Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

+2
Jaq
Ashan101
6 posters

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next

Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 16 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:31 am

Colin:

Freddy grins and shakes her head.
"I am only a Disciple so not many apprentices are I am afraid and not for a long while either, I would have to reach Adept first."
The Technomancer nodded as she spoke in the phone.
"What if we where to just pass on by, not really something the doorman would notice...could you do that? Okey great."
Freddy said to the others in the car.
"Yeah Ingmar say that he can do that, he say Adjan is better at it but since he is not here, he can do a decent job of it."
The Virtual Adept said and held the line in case someone had something more to add before she hung up on the Verbena on the other end of the line.

Adley:

"Only time will tell; though if that can be said, then dishonestly will also be paid back in time. And if we can manage to keep forestalling her and build our case with smaller steps and a clear goal I would prefer to do that. I myself am not a politician nor do I have a desire to be one- but I understand a battle when I see it."

George nodded and he gave a slight smile.
"I agree, if the girl can be protected this way, then that is a better path, the question is just, can we buy enough time to be able to lowly build our case?"
The ancient mage sigh.
"And yes both honor and shame Mr Roch Hicks tend to pay us back in the end."

For a moment he looked a touch amused but some of the earlier heaviness left him as well. "I am not sure that my mentor would want me to have been taken to another House and so employed," he said, teasing lightly. It was written that an apprentice could be taken by an Bonisagus, though it hardly ever happened. "Though I am glad to know some of my actions today uphold what he has bestowed upon me," he added with a more serious tone.

George was a slight laugh, he had a nice laugher, honest and melodious.
"Ah...no I think that to try take you from your mentor would result in something burning down."
He said and grinned but he quickly got more serious again.
"Your heart is in the right place Adley, you make mistakes just like all the rest of us, but remember that, you are a good man Mr Roth Hicks, take responsibility for your mistakes yes, but do not judge yourself far harsher than anyone else would."
The ancient mage kindly.

"I am also thinking tactically - if she will be looking for any opportunity to use to make her accusation, the truth will pan out that she is acting inappropriately. And if it show's Beatrice's reactions to her, it may draw sympathy and reveal the abuse of the power dynamic that she carries with her title, which we can leverage.

"That it may, the question is just how quickly D'Angelo will strike and how dirty her means are for whatever that sympathy and proof that she is out of line will come quickly enough to save your Verbena Cabalmate or not."
George said in a concerned tone of voice.
"We can use it against her yes, and she know that when she moves the rest will be a loss of position, perhaps even her own arrest but since she from her own words seams willing to risk that, we need a way to shut down her plan before she can fully act on it, and to gather enough support against her before she can carry out her plan, that will not be easy.

I will have to review the document, see where she is likely to try to abuse the wording but she was quite adamant that she would find anything. Also it might prove some comfort for Beatrice to know that her actions, while watched, are also being guarded from blatant exploitation. I am not sure of this, as I am a private person and would not like such encroachment of my privacy but if my life were staked upon it, or that of another, then of course that is a different matter."

"I agree that going over the court documents with a fine toothed comb would be quite useful."
The old mage said then he nodded.
"I do not know if Miss Alexander would take comfort from being so scrutinized either, however I think that any mage would accept just about any medicine, bitter or sweet, to protect the life of their Avatar."
The old Guernicus muttered.

"Then that would be a lie. Beatrice has not done anything wrong. I have been with her for much of my time and if not myself then Colin. I am sure that both of us would at least be able to show an alibi for the last two days. Anything before that would require some assistance, someone with ars temporalis to prove. But I think that at a point, it would start to look desperate.

"I tend to find that everyone have done something wrong, often unknowingly and innocently if you just put them under enough scrutiny, if you are convinced someone are guilty you will find something they are guilty of, but yes, your Cabal and yourself can provide a good alibi for anything major and so can ars for times when you are not there. However it is the small things that worry me, the Protocols are not very precise, take the one about oath breaking for example. A mage's word is his honor, never break a sworn vow. Now here is our problem, we both understand the meaning of the law right, however listen to the letter of it, anything that you say you will do and are not able to can be seen as breaking a sworn vow, it is ridiculous yes, however it would not be the first time this particular major Protocol was used to go after someone politically, finding an insignificant thing promised and not kept, and then dragging a rival before a Tribunal over it."
George sigh then he begins to explain.
"There are two faction within Quaesitores, one the one I belonged to when I was a judge are called the Transitionalists, we belie that what should be followed are the meaning of the law, for example let us take the protocol about oath breaking, it is clear that the law is intended to be about general honesty and intentionally deceiving another and that for example if you where to promise your Cabal that you would go out with them for...oh what are it called...pizza oh yes, that if you promise you will go out with them for pizza and then your mentor give you an order to be the body guard of a visiting Bonisagus so you have to call them and cancel then you are not an oath breaker by this law. Now however the other faction, the Traditionalists the faction that Vittoia D'Angelo belong to, they believe it is the letter of the law that is important, no matter of intent or really what is just, they believe the important thing is to enforce the strict letter of the law, and by the letter of the law, if you have said you would go out and eat with your friends and then cancel on them as something comes up...that is a breach of the Protocol against oath breaking. Can you say that if we look at the strict lettering of the Protocols that you yourself or any of your Cabal, including Miss Alexander have never accidentally broken any of them? Now going after Miss Alexander over something trivial will get Vittoria in trouble but since she will be following the letter of the law, she can still demand that it is followed and enforce it for as long as she hold the rank of Enforcer withing the Traditions, as Quaesitors do. I have seen a young mage Branded when a Master of the Art had a grudge against that young willworker's mentor and got the younger mage sentenced on very weak grounds for a lesser slight against him invoking the Protocol of Respect those of greater knowledge, and he got a Traditionalist to sit in judgment over the case."
George said in a serious tone of voice.

As for how our observation might be done, though I would require assistance. someone who can use correspondence or perhaps make a pact with a spirit that might be given the task of watching and portraying the events, both of which are beyond my ability to do myself alone. I would be willing to be in debt for any of these and also it might be worded as a way to improve our security from a perceived threat, if my pater so allowed it."

"I could certainly ask one of my contracted spirits to watch Miss Alexander, but for any surveillance I would like your mentor's opinion, the security of this Chantry and it's members are his domain and he have never given me reason not to trust his expertise in the matter, as for the spacial arts, those are not my forte I am afraid, it have never been a part of reality that I have found easy to learn to control.

Later:

Beatrice gave Adley a concerned look as the Hermetic entered her chambers and she hurried to the kitchen and found a cup that she filled with tea and gave him.
"Adley, are you well?"
The young Verbena asked, she did not want to pry into the man's affairs, but the look in his eye concerned her greatly, she cared about the well being of her Cabalmates, and in particular Adley and Colin.

I'm sorry to call on you so late. A small measure of tea only, thank you."

"Do not be sorry, I was just trying to read I have found myself unable to sleep."
Beatrice said as she handed the other mage the teacup.
"Here you go."

"I do not have much time, there has been much that has occurred tonight.

"I have heard some of it, that we have a Technocrat prisoner among other things...where you involved with that? Are you injured?"
Beatrice asked in a worried tone of voice.

But as I tell you, I would like to review your court documents again, in light of some information that has come to me.

"My court documents? Yes off course..."
Beatrice said as she went to her safe and retrieved the document, her hands shaking a bit, she did not like that document, the reminder of what had happened...and of what could still happen. Beatrice handed the document to Adley before she sat down in one of her chairs.
"Here, but now please tell me what have you so...stressed, you have me worried my friend."
Beatrice said as she glanced at Adley and reached for her own cup of tea.

Things are moving swiftly in many directions but as much as we have been able, we have also been trying to prevent you from being unduly harmed.

Beatrice shuddered she looked down.
"I...see."
She muttered.
"I...well thank you for your and the other's help."
The Verbena said but her face turned even paler as she was reminded of how soon she might be. Beatrice closed her eyes for a moment and tried to calm herself though it did not work much.

Was Colin here earlier?"

"Yes he was, and I also had two other callers, apparently we have a new Chantry member, a Dreamspeaker, and a particularly strange one at that, quite nice, but strange, he had with his a Custos, a of all things, a wershark, I did not believe such a thing existed, but there he was, claiming I was ehm...wyrm tainted, though when the first tension where resolved he turned out to be quite nice. The Dreamspeaker though...I should have said I had three callers beside Colin, for his Avatar, is of the talkative sort, and I do not mean just with it's host, it kind of shocked me when the guy's Avatar was suddenly in the room with us, talking to us, I mean it was amazing and beautiful, but still, for me my Avatar is such a private part of me, to let others see it much less talk to it...would be extremely...well it is not something I really enjoy, and this Dreamspeaker just flashed his Avatar like if it was just another spirit."
Beatrice sounded quite shocked.
"But at the same time, to talk to such a creature was...well for a lack of a better term, magickal."
The young Verbena smiles then she turns serious.
"The Dreamspeaker then said that he could make my Avatar manifest the same way...and I wanted to, in a way, for I have never heard his voice, though it would be terribly ehm...intimate."
The young mage blushed though there where not much color that came to her cheeks.
"However I refused, I said such a decision should be left to my Cabal as I do not trust myself when it comes to my Avatar, if it started talking to me I am afraid it would influence me more."
Beatrice said as she looked down.
"So I will leave the decision on whatever or not to accept that offer up to you guys, that is safer I think."
The young Verbena said then she looked up again at Adley.
"In either case as we where talking Ryan came running, apparently some mage named Lisa who could manipulate chance where harassing Rosa and a guest she was sent to meet at the airport. Colin told me to inform your mentor and ordered me to stay behind, I felt rather useless but I did. They made it back alright though, but I have not had the chance to talk much with him about what happened yet."
Beatrice said then she suddenly smiles, a true, almost happy smile.
"Oh and that guest Rosa was sent to meet, she turned out to be my sister, one of Amadeus other apprentices, well his apprentice for a while at least, he could not teach her and found another mentor for her, but still we where students under the same mentor for a while. I have not seen her since I went to Horizon though...she know nothing about all the trouble that have been happening and I have no idea about how to tell her."
Beatrice sigh as she lean back in her chair.
"But I am so glad she is her...I...am glad I got to see her again...before...I mean if things go wrong."
Beatrice said and looked down again and sigh, then she stop her flow of words.
"I...am sorry, you where going to tell me what have happened and here I am...telling you about my afternoon and evening instead, forgive me."
Beatrice muttered and glanced at the other mage.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2 - Page 16 Empty Re: The trouble with corrupted Nodes, Hedge Wizards and Cranky Judges IC thread 2

Post by Adley Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:19 am

"I agree, if the girl can be protected this way, then that is a better path, the question is just, can we buy enough time to be able to lowly build our case?"The ancient mage sigh.

"Yes; I do not know. But that is why I thought stalling her on the letter of our agreement would at least keep her out of the Chantry for a few days. It might be that she will then look for past offenses, as you said but we will have a small amount of time won. If Colin and myself provided an alibi, I would hope nothing would come from those or her own memories that would undo her. Still, I expect her to act quickly as she can and eventually will come in and begin her observations, seeking to link up a pattern of behaviour or something that she can work to her advantage. Even that might be somehow useful, if she is so bloodthirsty. I do not think I can bring myself to craft a lie but I can expose a disgusting truth."

"Ah...no I think that to try take you from your mentor would result in something burning down."He said and grinned but he quickly got more serious again."Your heart is in the right place Adley, you make mistakes just like all the rest of us, but remember that, you are a good man Mr Roth Hicks, take responsibility for your mistakes yes, but do not judge yourself far harsher than anyone else would."

He smiled faintly, though was reminded that his mentor had promised to burn Boston if something happened to him when talking to Amadeus. "Wish us speed, then sir and the dare to swiftly follow the path that will allow us to find the most acceptable outcome."

"I tend to find that everyone have done something wrong, often unknowingly and innocently if you just put them under enough scrutiny, if you are convinced someone are guilty you will find something they are guilty of, but yes, your Cabal and yourself can provide a good alibi for anything major and so can ars for times when you are not there. However it is the small things that worry me, the Protocols are not very precise...There are two faction within Quaesitores...

Adley frowned as he listened. "I must admit I'd always thought that I was adherent to tradition myself, I do believe in being very careful with words. Still, I find this discomforts me. Have we always been so quick to brand someone or to seek the gilgul? I understand where it come to Nephandi and in many cases widderslainte are quite evil. But when the mould is not the same, should not a different outcome be considered? The more I find out about our misdeeds, the less traditional I feel."

...any surveillance I would like your mentor's opinion, the security of this Chantry and it's members are his domain and he have never given me reason not to trust his expertise in the matter

"Of course. I will speak with him as soon as I see him next."

(later)

He did not respond to the question if he was well at first but took the tea and listened until she spoke of the prisoner and had retrieved the documents. "I was not harmed," he said, then frowned. "However I was very nearly killed for my own mistakes and others have suffered. No one has died or was attacked due to it but there may still be more trouble. We did get the target but at more cost than necessary should I have been prepared. I will tell you more of it later but for now to keep it short, one of the others has taken a large amount of paradox and now I must watch him for signs of illness. That is why I cannot stay overlong. I must watch him through the night and until someone might assess his condition and alleviate it." He did not sound very happy about it but just as he had told the older mage, he spoke as plainly as he could. If he wanted transparency in the cabal he could not hide things from them, especially when he made mistakes, no matter how private he was.

He began to review the documents, looking closely at how everything had been worded and trying to think like a 'traditionalist' would, someone who would go to great pains to use words to harm. He broke off as he listened to her tell him about the new Chantry member, his wereshark custos and the appearance of the avatar, frankly amazed.

"I have never heard of anything like that before. I look forward to meeting them, that should be very interesting. Though I must warn you against manifesting your avatar or communicating with it. It may be that the judge will come here in order to observe you under a pretense, though we are trying to forestall it. I was thinking that if you were observed by us, say through a spirit watcher, there may at least be some record that will contest hers that may show that her actions are inappropriate and the magii involved will not wish to partake. I don't know if it will be enough, there is the issue of time and timing, but it is something and I have not hammered the details out. What do you think of this?

Then as he listened to what had happened to Rosa, Lisa, Ryan and Amadeus's new apprentice and frowned. "I see, I have not heard about any of that. It seems as if the last two days have been nothing but chaos." He returned his attention to reading the document, scanning back over the Latin carefully for ways that it could be interpreted. He knew he was not a legal person but he did know languages and Latin was easier than others that he had at his disposal, one of he most used ones in the Order aside from Hebrew, which was the next he was set to learn, backward and forwards, with all numerological implications picked clean.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:58 am

"Yes; I do not know. But that is why I thought stalling her on the letter of our agreement would at least keep her out of the Chantry for a few days. It might be that she will then look for past offenses, as you said but we will have a small amount of time won. If Colin and myself provided an alibi, I would hope nothing would come from those or her own memories that would undo her. Still, I expect her to act quickly as she can and eventually will come in and begin her observations, seeking to link up a pattern of behaviour or something that she can work to her advantage. Even that might be somehow useful, if she is so bloodthirsty. I do not think I can bring myself to craft a lie but I can expose a disgusting truth."

I think that stopping Miss D'Angelo from coming here on the letter of the agreement should be doable, I will deliver an official complaint on that tomorrow morning. Yes if you and your Cabalmate provides an alibi that at least will reduce the amount of accusations D'Angelo can make, but like you said she will not give up, she will find a way to get into the Chantry or try to bring Beatrice to her, be very careful with Miss Alexander, I doubt D'Angelo are above a kidapping staged as an arrest, and if she have the girl in her custody, well then I am afraid there is little we can do.

He smiled faintly, though was reminded that his mentor had promised to burn Boston if something happened to him when talking to Amadeus. "Wish us speed, then sir and the dare to swiftly follow the path that will allow us to find the most acceptable outcome."

"Yes I do wish that for you, and wish an more acceptable solution are found, and quickly."
The old mage muttered.

Adley frowned as he listened. "I must admit I'd always thought that I was adherent to tradition myself, I do believe in being very careful with words. Still, I find this discomforts me. Have we always been so quick to brand someone or to seek the gilgul? I understand where it come to Nephandi and in many cases widderslainte are quite evil. But when the mould is not the same, should not a different outcome be considered? The more I find out about our misdeeds, the less traditional I feel."

George frowned at the question.
"Branding is done far to often, the number of offenses that can result in this punishment are to wide, when it comes to Gilgul though, no it is not done often to member of the Traditions, since Heylel the Order of Hermes have performed the rite 15 times, this is twice as often as any other Tradition but with them doing it a few times as well, the number of times the rite have been performed in the Traditions, sanctioned, are seventy five. Now most cases where Gilgul are a possible punishment do not lead to it, the last time it was performed against a Tradition member was the girl we spoke of earlier, before that the leaders of the group that kidnapped Orphans and fed them to the Avatar consuming beasts on Horizon, each case is considered carefully and it is given as a punishment for only the most heinous of crimes."
George shivered, even an old mage found the topic quite uncomfortable.
"Non Tradition members however, with Nephandi prisoners it is almost always done if the captured Nephandus are Fallen, not all Nephandi are, and they have a far less rigorous process of trials ahead of them before the rite is carried out than a member of the Traditions. One of the reason why we loose so many in fights with the Nephandi are that they will never allow themselves to be captured alive if they can help it, they know what the Traditions will do to them, so they have nothing to loose when they try to avoid capture."
The old mage said then he looked sad.
"And then, there are the widderslaintes, they are hunted down and Gilgulled unless they have managed to escape detection and somehow managed to get into the Traditions, then they are put on trial. But yes there are teams of mages, mostly from my House who find widderslainte children and Gilgul them before they can Awaken...the parents are usually non the wiser, they just find their children speaking of strangers standing around them, and of pain...and then sorrow and loss. Now to Gilgul and unawakened give them some greater chance to survive, they have never known what being Awakened is like and do not mourn the loss of magick they never wielded, but they still are missing a part of their soul, and very few of them survive for long. Yes against the Fallen that rite is performed far to often."
George sigh and looked down as if he was not proud of what he next said.
"I was a Quaesitor for a long time, I am a soulrender, I have been part of the group performing that rite five times, two sentenced members of the Traditions, three captured Nephandi prisoners, it is a horrible thing, I will never forget the screams, and the looks of despair and shock when it was over. I still at times question if it was right and true for Guernicus to create that rote in the first place, and I know those five Gilguls I have helped perform are one of the deeds the Oracles will make me take responsibility for before he possibly accept me as a Postulant."
The ancient mage said softly as he gazed far off into his past sadly.

"Of course. I will speak with him as soon as I see him next."

"Good, we can decide how to move forward on the topic of surveillance for Miss Alexander when we have his thoughts on the manner then."
George said and gave a slight smile.

Later:

He did not respond to the question if he was well at first but took the tea and listened until she spoke of the prisoner and had retrieved the documents. "I was not harmed," he said, then frowned. "However I was very nearly killed for my own mistakes and others have suffered. No one has died or was attacked due to it but there may still be more trouble. We did get the target but at more cost than necessary should I have been prepared. I will tell you more of it later but for now to keep it short, one of the others has taken a large amount of paradox and now I must watch him for signs of illness. That is why I cannot stay overlong. I must watch him through the night and until someone might assess his condition and alleviate it." He did not sound very happy about it but just as he had told the older mage, he spoke as plainly as he could. If he wanted transparency in the cabal he could not hide things from them, especially when he made mistakes, no matter how private he was.

Beatrice hesitated, she knew how private the Flambeau was, he might not appreciate her touch, but after a bit of hesitation she placed her hand ever so gently on his, looking into his eyes as she spoke.
"I am glad you where not hurt Adley."
The Verbena said, she did not comment on the Hermetic saying he made mistakes, perhaps he did, perhaps he did not, in either case he was probably overly harsh on himself, but nothing she said would change that. Beatrice was concerned about who had gotten the Paradox.
"Not one of our Cabal I hope?"
Beatrice said in a concerned tone of voice, not that she hoped it was anyone else in the Chantry either.
"Or Master Morgan?"
The Verbena asked then she looked down.
"I hate this war."
She muttered softly.

"I have never heard of anything like that before. I look forward to meeting them, that should be very interesting. Though I must warn you against manifesting your avatar or communicating with it. It may be that the judge will come here in order to observe you under a pretense, though we are trying to forestall it.

Beatrice looked terrified at that prospect.
"D'Angelo might be coming here?"
She muttered, she pulled her hand back and pulled her legs up to her chest where she sat in the chair and shivered.
"Why can she not just leave me alone."
Beatrice said, she sounded tired, worn out and terrified.

I was thinking that if you were observed by us, say through a spirit watcher, there may at least be some record that will contest hers that may show that her actions are inappropriate and the magii involved will not wish to partake. I don't know if it will be enough, there is the issue of time and timing, but it is something and I have not hammered the details out. What do you think of this?

Beatrice glanced at Adley.
"You mean like a Spirit watching everything a do?"
The Verbena asked, the thought made her feel uncomfortable, not because she had anything to hide but because it was an invasion of her privacy, but off course she would agree to it, if it could help her case.
"Yes, if you think it might help, I am willing to accept this."
Beatrice said, she still sat curled up into a ball and shivering, but she tried at least to make a joke to lighten the mood.
"Well I guess that Spirit will get to hear allot of creative swearing when I can not make any sense of the books I am studying, and it might have to hear me singing in the shower."
The young Verbena said and tried to smile.

Then as he listened to what had happened to Rosa, Lisa, Ryan and Amadeus's new apprentice and frowned. "I see, I have not heard about any of that. It seems as if the last two days have been nothing but chaos."

Beatrice nodded as she sigh.
"Yeah, our lives might have had more order if we had gone to live with the Marauder colony my mentor say live in Boston's near Umbra."
The young Verbena said with a little smile then she turned serious again as she watched Adley read the court document.
"Adley, what do you think my chances are? And if this do not go well...how long do you think I have? I dare not sleep, I fear that I will wake to someone busting through the door to drag me away to..."
The young blood witch stopped talking and she just looked down at the floor under her chair, shivering slightly as if cold.

(Bearice's court document:

Court Document: The Council of the Nine Mystic Traditions vs Beatrice Alexander filia Amadeus Nassa bani Verbena.

The court finds the defendant Miss Alexander guilty of being Fallen, the Court find no evidence of Miss Alexander having betrayed the Traditions by selling herself to the Nephandi and it believe the defendant's claim that she did not know of her condition, therefore we conclude that she have been born a widderslainte. It is the opinion of the Court that the defendant should be sentenced to Gilgul, and be free to herself choose if she want to die after the ritual is done. However due to Amadeus Nassa's assurances of the girl's innocent and good nature the Court have decided to suspend Miss Alexander's sentence indefinitely, she will be taken to the Main Sentencing Hall and Branded, afterwards she will be free to go and continue as a member of the Traditions, however if she ever breaks a major Protocol, or there are strong suspicions that she have broken a major Protocol, or if she associate with the Nephandi or are found near corrupted Quintessence or a corrupted Node then the suspension are terminated and the sentence is to be carried out as soon as possible with no chance of appeal.

Signed:

Main Prosecutor: Daniel Rhea Hermes Bani Guernicus.
Defendant's council: James R. Miles Bani Verbena.
Preceding Judges:
(Here follow the names and titels of all the Nine Primi)

Three independent Masters of Spirit have confirmed the state of the Defendant's Avatar.
Cita Telar Bani Virtual Adepts
Jessica Roseflower Bani Verbena
Herman Adelli Hermes Bani Guernicus

The document ended with a official looking seal proclaiming it as a document issued by Horizon Chantry itself.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:00 am

Colin gave a quick thumbs up. "We have an approach, then. Come to think of it, I'm not sure exactly what rank I have. Never paid much attention to that, actually - what with not being an actual member of any House. I should check the rosters, I suppose."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:00 am

"Ok then, one minute until we reach the apartment building."
Antonio said as he drove towards a tall, impressive looking building, the group of mages where now driving through one of the better parts of the city, and the building itself was beautiful and had allot of glass that added to the nice exterior.

Freddy looks at you.
"Have you never been ranked Colin?"
The Virtual Adept say.
"I mean that is the whole point of the Spheres, they are a ranking system. I can say that I am a Disciple of Correspondence, now that give another mage who do not share my Paradigm an idea of what I can do as there are some codified rules for what you have to be able to do to be able to be recognized to have one rank or another. I mean when I practice I do not think of it as Correspondence and Forces and Prime, I think about it in the terms of my own Paradigm, however when I talk with Antonio I can give him an idea of what I can do when I say I am an Disciple of Correspondence and Forces, Initiate in Prime and Apprentice of Spirit, without me having to explain my whole Paradigm and view of magick to him, that is the whole point of the Sphere system, that mages of various Paradigms will be able to understand one another by having some common terms of reference."
The Virtual Adept said. Antonio cut in.
"And establish a pecking order."
The Hermetic commented and the Virtual Adept sigh.
"Yes...and establishing a pecking order."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:33 am

Colin shrugged. "Without a mentor to push for concrete benchmarks, I suppose it never seemed important. I know that I have no understanding for anything that moves of its own volition, as it were - and aside from a modest ability to manipulate probability, I am mostly limited to analytical spells. For now."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:45 am

"Hum...sounds like you might be an Initiate of Entropy then, but far be it from me to say anything definite on that, and who cares about ranks anyway."
Freddy shrugs and smiles.
"I have never been much good with change and probability myself but I am considering writing a randomness generator, as you would for a computer game you know, and see if I can learn something from that."
The Virtual Adept said as Antonio found a good parking spot a bit away from the building and hidden behind some decorative trees.
"Well we are here, let us meet up with the others and get this done."
The Hermetic said, you can see that Ryan is parking his car next to Antonio's.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:59 am

Colin smiled. "I might be able to lend a hand with that. My programming skills might be virtually nonexistent these days, outside some highly specialized computers, but I know a bit about randomness... Ah, so we are. Here goes nothing, as they say."
As the cars came to a full stop, Colin disentangled himself from the seatbelt and climbed out of the car, quickly scanning the area.
((OOC: Perception + Alertness would be in order, I expect - 2, 2, 6, 6, 0. ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:23 pm

Freddy smiles as she climbs out of the car.
"I would like that."
The young Virtual Adept say as she looks around.

Everything seam to be in order, you see an elderly lady walking a perfectly groomed poodle, and a slightly intoxicated couple where walking arm in arm into the apartment building, they where dressed in fashionable, expensive looking clothing, other than that all was still and calm around the apartment building and the parking lot you and the other mages are currently standing on.
"Ehm...should I cast my rote to avert eyes from us and should we go right in? Or perhaps have a look at the back of the building first?"
Ingmar say, he scratched his shaggy hair as he looks around.
"Fancy place eh?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:33 pm

Colin ran a hand across his face. "Might want to go right ahead - the longer my face is, well... it's rather unforgettable. Checking all possible points of entry will likely take longer than charging in, going through a potential fight and absconding with the fallen. While I'm all for gathering intelligence before a strike, time is of the essence."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:46 pm

Ingmar nodded he glanced around.
"Well let us get this done then. I am going to need an item from each of you, it can be anything, but it have to be something that it is okey that some blood get onto, oh and not that I do not trust you guys, but I would prefer something that can be destroyed or washed since I do not want anyone to have a sample of my blood laying around."
The Verbena said as he pulled a ritual dagger out of his pocked and tested the edge before he took a pen from another pocket and put it on the ground.

Freddy raised an eyebrow, then she removed the green skull she wore in her left ear and placed it on the ground as well, one by one the strike force members added their items to the pile, a piece of paper from Antonio, a silk handkerchief from Hildegaard, one of the silver rings he usually wore on his fingers from Ryan. Ingmar waited for Colin and Richard to add one of their own items into the pile.
"Oh yes we will need one more item as well, for the Nephandus, we do not want him notices either when we bring him out, if we can actually manage to pull this off that is."
Ingmar said as he waited for the pile of random items to be completed on the parking lot ground.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:38 pm

Colin smoothly fished out his wallet and pulled out one of his business cards, reaching it toward the pile. "Will this suffice? I get them a few hundred at a time - I'm sure burning one won't cause a major economic hardship."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Ingmar nods as he wait for Richard to add his item to the pile.
"Yes that will do, it do not matter what it is really, if you have one more we could use that for our target as well."
The Verbena said as he glanced around.
"Someone should probably play lookout, this will not take many minutes but it might look a bit dramatic anyone passing by, oh and anyone who have a problem with blood should probably look away."
Ingmar informed and Antonio mutters under his breath.
"Damned Verberna and their weird ass magick."
Ingmar looks at the Hermetic scribe.
"Did you say anything Adeptus?"
Antonio shook his head.
"No nothing, just let us get this done."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:18 pm

Colin fished out a second card, and added both to the pile.
"Like so. Nothing wrong with a bit of Sangromancy, right?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Ingmar grinned, while waiting for Richard he pulled out a small flask of disinfectant and washed his blade with it.
"The cleaner the wound the easier they are to heal afterwards."
The Verbena said as he put his bottle away.
"I usually try to wait with healing wounds after rune cutting to reduce the chance of Paradox."
He muttered.

"I will go and keep a lookout."
Freddy said she fetched her phone out of her pocked at started and app on it, pressed one of a long list of options on it and then looked down on the screen, she had a four, split screen views of the parking lot and surrounding area on it.
"The coast do seam to be clear."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:21 pm

but like you said she will not give up, she will find a way to get into the Chantry or try to bring Beatrice to her, be very careful with Miss Alexander, I doubt D'Angelo are above a kidapping staged as an arrest, and if she have the girl in her custody, well then I am afraid there is little we can do.

"I'm sorry sir but this is starting to make me feel quite angry. Again." He added, waiting until the feeling had settled somewhat before continuing. "Those who would abuse the law in this manner...makes it hard for others to obey it. If she -is- being watched, then perhaps it would deter that as well."

"I was a Quaesitor for a long time, I am a soulrender, I have been part of the group performing that rite five times, two sentenced members of the Traditions, three captured Nephandi prisoners, it is a horrible thing, I will never forget the screams, and the looks of despair and shock when it was over. I still at times question if it was right and true for Guernicus to create that rote in the first place, and I know those five Gilguls I have helped perform are one of the deeds the Oracles will make me take responsibility for before he possibly accept me as a Postulant."

"Sir, as I have said to my mentor and even to Beatrice, if gilgul is the only way to prevent a Nephandi avatar from being reincarnated, then that is acceptable to me. They are evil and corrupt all they touch, causing strife and sorrow. However, it seems there are other ways to save at least some of the widderslainte, those that have somehow managed not to act on their avatar's impulses. From there, perhaps it might be possible to cleanse those that are young but not yet barrabi. But no one is exploring it, or if they are, or were, there is not yet an end result that has as you said come to be known and integrated into our system. Instead we treat them all the same. In the case of the magii that turned Orphans into tass, it shows that one does not need to be a Nephandi to be evil and corrupt."

(later)
Beatrice hesitated, she knew how private the Flambeau was, he might not appreciate her touch, but after a bit of hesitation she placed her hand ever so gently on his, looking into his eyes as she spoke."I am glad you where not hurt Adley."

"As am I; it was a sobering reminder." He looked down as she put his hand on his and stiffened slightly, then moved to pick it up and look at her palm to see how it was healing.

Not one of our Cabal I hope?"Beatrice said in a concerned tone of voice, not that she hoped it was anyone else in the Chantry either. "Or Master Morgan?"

"No; though out of respect for the one I injured, I will not disclose it. I am sure that it will be known in due time but unless there is a need I do not wish to expose him."

"D'Angelo might be coming here?" She muttered, she pulled her hand back and pulled her legs up to her chest where she sat in the chair and shivered. "Why can she not just leave me alone."

"There is a slight chance but we are working on a way to forestall her. What I need from you is to act towards your best instincts, be the best Beatrice even as you are afraid. I know how hard that is - just earlier I was faced with practising what I preached myself."

"Well I guess that Spirit will get to hear allot of creative swearing when I can not make any sense of the books I am studying, and it might have to hear me singing in the shower."

"Yes; a spirit or perhaps some other method of surveillance."

"Adley, what do you think my chances are? And if this do not go well...how long do you think I have? I dare not sleep, I fear that I will wake to someone busting through the door to drag me away to..."

He saw it right away, it was that obvious to him and the worst thing was that it would not take any sort of heavy manipulations. The word 'near' and 'node' were enough to condemn her and he thought it was the likeliest avenue for the judge to try to nail her to the wall. The word near was too vague - did that mean the car in the lot? The villa? It would not matter, near would be as close as the judge wanted it to be. And the worst part was that he could not make a statement to deter it for Beatrice had been on the grounds, had come to see him when he was injured. He felt a great deal of sorrow and pain settle into his heart as he glared at the document's wording, unsure how such a thing might be shifted as it was writ before Beatrice was gilguled. It was likely that the judge already knew Beatrice was near the node and lies would not be needed, even if he had considered it.

"Beatrice. I do not know how long. But to the extent that I am able, that Colin, too is able I believe and others here at the Chantry, we will fight for you and for true justice." He looked at her and reached out to pull a hand away from her knee and hold it as he looked at her with a solomn expression. "I want you to know that I will do everything that I think that I can up to the point of compromising who I am and what I believe in to help you; know too that no matter what happens, I will continue to search for a way to cleanse avatars of those like you. I have found one person who, it was said, had her avatar cleansed. Time however is short and I do not want to give you neither false hope or scare you further than you are already." He looked down at her hand. "It does not look good by the Words; you were at the villa, the node was corrupted. But I am not giving up yet. I will not give up."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:03 pm

WHen Coawa heard he was called a "Fish" he grinned hungrily Try not to test my patience again once outside this safe walls, mage. And now that you know my name, let's move.
Tane left the other things in Beatrice apartment. I'll return for this. OK, i'm Tane Karyak, Dreamspeaker. Let's move, and maybe we could get to the nephandi. We're no match for her, but with Atonga's blessing, maybe we could get something to help us track her. Said Tane leading the way out. We'll talk later
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:37 pm

"I'm sorry sir but this is starting to make me feel quite angry. Again." He added, waiting until the feeling had settled somewhat before continuing. "Those who would abuse the law in this manner...makes it hard for others to obey it. If she -is- being watched, then perhaps it would deter that as well."

George nodded he understood the younger mage's anger.
"There have always been those who use the law as a weapon and a tool for politics rather than for justice, and yes it do make it harder for others to follow the law, one corrupt action often lead to another, that is the nature of the world and one of the reasons one have to try to act with honor oneself."

"Sir, as I have said to my mentor and even to Beatrice, if gilgul is the only way to prevent a Nephandi avatar from being reincarnated, then that is acceptable to me. They are evil and corrupt all they touch, causing strife and sorrow. However, it seems there are other ways to save at least some of the widderslainte, those that have somehow managed not to act on their avatar's impulses. From there, perhaps it might be possible to cleanse those that are young but not yet barrabi. But no one is exploring it, or if they are, or were, there is not yet an end result that has as you said come to be known and integrated into our system. Instead we treat them all the same. In the case of the magii that turned Orphans into tass, it shows that one does not need to be a Nephandi to be evil and corrupt."

The old mage sigh then he nod.
"Perhaps you are right I am not sure myself on the stance I have on the Nephandi, but I also see that unless one deal with the problem, killing them will only solve the problem temporarily, hurting not only the reborn Nephandus victims but also the innocent host of the corrupted Avatar, on the other hand I do not like the idea of destroying something which nature we just do not understand, and perhaps someone as old as me understand less than anyone."
George said.
"Perhaps you can find a way to cleanse a widderslainte, in which case that would be a greater victory against the Nephandi than any number of their kind killed, you might be able to do something that will make a difference in this war young Mr Roth Hicks."
He said then nods.
"It is easy to get complacent, to find one way to deal with a problem and stick to that, to think new is the domain of the young, and unfortunately the leaders of the Traditions are usually quite ancient, stasis have always threatened our organization, and age and raw magickal might are usually valued over wisdom and intellect. And no, one do indeed not need to be a Nephandus to be evil and corrupt."

Later:

"As am I; it was a sobering reminder." He looked down as she put his hand on his and stiffened slightly, then moved to pick it up and look at her palm to see how it was healing.

The young Verbena's right hand was covered by gauze, it seamed white and fresh though which meant the cuts where no longer bleeding. Beatrice looked up and met the Hermetic's eyes, she said nothing as he examined her hand, she just looked at him, his concern for her health was touching and Beatrice managed a small smile as she looked down again.

"No; though out of respect for the one I injured, I will not disclose it. I am sure that it will be known in due time but unless there is a need I do not wish to expose him."

Beatrice felt a rush of relief to hear it was not a member of her Cabal who had gotten so much Paradox as to have to be watched, and not Chief Morgan either, and she knew it was not her own mentor, she would not ask further who it was though, a mage with that much Paradox in his system would be vulnerable, working more magick until the Paradox had been dealt with could be fatal, or lead to the dox hardening and never leaving the willworker's system, crippling him, no one would want knowledge of such a weakness spread.
"Off course, I will ask no further."
Beatrice said softly, she hoped whoever it was would be okey though, she would hate to loose any of her Chantrymates.

"There is a slight chance but we are working on a way to forestall her. What I need from you is to act towards your best instincts, be the best Beatrice even as you are afraid. I know how hard that is - just earlier I was faced with practising what I preached myself."

"I will try."
Beatrice said and looked up at Adley again, but it was not easy, she just wanted to crawl into a dark corner and never come out, all she could think about was the fear that she would loose her Avatar.
"I will try."
The young Verbena repeated softly, then she sigh, she could not give up.

"Yes; a spirit or perhaps some other method of surveillance."

Beatrice nodded, she did not like it, but off course she would be willing to do it if it could better her chances.
"I consent."
The young Verbena said simply then she hesitated before she started unwrapping the gauze from her hand, revealing several large stains of dried blood on the inside of the bandaged. Beatrice rolled the gauze up and held it out towards Adley.
"You might need an arcane connection to me, for the surveillance, and just in case I ever loose control."
Beatrice said she met the Hermetic's eyes, what she did was an enormous show of trust, among all non Technomancer mages arcane connections where a big deal, and blood where the best arcane connection you could get outside of Quintessence taken direction of a mage's Avatar, and this blood was been spilled as a result of the young blood witch's magick, giving this to Adley would give him an enormous advantage over her if he ever had to use magick on her or against her. Beatrice looked down.
"I trust you."
The young blood witch muttered.

"Beatrice. I do not know how long. But to the extent that I am able, that Colin, too is able I believe and others here at the Chantry, we will fight for you and for true justice."

"Thank you."
Beatrice whispered, even if things went wrong, at least she had not been cast aside when her friends found out the truth about her.
"I am sorry to cause so much trouble for you all."
The young Verbena said her voice shaking a bit.

He looked at her and reached out to pull a hand away from her knee and hold it as he looked at her with a heavy expression. "I want you to know that I will do everything that I think that I can up to the point of compromising who I am and what I believe in to help you; know too that no matter what happens, I will continue to search for a way to cleanse avatars of those like you. I have found one person who, it was said, had her avatar cleansed. Time however is short and I do not want to give you neither false hope or scare you further that you are already."

Beatrice glanced at Adley when he took her hand, the cuts on the inside of her palm where a bit rough as they where starting to scab meaning they where healing nicely. Beatrice found she liked the Hermetic's touch but that though quickly flew from her mind as he mentioned that someone might have been cleansed, someone like her.
"I...it is possible?"
Beatrice said, she knew she should not hope to much, not yet, but a little hope was better than no hope.
"There is nothing I want more than when I one day die, that my Avatar can continue on it's way towards Ascension, clean, but I have never dared hope."
The young widderslainte whispered.
"And it would be a great comfort...if this is the end for me, to know that there might be hope for others."
The blood witch said, her eyes watering.
"Thank you..."
Beatrice muttered, she seamed to be saying that allot to members of her Cabal lately.

He looked down at her hand. "It does not look good by the Words; you were at the villa, the node was corrupted. But I am not giving up yet. I will not give up."

The Verbena's small hand jerked slightly and her fingers curled around Adley's hand when he said it did not look good, he would not give up on her though, that was something, there was hope was there not? There had to be hope.
"It is taking all my courage not to escape that fate D'Angelo want for me, only the knowledge that if I do, another will have to suffer I am am, and most likely that person will not be able to hold back the urges and my reincarnation will be a monster, I do not want that."
Beatrice whispered and admitted by her words that she had thought about ending it, then she shudder fearfully and wait until the Hermetic looked up again and met his blue gaze with her dark brown.
"If...if it do not go well, will you be there when they...do it?"
Beatrice had to fight the urge to sob uncontrollably.
"I do not want to be alone with a gang of...mages I do not know...when...I mean it have been done before audiences in the past, there should be...no danger to...someone watching it being done..."
The young Verbena looked down she bit down on her lower lip to stop herself from sobbing.
"Please do not leave me alone during that ritual."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:52 pm

(This scene happens 4:30 in the afternoon.)

Ryan looked at Coawa. I am going to need a bigger boat, he thought to himself, but he did not bother to retort, it did not matter if the shifter threatened him, as long as he was willing to help get Rosa back safely then flippers over there could say whatever he pleased.
"This way."
The Cult of Ecstasy Adept said as he hurried towards the garage where he his car.

Beatrice nods as Tane and the others leave her apartment.
"Your belongings will be safe here until you return Mr Karyak."
The young Verbena said with a smile.
"Good luck and return safely."
Beatrice do raise an eyebrow when Coawa threatens Ryan, she did not want to see any of them hurt, but hopefully it was not meant in a to hostile way, and Ryan tended to be pretty laid back so it was doubtful he would care much about the retort.

Ryan lead Coawa, Colin and Tane to his blue, fairly well used Kia and gets into the drivers seat.
"Ok, are everyone ready? For if so let us go."
The Cultist said nervously, he was getting increasingly worried about his apprentice's safety.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:28 pm

--- Afternoon ---
Colin kept fairly easy pace with Ryan on the way, slipping in behind the driver's seat. "I propose Coawa rides shotgun on this one; the more comfortable seat for the largest passenger. Wouldn't you gentlemen agree? By the way, I neglected to ask, where are you two from? Your accent suggests... somewhere in the vicinity of Australia... New Zealand, perhaps?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:38 pm

Ryan nods, he wait for everyone to get into the cheap Korean car before he drives out of the garage.
"Ok the woman I sent Rosa to meet are at a coffee shop in airport area, Rosa is staying in one of the shops where there are allot of people to hide among, I suggest we go and get our guest first since she have my apprentice's phone so she should be the easiest to find and then we pick up Rosa."
Ryan suggested.
"Now if it is a Nephandus that are after them...well then seeing what information we can gather are important but my first priority are the safety of the two women."
The Cultist said insistently.
"I need to get my apprentice to safety, she is my responsibility."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:49 pm

Colin nodded, "I concur. I'm certain your apprentice and the guest have some information on the Nephandus; us finding anything more might be a bonus, but likely too risky to attempt under the circumstances."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:19 pm

"Yes and like I have said Rosa Awakened last month, I remember when I bought her to the Chantry, she have one apprentice degree in Time and that is it."
Ryan said and sigh.
"I so am not ready for an apprentice but what could I do, she Awakened right before my eyes, I could not just abandon her."
The Cultist muttered as he drove towards the airport as quickly as the law would allow.
"Ok I know the cafe I think this guest of us are, let us park a bit away from Logan's though as if we park in the airport area itself, chances are that we will spend more time looking for parking than it will take us to walk the rest of the way, though as far as I remember Mr Wainwright, both you and I know how to manipulate chance, however I personally would want to be careful with magick until we know the situation for if there is a Nephandi bitch in there, then she might be able to feel what we do out here."
Ryan suggested.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:35 pm

"Perhaps you can find a way to cleanse a widderslainte, in which case that would be a greater victory against the Nephandi than any number of their kind killed, you might be able to do something that will make a difference in this war young Mr Roth Hicks."

"I am not in the House that normally would set themselves to such a task; though there is more than one way to fight a war. Depriving them of future soldiers and returning them to a state in which they have their own autonomy to choose...it would be something that I strive for." Maybe he wasn't the average, stereotypical Flambeau but as the Primus said, he was his pater's son.

(later)

"I consent."The young Verbena said simply then she hesitated before she started unwrapping the gauze from her hand, revealing several large stains of dried blood on the inside of the bandaged. Beatrice rolled the gauze up and held it out towards Adley."You might need an arcane connection to me, for the surveillance, and just in case I ever loose control."

He pressed his lips together, considering what she was offering him. "Beatrice, I do not know the art of correspondence...as above, so below...to achieve such a surveillance myself, though if it were done by a spirit, I might aid in the work so then it may be of use. I still must confer with my mentor as to how this will be done. And though blood is not my focus on the ars but I understand what you offer." He thought of the way that she had cut her hands and then drawn the sigils in the air. "How do you suppose I might take this offer?" He wasn't sure if making some sort of talisman that could be found would be a good idea, considering it might be found and turned against her. But perhaps making a sigil with it and burning it might work. It seemed a natural way to join their styles.

"I...it is possible?" Beatrice said, she knew she should not hope to much, not yet, but a little hope was better than no hope.
"There is nothing I want more than when I one day die, that my Avatar can continue on it's way towards Ascension, clean, but I have never dared hope." The young widderslainte whispered. "And it would be a great comfort...if this is the end for me, to know that there might be hope for others." The blood witch said, her eyes watering. "Thank you..."

"I can't say for certain as there has not been time to investigate it yet but by the account that I received, it seemed to be so. As for if it is possible...while yesterday I would have said no, today a very wise person recently reminded me that we are magii and are supposed to do the impossible." He did not smile but he was trying to keep hope alive. "I will continue to find out all that I can about this, though as I said, I have not given up hope of saving you."

It is taking all my courage not to escape that fate D'Angelo want for me, only the knowledge that if I do, another will have to suffer I am am, and most likely that person will not be able to hold back the urges and my reincarnation will be a monster, I do not want that."

"It is a bravery  that many would not have, Beatrice." It was clear he thought this was admirable.

"If...if it do not go well, will you be there when they...do it?" Beatrice had to fight the urge to sob uncontrollably. "I do not want to be alone with a gang of...mages I do not know...when...I mean it have been done before audiences in the past, there should be...no danger to...someone watching it being done..." The young Verbena looked down she bit down on her lower lip to stop herself from sobbing."Please do not leave me alone during that ritual."

"If it is at all possible, I will be there. I will be as close as I can be and stay with you until the end," he said earnestly. Still holding her hand he looked at it and took it with his free hand as well. Though he wondered if it would be all strangers - the Primus and his pater might be there, yet it would not make it easier. "And if afterward, I will stand by your decision then as well and assist you in completing your wishes with dignity." He frowned. "As much as I wish to look to the better path, the one in which you live free of lies, if you should want to prepare yourself somehow for that eventuality, my pater may have words for you. But if you do not wish to put your thoughts there, then that too I understand. I also ask that in the morning, an hour after dawn you and I will work on the Banishing ritual. I know that it seems inconsequential, but you have time left in life to do good things for yourself."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Tane Karyak Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:01 pm

Let's not alter reality if we don't need it. Then, your student is with the Woman, and then there are the sleepers... ¿what about this? Ryan, you scort your student out. SHe trusts you, and i don't belive you trust us so much as to rely her on us. You take her to the car and wait for us. We handle the nephandi and you, Colin, can handle the sleepers.
Tane Karyak
Tane Karyak

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 30 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 30  Next