breeding stock."
Trina said bitterly.
"Well not so much me since I....am different."

'And...' looking down at her body for a second '-no... no...' shaking her head, looking back at Trina '-erm, this ain't one of those situations where the more important a shifter is, the better of "the pick" they get?' a trace of fear in Nicole's voice.

"They are rats as much as human, that means the bigger and stronger the male the more females he get and they do not ask for permission, just hope he don't enter the giant half rat, half human form they have when he do it, for that really hurts."
The blond girl said and she shivered as if she spoke from experience.
"If you can afford it packing a silver knife or a silver bullet that might be the only way to make sure that don't happen."
The kid with the eye condition said darkly.
"Not that I advocate killing them or anything but letting them know that trying something will hurt...that can keep you safe unless they come at you as a pack..."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:22 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:Bruce grinned a little at that.
"Sounds good Mr Yager."
Anja wrote:Bruce grinned at that.
Anja wrote:"Well I do like beer."
Bruce said and grinned.
"I like my odds here."

"So do I. Everyone knows that the wild prediction always tend to happen. Just like Fred and George's quidditch prediction." Serge said confidently. "Of course I'd rather both of us win."

Anja wrote:"There are proof yes but if that proof do not convince die heard New Agers why would it convince a group of old mages?"
Bruce said and sigh.

"Because we have magick on our side?" Serge said unconvincingly. "We could, I don't know, look into the future of vaccinated mages to see if they've had any problems?"

Anja wrote:"Well there are both unicorns and dragons on Horizon so there is a possibility of that."
Bruce said and grinned.
Adley wrote:"I really hope not...I've seen a lot of were-creatures lately. A shark, a spider, bears, a rat. There's werecats, and werewolves. I'm not sure what to think of a were-unicorn, Horizon unicorns are said to be formidable enough just as they are."

"Ahhh, sounds like the place of my dreams expect this time those creatures could kill me." Serge said with a chuckle.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Ah. Must have missed that isle at the store.'

"Couldn't you create like a mechanical exoskeleton that expands and shrinks? That'd be more your speed."

Nicole wrote:'Nah, he was before.' Nicole replied, as the waitress arrived with their drinks.

"You've led an adventurous life. A before and an after." Serge said with a smile.

Nicole wrote:'Exactly. I'd starve if I followed the advisory calorie intake - meant for a woman a foot shorter, half my weight who works in an office.' Giving a nod of thanks to the waitress, pulling out the tiny bottle she'd got earlier from her refrigerator and pouring it into the drink.

"Thanks." Serge said giving a friendly smile and a nod to the waitress. He took his drink and began to take large gulps of the liquid. It was clear that either he was incredibly thirsty or really enjoyed water.

"I'm gonna see if I can guess what's in that bottle." Serge said gesturing towards the tiny bottle. "It's protein powder. No wait it's weight-gain powder. No wait, it's flavor enhancer. All three? Fuck I don't know."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:52 pm

[Adley, Colin, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"So do I. Everyone knows that the wild prediction always tend to happen. Just like Fred and George's quidditch prediction." Serge said confidently. "Of course I'd rather both of us win."

"That is generally not how things happen in real life Serge, in stories the underdog always with or something remarkable happens because it makes for a better story, in real lie, unless magick is involved the coin will almost never end up on the side and what is statistically probable will happen."
Bruce said and sigh.
"But yes et us see what will happen."

"Because we have magick on our side?" Serge said unconvincingly. "We could, I don't know, look into the future of vaccinated mages to see if they've had any problems?"

"That we could or really it is enough to demonstrate our ability, I have always kept up to date with my vaccines with a few travel vaccines in addition and I work magick just fine and develop nicely and just had a Seeking."
The Artificer said and nodded.

"Ahhh, sounds like the place of my dreams expect this time those creatures could kill me." Serge said with a chuckle.

"Yes well creatures can always be a danger, but let us stay away from the unicorns and then you can have a look at the dragons kid when you go to Horizon."
Bruce said and grinned a bit over the younger mage's enthusiasm.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:03 pm

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'No fucking way I'm letting anybody keep be knocked up. Don't care, if one forced them on me, I will kill them or die trying.' Nicole replied belligerently. 'Plus, I ain't defenceless. Have my own friends and shit. And know what contraception is too.' making a mental note to talk to Richard in scoring some morning-after pills for Trina and any other women.

'Wait... they leave you alone 'cos you're "different"?' looking to Trina curiously.

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Hardly practical. Or subtle for everyday wear.' giving a smile.

Serge's Post:

'All depends on what you call "an adventure".' Nicole replied, giving a wry little smile. 'But yeah, I've always been a "what's beyond that hill?" type. Perhaps that's why I've never fitted right; got the mindset of a colonist or explorer - y'know, go out where no person has gone before and do something - but I find myself here, a world where there's no "frontier" and all effort goes into making it safe for timid fat men in offices.' ending with a sigh.

Serge's Post:

'Liquid glucose. So I can get the energy I need without spending all my life in a bathroom.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:43 pm

'No fucking way I'm letting anybody keep be knocked up. Don't care, if one forced them on me, I will kill them or die trying.' Nicole replied belligerently. 'Plus, I ain't defenceless. Have my own friends and shit. And know what contraception is too.' making a mental note to talk to Richard in scoring some morning-after pills for Trina and any other women.

"Then silver is your friend, changers like ratkin heal, and I mean they heal like crazy, wounds beginning to close up as soon as they are made, but with silver the wounds stay, and it burns them and make them uneasy, if you want to avoid the Ratkin....breeding you, silver is the way to go, but they are strong and fast and they can make you ill, I mean real ill they can spread disease, I don't know if we can get ill with what they got but everyone else can."
The young man said then he sigh.
"They say that all the changers have a purpose, like the werewolves protect nature and shit and the werbears are healers or so I hear, well the Ratkin are the plague bringers, according to them every so often human being get to numerous, to full of themselves, there will be to much bullshit and then a disease ravage the population and bring things back into balance, the Ratkin bring that disease and they can use it as a weapon so be careful if you cross them."

'Wait... they leave you alone 'cos you're "different"?' looking to Trina curiously.

"I was born with both...boy part and girl parts, since I was bounced around the foster system after my birth no one wanted to pick up the tab to have me made normal, and I am grateful for that, despite all the bullying an shit, you know what I am me and why should I have to be like everyone else. My last foster family wanted to have me cut...to make me normal so I ran, I am both male and female and that is okey."
Trina said and shrugged.
"The Rats think I am probably infertile though, perhaps I am, who knows, anyway they have left me alone, small favors I guess."
They explained.
"It is what it is."
The teenager said and then looked at you afraid that you would hurt her in disgust.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:56 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"That is generally not how things happen in real life Serge, in stories the underdog always with or something remarkable happens because it makes for a better story, in real lie, unless magick is involved the coin will almost never end up on the side and what is statistically probable will happen."
Bruce said and sigh.

Serge wanted to argue but knew it would be better to let it slide. They had done a lot of talking and he had already said his fair share of crazy stuff. "Yeah. We'll see what'll happen in a debate that hasn't even been accepted yet or issued yet."

Anja wrote:"That we could or really it is enough to demonstrate our ability, I have always kept up to date with my vaccines with a few travel vaccines in addition and I work magick just fine and develop nicely and just had a Seeking."

"All my vaccines were given before I Awakened so I probably wouldn't be the best example." Serge said with a shrug. "We'd probably need more examples than just one. Everyone does their magick differently so they might argue that vaccines might affect everyone differently."

[Serge' Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Hardly practical. Or subtle for everyday wear.' giving a smile.

"All right all right all right." Serge said rapidly, hyping up his next words. "How about this....Nanobots. Hidden from view until you need some extra clothing in which case they link together to form clothing that fits your size."

Nicole wrote:'All depends on what you call "an adventure".' Nicole replied, giving a wry little smile. 'But yeah, I've always been a "what's beyond that hill?" type. Perhaps that's why I've never fitted right; got the mindset of a colonist or explorer - y'know, go out where no person has gone before and do something - but I find myself here, a world where there's no "frontier" and all effort goes into making it safe for timid fat men in offices.' ending with a sigh.

"So why do you stay?" the Ecstatic asked. "Sounds like you'd have a lot more fun out there. Exploring the world or the Umbra. What's keeping you here protecting people who you despise rather than out exploring the great Unknown?"

Nicole wrote:'Liquid glucose. So I can get the energy I need without spending all my life in a bathroom.'

"That just sounds like a overly dramatic way of saying sugar in a bottle." Serge said with a chuckle.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:34 pm

[Adley, Colin, Tane and Serge] (Cabal meeting 10 in the morning Wednesday 30/9 2015)

"Yeah Horizon's unicorns are nasty. I have not seen them but on the transport up there we got a pamplet tat warned us about them." Bruce said. "The dragons are usually friendly though and some of them are in captivity and one can pay to be taken on rides...not sure what I think about such beings being kept in captivity though, seams a bit like slavery to me." The Orphan said and frowned.
"Yes well creatures can always be a danger, but let us stay away from the unicorns and then you can have a look at the dragons kid when you go to Horizon."

