Chantry Steelhaven Hall-Boston Mage PBP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

+3
Caedus
Jaq
Ashan101
7 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:29 pm

"Good, well, it wouldn't stop me from trying to get them anyway. We'll need a plan B."

"As many plans as possible would be a good idea when the stakes are an Avatar."
The Scribe said and nodded.

He nodded. "Yes, you're right. They may not stand for the whole Council. If the 'bad apples' haven't spread at least. But listen to me, you're right. A few bad apples doesn't mean the whole is yet unsalvagable."

"I can only hope that our Order and the Traditions themselves are not all rotten. I know so many good, decent mages I can not think that our leaders are all bad...I can not believe I am raising my apprentice into an organization where the leaders are rotten, I have to believe there are some bad apples and that those bad seeds can be rooted out."
Antonio said in a serious tone of voice he obviously had faith in both the Order and the Traditions.

"Yes and not in a very long time. Do you know where this address is, in the grand scheme of Horizon? With such short time, we can hardly afford to wander around lost."

"Master Telar said that Mr Bachmeier live in the Order of Hermes section of Horizon Chantry, the information I found said he is of House Jerbiton, that means he will be living with the Ex Miscellanea, so going straight for Horizon Chantry and then asking for directions once there sounds like a good idea, someone have to know who have what room."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

https://chantrysteelhaven.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3 - Page 30 Empty Re: Nephandi, saving Avatars and Tradition politics IC thread 3

Post by Adley Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:43 pm

"I can only hope that our Order and the Traditions themselves are not all rotten. I know so many good, decent mages I can not think that our leaders are all bad...I can not believe I am raising my apprentice into an organization where the leaders are rotten, I have to believe there are some bad apples and that those bad seeds can be rooted out."

"We should have more than hope. But there are many decent mages, like yourself," he agreed. Someone would have enough gall to challenge and defeat 'that Tytalus' at some point, that or he would eventually turn over. He looked as if Antonio's words had bolstered him.

Master Telar said that Mr Bachmeier live in the Order of Hermes section of Horizon Chantry, the information I found said he is of House Jerbiton, that means he will be living with the Ex Miscellanea, so going straight for Horizon Chantry and then asking for directions once there sounds like a good idea, someone have to know who have what room."

"No time to waste then. Thank you," he said and headed to see if Cita was still in Tobias's room.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:01 pm

"We should have more than hope. But there are many decent mages, like yourself," he agreed. Someone would have enough gall to challenge and defeat 'that Tytalus' at some point, that or he would eventually turn over. He looked as if Antonio's words had bolstered him.

Antonio nodded he smiled. As you stand there talking Amadeus comes out of Beatrice's room.
"Mr Wainwright said you two wanted a word with me."
The old mage said, he seamed sad, grief in his eyes. Antonio nodded and quickly brought the old mage up to speed on the possible solution he had found then he said.
"I think Mr Wainwright wanted you informed."
Amadeus nodded he looked a little bit more hopeful.
"Thank you Antonio, I owe you, is there anything I can do to help this plan succeed?"
Amadeus asked.

"No time to waste then. Thank you," he said and headed to see if Cita was still in Tobias's room.

Cita opened the door to Tobias room, the Spirit Master looked tired, she had worked allot of complicated magick this day, still she give a smile when she see you.
"The portal is ready to activate Adley..."
She said as she hurried to her computer.
"How is Beatrice?"
The woman asked but she was already typing away, obviously not intending to waste time talking. You see Tobias is still sleeping on the sofa.
"Ok take this phone, it is connected to my computer, when you are ready to go back, destroy it, that will e my signal to open another portal to get you back."
Cita said before she tossed a simple, cheap, cell phone over to you.
"Now as I told your Cabalmate...opening portals across the Umbra, that takes all I got and then some, I think I will be able to do it, but there is always a risk. Now in addition Mr Wainwright and I have a plan to delay the ritual, but I will not be able to do so for long, but I might be able to buy you another half an hour...now avoid the Security Council, teleporting into Horizon is not illegal but it is frowned upon, if they encounter you they will delay you."
The Virtual Adept said as she tried to give as much information as she could in as short a time as possible, then she paused with her finger hovering over the enter button.
"Any questions?"
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:46 pm

Colin almost reflexively bowed to the phone, "Thank you, Cita. I'm an old soldier; standing by powerless to actively do anything is insufferable, especially when someone dear to me is at stake. At the very least I can add two and two together and come up with delaying tactics that others are able to apply. Thank you, and good luck."
Colin waited a moment before he hung up, grinned broadly and glomped Beatrice.
"We may be able to buy people a little more time and mightily annoy D'Angelo in the process... if we're really lucky, we can have the D'Angelos removed from office for years, though I don't know if we can realistically hope for that much."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:01 pm

Colin almost reflexively bowed to the phone, "Thank you, Cita. I'm an old soldier; standing by powerless to actively do anything is insufferable, especially when someone dear to me is at stake. At the very least I can add two and two together and come up with delaying tactics that others are able to apply. Thank you, and good luck."

"I will do what I can Mr Wainwright it might not delay it with much, but it will probably buy some extra time, I only wished there where more I could do. Good luck to you as well and tell the Verbena girl...tell her I wish her the best."
The Virtual Adept said.
"Her and he pretty angle."
Cita was perhaps the only one who could call the monstrosity living in Beatrice's soul for a pretty angle with a straight face though.

There was something about Colin, even in this dreadful situation his grin made Beatrice smile herself, if only for a little while as he hugged her.
"Well I guess I will try not to completely give up hope then."
The young Verbena said and looked down, she still looked terrified but at least there where some hope in her eyes now.
"At least these Quaesitores will remember me as...bothersome."
The young Verbena muttered.
"But what is it you are scheming?"
Beatrice found herself curious, she had stopped shivering and for a moment she wondered how her Cabalmate did it...always found the right words to talk to anyone.
"You could probably sell holy water to a Labyrinth and talk them into using it to wash their caul with."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:17 pm

"The portal is ready to activate Adley..." She said as she hurried to her computer. "How is Beatrice?

"As well as anyone could be given the circumstances," he replied. He walked inside and closed the door, walking closer to Cita.

"Ok take this phone, it is connected to my computer, when you are ready to go back, destroy it, that will e my signal to open another portal to get you back." Cita said before she tossed a simple, cheap, cell phone over to you.

He took the phone and looked it it, then pocketed it with a nod. If anyone would be able to get a signal through a Horizon realm, it would be her, he figured, seeing as how she was about to put him through a gate with a computer.

"Now as I told your Cabalmate...opening portals across the Umbra, that takes all I got and then some, I think I will be able to do it, but there is always a risk. Now in addition Mr Wainwright and I have a plan to delay the ritual, but I will not be able to do so for long, but I might be able to buy you another half an hour...now avoid the Security Council, teleporting into Horizon is not illegal but it is frowned upon, if they encounter you they will delay you."

"How much time do I have, starting now?" he asked, and then nodded at the information about the security. "I will try to clear the area as soon as I can."

The Virtual Adept said as she tried to give as much information as she could in as short a time as possible, then she paused with her finger hovering over the enter button. "Any questions?"

"I will need a way to copy the files over, ahead of time would be better than if I have to wait until I return. And do I need to be in the same place as you put me to leave? Also, though I am not sure if it is significant, given the danger, but I will tell you that somehow Beatrice's avatar...touched me. What with all the things that have interacted with my avatar of late, I'm not sure what effect it has had on my spirit. But as importantly, the reason that it is different than other Fallen is that it loves its host. It loves her and does not wish her to suffer." Then he said, "I'm ready, thank you for this Cita." He hoped that nothing would happen for all her difficult workings, but at least this time it was a worthy cause that he knew she believed was worth the risk. And he did as well, so there was no hesitation as he stood there waiting, going over the information that had been provided by her, Colin and Antonio.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:40 pm

"As well as anyone could be given the circumstances," he replied. He walked inside and closed the door, walking closer to Cita.

