Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

+2
Jaq
Ashan101
6 posters

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Adley Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:42 am

It is the matter of keeping alert, of paying attention to openings and fallback positions under any and all circumstances, not only to stick to a plan, but to be able to throw the plan out the window in parts or in its entirety as the situation demands. I would, in fact, propose reading Sun Tzu's Art of War in that respect - the processes can easily be applied to almost any type of situation."

That made sense. It was good to have a plan and to know what you were getting into but you had to be able to make adjustments. It was why there were two pillars and the path was between them, not directed at one or the other. "I'm sure there is a copy of that book in the library."

Since we seem to be lacking such a helicopter, I propose we simply do our best to dive for cover and return fire as called for by the situation."

"Somehow I don't think a helicopter would be very subtle," he said with a small smile back. "I propose that we set up some cross training at some point. See if it is fruitful at all."

What is perhaps more important is the fact that an Avatar can become corrupted and twisted by some malicious process - and that it is apparently considered irreversible, a stance I find conspicuous.

"It is what I initially had learned, that it is a particular horror of the Nephandi to be able to do this to an avatar. And it should be stated that it is done by the person willingly, they go through a process to make their avatars fall of their own volition, and from that point, it is reincarnated as fallen and are known as widderslainte. Most widderslainte are not like Beatrice. They are generally thought to become Nephandi as they grow up."

Adley adjusted his posture and then nodded to Colin as he spoke about the Deacon Primus. "I was not satisfied...not with that outcome, not with the state of her avatar and so I asked him if he could tell me what he might know about other methods. Unless gilgul is the best option there is, and I am of divided opinion as to what best means and best for whom, I would prefer to try something else first. What I have learned though not much but some options have the potential to compound the danger she presents. Still, I would rather try than not try, at least if we get the chance.

"Of what I was told, there are three options the Deacon knew of aside from gilgul, which destroys the avatar. Please bare in mind that I only have the briefest of understandings of these myself. The first I would decline to consider, given it presents increased danger. It would be to help Beatrice to become something known as an Exemplar. Apparently becoming an Exemplar means you cannot ascend nor would the avatar reincarnate, but instead the two merge together into one being. However, this means that if the avatar's will was stronger, or simply by the nature of the taint, it might mean creating a very powerful and evil Exemplar. The second option was to find a way to remove her avatar and place it in something called a phylactery, which would protect her from its influence and allow her to work magick but would also be painful and rather dangerous to her if the process went wrong.

The third option...was to find a way to cleanse the avatar...that is the hardest of all. You question if something that is done cannot be undone and I was told that there are no absolutes in our world, yet possibility is not the same as practical knowledge of how to accomplish something of that scale. But as it turns out, there is one mage who supposedly had their avatar cleansed with the help of her cabal. I have requested that the Deacon try to put us in contact with them." He frowned. "Unfortunately,  though the mage's avatar was checked by several others and found to be clean, she was still given the gilgul rite upon judgement of Dominic Veran D'Angelo."

Adley

Back to top Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Warpmind Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:36 pm

Colin nodded and rose, walking over to the workbench to pick the silver rings out of their molds. "Perhaps an unaware and unattended Widderslainte will inevitably fall to darkness; I won't challenge that assumption - if you don't know where certain urges and ideas come from, they're far harder to resist. A known source is simpler, though not necessarily easier, to hold at bay."
Placing the plain rings into a tiny box on the workbench, he pondered, "As for those methods proposed... I'm not certain the first option you mentioned would be appropriate, or even safe. You said an Exemplar becomes unable to Ascend or Reincarnate? In other words, a sort of immortal being? I suspect her Avatar would resist that very much. At least if her paintings are any indication. You did notice them, did you not?"
Sitting back down in his chair, he continued, "As for the second option - sounds rather like Lichdom as presented in various fictions. But I suppose those ideas and words had to come from somewhere. I presume the intent of that is to safely separate Beatrice from her Avatar so that she can keep it bottled for an eventual gilgul after her preferably natural death? That might prove the easiest solution outside of, well, magically spaying her. The third option... seems the most ideal to strive for. If it is at all possible to revert the damage of the previous incarnation, it must be attempted, at least. So let us try to help Beatrice do that, and keep her away from anyone named D'Angelo, shall we?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:27 pm