"I have to share Serge's enthusiasm here. I actually would not mind speaking with dragons either, at least if they are friendly. Monokeros on the other hand, well according to lore, had a three foot horn and was the fiercest, fastest of all beasts, unless you were a virgin maiden."

(Avatar Restoration Discussion Cita's Room.)

"Well you know where I met Jeffry." Cita said

"Pardon, I didn't realise..."

"That is an interesting concept, that there might be a disconnect between the desires of the individual Fallen's ego and the desires of his and her Avatar. There is one man captured and sent to Horizon from Chicago he have slipped into a deep Seeking and according to witnesses he did so after talking to you Mr Roth Hicks? Is that related to what you are saying here?"

"Yes, I did have a similar discussion with him. I am not sure what the outcome of such will be, and it was not intentional obviously, but that seems to be the outcome. The man was under duress of course, having been captured. I take it he has not awoken then?"

"We might have to seek out aid Mr Roth Hicks if we can not make sense of it ourselves."
Cita said.

"Yes, perhaps so, we just need to be careful."

The Virtual Adept gave you a surprised look.
"I said The halls of Horizon will be full of screams before this is all done, I am afraid I do not understand though Mr Roth Hicks, a girl that is not a girl?"
She asked looking confused.

"Do you remember asking someone here to help guide that wayward avatar that was stuck hanging around back to the Well, and they brought with them...well, from what I now understand it may have been their avatar in some sort of external form. She said that to me, too. That the Halls of Horizon would be full of screams before this was done..." He frowned.

[Adley & Nicole go to Whitecastle Beefbarn]

Didn't go to Detroit; it was Pittsburgh.' the large woman replied, the car now approaching the Interstate. 'Had to go; boyfriend had fucked up and needed to get out of state in a hurry.'

"Ah....I see. Had you already awakened or not yet? So...Woonsocket, Pittsburgh, later Detroit."

'Why didn't you go back home after college, then? Could have taught in Brown, CCRI or something.' clearly trying to change the subject.

He shook his head a little. "I like BU, Brown I didn't have enough experience or people that would take a second look at me since I didn't even go to school there. I could have done PC or CCRI maybe, but the main reason is that I was an apprentice by that point and wanted to stay closer to the chantry."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:14 pm

Serge wanted to argue but knew it would be better to let it slide. They had done a lot of talking and he had already said his fair share of crazy stuff. "Yeah. We'll see what'll happen in a debate that hasn't even been accepted yet or issued yet."

Bruce just nodded at that.

"All my vaccines were given before I Awakened so I probably wouldn't be the best example." Serge said with a shrug. "We'd probably need more examples than just one. Everyone does their magick differently so they might argue that vaccines might affect everyone differently."

"Yeah well I have never met a mage who have claimed to have their abilities lessened by vaccines but I guess there could be some demonstration done by letting someone who what they can do before and after."

"I have to share Serge's enthusiasm here. I actually would not mind speaking with dragons either, at least if they are friendly. Monokeros on the other hand, well according to lore, had a three foot horn and was the fiercest, fastest of all beasts, unless you were a virgin maiden."

"Well then as none of us are virgin maidens I think we should leave the nice horses with spears growing out of their heads alone."
Bruce said and grinned.
"The dragons though, we should all go and see them one day."

"Pardon, I didn't realise..."

"You could not have known Mr Roth Hicks."
Cita said sadly.

"Yes, I did have a similar discussion with him. I am not sure what the outcome of such will be, and it was not intentional obviously, but that seems to be the outcome. The man was under duress of course, having been captured. I take it he has not awoken then?"

"No he have not, he have been in a Seeking ever since he was captured."
Cita said.
"It have been discussed if someone should try to force him out of it for his trial."

"Yes, perhaps so, we just need to be careful."

"Agreed."
The spirit healer said and nodded.

"Do you remember asking someone here to help guide that wayward avatar that was stuck hanging around back to the Well, and they brought with them...well, from what I now understand it may have been their avatar in some sort of external form. She said that to me, too. That the Halls of Horizon would be full of screams before this was done..." He frowned.

"Ah yes I know her Conny, yes she is an Avatar, she is not outside of her host, not really but she do manifest...hum...well I doubt she would have said something if it was nothing to it, she said that exact phrase?"
Cita asked.
"Perhaps I should contact her host and see if Conny would be willing to talk with us."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:42 pm

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'Oh. Fucking. Joy.' Nicole replied. 'Why does this shit always happen to me? Some days I wish I didn't know about all this...' ending with a deep sigh.

Anja's Post:

'I'm a pure Tom[boy] who's over six foot and plays with cars and guns. Can't fucking lecture anyone on "gender norms" and shit without being a massive hypocrite. And I do try to not do that.' Nicole replied, giving a little chuckle as she looked at Trina again for a moment, seeming a little confused.

'So... is there any fucking advantage of all this?'

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Shit... you know how much them cost?'

Serge's Post:

'I don't despise everyone.' Nicole replied, sounding rather hurt. 'But answered your own question; protecting folk. It would be unfair for me to swan off on an Ethership or an expedition to the Hollow Earth leaving everybody else in the shit.'

Serge's Post:

'Sugar sweetens, changes taste and stuff. Glucose doesn't. It's also a snap to digest.' taking a sip of her drink.

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'Nah, this was sleepy Nick skipping down with an APB or three behind her.' the Etherite replied. 'Was only a kid, really when I left.'

Adley's Post:

'Fair dos. Did you do your basic at Steelhaven, then?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:51 pm

'Nah, this was sleepy Nick skipping down with an APB or three behind her.' the Etherite replied. 'Was only a kid, really when I left.'

He nodded.

'Fair dos. Did you do your basic at Steelhaven, then?'

"Yes, under my mentor. How was it for you getting into the Etherites?"

"No he have not, he have been in a Seeking ever since he was captured."
Cita said.
"It have been discussed if someone should try to force him out of it for his trial."

"I don't think that's going to be a good idea, not for the person trying to wake them either...it would be better to see what occurs. Perhaps something will have changed?"

"Ah yes I know her Conny, yes she is an Avatar, she is not outside of her host, not really but she do manifest...hum...well I doubt she would have said something if it was nothing to it, she said that exact phrase?"
Cita asked.
"Perhaps I should contact her host and see if Conny would be willing to talk with us."

"I can't swear for it being exactly word for word, very nearly so...it stuck with me since it came a bit out of the blue. Before a lot of other things happened..." He frowned. "She was inscrutable then, but perhaps it could not hurt to ask."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:35 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Adley wrote:"I have to share Serge's enthusiasm here. I actually would not mind speaking with dragons either, at least if they are friendly. Monokeros on the other hand, well according to lore, had a three foot horn and was the fiercest, fastest of all beasts, unless you were a virgin maiden."
Anja wrote:"Well then as none of us are virgin maidens I think we should leave the nice horses with spears growing out of their heads alone."
Bruce said and grinned.

"Why stop at dragons. Aren't there a bunch of mythical creatures in Horizon? Let's meet them all!" Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"Yeah well I have never met a mage who have claimed to have their abilities lessened by vaccines but I guess there could be some demonstration done by letting someone who what they can do before and after."

"We'd need mages from all parts of the magickal spectrum. Both Technomancer's and Mystics." Serge said agreeing with Bruce.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Shit... you know how much them cost?'

"Not a clue!" Serge said as if that was a good thing. "But god wouldn't that be sweet. Nanobots are such an overpowered thing in fiction."

Nicole wrote:'I don't despise everyone.' Nicole replied, sounding rather hurt. 'But answered your own question; protecting folk. It would be unfair for me to swan off on an Ethership or an expedition to the Hollow Earth leaving everybody else in the shit.'

"Sorry. Sorry. I didn't mean it like that." Serge said hastily, hearing the hurt in Nicole's voice.

"But protecting people huh. Damn that's a straight up hero answer right there." the Ecstatic said with a child-like awe in his voice, clearly admiring Nicole's reasons. "But why would it be unfair of you to leave everyone in danger? It's not like your obligated to protect people. Isn't it just your choice to protect people rather than go on adventures?"

Nicole wrote:'Sugar sweetens, changes taste and stuff. Glucose doesn't. It's also a snap to digest.' taking a sip of her drink.

"Huh, I thought they were one and the same. Shows what I know about chemistry." Serge said with a shrug.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:40 am

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'It was... difficult.' Nicole admitted, cautiously. 'Almost quit, actually. Luckily, the Technician noticed that I was a bad fit to the Professor teaching - or he was a bad fit for me - talked me off the roof, got me transferred to the Academy.'

'You?'

