Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

+3
Caedus
Jaq
Ashan101
7 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3 Empty Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:40 pm

(OOC: Continuing from IC thread  2, just start posting here as normal. I have just found that keeping the IC threads to 50 pages make them easier to search in and generally simpler to keep track of. Happy continued gaming. Currently in the Wednesday timeline at the airport Bianca, Tane, Colin, Ryan and Rosa are discussing who will get into which car as they try to get away from something ominous following them. In the Wednesday timeline at the Chantry Bianca is having tea with Beatrice and Amaadeus while at Thursday Adely, Colin and Beatrice are at the strategy meeting for how to save Beatrice from Gilgul. Richard might be at work the last thing he did was set up an appointment for Narim.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3 Empty Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Adley Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:55 pm

"You did well in negotiating with him mea filius." Jeffry said then he gave a little smile. "Though that friend living in your Avatar now are proving to be quite useful, that being said I will draw a breath of relief once Cita...ehm...Miss Telar have examined you and advised us on the safest course of actions."

"At least once it decided I had something of import to say, I do not think I gave it a good first impression. Thankfully the need spoke for itself and it did not take offense." He looked over at him and nodded. "Yes...it seems so. The guardian of Lux Iternis also gave me the opportunity for assistance. Though I am not sure I would quite be able to manage it alone, perhaps as it is a boon or in time though I hope the situation is resolved by then. But the guardian offered to send its...children to aid the shard if it should be endangered. And myself in turn. I thought it was a matter of them being similar types of spirits as the one that guarded our node but it appears that such a thing as has happened to me...and that it still remains, is hardly expected of us." He looked thoughtful.

"Well talking of Master Tala, we should get the Technocrat woman and head towards the airport." The old Hermetic said checking his watch. "I do not want to run late."

Adley gave his mentor a smile. "Certainly, let's go." He got his stuff together again, slinging his bag over his shoulder, making sure he had everything this time before he left as if it were a new habit to add to ensuring he had his car keys. "I know I do not need to speak of this but if you have any reason to talk about what I disclosed to the Umbrood, then you may. However, I prefer to keep it between us three for now," he said simply. He had expected some kind of judgmental look or thoughts, he realised. But he did not treat him any differently and had always been understanding about his privacy, so perhaps that was wrong. Still, since he had been there he decided to leave it at that. He waited for his pater to head to the door before following him out and then towards his car, turning his attention to his duty.

// I'm going to wait to reply to the meeting until Warp's put up a reply for Colin = )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3 Empty Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:16 pm

--- Wednesday, Airport ---
Colin nodded, "We should split up... Miss Olsen knows her car well enough to drive, I should expect - I doubt we'll have a full-fledged car chase at this time - but I think both cars should have at least one person able to perceive... umbral prowlers, for lack of a more accurate description. I'd suggest Tane goes with the ladies, while I drive Coawa and Mr. Darehill."
He looked over at Ryan, "Unless you'd like to reclaim the wheel now? While I don't have my gun, I do have my chaos wand, so I'm not entirely incapable of some on-the-fly shenanigans."

--- Thursday, Council Chamber ---
Colin mumbled softly, "A lumbar puncture, is it? Well, those always seemed more uncomfortable than outright painful. Never had one done on myself, but I spent a bit more time in the immediate proximity of... well, it doesn't matter now. At least it sounds bearable."

((OOC: Appreciate the patience; was hammering away while you posted. Smile ))
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:26 pm

Beatrice looked at you for a moment then he whisper. "I think I can feel the spirit around, it is like this...sensation of...I do not know hope perhaps, and a smell of old books that sometimes hit met when I move around my apartment, I can not see spirits but is that him?"

"Yes, that is more than likely the spirit. It had a similar feel when I was in its presence." At least it had the benefit of a pleasant aura, Adley thought. Better than the feeling of a skewed judge watching your every move, at least.

"But in short I do not know, other than the Verbena representative, the Seat of Life, non of the Primi live on Horizon though they frequently visit, and since the sentence was made by them, they are also the only ones that can change the verdict."

He nodded. "I see."

"Not completely, I would not even know how to begin to make tass out of an Avatar, nor would I want to know. This is more extracting a bit of the core Quintessence deep inside of the Avatar, which can then be used to show what sources it have drawn from lately. I guess you could compare it to...oh what is it called that modern medical practice...well the name is not important but taking a bit of spinal fluid for examination."

Colin mumbled softly, "A lumbar puncture, is it? Well, those always seemed more uncomfortable than outright painful. Never had one done on myself, but I spent a bit more time in the immediate proximity of... well, it doesn't matter now. At least it sounds bearable."

"Would it be done today Master Morgan?"She asks nervously.

Jeffry nodded and sigh. "The sooner the better if it is to be able to be used for evidence that you did not draw from the Node."
Beatrice nodded she glanced at Adley to see what her Cabalmate thought of the suggestion before saying anything.

"Beatrice, it is your avatar. I know that this is...invasive but it does have relevance to refuting or at least lessening the impact of an important aspect of the writ. It is not of course failsafe but it would lend credence to the fact that you never partook of the node, which you did not. I cannot speak for you or your avatar, only you can do that to the degree that you are able to communicate with it. But I would hope that it could understand that this is in its benefit, should it and you truly desire to have it cleansed of the taint." He sighed. The world was a very unjust place, at times. "I trust my pater's word that he would not suggest this if he did not think the good outweighed the bad for you."

//no worries Warp = )

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:47 pm

Adley Morgan's Office:

"At least once it decided I had something of import to say, I do not think I gave it a good first impression. Thankfully the need spoke for itself and it did not take offense." He looked over at him and nodded.

Jeffry nodded he appreciated his apprentice humility, it was a good sign that the young mage would not be that easily overtaken by hubris.
"You knew what to say when it mattered and you got the task done."
The old war mage said though he did not give more praise than that, he seldom did.

"Yes...it seems so. The guardian of Lux Iternis also gave me the opportunity for assistance. Though I am not sure I would quite be able to manage it alone, perhaps as it is a boon or in time though I hope the situation is resolved by then. But the guardian offered to send its...children to aid the shard if it should be endangered. And myself in turn. I thought it was a matter of them being similar types of spirits as the one that guarded our node but it appears that such a thing as has happened to me...and that it still remains, is hardly expected of us." He looked thoughtful.

"Oh so you are to blame."
Jeffry said and suddenly he grinned.
"Those ehm...children of the Lux Iternis guardian, they have followed you home and have settled down in the Umbra right outside of our wards, a couple of dozen tiny little minor gafflings."
The old mage grinned even wider.
"I got a phone call from a very upset Mrs Danielson from Chantry Westchapel, apparently the poor Chorister had been riding past our place on her bike early this morning and she can not tell the difference between a gaffling and a Pattern Spider and thought we where all but infected with them."
The old Hermetic gave a chuckle. Westchapel was another of the five Chantries in Boston, and though it like Steelhaven where a mixed Chantry the two where neither allies nor enemies but while the Chantries reminded neutral to one another, some of the inhabitants of either Chantry was friends. Poor old Mrs Danielson where an aging Chorister who felt using magick to prolong her life was against God's laws, she was sweet and kind, but where getting just a touch senile in her old age.

