Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:23 pm

[Colin's Shop Meeting With Master Babu]

Colin wrote:Colin nodded, "Our Deacon Primus observed me as I was dragged into the future to witness events that reflected back upon events in the present. He determined there was a distinct element of travel involved, and as such, he granted me an early advancement in rank. So yes, most certainly time shenanigans, which I will be performing at a later date when my actual skill catches up with my rank."

"I said it before and I'll say it again. Everything involving you is so extreme." Serge said with a smile. "When you actually reach adept you can do the freeze frame spell! Tell me when your able to do that. I've always wanted to be in a sitcom-esque freeze frame."

Anja wrote:"Well let me see, do you know how to fish, clean the fish and cook it? What plants to eat, what should you do if you get sick? How do you light a fire? For if you do not know these things I think the show will rather be watch Serge Yager starve, suffer from diarrhea and freeze until his grandmother find him and takes him home to safety."
The old Cultist said wryly.
Colin wrote:He chuckled, "Well, so long as people believe there's something weird in the area, I suppose the area will have weirdness associated with it. As for the Serge Yager show - I believe most TV series have what they call a 'gag reel', though I was under the impression that is a collection of off-script jokes and banter, rather than actual gagging..."

"I could learn all that with a simple spell...and then forget it all when the spell times out and I subsequently freeze-starve to death. Good to know that I'll be saved though." Serge said with a nervous grin.  "Although I would definitely watch a show like that. An arrogant city boy thinking he could brave the wilds only to be taught a lesson. It sounds hilarious. Wish I wasn't the arrogant city boy though..."

[A request for help - Adley and Serge]

Anja wrote:"Agreed that might be it actually, I guess it is hard to know which came first the spirits or the plants."
The young Vebena commented with a smile.
Adley wrote:"It seems an indication that the garden is well cared for, at least. There are quite a few for this late in the season, but it may be due to you encouraging the plants before the winter sets in," he said. Then his attention shifted again, away from the floating spirits and Bianca and Serge, and around, towards the other buildings and what was around them. "Well, don't let us keep you from your duties. I should be going in before I catch a chill, I forgot my coat," he said, sounding apologetic.
Anja wrote:"Yeah that might be it Mr Roth Hicks, and it is less duties and more what I do to relax."
The Verbena said and smiled.
"But yes make sure you don't get sick."
She agreed, on the other nearby rooftops there where some of the guard owls that Duncan where providing Steelhaven with, one roof had some

"It is getting a bit chilly. I forgot it was autumn in general. I need to stay attached to Adley so I'll probably be going as well. We need to head to a fireplace before a certain imp gets too bored." Serge said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by s7trif3 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:48 pm

"But he is confusing and irritating and I am bored Mentor's Student he would be more fun and less irritating if he was on fire."
Curly said looking as innocent as she could.

"The answer is no."

"Yeah that might be it Mr Roth Hicks, and it is less duties and more what I do to relax." The Verbena said and smiled.

He blinked a bit in surprise. Relax? What was that? Duties made sense to him, much like it did to spirits. Relax and doing a thing did not seem to go together in his mind easily.

"But yes make sure you don't get sick."
She agreed

"Indeed, good afternoon."

"It is getting a bit chilly. I forgot it was autumn in general. I need to stay attached to Adley so I'll probably be going as well. We need to head to a fireplace before a certain imp gets too bored." Serge said with a smile.

He glanced at Serge, and then nodded about his comment to Curly. "Yes, that would not do. Let's go," he agreed and turned to head back downstairs to one of the fireplaces.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:04 pm

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

Anja's Post:
"Yeah she is still living nearby with all her pets, she have not found herself a partner yet but she deams happy enough."
Your uncle commented.

'So... you don't know for sure?' raising an eyebrow. 'Speaking of which... have you ever been hunted by any animals which eat... rats?'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:55 pm

"I could learn all that with a simple spell...and then forget it all when the spell times out and I subsequently freeze-starve to death. Good to know that I'll be saved though." Serge said with a nervous grin. "Although I would definitely watch a show like that. An arrogant city boy thinking he could brave the wilds only to be taught a lesson. It sounds hilarious. Wish I wasn't the arrogant city boy though..."

"No you would not, you would be alone on this island so no one to learn from, unless you have gotten skilled enough to contact the collective subconscious and get knowledges from there."
Master Babu said and she smiled a little.
"I think you might find the experience less thrilling than watching a TV show is child, but it might do you good."
She added sounding amused.

"Very well, see you later Serge have a nice day."
Bianca said with a smile.
"This with be Chief Morgan's imps then? I have heard about them."
She added and grinned.
"Better not keep them waiting then."

"The answer is no."

Curly looked down and pouted.
"Okey."

"Indeed, good afternoon."

"Good afternoon."
Bianca said before she sat back down to harvest more herbs.

He glanced at Serge, and then nodded about his comment to Curly. "Yes, that would not do. Let's go," he agreed and turned to head back downstairs to one of the fireplaces.

There was not allot of fireplaces in the building but some of the unused apartments still had one, you got into one of them, bare of furniture and found an old fireplace there. Along the way you say Streak the third of your Mentor's imps and the shyest of the trio clearly returning from his mission, the little imp waved at you and then looked down shyly, the was thinner than Poodle, but with the same embers for eyes and burning tail, he did have two coal buckteeth though and constantly chewed on his lip.
"Oh...oh...Streak is back I can bite his tail!"
Curly exclaimed happily as she rushed towards her brother to try to do just that.

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

'So... you don't know for sure?' raising an eyebrow. 'Speaking of which... have you ever been hunted by any animals which eat... rats?'

"Nah I don't know for sure but I am pretty certain."
Your uncle said and he refilled his coffee cup for the third time.
"Yeah cats and other little shits will look at us as if we where rats, they usually have the smarts not to attack though but sure do they want to eat us."
He grumbled.
"And birds of prey is worse, fucking feather-balls. If I where not against animal cruelty I would make pillows of the little assholes."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:25 pm

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

Anja's Post:
"Nah I don't know for sure but I am pretty certain."
Your uncle said and he refilled his coffee cup for the third time.

'You want me to find out for you?'

Anja's Post:
"Yeah cats and other little shits will look at us as if we where rats, they usually have the smarts not to attack though but sure do they want to eat us."
He grumbled.
"And birds of prey is worse, fucking feather-balls. If I where not against animal cruelty I would make pillows of the little assholes."

'Yeah... there's this owl who nests near my place, seems to enjoy watching my front door at night. Like it's a rat-hole and is waiting for dinner. Stupid thing is... it makes me want to run and hide.'

'It that the reason why Dad always said no to a pet when I was a kid?'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:44 pm

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

'You want me to find out for you?'

"Yeah that would be useful just don't step to much on her privacy ok."
Your uncle said and nodded.

'Yeah... there's this owl who nests near my place, seems to enjoy watching my front door at night. Like it's a rat-hole and is waiting for dinner. Stupid thing is... it makes me want to run and hide.'

"Instinct, your rational mind know you are stronger and allot bigger than the little shit but deeper parts of your mind remembers to run and hide and get away."
He said and nodded.
"It sucks but what can you do."

'It that the reason why Dad always said no to a pet when I was a kid?'

"Nah there are plenty of animals that would not give that response, a dog for example, no your dad said no for he would not like to sleep on the sofa for the rest of his life after your mom kicked him out of her bed for allowing something in who could end of scratching her furniture."
Your uncle said and grinned.
"You can hardly blame the man."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:01 pm

Jeremy wrote:"I said it before and I'll say it again. Everything involving you is so extreme." Serge said with a smile. "When you actually reach adept you can do the freeze frame spell! Tell me when your able to do that. I've always wanted to be in a sitcom-esque freeze frame."
Colin arched an eyebrow, "The Freeze Frame spell? That sounds like a rather needlessly vulgar way to give myself a few moments to gather my thoughts..."

