Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36

5 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36 Empty Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 02, 2019 10:28 am

(OOC: Nicole and Serge are in Steelhaven's Council Chambers laying battle plans. Colin is right outside Narim's room talking with Poodle, Adley are in Narim's room trying to recover from being Quintessence drunk. Good gaming all.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36 Empty Re: Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36

Post by Warpmind Thu May 02, 2019 11:09 am

[Steelhaven November 2018]
Anja wrote:"Spirits can manifest Sir?"
The young vampire asked wide eyed.
"Do that means Uncle Willard can manifest or the Chief's Imps?"
He continued then he shook his head.
"Paradox spirits sounds terrifying, but I guess you know what you are doing Mr Wainwright but I sure hope you are right and you will not get deleted from reality or something, for that would be bad."
Colin nodded, "If you like, I can ask Uncle Willard to do so, though I'm afraid I can't ask him to stay for long at a time - he's got his priorities, after all, and the Chantry needs him to maintain his patrols."

[Steelhaven Garage]
Anja wrote:"Well I guess we can always hope, if she even draw the line between what she do and the bad things that happens to her, for all we know she will think the reason bad things are happening is that her daughter is wearing a dress."
Freddy said and frowned.
"It is not easy to get shit people to change love."
He chuckled, "Case is shielded from the worst, though, and I did pile on quite a bit of motivation for change... Not sure if she'll ever catch on, but that's really her problem and not mine..."

[Steelhaven - Narim's Room]
Anja wrote:"As long as she is gone I do not really care why right now."
Narim said in a tired tone of voice.
He nodded, "Agreed... The important thing is we get a breather..."

Anja wrote:Narim gave Adley a stern look.
"Have he been running around and not taking care of himself again? It seams it is more than me who need a talk."
He commented.
"There should be a plate of leftover vegetable hot pot from my dinner yesterday, I do not normally favor microwaved food but it should still be good if given a minute to heat up."
The Virtual Adept said and indeed there was a plate there covered with another place with a good portion of vegetable pot on it. Narim also smiled a little at what you said.
"Yes...it really is."
He muttered and he gave Adley a loving look for a moment.
S7trif3 wrote:He couldn't see the look, he still had his head on his knees but he muttered in tired defense, "I woke up kinda late and had cookies at the door. I had your bread too and a protein bar. Then I was about to have lunch when we got called to do something and then something happened on the way to that, and then I was gonna have a sandwich but I saw that thing outside. My brother is right, I need to pack snacks," he rambled. He paused then said, "Shit..I forgot I was gonna go talk to him..."
Anja wrote:"Shh your brother would want you to get some rest and catch your breath you can talk to him later."
The Virtual Adept replied."
He smiled wryly and started nuking the plate, "He's not entirely to blame; he was supposed to have lunch with his sister and nephew, but then a crisis happened just as they were about to eat..."
He turned serious, "And we need to speak with Kyle, yes. And his lady friend, come to think of it, she might have some crucial insights into the matter..."

Anja wrote:"That is a great relief."
Narim said.
"I was worried Jeffry had gotten badly hurt."
S7trif3 wrote:"Good...thank you..." He lapsed into silence, quickly losing the battle for trying to stay focused, alert or even awake.
Anja wrote:"Sleep until the hot pot is warm."
Narim said and he held you gently, he knew you where not big on being touched but he thought this might be an exception so he just held you while humming to you softly as you drifted of.
He smiled warmly at the two, letting his shoulders sink for a moment before the microwave beeped angrily, and he got the plate out, bringing it over with the juice and some cutlery.

Anja wrote:Poodle quickly came running.
"Hi man with what I can't touch inside."
He said and he grabbed his on tail and pulled on it.
"I can do a service, Master said to stay in one room made of stone until the scary one was gone but the scary one is gone in this now...you have nom nom for me?"
The little fire imp said as he looked up at you and grinned.
He smiled and struck the match, "There's two more matches for you, if you will go and check how Master's apprentice's spidery friends are doing. He's a bit tired, and inside the big ward here, so he asked me to make sure, but I don't know where they are right now. Can you find them for me and make sure they are well? You don't have to bring them to me, just tell me how they are."

((OOC: Ah, more XP for Colin... So close to playing with Forces now... Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36 Empty Re: Kidnapping Vera Milliner, Angry Ghosts and Shining Souls IC Thread 36

Post by Nicole Bouchard Thu May 02, 2019 12:57 pm

[Council Chamber]

Anja's Post:

'Slamming her to the floor might be best. There's a good chance she'd tense up and be ready to resist if we moved physically against her. Perhaps give her the package just before you do the gust of wind at her so she's distracted a bit?' looking around, clearly trying to see if anybody had other options.

Anja's Post:

Nicole watched the goings-on with clear interest.
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 02, 2019 3:25 pm

Colin nodded, "If you like, I can ask Uncle Willard to do so, though I'm afraid I can't ask him to stay for long at a time - he's got his priorities, after all, and the Chantry needs him to maintain his patrols."

"I would love to see him, I hear that Uncle Willard looks glorious but I would not want him to eglect his duties just for my frivolous wish."
Shawn said with a slight smile.

[Steelhaven Garage]

He chuckled, "Case is shielded from the worst, though, and I did pile on quite a bit of motivation for change... Not sure if she'll ever catch on, but that's really her problem and not mine..."

"I am glad the girl is fine and that a Mentor have been found for her."
Freddy said and nodded.
"As for her mother, I doubt she will become a better person, but she do deserve a bit of burn."

Narim nodded at that.
"That it is and that I still have my Avatar, for I am rather in favor of having my Avatar you know I am quite attached to it."
He said with a bit of a nervous smile.

He smiled wryly and started nuking the plate, "He's not entirely to blame; he was supposed to have lunch with his sister and nephew, but then a crisis happened just as they were about to eat..."
He turned serious, "And we need to speak with Kyle, yes. And his lady friend, come to think of it, she might have some crucial insights into the matter..."

"Hum...well I will still start making sure he have snacks to pack, just in case it happens again...I make sie very nice bean filled buns, they would be good for bringing along."
The Virtual Adept said then he gave you a surprised look.
"Hum...Danielle was it? Yes she might be able to help with information on vampire society as I hear she pretends to be a part of it, I have also tried to wake my friend among their kind but it have not been easy."

He smiled warmly at the two, letting his shoulders sink for a moment before the microwave beeped angrily, and he got the plate out, bringing it over with the juice and some cutlery.

When the food was done Narim gently put a hand on Adley's shoulder.
"Adley...the food is done, you should eat some."
He said as he carefully tried to wake the tired Hermetic.

He smiled and struck the match, "There's two more matches for you, if you will go and check how Master's apprentice's spidery friends are doing. He's a bit tired, and inside the big ward here, so he asked me to make sure, but I don't know where they are right now. Can you find them for me and make sure they are well? You don't have to bring them to me, just tell me how they are."

Poodle danced as the match burned, the imp giggles and jumps as he danced then he nodded.
"Find Master's apprentice's spider friends, tell the man with what I can't touch inside how they are doing, I can do that, then I get more treats?"
The imp asked and he looked up at you happily.
"Yes big ward, there is a big ward there."
He said and pointed and Narim's room.
"They are not in there."

[Council Chamber]

'Slamming her to the floor might be best. There's a good chance she'd tense up and be ready to resist if we moved physically against her. Perhaps give her the package just before you do the gust of wind at her so she's distracted a bit?' looking around, clearly trying to see if anybody had other options.

"Well it will more be what popular fiction call telekenisis than a gust of wind but yes, that is a good idea, so if she let us in to deliver the package I use Auram to hold her down as soon as Mr Yager have given here the package, if she do not open the door, we have Mr Yager try to send her to sleep?"
Antonio asked.
"I can prepare the needed spells in advance I just need to write them up."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 02, 2019 3:45 pm

Anja wrote:"I would love to see him, I hear that Uncle Willard looks glorious but I would not want him to eglect his duties just for my frivolous wish."
Shawn said with a slight smile.
Colin smiled, "He looks... pretty much exactly how you would expect a wise guardian angel to look. And come to think of it, his presence feels a lit like you would expect, too. Not so much like the exact biblical descriptions, though, but I suppose that's fortunate, too."

[Steelhaven Garage]
Anja wrote:"I am glad the girl is fine and that a Mentor have been found for her."
Freddy said and nodded.
"As for her mother, I doubt she will become a better person, but she do deserve a bit of burn."
He grinned, "If Case is really lucky, her father realizes what manner of person his wife truly is... The man's conservative, but I've met him, and I think he might be willing to concede that being an ass in the name of Christ is an unChristly thing to do..."

Anja wrote:Narim nodded at that.
"That it is and that I still have my Avatar, for I am rather in favor of having my Avatar you know I am quite attached to it."
He nodded, "I know... I remember the future. You really weren't the same without it. So, we just can't have that chain of events unfold."

Anja wrote:"Hum...well I will still start making sure he have snacks to pack, just in case it happens again...I make sie very nice bean filled buns, they would be good for bringing along."
The Virtual Adept said then he gave you a surprised look.
"Hum...Danielle was it? Yes she might be able to help with information on vampire society as I hear she pretends to be a part of it, I have also tried to wake my friend among their kind but it have not been easy."
He shook his head, "It's not her knowledge of vampire society that's potentially priceless here... Jace's ghost is trying to make himself a new body, with a new Avatar, to repossess. We can't let that happen, and I believe the girl's knowledge on the matter could be... very, very useful."

Anja wrote:When the food was done Narim gently put a hand on Adley's shoulder.
He frowned at Adley, then nodded, "If he's not awake by the time I'm back... I'll try something, with yours and Morgan's permission. It's a little risky - my own little cleansing rote, and I don't know fully how well it will work with the sheer power he's been channeling... but it might help balance him out."

Anja wrote:Poodle danced as the match burned, the imp giggles and jumps as he danced then he nodded.
"Find Master's apprentice's spider friends, tell the man with what I can't touch inside how they are doing, I can do that, then I get more treats?"
The imp asked and he looked up at you happily.
"Yes big ward, there is a big ward there."
He said and pointed and Narim's room.
"They are not in there."
He smiled and held up two more matches, "I know the spider friends are not in there. Find them, let me know where and how they are, and you'll get these two treats. Deal?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 02, 2019 5:07 pm

Colin smiled, "He looks... pretty much exactly how you would expect a wise guardian angel to look. And come to think of it, his presence feels a lit like you would expect, too. Not so much like the exact biblical descriptions, though, but I suppose that's fortunate, too."

"Well the ones in the Bible sound a bit more terrifying than I would like."
Shawn said.
"So we are talking a bit more Renaissance painting of a angle then and not real old fashioned one?"

[Steelhaven Garage]

He grinned, "If Case is really lucky, her father realizes what manner of person his wife truly is... The man's conservative, but I've met him, and I think he might be willing to concede that being an ass in the name of Christ is an unChristly thing to do..."

"I am not so sure he will but there is a chance he will love his daughter enough to realize that if he continue to deny accepting her as who she is he will loose her and he will be nothing more than a name on a piece of paper and some issues to work through for her, if he want to stay in her life he have to change and he might do that for her."
Freddy said but she did not sound like she believed the man would.

He nodded, "I know... I remember the future. You really weren't the same without it. So, we just can't have that chain of events unfold."

"No...we really can not let that happen.."
Narim said with a shiver.

He shook his head, "It's not her knowledge of vampire society that's potentially priceless here... Jace's ghost is trying to make himself a new body, with a new Avatar, to repossess. We can't let that happen, and I believe the girl's knowledge on the matter could be... very, very useful."

"Let me guess the Avatar he want to put into his new body is mine?"
Narim asked bitterly.
"But yes I agree talking with the young woman and see if she can help us might be a good idea."
He agreed and nodded.

He frowned at Adley, then nodded, "If he's not awake by the time I'm back... I'll try something, with yours and Morgan's permission. It's a little risky - my own little cleansing rote, and I don't know fully how well it will work with the sheer power he's been channeling... but it might help balance him out."

"Thank you Mr Wainwright, hopefully though Adley will wake up on his own and a good meal might help balancing him up."
The Virtual Adept agreed and he looked at Adley with concerned eyes.
"But yes you better get Master Morgan's permission for that first."

He smiled and held up two more matches, "I know the spider friends are not in there. Find them, let me know where and how they are, and you'll get these two treats. Deal?"

"I will find the spiderlings and then return and get treats."
Poodle agreed happily and he ran of, running on the walls as he left, a little flickering flame glinting down the corridor. You saw Jeffry come up the stairs though he had to support himself on the rail and he grunted as h reached the third floor.
"Mr Wainwright are they okey?"
The old Hermetic asked as he got closer and he cast a worried glance atNarim's apartment then he nodded approvingly.
"That is a fine ward, my son did well."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 02, 2019 5:45 pm

Anja wrote:"Well the ones in the Bible sound a bit more terrifying than I would like."
Shawn said.
"So we are talking a bit more Renaissance painting of a angle then and not real old fashioned one?"
Colin smiled, "Quite, though perhaps more modern in appearance than precisely Renaissance. I suppose he wouldn't look at all out of place if depicted on one of those Magic cards."

[Steelhaven Garage]
Anja wrote:"I am not so sure he will but there is a chance he will love his daughter enough to realize that if he continue to deny accepting her as who she is he will loose her and he will be nothing more than a name on a piece of paper and some issues to work through for her, if he want to stay in her life he have to change and he might do that for her."
Freddy said but she did not sound like she believed the man would.
He nodded, "It's a long shot. But, we are Mages; we're all about the long shots, right?"

Anja wrote:"Let me guess the Avatar he want to put into his new body is mine?"
Narim asked bitterly.
"But yes I agree talking with the young woman and see if she can help us might be a good idea."
He agreed and nodded.
He nodded, "In the timeline when we weren't forewarned about him being back like that, he succeeded. Now, though... Who you gonna call?"

Anja wrote:"Thank you Mr Wainwright, hopefully though Adley will wake up on his own and a good meal might help balancing him up."
He nodded, "He should be back in a moment."
He glanced around at the ward, "Well, assuming he can get in past Adley's ward... He really outdid himself with that one. Almost so you'd think he had something giving him a push."

Anja wrote:"I will find the spiderlings and then return and get treats."
Poodle agreed happily and he ran of, running on the walls as he left, a little flickering flame glinting down the corridor. You saw Jeffry come up the stairs though he had to support himself on the rail and he grunted as h reached the third floor.
"Mr Wainwright are they okey?"
The old Hermetic asked as he got closer and he cast a worried glance atNarim's apartment then he nodded approvingly.
"That is a fine ward, my son did well."
He nodded, "They were quite intact when i stepped out here again - I had to check on Adley's spiders, so I asked Poodle to run the errand for me... I'll wait here until he's back. Adley passed out, though; he might have overexerted himself a little. If he's not awake and eating by the time I return with Poodle's report, I've got something I'll want to try, with your and Narim's permission... I'll explain if and when it's relevant. For now, your Cabalmate is worried. And... there's a lot of bad news, but this time, we managed to save Narim, for now... this time around, we can stop Jace from returning."
He shook his head, "And Adley's ward... I guess it is true that love is a one of the most powerful forces in the universe..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Thu May 02, 2019 6:11 pm

[Council Chamber]

Anja wrote:Helena gave a chuckle at your enthusiasm, she made a slight gesture with her left hand.
"My ehm freaky Hermetic shield, who by the way where the foundation the Order of Hermes was built on, are down so you have my permission to do your thing Mr Yager."
The Hermetic said as she regarded Serge sternly but there was a slight crack in her stern demeanor.
"You certainly are enthusiastic young man."
She commented sounding amused.

"Adeptus Majora Mar...." he repeated as he dove right into his sketchbook, his excitement for testing the limits of his powers fueling his movement and his words. His hands were fast as they wielded the the pencils that slid across the page drawing the elder hermetic onto the page in Serge's image.

"Don't you think that's an amazing title? The weight, the gravitas, the sheer power. In a way it sounds more impressive than Master. It's got more syllable." he began saying. Those watching would realize he wasn't talking to Helena, but to the picture.

As it started to take form those watching would see that Serge had drawn Helena horizontally, as if she were sleeping while suspended into the air. Her arms were drooped to the side and her eyes were close. She  was wearing a long flowing white dress and had a peaceful look face as if she had no more worries in the world. Like she was sleeping among the clouds.

He was no stranger to being tired. He brought up all the memories he could of late-night cram session and all-night artistic or magickal projects. He remembered what it was like to be so tired that at the first available opportunity you simply melted into the nearby bed-like object. He projected those feelings into his art as he drew. He knew Helena had to have felt those emotion before so he brought up those feeling to make Helena feel that same exhaustion.

"Adeptus Majora Mar, security chief and warrior mage of House Flambeau. Apprentice to Master Morgan. What an impressive string of accomplishments. How many people look up to you? How many people do you want to impress? How many people depend on you? Bet the responsibility wears down on a person. Over worked day in and day out. Projecting a stern demeanor to the world when inside all you really want to do is rest."

Serge didn't care if what he was saying was true or not, because in that moment, everything he said was true to him. It was his imagination, his story, that he breathed into the artwork. The artwork connected to the person into the room with him. And his imagination would have a similar hold on the person the picture represented.

"It's not healthy to fight it. All the signals your body gives. It's OK Ms. Mar. You can rest now."

With a final flick of his wrist Serge finished the drawing just as he uttered those last few words.

(OOC: Mind 3 and Entropy 1- Trying to get Helena to go to sleep against her will. The entropy one is used to bring up likely sources of exhaustion that Helena [stress of the job/overachieving nature] has felt while Mind 3 amplifies that exhaustion while also diminishing her cautions and alertness and strongly telling her subconsciously to go to sleep. He's only going to be working with emotion, he's not bringing up any memories that could be painful to Helena.

Arete Roll: 4, 2, 9, 4 - 8, 3, 9, 10 - 3, 4, 9, 7 - 8, 1, 8, 3 - 1, 3, 10, 2 )
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 02, 2019 7:34 pm

Narim nodded at that.

"Thank god," he muttered. And added, "An you too, and my pater...what're we gonna do about it? I dunno how long this ward can last...and the other thing..."

"Hum...well I will still start making sure he have snacks to pack, just in case it happens again...I make sie very nice bean filled buns, they would be good for bringing along." The Virtual Adept said then he gave you a surprised look. "Hum...Danielle was it? Yes she might be able to help with information on vampire society as I hear she pretends to be a part of it, I have also tried to wake my friend among their kind but it have not been easy."

"Huh...think she know if those necromancer vampire bastards had anything to do with this ghost thing? I mean, fuck. Why can't he just stay dead and buried...asshole."

"Let me guess the Avatar he want to put into his new body is mine?"
Narim asked bitterly.
He agreed and nodded.

"He can't have you or your avatar. You're ours."

He nodded, "In the timeline when we weren't forewarned about him being back like that, he succeeded. Now, though... Who you gonna call?"

"Euthanatos."

"Shh your brother would want you to get some rest and catch your breath you can talk to him later."
The Virtual Adept replied.

"Mmmm," he said, the non-fluency not sounding affirmative or negative, as if another thing that he'd been trying to stay awake to do was taken care of, or at least acknowledged.

"Sleep until the hot pot is warm."
Narim said and he held you gently, he knew you where not big on being touched but he thought this might be an exception so he just held you while humming to you softly as you drifted of.
When the food was done Narim gently put a hand on Adley's shoulder.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright, hopefully though Adley will wake up on his own and a good meal might help balancing him up."
He glanced around at the ward, "Well, assuming he can get in past Adley's ward... He really outdid himself with that one. Almost so you'd think he had something giving him a push."

It took him a couple of minutes to come around at all, after Colin had left to talk to Poodle, and he was only barely half awake at that. But he dutifully took the food and ate some of it though he was not going to be able to stay up too long.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 02, 2019 9:20 pm

Colin smiled, "Quite, though perhaps more modern in appearance than precisely Renaissance. I suppose he wouldn't look at all out of place if depicted on one of those Magic cards."

"Ah...Anna and Kyle taught me how to play that game. Well Uncle Willard sound pretty awesome then, it is suitable that he is the guardian of this place which I hear is a castle in the Umbra."
Shawn said with another slight smile.

[Steelhaven Garage]

He nodded, "It's a long shot. But, we are Mages; we're all about the long shots, right?"

"True enough love we can hope for the best."
Freddy said though she still sounded a bit doubtful."

"Well we stopped him once, and we can stop him again."
Narim said and frowned.
"So in the future you saw I...ah...did I survive?"
He asked nervously.

"Well Adley is very talented."
Narim said with a slight smile as he gave his boyfriend a loving look.
"And good then you can talk with my Cabalmate when he gets here."

He nodded, "They were quite intact when i stepped out here again - I had to check on Adley's spiders, so I asked Poodle to run the errand for me... I'll wait here until he's back. Adley passed out, though; he might have overexerted himself a little. If he's not awake and eating by the time I return with Poodle's report, I've got something I'll want to try, with your and Narim's permission... I'll explain if and when it's relevant. For now, your Cabalmate is worried. And... there's a lot of bad news, but this time, we managed to save Narim, for now... this time around, we can stop Jace from returning."
He shook his head, "And Adley's ward... I guess it is true that love is a one of the most powerful forces in the universe..."

"Poodle should be back now then and are you sure the two of them are fine? Hum getting overwhelmed by strong magick happens, rest and some food should settle his energies but if not we can discuss your suggestion Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said then he sigh.
"So Wallace Jace is back is he, well yes we will stop him but I have a feeling the rest of your news should be taken in private and not in the hallway, so let me just ask if there is anything I need to hear right this moment in order to keep people safe? If not I want to check on my Cabalmate and my apprentice and make sure they are ok and we can discuss it in my office in a moment."
The old Hermetic said then he sigh again.
"Ehm...I should probably see a healer first as well."
He grumbled.
"And yes that is an impressive ward, I expected nothing less of my student."
He added proudly.
"He knows how to fight for those he love."

"Thank god," he muttered. And added, "An you too, and my pater...what're we gonna do about it? I dunno how long this ward can last...and the other thing..."

"For now my love, we have respite so you can relax and we will find Wallace Jace's spirit and deal with it, for now we are both safe, that is what you should focus on until you are back on your feet."
Narim said softly.

"Huh...think she know if those necromancer vampire bastards had anything to do with this ghost thing? I mean, fuck. Why can't he just stay dead and buried...asshole."

"I had never even considered that."
Narim said and frowned.
"Well if he is a ghost now I guess they could be the ones responsible for summoning him...one more thing to try to find out."

"He can't have you or your avatar. You're ours."

The Virtual Adept smiled at that and nodded.
"Yes my love...we are."
He said softly and very gently planted a kiss on your forehead.

"Euthanatos."

"Well yes they would be the ones to call for something like this and we do have the number to a few of them."
Narim muttered.

"Mmmm," he said, the non-fluency not sounding affirmative or negative, as if another thing that he'd been trying to stay awake to do was taken care of, or at least acknowledged.

Narim did not reply he just sat there with you and let you mumble and he let you rest and just be.

It took him a couple of minutes to come around at all, after Colin had left to talk to Poodle, and he was only barely half awake at that. But he dutifully took the food and ate some of it though he was not going to be able to stay up too long.

Once you had eaten some of the hot pot, te flavors exploding in your mouth due to over sensitivity from the massive use of Quintessence, and had some juice where you could taste every bit of fruit pulp left in it no matter how small Narim stood and he tried to get you up.
"Come on, you need some rest and we should get you to the sofa, you will get stiff shoulders if you sleep on the floor."
He said as he tried to halfway drag halfway guide you to the sofa.

[Council Chamber]

"Adeptus Majora Mar...." he repeated as he dove right into his sketchbook, his excitement for testing the limits of his powers fueling his movement and his words. His hands were fast as they wielded the the pencils that slid across the page drawing the elder hermetic onto the page in Serge's image.

"Don't you think that's an amazing title? The weight, the gravitas, the sheer power. In a way it sounds more impressive than Master. It's got more syllable." he began saying. Those watching would realize he wasn't talking to Helena, but to the picture.

"Well I was quite proud when I finally attained the rank Mr Yager but no it is still a far way from Master, though one day I will be an archmage and then it will be Magistrix Mundi, which is also more syllables."
The Hermetic said with a grin.

As it started to take form those watching would see that Serge had drawn Helena horizontally, as if she were sleeping while suspended into the air. Her arms were drooped to the side and her eyes were close. She was wearing a long flowing white dress and had a peaceful look face as if she had no more worries in the world. Like she was sleeping among the clouds.

He was no stranger to being tired. He brought up all the memories he could of late-night cram session and all-night artistic or magickal projects. He remembered what it was like to be so tired that at the first available opportunity you simply melted into the nearby bed-like object. He projected those feelings into his art as he drew. He knew Helena had to have felt those emotion before so he brought up those feeling to make Helena feel that same exhaustion.

"Adeptus Majora Mar, security chief and warrior mage of House Flambeau. Apprentice to Master Morgan. What an impressive string of accomplishments. How many people look up to you? How many people do you want to impress? How many people depend on you? Bet the responsibility wears down on a person. Over worked day in and day out. Projecting a stern demeanor to the world when inside all you really want to do is rest."