After a short while Jeffry stopped grinning though and his expression grew more serious.
"Just be aware mea filius that even if your encounters with spirits that have senses your ehm...tenant this far have been positive, chances are there are those who will react equally negative as the two you have spoken to thus far after your accident have been friendly and helpful, so stay alert and be careful."
The old mage warned.

"I know I do not need to speak of this but if you have any reason to talk about what I disclosed to the Umbrood, then you may. However, I prefer to keep it between us three for now,"

Jeffry nodded he regarded his apprentice for a while.
"Perhaps I will one day Adley as I will be the first to admit there are things I do not understand, however that should be when there is time for it, also I will always respect your privacy and would never reveal anything I hear or know about you to anyone else as long as it do not concern the safety of this Chantry."
The old mage said in a serious tone of voice.

Jeffry said nothing more on the topic, instead he lead the way down into the basement to fetch Vera Kessinger. The old Hermetic opened the door to the cell and went inside, the prisoner looked rather out of it, either George had made her dizzy or she had been drugged for transport. The old mage could not hide his disgust at the prisoner but he was not rough with her went he took her arm and helped her to her feet and started leading her towards the garage.
"She have been given a medicine which will make her out of it for several hours, more than enough time to drop her of, however if you would ride in the back seat with her so you can keep an eye on her, you never know with a mage if she might have a trick up her sleeve."
The old Hermetic muttered.

Colin and Adley meeting:

Beatrice smiles slightly when Adley say that the presence she had felt was probably the spirit, it felt strange, pleasant but strange.

The young Verbena looks down and looks concerned when speaking about the procedure that Jeffry Morgan had recommended.
"I...know it makes sense to do this and I...I will do it if it better my chances, I just well...the last thing someone touched my Avatar it was Branded, I know this is not as bad as that, but I am afraid."
Beatrice said she looked down.
"But I will consent to it...my Avatar do not communicate allot with me, but I know it would want to live, and anything that will better it's chances I will do."
The blood witch said, but she looked very nervous.

Jeffry looks at Beatrice and a bit more softly than he usually spoke he said.
"I will ask Master Telar to do it, she is one of the best there is, you can be assured that your Avatar will not be harmed."
The old war mage said and Beatrice nodded though she looked just as worried.

George is silent as the matter of taking a sample of Beatrice's Avatar is discussed then he say.
"Well then we should discuss the option of taking this before the Council of Nine as that is a potential solution, though a risky one."
The old mage said.
"Then we can go through the other options in turn."

(OOC: I will work on a post for the airport scene as well not but I will put it in a separate post to not have a to big wall of text.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:59 pm

Colin, Tane and Bianca Wednesday:

Colin nodded, "We should split up... Miss Olsen knows her car well enough to drive, I should expect - I doubt we'll have a full-fledged car chase at this time - but I think both cars should have at least one person able to perceive... umbral prowlers, for lack of a more accurate description. I'd suggest Tane goes with the ladies, while I drive Coawa and Mr. Darehill."

"Yeah this old junk will not be that amazing in a car chase I think."
Rosa grumbles. Coawa looks at Colin he obviously do not like the idea about leaving Tane alone with strangers.
"I see your point Colin and it is a wise course of action."
The shapeshifter said then he sigh.
"What do you think Tane, if none of these mages can see spirits then you driving with the women and keeping them safe and me staying with Colin and Ryan might be the best way organize things."
Coawa said to his friend. Ryan chimed in.
"I can sense Spirits but I am only an apprentice of the Spirit Sphere as we call it so my ability are pretty limited so looking for something in the Umbra, no that is beyond my capabilities, if you want time stopped however then I am your man."
The Cultist said and grinned.

He looked over at Ryan, "Unless you'd like to reclaim the wheel now? While I don't have my gun, I do have my chaos wand, so I'm not entirely incapable of some on-the-fly shenanigans."

"Hum...not a bad idea, I only need to put on music on the car stereo and let parts of my mind get lost in it to use my magick, at least for minor stuff, anything major I would be so lost in it I could hardly drive at the same time, but if I drive we should bot be able to get some shenanigans going if need be."
The Cultist said as he crawled out of his seat in the back and waited for Colin to change seats with him.
"Let us hope we do not need to though."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:21 pm

Colin nodded and rose from the car. "Sounds like a plan, if it's agreeable to Tane, then. You focus on the road, Coawa focuses on the... other side, and I stay ready to muck up probability a little for any pursuers. The ladies and follow close, and Tane keeps an eye on the other side for them."
He quickly slipped into the back seat and pulled his want out; a strangely twisted, irregular stick with some random-looking silver shapes melted into the wood.
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:21 pm

Ryan looks at your wand then he get into the driver's seat.
"You know for an Orphan you are awfully Hermeticy."
The Cultist said and grins.
"Have you never considered joining them them? It sure would make your life easier, I mean many magi look down on those who have no Tradition, sure you would have to deal with a mentor, but that can have it's benefits as well."
Ryan said then he shrugs.
"I mean I am not that close with mine and still she helps me out at times."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:32 pm

Colin grinned, "Don't I know it... But I'm afraid that with Moorcock, Tolkien, Howard, and even Lovecraft and Rowling as my guides and mentors, there's something of a difference of opinion on a number of subjects. They ask how I manage to do something with the completely wrong symbols and atrocious Latin, and I wonder how far that wooden suppository goes... Besides, there was the issue of which House they'd pick. Apparently, my methods fit one House, my motivations another, and my ideals belong in an entirely different Tradition, leading me to a third House... and frankly, 'House ex Miscellanea' seems to be so marginally better than 'Orphan' that I'm honestly not certain it is worth it."
He grew serious again. "I will say this much, though - I try to learn from them all; to gain insights where I can. I can on some level understand how different Traditions do what they do from the practitioners' descriptions, even if I haven't got a snowball's chance in Hell to replicate their results. Verbena blood magic, Hermetic rituals, even to an extent Virtual Adepts' technomancy - I might not be able to rewrite reality like Master Sharaya, for example, but to some extent, I can understand why he's able to do what he does the way he does. I've managed to get by for nearly a quarter of a century this way; at this point, finding a Mentor who I could personally respect, and who would be willing to take on an Orphan with some experience is rather an impressive challenge."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Ryan nodded he looked at the Orphan.
"So you have sewn your Paradigm together from Fantasy books? Boy you would love this Akashic Brother my mentor knows, he Awakened writing a science fiction novel and then the world of that book became real or something like that."
The Cultist commented then he smiles.
"Now as for House Ex Miscellanea, well I guess you are right that they are the Order of Hermes answer to Orphans, hell they even take in Orphans at times and let them keep their own Paradigms if those mages are exceptional enough to be a boon for the Order."
Ryan said then he shrugged.
"But at least with them you would have a Tradition and not be the odd one out among the Traditions anymore, that that it is my place to get involved in your affairs."
The young Cultist said as he waited for everyone to change cars and get settled in.
"I guess that I am lucky there, I have been able to loose myself in music since I was a child, to just shift my consciousness into something deeper so the Sahajiya's way always felt natural to me."
Ryan muttered.

