Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

5 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 30 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:38 am

[Jeffry's Office]

He frowned over the phones and took them both with a nod, still trying to determine if it even seemed like something he would write, pattern of speech, use of words.

Yes the message perfectly mimicked your choice of words and expression patterns.

He wrote down on the scrap of paper - 'He'll see what's on the screen. It's not that I don't trust him but we thought it best to limit the number of people who knew. But he is probably the only one that can deal with this that I trust, besides my amicus's wife, and she is busy with something dire.

"I trust Narim with such information but it is up to you if you wish to do so, this is very much your story being told here not mine."
Your Mentor said then he raised an eyebrow.
"You do not trust Jon Sherman your own Cabalmate? Then again the man is very private I guess he have not spent allot of time with his Cabal.

I was supposed to meet my brother and the others in my amicus's room, to let the healer know it was ok to use the salve. I'll tend to the phones and do that. We need to figure out if something is in that room. We have talked about many things in there today. Until then I suppose we will have to rely on your impish friends.' He showed him the note and started to stand up to head to Narim's office.

Jeffry nodded he looked concerned.
"Yes ask Narim about the phones and then let Master Nassa know that he may help Kyle, we need to figure this out. I am going to send Droplet to be ready at your call so that if you need to send me a message you can use him as a messager, you can summon them as any other spirit."
Your Mentor said then he wrote something on the note hand handed you it said Kiryli.
"Droplet's name if you need it, please make sure no one else get his name mea filius."
He said in a serious tone of voice.

[Umbral Port]

Colin quickly scanned around for an onboard fire extinguisher as he made his way to the cockpit, patting the girl on the shoulder on his way to check the pilot, "You've landed, kid. Can you get out of the chair on your own, or do you need help?"

You found an extinguisher in one corner of the cockpit. The pilot you see where connected to the control panel and probably the on board computer through a cable that was attached to a plug at the base of his skull, the man was alive but unconscious and very weak. The girl managed to let go of the controls, skin came of her hands as she pullet away and she sobbed.
"My Instructor fell to the floor...the ship went out of control...had to land it...I...it hurts!"
She bawled, but at least she was now away from the burning control panel.
"I will take her out of the ship Mr Steed, can you tend to the pilot and the the woman out?"
The Void Engineer said as he begun to lead the wounded girl to the hatch.
"Come with me my dear, we will get you and your Instructor help."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32 - Page 30 Empty Re: New Enemies, Old Problems and a Trip to Horizon-IC thread 32

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 am

[Umbral Port]
Anja wrote:You found an extinguisher in one corner of the cockpit. The pilot you see where connected to the control panel and probably the on board computer through a cable that was attached to a plug at the base of his skull, the man was alive but unconscious and very weak. The girl managed to let go of the controls, skin came of her hands as she pullet away and she sobbed.
"My Instructor fell to the floor...the ship went out of control...had to land it...I...it hurts!"
She bawled, but at least she was now away from the burning control panel.
"I will take her out of the ship Mr Steed, can you tend to the pilot and the the woman out?"
The Void Engineer said as he begun to lead the wounded girl to the hatch.
"Come with me my dear, we will get you and your Instructor help."
Colin frowned, then nodded to Darian before starting to put out the control panel fire, "I... am not sufficiently trained to be comfortable disconnecting him from the ship - but I'll try to quench the flames here before I get the woman out. The pilot's alive, but weak. Miss... you did well; I've seen rougher crash landings, but where did you depart from?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:01 am

[Umbra Port]

"Very well I will be right back in as soon as I have gotten the girl out."
The Void Engineer said. The Technocrat apprentice stopped sobbing for a moment to look at you as you put the flames out.
"I...don't know...how to land...I...have not learned...that yet."
She wept.
"I...in realm...we picked up passengers at Washington DC and where going here to pick up to more before...we where heading to MECHA."
The girl managed as the older Void Engineer tried to lead her out of the ship.

You got the fire at the control panel out. The pilot stirred slightly but he did not wake up, he did not look good. The woman in the expensive looking suit managed to sit up with a groan.
"W...what happened...where is Agent Jones?"
She muttered confused pressing a hand to her forehead, her other arm appeared to be broken, at least she was alive.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:15 am

[Umbral Port]
Anja wrote:"Very well I will be right back in as soon as I have gotten the girl out."
The Void Engineer said. The Technocrat apprentice stopped sobbing for a moment to look at you as you put the flames out.
"I...don't know...how to land...I...have not learned...that yet."
She wept.
"I...in realm...we picked up passengers at Washington DC and where going here to pick up to more before...we where heading to MECHA."
The girl managed as the older Void Engineer tried to lead her out of the ship.
He nodded, "I've been a pilot for longer than you've been alive; Sleeper aircraft or Umbral craft, you did pretty damn well. Do you know if the pilot had spent last night in an Earthside city?"

Anja wrote:You got the fire at the control panel out. The pilot stirred slightly but he did not wake up, he did not look good. The woman in the expensive looking suit managed to sit up with a groan.
"W...what happened...where is Agent Jones?"
She muttered confused pressing a hand to her forehead, her other arm appeared to be broken, at least she was alive.
He gently helped unbuckle her, "Careful, ma'am, your arm looks broken - I take it Agent Jones would be the MIB you boarded with?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:27 am

[Umbral Port]

He nodded, "I've been a pilot for longer than you've been alive; Sleeper aircraft or Umbral craft, you did pretty damn well. Do you know if the pilot had spent last night in an Earthside city?"

"T...thank you Sir but...people got hurt."
The young Technocrat whimpered.
"Y...yes...we spent last...night in a Construct in Washington DC, we left for the shipyard...early though...only stopping at a diner to eat...my...my Instructor is he alive?"
The girl muttered she was shaking from pain and shock, her eyes was glossy as she looked at you.

He gently helped unbuckle her, "Careful, ma'am, your arm looks broken - I take it Agent Jones would be the MIB you boarded with?"

"It feels broken to."
The woman grunted, she could stand if just barely.
"Yes...he is my bodyguard...where is he?"
She asked.
"What the blazes happened?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:35 am

[Umbral Port]
Anja wrote:"T...thank you Sir but...people got hurt."
The young Technocrat whimpered.
"Y...yes...we spent last...night in a Construct in Washington DC, we left for the shipyard...early though...only stopping at a diner to eat...my...my Instructor is he alive?"
The girl muttered she was shaking from pain and shock, her eyes was glossy as she looked at you.
He frowned, "He's alive, yes... unconscious, but alive. Get to the infirmary; the doctor will tend to him soon."

Anja wrote:"It feels broken to."
The woman grunted, she could stand if just barely.
"Yes...he is my bodyguard...where is he?"
She asked.
"What the blazes happened?"
He frowned, "I am sorry, Agent Jones suffered a fatal injury in the crash... The pilot suffered some medical emergency and passed out; the trainee landed as best she could. Under the circumstances, she deserves praise for how she handled the crisis."
He reached out a hand to help her up, "I'm John Steed, a Traditionalist, by the way, just lending a helping hand while Boston Umbral Port security gets the response teams out here. Do you think you can stand?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:43 am

[Umbral Port]

He frowned, "He's alive, yes... unconscious, but alive. Get to the infirmary; the doctor will tend to him soon."

The girl nodded she gave a pained grunt as she let her fellow Void Engineer help her out of the shuttle, you heard him tell someone else out there.
"Careful...do you have her? We don't know if there are internal injuries, get her to Dr Talitzer right away!"

He frowned, "I am sorry, Agent Jones suffered a fatal injury in the crash... The pilot suffered some medical emergency and passed out; the trainee landed as best she could. Under the circumstances, she deserves praise for how she handled the crisis."

"That is a shame, Agent Jones was good at his job what I could see."
The woman said and frowned.
"Yes I...remember it now the...pilot lost control of the ship and he collapsed, Sarah his student I assume took over and got us down..."
The woman muttered still holding her bleeding head.
"But it is all so fuzzy."
She groaned and leaned over and emptied her stomach content on the floor, probably she had a concussion.
"Ehm...terribly sorry about that."
She groaned.

He reached out a hand to help her up, "I'm John Steed, a Traditionalist, by the way, just lending a helping hand while Boston Umbral Port security gets the response teams out here. Do you think you can stand?"

"Thank you Mr Steed...I am Alva Harrington."
She muttered and let you help her up.
"Yes I...think so."
She said she could stand it seamed but not very steady.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:10 am

[Umbral Port]
Anja wrote:"That is a shame, Agent Jones was good at his job what I could see."
The woman said and frowned.
"Yes I...remember it now the...pilot lost control of the ship and he collapsed, Sarah his student I assume took over and got us down..."
The woman muttered still holding her bleeding head.
"But it is all so fuzzy."
She groaned and leaned over and emptied her stomach content on the floor, probably she had a concussion.
"Ehm...terribly sorry about that."
She groaned.
Colin smoothly stepped back to avoid the regurgitation, "Quite alright - you've suffered a head injury in the crash; I've been there. Sarah's already been helped out, and you're next. I don't know how to safely disconnect the pilot from the ship."

Anja wrote:"Thank you Mr Steed...I am Alva Harrington."
She muttered and let you help her up.
"Yes I...think so."
She said she could stand it seamed but not very steady.
He nodded and eased himself under her good arm to steady her, "Come then, Miss Harrington; I think they've got people on the ground ready to catch you. Lean on me as you need to; careful now - the floor's not level."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:23 am

[Umbral Port]

Colin smoothly stepped back to avoid the regurgitation, "Quite alright - you've suffered a head injury in the crash; I've been there. Sarah's already been helped out, and you're next. I don't know how to safely disconnect the pilot from the ship."

"I assure you I usually have better manners Mr Steed."
The woman said and frowned as she looked at the pilot.
"I unfortunately do not know how to help him Iam an analyst for the Syndicate, cyberware is not in my area of expertise."
She commented.

He nodded and eased himself under her good arm to steady her, "Come then, Miss Harrington; I think they've got people on the ground ready to catch you. Lean on me as you need to; careful now - the floor's not level."

The woman leaned on you heavily, you could see several gathered around the ship now, including the Security Chief herself.
"Let us see if we can get her to the ground safely."
A tall, blond woman said.
"Please lean on me Ma'am."
She said and she and several others helped to get Miss Harrington to the ground. A slender man came forward, he had a data port on te temple of his head and another at the nape of his neck and there was a sheen in his eyes that said they where not real.
"I was told you needed someone to disconnect the pilot, I assume he have a socket of some kind then."
The man said as he smoothly climbed up onto the downed shuttle.
"I am AZ-B-36512."
He informed you.
"I should be able to get him out safely, is the shuttle computer systems still operational?"

On the green outside the shuttle you saw two of Dr Tarlitzer's nurses tending to Sarah giving her several shots of what looked like milk, probably some sort of regenerative serum. A third nurse who you had met when you went to the infirmary with the wounded Verbena but who you did not get the name of rushed over to Miss Harrington to tend to her injuries though she clearly decided that with her treatment could wait until they got to the infirmary so she was put on a stretcher and carried of.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:54 am

[Umbral Port]
Anja wrote:"I assure you I usually have better manners Mr Steed."
The woman said and frowned as she looked at the pilot.
"I unfortunately do not know how to help him Iam an analyst for the Syndicate, cyberware is not in my area of expertise."
She commented.
Colin smiled wryly, "You've not started calling me 'Deviant' yet. I'll take that as a good indicator of your manners."

Anja wrote:The woman leaned on you heavily, you could see several gathered around the ship now, including the Security Chief herself.
"Let us see if we can get her to the ground safely."
A tall, blond woman said.
"Please lean on me Ma'am."
She said and she and several others helped to get Miss Harrington to the ground. A slender man came forward, he had a data port on te temple of his head and another at the nape of his neck and there was a sheen in his eyes that said they where not real.
"I was told you needed someone to disconnect the pilot, I assume he have a socket of some kind then."
The man said as he smoothly climbed up onto the downed shuttle.
"I am AZ-B-36512."
He informed you.
"I should be able to get him out safely, is the shuttle computer systems still operational?"
He helped Alva down and gave the cyborg a hand to get in, "You are correct; at least a neck socket of some sort - I did not examine it beyond making sure he still had vital signs. As for the shuttle's systems - I don't know; I'm not qualified to assess Union hardware, however, I did have to put out a fire in one control panel. Depending on the redundancies implemented, the systems might be operational. I would recommend against interfacing directly with the machine, though, in case whatever caused the pilot's collapse might be in the system."

Anja wrote:On the green outside the shuttle you saw two of Dr Tarlitzer's nurses tending to Sarah giving her several shots of what looked like milk, probably some sort of regenerative serum. A third nurse who you had met when you went to the infirmary with the wounded Verbena but who you did not get the name of rushed over to Miss Harrington to tend to her injuries though she clearly decided that with her treatment could wait until they got to the infirmary so she was put on a stretcher and carried of.
He glanced around, nodded to the nurses, and gave the cyborg a pat on the back, "I'll leave you to it - not much room for two to manhandle a person in the cockpit anyway."
He hopped down and made his way over to the Security Chief, giving her a quick, crisp salute, "Ma'am. It appears the pilot suffered a collapse similar to the other ones we've learned of today... The learner, Sarah, should be commended for her quick reactions. The MIB on board, one Agent Jones, appears to have suffered a fatal injury during the landing, but everyone else is still alive. The ship... might be salvaged, if the fires are put out. Do you need my assistance any further?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:08 pm

[Umbral Port]

Colin smiled wryly, "You've not started calling me 'Deviant' yet. I'll take that as a good indicator of your manners."

"I find calling someone you need to get you out of a crashed shuttle names to be both rude and unproductive Mr Steed."
The woman said with a slightly wry grin.

He helped Alva down and gave the cyborg a hand to get in, "You are correct; at least a neck socket of some sort - I did not examine it beyond making sure he still had vital signs. As for the shuttle's systems - I don't know; I'm not qualified to assess Union hardware, however, I did have to put out a fire in one control panel. Depending on the redundancies implemented, the systems might be operational. I would recommend against interfacing directly with the machine, though, in case whatever caused the pilot's collapse might be in the system."

Despite being lean AZ-B-36512 was considerably heavier than he looked indicating he had quite a bit of hardware installed, he looked at you as you spoke and nodded.
"Understood."
He said simply as he headed into the shuttle itself and knelt down by the pilot and then rose to have a look at the control panel.
"This is...unusual..."
He muttered to himself as he sat down beside the pilot again and begun tapping at his own wrist as if typing something.

He glanced around, nodded to the nurses, and gave the cyborg a pat on the back, "I'll leave you to it - not much room for two to manhandle a person in the cockpit anyway."

"Agreed."
The Cyborg said and he nodded as he went back to tapping at his wist and lower arm as if he where seeing a screen there you did not. You noticed from what you saw on his back that he had several sockets down the spine, probably all of his spine where replaced.

He hopped down and made his way over to the Security Chief, giving her a quick, crisp salute, "Ma'am. It appears the pilot suffered a collapse similar to the other ones we've learned of today... The learner, Sarah, should be commended for her quick reactions. The MIB on board, one Agent Jones, appears to have suffered a fatal injury during the landing, but everyone else is still alive. The ship... might be salvaged, if the fires are put out. Do you need my assistance any further?"

The Security Chief gave you a nod of her head and listened as you spoke.
"I see, another case of Cybernetics failing?"
She asked and frowned.
"No I should be able to handle it from here, thank you for you assistance Mr Steed, the wounded will get treatment and then we will see what can be done about the shuttle itself, as for the trainee I will note you recommendation she be given a commandment for her actions."
She said then she ordered of her men, and women.
"Let us get those fires out...move...move!"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:24 pm

[Umbral Port]
Anja wrote:"I find calling someone you need to get you out of a crashed shuttle names to be both rude and unproductive Mr Steed."
The woman said with a slightly wry grin.
Colin grinned, "Sense of humour is intact. Assuming you had one to begin with, that's a good sign."

Anja wrote:Despite being lean AZ-B-36512 was considerably heavier than he looked indicating he had quite a bit of hardware installed, he looked at you as you spoke and nodded.
"Understood."
He said simply as he headed into the shuttle itself and knelt down by the pilot and then rose to have a look at the control panel.
"This is...unusual..."
He muttered to himself as he sat down beside the pilot again and begun tapping at his own wrist as if typing something.
He frowned, "Let me guess - his implants shut down, and he's beginning to run a fever? We're trying to track down the cause of that - it seems someone is going around giving people with implants injections - with no regards to whether it is Sleeper children with pacemakers or agents with enhancements."

Anja wrote:The Security Chief gave you a nod of her head and listened as you spoke.
"I see, another case of Cybernetics failing?"
She asked and frowned.
"No I should be able to handle it from here, thank you for you assistance Mr Steed, the wounded will get treatment and then we will see what can be done about the shuttle itself, as for the trainee I will note you recommendation she be given a commandment for her actions."
She said then she ordered of her men, and women.
"Let us get those fires out...move...move!"
He nodded, "Considering the context, that would be my guess - though I am not qualified to make that declaration; I will leave that to your medical professionals. Apparently, he was in DC last night. I don't know if there've been any reports from there, but I'll certainly take it under consideration."

He saluted her quickly again, "Very well, then, I will clear out and give your people room to work - good luck with sorting this out, and I hope this is not going to be a common occurrence... This appears to be a common enemy we're dealing with."

He turned on his heel and made his way back toward the car at a brisk jog.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:58 pm

[Umbrial Port]

Nicole watched the goings-on alertly but didn't run to help like Colin did; not that she was a rubbernecker or didn't care, but that this was a port, and ports had their own emergency crews with kit and shit. They didn't need some untrained random help; at best she'd be of marginal use, at worst actually hinder the rescue efforts. Did stub out the cigarette, though; she might be needed, and there was always the chance of a fuel leak...

[Think that's a fairly decent IC reason for my lack of posting due to work...]

[Serge: That's your fault. You were flying the damn ship, which is why it crashed due to your sleeping! *smirks*]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:59 pm

[Umbral Port]

Colin grinned, "Sense of humour is intact. Assuming you had one to begin with, that's a good sign."

"Humor me, a economic statistical analyst, surly you jest."
The Syndicate agent said with a wry smile.

He frowned, "Let me guess - his implants shut down, and he's beginning to run a fever? We're trying to track down the cause of that - it seems someone is going around giving people with implants injections - with no regards to whether it is Sleeper children with pacemakers or agents with enhancements."

"Yes I heard about that."
The cyborg's mechanical eyes where good enough to have an expression for they visibly darkened.
"What was unusual though is this man's hardware...hum...well I doubt that it will tell you much but this is a top of the line pilot's jack, given only to the best of the best, no way anyone will be able to afford this kind of hardware unless Control decide you...hum and why am I telling a Traditionalist, let me just put it this way this man should be the main pilot of a Dreadnought with this kind of hardware not fly a dingy little passenger shuttle...most peculiar."
The iterator muttered as he worked.

He nodded, "Considering the context, that would be my guess - though I am not qualified to make that declaration; I will leave that to your medical professionals. Apparently, he was in DC last night. I don't know if there've been any reports from there, but I'll certainly take it under consideration."

"Well the situation is most disturbing, my niece...ehm the student of one of my Instructor's other students got her eyes damaged in accident, the Iterators gave her new eyes, many of us know someone with cybernetic parts..."
The Security Chief said in a rare moment of personal worry then she got that under control and appeared cold and professional again.
"Very well again thank you for your aid Mr Steed."

He saluted her quickly again, "Very well, then, I will clear out and give your people room to work - good luck with sorting this out, and I hope this is not going to be a common occurrence... This appears to be a common enemy we're dealing with."

"As we have a repair bey here ships having uncontrolled landings so happen every now and again but not like this no, I run a tight ship here."
The Void Engineer said.
"Yes it would appear so, I will take this to my superiors when we are done here."

He turned on his heel and made his way back toward the car at a brisk jog.

Adjan stood outside the car looking at the downed shuttle with concern in his eyes. Nicole stood a little closer also observing what was going on.

Nicole watched the goings-on alertly but didn't run to help like Colin did; not that she was a rubbernecker or didn't care, but that this was a port, and ports had their own emergency crews with kit and shit. They didn't need some untrained random help; at best she'd be of marginal use, at worst actually hinder the rescue efforts. Did stub out the cigarette, though; she might be needed, and there was always the chance of a fuel leak...

You saw more of the port's security come running and medical personel. Colin you saw got the door to the shuttle open and helped getting people out. All in all things seamed to be in hand. You saw Colin come back to the car after talking with the port's Security Chief for a moment.

(OOC: Yes I assumed Nicole would just stand and see if there was anything she should do but otherwise just stay at alert, otherwise I would have waited for you before continuing the scene.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:08 pm

[Colins' Room]

Anja wrote:"You can always get better you know Serge, those that are really good at chess where not born that way they got good by playing allot."
Beatrice said then she smiled.
"A spell using a chess board, now that is interesting, how would this rote work?"

"See I would love to tell you. Like I would not stop talking about it. But for now I'll keep it a secret until I perfect it." Serge said. Those in the room would realize that this was incredibly strange behavior for Serge, who was normally very open about everything, especially his magick.

Anja wrote:"A clear space I think Sir."
Anna said and pointed and indeed she had landed on a clear space.
"So what's next then?"

"Oooh, we get to do the fun part of the game!" Serge said excitedly as he reached over to the experience card deck and handed the card over to Anna.

"Place that card under the red decoder and read out what happens to your character. Afterwards I'll flip over this hourglass and everyone except Anna has to roll their special salvage die until we all get a symbol matching the one on the card. That's if we want to save her of course." Serge explained. "If we all roll the matching symbol we save her and we all move spaces equal to the number on the card. If we fail to do so and run out of time we place the card on the doom matrix and Anna moves back a number of spaces equal to the number on the card."
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:37 pm

[Colin's Apartment]

"See I would love to tell you. Like I would not stop talking about it. But for now I'll keep it a secret until I perfect it." Serge said. Those in the room would realize that this was incredibly strange behavior for Serge, who was normally very open about everything, especially his magick.

"A secret...well now that is interesting, I look forward to learn more."
Beatrice said and smiled. Kyle raised an eyebrow.
"Must be something big you are working on Serge."
He commented.

"Place that card under the red decoder and read out what happens to your character. Afterwards I'll flip over this hourglass and everyone except Anna has to roll their special salvage die until we all get a symbol matching the one on the card. That's if we want to save her of course." Serge explained. "If we all roll the matching symbol we save her and we all move spaces equal to the number on the card. If we fail to do so and run out of time we place the card on the doom matrix and Anna moves back a number of spaces equal to the number on the card."

Anna nodded and she put the card under the decoder. She read what was on the card.
"Well apparently I am getting attacked by a swarm of bats."
She said and grinned.
"Ok then so we save her then and roll these dice until we all have a matching symbol?"
Kyle asked and he held up a saving die.
"Let's go for it."
Beatrice said.

(OOC: I will try to get the new thread up later today.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:39 pm

[Umbral Port]
Anja wrote:"Humor me, a economic statistical analyst, surly you jest."
The Syndicate agent said with a wry smile.
Colin smirked, "Well, I've seen some pretty hilarious statistical analyses, so I'm fairly certain it takes a certain degree of comedic sense to make the job endurable."

Anja wrote:"Yes I heard about that."
The cyborg's mechanical eyes where good enough to have an expression for they visibly darkened.
"What was unusual though is this man's hardware...hum...well I doubt that it will tell you much but this is a top of the line pilot's jack, given only to the best of the best, no way anyone will be able to afford this kind of hardware unless Control decide you...hum and why am I telling a Traditionalist, let me just put it this way this man should be the main pilot of a Dreadnought with this kind of hardware not fly a dingy little passenger shuttle...most peculiar."
The iterator muttered as he worked.
He shrugged, "Not particularly peculiar - seems it was a training flight for his trainee, the teenage girl who was brought out first. The kid has talent, so it makes some sense that he might be offering hands-on instruction to prodigies. And his secret is safe with me; I don't pretend to understand the finer points of cybernetics, beyond having watched a few episodes of the Six Million Dollar Man and a couple of movies like Robocop... well, and read a few assorted science-fiction novels."

Anja wrote:"Well the situation is most disturbing, my niece...ehm the student of one of my Instructor's other students got her eyes damaged in accident, the Iterators gave her new eyes, many of us know someone with cybernetic parts..."
The Security Chief said in a rare moment of personal worry then she got that under control and appeared cold and professional again.
"Very well again thank you for your aid Mr Steed."
He grinned, "Ah, you count families by lineage of mentors, like our side does..."
He turned serious again, scratching the back of his head, "I know the feeling; my girlfriend's cousin has an implant, too... he's been hit by this shit... and a Sleeper acquaintance is in hospital now with a failed pacemaker and a fever. It's an all-round nasty terror campaign that's been initiated."

Anja wrote:Adjan stood outside the car looking at the downed shuttle with concern in his eyes. Nicole stood a little closer also observing what was going on.
Nicole wrote:Nicole watched the goings-on alertly but didn't run to help like Colin did; not that she was a rubbernecker or didn't care, but that this was a port, and ports had their own emergency crews with kit and shit. They didn't need some untrained random help; at best she'd be of marginal use, at worst actually hinder the rescue efforts. Did stub out the cigarette, though; she might be needed, and there was always the chance of a fuel leak...
Anja wrote:You saw more of the port's security come running and medical personel. Colin you saw got the door to the shuttle open and helped getting people out. All in all things seamed to be in hand. You saw Colin come back to the car after talking with the port's Security Chief for a moment.
He came back to the car, not even winded, "They've got matters in hand; we'd best move on... The pilot, a top-notch chap who apparently is qualified to be the main pilot of a Dreadnought, collapsed while plugged into the shuttle's controls, and his teenage trainee had to make an emergency landing... Pity she's with them; she'll be magnificent one day, I think... They came out of DC, and it certainly looks like another incident."
He frowned, "Also, it turns out MIBs really do dissolve into goop when they die; all that was left was a black suit, sunglasses and some slime..."
He eased himself into the back seat again, "Also, I have arranged for mail to be immediately forwarded to the Chief's office for the immediate future, costing a pretty penny, but it'll be worth it if it leads to a quicker resolution to the problem..."
He leaned back and pulled out the mysterious letter again, "Now if you'll excuse me, I've apparently received some fan mail..."

((OOC: Wow, page 30 already? ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:41 pm

[Umbrial Port]

Colin's Post:

'The dentist's attack was in DC.' Nicole replied, moving back towards the car. 'Oh, and while I'm gonna fucking hate this... can you drive? I've got a few calls and emails to send, and will be quicker if I've got two hands...'
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:17 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

the message perfectly mimicked your choice of words and expression patterns...

"It does look like something I would write, if I felt inclined to write all of this to you. Which I wouldn't." To him, this was even weirder - not only was it things that should not have been able to be sent, but it sounded as if he'd said them, but he'd never typed up that message. He'd been in Colin's room, under a ward, and generally speaking would not have wanted to put that much information through a text if he could just walk downstairs and tell him...

"I trust Narim with such information but it is up to you if you wish to do so, this is very much your story being told here not mine." Your Mentor said then he raised an eyebrow. "You do not trust Jon Sherman your own Cabalmate? Then again the man is very private I guess he have not spent allot of time with his Cabal.

He sighed and wrote down: 'It's not that I /don't/ trust him. But there are levels of trust and I don't want lots of people knowing about this, the fewer the better. And if one has to know, probably a Deacon should? And I suppose he's family as you said, though I don't want to dump more onto his plate. It's not just my story either, but we need help. I should finish recording what I have on my tablet for extra safe keeping also, I shouldn't carry that around with me.'

"Yes ask Narim about the phones and then let Master Nassa know that he may help Kyle, we need to figure this out. I am going to send Droplet to be ready at your call so that if you need to send me a message you can use him as a messager, you can summon them as any other spirit."
Your Mentor said then he wrote something on the note hand handed you it said Kiryli.
"Droplet's name if you need it, please make sure no one else get his name mea filius."

"Thank you sir," he said with a sincere nod. He read the Name several times and thought of the imp in question, then handed the paper back to him. "I don't want to leave that laying around," he explained. "Well, I guess we'd better sort this out. We don't have time for another mystery..." He finished the coffee, looked about to hand the cup back and then started the rote to break off the arcane links on it before he left to see Narim again. He wished it was for another social call, but alas...

// Arete roll: 5, 9, 4

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:15 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"It does look like something I would write, if I felt inclined to write all of this to you. Which I wouldn't." To him, this was even weirder - not only was it things that should not have been able to be sent, but it sounded as if he'd said them, but he'd never typed up that message. He'd been in Colin's room, under a ward, and generally speaking would not have wanted to put that much information through a text if he could just walk downstairs and tell him...

"I agree mea filius this look like something you would have written, it feel like your words, which makes this even more confusing, like I said I was completely certain the letter was from you."
Jeffry said and he frowned.
"This is most concerning mea filius, most concerning, I do not like mysteries like these in my own Chantry!"

He sighed and wrote down: 'It's not that I /don't/ trust him. But there are levels of trust and I don't want lots of people knowing about this, the fewer the better. And if one has to know, probably a Deacon should? And I suppose he's family as you said, though I don't want to dump more onto his plate. It's not just my story either, but we need help. I should finish recording what I have on my tablet for extra safe keeping also, I shouldn't carry that around with me.'

Jeffry simply nodded at this and said.
"Agreed, and no you should not carry the information with you mea filius. And we do need Master Sharaya's help in this as you know I have far to little experience with these dreadful little machines."

"Thank you sir," he said with a sincere nod. He read the Name several times and thought of the imp in question, then handed the paper back to him. "I don't want to leave that laying around," he explained. "Well, I guess we'd better sort this out. We don't have time for another mystery..."

"No the last thing we needed the day before heading out to Horizon was another mystery like this."
Your Mentor agreed. He accepted the note back and it just burned to ash in his hand, for such a small spell your Pater had not even used words or gestures, he had just willed there to be fire and there was fire.
"But yes we do need to sort it out."

He finished the coffee, looked about to hand the cup back and then started the rote to break off the arcane links on it before he left to see Narim again. He wished it was for another social call, but alas...

Jeffry nodded approvingly when you remembered to break the arcane connections to the cup. You left your Mentor's office and knocked on Narim's door, the Virtual Adept soon opened.
"Ah Adley."
He said with a warm smile.
"Do you want to come in, I am delighted to see you but I assume that since you come back so soon you have something you need my help with?"

[Umbra Port]

Colin smirked, "Well, I've seen some pretty hilarious statistical analyses, so I'm fairly certain it takes a certain degree of comedic sense to make the job endurable."

"Indeed we are quite the hoot."
The Syndicate agent muttered dryly.

He shrugged, "Not particularly peculiar - seems it was a training flight for his trainee, the teenage girl who was brought out first. The kid has talent, so it makes some sense that he might be offering hands-on instruction to prodigies. And his secret is safe with me; I don't pretend to understand the finer points of cybernetics, beyond having watched a few episodes of the Six Million Dollar Man and a couple of movies like Robocop... well, and read a few assorted science-fiction novels."

"Movies like those draw quite a few members to my Convention Traditionalist."
The Cyborg said then he nodded.
"What you say makes sense, I will use it as a working hypothesis as to why a shuttle pilot have such advanced hardware."
He said but he did not look up from his work.

He grinned, "Ah, you count families by lineage of mentors, like our side does..."

"Yes and no, the Void Engineers see our teachers and their other students as family, but not as a replacement for our blood relatives. All of the Union place importance on our teachers though and the teacher student bond can get very strong."
The Security Chief explained.

He turned serious again, scratching the back of his head, "I know the feeling; my girlfriend's cousin has an implant, too... he's been hit by this shit... and a Sleeper acquaintance is in hospital now with a failed pacemaker and a fever. It's an all-round nasty terror campaign that's been initiated."

"I hope your girlfriend's relative makes it Mr Steed, and yes the situation we are in are quite horrific, we have to get to the bottom of this."
The Void Engineer said and frowned.

He came back to the car, not even winded, "They've got matters in hand; we'd best move on... The pilot, a top-notch chap who apparently is qualified to be the main pilot of a Dreadnought, collapsed while plugged into the shuttle's controls, and his teenage trainee had to make an emergency landing... Pity she's with them; she'll be magnificent one day, I think... They came out of DC, and it certainly looks like another incident."

"So they have this problem as far as DC? That is not good they are spreading out over a pretty big area."
Adjan said darkly.

He frowned, "Also, it turns out MIBs really do dissolve into goop when they die; all that was left was a black suit, sunglasses and some slime..."

"Hum...good to know I guess."
The Euthanathos said.
"What about the others in the ship did they make it?"

He eased himself into the back seat again, "Also, I have arranged for mail to be immediately forwarded to the Chief's office for the immediate future, costing a pretty penny, but it'll be worth it if it leads to a quicker resolution to the problem..."

Adjan nodded at that as he settled back into his seat.

He leaned back and pulled out the mysterious letter again, "Now if you'll excuse me, I've apparently received some fan mail..."

The letter wrote:

"Mr Steed
Hopefully this letter will reach you, I did not know how to get into contact with the Hermetic I spoke with but my brother said you could be trusted. I want you to know that a group is being founded, a Chantry if you will consisting of runaway, abandoned and cast out members of all the factions, including the new one which are forming under your noses. We prefer not to get involved in the Asencion war and want to be left alone, however if something should happen that concern all willworkers we will aid our own kind, we just wanted to reach out though me to say that.
June Summers.
P.S. My brother is here with me safe and he sends his greetings."

'The dentist's attack was in DC.' Nicole replied, moving back towards the car. 'Oh, and while I'm gonna fucking hate this... can you drive? I've got a few calls and emails to send, and will be quicker if I've got two hands...'

"So that makes two attacks in DC?"
Adjan asked.
"How many attacks do that make now?"

(OOC: Sorry about being late with getting a new thread up I got creative and made some jewelry and lost track of time.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:33 pm

[Jeffry's Office]

"I agree mea filius this look like something you would have written, it feel like your words, which makes this even more confusing, like I said I was completely certain the letter was from you." Jeffry said and he frowned. "This is most concerning mea filius, most concerning, I do not like mysteries like these in my own Chantry!"

He nodded in agreement.

Jeffry simply nodded at this and said.
"Agreed, and no you should not carry the information with you mea filius. And we do need Master Sharaya's help in this as you know I have far to little experience with these dreadful little machines."

He spent a moment documenting what happened from his tablet, and then what happened with Kyle and what Serge told him, and finally a note regarding the phones onto paper and handed the paper to his mentor. "I might take you up on refreshing the wax, too...I should learn how to do that."

"Ah Adley."He said with a warm smile. "Do you want to come in, I am delighted to see you but I assume that since you come back so soon you have something you need my help with?"

"Yeah, your bread is good enough to ask for seconds but we actually need an expert's help with something important," he said. "Can I come in?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:34 pm

[Colin's Room]

Anja wrote:"A secret...well now that is interesting, I look forward to learn more."
Beatrice said and smiled. Kyle raised an eyebrow.
"Must be something big you are working on Serge."
He commented.

"This it the biggest thing I've worked on in a while. It uses literally every single thing I've been studying up until now. It would be my dream come true if this spells works." Serge said with a smile. "I've got the theory down, but getting people to test it with is a bit tricky. Since to properly test it the test subjects can't know that their test subjects and need to be going about their regular day."

Anja wrote:Anna nodded and she put the card under the decoder. She read what was on the card.
"Well apparently I am getting attacked by a swarm of bats."
She said and grinned.
"Ok then so we save her then and roll these dice until we all have a matching symbol?"
Kyle asked and he held up a saving die.
"Let's go for it."
Beatrice said.

"Let's do this! Time to save Anna the crocodile from some bats!" Serge said holding up the die and the hourglass.

"On my count. 3...2....1....GO!" Serge said, excitedly flipping over the hourglass and rolling the die.
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:35 pm

[Umbra Port]
Anja wrote:"Yes and no, the Void Engineers see our teachers and their other students as family, but not as a replacement for our blood relatives. All of the Union place importance on our teachers though and the teacher student bond can get very strong."
The Security Chief explained.
Colin smiled thinly, "Something along the lines of the family you choose, rather than the one you're born into, I suppose..."

Anja wrote:"I hope your girlfriend's relative makes it Mr Steed, and yes the situation we are in are quite horrific, we have to get to the bottom of this."
The Void Engineer said and frowned.
He nodded, "My group and I are working on it; we're about to follow up on a lead from one of the agents in the infirmary. Naturally, if we find anything useful, we'll make sure to forward it here."

Anja wrote:"So they have this problem as far as DC? That is not good they are spreading out over a pretty big area."
Adjan said darkly.
Nicole wrote:'The dentist's attack was in DC.' Nicole replied, moving back towards the car. 'Oh, and while I'm gonna fucking hate this... can you drive? I've got a few calls and emails to send, and will be quicker if I've got two hands...'
Anja wrote:
"So that makes two attacks in DC?"
Adjan asked.
"How many attacks do that make now?"
He frowned, "Too many..."
He smiled wryly to Nicole as he started to extricate himself from the back seat, "Why, Miss Bouchard, I haven't felt this deeply touched since a Nephanda tried to fondle my Avatar... Certainly, I can drive."

Anja wrote:"Hum...good to know I guess."
The Euthanathos said.
"What about the others in the ship did they make it?"
He nodded, "The pilot still lives... though his chances do not look the best. The trainee girl, mainly burns on the arms, I think, and of course a fair bit of shock, but otherwise it seems she escaped largely unscathed, physically. Then there's a Syndicate financial analyst who had a broken arm and probably a concussion... Good thing it happened when it did, though; they were supposed to pick up more passengers here... that would have turned nasty, real quick..."

Anja wrote:The letter wrote:

"Mr Steed
Hopefully this letter will reach you, I did not know how to get into contact with the Hermetic I spoke with but my brother said you could be trusted. I want you to know that a group is being founded, a Chantry if you will consisting of runaway, abandoned and cast out members of all the factions, including the new one which are forming under your noses. We prefer not to get involved in the Asencion war and want to be left alone, however if something should happen that concern all willworkers we will aid our own kind, we just wanted to reach out though me to say that.
June Summers.
P.S. My brother is here with me safe and he sends his greetings."
He frowned, "Well, damn... things just took a turn for the strange. Very, very strange... I may have just obtained a lead which will require a strong measure of secrecy. Bugger..."
He folded up the letter and pocketed it, "I'm going to have to make a pit stop somewhere, to try to contact someone I probably shouldn't under normal circumstances... but I think it might be necessary. But first, the dermatologist."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:59 am

[Umbra Port]

Colin smiled thinly, "Something along the lines of the family you choose, rather than the one you're born into, I suppose..."

"Well often you do not choose your teacher but you Instructor do spend allot of time with you and shape allot about you so it would make sense that we see them as family."
The Void Engineer said.

He nodded, "My group and I are working on it; we're about to follow up on a lead from one of the agents in the infirmary. Naturally, if we find anything useful, we'll make sure to forward it here."

"Thank you I am not sure how much I can help with as so yet without my superior's ok but I wish you the best of luck Mr Steed."
The Security Chief said sternly.

He frowned, "Too many..."

Adjan frowned at that.

He nodded, "The pilot still lives... though his chances do not look the best. The trainee girl, mainly burns on the arms, I think, and of course a fair bit of shock, but otherwise it seems she escaped largely unscathed, physically. Then there's a Syndicate financial analyst who had a broken arm and probably a concussion... Good thing it happened when it did, though; they were supposed to pick up more passengers here... that would have turned nasty, real quick..."

"Thank haven for small favors."
Adjan said.
"They are the enemy but while we are here I hope they will make it and that we are not forced into combat with them later."

He frowned, "Well, damn... things just took a turn for the strange. Very, very strange... I may have just obtained a lead which will require a strong measure of secrecy. Bugger..."
He folded up the letter and pocketed it, "I'm going to have to make a pit stop somewhere, to try to contact someone I probably shouldn't under normal circumstances... but I think it might be necessary. But first, the dermatologist."

"This sounds rather ominous Colin just how illegal will this pit stop of yours be?"
The Euthanathos said.

[Jeffry's Office]

He spent a moment documenting what happened from his tablet, and then what happened with Kyle and what Serge told him, and finally a note regarding the phones onto paper and handed the paper to his mentor. "I might take you up on refreshing the wax, too...I should learn how to do that."

"I can give you a quick rundown but it is rather obvious, you simply scrape the tablet clean, then mix up the roper wax blend which need to be not to soft and not to hard and pour it into the two sides of the tablets."
Jeffry said he went to his cabinet and got out two bits of wax and a small pot.
"Ok then...if you are done with what is written on it I can do the process far quicker with magick right now and teach you how to do it properly when there is time."
The old Hermetic said and he held out his hand for the tablet.

"Yeah, your bread is good enough to ask for seconds but we actually need an expert's help with something important," he said. "Can I come in?"

"Well there is more bread left if you want."
Narim said and he moved out of the way to let you in.
"Off course please come in."
He said and smiled a little he moved a few DVDs in their covers from the living room table and put them in the shelf.
"I am sorry for the mess."

[Colin's Room]

"This it the biggest thing I've worked on in a while. It uses literally every single thing I've been studying up until now. It would be my dream come true if this spells works." Serge said with a smile. "I've got the theory down, but getting people to test it with is a bit tricky. Since to properly test it the test subjects can't know that their test subjects and need to be going about their regular day."

"Yes that can be a problem, after all you can not risk harming sleepers and rest of us you have to have consent to do something."
Beatrice said and nodded.
"I wish you luck with your spell though it sounds really interesting."

"Let's do this! Time to save Anna the crocodile from some bats!" Serge said holding up the die and the hourglass.

"On my count. 3...2....1....GO!" Serge said, excitedly flipping over the hourglass and rolling the die.

Everyone started rolling their dice. Eventually you all get the same symbol.
"It seams like the other animals bite the crocodile on the tail and drag it away from the bats."
Kyle said and grinned.
"Which would be a cool scene actually."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:28 am

[Umbra Port]
Anja wrote:"Thank you I am not sure how much I can help with as so yet without my superior's ok but I wish you the best of luck Mr Steed."
The Security Chief said sternly.
Colin nodded, "I've got less of an issue with bureaucratic superiors, I suppose... I'll weather that storm once the situation is resolved."

Anja wrote:"Thank haven for small favors."
Adjan said.
"They are the enemy but while we are here I hope they will make it and that we are not forced into combat with them later."
He nodded thoughtfully, "I would not wish this kind of death on anyone; passing peacefully in one's old age is one thing, but being targeted by a poisoner merely for having electronic implants in your body... that's just not right by any definition."

Anja wrote:"This sounds rather ominous Colin just how illegal will this pit stop of yours be?"
The Euthanathos said.
He slipped into the driver's seat and adjusted the seat so he could comfortably reach the pedals before leaning back and pondering briefly. He sighed and handed Adjan the letter, "June Summers is the Nephanda who had been ordered out to blow up the Umbral Port two months ago. My Cabalmate is the one who talked her out of it, as she's neither inclined to bring the world down or to cease existing just yet... Her brother is one Sebastian Silverberg, whose path crossed mine in Chicago, and who probably feels he owes me the world after I saved his Awakened daughter from Abigail's claws... This new faction worries me, and right not, this 'Chantry of castoffs' is the only lead we have to any intel on that... I'm afraid I'm going to have to contact Miss Summers and question her."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next