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Of course they are - nanos have become the generic "sciency explain-all" for this generation of sci-fi.' Nicole replied with a little smile. 'Just like everything was "cyber" in the 80's and "atomic" in the 50's.'

Serge's Post:

'You're seriously asking that question? That I should "pull a Cartman", piss off and do stuff just for me when I know shit's going down and I can help stop it?' look and tone rather incredulous. 'Nah, man... It just ain't done, and it ain't right.' shaking her head, perhaps not even understanding Serge's actual point.

Serge's Post:

'Well, now you know.' giving a little smile.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:23 am

((OOC: Oog, Papa Nurgle's still being a bit of a bitch... -_- ))

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Anja wrote:"As Colin say then you need to find someone who are in a position to consent and not because they are in such a desperate situation they will agree to just about anything."
Bruce said and grunted.
Colin nodded, "As it happens, I know a couple of potential candidates I can ask - I'm not going to share their contact information all willy-nilly; they have their right to privacy."

Anja wrote:"The problem is getting to the point where you show any advance on cleansing an Avatar in the little bit of time that is available, that is seldom a quick thing and clearing vampire posion from someone's Avatar is not the same thing. You are arguing that someone sent to dialysis to get posion out of their blood are the same as the doctors being able to cure someone that have been turned inside out, the two have nothing to do with one another. Now as for historical data there is none that support your ideas that is why everyone say cleansing a Fallen Avatar is impossible."
Bruce said sourly.
S7trif3 wrote:"Removing the issue of the vampire blood was difficult, but it wasn't thought to be impossible, Mr Karyak. And it is not as if the young man will not have some side effects yet but thankfully he is alright. He was quite lucky to have such good healers help him. But there was precedent on how to go about the healing process, even if it were not assured to be one hundred percent effective and they're not the same, as Colin said. What we're talking about...such documentation, let us say, is going to be hard to come by." He frowned.
He nodded, "Part of the problem is that there is one known incident of past success, and that was buried..."

Anja wrote:"That is indeed the problem, you do not have access to allot of test subjects."
The Orphan agreed.
He pondered, "The Virtual Adepts might have a few options as far as simulations go, though - which is a good route to go without endangering others."

Anja wrote:"Someone with a Fallen Avatar are understood as Fallen, a few others who are corrupted in other ways have been accused of being so."
Bruce said.
"But no you can be the sweetest person in the world if your Avatar is corrupted Gilgul is the only possible sentence with a few exceptions, like being a widderslainte with a powerful Mentor."
Anja wrote:"Yeah I mean try tied to....with Beatrice I mean, and her mind is not corrupted, perhaps one day it will e but right now she is a kind person who harm no one."
Bruce said and nodded.
S7trif3 wrote:"What is considered Fallen is a magus with an inverted avatar, Mr Karyak, one that has been through a caul in some life. It not common that a person who is Fallen doesn't succumb to dark desires when their avatars have destructive urges and can no longer guide them upward, but...yes, it seems possible that at times this may be the case..."
He grimaced wryly, "Incidentally, entering a Caul is not illegal, being Fallen is, but with one spectacular exception, it does appear to be the invariable outcome of going there... but it also appears that the motivation for entering does greatly affect the degree of corruption, to the point of virtues lingering until the next incarnation..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I guess we will all pitch in."
Bruce said and nodded.
"But it will not be easy to give her any kind of life after....that..."
He frowned, "That depends on her, as well... some are able to find the strength to carry on, some... well... let's hope, if it comes to that, that she'll be in the former category."

Anja wrote:Bruce grinned a little at that.
"Sounds good Mr Yager."
Jeremy wrote:"Yup. That puts Bruce's odd of getting a beer quite high. Any other outcome besides a stalemate like being interrupted by an attack or a sudden dance-off will yield a beer for our wonderful artificer." Serge said grinning as well, wondering if now was a good time to tell the two that he didn't actually drink alcohol.
Anja wrote:"Well I do like beer."
Bruce said and grinned.
"I like my odds here."
Jeremy wrote:"So do I. Everyone knows that the wild prediction always tend to happen. Just like Fred and George's quidditch prediction." Serge said confidently. "Of course I'd rather both of us win."
Anja wrote:"That is generally not how things happen in real life Serge, in stories the underdog always with or something remarkable happens because it makes for a better story, in real lie, unless magick is involved the coin will almost never end up on the side and what is statistically probable will happen."
Bruce said and sigh.
Jeremy wrote:Serge wanted to argue but knew it would be better to let it slide. They had done a lot of talking and he had already said his fair share of crazy stuff. "Yeah. We'll see what'll happen in a debate that hasn't even been accepted yet or issued yet."
Anja wrote:Bruce just nodded at that.
He grinned and glanced over his shoulder at the bookshelves, loaded with Fantasy of every flavour, "Mr. Yager, I do believe you have read too much fiction... though, yes, it does appear that one in a million chances come up nine times out of ten. The problem, as the Ankh-Morpork City Watch discovered, was how to make sure the odds were truly a million to one..."

Anja wrote:"Yeah I imagine that will be the problem, naturally magi will be distrustful of anything the Union have created."
The Orphan agreed.
He shrugged, "Only to an extent. There are many conveniences even quite senior Magi have adopted, even if they're based on Union advances. Even Chief Morgan is quite fond of his coffee maker."

Anja wrote:"There are proof yes but if that proof do not convince die heard New Agers why would it convince a group of old mages?"
Bruce said and sigh.
Jeremy wrote:"Because we have magick on our side?" Serge said unconvincingly. "We could, I don't know, look into the future of vaccinated mages to see if they've had any problems?"
Anja wrote:"That we could or really it is enough to demonstrate our ability, I have always kept up to date with my vaccines with a few travel vaccines in addition and I work magick just fine and develop nicely and just had a Seeking."
Anja wrote:"All my vaccines were given before I Awakened so I probably wouldn't be the best example." Serge said with a shrug. "We'd probably need more examples than just one. Everyone does their magick differently so they might argue that vaccines might affect everyone differently."
Anja wrote:"Yeah well I have never met a mage who have claimed to have their abilities lessened by vaccines but I guess there could be some demonstration done by letting someone who what they can do before and after."
Jeremy wrote:"We'd need mages from all parts of the magickal spectrum. Both Technomancer's and Mystics." Serge said agreeing with Bruce.
He nodded, "I myself was amply vaccinated only months before I Awakened, courtesy of going to war in a foreign country with a lot of sand... it has hardly seemed to hamper my development. But, you're rather stretching the normal bounds of a debate right now."

Anja wrote:"Wakefield is an idiot!"
Bruce grumbled.
"But yes his idea will probably be brought up under the debate, let us hope they can not convince the Deacon Council, those arguments have convinced allot of people."
He frowned, "Wakefield is no idiot - the bastard knew precisely what he was doing in trying to malign one vaccine to give his own competing brand a better chance."

Jeremy wrote:"It'll be a challenge still. I like story-writing, but I'm terrible at it. Hate proofreading too so I'll probably get someone else to do that." Serge said with a sigh. "And why do you know so many people? You tell me how an Etherite can be part unicorn. What kind of freaky experiment did he do?"
Anja wrote:"Well there are both unicorns and dragons on Horizon so there is a possibility of that."
Bruce said and grinned.
S7trif3 wrote:"I really hope not...I've seen a lot of were-creatures lately. A shark, a spider, bears, a rat. There's werecats, and werewolves. I'm not sure what to think of a were-unicorn, Horizon unicorns are said to be formidable enough just as they are."
Anja wrote:"Yeah Horizon's unicorns are nasty. I have not seen them but on the transport up there we got a pamplet tat warned us about them."
Bruce said.
"The dragons are usually friendly though and some of them are in captivity and one can pay to be taken on rides...not sure what I think about such beings being kept in captivity though, seams a bit like slavery to me."
The Orphan said and frowned.
Jeremy wrote:"Ahhh, sounds like the place of my dreams expect this time those creatures could kill me." Serge said with a chuckle.
Anja wrote:"Yes well creatures can always be a danger, but let us stay away from the unicorns and then you can have a look at the dragons kid when you go to Horizon."
S7trif3 wrote:"I have to share Serge's enthusiasm here. I actually would not mind speaking with dragons either, at least if they are friendly. Monokeros on the other hand, well according to lore, had a three foot horn and was the fiercest, fastest of all beasts, unless you were a virgin maiden."
Anja wrote:"Well then as none of us are virgin maidens I think we should leave the nice horses with spears growing out of their heads alone."
Bruce said and grinned.
Jeremy wrote:"Why stop at dragons. Aren't there a bunch of mythical creatures in Horizon? Let's meet them all!" Serge said with a smile.
He grinned, "The doctor I had in mind is more of a metaphorical magic unicorn... a dual Traditions physician, both Verbena and Etherite. Remarkably skilled. As for seeing the mythical creatures of Horizon... you don't want to meet them all. There's a beast from an island, a beast that eats Avatars. Not something you want to get too close to."