"That is what I was told, that the process of becoming an Exemplar removes the option to ascend...or in her case, descend, or to reincarnate. Yes I can't say I think much of that option myself. It's too dangerous. The second sounds plausible though difficult. The third is the one that I would choose, given all the time and knowledge we might need. I would try to learn about both the second and third option, given that they both likely will take a great deal of effort to achieve. To put it in perspective, these are not things that we might accomplish without many years and great dedication...the other trick will be to somehow manage societal affairs while it is embarked upon," he agreed. He looked thoughtful. "This is of course largely dependent on Beatrice herself as well." He paused. "I have not yet talked with my mentor about this; he and I are often of the same mind though he may be more pragmatic than I in this case. I fully believe that he will do his utmost to do as he has said, up until it should compromise our security or break the law."

He shook his head. "I'm not one to withhold important information but I do not want to give Beatrice a false hope without more concrete information. Things are shifting quickly as we navigate this quicksand and I don't see any steady ground in sight. We'll have to coordinate as best we can." He stood up, glancing at the workbench, the rings and then back to Colin. "I'm going to talk to her in the morning about learning a practical technique called the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. It is quite widely known and utilized and has many potential uses. It should help her if nothing else keep herself focused through all of this and perhaps stave off unintentional consequences due to overuse of her magick. You are welcome to try to learn it as well if you wish, unless you already do know it of course. Perhaps then we can then decide if it is the right time to tell her what we've learned."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:44 am

Colin nodded, thoughtfully. "Agreed; informing her of possibilities is one thing, but false hopes... That's at best a dangerous line to tread. I do agree with your assessment of Chief Morgan, in that he'll keep his word until it crosses the law. That, as it happens, may be one of the best defenses Beatrice has at this point; as the head of security at Steelhaven, any attempt on Beatrice will by necessity go through him unless they're prepared to risk their own life and limb to get to her. And if that should be the case..."
Colin fished out the two primium bullets from his pocket and looked at them, then glanced at the case holding his own pistol.
"Well, let us hope it doesn't come to that - I am prepared to go to extremes to defend myself and my own, come Hell or high water."
He opened the case and put the bullets inside, trapping them in a foam-rubber cushion.
"As for this ritual of which you speak, I'm afraid I'm not entirely familiar with that one, I believe. Or perhaps I do know it, only not by that name. I should like to attend the lesson. For now, I still have some work to do and a few errands to run before the day comes to an end, and I expect you have the same. At what time do you expect you'll be here to teach Beatrice and myself this... Lesser Banishing?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:57 am

"So we shall see what this cabal has to say about their lost member, if they will even speak with us after their tragedy. Perhaps they will be sympathetic to the situation, as they have many similarities." He frowned at Colin as he broke off his words, leaving a silence between his thoughts where Adley noted actions. He truly hoped that the two were not wholly linked in Colin's mind; they too were not above the law and such an action would have repercussions not only for them but the entire Chantry, perhaps further. It might in fact only work to the worst cross-purpose that he could imagine, making a martyr of the judges. "Then let our defense as well as our Intent stay on the path that we have chosen and not take a lesser one that may reap only more strife in its wake. I would not lose you to an extreme action that would bear little in the way of the changes we want to manifest. Your loyalty and care are, I feel, of a higher mind than that."

"Yes, I have quite a bit to do before I leave myself. Thank you for your hospitality and allowing me into your working space, Colin." He looked thoughtful. "I was not going to mention it to her until I saw her at breakfast tomorrow, though if I see her before I leave I might ask. I tend to wake at dawn, which I have found is not suitable for everyone," he smiled a little. "As the ritual can be done with benefit before retiring, I expect it would be sometime in the evening. I will have to see what the open times are in the ritual chamber, unless you are comfortable here and would accept our presence.  I would not presume. You should wear comfortable clothing, nothing restrictive and if you have a knife or sword that you use for your work, that will be useful. I will contact you when I have a more specific time. I shall see you later, good afternoon." He gave him a short bow and then walked around the circle again as he made his way back towards the door and up to the shop, heading back to the Chantry.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:16 am

Adley you make it back to the Chantry there is the usual activity at the time, here and there where mages discussing with one another or heading somewhere, in a hurry or leisurely walking. You notice that the second degrees from Lux Itineris have arrived and are being ushered in from the garage by Hildegaard.
"Ah yes Mr Adelsmith, I will inform Master Morgan that you are here, if you would make yourself at home in our common room while you wait."
The Chorister said to a large, man with short, unruly blond hair, blue eyes and sun tanned skin. Adley know the man barely having had him pointed out to him Danny Adlesmith was a second degree initiate into House Flambeau, and he was extremely powerful. Many true mages underestimated Hedge Wizards, and while it was true that they lacked a True mage's flexibility and infinite potential, that did not mean the arts they did practice could not be powerful. Danny was a fire elementalist of the finest sort, and if no sleeper watched him work he could probably rival at least an Adept or perhaps even a lesser master in pure destructive force, but off course unlike an Awakened Adept he could not turn around and then use his fire magic to lift a lost child out of harms way or call a storm, but in his own way Danny was magically extremely potent, if the other four was his equal than Lux Itineris had indeed sent their best.

On the stairs watching the Hermetic second degrees come in Adley would notice Steelhaven's own Hedge Wizards, the Hermetics probably drawing quite a bit of curiosity from them. Steelhaven did not have many unawakened magi. There where Anton von Hess, an initiated Son of Ether, a tall lanky man with thin, black hair and a beak of a nose who even if he lacked physical beauty had intelligence enough to make up for it shine out of his intense, dark blue eyes. Beside him stood his wife, Julia, the only Hermetic second degree Steelhaven had, though Julia was a bit of a special case. Julia was a psychic, which really is a Hedge Wizard just using less ritualistic methods, a expert dowser who's skills where great enough that she was offered entry into House Ex Miscellanea as a special case. Ex Miscellanea at times took in exceptional talent, both Awakened and Hedge Wizard who had not gone the rote of Hermetic training, just to get that talent into the Tradition. Julia von Hess was partly hiding behind her husband, while she never spoke of it, the Chantry she had lived at before had mistreated her and she now was nervous and skittish. Henrietta Day was a Hollow One that none had even known where a Hedge Wizard as her ehm...Tradition had little knowledge of the difference, until someone used magick to analyze her workings, and Henrietta herself certainly did not care, to her magic was magic and she cared little what category it fit into. The last of the Hedge Wizards where not a member of Steelhaven or the Traditions, Allison White was just a ritualistic Hedge Wizard who had been offered access to the library and the protection a Chantry brought in exchange for being George Steelhaven's personal assistant. All four of Steelhaven's Hedge Wizards now watched the Hermetics arrive with great interest.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:03 pm

Colin shook his head. "I have no desire to use those two bullets on a fellow Mage, for any reason. However, as a matter of personal defense against an unlawful assault, I will use whatever means necessary. Like I said, let us hope it doesn't come to that; I would far prefer to resolve matters without outright hostilities."
Looking around the room, he added, "I do believe the common ritual chamber to be best suited - after all, I do not particularly care for having, well, unfamiliar magic used in the heart of my personal Sanctum. It would be a bit too... intimate for comfort, I suppose, rather like someone storing their undergarments in my undergarment drawer."
Colin winked, "As for rising at dawn, I can assure you, the sun does not conform to my strict schedule. In summer or winter, I rise at seven, without fail. I'm afraid I rather got into the habit of sleeping in a little after my honorable discharge. I normally go for a morning run immediately after, but that is negotiable once or twice a week. Whenever it is convenient for you both."

As Adley left, Colin pondered, "A knife or sword, hmmm..."
((OOC: Making a ritual blade - would that be Int+Crafts or Dex+Crafts?))

Mentally planning out the measurements and basic decorations of a blade, Colin placed the two primium bullets in his little safe and locked the door. Then he made the last necessary copies of IDs on the little scanner/printer in the shop, and headed to the police station to file his concealed-carry application before heading back to attempt to forge a dagger.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:20 pm

(OOC: Crafting the blade itself would be dexterity and crafts. You might want to do a intelligence roll to do research on it first but if you just want a basic ritual blade that it is craft and dexterity, anything other than basic you will need to do research on though.)

At the police station the same woman was in the counter Colin went to to deliver his paper work as this morning, the woman gave a bit of a tired smile to the mage when it was his turn. Colin did not have to wait in line very long, there was not that many people in the police station this afternoon so he manages to deliver the paper work in about five minutes and is back in his workshop in fifteen minutes.

How will you be baking the blade? If you are smithing it then that will be hard to get done by next morning, using a mold to cast it however could work depending on whatever or not you have a good mold for it. Now you do have basic molds for decorative knives, and they will work but if you want something more detailed then making the mold will take some time.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:00 pm

((OOC: On such short notice? Definitely cast in a mold - however, there'll be a couple of gems in the handle; an amethyst for a clear head, a bit of jade for protection, a lapis lazuli to ward off fear and error, that sort of thing. Which skill would be appropriate for research? Presumably, not pure Intelligence? I'm thinking either Int+Academics or Int+Occult - probably the latter...))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:09 pm

(OOC: Yeah for research it would be Intelligence plus Occult unless you have some secondary abilities that fit better, such as stone lore for example, but yes if you just want a plain silver dagger with a few gems in the handle then dex plus crafts, and if you want anything more detailed and symbolic then do a intelligence plus occult roll first, however if you are doing research first you will probably not finish the project by tomorrow morning.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:16 pm

((OOC: Plain blade and a couple of the best-known gems in the handle it is; bit of a rush job for the occasion, a proper Focus can be crafted later. Dex + Crafts comes up as 1, 1, 5, 6, 7, 9... that's, um... not exactly a stellar result. Razz ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:34 pm

(OOC: One success well that becomes very much of a rush job, you will be able to make the blade, it will work for the ritual but it do not exactly turn out looking refined, setting the stones takes to long so you do not have the time to work properly on the blade. The result is not terrible, but it is not a piece for you to be proud of either.)

As you work with your blade you notice on your surveillance screens that a tall, fair haired man comes in to talk with your clerk, you recognize Amadeus, as he speaks with your employee, he have a small, old looking wooden box with him and as your clerk seam to tell him that you are working he leaves a small business card and turns to leave.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Colin drops his attention from the rush work quickly strides from the workshop and up the stairs. "Mister Amadeus, an unexpected honor to see you here. I was just going for a small tea break. Unless you have pressing business, perhaps you would like to join me?"

((OOC: The blade will quite obviously be rather sloppy either way - half an hour for tea and conversation won't add or detract much, no? Wink ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:06 pm

Amadeus turn and gave a polite smile and nods.
"Ah Mr Wainwright. I did not mean to disturb your work, but tea would be nice yes."
The old Verbena said.
"Would you like to have tea here or at Steelhaven?"
Amadeus said.
"I do have a piece of custom work I would like to discuss with you though, unless you mind discussing work during your tea break."

(OOC: Half an hour break will not matter for making the blade, like your said it would not turn out great in either case.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:02 pm

Colin gave the older Mage a polite smile, "Actually, there's a small café across the road of which I've grown rather fond. Unless it is of a more personal matter you'd rather not have aired in public..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:02 pm

Colin shook his head. "I have no desire to use those two bullets on a fellow Mage, for any reason. However, as a matter of personal defense against an unlawful assault, I will use whatever means necessary. Like I said, let us hope it doesn't come to that; I would far prefer to resolve matters without outright hostilities."

"So would I; the more breaks between us, the more our enemies can exploit."

Looking around the room, he added, "I do believe the common ritual chamber to be best suited - after all, I do not particularly care for having, well, unfamiliar magic used in the heart of my personal Sanctum. It would be a bit too... intimate for comfort, I suppose, rather like someone storing their undergarments in my undergarment drawer."

He looked amused at the metaphor and then nodded. "Very well I will look and see what times are available. I understand the desire for a private working area. I don't often have guests in my quarters for the same reason."

Colin winked, "As for rising at dawn, I can assure you, the sun does not conform to my strict schedule. In summer or winter, I rise at seven, without fail. I'm afraid I rather got into the habit of sleeping in a little after my honorable discharge. I normally go for a morning run immediately after, but that is negotiable once or twice a week. Whenever it is convenient for you both."

"It seems we have some similar habits. I enjoy running in the morning as well, Boston does seem to be a city for it. Very well, I'll see what Beatrice says regarding time in conjunction with availability of the space."

When Adley found himself back in the Chantry, he took a look at everyone in the impromptu greeting party and nodded at anyone that noticed him in return. He heard Hildegaard speaking to one of the zelators and approached the pair. Though time was getting on it would be more than rude not to greet the students that were there to assist them. "Good afternoon to you both; Adepta Majoris Gottschalk, I can take them to the common room to await Master Morgan if you wish." He turned to Danny. "Thank you for coming. It is good to see you, Mr Adlesmith though I wish the circumstances of your visit were better. I am Adley Roth Hicks, Initiate Exemptus, bani Flambeau, filius Jeffry Amaris Morgan. If you and the other students would come this way." He gestured towards the way to the common area where there would be more room for them.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:30 pm

Hildegaard smiles to Adley and nods.
"Thank you Mr Roth Hicks."
The old Chorister say then she gave the second degrees a nod.
"I will inform Master Morgan of your arrival, last I saw him he was talking with a potential new member to our Chantry, i assure you that he will be with you shortly, Good day Mr Adlesmith."
Hildegaard said before she headed towards Jeffry Morgan's office.

Danny Adlesmith gave Adley a smile before he nodded.
"Ah yes, Mr Roth Hicks, I do believe we have met in passing."
The Hedge Wizard said as he followed the young mage towards the common area, the other four second degrees taking their cues from him.
"Yes from what we where told the Nephandi have caused some issues with your Node? That is a terrible business, it was wise to get our help though, perhaps me and my associates' limitations will be a boon this day, as we do not use Quintessence directly and are less vulnerable to Resonance as you call it, less vulnerable do not mean immune though so I do hope a guard rotation is planned so we can get out of the corrupted areas and do workings to cleanse ourselves between shifts."
The elementalist said as he and the rest entered the common room, there where no one else there at the moment, though from the food smells that permeated the room it was not that long ago since someone had enjoyed their lunch there.
"Oh yes how horribly rude of me, let me introduce my team, this is Cloe Jennings Bani Flambeau, Ivan Moore Bani Tytalus, Willmar Adeel Beni Bonisagus and Sue Nilwater also Bani Flambeau."
Danny said and presented the other Hedge Wizards one by one, each of them giving a nod of greeting to Adley as their name was mentioned, Danny then grinned and glanced out the door towards the staircase where Steelhaven's curious Hedge Wizard population was still gathered.
"We seam to have created a stir among your own unawakened magi Sodalis."
Danny said smile.
"Are they not used to seeing their own kind?"

Well no they where not, now generally unless one did a working to see how a spell functioned it was not easy to separate a true mage from a hedge wizard at glance, but when such a status was known, few other Traditions but the Order of Hermes treated their unawakened as such a treasured resource, in fact through Danny was a second degree, his raw magical talent made him of a fairly high rank and earned him respect unlike any of his kind would get in other Traditions. Most of the Traditions had Hedge Wizard members, but they where generally looked down on, in the Order of Hermes while they where not valued as high as an Awakened Mage, a Master of the linear arts where highly respected and highly trained, it was not strange that the others of their kind found them fascinating.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:36 pm

Amadeus smiles to Colin.
"A small cafe you say, very well Mr Wainwright, the matter I wish to discuss is personal as such, but unless the place is very crowded, I think it should be acceptable. I wish to discuss the repairs of this ritual sickle."
The old mage opened the box, inside, resting on red velvet was a very old silver folding sickle, the weapon was black with age, but it was very well made, the tip was bent and the black corrosion had all but obscured the many symbols etched in a complex pattern along the blade. The handle of the sickle was made of black wood that had begun to feel the touch of time, the piece was very old but must have been beautiful when it was new and polished.
"I would speak about it, but I do not know if your maid servant is one who's ears you want to hear details about our society."
The old Verbena said as he showed Colin the old sickle.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:45 pm

Colin looked with a bit of awe at the old blade. "Quite right, quite right... hm... Best discuss this where I have the proper tools to look at it, actually... Miss Jones, would you kindly order over a double of the usual stack of sandwiches and a thermos of the Earl Grey? I'll be taking my tea in the workshop. Please, Mister Amadeus, if you'll join me in my little Sanctum?"
Colin bowed slightly and indicated the stairs down, carefully closing the lid and gripping the box firmly.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:06 pm

Colin your clerk looks curious for a moment but then she merely stands and say.
"Off course Mr Wainwright right away."
Before she picked up the phone to make the order of food and tea, she had never been one to ask to many questions.

The old Verbena nodded and walked down the stairs into Colin's workshop he waited for the younger mage to close the door before he spoke.
"That sickle was used as a foci by my own mentor Mr Wainwright, and I used it as well when I was young, before I changed to focus of my magickal practice from Druidery to blood magick."
Amadeus sigh, he run his fingers gently over the old blade with a soft smile.
"I wanted to have this restored and give it to my apprentice when she passed the test to become an Adept...however now that there seam there is a good chance she will..."
The old mage swallowed hard and looked away.
"Never reach that far, I wanted to do it now, I want Beatrice to hold a tool used in the magick practiced by her initiatory ancestors, and I want her to know I accept her as my apprentice no matter what her Avatar is. Now Mr Wainwright I have seen some of your works and you are good, and while the sickle itself is not magickal, with the symbols carved into it and it's history I would prefer it be worked on by another mage."
Amadeus said as he looked at Colin with those pale eyes of his.
"I hope Beatrice might one day present this blade to her own apprentice, but if that is not to be, at least I can make her feel accepted by her own lineage."
Amadeus drew a deep breath then he said in a more business like tone.
"So Mr Wainwright do you think you can repair the sickle?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Colin flicked up a few of his monocles, using a few of his analytical rotes for looking a bit closer at the fine engravings, obscured by grime though they were. "I do believe I can straighten out the blade and, hm, refresh the engravings. The cleaning, of course, should be the simplest part - a muriatic acid bath should work wonders, figuratively speaking. I should, however, like a separate drawing of the engravings on the blade, to ensure I don't make an embarrassing mistake. The handle... I'm afraid I shall have to replace it in its entirety. Under other circumstances, I might suggest a plastic replacement for the sheer flexibility of the material, but that would be remarkably tacky for this. It will certainly take a few days, but yes, I do believe I can make this as fine as it was in its early years. I will, however, need a few days to do so, but I expect we will be able to protect Beatrice for that long, at least."
Making a few notes on an order form, he added, "As it happens, I do have some assorted hardwood and natural rubber that might serve exceedingly well, as well as perhaps a number of appropriate gemstones that might be embedded in the grip for decoration as well as their, hm, esoterical properties. I'm afraid I won't be quite able to get started until tomorrow morning, but seeing as this is for Beatrice, I am prepared to do this at cost. I, too, have developed rather a fondness for the dear girl. Nothing untoward, of course - she's like the niece I never had."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:09 pm

A potential new member of the Chantry...well, he supposed he would find out more about that soon enough. He looked at Mr Adlesmith and then nodded as he spoke about the node and their reason for arriving. He was glad that Lux Iternis had sent their best, or at least one of them, as he could not vouch for the others as yet but felt they were likely capable as well. Still, that they had sent a strong elementalist was welcome news. "Yes, I had thought that together with the Chief of Security, we would be able to set up an adequate time schedule and include rotations for the duration of your services." He looked at each of the team as they were introduced and nodded with a small smile, taking mental note of their names and associated Houses. "Welcome to Steelhaven."

Danny then grinned and glanced out the door towards the staircase where Steelhaven's curious Hedge Wizard population was still gathered."We seam to have created a stir among your own unawakened magi Sodalis."Danny said smile. "Are they not used to seeing their own kind?"

"You must forgive their open curiosity; we do not have very many members who utilize the linear paths here currently. And it is not every day that we have five of such wizards from another Chantry visiting us in tandem." Nor was it every day that that team of five were going to help them manage their resources after a hit. "If I recall Mr Adlesmith your specialty is fire elementalism, is that correct?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:02 pm

Colin: Amadeus nodded as Colin spoke about what could be done to repair his sickle.
"Good, now as for the engravings, I imagined you would ask for details so I have with me drawings of the original designs."
The old mage said and produced a pieced of paper with detailed illustrations of the sickle's engravings.
"If possible I would also like you to include this symbol here."
The Verbena said and produced another piece of paper that showed simple spirals with a curved line going though them.
"Beatrice's personal symbol."
Amadeus explained then he pointed to two of the other symbols on the blade.
"This was my mentor's sigil, and this is mine, I want my apprentice's symbol represented as well."
The Verbena said then he nodded to what Colin said about the rest of the restoration.
"Yes I want wood, not plastic, for many of my Tradition non natural materials interfere with our magick, the type of wood is of some important though, my mentor was a Druid her handle was white oak, when I received the sickle the handle was redone in Fir, a tree I am more connected to, for Beatrice though...yew is the wood that would suit her nature."
The old mage said then he smiles slightly when Colin spoke of his fondness for Beatrice.
"I am glad Wainwright, that she have made friends that will stay with her despite of what she is. I hope you will forgive my order that she keep her condition from the rest of you, I did not want her shunned, many will hate her for what she is, I am glad she do not, she will need friends in the times ahead, no matter how thing go, and especially if she can not be saved, she will need friends to stand with her as her punishment draws close, I can imagine no greater terror than what they will do to her, unless we can manage to stop them."
The old Verbena said his hands balling up into fists.
"No...Mr Wainwright, you are a craftsman, smiths of any kind where revered in the societies that spawned my Tradition, I will want to pay you for your time and effort, just make sure to make a piece to give comfort to my apprentice if these are her final days, and that will give her strength if she is saves and can continue her life as a Verbena witch."
The old mage added then he considered.
"Hum...I have never worked with gemstones much, and I have preferred to keep my ritual knives fairly simple, remember we open our own veins with them Mr Wainwright, we need to be able to keep them perfectly clean, healing infections always risks Paradox."

Adley: Danny nods to what you say about working with Chief Morgan to set up a guard schedule.
"That sounds like an acceptable arrangement, we should be able to work magick near your Node for quite a while before we need to leave, as we are not able to work with it directly, feel it yes, I can feel the presences of a Node, but like most linear powers ours need refined vis to be able to function, I fear our half sleeping Gifts are not able to work directly with the Quintessence pool like yours are, I can understand working with energies so directly intellectually...but still not fully grasp it, and I assume there is where I fail, but then for this situation that weakness is a strength. I will work out with your people how the rotations should be done."
The fire elementalist said then he smiles when the topic of the other Hedge Wizards where brought up.
"Ah no need to apologize, I understand them, I am lucky to have been accepted into the Order of Hermes where I am treated as a magi, many of my kind are not as fortunate, if your Chantry mages wish to speak with us, we do not mind."
The Hedge Wizard said then he nodded.
"Yes I am a fire elementalist, that is correct, I also study a few other Paths, but I have chosen to focus on manipulating and creating flames. As for the others Cloe and Sue are my apprentices on the same Path as I and are also fire elementslists, Wilmar is a quite powerful alchemist and also uses potions and concoctions in his magic, and Ivan takes after his House's long lost Mater that they share with the lost House Tremere and is a necromancer, his spirit friends can be quite the aid in a fight, also he specialize in corrupted energies and will know when it is time for one of us to go and cleanse themselves."
Danny explained about his teammates.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:28 pm

Colin nodded and carefully placed the sickle back in the box and opened a small book on woodcrafting.
"Very good. I'm afraid I don't have any yew in stock... ah, yes, it's a softwood; I can order it in easily enough, but it will take a few days. As for the gemstones, I understand your concern perfectly. I still recommend a few lines of, say, gutta-percha or similar in the grip; it is an entirely natural material - a natural latex - and it actually improves the grip when it becomes moistened by sweat or... other liquids. In fact, I have a small block of it here..."
Colin opened a slightly padded box with a rough, darkish brick of a rubbery material. "If you would like to inspect it to ensure it is entirely natural, then be my guest, just... ah, try not to bleed in my workshop, or on my materials."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:43 pm

Amadeus took the block carefully and held it in his hands, he said nothing nor did he move but a mage this old should be able use quite a bit of his magick just using his mind, it varied though how tied down to ones focus and methods a given mage was.
"I assure you Mr Wainwright, I can sense a material's natural energies without the need for ritual or...bleeding on anything."
The old Verbena said then he returned the block to it's box.
"It is material from a tree, I would say an Asian tree...Palaquiums I think, yes I see no problem using this material, my lineage have generally used a system of tree lore spanning species found on the British Isles, but the energies of a tree from outside this system should not disturb the sickle."
The old mage muttered.
"It is a most interesting material, I have to admit though that my sensitivity to plants have diminished after started using blood as my main focus, my old mentor would not be pleased, not pleased at all."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum