Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:20 am

[A request for help - Adley and Serge]

He didn't smile back. Anything else anyone was saying was only making him feel worse and he didn't have anything to say to improve it so he said nothing for possibly an awkward interval until he landed on making a hasty departure.

Bianca looked at you for a moment then she just continued gardening quietly.

"Bullying is not correct behavior, no matter what size you are in comparison to others. Playing is not bullying, either. We're going to have to have a discussion on proper behavior again. Leave him alone to go about his business." His patience was thinned from earlier but he didn't yell at the imp, though his tone was clear it was not phrased as a request.

The little imp looked down she clearly understood from the tone of your voice that she could not get away with anything else so she nodded.
"Yes Master's Student."
Curly said and chewed her lip.
"I will be good."

"Your behavior is not cute, therefor your premise is invalid. Cease and come along."

"Do behavior have anything to do with being cute?"
Curly said then she nodded.
"O I will come along Master's Student she agreed and came with you and Serge and she left her brother alone for now.

[Colin's Shop Meeting With Master Babu]

"Darn. Nodes are always surrounded by great scenery to draw. And a werewolf node would've been cool to capture. Oh well. I don't feel like getting gutted anytime soon." Serge said with a shrug. "A pack of werewolves was at the labyrinth battle? Huh. I didn't know that. I keep learning more and more stuff about that battle."

"Being gutted is most distressing. You might be able to ask the werewolves if you can draw the scenery but ask first and thread gently for to them it is holy ground."
Master Babu said firmly.
"It is a mage using their Node that will get an automatic violent response drawing it might be acceptable but ask and do not press the issue if they say no."

Colin nodded thoughtfully, "Well, there's no really good reason for starting too softly on a wilderness excursion, but depending on where we would go, having the werewolves' blessing to do so, and perhaps one of them as a guide to avoid treading on toes, would be most beneficial. And I did get a faint glimpse of some of their fighting in the Labyrinth, there was a pack aiding us there. Picture a 450-pound furry pillar of muscle and rage... You do not want to upset them, but if you can meet them under cordial circumstances, they can obviously be negotiated with."

"Ah yes that do sound like the most beneficial indeed. I do remember once where we threw and open orgy and two Celtic werewolf and a handful of Satyrs joined in, a most wonderful few days."
Master Babu exclaimed.

He nodded, "i might disagree with him about the degree of carelessness; it was a calculated risk on my part - but I do not disagree with his decision I needed a... refresher on the potential consequences of that risk. Most likely, I might have been stopped by the police after the incident, and had I been carrying my weapon loaded with Primium rounds, I would have been at greater risk than I would be unarmed. Particularly considering my lack of carrying permit at the time."

The old Cultist considered for a moment then she nodded.
"I might be inclined to agree with that though I understand Master Morgan's need to give you a reminder and his decree is not unfair."
She said and nodded.

He frowned, "I don't know if I would go that far... there were a few other aspects to the trial that certainly would render him culpable, and I would hazard Fate in this case would be bringing the woman to a new Avatar to let her speak of how she cleansed the old one - essentially, making up for lost time after the cleansed one was destroyed. Interestingly, I spoke with an old, lovely lady who had fled to hide with the Nephandi before the world-ending faction took control of them, and she knew that a Fallen Avatar could be restored, as certainly as she breathed. Which does imply that the knowledge is being deliberately suppressed, not because of Fate, but because of conspiracy."
He paused, "Ah, regarding that conversation with the old lady, I've already been legally cleared of that one. She's a renegade from the Fallen now, no longer aligned with them, and not herself Fallen."

"Interesting, very interesting so this old woman who hid with the Nephandi said Avatars could be cleansed hum...if that is correct then it would indicate that someone do not want us to have that knowledge."
Master Babu said.
"With fate though there are no both ways here, either we are bound by fate and then we can say to be no more responsible for our own actions than a slave, or what we have are indications of what will happen based on our own will and actions which can be freely changed and then we are responsible for what we do."
The old Cultist commented.
"Anyway it is good this other Avatar have been found for the poor girl."

He smiled wryly, "And who is to say prior knowledge is even going to change our minds?"

"Indeed it do not always do that however with knowledge we can take an informed choice about what to do."

[Chantry]

He nodded, "I believe that ritual room has a large set of standard candlesticks, so I expect tapers will be the most convenient choice."

"Indeed it do so I will bring some tapers then."
Jeffry agreed.

He shook his head, "What we're about to undertake is an assassination, one justified by his actions. We might wind up with having to pay some manner of weregild to settle things diplomatically, but considering the circumstances, that could as easily wind up as essentially pocket change. If we muck it up and rob the place in the process, we lose the moral high ground, and may obliterate our moral standing, as the Prince can dismiss our actions as a robbery gone wrong and demand restitution for that."

"Agreed it would make negotiations far harder what we have are high ground and the ability to claim we had one particular reason to go after this vampire, we loose that if we steal his belongings as well."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.

He pondered in the doorway, "I wonder if perhaps we could make a bid on the place as our mundane property - retain its use as a scrapyard, possibly make a small profit on the side in taking broken cars off people's hands and doing some restoration work, while securing the shelter for the residents? Worth a thought at least. Well, see you in a few minutes."

"It is worth considering to see what we can do, when there is time to discuss it."
Jeffry agreed.
"But there are several concerns to consider so we have to deal with it at some other time."

He headed upstairs to leave the poor Toreador's ashes in the safe and get a few other accessories ready to work...

Once you returned to the ritual chamber Jeffry was already there, he had put several gold colored candles in candle holders and ad light them and he was now drawng symbols in chalk on the floor.
"Ah Mr Wainwright, ready to get this done?"
He asked.

'Remember you ordering us to open fire on a pair of Fallen who'd you'd given your word that we'd let them go.' Nicole replied, giving a raised eyebrow back to the Chief. 'I don't remember exactly the words you said, but I do remember straight after re-running 'em through my head to see if you'd technically kept them...' ending with a "and you didn't" look. Though it was clear Nicole didn't actually care about this - save as an example.

"The two Nephandi where fleeing indeed and I prefer to fight a man face to face but we where in war, and if the Nephandi won the world would be destroyed, or rather cease to exist, I did what I had to, I had given them no promises so I do not see ordering their deaths as dishonorable, though I wish the situation had been different. It can still not be compared with robbing the dead for personal gain."
Jeffry said and frowned.

'You can keep your "honour". If history has taught me anything, it's that it's those people who end up dead. I play to win.' a short pause before continuing. 'But... I can see your point. Bringing a semi [truck] and stripping the place does sorta dent our position with the Prince afters.'

The old Hermetic raised an eyebrow.
"I am over three hundred years old young lady and I have lived by a code of honor my entire life, perhaps your history is wrong. Also I would rather die with honor than live in shame."
He said sharply.
"Good we have an understanding then."
He said sharply.
"I would like you and your team here to stay ready if we have to move in but hopefully we can do this remotely."

[Diamond Hill, RI.]

'No.' Nicole replied, giving a laugh at the idea. 'But... you've got dogs which can sniff out drugs and bombs. I actually even remember seeing something about giant rats sniffing out landmines recently. Well, I think that wasn't a hoax. But everyone knows rats are smart fuckers... perhaps they could be trained? Question is; would Rattu be able to detect other kinfolk, or just us?'

"Hum...yes I do think they can be trained kid, and I don't know about the kin of other types of changers but I suspect that yes they might be able to smell them given proper training, that is just speculation though."
Your uncle said and nodded.

Nicole was silent for a moment, simply enjoying the coffee - and thinking. 'Well... what do Ratkin actually want? That is, in general terms?'

"That is where it get iffy, they want to bring disease, their task the way I understand it is preventing humanity from getting so numersous that they destroy the planet and they do this by bringing plauges. Other than that they want what anyone want, they want food, shelter, ex and well happiness I guess they are not so different from regular folks really."

(OOC: Could you tell me what Nicole is referring to as that seams very out of character for Jeffry as he value keeping his word even to an enemy, and also it is tactically stupid to let it be known that surrendered enemies are executed so are you sure you have not misread something there? I am a bit confused here.)