Anja wrote:"As long as many sleepers think something weird going on it is a reality zone that is a little more free than most of Earth and we want to keep it that way."
Master Babu said.
Jeremy wrote:"I could learn all that with a simple spell...and then forget it all when the spell times out and I subsequently freeze-starve to death. Good to know that I'll be saved though." Serge said with a nervous grin. "Although I would definitely watch a show like that. An arrogant city boy thinking he could brave the wilds only to be taught a lesson. It sounds hilarious. Wish I wasn't the arrogant city boy though..."
Anja wrote:"No you would not, you would be alone on this island so no one to learn from, unless you have gotten skilled enough to contact the collective subconscious and get knowledges from there."
"I think you might find the experience less thrilling than watching a TV show is child, but it might do you good."
He shrugged, "Well, I'm sure Master Sharaya would not carelessly teleport anyone to the Caribbean like that. He's actually almost embarrassingly meticulous and precise - and we're really cleaning up the ritual rooms on our own after use. If we fail to do so and Chief Morgan finds out we left a mess, well..."
His voice took on a serious tone, "Best invest in a spare toothbrush. The corridors of Steelhaven Hall are a lot longer than they might seem."

Anja wrote:"How on earth or any other world for that matter can she become a Vetbena if her Avatar was destroyed?"
Master Babu said and she raised an eyebrow.
"They destroyed a non Fallen soul? That is horrible, they definitively must pay for their crimes."
She exclaimed firmly.
He nodded, "Normally, that would have been the end... but we've found another Avatar willing to walk in. It's... a rare occurrence, to be certain, but not entirely without precedent."
He turned serious, "And the girl was born a widderslainte, not knowing about it. She was the first we know of who cleansed her Avatar... and it was buried. The reckoning is coming, and sooner than one might think."

Anja wrote:"No Mr Wainwright that is not how fate work, free will is supreme, there is no thing that is demanded to happen that can not be changed, however if you travel in time and create paradoxes either they will have to be fixed or well Paradox with a capital P happens."
The old Cultist said sternly.
"There are no unchangeable fate controlling our actions where we are mere puppets in it's play, some things are more likely to happen than other but we always have the choice. Now as for your apprentice I hope you are right and that you manage to save her Mr Wainwright I have never heard of such a thing being done, but if you can do it then it will be a grand bone to us all."
He nodded, "Inflexible, demanding Fate does happen when one... errs and creates an effect without a cause, yes. That's why I had Wrinkle visit me for a cup of tea and a chat this weekend. But other things - how I help a young child with magical talent while going to the hospital with Anna, or how I give a Cabalmate a piggyback ride when we visit Horizon soon, those things I can change, if I wish to. But that's the funny thing I've noticed about Free Will - people, by and large, will do the same thing in a hundred, or even a thousand different timelines, provided they have not been given an incentive to change things up."
He smiled wryly, "I managed to improve a the outcome of getting ambushed this weekend by borrowing a pair of sturdy gloves from the Umbral Port. It's astounding how much the smallest things can, well... the famous butterfly and hurricane."

[Chantry]
Anja wrote:"I hope you are right Colin and that we are done with the little shit."
Fran said and frowned.
"I really hope you are right."
He soured a little, "Well, if he managed to get out of things, I'm going to proactively prevent any more attempts at Awakened child brides."

Anja wrote:"Very well we meet up in the ritual room furthest towards the Node in five minutes then."
Jeffry agreed.
He nodded, "I believe I have some red, white, and green candles lying around - any particular colour you would recommend as appropriately associated with this work?"

Nicole wrote:'Taking out Livingston from range doesn't deal with any minions, or possible prisoners.' Nicole replied, dumping her weapons on a counter and opening the fridge. 'We need to also clear our ROE for the ground action and any policies regarding possible intel and... prizes.'
Anja wrote:"That is why we will as I said several times earlier Miss Bouchard be scrying before we act, if there are any prisoners we will find them and can get them out safely. Livington's minions concern me little they will not be able to restart the business at the junkyard, it is the man himself we are after, if we have to move in to secure prisoners we will know more what to expect after we have scyed on his position and found out what we might expect. As for prizes we are not doing this to steal the man blind."
Jeffry said the last of it with a distaste in his voice.
"We are executing him for his crimes against sleepers, robbing the condemned is not a...honorable practice however if we have to move in and can not do this all at a distance, and I do stress if, then you may take what you please as long as it do not pose a danger to the Chantry, if that fit with your conscience, however you can not expect anyone to start teleporting things out for you if we do not have to move in."
He frowned ever so slightly, "You've already secured us a very fine vehicle, Miss Bouchard, and the only item we would be interested in from Livington, as such, would be the deed to the junkyard, if there exists such a physical item in his possession. Ideally, we'll not have to go near Livington's residence for anything. Though I suppose the details about his ice cream manufacturing facilities would be... a very prudent means to an end."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:42 pm

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

Anja's Post:
"Nah there are plenty of animals that would not give that response, a dog for example, no your dad said no for he would not like to sleep on the sofa for the rest of his life after your mom kicked him out of her bed for allowing something in who could end of scratching her furniture."
Your uncle said and grinned.
"You can hardly blame the man."

'Does that the other way? That rats are less... scared of us?' Nicole replied, draining her cup.

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:
"That is why we will as I said several times earlier Miss Bouchard be scrying before we act, if there are any prisoners we will find them and can get them out safely. Livington's minions concern me little they will not be able to restart the business at the junkyard, it is the man himself we are after, if we have to move in to secure prisoners we will know more what to expect after we have scyed on his position and found out what we might expect. As for prizes we are not doing this to steal the man blind."
Jeffry said the last of it with a distaste in his voice.
"We are executing him for his crimes against sleepers, robbing the condemned is not a...honorable practice however if we have to move in and can not do this all at a distance, and I do stress if, then you may take what you please as long as it do not pose a danger to the Chantry, if that fit with your conscience, however you can not expect anyone to start teleporting things out for you if we do not have to move in."

A slight frown of confusion to the Chief's words; clearly not understanding why they couldn't use the vampire's destruction to enrich themselves. Momma wanted - no, needed that Uzi clone she'd seen at the fair, the custom body armour from that magazine, perhaps a couple more knives...

Colin's Post:
He frowned ever so slightly, "You've already secured us a very fine vehicle, Miss Bouchard, and the only item we would be interested in from Livington, as such, would be the deed to the junkyard, if there exists such a physical item in his possession. Ideally, we'll not have to go near Livington's residence for anything. Though I suppose the details about his ice cream manufacturing facilities would be... a very prudent means to an end."

'So if we found say a crate of cash, you'd turn it down? Perhaps we could use it to buy a hospital some dialysis machines or something.' ending with a smirk, turning back to get a plate or something to put the found food on.

[Random thought: had Nicole/Serge's arrival to Boston already been taken into account by 'future Colin', or is this a 'divergence' from that future?]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:02 am

He shrugged, "Well, I'm sure Master Sharaya would not carelessly teleport anyone to the Caribbean like that. He's actually almost embarrassingly meticulous and precise - and we're really cleaning up the ritual rooms on our own after use. If we fail to do so and Chief Morgan finds out we left a mess, well..."
His voice took on a serious tone, "Best invest in a spare toothbrush. The corridors of Steelhaven Hall are a lot longer than they might seem."

"Yes I heard th Chief of Steelhaven liked to be instructive rather than vindictive in his punishments."
Master Babu said.
"And no Master Sharaya would not teleport anyone or anything recklessly he is a good man, a bit to modest about this abilities but a god man."

He nodded, "Normally, that would have been the end... but we've found another Avatar willing to walk in. It's... a rare occurrence, to be certain, but not entirely without precedent."

