Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

5 posters

Page 5 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 39  Next

Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 5 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Adley Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:13 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Bruce looked at you and then he sigh.
"That is actually really sad, not just horrifying but really sad, to want for non existence and destruction rather than creation. But how can we fight it? We can fight the Nephandi and stop them, but when they take someone, when someone Fall that...well I know you guys say there are ways to recover from it but damn I am nto sure I believe that before I see it."
The Orphan said and he shook his head.
"But yeah it is all sad, I can not imagine wanting oblivion like that, I want to create something, something lasting and meaningful that will still be here when I am gone, leave a legacy, I can not imagine wanting to just be gone."

"We fight it by working against their urges and standing with reality. It is a sad state to be in, I would imagine certainly - but they do not understand why we feel sad, because they feel so lost that they walk that twisted path. If one is in the dark, they cannot see anything after all. I wonder if over time, they lose empathy entirely as they lose all their connections, and so we end up with the monsters we are used to hearing about as Nephandi and widderslainte. They see causing pain and distress as acceptable for that is what they feel, and they see no reason why not to do the things they do - perhaps they find some enjoyment or relief of pain by causing pain to others or that ultimately it does not matter for nothing matters or holds meaning for them. A broken husk cannot hold anything. They just wish it all to be gone, including their own pain. I am not sure, there are likely reasons as varied as we are for wanting to create things. But as best as I have been able, when not being actively in firefights with them, I've discussed things with them, or with those like Beatrice, trying to get them to plant a seed in their mindset that they do care about the unvierse, even if it is just one thing or person in it. And what their urges want is to take even that away from them. And so I fight it with hope that something might matter. I do not say it lightly for hope without any basis can be foolish, but there may yet be hope, for some of them. Perhaps we may not save all of them, but if we each could save just a few, what a difference that could make."

[Chicago, Rose's office]

"I ehm...yes I would like to ask if you remember anything about being Dylan, I understand if that is not something you would want to share but I would like...to know what you remember of him."
The Deaconess said sadly.

He wrote out on the tablet: [i]'I read some of the writings you lent me, which I will return to you, and I have had flashes of things from his perspective. He loved his sister very much...I do not suppose you know who her mentor was? And he was brave and smart, even...when bad things happened to him, he did what he felt he had to do. Some of what I know are not things you need to hear, ma'am, it would not do us any good. But perhaps I can feel something more relevant if I try...do you happen to have something of his around? It might trigger something, seeing the picture of him did it for me last time.'

[Adley and Nicole go to Beefbarn]

'It means... my hand has been fucking forced.' Nicole finally answered, giving a sigh. 'That I'm gonna have to make a decision... and if that's "get back in contact", have to do it soon.'

"You decided to come to the area, so I would say you partly decided on something. But if you are not wishing to start that, we can turn around for now. But if you plan on staying, you're right and won't be able to put it off indefinitely."

'"Sticking to the things that are true" ends up with me telling a story which has many "scene missing" cards like Homer's recalling of a night out.' Nicole said, a little exasperated. 'I have a fake name, covered in ink, sixty pounds heavier, twelve years of "scene missing" cards and left this place with a guy who shot someone in a liquor store. There's a good chance that several times cops went to say "Nick's been up to shit again - have you seen or heard from her?" too.'

"If you are so concerned about what people will say and think of you, why did you come back to New England, especially as close as Boston? Surely, you don't owe anyone your 'scene missing' cards, though even if they should ask. You are an adult. Yes, they may talk about you if they see you and that might be a potential problem, for being on any radar is not good as a mage. The only other thing we can do is try to change your appearance or how people remember you with magick, however I do not know how to do that personally.  Other than basic invisibility which would be highly vulgar and I am not supposed to do much magick just now. If I fail it would be bad."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31 - Page 5 Empty Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:58 pm

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'You don't know my folks. Unless I offer a full explanation they accept and doesn't cause them to tell me to fuck off and die, can't do nothing.' Nicole replied. After lighting another cigarette, she continued.

'Do you remember that old spoken-word song that came out around the turn of the Millennium? Can't remember what it's called, but starts with the advice to wear sunscreen? Well, there's a bit in it telling you to get to know your folks, 'cos they'll be gone one day and most likely to be at your side when shit goes down. Realised that was right when I was stuck in bed. Those months gave me a lot of time to think about stuff.'

'Anyway, found out shit later on which I need to act on. This means I have to some fucking how repair a bridge or two.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:57 am

[Cabal Meeting]

Adley wrote:He gave him a blank look. "Well, seeing as this experiment is not apt to be harmful, just a slight waste of time, I might be inclined to try it over our pizza night."

"I'll get started on my hypothesis then." Serge said with a grin.

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"What can I say she love her pet and she did not want her to get put down, seams as good a reason as any to come back from the dead."
Kyle said.
"She is a kind woman. As for her dark side, I am not completely sure how it works, she said that when she became a Risen she had to find a host for her shadow, and it always find a host in what the new Risen most loves, she calls the cat her Conduit."

"That's some freaky shit. Damn." Serge said a little awed by this newfound knowledge of ghosts. "Bet the Euthanatos could tell you some more things about them. They work with ghosts from time to time right?"

Anja wrote:There was a stack of books, a PSP and a cookie jar on the table and a magazine about gaming, other than that there was nothing that probably belonged to Kyle, he had not had time to put any personal touch on the apartment yet.
"Yeah, I mean I do need some things and Master Morgan is kind enough to get me some furniture."
He said and nodded as he started making the cocoa.
"Yeah Ikea is great, also hopefully I will be allowed to get our stuff from home soon as well."

"I don't actually need much. The stuff the apartment came with is fine for me." Serge said nonchalantly. "A bed, a desk, and plenty of wall space to draw on. I'm just going for the pencils, the tiny maps, and a chance at those delicious swedish meatballs."

"You have anything in general you want? Anything your gunning for? A bookshelf maybe?" Serge said gesturing to the stack of books and magazines.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Erm... okay?' Nicole replied suspiciously, moving across the room and pulling down a cardboard box, then opened the black crate below.

"Wait..really?" Serge said in a surprised tone, clearly not expecting that response. "Awesome! Nobody ever says yes. Sweet. Let's see what this jacket can really do!"

If Nicole didn't object further Serge began to to roll up his sleeves and popped his collar, felt the pockets, and focused on the coat. On what it represented. On what it symbolized. The leather jacket. Evocative of cool action hero's and motorcycle bandits. Mysterious and melancholy. Calm and cool. The black coloring, like the night sky or the shadows creeping around the corners. He imagined himself as those action hero's. Focused that imagination through the magick coat and into reality, so that he could embody all aspects of those characters. Like Batman, Ethan Hunt, or Agent J.

All characters who had a tendency to disappear when you took your eyes off of them....

(OOC: Mind 3 effect to evoke an 'obfuscation' like effect. Making it harder to look directly at/or even notice Serge as Nicole's subconscious pushes her to look in another direction. This will be done when Nicole is focused on opening the black crate so that when her attention returns back to Serge, thanks to the Serge's spell + the jackets natural abilities, he will have effectively 'dissapeared'.

Arete Roll: 10, 2, 6, 4 - 4, 8, 10, 5)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:14 am

[Nicole] (Chantry)

Do I?' Nicole replied, looking at Fran. 'Do you do it by candlelight and while in your birthday suit, then?' giving a little grin, then grabbing the glass and gulping down around a quarter of it.

Fran's eyes widened a little then she gave a short laugh.
"Well that teach me not to make any assumptions, and yeah sometimes I do just that so I do not stain my clothes and candle light is nice."
The Euthanathos commented.

'The rifle... yeah, the Mosin I used on the Fallen last month.' getting up off the couch and moving across the room. 'Not had time to fix that scope on yet, so sorry.' unearthing the weapon and giving it the once-over. 'Hmm... better get rid of this.' she muttered, flexing out a finger on her mechanical hand, a blade popping out.

"Interesting..."
Fran said when she saw your blade.
"Those are really useful."
She commented then she nodded at your mention of the rifle.
"It will be fine, I should probably enchant the bullets though so they will do more permanent damage to things that heal."
She said and nodded.

'That... whatshername - the Verbena?' Nicole said to Fran, slicing into the tape at the butt with her finger-blade, giving a quick description of Rozzo. 'Is she gonna be a problem? Looked like she wanted to smack something around, and was unsure if it was me or the vamps.'