Serge didn't care if what he was saying was true or not, because in that moment, everything he said was true to him. It was his imagination, his story, that he breathed into the artwork. The artwork connected to the person into the room with him. And his imagination would have a similar hold on the person the picture represented.

"It's not healthy to fight it. All the signals your body gives. It's OK Ms. Mar. You can rest now."

With a final flick of his wrist Serge finished the drawing just as he uttered those last few words.

It took you every little bit of power you had, and at first it did not seam to work at all. Helena was extremely stubborn and she was just not buying your suggestion or rather she was used to going long periods of time without sleep and resisting the desire to sleep, working her body and mind until it was near breaking, and for a long while the older mage just sat there looking at you and your drawing. Only at the very end of your spell after you had been at it for a good 15 minutes did the Hermetic start yawning, eventually she did fall asleep but she did not sleep deeply, there was just not enough power in your spell to enforce the length of her sleep but you had managed to get her to sleep against her will even if it was by a hair.

(OOC: Opposed willpower roll came to her scoring 6 successes leaving Serge with 1 it was by the skin of his teeth but he did manage to pull it of.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu May 02, 2019 9:53 pm

"For now my love, we have respite so you can relax and we will find Wallace Jace's spirit and deal with it, for now we are both safe, that is what you should focus on until you are back on your feet."
Narim said softly.

"Kay."

The Virtual Adept smiled at that and nodded.
"Yes my love...we are."

"They can't have any bit of you," he added.

Once you had eaten some of the hot pot, te flavors exploding in your mouth due to over sensitivity from the massive use of Quintessence, and had some juice where you could taste every bit of fruit pulp left in it no matter how small Narim stood and he tried to get you up.
"Come on, you need some rest and we should get you to the sofa, you will get stiff shoulders if you sleep on the floor."
He said as he tried to halfway drag halfway guide you to the sofa.

He pulled a face at the food as he tasted it and winced. He suddenly understood why after the big ritual they had eaten plain tasting things. It was intensely overwhelming and made eating unpleasant but he tried to finish it up anyway, before letting Narim put him on the couch.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu May 02, 2019 10:03 pm

"They can't have any bit of you," he added.

"No I am all yours."
Narim assured you with a smile.
"All yours my love."

He pulled a face at the food as he tasted it and winced. He suddenly understood why after the big ritual they had eaten plain tasting things. It was intensely overwhelming and made eating unpleasant but he tried to finish it up anyway, before letting Narim put him on the couch.

"Just a few more bites...it will make you feel better."
The Virtual Adept said encouragingly until you had finished at least a bit of your plate and half the glass of juice, then he helped you to the sofa and helped you lay down, gently he put a pillow under your head and a blanket over you. The sofa felt so soft, though you could eel every thread of the blanket, and every thread in your clothes, you could feel the bruise on your side you got sparring yesterday, it throbbed, you could feel, hear, smell and sense everything. Narim seamed to understand though for he turned the lights down and turned his computer off so the fan sound stopped, and yet you could hear the other mages moving around, you could hear the wheels of little Cava's toy cars scraping on the floor in the room under you, you could hear and sense everything, and yet you was so tired even if you where overwhelmed it was hard to stay awake.
"Tell me what I can do my love."
Narim said softly as he sat beside you.
"How can I make you feel better?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu May 02, 2019 10:25 pm

S7trif3 wrote:"Thank god," he muttered. And added, "An you too, and my pater...what're we gonna do about it? I dunno how long this ward can last...and the other thing..."
Anja wrote:"For now my love, we have respite so you can relax and we will find Wallace Jace's spirit and deal with it, for now we are both safe, that is what you should focus on until you are back on your feet."
Narim said softly.
Colin nodded, "Rest now, the next battle comes soon enough."

S7trif3 wrote:"Huh...think she know if those necromancer vampire bastards had anything to do with this ghost thing? I mean, fuck. Why can't he just stay dead and buried...asshole."
Anja wrote:"I had never even considered that."
Narim said and frowned.
"Well if he is a ghost now I guess they could be the ones responsible for summoning him...one more thing to try to find out."
He frowned, "I think Jace had his own contingency plans in place - he already used and abused spirits and ghosts when he was alive; he's the sort who would have a bloody backup plan... He's got a vampire ally, but not the Giovanni; a fleshcrafter of some sort. I'll ask Mrs. Knox about it... among other things."

S7trif3 wrote:"He can't have you or your avatar. You're ours."
Anja wrote:The Virtual Adept smiled at that and nodded.
"Yes my love...we are."
S7trif3 wrote:"They can't have any bit of you," he added.
Anja wrote:"No I am all yours."
Narim assured you with a smile.
"All yours my love."
He smiled, "I guess I'm going to have to fight Morgan for the honour of giving Adley away... and correct, Jace is not going to get his hands, physical or not, on any part of you."

Anja wrote:"Well we stopped him once, and we can stop him again."
Narim said and frowned.
"So in the future you saw I...ah...did I survive?"
He asked nervously.
He frowned, "Let's just say you don't want me to answer that..."

S7trif3 wrote:"Euthanatos."
Anja wrote:"Well yes they would be the ones to call for something like this and we do have the number to a few of them."
Narim muttered.
He paused for a moment, "That... was not the pop-cultural reference i had in mind, but yes, they'd be a good choice, too. Might want to call in Lady Crexia for this one, too - however many favour it might cost."

Anja wrote:"Well Adley is very talented."
Narim said with a slight smile as he gave his boyfriend a loving look.
"And good then you can talk with my Cabalmate when he gets here."
He nodded, "Will do."

Anja wrote:"Poodle should be back now then and are you sure the two of them are fine? Hum getting overwhelmed by strong magick happens, rest and some food should settle his energies but if not we can discuss your suggestion Mr Wainwright."
Jeffry said then he sigh.
"So Wallace Jace is back is he, well yes we will stop him but I have a feeling the rest of your news should be taken in private and not in the hallway, so let me just ask if there is anything I need to hear right this moment in order to keep people safe? If not I want to check on my Cabalmate and my apprentice and make sure they are ok and we can discuss it in my office in a moment."
The old Hermetic said then he sigh again.
"Ehm...I should probably see a healer first as well."
He grumbled.
"And yes that is an impressive ward, I expected nothing less of my student."
He added proudly.
"He knows how to fight for those he love."
He smiled, "Poodle seemed a little too enthusiastic about running on the walls to search. I'll give him a minute or so... There's a fair bit more, but for now, the most important thing is that you told me how Narim... made it for two years after Jace compelled that spirit to steal Narim's Avatar... Jace managed to make himself a new body and reincarnate into it, and was still at large, three years later. I'm going to have a very difficult discussion with Master Haagen..."
He quickly looked Morgan up and down, "Yes, you might wish to see a healer first, to avoid worrying your Cabalmate and apprentice overly. And I'm not saying the quality of the ward is greatly unexpected, but the power is surprising... I felt it stepping through, and... well... you might have the time to see what I mean for yourself."
He shook his head, "Don't let me keep you, I'll just wait for Poodle to get back with his report, so I can give him his two matches."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri May 03, 2019 4:45 am

[Council Chambers]

Anja wrote:It took you every little bit of power you had, and at first it did not seam to work at all. Helena was extremely stubborn and she was just not buying your suggestion or rather she was used to going long periods of time without sleep and resisting the desire to sleep, working her body and mind until it was near breaking, and for a long while the older mage just sat there looking at you and your drawing. Only at the very end of your spell after you had been at it for a good 15 minutes did the Hermetic start yawning, eventually she did fall asleep but she did not sleep deeply, there was just not enough power in your spell to enforce the length of her sleep but you had managed to get her to sleep against her will even if it was by a hair.

"YES! HAHA! I DID IT!" Serge exclaimed raising his fists to the skies in victory. "Well sort of. I barely did it. It took everything I had and she fought against me every step of the way. Hopefully with a bit more time prep time I can create something that the slave has a harder time fighting against. Especially since she won't be expecting it and likely won't have the willpower of a battle-hardened warrior mage."

He poked Helena to get her to wake up, "Wakey wakey 7 syllables. I lied, you can't rest now. We got a mission coming up."

(OOC: Wow I got very lucky  Shocked .)
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 03, 2019 8:04 am

He frowned, "I think Jace had his own contingency plans in place - he already used and abused spirits and ghosts when he was alive; he's the sort who would have a bloody backup plan... He's got a vampire ally, but not the Giovanni; a fleshcrafter of some sort. I'll ask Mrs. Knox about it... among other things."

"We are going to have to find out which it is."
Narim said and nodded before he frowned.
"There are many things we are going to have to find out. But yes Jace might have had a backup plan as for his vampire ally yes Mrs Knox would be the one to ask about vampire and I can also ask my contact, when he finally wakes up."
He added.

He smiled, "I guess I'm going to have to fight Morgan for the honour of giving Adley away... and correct, Jace is not going to get his hands, physical or not, on any part of you."

"Oh I imagine that would be a fight you might not win Mr Wainwright."
Narim said and he blushed allot and looked at Adley.
"O...or if Adley and I will get to ehm well eh..."
He begun then he looked at you for a moment and smiled warmly though he was still scared over the situation.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright that means allot...thank you."

He frowned, "Let's just say you don't want me to answer that..."

"No...I guess I don't at that."
Narim replied wide eyed.

He paused for a moment, "That... was not the pop-cultural reference i had in mind, but yes, they'd be a good choice, too. Might want to call in Lady Crexia for this one, too - however many favour it might cost."

"Yes the good Lady might be able to aid us I hear she is a skilled necromancer so when a ghost is involved she might be the woman to contact."
The Virtual Adept agreed.

He nodded, "Will do."

"Thank you."
Narim said with a tired smile.

He smiled, "Poodle seemed a little too enthusiastic about running on the walls to search. I'll give him a minute or so...

"Well my imps do not always have stellar attention span."
Jeffry said sounding slightly amused.

There's a fair bit more, but for now, the most important thing is that you told me how Narim... made it for two years after Jace compelled that spirit to steal Narim's Avatar...

Jeffry's eyes darkened dangerously at that and the temperature in the hallway rose.
"If that bloody man hurt my Cabalmate I will tear it limb from limb!"
He swore.

Jace managed to make himself a new body and reincarnate into it, and was still at large, three years later. I'm going to have a very difficult discussion with Master Haagen..."

"About using more of little Cava's blood to track him down? I am sure that will not be a big problem,he might not like his apprentice poked and prodded but this is not the old ways when an Arcane connection was usually collected with a blade."
The old Hemetic said.
"The girl should be fine."

He quickly looked Morgan up and down, "Yes, you might wish to see a healer first, to avoid worrying your Cabalmate and apprentice overly. And I'm not saying the quality of the ward is greatly unexpected, but the power is surprising... I felt it stepping through, and... well... you might have the time to see what I mean for yourself."

"The ward is very well crafted. I am most pleased, the job of a Flambeau is not only burning things to the ground but also protection, and this is a good ward, I will make sure to tell him I am pleased when I get a chance and please do not worry about me, I am a little banged up but nothing serious. I should see a healer though as I can not fight at peak efficiency in this condition."
Jeffry agreed.
"Perhaps I should take care of that first though, give those two a chance to catch their breath."

He shook his head, "Don't let me keep you, I'll just wait for Poodle to get back with his report, so I can give him his two matches."

"I will just head over to Amadeus' room then...bloody Verbena..."
Jeffry grumbled then he smiled a little.
"Well poodle do love his candles."
He said before he made his way back down to the second floor and the Master healer's room.
"I bet the bastard will just love me owing him a favor."
He muttered as he went, clearly not really angry at or disliking Amadeus but he had to grumble.

You stood there a little longer before Poodle came back with the whole swarm of spiderlings in tow, the little spirits looked okey and they immediately started repairing cracks in the old floors, but about half of them now had bare butts and where no longer fuzzy with crystalline hairs there.
"When I mentioned Master's student they followed me here, all the spirderlings."
Poodle said and he looked at you expectantly.
"The man with what I can't touch inside will give me rewards?"
He begged.

[Council Chambers]

"YES! HAHA! I DID IT!" Serge exclaimed raising his fists to the skies in victory. "Well sort of. I barely did it. It took everything I had and she fought against me every step of the way. Hopefully with a bit more time prep time I can create something that the slave has a harder time fighting against. Especially since she won't be expecting it and likely won't have the willpower of a battle-hardened warrior mage."

He poked Helena to get her to wake up, "Wakey wakey 7 syllables. I lied, you can't rest now. We got a mission coming up."

Helena woke up when you started exclaiming things so there was no need to poke at her, she hid a jawn behind a thin hand and sat up more in her chair.
"Well done Mr Yager, well done."
She said and she gave you a nod.
"Well now I am in need of coffee."
She commented. Antonio nodded.
"It should work then, a target who is not expecting it and who are not as strong willed as the Adeptus Majora should go down fairly easily."
The Scribe said and nodded.
"If you can prepare a bit in advance so we do not have to wait for minutes outside the target's door."

(OOC: Well Helena was lucky actually she got 8 dice to roll and got 6 successes.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 03, 2019 8:18 am

[Narim's Room]

Colin nodded, "Rest now, the next battle comes soon enough."

"Kay...but..." He seemed about to follow up with something, then entirely forgot his train of thought.

"Don't think Nicole'll be building us any ghost traps anytime soon..."

"Fleshcrafter? Trying to give me nightmares? Vampire assassins, vampire sorcerers, vampire necromancers, and now vampire fleshcrafters..."

"Oh I imagine that would be a fight you might not win Mr Wainwright." Narim said and he blushed allot and looked at Adley. "O...or if Adley and I will get to ehm well eh..."

"Uh...m....I think that's going to be a far nicer 'fight' than dealing with Jace, asshole can't even stay dead properly." He didn't really have the capacity to deal with half of the implications of what Colin said, or the spell he had done for that matter at least until everything stopped spinning and being loud.

"Just a few more bites...it will make you feel better." The Virtual Adept said encouragingly until you had finished at least a bit of your plate and half the glass of juice

"It tastes too much...everything is too much..." he grumbled. He flopped down on the couch with no protest, but the sensation of everything was still overwhelming. "Oh shit..." he opened one eye to look at him. "You can tell where people are, right? Is this what it's kind of like? I can hear someone playing with toys on the floor and everyone walking around upstairs. How the hell can you think clearly about anything with all that..." He folded the pillow and put it over his head, for all the good it did.

"Tell me what I can do my love." Narim said softly as he sat beside you. "How can I make you feel better?"

"Just stay in the circle ward I made, safe for now till we can figure out what to do...I just need to rest...you're okay and that...is the best."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy Silverstein Fri May 03, 2019 8:32 am

[Council Chambers]

Anja wrote:Helena woke up when you started exclaiming things so there was no need to poke at her, she hid a jawn behind a thin hand and sat up more in her chair.
"Well done Mr Yager, well done."
She said and she gave you a nod.
"Well now I am in need of coffee."
She commented. Antonio nodded.
"It should work then, a target who is not expecting it and who are not as strong willed as the Adeptus Majora should go down fairly easily."
The Scribe said and nodded.
"If you can prepare a bit in advance so we do not have to wait for minutes outside the target's door."

"Then I guess I'll head to my room and make a proper picture. With some color rather than this bland black and white. Maybe add in this apple for a sleeping beauty aesthetic." Serge said sinking into his chair as the fatigue from the intense spellcasting set in and taking a few bites of the apple he had neglected during the meeting. "Unless I'm needed for any of the material gathering?"
Jeremy Silverstein
Jeremy Silverstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 03, 2019 8:45 am

[Narim's Room]

"Don't think Nicole'll be building us any ghost traps anytime soon..."

Narim gave a chuckle at that.

"Fleshcrafter? Trying to give me nightmares? Vampire assassins, vampire sorcerers, vampire necromancers, and now vampire fleshcrafters..."

"Well they are in effect hedge wizards after all with their static abilities."
The Virtual Adept said.
"I have never heard of any flesh crafters though but I will ask my contact, when he decide to wake up."

"Uh...m....I think that's going to be a far nicer 'fight' than dealing with Jace, asshole can't even stay dead properly." He didn't really have the capacity to deal with half of the implications of what Colin said, or the spell he had done for that matter at least until everything stopped spinning and being loud.

Narim blushed again but he smiled a little.
"Much nicer indeed. We have to make sure Jace stays dead this time first though, the man is the incarnation of trouble. I would like to survive the fight to to one day perhaps see Mr Wainwright and Jeffry fight...over the other matter if things moves in that ehm...yes ehm...babbling now."
He said and blushed again he blushed allot.

"It tastes too much...everything is too much..." he grumbled. He flopped down on the couch with no protest, but the sensation of everything was still overwhelming. "Oh shit..." he opened one eye to look at him. "You can tell where people are, right? Is this what it's kind of like? I can hear someone playing with toys on the floor and everyone walking around upstairs. How the hell can you think clearly about anything with all that..." He folded the pillow and put it over his head, for all the good it did.

"I can make you something plain if that is better?"
Narim offered then he nodded.
"In a way but I do not know what everyone is doing so I am not overwhelmed I just know where someone is located within the Chantry when I think about them, a few times when I have lost control though...then I experienced what you describe."
He said his voice soft.
"I know it is confusing my love but I am right here with you."

"Just stay in the circle ward I made, safe for now till we can figure out what to do...I just need to rest...you're okay and that...is the best."

"I will stay right here next to your side watching over you when you sleep, I am safe and so are you, so just rest."
The Virtual Adept said softly. You still heard...everything, little Charly's squeaky puppy bark, the grind of Amadeu's huge, marble pestle and mortar, Bee whipping eggs together as she made lunch and the rolling sound of marbles as Anna played while the food was made. You heard it all and it was all overwhelming but you where so tired. despite it all, so tired.

[Council Chambers]

"Then I guess I'll head to my room and make a proper picture. With some color rather than this bland black and white. Maybe add in this apple for a sleeping beauty aesthetic." Serge said sinking into his chair as the fatigue from the intense spellcasting set in and taking a few bites of the apple he had neglected so far. "Unless I'm needed for any of the material gathering?"

"Nah you do that, we have it well in hand kid."
Bruce said and nodded. Helena nodded.
"Yes I think the rest of us can gather the supplies, if we have a plan then Miss Bouchard, what if we each get what we have been assigned and then meet back here in about half an hour?"
The Hermetic asked. Antonio nodded.
"Good I will have time to write up some spells to hang then."
He said.
"Seams we all have something to do then."
Jon said and nodded.
"We should probably all get going on that."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri May 03, 2019 9:11 am

[Narim's Room]

Narim blushed again but he smiled a little. "Much nicer indeed. We have to make sure Jace stays dead this time first though, the man is the incarnation of trouble. I would like to survive the fight to to one day perhaps see Mr Wainwright and Jeffry fight...over the other matter if things moves in that ehm...yes ehm...babbling now."

"Mmm...."

"I can make you something plain if that is better?"
Narim offered then he nodded.

"No, s'okay."

"In a way but I do not know what everyone is doing so I am not overwhelmed I just know where someone is located within the Chantry when I think about them, a few times when I have lost control though...then I experienced what you describe." He said his voice soft. "I know it is confusing my love but I am right here with you."

"I never did anything like that before, I've moved around a lot of energy but not by myself." He yawned.

"I will stay right here next to your side watching over you when you sleep, I am safe and so are you, so just rest."
The Virtual Adept said softly.

"Alright..." he agreed. He couldn't wait for his pater to come back, something must have kept him. He hoped it wasn't more trouble. With another yawn, he tried to let his fried nerve endings rest.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 03, 2019 11:49 am

[Narim's Room]

"No, s'okay."

Narim nodded at that.

"I never did anything like that before, I've moved around a lot of energy but not by myself." He yawned.

"I have but not often. I can tell you about it once you get some rest, all I will say for now though is that this feeling will pass soon enough."
The Virtual Adept said softly.

"Alright..." he agreed. He couldn't wait for his pater to come back, something must have kept him. He hoped it wasn't more trouble. With another yawn, he tried to let his fried nerve endings rest.

You heard Colin and Jeffry speak outside, for the most part it was just sound, you could recognize noises but not meanings but you understood as much that Jeffry wanted to let you rest for a little bit while he had his bruises healed so he could be ready if there was more trouble. You also felt the presence of the spiderlings outside the ward.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 03, 2019 1:08 pm

S7trif3 wrote:"Kay...but..." He seemed about to follow up with something, then entirely forgot his train of thought.
Colin shook his head, "No buts right now - you overexerted yourself a little; we can talk when you're feeling like yourself again. Rest for a few minutes, that's an order from your Cabal Leader."

S7trif3 wrote:"Fleshcrafter? Trying to give me nightmares? Vampire assassins, vampire sorcerers, vampire necromancers, and now vampire fleshcrafters..."
Anja wrote:"Well they are in effect hedge wizards after all with their static abilities."
The Virtual Adept said.
"I have never heard of any flesh crafters though but I will ask my contact, when he decide to wake up."
He shrugged, "My... source was quite specific. It's complicated, but I have full reason to trust the word of our soon-to-be Custos, after he'd been with us for three years. If he says vampires have fleshcrafters, they have fleshcrafters."

Anja wrote:"We are going to have to find out which it is."
Narim said and nodded before he frowned.
"There are many things we are going to have to find out. But yes Jace might have had a backup plan as for his vampire ally yes Mrs Knox would be the one to ask about vampire and I can also ask my contact, when he finally wakes up."
He added.
He nodded, "Jace will also be able to provide us with the Screamer, trapped in the forest which is not a forest. I think we've got the best shot at it we're going to get in a long time..."

Anja wrote:"Oh I imagine that would be a fight you might not win Mr Wainwright."
Narim said and he blushed allot and looked at Adley.
"O...or if Adley and I will get to ehm well eh..."
He begun then he looked at you for a moment and smiled warmly though he was still scared over the situation.
"Thank you Mr Wainwright that means allot...thank you."
S7trif3 wrote:"Uh...m....I think that's going to be a far nicer 'fight' than dealing with Jace, asshole can't even stay dead properly." He didn't really have the capacity to deal with half of the implications of what Colin said, or the spell he had done for that matter at least until everything stopped spinning and being loud.
Anja wrote:Narim blushed again but he smiled a little.
"Much nicer indeed. We have to make sure Jace stays dead this time first though, the man is the incarnation of trouble. I would like to survive the fight to to one day perhaps see Mr Wainwright and Jeffry fight...over the other matter if things moves in that ehm...yes ehm...babbling now."
He said and blushed again he blushed allot.
S7trif3 wrote:"Mmm...."
He smiled, "Well, seeing as the Chief and I would likely be dueling for points, rather than for blood, over the matter, it would be a far more civil affair. There's time to figure out the details yet, though, if you two decide to go down that path... and you have my best wishes for your happiness, either way."

S7trif3 wrote:"Don't think Nicole'll be building us any ghost traps anytime soon..."
Anja wrote:Narim gave a chuckle at that.
He pondered, "Don't be too sure... She might not be able to design one, but she might at least be able to follow the schematics for constructing one... Still, probably better to call around and see if someone else has a few lying around. Would be a very satisfying thing, though, to imprison what's left of Jace indefinitely like that..."

Anja wrote:"Yes the good Lady might be able to aid us I hear she is a skilled necromancer so when a ghost is involved she might be the woman to contact."
The Virtual Adept agreed.
He nodded, "I can vouch for her skill... I'll add her to my list of calls."

Anja wrote:"Well my imps do not always have stellar attention span."
Jeffry said sounding slightly amused.
He grinned, "True, but they do have a lot of enthusiasm and an eagerness to be helpful - especially when there's a treat in it for them."

Anja wrote:Jeffry's eyes darkened dangerously at that and the temperature in the hallway rose.
"If that bloody man hurt my Cabalmate I will tear it limb from limb!"
He swore.
He nodded, "Not alone, you won't - you'll have a long line of volunteers who'll insist on getting a piece of the action, as they call it. He's safe, though; the spirit looked at the two and... looked sad for a moment before leaving. I'm not sure what it saw, or what made it decide to turn back, but whatever it was, it was powerful..."

Anja wrote:"About using more of little Cava's blood to track him down? I am sure that will not be a big problem,he might not like his apprentice poked and prodded but this is not the old ways when an Arcane connection was usually collected with a blade."
The old Hemetic said.
"The girl should be fine."
He shook his head, lowering his voice, "It's a little worse than that, you told me in three years that we need a dose of her spinal fluid, extracted while she's awake and conscious, because Jace was a paranoid bastard too clever by half... it... did not go entirely well for her that time, because we did not know the criteria before we got the first fluid sample... We'll have to be extremely gentle with her. I'd recommend bringing in Freddy and Kyle for it, they've had the procedure unanaesthetized, and might be able to reassure and calm her enough to stay still through it all... she's our only key into the laboratories, but we have to do what we can to avoid... crippling her again."

Anja wrote:"The ward is very well crafted. I am most pleased, the job of a Flambeau is not only burning things to the ground but also protection, and this is a good ward, I will make sure to tell him I am pleased when I get a chance and please do not worry about me, I am a little banged up but nothing serious. I should see a healer though as I can not fight at peak efficiency in this condition."
Jeffry agreed.
"Perhaps I should take care of that first though, give those two a chance to catch their breath."
He nodded, "They should be safe for a while still. Perhaps it's best to give them a breather while you get yourself back into full fighting shape."

Anja wrote:"I will just head over to Amadeus' room then...bloody Verbena..."
Jeffry grumbled then he smiled a little.
"Well poodle do love his candles."
He said before he made his way back down to the second floor and the Master healer's room.
"I bet the bastard will just love me owing him a favor."
He muttered as he went, clearly not really angry at or disliking Amadeus but he had to grumble.
He grinned wryly, "Tell him you'll take it off this month's rent, as it's in the defense of our Deacon Primus to be, see how he takes that offer."
He turned more serious, "Besides, after all you've done for Beatrice these past months, he might yet call it even..."

Anja wrote:You stood there a little longer before Poodle came back with the whole swarm of spiderlings in tow, the little spirits looked okey and they immediately started repairing cracks in the old floors, but about half of them now had bare butts and where no longer fuzzy with crystalline hairs there.
"When I mentioned Master's student they followed me here, all the spirderlings."
Poodle said and he looked at you expectantly.
"The man with what I can't touch inside will give me rewards?"
He begged.
He arched an eyebrow at the sight of the little gafflings, "Well done, Poodle, you'll have your rewards... but what happened to the little guys?"
He struck the first match and held it up close to the floor, "Half of them have lost their fuzz, were they attacked or stressed?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 03, 2019 2:18 pm

[Steelhaven]

Colin shook his head, "No buts right now - you overexerted yourself a little; we can talk when you're feeling like yourself again. Rest for a few minutes, that's an order from your Cabal Leader."

Narim nodded approvingly at that.

He shrugged, "My... source was quite specific. It's complicated, but I have full reason to trust the word of our soon-to-be Custos, after he'd been with us for three years. If he says vampires have fleshcrafters, they have fleshcrafters."

"A new Custos eh? Well that is interesting as for vampire fleshcrafters, no I believe you Mr Wainwright there are quite a number of unusual abilities found among vampires."
The Virtual Adept said and nodded.

He nodded, "Jace will also be able to provide us with the Screamer, trapped in the forest which is not a forest. I think we've got the best shot at it we're going to get in a long time..."

"So Wallace Jace is involved in that whole mess?"
Narim said and frowned.
"That makes it even more important we get him, I do wonder what the forest which is not a forest is though."

He smiled, "Well, seeing as the Chief and I would likely be dueling for points, rather than for blood, over the matter, it would be a far more civil affair. There's time to figure out the details yet, though, if you two decide to go down that path... and you have my best wishes for your happiness, either way."

"It would be an interesting match to watch."
Narim said and he smiled a little and looked at Adley.
"For now I do not know where the relationship will go but I know I love him and want to give the relationship every chance to develop."
He said fondly.

He pondered, "Don't be too sure... She might not be able to design one, but she might at least be able to follow the schematics for constructing one... Still, probably better to call around and see if someone else has a few lying around. Would be a very satisfying thing, though, to imprison what's left of Jace indefinitely like that..."

"I am not so sure since ghosts have a tendency to escape from the containment units in Ghostbusters."
Narim said wryly.
"Those traps would be really useful though."
He added.

He nodded, "I can vouch for her skill... I'll add her to my list of calls."

The Virtual Adept nodded at that.

He grinned, "True, but they do have a lot of enthusiasm and an eagerness to be helpful - especially when there's a treat in it for them."

"Oh their enthusiasm is not the problem."
Jeffry said with a chuckle.
"Even so they usually fulfill their tasks, if they understand them."

He nodded, "Not alone, you won't - you'll have a long line of volunteers who'll insist on getting a piece of the action, as they call it. He's safe, though; the spirit looked at the two and... looked sad for a moment before leaving. I'm not sure what it saw, or what made it decide to turn back, but whatever it was, it was powerful..."

"Yes I imagine indeed that many would like a piece of Wallace Jace if he had harmed my Cabalmate, I am glad the pair of them are safe though, very safe and yes I saw the light in the window, I am not sure what they did but the spirit let itself be banished, it did not flee it was banished, whatever they did it was powerful."
Jeffry said and he sounded impressed.

He shook his head, lowering his voice, "It's a little worse than that, you told me in three years that we need a dose of her spinal fluid, extracted while she's awake and conscious, because Jace was a paranoid bastard too clever by half... it... did not go entirely well for her that time, because we did not know the criteria before we got the first fluid sample... We'll have to be extremely gentle with her. I'd recommend bringing in Freddy and Kyle for it, they've had the procedure unanaesthetized, and might be able to reassure and calm her enough to stay still through it all... she's our only key into the laboratories, but we have to do what we can to avoid... crippling her again."

"Hum...that is not good the way I understand it drawing spinal fluid is a painful procedure and she is only a child. I am not sure being gentle with her will get a child to stay still but it is worth trying, you are welcome to ask for Kyle's help as long as it do not upset him. So the girl got injured in the future? That is not good and getting Master Haagen to agree to this will not be easy...or perhaps it would be better if the Deacon Council made the decision, that way if Master Haagen was kept out of it and was just ordered to at least the girl might not feel her own Mentor betrayed her. We have to talk with Master Haagen about it at least and see what we can do to help Cava through it...if there is really no other way to get into the lab."
The old Hermetic said and frowned.

He nodded, "They should be safe for a while still. Perhaps it's best to give them a breather while you get yourself back into full fighting shape."

"Agreed, I will do so but please make sure they are safe until I can return."
Jeffry said then he looked at his sword.
"And perhaps I should put the Ephamera cutting sword back in the cupboard and not walk around with it."
He muttered more to himself than to you.

He grinned wryly, "Tell him you'll take it off this month's rent, as it's in the defense of our Deacon Primus to be, see how he takes that offer."
He turned more serious, "Besides, after all you've done for Beatrice these past months, he might yet call it even..."

"He will still gloat the bastard. I should learn to heal my own wounds but I have never had much of a talent for it."
Jeffry grumble.
"But yes I am glad we have a skilled healer and I know he will gladly do the job...it is just he is Verbena."
He said with a slight wry smile.

He arched an eyebrow at the sight of the little gafflings, "Well done, Poodle, you'll have your rewards... but what happened to the little guys?"
He struck the first match and held it up close to the floor, "Half of them have lost their fuzz, were they attacked or stressed?"

Poodle danced joyfully around the match.
"They tossed their fuzz at the mean spirit that tried to attack, she is a meanie and they tossed hair at her."
He said as he danced and the little spiderlings worked on repairing the floor now happy to fulfill their tasks.
"Their mother is a guardian spirit perhaps they have a bit of her task in them."
Poodle commented.
"Me and my brethren hid our Master told us to."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri May 03, 2019 3:10 pm

Anja wrote:"A new Custos eh? Well that is interesting as for vampire fleshcrafters, no I believe you Mr Wainwright there are quite a number of unusual abilities found among vampires."
The Virtual Adept said and nodded.
Colin nodded, "A kid named Shawn. He's got some... oracular ability; he can tap into the, hm, subconscious of vampire society as a whole, and advise us on the general ebb and flow of their doings, as well as some... more specific situations. It's a little bit complicated, though."

Anja wrote:"So Wallace Jace is involved in that whole mess?"
Narim said and frowned.
"That makes it even more important we get him, I do wonder what the forest which is not a forest is though."
He frowned, voice lowered a little, "I'm not sure if Jace knows about that whole mess, but yes... and I suspect the Screamer is a trapped Psychopomp, and the forest is a store of... extricated pineal glands, sealed in Primium. That remains, of course, to be proven, but the hypothesis does hold up next to all the evidence I've heard and seen so far."

Anja wrote:"It would be an interesting match to watch."
Narim said and he smiled a little and looked at Adley.
"For now I do not know where the relationship will go but I know I love him and want to give the relationship every chance to develop."
He said fondly.
He grinned, "Upstart Orphan dueling a veteran Flambeau Master over the right to a specific role at a wedding? I think the Chantry could sell tickets and cover the electric and cable bill for the next year."

Anja wrote:"I am not so sure since ghosts have a tendency to escape from the containment units in Ghostbusters."
Narim said wryly.
"Those traps would be really useful though."
He added.
He arched an eyebrow, "I thought that was only when a reckless EPA agent cut power to a device he couldn't understand?"

Anja wrote:"Oh their enthusiasm is not the problem."
Jeffry said with a chuckle.
"Even so they usually fulfill their tasks, if they understand them."
He nodded, "I suppose one must allow for a little... enthusiastic misunderstanding at times. They're good kids, though, for want of a better term. Most of them, at any rate."

Anja wrote:"Yes I imagine indeed that many would like a piece of Wallace Jace if he had harmed my Cabalmate, I am glad the pair of them are safe though, very safe and yes I saw the light in the window, I am not sure what they did but the spirit let itself be banished, it did not flee it was banished, whatever they did it was powerful."
Jeffry said and he sounded impressed.
He nodded thoughtfully, "Oh, we're going to have to tear Jace apart, regardless of whether he gets to hurt any more people, he's behind the plague, too..."

Anja wrote:"Hum...that is not good the way I understand it drawing spinal fluid is a painful procedure and she is only a child. I am not sure being gentle with her will get a child to stay still but it is worth trying, you are welcome to ask for Kyle's help as long as it do not upset him. So the girl got injured in the future? That is not good and getting Master Haagen to agree to this will not be easy...or perhaps it would be better if the Deacon Council made the decision, that way if Master Haagen was kept out of it and was just ordered to at least the girl might not feel her own Mentor betrayed her. We have to talk with Master Haagen about it at least and see what we can do to help Cava through it...if there is really no other way to get into the lab."
The old Hermetic said and frowned.
He nodded, "Let me talk to him first... I believe it's time Cava learned of her... father. She and Miss Sinclair are in danger while Jace remains at large, and possibly more so if they both remain ignorant of the situation... but I won't go over Master Haagen's head with the issue. If necessary, I'll trade him a secret for his consent, though I'd prefer to avoid that option... And you yourself told me that was the only key to Jace's lab, as we could extricate from Eric Dhal after we captured him. That was after we'd tried less... ruthless options."

Anja wrote:"Agreed, I will do so but please make sure they are safe until I can return."
Jeffry said then he looked at his sword.
"And perhaps I should put the Ephamera cutting sword back in the cupboard and not walk around with it."
He muttered more to himself than to you.
He nodded, then frowned, "Once I've seen the spiders safe, I'll step back inside... Might want to keep the sword ready, all the same, though. If you like, I can hold onto it, and be ready in case something happens before you get back."

Anja wrote:"He will still gloat the bastard. I should learn to heal my own wounds but I have never had much of a talent for it."
Jeffry grumble.
"But yes I am glad we have a skilled healer and I know he will gladly do the job...it is just he is Verbena."
He said with a slight wry smile.
He chuckled, "Well, consider this, he probably had to eat a far older and tougher crow when he acknowledged out loud that you and Adley are good people... But don't let him know I told you."

Anja wrote:Poodle danced joyfully around the match.
"They tossed their fuzz at the mean spirit that tried to attack, she is a meanie and they tossed hair at her."
He said as he danced and the little spiderlings worked on repairing the floor now happy to fulfill their tasks.
"Their mother is a guardian spirit perhaps they have a bit of her task in them."
Poodle commented.
"Me and my brethren hid our Master told us to."
He smiled and reached out with his free hand to give one of the spider spirits a little scritch on the back, "They're brave little guys... And I suppose you're right."
He waited until the match burned his fingers, and then lit the last one, "Here, enjoy it while it lasts; once it has burned down, I must join Master's apprentice behind the ward. I don't know if you guys can follow me there, and I know I can't invite you inside it."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri May 03, 2019 3:47 pm

[Steelhaven]

Colin nodded, "A kid named Shawn. He's got some... oracular ability; he can tap into the, hm, subconscious of vampire society as a whole, and advise us on the general ebb and flow of their doings, as well as some... more specific situations. It's a little bit complicated, though."

"That sounds almost like a very thin blooded vampire, I have been told about them by my contact they are generally despised by other vampires as bad omens...I wonder who got Jeffry talked into letting him stay, but I can see how he could be useful."
Narim said and nodded.

He frowned, voice lowered a little, "I'm not sure if Jace knows about that whole mess, but yes... and I suspect the Screamer is a trapped Psychopomp, and the forest is a store of... extricated pineal glands, sealed in Primium. That remains, of course, to be proven, but the hypothesis does hold up next to all the evidence I've heard and seen so far."

"Well that is disturbing, extracted pineal glands eh?"
The Virtual Adept said and shivered.
"If so that whole operation needs to be shut down!"
He declared.
"Whatever or not Wallace Jace have anything to do with it."

He grinned, "Upstart Orphan dueling a veteran Flambeau Master over the right to a specific role at a wedding? I think the Chantry could sell tickets and cover the electric and cable bill for the next year."

"While I do suspect you are right Mr Wainwright that we could sell tickes I do think Jeffry might be to private to do that."
Narim said and he sounded a bit amused.

He arched an eyebrow, "I thought that was only when a reckless EPA agent cut power to a device he couldn't understand?"

"Well there is that but also in the cartoons and comic books ghosts escape all the time. Ah...I might have had my idea of what a Etherite should be a bit colored by Ghostbusters which my Mentor let me watch at times after my studies."
The Virtual Adept said sounding a bit amused.

He nodded, "I suppose one must allow for a little... enthusiastic misunderstanding at times. They're good kids, though, for want of a better term. Most of them, at any rate."

"Well they are imps so you have to expect a bit of mischief."
Jeffry said sounding amused it was clear he loved the little spirits and saw them about like someone would see a loyal pet.

He nodded thoughtfully, "Oh, we're going to have to tear Jace apart, regardless of whether he gets to hurt any more people, he's behind the plague, too..."

"That I know that he was the one who made it, Mr Yager even saw the meeting between him and Mr Dhal in Miss Sinclair's mind, and yes there are ways to destroy a ghost."
The old Hermetic said darkly.

He nodded, "Let me talk to him first... I believe it's time Cava learned of her... father. She and Miss Sinclair are in danger while Jace remains at large, and possibly more so if they both remain ignorant of the situation... but I won't go over Master Haagen's head with the issue. If necessary, I'll trade him a secret for his consent, though I'd prefer to avoid that option... And you yourself told me that was the only key to Jace's lab, as we could extricate from Eric Dhal after we captured him. That was after we'd tried less... ruthless options."

"Off course Master Haagen is the girl's Mentor you should speak with him and I think she knows a little about her origins, she knows she was created but she do not know it all."
Jeffry said and nodded.
"I do not think it would be easy to convince the man though this could traumatize the child, I wonder what secret you think would get him to agree though it is probably not something we should discuss in the hallway."
The Security Chief commented.
"At least it seams the future say we get Dhal eventually and hopefully we can get more than one bit of information out of him. However we do need to find and get into Jace's lab so we will need to do what we have to do I just wish we could find a way which would not harm little Cava."

He nodded, then frowned, "Once I've seen the spiders safe, I'll step back inside... Might want to keep the sword ready, all the same, though. If you like, I can hold onto it, and be ready in case something happens before you get back."

"Hum...well perhaps, it might not be a bad idea at least but I do not wish to alarm anyone at the Chantry...as for checking on Adley and my Cabalmate, thank you."
Jeffry said and nodded.

He chuckled, "Well, consider this, he probably had to eat a far older and tougher crow when he acknowledged out loud that you and Adley are good people... But don't let him know I told you."

"Oh my lips are sealed."
Jeffry said sounding amused.
"But yes he probably did not like to admit that and truth to be told he is not so bad either...for a former Diedne Verbena that is."
He added wryly.

He smiled and reached out with his free hand to give one of the spider spirits a little scritch on the back, "They're brave little guys... And I suppose you're right."
He waited until the match burned his fingers, and then lit the last one, "Here, enjoy it while it lasts; once it has burned down, I must join Master's apprentice behind the ward. I don't know if you guys can follow me there, and I know I can't invite you inside it."

The spider you touched turned to look at you stomped it's tiny feet a few times and continued it's job. Poodle dances at the match burned.
"Fire...fire..."
He sang he had completely forgotten about the spiderlings by now.
"We can not go beyond the wall, the wall keep us out."
He said as he danced.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole Bouchard Fri May 03, 2019 4:50 pm

[Council Chamber]

Anja's Post:

'Was thinking the other way around; Serge's way is more subtle and has lower chance of fuck-up.'

Serge's Post:

'Look...' the Etherite interrupted, just as Serge began his stuff '-is this gonna take long? 'Cos if it is, could it wait 'till we've done everything else here?'

[Trying to fork the scene a little, because there's no way in hell Nicole's going to sit there for 15 minutes waiting to see if Serge is successful or not. Especially when time is limited. We can simply say the part where Serge makes the attempt is at the end of the meeting?]
Nicole Bouchard
Nicole Bouchard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next