"I have heard of it happening, though only with existing mages and then it can cause allot of trouble as the two Avatars end up in constant conflict, a fortunate event then Mr Wainwright, most fortunate.""
The old Cultist agreed and smiled.

He turned serious, "And the girl was born a widderslainte, not knowing about it. She was the first we know of who cleansed her Avatar... and it was buried. The reckoning is coming, and sooner than one might think."

"I see, that is...interesting and most horrible, yes indeed a reckoning is coming, let me know if my aid is needed with that my good man."
Master Babu said darkly.

He nodded, "Inflexible, demanding Fate does happen when one... errs and creates an effect without a cause, yes. That's why I had Wrinkle visit me for a cup of tea and a chat this weekend. But other things - how I help a young child with magical talent while going to the hospital with Anna, or how I give a Cabalmate a piggyback ride when we visit Horizon soon, those things I can change, if I wish to. But that's the funny thing I've noticed about Free Will - people, by and large, will do the same thing in a hundred, or even a thousand different timelines, provided they have not been given an incentive to change things up."
He smiled wryly, "I managed to improve a the outcome of getting ambushed this weekend by borrowing a pair of sturdy gloves from the Umbral Port. It's astounding how much the smallest things can, well... the famous butterfly and hurricane."

"That is because fate is free will, the reason why we can look into the future and see a probable one is that we all have a way we like to act, for example I have a way I like my morning tea so it is likely I would order that at a restaurant which will take a certain amount of time so I will come out of the restaurant just as an event happens, this is my will ordering the same tea as I usually do though and not some Divine will pulling my strings."
Master Babu said.
"But yes if you go to the future and bring something back and then prevent it from being invented then there will be trouble."

[Chantry]

He soured a little, "Well, if he managed to get out of things, I'm going to proactively prevent any more attempts at Awakened child brides."

"Well Nicolai would not like sunlight either Colin...or stakes o the combination of the two."
Fran muttered glumly.

He nodded, "I believe I have some red, white, and green candles lying around - any particular color you would recommend as appropriately associated with this work?"

"Gold Mr Wainwright, always gold when dealing with the sun, I will bring some. Back in the day we used white and yellow but now gold candles are cheap and I find they work the best."
Jeffry said.
"Very well I will see you then."

"Finding out where he keeps his prisoners would be useful indeed, so would such a deed though I suspect there are none as I doubt Livington own the junkyard in mundane society."
Jeffry said and nodded.

'So if we found say a crate of cash, you'd turn it down? Perhaps we could use it to buy a hospital some dialysis machines or something.' ending with a smirk, turning back to get a plate or something to put the found food on.

"I would, the thing is money have trail and tend to alert the Progenitors and I have a problem with killing a man to take his riches.

That is a very dangerous road to go down where it become more and more tempting to take someone out to enrich oneself. Like I said if we have to move in I will not stop you from taking anything that will not endanger the Chantry but we are not going there just to rob his place if we can do this at a distance. The executioner stealing from the executed is...dishonorable."
Jeffry explained.

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

'Does that the other way? That rats are less... scared of us?' Nicole replied, draining her cup.

"Yeah they tend to be attracted to us, sometimes other rodents as well, you can sit in a field wit the bunny rabbits like a fucking Disney Princess if you wanted to, but yeah rats like us and tend to treat us like the biggest, baddest rat around."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:18 am

Colin wrote:Colin arched an eyebrow, "The Freeze Frame spell? That sounds like a rather needlessly vulgar way to give myself a few moments to gather my thoughts..."

"Do it in the chantry then. Come on! Haven't you ever wanted to jump into the air in celebration and then have the whole scene freeze? And then the ending credits start scrolling by to signal the end of the episode?"

Colin wrote:He shrugged, "Well, I'm sure Master Sharaya would not carelessly teleport anyone to the Caribbean like that. He's actually almost embarrassingly meticulous and precise - and we're really cleaning up the ritual rooms on our own after use. If we fail to do so and Chief Morgan finds out we left a mess, well..."
Anja wrote:"No you would not, you would be alone on this island so no one to learn from, unless you have gotten skilled enough to contact the collective subconscious and get knowledges from there."

"Funnily enough, I am working on that. Contacting the collective subconscious that is." Serge said revealing yet another part of his extensive to-do list. "Well if I can't go to the Bermuda Triangle then maybe a simple camping trip will work. If only to let me better understand how people in that situation feel and what they go through."

Adley wrote:He blinked a bit in surprise. Relax? What was that? Duties made sense to him, much like it did to spirits. Relax and doing a thing did not seem to go together in his mind easily.

"You need some relaxing time too Adley." Serge said glancing at the mildly bewildered Heremtic. "It might do you some good. Keep being as stressed out and paranoid as you are and your gonna make some people worry."

Anja wrote:"Very well, see you later Serge have a nice day."
She added and grinned.

"He's tagging along. The fireplace is a reward for good behavior." Serge said with a smile. "You have a nice day too Bianca. Enjoy your gardening."

Anja wrote:There was not allot of fireplaces in the building but some of the unused apartments still had one, you got into one of them, bare of furniture and found an old fireplace there. Along the way you say Streak the third of your Mentor's imps and the shyest of the trio clearly returning from his mission, the little imp waved at you and then looked down shyly, the was thinner than Poodle, but with the same embers for eyes and burning tail, he did have two coal buckteeth though and constantly chewed on his lip.
Curly exclaimed happily as she rushed towards her brother to try to do just that.

Serge smiled as he walked into the room and waved at the imp as he saw him. He instinctively reached for his sketchbook, which was held in between his arm and the side of his body, only to realize that his other hand was tied up for the spirit vision.

"Oh well. Curly's shoelace candle drawing can come later." Serge said with a chuckle. " Is that another one of the Chief's imps? How many does he have?"
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:37 am

"Very well, see you later Serge have a nice day."
She added and grinned.
"Good afternoon."
Bianca said before she sat back down to harvest more herbs.
He's tagging along. The fireplace is a reward for good behavior." Serge said with a smile. "You have a nice day too Bianca. Enjoy your gardening."

He nodded to her and then hurried inside. "It's been warm lately," he said, sounding absentminded. "Just the other day I went out for lunch and it was warm enough to think about having ice cream. Today it's cold, just starting to feel like it will be Fall soon."

There was not allot of fireplaces in the building but some of the unused apartments still had one, you got into one of them, bare of furniture and found an old fireplace there. Along the way you say Streak the third of your Mentor's imps and the shyest of the trio clearly returning from his mission, the little imp waved at you and then looked down shyly, the was thinner than Poodle, but with the same embers for eyes and burning tail, he did have two coal buckteeth though and constantly chewed on his lip.

He raised an eyebrow at Curly. "I don't know if he is in the mood for that," he said to her and then waved at Streak. He hardly ever saw him, even when he was looking into the spirit realm as he usually was not as boisterous as the others. Again, he couldn't help but wonder about the mystery mission that he had not been told about, who had gone, if everyone was alright... "Are you well?" he asked the other imp.

"Oh well. Curly's shoelace candle drawing can come later." Serge said with a chuckle. " Is that another one of the Chief's imps? How many does he have?"

"A few," he said vaguely to Serge. "I hope she doesn't take your drawing as encouragement. Shoes are expensive."

// let's see, current count for the names of the fire imps are Streak, Curly, Poodle and Droplets, so that's four
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:00 am

"Do it in the chantry then. Come on! Haven't you ever wanted to jump into the air in celebration and then have the whole scene freeze? And then the ending credits start scrolling by to signal the end of the episode?"

"I think you have to learn to do such a spell yourself child, while I understand you fascination with TV shows and the visuals of them you can not expect others to have the same interests."
Master Babu said.

"Funnily enough, I am working on that. Contacting the collective subconscious that is." Serge said revealing yet another part of his extensive to-do list. "Well if I can't go to the Bermuda Triangle then maybe a simple camping trip will work. If only to let me better understand how people in that situation feel and what they go through."