"I can understand some Paradigms in the same category as mine, but someone like Master Sharaya, no I do not understand anything of how he do what he do."
Ryan said then he nodded.
"I see your problem there, and I have to admit that having just taken an apprentice myself, I would be hesitant to take on a already experienced mage, if I am putting that much time and effort into someone then I sort of want to start from scratch and impart my lineage, unless off course I had to take over the training of a dead Cabal member's apprentice or something like that. I can see how finding a willing mentor that is willing to take on an Orphan who have been Awake for years can be hard."
The Cultist commented.

(OOC: Yes that is a reference to the Mage novel Tower of Babel that I wish more would read, yes the others are in a way more exiting and they are urban fantasy adventures, however Tower of Babel is about the nature of reality itself so thematically it is the Mage novel that fit the best, I just had to get a reference in there.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:54 am

"Oh so you are to blame." Jeffry said and suddenly he grinned."Those ehm...children of the Lux Iternis guardian, they have followed you home and have settled down in the Umbra right outside of our wards, a couple of dozen tiny little minor gafflings..."

Adley's eyebrows went up. "Oh?" Then he managed to look both miffed, amused and faintly embarrassed as his mentor explained what happened with the elder Chorister. "It seems I might owe her an apology next I see her for giving her an unintentional turn. I did not realise they'd be so close at hand..." he said.

"Just be aware mea filius that even if your encounters with spirits that have senses your ehm...tenant this far have been positive, chances are there are those who will react equally negative as the two you have spoken to thus far after your accident have been friendly and helpful, so stay alert and be careful."

"Tenant...more like lodger," he said, with a slight smile. "Yes, I imagine it would depend on the nature and purpose of the spirit in question."

"Perhaps I will one day Adley as I will be the first to admit there are things I do not understand, however that should be when there is time for it, also I will always respect your privacy and would never reveal anything I hear or know about you to anyone else as long as it do not concern the safety of this Chantry."

"I did not mean now," he agreed. There was no use speculating about what his mentor did or didn't understand, or what he might want to talk about so he tried not to think about it. If there was a time, then he would talk about it and if not, then not. Meanwhile they had to deal with getting rid of the NWO agent. He assisted escorting her to the car, keeping a lookout for any moves she might make or if she was somehow paying more attention that she seemed like she was. When they got to the car, he opened the backseat door. "Cuffs?"

"She have been given a medicine which will make her out of it for several hours, more than enough time to drop her of, however if you would ride in the back seat with her so you can keep an eye on her, you never know with a mage if she might have a trick up her sleeve."
The old Hermetic muttered.

"Very well," he said. He certainly was not keen to repeat the same mistake as he had before and so kept himself ready.

(meeting)
"I will ask Master Telar to do it, she is one of the best there is, you can be assured that your Avatar will not be harmed." The old war mage said and Beatrice nodded though she looked just as worried.

It seemed that Master Telar was going to be a very busy woman. He looked over at Beatrice, silently asking her if that was acceptable or at least preferable to if the Cheif did so. The woman had been one of the people on the court document, perhaps she was not eager to have her attending to it.

"Well then we should discuss the option of taking this before the Council of Nine as that is a potential solution, though a risky one."
The old mage said. "Then we can go through the other options in turn."

"Pro, it could tighten up the loopholes and vague wording that currently exist. Pro, it could be used as example for the future for those who manage to get a trial. That is also a potential con. Con, it could loosen the wording, make it worse, depending on whom reviews it and sits the trial. Con, retrial could in fact result in sentencing there, and a verdict carried out which is what we do not want." He looked over at Colin and Beatrice.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:47 am

Colin smiled wryly, "Well, I don't pretend to understand the exact means applied by Master Sharaya, but I believe The Doctor summed it up rather well... 'You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.' As for formally joining the Tradition, I suppose you are right on both accounts; it would spare me from being the odd man out, and it isn't entirely your place to involve yourself in my affairs, as such."
He scratched a couple of his scars, eyes glittering mischievously. "Ah, don't worry about it; I'm not taking offense at a well-meaning suggestion. After my mother warned me I'd risk getting shot down and badly injured in war when I joined the RAF, you should have heard the endless sequence of 'I told you so' when I returned home..."

--- Thursday, Meeting ---
Colin leaned forward, resting his chin on his knuckles. "It seems to me the cons outweigh the pros in that particular scenario, unless we can... hm... 'manipulate' is an ugly word in this context, but it seems the more accurate term... If we in any manner can ascertain the Council's mood and predispositions before bringing the matter to their attention, we might stand a chance. I'm not, of course, suggesting anything improper, merely making the necessary observations and predictions as to how the Council would be initially disposed. Bringing the matter before them on a day they were... amiable, or at the very least indifferent would be far preferable to a day when they were already in an unpleasant mood. The most positive aspect of this approach is that the wording will likely be more precise and specific. That... might not lead to a favorable result in our case, but it would most certainly clarify the ambiguities for the future."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:42 am

Adley Thursday:

Adley's eyebrows went up. "Oh?" Then he managed to look both miffed, amused and faintly embarrassed as his mentor explained what happened with the elder Chorister. "It seems I might owe her an apology next I see her for giving her an unintentional turn. I did not realise they'd be so close at hand..." he said.

Jeffry smiles a little.
"Oh do not worry about it, I explained the situation to her. Apparently though these little gafflings really like tough and they are harmless enough."

"Tenant...more like lodger," he said, with a slight smile. "Yes, I imagine it would depend on the nature and purpose of the spirit in question."

"Yes, a low Umbra entity for example might act with aggression towards you or a Umbrood with a vastly different nature than ehm your...lodger."
The old war mage said.
"It is something to keep in mind in case it happens."

He assisted escorting her to the car, keeping a lookout for any moves she might make or if she was somehow paying more attention that she seemed like she was. When they got to the car, he opened the backseat door. "Cuffs?"

Jeffry Morgan considers this, the safety restraining the drugged Technocrat would bring next to the added danger if they encountered sleeper police, eventually he said.
"No for now, just keep an eye on her, but be ready to act the moment you notice her trying anything."

"Very well," he said. He certainly was not keen to repeat the same mistake as he had before and so kept himself ready.

Vera Kessinger did honestly seamed to be pretty out of it, she would walk with assistance, but her eyes where dull and she seamed half asleep as she stumbled in the direction she was lead. You easily get her into your mentor's red Subaru, which are older than you are, with no difficulty. The drive to the airport was uneventful. Vera glazed dully at the cars swooshing by only partly aware of her surroundings. Once close to the airport Jeffry took a turn off from the main road and drove towards the car rental show that lay next door to the huge airport complex.
"Have you eve been to the Umbra part of Logan's mea filius?"
Jeffry asked.
"To the Umbral docks?"
The old Hermetic said as he drone around to the back of the building, the car rental shop had very large, highly polished windows and the old mage begun to chant in Latin and discreetly made simple hand gestures then he begun to dive directly for the back wall of the shop which was one gigantic, polished window where you could see cars displayed in the shop itself on the other side.

Adley and Colin meeting:

It seemed that Master Telar was going to be a very busy woman. He looked over at Beatrice, silently asking her if that was acceptable or at least preferable to if the Cheif did so. The woman had been one of the people on the court document, perhaps she was not eager to have her attending to it.

Beatrice looks at Adley and give a weak smile.
"I remember her."
The young Verbena said in a whisper.
"She hardly looks older than me, unless you look into her eyes."
Beatrice commented.
"In either case she was kind, she called my Avatar pretty."
The blood witch said and looked down though it was clear that at the time when she was surrounded by those who wanted her ill, the Virtual Adept Spirit Master's simple kindness had meant allot.

"Pro, it could tighten up the loopholes and vague wording that currently exist. Pro, it could be used as example for the future for those who manage to get a trial. That is also a potential con. Con, it could loosen the wording, make it worse, depending on whom reviews it and sits the trial. Con, retrial could in fact result in sentencing there, and a verdict carried out which is what we do not want." He looked over at Colin and Beatrice.

Beatrice nodded she looked at Adley.
"I agree I mean if such a plan went well then it cul tighten up the wording of the stay, I mean I am not against having some restrictions in place, I am what I am, but the way things are worded now anyone with ill intent can use almost anything against me, it is a difficult axe to live under."
The young Verbena shivered it was clear now that for the past three years she had lived in constant fear that stay would be lifted.
"On the other hand a retrial could mean..."
Beatrice swallowed hard.
"It is risky in either case."

Colin leaned forward, resting his chin on his knuckles. "It seems to me the cons outweigh the pros in that particular scenario, unless we can... hm... 'manipulate' is an ugly word in this context, but it seems the more accurate term... If we in any manner can ascertain the Council's mood and predispositions before bringing the matter to their attention, we might stand a chance. I'm not, of course, suggesting anything improper, merely making the necessary observations and predictions as to how the Council would be initially disposed. Bringing the matter before them on a day they were... amiable, or at the very least indifferent would be far preferable to a day when they were already in an unpleasant mood. The most positive aspect of this approach is that the wording will likely be more precise and specific. That... might not lead to a favorable result in our case, but it would most certainly clarify the ambiguities for the future."

"Keeping tabs on the Council of Nine is not easy."
Jeffry Morgan commented.
"It is not their mood which is important but rather who is in attendance, usually a trial where Gilgul are a possible outcome would require all nine present but since this would be a retrial, I think whoever was at Horizon at the time would suffice, now some of the Primi are less likely to vote for Gilgul than others, Master Laughing Eagle of the Dreamspeakers for example are very restrictive in such cases as his Tradition see our Gifts as Spirit and his kind are very hesitant with destroying such a creature. That bastard Tytalus that still have his impudent ass glued to the Seat of Forces however seam to delight in handing out as harsh punishments as he can in all cases."
The Flambeau said showing a remarkably uncharacteristic lack of respect for a superior, meaning he really did not like the bastard Tytalus as he referred to him as."

George smiles a little over Jeffry's wording and said nothing though it seamed from his little grin that he was in complete agreement with the Flambeau's assessment of the man.
"I agree Jeffry, the ones we would want in attendance is the Seats of Spirit, Entropy and perhaps Mind. The Seat of Life can go either way so can most of the others, the ones we least want in attendance is the Seats of Prime, due to the Choristers viewing Gilgul as less severe than death and the Seat of Forces due to...well you summed it up quite nicely if crudely Sodalis."
The old mage commented.

"I guess we could send someone to watch for which of the Nine where on Horizon and bring my apprentice before them at the most opportune time, however as the Chief have already said keeping tabs on the Primi are not easy."
Amadeus who had been silent up until now said.
"We do in a way have a boon in this young Fallen Technocrat that Mr Wainwright among other captured last night though, his punishment are a forgone conclusion, he is a Nephandus of his own free will."
The Verbena said with very little compassion in his voice, he had none for the Fallen.
"However the Council would be hesitant to have two Gilguls in a short amount of time as that is sure to stir up temperaments in Horizon, no mage like to think about the possibility that they might loose their magick, and to have ti happen to two magi in a short amount of time, there will be waves from that, waves the Council of Nine might want to avoid."
The old Verbena said then he sigh.
"That being said I had to pull every string I had to get Beatrice that stay in the first place, I fear a second trial might not go a favorably."
Amadeus finished.

"The problem is also that Mr Dale's trial might take a couple of weeks, and we do not have that amount of time, if we planned to conveniently slip Beatrice in when doing the same to her would be inconvenient for public morale, also the Council might just keep her in a cell for a little while until the dust settles, also remember Master Nassa, there is a difference between a Gilgul performed on a member of the Traditions, and one done to a Nephandi, for a captured Nephandus it is just what we do, unpleasant yes but it is the only way to make sure they do not come back, to our own however...the Order of Hermes have only sentenced fifteen of it's members to that punishment since Heylel Teomim, with members of the other Traditions the number is seventy five or around there, meaning such a thing is extremely rare, Nephandi and those born with Fallen Avatars however, at least one a year if not more, it would not get the same reaction."
Jeffry Morgan said.

Beatrice looked down she did not like the thought of using another's misfortune as a shield for herself.
"What about the option of spreading information about my case, I mean sure some might attack me if they knew but perhaps enough would be sympathetic to halt D'Angelo."
The young Verbena suggested. George shook his head.
"Perhaps but I think nothing shot of enough outcry to remove her from her position would halt her Miss Alexander."
The ancient mage replied.

Colin, Tane and Bianca airport, Wednesday:

Colin smiled wryly, "Well, I don't pretend to understand the exact means applied by Master Sharaya, but I believe The Doctor summed it up rather well... 'You know the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.' As for formally joining the Tradition, I suppose you are right on both accounts; it would spare me from being the odd man out, and it isn't entirely your place to involve yourself in my affairs, as such."

Ryan sigh as he glances back at Colin.
"Forgive me if I made you uncomfortable, I will drop the subject if you want me to."
The cultist said then he smiles.
"And this doctor of yours sound like a smart man Colin, especially considering we know the world is not based on fact, but belief, and it is the tapestry created by that belief that we can reweave with our magick, it is wise to remember that our own beliefs as well as no less absolute than those of the sleepers."

