Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

5 posters

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 Empty Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:32 pm

(OOC: Here is part two of the clean up thread. Happy gaming everyone.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Warpmind Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:44 pm

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
Anja wrote:"Yeah no not really a memory to share and yes my mother talked to Stephanie Baker right in front of me, I wanted to isapair into the floor."
Bruce said with a slight smile.
"Thing is my life have been pretty good, the regular ups and downs off course but pretty good there is very little trauma there, I have been lucky, very lucky."
Colin nodded, "Quite; I managed to go some nearly 25 years here without any new trauma showing up to darken my doorstep. It has been a pleasant, safe place to live."

Jeremy wrote:"...Gummy Honey." Serge said trying to maintain a serious look on his face.
He nodded sagely, "I'll leave it to you to set up the gummy beehives, then. Just make sure they don't get in the way of Adley's adorable spiders."

Anja wrote:"To me if it have bread it is cake, pudding is like chocolate pudding an such, all jiggely."
Bruce declared.
"But you probably know best."
He smiled, "It's not so much the ingredients that make the difference, but how it is prepared."

S7trif3 wrote:"I don't dance. I don't know how, so no one should ever have to bear witness to that at least."
He nodded, "Well, I'm hardly the one most familiar with the dance floor, either."

Jeremy wrote:"Beatrice will probably tell you when she's better. But of course...if she forgets too, there's no reason to inquire about it. Just something I did to help brighten her mood." Serge said trying to dissuade from any further revelation on the picture.
S7trif3 wrote:This only served to make him more curious. "So I didn't hear wrong."
Jeremy wrote:"Well...you might have. What did you hear?"
He arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, I should really like to see which one Adley was portrayed as... I rather suspect you miscast him."

S7trif3 wrote:Adley gave a blank look - he knew who Freddy Mercury was, not not Kayne West, or at least why he should suffer a Verbena's wrath.
He caught Adley's look, then frowned, "Ah, Kanye West is an alleged singer who... has substantially more ego than sense. He lasted about two bars into the song at Glastonbury this summer before he butchered it... and then he dared think he nailed it. And of course, his diehard fans then thought it was great that he gave such exposure to new and unknown artists."

Jeremy wrote:Serge tried to think of a response when a realization came to him. "Wait....I'm not sure if I've ever actually seen Freddy Mercury perform in real life. He was dead long before I was born and I was never into music in the first place. I just know, like, one of his songs and that one rap battle he did with Frank Sinatra."
S7trif3 wrote:"Well, that's true. That song needs a chorus."
He frowned, then went over to a small shelf and pulled out a CD titled 'QUEEN - INNUENDO', and slid it across the table toward Serge, "Unfortunately, I don't have all their albums, but the last song on this one is one of the last performances he managed to deliver in one go... Two glasses of vodka for the pain, and a magnificent 'fuck you' to death. The music video is quite spectacular, too, though that's obviously not on the CD."

Jeremy wrote:"And then get yelled at by everyone for screwing around with their heads. Yeah, probably not going to happen." Serge said with a sigh. "And if it was for my own personal benefit I'd probably just illusion him into a ferocious black knight stalking me to the ends of the earth. Or as a clown named beepo. Either or.
Anja wrote:"See you can whip yourself into shape just make yourself a nice illusion."
Bruce said sounding amused.
"Or you know find some fun form of exercise. I like jogging but if it is not for you then you will never keep it up, what about those computer games you can control by moving around in front of a camera?"
He suggested.
Jeremy wrote:"It's hard to find fun in something when your entire body is aching and dying from it." Serge said with a frown. "Wii games are fun though. But there's not as much movement in them, despite them being called 'exercise games'."
Anja wrote:"That is why you need to build up slowly to get fit, you work until it hurts a little and then stop and then continue and soon you will notice you can do more before you get tired."
Bruce said.
He grinned, "Here's a little trick that's been enjoyed for centuries, though - when your muscles are stiff and achy after such exercise, get yourself a long, hot bath. Really, a hot bath never feels as good as when you've worked out and really earned it."

Jeremy wrote:"I'm pretty certain a lot of people do that." Serge said trying to think back. "Plus latin names just sounds cooler so I'm cool with it."
S7trif3 wrote:As you wish, Sergius."
Jeremy wrote:"See how much cooler that is?" Serge said clearly enjoying the new name. "Sergius the Hunter! You know, cause Yager sounds like Jager which basically means Hunter in german."
He grinned, "Sergius Venator."

S7trif3 wrote:"And now you know why I am so meticulous not to write anything down or leave it behind afterward..."
Jeremy wrote:Serge shrugged at that, once again not showing any signs of flinching even under the Orphans watchful eye. "Sure thing. You could solve the mystery. My money's on Jane. She might've been to young to realize."
He nodded to Adley, "Quite, though I am hardly to blame for this one. Well, no harm done, I suppose, and a simple scrying through time should clear up the question without needing to interrogate the little darlings."

S7trif3 wrote:"Ah, see? I am not as good at math as you, I wouldn't have understood that at all without the explanation."
He grinned, "Truth be told, I wouldn't have figured it out without the explanation, either; at least, not on the first go. The joke has made its way around the internet a few times..."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"Sixty dollars...really?"
The girl's eyes widened.
"I could eat for a long time for that if I am careful...ehm sure I will do so"
She said as she regarded you.
"Thanks man."
He nodded, "It is quite distinct, and by the looks of it, about 90 years old... I would, in fact, be a bit cautious with it; it might have been reported stolen. I can look into that for you, though - just in case."

Anja wrote:"That would be pretty cool, you mages are lucky."
Karin said and smiled.
He smiled wryly, "Well, it does come with a price - Reality's not entirely fond of everything we do."

Anja wrote:"Then I will do that I will pray to the spirits here and leave them little gifts and see what happens."
The blond girl declared.
He nodded, "I will ask what it prefers, and how it prefers to be addressed. It may indeed appreciate the attention."

Nicole wrote:'Oh, not that... but not the time for that topic.'
He nodded, "After the mop-up, then."

Anja wrote:"Yeah...I will do it, I am just not happy abut it, but if I get eaten all up for dinner I am coming back and haunting your grandmother in the shower."
Trina declared glumly.
He smiled sadly, "Alas, she passed away fifteen years ago, so that's not going to work out all that well... I do have a little sister back in England, though, if that helps."

Anja wrote:"Very well then, I will see what I can do on my end."
Narim said and you heard the sound of soup being poured in a bowl and then him sitting down with his computer.
He nodded, "Very good. I'll send over the photos as soon as I have them."

After hanging up, he sent another message to Anna, 'Miss Bouchard will be back in a little bit to gear up for a fight - there are two loaded magazines in my little safe; could you give them to her when she comes in? The code is 3 left, 7 right, 9 left and 1 right.'
Then he fished out his Correspondence monocle and shifted its viewpoint to above the junkyard, taking several decent photos of the lot, and the surrounding streets.

((OOC: Am I going to have to bother rolling for such a simple thing, when all is calm before the storm? Wink ))

((OOC: Also, I finally remembered to add that dot of Fae Lore to Colin's sheet, along with the XP. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Adley Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:29 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

He arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, I should really like to see which one Adley was portrayed as... I rather suspect you miscast him."

He glanced at Serge.

He caught Adley's look, then frowned, "Ah, Kanye West is an alleged singer who... has substantially more ego than sense. He lasted about two bars into the song at Glastonbury this summer before he butchered it... and then he dared think he nailed it. And of course, his diehard fans then thought it was great that he gave such exposure to new and unknown artists."

"I see."

He frowned, then went over to a small shelf and pulled out a CD titled 'QUEEN - INNUENDO', and slid it across the table toward Serge, "Unfortunately, I don't have all their albums, but the last song on this one is one of the last performances he managed to deliver in one go... Two glasses of vodka for the pain, and a magnificent 'fuck you' to death. The music video is quite spectacular, too, though that's obviously not on the CD."

He watched the exchange and gave a thoughtful nod.

He grinned, "Sergius Venator."

"Rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?"

He nodded to Adley, "Quite, though I am hardly to blame for this one. Well, no harm done, I suppose, and a simple scrying through time should clear up the question without needing to interrogate the little darlings."

"Of course."

He grinned, "Truth be told, I wouldn't have figured it out without the explanation, either; at least, not on the first go. The joke has made its way around the internet a few times..."

"Thank you for sparing my ego," he said with a grin.

[Chicago]

"I do not worship any Gods as in serve them, but I respect them and work with several bringing them sacrifices and prayers, but yes there is a spiritual side to us and to this universe, but even there our will and our beliefs rule." Crexia said and nodded.

He nodded thoughtfully, then said, "Sorry, all that just happened, I keep thinking about the ramifications and probably will for a while yet."

"Flux is not at the Well of Souls it is in the same belt of the Umbra housing the Shard realms and the other conceptual realms, it have brothers, realms of pure entropy and pure stasis and no a mage entering Flux would not be good, unless that mage somehow managed to remember who they are and keep their form they would simply join into the mass of chaos and change and loose themselves to the frenzy."
Crexia said then she got a solemn look in her eyes.