"Bianca Rozzo, I don't know I don't know her well, from what I hear she was Master Nassa's student once but he never managed to Awaken her and so she was sent to a Verbena hedge wizard to train, she is a bit of a hippie and have been scaring folks around the Chantry trying to get them to not comply with Dr Lee's request that we all get vaccinated, typical New Age bullshit stuff but other than that I do not know much about her, she is all nature this and nature that though, she is growing a garden on the roof."
The death magus said and shrugged.

[Cabal Meeting]

"We fight it by working against their urges and standing with reality. It is a sad state to be in, I would imagine certainly - but they do not understand why we feel sad, because they feel so lost that they walk that twisted path. If one is in the dark, they cannot see anything after all. I wonder if over time, they lose empathy entirely as they lose all their connections, and so we end up with the monsters we are used to hearing about as Nephandi and widderslainte. They see causing pain and distress as acceptable for that is what they feel, and they see no reason why not to do the things they do - perhaps they find some enjoyment or relief of pain by causing pain to others or that ultimately it does not matter for nothing matters or holds meaning for them. A broken husk cannot hold anything. They just wish it all to be gone, including their own pain. I am not sure, there are likely reasons as varied as we are for wanting to create things. But as best as I have been able, when not being actively in firefights with them, I've discussed things with them, or with those like Beatrice, trying to get them to plant a seed in their mindset that they do care about the unvierse, even if it is just one thing or person in it. And what their urges want is to take even that away from them. And so I fight it with hope that something might matter. I do not say it lightly for hope without any basis can be foolish, but there may yet be hope, for some of them. Perhaps we may not save all of them, but if we each could save just a few, what a difference that could make."

"The Fallen do not understand that their situation is sad? I guess that makes sense. I have seen Bee play with her playdough, making littler figurines only to estroy them and then put the clay back in the pots, trying to make the pots looks untouched, I guess that is a way for her to express herself in a non damaging way."
Bruce said then he nodded.
"Do you think that could work Adley? Talking with the Fallen and try to get them interested in something, something that will last?"
The Orphan asked then he frowned.
"I suspect you are right that the reason or at least part of the reason why the Fallen are generally monsters is that they loose all empathy as they loose contact with creation, I do wonder why that have not happened with Bee and your brother though, what is different about them?"

[Chicago, Rose's office]

He wrote out on the tablet: [i]'I read some of the writings you lent me, which I will return to you, and I have had flashes of things from his perspective. He loved his sister very much...I do not suppose you know who her mentor was?

"Yes he did love his sister, the two of them where always together. Yes I do know who her Mentor was, he used to live here at Morningstar and he was Master Antonius' own apprentice once, he is not...a good man though, he was decent enough towards Dylan's sister but he could be cruel and then one day he just left. We have tried to contact him to tell him that his Mentor do not have long left, but he have not responded nor visited Master Antonius, not once."
Deaconess Rose said with distaste in her voice once she had read what you had written.

And he was brave and smart, even...when bad things happened to him, he did what he felt he had to do. Some of what I know are not things you need to hear, ma'am, it would not do us any good.

"Yes he was a proud and strong man, when he was...executed he behaved with utmost dignity, and when we had to fight against the other Factions he always showed valor."
Madeline said proudly.
"No...there are things that happened in the Labyrinth I...do not think I could stand knowing."
She muttered bitterly.
"My poor son..."

But perhaps I can feel something more relevant if I try...do you happen to have something of his around? It might trigger something, seeing the picture of him did it for me last time.'

Deaconess Rose considered for a moment as se handed your tablet back to you then she nodded and stood.
"I have something actually, I know Hermetics have a sigil, a item which symbolize their membership in the Order of Hermes, the Sons of Ether have something similar, a basic instrument given to all students, constructed by their teacher, a set of Ether goggles, I still have Dylan's set."
She said and she walked over to a safe set to the side in the room, keyed in a combination and opened it, she took out something that looked like pilot goggles but with allot of wires, and dials and knobs, somehow the pair of odd goggles felt so familiar to you they felt like they where yours even if you had never seen them before in this life. Madeline gently touched the goggles lovingly then she carefully held them out towards you.

[Going to the Library]

"That's some freaky shit. Damn." Serge said a little awed by this newfound knowledge of ghosts. "Bet the Euthanatos could tell you some more things about them. They work with ghosts from time to time right?"

"Yeah I was told that they do. I might seek one of them out and ask them more about ghosts when I have settled in, but at the same time I do not want to lead anyone who might want to hurt her to Danielle, I want her to be safe."
Kyle said and he blushed again speaking about the ghost girl.

"I don't actually need much. The stuff the apartment came with is fine for me." Serge said nonchalantly. "A bed, a desk, and plenty of wall space to draw on. I'm just going for the pencils, the tiny maps, and a chance at those delicious swedish meatballs."

"You have anything in general you want? Anything your gunning for? A bookshelf maybe?" Serge said gesturing to the stack of books and magazines.

"The furniture itself is fine I do not care if the furniture is old, my mother might want to spruse things up but for me it is fine but I need some more kitchen stuff, pots and pans and such and also yes bookselves an a desk."
Kyle said as he stirred the pot where he was heating the milk for the cocoa.
"Yeah their meatballs is good. I can also grab some tiny pencils for you as well so you have more of them."
The young mage offered.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole you see Serge just stand there and daydream for a moment, and then as you busy yourself with something for a moment and turn back, then the kid is just gone, you might as well be alone in the apartment for you see no one else there.

Serge you feel reality fight you and scowl at you though within the Chantry magick was so common that you did not attract Paradox but it was very clear that out of this little reality zone you would have.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:25 pm

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a shrug to this, then went back to the black box, pulling off the lid, revealing a large stack of magazines. Placing a heavy ring-binder to the side of her, began to rifle through. 'Ah, there it is.' pulling out a couple in polypocket folders. 'Shit... where have you gone? Quit mucking about!' she said in a irritated manner, on seeing Serge was gone.

[Jacket is a plum purple, not black.]

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

Nicole gave a little laugh at this. 'What? Needed to change into my leathers, that's all.' giving a little shrug, clearly one of those women who are pretty comfortable with showing skin.

Anja's Post:

'Hmm? Oh, the claw.' Nicole replied, looking at it for a moment. 'Yeah, they are. Can't ever be disarmed, well without being literally "dis-armed".' giving a little chuckle. 'Which was why I was running about asking about southpaw gun training - can now do this...' putting down the Mosin for a moment, picking up an unloaded pistol with her left and aiming it at the wall, popping the remaining claws with the right - showing the Euthanatos that the Etherite was part of the au naturel camp regarding the underarms.

'No more "shifting weapon sets" issue for me, eh?' clearly showing off a little.

Anja's Post:

'All is revealed. Think I've put her back up by being a leader in the "get fucking jabbed" camp, me. Plus, think I'm generally the opposite of any nature-hippy, hmm?' giving a little smirk. 'She's not going to be a problem tonight, is she?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:39 pm

[Nicole] (Chantry)

Nicole gave a little laugh at this. 'What? Needed to change into my leathers, that's all.' giving a little shrug, clearly one of those women who are pretty comfortable with showing skin.

Leather is quite practical."
Fran said and she grinned the situation seamed to amused the Euthanathos.

'Hmm? Oh, the claw.' Nicole replied, looking at it for a moment. 'Yeah, they are. Can't ever be disarmed, well without being literally "dis-armed".' giving a little chuckle. 'Which was why I was running about asking about southpaw gun training - can now do this...' putting down the Mosin for a moment, picking up an unloaded pistol with her left and aiming it at the wall, popping the remaining claws with the right - showing the Euthanatos that the Etherite was part of the au naturel camp regarding the underarms.

'No more "shifting weapon sets" issue for me, eh?' clearly showing off a little.

"I have to admit to being rather envious, that is quite a useful weapon."
The death magus said.
"And it would be practical if you got searched, did you find someone to teach you the training you wanted?"
She asked still looking rather impressed.
"Those could ruin someone's day."

All is revealed. Think I've put her back up by being a leader in the "get fucking jabbed" camp, me. Plus, think I'm generally the opposite of any nature-hippy, hmm?' giving a little smirk. 'She's not going to be a problem tonight, is she?'

"Yeah I never bothered much with it myself, not since I was a kid, after all we have several at the Chantry who can heal just about anything...perhaps to much."
Fran said and she got a strange look in her eyes for a fw moments before she shook it of, but Dr Lee says Paradox can lock and illness in sort of and with Mr Wainwright's kid who could die from the flu, I got it done but yeah Miss Rozzo is not to happy about it and she is scaring some folk, especially the ones who have younger apprentices."
Fran said and frowned.
"I have to think that Miss Rozzo will do her job and not cause a problem during the fight, but whatever or not she would like to piss in your cereal later though that is possible, and if she do be careful, you got claws but Verbena tend to be deadly with a blade. Hopefully there will not be an issue though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:50 pm

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"Yeah I was told that they do. I might seek one of them out and ask them more about ghosts when I have settled in, but at the same time I do not want to lead anyone who might want to hurt her to Danielle, I want her to be safe."
Kyle said and he blushed again speaking about the ghost girl.

"You could probably get a book on it." Serge suggested. "Although I'm not sure there are many Euthanatos publishing their knowledge on ghosts. I could be wrong though."

Anja wrote:"The furniture itself is fine I do not care if the furniture is old, my mother might want to spruse things up but for me it is fine but I need some more kitchen stuff, pots and pans and such and also yes bookselves an a desk."
Kyle said as he stirred the pot where he was heating the milk for the cocoa.
"Yeah their meatballs is good. I can also grab some tiny pencils for you as well so you have more of them."
The young mage offered.

"Oh that'd be really handy." Serge said with a smile. "I'm tired of the cashiers giving me strange looks. I mean, I deserved it with my pockets bursting with pencils but they don't need to stare at me. Those pencils were free..." he joked opening up the fae books and looking through it. Skimming through the contents but focusing on the illustrations.

[Serge's Adventure]

Anja wrote:Serge you feel reality fight you and scowl at you though within the Chantry magick was so common that you did not attract Paradox but it was very clear that out of this little reality zone you would have.

Serge touched his the sides of his head in pain as he slowly walked around and behind Nicole. Remaining unseen as he did so. "Thank you chantry and fuck you reality." Serge muttered to himself, although secretly he was glad he had done something worthy of paradox.

Nicole wrote:Nicole gave a shrug to this, then went back to the black box, pulling off the lid, revealing a large stack of magazines. Placing a heavy ring-binder to the side of her, began to rifle through. 'Ah, there it is.' pulling out a couple in polypocket folders. 'Shit... where have you gone? Quit mucking about!' she said in a irritated manner, on seeing Serge was gone.

"OoOoOh. Was Serge ever there? Or was he a figment of your imagination....." Serge said in a cartoonish ghost voice. He could've kept the obfuscation up, having his disembodied voice echo throughout the room with Nicole being unable to tell where it was coming from.  

But the scowl of reality and, more importantly, the scowl of Nicole caused him to drop the spell as he gave his ghostly performance, allowing the Etherite to focus on the fact that the voice was coming directly behind her.

(OOC: Sorry. I thought I remembered you mentioning that it was black somewhere but looking back at the description, the color of the jacket was never mentioned. Darn...that spell really depended on the jacket being black  Sad .)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:15 pm

[Going to the Library]

"You could probably get a book on it." Serge suggested. "Although I'm not sure there are many Euthanatos publishing their knowledge on ghosts. I could be wrong though."

"That is actually a pretty good idea, I can see if I can find any books on ghosts, it is wort a try at least, but I think I have enough books to read for now and the library is right here so I can come back for a book on ghosts later."
Kyle said and smiled.

"Oh that'd be really handy." Serge said with a smile. "I'm tired of the cashiers giving me strange looks. I mean, I deserved it with my pockets bursting with pencils but they don't need to stare at me. Those pencils were free..." he joked opening up the fae books and looking through it. Skimming through the contents but focusing on the illustrations.

Other than the font cover which had some sort of glyph, there where no illustrations at all, just text, 743 pages of text.
"Well I think you are supposed to tae one of those pencils but yeah they are free, I will get you some as well."
The young Hermetic promised as he made the cocoa, then he whipped some cream and to top it of you saw his hands move in elegant gestures before he took two cookies and some ho managed to use a knife to cut a notch in each one so they could be placed on the rim of the cup without cracking the cookies. The pieces he cut out he powdered and used to drissle on top of the whipped cream once the cokoa, the cookie on the rim and the cream was all placed in two large mugs, then he brought the cups to the table and gave you one.
"Here I hope you like it."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:31 pm

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

A little look of confusion about what was so funny, but was too busy to enquire further about it.

Anja's Post:

'Well if you've having work done, might as well go past factory specs.' Nicole replied, giving a flick and stretch of the clawed hand, causing them to slide back in. 'Yeah, Richard helped out. Was easier to re-train 'cos I could simply remove the hand, forcing me to use the left.' putting the pistol down and retrieving the rifle.

Anja's Post:

'There's shit that can't be magicked away, and it's a bad habit to get into - like Muggles who think there's no point with preventative shit 'cos a doc can "cure later".' Nicole replied, now removing the foam from the butt of the Mosin. 'And if she has issues with me... well, she can bring 'em up with me at a time which is empty of jobs that need doing.' quickly checking the rifle's action and nodding.

'You wanted to do something on the rounds for this, right?' gesturing to the rifle.

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Yes, he was.' Nicole replied, a little half-smile on knowing the lack of floor-space in the apartment meant his options were limited. 'Guys in my imagination have better glutes and a fondness for short-shorts.'

'Very funny. Though impressed you managed to sneak around behind me and not knock anything over.' moving forward a bit and turning to face Serge.

[Black, strong purple... part of the 'magick' of the coat is that the colour does appear to shift subtly depending on need/location. So it's not impossible that the purple darkened a bit towards black when he was wearing it].
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:57 pm

[Nicole] (Chantry)

'Well if you've having work done, might as well go past factory specs.' Nicole replied, giving a flick and stretch of the clawed hand, causing them to slide back in. 'Yeah, Richard helped out. Was easier to re-train 'cos I could simply remove the hand, forcing me to use the left.' putting the pistol down and retrieving the rifle.

"I imagine there is allot of things you could do with a arm like that, things to stabilize aim, monitor health, those blades all sort of things."
Fran said and she nodded.
"I am not so sure I would trade a healthy limb for an arm like that but yeah if I had to replace one getting some upgrades sound like a good idea for me."

'There's shit that can't be magicked away, and it's a bad habit to get into - like Muggles who think there's no point with preventative shit 'cos a doc can "cure later".' Nicole replied, now removing the foam from the butt of the Mosin. 'And if she has issues with me... well, she can bring 'em up with me at a time which is empty of jobs that need doing.' quickly checking the rifle's action and nodding.

"I agree, and look at Mr Wainwright's kid her problem was caused by someone fucking up ahealing spell, locking in the injury, that can happen with diseases as well, and besides I would prefer not to get sick in the first place. But yeah hopefully Miss Rozzo will nto cause any problems at an inoppertune moment."
The Euthanathos said and frowned.
"But I will keep an eye on her just in case."

'You wanted to do something on the rounds for this, right?' gesturing to the rifle.

"Yeah vampires are good at healing themselves and unless you manage to decapitate them with a bullet or completely destroy their bodies, they are durable fuckers, however I can enchant the bullets so they can not easily heal the wounds, and if you get in a good hit or two you can actually kill them."
Fran commented.
"Seams worth it to use a few minutes on."

(OOC: Nicole basically have the modern version of a Warder cloak from Wheel of Time. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:21 pm

'You don't know my folks. Unless I offer a full explanation they accept and doesn't cause them to tell me to fuck off and die, can't do nothing.' Nicole replied. After lighting another cigarette, she continued.

"You can't offer them a full, and true explanation. The Laws prohibit it but beyond that as you already said, it could be dangerous. Unfortunately, if you think they will not be satisfied with anything else, then they will not be satisfied...but it still seems better to say something than nothing, or avoid it?"

'Do you remember that old spoken-word song that came out around the turn of the Millennium? Can't remember what it's called, but starts with the advice to wear sunscreen? Well, there's a bit in it telling you to get to know your folks, 'cos they'll be gone one day and most likely to be at your side when shit goes down. Realised that was right when I was stuck in bed. Those months gave me a lot of time to think about stuff. Anyway, found out shit later on which I need to act on. This means I have to some fucking how repair a bridge or two.'

He tried to recall about the song she was talking but couldn't place it then listened to the rest of what she said. "If you feel that is right and important for you then you should make an attempt at it. You're right I don't know your family, or the situation or whatever has given you impetus to act, but you seem to need to do this. You want to go after the game? Or do you want to coordinate a bit first?"

[Cabal Meeting]

"The Fallen do not understand that their situation is sad? I guess that makes sense. I have seen Bee play with her playdough, making littler figurines only to estroy them and then put the clay back in the pots, trying to make the pots looks untouched, I guess that is a way for her to express herself in a non damaging way."

"At least most of those that I have talked with find beauty and a draw of the void in speaking of that, yet cannot tolerate talking about what brought the to that state, the caul.Channeling those impulses in that way is a good outlet, it hurts no one."

"Do you think that could work Adley? Talking with the Fallen and try to get them interested in something, something that will last?" The Orphan asked then he frowned. "I suspect you are right that the reason or at least part of the reason why the Fallen are generally monsters is that they loose all empathy as they loose contact with creation, I do wonder why that have not happened with Bee and your brother though, what is different about them?"

"It takes more than that of course, a lot more. But it's a start, to be supportive of their more natural impulses. I don't know for sure if that's a tipping point, but it seems a reasonable premise. As for what is different...well...there are some thoughts on this, but they need to be considered more. We can have a different talk about that, later perhaps."

[Chicago, Rose's office]

"Yes he did love his sister, the two of them where always together. Yes I do know who her Mentor was, he used to live here at Morningstar and he was Master Antonius' own apprentice once, he is not...a good man though, he was decent enough towards Dylan's sister but he could be cruel and then one day he just left. We have tried to contact him to tell him that his Mentor do not have long left, but he have not responded nor visited Master Antonius, not once."
Deaconess Rose said with distaste in her voice once she had read what you had written.

"Hrm, I see. When did he leave, ma'am? Where did he go?"

Deaconess Rose considered for a moment as se handed your tablet back to you then she nodded and stood. "I have something actually, I know Hermetics have a sigil, a item which symbolize their membership in the Order of Hermes, the Sons of Ether have something similar, a basic instrument given to all students, constructed by their teacher, a set of Ether goggles, I still have Dylan's set." She said and she walked over to a safe set to the side in the room, keyed in a combination and opened it, she took out something that looked like pilot goggles but with allot of wires, and dials and knobs, somehow the pair of odd goggles felt so familiar to you they felt like they where yours even if you had never seen them before in this life. Madeline gently touched the goggles lovingly then she carefully held them out towards you.

He looked curious about the item as she went to retrieve it and then took them with equal care. "Very interesting...I've not in this life seen such goggles up close before, I don't know many Etherites yet, pardon. They feel familiar though, even so...as familiar as any of my own tools," he ran a hand over some of the buttons but didn't move any of them, and then put them up to his face. "Let us see if perhaps my avatar will share with us something," he said, and then unfocused his eyes as he tried to commune with his avatar. He gently sent a feeling of request or permission, focusing on the sensations that he felt in the goggles - familiar but something he'd never touched. 'I have seen many painful things that happened to Dylan, but this is not all of his story. Is there anything you wish to share with us?'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:27 pm

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"That is actually a pretty good idea, I can see if I can find any books on ghosts, it is wort a try at least, but I think I have enough books to read for now and the library is right here so I can come back for a book on ghosts later."
Kyle said and smiled.

"Ahhh, the library. Solution to most of life's problems." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:Other than the font cover which had some sort of glyph, there where no illustrations at all, just text, 743 pages of text.

"Welp..." Serge said as he flipped through the many pages of pure text. "I guess text-based descriptions are just as good. Might take a bit more time though..."

"Well I think you are supposed to tae one of those pencils but yeah they are free, I will get you some as well."
The young Hermetic promised as he made the cocoa, then he whipped some cream and to top it of you saw his hands move in elegant gestures before he took two cookies and some ho managed to use a knife to cut a notch in each one so they could be placed on the rim of the cup without cracking the cookies. The pieces he cut out he powdered and used to drissle on top of the whipped cream once the cokoa, the cookie on the rim and the cream was all placed in two large mugs, then he brought the cups to the table and gave you one.
"Here I hope you like it."

"Thanks!" Serge said eagerly taking one of the cups. He blew on it gently, lowering it's temperature before taking a few sips of the sweet chocolate drink.

"Any particular reason your so good at that? You look like you honed it down to a science."

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Yes, he was.' Nicole replied, a little half-smile on knowing the lack of floor-space in the apartment meant his options were limited. 'Guys in my imagination have better glutes and a fondness for short-shorts.'

"I mean...I could turn myself into your freaky calendar model guys but I don't think either of us want that...for various reasons."

Nicole wrote:'Very funny. Though impressed you managed to sneak around behind me and not knock anything over.' moving forward a bit and turning to face Serge.

"I didn't really do much sneaking. Literally just walked behind you. And of course I didn't knock anything over. Batman never knocks anything over while he's stalking his prey, unless he's causing a distraction." Serge said looking at his the many stacks of mechanical items that were surrounding him, wondering himself how he had managed to avoid them.

"But you have to admit that was cool right? Come on! Stealth Serge! Reality would bitch slap as soon as I tried to do it outside but in here I can basically be invisible. Fuck I wanna do more of that now..."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:18 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

"At least most of those that I have talked with find beauty and a draw of the void in speaking of that, yet cannot tolerate talking about what brought the to that state, the caul.Channeling those impulses in that way is a good outlet, it hurts no one."

"I see, well knowing that do not make the Fallen any less creepy."
Bruce said and frowned.
"Yeah I guess it is a good outlet for her, I bet that is why she have a whole shelf full of pots with playdough in her apartment."

"It takes more than that of course, a lot more. But it's a start, to be supportive of their more natural impulses. I don't know for sure if that's a tipping point, but it seems a reasonable premise. As for what is different...well...there are some thoughts on this, but they need to be considered more. We can have a different talk about that, later perhaps."

"Yeah I guess that this is not the right time for such a discussion. I hope something can be done though to help those like Bee, I hate the thought of her loosing herself to oblivion."
Bruce said and he frowned.
"But yeah hopefully something can be done, but it seams rather hopeless from were I am sitting?"

[Chicago, Rose's office]

Hrm, I see. When did he leave, ma'am? Where did he go?"

"Horizon I believe, he is serving as one of the Hermetic Primus' aides."
Madeline Rose said.
"Or at least he was last time I checked."

He looked curious about the item as she went to retrieve it and then took them with equal care. "Very interesting...I've not in this life seen such goggles up close before, I don't know many Etherites yet, pardon. They feel familiar though, even so...as familiar as any of my own tools,"

"We use it to see the flow of Ether and interact with it, I guess it would be the same as what you would call a tool to see Vim."
The Deaconess explained.
"Our most basic tool, and often our first."

he ran a hand over some of the buttons but didn't move any of them, and then put them up to his face. "Let us see if perhaps my avatar will share with us something," he said, and then unfocused his eyes as he tried to commune with his avatar. He gently sent a feeling of request or permission, focusing on the sensations that he felt in the goggles - familiar but something he'd never touched. 'I have seen many painful things that happened to Dylan, but this is not all of his story. Is there anything you wish to share with us?'

"Thank you for making the attempt Mr Roth Hicks."
The Deaconess said in a kind tone of voice and then, as you looke through the goggles the world changed around you.

You lifted one hand to adjust one of the dials on your goggles and the sheer layer of Ether surrounding all of reality became visible before your eyes, one more turn and you saw the exact frequency you where working with. Your hands reached out to the machine you where working on and with a set of needle nose pliers you adjusted some of the wiring, perhaps perhaps you should remove the transistors you where using and install larger ones, perhaps that would make the device take and hold a charge better. You put the pliers down and reached for a screwdriver, you had to get your resonator done before the May lodge meeting, if you could get it to work you might just get a paper on it published in the Paradigma.

Behind you the door to your workshop opened and you heard the sound of Claire's high heels on the hard floor.
"You missed dinner again Dylan."
You sister said sternly.
"Yes...sorry I almost have this part I will be in later."
You said as you worked on removing a transistor from your device.
"You have to eat Dylan, you will work better if you do, I brought our dinner here, if you will not come to the cafeteria then we can eat here."
The Hermetic said and her tone of voice said that she would not take no for an answer, finally you turned from the machine you where building to see Claire put a cloth down on the workshop floor and put down two plates with meat pie and two with salad, a pitcher of milk and thermos of coffee on the cloth as if she was making a picnic.
"Come and eat brother, then I will leave you alone for the evening but you will spend a few moments having a meal with your sister."
She said and you smiled, where would you be if Claire did not take care of you? You put your tools down and went to join her on the workshop floor for dinner...

Again you where is Deaconess Rose's office looking at Dylan's goggles, you felt his love for Claire and her love for him, his joy over the machine he was working on. Back then he had been happy and safe, doing what he loved with those he loved gathered around him and life and seamed simple and good.

[Going to the Library]

"Ahhh, the library. Solution to most of life's problems." Serge said with a smile.

"Indeed so."
Kyle agreed happily.

"Welp..." Serge said as he flipped through the many pages of pure text. "I guess text-based descriptions are just as good. Might take a bit more time though..."

"You got a books with allot o text?"
Kyle asked and he turned from the pot to glance at your book.

"Thanks!" Serge said eagerly taking one of the cups. He blew on it gently, lowering it's temperature before taking a few sips of the sweet chocolate drink.

"Any particular reason your so good at that? You look like you honed it down to a science."

"What, making cocoa? I don't know I just like cocoa I guess so I got good at making it, sometimes when I was scared at night, afraid the Traditions would get me I...or my mom made some an for a moment all felt warm and safe you know."
The young widderslainte said as he sipped from his cup.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:57 pm

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Now that's something lots of Pluses and their... makers don't get..' Nicole replied, putting the rifle down beside the couch and moving back towards the crate. 'Had several offers, some of them quite major - one woman was selling me spinal work, protections very tasty - she didn't get how I'd have issues with my own spine being cut out and binned first...' crouching down and starting to go through the crate.

Anja's Post:

'Don't worry about it. Can't base a whole plan on one dirty look which could have been about the target's habits.'

Anja's Post:

'Fair enough.' the large woman commented, pulling out a box of ammo and several empty clips. 'You need anything else?'

[Coat can't change colour drastically, will always be purple - but can shift shade of to try to fit surroundings better]

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'True enough.' Nicole replied, giving a hint of a smile. 'It's either a true explanation, or a full explanation. They can't have both.'

Adley's Post:

'What, do it today?' she said, incredulous. 'Fuck no. Don't know where they are exactly for starters - bet I could find out, but would take all day, that would. Plus, need to work out who to approach. Like start off with a cousin or something who'd be more willing to give me a shot than that bitch of a sister who'd start off with a half-hour of screaming.'

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Muscle tone ain't "freaky".'

Serge's Post:

'Well, get yourself your own sneaky-coat, then.' the large woman replied, rolling her eyes. 'But no capes, remember that.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:26 pm

[Nicole] (Chantry)

'Now that's something lots of Pluses and their... makers don't get..' Nicole replied, putting the rifle down beside the couch and moving back towards the crate. 'Had several offers, some of them quite major - one woman was selling me spinal work, protections very tasty - she didn't get how I'd have issues with my own spine being cut out and binned first...' crouching down and starting to go through the crate.

"Your whole spine? Shit that would have had to be risky, I get not wanting that done, I would prefer my brain and spine staying safe thank you."
Fran said and frowned then she looked at your arm.
"Did it hurt when they installed it? Did you have to be awake while they did it or something?"

'Don't worry about it. Can't base a whole plan on one dirty look which could have been about the target's habits.'

"Agreed it is best not to make to much out of one look."
The Euthanathos agreed.

'Fair enough.' the large woman commented, pulling out a box of ammo and several empty clips. 'You need anything else?'

"No that should be it."
Fran said as she accepted the rifle and the bullets.
"Do you need anything enchanted while I am at it Nicole?"
The death magus offered.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:48 pm

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Less risky than you'd think.' Nicole replied, handing over the box of ammo - clearly Russian or perhaps even Soviet military surplus - and the clips. 'Main cramp is the nerve-synthetic translators, which this-' flexing out her cybernetic arm '-has already solved. And as any middle-aged person will tell you, the spine is a crap design anyway.' showing that the Etherite didn't have any fundamental objections to the technology itself.

'Was in a coma when they put the arm on - they needed to do stuff like putting in the wiring and splicing the frame into the bone.' giving a little shrug. 'In fact, the botched mojo healing and toxic shock was the shit which caused most of the pain.'

Anja's Post:

'Hmm... not sure.' moving back to the couch and finishing to load the final clip. 'I'm okay, but Colin could do with a bit of an assist.' moving back to the crate, rifling around and digging out his now-refurbished Browning. 'Can you do something on the weapon itself, or only ammo?'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:10 pm

[Nicole] (Chantry)

Less risky than you'd think.' Nicole replied, handing over the box of ammo - clearly Russian or perhaps even Soviet military surplus - and the clips. 'Main cramp is the nerve-synthetic translators, which this-' flexing out her cybernetic arm '-has already solved. And as any middle-aged person will tell you, the spine is a crap design anyway.' showing that the Etherite didn't have any fundamental objections to the technology itself.

"Yeah there can be issues with a spine still carving it out and replacing it sounds rather scary."
Fran said and frowned.
"Yeah how do your arm work? Is it connected to your nerves and such so you can control it?"

Was in a coma when they put the arm on - they needed to do stuff like putting in the wiring and splicing the frame into the bone.' giving a little shrug. 'In fact, the botched mojo healing and toxic shock was the shit which caused most of the pain.'

"Yeah healing can botch and the you are fucked."
The Euthanathos said and frowned.
"Still sounds like you have to have spent some time in bed after that."

Hmm... not sure.' moving back to the couch and finishing to load the final clip. 'I'm okay, but Colin could do with a bit of an assist.' moving back to the crate, rifling around and digging out his now-refurbished Browning. 'Can you do something on the weapon itself, or only ammo?'

"Yeah i can strengthen it's patterns make it less likely to misfire, boost it's luck as well but it might not do the same amount of damage as if I enchant the bullets but it should help."
Fran explained.
"I can do that much at least, it should help."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:24 pm

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]
S7trif3 wrote:"That's not quite right, I think. At least that is not how I understand it. Let me try to explain why I feel there is a significant difference. The primordial void still has potential to be all things while it is being nothing; it is a chaos state where there is possibility but no organization of forms. It is an emptiness that can be filled and emptied again. In some beliefs, it is something of the gap created when heaven was separated from earth and was the first thing to exist. Taking from the same cosmology as the word Qlippoth, such a primordial state would be more similar to the Ein Sof, which is endless and infinite, a state before manifestation, beyond the thoughts of man. This 'empty' space was necessary for creation to have come to be, like letting a breath out before you take another one in allows you to breathe. Or the way the zero marks on a page hold a place for something else to be added or subtracted or how a dot on a page before a line curve partitions a new space. What the Nephandi want is more of an eternal, existential void, no-thing. Never. Not, without the possibility to ever breathe again. Erasing the zero so there can not be a place. Non-differentiation with non-existence. This is a key difference. It is not just a reversal of the cycle, it is an inversion of the possibility of being-ness, which is a tendency of our Tellurian to unfold in all it's manifested forms - no cycle at all. The tree of life casts a shadow from the time when creation was first made from the world of forms into the higher reaches, and these are called qlippoth, the husks. These Qlippoth have no ability for potentially being anything ever and are impure. The reason this term is applied to Nephandi's magick seems to be that such magick destroys reality through negation, not just reducing it to parts. I think it reaches beyond the veils that we say cover the most extant reaches, that are beyond that which our Universe is, reaching downwards, a place which is Not a place, which has /nothing/ no time, no potential, no one, to the unspeakable and seemingly even beyond the veil that is the Ein, the upper limit of the Absolute - to 'where' the caul shows those that go through it, which I think is not so much a place as an unbirthing chamber that cuts one off from their links to the Tellurian itself. Then it spits the inverted ones back out here, into the manifested world, torn up. Likewise their magick then tears everything up."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Well, you would certainly know more about the Hermetic and Kabbalistic theory on the subject... I'd certainly want to delve deeper into the theory with you later."

Anja wrote:Bruce looked at you while you spoke and he was silent for a while before he finally said.
"I am a simple man Adley I am not going to pretend I understood all that but what i did understand where terrifying. So the Nephandi do not just want to destroy this world, or unmake it but to estroy the possibility that there will be anything but nothing, that is worse than destruction, I mean with destruction and death, you ha a past, what you did and who you where mattered but with just...nothing."
The Artificer shuddered.
"And their magick is linked to that because they where showed such a state n the Caul? How can you show someone that...how is that possible and how fucked up must you be if you where?"
He said then he looked at Adley a worried look in his eyes.
"Do Bee want to end reality as well or rather for it to have never been?"
He asked.
"Is such a thing what our Cabalmate is searching for?"
S7trif3 wrote:"It seems you understood just fine. It is not just destruction, it is utter annihilation. As far as I have spoken with them, they do not want a cycle of rebirth to occur. While things decay, there is hope that a new world can also be created. Some people believe this has happened many times, and that this continues to happen in cycles. But the Nephandi from what I understand do not want anything ever again, and this is where we have a foot in the door with their human selves that are still tied to this world. Or, perhaps to parts of their avatar that do in fact remember something, on rare occasion. Most that I have spoken with do not want the world to end now, but after they are done experiencing things. I have challenged that this can be selfish, that the avatar does not belong to any one of us, that the world is not our playtoy alone. Some Nephandi want personal undoing only, not for others or the world, and while I feel that is /still/ a huge loss, because the Nephandi are eroding us one avatar at a time, they are less apt to try to ruin everything for everyone all at once. Ad so it makes a different kind of fight, though one that is still important, perhaps critical. Those that go in that caul most often do not come out again the way they went in, they become broken, an important link severed, something essential forgotten, what we call inverted. In speaking of their new urge, they find this annihilation a source of extreme beauty, as one would fine the upper reaches of creation beautiful. They are returned to the manifested world feeling agony, scared and hurt, and they turn that outwards to the world, and lash out and find pleasure in exerting pain on the world that they feel rejected them, though they may not have even known it going in, they rejected it themselves, that is the tragedy. Oh they may still find their personal affections, but over time, some of them get it into their heads to take everything down on their time. Those that fight with their avatar over it's new urge to descend have a hard time and may not be numerous. Who knows how many reincarnations they go through feeling such a way but I feel that fight is very important."
Anja wrote:Bruce looked at you and then he sigh.
"That is actually really sad, not just horrifying but really sad, to want for non existence and destruction rather than creation. But how can we fight it? We can fight the Nephandi and stop them, but when they take someone, when someone Fall that...well I know you guys say there are ways to recover from it but damn I am nto sure I believe that before I see it."
The Orphan said and he shook his head.
"But yeah it is all sad, I can not imagine wanting oblivion like that, I want to create something, something lasting and meaningful that will still be here when I am gone, leave a legacy, I can not imagine wanting to just be gone."
S7trif3 wrote:"We fight it by working against their urges and standing with reality. It is a sad state to be in, I would imagine certainly - but they do not understand why we feel sad, because they feel so lost that they walk that twisted path. If one is in the dark, they cannot see anything after all. I wonder if over time, they lose empathy entirely as they lose all their connections, and so we end up with the monsters we are used to hearing about as Nephandi and widderslainte. They see causing pain and distress as acceptable for that is what they feel, and they see no reason why not to do the things they do - perhaps they find some enjoyment or relief of pain by causing pain to others or that ultimately it does not matter for nothing matters or holds meaning for them. A broken husk cannot hold anything. They just wish it all to be gone, including their own pain. I am not sure, there are likely reasons as varied as we are for wanting to create things. But as best as I have been able, when not being actively in firefights with them, I've discussed things with them, or with those like Beatrice, trying to get them to plant a seed in their mindset that they do care about the unvierse, even if it is just one thing or person in it. And what their urges want is to take even that away from them. And so I fight it with hope that something might matter. I do not say it lightly for hope without any basis can be foolish, but there may yet be hope, for some of them. Perhaps we may not save all of them, but if we each could save just a few, what a difference that could make."
Anja wrote:"The Fallen do not understand that their situation is sad? I guess that makes sense. I have seen Bee play with her playdough, making littler figurines only to estroy them and then put the clay back in the pots, trying to make the pots looks untouched, I guess that is a way for her to express herself in a non damaging way."
"Do you think that could work Adley? Talking with the Fallen and try to get them interested in something, something that will last?"
The Orphan asked then he frowned.
"I suspect you are right that the reason or at least part of the reason why the Fallen are generally monsters is that they loose all empathy as they loose contact with creation, I do wonder why that have not happened with Bee and your brother though, what is different about them?"
S7trif3 wrote:"At least most of those that I have talked with find beauty and a draw of the void in speaking of that, yet cannot tolerate talking about what brought the to that state, the caul.Channeling those impulses in that way is a good outlet, it hurts no one."
Anja wrote:"I see, well knowing that do not make the Fallen any less creepy."
Bruce said and frowned.
"Yeah I guess it is a good outlet for her, I bet that is why she have a whole shelf full of pots with playdough in her apartment."
S7trif3 wrote:"It takes more than that of course, a lot more. But it's a start, to be supportive of their more natural impulses. I don't know for sure if that's a tipping point, but it seems a reasonable premise. As for what is different...well...there are some thoughts on this, but they need to be considered more. We can have a different talk about that, later perhaps."
Anja wrote:"Yeah I guess that this is not the right time for such a discussion. I hope something can be done though to help those like Bee, I hate the thought of her loosing herself to oblivion."
"But yeah hopefully something can be done, but it seams rather hopeless from were I am sitting?"
He listened quietly as Adley explained, then went over to his little safe and, concealing the combination, opened it, and took out a tiny vial with a pinch of sand in it, holding it up, "Bruce... this sand is beyond precious. It is partial proof that a Fallen Avatar can revert itself. It's not the only sample, and I've distributed some to other secure locations for research and safekeeping... but I hold here proof that it's not hopeless. All it takes is Will, and willingness to come home, as it were. Hum, on that note, do you know anything about making glass?"

Anja wrote:"Howdid you get your hands on the Tass supplies of a Ethership?"
The Orphan asked sounding surprised.
He smiled innocently, "Why, I asked the owner. I'll be cleaning her ship later, once I figure out exactly how to do so. It's a bit complicated, though."

S7trif3 wrote:"Hate requires much energy after all."
Jeremy wrote:"I don't know. I can imagine him getting actively angered by it. Indifference is also likely. Confusion though...that's a given. Will probably wonder why everyone is yelling."
S7trif3 wrote:"Or maybe I will be more understanding of them sounding as if they're yelling."
Jeremy wrote:"This can be an experiment. What are Adley's first emotion while watching an average episode of Dragon Ball Z? Excitement? Disgust? Confusion? Understanding? Will he react differently to different episodes? So many variables..." Serge said with a faraway look.
S7trif3 wrote:He gave him a blank look. "Well, seeing as this experiment is not apt to be harmful, just a slight waste of time, I might be inclined to try it over our pizza night."
Jeremy wrote:"I'll get started on my hypothesis then." Serge said with a grin.
He shook his head, "If you don't mind, I'll be passing up on that one... I saw a few episodes when it first aired, just before going to Iraq, I have no particular interest in the show."

Anja wrote:"Well if he have had traumatic experiences then it is doubly important that he is made to feel safe and in control and that nothing is done against his will, at least while it is possible, his upcoming trial will be rough on him, I hear that the Security Council on Horizon is not kind."
Bruce said and frowned.
He nodded, "He'll have a rough time of it... not as rough as some others, but all the same..."

Anja wrote:"Well you can always tell them the truth that it is a sarcasm jar."
Bruce said wryly.
S7trif3 wrote:"Just say it is your kid's piggy bank."
He smiled wryly, "I'll have to go with the sarcasm jar."

Jeremy wrote:"God I hate economics so much." Serge said bitterly. "Fine, 65 years."
He arched an eyebrow, "Actually, with the mechanics of inflation, it should shorten the time before someone pays you that much for a painting, but by then, that sum simply won't be worth as much as it is today..."

Jeremy wrote:"Why must you bankrupt a child Mr. Wainwright." Serge said with a mock shake of his head.
S7trif3 wrote:"Does it count if you're not in earshot?"
He grinned, "Consider it an enforced savings plan... and I think we can afford to go by an honour system."

Anja wrote:"Is not piercing nipples a bit more of a deal than the earlobe, I mean four and five year old little girls, sometimes younger happily do it."
Bruce commented still not convinced.
He frowned, "Certainly, it's a bit more of a deal, owing to, hm, let's say mechanical functions. I am not pleased with toddlers getting ear piercings, though - though I may be slightly on the conservative side in that regard; a five-year-old won't understand the ramifications, so that's... well, I consider it a bit unethical. But you're right in any case; it's not exactly the same."

[Abandoned Junkyard]
Anja wrote:"So you can have these insane battles with space ships in the spirit world then?"
The teenager asked.
"I don't know if that is terrifying or really, really cool."
He smiled thinly, "A bit of both, really. And it can be really beautiful out there, too..."

Anja wrote:"Hum...well I am wearing my armor but I have a gun, in the safe in my room that would be useful to have."
Bruce said.
"I have enchanted the bullets they pack a punch."
He nodded, "You had best call for them, then, just in case."

((OOC: Ooog, long couple of days at the end of this week... Seriously, my job is getting harsher; they expect me to work during office hours... Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:33 pm

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'Have a BCI which translates from the nerves to wires.' Nicole replied. 'Sure I told you about it back in the Fallen base.'

Anja's Post:

'The fact the Doc let the "bone-rattle and chanting brigade" into her bay shows she was stuck for ideas.' Nicole said calmly, almost as though she was talking about someone completely unrelated. 'Which didn't work... nothing would take.' picking up the webbing from the crate and starting to slot in the clips.

'Was laid up for 'bout three month in total. So fucking boring.'

Anja's Post:

'Won't misfire 'cos I just did a full refurb on it.' she commented. 'Making it "luckier" sounds good, though.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:46 pm

[Cabal Meeting]

Anja wrote:"Yeah I guess that this is not the right time for such a discussion. I hope something can be done though to help those like Bee, I hate the thought of her loosing herself to oblivion."
Colin wrote:He listened quietly as Adley explained, then went over to his little safe and, concealing the combination, opened it, and took out a tiny vial with a pinch of sand in it, holding it up, "Bruce... this sand is beyond precious. It is partial proof that a Fallen Avatar can revert itself. It's not the only sample, and I've distributed some to other secure locations for research and safekeeping... but I hold here proof that it's not hopeless. All it takes is Will, and willingness to come home, as it were. Hum, on that note, do you know anything about making glass?"

"You know..." Serge said speaking up. "I was asked to go through Beatrice's mind to make sure she was alright, after the ritual thing. When I did so, I found nothing that indicated that she was fallen. As I walked through her dreams all I found were the thoughts of a girl who loved to create. Everything seemed normal. I found no trace of corruption or hatred in her heart. Either she was good at hiding it or it laid deeper into her soul after whatever ritual you guys did."

Then looking at the strange sand Colin held he said, "But what matter's is that she's fighting. And like Mr. Wainwright said, where there's a will there's a way. We're mages man. Nothing's hopeless and anything is possible. Cheesy saying I know, but it's certainly has some truth to it."

[Going to the Library]

Anja wrote:"You got a books with allot o text?"
Kyle asked and he turned from the pot to glance at your book.

"Yeah." Serge said holding up the book for Kyle to see. "Wanted to make a gift for Deaconess O'Connor and thought it'd be a good idea to learn a bit about the fae. Make the picture especially for her and what she misses the most. But sadly it doesn't have any pictures of what they look like. So I'm gonna have to use the text-description and my imagination. Which I'm good at...still a lot of reading though."

Anja wrote:"What, making cocoa? I don't know I just like cocoa I guess so I got good at making it, sometimes when I was scared at night, afraid the Traditions would get me I...or my mom made some an for a moment all felt warm and safe you know."
The young widderslainte said as he sipped from his cup.

"Mother's cooking is always the sweetest." Serge said with an understanding nod. "You play much on your PSP?" he continued, changing the subject and nodding towards the PSP laying in the corner of the room.

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'Muscle tone ain't "freaky".'

"Maybe not for you. Scares the shit out of me. Always afraid the guy is gonna break me in half if I look at him wrong."

Nicole wrote:'Well, get yourself your own sneaky-coat, then.' the large woman replied, rolling her eyes. 'But no capes, remember that.'

"Alright then Edna Mode." Serge said with a smirk. Then, glancing at the magazines Nicole had uncovered Serge asked, "So those are the magazines? Neat. Mind if I take a look?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:34 pm

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'What are you made out of then - balsa wood?' Nicole quipped with a smirk.

Serge's Post:

'That they are. Amazing Stories, March '43 and Weird Tales, Fall '51. Enjoy the tales of Doc Eon and Professor Pi.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:53 am

'True enough.' Nicole replied, giving a hint of a smile. 'It's either a true explanation, or a full explanation. They can't have both.'

"Unfortunately."

'What, do it today?' she said, incredulous. 'Fuck no. Don't know where they are exactly for starters - bet I could find out, but would take all day, that would. Plus, need to work out who to approach. Like start off with a cousin or something who'd be more willing to give me a shot than that bitch of a sister who'd start off with a half-hour of screaming.'

"If you don't know where they are there is less chance they know where you are, or that you are here, at least. I have no idea how your approach should work, but screaming does seem a rather counterproductive result. Well, I suggest we go to the game. Watch it, have one of those awful pretzels and then eat something after. If some how some gossip gets back to your family, how much worse off would you be? The only other option is going back home, and we'll be at the stadium soon. I don't think you actually want to go back to Boston, do you?"

[Cabal Meeting]

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Well, you would certainly know more about the Hermetic and Kabbalistic theory on the subject... I'd certainly want to delve deeper into the theory with you later."

"I know this is from my perspective, but there is a subtle difference between destruction or the usual entropy that we experience naturally and the utter annhilation that the Nephandi seem to want and that their magick employs. I have books on the subject and we can talk more of course."

"Yeah I guess that this is not the right time for such a discussion. I hope something can be done though to help those like Bee, I hate the thought of her loosing herself to oblivion." Bruce said and he frowned. "But yeah hopefully something can be done, but it seams rather hopeless from were I am sitting?"
He listened quietly as Adley explained, then went over to his little safe and, concealing the combination, opened it, and took out a tiny vial with a pinch of sand in it, holding it up, "Bruce... this sand is beyond precious. It is partial proof that a Fallen Avatar can revert itself. It's not the only sample, and I've distributed some to other secure locations for research and safekeeping... but I hold here proof that it's not hopeless. All it takes is Will, and willingness to come home, as it were. Hum, on that note, do you know anything about making glass?"

He watched as Colin held up the vial.

He grinned, "Consider it an enforced savings plan... and I think we can afford to go by an honour system."

"Ah, yes. Well, we're going to be broke then."

[Chicago, Rose's office]

"Horizon I believe, he is serving as one of the Hermetic Primus' aides." Madeline Rose said. "Or at least he was last time I checked."

He raised an eyebrow. "Is that so?"

"We use it to see the flow of Ether and interact with it, I guess it would be the same as what you would call a tool to see Vim."
The Deaconess explained.
"Our most basic tool, and often our first."

"Hm...I must wonder why you use something over your eyes to see it; I have seen others use items similarly..." he mused.

Again you where is Deaconess Rose's office looking at Dylan's goggles, you felt his love for Claire and her love for him, his joy over the machine he was working on. Back then he had been happy and safe, doing what he loved with those he loved gathered around him and life and seamed simple and good.

He smiled a little to himself and send a feeling of gratitude for his avatar. Then he offered the goggles back out to the Deaconess. He brought up the tablet and wrote out: 'I saw a time before things became complicated. He liked improving things -tinkering, I suppose, he was trying to make the goggles work better, removing one part to put a different one in place. He loved his sister and his work - he enjoyed it so much he often forgot to eat it seems and his sister would chase him down and make sure he did. He was happy here and felt safe. He wanted to get a paper finished and put into the Paradigma, to show off in May. I do not really understand the project but it felt important to him.'

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:35 am

[Serge's Adventure]

Nicole wrote:'What are you made out of then - balsa wood?' Nicole quipped with a smirk.

"Was thinking more like plywood. But then again I never took woodshop so I don't know the difference." Serge said with a grin.

Nicole wrote:'That they are. Amazing Stories, March '43 and Weird Tales, Fall '51. Enjoy the tales of Doc Eon and Professor Pi.'

"Thanks!" the young ecstatic said cheerily as he took the magazines and began to flip through them, skimming the contents. "Got any recommendations?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:07 am

[Cabal Meeting, 10 AM, Wednesday September 30th]

"You know..." Serge said speaking up. "I was asked to go through Beatrice's mind to make sure she was alright, after the ritual thing. When I did so, I found nothing that indicated that she was fallen. As I walked through her dreams all I found were the thoughts of a girl who loved to create. Everything seemed normal. I found no trace of corruption or hatred in her heart. Either she was good at hiding it or it laid deeper into her soul after whatever ritual you guys did."

Then looking at the strange sand Colin held he said, "But what matter's is that she's fighting. And like Mr. Wainwright said, where there's a will there's a way. We're mages man. Nothing's hopeless and anything is possible. Cheesy saying I know, but it's certainly has some truth to it."

Bruce nodded.
"I was shocked when Bee told us she is a widderslainte, she have always been so kind, perhaps a bit creepy but I mean Verbena are creepy they always have to bleed on all the things, so I thought it was just that."
He said then he nodded.
"Well we can hope some way to save her will present itself."

"Sand? What is it from and how is it proof that an Avatar can cleanse itself?"
Bruce asked as he looked at the little vial of sand with curiosity.
"Me no, I have not worked with glass but it is one of Nico's specialties, you should see some of the things they create they are amazing."

He smiled innocently, "Why, I asked the owner. I'll be cleaning her ship later, once I figure out exactly how to do so. It's a bit complicated, though."

"Interesting a corrupted Umbral ship then?"
Bruce asked.
"How are you planning on cleanse it?"

He nodded, "He'll have a rough time of it... not as rough as some others, but all the same..."

"No I suspect that many o the captured Nephandi will have a shit time of it at Horizon, there really should be some laws in place to limit the amount of abuse prisoners in Horizon go though."
The Orphan said and frowned.

He smiled wryly, "I'll have to go with the sarcasm jar."

Bruce chuckled at that.

He frowned, "Certainly, it's a bit more of a deal, owing to, hm, let's say mechanical functions. I am not pleased with toddlers getting ear piercings, though - though I may be slightly on the conservative side in that regard; a five-year-old won't understand the ramifications, so that's... well, I consider it a bit unethical. But you're right in any case; it's not exactly the same."

"Well it do not really entail that much, unless you are into acupuncture then the earlobe is just a bit of flesh so as long as you go to a doctor or a piercing studio an take care of the piercing serious infection are not likely so worst case the kid tire of the piercing and take it out and they will end up with a tiny scar on their earlobe and that will be about that."
Bruce said and shrugged.
"So as long as a kid is old enough to make the choice then it is okey by me not that I have any kids."

[Abandoned Junkyard]

He smiled thinly, "A bit of both, really. And it can be really beautiful out there, too..."

"Yeah our families have said that it is really beautiful out in the Umbra."
Karin said and nodded.

He nodded, "You had best call for them, then, just in case."

"I will do so."
Bruce said and talking about phone calls your phone rang the caller id showing that it was the Chief calling.

[Nicole] (Chantry]

'Have a BCI which translates from the nerves to wires.' Nicole replied. 'Sure I told you about it back in the Fallen base.'

"Hum...oh yeah you did say that when we where at the Labyrinth."
Fran said then she looked at you.
"Ehm...what exactly is a BCI?"

The fact the Doc let the "bone-rattle and chanting brigade" into her bay shows she was stuck for ideas.' Nicole said calmly, almost as though she was talking about someone completely unrelated. 'Which didn't work... nothing would take.' picking up the webbing from the crate and starting to slot in the clips.

'Was laid up for 'bout three month in total. So fucking boring.'

"Yeah you know bone rattles are one of my most important foci."
The Euthanathos said sounding amused.
"But yes I hear that re attatching or regenerating severed limbs are not easy."
She said then she frowned.
"My brother always hated being in the hospital, and e had to be in the hospital allot at the end."
She muttered.
"I guess they do sort of suck."

'Won't misfire 'cos I just did a full refurb on it.' she commented. 'Making it "luckier" sounds good, though.'

"Got you, luck boost it is then."
Fran said as she took Colin's weapon.
"Ok see you later then, I should get stuff done before we have to go."
The death magus said as she headed towards the door, waiting to see if you had anything else to say.

[Going to the Library]

"Yeah." Serge said holding up the book for Kyle to see. "Wanted to make a gift for Deaconess O'Connor and thought it'd be a good idea to learn a bit about the fae. Make the picture especially for her and what she misses the most. But sadly it doesn't have any pictures of what they look like. So I'm gonna have to use the text-description and my imagination. Which I'm good at...still a lot of reading though."

"That is a nice thing to do for Deaconess O'Connor."
Kyle said as he took down two large, white mugs from the kitchen cabinet.
"Yeah it is allot of reading but reading can be allot of fun if it is about a interesting topic."

"Mother's cooking is always the sweetest." Serge said with an understanding nod. "You play much on your PSP?" he continued, changing the subject and nodding towards the PSP laying in the corner of the room.

"That is true, though my dad makes the best pasta dishes."
Kyle said and he smiled fondly then his eyes went to his PSP and he nodded.
"Yeah, I play on it allot, I know there is the VITA now and this is an older model but I have many games for it and I use it often. I like video games."
The boy said before sipping his cocoa again.

[Chicago, Rose's office]

He raised an eyebrow. "Is that so?"

"Yes that is so I tried to contact him when Master Antonius' condition got worse but he just sent a letter back that he would not be visiting."
The Deaconess said and she frowned.

"Hm...I must wonder why you use something over your eyes to see it; I have seen others use items similarly..." he mused.

"Because we see what we do as science, and while some of us have the ability to see Ether with our eyes and Dr Hamilton-Smith have developed a rug that will enhance your pineal gland allowing you to see the layers unaided but goggles give us the option to pinpoint frequencies and other details in the Etheric layer."
Madeline explained.

He smiled a little to himself and send a feeling of gratitude for his avatar. Then he offered the goggles back out to the Deaconess. He brought up the tablet and wrote out: 'I saw a time before things became complicated. He liked improving things -tinkering, I suppose, he was trying to make the goggles work better, removing one part to put a different one in place. He loved his sister and his work - he enjoyed it so much he often forgot to eat it seems and his sister would chase him down and make sure he did. He was happy here and felt safe. He wanted to get a paper finished and put into the Paradigma, to show off in May. I do not really understand the project but it felt important to him.'

The Deaoness got tears in her eyes and she had to turn away and wipe at her eyes again.
"He was working on a machine which would neuteralize Resonance in the user for a while, he finished it as well and got his publication in the Paradigma, I was so proud, and yes Dylan would get so busy in his workshop he would forget to eat, but Claire, bless her heart would not have that and she woul make sure her brother took care of himself."
She said and smiled.
"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks you have given me a great gift, I am glad to hear that he was happy, I hope he lived a good life, before the Nephandi..."
She said and she gave you a warm smile.
"Thank you."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:49 pm

[RI Roadtrip]

Adley's Post:

'In short... it means I have to choose. Assume that the news I'm back filters back to 'em, which means if I'm gonna try to build a bridge, have to do it within next week or so.' ending with a sigh.

'What about your folks?'

[Serge's Adventure]

Serge's Post:

'Don't diss plywood. Surprisingly strong, it can be.'

Serge's Post:

'To read the print.' Nicole replied, giving a smirk.

[Think we're good as done here, no?]

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:

'In short, a gizmo which takes the organic messages - tendons and nerves - into the synthetic versions in the arm.' Nicole replied, tucking her tank top into her waistband. 'It's the last cramp for seeing good arms and legs out in the wider world.'

Anja's Post:

'Not to the want of trying.' Nicole quipped, grabbing a sturdy, somewhat shabby leather jacket from a pile and slipping it on. 'Doc thinks the Cryptid's acid had some mojo which blocked healing. And you know me enough by now... that I like to do shit. Not simply sit there and do fuck all for weeks on end.' zipping up the jacket. 'Look-' pulling the front of the jacket, showing it had some give '-seriously off my peak.' sounding a little annoyed at this.

Anja's Post:

'Think that's it.' giving a nod. 'See you downstairs.'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 39  Next