"Poor girl..."
Cita muttered she sighed but said nothing more about it, she could imagine that the young Verbena was in a pretty bad condition.

"How much time do I have, starting now?" he asked, and then nodded at the information about the security. "I will try to clear the area as soon as I can."

"One hour and forty three minutes plus whatever extra time I manage to buy you."
Cita said as she checked the watch on her computer.

"I will need a way to copy the files over, ahead of time would be better than if I have to wait until I return.

"I...will try, but copying files over from Horizon...these portals are not easy and take their toll, but if there is no time use a...oh what the hell do you Hermetic call it...Vim rote on the phone I will feel it, I can not get cell phone reception through but I have magickally linked myself to it, if you do I will try to open a window so you can send the documents through, as for copying them...I have a tablet...here you can use this and then send that back, but for something to show a bunch of old Hermetics, and I mean no offense...well the real papers are probably best."
Cita said and handed you a tablet that had been laying on the living room table.

And do I need to be in the same place as you put me to leave?

"It is best if I know the location, I am sending you to my own room in the Virtual Adept section of the Chantry, but in a pinch I can try to fetch you from anywhere in Horizon Chantry, but my chambers that I know well are the easiest."

Also, though I am not sure if it is significant, given the danger, but I will tell you that somehow Beatrice's avatar...touched me. What with all the things that have interacted with my avatar of late, I'm not sure what effect it has had on my spirit. But as importantly, the reason that it is different than other Fallen is that it loves its host. It loves her and does not wish her to suffer."

"You should be fine, at worst you got some Resonance from it...hum...that is most interesting...I have to look deeper into that...when there is time."
Cita said and looked intrigued.

I'm ready, thank you for this Cita." He hoped that nothing would happen for all her difficult workings, but at least this time it was a worthy cause that he knew she believed was worth the risk. And he did as well, so there was no hesitation as he stood there waiting, going over the information that had been provided by her, Colin and Antonio.

Cita just nodded, she pressed the enter key and then the world vanished. There was a most...strange feeling, disconcerting yes, confusing, a feeling of moving and at the same time standing still, of massive energies that passed you by and then you found yourself on a wood floor covered with a blue rug, the vertigo you felt now is much worse than when you were teleported from your car by Narim, your head span as you had not just moved though space, but also through dimensions. Through a window with white curtains you see that where you are now it is daytime, and two suns shone in on you...two...you register a desk full of computer equipment, pictures on the walls, books and manual on the shelve of what must be a small, practical living room, but it is hard to get it all into focus, your bowls feel like they are making a little dance and one hand and your left side are score as if you had landed...well landed was not the right word...shown up a bit awkward and had fallen, nothing is more than bruised though.

(Please give me a willpower roll diff 8 not to leave your dinner on Cita's nice blue rug and to just catch you bearings.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:53 pm

Colin smirked, "By the way, Cita wishes you and your pretty angel the best. Now, what occurred to me is that as I've been told the story, the D'Angelo twins found their mentor with his Avatar torn apart by Nephandi. If that was done as sloppily as the guardian at the manor, then it's possible there were semisentient shards of it left when they arrived. If those shards did like the guardian's did, it's entirely possible the D'Angelos are not fit for work. It's a long, improbable shot, but it's just plausible enough that the other judges might decide to make a thorough investigation of D'Angelo's soul."
He chuckled, "As for how I do it - it actually helps that I can't lie worth a damn. That means I have to convince people sincerely, which requires rather a lot more effort to master. And I'm scarcely a master of that art yet."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:02 pm

"One hour and forty three minutes plus whatever extra time I manage to buy you." Cita said as she checked the watch on her computer.