Anja wrote:"I will try not to like it so much I do it every day."
Bruce commented wryly.
"Ah no would not want that my Avatar already comes pre grumped I do not need to add to that."
He grinned, "That said, once is not harmful... three days in a row, that's the absolute limit. More than that, you'll get Primium buildup in the brain; you'll want to avoid that."

Anja wrote:"Ah no going down from sepsis is not on my to do list either."
Bruce said and frowned.
"I hear it is not a comfortable death, you did that Nephandus a favor by ending his suffering Colin."
He added.
Jeremy wrote:Serge shuddered a little and said, "Yeah, I'm sure your scary list has many unique things on it, considering the life you've led."
He frowned, "Probably not more unique things than most, but, well... tears in the rain and all that..."

Jeremy wrote:"I think you mentioned him before. When we were fighting Siege right?" Serge said remembering the fight so long ago. "Can't say I've heard of that kind of spirit yet. A chronicler..huh. I wonder if he'd be interested in fictional histories?"
S7trif3 wrote:"Hrm...I wonder...if perhaps he can help us out." He took a notebook out and made a note in it careful not to name the spirit's name, with a squiggle - question mark.
He pondered, "Yes, same one... not sure how he could help us much, though; he seems to be rather specific in purpose. As they are."

S7trif3 wrote:"Some of it was..." he shook his head. "And you were there..."
He nodded, "So I was... It was revealing, seeing those events. But someone needed to bring you back."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"Ehm...yeah I do not know how to fight so I will be hiding once we have given what information we an and helped in ways that we can."
Trina said with a nervous smile.
He nodded, "Well, I'll do what I can to make sure you get a chance to learn that in the future."

Anja wrote:"Yeah well they don't get enough blood that way as to few are willing to accept pain in order to help others so many clinics offer cash for blood, they sold it in to congress I guess by saying it was to motivate collage students and such who just wanted a little extra spending money, but allot of poor folks have no choice than to sell their blood as it is one of the ew places where we can get some cash quickly."
The kid with the eye problem said bitterly.
"Many donate far to often in order to be able to afford to eat or to rent a bed if really bad weather is on the way."
"Yeah well they don't get enough blood that way as to few are willing to accept pain in order to help others so many clinics offer cash for blood, they sold it in to congress I guess by saying it was to motivate collage students and such who just wanted a little extra spending money, but allot of poor folks have no choice than to sell their blood as it is one of the ew places where we can get some cash quickly."
The kid with the eye problem said bitterly.
"Many donate far to often in order to be able to afford to eat or to rent a bed if really bad weather is on the way."
Nicole wrote:'You can get between $20 and $50 for a pint.' Nicole replied in an off-hand manner, no stranger to this herself either.
Anja wrote:"Exactly and that means foo for several days, more if you are careful, one can not pass that up so many donate every third week, as that is the limit many clinics have even if it is not safe and it will make you sick eventually."
The young black kid said.
"So the poor literary sell our lives for scraps of food so the rich can be safe if they crash their fancy cars."
He sent Nicole a dirty look, "Thank you so much for clarifying that."
He shook his head, "You're right, though, the system is flawed, but all the same, the system does have protections in place for the less fortunate, unlike the outright predation that happens here."

Nicole wrote:'We can at very least get everybody to get to the back of the yard, out of the way.' Nicole countered. 'Think that's not too hard. But we've gotta keep all this to ourselves... I think you three's job is to watch everyone else, starting now. Last fucking thing we want is to do all this prep for it to fall over 'cos they had a spy in your group and they called in early and warned or something.' looking over at the trailer suspiciously.
Anja wrote:"I can not promise there is no one who would rat us out to the...vampires to them, but we can say we have heard about a police raid going down later, that will get everyone to hide."
Trina suggested.
Nicole wrote:'Which is why we've gotta move fast, to make it hard for any leaks.' Nicole replied, ending with a little shrug. 'But even if they did find out, they're gonna be in for a little shock as they won't be expecting us. Let them be on the receiving end of being surprised for once.' giving a rather nasty little chuckle.
Anja wrote:"You really think you can take them? But they are so powerful...and they have weapons."
Trina asked wide eyed.
"Ok what can I do?"
She asked.
Nicole wrote:'And so do we. Shit they can't even imagine too.' Nicole replied confidently, but not cockily. 'All you need to do is keep an eye on the others, and make sure everyone finds somewhere safe to hide when it gets to night-time.'
Anja wrote:"I can do that."
Trina said and nodded.
"I will keep and eye on the others and make sure they are all on the other side of the junkyard, at least I will try. I hope they will listen to me."
He nodded to Nicole, "I'll trust you with the local troops, then - and I'll get started on rallying our own forces."

Nicole wrote:'Worried about cop interference, I am; if we get into a serious firefight - which I think we will - we cannot rely on 'em ignoring it. Or more likely, they'll ignore it 'till it's finished, then swoop in. Cowards.'
Anja wrote:"Yeah that could be a problem, and the assholes might have bribed the police or something."
The young blond woman said.
"I don't know what to do about it though, we have no power to stop the police from doing what they please."
She said with a defeated look in her eyes.
Nicole wrote:'We'll find a way. Have ways and means. Perhaps an Adept could jam the switchboard so the APB doesn't get through...' the last part said to herself.
Anja wrote:The teenagers looked rather confused at this but they did not ask.
He grinned, "Keeping the police from finding the place will not be a problem - we've got two quite capable hackers who can ensure they don't come within a mile of this lot until we want them to."

Anja wrote:"I am not sure how to help you with that man."
Trina said and shook her head.
He smiled and nodded to Nicole, "Follow her lead, help us with those maps, and we're halfway there already."

Anja wrote:You walked towards one end of the junkyard and there you found a forge and before it Bruce where working on something, he ha taken his shirt of and where covered in sweat as he hammered on some metal, to busy with what he was doing to notice the other Orphan arriving.
He strolled a little closer before speaking up, "Good grief, man, all you need is a couple of buxom wenches in skimpy medieval outfits, and you'd have an 80's heavy metal album cover..."

[Investigating Avatar Restoration, Cita's apartment]
Anja wrote:"I doubt it will be any easier to cleanse the part of the Avatar that interact with the Host than any other part Tane i there is even one part that do that."
The spirit healer said and she shook her head.
Anja wrote:"Indeed I doubt there will be any shortcuts to this."
Cita said.
S7trif3 wrote:"I have a theory of sorts, that the memories that the avatar maintains despite it's state of Fallen are important - it is something that still connects it to the Tellurian, which is what the process of the caul attempts to sever, after all. Such a state engenders them to use highly destructive magick subject to higher risk of paradox for that reason. So, if you navigate the spirit realm by associations, the same idea could be thought for navigating a soul, avatars are long chains of events in hosts, linked to one another, making associations that we are and are not aware of, depending on a variety of factors including the avatar itself. However, it is still challenging, as the avatar wants to become nothing and take the host with it...though it seems that they want this but 'later'...when they get done with all the things they want to do, those are the desires of the host usually, that too can be important because it unveils the ustable dichotomy that is present within them. They want to spend time with their families and when they're done, hit the undo button but if you talk with them, the sense that this is an uneasy feeling with them because it inherently goes against their interest."
Anja wrote:"That is an interesting concept, that there might be a disconnect between the desires of the individual Fallen's ego and the desires of his and her Avatar. There is one man captured and sent to Horizon from Chicago he have slipped into a deep Seeking and according to witnesses he did so after talking to you Mr Roth Hicks? Is that related to what you are saying here?"
The spirit healer asked and she raised an eyebrow.
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, I did have a similar discussion with him. I am not sure what the outcome of such will be, and it was not intentional obviously, but that seems to be the outcome. The man was under duress of course, having been captured. I take it he has not awoken then?"
Anja wrote:"No he have not, he have been in a Seeking ever since he was captured."
Cita said.
S7trif3 wrote:"I don't think that's going to be a good idea, not for the person trying to wake them either...it would be better to see what occurs. Perhaps something will have changed?"
He frowned, "We should see if we can't get someone to keep an eye on his progress as he's in his Seeking... The chap was forced to take a long, hard look at himself when we caught him..."

Anja wrote:"They might know more than us at least, but I am not sure we have the understanding to communicate with them."
The spirit healer said and frowned.
Anja wrote:"If we can understand their answer."
The spirit healer said an she raised an eyebrow.
Anja wrote:"That is a possible complication yes, the again no one knows more about Avatars tan Psycopomps so they might be worth asking, again if we are at all able to understand them."
Cita commented.
S7trif3 wrote:"I happen to know someone who is in a House that is renown for such things...perhaps she can help us make sense of it if we cannot. But it would mean bringing in another person, which I am not entirely eager to do though I am not saying I mistrust her."
Anja wrote:"We might have to seek out aid Mr Roth Hicks if we can not make sense of it ourselves."
Cita said.
S7trif3 wrote:"Yes, perhaps so, we just need to be careful."
Anja wrote:"Agreed."
He pondered, "If Teomim worked with them, it stands to reason that we will be able to find some way to communicate. I'm guessing the help you have in mind has a lot of scars, too, Adley?"

S7trif3 wrote:"That does seem it would pose even more problems."
Anja wrote:"It would not be desirable no."
He nodded, "So let us not, and say that we didn't, alright?"

Anja wrote:"It might be a baby Avatar Tane, that is one of the theories about what Avatar Companions are, it is a fully fledged Avatar though and not just a shard. The reason why they cause complete reincarnations in their hosts is that the Companion do not go through the Well of Souls and wash of the former life as Avatars bonded to hosts do, so the Companion leave acsess to everything for the new host. If you want to see a shard though you are welcome to examine my Avatar, there have been a shard stuck in him for...quite some time."
Cita said sadly.
S7trif3 wrote:He rasied an eyebrow at Master Telar in surprise.
Anja wrote:"Well you know where I met Jeffry."
Cita said and that was all the explanation she gave, her eyes where focused on something far away and there where great grief in her voice, your Mentor had told you had had met Cita, well met her again as the first time they met they where enemies on different sides in the Asencion War, but when he met her again it was in a support group for those who ha lost apprentices. Your prou Mentor was a bit embarrassed to go to such a group but he did regardless and he had mentioned had Cita had lost a student as well in the worst possible way.
S7trif3 wrote:"Pardon, I didn't realise..."
Anja wrote:"You could not have known Mr Roth Hicks."
Cita said sadly.
He calmly took a sip from his teacup, "Shards are indeed different from an intact Avatar - and in most cases, they can present an actual danger to a Mage. Enough so that, well... that's another reason a certain Italian resents me, just a little..."

Anja wrote:"It is not Master Nassa Mr Karyak is referring to Mr Wainwright, it is Mr Gregario, he have been expressing his suspicions that somehow the Mercere will fly into a rage and harm Miss Florentine out of jealousy, and generally expressed mistrust at the man and disregard for his needs and well being."
Cita sai a stern look in her eyes.
"I do not know where this dislike of a kind man who have done nothing but good comes from."
S7trif3 wrote:"Her original avatar was destroyed," he started to correct him, and then Cita laid into him and there was nothing more to add to that about Mr Gregario.
Anja wrote:Cita's face took on a very stern look as she regarded Tane.
"This have to stop. Mr Gregario have done nothing but good for Miss Florentine, he lives or his apprentices, there is no indication, none that he would fly into some jealous rage and harm the woman he have deicated his life to protecting. Mr Gregario have gone though a hell you or me can not even imagine Tane, and insead of laying down to die like most in his situation would he rose back to his feet and serve the Traditions as a courier while helping others who have been hurt and damaged, he is braver and more noble than anyone here."
She said firmly.
"What he is however are fragile and if he hears you suspect him of harming his own student it will hurt him deeply, so stop it there are no reaso for your accusations!"
His expression soured a little, "Ah, yes, I was thinking - perhaps inappropriately - of Mr. Gregario as more of a carer than a Mentor at this stage. My apologies... and yes, casting doubt on him like that is inappropriate. Add to that, I'm not sure if any... former Mage is even capable of mustering so much jealous rage, even."

Anja wrote:"Beatrice is still to wounded for such and ordeal and Kyle is far to young."
Cita said and shook her head.
S7trife wrote:"My si-...our cabalmate and brother are healing, Mr Karyak and I don't think are up for such. We should not give out something of Anna's with such a strong connection to her to just anyone though it would be a very strong arcane link. The strongest I could think of, really."
Anja wrote:"Agreed there could be no stronger Arcane connection."
Cita said and frowned.
"So we will have to be careful with the sand for Anna's safety."
He nodded, "I have passed a few samples to others for very specific examinations - individuals whose discretion I trust well enough to not lead to someone seeking out Anna. There will be no wholesale trading in that sand, owing to the dangers of it, including the strength of the arcane link."

Anja wrote:"Yeah there are allot of scared people in those cells."
Cita said darkly.
"The halls of Horizon will be full of screams before this is all done."
S7trif3 wrote:"Wait, what did you say? That's the second time I've heard that, there was the girl...who was not a girl, who helped bring the lost avatar through to the Well...she said the same thing to me. Exactly the same thing."
Anja wrote:The Virtual Adept gave you a surprised look.
"I said The halls of Horizon will be full of screams before this is all done, I am afraid I do not understand though Mr Roth Hicks, a girl that is not a girl?"
She asked looking confused.
S7trif3 wrote:"Do you remember asking someone here to help guide that wayward avatar that was stuck hanging around back to the Well, and they brought with them...well, from what I now understand it may have been their avatar in some sort of external form. She said that to me, too. That the Halls of Horizon would be full of screams before this was done..." He frowned.
Anja wrote:"Ah yes I know her Conny, yes she is an Avatar, she is not outside of her host, not really but she do manifest...hum...well I doubt she would have said something if it was nothing to it, she said that exact phrase?"
Cita asked.
S7trif3 wrote:"I can't swear for it being exactly word for word, very nearly so...it stuck with me since it came a bit out of the blue. Before a lot of other things happened..." He frowned. "She was inscrutable then, but perhaps it could not hurt to ask."
He frowned, "The matching statements could, of course, be a coincidence... but I'm disinclined to believe in those. Fate has a funny way of making its presence known, even if we can quite forcibly change it."

Anja wrote:"So, for Fallen it reminds them of when their avatar was in the caul."
He nodded, "So it would seem."

Anja wrote:Cita's face light up at the mention of the scale.
"The dragon scale...the dragon scale now this might be what we need to give Miss Clearwater a chance...ok Mr Wainwright you will not like this suggjestion but is there any chance you would consent to me taking a scale from Anna's Avatar as it is now? I am not going to lie that will cause her quite a bit of pain, but if I can present two scales, one corrupted and one not, then I can prove that one corrupted Avatar clean itself in the future, and perhaps be able to use that to argue for letting Mr Karyak try to help one of the prisoners cleanse herself, I probably will just be able to talk them into sparing one of them, but with such a scale there is a tiny chance I can save Miss Clearwater."
The spirit healer asked eagerly.
He frowned, then nodded, "Such a comparison would be a boon to Anna's trial, as well... however, you will have to ask Anna, too - I'm not going to let you do that against her wishes. There is, however, a compromise in case she is unwilling to part with a scale of her dragon in the present - you may be able to call her in as a material witness, to compare her current Avatar condition to that of the scale. That should be less... invasive, I believe?"
He nodded to Tane, "In fact, he might be able to sing her dragon out safely, so all can see it..."

Anja wrote:"That is a priceless book indeed. I have heard of the ritual, it was used by magi who wanted an apprentice but could not find a good candidate, it create a Gifted child to train...and if the child is Gifted that means it have an Avatar so a psycopomp is summoned to give the creation such a soul...it makes sense, I would very much like to see this book Mr Wainwright it seams this Lady Dalisse gave you a wonderful gift."
Cita said and smiled.
S7trif3 wrote:"Interesting."
He smiled, "And yet, I think her friendship was the finer gift yet..."

Anja wrote:"Indeed so Mr Wainwright."
Cita said.
S7trif3 wrote:"The Order was making use of such tests and proving grounds before the Technocracy existed. We like results that we can replicate using the same methods that we can share with other members. And in this way we learn more about our Reality and can make new postulate new ideas."
He nodded, "I'm sure some Sleepers experimented with the same methods around the same time as Magi did, too... perhaps not quite as eloquently, but nevertheless..."

S7trif3 wrote:He took it back. "Well, more like 104, perhaps...yes, how are you dealing with that by the way? Have you figured out how to change your vibration back so you only see the material plane?"
He shook his head, "No... and to be honest, I don't actually mind it all that much. Most spirits, it seems, don't actively seek out attention, even if they notice I can sense them. Sort of like meeting a colleague at a hockey match, only he's wearing the other team's colours - there's something of an unspoken acknowledgment that neither of you noticed. What I'm actually more interested in is figuring out how to share the sense, if only briefly."

Anja wrote:"I see, well if you would be so kin as to contact Mr Yager about this then and ask for his help?"
Cita requested.
S7trif3 wrote:"Ms Florintine is not going to enjoy stranger's company. However, perhaps he can come with me, when I visit her so that everyone feels more comfortable, if he accepts."
Anja wrote:"We are going to have to be gentle and understanding and make sure the girl is not scared, and introduce new individuals to her slowly and on her own premises."
He nodded, "The introduction would have to be gentle, but I believe both Dr. Boudavich and Mr. Yager are quite capable of that... well, assuming Mr. Yager's enthusiasm doesn't get the better of him, though I think he's got a bit more sense of decorum than that. Either way, first things first - check with either if they've got the time and availability to come see Miss Florentine and help her."