He scratched a couple of his scars, eyes glittering mischievously. "Ah, don't worry about it; I'm not taking offense at a well-meaning suggestion. After my mother warned me I'd risk getting shot down and badly injured in war when I joined the RAF, you should have heard the endless sequence of 'I told you so' when I returned home..."

"Oh my, remind me not to piss of your mother Colin."
Ryan said with a slight grin.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:20 am

Jeffry smiles a little. "Oh do not worry about it, I explained the situation to her. Apparently though these little gafflings really like tough and they are harmless enough."

"Thank you for setting her mind at ease," he said. Perhaps if there was an opportunity or reason he might have a look for himself. He wondered what she was doing riding around on a bicycle looking about the Umbra anyway, he would think that would be entirely disorienting. Though perhaps not for her or perhaps she simply noticed there were many spirits and took it upon herself to look. In any event, it appeared she hadn't come to harm and had meant well.

"Yes, a low Umbra entity for example might act with aggression towards you or a Umbrood with a vastly different nature than ehm your...lodger." The old war mage said.

He nodded. It wasn't as if his own avatar wasn't different enough in nature but so far it had not caused major disruption.

Jeffry Morgan considers this, the safety restraining the drugged Technocrat would bring next to the added danger if they encountered sleeper police, eventually he said. "No for now, just keep an eye on her, but be ready to act the moment you notice her trying anything.

He got in the car beside her, affixing her safety beltl. He made sure her door was locked, sat himself and then kept a close eye on her as they drove.

Once close to the airport Jeffry took a turn off from the main road and drove towards the car rental show that lay next door to the huge airport complex. "Have you ever been to the Umbra part of Logan's mea filius?" Jeffry asked. "To the Umbral docks?"

"No," he replied, noting the route they took. It wasn't an every day event that they -returned- captured prisoners of war. At least alive. He wondered if they were simply going to dump her over and drive away.

(meeting)

Bea: "I remember her."The young Verbena said in a whisper. "She hardly looks older than me, unless you look into her eyes." Beatrice commented. "In either case she was kind, she called my Avatar pretty."

He nodded, satisfied that she wasn't going to be terrified of her at least.

Colin: 'Bringing the matter before them on a day they were... amiable, or at the very least indifferent would be far preferable to a day when they were already in an unpleasant mood. The most positive aspect of this approach is that the wording will likely be more precise and specific. That... might not lead to a favorable result in our case, but it would most certainly clarify the ambiguities for the future.

Jeffry: "It is not their mood which is important but rather who is in attendance, usually a trial where Gilgul are a possible outcome would require all nine present but since this would be a retrial, I think whoever was at Horizon at the time would suffice, now some of the Primi are less likely to vote for Gilgul than others, Master Laughing Eagle of the Dreamspeakers for example are very restrictive in such cases as his Tradition see our Gifts as Spirit and his kind are very hesitant with destroying such a creature. That bastard Tytalus that still have his impudent ass glued to the Seat of Forces however seam to delight in handing out as harsh punishments as he can in all cases."

Adley raised an eyebrow. "Dare I ask who the Primus of the Seat of Forces is?" Knowing their names would spare him from referring to him mentally as 'that bastard Tytalus' no matter how accurate it might be.

Amadeus: "We do in a way have a boon in this young Fallen Technocrat that Mr Wainwright among other captured last night though, his punishment are a forgone conclusion, he is a Nephandus of his own free will...However the Council would be hesitant to have two Gilguls in a short amount of time...there will be waves from that, waves the Council of Nine might want to avoid." The old Verbena said then he sigh. "That being said I had to pull every string I had to get Beatrice that stay in the first place, I fear a second trial might not go a favorably.

Free will...he had been coerced from his position of need and had not understood what he had sold. He was not sure how much that counted to free will but the boy had been Awakened and he was now a full Nephandus regardless.

"What about the option of spreading information about my case, I mean sure some might attack me if they knew but perhaps enough would be sympathetic to halt D'Angelo." The young Verbena suggested.
George shook his head. "Perhaps but I think nothing shot of enough outcry to remove her from her position would halt her Miss Alexander."

"There is the fact that D'Angelo's brother was the one who sought Susanna's gilgul, even after she had been checked for the taint of inversion and found to be clean. They still proceeded; there were those that were not in favour of such a thing. The pair of them are dangerous, both judges with the same agenda and supporters of their own. Surely there are others in similar standing who do not feel this was a just outcome for Susanna who might, upon seeing something similar unfolding, be more likely to stand on the matter?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:46 am

"Thank you for setting her mind at ease," he said. Perhaps if there was an opportunity or reason he might have a look for himself. He wondered what she was doing riding around on a bicycle looking about the Umbra anyway, he would think that would be entirely disorienting. Though perhaps not for her or perhaps she simply noticed there were many spirits and took it upon herself to look. In any event, it appeared she hadn't come to harm and had meant well.

"Well she is a pleasant enough lady, but getting a little senile like I said, I wonder why she do not have someone heal it, but some magi feel healing the natural troubles of age make them less human."
The old Hermetic said.
"Well you should see to your gafflings when you have the chance, they are right outside the ward on the north side of the building."

"No," he replied, noting the route they took. It wasn't an every day event that they -returned- captured prisoners of war. At least alive. He wondered if they were simply going to dump her over and drive away.

Jeffry simply continued driving, the drove through the mirror surface of the window but it did not break, instead the environment changed somewhat as the car came out of the same window. This was the penumbra so everything was mostly the same, the car rental shop where there, but the cars inside showed their true colors that their fresh paint hid, they showed the wear and the grime, every building where the same, but it was just more true in a way, the airport shone with the hope and dreams of it's travelers but above the skies hung heavy with dark pollution from all the planes.

That behind said the place was not so much and airport anymore, Adley would be able to see the masts of a old fashioned, English frigate poking up over the reception area and from above a space ship that could have been taken straight of out a science fiction novel descended towards the runway.

"Welcome of the Logan Umbra docks mea filius"
Jeffry said with a smile.
"This is the only dock for Umbral vessels for a couple of states which is what gives Boston such an important place in North American mage society as everyone for miles who want to travel by ship have to come here. Over there is a hotel as you can see where many magi who come here to travel to other world stay until a ship is ready to take them, this whole complex is a marvelous place really."
The old mage said then the look in his eyes turned darker though his expression did not change.
"Unfortunately we share it with the Technocracy."

Jeffry Morgan begun to lead the way towards the airport though he stopped at the first bench he saw.
"Let us place her here, she is safe enough and will be found eventually."
The old Hermetic said and pointed at the bench.

All the time Vera Kessinger have just followed where she was led, seaming hardly aware of what was going on around her, it was likely that if she was laid down on a bench she would quickly fall asleep until either someone found her or the drugs wore off.

Meeting:

Adley raised an eyebrow. "Dare I ask who the Primus of the Seat of Forces is?" Knowing their names would spare him from referring to him mentally as 'that bastard Tytalus' no matter how accurate it might be.

Jeffry gave a sour expression:
"Archmaster Getulio Vargas Sao Cristavao, a man of such refined accomplishments include driving the final nail in the coffin that made the Ahl-i-Batin leave when the Batini came to the Council to protest it's apathy towards European exploits into the Middle East and the Technocracy destroying their holdings, Master Cristavao compared their ideals to camel dung. Later he also cost us a whole faction of Dreamspeakers with similar insults, the man is crude, cruel and drunk on power, unfortunately he is also incredibly magickally potent."
The old Hermetic spat.

"There is the fact that D'Angelo's brother was the one who sought Susanna's gilgul, even after she had been checked for the taint of inversion and found to be clean. They still proceeded; there were those that were not in favour of such a thing. The pair of them are dangerous, both judges with the same agenda and supporters of their own. Surely there are others in similar standing who do not feel this was a just outcome for Susanna who might, upon seeing something similar unfolding, be more likely to stand on the matter?"

"Is there a possibility in getting Miss Florentine herself to tell her story, I hear she is alive, if so her story would be a powerful one to turn many against the D'Angelo siblings."
Jeffry asked but George shook his head.
"Think of what she have been through Jeffry, we will try to ask her mentor if we may talk with her about how to possibly cleanse Miss Alexander's Avatar, but...to ask her to repeat her story to strangers, I would not ask that of the poor girl."
Jeffry nodded at that.
"You are probably right, what about her Cabal then?"
George nodded.
"Perhaps...I would be more inclined to have the multiple Masters who confirmed her Avatar clean testify, now that is a powerful statement. I have requested Miss Florentine's court documents but since she is now an apprentice with House Mercere and as such officially a member of the Order of Hermes, though many do not consider the ungifted Mercere to be so, the girl herself or her mentor would have to give consent for me to get those papers. However since your friend Master Telar have a particular interest in Avatars it would not surprise me if he knew about the case and who examined Miss Florentine, perhaps you can ask her."
Jeffry nodded.
"It would not surprise me if she did now, I am planning on having dinner with her tonight, I will ask her then, or after the meeting when I will contact her and ask her if she will take a sample of Miss Alexander's core Quintessence."
George nodded.
"Good good."

Amadeus spoke up at that.
"Well that the D'Angelo siblings are dangerous that I agree with, but do remember Mr Roth Hicks that the Council of Nine still sentenced Susannah Florentine, and this judge still got six Masters of Spirit willing to destroy an clean Avatar, the problem go far deeper than just these two siblings."
The Verbena said with a sigh, then Jeffry grinned.
"True but if can get her brother into hot water, I bet Vittoria D'Angelo would be willing to talk to get us to back off."
Amadeus nodded at that.
"If the water was hot enough perhaps."
George chimed in.
"That the Council convicted is odd, I suspect not all of them where present, as they should be in a Gilgul case, but we know for a fact it do not always happen. I suspect D'Angelo got the case though one day when there where only a couple of Primi present, the court documents would show that however, meaning it is imperative that we get them."

Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashan101 Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:01 pm

(ooc have lost where I am at with the days Sad )

Ashan101

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:29 pm

(OOC: You are at Thursday afternoon that is when you made the appointment for Narim, the time of the meeting some of the other characters is are Thursday late afternoon so not allot of time have passed. As in Richard did the job to set up the apointment on Thursday but the appointment was on Friday.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:32 pm

Colin arched an eyebrow, eyes twinkling. "Why Mister Darehill, are you saying you are unfamiliar with The Doctor? An over two thousand years old alien time traveler with a living, intelligent time machine camouflaged as a 1960s police box? For shame, for shame; we need to do something about your lack of appreciation for the finer points of British culture. As for my mother, I'm sure she'd simply adore you - a handsome, young musician like you, she'd try to set you up with my little sister, bless her soul."
Looking serious again, he added, "On to the issue at hand, best head straight north for the marshes, and we'll try to assess the situation there. Actually... Coawa, can you see anything in the mirrors?"

Colin arched an eyebrow, "Forgive my ignorance, please, but about when was Heylel Teomim? Just so I have an approximate frame of reference for the frequency of... well."
He cleared his throat. "As for the court documents pertaining to Miss Florentine, I shall keep that in mind when I attempt contact her Mentor - it is perhaps a good thing, then, that I hadn't had the time to call earlier, when I was unaware of that aspect of the matter."
He made a few quick notes for himself.
"Assuming Miss Florentine or Mister Gregario do consent to our reviewing her case documents, is there anything I should do to coordinate the document transfer to us, or will that be a fairly automatic procedure in that they're already receiving notification of the request?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:18 pm

Wednesday airport:

"Oh that doctor..."
Ryan said and giggled.
"I have not seen the show I fear, though I might, I might."
The Cultist smiles.
"Ah I see a sister you say..."
Ryan grins then he turns serious and nods, he wait for everyone to get into the cars and then start driving.

Coawa glances in the car's review mirror.
"All I am currently seeing is the things your kind have made of the Penumbra in this area."
Ryan chimes in.
"You mean the docks?"
Coawa nods.
"Yes, I guess that would explain what I am seeing, I am sensing something though, I do not think we are out of danger yet."

Thursday meeting:

Jeffry Morgan looked a bit puzzled at Colin's lack of knowledge of important dates in Tradition history, he makes no comment though and merely says.
"Heylel Teomim Thoabath was sentenced to Gilgul for grand treason in November of 1470."
The old Hermetic said.
"So assuming each of the other Traditions have sentenced members to that punishment half as frequently as the Order of Hermes that would mean it happens about once a decade."
The old mage said and sigh, he did not like to think about just how many Avatars where lost forever, quite a few of them not corrupted but rather the punishment had been given to make and example of the host, like in Heylel's case.

Jeffry nods when Colin speak about the court documents.
"Yes try to bring that up and let us hope Miss Florentine's mentor are willing to talk with you. Now Mr Gregario is a Mercere I am quite sure he can handle delivering documents, most likely he or Miss Florentine have a copy of the court documents, just ask them to send them through the regular network of their House."
The old Hermetic commented.
"Have you been informed of Mr Gregorio's circumstances though? He might be hostile towards anyone in the Traditions, though hopefully an Orphan might put him at ease, at least we can hope so."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:03 pm

Colin nodded, "Very well, then, Mr. Darehill, let us, as you Americans say, roll."

Colin nodded, and noted down the name and year. "Thank you, Sir - I'll make sure to look it up in my spare time; while being ignorant is no sin, willfully remaining so is. As for Mr. Gregario's personal... history, I've been informed of the most salient points. I concur; my unaffiliated status might well be our best angle from which to approach him. I guess there is an unexpected benefit to my being unable to find a... compatible Mentor, after all."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:14 pm

Thursday meeting:

Jeffry nodded to what Colin said about remaining willingly ignorant being a sin.
"I agree Mr Wainwright no one cant fault a person for what they do not know, however not being willing to learn is something else."
The old mage sigh.
"Yes for once Mr Wainwright you being an Orphan might indeed bring benefit, we will have to wait and see if Mr Gregario will indeed speak with you."

(OOC: I am waiting with replying to the airport scene to let Tane and Bianca get a chance to reply as well.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:26 pm

"Well she is a pleasant enough lady, but getting a little senile like I said, I wonder why she do not have someone heal it, but some magi feel healing the natural troubles of age make them less human." The old Hermetic said. "Well you should see to your gafflings when you have the chance, they are right outside the ward on the north side of the building."

"I see. Well, I admit to not being entirely sure what to do with them all." He rubbed a hand through his hair. "I did not expect to be hosting a sleepover for small spirits when the gate guardian offered help. It would be inconsiderate to ask them all to go home, if they are causing no harm and are awaiting a purpose. But yes I should at least 'see to them' in some manner." He took a few more steps. "I do not suppose you have any suggestions?" Perhaps he -should- send them home, if the gafflings had other duties to attend to. They probably did not have very much in the way of conversational intelligence about them.

Adley would be able to see the masts of a old fashioned, English frigate poking up over the reception area and from above a space ship that could have been taken straight of out a science fiction novel descended towards the runway. "Welcome of the Logan Umbra docks mea filius" Jeffry said with a smile.

He kept an eye on Vera but would have liked to have a better look at the Umrbal docks. Another time, if it presented itself, though he caught several interesting sights. Mast ships like the USS Constitution and space ships all in the same space. He couldn't help but smile a bit in wonder. He'd been through gates before, so driving through a window did not upset him, and seen some of the umbra but it was good to see areas that he'd never been, something different.

"This is the only dock for Umbral vessels for a couple of states which is what gives Boston such an important place in North American mage society as everyone for miles who want to travel by ship have to come here. Over there is a hotel as you can see where many magi who come here to travel to other world stay until a ship is ready to take them, this whole complex is a marvelous place really."

"I would like to see more of this place at some time," he admitted. "As duties allowed, of course."

Jeffry Morgan begun to lead the way towards the airport though he stopped at the first bench he saw. "Let us place her here, she is safe enough and will be found eventually." The old Hermetic said and pointed at the bench.

"Very well." He pulled up his hood and turned to release the seat belt on Vera, still cautious she would manage to try to do a runner, or something. She looked drugged up but she was NWO and they could have powerful ars mens. Then as they readied to put her on the bench he glanced around to see who might notice them; you never knew, they were probably being watched as they spoke and he did not want to draw more attention than they had to.

(meeting)
"Archmaster Getulio Vargas Sao Cristavao, a man of such refined accomplishments include driving the final nail in the coffin that made the Ahl-i-Batin leave when the Batini came to the Council to protest it's apathy towards European exploits into the Middle East and the Technocracy destroying their holdings, Master Cristavao compared their ideals to camel dung. Later he also cost us a whole faction of Dreamspeakers with similar insults, the man is crude, cruel and drunk on power, unfortunately he is also incredibly magickally potent."

Adley could not hide his look of dismayed affront, a flicker of understanding why this man was called 'that bastard Tytalus.' "I see." The more he learned about some members of his Tradition, the more thankful he was brought up under his mentor's tutelage and tradition views.

"You are probably right, what about her Cabal then?"
George nodded."Perhaps...I would be more inclined to have the multiple Masters who confirmed her Avatar clean testify

He frowned. "I know that the man I spoke with today would be hard pressed to tell such a tale again, though he does wish Beatrice to have better luck than Susanna. He only spoke with me because she would have wished it. The entire event sits heavily in his heart and he wants little to do with Hermetics."

Jeffry nodded."It would not surprise me if [Telar] did now, I am planning on having dinner with her tonight, I will ask her then, or after the meeting when I will contact her and ask her if she will take a sample of Miss Alexander's core Quintessence."

He looked over at his pater. Dinner? Well, then. He didn't say anything of course. Perhaps it was a working dinner, or at least it was -now- but he was still surprised and also glad for him.

Amadeus spoke up at that. "Well that the D'Angelo siblings are dangerous that I agree with, but do remember Mr Roth Hicks that the Council of Nine still sentenced Susannah Florentine, and this judge still got six Masters of Spirit willing to destroy an clean Avatar, the problem go far deeper than just these two siblings."

"I have not forgotten, Master Nassa."

George chimed in."That the Council convicted is odd, I suspect not all of them where present, as they should be in a Gilgul case, but we know for a fact it do not always happen. I suspect D'Angelo got the case though one day when there where only a couple of Primi present, the court documents would show that however, meaning it is imperative that we get them."

"They have the ability, due to connections, knowledge, titles, resources, to slip things between the cracks and to expose all the loopholes, meanwhile we are on the defensive seeking to bolster what we have at hand. It is damnable."

He cleared his throat. "As for the court documents pertaining to Miss Florentine, I shall keep that in mind when I attempt contact her Mentor - it is perhaps a good thing, then, that I hadn't had the time to call earlier, when I was unaware of that aspect of the matter."
He made a few quick notes for himself.

He looked over at Colin. "Please proceed with your normal utmost sense of care. Her cabalmate thought she had been much reduced in state, perhaps she has recovered somewhat since then but we simply do not know what she might be like now. He could not bring himself to see her since. And as I said, Mr Gregario has even less reason to be endeared to us...I can only hope that association does not carry over."

"Heylel Teomim Thoabath was sentenced to Gilgul for grand treason in November of 1470." The old Hermetic said.

"For betraying the Traditions to what later became the Technocracy's New World Order," he added, in case that wasn't obvious. "He was the Solificati representative of the First Cabal." Some events cast long shadows and that was one of them.

Colin nodded, and noted down the name and year. "Thank you, Sir - I'll make sure to look it up in my spare time; while being ignorant is no sin, willfully remaining so is.

"Spare time..." he rubbed a hand across his nose. "It seems we would be able to work on some of these matters for this one in tandem, without conflict for now."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaq Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:47 pm

(ooc: I fell too behind the airport scene, Bianca will just fade to background.)
Jaq
Jaq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:41 pm

Adley Thursday:

"I see. Well, I admit to not being entirely sure what to do with them all." He rubbed a hand through his hair. "I did not expect to be hosting a sleepover for small spirits when the gate guardian offered help. It would be inconsiderate to ask them all to go home, if they are causing no harm and are awaiting a purpose. But yes I should at least 'see to them' in some manner."

"They are doing no harm no they are just crawling about acting like any spider would I assume, gafflings of this level are only seminally sentient. I agree though you should show them the respect of going to see them."
Jeffry said with a smile he seamed to find the whole situation amusing.

"I do not suppose you have any suggestions?" Perhaps he -should- send them home, if the gafflings had other duties to attend to. They probably did not have very much in the way of conversational intelligence about them.

"Well they are tiny preservative Earth elementals, we could always ask them to work in the library preserving our books from decay, it would be better than having them crawl on our walls scaring sweet old Choristers."
The old mage muttered again grinning a little.

"I would like to see more of this place at some time," he admitted. "As duties allowed, of course."

"I would not mind showing your around when things calm down enough at the Chantry and with our current situations to get a moment to breathe, this place is really quite amazing, mystical and technomagickal arts combined perfectly."
Jeffry commented as he stepped out of the car.
"And the ships themselves are quite the wonders, vessels meant to take it's passengers safely through the Umbra, they are some of the most complicated Talismans the Traditions know how to make, a Verditius or a Etherite would be able to tell you more about them than me though."
The old Hermetic said then he pointed to the English frigate.
"That is the Mary Helena headed for Horizon this evening."
Jeffry explained then he pointed to what looked like a rather bulky space ship.
"That is a Void Engineer Deep Umbral exploration vessel, they are probably docking for repairs and supplies before heading out again, I do not know much about it though."

"Very well." He pulled up his hood and turned to release the seat belt on Vera, still cautious she would manage to try to do a runner, or something. She looked drugged up but she was NWO and they could have powerful ars mens. Then as they readied to put her on the bench he glanced around to see who might notice them; you never knew, they were probably being watched as they spoke and he did not want to draw more attention than they had to.

Vera sat down on the bench when directed her eyes unfocused. You see no one around though this do seam to be a fairly well used area. Jeffry looks at Vera and sigh.
"I was going to just leave her here but I guess there is always a chance she might wander off in her dazed state and hurt herself or get into trouble in other ways before she is found. Stay here with her and keep your eyes open, I will find one of the damned Void Engineers, this Technocrat can burn for all I care...but a deal is a deal, and this is more or less neutral ground, prisoner exchanges have happened here quite often."
The old mage sigh before he heads towards the Umbral representation of the airport with quick, irritated steps, having to lift a finger to protect the safety of a Technocrat was not something he did gladly.

Meeting:

He frowned. "I know that the man I spoke with today would be hard pressed to tell such a tale again, though he does wish Beatrice to have better luck than Susanna. He only spoke with me because she would have wished it. The entire event sits heavily in his heart and he wants little to do with Hermetics."

"I understand his reluctance, the thought of loosing a Cabalmate in such a way...no if at all possible we will leave Mr Allen to his grief in peace, we have as far as you say Mr Roth Hicks the information we need from him, confirmation that Miss Florentine's Avatar was cleansed. Now far more valuable would be the Masters who examined her."
George said with compassion in his voice.

He looked over at his pater. Dinner? Well, then. He didn't say anything of course. Perhaps it was a working dinner, or at least it was -now- but he was still surprised and also glad for him.

Jeffry said nothing but he gave his apprentice a hint of a smile before he looked over to the next speaker paying attention to everything that was being said.

"I have not forgotten, Master Nassa."

Amadeus nodded, it was clear from the look in his eyes that he did not like the Primi, he might even like them less than he did your mentor, the list of mages that Amadeus Nassa had on his hate list was pretty long it seamed, but in this case there where as good reason for it, these people had spared Beatrice but left her with a verdict so loose that it had caused this situation, and they had sentenced a innocent cleansed girl to Gilgul, or at least some of them had.

"They have the ability, due to connections, knowledge, titles, resources, to slip things between the cracks and to expose all the loopholes, meanwhile we are on the defensive seeking to bolster what we have at hand. It is damnable."

Jeffry sigh and nods.
"The D'Angelos abuse their power, and yes they have the status and resources to exploit a flawed system and are not afraid to get burned themselves in the process making them extremely dangerous."
Amadeus chimed in.
"Perhaps we should contact an Enforcer, this seam to be right up their alley."
The old Verbena said and Jeffry nodded.
"Perhaps but they are no great fans of the Fallen, they might put your apprentice in as much danger as the D'Angelos if we get the wrong one."
The old mage said then he turned to Colin to explain.
"The Order of Hermes have a House, Guernicus dedicated to law and order and so our Quaesitoris usually handle most of the justice matters for the Traditions, as they are specialized for it, other Traditions have lawyers and judges yes but they are individual members who are highly skilled in Tradition law, however there are one other Tradition that have a faction dedicated to law and order, the Cult of Ecstasy have their Enforcers, which then have become the non Hermetic name for all judges within the Traditions. In either case the Enforcers in addition to handling judicial matters actively seek out abuses of power and stomp it out, you can say they are like a combination of the Quaesitoris and House Flambeau, and you can recognize them by the Lotus sword they carry."
Jeffry Morgan said and ended his little impromptu lesson in Tradition administration.

"For betraying the Traditions to what later became the Technocracy's New World Order," he added, in case that wasn't obvious. "He was the Solificati representative of the First Cabal." Some events cast long shadows and that was one of them.

Jeffry glanced over at Amadeus when the Solificati was mentioned, the old Verbena still blamed his House for the Schism War and yet the Verbena had not been shy about doing the same to another as had been done to them and in the wake of Haylel's treason they had gone to war, with a few allies, on the whole of the Solificati Tradition destroying all but twelve of the Crowned Ones. George who notice Jeffry's look seams eager to avoid the discussion getting closer to something that would trigger and argument between the two so he said.
"Well then, we will need to wait and see if we can get those court documents before we decide if going before the Nine with Miss Alexander's case is a viable option. Should we also discuss the option of bargaining with Vittoria D'Angelo perhaps offering her to find a way to bind Miss Alexander's Avatar so it can be found after her death, or even attempt to change it into a artificial phylactery? Something that have been done successfully once, it is not an ideal solution but...better than the alternative."

Jeffy sigh and looks to George.
"I do not know about a phylactery Primus, we can always ask Miss Telar she was the leader of the team that created the artificial phylactery you speak of...however such a thing have been completed once, by a team of the best researchers the Traditions have, I doubt we could spare the resources to do it, even if it meant saving one of our own...I doubt we have the resources needed in the first place never mind being able to spare them, and the danger in something like that, it would more likely than not just be a slower, more painful Gilgul..."
The old war mage said and George nodded.
"You are right off course, but if it is the absolute only chance we have I might be able to get the resources needed, however what you say about the risk involved are correct, it is not a desirable solution."

Beatrice sat in her seat looking nervously down while the other magi discussed what could be done to save her, she looked rather pale and ill, this was not a easy thing for her to listen to.
"Well a little hope is better than no hope, but I would not want my Avatar to be experimented upon."
The Verbena said fearfully.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:44 pm

(OOC: Jaq this is what have happened your group walked out of the airport, on the way Coawa noticed a dark presence in the Umbra, you got to the car, drove to where Rosa had left her car and then have discussed who should drive in which car, eventually agreeing on Ryan, Colin and Coawa in one and Tane, Rosa and Bianca in the other, and now they are just started driving to the marches to see if they can get rid of the spirit or whatever it is following them there so they do not bring it back to the Chantry. Everything else have just been chatting between characters.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next