He mentally deducted ten minutes for transport and as a slight buffer for the least amount of time and nodded.

"I...will try, but copying files over from Horizon...these portals are not easy and take their toll, but if there is no time use a...oh what the hell do you Hermetic call it...Vim rote on the phone I will feel it, I can not get cell phone reception through but I have magickally linked myself to it, if you do I will try to open a window so you can send the documents through, as for copying them...I have a tablet...here you can use this and then send that back, but for something to show a bunch of old Hermetics, and I mean no offense...well the real papers are probably best." Cita said and handed you a tablet that had been laying on the living room table.

"I am not able to use ars materia and I certainly cannot use a phone to do a working. I shall just have to see what can be done." He took the tablet from her and nodded. "As a backup. So if I have it correct, if someone uses a prime rote on the mobile then you will know and then open a smaller portal, and if we cannot make a paper copy then try the tablet."

"It is best if I know the location, I am sending you to my own room in the Virtual Adept section of the Chantry, but in a pinch I can try to fetch you from anywhere in Horizon Chantry, but my chambers that I know well are the easiest."

"Very well." At least he knew where he was going to end up now. And if there were some Adepts around that might help direct him towards the Hermetic area and from there he had a shot of finding the man he needed to find.

"You should be fine, at worst you got some Resonance from it...hum...that is most interesting...I have to look deeper into that...when there is time." Cita said and looked intrigued

He nodded, satisfied that it would not change the necessary working.

Cita just nodded, she pressed the enter key and then the world vanished. There was a most...strange feeling, disconcerting yes, confusing, a feeling of moving and at the same time standing still, of massive energies that passed you by and then you found yourself on a wood floor covered with a blue rug, the vertigo you felt now is much worse than when you were teleported from your car by Narim, your head span as you had not just moved though space, but also through dimensions. Through a window with white curtains you see that where you are now it is daytime, and two suns shone in on you...two...you register a desk full of computer equipment, pictures on the walls, books and manual on the shelve of what must be a small, practical living room, but it is hard to get it all into focus, your bowls feel like they are making a little dance and one hand and your left side are score as if you had landed...well landed was not the right word...shown up a bit awkward and had fallen, nothing is more than bruised though.

When he was a small child his parents had taken him and his siblings to am amusement park. He rode on the roller coasters and spin rides until he vomited and felt like he was being washed ashore the entire cartrip home. It was like that, being extremely hung over and being moved from the cannery combined but a thousand times worse. He didn't even have a time to curse as the room slide sideways around him, as if his body mind and spirit were not properly aligned together yet. With a lurch, he grabbed his stomach and threw his dinner up violently all over the floor, fingers of his other hand crushed into the blue rug.

//I hope Cita wasn't enamoured with that rug: 6,1,7,4,7,1,7 >.<

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm

Colin:

Colin smirked, "By the way, Cita wishes you and your pretty angel the best.

Beatrice looked down and smiles slightly.
"Miss Telar was the only one that had anything nice to say about my Avatar when I was a prisoner on Horizon."
The young Verbena muttered, she seamed to like that her Avatar was called pretty.

Now, what occurred to me is that as I've been told the story, the D'Angelo twins found their mentor with his Avatar torn apart by Nephandi. If that was done as sloppily as the guardian at the manor, then it's possible there were semisentient shards of it left when they arrived. If those shards did like the guardian's did, it's entirely possible the D'Angelos are not fit for work. It's a long, improbable shot, but it's just plausible enough that the other judges might decide to make a thorough investigation of D'Angelo's soul."

Beatrice winced and begun to shiver again when you talk about an Avatar destroyed sloppily, that hit a little to close to home.
"I...see...I understand. I can see why they hate those like me then."
The young Verbena said with compassion in her eyes.
"If someone had done something like that to...Amadeus I would probably be a hate filled fanatic as well."
Beatrice sigh, fearfully she glanced towards the watch on the wall.
"It is under two hours now...plus whatever time your scheme buy me."
"Two more hours and then..."
Beatrice curled up into a ball and looked terribly lost and afraid.

He chuckled, "As for how I do it - it actually helps that I can't lie worth a damn. That means I have to convince people sincerely, which requires rather a lot more effort to master. And I'm scarcely a master of that art yet."

"You seam to be able to talk with anyone, make them see your point...that is a gift Colin."
Beatrice said though she was still curled up into a ball, looked up at the watch on the wall, counting minutes.

Adley:

"I am not able to use ars materia and I certainly cannot use a phone to do a working. I shall just have to see what can be done." He took the tablet from her and nodded. "As a backup. So if I have it correct, if someone uses a prime rote on the mobile then you will know and then open a smaller portal, and if we cannot make a paper copy then try the tablet."

"Yes...I am afraid that doing a working through the portal is beyond me at the moment, I can sense what happens to an anchor, namely that phone, but other than that, opening the portal is as much as I can do...opening a portal through the Umbra...is not easy."
The Virtual Adept said regretfully.

After you have emptied your bowels on the rug you do not at first know how long it takes before your head begin to clear and you manage to catch your bearings, you still have a headache but at least your wits are returning and slowly the room stop spinning, you do feel a bit hung over but slowly, slowly you are able to focus. You look down on your watch and see you have lost ten minutes before the vertigo left and you regained your senses.

You now stand in a small apartment, you hear people talking in the hallway outside, from the placement of the suns, if they move anything like on Earth it is about midday on Horizon now, about time for the various residents of this huge Chantry to have their lunches.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:34 pm

Colin looked at Beatrice for a moment, then nodded to himself. "Why don't we go down to my apartment, have a cup of tea, and I'll read Teomim's speech? If nothing else, I might do him some justice, and it seems a way to pass the time and center ourselves a little."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:16 pm

"Yes...I am afraid that doing a working through the portal is beyond me at the moment, I can sense what happens to an anchor, namely that phone, but other than that, opening the portal is as much as I can do...opening a portal through the Umbra...is not easy."
The Virtual Adept said regretfully

"I will do my best to get back with a paper copy of the documents in hand."

...you still have a headache but at least your wits are returning and slowly the room stop spinning, you do feel a bit hung over but slowly, slowly you are able to focus. You look down on your watch and see you have lost ten minutes before the vertigo left and you regained your senses

He put a hand to his head and muttered in Latin, cursing his body's weakness, "That is a hell of a way to travel. My head feels like it exploded along with my guts." As quickly as he could he headed to the nearest bathroom or kitchen sink to wipe the worst of the vomit off of himself and grab a mouthful of water. If he was going to convince anyone, coming at them with vomit on his beard wouldn't do the trick but he was fast about it, he'd already lost much too much time for his liking. Then rushed to the door of the apartment, opening it up and looking back to see which one it was before trying to see where to go from there, who was around to ask for directions or assistance, and who looked like they might be a guard.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:27 am

Colin:

Colin looked at Beatrice for a moment, then nodded to himself. "Why don't we go down to my apartment, have a cup of tea, and I'll read Teomim's speech? If nothing else, I might do him some justice, and it seems a way to pass the time and center ourselves a little."

Beatrice hesitated was she allowed to leave her apartment? But then none had said she could not.
"Ok, but someone should let my mentor and Adley know then, they would worry if they come back here and I am gone."
The young Vebena said then she looked down at her hands and shivered, what would the others think if they saw her now.
"E...ehm...Colin? Do the others know...what will happen to me I mean?"
The Verbena said sadly.
"What I am?"
With all that had happened tonight Beatrice had a feeling that the cat was out of the bag and she was afraid the others of the Chantry hated her now.

Adley:

"I will do my best to get back with a paper copy of the documents in hand."

"Good, if you have any problems getting him to agree to let you take the documents...mention my name...when Greg was attacked...when he was just a child before he joined the Traditions...well you know what we do with kids like him, it was stopped mid process by his powerful Orphan mother who saved him and gave Greg enough time to flee and it was me who...healed him...well as could as I could anyway. I hate to collect on a favor such as that, anyone would help a child in such...agony...if they could, but an Avatar hang in the balance."
Cita instructed and she did look sad to call in on the favor the widderslainte owed her, but she would to save Beatrice.

He put a hand to his head and muttered in Latin, cursing his body's weakness, "That is a hell of a way to travel. My head feels like it exploded along with my guts." As quickly as he could he headed to the nearest bathroom or kitchen sink to wipe the worst of the vomit off of himself and grab a mouthful of water. If he was going to convince anyone, coming at them with vomit on his beard wouldn't do the trick but he was fast about it, he'd already lost much too much time for his liking.

Just in the next room you find Cita's kitchen, it is a small room, just a sink, a fridge, a oven and a tiny table with two chairs beside a window, the walls are blue and again the curtains and table cloth is white, you can imagine Cita sitting down to calm her patients down with a cup of tea here, also it seamed the Master of Spirit had the same taste as your mentor, simple and functional, with her accomplishments and recognition she could live in luxury and be waited on hand and foot, but instead she choose this simple, practical apartment. You get yourself cleaned up for the most part and grab a drink of water, the water here though taste so much better than on Earth, it was not contaminated with all the chemicals that where in the water in the tap at home.

Then rushed to the door of the apartment, opening it up and looking back to see which one it was before trying to see where to go from there, who was around to ask for directions or assistance, and who looked like they might be a guard.

You see no guards, you see a tall woman with a mas of braids to her waist who was in the process of unlocking the door of her room with one hand while she was balancing several books with the others, other than that the long, stone corridor was empty. The place looked grand, on the walls where murals showing the Adept's escape from the Union, another wall decoration held the symbol for Correspondence made of thousands of little glowing lights, a green carpet that had the Adept's Tradition symbol repeated over and over again in a pattern decorated the stone tile floor.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:07 am

"Good, if you have any problems getting him to agree to let you take the documents...mention my name...when Greg was attacked...when he was just a child before he joined the Traditions...well you know what we do with kids like him, it was stopped mid process by his powerful Orphan mother who saved him and gave Greg enough time to flee and it was me who...healed him...well as could as I could anyway. I hate to collect on a favor such as that, anyone would help a child in such...agony...if they could, but an Avatar hang in the balance."

"Perhaps he will wish to help of his own accord, but we shall see." He too had been wondering what he  might trade to the man, other than a favour sometime in the future. Now he had some collateral if it was necessary, though he hoped it would not be.

You see no guards, you see a tall woman with a mas of braids to her waist...

He looks at the woman and the books, then at the key and mentally cursed again. How was he supposed to get back in if the door locked him out? Well, he'd have to hope the doorway was close enough to her apartment to work if it turned out to matter. "Excuse me, miss," he said, trying to get her attention. "I am an associate of Master Telar's; she has sent me here to get some help for a friend which is extremely time critical. But I'm afraid I'm likely to get lost along the way. Can you please tell me how to get to the Hermetic section from here?"

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:36 am

"Time critical...with her line of work...oh dear."
The woman said then she pointed with her key.
"You go down this corridor, out of this section, down the set of stairs you then get to, then you cross pass the hallways that go to the entrances to the Tradition realms, take the first stairs you see, go up two floors and then you should see a set of double doors with the Order of Hermes symbol on them in gold and you are there."
The woman, presumably a Virtual Adept said.
"Considering what Cita do if it is time critical do you want me to guide you?"
She offered with a thin smile, she was pretty, brown skin, large brown eyes and a fine, sharp featured face, she was wearing a red dress and black booths.
"It is not that far from here Sir."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:54 am

He listened very carefully. It wasn't far assuming he got it right, but his head was still feeling as if it were squashed between two concrete cinder blocks and then stood upon by a baby elephant just a few moments ago. So when the woman offered assistance, he shoved aside his pride and nodded. "Yes please. There is no time to lose." And he'd already lost enough wallowing on the carpet in vertigo.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:04 am

The woman nodded she looked at her stack of books for a moment then just put them on the floor next to her door and begun walking quickly down the corridor.
"My name is Lara Varis."
The Virtual Adept said politely, she did not stop to shake your hand though, she understood that there where some urgency here.

Lara lead the way out of the long corridor of rooms for the Virtual Adepts and then down a set of stairs, you see people everywhere, some openly working magick with no fear of Paradox. You see a few guards as well but since you are walking with someone they know they leave you alone and assume you have a right to be there. Finally after ascending some stairs you see the big double doors with your Tradition symbol in pure gold inlaid into the wooden door.
"We are here Sir...I hope you find help for your friend...they must be hurt badly if Cita is th one to help them."
Lara said and shuddered a bit.
"The Hermetic section is right through here."
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:59 am

He nodded to the Adept and said in turn, Adley Roth Hicks, of the Order. Thank you Ms Varis, I will not forget this." He tried to pay attention to which direction they were going in the event that he had to find his way back. Just like when he was in Cita's apartment, there wasn't time for sight seeing or stopping, he took note of as much as he could en route as well as the guards seemed to linger and that was about all there was time for, including more than basic etiquette. He would remember the woman's name though and her offer of help without any but the most basic understanding.

"We are here Sir...I hope you find help for your friend...they must be hurt badly if Cita is the one to help them." Lara said and shuddered a bit. "The Hermetic section is right through here."

"Not yet...that why there is such a hurry." He summoned her a small smile of thanks, urgency in his eyes but a determined look in his bearing also. "And then to find where members the Ex Miscellanea have holed themselves," he said to himself as he went up towards the doors. He put out a hand and tried to open and pass through them, though he was expecting them to be locked and guarded.

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:20 am

"I think the Ex Miscellanea are on the bottom floor of the three floor complex the Hermetics have. I am not sure though, generally the Hermetics do not like for members of other Traditions to go into their section."
Lara said then she repeated her wish of good luck.
"Well I need to get back I have an assignment due...but I really hope you find what you are looking for Mr Roth Hicks."
The Adept said, she lingered a moment not sure if it was ok to leave but as you headed for the doors she turned and went back the way she came.

The doors open surprisingly easy for so large doors, inside there is a huge entrance hall with marble floor, paintings of old, important looking men and women on the walls and three stair cases, two leading up and one leading down. You see a man on his way up one of the staircases and two women talking near the one that leads downwards, a second man comes from a hallway above and are headed towards the downwards staircase and he is something you have never seen before. The man, about your age from the look of him, not that looks meant much to determine the age of magi, he had brown hair in a short ponytail and pale skin and wore light gray robes, what put him apart though was the symbols on his skin, you only see his face, neck and hands, but they are full of complicated marks that looks cut or burned into his flesh...a Criamon.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adley Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:23 am

"I think the Ex Miscellanea are on the bottom floor of the three floor complex the Hermetics have. I am not sure though, generally the Hermetics do not like for members of other Traditions to go into their section." Lara said then she repeated her wish of good luck. "Well I need to get back I have an assignment due...but I really hope you find what you are looking for Mr Roth Hicks."

"I'm sorry I'm short on manners at this time Mrs Varis. Again, thank you. I will not forget."

It seemed once you had managed to get in, then you didn't have to do as many of the usual songs and dances. Good, they took up time as well.

He scanned the crowd. Naturally, the Criamon stood even in the crowd. Though he'd never seen one or spoke with one, if he was staying on Horizon he would probably be staying in the Ex Mis wing. He was at least headed in the right direction, as per the Adept's best guess. He hurried through the hall trying to keep out of the way of the foot traffic and not look like a madman, just someone in a hurry...a big hurry...just short of running...in the direction the grey robed figure. "Pardon me, sir..."