((OOC: Welp, that was a couple of hours. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:02 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin wrote:He grinned and glanced over his shoulder at the bookshelves, loaded with Fantasy of every flavour, "Mr. Yager, I do believe you have read too much fiction... though, yes, it does appear that one in a million chances come up nine times out of ten. The problem, as the Ankh-Morpork City Watch discovered, was how to make sure the odds were truly a million to one..."

"You can never read too much fiction." Serge said with a smile. "I need to re-read the Discworld series one day. It's been a while."

Colin wrote:He nodded, "I myself was amply vaccinated only months before I Awakened, courtesy of going to war in a foreign country with a lot of sand... it has hardly seemed to hamper my development. But, you're rather stretching the normal bounds of a debate right now."

"Debates need arguments and arguments need proofs. We're just discussing the latter." Serge said with a shrug.

Colin wrote:He grinned, "The doctor I had in mind is more of a metaphorical magic unicorn... a dual Traditions physician, both Verbena and Etherite. Remarkably skilled. As for seeing the mythical creatures of Horizon... you don't want to meet them all. There's a beast from an island, a beast that eats Avatars. Not something you want to get too close to."

"We'll use a magick telescope and watch from a far distance. Our Avatars don't need to be anywhere near it." Serge said, evidently wanting to see all that Horizon had to offer.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Of course they are - nanos have become the generic "sciency explain-all" for this generation of sci-fi.' Nicole replied with a little smile. 'Just like everything was "cyber" in the 80's and "atomic" in the 50's.'

"Can't say I don't like it. I do miss putting the word cyber in front of everything though. Traversing the cyberverse in your cybersuit wielding your state-of the art cyber sword." Serge said, playfully waving his pencil around in the air like a sword. "I do wonder what the next fun sci-fi word will be though. I think it'll be 'quantum'. See a lot of that as well."

Nicole wrote:'You're seriously asking that question? That I should "pull a Cartman", piss off and do stuff just for me when I know shit's going down and I can help stop it?' look and tone rather incredulous. 'Nah, man... It just ain't done, and it ain't right.' shaking her head, perhaps not even understanding Serge's actual point.

"Your right. That was the silly thing to say." Serge said dropping that line of questioning entirely. "You protect people because that's the right thing to do. You have the moral strength to put the needs of others above your own. Like a regular old superman. No other reason needs to be given."

"Sooooo, you got any other fun stories you'd like to share to the class?" he said changing the subject.

Nicole wrote:'Well, now you know.' giving a little smile.

"Boooo, learning. That's not what I came here." Serge said humorous tone.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:56 am

[Serge, Colin, Tane and Adley] (Cabal meeting)

"Why stop at dragons. Aren't there a bunch of mythical creatures in Horizon? Let's meet them all!" Serge said with a smile.

"Horizon have become a refuge for many Bygones yes, but I am not so sure they would be pleased if you treated their home as a petting zoo. Also there are some critters you might not want to meet Serge like for example the Avatar eaters."
Bruce said and frowned.

"We'd need mages from all parts of the magickal spectrum. Both Technomancer's and Mystics." Serge said agreeing with Bruce.

"Agreed."

Colin nodded, "As it happens, I know a couple of potential candidates I can ask - I'm not going to share their contact information all willy-nilly; they have their right to privacy."

Bruce just nodded at that.

He nodded, "Part of the problem is that there is one known incident of past success, and that was buried..."

"Yeah someone are hellbent on making sure Avatar cleansing stay a secret."
The Artificer said and frowned.

He pondered, "The Virtual Adepts might have a few options as far as simulations go, though - which is a good route to go without endangering others."

"I am not so sure this is something it will be easy to run a simulation on."
The other Orphan said an he shook his head.

He frowned, "That depends on her, as well... some are able to find the strength to carry on, some... well... let's hope, if it comes to that, that she'll be in the former category."

Bruce had a dark look in his eyes and he nodded.
"Yeah let us hope that."

He shrugged, "Only to an extent. There are many conveniences even quite senior Magi have adopted, even if they're based on Union advances. Even Chief Morgan is quite fond of his coffee maker."

"I am not sure the well you guys have washing machines and coffee makers so you might as well let us poke a needle in your butt and inject some Technocracy juice into you will fly but yes, the Union have made some good things, no one can deny that."
Bruce said wryly.

He nodded, "I myself was amply vaccinated only months before I Awakened, courtesy of going to war in a foreign country with a lot of sand... it has hardly seemed to hamper my development. But, you're rather stretching the normal bounds of a debate right now."

"That might just be the argument we need, if you Awakened a short time after being vaccinated that should prove that your magickal abilities where not affected by the vaccines."
Bruce said and frowned.

He frowned, "Wakefield is no idiot - the bastard knew precisely what he was doing in trying to malign one vaccine to give his own competing brand a better chance."

"Yeah well, idiot or no he did allot of damage."
Bruce said sourly.

He grinned, "The doctor I had in mind is more of a metaphorical magic unicorn... a dual Traditions physician, both Verbena and Etherite. Remarkably skilled. As for seeing the mythical creatures of Horizon... you don't want to meet them all. There's a beast from an island, a beast that eats Avatars. Not something you want to get too close to."

"Dr Mossley right? I went to her once, the reason I went to Horizon to have an injury fixed, she is a good doctor."
Bruce said and nodded.
"She is dual Tradition? That is rare."

He grinned, "That said, once is not harmful... three days in a row, that's the absolute limit. More than that, you'll get Primium buildup in the brain; you'll want to avoid that."

"Well I do prefer to keep my brain in a reasonably good condition, and if I try it it would be once to know what to expect if I where ever captured by the Union."
Bruce said and frowned.

"You can never read too much fiction." Serge said with a smile. "I need to re-read the Discworld series one day. It's been a while."

"Discworld is a good series."
Bruce agreed and nodded.
"Just make sure you have one leg in the real world as well eh?"

"We'll use a magick telescope and watch from a far distance. Our Avatars don't need to be anywhere near it." Serge said, evidently wanting to see all that Horizon had to offer.

"I would prefer not to see the Avatar eaters at all Serge and I think your Mentor would be rather stern with us if we let you anywhere near them as well."

"I don't think that's going to be a good idea, not for the person trying to wake them either...it would be better to see what occurs. Perhaps something will have changed?"

"Agreed I have said as much, at best something might have changed and we might learn something at and if not then at least the poor man is not scared while he await his fate while he is in the Seeking."
Cita said and she nodded in agreement.

"I can't swear for it being exactly word for word, very nearly so...it stuck with me since it came a bit out of the blue. Before a lot of other things happened..." He frowned. "She was inscrutable then, but perhaps it could not hurt to ask."

"I will give her host a call and we will see if she is willing to shed some light on things."
Cita said.
"But yes it is most curious."

He frowned, "We should see if we can't get someone to keep an eye on his progress as he's in his Seeking... The chap was forced to take a long, hard look at himself when we caught him..."

"Looking into the Seeking of another is not easy or always safe but I can see what I can arrange."

He pondered, "If Teomim worked with them, it stands to reason that we will be able to find some way to communicate. I'm guessing the help you have in mind has a lot of scars, too, Adley?"

"The problem is that we do not know how the Master Alchemist communicated with the Psycopomps."
Cita said and sigh.

He nodded, "So let us not, and say that we didn't, alright?"

Cita smiled at that and nodded.

His expression soured a little, "Ah, yes, I was thinking - perhaps inappropriately - of Mr. Gregario as more of a carer than a Mentor at this stage. My apologies... and yes, casting doubt on him like that is inappropriate. Add to that, I'm not sure if any... former Mage is even capable of mustering so much jealous rage, even."

"Even the ones that do well among the unfortunate ones....are reduced so no most of them are not capable of such an act of passion no, and yes Mr Gregatio are more of Miss Florentine's caretaker right now than her teacher, and he is doing a good job of it."
Cita agreed.

He nodded, "I have passed a few samples to others for very specific examinations - individuals whose discretion I trust well enough to not lead to someone seeking out Anna. There will be no wholesale trading in that sand, owing to the dangers of it, including the strength of the arcane link."

Cita nodded again at that.

He frowned, then nodded, "Such a comparison would be a boon to Anna's trial, as well... however, you will have to ask Anna, too - I'm not going to let you do that against her wishes. There is, however, a compromise in case she is unwilling to part with a scale of her dragon in the present - you may be able to call her in as a material witness, to compare her current Avatar condition to that of the scale. That should be less... invasive, I believe?"
He nodded to Tane, "In fact, he might be able to sing her dragon out safely, so all can see it..."

Cita nodded.
"Off course I would not wish to do this to your apprentice against her will, and yes looking at her Avatar is less invasive but also less direct than showing the two scales side by side but can be done if Anna do not wish to do it, or if Dr Lee think doing so would be unsafe, as I said the procedure would be painful. My suggestion is that we speak with Dr Lee first to see if me taking one of Anna's scales is safe and if he says yes then we can talk with the girl together so that she do not become scared if I do so without you there."
The spirit healer said and she smiled kindly.