Last edited by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

View user profile http://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Little Moments Between Steptember and November, Meetings and Endings Part 2 IC Thread 31

Post by Warpmind on Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:26 pm

Jeremy wrote:"Darn. Nodes are always surrounded by great scenery to draw. And a werewolf node would've been cool to capture. Oh well. I don't feel like getting gutted anytime soon." Serge said with a shrug. "A pack of werewolves was at the labyrinth battle? Huh. I didn't know that. I keep learning more and more stuff about that battle."
Anja wrote:"Being gutted is most distressing. You might be able to ask the werewolves if you can draw the scenery but ask first and thread gently for to them it is holy ground."
Master Babu said firmly.
"It is a mage using their Node that will get an automatic violent response drawing it might be acceptable but ask and do not press the issue if they say no."
Colin smiled wryly, "Having any part of you opened when it was not designed to be opened is rather distressing, but yes, bring the question up respectfully, and it seems fairly plausible they would allow you to approach to depict the area. They might insist on keeping the picture, of course, but so long as you do not touch the Quintessence of the Node itself, you should probably be safe."

Anja wrote:"Ah yes that do sound like the most beneficial indeed. I do remember once where we threw and open orgy and two Celtic werewolf and a handful of Satyrs joined in, a most wonderful few days."
Master Babu exclaimed.
He arched an eyebrow, "Indeed? Pray tell, is it true about how they say Satyrs determine who among them is the wisest?"

Anja wrote:The old Cultist considered for a moment then she nodded.
"I might be inclined to agree with that though I understand Master Morgan's need to give you a reminder and his decree is not unfair."
She said and nodded.
He nodded, "Oh, I agree with his decree; I only think he ranked the danger to me a little higher than I did. Essentially, we argue about a variable in a mathematical equation, not something I consider it worth trying to dispute."

Anja wrote:"Interesting, very interesting so this old woman who hid with the Nephandi said Avatars could be cleansed hum...if that is correct then it would indicate that someone do not want us to have that knowledge."
Master Babu said.
"With fate though there are no both ways here, either we are bound by fate and then we can say to be no more responsible for our own actions than a slave, or what we have are indications of what will happen based on our own will and actions which can be freely changed and then we are responsible for what we do."
The old Cultist commented.
"Anyway it is good this other Avatar have been found for the poor girl."
He nodded, "I don't buy that we're bound by Fate. At most, Fate tries to nudge things along in a certain direction, but anyone can kick that plan aside with a little determination. But Fate is there, that much I am also convinced of. And Fate is a lot more patient than most humans."
He frowned, "And yes, there seems there is some level of... conspiracy. Had the possibility of undoing the damage of the Caul been general knowledge, Gilgul would never have been accepted as broadly as it has been..."

Anja wrote:"Indeed it do not always do that however with knowledge we can take an informed choice about what to do."
He nodded, "And informed choices are the best kind of choices."

[Chantry]
Anja wrote:"Agreed it would make negotiations far harder what we have are high ground and the ability to claim we had one particular reason to go after this vampire, we loose that if we steal his belongings as well."
The old Hermetic said and nodded.
Nicole wrote:'Remember you ordering us to open fire on a pair of Fallen who'd you'd given your word that we'd let them go.' Nicole replied, giving a raised eyebrow back to the Chief. 'I don't remember exactly the words you said, but I do remember straight after re-running 'em through my head to see if you'd technically kept them...' ending with a "and you didn't" look. Though it was clear Nicole didn't actually care about this - save as an example.

'You can keep your "honour". If history has taught me anything, it's that it's those people who end up dead. I play to win.' a short pause before continuing. 'But... I can see your point. Bringing a semi [truck] and stripping the place does sorta dent our position with the Prince afters.'
Anja wrote:The old Hermetic raised an eyebrow.
"I am over three hundred years old young lady and I have lived by a code of honor my entire life, perhaps your history is wrong. Also I would rather die with honor than live in shame."
He said sharply.
He said sharply.
"I would like you and your team here to stay ready if we have to move in but hopefully we can do this remotely."
He frowned, "Miss Bouchard, while I won't necessarily discourage a bit of healthy opportunism when it is appropriate, I must note that you seem to conflate 'victory' with 'personal survival'. As an example, the Greeks had a thousand, maybe two thousand men against a force fifty to a hundred and fifty times their number, and yet, the Greeks led by 300 Spartans won the battle, despite being slaughtered to a man... I'm not saying you should lay down your life at a whim, but honour has won wars, even if people have died from it... and I should much prefer to be remembered as an honourable soldier who fell in victory, than as someone who deserted his post and survived while everyone else perished..."

Anja wrote:"It is worth considering to see what we can do, when there is time to discuss it."
Jeffry agreed.
"But there are several concerns to consider so we have to deal with it at some other time."
He nodded, "No rush. But it might lend a bit more strength to our claim of the place in negotiations."

Anja wrote:Once you returned to the ritual chamber Jeffry was already there, he had put several gold colored candles in candle holders and ad light them and he was now drawng symbols in chalk on the floor.
"Ah Mr Wainwright, ready to get this done?"
He asked.
He nodded and set out a silver bowl with the ashes of the Ventrue, and a simple silver dagger and put it on a table, "Quite ready. Will you be leading the working, or shall I? Using the ashes as both a sympathetic link and a power source is going to pack quite the punch against any defenses Livington might possess..."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Colin smiled wryly, "Having any part of you opened when it was not designed to be opened is rather distressing, but yes, bring the question up respectfully, and it seems fairly plausible they would allow you to approach to depict the area. They might insist on keeping the picture, of course, but so long as you do not touch the Quintessence of the Node itself, you should probably be safe."

"Indeed quite so Mr Wainwright do having your guts torn open is a particularly unpleasant way to be opened in the wrong way."
Master Babu agreed.

He arched an eyebrow, "Indeed? Pray tell, is it true about how they say Satyrs determine who among them is the wisest?"

"Yes indeed they do and they where all very wise."
The old Cultist said and chuckle.

He nodded, "Oh, I agree with his decree; I only think he ranked the danger to me a little higher than I did. Essentially, we argue about a variable in a mathematical equation, not something I consider it worth trying to dispute."

Master Babu nodded.
"Well no need to discuss this at length then, Master Morgan did nothing wrong with his decree."
He said.

He nodded, "I don't buy that we're bound by Fate. At most, Fate tries to nudge things along in a certain direction, but anyone can kick that plan aside with a little determination. But Fate is there, that much I am also convinced of. And Fate is a lot more patient than most humans."
He frowned, "And yes, there seems there is some level of... conspiracy. Had the possibility of undoing the damage of the Caul been general knowledge, Gilgul would never have been accepted as broadly as it has been..."

"I am not so sure I agree with you about fate Mr Wainwright but be that as it may. As for an conspiracy yes it would seam you are right in that regard. W would never support Gilgulling the Fallen if there was a way to save them, that ritual is a horror."
Master Babu said and shuddered.
"But who would have anything to gain by withholding such information?"
She asked and frowned.

He nodded, "And informed choices are the best kind of choices."

"Oh indeed they are indeed."
The Cultist agreed with a smile.

[Chantry]

He nodded, "No rush. But it might lend a bit more strength to our claim of the place in negotiations."

"Doubtfully since the vampires will be able to see that we got ownership over the junkyard after we killed Livington but we might be able to do some good for the residents with such an arrangement."
Jeffry said and frowned.

He nodded and set out a silver bowl with the ashes of the Ventrue, and a simple silver dagger and put it on a table, "Quite ready. Will you be leading the working, or shall I? Using the ashes as both a sympathetic link and a power source is going to pack quite the punch against any defenses Livington might possess..."

"If you wish to lead the working that is acceptable to me Mr Wainwright, first we need to scry on the target before we make our move. What do you prefer as for working. The timing is not right so the correspondences are a bit off but I was planning on summoning the planetary rulers of Mercury and the Sun for first scrying and then opening a portal to ehm...shine a light on our problem, do this work for you my good man?"
Jeffry asked as he finished drawing the sigils on the floor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:16 pm

"That's all right. We all have things we'd rather not discuss." Serge said in a measured polite tone...

For a second, it looked like he was going to argue about something, caught himself out of it, and then dropped the whole conversation like it was a rock into a very deep lake.

The little imp looked down she clearly understood from the tone of your voice that she could not get away with anything else so she nodded.
"Yes Master's Student."
Curly said and chewed her lip.
"I will be good."

"Thank you."

"At the very least it'll serve as a distraction. To get her away from the other imp." Serge said with a chuckle.

"I feel a bit bad for him, he's much shyer than his broodmates, and less assertive so he gets ganged up on sometimes," he agreed, ready to help Streak if he couldn't get himself out of his predicament.

"Do behavior have anything to do with being cute?"
Curly said then she nodded.
"O I will come along Master's Student she agreed and came with you and Serge and she left her brother alone for now.

"Sometimes it does, if your behavior is ugly and mean, it does not matter to me how you seem to appear physically. Come along, now." He gave Streak a glance to make sure that he was okay and could escape from his sister's over-attention.

When he realized that Serge wanted to draw, he tried to go along with what he was doing. "Let me know if you need me to move, it is a bit awkward having to stay this way but alas." He looked curiously at what he was drawing, his mood seeming back where it had been before what happened up in the garden.

When he finished he ripped out the page and crumpled it into a ball-shape. He offered the paper ball to the Hermetic and said, "You wanna try tossing the first one into the fireplace? Your better at the 'giving offerings to spirits' thing."

"Well, let me get the fireplace started. I'm afraid it shall be the old fashioned way...also I do believe that it is your gift to give."

s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:46 pm

"Thank you."

This made Curly dance around happily.

"I feel a bit bad for him, he's much shyer than his broodmates, and less assertive so he gets ganged up on sometimes," he agreed, ready to help Streak if he couldn't get himself out of his predicament.

Stretch where still shivering and hiding behind you holding his tail and looking up at you with his big, ember eyes.

"Sometimes it does, if your behavior is ugly and mean, it does not matter to me how you seem to appear physically. Come along, now." He gave Streak a glance to make sure that he was okay and could escape from his sister's over-attention.

"Silly Maeter's Student I am not physical."
Curly said completely missing the point but she did come along. Streak gave you a grateful look.
"Thank you Master's Student."
He said before he ran into the solitude of te Umbra on his way back to your Mentor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:44 pm

Anja wrote:"Indeed quite so Mr Wainwright do having your guts torn open is a particularly unpleasant way to be opened in the wrong way."
Master Babu agreed.
Colin shrugged slightly, "Fortunately, I would not know about that, but having my head opened was quite unpleasant, too. Fortunately, I passed out rather quickly, even as my Avatar took the reins to save my life, and those of my passengers..."

Anja wrote:"Yes indeed they do and they where all very wise."
The old Cultist said and chuckle.
He nodded sagely, "I'm sure they were quite as apt teachers as the myths would have."

Anja wrote:Master Babu nodded.
"Well no need to discuss this at length then, Master Morgan did nothing wrong with his decree."
He said.
He nodded simply, "Merely raising the point to give your grandson an idea of what to expect when he slips up."

Anja wrote:"I am not so sure I agree with you about fate Mr Wainwright but be that as it may. As for an conspiracy yes it would seam you are right in that regard. W would never support Gilgulling the Fallen if there was a way to save them, that ritual is a horror."
Master Babu said and shuddered.
"But who would have anything to gain by withholding such information?"
She asked and frowned.
His look darkened, "Who has anything to profit from every Mage being more afraid of the Traditions' punishment for being Fallen or even unwittingly associating with the Fallen? The bloody Nephandi use honeypots for recruitment; first one of their number befriends a young Traditionalist, and then they tell them that if they don't cooperate, the Nephandi will release evidence that the Traditionalist in question has been consorting with the Fallen. So it is distressingly plain to see who would benefit from burying that information."

Anja wrote:"Oh indeed they are indeed."
The Cultist agreed with a smile.
He glanced at the monitor, "And on that note, it seems Mr. Yager has rendered himself adequately informed about the pen he wishes for. Shall we rejoin him, so I can get started on the engraving?"

[Chantry]
Anja wrote:"Doubtfully since the vampires will be able to see that we got ownership over the junkyard after we killed Livington but we might be able to do some good for the residents with such an arrangement."
Jeffry said and frowned.
He nodded, "It won't affect the circumstances preceding this night, no, but if we legally own the place, it does lend us stronger grounds for telling the Prince the lot is off limits. Sort of letting the vampires know they are not invited, though I don't know how much truth there is to that particular piece of myth."

Anja wrote:"If you wish to lead the working that is acceptable to me Mr Wainwright, first we need to scry on the target before we make our move. What do you prefer as for working. The timing is not right so the correspondences are a bit off but I was planning on summoning the planetary rulers of Mercury and the Sun for first scrying and then opening a portal to ehm...shine a light on our problem, do this work for you my good man?"
Jeffry asked as he finished drawing the sigils on the floor.
He nodded, "Then I will follow your lead. I'd recommend drawing sunlight from somewhere in central China or thereabout, but aside from that - I can't spot life signs or mental activity with the scrying element, which means I would not be able to detect whether or not there are live victims at Livington's residence. That, combined with your greater experience and precision makes a quite compelling argument for you to lead the charge. The ashes in the bowl are laced with some pretty unhealthy Quintessence, but if you've got the hang of my little trick like I showed you, that should pose no threat. Well, no threat to us, at any rate."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:31 am

Anja wrote:"Being gutted is most distressing. You might be able to ask the werewolves if you can draw the scenery but ask first and thread gently for to them it is holy ground."
Master Babu said firmly.
Colin wrote:Colin smiled wryly, "Having any part of you opened when it was not designed to be opened is rather distressing, but yes, bring the question up respectfully, and it seems fairly plausible they would allow you to approach to depict the area. They might insist on keeping the picture, of course, but so long as you do not touch the Quintessence of the Node itself, you should probably be safe."
Anja wrote:"Indeed quite so Mr Wainwright do having your guts torn open is a particularly unpleasant way to be opened in the wrong way."
Master Babu agreed.

"I'll keep that in mind. Last thing I need is to be turned into Serge spaghetti." Serge said with a grin.

Anja wrote:"Ah yes that do sound like the most beneficial indeed. I do remember once where we threw and open orgy and two Celtic werewolf and a handful of Satyrs joined in, a most wonderful few days."
Master Babu exclaimed.

"Satyrs? Their part of the fair folk and fae right? That's the one group I've always been interested in learning about." Serge said remembering Deaconess O'Connor. "Have you met many of the fae Master Babu?"

Adley wrote:When he realized that Serge wanted to draw, he tried to go along with what he was doing. "Let me know if you need me to move, it is a bit awkward having to stay this way but alas." He looked curiously at what he was drawing, his mood seeming back where it had been before what happened up in the garden.

"Don't worry. I've drawn in stranger circumstances than this." he said with a wry grin as his free hand danced across the page, moving faster than normal to make up for the less than ideal drawing space.  

Adley wrote:"Well, let me get the fireplace started. I'm afraid it shall be the old fashioned way...also I do believe that it is your gift to give."

"Old-fashioned way? Boooo. I wore the fire-bending shirt and everything." he said humorously pulling back the paper ball and looking at it. "You sure I should give it? I've already irritated Curly enough. I'm worried if I don't do this right he'll haunt me in my sleep. Aren't offerings and gifts a big deal with spirits?"
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:58 am

"I'll keep that in mind. Last thing I need is to be turned into Serge spaghetti." Serge said with a grin.

"Yes that would be quite unfortunate."
Your Grandmentor said.

"Satyrs? Their part of the fair folk and fae right? That's the one group I've always been interested in learning about." Serge said remembering Deaconess O'Connor. "Have you met many of the fae Master Babu?"

"Yes the Satyrs are fae child, and yes I have met quite a few though true fae are rare these days, they have been driven from our world by Paradox and fled to their realm of Arcadia, their halfbeeds, the Changelings though are still around and they are a facinating folk, dangerous but facinating, they would like you though child, perhaps to much, be careful that they don't steal you away."
The old woman said and smiled.

Colin shrugged slightly, "Fortunately, I would not know about that, but having my head opened was quite unpleasant, too. Fortunately, I passed out rather quickly, even as my Avatar took the reins to save my life, and those of my passengers..."

"Ah yes head injuries are most unpleasant."
Master Babu agreed and frowned.
"I have avoided that fortunately I have however had my gut ripped open, I do not recommend it."

He nodded sagely, "I'm sure they were quite as apt teachers as the myths would have."

"They are truly beautiful creature, and yes they are wise teachers if you approach them with respect. I do suspect one of my Cabalmates who had a vision where he claied one of the creators of this world is such a creature, such a mind though..."
The Cultist said with a strange smile on her face.

He nodded simply, "Merely raising the point to give your grandson an idea of what to expect when he slips up."

"Hum...right off course that might indeed be a good idea my good man."
The old Cultist said and she nodded in agreement.

His look darkened, "Who has anything to profit from every Mage being more afraid of the Traditions' punishment for being Fallen or even unwittingly associating with the Fallen? The bloody Nephandi use honeypots for recruitment; first one of their number befriends a young Traditionalist, and then they tell them that if they don't cooperate, the Nephandi will release evidence that the Traditionalist in question has been consorting with the Fallen. So it is distressingly plain to see who would benefit from burying that information."

"That is a disturbing thought but it do make sense, you are thinking then that the Nephandi have infiltrated our upper ranks then Mr Wainwright, perhaps with non Fallen agents under their control?"
Master Babu said and frowned.
"A very disturbing thought indeed."

He glanced at the monitor, "And on that note, it seems Mr. Yager has rendered himself adequately informed about the pen he wishes for. Shall we rejoin him, so I can get started on the engraving?"

"Yes we should, if you would ring up the pen and the work on it then and the candlesticks and the nice pair of long earrings with leaves I saw in your shop."
Master Babu said as she headed for the stairs.
"Do you take cash for the pen and the earrings? And I will find the Tass we agreed on for the candlesticks."

[Chantry]

He nodded, "It won't affect the circumstances preceding this night, no, but if we legally own the place, it does lend us stronger grounds for telling the Prince the lot is off limits. Sort of letting the vampires know they are not invited, though I don't know how much truth there is to that particular piece of myth."

"That myth do not seam to hold much truth."
Fran said and Jeffry nodded.
"True but we could ward the place against them Miss Mandis."
He said then he looked at you and nodded.
"I will see what I can do Mr Wainwright."

He nodded, "Then I will follow your lead. I'd recommend drawing sunlight from somewhere in central China or thereabout, but aside from that - I can't spot life signs or mental activity with the scrying element, which means I would not be able to detect whether or not there are live victims at Livington's residence. That, combined with your greater experience and precision makes a quite compelling argument for you to lead the charge. The ashes in the bowl are laced with some pretty unhealthy Quintessence, but if you've got the hang of my little trick like I showed you, that should pose no threat. Well, no threat to us, at any rate."

"I use the ashes first and foreost as an arcane connection but yes I have learned your rote Mr Wainwright a most useful spell."
The old Hermetic said then he nodded.
"Get ready then and follow my lead."
He said and he drew a deep breath before he started to chant in Latin going through several ritual words and gestures before he prayed.
"Oh Hermes the one who bring the words of mortals to the ears of the great ones, great protector and guide, Psycopomp of Heavens hear my call."
The Hermetic said and there was a cold sensation in the air all of the sudden as he waited to let you catch up and join into the ritual properly.

"Old-fashioned way? Boooo. I wore the fire-bending shirt and everything." he said humorously pulling back the paper ball and looking at it. "You sure I should give it? I've already irritated Curly enough. I'm worried if I don't do this right he'll haunt me in my sleep. Aren't offerings and gifts a big deal with spirits?"

"I am not a he I am a she I am a girl! And I can not enter your dreams human with what I can't touch inside that is on another plane."
Curly said.
"Gimme gimme!"
She demanded and she stretched out her tiny, plump arms towards you begging a treat.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:49 am

"Silly Maeter's Student I am not physical." Curly said completely missing the point but she did come along.

"I correct myself, what I perceive your form to appear as when you are active."

"Thank you Master's Student." He said...

He nodded.

"Don't worry. I've drawn in stranger circumstances than this." he said with a wry grin as his free hand danced across the page, moving faster than normal to make up for the less than ideal drawing space.

"Very well," he said, with a raised eyebrow.

"Someday you may see me have to use fire magicks, let us hope not the type I'd use when we're in trouble." He looked thoughtful at his question. "Gifts are gifts, but yes they can be important to establishing a relationship. I'm not sure what you drew but paper fuel for the fire should be welcome."

"I am not a he I am a she I am a girl! And I can not enter your dreams human with what I can't touch inside that is on another plane." Curly said. "Gimme gimme!" She demanded and she stretched out her tiny, plump arms towards you begging a treat.

"Patience," he said to Curly. "First we light the fire in the fireplace as we agreed," he said as he took out his lighter to do just that. "The gift my friend here has will help the fire burn in the fireplace, he made a drawing on it for you. Would you like that?" he asked.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:06 am

"I correct myself, what I perceive your form to appear as when you are active."

Curly considered then she nodded.
"Then I understand Master's Student."
She said.
"But I am cute!"

"Patience," he said to Curly. "First we light the fire in the fireplace as we agreed," he said as he took out his lighter to do just that. "The gift my friend here has will help the fire burn in the fireplace, he made a drawing on it for you. Would you like that?" he asked.

"Fire!"
Curly exclaimed happily and she jumped into the fireplace and danced around once you light it, making it harder to see her as she was like one of the flames, she stopped dancing at your question though.
"A drading like our sigil Master's Student?"
She asked sounding confused.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:45 am

Anja wrote:"Ah yes head injuries are most unpleasant."
Master Babu agreed and frowned.
"I have avoided that fortunately I have however had my gut ripped open, I do not recommend it."
Jeremy wrote:"I'll keep that in mind. Last thing I need is to be turned into Serge spaghetti." Serge said with a grin.
Anja wrote:"Yes that would be quite unfortunate."
Your Grandmentor said.
Colin nodded sagely, "It would be a most unfortunate turn of events indeed; Dr. Boudavich would never forgive me if I let that happen."

Anja wrote:"They are truly beautiful creature, and yes they are wise teachers if you approach them with respect. I do suspect one of my Cabalmates who had a vision where he claied one of the creators of this world is such a creature, such a mind though..."
The Cultist said with a strange smile on her face.
Jeremy wrote:"Satyrs? Their part of the fair folk and fae right? That's the one group I've always been interested in learning about." Serge said remembering Deaconess O'Connor. "Have you met many of the fae Master Babu?"
Anja wrote:"Yes the Satyrs are fae child, and yes I have met quite a few though true fae are rare these days, they have been driven from our world by Paradox and fled to their realm of Arcadia, their halfbeeds, the Changelings though are still around and they are a facinating folk, dangerous but facinating, they would like you though child, perhaps to much, be careful that they don't steal you away."
He smiled thinly, "There are also the rather peculiar fey-blooded vampires, the Kiasyd. I've had the opportunity to speak with one - he'll be coming by to pick up his special dagger later; he's not a bad sort, though his kind may be something of a pariah among vampires."

Anja wrote:"That is a disturbing thought but it do make sense, you are thinking then that the Nephandi have infiltrated our upper ranks then Mr Wainwright, perhaps with non Fallen agents under their control?"
"A very disturbing thought indeed."
He nodded, "I'm fairly certain that is the case. I did have the opportunity to interrogate one Nephandus, who, well, bragged that we'd never be able to find all their sleeper agents in the Traditions. We might find a few, but they're very efficiently organized - few, if any of them, are aware of any of the others... which makes it a hell of a lot harder to clean up our side of things."

Anja wrote:"Yes we should, if you would ring up the pen and the work on it then and the candlesticks and the nice pair of long earrings with leaves I saw in your shop."
Master Babu said as she headed for the stairs.
"Do you take cash for the pen and the earrings? And I will find the Tass we agreed on for the candlesticks."
He nodded, then frowned as he dug into his pocket, "Did you not already give me the Tass? I was so certain... But yes, I'll gladly take cash for the pen and earrings; I will even give a modest discount on labour, for the cause."

[Chantry]
Anja wrote:"That myth do not seam to hold much truth."
Fran said and Jeffry nodded.
"True but we could ward the place against them Miss Mandis."
He said then he looked at you and nodded.
"I will see what I can do Mr Wainwright."
He nodded, "I will chip in what I can, of course - I might not have much disposable cash, less so with the extra expenses an apprentice brings along, but I do own the shop, which makes for good security for a loan, at least. Though I should obviously prefer not to have to do so."

Anja wrote:"I use the ashes first and foreost as an arcane connection but yes I have learned your rote Mr Wainwright a most useful spell."
The old Hermetic said then he nodded.
"Get ready then and follow my lead."
He said and he drew a deep breath before he started to chant in Latin going through several ritual words and gestures before he prayed.
"Oh Hermes the one who bring the words of mortals to the ears of the great ones, great protector and guide, Psycopomp of Heavens hear my call."
The Hermetic said and there was a cold sensation in the air all of the sudden as he waited to let you catch up and join into the ritual properly.
He nodded and fell into step quickly; the incantations were not ones he was intimately familiar with, but the Latin flowed easily all the same, and he held up his dagger attuned to cutting down distances, gripped by two fingers at the crossguard, blade down as in offering to the Greek god of travelers and tradesmen.
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:02 pm

Anja wrote:"Yes the Satyrs are fae child, and yes I have met quite a few though true fae are rare these days, they have been driven from our world by Paradox and fled to their realm of Arcadia, their halfbeeds, the Changelings though are still around and they are a facinating folk, dangerous but facinating, they would like you though child, perhaps to much, be careful that they don't steal you away."
Colin wrote:He smiled thinly, "There are also the rather peculiar fey-blooded vampires, the Kiasyd. I've had the opportunity to speak with one - he'll be coming by to pick up his special dagger later; he's not a bad sort, though his kind may be something of a pariah among vampires."

"They'd like me? Neat." Serge said with a smile. "I'd probably like them as well. So changlings are the guys who are still around? Are their many changelings in Boston?"

Adley wrote:"Someday you may see me have to use fire magicks, let us hope not the type I'd use when we're in trouble." He looked thoughtful at his question. "Gifts are gifts, but yes they can be important to establishing a relationship. I'm not sure what you drew but paper fuel for the fire should be welcome."

"A shoelace candle." Serge said with a smile. "Two of Curly's favorite things to burn. I felt like that would make burning the paper more satisfying."

Anja wrote:"I am not a he I am a she I am a girl! And I can not enter your dreams human with what I can't touch inside that is on another plane."
Curly said.
"Gimme gimme!"
She demanded and she stretched out her tiny, plump arms towards you begging a treat.
Adley wrote:"Patience," he said to Curly. "First we light the fire in the fireplace as we agreed," he said as he took out his lighter to do just that. "The gift my friend here has will help the fire burn in the fireplace, he made a drawing on it for you. Would you like that?" he asked.
Anja wrote:"Fire!"
Curly exclaimed happily and she jumped into the fireplace and danced around once you light it, making it harder to see her as she was like one of the flames, she stopped dancing at your question though.

"Sorry about that. Made a mistake there." Serge said nervously scratching the back of his head, somewhat surprised that the imp knew the concept of human genders and pronouns.

"It's not a sigil. It's just a drawing of a couple shoelaces and a candle. You told me those are some of your favorite things to burn. It won't be like burning the real thing but I felt like it'd make burning the paper feel a lot better." he explained as he waited for Adley to light the fire before tossing the paper into it for the fiery imp to enjoy.

Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:56 pm

"They'd like me? Neat." Serge said with a smile. "I'd probably like them as well. So changlings are the guys who are still around? Are their many changelings in Boston?"

"Not neat child, dangerous, perhaps flattering and perhaps you might earn some powerful friends but the fay are never neat."
Master Babu warned.
"As for their number I do not know, I do not live in Boston child."

Colin nodded sagely, "It would be a most unfortunate turn of events indeed; Dr. Boudavich would never forgive me if I let that happen."

"No I suspect she would forgive you Mr Wainwright, my apprentice is kind to a fault but it would break her heart if anything happened to her treasured student."
Master Babu said and she glanced over at Serge as she spoke.

He smiled thinly, "There are also the rather peculiar fey-blooded vampires, the Kiasyd. I've had the opportunity to speak with one - he'll be coming by to pick up his special dagger later; he's not a bad sort, though his kind may be something of a pariah among vampires."

"Hum...I have heard of them but never met one of their kind, I do not know what other vampires think of them though I suspect that they might be more uneasy with their own kind if they are actually vampiric fay than the other way around."
The old maga commented.

He nodded, "I'm fairly certain that is the case. I did have the opportunity to interrogate one Nephandus, who, well, bragged that we'd never be able to find all their sleeper agents in the Traditions. We might find a few, but they're very efficiently organized - few, if any of them, are aware of any of the others... which makes it a hell of a lot harder to clean up our side of things."

"That is rather disturbing."
"The question then is how, how do we find these sleeper agents?"

He nodded, then frowned as he dug into his pocket, "Did you not already give me the Tass? I was so certain... But yes, I'll gladly take cash for the pen and earrings; I will even give a modest discount on labour, for the cause."

"I showed you the tass to be sure you would accept it but I did not yet hand it over."
Master Babu said and she handed you the four drams in a small, silk pouch.
"Ah wonderful, let us settle business then before young Serge gets to impatient."
She said as she reached the store again and stood in line until a large woman buying a bracelet had paid and left giving Mrs Jones a nod as she did so.

Serge you saw your grand mentor and Coling come up from the basement again, clearly they where done with their talk.

[Chantry]

He nodded, "I will chip in what I can, of course - I might not have much disposable cash, less so with the extra expenses an apprentice brings along, but I do own the shop, which makes for good security for a loan, at least. Though I should obviously prefer not to have to do so."

Jeffry nodded at that.
"We are going to have to see what can be arranged and then how much use doing so will have to the Chantry as opposed to cost to see if the Chantry can take that cost or now."
He commented.

He nodded and fell into step quickly; the incantations were not ones he was intimately familiar with, but the Latin flowed easily all the same, and he held up his dagger attuned to cutting down distances, gripped by two fingers at the crossguard, blade down as in offering to the Greek god of travelers and tradesmen.

You could feel Jeffry's tremendous raw power as you worked and his wild, Dynamic Resonance and then you felt minds, two of them, talking together, this part of the spell the Hemetic carried on his own completely but working together you still felt them, noting alive, two minds and you saw a office of sorts with a handsome, blond man talking with a skinny black man in a nice red suit, the office had no windows but where richly decorated with costly carpets, painting and fine, old furniture.
"He seams to be alone with another Massassa."
Jeffry muttered and frowned his hands still held the gestures.
"Opening a portal to China at this moment though would probably kill both men."

"Sorry about that. Made a mistake there." Serge said nervously scratching the back of his head, somewhat surprised that the imp knew the concept of human genders and pronouns.

"I am a girl, and I have a boyfriend!"
Curly said.
"Can you not see that I am a girl?"
She asked but really she just looked like flame with amrs and legs and a face so it was not that easy to see.

"It's not a sigil. It's just a drawing of a couple shoelaces and a candle. You told me those are some of your favorite things to burn. It won't be like burning the real thing but I felt like it'd make burning the paper feel a lot better." he explained as he waited for Adley to light the fire before tossing the paper into it for the fiery imp to enjoy.

"There are shoelaces for me to burn and candles?"
Curly asked hopefully.
"If there are no sigils what is the point are the paper more flammable now?"
She asked sounding confused though she jumped around the burning paper and danced in the flames happily non the less.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:15 pm

"A shoelace candle." Serge said with a smile. "Two of Curly's favorite things to burn. I felt like that would make burning the paper more satisfying."

"Certainly safer for our shoes, assuming she understands the difference."

"Fire!"
"There are shoelaces for me to burn and candles?"
Curly asked hopefully.

He couldn't help but look amused at the imp as it danced around in the flames. "It is not quite the same as a sigil, no. However, it is still a kind of representation of something else. A drawing can look like a thing and hold some properties of it,for example people have emotional reactions to pictures, but it is not in the same way as the object materialized int he physical world, or it's sigil. He made it so that you would be able to perceive something you liked without breaking the rules or hurting anyone. It does not mean that you are allowed to burn shoelaces in the material world, however," he added, just in case the imp got the wrong idea.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:28 pm

He couldn't help but look amused at the imp as it danced around in the flames. "It is not quite the same as a sigil, no. However, it is still a kind of representation of something else. A drawing can look like a thing and hold some properties of it,for example people have emotional reactions to pictures, but it is not in the same way as the object materialized int he physical world, or it's sigil. He made it so that you would be able to perceive something you liked without breaking the rules or hurting anyone. It does not mean that you are allowed to burn shoelaces in the material world, however," he added, just in case the imp got the wrong idea.

"Is it like words Master's Student?"
Carly asked as she danced happily in the flames.
"I understand words."
She explained.
"I will not break the rules Master's Student."
She promised though she did till not seam to really get the deal about drawing or what they where or what they represented.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:46 pm

Anja wrote:Serge you saw your grand mentor and Colin come up from the basement again, clearly they where done with their talk.

As the two came up, they'd see Serge wandering aimlessly around the store, sketchbook in hand and drawing as he explored the shop. He was muttering something under his breath and while it didn't seem like he was paying attention to his surroundings, he did manage to avoid running into the customer's that seemed to be going about their business.  

When he saw the two elder magii he stopped his drawing and smiled. "Welcome back. I assume you've discussed all you needed too?"

Anja wrote:"I am a girl, and I have a boyfriend!"
Curly said.
She asked but really she just looked like flame with amrs and legs and a face so it was not that easy to see.

"Of course I can. I guess I wasn't paying attention." Serge said with a smile. "Whose your boyfriend?"

Anja wrote:"There are shoelaces for me to burn and candles?"
Curly asked hopefully.
She asked sounding confused though she jumped around the burning paper and danced in the flames happily non the less.
Adley wrote:He couldn't help but look amused at the imp as it danced around in the flames. "It is not quite the same as a sigil, no. However, it is still a kind of representation of something else. A drawing can look like a thing and hold some properties of it,for example people have emotional reactions to pictures, but it is not in the same way as the object materialized int he physical world, or it's sigil. He made it so that you would be able to perceive something you liked without breaking the rules or hurting anyone. It does not mean that you are allowed to burn shoelaces in the material world, however," he added, just in case the imp got the wrong idea.
Anja wrote:"Is it like words Master's Student?"
Carly asked as she danced happily in the flames.
"I understand words."
She explained.
"I will not break the rules Master's Student."
She promised though she did till not seam to really get the deal about drawing or what they where or what they represented.

"They are a bit like words. Both influence how we think and feel. The drawing is to help you imagine burning your favorite things." Serge said smiling as he watched the imp playing in the flames. "It's like Master's student says. It's a representation. To help you envision and make the burning feel more special. But those details are boring. I'm sure you just want more paper to burn."

Serge took a couple of small steps back and ripped out another page from the sketchbook. He crumpled into a ball and then, like a basketball player with one arm, did a small hop in place and tossed it into the fireplace.

Then looking at Adley he said, "Come on! Don't you wanna throw some paper in as well?"
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:58 pm

"I am a girl, and I have a boyfriend!"
Curly said.
"Of course I can. I guess I wasn't paying attention." Serge said with a smile.

"You have a boyfriend, hrm? Congratulations, assuming said boyfriend is reciprocal to your attentions."

"They are a bit like words. Both influence how we think and feel. The drawing is to help you imagine burning your favorite things." Serge said smiling as he watched the imp playing in the flames. "It's like Master's student says. It's a representation. To help you envision and make the burning feel more special. But those details are boring. I'm sure you just want more paper to burn."

"Well, she did ask," he said with a nod. Equally, he knew Curly's attention span was not very long.

Serge took a couple of small steps back and ripped out another page from the sketchbook. He crumpled into a ball and then, like a basketball player with one arm, tossed it into the fireplace. Then looking at Adley he said, "Come on! Don't you wanna throw some paper in as well?"

He walked backwards with Serge and then considered his question. Since playing with the imp was a reward and gift, it wasn't wasting time. "Sure, let me have some," he said and put out a hand to get some paper.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:57 pm

As the two came up, they'd see Serge wandering aimlessly around the store, sketchbook in hand and drawing as he explored the shop. He was muttering something under his breath and while it didn't seem like he was paying attention to his surroundings, he did manage to avoid running into the customer's that seemed to be going about their business.

When he saw the two elder magii he stopped his drawing and smiled. "Welcome back. I assume you've discussed all you needed too?"

"Yes indeed we did child. Did you choose the pen you wanted?"
Master Babu asked.

"Of course I can. I guess I wasn't paying attention." Serge said with a smile. "Whose your boyfriend?"

"He is a dust devil, he lives in the street outside."
Curly said and pointed towards the window.

"They are a bit like words. Both influence how we think and feel. The drawing is to help you imagine burning your favorite things."

"I do not need help imagine burning things man with what I can not touch inside, it is what I am."
Curly said clearly thinking you where being very silly.

Serge said smiling as he watched the imp playing in the flames. "It's like Master's student says. It's a representation. To help you envision and make the burning feel more special. But those details are boring. I'm sure you just want more paper to burn."

"It do not feel more special, but the coal is part of the flame now."
The little imp said.
"I want more paper to burn, burning paper is fun, more paper please man with what I can not touch inside!"
Curly said and she eagerly held out her little arms towards you.

Serge took a couple of small steps back and ripped out another page from the sketchbook. He crumpled into a ball and then, like a basketball player with one arm, did a small hop in place and tossed it into the fireplace.

Then looking at Adley he said, "Come on! Don't you wanna throw some paper in as well?"

Curly made a sound of delight and the ball of paper flared up in flames making the imp dance more and giggling, she was clearly enjoying herself.

"You have a boyfriend, hrm? Congratulations, assuming said boyfriend is reciprocal to your attentions."

"He do, he brings me little gifts. He knows you Master's Student, e is a dust devil he says he me you and Mundi outside."
Curly explained.

He walked backwards with Serge and then considered his question. Since playing with the imp was a reward and gift, it wasn't wasting time. "Sure, let me have some," he said and put out a hand to get some paper.

When she realized she would get more paper Curly gave another squeal of happiness and she danced around some more in the flames.
"More paper...more paper to burn."
She sang in an off tune voice.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:24 pm

Anja wrote:"Yes indeed we did child. Did you choose the pen you wanted?"
Master Babu asked.

"Yup. I picked out a nice fountain pen. The Lady said she'd give it to Mr. Wainwright later." Serge said with a nod.

Anja wrote:"He is a dust devil, he lives in the street outside."
Curly said and pointed towards the window.
Adley wrote:"You have a boyfriend, hrm? Congratulations, assuming said boyfriend is reciprocal to your attentions."

"A dust devil!" Serge said turning his head to look at the window. "With a title like that, he must be a really cool guy."

Anja wrote:"It do not feel more special, but the coal is part of the flame now."
The little imp said.
"I want more paper to burn, burning paper is fun, more paper please man with what I can not touch inside!"
Curly said and she eagerly held out her little arms towards you.
Anja wrote:Curly made a sound of delight and the ball of paper flared up in flames making the imp dance more and giggling, she was clearly enjoying herself.

"Damn I wish we had some magnesium." Serge said thoroughly enjoying watching the little fire spirits playing in the fireplace. "Burning that stuff was always a fun part of chemistry."

Adley wrote:He walked backwards with Serge and then considered his question. Since playing with the imp was a reward and gift, it wasn't wasting time. "Sure, let me have some," he said and put out a hand to get some paper.
Anja wrote:When she realized she would get more paper Curly gave another squeal of happiness and she danced around some more in the flames.
"More paper...more paper to burn."
She sang in an off tune voice.

"Awesome! Let's see some hidden NBA skills!" Serge said excitedly, ripping out another page and and crumpling it into a ball and tossing it to his cabalmate's outstretched hand.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:04 pm

"Yup. I picked out a nice fountain pen. The Lady said she'd give it to Mr. Wainwright later." Serge said with a nod.

"Excellent I will just conclude business with Mr Wainwright here then and we can return to Steelhaven."
Master Babu said approvingly.

"A dust devil!" Serge said turning his head to look at the window. "With a title like that, he must be a really cool guy."

"His title is Gaffling and his temperature is lower than mine he is a Air elemental."
Curly said and nodded.

"Damn I wish we had some magnesium." Serge said thoroughly enjoying watching the little fire spirits playing in the fireplace. "Burning that stuff was always a fun part of chemistry."

"Burning stuff is fun, burning stuff is fun!"
Curly enthusiastically agreed as she danced happily in the fireplace.

"Awesome! Let's see some hidden NBA skills!" Serge said excitedly, ripping out another page and and crumpling it into a ball and tossing it to his cabalmate's outstretched hand.

"Give it to my Master's Student please...give it to me...give it to me!"
Curly begged as she danced around.
"I want to bun more paper."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind on Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:11 am

Jeremy wrote:"They'd like me? Neat." Serge said with a smile. "I'd probably like them as well. So changlings are the guys who are still around? Are their many changelings in Boston?"
Anja wrote:"Not neat child, dangerous, perhaps flattering and perhaps you might earn some powerful friends but the fay are never neat."
Master Babu warned.
Colin shook his head, "The Fae are... well known to be both obsessive and possessive when it comes to things they like - and they are equally well known for looking at people like things. I won't speak of how fair that reputation is, but be wary of making deals with them, all the same. Gaining their interest and appreciation like that is... well, a double-edged sword, as they say. As for the number of changelings in Boston, I believe Deaconess O'Connor is the one Mage in the city who might know, if anyone does."

Anja wrote:"No I suspect she would forgive you Mr Wainwright, my apprentice is kind to a fault but it would break her heart if anything happened to her treasured student."
Master Babu said and she glanced over at Serge as she spoke.
He nodded, "Well, we would want to avoid that, in any case."

Anja wrote:"Hum...I have heard of them but never met one of their kind, I do not know what other vampires think of them though I suspect that they might be more uneasy with their own kind if they are actually vampiric fay than the other way around."
The old maga commented.
He looked briefly out the door, thinking for a moment, "They're a bit peculiar; they lack fangs, so they need to use a special silver blade to feed, and they've got the Fay allergy to iron... and black eyes, so they always wear sunglasses to avoid notice. And they are apparently extremely adept at navigating labyrinths that don't quite conform to normal geometries. I am not entirely certain how the relationship between vampirism and Fae blood works, though, and I doubt I will pry into the matter."

Anja wrote:"That is rather disturbing."
"The question then is how, how do we find these sleeper agents?"
He sighed, "Well, one obvious way would be to find hard evidence in the safe of the Gilledian next Labyrinth we take down. Or otherwise extracting information from captives. They're rather... tricky with paperwork, though, so it seems unlikely we'd be able to find a little black book with a list of names and blackmail details - but finding the evidence the blackmailee would want suppressed would be just as efficient. The real problem would be to determine who's cooperated willingly, and who has, well, not."

Anja wrote:"I showed you the tass to be sure you would accept it but I did not yet hand it over."
Master Babu said and she handed you the four drams in a small, silk pouch.
"Ah wonderful, let us settle business then before young Serge gets to impatient."
She said as she reached the store again and stood in line until a large woman buying a bracelet had paid and left giving Mrs Jones a nod as she did so.
He nodded, "Ah, right. Best to get this exchange done with now, then, since Miss Jones would not understand. Having a sleeper at the register helps with... hiding, just in case."
He accepted the stones and quickly put them in his safe, then led her back upstairs, "There. Let us see what Serge has decided on; and let us hope he hasn't asked Miss Jones too many strange questions."

Jeremy wrote:As the two came up, they'd see Serge wandering aimlessly around the store, sketchbook in hand and drawing as he explored the shop. He was muttering something under his breath and while it didn't seem like he was paying attention to his surroundings, he did manage to avoid running into the customer's that seemed to be going about their business.

Anja wrote:"Yes indeed we did child. Did you choose the pen you wanted?"
Master Babu asked.
Jeremy wrote:"Yup. I picked out a nice fountain pen. The Lady said she'd give it to Mr. Wainwright later." Serge said with a nod.
Anja wrote:"Excellent I will just conclude business with Mr Wainwright here then and we can return to Steelhaven."
He nodded and turned to Agnes once she was not helping a customer, "Very good, Miss Jones, if I may have the pen in question? That will be another 420 dollars for labour on top of the price of the pen; an unusually complex engraving. Hum, also..."
He paused for a moment, then headed over to the little display near the door, and picked up a tiny coin with an hourglass engraved on both sides, and put it in a small gift box, handing it to Serge, "If you would please give this to Dr. Boudavich, with my gratitude and best wishes. Did Miss Jones show you how to refill the pen?"

[Chantry]
Anja wrote:Jeffry nodded at that.
"We are going to have to see what can be arranged and then how much use doing so will have to the Chantry as opposed to cost to see if the Chantry can take that cost or now."
He commented.
He nodded, "We'll work something out, in any case - and it's quite viable that between Miss Bouchard and Mr. King, we could turn a modest return on investment out of the place, too."

Anja wrote:You could feel Jeffry's tremendous raw power as you worked and his wild, Dynamic Resonance and then you felt minds, two of them, talking together, this part of the spell the Hemetic carried on his own completely but working together you still felt them, noting alive, two minds and you saw a office of sorts with a handsome, blond man talking with a skinny black man in a nice red suit, the office had no windows but where richly decorated with costly carpets, painting and fine, old furniture.
"He seams to be alone with another Massassa."
Jeffry muttered and frowned his hands still held the gestures.
"Opening a portal to China at this moment though would probably kill both men."
He frowned, "Perhaps we should try to learn a bit more about their location and discussion; if there are captives in the cellars, or a better spot of intel about his manufacturing facilities, that would be good... and we may wish to avoid the collateral casualty."
Warpmind

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein on Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:50 am

Anja wrote:"Not neat child, dangerous, perhaps flattering and perhaps you might earn some powerful friends but the fay are never neat."
Master Babu warned.
Colin wrote:Colin shook his head, "The Fae are... well known to be both obsessive and possessive when it comes to things they like - and they are equally well known for looking at people like things. I won't speak of how fair that reputation is, but be wary of making deals with them, all the same. Gaining their interest and appreciation like that is... well, a double-edged sword, as they say. As for the number of changelings in Boston, I believe Deaconess O'Connor is the one Mage in the city who might know, if anyone does."

"Sounds about right, if the stories are anything to go on. Tricksters with pretty faces who take what they want and are much more dangerous than their appearance would lead you to believe." Serge said although it was in a tone of interest rather than fear. "I might ask Deaconess O'Connor. Just to fix my curiosity. I don't plan on finding them though, especially after everyone keeps telling me to be careful."

Anja wrote:"Excellent I will just conclude business with Mr Wainwright here then and we can return to Steelhaven."

"No problem. Take your time." Serge said politely. "I might need to make a small stop on our way back to Steelhaven. To get that chocolate that Ange wanted."

Colin wrote:He nodded and turned to Agnes once she was not helping a customer, "Very good, Miss Jones, if I may have the pen in question? That will be another 420 dollars for labour on top of the price of the pen; an unusually complex engraving. Hum, also..."
He paused for a moment, then headed over to the little display near the door, and picked up a tiny coin with an hourglass engraved on both sides, and put it in a small gift box, handing it to Serge, "If you would please give this to Dr. Boudavich, with my gratitude and best wishes. Did Miss Jones show you how to refill the pen?"

Serge took the gift box and smiled. "Sure thing. I'm sure she'll love it. Chocolate and gifts. This'll certainly make her day."

After storing the gift box into one of his pockets he said, "I don't think Miss Jones did. Although it's no problem. She was busy and I already asked her enough weird questions."

Anja wrote:"His title is Gaffling and his temperature is lower than mine he is a Air elemental."
Curly said and nodded.

"An air elemental and a fire elemental. That could either end badly...or amazingly! Doesn't fire need air to survive and grow more powerful? Honestly it sounds like a perfect match." Serge said with a smile.
Jeremy Silverstein

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard on Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:29 am

[Chantry]

Anja's Post:
"The two Nephandi where fleeing indeed and I prefer to fight a man face to face but we where in war, and if the Nephandi won the world would be destroyed, or rather cease to exist, I did what I had to, I had given them no promises so I do not see ordering their deaths as dishonorable, though I wish the situation had been different. It can still not be compared with robbing the dead for personal gain."
Jeffry said and frowned.

'Prefer to see it as... the acquisition of resources to fund our war effort, me.' Nicole replied; displaying one of the main reasons modern armies paid, kitted out and supplied their troops - to discourage the tendency to strip corpses, loot buildings and seize supplies from civilians.

Anja's Post:
The old Hermetic raised an eyebrow.
He said sharply.

'Can you eat honour? Does it pay the bills, provide the kit so we can continue fighting?' the large woman replied, without a trace of shame.

Colin's Post:
He frowned, "Miss Bouchard, while I won't necessarily discourage a bit of healthy opportunism when it is appropriate, I must note that you seem to conflate 'victory' with 'personal survival'. As an example, the Greeks had a thousand, maybe two thousand men against a force fifty to a hundred and fifty times their number, and yet, the Greeks led by 300 Spartans won the battle, despite being slaughtered to a man... I'm not saying you should lay down your life at a whim, but honour has won wars, even if people have died from it... and I should much prefer to be remembered as an honourable soldier who fell in victory, than as someone who deserted his post and survived while everyone else perished..."

'Have no intention dying for this. I intend making the enemy die for their cause.' the large woman replied, paraphrasing General Patton. 'And what you describe isn't honour, that's bravery. Intelligently applied.'

[Question is; how much of Nick's viewpoint is caused by being related to rats?]

[Diamond Hill, RI]

Anja's Post:
"That is where it get iffy, they want to bring disease, their task the way I understand it is preventing humanity from getting so numersous that they destroy the planet and they do this by bringing plauges. Other than that they want what anyone want, they want food, shelter, ex and well happiness I guess they are not so different from regular folks really."

'And why would they want to do that?' Nicole replied, clearly suspicious. 'Rats are perhaps the biggest winners from modern society; we make the huge stocks of food which allows them to multiply, build them lovely big homes we call "sewers" and the like. Who's your source for this?'
Nicole Bouchard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by s7trif3 on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:05 am

"I do not need help imagine burning things man with what I can not touch inside, it is what I am."
Curly said clearly thinking you where being very silly.

He tipped his head at Serge. "Well, I suppose that answers that question."

"I don't think that would be safe, given the circumstances. It gives me an idea though, for later. Sometime around the fourth of July or maybe New Year's."

"He is a dust devil, he lives in the street outside." Curly said and pointed towards the window.
"He do, he brings me little gifts. He knows you Master's Student, e is a dust devil he says he me you and Mundi outside."
Curly explained.

"What kind of gifts does he bring to you?" he asked, curious. "He knows of me?"

"His title is Gaffling and his temperature is lower than mine he is a Air elemental." Curly said and nodded.
"An air elemental and a fire elemental. That could either end badly...or amazingly! Doesn't fire need air to survive and grow more powerful? Honestly it sounds like a perfect match." Serge said with a smile.

"Remember what I said about spirits sometimes taking things literally?"

When she realized she would get more paper Curly gave another squeal of happiness and she danced around some more in the flames.
"More paper...more paper to burn." She sang in an off tune voice.
"Give it to my Master's Student please...give it to me...give it to me!"
Curly begged as she danced around.
"I want to bun more paper."

"I was never much into basketball. I like hockey though," he said to Serge as he caught the paper. "Very well, but you will behave less aggressively to your brother Streak, he does not like to be bitten on the tail or pounced," he said to Curly. He waited a moment to see if she would agree before tossing up the paper into the fire for her.
s7trif3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze on Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:45 am

"Sounds about right, if the stories are anything to go on. Tricksters with pretty faces who take what they want and are much more dangerous than their appearance would lead you to believe." Serge said although it was in a tone of interest rather than fear. "I might ask Deaconess O'Connor. Just to fix my curiosity. I don't plan on finding them though, especially after everyone keeps telling me to be careful."

"You can find them when you know enough child, but then you have to study them and find out enough to be safe first."
Master Babu said.
"For they can indeed be quite dangerous."

He nodded, "Well, we would want to avoid that, in any case."

"Indeed we would want to avoid it, I would prefer if the child remained safe."
Master Babu said.

He looked briefly out the door, thinking for a moment, "They're a bit peculiar; they lack fangs, so they need to use a special silver blade to feed, and they've got the Fay allergy to iron... and black eyes, so they always wear sunglasses to avoid notice. And they are apparently extremely adept at navigating labyrinths that don't quite conform to normal geometries. I am not entirely certain how the relationship between vampirism and Fae blood works, though, and I doubt I will pry into the matter."

"That is most interesting, I do wonder how such a creature came to be, but yes it is probably best not to pry into their affairs."
The old maga said.

He sighed, "Well, one obvious way would be to find hard evidence in the safe of the Gilledian next Labyrinth we take down. Or otherwise extracting information from captives. They're rather... tricky with paperwork, though, so it seems unlikely we'd be able to find a little black book with a list of names and blackmail details - but finding the evidence the blackmailee would want suppressed would be just as efficient. The real problem would be to determine who's cooperated willingly, and who has, well, not."

"Hum...well who is to say that the next Labyrinth we end up in trouble with will have any information about these infiltrators and sleeper agents it is not like all Labyrinths cooperate with one another."
Master Babu said and sigh.
"And yes finding out who are willing pawns and who are not will not be an easy task."

He nodded, "Ah, right. Best to get this exchange done with now, then, since Miss Jones would not understand. Having a sleeper at the register helps with... hiding, just in case."

"I can see how that would be useful indeed."
Master Babu said as she handed over the stones.

He accepted the stones and quickly put them in his safe, then led her back upstairs, "There. Let us see what Serge has decided on; and let us hope he hasn't asked Miss Jones too many strange questions."

"Indeed the young man have a good heart but he seams dreadfully immature.."
The old Cultist said.
"Hopefully he have not caused to much trouble."

He nodded and turned to Agnes once she was not helping a customer, "Very good, Miss Jones, if I may have the pen in question? That will be another 420 dollars for labour on top of the price of the pen; an unusually complex engraving. Hum, also..."

Master Babu and Miss Jones concluded the business the old Cultist paid and thanked the clerk.

Did Miss Jones show you how to refill the pen?"

"I did not but I will be happy to do so."
Miss Jones said.

"No problem. Take your time." Serge said politely. "I might need to make a small stop on our way back to Steelhaven. To get that chocolate that Ange wanted."

"Well she did ask for the chocolate for the visit tomorrow child so you can buy that when you are not in my company I do not intent to waste my time with an convenience store."
Master Babu said sternly.

After storing the gift box into one of his pockets he said, "I don't think Miss Jones did. Although it's no problem. She was busy and I already asked her enough weird questions."

"I did not, you never asked but I will be happy to do so."
Miss Jones said.

[Chantry]

He nodded, "We'll work something out, in any case - and it's quite viable that between Miss Bouchard and Mr. King, we could turn a modest return on investment out of the place, too."

"Indeed, like I said we would have to sit down when there is time Mr Wainwright and discuss the matter in greater detail."
Jeffry said patiently.

'Prefer to see it as... the acquisition of resources to fund our war effort, me.' Nicole replied; displaying one of the main reasons modern armies paid, kitted out and supplied their troops - to discourage the tendency to strip corpses, loot buildings and seize supplies from civilians.

"It is still looting and allot of evil have been done in the name of the spoils of war, so we are not going to send a car to rob this man's place blind we are not starting down that path."
Jeffry said and frowned.

'Can you eat honour? Does it pay the bills, provide the kit so we can continue fighting?' the large woman replied, without a trace of shame.

Without honor eating or anything else done to stay alive is pointless Miss Bouchard as then one is nothing but a parasite, and like I said I am over three hundred years old and my honor have saved me far more times than it have been a hindrance."
The old Hermetic said clearly not approving of your attitude.

'Have no intention dying for this. I intend making the enemy die for their cause.' the large woman replied, paraphrasing General Patton. 'And what you describe isn't honour, that's bravery. Intelligently applied.'

"Not honor, really now, it would have been easy for every man of that battle to simply leave and save his own skin, he could take his family flee further inland and start again, honor is what kept him there knowing he would die for a noble cause, what exactly is it you think honor is Miss Bouchard?"
Jeffry asked and he raised an eyebrow sharply.

He frowned, "Perhaps we should try to learn a bit more about their location and discussion; if there are captives in the cellars, or a better spot of intel about his manufacturing facilities, that would be good... and we may wish to avoid the collateral casualty."

"There is no one in the basement I scryed for that, there are two living being elsewhere in the house, they are happy and healthy and I suspect they are servants. The house is to the west I will pinpoint the location on a map later. We can listen in to their conversation though."
Jeffy said and he made some more hand gestures and you heard the converstation between the two vampires.
"My childe would have called in by now something much have happened."
Livington said and the other man nodded.
"Yes I am concerned, would you want me to go to the junkyard and look for him Mr Livington?"
The older vampire nodded.
"Yes do so, and make sure they pick up the girl I need to deliver the ice cream the night after tomorrow and there are some preparations first."
He ordered and the other man nodded again.
"As you will."
He said and prepared to leave.

"What is an end man with what I can't touch inside?"
Carly asked sounding confused.
"Air is another realm, it is not what I am, but he is nice."

"What kind of gifts does he bring to you?" he asked, curious. "He knows of me?"

"Scarps of yummies."
Curly said which is what many lesser spirits had taken to call Quintessence.
"Bits of glass that have become warm in the sun, little things that have been burned, such things."
She explained.
"Nice things."

"I was never much into basketball. I like hockey though," he said to Serge as he caught the paper. "Very well, but you will behave less aggressively to your brother Streak, he does not like to be bitten on the tail or pounced," he said to Curly. He waited a moment to see if she would agree before tossing up the paper into the fire for her.

"I will behave, I will behave."
The little imp promised. The she squealed in happiness and danced more when you tossed the paper into the fire.
"This is fun...thank you Master's Student."
She said as she danced around happily.

Diamond Hill, RI]

'And why would they want to do that?' Nicole replied, clearly suspicious. 'Rats are perhaps the biggest winners from modern society; we make the huge stocks of food which allows them to multiply, build them lovely big homes we call "sewers" and the like. Who's your source for this?'

"Your grandfather told me kid as to why I have no idea really all I know is that he spoke of each changer breed having one task on earth, one task to preserve balance."
Your uncle said and shrugged.
"But they do not share everything with their kinfolk after all."

(OOC: That is up to you to decide but I would think it is a bit of both, both her background and life and influence from her Ratkin family.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next