"A camping trip with your friends would be good for you Serge though you will not get a sense of what someone in a survival situation feels from going camping with plenty of food, a nice tent and a hours walk back to the car you know, that is a quite different experience."
Your grandmentor said patiently.

"You need some relaxing time too Adley." Serge said glancing at the mildly bewildered Heremtic. "It might do you some good. Keep being as stressed out and paranoid as you are and your gonna make some people worry."

"Ehm...is this a conversation I should hear for I am still here you know."
Bianca said.
"I have a nice, relaxing herbal tea if you want though Mr Roth Hicks."

"He's tagging along. The fireplace is a reward for good behavior." Serge said with a smile. "You have a nice day too Bianca. Enjoy your gardening."

"Fire as rewards for a fire spirit, that makes sense."
Bianca said and smiled.
"Thank you Sege have a good day as well."

Serge smiled as he walked into the room and waved at the imp as he saw him. He instinctively reached for his sketchbook, which was held in between his arm and the side of his body, only to realize that his other hand was tied up for the spirit vision.

The imp looked at you and fire blushed to his cheeks and he looked down and chewed on his lip.

He raised an eyebrow at Curly. "I don't know if he is in the mood for that," he said to her and then waved at Streak. He hardly ever saw him, even when he was looking into the spirit realm as he usually was not as boisterous as the others. Again, he couldn't help but wonder about the mystery mission that he had not been told about, who had gone, if everyone was alright... "Are you well?" he asked the other imp.

"Yes Master's student, I got a reward from Master."
The shy imp said then he yelped as Curly jumped him, he was the rarest seen of the imps, Carly and Poodle where both very active and you saw Droplets running around at times but Streak usually stayed deeper in the Umbra or around your Mentor where he felt safe.

(Carly, Poodle and Droplet are usually around the Chantry, Streak you see sometimes but you have seen two mores though not heard their nicknames. Your Mentor relay on the imps to be his eyes and ears and treat them like his belowed pets.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:00 am

"Ehm...is this a conversation I should hear for I am still here you know." Bianca said. "I have a nice, relaxing herbal tea if you want though Mr Roth Hicks."

He gave Serge a sharp look. "I am not paranoid!" He said, affronted, then just as quickly, he said, "Or maybe it's more true that now, I'm the /proper/ amount of paranoid and I should have been more careful before, I nearly died I don't even know how many times, and nevermind me, but everyone. We've been under attack for a fortnight and we're at war. There is /way/ too much to do to simply relax, not that I've felt like I've been doing much since I got hurt. And--" he stopped suddenly at hearing Bianca chime in and glanced over to her. "No!" Then in a slightly exasperated voice, "Thank you, but no." Then more to himself than either of them or the spirits, "Do me some good! Herbal tea! I've been taking enough vitamins and potions and what have you..." His sudden outburst was like someone tossing a lit match right into underbrush or kindling. It went up fast and burnt itself up and left a bit of irritating smoke in its wake. "I'm fine, there's no need to worry about me..." he huffed.

"Yes Master's student, I got a reward from Master." The shy imp said then he yelped as Curly jumped him

He winced a bit, feeling for the less extroverted imp as he was tackled by his broodmate.

// I missed part of Serge's earlier post somehow and only saw the bottom half, so I've responded to him and Bianca
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:38 am

he stopped suddenly at hearing Bianca chime in and glanced over to her. "No!" Then in a slightly exasperated voice, "Thank you, but no." Then more to himself than either of them or the spirits, "Do me some good! Herbal tea! I've been taking enough vitamins and potions and what have you..." His sudden outburst was like someone tossing a lit match right into underbrush or kindling. It went up fast and burnt itself up and left a bit of irritating smoke in its wake. "I'm fine, there's no need to worry about me..." he huffed.

Bianca backed away a bit at your outburst ad her eyes widened.
"No herbal tea...got it..."
The Verbena muttered she gave you a look though and then gave one to Serge as well.
"Ehm...ok...ehm...I have a feeling I really should not get involved in this so I ehm...will tend to the plants."
She muttered and she did just that though it was clear that the hedge wizard found your behavior a tad bit alarming.

He winced a bit, feeling for the less extroverted imp as he was tackled by his broodmate.

Carly jumped up and down on Streak giggeling and the shy imp endured it but then she gåt a hold of his tail and bit it. Streak got tears in his coal eyes, tars made of sparks and he got up.
"I don't want to play anymore."
He said and tried to walk away but Curly grabbed the tail she had just bit.
"Play, play, play!"
She demanded and the other imp started crying in earnest.
"I want to go to my Master now!"
He bawled not happy about his broodmate's attentions. Curly was not cuel but her playing where to violent for the more introverted, frailer imp.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:11 pm

Jeremy wrote:"Do it in the chantry then. Come on! Haven't you ever wanted to jump into the air in celebration and then have the whole scene freeze? And then the ending credits start scrolling by to signal the end of the episode?"
Anja wrote:"I think you have to learn to do such a spell yourself child, while I understand you fascination with TV shows and the visuals of them you can not expect others to have the same interests."
Master Babu said.
Colin shook his head, "Can't say I have. In fact, I don't even own a television set - though I expect I shall have to get one along with a gaming console for Anna. I personally prefer books, by far."

Jeremy wrote:"Funnily enough, I am working on that. Contacting the collective subconscious that is." Serge said revealing yet another part of his extensive to-do list. "Well if I can't go to the Bermuda Triangle then maybe a simple camping trip will work. If only to let me better understand how people in that situation feel and what they go through."
Anja wrote:"A camping trip with your friends would be good for you Serge though you will not get a sense of what someone in a survival situation feels from going camping with plenty of food, a nice tent and a hours walk back to the car you know, that is a quite different experience."
He grinned, "Actually, I might be visiting the local werewolf tribe some day soon; I might ask them to bring you along on a camping trip, to teach you a few things about wilderness survival. Though they might have slightly higher expectations for physical fortitude than you are used to."

Anja wrote:"Yes I heard th Chief of Steelhaven liked to be instructive rather than vindictive in his punishments."
Master Babu said.
"And no Master Sharaya would not teleport anyone or anything recklessly he is a good man, a bit to modest about this abilities but a god man."
He sighed and nodded, "I was... careless, in his eyes, a few days ago, disarming myself and going to ground on my own while the rest of my team drove off to safety, after a Marauder had been tricked into attacking us on the streets. We captured her, but there was not room for her and me in the car, so I sent the others ahead without me. As a lesson, I am now making a memorial for all the Traditionalists who have been killed by the Union in Boston... it's eye-opening reading, to be certain..."

Anja wrote:"I have heard of it happening, though only with existing mages and then it can cause allot of trouble as the two Avatars end up in constant conflict, a fortunate event then Mr Wainwright, most fortunate.""
The old Cultist agreed and smiled.
He nodded, "An most fortuitous situation - and one that makes me wonder if not Fate did nudge things along in the right direction to bring the girl and the spare Avatar together in the same area... Well, potato, pohtaytoe, I guess."

Anja wrote:"I see, that is...interesting and most horrible, yes indeed a reckoning is coming, let me know if my aid is needed with that my good man."
Master Babu said darkly.
He nodded and pointed to the little box, "That box is a lot of aid even now."

Anja wrote:"That is because fate is free will, the reason why we can look into the future and see a probable one is that we all have a way we like to act, for example I have a way I like my morning tea so it is likely I would order that at a restaurant which will take a certain amount of time so I will come out of the restaurant just as an event happens, this is my will ordering the same tea as I usually do though and not some Divine will pulling my strings."
Master Babu said.
"But yes if you go to the future and bring something back and then prevent it from being invented then there will be trouble."
He nodded, "Fate as the sum of our collective intents - yes, that does sound like an accurate description."
He smiled thinly, "As for some Divine will pulling your strings - who's to say your own will could not fit the description? And force of habit can be a strong one, after all."

[Chantry]
Anja wrote:"Well Nicolai would not like sunlight either Colin...or stakes o the combination of the two."
Fran muttered glumly.
He grimaced, "I would likely not bother with extra suffering for him, however much he deserves it - quick and efficient would be the way to do it. As cleanly as possible."

Anja wrote:"Gold Mr Wainwright, always gold when dealing with the sun, I will bring some. Back in the day we used white and yellow but now gold candles are cheap and I find they work the best."
Jeffry said.
"Very well I will see you then."
He nodded, "Very good. Standard tapers, I presume, or pillar candles?"

Nicole wrote:A slight frown of confusion to the Chief's words; clearly not understanding why they couldn't use the vampire's destruction to enrich themselves. Momma wanted - no, needed that Uzi clone she'd seen at the fair, the custom body armour from that magazine, perhaps a couple more knives...
Anja wrote:"Finding out where he keeps his prisoners would be useful indeed, so would such a deed though I suspect there are none as I doubt Livington own the junkyard in mundane society."
Jeffry said and nodded.
Nicole wrote:'So if we found say a crate of cash, you'd turn it down? Perhaps we could use it to buy a hospital some dialysis machines or something.' ending with a smirk, turning back to get a plate or something to put the found food on.
Anja wrote:"I would, the thing is money have trail and tend to alert the Progenitors and I have a problem with killing a man to take his riches.

That is a very dangerous road to go down where it become more and more tempting to take someone out to enrich oneself. Like I said if we have to move in I will not stop you from taking anything that will not endanger the Chantry but we are not going there just to rob his place if we can do this at a distance. The executioner stealing from the executed is...dishonorable."
Jeffry explained.
He frowned, "While using a large wad of cash for some charitable purpose like a dialysis machine for a hospital, that would be a nightmare for bookkeeping. Donations like that are always closely scrutinized by assorted government bodies like the IRS, and if you can't account for how you attained the funds to purchase it, you could end up with a lot of trouble. Particularly Union trouble. Distributing it in tens and twenties over several years, perhaps as a small slush fund for our new friends at the junkyard, though, that might work relatively safely. Still, looting is... not a particularly advisable approach for getting funds. Practical gear and perishable supplies are an entirely different matter; the IRS won't care if you suddenly have a new, shiny set of spanners in your toolbox, but they'll question the twenty grand that suddenly appeared in your bank account."

((OOC: I think Future Colin probably knew about Serge and Nicole's arrival, but there was no real need to bring them up in the recaps Present Colin got on his little round trips. Sort of like if you're going to the hardware store to buy screws and hinges to make a cabinet, it's not relevant to know that someone's buying pizza for when you're done. Razz ))
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:27 pm

He grinned, "Actually, I might be visiting the local werewolf tribe some day soon; I might ask them to bring you along on a camping trip, to teach you a few things about wilderness survival. Though they might have slightly higher expectations for physical fortitude than you are used to."

"Splendid it is settled then you will take my grandson out and teach him a bit about how to survive in the wilderness, good good, try not to have him killed by werewolves though it would upset Ange terribly."
Master Babu said not really giving Serge a choice in the matter.

He sighed and nodded, "I was... careless, in his eyes, a few days ago, disarming myself and going to ground on my own while the rest of my team drove off to safety, after a Marauder had been tricked into attacking us on the streets. We captured her, but there was not room for her and me in the car, so I sent the others ahead without me. As a lesson, I am now making a memorial for all the Traditionalists who have been killed by the Union in Boston... it's eye-opening reading, to be certain..."

"Well that is quite careless and seams like a perfectly fitting punishment for the crime."
The old Cultist said and she nodded approvingly.

He nodded, "An most fortuitous situation - and one that makes me wonder if not Fate did nudge things along in the right direction to bring the girl and the spare Avatar together in the same area... Well, potato, pohtaytoe, I guess."

"If you are correct about that then the Primus we just discussed would be completely free of wrong doing, he would then be lead by fate to sentence the young woman so that she would one day find this other Avatar."

He nodded and pointed to the little box, "That box is a lot of aid even now."

The old maga nodded.
"Well let me know what other aid you might need and you shall have it."
She declared.

He nodded, "Fate as the sum of our collective intents - yes, that does sound like an accurate description."
He smiled thinly, "As for some Divine will pulling your strings - who's to say your own will could not fit the description? And force of habit can be a strong one, after all."

"Well I guess our own Divine will our Avatars have a tendency to lead the way."
She said and nodded.
"But yes fate I do think are our habits and interests and our likely actions that we will continue doing unless something stops us from doing so, like prior knowledge."

[Chantry]

He grimaced, "I would likely not bother with extra suffering for him, however much he deserves it - quick and efficient would be the way to do it. As cleanly as possible."

"Agreed Colin, Nicolai is a little monster but he should be killed as humanely as possible though if it happened at Lodin's hands I suspect there was nothing humane about it."
Fran said and frowned.

He nodded, "Very good. Standard tapers, I presume, or pillar candles?"

"I have tapers, chimes, pillars, tea lights, votives and birthday candles in gold, the birthday candles only burn for twelve minutes so they will not work but you can have your pick of the rest."
Jeffry said then he shrugged.
"My imps likes candles so I tend to get allot of them."

He frowned, "While using a large wad of cash for some charitable purpose like a dialysis machine for a hospital, that would be a nightmare for bookkeeping. Donations like that are always closely scrutinized by assorted government bodies like the IRS, and if you can't account for how you attained the funds to purchase it, you could end up with a lot of trouble. Particularly Union trouble. Distributing it in tens and twenties over several years, perhaps as a small slush fund for our new friends at the junkyard, though, that might work relatively safely. Still, looting is... not a particularly advisable approach for getting funds. Practical gear and perishable supplies are an entirely different matter; the IRS won't care if you suddenly have a new, shiny set of spanners in your toolbox, but they'll question the twenty grand that suddenly appeared in your bank account."

Jeffry just nodded his agreement to this approvingly.

(OOC: I would say it is unknown, they have not been involved in the visions seen thus far but that do not mean future Colin, or whoever sent the visions have not taken them into the equation, then again nothing i set in stone so they might be able to change things.)

(OOC 2: Well then back I go to the PC game I am playing a friendly AI keep promising me cake. Razz )
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:50 pm

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:
"I would, the thing is money have trail and tend to alert the Progenitors and I have a problem with killing a man to take his riches.

Jeffry explained.

Colin's Post:

'We're not killing him to take his riches - he's gonna die regardless.' Nicole replied. 'Next, where do you think he got it from? From the blood of people. P'haps literally in this case. Would it be so bad to break it up, start funnelling it into charitable concerns one twenty at a time - let it do some good for the wider world? After a small deduction for expenses, naturally. Like the idea of a slush fund-' giving Colin a nod '-that would strengthen the whole Chantry, wouldn't it? After all, the Union have the might of the Syndicate behind them, while we have... whatever we personally can scrape up.'

[Assume you meant 'alert the Syndicate'...]

Anja's Post:
"Finding out where he keeps his prisoners would be useful indeed, so would such a deed though I suspect there are none as I doubt Livington own the junkyard in mundane society."
Jeffry said and nodded.

'Think that's a question for Mr Google, me; go onto one of those "title deed" sites and find out who owns it. Might be a minion, or p'haps a front company.' Nicole commented, looking at the fridge again, loading up the plate with whatever she could find. 'Even if can do nothing about it now, good little bit of info we can note down for later.'

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

Anja's Post:
"Yeah they tend to be attracted to us, sometimes other rodents as well, you can sit in a field wit the bunny rabbits like a fucking Disney Princess if you wanted to, but yeah rats like us and tend to treat us like the biggest, baddest rat around."

'Weird...' Nicole commented, shaking her head. 'If you could talk to rats, doesn't that mean you'd be able to get them to ID all the kinfolk?' gesturing with her mug for some more coffee... if there was any left, that is.

'Does being Kinfolk actually have any benefits?'

[It's possible that somebody else is seeing that future, and is trying to change it by altering the present. There's many ways of dealing with this; and I'm looking forward to seeing the Great One's handling of it. *smiles*]
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:12 pm

Bianca backed away a bit at your outburst ad her eyes widened. "No herbal tea...got it..." The Verbena muttered she gave you a look though and then gave one to Serge as well. "Ehm...ok...ehm...I have a feeling I really should not get involved in this so I ehm...will tend to the plants." She muttered and she did just that though it was clear that the hedge wizard found your behavior a tad bit alarming.

He sighed, rubbed his free hand across his hair in sudden frustration and said, "Pardon." A wave of embarrassment rapidly took the place of the irritation.

Carly jumped up and down on Streak giggeling and the shy imp endured it but then she gåt a hold of his tail and bit it. Streak got tears in his coal eyes, tars made of sparks and he got up.
"I don't want to play anymore."
He said and tried to walk away but Curly grabbed the tail she had just bit.
"Play, play, play!"
She demanded and the other imp started crying in earnest.
"I want to go to my Master now!"
He bawled not happy about his broodmate's attentions

"That's enough," he said sharply to Curly. "He said he did not wish to play. Respect his wishes."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:30 pm

Anja wrote:"I think you have to learn to do such a spell yourself child, while I understand you fascination with TV shows and the visuals of them you can not expect others to have the same interests."
Master Babu said.

"Yeah. Your probably right about that." Serge said evenly, a little disheartened as he remembered how far off he was from learning his traditions signature magick.

Anja wrote:"A camping trip with your friends would be good for you Serge though you will not get a sense of what someone in a survival situation feels from going camping with plenty of food, a nice tent and a hours walk back to the car you know, that is a quite different experience."

"Baby steps. First a relaxing trip in the wilderness to get a feel for being out in the wild. Then maybe the hard stuff." Serge said with a chuckle.

Colin wrote:He grinned, "Actually, I might be visiting the local werewolf tribe some day soon; I might ask them to bring you along on a camping trip, to teach you a few things about wilderness survival. Though they might have slightly higher expectations for physical fortitude than you are used to."
Anja wrote:"Splendid it is settled then you will take my grandson out and teach him a bit about how to survive in the wilderness, good good, try not to have him killed by werewolves though it would upset Ange terribly."

"I've always wanted to meet a real werewolf." Serge said seemingly undisturbed by his lack of input on the situation.

Adley wrote:He gave Serge a sharp look. "I am not paranoid!" He said, affronted, then just as quickly, he said, "Or maybe it's more true that now, I'm the /proper/ amount of paranoid and I should have been more careful before, I nearly died I don't even know how many times, and nevermind me, but everyone. We've been under attack for a fortnight and we're at war. There is /way/ too much to do to simply relax, not that I've felt like I've been doing much since I got hurt. And--" he stopped suddenly at hearing Bianca chime in and glanced over to her. "No!" Then in a slightly exasperated voice, "Thank you, but no." Then more to himself than either of them or the spirits, "Do me some good! Herbal tea! I've been taking enough vitamins and potions and what have you..." His sudden outburst was like someone tossing a lit match right into underbrush or kindling. It went up fast and burnt itself up and left a bit of irritating smoke in its wake. "I'm fine, there's no need to worry about me..." he huffed.
Anja wrote:Bianca backed away a bit at your outburst ad her eyes widened.
"No herbal tea...got it..."
The Verbena muttered she gave you a look though and then gave one to Serge as well.
"Ehm...ok...ehm...I have a feeling I really should not get involved in this so I ehm...will tend to the plants."
She muttered and she did just that though it was clear that the hedge wizard found your behavior a tad bit alarming.
Adley wrote:He sighed, rubbed his free hand across his hair in sudden frustration and said, "Pardon." A wave of embarrassment rapidly took the place of the irritation.

Serge was shocked by the sudden outburst, clearly not expecting that sort of response, but did his best to maintain a neutral face as he listened to Hermetic's words. When he was done he nodded and said in an apologetic voice, "I apologize as well. It wasn't right of me to suggest something like that out of the blue."

He took the herbal tea from Bianca and said, "Ahh, Thanks Bianca. Tea in front of the fireplace. It's perfect fit. Then turning to Adley he said, "Come on. Don't want to keep the imp waiting. You can teach me more spirit stuff there.".

Adley wrote:"A few," he said vaguely to Serge. "I hope she doesn't take your drawing as encouragement. Shoes are expensive."

"I was just hoping she'd enjoy burning the page if it happened to have her favorite things drawn on it." Serge said with a smile as he watched imps run around. "Although I don't think it'd make a difference to her."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:15 pm

"I apologize as well. It wasn't right of me to suggest something like that out of the blue."

"Your concern is...noted, and I appreciate that you care. You don't need to apologize but I don't wish to talk about this." He looked deeply uncomfortable, and especially ridiculous considering he was holding onto Serge's hand, though he seemed to be trying to draw away from him at the same time given his body language. Like a hand closing up into a fist, ready to defend himself, but the jolt of seeing them both staring at him made him ashamed on top of it all.

"Ahh, Thanks Bianca. Tea in front of the fireplace. It's perfect fit. Then turning to Adley he said, "Come on. Don't want to keep the imp waiting. You can teach me more spirit stuff there.".

He frowned at him. Then he gave a nod, seeming more than ready to escape downstairs but also equally looking incredibly stubborn about being (in his opinion) herded but he didn't say anything.

"I was just hoping she'd enjoy burning the page if it happened to have her favorite things drawn on it." Serge said with a smile as he watched imps run around. "Although I don't think it'd make a difference to her."

"Well, either way she will enjoy the fire so that will be a nice gift. Not that I am sure she quite deserves it..." he said as the poor imp got bitten.

s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:44 pm

[Chantry]

'We're not killing him to take his riches - he's gonna die regardless.' Nicole replied. 'Next, where do you think he got it from? From the blood of people. P'haps literally in this case. Would it be so bad to break it up, start funnelling it into charitable concerns one twenty at a time - let it do some good for the wider world? After a small deduction for expenses, naturally. Like the idea of a slush fund-' giving Colin a nod '-that would strengthen the whole Chantry, wouldn't it? After all, the Union have the might of the Syndicate behind them, while we have... whatever we personally can scrape up.'

"No we are not killing this man to take is riches, however it is a dangerous practice to start with, this time we have good reason but the next time, if we have something to gain from killing then it is far to easy to do it when there is not a goo reason, remember the times when the ruling powers have had the right to take the property of the convicted then accusations and convictions have gone up significantly, so that is one of the problems, the other problem is that any claim we make before their kind that we are doing this for a good reason because we had to will be weakened if we loot the man after we have ended him. The third reason why this is a problem is that it is dishonorable, if all the money went to charity then that final point might be less relevant but if we kept any of it then it would just be wrong, it is not how warriors behave on the battlefield, not noble ones."
Jeffry said and shook his head.

Think that's a question for Mr Google, me; go onto one of those "title deed" sites and find out who owns it. Might be a minion, or p'haps a front company.' Nicole commented, looking at the fridge again, loading up the plate with whatever she could find. 'Even if can do nothing about it now, good little bit of info we can note down for later.'

There was the food Colin's mentioned there where also some chicken and a plate of something with pasta.
"I am afraid I do not know Mr Google but he certainly sounds knowledgeable if you know him Miss Nicole then feel free to ask him."
Jeffry said and Fran smiled a little.
"Ehm...it is a search engine a sort of internet index, I will see what I can find."
Fran said and she pulled out her phone and tapped at it.
"Yeah...the junkyard is officially city property."
She commented.
"So the vampires do not own it in mundane society."

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

'Weird...' Nicole commented, shaking her head. 'If you could talk to rats, doesn't that mean you'd be able to get them to ID all the kinfolk?' gesturing with her mug for some more coffee... if there was any left, that is.

"Yeah it is not like you can say hi Mr Sniffels how are all the eight hundred kids...little Bubba got eaten by a cat, how horrible...rats are less scared of us and behave towards us as if we where rats, it do not mean we are suddenly the paid piper."
Your uncle said as he filled your cup he had a very large thermos of coffee.

'Does being Kinfolk actually have any benefits?'

"Not much, some of us can learn a few nifty tricks but for the most part we don't freak out when we see the shifters change and that is about it."
He said and shrugged.

He sighed, rubbed his free hand across his hair in sudden frustration and said, "Pardon." A wave of embarrassment rapidly took the place of the irritation.

"It is ok, don't worry about it Mr Roth Hicks, we are all a little on edge eh."
Bianca said and she gave you a warm smile.

"That's enough," he said sharply to Curly. "He said he did not wish to play. Respect his wishes."

"But Poodle are busy and Droplet is bigger than me so I can't bully him and the others watch the wards."
Curly protested but she let go of the otherimp's tail and he quickly fled and hid behind you.
"I want to go to Master now!"
Streak bawled.

He took the herbal tea from Bianca and said, "Ahh, Thanks Bianca. Tea in front of the fireplace. It's perfect fit. Then turning to Adley he said, "Come on. Don't want to keep the imp waiting. You can teach me more spirit stuff there.".

"I was not thinking right now since I am still working on harvesting hebs but if you want some tea I can come by your room with the tea this evening if you wish."
Bianca said and she glanced up at Serge.

"Well, either way she will enjoy the fire so that will be a nice gift. Not that I am sure she quite deserves it..." he said as the poor imp got bitten.

"I deserve treats for I am cute!"
Carly said, poor Streak did not look like he agreed he was still crying holding onto his tail and not liking the situation one bit.

"Yeah. Your probably right about that." Serge said evenly, a little disheartened as he remembered how far off he was from learning his traditions signature magick.

"I am always right child."
Master Babu said without a hint of irony.

"I've always wanted to meet a real werewolf." Serge said seemingly undisturbed by his lack of input on the situation.

"They are magnificent creatures, but can be aggressive so listen to Mr Wainwright and be on your best behavior."
Your grand mentor warned.

(OOC: I meant the Syndicate yes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:30 pm

"It is ok, don't worry about it Mr Roth Hicks, we are all a little on edge eh." Bianca said and she gave you a warm smile.

He didn't smile back. Anything else anyone was saying was only making him feel worse and he didn't have anything to say to improve it so he said nothing for possibly an awkward interval until he landed on making a hasty departure.

"But Poodle are busy and Droplet is bigger than me so I can't bully him and the others watch the wards."
Curly protested but she let go of the otherimp's tail and he quickly fled and hid behind you.
"I want to go to Master now!"
Streak bawled.

"Bullying is not correct behavior, no matter what size you are in comparison to others. Playing is not bullying, either. We're going to have to have a discussion on proper behavior again. Leave him alone to go about his business." His patience was thinned from earlier but he didn't yell at the imp, though his tone was clear it was not phrased as a request.

"I deserve treats for I am cute!" Carly said,

"Your behavior is not cute, therefor your premise is invalid. Cease and come along."
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:49 pm

Jeremy wrote:"Baby steps. First a relaxing trip in the wilderness to get a feel for being out in the wild. Then maybe the hard stuff." Serge said with a chuckle.
Anja wrote:"Splendid it is settled then you will take my grandson out and teach him a bit about how to survive in the wilderness, good good, try not to have him killed by werewolves though it would upset Ange terribly."
Jeremy wrote:"I've always wanted to meet a real werewolf." Serge said seemingly undisturbed by his lack of input on the situation.
Anja wrote:"They are magnificent creatures, but can be aggressive so listen to Mr Wainwright and be on your best behavior."
Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Well, there's no really good reason for starting too softly on a wilderness excursion, but depending on where we would go, having the werewolves' blessing to do so, and perhaps one of them as a guide to avoid treading on toes, would be most beneficial. And I did get a faint glimpse of some of their fighting in the Labyrinth, there was a pack aiding us there. Picture a 450-pound furry pillar of muscle and rage... You do not want to upset them, but if you can meet them under cordial circumstances, they can obviously be negotiated with."
He frowned, "Oh, and they do use Nodes, but in a very different manner. If you sense one while we're out, don't try to draw Quintessence from it, that's an almost guaranteed way to find yourself on the business end of some very large claws."

Anja wrote:"Well that is quite careless and seams like a perfectly fitting punishment for the crime."
The old Cultist said and she nodded approvingly.
He nodded, "i might disagree with him about the degree of carelessness; it was a calculated risk on my part - but I do not disagree with his decision I needed a... refresher on the potential consequences of that risk. Most likely, I might have been stopped by the police after the incident, and had I been carrying my weapon loaded with Primium rounds, I would have been at greater risk than I would be unarmed. Particularly considering my lack of carrying permit at the time."

Anja wrote:"If you are correct about that then the Primus we just discussed would be completely free of wrong doing, he would then be lead by fate to sentence the young woman so that she would one day find this other Avatar."
He frowned, "I don't know if I would go that far... there were a few other aspects to the trial that certainly would render him culpable, and I would hazard Fate in this case would be bringing the woman to a new Avatar to let her speak of how she cleansed the old one - essentially, making up for lost time after the cleansed one was destroyed. Interestingly, I spoke with an old, lovely lady who had fled to hide with the Nephandi before the world-ending faction took control of them, and she knew that a Fallen Avatar could be restored, as certainly as she breathed. Which does imply that the knowledge is being deliberately suppressed, not because of Fate, but because of conspiracy."
He paused, "Ah, regarding that conversation with the old lady, I've already been legally cleared of that one. She's a renegade from the Fallen now, no longer aligned with them, and not herself Fallen."

Anja wrote:"Well I guess our own Divine will our Avatars have a tendency to lead the way."
She said and nodded.
"But yes fate I do think are our habits and interests and our likely actions that we will continue doing unless something stops us from doing so, like prior knowledge."
He smiled wryly, "And who is to say prior knowledge is even going to change our minds?"

[Chantry]
Anja wrote:"I have tapers, chimes, pillars, tea lights, votives and birthday candles in gold, the birthday candles only burn for twelve minutes so they will not work but you can have your pick of the rest."
Jeffry said then he shrugged.
"My imps likes candles so I tend to get allot of them."
He nodded, "I believe that ritual room has a large set of standard candlesticks, so I expect tapers will be the most convenient choice."

Anja wrote:Jeffry just nodded his agreement to this approvingly.
Nicole wrote:'We're not killing him to take his riches - he's gonna die regardless.' Nicole replied. 'Next, where do you think he got it from? From the blood of people. P'haps literally in this case. Would it be so bad to break it up, start funnelling it into charitable concerns one twenty at a time - let it do some good for the wider world? After a small deduction for expenses, naturally. Like the idea of a slush fund-' giving Colin a nod '-that would strengthen the whole Chantry, wouldn't it? After all, the Union have the might of the Syndicate behind them, while we have... whatever we personally can scrape up.'
Nicole wrote:"No we are not killing this man to take is riches, however it is a dangerous practice to start with, this time we have good reason but the next time, if we have something to gain from killing then it is far to easy to do it when there is not a goo reason, remember the times when the ruling powers have had the right to take the property of the convicted then accusations and convictions have gone up significantly, so that is one of the problems, the other problem is that any claim we make before their kind that we are doing this for a good reason because we had to will be weakened if we loot the man after we have ended him. The third reason why this is a problem is that it is dishonorable, if all the money went to charity then that final point might be less relevant but if we kept any of it then it would just be wrong, it is not how warriors behave on the battlefield, not noble ones."
He shook his head, "What we're about to undertake is an assassination, one justified by his actions. We might wind up with having to pay some manner of weregild to settle things diplomatically, but considering the circumstances, that could as easily wind up as essentially pocket change. If we muck it up and rob the place in the process, we lose the moral high ground, and may obliterate our moral standing, as the Prince can dismiss our actions as a robbery gone wrong and demand restitution for that."

Nicole wrote:'Think that's a question for Mr Google, me; go onto one of those "title deed" sites and find out who owns it. Might be a minion, or p'haps a front company.' Nicole commented, looking at the fridge again, loading up the plate with whatever she could find. 'Even if can do nothing about it now, good little bit of info we can note down for later.'
Anja wrote:There was the food Colin's mentioned there where also some chicken and a plate of something with pasta.
"I am afraid I do not know Mr Google but he certainly sounds knowledgeable if you know him Miss Nicole then feel free to ask him."
Jeffry said and Fran smiled a little.
"Ehm...it is a search engine a sort of internet index, I will see what I can find."
Fran said and she pulled out her phone and tapped at it.
"Yeah...the junkyard is officially city property."
She commented.
"So the vampires do not own it in mundane society."
He pondered in the doorway, "I wonder if perhaps we could make a bid on the place as our mundane property - retain its use as a scrapyard, possibly make a small profit on the side in taking broken cars off people's hands and doing some restoration work, while securing the shelter for the residents? Worth a thought at least. Well, see you in a few minutes."
He headed upstairs to leave the poor Toreador's ashes in the safe and get a few other accessories ready to work...
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:11 am

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:
"No we are not killing this man to take is riches, however it is a dangerous practice to start with, this time we have good reason but the next time, if we have something to gain from killing then it is far to easy to do it when there is not a goo reason, remember the times when the ruling powers have had the right to take the property of the convicted then accusations and convictions have gone up significantly, so that is one of the problems, the other problem is that any claim we make before their kind that we are doing this for a good reason because we had to will be weakened if we loot the man after we have ended him. The third reason why this is a problem is that it is dishonorable, if all the money went to charity then that final point might be less relevant but if we kept any of it then it would just be wrong, it is not how warriors behave on the battlefield, not noble ones."

Colin's Post:
He shook his head, "What we're about to undertake is an assassination, one justified by his actions. We might wind up with having to pay some manner of weregild to settle things diplomatically, but considering the circumstances, that could as easily wind up as essentially pocket change. If we muck it up and rob the place in the process, we lose the moral high ground, and may obliterate our moral standing, as the Prince can dismiss our actions as a robbery gone wrong and demand restitution for that."

'What about those two Fallen, then? The one who were trying to get out of there after they saw fighting was pointless?' Nicole replied, giving a raised eyebrow back to the Chief. 'Yes, yes good reason for it and all that, but shooting in the back is hardly "honourable", is it?' Though it was clear Nicole didn't actually care about this - save as an example.

'You can keep your "honour". If history has taught me anything, it's that it's those people who end up dead. I play to win.' a short pause before continuing. 'But... I can see your point. Bringing a semi [truck] and stripping the place does sorta dent our position with the Prince afters.'

Colin's Post:
He pondered in the doorway, "I wonder if perhaps we could make a bid on the place as our mundane property - retain its use as a scrapyard, possibly make a small profit on the side in taking broken cars off people's hands and doing some restoration work, while securing the shelter for the residents? Worth a thought at least. Well, see you in a few minutes."
He headed upstairs to leave the poor Toreador's ashes in the safe and get a few other accessories ready to work...

Nicole was silent, though gave Colin a look somewhere between suspicion and curiosity.

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

Anja's Post:
"Yeah it is not like you can say hi Mr Sniffels how are all the eight hundred kids...little Bubba got eaten by a cat, how horrible...rats are less scared of us and behave towards us as if we where rats, it do not mean we are suddenly the paid piper."
Your uncle said as he filled your cup he had a very large thermos of coffee.

'No.' Nicole replied, giving a laugh at the idea. 'But... you've got dogs which can sniff out drugs and bombs. I actually even remember seeing something about giant rats sniffing out landmines recently. Well, I think that wasn't a hoax. But everyone knows rats are smart fuckers... perhaps they could be trained? Question is; would Rattu be able to detect other kinfolk, or just us?'

Anja's Post:
"Not much, some of us can learn a few nifty tricks but for the most part we don't freak out when we see the shifters change and that is about it."
He said and shrugged.

Nicole was silent for a moment, simply enjoying the coffee - and thinking. 'Well... what do Ratkin actually want? That is, in general terms?'

Last edited by Nicole Bouchard on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:14 am

Anja wrote:"I am always right child."
Master Babu said without a hint of irony.

"Right." Serge said with a smile.

Anja wrote:"They are magnificent creatures, but can be aggressive so listen to Mr Wainwright and be on your best behavior."
Colin wrote:Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Well, there's no really good reason for starting too softly on a wilderness excursion, but depending on where we would go, having the werewolves' blessing to do so, and perhaps one of them as a guide to avoid treading on toes, would be most beneficial. And I did get a faint glimpse of some of their fighting in the Labyrinth, there was a pack aiding us there. Picture a 450-pound furry pillar of muscle and rage... You do not want to upset them, but if you can meet them under cordial circumstances, they can obviously be negotiated with."
He frowned, "Oh, and they do use Nodes, but in a very different manner. If you sense one while we're out, don't try to draw Quintessence from it, that's an almost guaranteed way to find yourself on the business end of some very large claws."

"Darn. Nodes are always surrounded by great scenery to draw. And a werewolf node would've been cool to capture. Oh well. I don't feel like getting gutted anytime soon." Serge said with a shrug. "A pack of werewolves was at the labyrinth battle? Huh. I didn't know that. I keep learning more and more stuff about that battle."

Adley wrote:"Your concern is...noted, and I appreciate that you care. You don't need to apologize but I don't wish to talk about this." He looked deeply uncomfortable, and especially ridiculous considering he was holding onto Serge's hand, though he seemed to be trying to draw away from him at the same time given his body language. Like a hand closing up into a fist, ready to defend himself, but the jolt of seeing them both staring at him made him ashamed on top of it all.
Anja wrote:"It is ok, don't worry about it Mr Roth Hicks, we are all a little on edge eh."
Bianca said and she gave you a warm smile.
Adley wrote:He didn't smile back. Anything else anyone was saying was only making him feel worse and he didn't have anything to say to improve it so he said nothing for possibly an awkward interval until he landed on making a hasty departure.

"That's all right. We all have things we'd rather not discuss." Serge said in a measured polite tone, clearly thinking his words a little more now that he had seen there effect on the Hermetic. He noted how uncomfortable Adley looked and said nothing more on the matter.

Adley wrote:"Well, either way she will enjoy the fire so that will be a nice gift. Not that I am sure she quite deserves it..." he said as the poor imp got bitten.
Anja wrote:"I deserve treats for I am cute!"
Carly said, poor Streak did not look like he agreed he was still crying holding onto his tail and not liking the situation one bit.

"At the very least it'll serve as a distraction. To get her away from the other imp." Serge said with a chuckle. Seemingly forgetting, or simply choosing to ignore, the previous events in the garden and focusing on something else.

Eventually he figured out a way around his drawing dilemma. He got on one knee, still having his one hand attached to Adley, and balanced his sketchbook on his thigh. He pulled out one of his many pencils and began drawing a quick sketch of what looked like an unlit candle with shoelace strings twirling around it's wax base.  

When he finished he ripped out the page and crumpled it into a ball-shape. He offered the paper ball to the Hermetic and said, "You wanna try tossing the first one into the fireplace? Your better at the 'giving offerings to spirits' thing."
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next