He smiled, "And yet, I think her friendship was the finer gift yet..."

Cita smiled a little at that.

He nodded, "The introduction would have to be gentle, but I believe both Dr. Boudavich and Mr. Yager are quite capable of that... well, assuming Mr. Yager's enthusiasm doesn't get the better of him, though I think he's got a bit more sense of decorum than that. Either way, first things first - check with either if they've got the time and availability to come see Miss Florentine and help her."

Cita nodded at that.
"Mr Yager where asked to help Beatrice get some sleep, he was kind and careful with her according to Master Nassa so I think he knows when to keep his enthusiasm in check."
Cita said and nodded.
"Though I can not say for sure since I have not met the kid yet."

'Oh. Fucking. Joy.' Nicole replied. 'Why does this shit always happen to me? Some days I wish I didn't know about all this...' ending with a deep sigh.

"Yeah knowing about the supernatural do not make one's life easier that's for sure."
Trina said with a sigh.

'I'm a pure Tom[boy] who's over six foot and plays with cars and guns. Can't fucking lecture anyone on "gender norms" and shit without being a massive hypocrite. And I do try to not do that.' Nicole replied, giving a little chuckle as she looked at Trina again for a moment, seeming a little confused.

Trina smiled at that.
"I guess, then again who says the only way to be a woman is with frilly dresses and having tea from tiny cups."
The teenager said.
"You are going up against vampires sounds like one hell of a woman to me."

'So... is there any fucking advantage of all this?'

"Sort of, it is easier for us to learn to see spirits and sometimes the spirits will give us gifts, also we don't freak the hell out when we see the shifters do their stuff, but that is about it. Generally it is a shitty deal but it is what it is."
The blond girl chimed in and her friends nodded.

He nodded, "Well, I'll do what I can to make sure you get a chance to learn that in the future."

"Tank you."
Trina said but she sounded a bit doubtful.

He sent Nicole a dirty look, "Thank you so much for clarifying that."
He shook his head, "You're right, though, the system is flawed, but all the same, the system does have protections in place for the less fortunate, unlike the outright predation that happens here."

"If they had more programs to help the poor so people where not in such a desperate situation then buying blood would not be a problem, but as it is the system exploit those who just can not afford to say no."
The kid with the eye problem said and frowned.

He grinned, "Keeping the police from finding the place will not be a problem - we've got two quite capable hackers who can ensure they don't come within a mile of this lot until we want them to."

"Really, you think that is going to work?"
Trina asked and they looked surprised.

He smiled and nodded to Nicole, "Follow her lead, help us with those maps, and we're halfway there already."

The teenagers nodded at that.

He strolled a little closer before speaking up, "Good grief, man, all you need is a couple of buxom wenches in skimpy medieval outfits, and you'd have an 80's heavy metal album cover..."

Bruce grinned he gave his project a few more strikes until he could set it aside and let it cool.
"Well that is not the worst thing in the world."
He replied as he grabbed his shirt and pulled it back on, hiding a very muscled chest with several scars.
"So you and Nicole found the place okey?"

(OOC: Being sick sucks. My hormone problem decided to let me know it exist during the weekend and also the cat scratched me, it got infected and I got a fever so yeah...I feel you Warp even i I where not sick just a bit meh.)

(OOC 2: The New Agers have a clai to Quantum, we have Quantum Touch and Quantum Reiki and Quantum Crystals and all sort of fun stuff.)

(OOC 3: Yeah I think we need to try to cut down on the number of conversation threads in some of the scenes to make the posts a little easier to reply to.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:44 am

[Junkyard]

Colin's Post:

A nod to this.

Anja's Post:

'Who says that... erm, Focus on the Family?' Nicole hazarded, the smirk clear. 'And this world would be much better if folk stood up to shit wherever it is.'

Anja's Post:

'Oh. Goodie.' the large woman replied, wondering whether those "benefits" were cancelled out by being Awakened.

'Question: if all this you're saying is true, how the hell I'm only learning now? I've been in other cities; why haven't folk been coming up to me to say "you're a Kin-folk, Nicky" or a shifter doing their best to get inside my panties?' Nicole's "bed history" going past her mind's eye, a slight frown on realising one or more could have been and she'd not know... 'Is this something which only happens in Boston or something?'

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'And you're not an Adept?' Nicole quipped, giving a laugh. 'Sounds like you're love that "digital realm" I've heard them talk about.'

'Think "bio" may be the next one; y'know, what with genetic engineering and shit.'

Serge's Post:

Nicole shrugged to this. 'I ain't no superhero. Just a gal who's sick of being pushed around and can now do some pushing back.'

Serge's Post:

'Hmm... sports? Current events?'

Serge's Post:

'Better close your eyes and block your ears, 'cos learning's all around you.' Nicole replied, giving a smile.

[It's a class thing again: Nicole's a bit old-school working class, which is less individualistic than middle class folks]

[Yes, too many conversations! That's why I was advocating splitting the thread into two - example, you don't need to have the Nick-Adley and Nick-Serge scenes filling your screen! Also why I'm holding off on the Darrian-Nick scene.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:20 am

Who says that... erm, Focus on the Family?' Nicole hazarded, the smirk clear. 'And this world would be much better if folk stood up to shit wherever it is.'

"Yeah I guess you are right about that, on both points."
Trina said and she nodded.

'Oh. Goodie.' the large woman replied, wondering whether those "benefits" were cancelled out by being Awakened.

"Hey it is something at least."
The blond woman said and shrugged.

'Question: if all this you're saying is true, how the hell I'm only learning now? I've been in other cities; why haven't folk been coming up to me to say "you're a Kin-folk, Nicky" or a shifter doing their best to get inside my panties?' Nicole's "bed history" going past her mind's eye, a slight frown on realising one or more could have been and she'd not know... 'Is this something which only happens in Boston or something?'

"No there are shifters all over the world I think."
Trina said.
"Well first of all one become kinfolk in several generations so your parents might not have known that one of them where kindfolk, it might have been several generations between you and a Ratkin. The second thing is that it is no automatic thing to know that someone is kinfolk, I can see it since a spirit gave me that gift but most who see you just would not know, some might guess it you might dislike cats ad birds of prey, and engage in some kinds of behaviors that are ehm...rat like, but other than that most just would not know. And also who knows if some Ratkin have not tried to get in your pants, they are not stupid, if they can get what they want by buying your drinks or being there when you just need a warm body that is often easier than jumping you."
The teenager said.
"Perhaps you where just lucky, perhaps since you are differnt and hanging around others who are different the Ratkin that noticed you felt it was smart not to approch, you might also have ived somewhere with allot of vampires who could have driven the Ratkin polupation in the area out."
They continued.

(OOC: That there are scenes I am not a part of in the same thread do not add any time really to the posting, and it woul be more work to shift between several threas to get to the long scenes rather than have it all in one place. What makes it long to reply to s that each scenes have so many conversatios which would not be different with another set up. What we need to do is inish up some conversaion threads beore going further within a secene to cut down a bit on how many things in each scene needs replying to.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:58 am

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'Umm...' Nicole replied, realising that Trina had a point, there had been times she'd been frankly easy to get into a bed. 'That is true... not like they'd come up and say "Hey baby, I'm a Ratkin so let's go into an alley".' giving a ghost of a chuckle.

'Driving them out? Hmm, that sounds possible... oh, word of advice; avoid Detroit. They have a habit of draining street folk and leaving their bodies in plain sight.'

'Do they hate vampires then? Are they at war with any other critters which I might find myself being dragged into?' mentally working through the relevant tropes titled "shapeshifter relations".

[The scenes you're not in still add to the bulk of words you have to read. But you're right about trying to limit the conversations; which is why I killed the Colin-Nick scene fairly promptly on the start of 'Junkyard', bowed out of the Cabal fairly early and are holding off the Darrian one]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:14 am

'Umm...' Nicole replied, realising that Trina had a point, there had been times she'd been frankly easy to get into a bed. 'That is true... not like they'd come up and say "Hey baby, I'm a Ratkin so let's go into an alley".' giving a ghost of a chuckle.

"Yeah I mean unless the person they want know what they are it is easier to just you know be there when one is lonely and in need of company even if it is just for the night."
Trina said and nodded.
"And there is no need to say something after either, they would probably just leave and hope a baby came out of it."

'Driving them out? Hmm, that sounds possible... oh, word of advice; avoid Detroit. They have a habit of draining street folk and leaving their bodies in plain sight.'

"You are not the first person who have warned me against Detroit, is it really that bad over there?"
The teenager asked.
"Have you been there?"

'Do they hate vampires then? Are they at war with any other critters which I might find myself being dragged into?' mentally working through the relevant tropes titled "shapeshifter relations".