Adley

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:53 am

Colin shrugged, "Of the ones I know know, some suspected, but didn't know, some find it very hard to believe since you are about as malicious and destructive as a kitten on opiates, and mostly, it seems, they're a bit upset they weren't told. But I think they don't so much hate you as worry, now that a raging war band of Quaesitors showed up on our doorstep like shock troops with an intimidation fetish. I can't speak for everyone, of course, but I honestly don't believe everyone hates you. As for letting people know where you are, that's simple enough; do you have a thumbtack or some tape?"
He quickly jotted down a small note, "Visiting Colin, apartment 2-16."

((OOC: Suddenly realized I don't know Colin's apartment number, and I don't recall if it ever came up - so I just picked one. If that's the wrong floor, let me know, and I'll fix it.))

Last edited by Warpmind on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:25 am

Adley:

The Criamon stopped and turned as the half running man approached him and spoke, he had dark gray eyes that was full of knowledge but there was something off about them as well, the robed mage gave a slight nod and replied.
"Yes Sir what can I do for you?"
The Criamon's voice sounded as if he found it hard to focus or perhaps what he found hard was functioning on a mundane level, the mystic seamed friendly enough though, but all those symbols carved into his body made him seam strange, alien in a way.

Colin:

Beatrice glanced at Colin, kitten on opiates was it, well he had never seen her in a fight now had he, but then, she was good natured she guessed and did not like to hurt anyone, even if her Avatar enjoyed it.
"I am glad they do not all hate me..."
The young Verbena muttered and she was, she had dreaded the they the others would find out what she was, many would not accept a widderslainte amongst them, but then perhaps her Mentor's plan had worked, that if the members of Steelhaven got to know her first as a person then they would be more accepting when they learned that she was Fallen.

Beatrice had to smile, just a little when Colin called the Quaesitores shock troops with n intimidation fetish, well they got the intimidation down pat at least, but even if she was terrified the young Verbena could not help but find the mental image that conjured slightly amusing.
"I would not let them hear you call them that Colin."
Beatrice muttered.

"Yeah I have some thumbtack here somewhere."
Beatrice said and went to her kitchen, looking through the drawers was cumbersome with her hands bound but she managed, damned restraints every time she moved and felt them where a new weave of fear rushed over her. The young Verbena headed over to Colin with the pack of tacks and gave it to him.
"Here."
In a way doing something as simple and mundane as looking for something in her drawers helped a little,but then she glanced at her wall watch and the fear was back...oh sweet heaven there was so little time..."

(If you say 2-16 then we are good, there are 16 apartments per floor.)
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:40 am

Colin winked as he stuck the thumbtack through the note, "I would not let them hear it, either. Shall we, then?"
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Anja Rebekka Schultze Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:07 am

Beatrice nodded then she followed Colin through the hallways of the Chantry, thankfully there where not that many of Steelhaven's mages out of their rooms this night, but very time they met someone Beatrice would look down at her chained hands and look very uncomfortable. The two people you met though, Darrian who was on his way out to walk his familiar and Anton von Hess, the rather shy Sons of Ether Hedge Wizard only gave the young Verbena sympathetic looks as they pass the two of you.
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Anja Rebekka Schultze
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warpmind Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:19 am

Colin tacked the note to Beatrice's door and led her down to his apartment. It was... neat. A few decently-stocked bookshelves, a corner desk with a fairly powerful-looking computer with a three-monitor setup, a flight stick and a remarkably rugged-looking chair reminiscent of a pilot's seat, a sofa, two chairs and table, and a small rose bush in a large pot by the window.
"You'll have to pardon the neatness, but I haven't had much time to make a mess this week," Colin quipped as he went to put the kettle on. "Why don't you, hmmm, pick a seat while I find the book? Oh, Earl Grey? Darjeeling? I also have some assorted fruit and spice teas, if you'd prefer..."
Warpmind
Warpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next