"Sounds like a way to go Marauder or permanent Twilight if one was in any way near inclined. How would such a mage go about protecting themselves from such fury when that is the very nature of the realm?" he looked troubled.

"The Well of Souls, the seat of creation was...profound, I would tell you Sodalis but I do not know how, words fail to describe it, even Enochian, some things can not be described, only experienced."

"What about the journey there, can you speak of this?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:48 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin wrote:He nodded sagely, "I'll leave it to you to set up the gummy beehives, then. Just make sure they don't get in the way of Adley's adorable spiders."

"Great. Now I need a gummy beekeeper suit." Serge said with a smirk.

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Well, now, I should really like to see which one Adley was portrayed as... I rather suspect you miscast him."
Adley wrote:He glanced at Serge.

Serge looked at both of the mages and said, "I plead the fifth...that's how that works right?"

Colin wrote:He frowned, then went over to a small shelf and pulled out a CD titled 'QUEEN - INNUENDO', and slid it across the table toward Serge, "Unfortunately, I don't have all their albums, but the last song on this one is one of the last performances he managed to deliver in one go... Two glasses of vodka for the pain, and a magnificent 'fuck you' to death. The music video is quite spectacular, too, though that's obviously not on the CD."
Adley wrote:He watched the exchange and gave a thoughtful nod.

Serge took the CD and gave it a once-over. "Thanks. I'll listen to it as soon as I can. I think my laptop has a CD player..." the ecstatic said politely, although he didn't sound to sure about that last statement.

Anja wrote:"That is why you need to build up slowly to get fit, you work until it hurts a little and then stop and then continue and soon you will notice you can do more before you get tired."
Bruce said.

"Why does everything in real life gotta be so slow and take so much time." Serge said with a sigh. "I normally learn things really fast, but physical prowess and athleticism is one of the only things I can't use my magick to cheat on."

Colin wrote:He grinned, "Here's a little trick that's been enjoyed for centuries, though - when your muscles are stiff and achy after such exercise, get yourself a long, hot bath. Really, a hot bath never feels as good as when you've worked out and really earned it."

"That's if I even make it to my room with sore muscles. I can barely climb the stairs normally." Serge said frowning at the thought of being that much in pain.

Colin wrote:He grinned, "Sergius Venator."
Adley wrote:"Rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?"

"Stop making me sound cooler than I am. It'll just make looking into a mirror more depressing." Serge said humorously.

Colin wrote:He nodded to Adley, "Quite, though I am hardly to blame for this one. Well, no harm done, I suppose, and a simple scrying through time should clear up the question without needing to interrogate the little darlings."
Adley wrote:"Of course."

"That's true." Serge said with a nod saying nothing more.

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"Hum...yeah you are right I had forgotten about that."
Kyle said and nodded.
"Batman was never my favorite so I have not read allot of Batman comics."

"You watch the Nolan movies? Those are pretty good. So is the Batman Animated series." Serge recommended.

Anja wrote:"Hum, well I was thinking about making one that would keep food or drink at the perfect temperature, and one to fool night vision devices where you make a heat puppet of yourself just move off in another direction, that would be practical."
Kyle said and nodded.
"And I would love to make a Diablo 2 style portal, apparently Adley have seen one, I soo want to make one."

"That...that would be so sick! All of those ideas, but especially the portal one." Serge said, clearly enjoying the idea. "Just making a glow-y portal appear out of nowhere would be such a cool thing to do. That such a classic wizard technique. Man now I wanna do that..."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:03 am

Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]

"Why does everything in real life gotta be so slow and take so much time." Serge said with a sigh. "I normally learn things really fast, but physical prowess and athleticism is one of the only things I can't use my magick to cheat on."

"You do not have to become buff you know, just get a bit of excersise to stay healthy."
Bruce said then he sigh.
"But you are an adult kid so far be it for us to pressure you. You choose what you want to do."

Colin nodded, "Quite; I managed to go some nearly 25 years here without any new trauma showing up to darken my doorstep. It has been a pleasant, safe place to live."

Bruce nodded at that.
"Yeah that is true, this is a good place to live, other tan when the Nephandi fuck it up."
The orphan agreed.

He smiled, "It's not so much the ingredients that make the difference, but how it is prepared."

"Oh definitively, and you are a good cook Colin even if some of your dishes have odd names."
The other Orphan said with a smile.

He grinned, "Here's a little trick that's been enjoyed for centuries, though - when your muscles are stiff and achy after such exercise, get yourself a long, hot bath. Really, a hot bath never feels as good as when you've worked out and really earned it."

"Now is not that the truth and failing a hot bath as our apartments come with showers, one of those will do as well, and a nice, fresh smoothie."
The Artificer said and grinned.

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He nodded, "It is quite distinct, and by the looks of it, about 90 years old... I would, in fact, be a bit cautious with it; it might have been reported stolen. I can look into that for you, though - just in case."

"Stolen? They guy said he bought it at goodwill, then again I would not put it past im...no point in looking into it if it is stolen then I will be blamed regardless."
The girl said bitterly and she eyed you nervously.

He smiled wryly, "Well, it does come with a price - Reality's not entirely fond of everything we do."

"How can reality have an opinion? It is just sort of there."
The girl asked sounding confused.

He nodded, "I will ask what it prefers, and how it prefers to be addressed. It may indeed appreciate the attention."

"Thank you, that will be really useful."
The blond girl said and she gave a bright smile.

He smiled sadly, "Alas, she passed away fifteen years ago, so that's not going to work out all that well... I do have a little sister back in England, though, if that helps."

"Ah am sorry, I guess I am going to have to settle for being rather pissed at you if I get killed, very, very pissed."
Trina grumbled.

He nodded, "Very good. I'll send over the photos as soon as I have them."

"Great, I will get everything ready hear in the meantime, and be careful please Mr Wainwright."
Narim said before the call ended.

After hanging up, he sent another message to Anna, 'Miss Bouchard will be back in a little bit to gear up for a fight - there are two loaded magazines in my little safe; could you give them to her when she comes in? The code is 3 left, 7 right, 9 left and 1 right.'

You got a reply back.
"I will get them at once and delete your last message so that your combination will not get into the wrong hands."

Then he fished out his Correspondence monocle and shifted its viewpoint to above the junkyard, taking several decent photos of the lot, and the surrounding streets.

Though a combination of the view you get with your magick and your phone to take pictures you managed to get several goo pictures showing the layout of the abandoned junkyard.

(OOC: No that should be okey after all Colin can just try again until he gets it if he fails.)

(OOC 2: Jay.)

[Chicago]

He nodded thoughtfully, then said, "Sorry, all that just happened, I keep thinking about the ramifications and probably will for a while yet."

"Yes it have not been a easy few days, and you have had it worse than most."
Crexia said and she nodded.
"If you think religion might help you deal with it, then there is nothing wrong with that, and it might even win you some favors among the spirits you direct your worship to."

"Sounds like a way to go Marauder or permanent Twilight if one was in any way near inclined. How would such a mage go about protecting themselves from such fury when that is the very nature of the realm?" he looked troubled.

"Going Marauder, that is you are lucky, you might be returned to a babe and then suddenly be a tree before you are a million bits of bright light, eternal change, eternal chaos that is what Flux is, and as for your question I don't know, I know some werewolves enter Flux, and some Bygones manage to live in it and stay intact but how they do it, that I do not know, I am far to Static a creature to even go near it."
The ancient lich said and frowned.

"What about the journey there, can you speak of this?"

"I can try...I traveled past the Horizon and into the deep Umbra and continued, I would say the journey took a long time but there where no time, a minute or a millennium made no difference, I went past the realms, the bits of reality out there, I went past those manifestations of belief and will and then I came to a grand, white abyss, it was beautiful enough for tears and terrible enough to still haunt my sleep. I can not tell you how to get past it, that chasm will test every traveler differently, and tear apart those it find unworthy, not that form had any meaning, but it was profound and beautiful...it might be the only thing that can fully kill me, and yet I got past it and then....well like I said there are no words."
The archmage said and there where tears in her eyes which she quickly wiped away.

[Going to the Library]

"You watch the Nolan movies? Those are pretty good. So is the Batman Animated series." Serge recommended.

"I watched the Nolan movies those are great, but not the animated series, I wonder if Netflix have it."
Kyle said and nodded.

"That...that would be so sick! All of those ideas, but especially the portal one." Serge said, clearly enjoying the idea. "Just making a glow-y portal appear out of nowhere would be such a cool thing to do. That such a classic wizard technique. Man now I wanna do that..."

"Yeah it would be so cool. Aldy said he saw such a portal made, I got to figure out how it was done."
The young mage said exitedly.
"It would so be worth the Paradox."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:34 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"You do not have to become buff you know, just get a bit of excersise to stay healthy."
Bruce said then he sigh.
"But you are an adult kid so far be it for us to pressure you. You choose what you want to do."

"Yeah I know." Serge said, frowning a little at being called an adult. "Sadly I gotta learn it at some point or risk muscle atrophy. So it's not really much of a choice."

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"I watched the Nolan movies those are great, but not the animated series, I wonder if Netflix have it."
Kyle said and nodded.

"Don't think netflix has it. But you should be able to stream it." Serge said looking up from his book. "Netflix does have a lot of DC animated movies. Those are also a fun watch."

Anja wrote:"Yeah it would be so cool. Aldy said he saw such a portal made, I got to figure out how it was done."
The young mage said exitedly.
"It would so be worth the Paradox."

"See now your speaking my language." Serge said proudly, sharing in the young mages enthusiasm. "Let me know if I can help. We have to find the guys that made it and ask them how they did it. Imagine how sick that would be. Place a portal into your room and then in the kitchen. You can just reach through and get a snack whenever you wanted!"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:56 am

[Cabal Meeting]

"Yeah I know." Serge said, frowning a little at being called an adult. "Sadly I gotta learn it at some point or risk muscle atrophy. So it's not really much of a choice."

"I am sure you will eventually find something you will like kid, what about paintball or laser tag?"
Bruce suggested.
"Or perhaps going swimming."

[Going to the Library]

"Don't think netflix has it. But you should be able to stream it." Serge said looking up from his book. "Netflix does have a lot of DC animated movies. Those are also a fun watch."

"Yeah I have seen some of those they are pretty fun."
Kyle said and nodded.
"I will see if I can fin the Batman Animated show though."

"See now your speaking my language." Serge said proudly, sharing in the young mages enthusiasm. "Let me know if I can help. We have to find the guys that made it and ask them how they did it.

"Yeah that is a goo idea, it would be great to find whoever made the video game portal, and ask them how they did it, though I suspect I would not be able to do so just yet, but that is no reason not to try."
The young mage agreed.

Imagine how sick that would be. Place a portal into your room and then in the kitchen. You can just reach through and get a snack whenever you wanted!"

"I think I would get pretty fat quickly if I just teleported food to myself and never moved so I do not think that would be a good idea but it would be fun to be able to make a portal like that for when it is needed."
Kyle said and smiled.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:08 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Serge looked at both of the mages and said, "I plead the fifth...that's how that works right?"

"This is not a mundane Sleeper court of law and you are not on trial."

"Stop making me sound cooler than I am. It'll just make looking into a mirror more depressing." Serge said humorously.

"Perhaps you need a new mirror."

[Chicago]

"Yes it have not been a easy few days, and you have had it worse than most." Crexia said and she nodded.

"There are many people who have fared worse than I have, but I suppose you could say this is my first combat of this magnitude."

"If you think religion might help you deal with it, then there is nothing wrong with that, and it might even win you some favors among the spirits you direct your worship to."

He shook his head. "I don't know that religon is for me though I feel quite amazed by what I just experienced and still in a bit of awe, too - how could I not be? And no doubt I am thankful and would like to offer sincere gratitude..." He shook his head a little.

"Going Marauder, that is you are lucky, you might be returned to a babe and then suddenly be a tree before you are a million bits of bright light, eternal change, eternal chaos that is what Flux is, and as for your question I don't know, I know some werewolves enter Flux, and some Bygones manage to live in it and stay intact but how they do it, that I do not know, I am far to Static a creature to even go near it."
The ancient lich said and frowned.

"That sounds quite frankly terrifying."

"I can try...I traveled past the Horizon and into the deep Umbra and continued, I would say the journey took a long time but there where no time, a minute or a millennium made no difference, I went past the realms, the bits of reality out there, I went past those manifestations of belief and will and then I came to a grand, white abyss, it was beautiful enough for tears and terrible enough to still haunt my sleep. I can not tell you how to get past it, that chasm will test every traveler differently, and tear apart those it find unworthy, not that form had any meaning, but it was profound and beautiful...it might be the only thing that can fully kill me, and yet I got past it and then....well like I said there are no words." The archmage said and there where tears in her eyes which she quickly wiped away.

He looked thoughtful as she tried to explain it, and then sat back in his chair for a moment as she composed herself again. He sipped at the brandy, until the measure was gone and said, "A profound and personal experience, then... thank you for sharing it with me. Would it be alright if I contacted you later if I have more questions? I don't want to keep you and I still have some things I need to take care of before I go back home."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:27 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"I am sure you will eventually find something you will like kid, what about paintball or laser tag?"
Bruce suggested.

"Wait, I actually really want to do that! Paintball and laser tag! Those both sound really fucking awesome!" Serge said, his excitement quickly returning. "Always wanted to do that but never had the time. So I'm really looking forward to that cabal combat training exercise if it does happen."

Adley wrote:"This is not a mundane Sleeper court of law and you are not on trial."

"Dammit, that's a good point." Serge said mostly to himself. "Anyways the picture is in the node room if no one moved it. If you really want to you can have a look. Can't really remember the details all to well, I drew a lot of pictures that day. Although the flaming dress that Katniss wore does spring to mind."

Adley wrote:"Perhaps you need a new mirror."

"Yeah, one that can sucks people in and traps them in the mirror world where everything is backwards."

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"Yeah I have seen some of those they are pretty fun."
Kyle said and nodded.
"I will see if I can fin the Batman Animated show though."

"Watchcartoononline and Kisscartoon have always worked for me." Serge suggested.

Anja wrote:"Yeah that is a goo idea, it would be great to find whoever made the video game portal, and ask them how they did it, though I suspect I would not be able to do so just yet, but that is no reason not to try."
The young mage agreed.

"Better to learn things in advance. And learning how to do that kind of advanced stuff would probably help you improve." Serge said with a smile. "Bet you it was a VA who made it. Video game shit like that is right up there alley."

Anja wrote:"I think I would get pretty fat quickly if I just teleported food to myself and never moved so I do not think that would be a good idea but it would be fun to be able to make a portal like that for when it is needed."
Kyle said and smiled.

"Use it as a shield. Put a portal in front of you and have bullets and punches fly back at the attacker." Serge said with a smile. "Or just do the classic portal trick and trap someone in between two portals, causing them to fall forever."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:35 am

[Chicago]

"There are many people who have fared worse than I have, but I suppose you could say this is my first combat of this magnitude."

"The first time in real combat is always hard, and it do not always get easier."
Crexia said softly.

He shook his head. "I don't know that religon is for me though I feel quite amazed by what I just experienced and still in a bit of awe, too - how could I not be? And no doubt I am thankful and would like to offer sincere gratitude..." He shook his head a little.

"I am awed by him as well, my grandfather, I am awed by many spirits I have seen their power is impressive, whatever or not you want to channel that into a religious experience that is up to you."
The archmage replied.
"Sometimes it makes things easier."

"That sounds quite frankly terrifying."

"Terrifying, yes most certainly so Sodalis."
Crexia agreed and nodded.

He looked thoughtful as she tried to explain it, and then sat back in his chair for a moment as she composed herself again. He sipped at the brandy, until the measure was gone and said, "A profound and personal experience, then... thank you for sharing it with me. Would it be alright if I contacted you later if I have more questions? I don't want to keep you and I still have some things I need to take care of before I go back home."

"Yes it was profound."
Crexia said as she wipe her tear stained hands on a handkerchief, against the white you could see that her tears where blue, before she folded it up and put it in her belt pouch.
"Of course Sodalis, let me write up my personal number so you can reach me, sometimes I leave my phone with my servant girl Tessa just tell her you want to talk with me."
The archmage said as she rose and went to her desk and wrote up a number on some paper and handed to you.

[Cabal Meeting]

"Wait, I actually really want to do that! Paintball and laser tag! Those both sound really fucking awesome!" Serge said, his excitement quickly returning. "Always wanted to do that but never had the time. So I'm really looking forward to that cabal combat training exercise if it does happen."

"We will go when Adley feels better, but I am sure I can take you out for laser tag one of these days, we can bring Jon along and you can get to know him as well."
Bruce offered.

[Going to the Library]

"Watchcartoononline and Kisscartoon have always worked for me." Serge suggested.

"I have to check those out, thank you."
Kyle said and he smiled a little.

"Better to learn things in advance. And learning how to do that kind of advanced stuff would probably help you improve." Serge said with a smile. "Bet you it was a VA who made it. Video game shit like that is right up there alley."

"Yeah learning advanced stuff helps one advance but only if one know enough to actually pull it off."
Kyle commented.
"Virtual Adepts are that the ones who work with computers?"

"Use it as a shield. Put a portal in front of you and have bullets and punches fly back at the attacker." Serge said with a smile. "Or just do the classic portal trick and trap someone in between two portals, causing them to fall forever."

Yeah or you know teleort them high up into th sky and let them fall, there is allot of things that can be done to portals, or if one is not in a battle one can help pepole get home quicker and such."
Kyle said and nodded.
"But I have to learn to make them first."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:08 pm

[Junkyard]

Anja's Post:

'Which was why I said "if asked".' Nicole replied. 'Okay, pick 'em up and head back to the yard. See you in a bit.' ending with a nod. Unless the girl says anything in reply, Nicole will pull off and head back to the Chantry.

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'May be a crook, but he's our crook.' Nicole quipped, shaking her head at the stupidity of it.

The pair continue heading south, along the Interstate. Soon enough, encountered the signs inviting drivers to "Discover Beautiful Rhode Island".

'They changed the sign.' Nicole commented, clearly getting anxious. 'Traffic isn't so bad today.'

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'No... about things like the Union, Waking Up and all that.' Nicole corrected. 'Already knew about the fucking Jesus Creepers.'

'Tried to "convert" me, actually. The too-often usual drill; find a newbie, try to hammer 'em into your hole regardless to if they'd fit or not.' tone clear that the large woman didn't agree to this.

Serge's Post:

'Eh... perhaps they weren't paying attention to the Exposition character who explained all this shit.' Nicole replied with a smirk. 'Happened to me once... never got why the character knew the water purifier code on Fallout 3 'cos as soon as Dad said at the intro "it's from the Bible" I muted it and had the character stare at a wall.'

Serge's Post:

'If I was a mundie and had to get something shit, I'd pick cancer.' the large woman replied thoughtfully. 'It's a sexy disease - lots of funding, docs and sympathy. Last thing you want is to come down with some random disease nobody's heard of and the only specialist in the world is in Prague.'

Serge's Post:

'Cos for most, it's an "either-or" situation. Example #1: religious nutjobs. Most likely to not listen to doctors, not use logic and to ignore the facts in front of their nose just because the answer is uncomfortable.'

[Winding down now; they can arrive at the Chantry when we've exhausted the topics on-hand]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Jeremy wrote:"Great. Now I need a gummy beekeeper suit." Serge said with a smirk.
Colin grinned, "I suppose you could ask the new Etherite chap - Devon Miles - if he can make one for you. And make sure to get a photo of his expression. He was delightfully flustered when I suggested finding a spot for the prayer candle and blood sacrifice in the cockpit of the Chief's Umbral shuttle."

S7trif3 wrote:He glanced at Serge.
Jeremy wrote:Serge looked at both of the mages and said, "I plead the fifth...that's how that works right?"
S7trif3 wrote:"This is not a mundane Sleeper court of law and you are not on trial."
Jeremy wrote:"Dammit, that's a good point." Serge said mostly to himself. "Anyways the picture is in the node room if no one moved it. If you really want to you can have a look. Can't really remember the details all to well, I drew a lot of pictures that day. Although the flaming dress that Katniss wore does spring to mind."
He grinned to Adley, "Race you down after the meeting, then?"

S7trif3 wrote:He watched the exchange and gave a thoughtful nod.
Jeremy wrote:Serge took the CD and gave it a once-over. "Thanks. I'll listen to it as soon as I can. I think my laptop has a CD player..." the ecstatic said politely, although he didn't sound to sure about that last statement.
He nodded, "If you don't have one, I do believe the old radio in the common room has a working CD player... and few if any are going to object to a bit of Queen played there. If not, well, YouTube, I guess?"

Jeremy wrote:"Why does everything in real life gotta be so slow and take so much time." Serge said with a sigh. "I normally learn things really fast, but physical prowess and athleticism is one of the only things I can't use my magick to cheat on."
Anja wrote:"You do not have to become buff you know, just get a bit of excersise to stay healthy."
Bruce said then he sigh.
Jeremy wrote:"Yeah I know." Serge said, frowning a little at being called an adult. "Sadly I gotta learn it at some point or risk muscle atrophy. So it's not really much of a choice."
Anja wrote:"I am sure you will eventually find something you will like kid, what about paintball or laser tag?"
Bruce suggested.
Jeremy wrote:"Wait, I actually really want to do that! Paintball and laser tag! Those both sound really fucking awesome!" Serge said, his excitement quickly returning. "Always wanted to do that but never had the time. So I'm really looking forward to that cabal combat training exercise if it does happen."
Anja wrote:"We will go when Adley feels better, but I am sure I can take you out for laser tag one of these days, we can bring Jon along and you can get to know him as well."
Bruce offered.
He nodded, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure; more so when it comes to keeping in shape. As for paintball and laser tag - I do believe that if we split up into two teams, I should nominate Miss Bouchard as the opposing squad leader. Keep things a little more fair as far as marksmanship and training goes."

Anja wrote:Bruce nodded at that.
"Yeah that is true, this is a good place to live, other tan when the Nephandi fuck it up."
The orphan agreed.
He nodded, "Even then, it's not too bad."

Anja wrote:"Oh definitively, and you are a good cook Colin even if some of your dishes have odd names."
The other Orphan said with a smile.
He grinned, "Quite so, and blame the English kitchen for the names."

Jeremy wrote:"That's if I even make it to my room with sore muscles. I can barely climb the stairs normally." Serge said frowning at the thought of being that much in pain.
Anja wrote:"Now is not that the truth and failing a hot bath as our apartments come with showers, one of those will do as well, and a nice, fresh smoothie."
The Artificer said and grinned.
He grinned, "Well, if you can't make it up the stairs unaided, that's probably a very good indicator you need the exercise. Don't worry, though, I'm sure Mundi will be more than willing to drag you up the stairs if you ask him nicely."

S7trif3 wrote:"Rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?"
Jeremy wrote:"Stop making me sound cooler than I am. It'll just make looking into a mirror more depressing." Serge said humorously.
S7trif3 wrote:"Perhaps you need a new mirror."
Jeremy wrote:"Yeah, one that can sucks people in and traps them in the mirror world where everything is backwards."
He pondered for a moment, "You might find it easier to simply dump people in the Umbra, if you use a mirror... but while you are at it, how about investing in a Persian Quickrug?"

S7trif3 wrote:"Of course."
Jeremy wrote:"That's true." Serge said with a nod saying nothing more.
He shrugged, "Well, in any case, no harm, no foul... though I suppose the scraps of paper ought to be burnt, just in case."

S7trif3 wrote:"Thank you for sparing my ego," he said with a grin.
He nodded, "You're welcome."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"Stolen? They guy said he bought it at goodwill, then again I would not put it past im...no point in looking into it if it is stolen then I will be blamed regardless."
The girl said bitterly and she eyed you nervously.
He shook his head, "If it were stolen, I rather doubt it would be given to you like that; too easy for the thief to be incriminated when you explained how you got it. A more likely scenario would be that the guy gave you the necklace and then reported it stolen; an heirloom like this might be worth more in insurance than he could get by pawning it... If he got it from Goodwill, though, he probably got it seriously underpriced and didn't realize. And if it is reported stolen, I know a few people able to simply... get rid of the problem. I'll let you know."

Anja wrote:"How can reality have an opinion? It is just sort of there."
The girl asked sounding confused.
He smiled wryly, "In the same way gravity doesn't like it when people jump off buildings, trying to fly... It's just there, and scarcely conscious, but it still doesn't like it when people try to do things that ignore its presence."

Anja wrote:"Thank you, that will be really useful."
The blond girl said and she gave a bright smile.
He nodded.

Anja wrote:"Ah am sorry, I guess I am going to have to settle for being rather pissed at you if I get killed, very, very pissed."
Trina grumbled.
He smiled thinly, "Yours would not be the first ghost to haunt me in anger, I'm afraid... but let us try to avoid the unfortunate scenario entirely."

Anja wrote:"Great, I will get everything ready hear in the meantime, and be careful please Mr Wainwright."
Narim said before the call ended.
He grinned, "Whenever did you know me do not be careful? And don't answer that."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back.
"I will get them at once and delete your last message so that your combination will not get into the wrong hands."
He smiled and texted back, 'Good girl. I'll do the same here.'

Anja wrote:Though a combination of the view you get with your magick and your phone to take pictures you managed to get several goo pictures showing the layout of the abandoned junkyard.
He nodded in satisfaction, then pocketed the monocle again and sent the photos to Narim. Then he stepped over to where the big spirit was hiding and gently knocked on the side of the nearest car, voice a bit soft so as to not make it obvious to everyone in the area what he was doing, "O Spirit of the Junkyard, I would speak with you, and ask your aid; your domain and those who reside in it is threatened."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:26 pm

[Junkyard]

He shook his head, "If it were stolen, I rather doubt it would be given to you like that; too easy for the thief to be incriminated when you explained how you got it. A more likely scenario would be that the guy gave you the necklace and then reported it stolen; an heirloom like this might be worth more in insurance than he could get by pawning it... If he got it from Goodwill, though, he probably got it seriously underpriced and didn't realize. And if it is reported stolen, I know a few people able to simply... get rid of the problem. I'll let you know."

The young woman nodded but she looked scared, she did not trust the law nor your motivations in this.
"So what do you suggjest doing?"
She asked finally.

He smiled wryly, "In the same way gravity doesn't like it when people jump off buildings, trying to fly... It's just there, and scarcely conscious, but it still doesn't like it when people try to do things that ignore its presence."

"So ehm...what happens if you try?"
The young woman asked.

He smiled thinly, "Yours would not be the first ghost to haunt me in anger, I'm afraid... but let us try to avoid the unfortunate scenario entirely."

Trina gave you a bit of a look at that but said nothing she just nodded.

He grinned, "Whenever did you know me do not be careful? And don't answer that."

Narim gave a chuckle at that then he turned serious.
"This Tribunal just buried several of her members let us just add more burials."
He said softly.

He smiled and texted back, 'Good girl. I'll do the same here.'

You got a reply back which said.
"Be careful dad. Is there anything else you need me to do?"

He nodded in satisfaction, then pocketed the monocle again and sent the photos to Narim. Then he stepped over to where the big spirit was hiding and gently knocked on the side of the nearest car, voice a bit soft so as to not make it obvious to everyone in the area what he was doing, "O Spirit of the Junkyard, I would speak with you, and ask your aid; your domain and those who reside in it is threatened."

The large spirit stirred, it was a strange mesh of rusted car parts, like if it was a part of the old junkyard itself, his shape was humanoid and he stood taller than a family home. The mass of trass bent own to regard you, parts falling of his massive body as he did.
"My domain is threatened human stitched together with your own parts? Who dare to threaten my domain, and those who dwell here?"
The spirit spoke, his voice was like and old, rusted car engine starting up.
"You are one of the ones with what I can't touch inside, do your kind threaten my Domain?"
He asked angrily.

'Which was why I said "if asked".' Nicole replied. 'Okay, pick 'em up and head back to the yard. See you in a bit.' ending with a nod. Unless the girl says anything in reply, Nicole will pull off and head back to the Chantry.

"I got that so I did not voulenteer any information."
The girl said.
"Okey I will see you later then."
She said as she headed back into the store.

You drove back to Steelhaven, there where no one else in the garage as you arrived at the Chantry.

He nodded, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure; more so when it comes to keeping in shape. As for paintball and laser tag - I do believe that if we split up into two teams, I should nominate Miss Bouchard as the opposing squad leader. Keep things a little more fair as far as marksmanship and training goes."

"Perhaps so indeed though teams we can discuss when we know who is coming. But yeah I prefer to keep in shape, though I get some of that for free, smiting builds muscles."
Bruce said and he grinned.

He nodded, "Even then, it's not too bad."

"This is true."
The large Orphan agreed.

He grinned, "Quite so, and blame the English kitchen for the names."

The Artificer grinned at that.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:15 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin wrote:Colin grinned, "I suppose you could ask the new Etherite chap - Devon Miles - if he can make one for you. And make sure to get a photo of his expression. He was delightfully flustered when I suggested finding a spot for the prayer candle and blood sacrifice in the cockpit of the Chief's Umbral shuttle."

"I'll keep that in mind and have my camera ready when I find him." Serge said with a smile.

Colin wrote:He grinned to Adley, "Race you down after the meeting, then?"

"I wonder if I can change what that drawing looks like from here..." Serge wondered glancing at his notepad.

Colin wrote:He nodded, "If you don't have one, I do believe the old radio in the common room has a working CD player... and few if any are going to object to a bit of Queen played there. If not, well, YouTube, I guess?"

"Youtube is always an options." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:"We will go when Adley feels better, but I am sure I can take you out for laser tag one of these days, we can bring Jon along and you can get to know him as well."
Bruce offered.

"I met Jon once." Serge said struggling to remember what the VA looked like. "But yeah I'm looking forward to it."

Colin wrote:He nodded, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure; more so when it comes to keeping in shape. As for paintball and laser tag - I do believe that if we split up into two teams, I should nominate Miss Bouchard as the opposing squad leader. Keep things a little more fair as far as marksmanship and training goes."
Anja wrote:"Perhaps so indeed though teams we can discuss when we know who is coming. But yeah I prefer to keep in shape, though I get some of that for free, smiting builds muscles."

"So Mr. Wainwright vs Nicole. Wonder which team will win..." Serge pondered.

Colin wrote:He pondered for a moment, "You might find it easier to simply dump people in the Umbra, if you use a mirror... but while you are at it, how about investing in a Persian Quickrug?"

"I could probably create a fake version of that rug with similar effects..." Serge with a smile. "Just gotta draw it's pattern on my floor."

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"Yeah learning advanced stuff helps one advance but only if one know enough to actually pull it off."
Kyle commented.
"Virtual Adepts are that the ones who work with computers?"

"Yup. Guys like Master Sharaya. They basically hack the world and do all sorts of crazy shenanigans right from there computers." Serge commented.

Anja wrote:Yeah or you know teleort them high up into th sky and let them fall, there is allot of things that can be done to portals, or if one is not in a battle one can help pepole get home quicker and such."
Kyle said and nodded.
"But I have to learn to make them first."

"Well, we can put that on the wishlist as well." Serge said with a smile.

"You know what I want to do though. Rewrite the laws of a given area and have it follow cartoon logic. Stuff always going wrong for the bad guys which gives the plucky young teen protagonist time to escape. Potted plants falling from above and manhole covering just lying open and just a bunch of other things going hilariously wrong for the bad guys."

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'No... about things like the Union, Waking Up and all that.' Nicole corrected. 'Already knew about the fucking Jesus Creepers.'

'Tried to "convert" me, actually. The too-often usual drill; find a newbie, try to hammer 'em into your hole regardless to if they'd fit or not.' tone clear that the large woman didn't agree to this.

"Wait Choristers are the ones who found you? That's not right. Should've been an Etherite..." Serge said in a tone that made it clear that he had made some of his own 'assumptions' as to Nicole's origin story.

"Anyways I doubt any amount of 'converting' would turn you into a Chorister." Serge said with a shrug.

Nicole wrote:'Eh... perhaps they weren't paying attention to the Exposition character who explained all this shit.' Nicole replied with a smirk. 'Happened to me once... never got why the character knew the water purifier code on Fallout 3 'cos as soon as Dad said at the intro "it's from the Bible" I muted it and had the character stare at a wall.'

"Haven't played Fallout 3 in a while." Serge said amusingly. "Always preferred skyrim. It felt less dreary. Plus I'm more of a sword and magic fan."

Nicole wrote:'If I was a mundie and had to get something shit, I'd pick cancer.' the large woman replied thoughtfully. 'It's a sexy disease - lots of funding, docs and sympathy. Last thing you want is to come down with some random disease nobody's heard of and the only specialist in the world is in Prague.'

"Yeah you'll look real sexy with all your hair gone while you waste away to nothing." Serge said, obviously joking. "If I had to get a disease. I'd prefer a mental disorder. Something like Dissociative identity disorder. A.K.A Multiple Personality Disorder. It'd be interesting to see what my alternate persona's would be."

Nicole wrote:'Cos for most, it's an "either-or" situation. Example #1: religious nutjobs. Most likely to not listen to doctors, not use logic and to ignore the facts in front of their nose just because the answer is uncomfortable.'

"People incapable of thinking outside the box and realizing we can have both." Serge said mostly muttering to himself in frustration. "And those nutjobs have their own logic and facts that they follow. You might not agree with it but many do and it works for them."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:17 pm

[Junkyard > Chantry]

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a curious look around the garage as she got out of the car, a little miffed that there wasn't a "welcoming party" - something mollified on reasoning that they may be assembling elsewhere, or not even ready yet.

So she strode into the main building, heading up towards her apartment; keeping a watchful eye for any others seemingly on the same task as she.

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Wasn't found by 'em 'cos I wasn't in a place they usually look.' Nicole said evenly. 'Which meant when this all happened, I was up for grabs. Mirrorshades included, naturally.'

Serge's Post:

'Sure there is. Perform so much mind-fucking so the target has no idea who they even are, suss out their dearest hopes and dreams, then rebuild in your own image - using said hopes as hooks. How the hell do you think the Union fill their ranks - snazzy advertising?'

Serge's Post:

'Bah. Way too easy with the stupid plot markers and shit. You want a real challenge? Go and play Morrowind.'

Serge's Post:

'Not if it's of accountants and tax lawyers.'

Serge's Post:

'What, the "if I want it to be true it is" method which is mainly seen in four year-olds?' Nicole replied. 'And it only works 'cos society generally makes sure such retards are not in a position to seriously fuck up things - just imagine how bad it could be if the head of the CDC was a faith healer during a plague pandemic? "Nah... not going to do those silly things like quarantines and vaccines you're saying... we're instead gonna mailshot Bibles to every address in the country and hold prayathons in every sporting arena!"' the sarcasm heavy and blatant.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:08 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

"I met Jon once." Serge said struggling to remember what the VA looked like. "But yeah I'm looking forward to it."

Bruce nodded at that.

"So Mr. Wainwright vs Nicole. Wonder which team will win..." Serge pondered.

"Indeed well that will have to be decided by tactics."
The Orphan commented.

[Going to the Library]

"Yup. Guys like Master Sharaya. They basically hack the world and do all sorts of crazy shenanigans right from there computers." Serge commented.

"That is pretty cool, they have a interesting way of working magick."'
Kyle said and smiled.
"I wonder how many of those are at this Chantry."

"Well, we can put that on the wishlist as well." Serge said with a smile.

"It is starting to become a very long wish list."
Kyle said with a grin.

"You know what I want to do though. Rewrite the laws of a given area and have it follow cartoon logic. Stuff always going wrong for the bad guys which gives the plucky young teen protagonist time to escape. Potted plants falling from above and manhole covering just lying open and just a bunch of other things going hilariously wrong for the bad guys."

"There are not really any bad guys, I mean the Union for example see us as the bad guys. Having a rote for extreme luck would be nice or extreme misfortune for your opponent but cartoon stuff I think would work best in cartoons to much could go wrong with something like that."
The young mage said and he sounded skeptical.

[Junkyard > Chantry]

Nicole gave a curious look around the garage as she got out of the car, a little miffed that there wasn't a "welcoming party" - something mollified on reasoning that they may be assembling elsewhere, or not even ready yet.

So she strode into the main building, heading up towards her apartment; keeping a watchful eye for any others seemingly on the same task as she.

As you got up into the "lobby" you saw a group of mages gathering outside of the Chief's office, you saw Jon, Richard, Hildegard, Bianca and Fran, the latter of which waved at you.
"I hear you had a problem with some things that need to be exterminated."
Jon said.
"The Chief told us to gather here to offer some aid to you, Bruce and Colin."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:15 pm

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'That we do.' Nicole replied, giving a nod to those she'd met properly before. 'Has anyone filled you in on any of the details yet?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:39 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"Indeed well that will have to be decided by tactics."
The Orphan commented.

"Or raw overwhelming power. But probably tactics." Serge agreed. "Which team do you prefer to be on Bruce? Team Wainwright or Team Nicole?"

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Wasn't found by 'em 'cos I wasn't in a place they usually look.' Nicole said evenly. 'Which meant when this all happened, I was up for grabs. Mirrorshades included, naturally.'

"Guess I was lucky in that regard. My mentor knew exactly when and where I was going to awaken before it it even happened." Serge said thoughtfully.

Nicole wrote:'Sure there is. Perform so much mind-fucking so the target has no idea who they even are, suss out their dearest hopes and dreams, then rebuild in your own image - using said hopes as hooks. How the hell do you think the Union fill their ranks - snazzy advertising?'

"Trust me. I know how to do my fair share of mind-fucking. And I've seen it a lot more close-up then you might think." Serge said evenly. "But you'd be surprised how hard it is. Most people's mind's are extremely resistant to change. But your still right. Enough time and effort and anyone can be turned into playdough."

Nicole wrote:'Bah. Way too easy with the stupid plot markers and shit. You want a real challenge? Go and play Morrowind.'

"I have played Morrowind and you know what, Fuck you." Serge said with a grin. "Love the game but prefer Skyrim all the way. I play games to have fun and I like knowing where I need to go rather than exploring hopelessly around a terrible looking landscape. Plus dragon shouts are just too cool to pass up."

Nicole wrote:'What, the "if I want it to be true it is" method which is mainly seen in four year-olds?' Nicole replied. 'And it only works 'cos society generally makes sure such retards are not in a position to seriously fuck up things - just imagine how bad it could be if the head of the CDC was a faith healer during a plague pandemic? "Nah... not going to do those silly things like quarantines and vaccines you're saying... we're instead gonna mailshot Bibles to every address in the country and hold prayathons in every sporting arena!"' the sarcasm heavy and blatant.

"And in another corner of the world that does happen and I bet it works perfectly fine for them. Because everyone has faith in it and thinks it works and so it does." Serge said with a shrug. "You think this stuff is bullshit so it's hard for you to take it seriously. I like to keep an open mind. Never back away from a different point of view. Never turn down an opinion just because I don't like it or it doesn't agree with me."

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"That is pretty cool, they have a interesting way of working magick."'
Kyle said and smiled.
"I wonder how many of those are at this Chantry."

"I think it's just Master Sharaya." Serge said thinking for a bit. "Although I think Jim is also a VA. Wait I meant Jon sorry. Anyways those are the two that I know."

Anja wrote:"There are not really any bad guys, I mean the Union for example see us as the bad guys. Having a rote for extreme luck would be nice or extreme misfortune for your opponent but cartoon stuff I think would work best in cartoons to much could go wrong with something like that."
The young mage said and he sounded skeptical.

"Awww come on man. Watch I'll make it and then you'll see how great it is." Serge challenged reading his Manipulation of fate book with renewed intensity.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:00 pm

[Chantry]

'That we do.' Nicole replied, giving a nod to those she'd met properly before. 'Has anyone filled you in on any of the details yet?'

"We where told there where vampires bothering some folks over at an abandoned junkyard."
Jon said and Fran nodded.
"We have not gotten allot more information than that yet though."

[Cabal Meeting]

"Or raw overwhelming power. But probably tactics." Serge agreed. "Which team do you prefer to be on Bruce? Team Wainwright or Team Nicole?"

"Since the teams will be about even raw overwhelming power is not going to happen."
Bruce said and he raised an eyebrow.
"I don't know, would be good to get to know Nicole better though."

[Going to the Library]

"I think it's just Master Sharaya." Serge said thinking for a bit. "Although I think Jim is also a VA. Wait I meant Jon sorry. Anyways those are the two that I know."

"Not allot then, well anyway it sounds like they have a really interesting Paradigm, hacking reality is pretty cool."
Kyle said and he smiled.

"Awww come on man. Watch I'll make it and then you'll see how great it is." Serge challenged reading his Manipulation of fate book with renewed intensity.

"No...sorry Serge but I do not think it would be great, first off all it should not be hilarious to take lives, it is okey in movies and cartoons because then it is always clear and the bad guys are just bad guys but that is not how it works in reality. I would not want to live in an cartoon."
The young mage said and he shook his head.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:14 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"Since the teams will be about even raw overwhelming power is not going to happen."

"I can't decide either. Both are really cool." Serge said thoughtfully. "Guess it'll be up to the captains."

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"Not allot then, well anyway it sounds like they have a really interesting Paradigm, hacking reality is pretty cool."
Kyle said and he smiled.

"Yeah. You could probably ask one of those guys to see if they can tell you who made the Diablo portal."

Anja wrote:"No...sorry Serge but I do not think it would be great, first off all it should not be hilarious to take lives, it is okey in movies and cartoons because then it is always clear and the bad guys are just bad guys but that is not how it works in reality. I would not want to live in an cartoon."
The young mage said and he shook his head.

"I never said it would take lives." Serge said with a confused look on his face. "Just cause hilariously bad things to happen to the people I perceive as the bad guys. Gun jams, tripping over their own shoes, just straight up being unable to hit us ala Storm troopers. Stuff like that. Imagine being in a car chase with the Union and then the Union always being block by pedestrian cars or traffic lights. Or hell just running out of gas in the middle of the chase." he explained smiling at the last example.

"And be careful when you say 'that's not how reality works'. Reality isn't just some static thing. It's different for everyone. Saying reality works a certain way is like saying playdough is always in a sphere shape. It might be...until someone decides to reshape it."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:44 pm

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'And the weird thing is... somewhere, a pair of Mirrorshades are saying the very same thing... "how do those Superstitionists brainwash their new members?"' Nicole replied thoughtfully.

Serge's Post:

'Which ruins the sense of adventure. What's the point "exploring" a world if the damn marker shows you where it is and you can fast-travel always?'

Serge's Post:

'"An open mind" means to never discount the unknown, to never assume things. Prayathons are known bollocks. The only ones which do show any benefit are done by Choristers, which contains added mojo. Apart from this, their track record is really shit... unlike actual scientific medicine.'

'But the ultimate test is this: would you trust a faith-healer with bouffant hair to save your life, or a doctor with a medical degree? And no, running off back to base is not an option.'

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Don't know numbers, strength or time of arrival. Main things in our favour are they always arrive at the site from the same direction and appear to be pretty lax.' Nicole said, limiting herself to the known facts, remembering the info she'd memorised on the drive to the Chantry.

'Classical ambush plan; overwhelming fire at enemy from various locations once they've been ID'd by a witness - if we're real lucky, this may be while they're still in their cars. Bystanders will be gone by dusk. Believe fire-breaks are going to be done to limit their movement. Weapons with long range will be good; I've got a spare rifle if someone wants to provide covering fire. Oh, it's gonna be real dark, if you can do night-vision or something which doesn't produce light for the targets to spot will be good.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:59 am

Jeremy wrote:"I'll keep that in mind and have my camera ready when I find him." Serge said with a smile.
Colin grinned, "I think I calmed him down a little when I pointed out I have actual flight experience, and was not bringing a candle or a blood sacrifice... But I don't know if he trusts me entirely as far as handling an Umbral Ship yet. The Chief's found a good teacher for me, though."

Anja wrote:"Perhaps so indeed though teams we can discuss when we know who is coming. But yeah I prefer to keep in shape, though I get some of that for free, smiting builds muscles."
Jeremy wrote:"So Mr. Wainwright vs Nicole. Wonder which team will win..." Serge pondered.
Anja wrote:"Indeed well that will have to be decided by tactics."
The Orphan commented.
Jeremy wrote:"Or raw overwhelming power. But probably tactics." Serge agreed. "Which team do you prefer to be on Bruce? Team Wainwright or Team Nicole?"
Anja wrote:"Since the teams will be about even raw overwhelming power is not going to happen."
Jeremy wrote:"I can't decide either. Both are really cool." Serge said thoughtfully. "Guess it'll be up to the captains."
He arched an eyebrow, "Could you at least be consistent with the team naming? Either Team Colin vs. Team Nicole, or Team Wainwright vs. Team Bouchard. And unless someone gets really creative and brings in a paintball autocannon or some similar equipment, I do believe 'raw overwhelming power' is out of the question. Assuming, of course, that magic is prohibited for the match."

Jeremy wrote:"I wonder if I can change what that drawing looks like from here..." Serge wondered glancing at his notepad.
He smiled wryly, "Now that would be rude, change your gift to Beatrice without consulting her first, and right under her nose... could you really live with that?"

Jeremy wrote:"I could probably create a fake version of that rug with similar effects..." Serge with a smile. "Just gotta draw it's pattern on my floor."
He nodded, "Nothing like believing you're being smothered by a deceptively flat piece of flooring to ruin a burglary, I suppose."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:The young woman nodded but she looked scared, she did not trust the law nor your motivations in this.
"So what do you suggjest doing?"
She asked finally.
He smiled thinly, "Well, the easiest thing to do would be to ask my girlfriend to check police records, and simply delete it if there is something. She's rather a wizard at the computer. Literally. Besides, I do have an interest in that necklace, myself, and it would be most inconvenient if I turned out to have stolen goods in my shop."

Anja wrote:"So ehm...what happens if you try?"
The young woman asked.
He grimaced, "If I were to try to fly unaided, I would make a rather messy dent in the sidewalk, I'm afraid. But doing the impossible, such as picking up a bag of marbles from across the city somewhere, well... it could range from nothing at the moment through an unpleasant headache for a few hours to, well... the absolutely worst case scenarios involve erasing oneself from existence. There are some... holes in history suggesting this has happened to a few people. Mostly, though, the punishment fits the crime, as it were. It's... a price to pay for quite awesome power."

Anja wrote:Narim gave a chuckle at that then he turned serious.
"This Tribunal just buried several of her members let us just add more burials."
He said softly.
He nodded, "Quite. Right now, though, it's a matter of protecting Sleepers from predators who ignore their own Law of Shade, and I think it's worth the risk..."

Anja wrote:You got a reply back which said.
"Be careful dad. Is there anything else you need me to do?"
He pondered before replying, 'This might take a little while, so if you get hungry before I come home, you can heat up the leftover pie on the third shelf in the fridge. And bring some to Freddy as well, so we make sure she eats something a bit better than those horrid microwave dinners.'

Anja wrote:The large spirit stirred, it was a strange mesh of rusted car parts, like if it was a part of the old junkyard itself, his shape was humanoid and he stood taller than a family home. The mass of trass bent own to regard you, parts falling of his massive body as he did.
"My domain is threatened human stitched together with your own parts? Who dare to threaten my domain, and those who dwell here?"
The spirit spoke, his voice was like and old, rusted car engine starting up.
"You are one of the ones with what I can't touch inside, do your kind threaten my Domain?"
He asked angrily.
He bowed slightly, just enough to be polite, "My kind means you no harm, O Spirit; in fact, one of my kind is fond of this place. But there are those who feed on the residents here; those who have a ravenous beast where we have that which you cannot touch inside. Some of my kind are gathering here to destroy those beings, to help keep your domain a safe haven for the abandoned and forgotten. What I would ask is your blessing as we hide and shelter the people who live here."
He smiled, "Also, there is one among the people who live here who would commune with you - so I must ask on her behalf, what prayers and offerings should be made, that you might answer an incarnate being without that which you cannot touch?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:33 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin wrote:Colin grinned, "I think I calmed him down a little when I pointed out I have actual flight experience, and was not bringing a candle or a blood sacrifice... But I don't know if he trusts me entirely as far as handling an Umbral Ship yet. The Chief's found a good teacher for me, though."

"Your still learning?" Serge said sounding surprised. "Huh, I figured you already knew how to fly those things. You seem to know a lot about them."

Colin wrote:He arched an eyebrow, "Could you at least be consistent with the team naming? Either Team Colin vs. Team Nicole, or Team Wainwright vs. Team Bouchard. And unless someone gets really creative and brings in a paintball autocannon or some similar equipment, I do believe 'raw overwhelming power' is out of the question. Assuming, of course, that magic is prohibited for the match."

"I'd rather have magick not be prohibited. Because I'd absolutely worthless if it was." Serge said looking worried. "I'd stand no chance without magick. Granted I'd stand no chance if everyone was allowed to use magick. How about this. Let's compromise and say only I'm allowed to use magick. It's not like it'll make me that much more powerful, especially against several military and combat trained people."

Colin wrote:He smiled wryly, "Now that would be rude, change your gift to Beatrice without consulting her first, and right under her nose... could you really live with that?"

"Nothing would change for Beatrice. The picture would only change when you guys look at it." Serge said with a grin.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'And the weird thing is... somewhere, a pair of Mirrorshades are saying the very same thing... "how do those Superstitionists brainwash their new members?"' Nicole replied thoughtfully.

"Except we have rules for mind fuckery. Rules like 'Don't do it without permission' and 'Really. Don't fucking do it'. From what I've heard The MiB have nothing like that. Their free to do what they want to whoever they want in their quest for the greater good." Serge said in a tone that made it clear he wasn't the biggest fan of the NWO's methods. Or at least what he believed were their methods.

Nicole wrote:'Which ruins the sense of adventure. What's the point "exploring" a world if the damn marker shows you where it is and you can fast-travel always?'

"Don't like them than turn them off." Serge said with a shrug. "Plus it's still exploring even if your walking to a marker or going to a quest location. Seeing the sights and sounds and collecting birds and flowers. Getting attack by the bandits. Drinking to much and waking up in Markarth. Walking past a cave and entering it only to end up in Blackreach."

Nicole wrote:'"An open mind" means to never discount the unknown, to never assume things. Prayathons are known bollocks. The only ones which do show any benefit are done by Choristers, which contains added mojo. Apart from this, their track record is really shit... unlike actual scientific medicine.'

'But the ultimate test is this: would you trust a faith-healer with bouffant hair to save your life, or a doctor with a medical degree? And no, running off back to base is not an option.'

"See what's important their is that I have a choice." Serge said noticeably avoiding the question and taking a different approach. "The choice to use one or both or neither. And that's what's important. The Union tries to take choice away from us. Force us to use the methods they believe are right. Force us to think that's the only one right way and that all others are bullshit. But the truth is that there's never only one way."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:20 am

[Adley and Nicole go to Beefbarn]

'May be a crook, but he's our crook.' Nicole quipped, shaking her head at the stupidity of it. The pair continue heading south, along the Interstate. Soon enough, encountered the signs inviting drivers to "Discover Beautiful Rhode Island". 'They changed the sign.' Nicole commented, clearly getting anxious. 'Traffic isn't so bad today.'

"The merge isn't as bad as it used to be either, but it's still a logjam during commute hours and still a magnet for accidents." He glanced at her, then asked, "You alright?"

[Cabal Meeting]

"I am sure you will eventually find something you will like kid, what about paintball or laser tag?"
Bruce suggested.
"We will go when Adley feels better, but I am sure I can take you out for laser tag one of these days, we can bring Jon along and you can get to know him as well."
Bruce offered.

"It would be beneficial for you to learn how to use and handle a weapon safely, even if for no other reason than to know what to do in case you have to handle one. Laser tag and paintball would hopefully help you learn how to aim somewhat."

"Since the teams will be about even raw overwhelming power is not going to happen."

He glanced at Bruce, still irritated by their former encounter and subsequent mandatory 'get to know time' dealt out by Colin.

"I'd rather have magick not be prohibited. Because I'd absolutely worthless if it was." Serge said looking worried. "I'd stand no chance without magick. Granted I'd stand no chance if everyone was allowed to use magick. How about this. Let's compromise and say only I'm allowed to use magick. It's not like it'll make me that much more powerful, especially against several military and combat trained people."

"Untrue, mental ars are quite as powerful as any other, in the right hands. A clever mage can use such to their advantage. However, it depends on the venue and I do agree we could discuss ways to level the playing field somewhat."

"Dammit, that's a good point." Serge said mostly to himself. "Anyways the picture is in the node room if no one moved it. If you really want to you can have a look. Can't really remember the details all to well, I drew a lot of pictures that day. Although the flaming dress that Katniss wore does spring to mind."

"As I told Colin, no making jokes about flaming Flambeau or I might be inclined to be offended. Did you at least catch my good side?"

He grinned to Adley, "Race you down after the meeting, then?"

"Good one, no doubt you'll beat me, I'm not fit to run anywhere for a while unless there really is a dragon chasing me."

He smiled wryly, "Now that would be rude, change your gift to Beatrice without consulting her first, and right under her nose... could you really live with that?"

"Did she like the picture?"

"Yeah, one that can sucks people in and traps them in the mirror world where everything is backwards."

"Your rooms sound better secured than mine do, perhaps I should have you work on some for ours..."

"The first time in real combat is always hard, and it do not always get easier."
Crexia said softly.

'I've been in fights, but helping to defeat two Labyrinths in a week is, well, a whole other magnitude."

"I am awed by him as well, my grandfather, I am awed by many spirits I have seen their power is impressive, whatever or not you want to channel that into a religious experience that is up to you."
The archmage replied.
"Sometimes it makes things easier."

"Well, perhaps our former host is there, awaiting his friend. That would be nice. At least he has a chance now."

"Of course Sodalis, let me write up my personal number so you can reach me, sometimes I leave my phone with my servant girl Tessa just tell her you want to talk with me."
The archmage said as she rose and went to her desk and wrote up a number on some paper and handed to you.

"You are very kind to me." Standing, he took the number and read it, and then put the number into his phone and handed the paper back to her and then looked for where to put the glass as well. "I should see the Deaconess next...if she is available."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:46 am

[Cabal Meeting]

"I can't decide either. Both are really cool." Serge said thoughtfully. "Guess it'll be up to the captains."

"Well the goal should probably be to get as even teams as possible as that is what will be the most fun."
Bruce said.

"Serge the point is not ti win, it is to have fun, and it sounds like you need to learn to do things without magick as well."
Bruce said with a sigh.

"Nothing would change for Beatrice. The picture would only change when you guys look at it." Serge said with a grin.

"Remember you can not do that without prior consent Serge we had a little talk about this when you made us all see the bees in the Node room, you can not force you illusions on others without their consent."
Bruce said sternly as he regarded the younger mage.

"It would be beneficial for you to learn how to use and handle a weapon safely, even if for no other reason than to know what to do in case you have to handle one. Laser tag and paintball would hopefully help you learn how to aim somewhat."

Bruce nodded his agreement to that.
"Yes it is important that the kid can defend himself if his magick fails or he is unable to use it for some reason."

He glanced at Bruce, still irritated by their former encounter and subsequent mandatory 'get to know time' dealt out by Colin.

"Hey she is the only one in this Cabal I might be able to work in concert with so I should get to know her."
Bruce said with a shrug.

[Chicago]

I've been in fights, but helping to defeat two Labyrinths in a week is, well, a whole other magnitude."

"Yes it have been quite troublesome."
Crexia said.
"Hopefully we will now have some peace though I fear there might be more trouble coming before long."
The archmage said and she frowned.

"Well, perhaps our former host is there, awaiting his friend. That would be nice. At least he has a chance now."

"He might be, he was a great warrior, though there is also a chance he went to the afterlife of his forefathers and the African spirit world is separated from the Western one, the same as the Asian one is, through with some trouble one can cross the boundaries."
The archmage said and nodded.
"But it would be nice if Ernje and Carmon could meet one another again, they where like brothers."

"You are very kind to me." Standing, he took the number and read it, and then put the number into his phone and handed the paper back to her and then looked for where to put the glass as well. "I should see the Deaconess next...if she is available."

"I am only doing what I can to help Sodalis."
Crexia said she accepted te note with her handwiting back, probably to burn it later, and then she took the glass and put it on the table so she could bring it to be cleaned later.
"I believe Deaconess Rose is available, I saw her in the library not long ago, she might be there still or at her office."
She informed you.

[Going to the Library]

"Yeah. You could probably ask one of those guys to see if they can tell you who made the Diablo portal."

"That is a good idea I will ask them."
Kyle said with a smile.

"I never said it would take lives." Serge said with a confused look on his face. "Just cause hilariously bad things to happen to the people I perceive as the bad guys. Gun jams, tripping over their own shoes, just straight up being unable to hit us ala Storm troopers. Stuff like that. Imagine being in a car chase with the Union and then the Union always being block by pedestrian cars or traffic lights. Or hell just running out of gas in the middle of the chase." he explained smiling at the last example.

"You mentioned flower pots falling and hitting them in the head, which is quite often fatal or them falling down a manhole into the sewer which will at least lead to severe injuries and when your opponent's gun fails in a fight you take the chance and you shoot them in the head."
Kyle said and he shook his head.
"What you mention now though have nothing to do with comic book logic, it is straight up manipulating luck, I might be able to do that, but it would be practical and not hilarious."

"And be careful when you say 'that's not how reality works'. Reality isn't just some static thing. It's different for everyone. Saying reality works a certain way is like saying playdough is always in a sphere shape. It might be...until someone decides to reshape it."

"Reality can be changed or so I hear, but reality do not work as in comic books in general and I do not think it should be changed into that either."
The young mage protested.

[Chantry]

'Don't know numbers, strength or time of arrival. Main things in our favour are they always arrive at the site from the same direction and appear to be pretty lax.' Nicole said, limiting herself to the known facts, remembering the info she'd memorised on the drive to the Chantry.

"How is this placed located and how many sleepers?"
Fran asked.
"I mean things will get harder if we can not work magick unseen."
She explained.

'Classical ambush plan; overwhelming fire at enemy from various locations once they've been ID'd by a witness - if we're real lucky, this may be while they're still in their cars. Bystanders will be gone by dusk. Believe fire-breaks are going to be done to limit their movement. Weapons with long range will be good; I've got a spare rifle if someone wants to provide covering fire. Oh, it's gonna be real dark, if you can do night-vision or something which doesn't produce light for the targets to spot will be good.'

"I can handle a rifle and I can see in the dark, sort of."
Fran said.
"So can I, though I am afraid shooting is not my strength, I can provide some fire though, I am hardly as skilled at is as the Chief but I can do some good."
Hildegard said.
"I can probably make an adjustment to everyone's eyes to let us see in the dark, the effect will be temporary but should work well enough."
Richard said and Jon nodded.
"Works for me, I can also handle a rifle by the way and with a little bit of cheating I am a good shot, however we should probably have either Miss Rozzo or Richard hang back, we might need a healer by the time we are done."
Jon commented.

He arched an eyebrow, "Could you at least be consistent with the team naming? Either Team Colin vs. Team Nicole, or Team Wainwright vs. Team Bouchard. And unless someone gets really creative and brings in a paintball autocannon or some similar equipment, I do believe 'raw overwhelming power' is out of the question. Assuming, of course, that magic is prohibited for the match."

"It depends really, if we are doing paintball then we can be far into the woods and we can cast as much magick as we please, but if we are doing lazer tag then we will be in a room playing with sleepers then that is not a good idea."
Bruce commented.

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He smiled thinly, "Well, the easiest thing to do would be to ask my girlfriend to check police records, and simply delete it if there is something. She's rather a wizard at the computer. Literally. Besides, I do have an interest in that necklace, myself, and it would be most inconvenient if I turned out to have stolen goods in my shop."

"Literary? So your girlfriend can do magick with computers?"
The girl said her eyes wide.
"O...ok that do sound practical, I would really like to just sell the necklace, I need food more than I need bling."

He grimaced, "If I were to try to fly unaided, I would make a rather messy dent in the sidewalk, I'm afraid. But doing the impossible, such as picking up a bag of marbles from across the city somewhere, well... it could range from nothing at the moment through an unpleasant headache for a few hours to, well... the absolutely worst case scenarios involve erasing oneself from existence. There are some... holes in history suggesting this has happened to a few people. Mostly, though, the punishment fits the crime, as it were. It's... a price to pay for quite awesome power."

"I guess that there is always a price, but shit, that is harsh, have you ever been punished by reality."
The young girl asked.
"Do not such things make you scared of using magick?"

He nodded, "Quite. Right now, though, it's a matter of protecting Sleepers from predators who ignore their own Law of Shade, and I think it's worth the risk..."

"It is worth it but I would still prefer not to see you injured and besides Freddy would be most displeased if you where."
Narim replied.

He pondered before replying, 'This might take a little while, so if you get hungry before I come home, you can heat up the leftover pie on the third shelf in the fridge. And bring some to Freddy as well, so we make sure she eats something a bit better than those horrid microwave dinners.'

You got a reply back.
"I will do so dad and then I will head over to Kyle's room he should be done with his lessons for the day soon."

He bowed slightly, just enough to be polite, "My kind means you no harm, O Spirit; in fact, one of my kind is fond of this place. But there are those who feed on the residents here; those who have a ravenous beast where we have that which you cannot touch inside.

"I have seen the other one with what I can not touch inside, he makes things, his pressence do not displease me."
The spirit said.
"I have also seen the ones with the aspect inside of them, they come in here and show no respect for my Domain."

Some of my kind are gathering here to destroy those beings, to help keep your domain a safe haven for the abandoned and forgotten. What I would ask is your blessing as we hide and shelter the people who live here."

"I will do so, those that live here are part of my Domain they are the lost and discarded, like the machines here they are part of what I am."
The large spirit agreed.

He smiled, "Also, there is one among the people who live here who would commune with you - so I must ask on her behalf, what prayers and offerings should be made, that you might answer an incarnate being without that which you cannot touch?"

"Anything to add to my domain is a suitable offering, broken machines, bits of metal, things that make my gran domain grow stronger."
The Umbrood declared.
"Such things please me, it is what I am."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 39 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next