"Well there are vampires, Ratkin blood is poison to them so they do not like them, many other wer creatures dislike Ratkin due to the plague thing but that is all I know about."
Trina said.
"Then again there is usually some shit to be ragged into when supernatural creatures are involved."
She added with a shrug.

(OOC: Well no one but me need to read everything as all you need do is press control F, type in your character's name or the name of the scene and boom you get to the relevant section. It is completely ok to have scenes going as long as anyone wish but if a scene have conversation threads from the start of a meeting to the end of it then finishing a few of those before making new ones is a good idea.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:40 am

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

Nicole nodded to this. 'True. I'd always been careful on that score.' clearly proud of this; an understandable view from one from a group with endemic teen pregnancies.

Anja's Post:

'Yeah... spent three years there. Fanged things are the main "shit thing" we had do deal with.'

Anja's Post:

'Which is what I'm worried about. Have enough shit I'm in already... last thing I need is some "cousin" coming up and saying "we need you to go and do this thing or else, don't care if it fucks up relations with your lot". Fuck, in that case I think I'd prefer the stretch-marks and swollen ankles.' tone making it clear she'd hate that option too.

[I know about Clrl+F. The issue is that doing a post in this thread usually can take an hour-plus from having to keep on scrolling around to check posts, making sure the formatting is right etc.]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:21 pm

Nicole nodded to this. 'True. I'd always been careful on that score.' clearly proud of this; an understandable view from one from a group with endemic teen pregnancies.

"Perhaps that is why they are more likely to find a woman who is kin in the gutter, we can't afford to be careful, contraceptives cost money."
The blond girl said and sigh.

'Yeah... spent three years there. Fanged things are the main "shit thing" we had do deal with.'

"Fucking vampires."
Trina said vehemently then they got a scared look in their eyes and they looked around to see if anyone had heard what she said, anyone who bight bring her words to vampire ears.

'Which is what I'm worried about. Have enough shit I'm in already... last thing I need is some "cousin" coming up and saying "we need you to go and do this thing or else, don't care if it fucks up relations with your lot". Fuck, in that case I think I'd prefer the stretch-marks and swollen ankles.' tone making it clear she'd hate that option too.

"If they know about you it could happen, then again if you are with the ehm...what where you and the man with the scars and Bruce again? Anyway if your group can kick ass then perhaps they can protect you against insistent relatives."
The young man with the eye problem said and Trina nodded.
"Yeah, be more trouble than it is worth or at least make sure they know that if you do them favors you expect them to offer something in return for you are not defenseless and will fight back if you press the issue."

(OOC: Sometimes a new post will come in but then really all you need to do is check if it concern your character and search for the name there as well and it should be easy to ignore what o not affect your character. We have also been over this so many times, we are not going to change to having one thread per scene for the reasons stated and also none of the other players have a problem with the way we have done it since the start of the game.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Anja wrote:"Horizon have become a refuge for many Bygones yes, but I am not so sure they would be pleased if you treated their home as a petting zoo. Also there are some critters you might not want to meet Serge like for example the Avatar eaters."
Bruce said and frowned.
Anja wrote:"I would prefer not to see the Avatar eaters at all Serge and I think your Mentor would be rather stern with us if we let you anywhere near them as well."

"...Yeah. She would be very angry." Serge said with a defeated smile.

Anja wrote:"Discworld is a good series."
Bruce agreed and nodded.
"Just make sure you have one leg in the real world as well eh?"

Serge gave Bruce a smile and a simple thumbs up.

[Serge' Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'And you're not an Adept?' Nicole quipped, giving a laugh. 'Sounds like you're love that "digital realm" I've heard them talk about.'

'Think "bio" may be the next one; y'know, what with genetic engineering and shit.'

"Yes! Yes I fucking would!" Serge said rather excitedly. " You don't know how badly I want that. I wanna see what that place is like! A fucking digital world! They might have digimon! That sounds so cool. And I'm being taught by a Master Adept! Aaargh." he said his voice changing from excitement to frustration.

"I've heard sleepers can go there...well sort of. I don't know. I couldn't afford a vr headset anyways. So Bio huh? Yeah I can see that." the Ecstatic said shifting gears rapidly. "I've seen 'particle' thrown out a lot too. Pym Particle, Magic Healing Particles, Wave-Particle Duality."

Nicole wrote:Nicole shrugged to this. 'I ain't no superhero. Just a gal who's sick of being pushed around and can now do some pushing back.'

"I cannot imagine you getting pushed around by anybody."

Nicole wrote:'Hmm... sports? Current events?'

"Ahhh, I hate them both so much." Serge said with a strangely cheery smile. "Let's go with sports. You play a lot of them right? Got any favorites?"

Nicole wrote:'Better close your eyes and block your ears, 'cos learning's all around you.' Nicole replied, giving a smile.

Serge did as requested, closing his eyes and placing his hands over his ears like a small child. "There you go. Now I'm aptly protected from the outside world."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:38 pm

"...Yeah. She would be very angry." Serge said with a defeated smile.

"She would and with good reason and I try to not piss of Masters of the Art, if one is going to anger someone it is best not to choose someone with the powers of a god."
Bruce said and grinned.
"And especially when it comes to mages do not mess with a Master's apprentice, and the biggest no no would be to put said Master's apprentice's Avatar in danger, so no Avatar eaters for you but perhaps we can take up room in the hotel who's rooms are literary clouds."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:06 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

"For safety reasons, we might consider skipping gorgons, for example."

"Rarer than a unicorn...and that island and those beasts should /not/ exist. Seeing one was worse enough..." And the aftermath, all the tass that had been avatars, he scowled.

"Near is relative in a realm and in the umbra. If you see one of those things at any distance, I urge you to get as far away as possible. Not to ruin your fun, but they chew up avatars and excrete them as tass." He looked even more pale a moment. "Let's see the unicorns, instead..." he added.

He pondered, "Yes, same one... not sure how he could help us much, though; he seems to be rather specific in purpose. As they are."

"It writes out stories, does it not? Biographies...?"

He nodded, "So I was... It was revealing, seeing those events. But someone needed to bring you back."

"Thank you for that. Again. I think the worst part was that I did not know or realise that what I was seeing was not real. At any rate, it did end up showing us something important but it was dangerous."

'It was... difficult.' Nicole admitted, cautiously. 'Almost quit, actually. Luckily, the Technician noticed that I was a bad fit to the Professor teaching - or he was a bad fit for me - talked me off the roof, got me transferred to the Academy.' 'You?'

He gave a slight shrug. "I assume I got noticed while I was in college by someone. I was good at things that Hermetic magii tend to look for in a potential apprentice but my House is one of the most martial of Houses compared to the more scholarly ones. When I accepted apprenticeship I had to learn a lot about."

[Investigating Avatar Restoration, Cita's apartment]

"That might be good, but whom?"

"Looking into the Seeking of another is not easy or always safe but I can see what I can arrange."

"I'm not sure he's saying peer into the Seeking so much as keep an eye on him until he awakens..if he does."

"The problem is that we do not know how the Master Alchemist communicated with the Psycopomps."
Cita said and sigh.

"There may be hints at that in the book...I can look it over for certain side notes that would give an indication that it would not be the standard way of communicating with spirits."

"Well, something like that," he said, unsure how she would feel about them being called scars when they were her avatar marks. He ate some of the cookies.

He calmly took a sip from his teacup, "Shards are indeed different from an intact Avatar - and in most cases, they can present an actual danger to a Mage. Enough so that, well... that's another reason a certain Italian resents me, just a little..."

"Indeed."

He nodded.

He frowned, "The matching statements could, of course, be a coincidence... but I'm disinclined to believe in those. Fate has a funny way of making its presence known, even if we can quite forcibly change it."
"I will give her host a call and we will see if she is willing to shed some light on things."
Cita said.
"But yes it is most curious."

"It is certainly ominous."

He nodded, "I'm sure some Sleepers experimented with the same methods around the same time as Magi did, too... perhaps not quite as eloquently, but nevertheless..."

"Quite likely."

He shook his head, "No... and to be honest, I don't actually mind it all that much. Most spirits, it seems, don't actively seek out attention, even if they notice I can sense them. Sort of like meeting a colleague at a hockey match, only he's wearing the other team's colours - there's something of an unspoken acknowledgment that neither of you noticed. What I'm actually more interested in is figuring out how to share the sense, if only briefly."

"If you say so, I have found that it can attract unwanted attention sometimes. Some spirits are hostile. At any rate, I am not sure if I can show you how I do it, since it involves a basic understanding of the...hrm, what you would call maybe the ethereal body, or your body that vibrates on the same plane as it is spirit. And part of that is knowing the difference in the base matter and life body, as it were...maybe I can find something in the library though, I've been in there often enough."

"Alright, keep me posted."

// we can probably wrap the Cabal Meeting up

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 30 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum